Save on Car Repairs

Save on Car Repairs

With the Best Extended Warranty

Compare Quotes

556 Audi Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

Audi Financial Services is the weakest link in your organization, and needs fixing. First, I explored purchasing my Audi A8L at the end of my lease. The forms were to be mailed to me, but I never received them. Second, I then explored selling the car to CarMax, and received a purchase quote of $54,022 on September 29, good through October 6.

Third, on October 1, I asked Audi about a 1-month lease extension, gave my credit card information, but when told of the amount ($2,164.42), I canceled the request at once. Your agent didn’t cancel as I asked. I’m now disputing that amount on my credit card. Fourth, when I tried to sell the car to Carmax on October 5, Audi sent another purchase quote — adding more than $4,270. I refused this exorbitant second quote, as I was within the time parameters of the first quote. After five hours of conversations with Audi agents in three states, Audi agreed to stand by the original purchase quote.

During those five hours, however, I was often faced with “waiting for the next available agent” up to 20 minutes, voicemails, and agents who could not make decisions and passed me off to others. I needed one agent who could respond quickly and make a prompt decision. This litany of poor customer service is abysmal and unworthy of Audi.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

Me and my wife own a 2014 Audi A6. Just pass 61000 miles. Last week I was driving the car and trying to make a left turn, the steering wheel get locked. Doesn't move the steering wheel left or right. Finally AAA took the car to the Audi dealership. Next day service advisor call me and tell me the steering wheel rock and pinion need to replace. The cost is $ 3500. I call Audi customer service, file a complaint, the lady told me she is going to review with the service dept. and let me know the updates. I wait for 6 days she never call me, I trying to reach her almost 6 times. Finally after 12 days she call me and tell me they can't help me this time. I don't know why she took that much time to say to me this answer. I never ever buy or lease another Audi, that for sure.

Get expert buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2018

Beware of purchasing an Audi. I own a 2018 Audi Q7. Unfortunately, I was hit in a collision 75 days ago. I still do not have my car back. Currently, I am waiting for replacement parts from Audi. The last estimate I received is that the parts are still at least 35 days away from being shipped. Audi continues to push back the ship date for the parts. I reached out to Audi Customer Care and received no help or solution. If you purchase an Audi be prepared to wait for 4-6 months for repairs to be completed. It may be even longer...

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

Had a few issues with a European delivery, Audi customer support was a complete joke. They stood in the way of information and anything resembling a resolution. Very disappointing, DEFINITELY not a premium experience. To be avoided.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

Car started burning oil at 95,000 miles. Dealer says they have never heard of the problem (but this is obviously not true because there are online complaints on this very issue). We usually keep our cars 150,00 miles and have done all the required maintenance and repairs (by the local dealer). Selling the car - won't buy another Audi. Very disappointed in Audi. They should do a recall and fix these problems.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Audi?

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

My prepaid lease on my 2017 Audi A8L was expiring. I did not receive any communication from Audi Financial that I was welcome to lease another Audi. All that I received were emails and phone calls from Audi's contractor wanting to inspect my vehicle before the lease expired. When I called my otherwise good local dealer for help/advice, I was told to call Audi Financial. There is no communication between Audi Financial and the dealer. I called Audi Financial about purchasing the A8L, and was promised a mailed package that I could complete. I never received the package. It became obvious that Audi did not want to take the effort to keep me as a customer. I sold the car to Carmax for a small profit, and bought a BMW 7 series. I will not buy another Audi.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

I bought an Audi Q7 from Audi Alto Pennant Hills and also bought extended warranty. The car has been sent back for repairs more than 3 times and still there is the same problem or new problem. The AUDI Mechanics are either poorly trained or totally not professionally qualified. Each time it is so hard to speak to someone from the service department. Every phone call, the receptionist will give an excuse that "All the servicemen are on the driveway or not on their desks". I have called them 5-6 times each day just to leave my number and no one calls me back.

I have to CALL and CALL! I even have to ask my friends to try calling to reach the Service Department and they too experience the same problem - leaving their phone numbers and no one call back at all. Funny thing is that I am a car owner of a Ferrari, Lamborghini, Fiat, Mercedes-Benz and unfortunately this AUDI Q7 which is definitely the WORST purchase I ever made in my life. I have never encounter any problems with my other cars at all. I will never buy another AUDI in my life again as the AUDI brand and reputation has been seriously tarnished. BAD and POOR customer service. Do not buy from AUDI ALTO PENNANT HILLS unless you want to be disappointed by faulty cars and poor service by their mechanics. Extremely disappointing!!!

Original review: Aug. 18, 2018

I got my Q3 brand spankin' new and for the first 2 years it was excellent. Now in my 3rd year, I've had my vehicle serviced twice for rear-view camera malfunctions. Now, my vehicle won't turn on. I'm stranded. I have what I suspect to be some sort of major computer malfunction because despite my turning the vehicle off, the radio turns on by itself and is what I suspect to be the reason why my battery has drained (and no, I never got the battery service light prior to this incident, in fact, I didn't get any service indicator lights). Once I miraculously got it started, the speedometer and computer mph reading defer by 25 mph - at a red light the computer reads I'm going 25 mph. I also get the occasional TPMS on my dash and my tires are fine. This would've cost me a fortune if my vehicle weren't still under warranty. It's only 3 years and 8 months old and has less than 42000 miles.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

Horrible experience with Audi Financial! Despite being a loyal Audi customer for years, owned many of their cars and (always paid on time) they treated me so bad. Charged me money after return of a lease (for change of a tire) without properly communicating with us and next I receive a letter from collection agency. And when I call to clarify they mistreated me again on the phone (somebody name Marco...). So disappointed. Don't buy Audi!

Original review: July 10, 2018

I own 2013 Audi A8 that has only 100000 km. It is 4.0 dual Turbo. The car is an amazing car and 2 months ago just stalled. An Audi mechanic close to my work looked at it and told me it is the turbos. I bought Audi original Turbos and replaced them and I got a call from the mechanic that they are gone again and the engine is full of broken metals. I called Audi Canada and they said it is A8 with only 100000 km so we need to know what is going on, I took it to PFAFF Audi in Vaughan and they said you need new engine.

I have been waiting for many days to know if Audi Canada is going to help with the cost and the repair and I hope they will because such an expensive car with only 100000 km should not have an engine damage because of turbos. This is a shame and frustrating issue and I think whoever wants to buy Audi should think of. I do not have extended warranty as I bought it from a private dealer who bought it from Audi Canada directly. This is unfair and really painful to go through. I am now waiting for Audi Canada decision and I will post more information once I get an answer.

Updated on 07/13/2018: So I had posted my problem with my 2013 Audi A8. Audi Canada answered me finally by saying, "We will not help in fixing this car because you took it to an independent Audi mechanic and he is not certified by us." So, when you are stuck and your car stalled and there is a guy that deals with Audi all his life close to you, what do you do?? The 2013 Audi A8 4.0L turbo is absolutely a car that you should not consider buying as the turbos break and damage the engine. It is not worth the money to fix, $15000 just for new turbos and add the engine another $10000. 5 years old car!!!

Audi is not standing behind their product and talking about customer service and the answers I got from one of the representative, he was yelling and insulting because I am not letting them doing their job. They were giving me false information and I did not like it. Their offer is to give me a voucher to use for the future if I want to buy an Audi. Huh, would you do it again???

Audi Company Information