Save on Car Repairs

Save on Car Repairs

With the Best Extended Warranty

Compare Quotes

163 America's CAR-MART Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 10, 2019

I went to purchase a vehicle on Monday. Marvin ** was the sale associate that worked with me. He was very helpful, patient, considerate, understanding, he had great customer service, and he was very informative! My experience was very pleasant because of him!

Original review: April 9, 2019

Corsicana, TX -- This place treated my husband and I like we are untrustworthy and incompetent, because we needed to set a payment arrangement to pay our bill 5 days late due to some expensive, unexpected bills that came up. We have not had a single late payment in over two years and have even fully purchased a car and are paying for a 2nd one.

We have also referred others to purchase their vehicles here! They interrogated us and said they need receipts, invoices or any type of documentation to prove why we can't pay our bill exactly on time this one time. I would understand this if we were frequently delinquent on our account, but we are loyal, paying customers who have paid CarMart thousands of dollars. What we thought would be a simple process turned into a huge hassle that kept us held up at the lot. It is a horrible experience, and I guarantee we will not spend our money here again, once I finish paying off this car.

Get expert buying tips about Car Dealers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 7, 2019

When my vehicle was purchased, the driver seat motor was out and Josh had promised to fix it. He tried his hardest to find a new seat and in the meantime, I had moved to Missouri. I called Josh several months later to let him know I was coming to town and he asked when and I told him and it just so happened to be on a Saturday that he was off, he met me at the dealership and replaced the motor himself on his day off!!! Thanks Josh!!!

Original review: March 15, 2019

I have proof I am within my warranty but am being told I’m over. Please someone help me. I have the mileage on my car now and the mileage where it was when I purchased it. I was first told I was over by 77 miles but I have found out I am under. I contacted corporate only to tell me I needed to speak with the general manager which is the one saying I’m over. If I was I would understand but I am not.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

I would like to say that CAR-MART is great. I've has nothing but great experiences and MS Ashley and Steven are the greatest but above all everyone is very kind and always willing to accommodate and make things easy.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about America's CAR-MART?

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

I was approved for a great car at a great price with a low down payment. DEVIN was absolutely great and did everything in his power to see me drive away in the car I wanted. Thanks Carmart of Russellville. One more happy driver.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

Sold me a car that was completely rusted out underneath. It turns out, this car was from New Jersey. It was damaged by all the road salt they use up north. Then they tried to hide the rust by painting the bottom of the sides.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

I volunteer to give up my car because I lost my job and could not pay for it. I was out of town on a medical emergency and all they kept doing was calling me and calling me. I stopped answering their call due to financial reasons. The car I had for about a month and the engine blew. I would never recommend anybody going to Car Mart in Clarksville, Tennessee. At this point I don't care what they do. I just want them to leave me alone. They will never get another dime out of me. They say they have a warranty but the car blew up right after the warranty expired. Sound fishy to me. So people avoid the Car Mart period. We need to boycott them and make them go out of business. Cause they are only out to screw people over.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2019

I bought a 07 Dodge Ram on July 10 2018. After I drove it home from Muskogee to Okmulgee it was 2 quarts low on oil. I took the truck back 6 times for oil leak. They finally put another motor in it which took a month to put in. When I took the truck in the last time I had 168860 miles on it but when I got it back it had 170000 miles on it plus I found a rental agreement in my truck for Dec 8 from a Jason ** from Carlos Auto. Make sure you write your mileage down before leaving your car to be fixed.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

If I could give this company a NEGATIVE anything I but those are not the options here. I was really trying to get a car at the last minute and in a hurry and that's my fault. CAR-MART is not the way to go... When I drove off the lot... some AGB light came on, all of a sudden I couldn't pull up my seat anymore, and there were other problems underneath my hood that I didn't even know the name of. I reported these problems and they kept my car for a total of 2 weeks and I still had to make the payments along with the deductible. Along with this... there was a different general manager every couple of months and people getting fired from left to right. Overall I was not satisfied. This car lot gave me so much anxiety and just stressing me out mentally and emotionally. Never Again. Please don't do business with this company.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

First car I received was a good car. Started my own business, needed a bigger one. Went in, traded my car, first one I looked at went in the shop before I even signed paperwork and it stayed in the shop for 3 weeks. Told them I wanted something else because this was supposed to be something for me to be able to do my job! Found another one and I haven't driven it 2 weeks, it's in the shop, actually back in the shop! I was told the issue with it was fixed but it won't go out of first gear. My payments are 315.00 every two weeks for a car I haven't had even two weeks.

