America's CAR-MART

Compare Auto Dealers

Research top Auto Dealers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I purchased a car from CarMart last year and I should be finished paying for it this year!! I noticed after making my last payment that they charged me $200 more on my payment when asked to explain why and how I was told by Nick he didn't have time!! I called the corporate office and I'm still waiting on a call back. A worker by the name of Danielle gave me excuses for 2 days then when I went back to Nick all of a sudden he could explain!!!! It was total bull and made no sense!!!

I'm very disappointed. I mean very disappointed, by the time I pay for this car I could have purchased 2 cars!!! Please don't purchase a key chain from these people. The interest alone is ridiculous and I'm still waiting on the area manager to call me back who check this out!!! Doesn't have a phone because he travels from lot to lot!!! All I can say is God bless you CarMart. Everyone gets a turn so when hell breaks out in your own personal lives think of the many people you have cheated!!!

I bought a 2005 Ford F-150 from the Madison, TN store approximately 6 months ago. I have had to invest almost $1000 in the vehicle since that time. Things that were promised to be repaired before we took possession of the vehicle were not done, most importantly a replacement of the seal that was leaking oil. I had to wait almost 2 weeks to take possession of the vehicle after deciding to buy the truck and making a partial down payment supposedly to allow them time to make said repairs.

Since receiving the vehicle I have had to replace all 4 tires due to dry rot, replace the brake light sensor plate, have the vehicle aligned, and am still having to cope with a hole in the tail pipe, rear lights that do not work, and a missing center cap for one of the wheels. Yesterday I took the truck in for an oil leak. The main issue that was to be repaired was not repaired properly. We now are forced to wait while the truck to be repaired (again), pay $50 for the privilege, and meanwhile my boyfriend who drives the truck has no transportation to and from work. I trusted that the company was reputable. I trusted that a vehicle that cost over $10,000 would be in good repair. It was (and is) not. I strongly recommend that folks look elsewhere for a vehicle.

We currently are financing a car with CARMART in Lawton Oklahoma. When we are two days late they call and blow up our phone about the payment. I went yesterday because my wife called and spoke with someone about a payment extension. She spoke with two people who told her to come in and sign the agreement that it would be late.

I get to the store yesterday to make the payment and the two managers were sitting in the office doing nothing but laughing, so I went to the man up front and told him I was there to sign the agreement. He told me that I would have to speak with the finance lady who said "you are here to make a payment is what your wife said." I told here "no I am here to sign the agreement." She said "no you are here to make a payment." Very rude. She stated "well you are five days late." And I said "five days late really?" She stated very rude "why can't you make your payment?" That is none of her business being five days late. Do not buy a car here unless you want to be harassed.

My daughter bought a 2004 Buick Lacrosse from Car-Mart of Rome. Within the 1st month of having her car the transmission went out. We towed the car where Anthony told us to take it. Transmission was rebuilt, rack and pinion and power steering pump and power steering lines were replaced. After a month and a half she gets her car back. Car-Mart was suppose to have an alignment done on the car. No alignment was done!

The 2 front tires blew out on the car at 11 pm at night! My daughter who is 20 years old was stranded on the side of the road in a VERY RURAL area by herself for an hour because Car-Mart sold her a car with no spare or jack! Called Car-Mart the next morning and still cannot get anyone to call me back! My daughter missed her engagement photo shoot and so far a day of work. I have been in the automotive business for 25 years (in service depot) my husband has 45 years' experience doing nothing but front-end work such as alignments. Poor customer service with these people! I would not recommend anyone doing business with ANY Car-Mart!!!

I too wish that there was a rating for ZERO stars. I Purchase a 2005 Nissan Pathfinder in 9/18/16. After utilizing their 3 day return/exchange policy I was greeted with what looked like racial discrimination. She forced me to get full coverage insurance before leaving the lot as an attempt to discourage me from changing cars. Day 2 or 3 it broke down and it was towed to their mechanic shop to be fixed because it would not go up the hill.

After getting the car back the 1st time and only having it back just long enough for me to drive it home it broke down again, but this time it was smoking and it wouldn't go up the hill. I have only had my truck in my possession for about 7 days total since the date of purchase because it has been in their repair shop. With me calling repeatedly day after day for updates, them not returning my phone calls, them not telling me where my car is located while at the same time making payments and renting cars I was not able to keep it with my payments.

