Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty
3.67/5

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

589 Audi Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 28, 2018

I love the Audi A3. It has superb handling and has unbelievable acceleration for its price. It also has 4-wheel drive since we got the Quattro and it is reassuring. Its cabin is attractive and we both adore our driving position. We like its safety features, and has a quiet but extremely responsive engine. It is completely fun to drive.

I would have preferred even more safety features such as automated braking in emergencies. Nevertheless, we would buy another Audi in a heartbeat because we have been won over with this experience.

Original review: June 24, 2018

Audi q3 is very good. But, some technology features missing. It drove well and the turn radius and acceleration was excellent on the vehicle. The Audi is built to last mileage-wise with less issues than the other car brands. I like its performance of drive and quality of build/Longevity. The outside look of the vehicle and how it drove over railroad tracks and potholes was significantly different than the other cars I test drove. However, there is no back-up camera, no navigation, media went in and out. For the price you pay for the car, you would think these items come standard as they do in less prestigious brands such as Honda, Ford, and Chevy.

Get expert buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 22, 2018

I found the Audi Q5 to be a very attractive car compared to other models that I had reviewed. It has a lot of features that I wanted in a car and the price was within my budget. I chose the Audi because of safety ratings that it has, it rides great and it had most of the features that I wanted. The car has GPS, which comes in handy often. It has WiFi and drives smoothly to be an SUV. The SUV has lots of power and acceleration is great. I enjoy the fact that it has Bluetooth and Sirius Radio as well as heated and vented seats. However, it does not have a convenient USB port and the GPS system took some time to program. I would change the location of the cup holders. I find it awkward to drive and use my cup holder because of where it's located. I also wish I had steering wheel heater and that it had the in dash readout. But overall the Audi Q5 is a great car.

Original review: May 3, 2019

I leased an Audi A6 and turned it in one month early pull ahead lease for S5. Don’t get me wrong I love the actual car but the service has been a nightmare. Charging me so much money 5 months after I turned the car in. Trying to charge for excise tax that I paid but they applied to the actual car payments. In doing so when I did pull ahead deal instead of it looking like I had a car payment left it looked like I owed excise tax. After many calls and hours of my life I’ll never get back they acted like they figured it out. I made a pay off turn in settlement for the extra miles and thought it was over. Then I get a bill for excise tax in the mail.

When I try to explain to the specific department they tell me they just received this bill from my city. I called the clerk's office and they told me the excise tax for the A6 was sent in April 2018 and they are trying to make me pay it in April 2019. They lied over and over and after making the previous settlement and really still trying to collect excise tax I already paid them. Now I have to spend all kinds of time trying to get this dealt with, and no one will just make good on it. I was told BMW service is phenomenal... And I honestly wish I leased with someone else. Lesson learned... Never again.

Original review: April 28, 2019

I have been attempting to use the Audi US website (as well as Audi's global website) for over 3 hours as of 3:55 PM US Eastern Time on 28 April 2019. Audi - whether at their US or audi.com (global) website provides no way to contact Audi - whether by phone, by chat or by email and whether at their global or US websites to deal with this issue. I was trying to start the purchase of an Audi. So as to German competitors to Audi - both the BMW and Mercedes websites work perfectly and responsively. Given this experience, I will not be purchasing an Audi/Volkswagen/Porches for my new care, which I will buy in 2019. What a sad state of affairs for a global company, which has violated pollution control laws in the very recent past in the EU, USA and possibly elsewhere.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Audi?

Original review: April 18, 2019

The transition to myAudi has been poorly managed in general. "myAudi" promises lots of power, but delivers very little. The system is cumbersome to set up and software problems abound. The myAudi help desk is anemic. I've been exchanging calls and messages for weeks, but have not received basic support. I mistakenly assumed that I would receive premium service to match the premium price paid for the vehicle.

Original review: April 9, 2019

I purchased a new 2019 A8 - and there is a problem with the software on the engine control module. This leads to misfires and power loss - and Audi has no fix for the issue (they are suggesting a software update will be coming in 9 months). How can you sell a $95k car and not stand behind it - just a joke - Audi should be ashamed.

Original review: April 4, 2019

Back in 2017, car had EPC light illuminated, would lose power while driving, would idle roughly and then not turn on. Had it towed to Audi Honolulu. Found electrical wiring burning through to the gas tank (could've blown up) and so they replaced the gas tank and the wiring at their "goodwill" more like to save a lawsuit. Anyways April 2019 now, same issues with EPC light, idling and losing power then it not turning it on. Got it towed to Audi El Paso. Apparently, cylinder 1 and 2 in the engine are at 0 psi compression and we need a new engine.

