Find an Extended Auto Warranties partner

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

Find my match

About GWC Warranty

GWC Warranty provides extended auto warranties that protect customers from expensive vehicle repairs. The company works with independent drivers, dealers and agents, offering a variety of protection plans to match your budget and needs. Its products include Exclusionary Coverage and Stated Component Coverage.

Find Extended Auto Warranties partners near you

Pros

• Customizable add-ons
    • High-mileage options
    • Coverage for new or used cars

Cons

• Only at select dealerships
    • Costs not available online

Bottom Line

GWC Warranty is an extended auto warranty broker offering plans for cars with up to 200,000 miles. Although it's only available at certain dealerships, representatives can answer questions in person.

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

Find my match

GWC Warranty Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GWC Warranty?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about GWC Warranty?

Original review: Oct. 15, 2020

I never purchase extended coverage plans. My gut was correct and I more than regret purchasing this plan. I was convinced by a friend to purchase the top of the line coverage from GWC. Lo and behold, I experienced an internally lubricated part within the transmission fail. The warranty is clear that all internally lubricated parts are covered. This is the case until you file a claim. Turns out all internally lubricated parts are covered with the exception of my internally lubricated part. I am on my own to cover the entire bill. I will never purchase a plan from a company who looks to manipulate wording to get out of a claim. This has been a terrible experience for me. Never Again.

GWC Warranty response

Hello Brendan, please provide your contract number or the last six of your VIN so we can look into your claim. Thank you, GWC Warranty

Original review: Oct. 13, 2020

I bought a 2014 Subaru Crosstrek last year that had been maintained beautifully at a Subaru dealership. The car dealership offered to sell me the GWC warranty and I bought it as I am a medical student that wouldn't be able to afford it if something went catastrophically wrong with my car. When I was driving, the car broke down and I had it towed to a preferred facility who said that the transmission froze causing two of my axles to break. GWC sent out an inspector who said that the transmission froze due to low differential fluids. The problem is that the transmission has been serviced by the Subaru Dealership within the manufacturer's recommended 30,000 miles.

It is stated in the contract that I signed that the car must be serviced as recommended by the manufacturer's guidelines and it has. Now they are trying to say that it is not covered because of the fluid being low, even though it has been serviced. This company will try to get out of covering anything, and you are better served saving your money. They are currently re-reviewing my case, and I will update this review if they decide to become a reputable company. I will be taking further steps to make sure that they follow the contract that I signed.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2020

Updated on 09/29/2020: After finally get my vehicle repaired after taking 3 weeks calling GWC, The Mechanic shop had informed me the my truck had a exhaust leak in the manifold and it looks like due to warpage of the manifolds the bolts broke off, which is a common problem on those years of the truck, so I looked up my coverage where it sates manifolds and gaskets are covered so the shop called the GWC who said the bolts are not covered, so once again on the phone with GWC who 2 reps on 2 separate calls said that if indeed the manifolds where damaged cracked or warped that you they would pay for the repair, I would need to consent to have them taken off and they would need to send pictures of the damaged manifolds.

So I took the truck to a exhaust specialist who told me the same things that the manifolds are cracked or warped, so I made a appoint with Jumbos auto who had done the previous work that they had to fight with GWC to get fixed, for Tuesday the 29th since Yom Kippur they were closed on Monday, So I thought I had better call to confirm what I had been previously told that if the manifolds are cracked or warped that they would cover it, otherwise it would be a $1200 cost to me to repair. So now GWC informed me they called the dealer and said the dealer would assist me in the repair. So I call the dealer who said he did not say that at all.

I would have never bought the truck with the sound it now makes from the exhaust and the smell in the cab, I would have asked the dealer to fix it before purchase or bought another truck I had a deposit down on. So now GWC is telling me they will not pay for anything having to do with exhaust and they want a 3 way call with the dealer, I have no information on what the dealer said or even why they called them. Again this seems to be a business practice at GWC to try to get out of paying for repairs.

They have the opinion that since they paid for the 1st repairs after 3 weeks and the run-around that now they are not paying for anything and that this is my fault somehow, after taking Ubers to work and making arrangements for my job and travel that I really wanted this to happen. And now I have a car I spent every penny I had on that I can't really drive. It’s just not right.

