2.32/5
Based on 50 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

541 Audi Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 15, 2018

Worst car ever purchased, I purchased the car (2018 Audi Q5) from Richfield Audi a couple months ago and their staff does not understand the car or know how to fix it. I am unable to lock doors, the hatchback opens by itself, brakes make a rumbling sound. Richfield Audi has no idea what is going on and they don’t care. There are several more issues with car and called their Manager and he was going to have the service department call me and they never did. Previous to this my car was in the Audi garage for a week and only one problem was repaired, PLEASE NEVER BUY AN AUDI.

Original review: June 14, 2018

I bought a used A3 Quattro with 2800 miles in 2015. The car handles and drives very well but only if it is not in the shop. I have about 69K miles and have already had a water pump failure at 55K and now have a Gear Shift Lever Assembly issue. At about 65K the car started giving me an electronic malfunction warning and told me to stop, place the car in park and call service. I had it diagnosed to this assembly and have been told the repair is about $1700. I thought the days of poor reliability were over. I guess not! This vehicle has engineered obsolescence and is only good for the 50K warranty. I advise not buying the A3.

Get expert buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 20, 2018

I purchased my Audi S7 as a CPO at 49000 miles. The moment I received the car I noticed it had unusual shifting between 1st and 2nd gear, and how it behaves with just stop and go movement. It would be worst in stop and go traffic where the transmission would make a clunky noise and could be felt under the floor. So far they’ve updated ECM and Transmission Software, replaced Mechatronics, replaced multiple motor mounts and control arms ball joints etc, replaced weeping coolant and transmission fluid lines... and after being the 6th week in the shop currently they will replace the Dual Clutch and hope this solves the problem.

This has already been my 4th time in the shop and the car has now spent over 60 days in the shop for the same issue. I’m even hesitant to take the car back anymore knowing how hard it was to battle a transmission problem from the start. It’s unfortunate all Techs only look for Fault Codes on a Computer when the problem can be a caused by a mechanical failure. At the end of the day, it’s not a shop foreman’s car, and he will never feel what you feel with the vehicle.

Original review: May 18, 2018

I own an Audi A4 Quattro that with less than 60.000 miles started with a metallic sound from the front wheels, it turned out that the bearings had to be replaced... I had a extended warranty which Audi refused to honor. It is very disturbing that a company that is so proud of their 4-wheel drive would have such premature problems with their wheel bearings. To add insult to injury, the dealer had not updated the history of the car with the repairs done, the brand said there must have been "internet problems". To me, it seems like a deliberate effort to hide problems that may affect other owner, which is the reason I am posting this complaint to ConsumerAffairs.

Original review: May 17, 2018

2011 Audi Q5 - Really disappointed with this car. The oil consumption is crazy and because I started to have issues with the consumption after 2015 but even though the class action lawsuit was settled, I am now not qualified to get my oil issue fixed because I am past the date and the mileage is over 80,000. Really disappointed that Audi is handling these cases so poorly even though it is clearly their manufacturing error! Horrible customer service.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Audi?

Original review: May 11, 2018

Repeated issues with carbon build-up which turns the engine indicator light on. Audi has cleaned the valves previously, at no charge to us acknowledging this problem and that it will likely recur. It has recurred, but now they want $1300 to remove the engine for a thorough cleaning. 2009 was the first year for the Q5 and a fair solution would be to recall this car or take care of the cost for this recurring problem. Audi has declined any further assistance. We will never purchase an Audi again.

Original review: May 11, 2018

I have a 2012 Q7 with 125000 on the clock. I must say this is one of the most reliable and enjoyable vehicles I have owned. It never breaks down and just requires regular maintenance. As for people complaining about noisy brakes I find this only occurs if the pads are not properly bedded. As other posters said they are unwilling to do 5 or 6 fast stops from 60 mph to 20 in succession on a deserted road. If they did this as recommended by the Audi dealer this would bed the brake pads properly. This vehicle has high performance brakes not your cheap brakes found on most cars. I am so satisfied with Audi we replaced our Volvo with another Audi. When the time comes to replace the Q7 I will be getting another Audi.

