Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty
3.64/5

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

598 Audi Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 29, 2019

I had the Lexus 430 and 450. Best cars I ever had owned. In 2012 I made a switch to the Audi A8L and had nothing but issues for 3 years. Called the corporate office and they offered me a large credit to switch to a 2015 Audi 8L. No difference with this car as it has been nothing but a lemon with constant issues. Now it is in the shop as the car turned off with driving on the road. (I had the same issue with the 2012 Audi A8.) Sam **

Original review: July 27, 2019

I wish I could rate my service at ZERO stars. In brief, returned to my car at end of work day and battery was dead. Called AAA and quickly started it with a jump. Drive for 30 minutes and picked up my dog. Got back in car and battery dead again. Friendly stranger provided a jump. Started up quickly. Drove home and parked. Lights and radio automatically turned off as usual. Locked. Scheduled Audi roadside assistance for a.m. and appt at dealership. Car was again quickly jumped and started. Drive 30 minutes and dropped off at RVA Audi dealership. Got new battery but was told not covered by warranty because power left on.

Pray tell how that is possible when radio AND lights are automatic???? And, even if this lie were true, the battery, if properly functioning, would be jump started, and would then be good to go. This is yet another attempt by Audi to evade responsibility for warranty coverage. 2nd time in the short 8 months I have had this car! So disappointed in how unethical this company has become. #lastaudiforthisgal

Get expert buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 26, 2019

The vehicle has never missed a service and yet it has had issues since the very first week it was purchased new from Audi Centre Perth in May 2010 for just over $100,000.00. See the History of excess oil consumption which is ongoing, gearbox malfunction at 62,000km, and now the catastrophic engine failure at 102,000km, due to the faulty timing chain tensioner.

The most disappointing thing of all is that once you actually begin to investigate these issues it is very clear to see that Audi were well aware of these issues all along. In fact, only after legal action in the USA, they agreed to rectify these issues at no cost to owners. The oil issue is covered for an extended 8 years or 88,000 miles for 3 options of rectification, and the engine failure due to the faulty timing chain tensioner is covered for 10 years or 100,000 miles with a replacement of the engine.

However by far the worst part that I find completely outrageous is the fact that there was a recall in the USA of all vehicles with this engine type to replace the faulty Timing Chain tensioner due to the significant number of engines having to be replaced, yet Audi Australia failed to even advise owners of the high probability of a catastrophic engine failure. The lack of disclosure to Australian owners denied them and me the option of even paying for a replacement tensioner, at a much smaller cost, and prevent what appears to be the inevitable engine failure and the significant cost to rectify that. The exact situation that I find myself in now.

The failure of Audi Australia and the Audi Service Centre to inform me at any stage that there was a known defect in the timing chain tensioner, and advise me that it would be wise to replace it at a small cost now, rather than be left with an enormous unexpected cost down the track. The cost is one thing however the absolute inconvenience of the vehicle being off the road for 3 weeks now, combined with having to hire a car and not being offered a loan car after 3 weeks, is also unacceptable.

Original review: July 22, 2019

Has to be one of the worse car manufacturers on the planet. Bought a 2010 Q5 from an Audi dealer. Dealers claim they inspect the vehicle. Have had it now for a year and a half. Put 7k miles on it. I have already spent around $5k in repairs and it is in the shop again with the dealer saying the engine needs replaced for another $11k. I now have to spend another $5k to pay it off and not have a car. Engine currently has less that 70k on it. I will never purchase another Audi/VW product in my life.

Original review: June 26, 2019

Like many on here (including Javier - Dec 5, 2018), my Audi was expensive to maintain. I bought it new in 2010 and immediately it used to much oil. After many arguments with the local dealer (near Chicago), they finally got Audi America to cover the cost of fixing the issue (a piston ring issue they kept quiet). Somewhere north of 50k miles, the turbo went. Again, I had to press the local dealer and Audi was quietly fixing another issue they knew they had so they replaced the turbo. Then at 93k, my car would not start while out running local errands. I had to have it towed to an independent garage that works on Audi within the radius covered by my insurance road side assistance.

This was a weekend but on Monday they called with the bad news that the tensioner on the timing chain went and damaged the valves. Their solution was to replace the engine with a used one, so I got the local Audi dealer involved. They said it was covered, so I spent $115 to have it towed to the dealer. I found out later this was part of a class action suit and the dealer wanted 8800 to replace the engine head. Audi said my warranty was voided, even though I did all my maintenance (65k, 75k,85k, etc) because I fell outside the time limit to do the maintenance (i.e. every 12 months), even though I drive few miles since retirement.

I donated the car to charity and wrote a letter to the CEO of Volkswagen America, who used to be the President of Audi America. In all my years of driving and all of the cars/makes I have owned (many well over 100k), never have I had a timing belt/chain issue. Do yourself a favor and buy something other than an Audi or you do want an Audi, either lease it or trade it off before it is too old and you experience the heavy maintenance cost of owning these vehicles.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Audi?

