2.29/5
Based on 88 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Audi

Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Jan. 19, 2018

519 Audi Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

I save my hard earn money for 5 years to be able to put a down payment on my Dream 2017 Audi Q7... I was so excited. I dotted all my i's and crossed all my t’s just to end up with a Lemon. :( I did research on my Audi truck before purchasing it and when the time came as a single mother I was so excited to finally for the 1st time purchase me a brand new truck with only 3 miles on it...

This new Truck quickly went from Dream truck to nightmare truck. :( About a month after I bought my new truck I was hearing a squeak from my breaks. I immediately called the dealership and they told me that was Audi new braking system and with a lil more wear & tear on my truck it would go away. But it never did. :( 3 months later I took my truck to Audi dealership because the squeak From my breaks got louder to the point when I leave for work @5 am my Neighbors could hear me which was so embarrassing as a 1st time new proud car owner... (I’ve had 5 used vehicles in my life all which were a piece of crap always need’n work... I thought my dream Audi truck would be different.)

So when I took my truck to Audi they acknowledged that they can hear what I'm hearing But at this time there’s nothing that could be done because their system is not showing nothing mechanical is wrong with my truck. So I’m like, "You hear this loud ** noise But you're gonna stand here in my face and tell me nothing can be done at this time to keep putting wear and tear on my new Q7 and it will go away?" And Audi was like "YES".

On another occasions I called and complain that the noise is even louder and someone in the service department told me the next time I drive my 2017 Audi Q7 put some speed behind driving then hit breaks real hard and that should fix the problem. "Uhhh," I said, "that don’t seem safe." I was pissed and felt like I had been had by this premiums upscale car company. So I call corporate and again to my surprise They ask me, "What did the dealership say when you took it in?" And in so many words the lady says, "We can’t do nothing about your truck unless the dealership says it’s a problem." I couldn't believe my ears. I was so hurt. I felt like I was dealing with a slick talking used car salesman.

So my complaints and taking my trucks back to different Audis hoping to get this problem fix went on till right now as I write this complaint. And I have yet to still get anyone at Audi to do anything to fix my problem. It's like I NEVER had a brand new vehicle because from the beginning It was a problem... My prayer is that someone learn from my mistake in putting your trust in where I bought my brand new 2017 Audi Q7 and where I’ve communicate with them about this noise on numerous occasions. Audi Financial located 2490 Skokie Valley Rd Highland Pk, IL 60035. I’ve also complained and Have taking my Truck on a few occasions to Audi Orland Pk 8021 159tg St Tinely Pk, Il 60477.

As a single mother you hear all the time about how salesmen and dealerships take advantage of women and I do feel like that’s what's happening to me. When I’ve spoken to my Pastor, friends or co-workers about this issue I'm having with my truck everyone is shock that Audi is treating me and my truck situation like they Have over this year. My Pastor told me, "It’s not that something went wrong with your vehicle. That’s the big thing. It’s how you're being treated about the whole thing... with no respect or not standing behind Audi name." I will continue to write letters & complain about Audi till someone Listens and helps me... Thank you for your time.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2017

I would love to share my THE MOST HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE EVER!!! Of buying the car! I bought a new AUDI Q3 2018 from Audi North Miami Beach! A month ago! I always wanted Audi and was focused on that model for a long time before. So finally I collected my last funds and went to the Dealership! First and foremost from the minute I came to the dealership my experience was completely disappointed! First of all the personnel are non-educated and absolutely lost in knowing their product at all! But the most horrible was that in 3 weeks after buying the car I went to pick up my registration sticker to the Dealer. I parked my brand new car Q3 in the parking spot of the Dealer. In 15 minutes after when I came picked it up and got back to the car I was sooo negative surprised that my amazing brand new car was crashed! Right on the Audi parking spot!