Original review: May 9, 2018

My wife loves this 2012 A4. We bought it new in 2012. It's great looking (black on black), drives well and has plenty of room plus it's a manual transmission model, a requirement for her. Issues include a weird bug in the emissions control system which causes the engine check light to come on intermittently when she fills it up with gas and a finicky air flow meter which needs cleaning frequently. It's been in the shop four times for the intermittent check engine light with a lot of expense and no result. We just live with it. Another annoyance are the constant Emails and Snail mails we received advising us to trade the car in on a new one from Audi.

The trade in offers were well below Kelly blue book trade in value and wouldn't stop coming although I continuously asked the senders to cease sending them. Also, Audi no longer provides a manual transmission so the offer is pretty much moot to begin with. Last, the service costs are way to high even in the warranty period and the only people that can turn off the maintenance reminder is the dealership. In conclusion, it's great looking and driving car with a dubious fuel delivery system and really poor support from the dealership and Audi of North America.

Original review: May 2, 2018

The styling of the Audi is incomparable, is definitely not a BMW and definitely not a Mercedes, it has its own niche in the market and it’s just beautiful. I finally found a car brand I love!! I will buy another Audi.

Original review: April 29, 2018

Audi handled great. Good gas mileage. Fuel economy opt and looks good. I used a 2017 for about a month. Hated to give it up. Looks like a luxury sedan handles like a sports car. Very roomy.

Original review: April 28, 2018

The Audi A6 is a great vehicle to drive and it's fantastic on the road. I have driven it to Tucson, Dallas, Oklahoma City and Naples, FL and it handles very nice.

Original review: April 27, 2018

I love the Audi Q5 performance and options (Prestige S-Line, 3.0l) but if you’re concern with mpg, fuel grade options, or a low maintenance, search for another vehicle.

Original review: April 26, 2018

I have owned several German autos... BMW, Mercedes and Audi. Of the three brands, the Audi Q5 Premium Plus (2010) has been the best by far! The only problem has been with the emissions system fouling due to the direct fuel injection; a problem common to many current brands. Audi's service has been excellent in correcting any and all problems! My biggest complaint is the cost of replacement parts... extremely high ($53.00 for a plastic visor clip)!

Original review: April 25, 2018

The 2018 Audi Q7 is quite possibly the best car on the road today. It is very solidly built, extremely quiet and comfortable, and handles like a sports car in highway traffic: no sway during quick lane-changes, is not prone to over-control. The 3.0 Quattro provides tremendous power despite the car's size and weight. Plus, the 18-inch wheels provide the driver a great view of traffic ahead, a big advantage when anticipating slow-downs and congestion. A pure pleasure to drive.

Original review: April 18, 2018

I have a 2015 Audi A3. I am the only owner of the car. It has 42k. Last week while driving to work, I felt a weird shake, at first I thought I had a flat tire. But I quickly realized that I wasn't that lucky. (insert sad face emoji here). The check engine and EPC (I may have those letters wrong) lights were on. Long story short the car was flatbed towed to the dealership. They gave me a loaner (Q3) and I was on my way. Later that day, they called and said my car had a bad fuel injector. They ordered the part and said my car would be repaired the next day. The next day, I was called and told that while replacing the fuel injector, they discovered that a piston had "exploded"! They called it a catastrophic engine failure. That is still a little hard to digest. Fortunately, my car is still under warranty. Audi is replacing my whole engine. I own another Audi and I am a fan of the brand. I will comment again when I get my car back, sometime this week. Hopefully, I will be happy.

Original review: April 18, 2018

The technology in the Audi A4 sedan is complicated and not user friendly. The manual is not helpful either. It is a great ride but it uses premium gas which is a pain. I bought it because it is highly rated in crash tests. I have only owned it 8 months so I don't know how it's long term durability will be but it is rated highly in this area.

