3.4/5 (1735 ratings)
Shop Now  on Carvana

About Audi

Audi Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Audi?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Audi?

Original review: March 24, 2022

I would caution anyone against purchasing a new or used Audi solely based on their horrendous customer service and deceptive service practices. I purchased a new 2017 Audi Q7 and almost immediately notice an obnoxious squealing noise from the front brakes, especially when they were cold. On multiple occasions I mentioned this to my service advisor at Bluegrass Audi when I was having work done on the vehicle. I was consistently told that the noise was normal and was just due to the nature of the brake pads. I recently received a notice of a Class Action Settlement, “Mercado v Volkswagen Group…: that specifically addressed this very issue and I have also learned that there were several Technical Service Bulletins (2050735/1) issued in early 2018 by Audi that addressed this issue and specifically how service departments should fix the issue.

Unfortunately, my service department never addressed this issue and I am apparently stuck dealing with the obnoxious squealing. I contacted Audi USA to see what could be done and was told they could not offer any assistance and my only option would be to take legal action on my own. This is tremendously disappointing for a company that holds itself out as consumer focused.

Get buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2022

Bought my first Audi 3 weeks ago. First day I couldn’t log in to access my car. I called customer service and email them numerous times and no one has been able to fix or provide status. Audi has the worst customer service in the world, DO NOT BUY an Audi.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2022

Audi is a terrible company to lease a car from in my opinion. There isn’t an employee there that I would say is customer friendly. I have owned 11 BMW’s and for once tried Audi. Big mistake! Terrible company. I own a Range Rover now and still wish I stayed with BMW.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2022

I have leased 6 Audi's. I purchased my lease 2018 A4 in September, 2020. Audi will not upgrade vehicle to 4G mobile network. local Audi dealership quotes price of $650.00 to upgrade vehicle to 4G. I requested Audi help with half cost $325.00 to the upgrade. Audi, refused. This is how Audi treats a loyal Audi customer. I live the Audi vehicles, but I will never lease or purchase another Audi.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2021

I leased my Audi Q5 on February 2021. For the last month and a half my car has been at the dealership 3 times due to it not starting consistently. Several alarm lights also showed upon the dash along with the engine light. Due to all of this I did not feel confident driving, so I notified the person who took care of my lease. This has been the worst customer service I have received in a dealership. Both Audi headquarters and the dealership neglected to do anything to remedy the situation. The only thing they offered was to attempt to sell me another car which of course, entails paying more money.

On top of that in order to end the lease early I was being asked to pay more money as if I had caused the problem in the first place. Audi did not attempt to compensate me for all of the issues that popped up nor did they help me to lend a car as I awarded results. Absolute worst dealership and worst customer service (Audi South Orlando). Completely washed their hands and tried to shift the burden onto me. Very careless and neglectful. Don’t waste your time and your money with Audi.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2021

Purchased 2020 Q7 for over 80K. Sever safety issues began around 1000 miles. Vehicle would abruptly stop on the highway. Had truck for 8 months, 5 of those months spent in service. After 3 conversations with their corporate services who kept telling me they were reviewing my file and get back to me in a couple of days, which never happen. They would call me back after a month. This happened 3X while my Vehicle stayed in service.

Finally I hired a lemon law attorney. Audi quickly settled but why they not simply by my car back. Instead, their neglect cost them a loyal customer who has purchased 4 Audi. We got our money back due to the lawsuit and bought a Mercedes. Audi could have simply taken the vehicle back and put us in a new Q7 but instead chose to ignore our safety concerns. Not only did they lose our loyalty but lost a customer to a competitor. I was also ready to trade in my Audi A7 but now would never consider an Audi and hopefully people read this review and think twice before they think about purchasing an Audi.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2021

I purchased a used Audi A3 for my teenager about 2 years ago. My daughter now attends a university about 1 1/2 hr away from home. She called me one evening and told me that the engine light came on and the car had slowed down. Luckily, she was 5 minutes from her apartment and close to an auto shop. When she parked the car, all of the oil leaked out. I had to pay for a replacement engine because there was internal damage and a hole in the oil pan. There were NO warning signs before this situation and the Audi dealership had just performed a multi inspection, but found no issues. I am so happy that my daughter was not on the road! I never had these issues with Mercedes.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2021

I've been purchasing Audi vehicles for the last fifteen years; primarily A6 Supercharged vehicles. Last March, I traded-in my 2016 A6 Prestige Supercharged for the 2021 A6 Prestige 55. From day one there have been issues. There has been nonstop rattling from the dash. The trunk opens without touching the button on the remote or truck latch door. Other times, when pressing the button on the trunk handle, the trunk won't open at all. I would have to take the key fob out of my pocket and press the button in order for the trunk door to open. That defeats the purpose of having the trunk door button on the trunk. This is another flaw of all 2019 and newer models. Numerous times when closing the trunk, we walk away and the trunk opens again without us touching anything!

Same with the doors. Numerous times, we are unable to open the doors by placing our hand behind the door handle when the key fob is in our pocket. We have to take the key fob out of our pocket for the door handle to work. The dash rattle has been addressed numerous times, but never fixed. It's a horrible design flaw. No matter what the dealership attempts, it won't fix the poor design flaw. The bottom screen went out three times since purchasing the vehicle. The first time within two weeks of the purchase. Stay away from Audi vehicles from 2019 to current. Too many design flaws.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2021

My wife leased a brand new Audi Q3, after the first month the breaks were grinding and squeaking, took it in and they said they were fine, 2 months later same thing and they said they were fine but also that Audi has high performance brakes and this is normal!!! Actually gave us a pamphlet to prove it!! I took it to a different dealer who said they would have Audi look into it, brought it in and got the same response. I took the service manager out and test drove 4 other Q3's, (the loaner we got all the time did not have this issue) and 1 other had the same grinding issue. They say there is nothing they can do. One guy actually told me to go 40MPH and slam on the brakes a few times!!! LAST AUDI EVER.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2021

Buyer Beware!!! These cars have transmissions and clutch issues!!! I purchased a 2021 brand new off the lot with only 6 miles and 5 months later I started having transmission issues barely escaping off the highway alive when the car decided to shut down on me. The engine light came on stating that I had transmission failure and it completely shut off after I barely made it off onto the ramp, luckily I was near an exit, otherwise it would have shut down on the highway. People please read up on Audi’s and their transmission issues before purchasing!!! Because the dealership will be of no service to you once the car starts to fail, they are in the business of making money!!!

Audi Company Information