Mind you every service has been done at an Audi dealership and its only got 60,000 miles on it. Told they wont be covering any costs and told by Henry at Audi El Paso he wont even provide a loaner vehicle unless we agree to pay $10-13k for a new engine. What a joke. My thing is why wasn't this issue found in 2017 when the car had the exact same issues? It's their job to fix the car right. I am going to be taking my claim further until I get results. Googling the same car and I see so many people with the same issues. When will Audi take customers seriously? Makes you wonder how many Audis are a safety hazard driving around and could blow up any second. My families safety comes first and it should come first for Audi too.

Original review: March 21, 2019

Hi all. I own an Audi A5 2013, 1.8 TFSI Coupe, I bought this car as a second hand (used) from Trade Centre UK in Wednesbury. I thought "what a great car..." Test drive it. Liked it. Bought it. Few months later it went on limbo mode just like that. All of the sudden. No warnings. Nothing. Took it to an RAC approved garage (when I bought the car I was recommended to buy the premium RAC warranty which you have to pay 41.50 UK pounds per month for 3 years) and they told me that they had to replace a part that has to do with the a/c of the car (air conditioning) which cost them £1000. Then few months later one of my injectors went bad so I had to take it to an RAC approved garage again for them to fix it, when that was done and I got my car back all of the sudden the EPC light came on with the traction control on the dashboard. I thought FFS. This is some sort of a joke...

Took it to a garage again, my mechanic had to replace a part that he thought would fix the car which it didn't so when he reported the problem to me he also said that he thinks it could be the control module unit of the car which is the brain of the car. Apparently, it was flooded with water, somehow the when it rains the water makes it way to the ECU but when he hired an electrician the electrician said that there was nothing wrong with the ECU so I thought great. At least I don't have to pay money from my own pocket to get it replaced because apparently the ECU is not covered under the premium RAC warranty.

The electrician told my mechanic that the part he ordered and got it replaced it was faulty so my mechanic contacted the VW (Volkswagen) people (because that's where he ordered it from) and asked for another one. So he installed it and still the problem wasn't fixed so he called me and explained to me what happened and now he had to call out an Audi expert. That was few days ago.

When I called my mechanic today to ask him for an update on my car, he said that the Audi expert said that there is a fault in the ECU and that he is trying to find a cost effective way to fix it instead of replacing the whole thing, I feel like my mechanic had my car more than what I did. I been in and out from garages for a good 2 months and still going. I would not recommend this car to anyone and it's a huge disappointment also worth me ruining that the fuel consumption is really bad I have to top up my car fuel £65 every 2 weeks and I mostly travel back and forth from work to home for 5 days sometimes 4 days a week, 10 minutes to drive to work and 10 minutes to drive back home. I wonder what will be next.

Original review: March 18, 2019

In March of 2017, I walked into the Audi Mission Viejo, California dealership to have a minor repair on my leased 2014, A8. They said it would take 15-20 minutes so I took the time to look at the new A8 cars that were available. Jon, the salesman came up to me and asked if he could help – I said I was just looking because my lease doesn’t come due for another 2 months. He said, “How would you like to save a couple hundred dollars per month and get a new one today”. My first question was what happens to the old lease where there are 2 more payments due. He said that those payments would be wrapped into the new lease and even then, I would save a couple hundred dollars per month.

I explained that this would be the only way I would be interested in getting a new car that day because I was actually thinking of other less expensive cars and wasn’t particularly happy with the service I had received from Audi during the current lease. Enticed by the offer, I ended up picking out a new 2017 A8, and before I left, I realized that I wasn’t even coming close to a couple hundred-dollar savings, in fact the payment was about $60 less. I just accepted this considering that they took back the other car with still two months of payments. He also told me that even if there was some minor wear and tear Audi waives that when you are leasing a new car and “staying part of the family”.

Fast forward 2 years and my wife and I are moving to a new home. We are getting a mortgage and something shows up on my credit which is 820 on the FICO scale. I’m told by the bank that I need to do a conference call with Audi and an outside credit company that deals with these situations. During the call, I am told by Edgar at Audi that I still owe $3,236.74 from the 2015 lease. He explained that the amount due was because Audi took a loss when they sold the car, excess wear and tear, and lease payments that were still due. I pointed out to him that I have never seen one single bill via mail or any other form in two years.

Also, while I was speaking to him, I checked my online account with Audi which showed all past and current leases and nothing showed there either. He agreed that this is a problem and I should contact my dealer and Audi of America. He also said that this does not show on my credit as something that is outstanding but then, when I pointed out that is why we are having this call, he said that should never had/have an effect on my credit. What am I supposed to do, call Audi every time I need a loan and have my credit checked? I will NEVER have anything to do with Audi or any company affiliated with Audi, they are as crooked as they come.

Oh, and by the way, on another subject that you as a consumer should be aware of, several months ago I asked for a copy of the lease for my wife’s 2015 Q7, they ended up sending someone else’s credit application which had a lot of personal information like social security number, DOB, where they work, how much they make, etc. When I called back to let them know, they made the same mistake and sent me yet again someone else’s information. Third try, I finally got a copy of my lease. Bad business is the best I can say for Audi!

Audi Company Information