Original review: April 17, 2018

I purchased the Audi Allroad 2001 in 2006 w/ 56,000 for 21,000. At 1st people took advantage for any type of repairs. Now I have someone honest. Car runs great w/ 160,000 mi. Self leveling suspension works great, no more bag problems and engine is strong. This is a luxury car in & out.

Original review: April 10, 2018

In 2014 I had purchased a 2006 Audi A3 with 30,000 miles, with a clean title. It was great for the first year or so and once it hit 60,000 miles, I had absolutely nothing but problems. Around 60,000 miles, I was on the expressway, and my car started to jolt back and forth, that ended up being because the fuel rail sensor went bad. A couple thousand miles later, my alternator goes bad, without any warning, leaving me stranded. Shortly thereafter, I was on my way to class and I had a severe cylinder misfire. Mind you, this is all within less than a year's time.

After all of those issues were fixed, I thought everything that could have possibly broken was fixed. Next thing you know, my A/C is now only blowing cold air when I'm going 80 MPH down the expressway and blowing hot air when it's idling or going slower than 80. I also got my car scanned to see why the check engine light turned on again, and it turns out that I have another two cylinder misfires and my fuel pump is going bad. This car only has 70,000 miles on it and has had more problems than I ever imagined. I am beyond disappointed in Audi and the quality of their vehicles and how unreliable they are. I will most definitely not be purchasing another Audi or any German car for that matter.

Original review: April 8, 2018

I own a 2014 Audi Q7 TDI and was forced to bring my car in for the diesel gate emissions "fix." My car is ruined and unsafe to drive! I was promised a slight reduction in power and possible loss of 1-2mpg. I am down 4-5 mpg and over 10 mpg while towing a trailer. Car no longer has any mid-range power so I can no longer tow my trailer safely. Audi/VW deliberately understated the changes resulting from the emissions modifications from the diesel gate scandal. Anyone who owns a diesel VW/Audi resist from enrolling in the "fix". It will ruin your car! The fix is a bigger lie than the original diesel scandal! VW/Audi point the finger at the judge and refuse to even diagnose the car.

Original review: March 26, 2018

Overall, my husband and I have been very satisfied with the Audi vehicles we've purchased or leased since 2016. We've owned/leased a 2017 A4, 2017 Q5, 2018 SQ5 and 2018 Q5. Unfortunately, what is very disappointing is Audi's lack of customer support or loyalty. A few months ago, my husband unexpectedly passed away leaving me with two leased Audis. Understanding that we did enter into leases with strict lease conditions on these two cars, given my personal situation and that my husband and I had a good history with Audi, I still wanted to see if Audi could help me in any way as I couldn't keep 2 leased vehicles under the present circumstances.

I had heard that some car companies are very helpful when a lease holder becomes deceased. Ends up Audi is not one of those car companies and they were of absolutely no help. The dealer told me they couldn't do anything and to talk to Audi Financial as they owned the leases. Audi Financial told me I could turn in one of the cars but I'd still have to make the payments and that I should go back and talk to the dealer to see if they would purchase the car back. Long story short, I ended up buying out one of the cars and selling it through a car broker (at a loss but at least I no longer have to make the car payments), and will continue to lease the other car until the lease expires. At that time I will purchase something different as I am very disappointed in Audi's lack of customer support or loyalty.

Original review: March 24, 2018

Hello car friends, well I am here to share my experience with Audi cars. I warn you this is not going to be a good review. My first experience with a Audi was a A-6 year of 2008. The electronic problems were non stop from windows to internal lights to the motor engine lights going bad in my car seat to my power window motor failing to my radio not shutting off which yes eventually drained my battery and left me stranded. This all happen with my car just being 3 yrs old. I can’t stress enough how unreliable Audi cars can be. There is more, my timing chain, starter also went bad all within 80,000 miles. I decided to sell the car and upgrade to a Q-5. What a huge mistake this decision was as well.