Original Review: After spending every penny I had on a used truck, The dealer had pitched me a warranty which I thought was a good idea based on the mileage and year, so I did some research and even asked my mechanic who said GWC was better than mos and had a good relationship with them, and the dealer said that they were really good. So I purchased it.

I drove the truck for 2 days when the engine was making a diesel sound and a sound ticking sound, (9-8-2020) so I called my mechanic said not to drive it and they would pick it up. The shop then called and said I would need to agree to the diagnostic fee to take the motor a part S485.00, So I agreed and then he called a day later and said it was the timing chain and the spacers and the loud ticking was the exhaust manifold either cracked or warped and broke a few of the bolts off and it was leaking exhaust which I did smell in the cab same day it started running bad and making a Dieseling sound. So I checked my warranty, and it listed timing chain and the exhaust manifold. I called the dealer and he said not to worry. It would be covered.

So the shop put a call in to GWC, who did not take their word for the repairs 3 days go by while we wait for them to send a third party to inspect the damage parts and then another 3 days for GWC to review it. After multiple calls to GWC (on hold every time forever) then said it would be the next morning, then the next then they said they were waiting on report, (which I knew they already had I checked with the inspectors office) so I felt I was getting the run around, so finally the shop called me (09/17/20) and said they need picture of the cam so they sent that then they called me back later that evening and said they would not cover the manifolds but would cover the timing chain. I called GWC and they stated the inspector said the leak was due to missing bolts, the manifolds were not removed.

So I did some research on the topic and its a common problem on the F150 for the manifold to crack or warp causing the bolts to break, so they are denied the claim without really knowing. So the shop said they would need to take off and inspect, I have not slept in 2 weeks 9with the cost hanging over my head) and have had to take Ubers to work. I reviewed the warranty and it does say the manifold is covered and informed the dealer who said it was for sure covered. So now I need to have the shop take the manifolds off to inspect at my cost and repair at $1300. This is my first experience with a auto warranty company and it's been a nightmare. I spent every penny I had on the truck and really don't have the money to fix it, and basically the truck is undrivable.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2020

I purchased a 4 year old car with a GWC warranty, thinking I would drive with no worries. A year later the engine light came on and it would sometimes cut off so, I takes it in to the shop to get it repaired. I found out that it would cost over a $1000 to get repaired. I’m still thinking everything’s going to be ok because, I have a warranty with GWC. I was so wrong. They told me they don’t cover the outside of the engine even though the car doesn’t run and the engine light is on. Now I’m coming out of my own pocket for the repairs. This is the worst warranty company to buy from. Please shop around, I wish I did!

Original review: July 30, 2020

I bought a used car from dealership. I had gotten the Essential plan .. thinking this is a great idea.. I had the car one week and one day driving home from work car started to overheat. I pull the car over. Turn it off smoke coming out of the engine. I call GWC for roadside assistance at 7:20 pm. Was on hold forever. Someone answer about 7:50. Supposedly couldn’t hear me. Told me to call back. I do. On hold again then get message they close at 8:00 pm. So I called a tow company to get the car home. Call GWC next day. They tow the car to a a licensed auto shop. Long story short the engine needs to be replaced. The auto shop does not replace engines so call GWC.

We tow the car to Sunny’s Auto where I purchased the car because they have auto repair shop. I pay the out of pocket expense for the tow they don’t cover. Well I talked to the guy at the auto shop and he proceeds to let me know that GWC does not cover the repair because a hose busted and got liquid all over the engine and the hose is the cause of the engine failure. This is what GWC told me and the auto shop.. From first to last conversation with all of the people I talked to from GCW knew everything that went down with the car and that the car overheated. The white smoke coming out of hood, engine fried because it overheated. Remember I only had this car for one week and they don’t cover the cost because the hose busted.

What a scam this company is... I would never recommend it to anyone.... I work hard for every bit of money I make and sure do not have money to throw away on a car I have had for a week.. I have literally have cried over over because of the financial position this is putting in.. I don’t have a few thousand of dollars laying around to buy another engine... Shame on this company I taking advantage of people especially in these times.. So disappointing.... So if you are buying a car do not have any dealings with GWC..

