2.3/5 (331 ratings)
Find a Car Dealerships partner
Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

About America's CAR-MART

Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

America's CAR-MART Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about America's CAR-MART?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about America's CAR-MART?

Original review: April 26, 2022

I purchased a 2013 Nissan Murano for $18,000 from the Siloam springs Arkansas Car-Mart back in August of 2021. Within a couple months I was having transmission problems. Under the warranty I brought the car back in. It took them over a month to fix the vehicle. Got it back and within a month I was having the same issue. They took it back again. It is now going on 3 months that has been in the shop and Car-Mart refuses to do anything about it. Half the time I have to call to ask for updates to just get put on voicemail. Never return phone calls so I go to corporate. They said it's not their issue, it's the maintenance people's issue. However I can't contact the maintenance people to find out what's going on or why I don't have a car back yet they could have built the car for this time.

Car-Mart has not taken anything off my payments. They've not helped me financially other than to say I can delay some of my payments but it's going to cost me more money and interest to do so. They then turn around and also say don't get me in another car but I'm going to lose half of what I've already paid on this one to do so. Why should I lose money on a car they sold me that isn't in running condition and they also want to put me in vehicles that aren't worth as much. They're older vehicles with more mileage. Why would I want to do that? It's like they're trying to get me to be out of money just so they can make more money off of me. That's not treating me like family. It's not good customer service and they're definitely not keeping me on the road. They're not living up to anything that they promised.

Original review: March 15, 2022

I got a car from the Tulsa north location, had the car for less than a week. I was driving the car with my kids in it on a main highway when the tire came flying off the car and hit another car. Car-mart told me to tow it to a tire shop so I did, came to find out the rims don't belong on the car. Car-mart decided they were tired of paying to fix the car so we had to buy a rim for it. I'm now stuck with a car that I won't drive since we were told it's not safe and I don’t feel safe having my kids in a car after the problems I've had. Angela that was a sales manager was very rude and could tell she didn’t want to help me at all.

Get buying tips about Car Dealers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 4, 2022

I have a 2013 Kia Forte that I got from the Car Mart North Tulsa location. They make it clear that their "warranty" only covers powertrain items, so they can care less about issues with electrical issues. I now have a car that has over $3K in electrical issues, WHILE making payments for it. They had to know there was issues because they started up very shortly after I drove off the lot, but after the week that you can trade it for another vehicle.

I'm constantly spending money I don't have on this money pit of a car. If I call and tell them I'm having issues with the car, before I can even begin to explain what is going on, they tell me "We don't cover that". Very rude. Now, the location in Claremore is different as in they listen. But they're not in a position to help me because I purchased the car at a different location. This car is WORTHLESS and I'm super stuck. I will NEVER buy a car from them again and I will never recommend anyone else going there.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2022

I was less than a year from completing my vehicle payoff and blew my motor. They were not able to help me fix my current vehicle but they brought me in and did everything they could and were able to get me in another vehicle within 3 hours. Angela the manager really impressed me with the effort her and her staff put in to help me get back on the road when I was in a tight pinch financially.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2022

The Car-Mart in Tupelo Ms is extremely rude. I've had my car through them for 2 years. Last year I got a 2nd vehicle through them because we needed something bigger! I called them today to let them know I would be 1 week late for my payments because I had to pay my rent today and the lady was extra rude. Needless to say I will be paying off my car with taxes and they can have their van back! I will never deal with them again.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2022

Put money down on a 2016 Chevy Cruze. Lady working there told me the only wrong with the vehicle was a tire sensor. They want $175 a week plus insurance. Drive the thing 5 times and now a check engine light reduced power mode with engine ticking. Dealership tows it back and says they’ll take it to the shop on Monday because of my work schedule I can’t take it in myself. Monday comes, says they’ll take it in Thursday, haven’t heard a word. I feel like I’ve been scammed and are making payments on a broken car. I don’t recommend CAR-MART to anyone at all.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2021

