3.65/5

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Audi

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Audi Reviews

Original review: Oct. 11, 2019

I am leasing a Audi A7. I love it. BUT recently I had a 2019 loaner and they redesigned the shift and it’s flat out dangerous. They made the park a button in the soft. So when you naturally move your shift to “park” it’s now reverse. I didn’t know this on the loaner. Upon putting it in “park” I almost hit someone because it was actually reverse and I was going about my business of gathering my purse and water bottle.

They should make the first gear neutral then reverse then drive. It just doesn’t make sense to me. Yes you can get used to it but when your husband or kids borrow the car and aren’t used to it...it can be dangerous. So I am very likely not getting another Audi as this shift design is permanent. Now...I love my 2018 with the old shift. It’s comfy and rideable like a dream. She is beautiful and I get lots of compliments daily. Technology is amazing. If they change the shift design when my lease is up I would likely lease another. I have had great service and the dealership is beautiful with great amenities.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2019

I have a new 2019 Audi Q5, Prestige trim level, that comes with Active Lane Assist that will steer the car to the center of the road if you accidentally go over the line. There is an accompanying control that issues a loud DING and dash warning if the car thinks you are driving without hands on the wheel. The problem is that on straight roads, with hands on the wheel, I get frequent false alerts. Audi has implemented this by detecting if no input is sensed on the wheel for 15 seconds, it assumes no hands on the wheel and issues the alert. Driving me crazy! Don't buy this trim level. Waste of money and Audi just says the car is working to specifications, though other of their cars do not do this.

Get expert buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2019

Audi ULTRA S-TRNC Gearbox FAILS weeks out of warranty on 38 month old A6. Bought an AUDI A6 Ultra S-TRNC July 2016. Have full service history with Audi. Approved garages spending over £35k, out of the blue Friday 2/09/19 heard a strange whining noise from the engine. Took it into Audi Stirling who advised Gearbox pump had failed and resulted in gearbox damage, it will cost £9117.60 to fix, neither the dealership I bought it from Audi Stirling or Audi UK all the way up to the Managing Director were interested and refused to help me. Just kept saying out of warranty. Their aftercare is appalling and when you investigate the Gearbox online the internet is littered with Ultra S-TRNC fails with no help from AUDI. Not even a warning light on the dashboard lights up no warning at all. Today I have written to WATCHDOG and to 2 national papers. Not what you expect from a leading car manufacturer!!!!

Original review: Sept. 24, 2019

We purchased a Pre-Owned Audi Q5 from Audi-West Chester, PA that was burning a quart of oil per month by 30,000 miles. I notified the salesman and manager the same day of purchase that the "add oil" message had appeared on the way home. From that point on neither would return my calls or emails and were always in meetings when I showed up. By 70,000 we were burning a quart each week! All along we were told by Audi West Chester that this was normal for any 2.0T.

Recently I scheduled an Oil Consumption Test to be done at another dealer that I have dealt with, Mechanicsburg PA which was a nightmare of a process. This dealer confirmed numerous times over the past 2 years that burning oil was normal while I was in for other service. When I returned to conclude the oil test I was told the engine was burning 3 quarts of oil per 1,000 miles and Audi would probably cover 75% of the repairs, but before they could submit a claim I would have to pay $289 for another engine test.

Yesterday, I received a call saying Audi agreed to pay 25% of a $5,000 repair due to high mileage. The fact that I had written documentation of the problem existing at 30,000 miles made no difference. No part of this warrants the premium price paid for these vehicles. I hope the 2009-2011 2.0T class action law suit gets extended, then all 3 of my Audi vehicles would be involved in class actions. What a great company. Seeing Audi reduced the factory warranty after moving production to Mexico tells me Audi dealers know they must put on a good show in the sales department and then add some smoke and mirrors to rake in the cash for service. Great business model.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2019

I leased a car with Audi in Dec of 2015 and prepaid my taxes. In May of 2017, the car was stolen. There were injuries to the driver. Audi came back to me in 2019 trying to collect property taxes again. At no time did Audi attempt to make the situation better nor did they even discount the second lease. They also failed to turn in the car as stolen in 2017 with the assessment. And then they turned me over to a collection agency after coming forward two years later.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Audi?