Original review: July 9, 2020

I purchased the extended warranty for my 2013 535I BMW and have only made one claim against my warranty in three years. Unfortunately, during this Covid 19 pandemic, my car need repairs. I am a critical nurse and had no choice but to have repairs completed immediately so I could get back and forth to work. I submitted my claim to GWC and it was denied. I am so upset. The customer service manager admitted the work I had completed was covered but refused to assist me with my claim. I paid $3100.00 for this warranty and only used it once. Buyer beware.. Save your money. The money spent on buying the extended warranty can be used to pay for your car repairs.

Original review: May 14, 2020

I bought a car from a small car dealership less than a month ago. 3 weeks into it I’m having issues because the car starts jerking when I drive it so I take it into one of GWC’s shops. The shop told me I would need to have my transmission rebuilt/replaced among other issues. So GWC sends a person to inspect and review the claim. This person reported back that because my transmission fluid was too low, GWC would be unable to cover my transmission repair. They said I should’ve had it checked at a shop beforehand. This such BS!

It’s been less than a month since I got the car, how am I supposed to verify that the transmission fluid is low before purchasing it?! All I’ve had are bad experiences with this company. Most people aren’t gonna check their transmission fluid or be able to before making a purchase. It’s an elaborate way for them to avoid paying the big bucks to cover a transmission repair. Save yourself the money and just keep an emergency fund for repairs instead!

Original review: May 7, 2020

Less than 6 months ago I bought a used car from Coast Auto in Bay Pines, Florida. With this vehicle I purchased the GWC warranty. First let me say that the car lot scammed me because in less than 6 months with a car that I only use as a disabled veteran driving my disabled mom to doctors appts and to the grocery store, it already needed $1500 worth of work done to it. So I take it to the mechanic feeling good that I paid extra for a warranty. Little did I know that it was a complete waste of money and a complete scam. The car needed the camshaft sensor fixed because it kept shutting off in the middle of traffic, the transmission started missing and was found to have leaks, the U joints were bad, the front brakes were 90% gone, and the back rotors were 50% gone...all of this within 6 months driving it no more than 3x a month.

Here's where the shocker comes in, GWC would only cover the U joints. That's it! $300 out of $1500 worth of work. I say again, what was the purpose of paying extra for a warranty that is such garbage and covers practically nothing. Don't be scammed by this company the way I was. Save your money. You'll need it to pay to have your car fixed because GWC warranty sure won't cover it for you.

Original review: April 13, 2020

This company is pretty cut dry on what they cover and whatnot. I had to pay 700 dollars for a coolant temperature sensor that wasn’t covered in my warranty in which that’s understandable but they covered my thermostat that was right beside the sensor that had went bad so I called to see if I could get some help with the labor bill since it all was in the same area just out of courtesy and got immediately told no! Waste of a 2,500 dollar warranty in my opinion. They are really picky on what they want to cover or whatnot.

GWC Warranty response

Hi, I am sorry you have had a bad experience. Please provide your contract number or the last 6 of your VIN so we can look into your claim. Thank you, GWC

Original review: March 17, 2020

The claim submission was easy. They had to replace the motor, so they had a lot of testing and stuff they wanted to do. So my claim did take a little longer than I would’ve wanted to but it was fine afterwards.

GWC Warranty response

Hello Ryan, we appreciate you taking the time to leave us this feedback. We hope you have a great day!

Original review: March 15, 2020

We bought the GWC warranty in 2017. The people we bought the car from recommended it. The auto warranty is great but dealing over the phone with people was really horrible. It was like pulling teeth to get them to fix our car. We had a problem recently where we had to take the car in at the service center that we had it at. They tried to call on our behalf and were treated rather poorly on the phone. Then we tried to call and figure out what we could do to help, and it was like we’d call one day and GWC would call the next day but would know nothing about it. This went on for about a week until we finally got somebody a little higher up or a manager who finally spoke with my husband and straightened it out.

We were getting all these warnings and when the service center put the car on the computer, it ended up with the turbo having to be replaced. GWC wanted it taken apart to the turbo before they would say they’d pay for it, which was was gonna be on our lap to pay for the seven hours of labor to do it if they didn’t cover it. And the way that the service center had to take the car apart so that they could show GWC the video of it caused other problems. The oil line got crimped and a couple of other problems arose because of that. This claim took 28 days. GWC covered most of it but wouldn’t pay for the labor at the place we had because labor was higher than what they would cover. We had to pay the difference, about 800 bucks.