My repairs on my Q-5 2013 have been even more of a headache. I noticed there are other reviews on here with other cars burning oil. Well I’m also a victim as well of the car burning oil with just 70,000 miles on the car. Thankfully it was under warranty but what a nightmare of experience. The dealership had my car for 3 weeks. The dealership is in upper saddle river NJ. This happen in the summer of 2017. Fast forward to just 2 weeks ago 03-19-2018 the car just skip timing I’ve been told the car is beyond repair and requires a new engine with just 110,000 miles that’s right a new engine. Thankfully I purchased the extended warranty. I can’t wait to get my car back. It’s going for sale immediately! Audi needs to stop worrying about the look of the car and focus on the soul of the car. I’ll never buy a Audi again!!!

Original review: March 17, 2018

I have been a proud owner of an Audi Q5, 2014 model from the fall of 2013 until 4 months ago when the “add oil” light turned on for the first time. Since then the light turns on every 2,000 – 2,500 km, more or less. My husband brought the car into the Audi Dealership in London, Ontario, Canada (the same dealership we bought the car from). After multiple investigations, we have been told this is something normal for this type of engine (Turbo 2.0L). Both my husband and I are Mechanical Engineers, car owners and avid car users and we’ve never seen or heard about this kind of “normality” with any other car we’ve owned (or not owned).

Because the experts from the Audi dealership reassured us that “that’s the norm”, we decided to dig a little bit deeper and figure it out for ourselves. What we found out did frighten us indeed! The issue has been existent in 2009 to 2012 models, after many, many complaints a lawsuit has been issued and won by the Audi car owners. The problem they were having was identical with the one we are having. This proves that this isn’t the norm, it is a huge issue not resolved by Audi and the problem still exists. However, our request to be treated in the same way has been denied by the London Audi Dealership.

This being said I am not very concerned about the increased cost of the oil (I could start adding the oil every time I fill up the tank with gas lol), however we don’t even need to be mechanically inclined to figure out that in not too long of a time the engine will completely fail. That’s going to be a very costly repair for an issue that wasn’t provoked by us, but it has been grandfathered through a bad design that perpetuates from one model year to another and very well hidden by the dealerships from the eyes and knowledge of the pranked customers (on their own big bucks, of course, not mentioning about the huge safety hazard they are being exposed to by being lied about the real performance of the car).

I asked the Audi dealership, as well as their customer service representatives to put themselves in my shoes. I thought I was commuting to my place of work using a safe and reliable car, an Audi Q5, one of the best and safest SUV in the world as per all the advertising I’ve seen everywhere, just to find out that anytime its engine could die due to the continuous increase of oil leakage. I have been driving with the Damocles' sword above my head since the “add oil” light turned off for the first time. I paid a full year salary on this car just to make sure I am SAFE. Beside scrapping it and buying another car (not an Audi, of course), what something else should I do?

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

I save my hard earn money for 5 years to be able to put a down payment on my Dream 2017 Audi Q7... I was so excited. I dotted all my i's and crossed all my t’s just to end up with a Lemon. :( I did research on my Audi truck before purchasing it and when the time came as a single mother I was so excited to finally for the 1st time purchase me a brand new truck with only 3 miles on it...

This new Truck quickly went from Dream truck to nightmare truck. :( About a month after I bought my new truck I was hearing a squeak from my breaks. I immediately called the dealership and they told me that was Audi new braking system and with a lil more wear & tear on my truck it would go away. But it never did. :( 3 months later I took my truck to Audi dealership because the squeak From my breaks got louder to the point when I leave for work @5 am my Neighbors could hear me which was so embarrassing as a 1st time new proud car owner... (I’ve had 5 used vehicles in my life all which were a piece of crap always need’n work... I thought my dream Audi truck would be different.)

So when I took my truck to Audi they acknowledged that they can hear what I'm hearing But at this time there’s nothing that could be done because their system is not showing nothing mechanical is wrong with my truck. So I’m like, "You hear this loud ** noise But you're gonna stand here in my face and tell me nothing can be done at this time to keep putting wear and tear on my new Q7 and it will go away?" And Audi was like "YES".

