Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty
3.68/5

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

594 Audi Consumer Reviews

Original review: March 21, 2019

Hi all. I own an Audi A5 2013, 1.8 TFSI Coupe, I bought this car as a second hand (used) from Trade Centre UK in Wednesbury. I thought "what a great car..." Test drive it. Liked it. Bought it. Few months later it went on limbo mode just like that. All of the sudden. No warnings. Nothing. Took it to an RAC approved garage (when I bought the car I was recommended to buy the premium RAC warranty which you have to pay 41.50 UK pounds per month for 3 years) and they told me that they had to replace a part that has to do with the a/c of the car (air conditioning) which cost them £1000. Then few months later one of my injectors went bad so I had to take it to an RAC approved garage again for them to fix it, when that was done and I got my car back all of the sudden the EPC light came on with the traction control on the dashboard. I thought FFS. This is some sort of a joke...

Took it to a garage again, my mechanic had to replace a part that he thought would fix the car which it didn't so when he reported the problem to me he also said that he thinks it could be the control module unit of the car which is the brain of the car. Apparently, it was flooded with water, somehow the when it rains the water makes it way to the ECU but when he hired an electrician the electrician said that there was nothing wrong with the ECU so I thought great. At least I don't have to pay money from my own pocket to get it replaced because apparently the ECU is not covered under the premium RAC warranty.

The electrician told my mechanic that the part he ordered and got it replaced it was faulty so my mechanic contacted the VW (Volkswagen) people (because that's where he ordered it from) and asked for another one. So he installed it and still the problem wasn't fixed so he called me and explained to me what happened and now he had to call out an Audi expert. That was few days ago.

When I called my mechanic today to ask him for an update on my car, he said that the Audi expert said that there is a fault in the ECU and that he is trying to find a cost effective way to fix it instead of replacing the whole thing, I feel like my mechanic had my car more than what I did. I been in and out from garages for a good 2 months and still going. I would not recommend this car to anyone and it's a huge disappointment also worth me ruining that the fuel consumption is really bad I have to top up my car fuel £65 every 2 weeks and I mostly travel back and forth from work to home for 5 days sometimes 4 days a week, 10 minutes to drive to work and 10 minutes to drive back home. I wonder what will be next.

Original review: March 18, 2019

In March of 2017, I walked into the Audi Mission Viejo, California dealership to have a minor repair on my leased 2014, A8. They said it would take 15-20 minutes so I took the time to look at the new A8 cars that were available. Jon, the salesman came up to me and asked if he could help – I said I was just looking because my lease doesn’t come due for another 2 months. He said, “How would you like to save a couple hundred dollars per month and get a new one today”. My first question was what happens to the old lease where there are 2 more payments due. He said that those payments would be wrapped into the new lease and even then, I would save a couple hundred dollars per month.

I explained that this would be the only way I would be interested in getting a new car that day because I was actually thinking of other less expensive cars and wasn’t particularly happy with the service I had received from Audi during the current lease. Enticed by the offer, I ended up picking out a new 2017 A8, and before I left, I realized that I wasn’t even coming close to a couple hundred-dollar savings, in fact the payment was about $60 less. I just accepted this considering that they took back the other car with still two months of payments. He also told me that even if there was some minor wear and tear Audi waives that when you are leasing a new car and “staying part of the family”.

Fast forward 2 years and my wife and I are moving to a new home. We are getting a mortgage and something shows up on my credit which is 820 on the FICO scale. I’m told by the bank that I need to do a conference call with Audi and an outside credit company that deals with these situations. During the call, I am told by Edgar at Audi that I still owe $3,236.74 from the 2015 lease. He explained that the amount due was because Audi took a loss when they sold the car, excess wear and tear, and lease payments that were still due. I pointed out to him that I have never seen one single bill via mail or any other form in two years.

Also, while I was speaking to him, I checked my online account with Audi which showed all past and current leases and nothing showed there either. He agreed that this is a problem and I should contact my dealer and Audi of America. He also said that this does not show on my credit as something that is outstanding but then, when I pointed out that is why we are having this call, he said that should never had/have an effect on my credit. What am I supposed to do, call Audi every time I need a loan and have my credit checked? I will NEVER have anything to do with Audi or any company affiliated with Audi, they are as crooked as they come.

Oh, and by the way, on another subject that you as a consumer should be aware of, several months ago I asked for a copy of the lease for my wife’s 2015 Q7, they ended up sending someone else’s credit application which had a lot of personal information like social security number, DOB, where they work, how much they make, etc. When I called back to let them know, they made the same mistake and sent me yet again someone else’s information. Third try, I finally got a copy of my lease. Bad business is the best I can say for Audi!

Original review: March 13, 2019

Just serviced my 2013 A4 at AUDI Santa Monica dealership. Probably the worst experience had with them, they overcharged me by almost $300 (Paid ~$615 while last service was the same and it cost me ~$300, Service Rep claimed that last time workload was less than this time which is not true), been a hectic week for me so had no energy to argue with someone who is probably not responsible.

