Find a Car Brands partner

3. Car Brands

4.0/5 (753 ratings)
Find a Car Brands partner
Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

About Audi

Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

Audi Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Audi?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Audi?

Original review: July 6, 2021

I recently leased a 2021 Audi Q5 Sportback and after riding it for a couple of hours I noticed that the engine makes a whistling noise at low RPM (around 1500) when accelerating. This is loud enough that you can easily hear it on highways. Moreover, the turbo makes a loud hissing noise whenever I accelerate. I also test drove 3 more Q5s and they all made the same noises (both whistling at low RMP and high hissing noise). So, I took it to the dealership to exit out of my lease and they said since this issue is happening on all the cars there’s no easy way to get out of the lease and they can buy back the car and the sum of money out of my pocket was 11,000 dollars.

So, I called Audi USA and they said they cannot do anything with lease termination and there was basically no way for me to get out of the lease without losing too much money. They suggested I should take it to my local service to thoroughly diagnose this and I did. They gave me a report that quotes: "Customer states at low rpm there is a whistling sound coming from the engine. Customer went on test with shop Foreman previously. Technician performed road test and confirmed whistling noise. Technician scanned vehicle and found no faults or DTC pertaining to engine bay. Tech was able to test drive identical model to compare and found noise is normal and from wastegate opening high speed/ low RPM under load. Vehicle is operating as designed."

So basically, the engine of a $61K German made car makes different types of noises, and they call it operating as designed and there is no good solution that I was given by neither the dealership nor Audi USA. So, if you are sensitive to random engine noise (this is by far different from cool sporty engine sounds) I'd steer away from Q5. This is my first lease from Audi and will never come back.

Original review: June 26, 2021

This is my fifth Audi. The first 3 were great, but the 4th went back under the Texas lemon law. This Q8 is one repair away from doing the same, and that's a shame. It's sporty, powerful, handles better than you'd think an SUV could, the interior is magnificent - best execution of a touch screen EVER. But it's full of many of the same electronic gremlins that sent my A8 back: incredibly intrusive electronic nannies, the adaptive cruise is simply unusable, sometimes the seat memory works, most of the time it doesn't. And my personal favorite are windshield wipers that activate on their own for no apparent reason. There are far too many good choices on the market to put up with this expensive aggravation.

Get buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 23, 2021

At end of lease- told residual is approx 12K- you would think that's what you could buy it for? Not close- have to go thru their dealer and they tack on over 1k in fees and Audi adds another 300 or so - in theory no termination fee If you buy it but they call it something else- Want to sell it directly to someone else?- Don't even think it's going to happen then they charge what they call fmv- in my case 21k. Bottom line audi finance is a rip off - they tell you when you buy it that residual price is what you pay———NOT.

Original review: June 17, 2021

I purchased a 2021 Audi RS6 from the dealer then found horrible paint and body defects on the entire vehicle days later. Audi USA would not respond to my attempts at contacting them until I called them out on Social Media. Apparently, that’s the only way to get anyone to respond. Even still, I was told by Audi to “trust the dealer and their attempt to make it better.” So I did and it is even more so ruined. Audi has not offered any customer service when purchasing a vehicle of this caliber and price point. Severely disappointed.

Original review: April 11, 2021

I purchased new Bridgestone tires which were put on my car, and the next few days I went to Audi to get their "computerized" alignment services. I waited there for 5-6 hours after I had a 9AM appointment. Alignments only take within 1 hour. The mechanic did the alignment then took the car for a test drive and the alignment was way out of alignment. HOW. Since this was a computerized alignment. And that was after 4 hours??? So it was pulled back into the shop and worked on for 1.5 more hours. Well they produced a computer sheet off the system showing the alignment completed. Totally suspect. Well that was April 2019 and then Covid hit and the car was barely used. In all, there was only about 7200 miles put on the car in 1+ years. Local distance only. SO, after a year I made an appointment to bring in the car for a front steering issue and told them to inspect the whole car.

The mechanic doing the inspection made note that the rear tires were much lower treadwear than the fronts, and should be replaced. I said, "Really? That is not good as this Audi dealership did the alignment for all 4 tires." The dealer's service manager made a snide comment that "who is driving the car"? I said my wife who is 66 years old and drives locally only. He shut up. I then took the car to another mechanic who confirmed that the tires were unevenly wearing on the rear and did so in making them uneven as a pair. Thus the mechanic at Audi did not recognize the uneven wear. (Is he a mechanic??) Idiot as I see it. So I asked Audi to replace the rear tires and fix the alignment. They balked and said the amount of time made it not their problem. But the car only had 7200 miles on it since the alignment was done, and anyone knows that the malalignment takes time to show and the 7200 miles is about correct.

