2. Automotive
  3. Car Brands

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.53/5

Audi Reviews

Original review: Dec. 15, 2019

I had an accident and I thank God everyday I was driving an Audi. I totaled one Audi and had no idea. I was still driving it for 5 days before I knew something was seriously wrong. Any other car I would have been dead. I'm on my third one and won't switch.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2019

The A7 is a luxury car with room enough to be useful in terms of passengers or cargo. Its styling is unique and so beautiful that most people think my 2013 is a brand new car. The supercharged 3.0L engine has plenty of power and the Quattro AWD system can't be beat.

Get expert buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

The Audi e-tron is an UNBELIEVABLE vehicle!! I would pay 300K for this vehicle. It's a high-end vehicle and is more than the typical SUV, but it is only twice the price, which means if one is willing to sacrifice a little for it, or work a second job, it can be purchased by an "average" family. Work a second job, and you can afford this vehicle. Yes, you need to work hard to have GREAT cars, but it is worth it, trust me!! :)

Original review: Nov. 30, 2019

Audi is an unbelievable car with the latest technology, safety features, and truly is the ultimate driving experience. The car is a pleasure to drive and can be as leisure or as sporty as you would like. It’s a luxurious sports car with sleek and modern design.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2019

I am leasing a Audi A7. I love it. BUT recently I had a 2019 loaner and they redesigned the shift and it’s flat out dangerous. They made the park a button in the soft. So when you naturally move your shift to “park” it’s now reverse. I didn’t know this on the loaner. Upon putting it in “park” I almost hit someone because it was actually reverse and I was going about my business of gathering my purse and water bottle.

They should make the first gear neutral then reverse then drive. It just doesn’t make sense to me. Yes you can get used to it but when your husband or kids borrow the car and aren’t used to it...it can be dangerous. So I am very likely not getting another Audi as this shift design is permanent. Now...I love my 2018 with the old shift. It’s comfy and rideable like a dream. She is beautiful and I get lots of compliments daily. Technology is amazing. If they change the shift design when my lease is up I would likely lease another. I have had great service and the dealership is beautiful with great amenities.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Audi?

Original review: Jan. 15, 2020

Did you know that Audi has a monopoly on their key fob programming? Me neither. And, this mistake cost me almost $2000 and left me without a car for over three weeks. I admit that I didn't have a back-up key. Initially, I hired a Locksmith recommended on Audi USA's website. He was able to get in the car, setting off the alarm system, but was unable to program the key fob. I then towed the car to the dealer using an Audi recommended roadside assistance towing company. They blamed the Locksmith, that is recommended on their website, for breaking the comfort module.

The Audi dealer and Audi Customer Care acted like they were concerned, they weren't. Instead, they pointed fingers at me for seeking out and using an independent Locksmith, that was recommended on their website. The lesson learned is never, ever buy an Audi - unless you enjoy throwing money away, wasting hours of your time, and being without a car for over three weeks over a minor mistake.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2020

I bought 2010 Audi A4 for my son with 101k mileage, engine broke down at 115k! Called mechanics and they all agree that I need a new/used engine as Audi has an engine that no one wants to open and find what the problem is! All mechanics agreed that Audi’s engine has problems and that Audi USA know about the issue. Bad experience. Never an Audi.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2020

Evidently this problem is well known now and we are looking at an engine replacement as a result of a failed timing chain tensioner and the jumping of the chain. The class action lawsuit and settlement only entitled claims if made prior to Jan 25, 2019, which makes no sense given the issue continues to plaque owners of these vehicles. The treatment of this issue represents gross negligence by Audi. Why, in the case of the excessive oil consumption issue, will they pay $4k to execute a stage 2 overhaul of the engine and at the same time, with regard to catastrophic engine failure, not to the same next right thing?? This is really funny - we had the issue with the oil consumption fixed in the present failed engine. I wonder if we'll have the same issue with a new (used) engine with an updated tensioner and new chain?

Original review: Dec. 27, 2019

This week for no apparent reason, the glass sunroof shattered while my husband was driving. There was a very loud sound and my husband nearly lost control of the vehicle. Nothing came into contact with glass and there were no nicks. It seemed to break spontaneously. The fabric insert caught most of the shattered glass thank goodness or my husband might have been injured. The Audi dealer is charging more than $800 to fix it. Our position is that there is some kind of defect, and we worry about our future safety, not to mention future expense.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2019

I own a 2015 AUDI A4. I have enjoyed the car and like the ride very much. However, after a little more than 4 years since I bought the car new, there is a severe problem with the air conditioning system. Since I live in South Florida, it's essential that this works. The AC evaporator failed and needs replacement. The cost quoted me by AUDI in Naples to repair this was $4740 plus tax. Most of this cost is due to labor since it is extremely difficult to replace. The service tech explained to me that the part itself is a little over $1000, the rest is labor cost.

This charge to me is due to poor quality on the part of AUDI. This part should not have failed after only 4 years. In addition, the car is poorly designed if it takes a skilled AUDI mechanic so many hours to repair. The tech said that the entire dash needs to be removed. I'm very dissatisfied. I'm not about to pay this much. What will fail next and and what price to repair it? I will have to get rid of this car since it is useless after less than 5 years. Needless to say I will not be buying an AUDI to replace it.

Is your car out of warranty?

Take our two minute quiz to find the right extended auto warranty for you.

Audi Company Information