2. Automotive
  3. Car Dealerships

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.35/5

Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory and find your next vehicle on Rydeshopper.com

Find a Dealer Near You

Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory and find your next vehicle on Rydeshopper.com

Find a Dealer Near You

America's CAR-MART Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about America's CAR-MART?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about America's CAR-MART?

Original review: Dec. 25, 2020

I got my 2009 Jeep Compass in February not long before the pandemic, first time buying a car. Couple months later, started experiencing issues and I told them as they asked me to per my service agreement. Anything I asked about was "not included in the service agreement," attached to my car note so I had to deal with it due to not having extra money. I applied for unemployment in July for being laid off from my job and still have never received anything till this day, and I told them that. I went ahead and got other jobs trying to keep up with my payments that I had to make every 2 weeks, which I did and because of my car issues and lay offs I wasn't able to keep the jobs and I told them that.

I get another job last month as assistant manager for Sonic in Standiford Plaza making decent money and By this time I'm having to carry around a jump box to get me back and forth to work so because of the issues I was having I eventually was fed up having to leave so many jobs that I asked my boss to remove me from the schedule so that I wasn't fired due to my car issues and he said when I get another one I could have my job back because I enjoyed my job and work hard for everything I have and started working on a down payment to trade in my car. I didn't tell them because they weren't helping me and they kept taking my car throughout this whole pandemic. I knew for a fact they knew my situation because I told them so many different times.

I didn't feel as if I needed to contact them because continuously through this pandemic they would take it anyways even after 1 day of it being late and they knew about everything at this point, the car going down, and the many job switches due to the car and pandemic lay offs. They recently took my car and hit my credit for 8000 and Aaron the manager said that it was because I wasn't communicating. I reported to them several times about issues with my car and that it was causing me not to be able to keep a job which means no money but just to make a point, I made a payment every 2 weeks and have never been over a month late period.

I worked for Ft Knox serving the military before being laid off and tried to keep a job throughout the pandemic but because my car was going down I had no transportation and I told them that. I literally had to jump my car off every time I decided to drive it and I told them that. They said my car was repossessed because of communication issues but they knew everything. This pandemic has put us all in a bad place and to explain that to a money hungry business with obviously no integrity to see the Americans who buy from them who are all dealing with this difficult time, like Carmart but they couldn't see that.

I had to call them a couple times to get they pay off amount for other dealerships which means that they were notified about me trying to trade in a car that doesn't work and They come repossessed my car to stop me from trading it in. Aaron refused profoundly to to give it back to allow me to trade it in. He said it would be auctioned and I would be responsible for the rest which I don't think they even attempted to do. My credit has been hit for 8000 dragging my credit score and preventing me from being able to get another car and I don't think it's fair because I'm the time they held it from my there was a dealership willing to take it even with it's issues and they wouldn't allow me to have it.

Them calling themselves America's Carmart is the biggest contradiction I've ever seen. They're not for America, they don't truly care. If there's anyone else who would like to join me on a lawsuit I plan to pursuit please let me know, I could use all the help I can receive because according to Aaron he's the top of who I can speak to so they have hit my credit for 8000, took my car so it's in their possession, and I'm stuck with nothing but a bad credit score. That's not right. Worst business ever and I'll plaster this everywhere I can to make sure people know because it's sad. Thank yall

Original review: Dec. 22, 2020

They failed to provide the fact that car purchase was shipped from overseas and was a total loss of salvage vehicle. Now the car won’t pass the state inspection I have to do where live now. It a bait and switch is what there pulling on consumers. Then don’t call from this issue arise on the corporate level. The car has negative equity and there so much damage only from this car I would have to build it up to make it a whole new car. They have shady business practices and overpriced cars.

I was going to try trade in at Caravana but the trade value on top of the negative equity on I would only get $98 for. This is the true value of the car. An I got at Tulsa, OK location on Peoria. The manager Clint will work will is the only good thing. But the level of inspection and repair work with their mechanic is joke and paying additional funds on car that should have been full inspection the car they would have say these issues but all they need was bandages it and put it on their lot.

