Find a Car Brands partner

3. Car Brands

3.9/5 (758 ratings)
Find a Car Brands partner
Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

About Audi

Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

Audi Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Audi?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Audi?

Original review: Oct. 12, 2021

I purchased a used Audi A3 for my teenager about 2 years ago. My daughter now attends a university about 1 1/2 hr away from home. She called me one evening and told me that the engine light came on and the car had slowed down. Luckily, she was 5 minutes from her apartment and close to an auto shop. When she parked the car, all of the oil leaked out. I had to pay for a replacement engine because there was internal damage and a hole in the oil pan. There were NO warning signs before this situation and the Audi dealership had just performed a multi inspection, but found no issues. I am so happy that my daughter was not on the road! I never had these issues with Mercedes.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2021

I've been purchasing Audi vehicles for the last fifteen years; primarily A6 Supercharged vehicles. Last March, I traded-in my 2016 A6 Prestige Supercharged for the 2021 A6 Prestige 55. From day one there have been issues. There has been nonstop rattling from the dash. The trunk opens without touching the button on the remote or truck latch door. Other times, when pressing the button on the trunk handle, the trunk won't open at all. I would have to take the key fob out of my pocket and press the button in order for the trunk door to open. That defeats the purpose of having the trunk door button on the trunk. This is another flaw of all 2019 and newer models. Numerous times when closing the trunk, we walk away and the trunk opens again without us touching anything!

Same with the doors. Numerous times, we are unable to open the doors by placing our hand behind the door handle when the key fob is in our pocket. We have to take the key fob out of our pocket for the door handle to work. The dash rattle has been addressed numerous times, but never fixed. It's a horrible design flaw. No matter what the dealership attempts, it won't fix the poor design flaw. The bottom screen went out three times since purchasing the vehicle. The first time within two weeks of the purchase. Stay away from Audi vehicles from 2019 to current. Too many design flaws.

Get buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2021

My wife leased a brand new Audi Q3, after the first month the breaks were grinding and squeaking, took it in and they said they were fine, 2 months later same thing and they said they were fine but also that Audi has high performance brakes and this is normal!!! Actually gave us a pamphlet to prove it!! I took it to a different dealer who said they would have Audi look into it, brought it in and got the same response. I took the service manager out and test drove 4 other Q3's, (the loaner we got all the time did not have this issue) and 1 other had the same grinding issue. They say there is nothing they can do. One guy actually told me to go 40MPH and slam on the brakes a few times!!! LAST AUDI EVER.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2021

Buyer Beware!!! These cars have transmissions and clutch issues!!! I purchased a 2021 brand new off the lot with only 6 miles and 5 months later I started having transmission issues barely escaping off the highway alive when the car decided to shut down on me. The engine light came on stating that I had transmission failure and it completely shut off after I barely made it off onto the ramp, luckily I was near an exit, otherwise it would have shut down on the highway. People please read up on Audi’s and their transmission issues before purchasing!!! Because the dealership will be of no service to you once the car starts to fail, they are in the business of making money!!!

Original review: Sept. 19, 2021

My lease expired and I got my final balance. I been trying to contact them by phone for 3 weeks. Stay on the line for more than 20 minutes waiting and no one answer. It’s a horrible experience try to pay and just can’t then I used the automatic payment method by phone I and just can’t get through and finish!

Original review: Aug. 26, 2021

Piece of junk!!!! To let people know about Audi. Don’t buy one. I’ve owed a few and always seems to be an issue. A4 turbo went and now recently Q7 not even 5 years old maintained by Audi service the starter is bad and fuel pump is leaking which is scary to know the car can ignite on fire. $4k for repairs after spending $60k on the car. How can it be possible for this piece of junk car which claims to be a high quality car have so many issues. Audi does nothing about it says oh well sorry. I strongly suggest no one spends their hard earned money on a piece of junk and go with another brand. Sorry to be so abrupt but this brand is terrible and so is their corporate office.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2021

My story is as long as the other reviews, so to make it short. I will not buy an Audi again in the future. Doesn't matter how good it drives. Do not want to make myself unhappy again for few weeks. And just a piece of an advice, do not get any options at the financial room if you have to buy it.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2021

I've had my 2013 Audi allroad for 8 years, it currently has 112000 miles. It's always been serviced and repaired by Audi. 25k miles ago I started to need to top up oil between services. Audi then stated that this was normal. I didn't really believe that and started to do some research on my own and found that the early TFSI engines 2008-2012 have an inherent design fault which leads to high consumption of oil. **

Gradually the problem got worse and during a service when I yet again made them aware of the issue and my research findings, they said the turbo was burning oil and needed to be replaced before they could do anything. This was done and $4k later my car was still burning oil. Problem got worse and worse. At 1 qrt every 600 miles Audi said that the abnormal use was due to a leaking top cover gasket and they could not do anything until this issue was corrected. I made them aware that the engine bay would have been full of oil if the top cover gasket was to blame but went ahead to fix the gasket at the same time as the timing chain was replaced.

The problem still remained. I have now spent yet another $1k to perform a oil consumption test which concluded that the car is now using 1 qrt each 200 miles! Which is everything else but normal. Audi finally says that the piston rings need to be replaced and because the car is now out of warranty I have to pay for everything out of pocket!!!

The fact that Audi from day one blamed everything else and asked me to spend premium $ to fix whatever they said was the issue instead of taking responsibility for their faulty engines is ridiculous and everything else but premium. It's so savage and ruthless to bleed your customers of money knowingly that there is an issue with the engines. This is not what I expect of a premium car company. Whoever is considering of ever buying or owning a new or used Audi please think twice!

Original review: Aug. 11, 2021

Bought my wife a Q7 and were really enjoying it. It has a lot of great technology. Our son just got his learner's permit and has been practicing with my wife in the passenger seat. We have a clay pot near the corner of our garage door that hides the garden hose. My son misjudged the 90 degree turn from our driveway into the garage and hit the pot. His speed was less than 5 miles per hour.

The pot suffered no damage (if you get really close, you can see that there is a small stripe of the glazing that has lost a little of its sheen). The Q7, however, fell apart. I had no idea that the bumper and several of the front panels are only held on by clips. Also, some of the electronic sensors for the active cruise control were knocked out of adjustment. Total cost to repair the very fragile Q7 was $4,656.47. I can't imagine how costly the damage would have been if the Q7 was actually involved in a real accident with another vehicle. This is beyond a glass chin. Would its passengers even be safe considering that it falls apart so easily? Consider yourself warned and stay far away.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2021

I own a 2020 Audi Q3. I bought it last July and I’ve been at the service department more than five times and tomorrow will be my 6th. I have brake issues, rotors keep getting scratched, shaking Error messages on the on the main display. They have repaired it and said that it’s all good. However less than one week later the same issue repeated. The same all over again. However this time I have transmission slip failure, driving system failure.

Audi Company Information