Of course I was claimed that fact... They tried to cover that fact! I was remembering that and the next day after I called Dealership and let them know that my car was crushed on their territory! Manager was completely indifferent of helping me to solve that issue! He was aggressive and try to defend himself. Now that car will be in the Carfax! And not by my fault at all! I hope I can prevent many people. Do not have any BUSINESS with awful!!! Dealership in the world ever! I would NEVER EVER!!! RECOMMEND NO ONE TO BUY THE CAR FROM THIS DEALERSHIP! BE AWARE PEOPLE!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

I bought a brand new 2018 Audi Q5 thinking it as my "dream car". It brought such a dismay & disappointment within a few days of buying with lots of problems popping up every day. Problems seen and fixed: 1. There was this squeaking noise from the back: Fixed after two visits and I had show them where the problem was happening. 2. The backlights not working. SUV in the garage currently to address this problem as on 12/06/2017. 3. Window regulator gone bad. Replaced and FIXED it. 4. Auto sense start & stop feature not working if the AC is ON. - Still not fixed as on 12/06/2017. SUV is with the dealers regarding this issue. 5. Numerous minute scratches all over the car the day it was bought. I was so disheartened seeing the scratches.

All these complaint were taken to the dealer & The Audi North America too. After explaining the problems the service providers were not able to even figure out the problems. I had to go twice to explain them over & over. The dealers are still trying to figure out the solutions for some issues. I have already visited the dealer at least 6-7 times & right now my car is still in the garage since 2 weeks. The Audi USA are of no help. They took 2 months to respond to my case & said that the dealer would take care of it.

And the car is still in the garage as I write this review. My Only question after buying brand new car are: 1. Why should I undergo this mess and waste of time/energy after buying a BRAND NEW CAR. 2. How come AUDI has not done any quality control before delivering the car. 3. How can they deliver a car like this to the customers and then have the customer go over this pain, distress and frustration. 4. Why should I visit dealers again and again to leave the BRAND NEW SUV for repairs after paying full price to buy the vehicle.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2017

2012 Audi S4 with NGY transmission (TSB issued by Audi). Vehicle has 69,000 miles. Driving in morning traffic and vehicle stops accelerating and all electronics go dead. Sitting in the middle of the freeway trying to get vehicle functioning. Restart it and vehicle flashes gearbox malfunction and stops accelerating about every mile. Not a fun experience on an LA freeway. Audi dealer says it needs a new transmission for $12,000. After the third call to Audi USA and being read the same canned speech the person tells me that it’s my problem and Audi will do nothing to help fix the car. I ask to speak to a manager and I’m told they do not participate in customer direct communications and they will not change the final decision.

My conclusion is that Audi could care less about their customers and their cars are just plain junk. They look and drive nice but are complete electronic and mechanical disasters. This car and my 2012 A6 will be traded in and Audi can plan on me. Doing everything I can to spread the word about their poor customer service and poor quality.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2017

I bought an Audi Q3 and the dealer offered me a 3 years leasing with full prepayment, conditioned to monthly account each payment prepaid. This is not happening and after talk 3 times to dealer, talk to Audi Customer Finance and AUDI USA, they send me one to another one and no solution. I need them to change the way they did the accounting, considering my debt fully paid. Instead, they should account as prepayment and deduct monthly from my debt.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Audi?

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

I leased an Audi A6 and just from the first day the car trembles heavily when I turned it on, and also at low speed it accelerates erratically, took it to the dealer at North Miami and they check the car and states that the car perform like similar vehicles of his class. My second complaint is that braking in high speed is poorly responsive and apparently the brakes are also fine. Called Audi Financial services and if I want to transfer my lease my name have to stay in the lease. I really have to accept I made a huge mistake to switch from my BMW to Audi.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

We had an Audi years ago and wanted to have another one. The Q7 fit our needs. However, it has been a terrible experience. The brakes will not stop squeaking and the dealer says they have relayed the problem to Audi but nothing gets done. 80% of the people who own this car are complaining according to the dealer. The squeaking is so loud that you are embarrassed to drive the car when anyone can hear. It is awful. Please do NOT buy this car. Audi, please listen to your customers. I will stop people on the street and tell everyone not to buy this car.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

I first purchased this vehicle in December 2016. After having the vehicle for a couple of days we noticed that the car jolts forward on the initial start daily. This is a rather aggressive jolt and is not unnoticeable. We contacted the dealership immediately and they stated that it was likely because it was cold outside. Of course come spring the issue remains and we take the vehicle in for service. The dealership claimed to have re-calibrated the transmission and sent the car home. There was no change and the issue remained. Long story short they eventually replaced the transmission and yet the problem remains. The dealership is stumped and claim that they have switched the parts with another Q5 and it also has the issue so the problem is now common to most Q5's so there is nothing wrong with the vehicle and I should come pick it up. Unsatisfied with this response I met with the sales guy who originally sold the vehicle.

