Get peace of Mind

Be comforted knowing that your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend My Warranty
1.59/5

Get peace of Mind

Be comforted knowing that your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend My Warranty

580 Audi Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

I initially bought an Audi because of their quality and excellent engineering. However, I don't believe I will ever purchase another automobile from this manufacturer again. At 60000 miles my MMI system experienced a complete failure. The Navigation display would not come up, the radio wouldn't work, the navigation system completely failed. I took the car to the dealer here in Denver and was told the 5F MMI component would have to be replaced. Cost of the part $2200, $400 for labor. To say the least this is outrageous. Needless to say I am done with Audi, they are obviously not the reliable luxury cars I thought they were. Save your money! Don't patronize.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

Audi A4- an 8 year, 97,000 mile, disposable car. I purchased a CPO 2010 Audi A4 in 2013 with low mileage from Tom Williams Audi in Birmingham Alabama. Since purchase, I have always had it serviced at Jack Ingram Audi in Montgomery, Alabama. Since owning it I have had two major engine issues and the last one has caused it to be a "throw away car". Immediately upon purchase, with about 22,000 miles the car was burning a lot of oil and after continual visits to Audi for over a year, they informed me of the excessive oil consumption recall and it did not pass the "excessive oil consumption test". Under warranty, the car underwent the #2 engine rebuild around 2014-2015 at about 35,000 miles.

After that repair, everything seemed fine until October 2018, when the car began shaking and the engine light went on. I brought it to Audi and they said it was a fouled spark plug. However, 30 days later, with 97,000 miles, the car began shaking again but this time the engine light came on and was flashing and the car would not drive. I had it flat-bedded to Audi, where I was told there is an extended timing chain/tensioner warranty, so not to worry. Audi paid to replace the timing chain/tensioner but I was told I needed a "valve job" for 4100.00, because of damage to the engine when the timing chain failed. I was told because of a pending class action lawsuit that Audi would pay on a sliding scale which would be 25% for my year and mileage. That would leave $3400.00 cost to me for a car with a $4000.00 trade in value.

Although being shocked about all this, I approved the work because I was not in a position to buy a new car, especially with $0 trade in money. However, I get another call today, telling me that there is more bad news, that at least two of the pistons had bent and there is something possibly cracked and I need a "long block" (ie new engine) for $11,000 of which Audi will pay 25% to repair due to the class action timing chain litigation. It makes no financial sense to spend $8250.00 (75% of the 11,000) for a car with a 4000 value. However, if I don't repair it, Audi owes me 0 for the total loss of my car that was working fine until the timing chain failed.

So at 8 years and 97,000 miles, this Audi A4, luxury car is a throw away car. Audi should have had to cover the engine damage caused by the faulty chain. This is the lions share of the repair cost. I feel Audi should owe me the full trade in value of the car because it broke as a result of the timing chain which they admit was faulty. Audi customer service was curt and told me to file with the class action suit when I asked if they would consider paying anything additional (this was several days before the "fairness hearing" was held on December 12). I would never advise anyone buy an Audi after this experience.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

I bought an A4 a year and a half ago used but in incredible condition. Now for my confusing part. The car starts to idle rough, push the turn off button and keeps running for a few seconds. The engine light appears the next day. Ran code and came up timing. I then read it been quite the problem it seems. People having catastrophic engine failure at worst. I then see Audi has been sued.

I contact the lawyer firm representing the plaintiffs (on the tensioner failure) and was sent a form because my Audi was one of the models affected. Was told as long as I bring it to an authorized Audi dealership it would be covered 100% and if brought to an independent repair shop $1500 would be covered. Well I called the only dealer near me 50 miles away and was told, "Yes we are aware of the extended warranty and yes Audi will cover it." Okay great!!! Had the car flat bedded there. Got a call they received my car. Great then a service advisor called and said it would be a few days to a week to repair. I was told it a 10 hour job. I said okay.

Then a few days later I called back because I had a question. The service advisor told me, "I was just about to write you an email. I have some bad news. Audi will only cover 25% of the repair and need maintenance records." What!!!! What happened to you know all about the extended warranty and look forward to seeing your car. I said as far as the maintenance records they are all listed on Carfax. Was told they can't use that. (Why? Extended warranty companies use them along with Edmunds.) I don't know. Like I said I'm confused completely. It's been over a week and haven't heard a word back from anyone. I will say for the record the employees I did talk to were very polite but polite doesn't answer why I haven't heard back about the status.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

I brought a new Audi A4 in 2013 and it has less than 50K miles on it as of today. Last year in June, the car doesn't accelerate and starts shaking while moving. I had to get it towed to the service shop where and after 3-4 days of tests, they informed me that they would need to fix the engine which would cost anywhere from 5-8K. Given that it was out of warranty, they expected me to bear the costs. It was ridiculous to even think that a premium car like Audi runs into such issues with less than 40K miles (at that time) and that they talk about warranty. It was really shameful and after several calls and discussions, they fixed the issue. However the fear of recurrence has always stayed and I have not been confident to take it for any long drives.

