2. Automotive
  3. Car Brands

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.06/5

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

Audi Reviews

Original review: Dec. 15, 2019

I had an accident and I thank God everyday I was driving an Audi. I totaled one Audi and had no idea. I was still driving it for 5 days before I knew something was seriously wrong. Any other car I would have been dead. I'm on my third one and won't switch.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2019

The A7 is a luxury car with room enough to be useful in terms of passengers or cargo. Its styling is unique and so beautiful that most people think my 2013 is a brand new car. The supercharged 3.0L engine has plenty of power and the Quattro AWD system can't be beat.

Get buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

The Audi e-tron is an UNBELIEVABLE vehicle!! I would pay 300K for this vehicle. It's a high-end vehicle and is more than the typical SUV, but it is only twice the price, which means if one is willing to sacrifice a little for it, or work a second job, it can be purchased by an "average" family. Work a second job, and you can afford this vehicle. Yes, you need to work hard to have GREAT cars, but it is worth it, trust me!! :)

Original review: Nov. 30, 2019

Audi is an unbelievable car with the latest technology, safety features, and truly is the ultimate driving experience. The car is a pleasure to drive and can be as leisure or as sporty as you would like. It’s a luxurious sports car with sleek and modern design.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2019

I am leasing a Audi A7. I love it. BUT recently I had a 2019 loaner and they redesigned the shift and it’s flat out dangerous. They made the park a button in the soft. So when you naturally move your shift to “park” it’s now reverse. I didn’t know this on the loaner. Upon putting it in “park” I almost hit someone because it was actually reverse and I was going about my business of gathering my purse and water bottle.

They should make the first gear neutral then reverse then drive. It just doesn’t make sense to me. Yes you can get used to it but when your husband or kids borrow the car and aren’t used to it...it can be dangerous. So I am very likely not getting another Audi as this shift design is permanent. Now...I love my 2018 with the old shift. It’s comfy and rideable like a dream. She is beautiful and I get lots of compliments daily. Technology is amazing. If they change the shift design when my lease is up I would likely lease another. I have had great service and the dealership is beautiful with great amenities.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Audi?

Original review: May 22, 2020

My 2010 Audi Q5 3.2L has a carbon buildup problem that was covered under a 10 year, 120K mile extended warranty due to an Audi created defect. I was NEVER notified by Audi of this problem or the extended warranty. I started to get a CEL over a year ago and my local mechanic tried to resolve the problem multiple times, even replacing air flow parts but it never resolved. I paid the $180 at the Audi dealer to get a full diagnosis and they confirmed the carbon buildup problem. But they won't fix it because I confirmed this issue 2 MONTHS after the 10 year mark (and only 75K mileage) even though the problems started well before.

The company has NO GOOD WILL and DOES NOT CARE ABOUT THEIR CUSTOMERS. IT'S ALL ABOUT MONEY. It will cost me over $2000 to clean the carbon out -- a known defect that Audi created and now WILL NOT MAKE GOOD ON. It is obvious that they created the problem but they even tried to blame my mechanic for the problem since they "don't know what the mechanic might have done to my vehicle". GOOD JOB AUDI -- PASSING THE BLAME ONTO YOUR CUSTOMERS. BUYER BEWARE. I am disgusted at their lack of consideration.

Original review: May 10, 2020

Bought a new Audi Q7 from this dealer 5/19/17. I am 55 years old and a professional in my field and felt like it was time for my first luxury vehicle. I did my homework and knew I wanted a luxury SUV. My choices came down to Audi, Volvo + BMW. I choose the Audi Q7 2.0 Premium Plus Package. Seemed like a wonderful car.... Fast forward to 3/11/20 without any warning the engine blows a rod through the engine block. The car has 85,375 miles on it and has been properly serviced on oil changes (every 10,000 miles). I go out of my way to take care of my vehicles with proper maintenance.

I take it to nearest Audi dealership (Ontario) for repair/answers on why this happened. They suggest it be turned over to Audi (Corp.) for a claim. I also called Audi (Riverside) and the man that sold me the car (Dan) was no longer there, but once they heard I had started a claim with Audi (Corp.) they said there was not much more they could do for me. Audi (Ontario) offered me 20% off what is now going to be an engine replacement. My talks with Audi (Corp.) was insulting to me.....absolutely no help. They went through the motions of taking a report, but at the end of the day did absolutely nothing to stand behind their name on what has to be a wrong situation for this to happen.