There is now depreciation on the vehicle and I would be at a loss of $12,000 if I opted to trade the car in. I contacted Audi Canada who "investigated" the complaint and are now siding with the dealership that this is common with Q5's. There is nothing to be done!! I could of course contact another dealership to see if they had other suggestions... huh?? This is of course after Audi Canada has spent almost $20,000 to "repair" the problem. One would think that they would have all known it was a common problem before spending all this time and money. Be forewarned anyone looking to purchase a Q5 - this is a common issue that can't be rectified so if you don't enjoy a sudden jolt each day you start your car you might want to stay clear of this purchase.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2017

I have a 2015 Audi A5, with 26400 miles on it. I purchased the car with 11,000 miles on it in April. I began experiencing a LOUD brake squeaking 2 weeks ago. It squeaks when I lightly apply the brakes. The service department at Audi told me that the brake pads only had 10% wear so it's Not the Pads. They then told me that I would need to drive about 60 mph or FASTER, then apply the brakes... I am NOT going to try this dangerous and potentially deadly act.

I think that there is a design issue that must be addressed. I have owned probably 12 cars in my life and NEVER has this happened with no answer. The lemon law in Illinois is quite clear and I actually received a new car because of this law. I am sure there are other owners that has the same issues... We must start writing to Audi and people who can help... This must get resolved. I'm ready to drive the car to the dealer and leave it there until it's resolved. I know that this is a "non warranty" issue but there is an obvious defect.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2017

After having my rear passenger door repaired about a month ago, I find that now the front passenger door does not electronically lock on my 2009 A4 3.2. I regret buying an Audi, it is my last Audi, maybe last German car.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

I own a 2013 Audi A6. It came with a 4 year 57,000 mile warranty. My car was perfectly maintained. The engine blew up (ring failed, destroying the block). The car had only 39,000 miles. You would think no problem... Wrong. The warranty had expired by 9 months. So Audi wanted to charge me $10,000 for a new motor. I went through the roof. They then offered to pay half if I bought a $3700 extended warranty (a wash), I said, "See you in court." I called corporate and they said if I didnt take the offer they would rescind it. A not so subtle threat. They came back and said, half price and no warranty. Reluctantly I agreed. The way I was treated by the dealership and the company, it’s obvious that Audi does not stand by its product. I highly recommend that any consumer stay away from Audi product. Bad company.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

Bought this car brand new. I only had one issue during the 120K miles on it. Audi replaced the water pump at a oil change visit and then gave me extended coverage at no charge. (What Auto company does that?) The brakes do need to be replaced about every 25-30k miles. Routine maintenance is not terribly expensive. The car I replaced this car with is a Porsche Macan. I love the drive of the Macan but routine maintenance is very expensive. Spark plugs at 30K. Drain transmission at 40K. Plan on at least 1K per visit. The Audi was very dependable and a great car. My wife bought a 2018 S5 Sportback that is so much fun to drive. This is a great car company and look forward to visiting their manufacturing plant in Germany!!

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

Purchased Audi Q7 2017 from Farmington Dealer. Around 600 miles, I was hearing lot of noise from the passenger side wheel. Had gone to the dealer about the noise and they said since it was new and they did a visual inspection, Later this continued several occasions. Finally at 5000 miles, they asked me to go for a long drive, which I did, at 9000 miles. They said it is the problem with the tires and they need to be replaced, so had contacted the dealer and German Audi. Instead of replacing the tires they offered to replace 2 tires and rest two tires I have to pay from my pocket. I sent some emails to Audi of Germany but they fell into deaf ears. This shows their excellence in Testing and launching the vehicle. I am selling my Audi q7 as I don't have any faith in the German engineering (Audi), also suggest not waste your valuable money on imported cars and be a American. I am going to file a case against Audi in Small claims court too.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

