Get peace of Mind

Be comforted knowing that your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend My Warranty
3.40/5

Get peace of Mind

Be comforted knowing that your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend My Warranty

586 Audi Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

I bought a brand new 2014 diesel Q7. I loved it, loved how it drove, the gas mileage, its acceleration and handling. I loved the sound system and how roomy it was, and how comfortable it was to drive and ride in from almost any seat. 3rd row kind of sucked, but usually their kids anyway. So what happened? The government. Freakin California says they lied about emissions. Diesels anywhere else in the world (literally - I've been there) are mainstream BECAUSE of their fuel efficiency. So they pay me 8K to keep my car and "fix it" so that it meets ridiculous standards of emissions. I got it fixed May? of 2018. It's now been in the shop 2x for 7-10 days per time because of the ad blue light indicator/system being faulty.

This last time they thought there was air in the lines so they had to have the mechanic drive it for 50 miles (with my permission - I live 2 hours from the dealer) to verify purging of the system. They also found out I had it chipped at some point - way before their fix and of course now they want to say their warranty for the fix is no longer viable. My performance chip that is no longer even connected due to their re-construction of my exhaust system has nothing to do with their ad-blue fiasco. Of course, in Audi's best interest they no longer offer diesel vehicles in the US but will still offer them overseas. Along with VW who has a smashing replica in 2019 of what this car used to be. I used to love my Audi, now it's an anchor and potential money pit.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

I took my 2016 Red Audi A4 to Audi of South Atlanta in Union City Georgia on 12/12/2018 in the afternoon hours. I took it for the after coolant pump recall and to get a diagnostic as to why my reverse camera would intermittently work. I got there, dropped off the car, signed for my loaner car & acknowledged the 149$ diagnostic fee. Upon taking the trunk apart they came upon my wiring harness underneath the deck lid had been cut and taped back together possibly by a previous body shop that repaired the car after an accident back in 2016 when I got the car new. They were saying that over the course of two years and the wires being held back together by tape that they became loose.

We then got State Farm involved and did a 3 way call with the dealership and they agreed to do another tear down at the cost of State Farm, as I had requested them not do any repair work as I would take it up with the previous body shop. But State Farm wanted to send an adjuster out to get an estimate of the damage. Hear nothing until 12-26-2018 When I got an email about the findings and if I wanted to do the repairs or not, and I did NOT respond to the email I instead asked Tim ** the service adviser why I was receiving the email and if it was just automated because the last communication I had during the 3 way call was that State Farm was paying for the repairs not me that I never wanted the work done if I was going to be responsible for the bill. He text me and said “Let me verify with State Farm that they are bringing a check by today or tomorrow”.

12-27-2018 I hear from Tim ** that State Farm is denying the repair and that the repair has already been completed because they sent him over the document containing the estimate he took that as approval for repairs is what he told me. I asked to see said document because I was not in any communication about the repair being done until after the fact. He texts on the same date how pissed he is because the State Farm claims adjuster would not allow him to speak to his supervisor and ask if I would call them the next day and allow a 3 way call with the supervisor of said claims agent “Carter”. Over the next business day when Tim ** realized that State Farm was not going to pay for repairs as they did not and have no right to do approve repairs to my car only I can approve said repairs and I NEVER approved ANY repairs!!

So they start looking at me for the money, first telling me the cost of the repair telling me & the advisor at Audi of America that I need to pay it and go after my insurance company for reimbursement. Then when they realize I am not about to pay almost 2k for this repair they then tell me they could charge me the 725$ for the rental car which my agreement was for a “Loaner” car… A few days going back and forth with my local agent, this dealer, and the sheriffs department they then agree to release the car for a lowered amount of $500 and they put my broken part back in and keep their new part. I declined once again as the only thing I approved was a $149 diagnostic fee.

I then call Audi Financial who I have the vehicle financed with and told them the story and they really weren’t much help. So after being threatened with the cost of the loaner Audi I decided to return it and get a few things out of my car since it was clear they were going to have it for quite some time. When they finally bring my car around for me to retrieve property out of they had in my front seat my LICENSE PLATE to take with me… talk about taking possession of something I have paid 27k for to this day… WOW! Then I start looking into legal options and possibly even just letting Audi reposes the vehicle as it was going on 3 weeks and no one wanted to help me when this dealer was Clearly STEALING MY CAR!!! I let it go for a week or two this new year as I was stressing way too much.