Now I'm being told I still have to make car payments on a vehicle I don't have. Customer service is very poor and just today I spoke to a manager just to be told "Sorry, we will put it back in the shop"! I need the car I'm paying for!!! But they want that money. Piss poor. They need to be shut down. I don't work this hard to be in this situation. Still have to make a payment, won't put me in something else, nothing. Worst experience ever!!!

Original review: Aug. 18, 2018

I bought two cars from here. The first one was a 2002 Mustang which was awesome and JD was the general manager at that time. He was amazing and always helped me through difficult times. I had to trade that car in and I got a 2010 Hyundai Sonata. Granted the employee who I dealt with was disgruntled and stole the fob keys and I was stuck with no way to lock my car. Long story short, the alarm had to be disabled by unhooking the battery. So for over a year, I couldn't lock my car. The tires were sprayed with Armor All to make them look new and before I decided to just do a voluntary repossession, the CV joints, and rotors were extremely bad and I was told they had been bad for a long time.

So long story short, they sold me this unsafe car, would not fix anything and it was unsafe to drive. I went to a different car lot and explained my situation and was financed a way better car. I called Car-Mart a few times and told them to take the car and told them where it's parked. They ignored this and called my job three or four times a day, came to my house and called my cell I don't know how many times a day. This is illegal and harassment to my understanding! The new manager is rude and shows no empathy at all because I told him why I missed a payment and he made me feel like I was a irresponsible child when I was going through a legal matter in which he didn't care.

He basically told me I better pay what I owe or my account manager will be repoing the car herself. He was very rude and upset me to the point of having an anxiety attack. If you're desperate for a car, go here but you better not miss a payment or they will harass you at your job, your home while you're trying to eat dinner. And their manager, Jacob is the worst. They have lost my business and I will never recommend any of my friends to go there because of their terrible collection practices. If I had my way, I would gather people together and file a class action lawsuit.

Original review: July 27, 2018

I purchased my vehicle in Farmington Missouri. The day I went there I met Shauna **. She rode with me for the test drive. She is definitely an Asset to your company. She has Always been professional, helpful.

Original review: July 23, 2018

I have gotten not one but two vehicles from Carmart. I highly recommend not going through them no matter how desperate need a vehicle. They sell junk verticals that cost more than double the price they are worth. My first truck I got from them was worth maybe 2500. I paid 6000. The truck ran for just under a year then no longer was driveable. The second truck I got was worth 6500 and I have to pay 12000. It ran for 3 weeks before it started having problems. After 6 months it is too undriveable. To try and get them to fix it you have to jump through hoops and pay out more money and at the end they won't fix it anyways. If you want to be in greater debt than you started and have no vehicle Carmart is the place to go.

Original review: June 30, 2018

They lie, sell you vehicles that fall apart shortly after purchase. Will not try to fix problems. They said if I paid it down to $2500, I could trade in for something better. Now they say $2000 before I can trade. I pay $400 a month for a car that is falling apart. Better off saving for a downpayment on a new car with cheaper payments.

Original review: June 1, 2018

Everyone has been in a bad spot at some point in time in their life. It just so happens that the two most difficult times in my life when the world was enjoying kicking me while I was down America's CAR-MART in Evansville, IN gave me the benefit of the doubt, not just once but twice. I'm fixing to, instead of paying off this second car through them, I'm going to head in there and trade this Monte in for something with some extra room in it. I enjoy stopping in to see the smiling faces and have never had a negative experience. America's CAR-MART is a godsend, I'm tellin' ya! It was for me, and it could be for you too. Happy 2nd time buyer with this company!

Original review: May 24, 2018

I am a customer of Car-Mart West Memphis, TN. I am on my second vehicle from Car-Mart. Each time I had any problems they were all very helpful. Michelle is the greatest. Destiny and Kathy all came together to help out with everything in order to get me back on track. It's not a bad place to buy a car!!

Original review: March 17, 2018

This is the second time we got our car fixed and it has not been a year yet since I bought it. The first time it was fixed, it took a very long time to get it back. It was perfectly fine because the manager was hands-on on keeping tabs with us. We knew what was going on! The second time was a very bad customer service experience. No credibility. No integrity. No respect. Our has been there for a week now. Last Thursday a certain Chris who is in charge on mechanical services or car repairs called and said it will probably be ready tomorrow because the part will be available on Friday. A simple car part that they apparently ordered at Autozone.

