2. Automotive
  3. Car Dealerships

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.38/5

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

America's CAR-MART Reviews

Original review: Oct. 10, 2019

My husband and I purchased a vehicle at CAR-MART North Little Rock off of Warden Road. From the beginning to ending Mrs. ** made sure we were taken care of in a professional and timely manner. She assisted us with questions, help with the process of buying and when we ran into a technical issue she was right there helping us get back on the road quickly. Thank you so much Mrs. ** for everything you done to make sure we experience A+ customer service.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2019

My family and I have purchased 5 vehicles from CAR-MART in El Dorado, Arkansas. I worked with Serena on all of the purchases and she was amazing! I won’t say that all of the cars were in the best shape, and we had our issues, but they stood by us and helped us when no one else would. So thankful this program was available for us!

Get buying tips about Car Dealers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2019

Kenyatta ** is an important asset to the company. She's kind, hardworking and understanding. She makes an simple errand something to look forward to. I'm glad I chose CAR-MART in Athens AL! I encourage customers to go to Car-Mart of Athens and be sure to ask for Kenyatta **!

Original review: Jan. 18, 2020

I purchased a vehicle from Car-Mart and they didn't give a crap how I survived or not! I tried to go in and talk to someone about getting my payments lowered to an amount where I could afford it. They talked amongst themselves but didn't agree with what I was talking about! They're just like Walmart (they take all your money). They don't care if you have other bills to pay or not. All they care about is money! The people that work for them are being brainwashed into telling customers what they think customers need to hear! I don't know how Car-Mart is even in business because of how they do people!

They take advantage of people's income situations! They should not be in business because of this practice! They don't work with you on your payment situation! They turn the other cheek! So, if I were anyone in the market to purchase a vehicle, DO NOT PURCHASE ONE FROM CAR-MART! They will rip you off in a heartbeat! P.S they overcharge for vehicles more than what they're worth!

Original review: Jan. 14, 2020

I am writing in regards to the terrible customer service that my family has received from the Woodstock, GA location. We were very please with the initial purchase of our 2011 Hyundai Sonata in May of 2019, however, that quickly came to a hault when we were made aware of the very inside of one tire showing wire. It seemed to be an issue of the tire wearing out unevenly, which we were okay with replacing ourselves anyway. Upon replacement, we discovered not just one wheel, but ALL lug nuts around the vehicle were either completely or almost stripped.

This was July when the discovery was made. We had not taken the wheels on or off in the time we had the vehicle, which would prove that this was an issue beforehand. This has been ongoing, management has been contacted several times and the problem has still not been resolved. I have since stopped paying the payment in an effort to get the attention of someone that will help out in this desperate situation.

The vehicle is inoperable at this time as it has been deemed unsafe for my family, including three small children, to be riding in. I have two payments, ready to be made, but refuse to make them until someone reaches back out to resolve this. We have been told that Wes, the general manager, would contact us back multiple times. We have not heard from him. It is very disheartening that we are in the market to purchase an additional vehicle at this time and this dealership is no longer an option for us.

We had a great buying experience, but the customer service once we left the lot has been less than acceptable. From the time we purchased this vehicle, until the issue was brought to our attention, I referred multiple people. I will not do this in the future. Also, If the amount of energy that was applied to collecting payments (we usually get a call before the payment is even late) was applied to helping customer's remedy the issues they have, this dealership would be a much better place.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about America's CAR-MART?

Original review: Jan. 5, 2020

Ok I was inquiring about a certain vehicle located at the America’s Car Mart Texarkana location on Summerhill Road. I had been talking to Sales Representatives (a lady the first day but a guy the second day because the first person called in sick) So I make arrangements to come in that evening after work and check out the car, finish my application, and buy the car (provided it was satisfactory).

I called three more times that day after the initial contact from the male sales rep. (advising me that he would be handling my deal because of the first sales rep's. illness). Anyway the last two conversation were with the receptionist because apparently the guy who was supposed to be dealing with me was too busy with other customers to return my call. The last conversation I had with the receptionist I informed her that I was taking off work early and was leaving my job as soon as I hung up the phone with her and driving directly to their location (96 miles from my job).

I did just that and arrived at their location to what resembled something like a second rate bus station where several busses had been delayed or something (people were sitting around looking miserable and willing to except anything just to get out of there, people complaining about vehicles they had recently purchased, etc.). So, I finally get to an office where a lady (yet another person) comes in and informed me that she was not a sales rep but that she worked as the account manager and that she would be the one to take care of me (like I was Livestock at an auction or something).

So, no sooner than we began she had to excuse herself to deal with another customer that was there before me. (I could hear every word of their conversation and he was a very disgruntled customer who had been waiting for hours to see a manager.) When she finally returned (after a long time and to no progress or resolve for the disgruntled customer) she began to herd me on through the process. Finally we stand up and proceed to the door outside for my inspection of the vehicle.