Get buying tips about Car Dealers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2020

Buyers Remorse. No more delivery jobs for me!! I am out of work AGAIN!! 2009 Mini Cooper purchased on 9/15/20- car stopped running after 3 days! I pay-$125 out of pocket towing fee. $75 protection plan fee for new clutch. PLUS $400 car payment. It took 10- days till car is returned. 11/4/20- Another round of repairs-ENGINE OIL LEAK!! $75 protection plan fee. PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2020

This was the worst experience ever. I purchased a 2013 Chevy Spark at America's Car-mart in Valdosta Ga. I got the car in November of 2019. By May the car was running hot, the things the warranty didn't cover I fixed. So I finally get it towed over there to be put in the shop, I had to personally call the mechanic myself to see what was wrong with my car. The motor was gone! So my co-buyer and I went in to the office as instructed by the general manager, he tells me that he will not put me in another car even tho my warranty covers it and if I wanted to get another one I would have to make a full down payment. Mind me my account was up to date and I made my payments in time. To top things off he tells us that he'll just take the ** end of everything so we wouldn't have to go to court to turn around and put a PENDING- REPOSSESSION on my account that's still active. I'm just so baffled by this company.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2020

We bought a 2017 Ford Escape during the coronavirus pandemic. We made several payments on time we started to get a little trouble out of the car that actually started on the way to a funeral. We signed an agreement with them during our purchase that it had a one year warranty or 12,000 miles. We were exactly 600 miles over or 12000 mile limit on our extended warranty that we had on a 2017 car. We had to have the car towed home. We could not make the funeral. It cost us over $200 to have the car towed back home then another $45 to have the car towed to the shop.

It took them several days to get back to us about the car. The transmission was in fact gone in the vehicle. We contacted Car-Mart. Car-Mart said there would be no way that they're going to pay for the transmission but they would work out a side note which entailed the different payment schedule for the vehicle with a different payment plan for the vehicles due to the fact we were going to be responsible for the transmission on a 2017 vehicle that we only had for Less Than 3 months. We had a very high payment of over $573 a month with a down payment of over $1,900.

Do not go to this place and buy a car. If it breaks down they will make you fix it even with a one year warranty. They'll make you pay for any repairs on the car. They are junk. They came by my house today. I left a note on my door to make sure I was at their office by 5:30. I plan on going down there and I plan on giving those people a piece of my mind. After that I'm going to go visit a lawyer - a bankruptcy lawyer - cuz I can't wait to see that repo on my credit because I'm going to bankrupt every bit of it. Y'all stay blessed. Y'all stay safe. Do not visit America's Car-Mart. Thank you.

Original review: July 14, 2020

I Jacqueline ** was writing review and page changed and closed out. Wasn't finished. After Mazda was found to be dangerous to drive by America's Carmart mechanic they had me leave there until they could get more cars. In each time I went to America's carmart was told new manager 5 different managements even employees had been fired. 2 months later given a vehicle dodge journey. Told paperwork would be corrected. Instead more was added to contract after a person from carmart walked onto my property unannounced, demanded I give her old contract and $98 dollars. She then began to degrade my living standards by saying I had stepped up from old location.

Mind you never missed a payment nor was I behind. She cursed me. She came into my garage. I asked her to get out and I went to Sheriff office. I looked in rear mirror. She was still blocking mail box. I drove back to my home and told her that was last warning. She screamed. She park where the profanity she wanted and go wherever. I called carmart on the way. Lady answered. Said she was unaware but she Christy was new manager and person was kathy. Christy told me she would resolve and I had her word. Told me to come to America carmart.

Once I got there no Christy who had me believe she was correcting situation. Once there inside Sabrina who was only remaining employee from 2 years said she was instructed by Christy to fix it by verifying my address to drivers license and have me sign stating information given was true. Once she explained I ask her to let me see what was on computer screen. Sabrina told me she couldn't because it wasnt complete that she needed to ask for help from a young girl I had never seen. This person claim to have fixed problem. Sabrina says, "Ms ** you know we gonna take care of you." So I ask to see paper. She claimed was verification and the person at front desk name Jessica told them she didn't understand what was taking place so she passed me 3 papers with altered signatures, two of which for a cosigner who wasnt present.

She then called the lady name Kathy, ask her to fix. Kathy told her she couldn't fix unless she got papers back from me. I refused because I knew they had lied and coerced me into signing papers to change contract. I confronted Sabrina. She ran in back office. Told me she didn't want to hear anymore. I contacted a financial advisor who found all errors and documents that had been altered. I have lost sleep, stressed, full of anxiety. Call Corporate. Spoke to several people who use same tactics then I received 3 calls from CEO. Mr Jeffery Williams who was going to put everything back into perspective turned out to be another lie. Had two people call me smarting off at me, used no respect nor integrity.