We purchased a new Audi A6 TDI in 2014. We have monitored all the court action but really just been waiting. Recently we took our car to Larson Audi in Fife for some service. The goodwill package that we had received but never activated "had expired". When we called Audi to request they reissue it they pretty much told us to get lost. We did not lie, cheat and rip off consumers but they treated us like criminals, it was horrible and embarrassing. This after we had spent nearly an hour on the phone and on hold and listening to all their recorded messages. I would never buy another Audi or Volkswagen product given how poorly we were and are being treated.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

I have a new 2017 Q7 Premium, 3500 miles. When pulling away from a stop sign or stop light, the engine pauses from time to time. So much so, that once in a while, it can be a safety hazard with oncoming traffic. Also, the GPS system works sometimes, and most of the time the routes are completely crazy, taking me 100's of miles out of the way of my destination. My car has been at the dealership for 5 days now, and they called yesterday to inform me that the pause is inherent to the vehicle, just get used to it! As for the GPS, corporate office knows it doesn't work, and they may or may not try and fix it?? So, this vehicle costs a pretty penny, but ain't worth it. I'm offering to leave it on their lot and walk away if I can have my money back??

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

BRAND NEW 2017 Q7 BRAKE NOISE AT 6500 MILES AND THEY CAN'T FIX IT. There are videos reviews and complaints all over the web on this same issue. All Audi USA states is they are working on a fix. How long does that go on for until they step up and fix the issue. They won't fix it because it will cost them too much. Every time I go to dealer service I get the same (it's normal). It is not normal to have a constant squeal from pads. Very disappointed that the brand would do this to their loyal customers. My emails and case numbers from Audi USA are long and continue to give me the runaround.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

On May 19th my five year old (under 69,000 miles) Audi A4 had a “piston failure” in which the piston came loose and eventually shattered the skirt. As a result, the engine needed to replaced. I was told by both the dealership and Audi USA that Audi never extends coverage and will not provide any warranty assistance (even in the case of potential negligence). The dealership initially refused to provide a loaner, however, after extending the expected completion of the repair four times, the dealership provided a loaner. They replaced the engine with a rebuilt-engine costing over $8,000 and completed the work on June 14th (26 days in the shop).

Beginning July 1st, the rebuilt engine began leaking oil around the camshaft valve cover. The dealership inspected the car and agreed to contact the company from which they purchased the rebuilt engine. They needed to get approval from the supplier before doing any repairs. In the meantime, they told me to continue driving the car. After I called the dealership four times for an update, the dealership informed me that they needed pictures. I emailed pictures to the dealership immediately. I called the dealership four more times for an update and on July 28th, I was told that I could bring the car in August 3rd. The dealership added a high temperature sealant to the valve cover and I picked up the car on August 4th. 34 days to get the oil leak fixed on the rebuilt engine and a total of 77 days from the initial engine failure.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

My daughter had a massive failure of her 2012 Audi Q5. Audi of America and Audi of Beaverton provided a level of service which was nowhere near Audi professions of excellence. Past positive experiences were outweighed by Audi's overwhelming unwillingness to acknowledge its problem. Audi Beaverton tried to address the problem, but, without consensus of Audi USA, was limited in what it could offer. Furthermore, Audi Beaverton gave conflicting information to us and Audi USA. In effect, Audi USA claimed that Audi Beaverton blamed my daughter, and Audi Beaverton said that Audi USA wouldn't address the problem.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2017

Very dissatisfied with the amount of rust on my 2006 Audi A3. It's unbelievable. I see many cars on the road many years older that don't have half the rust mine has accumulated. It's over 500 dollars just to buy the metal for the door. No glass, electric... Etc. It's a wonder if the metal was defective. Now I have an airbag recall. My seats as well have cracked and ripped. That started at 75000 miles.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2017

Five hours at the dealership to get the paperwork completed, 15 minutes of negotiations, and we were the only customers buying. The car (2016 Audi A4 quatro) is finished nicely, drives well at turnpike speeds, but in town it is AWFUL! Acceleration when needed is absolutely unreliable. Sometimes accelerates as needed, other times the engine does not increase above idle speed when power is really needed.