Original review: July 29, 2019

I had the Lexus 430 and 450. Best cars I ever had owned. In 2012 I made a switch to the Audi A8L and had nothing but issues for 3 years. Called the corporate office and they offered me a large credit to switch to a 2015 Audi 8L. No difference with this car as it has been nothing but a lemon with constant issues. Now it is in the shop as the car turned off with driving on the road. (I had the same issue with the 2012 Audi A8.) Sam **

Original review: July 27, 2019

I wish I could rate my service at ZERO stars. In brief, returned to my car at end of work day and battery was dead. Called AAA and quickly started it with a jump. Drive for 30 minutes and picked up my dog. Got back in car and battery dead again. Friendly stranger provided a jump. Started up quickly. Drove home and parked. Lights and radio automatically turned off as usual. Locked. Scheduled Audi roadside assistance for a.m. and appt at dealership. Car was again quickly jumped and started. Drive 30 minutes and dropped off at RVA Audi dealership. Got new battery but was told not covered by warranty because power left on.

Pray tell how that is possible when radio AND lights are automatic???? And, even if this lie were true, the battery, if properly functioning, would be jump started, and would then be good to go. This is yet another attempt by Audi to evade responsibility for warranty coverage. 2nd time in the short 8 months I have had this car! So disappointed in how unethical this company has become. #lastaudiforthisgal

Original review: July 26, 2019

The vehicle has never missed a service and yet it has had issues since the very first week it was purchased new from Audi Centre Perth in May 2010 for just over $100,000.00. See the History of excess oil consumption which is ongoing, gearbox malfunction at 62,000km, and now the catastrophic engine failure at 102,000km, due to the faulty timing chain tensioner.

The most disappointing thing of all is that once you actually begin to investigate these issues it is very clear to see that Audi were well aware of these issues all along. In fact, only after legal action in the USA, they agreed to rectify these issues at no cost to owners. The oil issue is covered for an extended 8 years or 88,000 miles for 3 options of rectification, and the engine failure due to the faulty timing chain tensioner is covered for 10 years or 100,000 miles with a replacement of the engine.

However by far the worst part that I find completely outrageous is the fact that there was a recall in the USA of all vehicles with this engine type to replace the faulty Timing Chain tensioner due to the significant number of engines having to be replaced, yet Audi Australia failed to even advise owners of the high probability of a catastrophic engine failure. The lack of disclosure to Australian owners denied them and me the option of even paying for a replacement tensioner, at a much smaller cost, and prevent what appears to be the inevitable engine failure and the significant cost to rectify that. The exact situation that I find myself in now.

The failure of Audi Australia and the Audi Service Centre to inform me at any stage that there was a known defect in the timing chain tensioner, and advise me that it would be wise to replace it at a small cost now, rather than be left with an enormous unexpected cost down the track. The cost is one thing however the absolute inconvenience of the vehicle being off the road for 3 weeks now, combined with having to hire a car and not being offered a loan car after 3 weeks, is also unacceptable.

Original review: July 22, 2019

Has to be one of the worse car manufacturers on the planet. Bought a 2010 Q5 from an Audi dealer. Dealers claim they inspect the vehicle. Have had it now for a year and a half. Put 7k miles on it. I have already spent around $5k in repairs and it is in the shop again with the dealer saying the engine needs replaced for another $11k. I now have to spend another $5k to pay it off and not have a car. Engine currently has less that 70k on it. I will never purchase another Audi/VW product in my life.

Original review: June 26, 2019

Like many on here (including Javier - Dec 5, 2018), my Audi was expensive to maintain. I bought it new in 2010 and immediately it used to much oil. After many arguments with the local dealer (near Chicago), they finally got Audi America to cover the cost of fixing the issue (a piston ring issue they kept quiet). Somewhere north of 50k miles, the turbo went. Again, I had to press the local dealer and Audi was quietly fixing another issue they knew they had so they replaced the turbo. Then at 93k, my car would not start while out running local errands. I had to have it towed to an independent garage that works on Audi within the radius covered by my insurance road side assistance.

This was a weekend but on Monday they called with the bad news that the tensioner on the timing chain went and damaged the valves. Their solution was to replace the engine with a used one, so I got the local Audi dealer involved. They said it was covered, so I spent $115 to have it towed to the dealer. I found out later this was part of a class action suit and the dealer wanted 8800 to replace the engine head. Audi said my warranty was voided, even though I did all my maintenance (65k, 75k,85k, etc) because I fell outside the time limit to do the maintenance (i.e. every 12 months), even though I drive few miles since retirement.

I donated the car to charity and wrote a letter to the CEO of Volkswagen America, who used to be the President of Audi America. In all my years of driving and all of the cars/makes I have owned (many well over 100k), never have I had a timing belt/chain issue. Do yourself a favor and buy something other than an Audi or you do want an Audi, either lease it or trade it off before it is too old and you experience the heavy maintenance cost of owning these vehicles.

Audi Company Information