GWC Warranty response

Krista, we appreciate your feedback.

Thanks, GWC

Original review: March 14, 2020

GWC was offered in the dealership and I have it for three months now. The pamphlet helped me the most because everything was on there. I called GWC when I had a problem with my car and I went through the warranty after that. That claim went pretty well on my part and I got my engine replaced.

GWC Warranty response

Brain, thanks for sharing your feedback!

Original review: March 8, 2020

I purchased a GWC warranty from the dealership where I bought my vehicle. During a planned trip the engine went out on the vehicle. I took the vehicle to a GWC Warranty “recommended” shop, as I was far from home. The warranty company denied my claim stating that I failed to maintain proper care of my vehicle—proper engine oil level. That said, the engine oil was low based on the shop’s findings. I had recently purchased the vehicle, drove it for less than 1600 miles and checked all fluids prior to my trip, including the engine oil which at the time was at a proper level. The vehicle wasn’t due for an oil. The warranty company didn’t even care to investigate why the oil was consumed in less than 3 hrs of driving. Some internal engine parts must have failed for the oil to have been consumed that quick. Overall, my experience with this company was terrible. You’re best off having a car repair fund than allowing companies like this to steal your hard earned cash.

GWC Warranty response

Hi Ildefonso, I am sorry you have had a bad experience. Please provide your contract number or the last 6 of your VIN so we can look into your claim. Thank you, GWC

Original review: March 2, 2020

GWC Warranty was recommended by a friend of mine who had a BMW and said he had great service with them. At the beginning, their customer service was great. Then towards the latest couple of claims I put in, there was a little misunderstanding about what they were gonna pay for but then at the end, they came through. They need to be a lot clear on what they’re gonna cover. It’s a little confusing unless you are a lawyer reading through this contract. But they did come back and paid my claim. So, overall, I'm definitely satisfied, so far.

GWC Warranty response

Thank you for the feedback, Jerome .

Original review: Feb. 28, 2020

AVOID AT ALL COST! I Have a 2015 black Escalade that I purchased last year April 2019! While at the dealership they proposed GWC extended warranty. Everything looked perfect on papers and since It was my first time buying a used car I thought it was a safe option "Which Was NOT". I went ahead and bought the best and most expensive one they could offer so I'm at peace around $4000. The car had some minor problems so I took it to Cadillac dealership at least 3 times since purchased and I was told that I needed to run a general Mandatory diagnosis if I want to use my GWC warranty. It's an extra $180 each time. "That's a flat rate you need to pay"! A Hidden fee that I was not even aware of but I accepted and it was fine by me. I was under the impression that it will check all the problems that the car.

Recently My escalade had a transmission problem and I had to tow it because it looked serious. After running another $180 diagnose Cadillac sent the report to GWC and as soon as they saw that the repair will be over $2000 That's when everything started to fall. GWC denied my claim saying that it was the transmission fluid that was not changed! My car was in service at least 3 times at the dealership and had a general diagnosis every time. Not even one time someone mentioned something about transmission fluid, I just want to understand why would they do a general inspection, make me pay for it and not let me know that the transmission fluid is low or It needs to be changed. We can go to all records and bring all the people involved and not one person or one paper says that “transmission fluid need to be changed”.

GWC will try anything to blame it on you as soon as the claim is over a certain amount. I purchased the best package GWC had to offer just to not deal with these insurance denials because the salesperson assured me that they cover 100% of anything wrong with the car. I tried to reach out GWC by phone. They let you explain what's going on with the claim then leave you on hold indefinitely or hang up on you. Good luck getting a hold of someone. Sent several emails to GWC claim department. You get the same preset answers that they learn in training. My car is still at the shop not being able to do anything because I'm wasting my time going back and forth with them. I have been with no car for the last 2 weeks just trying to get my claim taken care of. Don't Purchase. It's a SCAM. BIG FLAG GWC warranty. SCAM.

