2. Automotive
  3. Car Brands

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.04/5

Search local inventory and find your next vehicle on Rydeshopper.com

Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You
        Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

Audi Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Audi?
        How do I know I can trust these reviews about Audi?

Original review: April 11, 2021

I purchased new Bridgestone tires which were put on my car, and the next few days I went to Audi to get their "computerized" alignment services. I waited there for 5-6 hours after I had a 9AM appointment. Alignments only take within 1 hour. The mechanic did the alignment then took the car for a test drive and the alignment was way out of alignment. HOW. Since this was a computerized alignment. And that was after 4 hours??? So it was pulled back into the shop and worked on for 1.5 more hours. Well they produced a computer sheet off the system showing the alignment completed. Totally suspect. Well that was April 2019 and then Covid hit and the car was barely used. In all, there was only about 7200 miles put on the car in 1+ years. Local distance only. SO, after a year I made an appointment to bring in the car for a front steering issue and told them to inspect the whole car.

The mechanic doing the inspection made note that the rear tires were much lower treadwear than the fronts, and should be replaced. I said, "Really? That is not good as this Audi dealership did the alignment for all 4 tires." The dealer's service manager made a snide comment that "who is driving the car"? I said my wife who is 66 years old and drives locally only. He shut up. I then took the car to another mechanic who confirmed that the tires were unevenly wearing on the rear and did so in making them uneven as a pair. Thus the mechanic at Audi did not recognize the uneven wear. (Is he a mechanic??) Idiot as I see it. So I asked Audi to replace the rear tires and fix the alignment. They balked and said the amount of time made it not their problem. But the car only had 7200 miles on it since the alignment was done, and anyone knows that the malalignment takes time to show and the 7200 miles is about correct.

I have other mechanics' responses to this to show just that. So I bought new tires and had Firestone do the work with the guaranteed for life alignment, which they service at any time. They also gave me their details on the probably cause of the Audi service department. The Audi service totally screwed up. They are incompetent.

Original review: April 8, 2021

I am a new Audi customer and definitely did not expect this company to be so incompetent. First off, the app is a joke. It doesn't really do anything useful so we never use it. I also had a hard time connecting my Audi account to Audi Financial Service in order to set up an auto-pay. I tried numerous times but the website seemed to have an issue all the time.

When I called the customer service to get help, there was a long wait about 20-30min in a Thursday morning around 9am PST, which shouldn't be the busiest time of the day or the week, and the representative who came on the line was very disrespectful and not helpful. He sounded like a high-school kid who wasn't motivated to do anything at all. So the only way at this moment to set up an auto-pay is to fill out the paperwork and mail it to Audi. Unbelievably old school. I've only owned the car for 3-4 months but already regret it. I've owned a few cars in the past from different makes, but Audi is definitely the worst.

Get buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 26, 2021

In winter 2016 I have bought brand new 2017 Audi A4 Premium Plus for 47k. It was this new version with cool digital gauges and new technology. It was rather exciting. I was thinking at the time that this small luxury sedan was worth the money. Then in December 2020, I got the message that my car doesn't support any more Google maps and from December 31 will stop working. Really after 3 years my car is obsolete and exciting feature that I have chose this car for is no longer available. I have contacted dealerships right away to see if I can upgrade my car, but answer was no, and I should probably get a new or newer Audi in order to have that ability.

So 4 years after I cough up 47k for this Audi and planning to keep it in the family for longer, this car lost one of features that was their top selling point. I had a numbers of Audi cars so far in my life A4, A6, Q5 and Q7. I can tell you one thing. I will never ever again buy a Audi. It is like throwing away you money for something that will be obsolete in 3-4 years. Really sad from company that I had a the time on top for my vehicle needs.

Original review: March 1, 2021

For many months I’ve had issues with the Audi website. Trying to pay my car payment online is a hassle and becomes a giant waste of time each month. The online financial services portal on their website always has issues and makes it impossible to make your payment online without calling customer service. When you try to get a hold of anyone through the phone whether it’s Audi or Audi Financial there’s an extremely long hold time, and if you take advantage of the “call back” option they have you may be able to get a call back days or even weeks later in some of my personal experiences.