After getting behind 1 payment I came into their office to make reasonable arrangements and the first thing they did was try 2 force me to let them pick up the truck again for repairs after I had just got it back for the 3rd or 4th time (losing count now it's been with them so long). They refused to make arrangements and in fact repossessed up my car after being 11 days late forcing me to file bankruptcy. As of today they still haven't returned my car and in fact they sent me a letter saying they were auctioning off the car. They put the truck in the shop and had the mechanic dismantle it. It has been there for 7 days and they told me on day 6 that the mechanic said it only runs for 5 min. then shuts off. It wasn't even doing that when they picked it up while I was at the hospital picking up my sister, this was after I had a mechanic look at it and me notifying them that the fan clutch was destroyed and that they obviously had overlooked the problem.

This company is a rip off and they will go as far as to overlook court orders. I will not be beat out of my money, I put down $1000 and made payments of $125 weekly, paid $50 for a repair that was never fixed and $75 for a tow not to mention all the money I have had to spend with rentals and the trips I have had to make and lost time on my job. They think I will not be able to make my payments to the bankruptcy attorney and I will be forced to discharge the bankruptcy because I am left with no transportation to work but they are wrong. What ever happened to reputable businesses?

I only purchased this car because of my son who had bought a car in Dalton GA. He worked with him, told him where his car was being repaired, allowed them to take to the mechanic shop for repairs and to pick it up. They also made arrangements with them in regards to their payments. Kind of think of it since they are a corporation aren't they supposed to have the same rules at every location. Then people answer this question. Why did the head manager tell me that every location is different and no one can tell her how she spends her money? I wish I had known that they are allowed to make up their own rules as they go because if I had known I would've avoided Car Mart of Hixson at all cost. What I can say is that I am willing to go as far as I need to go to have Car Mart of America put out of business and I we come any attorneys to contact me because there is much more to this story.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about America's CAR-MART?

I was intentionally sold a vehicle in need of major repairs. My story reads like that of most individuals who have written reviews here. There are approximately 200 complaints now filed with the Attorney General's Office which has now alerted them to the need for a thorough investigation. I have audio recordings of their fraudulent business practices...complete with Kim ** hollering that the recordings aren't admissible in court. I am not stopping until something is legally done to this fraudulent business and all employees of theirs that have willingly participated in victimizing many individuals. To have your voice heard... you may call me at **. Again, I am not stopping until something is done... the Attorney General's Office has now began reviewing the many complaints submitted and are researching the online complaints. You are not alone.

We bought a 2004 Nissan Xterra from CAR-MART in Cottondale AL on Aug 6 2016. We have had nothing but trouble out of it since the second day we had it. They started out fixing everything because they were only out parts my husband fixed it no that something is more serious. They had me to take it to their shops and they tell us it's not the catalytic converts. So after many calls over the last 3 weeks they set up a appointment with the Nissan dealership to do a diagnostic and fix it. The mechanic said, "Yea the converters are bad." I called CAR-MART because we have not heard back from them about fixing it.

The man we deal with did not return our calls so finally they tell us he had to leave to go to a meeting and they're sending my truck to another shop because Nissan was too expensive. And the lady would not tell us of their putting new parts on my truck. Most of all the salesman and most of his co-workers are nothing but liars. They try a put you off so you won't use your warranty. Sorry you will not get away with us. I will push it as far as it takes. America's CAR-MART in Tuscaloosa AL is a bunch of lying people.

There needs to be an option for no stars on these reviews.... CAR-MART JOPLIN, MO. July 25, 2016 my 20 year old son went to looks at vehicles and this being his first to buy alone he was taken advantage of. Do not buy a Black 2003 Mitsubishi Montero Sport SE 3.0 Vin # ** from them. The first day the Check engine light came on. He asked them about it. They said they would have it fixed no cost to him. The car had not even been inspected. He took it the following day on July 25, 2016 and was told it had an O2 sensor out but the guy who does that work is out until the following Tuesday. This mind you now puts the car outlast the 3 day 100% satisfaction. Made his first payment that week Insured before leaving lot and a temp tag.