The dealer had the car for a couple of days and "could not duplicate my complaint". They then stated if this problem occurred it was my driving technique (my wife has the same problem of non-acceleration randomly). I tired of arguing with the dealer, and just accepted the fact we are stuck with this car for another 19 months when the lease expires. We are reluctant to drive the car, and after 17 months it has accumulated less than 9,000 miles. We had two Mercedes prior to this piece of garbage, had never leased a car before, and never owned an Audi. We will go back to Benz, will never lease again, and never again have dealings with Audi.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2017

I have a new 2016 Audi A6 with an eight year bumper to bumper warranty. The only warranty I did not get was for the exterior paint and leather seats. I am the only driver of this car and no longer have kids at home, so thought I didn't need it. Starting a few months ago the leather front seats began to warp and crinkle. Now the leather on the back seats are beginning to crinkle as well. The first time I took it into Plaza Audi in St. Louis the service department put conditioner on my leather in hopes it would fix the defect. Clearly it did not.

The second time, the new manager said clearly there's something wrong and he'd reach out to his Audi rep to determine how to get this repaired and he snapped a couple photos. Somehow Brad **, Audi's Midwest Rep has declared that my seat's defects are due to "outside influence." He can't say what that "outside influence" is or why fine leather seats buckled and crinkled on their new car. I was told my only remedy is Audi Customer Experience. After weeks of an "investigation" Joanna at Audi Customer Experience told me that no one in their department is a technician so they have to rely on what their Audi rep tells them. So, WHY is there a department that can essentially do nothing but repeat what their rep has told them? I took my car to another Audi service department. Experts there agreed I could not have caused this damage and they'd get back to me in a couple days.

Ah ha, but because Brad ** has already made a "ruling" on my car, NO OTHER AUDI SERVICE DEPARTMENT can question his "ruling". Then I contacted corporate communications. Just got another callback. Good grief, corporate communications circled me BACK to Audi Customer Experience who only repeated to me exactly what Brad **'s original ruling! Ronald ** at Audi Customer Experience repeated again that Audi blames ME for the manufacturer's defect on my leather seats. He would not let me tape the conversation. Ronald ** refused to give me the name of his boss. He says he's speaking for Audi worldwide and no one can help. I can pay for the new leather seats and Plaza Audi will kindly install them for free. I feel like I'm playing a board game that keeps sending me back to the same place with every move. Any suggestions?

Original review: July 30, 2017

Very long story but in summary, 2012 Audi Q5 has faulty timing chain tensioner (known issue) which causes catastrophic engine failure costing over $10,000.00 to fix. Audi dealership has been great trying to help but are obviously hindered by Audi America in assisting. Audi consumer affairs department literally chuckled when my wife was explaining the situation and said "things could always be worse" and would should "be thankful that they are helping at all". When we requested that the case be escalated, we were told we were at the highest level already and nothing else could be done. A real shame, we have two VW/Audi cars currently and have had many in our families over the years. If this is the end all be all decision in this matter... These will certainly be the last 2 VW products we will ever own. Very disappointing... The Q5 has been my wife's favorite car and my GTI has been my favorite... Could be the end of our loyalty to the brand.

Original review: July 26, 2017

Audi makes great vehicles that are fun to drive. Audi Financial Services is destroying that brand with Wells Fargo-like customer service. Audi Financial Services has wrongfully repossessed my vehicle and inflicted emotional pain on my family. We have kept our word and done everything we promised including making monthly payments and keeping up insurance and taxes and registrations.

We have leased and then purchased two luxury vehicles from Audi. We previously leased an Audi A6 and then purchased that vehicle at the end of the lease by signing paperwork and simply continuing to make payments until it was paid in full and transferred to us. At the end of our lease for our new Audi Q5 we received a letter and email informing us of the option to purchase the vehicle. We called Audi Financial Services in February of 2016 and the sales person outlined the terms of the buyout. After we agreed upon that he described an option to add an extended warranty for $50 extra. I agreed to this.

When I received the paperwork the next week the terms of the financing were exactly as agreed in the call, but the price for the warranty was $170/month. I tried to call Audi Financial services but was left on hold for stretches of 20 minutes or more. I took the action to simply mark out the additional extended warranty, which was a separate item, and signed the document agreeing to the finance payment for three years.