When I asked why they would not do more or stand behind what feels so wrong to me they said it was because I had my service (oil changes) done at my own mechanic and warranty on the car stopped at 50,000 miles. I understood the warranty at 50,000, but to have a violent engine blow without warning at 85,375 miles made no sense to me. My mechanic is certified and licensed with 35 years experience and used the Audi recommended oil. The Audi (Corp.) Rep Sean comes off as wanting to help, but in my opinion he gathered information to work it against you....beware. This infuriated me, but what choice did I have but to get the repair done.

Audi did the repair at a cost to me of $11,903.82. This is not right as I still owe over 3 years in payments on this purchase and they could not give me a reason at the service department on why this happened. Consumer beware. If you have choices on your luxury SUV purchase don't let it be Audi if you expect support from them on an injustice. In hindsight, I wish I had chosen Volvo.

Original review: April 9, 2020

As of 2020 this car is now 8 years old with 120K kms on it. In the last four years this car has had a number of issues that I have never experienced with much cheaper vehicles I previously owned. Let's see what went wrong... Ball bearings had to be replaced last year, both rear view mirrors -driver's and passenger's sides have come unglued, now the coolant is leaking and the water pump needs to be replaced. The worst of all is that the car has been eating oil like crazy - needs to be topped off every 1000kms now - apparently it is due to the issue with the pistons on multiple vehicles but Audi is doing nothing about it. German engineering hasn't proven to be all that great. Sure the car feels nice to drive and handles well but considering the upper class it is not made well. Not buying another Audi again - the amount of issues and the cost of repairs are not worth the nicer interior and nicer handling than your average Mazda or Chevy.

Original review: March 12, 2020

I have never regretted anything more than my purchase of the 2019 Audi e-tron. The only upside is that I leased the thing and I am now anxiously counting down the next 33 months (2 more of which I likely won't even see the car), until I can get rid of it. We bought the car on December 30, 2019. I had the car a week and the entire back end lighting system failed. They had no idea what the issue was, so it took a few days to figure that out. Then, they had no replacement part, and no estimated time for when one would be received. Communication was awful and we had to beg for updates.

Finally, my husband called Audi USA after multiple different stories from the service department, and told them if this is how this was going to be we wanted to get rid of the car. Magically, the light bar showed up to the body shop the next day! Had the car back two weeks, and someone rear ended me while sitting at a light. Not horrible damage, but not trivial either. Again, no freaking parts to fix the car, and no idea of when they might have any. Again, begging everyone for information and getting the run around.

Another call to Audi USA and still no parts (they were able to find a few, but there are still several outstanding with no ETA). The car has been sitting at the body shop now since 2/13/20, and there is no end in sight. How, how do you sell a car and not have the appropriate parts to fix it??? No communication, no apologies for how awful the whole situation is. Basically, just a "your out of luck " attitude. Several people at my child's school have asked me about the car, and I have given them every awful detail, and have persuaded several to look for something, anything else!!!!

So, I am now paying close to $1000 for an electric car that I can't drive and likely won't for a minimum of 3 months, and have the pleasure of driving a rental that I am filling with gas pretty much negating the point of the electric car. Thanks, Audi for literally the most awful service I have ever had the displeasure of paying for. Let me leave you with a wonderful piece of advice a college professor gave me in the event anyone from Audi reads this, "Proper prior planning prevents poor performance."

Original review: Feb. 28, 2020

Do your research before buying any Audi. It is always a headache when things go wrong, but it is unacceptable when Audi America blames loyal customers for Audi's poor engine performance. While driving on a dark 2 lane highway in Vermont our Audi engine seized without warning. My college-age son waited alone for 5 hours before getting towed 40 miles to the nearest Audi service center. The following Monday Audi service shared the news that the engine had metal shavings in it, total engine failure. The car has 61,000 miles on it and had been well maintained.

With service records in hand we took the case to Audi for review. Audi conducted a sloppy investigation and ultimately let us know that we were out of Warranty. Also, they pointed to a policy where they claim only Audi can service the car. When asked to produce the "policy" and to fact check the information in the case history, Audi stopped responding. David Weissland President of Audi America was included on all emails and was fully aware of our dilemma. He stood by the customer service resolution. Quotes for a new engine $12,000.00-$14,000.00. My son could have been killed; Audi has shown they do not care. If you have had this happen to you please file a report with NHTSA so that we can hold these criminals accountable.

Audi Company Information