Come Friday, I started calling CarMart and this time asking for Chris. Someone said he was on break and I asked if there was anyone there who knows anything about my case. He said, “No, Ma’am. Only Chris knows.” It was 3 pm and the only one who is in charge about my case DID NOT RETURN ANY OF MY CALLS!

My husband went there and they told him that the part will be delivered at 4:30 pm but the mechanic will clock out at that time because he has an appointment.

They told him it will be done by Saturday. At around, 5:30 someone from CarMart called and did not leave a voicemail. I called back and Christie answered. She said it was noted on my account that my car will be ready on Monday because the part got delivered at 4:30. I got so mad because it was another story. So I told her what my husband was told. She checked and got back to me. She said it will be fixed in the afternoon on Saturday and will be ready by then. I was hopeful. She even confirmed that they are open on Saturdays. And today, Saturday, they told my husband the repair shop is closed.

Original review: March 6, 2018

There should be a law on getting over on people with not so great credit. I purchased a 2002 SUV and I paid on time for 2 years. After the death of my mother in 2016 I got a month behind on payments due to paying for my mother's final expense. They told me to come into the office and make arrangements. They gave me two weeks in which an account representative called me at least 4 to 5 times a day to remind me of my arrangements. After not answering the calls they came to my job and reminded me. I was humiliated to the point where I drove the car to them. Bought another one from Capital Chevrolet.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

I recently bought a 2004 Trailblazer from CarMart. It had almost 200 thousand miles on it and they charged me 8900. They told me at time of purchase that because the car was so old no one would give me more than liability even with a lien so I needed to get the payment protection plan and I would be covered if the car was totaled or stolen. So Monday when I hit black ice and totaled the car by sliding into a tree my first thought was thank God I got the payment protection plan at least.

I immediately called CarMart. They told me to bring them a police report, my insurance info and pictures of the car and they would help me. I took a taxi to the police station and then CarMart and gave them all the info. Then some lady pulls me into an office and shuts the door and tells me, "I'm sorry but our records show you do not have the coverage." I distinctly remember accepting the coverage. My friend was there and she remembers as well. However there is now no record of anything. I would never recommend this place to anyone. My vehicle had major electric issues, the steering was rough, the heat did not work, and more. I have never missed or been late on a payment. They are crooked. They say one thing and do another. They way overcharge for the quality of their vehicles.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

Worst place to ever buy a car. They straight up lie to your face. They promise to fix things and then say they never said it, they only fix part of the problems and don’t actually fix the problem. They just make it driveable the cheapest way possible with no regard for safety or longevity or reliability.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2018

In July 2016 I went to Car-Mart in Paducah KY for a car. I hopefully wanted a good reliable vehicle that got good gas mileage and would get me back and forth to work. Car-Mart says they only sell good reliable dependable and clean vehicles. I was wrongly led to believe that a 2005 Jeep Liberty was a perfect car for my needs. I was told this car was reliable and dependable which of course it was neither. This car's problems: Tire went flat 2 days after I purchased the vehicle (side wall blew out, could not be fixed. $86.62 for a new tire). Spare was flat. Also had a bulge in the sidewall. Battery went dead. Had to be replaced ($62.95). The windshield wiper came completely off on the expressway in the rain ($9.95). The whole time I had this car the only thing Car-Mart cared about was getting their $275.00 every two weeks.

Took the car to a mechanic because the brakes were going all the way to the floor ($89.95 for a new brake line driver’s side). My certified mechanic stated the passenger side brakes were also corroded and were needing to be replaced in less than two weeks. Then he told me the anti-lock. Brakes (type 43) were need to be worked on and only at a dealer cost approximately $1250.00 to fix. Then he handed me a list of things that were leaking in the undercarriage (differential, transmission, oil pan). The list was quite extensive. The car has an electrical problem. OverDrive only works sometimes when you push in the cigarette lighter. The radio CD player doesn't work. It eats CDs. The defroster does not work unless the truck is in motion (rather hard to defog the inside windshield with no defroster). Mirror adjuster on the driver’s side does not work. These are just the problems that I know of, so much for reliable dependable car.