The following week on Tuesday August 02, 2016 drops the vehicle off at the required CAR-MART local shop for repair. Thursday August 04, 2016 picks the car up only to be told now it needs to be reflashed and that could only be done in Springfield, Mo. CAR-MART said for him to take it over there and only to be told that was not the problem - there was other engine, fuel and exhaust problems. The mechanic at the Mitsubishi shop in Springfield, Mo was told to have my son bring it back to Joplin, Mo CAR-MART. They had the vehicle from that day on. Saturday August 13, 2016 they called and told my son it was still being looked at and they would let him know something on Monday August 15, 2016.

Last straw.... I called up to CAR-MART to ask who the person was to contact above the Management on the Joplin site. The girl who answered the phone started to give me the same number I already had from their website. I told her I tried calling and all I get is a voicemail. She then says to me "Well Honey they are closed on the weekends" and I addressed her unprofessional customer service with her addressing me as honey in a condescending tone. I informed her that they will be receiving a written formal complaint on the matter at hand since they refuse to answer calls on any day. The AOM of the Joplin Store I was told is John **. My son walked in to the location and they were handing him paperwork letting him out of his deal with them and they would have his $400.00 to him on Monday but he has been by everyday and everyday an excuse was given - the most recent it was sent from Corporate via UPS ground.

As of today Saturday August 20, 2016 one week later no check and no tracking number available they were asked for one. This is a very short version of our last and only experience with this company. Initially I was personally told my son was past his 3 day 100% satisfaction and they were fixing the vehicle by Bruce the manager. I notice they have the same response on all of the reviews yet none can ever get them to answer their calls or respond to them.

I got a car on June 11th. The car started having issues a week after I had it. On Aug 6th the car broke down 2 hours away from home. I called Car Mart on Monday when they opened. They had it towed to a repair shop. I called the repair shop and was told the car needs a new engine and Car Mart didn't want them to fix it. I've tried calling Elsa twice and she never returns my calls. I'm guessing the car is back at Car Mart in Corsicana where I got it. I have no idea what is being done and apparently neither do any of the people that answer the phone. It really sucks to only have a car for less than two months and this happen.

LIARS, LIARS, LIARS!!! I went there to purchase a vehicle. They were having a $100 down special on select vehicles. I called before I went there to ask about a specific car that was one of the selected cars. A guy name Larry said it was in the shop getting the horn fixed. It'll be back that same day. When I get to the lot and ask about the car they think it's sold and they don't have any more selected vehicles so now all they have is $500 down & up and we can pay the rest of the down out but this car they say is sold is still on the website. I came with $1000 down just in case I couldn't get the car they had but to just lie to make more money I wouldn't buy a bicycle from them.

I have sent out a letter to demanding the honoring of the Debt Cancellation Agreement. Upon the local Car Mart's response in person (recording available) on 4/25/2016. I was left with the understanding that I did indeed have coverage under the plan and I would have to sign over my car which is fine but I would not be receiving the $2.800 Car Mart collected illegally and pay more money to Car Mart despite them acknowledging they didn't fix my payments but still extended my contract. The local office was dishonest the whole time and didn't even acknowledge the coverage nor never informed me of having the coverage under a different name.

As of September the 18, 2015 until April 25, 2016. They didn’t honor any of the contract but continued to collect fund by misleading bad faith and breach of contract. The coverage itself is labelled under a different name than what it is being advertised as which is misleading. Your company has extended my contract without me knowing (witness statement available). Then stated it was to fix my payment but never fixed my payments because as of the present time my payments are the same.

I have videos and audio of Cheri ** stating the contract modifications was to correct my payments and she acknowledges the payments aren't fixed on the audio as well. Every transaction, phone call, and voicemail has been recorded. Audio of Jason presenting himself as the General Manager then incriminating himself on how the Debt Cancellation process worked and much more. This is my last attempt to get the situation settled in good faith before my attorney takes over with the legal actions against your company. We are well aware of all the illegal things your company has done to obtain money from me and I am willing to stop the legal proceeding that have been started upon your company successful completion of the return of all funds collected.