On another occasions I called and complain that the noise is even louder and someone in the service department told me the next time I drive my 2017 Audi Q7 put some speed behind driving then hit breaks real hard and that should fix the problem. "Uhhh," I said, "that don’t seem safe." I was pissed and felt like I had been had by this premiums upscale car company. So I call corporate and again to my surprise They ask me, "What did the dealership say when you took it in?" And in so many words the lady says, "We can’t do nothing about your truck unless the dealership says it’s a problem." I couldn't believe my ears. I was so hurt. I felt like I was dealing with a slick talking used car salesman.

So my complaints and taking my trucks back to different Audis hoping to get this problem fix went on till right now as I write this complaint. And I have yet to still get anyone at Audi to do anything to fix my problem. It's like I NEVER had a brand new vehicle because from the beginning It was a problem... My prayer is that someone learn from my mistake in putting your trust in where I bought my brand new 2017 Audi Q7 and where I’ve communicate with them about this noise on numerous occasions. Audi Financial located 2490 Skokie Valley Rd Highland Pk, IL 60035. I’ve also complained and Have taking my Truck on a few occasions to Audi Orland Pk 8021 159tg St Tinely Pk, Il 60477.

As a single mother you hear all the time about how salesmen and dealerships take advantage of women and I do feel like that’s what's happening to me. When I’ve spoken to my Pastor, friends or co-workers about this issue I'm having with my truck everyone is shock that Audi is treating me and my truck situation like they Have over this year. My Pastor told me, "It’s not that something went wrong with your vehicle. That’s the big thing. It’s how you're being treated about the whole thing... with no respect or not standing behind Audi name." I will continue to write letters & complain about Audi till someone Listens and helps me... Thank you for your time.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2017

I would love to share my THE MOST HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE EVER!!! Of buying the car! I bought a new AUDI Q3 2018 from Audi North Miami Beach! A month ago! I always wanted Audi and was focused on that model for a long time before. So finally I collected my last funds and went to the Dealership! First and foremost from the minute I came to the dealership my experience was completely disappointed! First of all the personnel are non-educated and absolutely lost in knowing their product at all! But the most horrible was that in 3 weeks after buying the car I went to pick up my registration sticker to the Dealer. I parked my brand new car Q3 in the parking spot of the Dealer. In 15 minutes after when I came picked it up and got back to the car I was sooo negative surprised that my amazing brand new car was crashed! Right on the Audi parking spot!

Of course I was claimed that fact... They tried to cover that fact! I was remembering that and the next day after I called Dealership and let them know that my car was crushed on their territory! Manager was completely indifferent of helping me to solve that issue! He was aggressive and try to defend himself. Now that car will be in the Carfax! And not by my fault at all! I hope I can prevent many people. Do not have any BUSINESS with awful!!! Dealership in the world ever! I would NEVER EVER!!! RECOMMEND NO ONE TO BUY THE CAR FROM THIS DEALERSHIP! BE AWARE PEOPLE!

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

I bought a brand new 2018 Audi Q5 thinking it as my "dream car". It brought such a dismay & disappointment within a few days of buying with lots of problems popping up every day. Problems seen and fixed: 1. There was this squeaking noise from the back: Fixed after two visits and I had show them where the problem was happening. 2. The backlights not working. SUV in the garage currently to address this problem as on 12/06/2017. 3. Window regulator gone bad. Replaced and FIXED it. 4. Auto sense start & stop feature not working if the AC is ON. - Still not fixed as on 12/06/2017. SUV is with the dealers regarding this issue. 5. Numerous minute scratches all over the car the day it was bought. I was so disheartened seeing the scratches.

All these complaint were taken to the dealer & The Audi North America too. After explaining the problems the service providers were not able to even figure out the problems. I had to go twice to explain them over & over. The dealers are still trying to figure out the solutions for some issues. I have already visited the dealer at least 6-7 times & right now my car is still in the garage since 2 weeks. The Audi USA are of no help. They took 2 months to respond to my case & said that the dealer would take care of it.

