2. Automotive
  3. Car Brands

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.02/5

Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Find a Dealer Near You
        Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Find a Dealer Near You

Audi Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Audi?
        How do I know I can trust these reviews about Audi?

Original review: Jan. 15, 2021

One thing you can count on with any Audi: the worst customer service of any car brand, anywhere. Their number here in the USA is inevitably busy and offers a call-back, one which never happens. I would stay as far away possible from Audi, please don't waste your time & money with this company.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2020

I have been trying to purchase 2017 Audi A3 from Audi of Smithtown since March 2020 when my lease expired. Long story short.. Salesman Brandon N, manager Matt T and a man named Maurice (he is either the owner or the general manager..he calls himself both) have done nothing but give me excuses. They blame Covid...they blame me...it's everyone's fault except theirs. Audi Finance is no help either. Their answer is the dealers are a separate entity. I mailed a payoff check and completed paperwork last week...the check has not been cashed. Audi Finance does not return my calls. NO ONE IS TRYING TO HELP ME COMPLETE THIS DEAL. It seems like it is a conspiracy to force me into a repossession. Someone needs to investigate this dealer and Audi Finance. They both use questionable tactics.

Get buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2020

I purchased a 2020 A5 sport back new from the dealer. The Audi connect services are wanting and do not work. I've been told Audi is transitioning its service but still it has been a frustrating 3 weeks and counting to not only solve the issue but find whom to talk to and receive the support I need to resolve the issue. My advice for anyone buying a new model is to get all tech matters set up before leaving the dealer and have them agree the car will be delivered working. It is extremely difficult to get support after the purchase. It is very disappointing considering the cost of the car which lacks many features that can be found in non luxury brands.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2020

I feel that the locking system on my Audi is extremely dangerous and want to warn others. I was traveling away for the weekend with my 13 year old daughter and stopped to get something out of the boot/trunk - then closed the boot lid on my keys (absolutely my own fault). I was horrified to discover that my daughter was then locked inside the car, with no way to get out. There were tears and panic (from my daughter stuck inside - and me trying to look under control). We phoned a mechanic who came to assist, and it took a hammer to smash the window and get my daughter out - and an angle-grinder to get through to the boot to retrieve the keys. I was just happy that my daughter was now safe outside the car.

I was really shocked that a driver could actually lock the car and the passenger would have no way to escape. I contacted Audi to let them know what happened and they were just dismissive. They said I could take the car into them for them to have a look at it and that they would charge me for the privilege. I now have a hammer in the glove compartment, just in case, yet I won't feel safe until I actually get a new car. I'll definitely be checking that it doesn't have the same locking system as my Audi. So dangerous!

Original review: Nov. 3, 2020

Purchased a Q7 and is still under warranty and it has an exhaust leak and Audi claims it's not covered under the factory warranty. This is a new car still under warranty and they won't cover it. Buyer Beware. Don't buy an Audi and expect warranty work to be covered.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2020

I leased a q5. Great car, and a fine enough experience during my lease. However post lease the actions of Audi have me considering talking to a lawyer. Prepaid overage miles, was not credited. Called in to give them my transaction number and their office "is not taking calls at this time due to high volume". No call back option, no hold option, and I get this message for a week straight of attempts. 2 weeks later I finally get through to the team, give them my prepaid transaction number and they said I should receive a zero account balance shortly. One month later I get a bill again without my prepayment applied. Again their phone number for Audi USA is not accepting calls. If this touches my credit which it has threatened to do I will have to seek a legal remedy. Ridiculous that I have to spend this much of my time and effort to fix their issues. It's a beautiful car but WALK AWAY!

Original review: Sept. 8, 2020

I drive private for 10 years a Audi a4, now I will build a stretch Limousine from the Audi a4. Course it is one of the best cars I ever had... So I hope I can find a Limousine builder who can a a4 into a 8+1 persons Limousine for the European market.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2020

You pay $60,000.00 for an Audi and this is the message you get. So, the built in Navigation system is now virtually useless. I've got a Garmin portable GPS that cost $120.00 and has lifetime map updates. See Audi message below: "Map update. You have used up your quota of free map updates. Further updates are subject to charge. To obtain the latest "Digital road map North America (Mexico, Canada, USA) Version 2020/2021" map update, please contact your Audi partner."

Original review: Sept. 2, 2020

I bought a A4 Quattro, manual transmission, new in January of 2012 from Hiley Audi in Huntsville, Alabama. The vehicle has had the water pump and one injector replaced under warranty and the PCV valve, various modules and gaskets O rings and other items replaced at my expense as well as the shocks that were leaking more oil than the EXXON Valdez. All of this occurred after the car was barely out of warranty. The service department has actually been quite good at diagnosing the problems associated with the vehicle however the expense of having those issues rectified is prohibitive.

Now with a little over 100k miles on the car, it's burning a quart of oil every 600 miles. No one at Audi notified me about the class action suit on these engines for excessive oil consumption however they did notify me of the extended warranty on the cam chain tensioner which after requesting the replacement they refused to repair even while the car was still under warranty! In short, I'm stuck with $6K repair bill for replacing this dog of an engine. The people that work at Audi can only be as good as the management team and in short, the management team at Hiley as well as Audi of America are terrible.

On a side note, I have an ACURA RSX that I bought new in 2003 with 200k miles on the odometer that doesn't use a drop of oil and a 1997 BMW 318is with a 168K on the clock that doesn't use any oil either. Basically Audi sells cars that are throwaways after 100,000 miles. In short, if you expect Hiley or Audi of America to stand behind their products, you will be sorely disappointed.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2020

I drive a 2012 Audi TT RS. Life got in the way and the vehicle sat on my driveway (not running) for 540 days. During this time not a drop of water entered the vehicle cabin. BONE DRY!!! I finally got around to bringing the vehicle in for service. They replaced the battery, flushed the A/C, brakes and performed an oil change. They also performed an exterior and engine bay detail. Within 10 days the vehicle had 3 inches of water in the passenger side floor.

I immediately called my dealership, Audi Sewell North Houston, and their response was, "Oh, yeah I know what is going on. This is common on the Q5." Apparently there are two drain holes in the engine bay just below the windshield to allow water to drain out of the engine bay. These drains WERE NOW CLOGGED. The dealership's response was that they must have been clogged before. I find this assertion ludicrous as it SAT ON MY DRIVEWAY FOR 540 DAYS WITHOUT A DROP OF WATER IN IT!!!

I took the issue to their GM, Jackson **, and he basically told me the exact same story I got from service. Which means he did no actual work and just regurgitated what he was told from service. I then took the issue to Jacquiline **, managing director, who did not get involved. I then took the issue to Audi of America who again repeated what the GM and service tech told me. So, I am stuck filing a claim with my insurance and having a vehicle with diminished value to flooding and both Sewell and Audi refuse to accept any responsibility. If you value your money I would stay as far away from both Sewell and Audi as possible.

Audi Company Information