3.3/5 (1743 ratings)
Shop Now  on Carvana

About Audi

Audi Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Audi?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Audi?

Original review: Aug. 19, 2022

I bought a brand new 2019 Audi Q5 and just brought it into servicing for the 4th time for a faulty air con system. First time was just months after purchasing (10/2019)- low refrigerant. Second time (6/2020) A/C not blowing cold air - performed inspection by injecting dye to detect leaks; found no leaks and topped up refrigerant. Third time (6/2021) A/C not blowing cold air- found A/C compressor line was leaking at union. Replaced O rings and recharged system. Fourth time (8/2022) A/C not blowing cold air again - car still in shop as I write this. Just got text that technicians did not find any leaks and have to do more extensive trouble shooting over weekend so 5 days without a car! On top of that, I have already taken the car in for two recalls! No confidence in Audi quality. I say stick with Japanese cars.

Get buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2022

I have had a continuing problem with my in-car Audiconnect. I have reached out to Audi Customer Experience multiple time (including phone wait times exceeding 30 minutes to 1 hour). Nobody at Audi has any idea of how to resolve the issue. Stay away from Audi.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2022

Audi has a history of its engines consuming excess oil. After testing by the dealership showed oil consumption of 1.44 quarts per 1000 miles, Audi USA refused to provide any support even though the dealer said it was a design defect. Audi will not stand behind its product. The car has only 86,000 miles and needs a new engine according to the dealership.

Original review: July 27, 2022

If you are choosing Audi, think hard on whether it is worth the money. I'm learning that you are buying a name not a quality product. Warranty is worse than most other vehicles. Labor is more expensive than most other vehicles. Quality may not be any better. 37K miles and I had to replace the water pump and the dealer charged $1.5K in labor. On my previous A6 the exhaust system needed to be replaced at about 75K miles. For the money, quality and warranty you are better off with VW or Kia.

Original review: June 24, 2022

Audi markets the fuel economy for the Q5 as 23 city/28 highway. After driving our newly leased car for 7 months, the average mileage we got was 15 city and 20 highway. We brought our car to the dealer and confirmed nothing was wrong so This is an egregious lie on fuel economy. We also got a flat tire and called roadside assistance. They called a tow company and confirmed they would cover a car service back home. They ended up denying reimbursement for any of this. Their fuel economy is horrible and their roadside assistance gives false information. We will never purchase or lease Audi again.

Original review: June 8, 2022

Within the first two years, the vehicle had problems with overheating and the car quit in traffic. The car had to be towed to the dealership. This happened twice. When the car had 50,250 miles I took it in for service. I was told there was a leak in transmission and also a oil leak, which cost me $4,000.

Original review: May 29, 2022

Audi, a beautiful car with poor reliability. Get your wallet ready. This was a "reward" for my wife that spent 40+ years as an RN in acute care settings across several states. It begins... Bought the car new in 2014 in Atlanta. Was told by the dealer rep to give him all stars and that was important. Why not say give an honest opinion? Was never even called by rep that sold it to see if I liked the car. That should have been a heads up. Now at 95k miles and have spent over $6000 dollars to repair: water pump, timing chain, high pressure fuel pump, leaking gaskets. Now it is skipping like a monster. Now have another $1000+ dollar to get carbon off intake valves. My Toyota Avalon went over 200k miles. No major issues. Don't do it....run away.

Original review: May 21, 2022

My 2018 Audi Q5 has three service recalls and now a $2500 repair for a leaking water pump. The car has only 13,000 miles but Audi will not help with the cost since the car is 7 months out of warranty. Audi customer service says they might of helped but I needed to ask for assistance BEFORE the repair was undertaken. I am supposed to know this, how? I do not recommend an Audi or the Audi Exchange dealership in Highland Park IL. They do not stand behind what is obviously a design or manufacturing defect on a car with only 13,000 miles.

Original review: March 24, 2022

I would caution anyone against purchasing a new or used Audi solely based on their horrendous customer service and deceptive service practices. I purchased a new 2017 Audi Q7 and almost immediately notice an obnoxious squealing noise from the front brakes, especially when they were cold. On multiple occasions I mentioned this to my service advisor at Bluegrass Audi when I was having work done on the vehicle. I was consistently told that the noise was normal and was just due to the nature of the brake pads. I recently received a notice of a Class Action Settlement, “Mercado v Volkswagen Group…: that specifically addressed this very issue and I have also learned that there were several Technical Service Bulletins (2050735/1) issued in early 2018 by Audi that addressed this issue and specifically how service departments should fix the issue.

Unfortunately, my service department never addressed this issue and I am apparently stuck dealing with the obnoxious squealing. I contacted Audi USA to see what could be done and was told they could not offer any assistance and my only option would be to take legal action on my own. This is tremendously disappointing for a company that holds itself out as consumer focused.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2022

Bought my first Audi 3 weeks ago. First day I couldn’t log in to access my car. I called customer service and email them numerous times and no one has been able to fix or provide status. Audi has the worst customer service in the world, DO NOT BUY an Audi.

Audi Company Information