My coolant light sometimes turns on and I have been to that dealership 3 times while car was UNDER WARRANTY to fix this issue and every time I was assured it was fixed and the issue never got fixed. Been regularly servicing my car over there (Have done all required services with Audi) during this period but I was informed that I need to pay an abnormal fee since there is an issue with the coolant pump and parts need to get replaced and it won't be UNDER WARRANTY since it is a new issue which is not the reality (Paperworks proves my statements).

Had the same issue with my brakes, no one ever mentioned to me that my brakes have issues (Been following company's guidelines and scheduled maintenance) so now it is going to cost me ~$1K to fix. It is smarter to not go after $300-$1K more for someone who can potentially be your repeat client and make you more money than the change these service departments are after. (I know this since I am a Business Analyst.) Please educate your dealerships on how to run a business. GOODBYE AUDI FOREVER, from now on will take my car to a reputable decent mechanic. Will never also purchase another AUDI in my life.

Original review: March 7, 2019

I purchased a 2017 A3 in Sept 2017 at Audi Nanaimo. I've only owned it just over a year, and purchased their Audi Care Pkg that includes 4 service appts. They recommend routine service at certain intervals, the last one being 60,000kms. I was overdue by 19,000 when I brought it in because of a strange sound while steering to the left, but still within the stated warrantied mileage. They deemed it a complete transmission failure after a $600 diagnosis and will not replace the transmission under warranty, because they said I was overdue for servicing...and the car only has 80,000km on it! They then proceeded to send me an $11,000 quote. What a scam.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

If you ever consider buying a used Audi make sure it has an extended warranty for as long as you plan on owning it!!! They break down often and when they do it will cost you a fortune to fix!! You will get sucked in thinking, "Ok I'll fix this problem then I should be ok," then next month another issue and it happens every month, and it is major money every time!!! Last one I owned was an A6 with 70,000 miles, car book value is around $10,000 they want $6500 to repair a mechatronic, car will not shift out of park when it's cold, no way to bypass it, and they don't even have the part!!! I now own a $10,000 piece of **!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Audi?

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

Vehicle (2016 A6 Quattro) has shut off while driving. Vehicle has shut off while at a stop light; would not immediately restart. Fiddled with the gears, put in park. Got vehicle to start after about 30-60 seconds. 30-60 seconds is a significant amount of time at a stop light that has just turned green. This has happened 3 times. Enter vehicle; start; put in reverse or drive to exit my driveway; car has shut off while attempting to exit driveway, 4 times; warning/Prompting me to put it in park. Brakes or rotors make a scratching noise; notice if driving close to a wall or median (to reflect the sound) when windows are down.

Have had brakes checked by dealer multiple times and have been told they were fine. However, they make a constant noise. My parking sensor has been stuck in a position that makes vehicle think the passenger side front bumper is in contact with something. Will usually go back to normal by the next day. This has happened twice. Also has 2 recalls. 1 has not been completed. The other, the airbag recall, has been unable to be repaired. Dealer states they have not been sent the parts. This has been ongoing for months now.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

Car was purchased in Toronto in mid Oct, 2018, driven to Naples, Florida in early November and parked in a condo garage 100 yards from the Gulf of Mexico with the passenger side exposed to winds from the Gulf. In mid January a braking issue was noticed when braking at highway speeds. Audi service determined that the issue was caused by rust on the passenger side brake rotors and advised that because this was a result of "outside influences" the repair cost would not be covered by the warranty. Does this seem reasonable when other equivalent cars parked in the same condo location over 8 years had not encountered the same problem?

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

Purchased a new vehicle and was convinced by my dealer to finance through Audi in order to get a credit off the purchase price. Asked if there was a payoff penalty and was assured there was none. After the 2 month waiting period required for Audi Financial to establish the account, I contacted them for a payoff quote. This is only good for 10 days. In that period of time, I re-financed through my credit union and had them send a check directly to Audi Financial. Audi claims they never received the first check, so my credit union issued a second check which was received. Unfortunately, Audi Financial did not honor the first pay off amount so due to the interest accrual, I continued to get statements with "Balance Due = $0.00".

After the 3rd statement of this type, I contacted Audi Financial and they said that they had not put the check from my credit union as a pay off amount. They just put the money towards my payments and my next payment wasn't due until Jan 19, 2023 (the last payment). But my vehicle was still not technically paid off. In the last phone conversation I had with Audi Financial, I was told that they had received the first check but there was a problem with the account number so they didn't apply it to the loan - which would have paid off my loan. Seems like it was very intentional in order to get more interest from the loan/financing. Although there is not a technical charge for paying off the loan at Audi Financial, it seems that they have ways of getting the most interest possible from their customers. I love my Audi vehicle, but I will never use Audi Financial again.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

I bought a brand new 2014 diesel Q7. I loved it, loved how it drove, the gas mileage, its acceleration and handling. I loved the sound system and how roomy it was, and how comfortable it was to drive and ride in from almost any seat. 3rd row kind of sucked, but usually their kids anyway. So what happened? The government. Freakin California says they lied about emissions. Diesels anywhere else in the world (literally - I've been there) are mainstream BECAUSE of their fuel efficiency. So they pay me 8K to keep my car and "fix it" so that it meets ridiculous standards of emissions. I got it fixed May? of 2018. It's now been in the shop 2x for 7-10 days per time because of the ad blue light indicator/system being faulty.