Most importantly I would like to note that customer satisfaction would be on any agenda of any business.... unless you work for Car-Mart in Madison, Tn. I purchased a 2012 Ford Fiesta on March 22, 2016 and it's giving me more issues than it's worth. I brought my vehicle in for apparent transmission repairs almost 2 weeks ago (end of June 2016). One of their very rude and unprofessional staff members had stated they recharged the battery and came to the conclusion that the issue wasn't the battery but the transmission. They had to wait for their "transmission guy" which took about 4-5 days.

Anytime I would call Car-Mart to see where they were with the repairs Dawn always made it her business to be super rude. I have NO IDEA how this lady has a JOB! She knew absolutely nothing about the vehicle repairs, what it would cost, absolutely nothing. In the midst of them "repairing" the vehicle the transmission guy couldn't figure out the problem so they transported the vehicle right across the street to the Ford dealership. They apparently couldn't figure the problem out as well, so the vehicle was taken back to the car lot. They're not stating the problem wasn't the transmission or engine but the battery...mind you, they had already rebooted the battery and initially recognized the problem wasn't the battery, but of course now they're saying that was the problem all along!

I am up-to-date on my car payments, I obviously had to pay an additional car note while they "repaired" the vehicle and on top on this they are wanting me to pay for repairs and another car note which sums up to $641. I purchased insurance from them in the amount of $668 that insurance covered any transmission problems but because they are stating the issue wasn't the transmission but the battery they're not able to cover any misdiagnosed fees. It's one thing to purchase a vehicle as is and problems occur, as Dawn continued to repeat as I tried to communicate with her, but it's another to be RUDE and work in a business that you have no idea about. She couldn't give me any information about the vehicle, she interrupted our conversation to transfer me to arrogant David. I don't how these people work in customer service - it is very apparent that they hate their jobs and also their customers.

My car is still sitting at their lot, "completely repaired" not only because I don't have the money for the repair fee but also because I'm not even understanding how I'm responsible for the repair when they misdiagnosed the problem from the beginning. I simply believe they are saying the issue was the battery instead of the transmission because they know if it was truly the transmission they will have to cover the repair bill. I never gave them permission to put a new battery in my vehicle, I only gave them permission (after they BUGGED me) to bring the vehicle back to their shop so they can see why the transmission and check engine light were both on.

They weren't given permission to purchase a new battery for the vehicle and/or have it placed inside. I've asked for a statement to see the cost of labor and parts, but was told by David that I can get the statement once I pay them the $271. They were unwilling to add that payment onto my car note, they were unwilling to work any arrangements even though the car is paid up, they just want their money money money. I will never ever do business with Car-Mart and suggest NO ONE else does.

I bought my 4th car from CAR-MART in Joplin, MO. I will never buy another car from any CAR-MART. In March I purchased a 2006 Ford Fusion. Test drove it and it drove fine. Once I got it home I found out that the driver side air back will not work because it has been installed wrong, which tells me the car has been wrecked. The face of the radio does not light up and the CD player doesn't work because there are 9 CDs jammed into a 6 disc player. And the cruise control does not work. The following day I went back to the dealer to address these problems. I talked to the person who sold me the car, and she handed me off to the so-called mechanic. He informed me he would have to look into everything and see if he would be able to fix the car. He would call in a couple days.

After a week I called only to be told he no longer worked there and that since I didn't bring it back within three days the problems were mine. The person who sold me the car denied ever talking to me. The manager is a real jerk, and after getting into a heated argument with him, I was told to get off HIS lot and never come back. CAR-MART used to sell good clean used cars. Now they sell overpriced junk. I didn't have to buy from them, but until now had not had any problems. I will never buy from them again, and hope that whoever reads this doesn't buy from them.

Do not buy anything from Car-Mart. My mom bought a car on Friday. She left and went out of town on Sunday and while traveling, the car stopped. It started smoking and would not move. She contacted the dealership early Monday morning about the issue and Wednesday we still haven't heard anything from them. My mom had to rent a car to get to where we were going and to get back home. The car stopped in Nashville and she has yet to know what she will do when she return the rental. We even called the corporate office and they stopped answering the phone also. This is just unprofessional on all levels.