I was told that if I was unhappy with the car I could return it for a different one. When I went in to speak to the manager, Steven, I was told differently. That only applied to the first three days of car ownership. Steven also told me there is no lemon law and the car was purchased as-is and he was going to do absolutely nothing to assist me in repairs and help in any way (very Poor customer service). I would not recommend Car-Mart to anyone for a used car purchase. They don't stand behind their cars, nor offer anything but grief after the purchase. To this date I have paid $4575.00 for this 2005 Jeep Liberty which has a Kelley Blue Book resale price of $1690.00. THE PURCHASE PRICE WAS $10,000.

I was taken advantage of and I hope that this letter makes it to the Kentucky Attorney General and the Better Business Bureau to uncover the fraud this company perpetrates on unsuspecting people. I can no longer afford this vehicle. It is either in the shop or broken down. Not reliable or dependable at all. I also consider this vehicle unsafe to drive as a direct result of these constant repairs and deficiencies.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2017

CAR-MART in Saint Joseph Missouri took me for one hell of a ride in only 2 1/2 months! I will try to keep this Review of them short and simple and to the point. Six months earlier I came into some money and paid cash for a Beautiful 2012 MAZDA 3 for $8,000.00. I put $1,400.00 in it to last me a long time. (Tires, Tuned up, Flushed and Filled all Fluids. oil, tranny, antifreeze, filters for everything, belts, and Brakes). It didn't need all that I just wanted to keep my own maintenance records.

A few months later I drove past the CAR-MART in Saint Joseph Missouri and fell in love with an older model Mitsubishi that I just had to have. I figured these girls that worked there were professional car people and would give me a good deal trading in my 2012 Mazda 3 for the older Mitsubishi. After telling me the deal would not work until I bought their extended warranty I started having doubts because I thought the warranty was suppose to be optional.

After waiting over 7 hours for them to complete the paperwork I was tired and worn out. I told them I was disabled for 8 years I needed to leave and take my medication at home. I was so tired and drowsy signing a bunch of papers. I was glad to get the hell out of there. I made my first payment a few days early then it was time to get tags taxes and bump my insurance to full coverage. I realized my second payment might be a little late due to getting the car legal. I called to let them know I might be a little late on the second payment.

For 3 days in a row they called my phone over 13 times! On the fourth day they used their installed GPS TRACKER and approached me in the public library demanding the keys to the Mitsubishi and announced they were there to repossess the car in front of everyone there!! I asked for leniency and if we could work this out. I informed them again I was disabled and the vehicle was needed to attend my Doctors Appointments coming up. All they said was, "GIVE US THE KEYS AND WERE TAKING THE CAR AND ALSO WE WILL BE SENDING YOU A BILL"!

I was thinking after they drove off with the car, After trading in my 2012 Mazda 3 and making my car payment, they should owe me money for the trade in I used! So as you can tell this is a BAD REVIEW FOR CAR-MART of SAINT JOSEPH MISSOURI! I thought they would have to have a court order to repossess a vehicle. I am out over $11,000 plus damages. It's time to find a very aggressive attorney.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2017

I have had my car for 15 months. It has 200,000 miles on it. Transmission went out. They won't fix it or trade me for another car. I traded my Lexus in for this crap. Now I'm on the verge of losing my job. The assistant manager is rude and hateful and should be fired.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2017

Downpayment on a truck, was supposed to include tax and license, with a full downpayment. Did not do it so after a month, had to redo all paperwork, promised me to fix the truck. After seven months of false promises each week I went in, I finally returned the truck. Manager was rude and loud, and stated "if you turn in this truck do you Know what will happen to you?" In a real loud hateful way. I felt very deceived by company and corporate had another manager from another store contact me, basically claiming it to be my fault and that if I don't keep the truck they cannot keep it from going on credit report as repossessed. Furious that I'm being punished for them selling me a truck and lying for seven months on fixing it!!!

Original review: Sept. 18, 2017

Bought car in 2015, it was a 2004 Sunfire Pontiac. We already heard some negative things about this place but we was young and needed a car to get back and forth and this was the only place that didn't do credit checks at the time. So we got approved only putting about $600 down, we was happy we had a car! About a month into the car we noticed a sound like the car was shaking and it was an ongoing noise, our left window wouldn't roll down, had two bad tires, our trunk had a problem closing, our car would stop in the middle of the road, had to have TWO alternators and TWO batteries within a few months! Our windshield wipers stopped working, our backseat was just there (you could literally pull it out), the list goes on and on!!! After almost a year we finally saved up enough money and got into a newer modeled, nicer car for the same amount payments!

