Get peace of Mind

Be comforted knowing that your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend My Warranty
1.61/5

Get peace of Mind

Be comforted knowing that your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend My Warranty

582 Audi Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: March 13, 2019

Just serviced my 2013 A4 at AUDI Santa Monica dealership. Probably the worst experience had with them, they overcharged me by almost $300 (Paid ~$615 while last service was the same and it cost me ~$300, Service Rep claimed that last time workload was less than this time which is not true), been a hectic week for me so had no energy to argue with someone who is probably not responsible.

My coolant light sometimes turns on and I have been to that dealership 3 times while car was UNDER WARRANTY to fix this issue and every time I was assured it was fixed and the issue never got fixed. Been regularly servicing my car over there (Have done all required services with Audi) during this period but I was informed that I need to pay an abnormal fee since there is an issue with the coolant pump and parts need to get replaced and it won't be UNDER WARRANTY since it is a new issue which is not the reality (Paperworks proves my statements).

Had the same issue with my brakes, no one ever mentioned to me that my brakes have issues (Been following company's guidelines and scheduled maintenance) so now it is going to cost me ~$1K to fix. It is smarter to not go after $300-$1K more for someone who can potentially be your repeat client and make you more money than the change these service departments are after. (I know this since I am a Business Analyst.) Please educate your dealerships on how to run a business. GOODBYE AUDI FOREVER, from now on will take my car to a reputable decent mechanic. Will never also purchase another AUDI in my life.

Original review: March 7, 2019

I purchased a 2017 A3 in Sept 2017 at Audi Nanaimo. I've only owned it just over a year, and purchased their Audi Care Pkg that includes 4 service appts. They recommend routine service at certain intervals, the last one being 60,000kms. I was overdue by 19,000 when I brought it in because of a strange sound while steering to the left, but still within the stated warrantied mileage. They deemed it a complete transmission failure after a $600 diagnosis and will not replace the transmission under warranty, because they said I was overdue for servicing...and the car only has 80,000km on it! They then proceeded to send me an $11,000 quote. What a scam.

Get expert buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

If you ever consider buying a used Audi make sure it has an extended warranty for as long as you plan on owning it!!! They break down often and when they do it will cost you a fortune to fix!! You will get sucked in thinking, "Ok I'll fix this problem then I should be ok," then next month another issue and it happens every month, and it is major money every time!!! Last one I owned was an A6 with 70,000 miles, car book value is around $10,000 they want $6500 to repair a mechatronic, car will not shift out of park when it's cold, no way to bypass it, and they don't even have the part!!! I now own a $10,000 piece of **!!!

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

Vehicle (2016 A6 Quattro) has shut off while driving. Vehicle has shut off while at a stop light; would not immediately restart. Fiddled with the gears, put in park. Got vehicle to start after about 30-60 seconds. 30-60 seconds is a significant amount of time at a stop light that has just turned green. This has happened 3 times. Enter vehicle; start; put in reverse or drive to exit my driveway; car has shut off while attempting to exit driveway, 4 times; warning/Prompting me to put it in park. Brakes or rotors make a scratching noise; notice if driving close to a wall or median (to reflect the sound) when windows are down.

Have had brakes checked by dealer multiple times and have been told they were fine. However, they make a constant noise. My parking sensor has been stuck in a position that makes vehicle think the passenger side front bumper is in contact with something. Will usually go back to normal by the next day. This has happened twice. Also has 2 recalls. 1 has not been completed. The other, the airbag recall, has been unable to be repaired. Dealer states they have not been sent the parts. This has been ongoing for months now.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

Car was purchased in Toronto in mid Oct, 2018, driven to Naples, Florida in early November and parked in a condo garage 100 yards from the Gulf of Mexico with the passenger side exposed to winds from the Gulf. In mid January a braking issue was noticed when braking at highway speeds. Audi service determined that the issue was caused by rust on the passenger side brake rotors and advised that because this was a result of "outside influences" the repair cost would not be covered by the warranty. Does this seem reasonable when other equivalent cars parked in the same condo location over 8 years had not encountered the same problem?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Audi?

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

Purchased a new vehicle and was convinced by my dealer to finance through Audi in order to get a credit off the purchase price. Asked if there was a payoff penalty and was assured there was none. After the 2 month waiting period required for Audi Financial to establish the account, I contacted them for a payoff quote. This is only good for 10 days. In that period of time, I re-financed through my credit union and had them send a check directly to Audi Financial. Audi claims they never received the first check, so my credit union issued a second check which was received. Unfortunately, Audi Financial did not honor the first pay off amount so due to the interest accrual, I continued to get statements with "Balance Due = $0.00".

After the 3rd statement of this type, I contacted Audi Financial and they said that they had not put the check from my credit union as a pay off amount. They just put the money towards my payments and my next payment wasn't due until Jan 19, 2023 (the last payment). But my vehicle was still not technically paid off. In the last phone conversation I had with Audi Financial, I was told that they had received the first check but there was a problem with the account number so they didn't apply it to the loan - which would have paid off my loan. Seems like it was very intentional in order to get more interest from the loan/financing. Although there is not a technical charge for paying off the loan at Audi Financial, it seems that they have ways of getting the most interest possible from their customers. I love my Audi vehicle, but I will never use Audi Financial again.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

I bought a brand new 2014 diesel Q7. I loved it, loved how it drove, the gas mileage, its acceleration and handling. I loved the sound system and how roomy it was, and how comfortable it was to drive and ride in from almost any seat. 3rd row kind of sucked, but usually their kids anyway. So what happened? The government. Freakin California says they lied about emissions. Diesels anywhere else in the world (literally - I've been there) are mainstream BECAUSE of their fuel efficiency. So they pay me 8K to keep my car and "fix it" so that it meets ridiculous standards of emissions. I got it fixed May? of 2018. It's now been in the shop 2x for 7-10 days per time because of the ad blue light indicator/system being faulty.