I have other mechanics' responses to this to show just that. So I bought new tires and had Firestone do the work with the guaranteed for life alignment, which they service at any time. They also gave me their details on the probably cause of the Audi service department. The Audi service totally screwed up. They are incompetent.

Original review: April 8, 2021

I am a new Audi customer and definitely did not expect this company to be so incompetent. First off, the app is a joke. It doesn't really do anything useful so we never use it. I also had a hard time connecting my Audi account to Audi Financial Service in order to set up an auto-pay. I tried numerous times but the website seemed to have an issue all the time.

When I called the customer service to get help, there was a long wait about 20-30min in a Thursday morning around 9am PST, which shouldn't be the busiest time of the day or the week, and the representative who came on the line was very disrespectful and not helpful. He sounded like a high-school kid who wasn't motivated to do anything at all. So the only way at this moment to set up an auto-pay is to fill out the paperwork and mail it to Audi. Unbelievably old school. I've only owned the car for 3-4 months but already regret it. I've owned a few cars in the past from different makes, but Audi is definitely the worst.

Original review: March 26, 2021

In winter 2016 I have bought brand new 2017 Audi A4 Premium Plus for 47k. It was this new version with cool digital gauges and new technology. It was rather exciting. I was thinking at the time that this small luxury sedan was worth the money. Then in December 2020, I got the message that my car doesn't support any more Google maps and from December 31 will stop working. Really after 3 years my car is obsolete and exciting feature that I have chose this car for is no longer available. I have contacted dealerships right away to see if I can upgrade my car, but answer was no, and I should probably get a new or newer Audi in order to have that ability.

So 4 years after I cough up 47k for this Audi and planning to keep it in the family for longer, this car lost one of features that was their top selling point. I had a numbers of Audi cars so far in my life A4, A6, Q5 and Q7. I can tell you one thing. I will never ever again buy a Audi. It is like throwing away you money for something that will be obsolete in 3-4 years. Really sad from company that I had a the time on top for my vehicle needs.

Original review: March 1, 2021

For many months I’ve had issues with the Audi website. Trying to pay my car payment online is a hassle and becomes a giant waste of time each month. The online financial services portal on their website always has issues and makes it impossible to make your payment online without calling customer service. When you try to get a hold of anyone through the phone whether it’s Audi or Audi Financial there’s an extremely long hold time, and if you take advantage of the “call back” option they have you may be able to get a call back days or even weeks later in some of my personal experiences.

As I’m writing this review this issue still has not been resolved. If you are looking to finance your vehicle through Audi Financial, or care about having a good customer service experience I would highly suggest you rethink choosing Audi. So far I have enjoyed my vehicle and haven’t had any issues as a first time Audi owner, but this customer service experience will definitely be a huge part of any future decision I may make about purchasing a vehicle through Audi. Customer service and online ease of use go hand in hand with a quality vehicle, especially when it’s a luxury brand.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2021

@audiofficial @Audi @vw @etron_audi @bbb_north_america @bbcnews @newyorkermag @nytimes @washingtonpost The worst car company that exists, I have dealt with many higher end companies that have dignity, accountability & responsibility. My mom could have died at Audi’s hands, to this day they keep saying we need to pay for a diagnostics test for them to even consider trying to figure out why the engine started to go around 30k miles, we have had to put oil in the car weekly to date and the most serious debacle: the gas tank imploded in the back seat because of where it’s located the entire back area of the car became gas soaked slowly.

Audi could have cared less and we had to pay for it, the mechanic who worked on it used to work for Audi...He said if anyone would have been near this car with a cigarette/match it would have exploded. Deplorable humans and company, #zeroaccountability for a very serious situation. I still have not heard back, only from the bots & robots that respond that WE NEED TO PAY FOR A DIAGNOSTICS TEST. Despicable company. #consumersbeware

Original review: Feb. 26, 2021

So I own a 2013 Audi A4 with 83000 miles on. This car is very bad and unreliable. The car burns lot of oil. Last time when I went to the dealer and told them about the issue the guy was like, "That not our problem." This issue is a thing that Audi must take care of. I believe as we consumers should pay a dollar because many people have this problem and Audi should recall their A4s.

Audi Company Information