Mr Jeffrey left a long message after I gave him information. 3 managers were aware of these issues and fired after they promised repairs about the repairs and not having a key nor operal key fob and how often vehicle turns itself off and the adjusters in doors locking up and gps tracker operating on starter to engine he would take care of. Again haven't heard from Mr Jeffrey Williams nor Christy. Management something must be done. Found out that papers they had me sign wasnt address verification. The letterhead stated modification two weeks after as though it was cut and pasted on my signature.

I told Mr Jeffrey Williams no one discuss a modification and modifications are for people who are behind on payments. Also they have a so called Seasonal payment twice a year the length of contract supposedly for those who receive income tax. It must be filed through America's Carmart and they take it out once your tax return is sent to them by IRS. And if you are on medicare and Social Security it doesn't apply to you. Well not true.

Americas Carmart added $ 1,000 to contract without my knowledge and a new employee printed placed in my hand and this is how Im aware of this company misleading customers and using deception against low income families and those whom they think don't understand. I'm asking for help. Please Im on Social Security and when I get close to paying off they add money back to contract so you never pay off or they repo. Ive been honest from day one on this car loan. There must be something where a class action lawsuit or something can be put in place. America's Carmart shouldn't be allowed to continue these practices.

Original review: July 11, 2020

Car-mart had my car towed because my transmission went out and my car was out of my possession for 13 days. I got it back today and the RPMS increase when I'm braking, something is leaking, it's hard to steer, a lot of play in the steering wheel and it feels like the transmission is sticking and at the area that an oily substance is leaking there is very visible blue paint and scuff marks.

Original review: June 22, 2020

First off all, you’re better off riding a bike, probably way more reliable. I’ve had my car for 2 months and it’s given me more problems than I can count. I talked to a mechanic and even had him drive it and he said that my car was fine and had no issues, which I knew wasn’t true because it would shake like hell when stopped. Not even a week later and my car died while I was at a red light, yes, at a red light in the middle of the street. I had to turn my car over 3 times before it would start up again. I called the dealership and they said they couldn’t do anything, of ** course. I’ve had my car for a little over 2 months!!!! That’s it. ** ridiculous.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2020

I purchased a vehicle from Car-Mart and they didn't give a crap how I survived or not! I tried to go in and talk to someone about getting my payments lowered to an amount where I could afford it. They talked amongst themselves but didn't agree with what I was talking about! They're just like Walmart (they take all your money). They don't care if you have other bills to pay or not. All they care about is money! The people that work for them are being brainwashed into telling customers what they think customers need to hear! I don't know how Car-Mart is even in business because of how they do people!

They take advantage of people's income situations! They should not be in business because of this practice! They don't work with you on your payment situation! They turn the other cheek! So, if I were anyone in the market to purchase a vehicle, DO NOT PURCHASE ONE FROM CAR-MART! They will rip you off in a heartbeat! P.S they overcharge for vehicles more than what they're worth!

Original review: Jan. 14, 2020

I am writing in regards to the terrible customer service that my family has received from the Woodstock, GA location. We were very please with the initial purchase of our 2011 Hyundai Sonata in May of 2019, however, that quickly came to a hault when we were made aware of the very inside of one tire showing wire. It seemed to be an issue of the tire wearing out unevenly, which we were okay with replacing ourselves anyway. Upon replacement, we discovered not just one wheel, but ALL lug nuts around the vehicle were either completely or almost stripped.

This was July when the discovery was made. We had not taken the wheels on or off in the time we had the vehicle, which would prove that this was an issue beforehand. This has been ongoing, management has been contacted several times and the problem has still not been resolved. I have since stopped paying the payment in an effort to get the attention of someone that will help out in this desperate situation.

The vehicle is inoperable at this time as it has been deemed unsafe for my family, including three small children, to be riding in. I have two payments, ready to be made, but refuse to make them until someone reaches back out to resolve this. We have been told that Wes, the general manager, would contact us back multiple times. We have not heard from him. It is very disheartening that we are in the market to purchase an additional vehicle at this time and this dealership is no longer an option for us.

We had a great buying experience, but the customer service once we left the lot has been less than acceptable. From the time we purchased this vehicle, until the issue was brought to our attention, I referred multiple people. I will not do this in the future. Also, If the amount of energy that was applied to collecting payments (we usually get a call before the payment is even late) was applied to helping customer's remedy the issues they have, this dealership would be a much better place.

America's CAR-MART Company Information