This last time they thought there was air in the lines so they had to have the mechanic drive it for 50 miles (with my permission - I live 2 hours from the dealer) to verify purging of the system. They also found out I had it chipped at some point - way before their fix and of course now they want to say their warranty for the fix is no longer viable. My performance chip that is no longer even connected due to their re-construction of my exhaust system has nothing to do with their ad-blue fiasco. Of course, in Audi's best interest they no longer offer diesel vehicles in the US but will still offer them overseas. Along with VW who has a smashing replica in 2019 of what this car used to be. I used to love my Audi, now it's an anchor and potential money pit.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

I took my 2016 Red Audi A4 to Audi of South Atlanta in Union City Georgia on 12/12/2018 in the afternoon hours. I took it for the after coolant pump recall and to get a diagnostic as to why my reverse camera would intermittently work. I got there, dropped off the car, signed for my loaner car & acknowledged the 149$ diagnostic fee. Upon taking the trunk apart they came upon my wiring harness underneath the deck lid had been cut and taped back together possibly by a previous body shop that repaired the car after an accident back in 2016 when I got the car new. They were saying that over the course of two years and the wires being held back together by tape that they became loose.

We then got State Farm involved and did a 3 way call with the dealership and they agreed to do another tear down at the cost of State Farm, as I had requested them not do any repair work as I would take it up with the previous body shop. But State Farm wanted to send an adjuster out to get an estimate of the damage. Hear nothing until 12-26-2018 When I got an email about the findings and if I wanted to do the repairs or not, and I did NOT respond to the email I instead asked Tim ** the service adviser why I was receiving the email and if it was just automated because the last communication I had during the 3 way call was that State Farm was paying for the repairs not me that I never wanted the work done if I was going to be responsible for the bill. He text me and said “Let me verify with State Farm that they are bringing a check by today or tomorrow”.

12-27-2018 I hear from Tim ** that State Farm is denying the repair and that the repair has already been completed because they sent him over the document containing the estimate he took that as approval for repairs is what he told me. I asked to see said document because I was not in any communication about the repair being done until after the fact. He texts on the same date how pissed he is because the State Farm claims adjuster would not allow him to speak to his supervisor and ask if I would call them the next day and allow a 3 way call with the supervisor of said claims agent “Carter”. Over the next business day when Tim ** realized that State Farm was not going to pay for repairs as they did not and have no right to do approve repairs to my car only I can approve said repairs and I NEVER approved ANY repairs!!

So they start looking at me for the money, first telling me the cost of the repair telling me & the advisor at Audi of America that I need to pay it and go after my insurance company for reimbursement. Then when they realize I am not about to pay almost 2k for this repair they then tell me they could charge me the 725$ for the rental car which my agreement was for a “Loaner” car… A few days going back and forth with my local agent, this dealer, and the sheriffs department they then agree to release the car for a lowered amount of $500 and they put my broken part back in and keep their new part. I declined once again as the only thing I approved was a $149 diagnostic fee.

I then call Audi Financial who I have the vehicle financed with and told them the story and they really weren’t much help. So after being threatened with the cost of the loaner Audi I decided to return it and get a few things out of my car since it was clear they were going to have it for quite some time. When they finally bring my car around for me to retrieve property out of they had in my front seat my LICENSE PLATE to take with me… talk about taking possession of something I have paid 27k for to this day… WOW! Then I start looking into legal options and possibly even just letting Audi reposes the vehicle as it was going on 3 weeks and no one wanted to help me when this dealer was Clearly STEALING MY CAR!!! I let it go for a week or two this new year as I was stressing way too much.

Today on 01-21-2019 I call and speak with service manager Allen, I was being nice considering this dealer has done nothing but rob me for 4 weeks as I’m paying a car payment and insurance on a car they have. I ask if they would consider $350 instead of $500 like they had offered a few weeks back to just put this all behind us since they were in the wrong for doing repairs I never approved and he said no that is not what he and the service advisor offered me and that to take the car off the lot it would be the full $500.

I said, "Okay if you all want to continue being crooks I will find a way to get my car" and he interrupts me and says that they are not crooks and if that is how I felt that I can pay the full invoice price and to not come up there to get the vehicle until I have all the money including the loaner car and hangs up!!! Here I am going out of my way to be the bigger person and Pay them money of any amount other than $149 and I get that type of attitude and yelling from a member or management?? I guess this is what to expect when owned by Buttler Automotive Group out of Macon Ga… Update to come when I retrieve my car.

Audi Company Information