Today on 01-21-2019 I call and speak with service manager Allen, I was being nice considering this dealer has done nothing but rob me for 4 weeks as I’m paying a car payment and insurance on a car they have. I ask if they would consider $350 instead of $500 like they had offered a few weeks back to just put this all behind us since they were in the wrong for doing repairs I never approved and he said no that is not what he and the service advisor offered me and that to take the car off the lot it would be the full $500.

I said, "Okay if you all want to continue being crooks I will find a way to get my car" and he interrupts me and says that they are not crooks and if that is how I felt that I can pay the full invoice price and to not come up there to get the vehicle until I have all the money including the loaner car and hangs up!!! Here I am going out of my way to be the bigger person and Pay them money of any amount other than $149 and I get that type of attitude and yelling from a member or management?? I guess this is what to expect when owned by Buttler Automotive Group out of Macon Ga… Update to come when I retrieve my car.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

1/11/18 purchased 2018 Audi S5 Corporate car with 8700 miles. Max oil warning light kept coming on. Took out 9 qts gasoline saturated oil. Serviced 4 times, contact Audi USA 3 times & email. No response. Traded car for BMW 540XI.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

I purchased a 2018 Audi Q7 and was pushed by Grapevine Audi to finance for at least 4 months to get a rebate and the dealer get an incentive from Audi Financial. Long story short I made the first payment of $10,000 which they lost and now claim they returned. They say the check was cashed...this was an electronic bank transfer made by my bank and the entire story from Audi makes no sense and they cannot prove how they returned the funds. I have been dealing with this for over a month and each call results in a different story from Audi Financial. If you choose to finance an Audi do so through your own bank to avoid this nightmare.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

I have never owned an Audi product, so I decided to lease a 2017 Audi Q7 3.0 to determine if I would shift from the Benz and BMW world. The car is good, very good but I have problems with obtaining satisfactory maintenance service. My first bad experience was at Audi of Silverspring, MD where I schedule to take my car in and booked a Loaner. On getting there, I was referred to Enterprise somewhere at the back of the Audi facilities. Enterprise wasted my time and within one hour, the provided 2 cars that did not work. I called my Service Associate multiple times and left messages. I did not get him and he never replied my call.

At the edge of one hour, I decided to go back to Audi. I still did not meet my Service Associate. I told them to give me my car and left in annoyance without doing the service (they have not started working on it after one hour). I took it to Audi of Bethesda, MD but was very dissatisfied with their service as well - location difficult to locate, no clear directions that the Dealership location is different from the Service Center, poor estimation of completion time, technicians handled the car roughly and carelessly. I tried reaching through the text I got but no response even though the text stated I could use it to reach my service technician - bad responsiveness.

On the next one, I went back to Silverspring and planned to wait while the service was done so I would not run into issues of getting a Loaner car. I got my car back but before I drove back home, the lever used to open the Hood fell off like three times. I kept putting it back and it kept coming off. I then decided to keep it in the Glove Compartment but before that, I took a picture and sent it to the Audi Silverspring SMS text line that the Service Person uses to communicate. I explained and requested a callback. I never got one but after 2 weeks, I got a text asking if I was satisfied. I referred him to my earlier SMS with the picture but never got a response back up till now. I called to leave a message to advise I was trying to get this resolved before leaving an online feedback - no response. Great cars but very poor maintenance service department(s).

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Audi?

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

Cruise Control not working - was told someone unplugged a module and it would have to be realigned @ $930.00. Washer Fluid sensor was gooped up from the cold - $215.00. Battery failed a test - $530.00. Tail Light LED is bad - $630.00. It wasn't long ago when a tail light could be repaired for $15 and a new battery installed for $75. I'm holding my breath for something that is really serious. May be my last Audi.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

I initially bought an Audi because of their quality and excellent engineering. However, I don't believe I will ever purchase another automobile from this manufacturer again. At 60000 miles my MMI system experienced a complete failure. The Navigation display would not come up, the radio wouldn't work, the navigation system completely failed. I took the car to the dealer here in Denver and was told the 5F MMI component would have to be replaced. Cost of the part $2200, $400 for labor. To say the least this is outrageous. Needless to say I am done with Audi, they are obviously not the reliable luxury cars I thought they were. Save your money! Don't patronize.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

Audi A4- an 8 year, 97,000 mile, disposable car. I purchased a CPO 2010 Audi A4 in 2013 with low mileage from Tom Williams Audi in Birmingham Alabama. Since purchase, I have always had it serviced at Jack Ingram Audi in Montgomery, Alabama. Since owning it I have had two major engine issues and the last one has caused it to be a "throw away car". Immediately upon purchase, with about 22,000 miles the car was burning a lot of oil and after continual visits to Audi for over a year, they informed me of the excessive oil consumption recall and it did not pass the "excessive oil consumption test". Under warranty, the car underwent the #2 engine rebuild around 2014-2015 at about 35,000 miles.