As I’m writing this review this issue still has not been resolved. If you are looking to finance your vehicle through Audi Financial, or care about having a good customer service experience I would highly suggest you rethink choosing Audi. So far I have enjoyed my vehicle and haven’t had any issues as a first time Audi owner, but this customer service experience will definitely be a huge part of any future decision I may make about purchasing a vehicle through Audi. Customer service and online ease of use go hand in hand with a quality vehicle, especially when it’s a luxury brand.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2021

@audiofficial @Audi @vw @etron_audi @bbb_north_america @bbcnews @newyorkermag @nytimes @washingtonpost The worst car company that exists, I have dealt with many higher end companies that have dignity, accountability & responsibility. My mom could have died at Audi’s hands, to this day they keep saying we need to pay for a diagnostics test for them to even consider trying to figure out why the engine started to go around 30k miles, we have had to put oil in the car weekly to date and the most serious debacle: the gas tank imploded in the back seat because of where it’s located the entire back area of the car became gas soaked slowly.

Audi could have cared less and we had to pay for it, the mechanic who worked on it used to work for Audi...He said if anyone would have been near this car with a cigarette/match it would have exploded. Deplorable humans and company, #zeroaccountability for a very serious situation. I still have not heard back, only from the bots & robots that respond that WE NEED TO PAY FOR A DIAGNOSTICS TEST. Despicable company. #consumersbeware

Original review: Feb. 26, 2021

So I own a 2013 Audi A4 with 83000 miles on. This car is very bad and unreliable. The car burns lot of oil. Last time when I went to the dealer and told them about the issue the guy was like, "That not our problem." This issue is a thing that Audi must take care of. I believe as we consumers should pay a dollar because many people have this problem and Audi should recall their A4s.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2021

2017 Audi A3 under 45k miles needs a brand new fuel canister and a NEW TRANSMISSION! The Factory warranty expired less than a month ago but I was in quarantine on top of sky high Covid cases. Dealership has had my car now for 2 weeks and sent an estimate for $10,800+. Then had the nerve to say they would cover half!! Like what! Half?? I’m mind blown that this can even be an issue on this new of a car, but it’s even more mind boggling that it's an AUDI. They use to be my favorite brand. I’m afraid to even get this car back as it’s obviously a lemon, and it doesn’t seem like they will stand behind it.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2021

I suggest you don't buy an Audi vehicle. My wife and I were both Audi people. She drives a 2015 Audi Q5 and I have a fully loaded 2014 A6. Both vehicles have had their maintenance done at the dealership. We just had to pay to have her pistons replaced on her Q5 due to the "oil consumption" issue (Google it). They have known about this defect and have settled a class action suit on earlier models. Rather than fix the problem, they are taking the position that oil consumption is "normal" and they have noted as such in their owner's manual. My wife was at the point where we had to add oil every other week. The repair was over 4K. I am at the point where I am adding oil to my A6 although much less frequently but I am concerned about what is going on in the engine.

I feel Audi is not standing behind their product. For the amount of money we paid for these vehicles, these engines should last longer. The maintenance on these vehicles is not cheap. To have an engine need that kind of repair after 5 years is ridiculous in this day and age. For it to be a common problem where they have a specific oil consumption test protocol at the dealership just shows you how common this is. I am sure it would be a huge expense for them to admit fault and resolve these issues. They have been fined for lying about issues with their diesel engines and they simply can't be trusted.

So as much as we loved our vehicles, we are done with Audi. We will never own Audis again and our next cars will be something more reliable from a more reputable manufacturer. Not only are we sharing our story on multiple forums, we are telling all of our friends and co-workers about our experience with Audi. I am certain they have lost way more than the 4K it would have cost to cover the repair on my wife's Q5.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2021

I did 45000 miles service at Audi Denver. I pre-paid next service that comes at 55000. Everything was nice until then because they were getting money. Nobody told me that there is validity for Audi care and now when I went there to get the service done they told me that it is expired, nothing can be done and the money that I paid is gone. I contacted Audi America and no one is helpful. They are least bothered about their customer's issue (especially when the money is paid to them). There is no escalation process. Nobody cares. Highly unsatisfied. Don't know how much this forum will be useful but want to make other aware of this bad experience that I had with them.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2021

One thing you can count on with any Audi: the worst customer service of any car brand, anywhere. Their number here in the USA is inevitably busy and offers a call-back, one which never happens. I would stay as far away possible from Audi, please don't waste your time & money with this company.

Audi Company Information