I bought a 2003 Mazda 6 3.0 L from Car-Mart in Altus, OK and everything seemed great place until a week after the coolant just poured out of my car at a parking lot. Took it in and they claimed to fix it next day. It just ran down everything -- pre-cats, oil pan, oil filter, inside the heat shields, the radiator fans -- so I took it back and they took it back with yet another $50 deductible so I spent $100 just to get it fixed which is outright horrific.

Next issue was the brakes just started wearing down quickly and they refused to replace it. Next issue is shaking of the steering wheel as if it was unbalanced and improper steering mechanics which they refused to fix yet again. Another issue came up with the speedometer reading 5 MPH faster than the actual speed I'm going. I found out with a digital speed reader only 'cause people were passing by me at normal speeds so I thought something was wrong. Took it back and they tell me (oh what a shocker) they refused to fix it. Next issue came up as oil pan seal is worn and is leaking oil, not a lot but small amounts every so often, but I can not replace myself due to exhaust pipes having to be removed in order to get to the oil pan which is a pain.

Another issue came up for the Car-Mart manager telling me after giving my full report of my issues just for the manager (Jenny **) and she told me straight up, "I'm sorry but I do not care." Are you kidding me? How do you tell a customer you "don't care"? They already have a bad reputation and hearing that for myself nearly made me feel sick to the point of all lost of humanity. For those who thinking of shopping at Car-Mart anywhere in the US. I implore, no I beg you, DO NOT SHOP AT CAR-MART.

My fiance and I bought a Pontiac Grand Prix from the West Springdale, AR store on Monday, 3/21/2016 with 122,000 miles. Car ran great on the test drive and payments were within our budget so we started scribbling signatures. We went this route because our credit isn't good at all and we had just totalled our other car, and we're expecting a child in a couple months. The starter went out three days later, and in an attempt to push it to a better area to work on it, as I myself am a mechanic, I had an accident and broke my jaw in two places, requiring surgery and leaving me unable to work. Well they tow the car free of charge, which I think is great, but didn't look at it until the following Monday. Here's where it gets interesting. I come home from the hospital and get a hold of my father in law, as he has been talking to them since my jaw is wired shut and I can't really talk.

They tell him they find a whole bunch of other problems and will be done that evening. Never heard from them until Wednesday. I go pick the car up and everyone in the office just looked at me like I wasn't all there just because I couldn't talk well. I felt so judged. So we take off and a few other issues I had them address hadn't even been fixed, but they found a bunch of other crap wrong with it. I'm thinking "Fine, I'll take it back tomorrow." The service manager is very hard to get a hold of, and once you do get him on the phone he's rude and doesn't want to listen. They have the car two more days. Next day while on a 75-mile trip the check engine light comes on and runs rough. I called him Monday and he told me to bring it by. Mind you I still have an issue with the starter so he said they'd fix it.

After them having the car another 4 days I pick it up and check engine still on and now alternator is dead. Now I have to wait till Monday to call them for the 4th time since buying this car 2 weeks ago, and try to get them to fix this Damn car. Btw the girl in the office is rude as hell, and as my sister in law was there to resolve payment issues she's been having, she overheard two employees talking **, saying that is pathetic that I have to have a middleman and it's only a matter of time before they'd have to repo my car. All I can think is ** that place. If I didn't have a broken jaw, caused by their pos car, I wouldn't need to have someone speak for me. UNPROFESSIONAL! If they get their act together and keep it together till I pay the car off, I will never do business with them again.

I bought my car on 10/30/2015. It broke down within 30 days of purchase. The salesperson was very nice but the car is overpriced junk! Over $9000 for a 2003 (My Bad). It has torn up 5 times since then. It is still torn up after 5 attempts of fixing it. They put in an old transmission with 30,000 more miles (98,000) on it than my car had. It didn't work. The motor mounts are also broken from the severe jerk of the transmission.

The manager, Anthony, told me I could get another car if I paid the "tax lump sum" on my current car or pay $800 down on the other car. I have already lost so much money with my current car... rentals and lost wages. Not to mention the down payment for the current car. Also, If I got another car, it could be worse than the one I have. I can't afford more lost wages and rentals! Also, don't expect anyone to communicate with you. No one ever returns calls there... unless you owe them ("tax lump sum"). 12 calls in 7 days. WTH? I could go on and on but the other comments says it all. DON'T BUY FROM THIS PLACE! Save yourself the headache and lost funds... SMH.