And I got it serviced 3-4 months ago (450$ bill) and was praying that it continues to work fine. And again yesterday the car wouldn't start. The EPC lights turn on and again I had to get the car towed to the servicing shop. They now inform me that I should first get the starter plug replaced (845$ - parts and labor) so they can diagnose further as to why the EPC light is on. I don't know what else they are going to come up with tomorrow and the mere thought scares me. So much for a premium car. The car wouldn't even last 50K miles without an issue though I have been getting it serviced on time with Audi service center only. What are my options to pursue further with the Audi care team?

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

The car will shut down, Windows roll up, seat belt tighten by itself when driving, There is no object in front or rear, When the happen the parking sensor will come on as well, this already happen to me three times already. Dealer shop test the car half day after the second time happen to me but nothing be found. They spent two weeks 800 hours drive test after it happen to me on the third time but still can not found the problems. They return the car and suggestion me to drive careful and make video or take picture when it happens again. How can I video it?

I did report to the Audi Canada November 26, 2018 but the suggestion was same thing. I driving the deluxe car daily not enjoin but under risk. My family member refuse with me if I drive on the high ways. I heard somebody had same problems too. Be careful the Audi Q7!!! Help me to found any better suggestion or solution please. AUDI Q7 3.0 QUATTRO WA1WAAF70HD020247.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Audi?

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

I have a 2012 Audi A4 2.0. 80K miles. Last week without any prior symptoms my engine light goes on. I drive a few miles home the next day. My car will not start. I take it to dealer for diagnosis, dealer tells me the timing chain tensioner failed and timing jumped causing major damage to engine. Repair cost or new engine is estimated between six and fourteen thousand dollars. This is a known issue from Audi and there is a class action lawsuit for same issue. Looking for Audi USA to see if they can assist. Anyone had same issue or experience with Audi USA? Any recommendations.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

I lease an Audi A3, 2018. Within 11 months the car starts to lose power, while driving the car would be going 65 miles then randomly drops to 5 miles then starts back up, in 20-30 seconds. Went to Audi with the problem. They can’t find the problem or mimic the problem so they have the car back. It did it again while driving on the highway??? The car lost power and the driver behind me, switch lane to avoid me and ran into another car. I brought the car to Audi for over 5 months, and nothing can’t be resolved. Spoke to Audi of America, spoke to Terice and she was trying to help me, then she told me the same thing Audi tells their customer, "The problem can’t be mimic," so they can’t do anything about it. This is one of my worst experience with a Auto Company and I will get my lawyers involve.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

I purchased a brand new Q5 in 2011, put down a nice $50,000, expected a drive that will perform as a luxury car and last as so BUT... The car consume oil like crazy, from day one I have to add oil on a weekly basis. Audi tested the car and said "it’s normal". Yet I have 4 other cars some are even older than my Q5 but none of them need any oil in between services. After 109,000 miles the car needs 1.8 quarts of oil each 1000 miles - DO you know any car that performs as such? I don't. Luxury car that lasts 100,000 miles? Think carefully BEFORE you buy AUDI!!!

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

I continue to search for an affordable solution for my once beautiful Audi A4 under 100k miles as of today. The topcoat split open and the entire car looks like a jigsaw puzzle. Audi offers no help; no solution. The fix for me would be circa $1K. What could that possible mean to a rich organization like Audi. For me, however, because I'm now retired, it's not an option. If you're buying a pretty auto for the long haul, skip Audi... it peels.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

Purchased a new 2018 Audi Q7 in Newton New Jersey. During an inspection at another Audi dealer discovered that the car had a previous issue and it had been repaired. This is a new car! The car had a short that melted the wiring and harness as well as hose and covers leading back to the alternator. The repair was not done to Audi Specifications nor was it noted in any service documents. This is a new car? What happened? Who fixed it? It looked like some backyard mechanic did the work. Why was it not noted in a service record and why was it not disclosed to me. We would never have purchased this car. The second Audi dealer was so concerned they took photos of the damage and forwarded them to Audi USA.

In addition it has been 60 plus days and we have no license plates or registration for the vehicle. The temporary permit expired 3 days ago and the dealer has not sent the plates. The dealer sent us a letter to offer to the Police asking for them to be patient as our plates are delayed. Can you believe this? All this has been reported to Audi USA. We were told this would be taken care of and we would get a new vehicle. We were told not to drive the car as is. "How could we as we have no plates?"

Forward 5 business days and still nothing. I have rented a car and have taken legal action and filed a complaint with the New Jersey Attorney General’s office. Audi Newton defrauded us and worse has not provided the required license or registration. Audi USA has done nothing to remedy this unbelievable experience and now we are forced to take legal action. A 60 thousand dollar car purchase that cannot be driven. Stay away from Audi and Audi Newton NJ USA.

Audi Company Information