I returned that document to them and began making my normal monthly payments, most of them higher than the required amount as I was paying down the purchase price. I made them without interruption for 16 months. I never heard from Audi. I never received an email, phone call or letter. Occasionally I would receive service options from the dealership, but no other communication. On July 21st, 2017 while I was in San Diego on business (at Comic Con), our car was taken in the middle of the night from our 3 and a half acre property. Damage was done to the driveway in the process. My wife and children were asleep only feet away from armed repo men. The next day my wife called me in a panic, saying that we had been robbed. I had her call the police. She went to our neighbors asking if they had seen or heard anything and put the entire neighborhood on alert for thieves.

When the deputy sheriff came he said that it appeared to be consistent with repossession. This was the first point that we even thought to try again to talk to Audi. The sheriff noted that normally they would be notified that this action might take place and the owner of the vehicle would also have some notice so as not to be surprised and potentially end in shootings.

When I started calling from San Diego I was placed on hold multiple times for an hour each time. When I was finally able to speak to people at Audi Financial Services they seemed confused, noting that they did have my phone, email and address and saw my payments in the system. I was placed on hold three times while they tried to sort out the confusion on their end. One representative noted that the only reason for repossession was either non-payment of insurance or non-payment of the monthly payment. I assured her neither was the case.

After several hours I reached someone named Jasmine, who would not give her last name, who gave me the name of the repossession company who had taken the car. She said that the car had been “out for repossession for many months”. I asked why I had never been notified. She had no answer. The loyalty of fans I see at Comic Con should never be lavished on a company like Audi. Loathsome human beings.

Original review: July 20, 2017

Originally I had purchased my vehicle at Biener Audi. I purchased an S3 2017 Model. "Brand New" this vehicle came with approx. 70 miles on it. I found out that they transported it from Audi of Smithtown. I, then proceeded to take it to this location. One of my issues was the hood & the windshield. The hood is cracked (from a pebble most likely states a professional who I had examine it; "they touched it up & didn't allow it to dry long enough so it came off".) Audi of Smithtown has no reglect of this happening. Another issue is inside of my vehicle, the main console buttons are sticky-like. After going back and forth with Audi of Smithtown, they agreed to "take it off and look if it's warranty or not. They will take it off as a courtesy". They state sticky substance is inside. They won't do anything for me.

They ordered the part for me but are claiming I have to come out of MY pocket for $970 because they don't deem this as a warranty issue. Are you kidding me? This vehicle came in such horrible condition! My first Audi. To be exact my issues consisted of: Scratched up interior panels. Damaged hood/windshield from transportation. Abnormal creased seats "from getting in and out from test drives". My fiancé & I clearly knew that this vehicle had been sitting on a lot for a LONG time. It was so dirty after they finished "detailing" it. Back bumper deep scratches. Console buttons sticking, rough. Scratched up alternator ("cosmetic"). Front bumper full of dings (black spots). Dings on headlights/scratched up.

I'm VERY unhappy and UNSATISFIED with BOTH Audi of Smithtown and Biener Audi. This was the WORST experience I've ever had. I've opened up a case with "Audi of America" (corporate) and they've stated case has been escalated as high as possible. They won't do anything for me "it's up to the dealership to make it right". Please save yourself a headache. Dishonest dealerships terrible customer satisfaction. Biener's part: Some people involved were: Patrick ** (sales person). Service Manager (Stephen **). Sales Manager (Andrew). Audi of Smithtown. Service Advisor: Jessica **. Service Manager: Joseph **.

Original review: July 13, 2017

We had a horrible experience with the Q7 TDI Diesel Buyback program (2012 Audi). The process was long, hard to figure out and not very customer service friendly. I felt I was treated like I did something wrong. All I did was buy a Turbo Diesel Audi. My family of 4 were left without a car for 3 days, before we had our buyback money to buy a new car as we only have 1 for all of us. Everyone was rude to deal with. When you spend this amount of money on a car you expect a certain level of customer service, we did not get treated well. I would not recommend Audi to anyone I know. And I will not buy another Audi.

Original review: July 10, 2017

I bought my 2016 Audi Q5 in air day weekend of 2016 and I've had 3 separate issues and now 3 recalls in the car within a matter of 9 months. 30 days in my sunroof started to rattle so bad it sounded like the glass was going to fall out. Take it to have it fixed and issues with getting a courtesy vehicle. I got a small A3 which is not comparable to a Q5... Just pointing out the obvious! Also they weren't very thrilled about giving me a car even though that was used a sales tactic because that was one of the things I liked about their service and having a luxury SUV! They had to take out the sunroof and put something around the whole thing so it doesn't rattle. Issue was fixed and hasn't come back.