My Car-mart vehicle broke down on the interstate on the 3rd day of possession on my way to work. There was a window cling from Car-mart in the windshield with a tow number to call. The phone number was for a cruise ship advertisement. So I called the Car-Mart office. Tisa in the office said towing wasn't included. So I called a tow truck and had it towed to Tried and true auto care. Later reviewing the contract I found where on page seven paragraph two their contract stated, "towing is covered by Car-mart in the case of the car becomes disabled by a covered auto part. Not to exceed $50.00." The mechanic called and said the car died because the fuel pump failed. Which is okay since it is a covered auto part (I paid an extra $1,100+ for the auto part warranty).

But before any repairs can be made I have to pay a $50 deductible. Well that shouldn't be a big deal since by their own contract I am owed $50 for a $151.00 tow bill. So I go down there with their contract in hand to show them where I am owed $50 for my towing expense and to see if that takes care if the $50 repair deductible. When I arrive and show Tisa (office worker) the contract she says repeatedly, "I don't see that anywhere" which is comical since its right at the top, second paragraph on its own.

So I highlight the section, where she looks surprised and runs to the back with it. She comes back out and says the manager will see me in just a moment. When I go to the back to speak with him, he acts confused about the contract stating Car-mart's $50 tow liability. Saying, "well it's been a long time since I've read this." He goes on to tell meI am not understanding the contract "insinuation". Wait...what?! "The contract insinuates we'll cover that tow expense if it has to be towed to another shop for repairs. For shop to shop towing only." "Where does it state that?" "It doesn't have to it's insinuated." "Contracts are specific, you can't insinuate on them. That doesn't hold up!" "Well that's what our lawyers said to do, so that's how it works. Are you going to be paying your $50 repair deductible now?"

I was upset and left. When I got home I looked over the contract page where I had highlighted about Car-mart paying $50 for the tow and saw where Tisa had written, "Doesn't feel she has to pay!" How incredibly rude and illegal to not uphold your own contract agreement. I paid the $50 repair deductible and another $79 for the diagnostic work. I have the contract and $151 tow bill and will be consulting an attorney to see about contract insinuations. I've never once been late on any payments, I paid twice the down payment at time if purchase. So to be laughed at and lied to is beyond insulting. If they don't even uphold their own contract if but benefits you what makes you think they'll be helpful in any way except to help themselves to your hard earned a money!

You all know that we wrecked our Jeep Commander. Well, we were upside down on it; and only had it about 7 months or so. It was a good vehicle. When we approached our lender they were more than happy to work with us and put us into another vehicle with no money down; which is great. And they're getting their money from the insurance company no matter what and we of course don't get anything from the insurance company. We also bought their "GAP" insurance which cleared out the balance owed.

After a day of looking we decided to buy a GMC Terrain off their lot. It was a great vehicle...we thought. We purchased the vehicle on a Thursday morning and drove it immediately to do all of our errands which included going to Benton and back. On the way back from Benton it started doing a rough idle and shaking then when we were at the stop light by our house it died on us. It started right back up. We parked it at the house for a while. After trying to crank it several times it finally started but it said low engine pressure. Here go with the Rental Vehicles again... The next morning we call up the lender and tell them what's happening. They send a tow company out. A few hours later I call and check on the vehicle and they said it's the timing chain; it broke... IT BROKE... It what they said; remember that!

Fast forward a few days and we call to check on the vehicle and we are told it should be done by Thursday or Friday. Okay, we're looking at about a week for repairs. Thursday rolls around and NOPE, do not have the vehicle ready. They said they're waiting on parts. Oh, that's what's going on huh? When will the parts be in? "I don't know..." You don't know? There is such things as shipping tracking and order tracking.

A few days later we call back again. Still don't know anything. Finally we get the manager on the phone and he said he has the tracking information, the parts were on back order and it should be in by Thursday or Friday. That's two weeks...TWO WEEKS. Yes, 2 weeks. So, Thursday we call and check on it. Said we won't know anything until Monday. Why not? They're working on it. OKAY...