I’m waiting right outside the door for her to come out with the keys when she came out to inform me that I would have to come back two days later when they opened again because (as she explained) the manager had left early and had the keys to this particular vehicle in his pocket. So having no choice I said ok at which point she returned inside and I decided to at least look the outside of the vehicle over to determine as to whether or not I even wanted to come back to proceed with this horrendous transaction. I looked that lot over and over and came to realize that the vehicle I had took off work early and driven 96 miles to buy was in fact not at the location at all. The manager had taken off early and driven the car home for the weekend.

To add salt to the wound the Corporate Executive (that I finally after days of trying to contact someone) seemed unconcerned and completely ok with the fact that I lost wages (took off work early) and wasted my hard earned money (fuel and expenses). He not only failed to offer but flatly refused my request that the money I was out (due to their negligence) be deducted from the price of the vehicle if a deal was made. He had no regard for the working man's welfare. America’s Car Mart owners and executives sits up there in their plush offices dividing up our hard earned money and talks about how they care for us (the customer) and want to make sure we are taken well care of but they are lies. All they care about is lining their pockets with your money. I will never step foot on a “America’s CarMart" parking lot again and I would advise anyone who has sense to listen not to either.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2019

Beginning of October 2019 my car was totalled out and I was in need of vehicle so went to local CAR-MART in my area looking for a gas saver to get to and from work. I leased a 2014 Nissan Altima. I drove fine off the lot, got home and ran to the store. Car started vibrating during drive so I took it back to lot that next day. They looked at it and came to the conclusion I needed a hub bearing which was covered but I had to pay a 75$ service fee. On top of that my rotors were shot because they were grinding. Mind you only had the car a day but that service was not covered so I had to buy the parts.

When I just wanted another vehicle they told me I wasn't able after already putting 800$ down on the car. So after paying service contract and getting breaks rotors and hub assembly replaced I still had the vibration issue so I took it to a reputable shop to have it looked at. I was told the transmission was slipping. Highly frustrated I took car back to car mart with report of transmission. They wanted their mechanic to inspect the car so I went with it. They also said to me, "Yes your transmission is bad." They should have never sold the car like that so then car mart charges me another 75$ service fee on top of my note. Does anyone have advice for me? I would never recommend car Mart to anyone. Please stay clear of car mart.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2019

The sales team requires you to be on the lot before they will give you information on vehicles. Their website is vague with car listings. Mostly stock photos and no pricing. They have a habit of putting you on speaker when talking on the phone, long hold times and do not provide additional information regarding vehicles. When asked why they are unable to give information they did not have an answer. Typical sales tactics. Car-Mart has many lots. Given this ridiculous rule it would require a lot of wasted time for car buyers. Other lots provide general information regarding owner history, whether a vehicle has been smoked in, past use of the vehicle as well as the actual photos of the cars and pricing. I advise working with a different lot that is more forthcoming about the condition of the vehicle and value customers time.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2019

Anyone looking to get a car and you finally decide on car-mart, don't do it. I have bought all my vehicles from this company going on 10 yrs now. Never had a problem with until my wife and I decided to give car-mart of Sherman, TX a try. Well to say the GM if that's what you wanna call him is never there and will never see you nor have never meet with him nor will he give you the time of day. Most used car lots and used car lots give you a month to make your first payment. We were told we had a month to make our first payment, but in the payment schedule they put it to the next two weeks and we didn't know this nor were were even shown. Well payment was due and they made us park the car on their lot until the first payment was made no matter what.

You miss the scheduled payment by one day and they are blowing up your phone hour after hour after hour until you finally answer. But when it comes to having a repair needing done that is within the service agreement, they take their dear sweet time getting appointments made and days upon days in the shop knowing it's your only mode of transportation. But when it comes to payments you better be there that day or make the payment somehow that day or else they blow your phone up as well as your six references as well. Oh and if you send them emails, might as well not even do it because it will never be looked at nor even responded to in any way shape or form. By god if you lose your job or something in your life happens that's out of your control.

They don't have very good customer service in any way. You are just money walking in the door. That's all you are to Car-Mart. MONEY. I highly recommend you go elsewhere for your used car needs period. I lost my job and have told them multiple time via email I have a job and won't be paid until Nov. 23rd. No responses are even given or made back at all.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2019

Car Mart is the worse place to work and also to buy cars from. The General Managers are not training to walk a Dog let alone to run a dealerships.. The Area Operational Managers are a joke. They are being put in position I suppose because they are men (since there are no women Area Operational Managers). Corporate is a all ** staff.. HMMM makes you wonder if the founder really ever wanted ** in his company.

They hire associates who have no idea of what they are doing and have no idea how to figure it out. 90% of their Purchasing Agents are buying vehicles that have so much internal damage that he can hardly get the vehicles to drive off of the lots, without being returned for mechanical failure one to two days later. They have Purchasing agent that are making deals with vendors to split the money and they continue, to buy and pocket the money..WOW. How this company has been in business so long is no one has not exposed them for what is going on behind the scenes. Well guess what. I will not stop until they have been on radio, TV and social media. Welcome to the real world AMERICA'S CAR MART.

America's CAR-MART Company Information