GWC Warranty response

Hi Redouane, I am sorry you have had a bad experience. Please provide your contract number or the last 6 of your VIN so we can look into your claim. Thank you, GWC

Original review: Feb. 25, 2020

Overall my experience has been terrible with GWC. The warranty sounds good on paper, but they deny everything they possibly can and reimbursement rates do not correspond to actual repairs. I bought a 2013 Jeep Patriot and got the full coverage warranty per the dealer. Within 2 weeks I had a check engine light come on. Multiple sensors needed replaced, a control arm had failed, and there was an issue the rear view mirror motor. Total bill was over 2,000 dollars... GWC covered $140 for the control arm. The two garages who GWC sent me to all say they hate working with GWC. Unless you are willing to get angry, visit them in person, and push night and day for what the contract says should be covered, do not buy. If I were a lawyer, I would try to sue for breach of contract. At this point, I'm done with them. You're basically funding a call center that denies claims. Do not buy.

GWC Warranty response

Hi Christopher, I am sorry you have had a bad experience. Please provide your contract number or the last 6 of your VIN so we can look into your claim. Thank you, GWC

Original review: Feb. 21, 2020

GWC covers almost everything I've needed but, sometimes, they get into things with my mechanic and it takes a long time before my services get completed. There were two times when I've had to go without my car for a week and a half, and even two weeks one time, because there were a lot of back and forth, like if they needed to send out inspectors and they would take long. Then after a week or a week and half of my car being at the shop, they’re like, “Oh, we’re just gonna pull the car and send it to somewhere GWC-recommended.” I find that so unprofessional. They cover everything that is said to be covered and, whenever I talk to people at GWC, it’s very good, but according to my mechanic, that’s where the problem is. He said they were very rude to him the last time I had my car repaired. But I'm not sure if that’s because of GWC or my mechanic.

Besides the long time it takes for the service, there’s always getting nervous with the whole rental car procedure. If they don’t approve the rental car because they claim it would only take a few days, but then my car is still in the shop, that puts me out a few hundred bucks. So that's a little bit of hassle. Also, I wish they covered more of the labor rate so I could take the car to an actual Mercedes dealership. A lot of places don’t do repair on Mercedes, like the electronic stuff. And then, with all the repair shops that are contractors with GWC, I haven’t really been able to find one that was close that had a solid rating or good reviews. I would rather go with an actual dealership.

GWC Warranty response

Thanks for the positive review, Taha!

Original review: Feb. 20, 2020

I've had GWC since November of last year and I didn’t have any problem with them when they had to put a new engine in. The process took a long time but it was fine. The truck had to be in the shop for two to three weeks. Still, it was a very seamless transaction. I talked to the adjuster and then it got done.

GWC Warranty response

Thank you for taking the time to let the world know about your positive experience. Have a great day!

Original review: Feb. 13, 2020

I bought a used vehicle at one of our local car dealerships and it was a vehicle that had been traded in. They are one of the authorized service centers and they sold me the GWC warranty. I had to file a claim a month ago and the claim process went very well. It took a couple of days for the claims rep from GWC to go to the dealer and make sure that everything was gonna be covered. They approved everything 100%, so I just had to pay the deductible and fluids. I have a diesel and I lost the injectors. Unfortunately, the car was in the shop for almost three weeks, which was my only complaint with the whole thing. I don’t think that really had anything to do with GWC since that had to do with the local dealership. But the parts manager and the service staff of the dealership did it all on my behalf so it was really seamless and it was good.

GWC Warranty response

Thanks for the review, Jeffrey!

Original review: Feb. 12, 2020

GWC Warranty had the most coverage, so I went with them. Comparing what I expected to what I received, the coverage is a little different because they don't cover sales tax. With the other companies that I have, all you pay is the deductible, I never paid sales tax. That is the only downside, but only if there is a lot of work to do on the car. Also, it actually took them a while to get back with a response. But once they got back with a response of the mechanic, it went fast. I gave all my information to the mechanic, and then he coordinated everything with them.

GWC Warranty response

Thanks for the positive review, Travis!

Original review: Feb. 11, 2020

The dealership that I bought the truck from sold the GWC warranty to me and the guy's crooked. I wish I would've known that at the time. After I bought the truck, I looked him up and he had nothing but lawsuits and edicts against him. He's known for selling cars with engines that blow a month later. At the time, he chose the warranty for us and said that everything was covered. Then, the engine blew about two months into it. It took a long time for GWC to cover the warranty of the engine and it was a hassle to get it all done. I had no vehicle for almost two months and I'll never buy a used car again.