Came back in probably 2 months after that when other random rattle sounds started to pop up. One in the back trunk area and one by the dash. Again did not want to give me a courtesy vehicle and again I had to insist. I'm a mother of a small child, that time is precious to me and I'm not sitting in a dealership with a small kid, no thanks! Trunk issues resolved, front they couldn't figure out and I hear from time to time. Now the final one is my window makes a high pitch screeching sound when I roll it down. Seems to happen in hotter weather. This is getting looked at this week and the 2 out of 3 recalls!

This car has been plagued with problems and not the safe luxury SUV I spent $50,000 on to keep me and my daughter safe! I'm so disappointed and disgusted with Audi and how I've been treated. This is not the service or car I expected from them at all!! I called Audi America today and was told they couldn't buy my car back because it had recalls! Really? Why do you think I want to see it back to you, Audi??? I'm not safe in this malfunctioning car you sold me!!! And now you don't want it back? SHOCKER! As for the dealership, they can care less and are so rude it blows my mind! Huge mistake buying an Audi! Should've stuck with Infiniti!

Original review: June 26, 2017

Audi has horrible customer service reps that lie through their teeth. I was told I wouldn't be covered on a manufacturing defect because I didn't have a long enough loyalty history (That just means I haven't given them enough money yet). When I asked how much money I've spent with them so far, they had no idea and had to call me back after talking to my dealer. How can you rate my loyalty and not know how much I've spent as your customer? The part I wanted them to fix was in the turbo, it costs $40.00 but the job runs $2,500 so I was looking for a discount on the incredible service charge. They didn't think it was worth it. I'll never buy another Audi again.

Original review: June 23, 2017

My year 2010 Audi A4 2.0 TFSI Quattro has started to burn excessive oil due to a design/manufacturing fault. Local dealer in Turkey, Audi Turkey (Dogus Otomotiv) is not responsive with my issue since it is a design problem so should take the manufacturer's responsibility. Finally I had to have my car's engine rebuilt by paying 4500 USD to one of the official service point in Ankara, Turkey, last week.

Now I am so disappointed about my Audi car and the local dealer of it (and also Audi AG, Germany). Therefore I have started a protesting campaign to make them hear my and thousands of desperate Turkish customer's voices. Please send your supports and help me with this campaign to succeed and maybe to change this frustrating situation, causing a huge dissatisfaction and disappointment about the brand AUDI in Turkey.

P.S.: You can investigate and check the general look, image/reputation of Audi Turkey/Dogus Otomotiv which is also the local dealer of Volkswagen cars in Turkey especially about their customer satisfaction levels that I believe you also recognize it is very low level. Thanks for your supports and helps. Those may help solving our customer satisfaction problems with our local dealer!

Original review: June 20, 2017

Beware if you are an Audi owner. I love their cars but their customer service sucks! I have had the same part on my vehicle replaced every year for 6 years. No one could find out the problem so I assumed they would just keep doing this. Wrong! If you have ANY repair service done, even at the dealership, make sure you call up Audi Customer Service and get a Case ID number. The repair on your vehicle, even through a dealership, is NOT accessible to anyone else. In other words, unless you call up Audi every time you have an issue they will not accept that it even occurred. Receipts don't help.

My dealership was repairing the part out of what they call "goodwill". What is that? I thought they were repairing it because of a design or part flaw on their part. It should be expected to be replaced. I shouldn't have to be grateful they fixed my car! This last time the repair lasted a year and a half so the warranty on the vehicle and that part is over. It's only $1100 to fix a door seal! Maybe because they should last the life of the vehicle.

Original review: June 20, 2017

Audi A5 2012 convertible with only 28000 miles, the top do not close completely and at the dealer charge me $160.00 to diagnostic the problem (another shops charge with the same computer $70.00) and call me if I accept $1,277.00 to fix it. Contact the factory and a technician in Germany told me that are a couple of sensors that very rare cause this problem, parts very cheap and easy to replace. (Plastic materials I think). Is anyone at this chat that can help me about this? Who is right?

Audi Company Information

www.audiusa.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use