Original review: June 25, 2019

The issue that I have experienced was: 1.5 months back I had my 5 year old Audi A3 cut out on the motorway due to the engine mis-firing. I had RAC tow the car into Audi Nottingham where they said one of the injectors had failed which caused fuel to enter into the engine and cause this issue. I paid £1200 to get this fixed. A month later the car cut out again with the exact same symptoms, so I had it taken into Audi Sheffield. After having the car for 2 weeks they are still not able to re-produce the failure but can confirm from the vehicle computer system that the engine is mis-firing. After buying a premium car, and having it taken only to an Audi dealer for any services/repairs it is really disappointing to experience first hand the lack of quality with both the car and the service received. It occurred on: 11/06/2019.

This meant that I was put in danger by the engine cutting off on the motorway. I was left without a car for 2 weeks during the initial breakdown. I was left without a car for another 2 weeks during the second week. I have lost all confidence in the car, the Audi group and the capability of the Audi technicians who are meant to be the best at what they do. I would like Audi to take ownership for selling me a car with a faulty engine and actually get it fixed. There comes a time when they need to stop looking for every excuse as to why the car engine is failing and look into what is causing the engines to fail in a car that is 5 years old with 60K miles on the clock. This is the most disappointed I have ever been with a car company or the services I have received from any car OEM! I look forward to your prompt response on this matter.

Original review: June 23, 2019

My 3 1/2 year old A8 was just out of warranty when it developed a serious problem. Took 4 weeks to identify problem and cost e2,350 to remedy....after a lot of haggling dealer contributed e1000 towards bill and Audi Ireland had absolutely zero interest in their customers! Needless to say my last Audi!

Original review: June 7, 2019

I purchased a Certified Pre Owned Audi A8 with 17K miles. Audi claims they have a 300 point checklist and vigorous standards for accepting vehicles in to the program, for which there is usually a premium to pay. When I received my vehicle, it was immediately very evident, while the car was still on the transport truck that it had been in a serious accident. The entire driver's side of the vehicle had been repaired and repainted. There are still creases in the front and rear door. The paint is mismatched. Sand marks are still visible under the paint. The windshield was replaced with the incorrect windshield so the heads up display does not function properly.

One tire had extensive damage and was plugged adjacent to side wall. I was advised not to drive the vehicle with that tire by our local Goodyear Tire Center. There is paint overspray on the instrument cluster and dash that simply will not come out. I can continue on - the car is a mess. The dealer isn't responding so I called Audi. My customer care experience with Audi has been atrocious. They have absolutely no concern that one of their dealers sold a car as "certified" but didn't check the simplest of items. The damaged tire alone should have precluded the car from being certified.

The first person from Audi Customer Care that I spoke to ask me "so what do you want Audi to do?" Well, I guess that about sums it up. They fight tooth and nail to escalate the problem to management, and when they said they would - i had to call them back, It's been nearly three weeks. I advise you to stay away from Audi Certified Pre Owned vehicles. They program isn't worth the paper it is written on. I've purchased CPO BMWs and Porsches in the past and had fabulous experiences. Audi just doesn't measure up. I'm embarrassed that I've allowed myself to be taken advantage of this way, and I'm furious that Audi just doesn't care.

Original review: May 24, 2019

I purchased a 2016 CPO Audi from Audi of Naples. There was no mention of a “DEDUCTIBLE” every time you need to use the CPO warranty. I was given no paperwork as to the fact there is a deductible on the CPO warranty. I just took my vehicle in as the air conditioner was not cooling. Since it was 2,000 miles past factory warranty the CPO warranty was applied. I asked if there would be any charge and was told that there would not be a charge as it was all covered under CPO. I was even called the next day and told that the good news was everything was covered by the CPO and I would owe nothing.

When I went to pick up the car I was presented a bill for $85.00. I was told there was no charge for the warranty work but they were required to collect an $85 deductible for Audi. I argued with them and finally had to pay it to get my car released. I filed a complaint with Audi and after a week and a half they just called and said there was nothing they could do and I would be responsible for the $85 deductible every time it needed warranty work. I would never even consider buying another Audi and will be glad to warn others. I have owned many Mercedes Benz and have never had an issue with their CPO. Looks like trying an Audi for the first time ended up being a bad deal.

Original review: May 3, 2019

I leased an Audi A6 and turned it in one month early pull ahead lease for S5. Don’t get me wrong I love the actual car but the service has been a nightmare. Charging me so much money 5 months after I turned the car in. Trying to charge for excise tax that I paid but they applied to the actual car payments. In doing so when I did pull ahead deal instead of it looking like I had a car payment left it looked like I owed excise tax. After many calls and hours of my life I’ll never get back they acted like they figured it out. I made a pay off turn in settlement for the extra miles and thought it was over. Then I get a bill for excise tax in the mail.

When I try to explain to the specific department they tell me they just received this bill from my city. I called the clerk's office and they told me the excise tax for the A6 was sent in April 2018 and they are trying to make me pay it in April 2019. They lied over and over and after making the previous settlement and really still trying to collect excise tax I already paid them. Now I have to spend all kinds of time trying to get this dealt with, and no one will just make good on it. I was told BMW service is phenomenal... And I honestly wish I leased with someone else. Lesson learned... Never again.

Audi Company Information