Also, I still had to pay 2,500 out of pocket as they only covered 5,400. That was on top of the 1,500 that I paid for the cost of the vehicle, plus the tow that I had to pay because he said the towing was included and it wasn't. That cost over 200. Aside from that, on the first day after getting the engine, it was leaking draining fluid and they had to replace the transmission shield, which I had to pay for. That was another 200.

GWC Warranty response

Hi Portera, we're sorry to hear you have had a bad experience. Please share your VIN number or policy number so we can review your recent claim. Thanks, GWC

Original review: Feb. 10, 2020

When someone has a legitimate claim, GWC Warranty should just step up to the plate and work it out instead of playing games. When I had to have an engine replaced, it took two months. The first place we took the car to had negotiated. They were at X, and GWC Warranty was at Y. And there was too much out-of-pocket expense that I shouldn't have to pay, especially after paying $3,600 for the warranty. I ended up getting another proposal from a different dealership which brought that bill closer to what I could live with. I wasn’t happy, but it was a lot less out-of-pocket. Other than that, GWC worked and sent their adjustor. But it took a little time. And once everyone was on the same page, the claim moved smoothly.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2020

The dealer bought GWC for the car I purchased recently, it's what they use in his shop as a warranty. Recently, the motor of the car went bad and that was a tough experience for me because I never expect to buy a car and not be able to use the car right away. I filed a claim and it took me too long to fix the car because GWC has their process. They had to see and inspect the car. But I have no complaints.

GWC Warranty response

Thanks for the 5-star review, Andre!

Original review: Feb. 8, 2020

My dealership gave me the option to purchase an Essential warranty from GWC when I purchased my vehicle which is the second-best warranty from that company. Had I known I was gonna have a little bit of trouble with the vehicle, I would've picked the main one. The dealer could've explained the warranty a bit more. At the shop where I took my vehicle, they specialized in a lot of warranties and they explained to me that my warranty is a bit pickier. For instance, if the shop had to disassemble the parts, one of GWC's associates needs to go and look at the work that needs to be done and see if the part is damaged.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2020

GWC was the only one that I was offered with at the dealership. They didn’t go over anything with me, and when I went to the dealership to get something repaired, I came to find out that I didn’t have the highest plan. That was not what was explained to me. So, I paid money for a warranty that is useless. Also, my understanding was I was supposed to get some information sent to me, but I never got anything. I ended up having to pay a lot to get things taken care of. It also took a very long time to finish, and they sent the wrong part. It was a very frustrating process.

GWC Warranty response

Hi Michael, we're sorry to hear you have had a bad experience. Please share your VIN number or policy number so we can review your recent claim. Thanks, GWC

Original review: Feb. 1, 2020

Luxury vehicles like the one that I currently have need a vehicle service contract. I understand that being German-made, when their parts go on it, it cost more than your general or American-made vehicles. For instance, I recently had a transmission replaced and American-made transmission for the same size sedan is probably a third cheaper than a German-made transmission.

Since the dealer only offered GWC Warranty to me when I was purchasing the vehicle, I signed up with them. But had I had the opportunity to do my own and purchase my own warranty, I wouldn’t choose GWC. They are not as transparent as they could be to their consumers who purchased their warranty. They go on with their mantra, “You just forget and drive,” but that’s not really the case. The reason why I purchased the warranty was to reduce the cost out of my own pocket for expenditures and I thought I should only pay the deductible, but I have come to find out that GWC has its own methods of what they think a mechanic here locally or a mechanic at a specialized shop here can do. Then, some of the shops that carry their warranty that will be able to do the work don’t always do the work. And if they do the work, those vendors are in some of the most rural locations that you can go to.

One time, I had a radiator problem on my Mercedes. It happened on a weekend and I gotta go to work on Monday. So, GWC told me I could choose the shop. But what they wanted to do was negotiate based upon how much they wanted to pay the mechanic. Then, if the mechanic told them the price of the part, they'd say they could find it cheaper. And what it means to them is that the part could be a cannibalized part, a used part, or an OEM part. But if they can get it cheaper and send it in, then they will honor their contract 100%. But if your mechanic refuses, it would be a different story. Like my Mercedes mechanic when it came out to the transmission. He wanted to use a Mercedes German-made transmission because it provides the customer, me, more warranty. If they would have used the one that GWC sent to them, they will warrant the work but not the transmission.