My brother said he wanted the car to try to get it fixed since CAR-MART wouldn't do it and he didn't want to just let it go back. So a few months later the ENGINE went out WHILE WE WAS DRIVING IT!!! So talked to KELVIN, the GM, he said we can trade it n. So we go to trade it in and we test drive a few cars. ALL of them had something wrong with it!!! But they agreed to put the Altima we chose in the shop to figure out what was going on, so we said ok, get in the office and can't get approved because of our income?! It's a trade in?! The other man that was trying to make everything going through in the system said that we I can get approved with my income if I put $600 down when income tax comes plus the monthly note on a car that we don't even want because we couldn't get the Altima!!!

But whatever, we ask what our other options are and KELVIN said that HE can terminate the agreement without it going on our credit and not having anything to do with us! We was like that sounds good. We can do that! Then he calls and asks what we are going to do and I said we are going to terminate the agreement and he said something in a low voice about paying something and hung up quickly! I was at work and wasn't really paying attention but yesterday we received a letter in the mail saying that THEY are going to sell OUR car, that we are TERMINATING to a private sale and whatever they get for it will come off of our bill and we just owe the remaining balance.

Wait a minute?! Why would we owe y'all anything if we terminated the agreement?! Who is gonna buy a car for $1300 that's not working and probably not fixable?! No one!!! Sooo you expect us to pay for a car that we don't have, if y'all sell it?! That doesn't make a lick of sense!!! My father in law (who is a manager of the state troopers) is a good friend of the judge in our county and he will be contacting him first thing Monday morning to see what we can do about this! I strongly suggest that no one buy a car from them no matter how desperate you are!!!

Original review: Sept. 7, 2017

Bought a 2008 Saturn Outlook a couple weeks ago from Jackson, TN. A few days after buying vehicles, notice a few roaches in SUV. Used a fogger and it was roaches coming out of everywhere. Then a week later, there was a bad leak around my sunroof when it rained. Already paying for repairs before I made the first note. This place sucks!!

Original review: Aug. 12, 2017

Got a 2004 Kia Sorento from Corsicana, TX Car-Mart in 2015 and had problems with it from day one. The finally stop running and was in the shop numerous times. I never missed a payment with Car-Mart and was told to come in and fill out another application for a 2004 Nissan Titan with 400 dollars down but they changed the price on the down payment, and made it higher. This company is not fair on helping good customers. Someone needs to look into this Car-Mart in Corsicana, TX. They take your money and sell you bad cars and kick you to the curb when you ask for help.

Original review: July 5, 2017

Bought a car from Car mart and transmission went out two weeks later and took an additional two weeks to get repaired. However the transmission was still bad and came back with more problems than it had before it was to be fixed. This place is a joke. Go somewhere else to buy a car.

Original review: June 18, 2017

I have bought 3 cars from the Tuscaloosa dealership. The last visit was awesome. Me and my sister still laugh about our last experience there. The salesman was off the chain from fixing us popcorn opening the door for us & he was a very knowledge person who answered every question we had. We were just looking at first but he convinced us to buy. He said "why wait? What's stopping you from buying?" Now my sister said he was a crook salesman he too smooth but come to find out he was just a great salesman that you don't run across on a used car dealership.

I've shopped around most used dealerships. He did not rush us to buy. We told him what our needs were and he gave the options that he could give us to best fit our needs. It was burning up but he opened the hood, the trunk, the doors. I mean he showed us every feature that truck had. But to make a long story short I went in and ask for him. I could not remember his name so I ask the lady salesman. She said Lopez and rudely mumbled but I heard "I thought you were asking for somebody. He don't work here no more." I walked outside called my sister. I said "girl he don't work there no more." She said "Dame". I was on my way when I get off in 30 mins to have me some popcorn & water catered to me. I told her I'm not buying here. It just did not seem the same the service of course man.

I just had to share this because when you do good business you earn more and I was back for him to sell me another vehicle even though I was looking around. I knew if that dealership had what I Wanted I was gonna buy it from there. Awww I'ma miss that salesman. He was so sweet. # DID NOT BUY THERE. I'M NOT A NEGATIVE PERSON BUT I HOPE YOU GET THE POINT.

America's CAR-MART Company Information