And the car is still in the garage as I write this review. My Only question after buying brand new car are: 1. Why should I undergo this mess and waste of time/energy after buying a BRAND NEW CAR. 2. How come AUDI has not done any quality control before delivering the car. 3. How can they deliver a car like this to the customers and then have the customer go over this pain, distress and frustration. 4. Why should I visit dealers again and again to leave the BRAND NEW SUV for repairs after paying full price to buy the vehicle.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2017

2012 Audi S4 with NGY transmission (TSB issued by Audi). Vehicle has 69,000 miles. Driving in morning traffic and vehicle stops accelerating and all electronics go dead. Sitting in the middle of the freeway trying to get vehicle functioning. Restart it and vehicle flashes gearbox malfunction and stops accelerating about every mile. Not a fun experience on an LA freeway. Audi dealer says it needs a new transmission for $12,000. After the third call to Audi USA and being read the same canned speech the person tells me that it’s my problem and Audi will do nothing to help fix the car. I ask to speak to a manager and I’m told they do not participate in customer direct communications and they will not change the final decision.

My conclusion is that Audi could care less about their customers and their cars are just plain junk. They look and drive nice but are complete electronic and mechanical disasters. This car and my 2012 A6 will be traded in and Audi can plan on me. Doing everything I can to spread the word about their poor customer service and poor quality.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2017

I bought an Audi Q3 and the dealer offered me a 3 years leasing with full prepayment, conditioned to monthly account each payment prepaid. This is not happening and after talk 3 times to dealer, talk to Audi Customer Finance and AUDI USA, they send me one to another one and no solution. I need them to change the way they did the accounting, considering my debt fully paid. Instead, they should account as prepayment and deduct monthly from my debt.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

I leased an Audi A6 and just from the first day the car trembles heavily when I turned it on, and also at low speed it accelerates erratically, took it to the dealer at North Miami and they check the car and states that the car perform like similar vehicles of his class. My second complaint is that braking in high speed is poorly responsive and apparently the brakes are also fine. Called Audi Financial services and if I want to transfer my lease my name have to stay in the lease. I really have to accept I made a huge mistake to switch from my BMW to Audi.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

We had an Audi years ago and wanted to have another one. The Q7 fit our needs. However, it has been a terrible experience. The brakes will not stop squeaking and the dealer says they have relayed the problem to Audi but nothing gets done. 80% of the people who own this car are complaining according to the dealer. The squeaking is so loud that you are embarrassed to drive the car when anyone can hear. It is awful. Please do NOT buy this car. Audi, please listen to your customers. I will stop people on the street and tell everyone not to buy this car.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

I first purchased this vehicle in December 2016. After having the vehicle for a couple of days we noticed that the car jolts forward on the initial start daily. This is a rather aggressive jolt and is not unnoticeable. We contacted the dealership immediately and they stated that it was likely because it was cold outside. Of course come spring the issue remains and we take the vehicle in for service. The dealership claimed to have re-calibrated the transmission and sent the car home. There was no change and the issue remained. Long story short they eventually replaced the transmission and yet the problem remains. The dealership is stumped and claim that they have switched the parts with another Q5 and it also has the issue so the problem is now common to most Q5's so there is nothing wrong with the vehicle and I should come pick it up. Unsatisfied with this response I met with the sales guy who originally sold the vehicle.

There is now depreciation on the vehicle and I would be at a loss of $12,000 if I opted to trade the car in. I contacted Audi Canada who "investigated" the complaint and are now siding with the dealership that this is common with Q5's. There is nothing to be done!! I could of course contact another dealership to see if they had other suggestions... huh?? This is of course after Audi Canada has spent almost $20,000 to "repair" the problem. One would think that they would have all known it was a common problem before spending all this time and money. Be forewarned anyone looking to purchase a Q5 - this is a common issue that can't be rectified so if you don't enjoy a sudden jolt each day you start your car you might want to stay clear of this purchase.

Audi Company Information