In both cases, I ended up having to spend money out of pocket. For the first case, I spent additional $500, and in this previous case, I spent another $850 because GWC doesn’t tell you upfront about that. And the way their contract is written is very convoluted where it doesn’t specify everything. If you look at their contract, they have wording in big bold letters, but it takes your eyes away from the smaller print that they wrote in there. Still, they can say that legally, it's in the contract. But it's distracting when they put those big bold letters upfront. They think that is what you need to see but what their customer really need to see is how they execute those in big bold letters, which they don’t turn their heads to because if anything is sticking out in front of you, you're gonna look at that. So, their contract structure is very deceiving to the eye.

Even when it comes down to their ability to say when the mechanic should only get paid this much money to do the work is questionable. They use a system called All Data and I can get on All Data and review how much a mechanic should be able to get paid on that work. But I don’t have a sign in or log in with All Data, so it's not as seamless as they make it seem to be when you buy or purchase a warranty from GWC. Despite that, that’s the warranty that most used car dealerships are pushing towards their customers because it's fairly cheap. But it's not cheap when you actually have to go use it to get things done. It's not as clean-cut as it seemed to be. Other than that, when you're calling to find out whether they pay'd pay out on a claim, their customer service is slow. So, I ended up having to reach back to them to find out if they processed my claim, versus them contacting me and informing me about its status.

GWC Warranty response

Hi Rondal, we're sorry to hear you have had a bad experience. Please share your VIN number or policy number so we can review your recent claim. Thanks, GWC

Original review: Jan. 31, 2020

I had a GWC Warranty, check this site for reviews and found them acceptable. Had a problem with my Engine, they first took forever to get to the car to diagnose it, they kept saying it was not torn down enough. One day when they were supposed to send someone to look at it no one showed up. I spent the day there to see if they were going to come and they did not. I called and was told they ask for pictures and the car was not torn down enough.

I had spend about 300 in car rental by then, they are not quick at all. When they were able to inspect my car, I was told they were replacing the Engine as a favor, they saw sludge and did not have to, but they were helping me because they had taken so long. I was too through. They sent the first engine and it had broken parts and had to be returned. The second engine had to have the water pump assembly replace, it was leaking, then the car was released. That was September 21, 2019. Today January 31, 2020, my car stopped again making the same noise. I am again stranded. I am going to reach out to them and see if the engine came with a warranty of any type. I had the oil changed already and was about to get it done again. I am so disgusted when this site said that only had 1 1 star review, I have read several. I am again without transportation to work, guess I won't get any favors this time. I will be exploring my recourses for this matter.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2020

They ended up having to put the motor in, and the process of getting to that conclusion was to hang-up or I ended up having to pay the mechanics. It took hours to do all the research work and drop pants waiting on GWC's representative because he came out twice. But it's expected. Overall, everything went good. I also used GWC for starter parts and everything went good as well. I called them and then everything got referred to the actual mechanic itself. Then we did all the communication back and forth with the mechanic and all the motor stuff.

GWC Warranty response

Thanks for the positive review, Allen!

Original review: Jan. 28, 2020

The first couple of times I've submitted a claim, they were great. The third time was a lot of hassle, but it was good. They’ve taken care of me. But I didn't like that I never talked to any adjusters at all. I could’ve had more communication between me and the adjuster instead of with customer service. And when I requested for my adjuster to contact me, I never got a contact from an adjuster. Other than that, they were excellent.

GWC Warranty response

Glad to hear you had a positive experience, Eddrena! Thanks for the feedback.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2020

The other day the transfer case went out on my 2015 GMC Terrain. Won't cover the repair because I have no proof that the transfer case fluid was changed at 97,000 miles. I purchased the vehicle with just over 94,000 miles. I have maintained the vehicle personally as I was a lube tech in the past. So don't try and save money and maintain the vehicle yourself because you won't have proof. I know the transfer case was full, the fluid was not contaminated and was not burnt. There was absolutely nothing wrong with the fluid. In my contract under article 11, it does not say anything at all about the transfer case.

GWC Warranty response

Sorry to hear you had a bad experience, James. Please share with us the last 6 numbers of your VIN or contract number so that we can get an agent to reach out.

GWC Warranty Company Information