This last time they thought there was air in the lines so they had to have the mechanic drive it for 50 miles (with my permission - I live 2 hours from the dealer) to verify purging of the system. They also found out I had it chipped at some point - way before their fix and of course now they want to say their warranty for the fix is no longer viable. My performance chip that is no longer even connected due to their re-construction of my exhaust system has nothing to do with their ad-blue fiasco. Of course, in Audi's best interest they no longer offer diesel vehicles in the US but will still offer them overseas. Along with VW who has a smashing replica in 2019 of what this car used to be. I used to love my Audi, now it's an anchor and potential money pit.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

I took my 2016 Red Audi A4 to Audi of South Atlanta in Union City Georgia on 12/12/2018 in the afternoon hours. I took it for the after coolant pump recall and to get a diagnostic as to why my reverse camera would intermittently work. I got there, dropped off the car, signed for my loaner car & acknowledged the 149$ diagnostic fee. Upon taking the trunk apart they came upon my wiring harness underneath the deck lid had been cut and taped back together possibly by a previous body shop that repaired the car after an accident back in 2016 when I got the car new. They were saying that over the course of two years and the wires being held back together by tape that they became loose.

We then got State Farm involved and did a 3 way call with the dealership and they agreed to do another tear down at the cost of State Farm, as I had requested them not do any repair work as I would take it up with the previous body shop. But State Farm wanted to send an adjuster out to get an estimate of the damage. Hear nothing until 12-26-2018 When I got an email about the findings and if I wanted to do the repairs or not, and I did NOT respond to the email I instead asked Tim ** the service adviser why I was receiving the email and if it was just automated because the last communication I had during the 3 way call was that State Farm was paying for the repairs not me that I never wanted the work done if I was going to be responsible for the bill. He text me and said “Let me verify with State Farm that they are bringing a check by today or tomorrow”.

12-27-2018 I hear from Tim ** that State Farm is denying the repair and that the repair has already been completed because they sent him over the document containing the estimate he took that as approval for repairs is what he told me. I asked to see said document because I was not in any communication about the repair being done until after the fact. He texts on the same date how pissed he is because the State Farm claims adjuster would not allow him to speak to his supervisor and ask if I would call them the next day and allow a 3 way call with the supervisor of said claims agent “Carter”. Over the next business day when Tim ** realized that State Farm was not going to pay for repairs as they did not and have no right to do approve repairs to my car only I can approve said repairs and I NEVER approved ANY repairs!!

So they start looking at me for the money, first telling me the cost of the repair telling me & the advisor at Audi of America that I need to pay it and go after my insurance company for reimbursement. Then when they realize I am not about to pay almost 2k for this repair they then tell me they could charge me the 725$ for the rental car which my agreement was for a “Loaner” car… A few days going back and forth with my local agent, this dealer, and the sheriffs department they then agree to release the car for a lowered amount of $500 and they put my broken part back in and keep their new part. I declined once again as the only thing I approved was a $149 diagnostic fee.

I then call Audi Financial who I have the vehicle financed with and told them the story and they really weren’t much help. So after being threatened with the cost of the loaner Audi I decided to return it and get a few things out of my car since it was clear they were going to have it for quite some time. When they finally bring my car around for me to retrieve property out of they had in my front seat my LICENSE PLATE to take with me… talk about taking possession of something I have paid 27k for to this day… WOW! Then I start looking into legal options and possibly even just letting Audi reposes the vehicle as it was going on 3 weeks and no one wanted to help me when this dealer was Clearly STEALING MY CAR!!! I let it go for a week or two this new year as I was stressing way too much.

Today on 01-21-2019 I call and speak with service manager Allen, I was being nice considering this dealer has done nothing but rob me for 4 weeks as I’m paying a car payment and insurance on a car they have. I ask if they would consider $350 instead of $500 like they had offered a few weeks back to just put this all behind us since they were in the wrong for doing repairs I never approved and he said no that is not what he and the service advisor offered me and that to take the car off the lot it would be the full $500.

I said, "Okay if you all want to continue being crooks I will find a way to get my car" and he interrupts me and says that they are not crooks and if that is how I felt that I can pay the full invoice price and to not come up there to get the vehicle until I have all the money including the loaner car and hangs up!!! Here I am going out of my way to be the bigger person and Pay them money of any amount other than $149 and I get that type of attitude and yelling from a member or management?? I guess this is what to expect when owned by Buttler Automotive Group out of Macon Ga… Update to come when I retrieve my car.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

1/11/18 purchased 2018 Audi S5 Corporate car with 8700 miles. Max oil warning light kept coming on. Took out 9 qts gasoline saturated oil. Serviced 4 times, contact Audi USA 3 times & email. No response. Traded car for BMW 540XI.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

I purchased a 2018 Audi Q7 and was pushed by Grapevine Audi to finance for at least 4 months to get a rebate and the dealer get an incentive from Audi Financial. Long story short I made the first payment of $10,000 which they lost and now claim they returned. They say the check was cashed...this was an electronic bank transfer made by my bank and the entire story from Audi makes no sense and they cannot prove how they returned the funds. I have been dealing with this for over a month and each call results in a different story from Audi Financial. If you choose to finance an Audi do so through your own bank to avoid this nightmare.

Audi Company Information