Monday we call and check on it (that's this past Monday, btw) and they said they're still working on it. WHAT THE HECK, really? Said it should be ready on Tuesday. The next immediate day. No word from them on Tuesday. Call them on Wednesday morning 1st thing when they're open. THEY'RE STILL WORKING ON IT?? Oh no, correction. It's being finished up. Should have it back on their lot by 5pm. NO. It's now been 20 days that you've been working on the Timing Chain Assembly. Don't get me wrong but that's a 1 day maybe 3 day job. All the while anytime we tried to call and get answers it was "don't call us, we'll call you". NO. You need to be on whoever's behind to make sure they're not giving your customers bad customer service!

Finally we get our vehicle back on Wednesday. The lady who handed us the keys said they broke a bolt and couldn't find it. REALLY? That was Yesterday. After 21 days of "being repaired" we drive it home and the check engine light comes on again. REALLY? So we go and have it diagnosed. The codes are pulling up Timing Chain issues. REALLY? So we go ahead and drive it because at this point we have no choice and see what's going on if maybe they didn't clear the codes. At first it ran fine, we took it to the Village and back. Brought it home, Joe drove it to pool league.

We ran the route with it last night. What happened? you ask. Let's see...it started idling rough again. It died on us in the middle of the route. Wasn't sure it was ever gonna start again. So we decided that we would take it back this morning and talk to them about it. We get it home, clean it out. Start it back up? Nope, takes 15 minutes to start again. We go back to our lender and tell them what's going on. Btw they're suppose to open up at 9am and it was 9:30am by the time they opened the doors and it took me beating on their windows and doors to get their attention because "they were having a meeting".

I ask to see the repair bill. LABOR for timing chain assembly. LABOR for broken bolts. LABOR LABOR LABOR... No charges for parts. So what happened was they didn't replace anything but they fixed it. Really? You fixed it by not fixing anything? So then we decided we just want out of it. They said "no problem we have many vehicles on our lot." We settle for a Ford Edge, it's not the room we need and it's not really what we wanted...but beggars can't be choosers, right?!

We got through all the contracts and signing, etc. As we're walking out the door the General Manager pulls us into his office and says "this is it, if the car blows up, you own a blown up car. You still have payments, etc..." Oh that's the wrong thing to say mister as you've now peaked Pissed off Jenny 2.0. After much to do I said to him that we both just better pray that this vehicle doesn't have any issues and I walked out the door.

So...To all my friends and family...IF YOU WANT A DECENT CAR AND NOT A ** YOU WILL NOT SHOP AT CAR MART IN HOT SPRINGS AR. I cannot vouch for any other Car Marts but this one truly takes the cake. They don't repair the vehicle properly because the timing chain assembly was never replaced - so they lied. And now they wanna tell me that if they sold me a lemon they don't care. And that they're gonna sue me if I insist on them making it right. Well sir, please feel free because if it craps out on me it's going to be YOUR useless vehicle, not mine.

My friend bought a SUV at Siloam Springs AR and drove it for 8 months and the motor went bad, and they said it's going to cost $3,000 to fix and had the SUV for 3 months never fixing it. They decided they are not going to fix it and gave her no other choice but to buy a new one SUV when it would have been worth it to her to have it fixed. She already $9,000 on it in 8 months paid $17,000 for the SUV. They said she has to get one for $17,000 or higher and start all over and wouldn't give her any other choice. Now she has to pay $1,500 for a down payment again and $1,700 in sales tax again when it would have only raised her balance up to $11,000 if she fixed it and no sales tax and no down payment.

I went to explain that to Jason (manager) and he kicked me out threatening to call the cops cause I explained that he sold her a bad vehicle. He gave her no other choice. She does not want a new SUV cause it's going to cost her way too much more money. PLEASE listen when I say never buy from Siloam Springs Arkansas, all they wanna do is rip people off any way possible!!!

