Wealthfront

Compare Automated Investment Services

Research top Automated Investment Services recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

The service is pretty accurate and I received pretty much what I expected from this company. I would highly recommend it to family and friends who are looking for investments. They are very helpful. They help me understand what I am getting myself into financially and are there to help answer any questions that I have about their services. The additional fees really aren't that big of a deal for the service that I received from them. They are worth paying more for and I would expect to pay more for better services. Very easy to use with the help that I received. Before them, I had no idea what I was doing. Now I am better at what I am doing.

They were very nice and patient with me. I enjoyed talking to them, very delightful. They made it known to me that they would do whatever they could to help me through it. I was pleased with what I was seeing and it was cool. I enjoyed it very much. They were moderately priced and covered everything they should've. I wasn't upset about the additional fees at all. It was very easy to use... I knew what was going on and I wasn't confused... Everything was set in steps so I could easily maneuver around.

Whenever I have questions that need to be answered on the phone I always receive high quality service. They are very nice and polite. They have always been able to answer all of my questions in a timely manners. The customization options are quite nice. I am able to choose just the services that I need without any extra stuff I don't. I feel like I get a personalized high quality service. The fees are very low considering the type of service that they provide. Compared to other providers they are quite competitive. I have always been very happy with all of the costs associated with my account. The service is very intuitive and easy to use. Everything works just the way you would want it to. I have encountered no major difficulties and find it to be a very pleasant service to use.

They are there and ready to help anytime. They answer all questions fast and don't make you feel like you don't know what you're doing. If there is a investment you want they already are informed, no need to go look things up, all consultants are very knowledgeable. You can spread your assets across multiple areas and they still have all understanding, it's like they do their homework ahead of time so not to waste your time - very interesting approach to doing business. I like the modern way they do it. Fees are listed upfront not hidden so when your transaction is done you don't get a list of ten new fees you weren't aware of before. They're very transparent about this is one reason to do business with them, they're upfront - no lies. The automated system is by far the easiest one there is even if you have no experience you can navigate real easy. It's a step by step lesson that even a novice can work, was designed to be user friendly.

Customer service was great and they really took the time to explain things out for me whenever I needed help. Whenever I call and have a problem they will always be nice and courteous. The customization is unlike any other I have seen in the business. You can customize your messages and whatnot to fit your needs. They are some of the best in the business. They describe the additional fees that they tack on. There is really no guess work on what you are and aren't paying. It's pretty cut and dry on what you pay each night. It's pretty easy to use the program and whatnot. You can use the program everyday and cater it to your needs. It's a great program and its definitely one of the best.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wealthfront ?

Had lots of the things I like and made me feel good about the whole thing. Made me realize I made a good call, a good decision so I ended up really happy so I’m glad I made that decision. They had a lot of different plans I could use which all suited me well and I was happy about the whole entire deal. I couldn’t enjoy myself more in any way so it was very beneficial and ideal. They did the things I was looking for them to do and how I liked them to be done and in the amount of time I’d like things to be done. Nothing bad about it whatsoever. It had everything I needed to use and made things so much easier for me and there was lots of assistance in case I needed it which I like and value from a company.

On most occasions the customer service was adequate, but nothing in particular was done to go above and beyond what one would consider as exceptional service. Customization was pretty good overall. Their recommendations were good and the advice I received was pretty much adequate or on par to what I expected from their company. Some of their fees seemed fairly high considering what was being asked of them. They should look into the standard charge for such items and see if they are charging adequate prices. Their system as a whole was pretty easy to use and never remember any problems or issues that occurred at any given point in time.

The service was very fast. The workers were very kind and apologized if they were at least a few minutes late. I was impressed. I was in, then I was out! Great experience. It was very well customized to my needs and I bet to the needs of others as well. I would recommend this to my friends and family. There were not many additional fees. The price was well suited for my wallet and I was very impressed in the lack of fees that would not benefit me. I only payed for what I needed. It was also very easy to use. I love this company as well as the product they give to me. I believe my family and friends would be satisfied with how easy it is as well.

Expert Review

Barbara FriedbergPersonal Finance Contributing Editor

Barbara Friedberg, MBA, MS is a former investment portfolio manager with decades of financial experience. Friedberg taught Finance and Investments at several universities. Her work has been featured in U.S. News & World Report, Investopedia, Yahoo!Finance and many more publications.    More about Barbara→

Wealthfront is an automated investment manager. The Wealthfront approach offers globally diversified investment portfolios with low management fees.  The firm serves investors with retirement and traditional investment accounts.

• Low fees: Wealthfront focuses on keeping users’ costs down. The Wealthfront fee structure is transparent. There are no fees for investments valued at less than $10,000. All accounts valued at more than $10,000 pay an annual advisory management fee of 0.25 percent of assets under management (AUM).
  • Extremely tax-efficient: The daily tax-loss harvesting service manages investments to minimize taxes and maximize returns. Wealthfront claims this will increase returns by more than 1.55 percent per year.
  • Clearing company: Apex Clearing Corporation (Apex), an independent clearing firm holds the Wealthfront assets. Apex serves over a million customer accounts from major brokerage firms.
  • No outside accounts: Wealthfront isn’t set up to incorporate holdings from accounts outside of the Wealthfront platform.
  • Portfolio review: This free Wealthfront service analyzes the user’s investment portfolio according to fees, tax efficiency, cash drag and diversification. The review compares the consumer’s holdings with an efficient, diversified portfolio and informs individual’s how to improve their investing.
  • Periodic rebalancing: The Wealthfront platform rebalances consumers’ investments back to their preferred asset allocation on a regular basis.
  • Best for New and experienced investors seeking low fee, diversified and automated investment management.

Compare Automated Investment Services