After that repair, everything seemed fine until October 2018, when the car began shaking and the engine light went on. I brought it to Audi and they said it was a fouled spark plug. However, 30 days later, with 97,000 miles, the car began shaking again but this time the engine light came on and was flashing and the car would not drive. I had it flat-bedded to Audi, where I was told there is an extended timing chain/tensioner warranty, so not to worry. Audi paid to replace the timing chain/tensioner but I was told I needed a "valve job" for 4100.00, because of damage to the engine when the timing chain failed. I was told because of a pending class action lawsuit that Audi would pay on a sliding scale which would be 25% for my year and mileage. That would leave $3400.00 cost to me for a car with a $4000.00 trade in value.

Although being shocked about all this, I approved the work because I was not in a position to buy a new car, especially with $0 trade in money. However, I get another call today, telling me that there is more bad news, that at least two of the pistons had bent and there is something possibly cracked and I need a "long block" (ie new engine) for $11,000 of which Audi will pay 25% to repair due to the class action timing chain litigation. It makes no financial sense to spend $8250.00 (75% of the 11,000) for a car with a 4000 value. However, if I don't repair it, Audi owes me 0 for the total loss of my car that was working fine until the timing chain failed.

So at 8 years and 97,000 miles, this Audi A4, luxury car is a throw away car. Audi should have had to cover the engine damage caused by the faulty chain. This is the lions share of the repair cost. I feel Audi should owe me the full trade in value of the car because it broke as a result of the timing chain which they admit was faulty. Audi customer service was curt and told me to file with the class action suit when I asked if they would consider paying anything additional (this was several days before the "fairness hearing" was held on December 12). I would never advise anyone buy an Audi after this experience.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

I bought an A4 a year and a half ago used but in incredible condition. Now for my confusing part. The car starts to idle rough, push the turn off button and keeps running for a few seconds. The engine light appears the next day. Ran code and came up timing. I then read it been quite the problem it seems. People having catastrophic engine failure at worst. I then see Audi has been sued.

I contact the lawyer firm representing the plaintiffs (on the tensioner failure) and was sent a form because my Audi was one of the models affected. Was told as long as I bring it to an authorized Audi dealership it would be covered 100% and if brought to an independent repair shop $1500 would be covered. Well I called the only dealer near me 50 miles away and was told, "Yes we are aware of the extended warranty and yes Audi will cover it." Okay great!!! Had the car flat bedded there. Got a call they received my car. Great then a service advisor called and said it would be a few days to a week to repair. I was told it a 10 hour job. I said okay.

Then a few days later I called back because I had a question. The service advisor told me, "I was just about to write you an email. I have some bad news. Audi will only cover 25% of the repair and need maintenance records." What!!!! What happened to you know all about the extended warranty and look forward to seeing your car. I said as far as the maintenance records they are all listed on Carfax. Was told they can't use that. (Why? Extended warranty companies use them along with Edmunds.) I don't know. Like I said I'm confused completely. It's been over a week and haven't heard a word back from anyone. I will say for the record the employees I did talk to were very polite but polite doesn't answer why I haven't heard back about the status.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

I brought a new Audi A4 in 2013 and it has less than 50K miles on it as of today. Last year in June, the car doesn't accelerate and starts shaking while moving. I had to get it towed to the service shop where and after 3-4 days of tests, they informed me that they would need to fix the engine which would cost anywhere from 5-8K. Given that it was out of warranty, they expected me to bear the costs. It was ridiculous to even think that a premium car like Audi runs into such issues with less than 40K miles (at that time) and that they talk about warranty. It was really shameful and after several calls and discussions, they fixed the issue. However the fear of recurrence has always stayed and I have not been confident to take it for any long drives.

And I got it serviced 3-4 months ago (450$ bill) and was praying that it continues to work fine. And again yesterday the car wouldn't start. The EPC lights turn on and again I had to get the car towed to the servicing shop. They now inform me that I should first get the starter plug replaced (845$ - parts and labor) so they can diagnose further as to why the EPC light is on. I don't know what else they are going to come up with tomorrow and the mere thought scares me. So much for a premium car. The car wouldn't even last 50K miles without an issue though I have been getting it serviced on time with Audi service center only. What are my options to pursue further with the Audi care team?

Audi Company Information