Ok so I got a car, a Malibu Maxx lt 2004 from Troy Alabama car mart. They told me that I didn't have to pay for my car since it was a total loss and it's been going on since November till now when they took it from me. They went through 3 managers and they continue putting a lie on top of a lie with me getting another car from them. I even went in person talking to them telling that what was happening and they said it was all good till today. They took my car with my 400 dollars in it and they wouldn't let me get it out without me threatened to have the police for them to give it to me. These people are nothing but a bunch of con artist and crooks. I wouldn't even recommended my worst enemy to even get a car from them because they lie and play too much.

BEWARE! My wife bought a car from Car-Mart in Owasso, OK. Within one month the car was breaking down. Took the car in for repairs and they don't provide any kind of rental vehicle services while the broken vehicle they sold was being repaired. I had to get her a rental vehicle for a week which cost more than the money payment on her broken vehicle. I complained to management about this but they said it was just their corporate policy. They need help in their customer service department and should do more to make something right and keep customers wanting to come back. I will never use Car-Mart again!

We have a $0 balance on the principal. We received a postcard in the mail and numerous phone calls saying we owed $491 in unpaid interest. It goes on to show that the unpaid balance is $0 and is 15 days late in the amount of $491. When we called them, they explained that it is interest. How can I owe interest on a paid off principal? They are hateful and say that is how it is. Shouldn't the principal adjust with the interest so that it is paid off at the same time?

I bought my 2006 Dodge Durango, paid it in full. They never have me my title. I had to get a lawyer and call the Better Business Bureau and the attorney general. The girl that works there was so rude. Her name is Tracy. The motor went out of it the first week I bought it. I've never been so displeased in my life and I hope that whoever reads this does not make same mistake I did and go there.

I got a SUV from Car-Mart. Within two weeks it started dying going down the road. So I took it back to Searcy car-mart. They said they would fix it on Monday. Well come Monday they said it was fixed. So I went it up after they were closed. Thinking my SUV was fixed. It wasn't it still doing it so I turned around and took it back. Now I'm waiting on someone to call me back.

Purchased a used car in March 2015. Had an airbag sensor replaced that was faulty. Then found a recall for ignition that wasn't taken care of so we took it to a dealer for repair. Have put 17000 miles on a $13000 dollar car and having nothing but problems. Driving the car at 65 mph the gauges started going up and down while the car lost power steering and I made it to a gas station and proceeded to try to get the car home with a hard shifting transmission. Took the car in. Car Mart had it for 7 days and said we were crazy, there was nothing wrong with the car. Really. The car is unsafe to drive, poor throttle response and a very hard shifting transmission and has electrical problems. Can't seem to get a call back. Thanks for nothing.

I was purchasing a car from CAR-MART and I did searches are what my car was really worth, only 5200 in good condition. My payoff is 10,000, plus I can't pay for a vehicle that needs repairs, like it needs a complete tune-up, electrical problems, and it also broke down with me. And now due to family sickness, I can't pay for it anymore and I had a overall bad experience with them. Please be wise when choosing to buy a vehicle and do your homework.

The ladies that work here are very rude and unprofessional, both at their employer and outside of the office. They let customer's personal information out, they reuse paper with this information on it for their personal use. I would not do business with them, you take a chance of personal information to get out. And when it comes to finances, it should be kept confidential. They should not be allowed to use paper with this personal information on it for their personal use. This information make its way into another state.

I bought 1 car and 1 truck from Car-Mart in McAlester ok. The car I purchased with in the first month I had to take back to Car-Mart because I was having transmission problems and even though I was paying $80 a week I had to pay even more weekly to get the car fixed. The truck I bought with in a week the tail lights stopped working. Then the dash lights. Never could get it fixed. I wouldn't buy not one more car from them to save my life.

I bought from here, asked them for something reliable cause my son has a lot of health problems. Drove off the lot and it stalled in the middle of the hwy. They said they would fix it no problem. It was problem after problem, repair after repair at my expense. Then I was making payments and had to get another car from somewhere else and my son was in the hospital after being airlifted and almost died. I told them I'd be in when I could. They showed up at my door demanding an exact time when I could be there. I said he had just gotten home last night, "I'll be there when I can," and told them to leave over 3 times. Oh have I mentioned I was only 4 days late. They sent a tow truck 30 min later and took the car and called a hour later and said my payment was still due and I was still responsible for it and she said she was from corporate.

America's CAR-MART Company Profile