Bought 2 cars from them. 1st one motor blew up. We paid for that. Now 3 weeks into 2nd car motor blown. We bought service contract. They don't like cost so now they want to take it to where they want. Sorry.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2021

Customer service is not their top priority at Car-Mart. They seem to prey on people> This company willingly buys cars with serious mechanical problems and sells the cars $3500 above market price as per Cynthia because of covid. While pressing people to buy their protection and service contract. I and my friend Nadine went to Car Mart on 11/22/21 I was met by the salesperson Mason. We tried 2011 Dodge Caliber. I test drove the vehicle. The rear end sounded bad. It sound like it was getting ready to fall out; so we test drove 2013 Nissan Sentra. It drove ok on the short test drive. And they stressed I need to get a service contract or protection plan. I took it home and proceeded to drive first thing. I had to put air in all the tires then I drove around town. It started jerking going up or down a hill. I brought it back and asked did they have these vehicles checked out before they sold the car as Lacy stated no. They don't have a mechanic on site.

They then let me test drive a 2005 Cadillac Deville and heavily stressed that I needed to purchase a service contract which I did. They did not tell me the price till I was filling out the contract. They stated it was 8,999 for the car. I asked why so high. They said everybody overpriced their vehicles. I needed a car so I sign the contract with the service agreement which was 999.00. On 11/30/21 I called back. I have an oil leak and the display for the tire pressure, mileage is completely wrong.

I talked to the General Manager Cynthia. She stated I am not able to get into another vehicle but I could bring it in and they will fix it. I asked if I could cancel the contract. She said yes but I would not get the refund back. Now even though I have a seven-day satisfaction guarantee they said since I brought back the Nissan I can not return the Cadillac within the 7 days as the satisfaction statement says that it is no longer valid. I believe they have false pretenses when they sell these vehicles and press people to purchase the protection plan and service agreement especially if they do not have a mechanic to check the vehicle out and believe they are price gouging on these vehicles.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2021

America's car- mart is a finance company that sells quality used cars to customers and assist them with loans. Customers become life partner and a family. The company makes sure the customer is successful throughout the entire lifetime. America's car mart is one of the best companies to rely. It is number one in the market.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2021

Car Mart Florence, AL they was very helpful when I bought our car. We paid extra for the gold package so if anything happened to the car they would pay to fix it. Well we had it for 2 weeks and the motor went out in Birmingham AL, called car mart of Florence to see what I needed to do about getting the car back to their shop to get it fixed. Because I paid the extra it’s supposed to cover towing and all.

Well they tell me you have to get it towed yourself to the nearest car mart which was in Cullman AL. So I call my insurance and got the car towed to the closest dealership which was Jim Burke Birmingham AL. That’s all they would cover is to there. So I told them what happened I was driving down interstate and the car just shut off and won't do anything. They tell me the motor went out in it. Luckily the car had a Recall and they put a new motor in the car but if it wouldn’t of had the recall. I honestly don’t know what would of happened. Probably been out of pocket to fix it myself the way they acted about it. Jim Burke paid for my rental car and kept my car 28 days installing the new motor.

Car mart has been helpful when it comes to the payment. If you can’t make it or something they will help skip a payment or whatever they have to do to help you on it. But when it comes to the car you just bought from them breaking down they act like they don’t give a damn. Even with the gold package that you have to pay extra for. I believe it’s 3 years or 36,000 mile warranty. That’s supposed to cover things like this so you don’t have to worry about it if the motor does go out or if it breaks down for some reason. That’s why you pay the extra money to help in situations like that. Well they was not helpful at all. Jim Burke was very helpful and so thankful it had the recall on it. I Give car mart 3 stars because they are helpful in some cases and was very helpful when it come to buying the car and the down payment. Other than that they are horrible when it comes to getting your car fixed that you just purchased from them.

America's CAR-MART Company Information