3.20/5

Avoca, PA

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Established in 1995, GWC Warranty has been providing extended auto warranties to help drivers feel safer & protected. GWC works with independent drivers, dealers & agents. GWC offers a variety of protection plans in order to help you find the one that works best for your budget & your needs. Contact us today or visit our website to learn more about our available plans.

GWC Warranty Reviews

Original review: Nov. 26, 2019

I purchase the extended warranty as soon as I was out of my factory warranty on my BMW 328i. It cost $4,000. The only 2 times I ever tried to use it, GWC refused to cover the costs, even though they were specifically covered in the contract. It was a complete waste of $4,000. They are scammers and will take advantage of you. Please do yourself a favor, and do not do business with the company. I wish I'd done a little more research before I did.

GWC Warranty response

Hi Emmee, sorry you have had a bad experience. Please share your VIN number or policy number so we can review your recent claim

Original review: Nov. 15, 2019

I purchased my GWC warranty last year and used it to do something on the vehicle. When I needed it and I called, customer service was fine. They helped me out. The warranty covered what I needed it to cover at that time. In the sense of the coverage, I was satisfied. But when I canceled the warranty because we changed to the new car, I asked for a refund and they said no. I don't understand that much.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2019

I had to get my car fixed so I had to drop it off to the shop and then they fixed it. When I talked to the gentleman at GWC on the phone, he said it would be covered. So I paid for it and they gave me a receipt. I called GWC the next day and the gentleman I spoke to on the phone said his boss was not gonna cover it. But things would've been covered. So I’m dissatisfied. If you get something fixed, as long as you call them and you have a reputable place to fix the car, they should give you up to 24 hours to put a claim in.

GWC Warranty response

Hi John, sorry you have had a bad experience. Please share your VIN number or policy number so we can review your recent claim

Original review: Nov. 5, 2019

I was getting a used vehicle. GWC looked like they had the best options and best prices for what I was looking for. I had a really good dealer and he explained it very well. That’s what kinda helped me get this warranty. He also showed me all the package, he went through them all, and he kinda recommended GWC. In the end, I picked the one I felt fit me. I've been with GWC for a year and a half. I used them a few times and every time, it went very well and easy. I didn’t have any problems. When I had to get my car fixed, the people had to get in touch with GWC and they worked that all out. That was the last time I contacted them. The warranty service is of very good quality. If I could, I would maybe try to stay with them for my next vehicle.

GWC Warranty response

Thank you so much for your kind words, Lamar. We really appreciate you taking the time out to share your experience with us.

Cheers,

GWC Warranty

Original review: Oct. 29, 2019

The last claim I had with GWC was for the motor of my truck. I had to have the repair shop take the motor out and inspect it. Then GWC sent out a second inspector for us to get approval for the oil changes. We had to jump through quite a bit of hoop but I understood that. My warranty has expired now but overall, my experience with them has been good.

GWC Warranty response

Hi Adam, thanks for the review. Best, GWC Warranty.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GWC Warranty?

Original review: Oct. 28, 2019

Our GWC warranty is very good and I don't think I'll ever buy another used car without one. When we submitted a claim, everything went smooth. The repair place helped us out. Because the vehicle was so new, the dealership covered what little cost that was coming out of pocket and even paid for the repair place to get new breaks on the vehicle. We didn't pay a dime. The dealership and the repair place are great. We're very happy and we've been relieved to have purchased the warranty.

GWC Warranty response

Hi Kathleen, we love to hear news like this. So happy to have you as a customer! Best, GWC Warranty.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2019

I got an extended coverage for my vehicle because you never know when something breaks down in the car. GWC called me and told me about it, and I said, “Okay.” The rep said that we could only get one warranty and if we don’t get it, then we won’t be able to ever get the warranty again. I was not that satisfied because I had to pay $2,700 out of pocket. I had a brand new engine, and though they paid most of it, I had to pay a big lump sum of it too.

GWC Warranty response

Hi Nicholas, thanks for the feedback. Please send us your VIN or Policy number so we can check into why you had out of pocket expenses. Best, GWC Warranty.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2019

Our friend referred GWC Warranty to us and said it is a good company. Everything went well when we were signing up. They wanted me to come by and the rep just made me sign some paper. It took about five minutes which wasn't that long. I just filed a claim for my AC condenser, and it went well. Everything's working now. The only thing is I thought that it covers everything but it doesn't. In the future, I might upgrade to the premium one.

GWC Warranty response

Thanks for the review Ives! Much appreciated and we are happy to have you as a customer.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2019

When I was purchasing a Land Rover, GWC Warranty was offered by the dealership. They answered all the questions that I had in a timely manner. Unknown to everybody who was involved, immediately, there was some engine work that needed to be done on the vehicle, which GWC covered. I took the vehicle to the service providers that I wanted and they worked hand-in-hand with the warranty company. Everybody was nice and I was kept in the loop by both GWC and the service provider. They let me know exactly what was going on, how everything was flowing and got everything done for me. GWC is a great aftermarket warranty and a good value for your investments.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2019

I was buying a used a car so I wanted to make sure that I will have no issues as far as mechanics is concerned and the dealership told me that GWC was the best option as far as what they had available. But the whole experience was terrible. I wish I never would’ve bought anything from them, not that car or the warranty. It took forever to process the claim and I just got the car back two weeks ago. So that’s about four months that I was out of my vehicle. The car had broken down in Maryland. I went to put gas in it and then it just wouldn’t start back up. I had it towed out to the Audi dealership and they said the engine was blown. This was two weeks after I purchased the vehicle. I had to get the vehicle back out to New York, wait for the claim to be processed and then wait for GWC. They took three weeks before they went out and inspected the vehicle. It was a whole big hassle that I wish I never had them.

The dealership had also told me that rental would be covered throughout the whole entire time if my car broke down but that was not the case. But GWC only covered five days, up to $35 a day. It was about three months that I had a rental that I was paying for and that I took a couple of thousand dollars loss on. I originally only wanted to spend $10,000 to $15,000 but I winded up spending close to $20,000. And although the car got fixed, the AC is now not working and I don’t know if these guys cover that or not. I’m working on that right now as well. The GWC reps were nice and kind. But the claim itself was what the dealership was going through with GWC and they only called and asked me about what happened. GWC is like any other warranty service. You only get a certain amount and certain things covered.

GWC Warranty Company Information