3.33/5

Avoca, PA

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Established in 1995, GWC Warranty has been providing extended auto warranties to help drivers feel safer & protected. GWC works with independent drivers, dealers & agents. GWC offers a variety of protection plans in order to help you find the one that works best for your budget & your needs. Contact us today or visit our website to learn more about our available plans.

226 GWC Warranty Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 23, 2019

When I bought my BMW four years ago, I asked the dealer for an extended warranty and he said that GWC Warranty was one of the best I could buy so I went with his recommendation. He explained everything to me and he sent a copy of the contract to me before we purchase so I could look it over and see if this is what I was looking for.

The claim process could have been improved. I just recently had an experience where I had to have some front end work done which, for the most part, was covered under the warranty. I had the dealer call GWC and explain to them what was wrong, and they verified it, and they sent a guy out to inspect it and make sure what they were saying was correct. Once he approved it, which took a couple of days, then GWC authorized the repairs. The only thing I did not like was that GWC did not pay for the small parts like nuts and bolts and I thought that was pretty petty for what I paid for the warranty but it’s not something that would cause me not to renew a contract with them. It took ten days to complete the repair because they had to order parts from overseas. Overall, I’m happy with GWC. In fact, I’m intending to get ahold of them when this warranty expires to see about extending it later on after October.

GWC Warranty response

Milton, thank you for sharing your story. We are happy to provide you a No Worries, Just Drive experience and appreciate the feedback on our claims process. Every day, we are striving to provide best-in-class customer service and with your input, can help achieve that goal.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: July 19, 2019

On May 9th I took my vehicle in for ac repair and GWC wanted to use cheap aftermarket parts that would require me having to have the same repair done within a year or less. Well here it is 2.5 months later and my ac is out again because GWC denied the claim to replace the condenser but approved to have compressor replaced. Now they want to pay on $558 ONLY to replace the condenser but not the compressor. If GWC would have approved the overall parts replacement to start with we wouldn't be at this point. So when they replace the condenser the compressor is still not going to work and nor is the ac. Ridiculous and I've paid for this warranty and not going out like this with GWC without a fight. Small claims court, BBB and any other review sites that I can post on.

It's a darn heat wave going on where I live and I've been without my vehicle for 3 days because GWC has been giving the auto repair shop the runaround. Then GWC sent some non=employee of theirs out to inspect the vehicle like the repair shop is not honest. If GWC would have replaced everything recommended the first time on May 9, 2019 we wouldn't be here today.

GWC Warranty response

Carol, I am sorry to hear about your experience. I've escalated your claim with one of our managers and will send you a private message with more details. Thank you for sharing your feedback.

Original review: July 17, 2019

I got a used vehicle and after looking over from the dealer that we bought the vehicle from, we felt having an auto warranty would be beneficial. The dealer provided information about GWC and it sounded good and it was what I needed. The rep was very thorough and my interaction with him was very explanative. He went through the purchase process with me, explained what was and wasn't covered and the different plans and options that were available. Based on the model and how long we were planning to keep the vehicle, we chose the plan that fit our needs. GWC appears to live up to what is advertised. The cost is very minimal and the service is great. I would recommend them to someone else based on my experience so far.

GWC Warranty response

Jeffrey, thank you for your review and recommendation. This story is like music to our ears! We love hearing that customers understand what they are buying and that they found a vehicle service product that fits their needs.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: July 12, 2019

Bought the Powertrain plus warranty for my Hyundai Genesis. The Powertrain supposedly covers the turbo. But when a part on my turbo went out they said they don’t cover that specific part. Ridiculous, I wasted $500 on a warranty and now have to pay $600 to fix my turbo.

GWC Warranty response

Jarrett, I am sorry to hear about your experience. I would like to escalate your claim with one of our managers and see how we can help alleviate your concerns. Once I have more information, I'll send you a private message with more details. Thank you for your feedback.

Original review: July 11, 2019

I sell vehicles and we sell the warranty at my dealership. GWC Warranty is phenomenally good and the person I got the contract from has great knowledge of the warranties. I like the claims process the most. My service provider just calls GWC and tells them what he needs, and they cover it. The repair may take a while because they’re waiting on a part but the warranty takes a day for them to get everything and give the okay for the warranty. I have two vehicles, and I’m fine with both of them.

GWC Warranty response

Tony, thank you for the review! We really enjoy working with you and your dealership. Together we can help get customers the protection they need and get them back on the road quickly.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GWC Warranty?

Original review: July 2, 2019

GWC came with our purchase of the vehicle, which was okay at first until we had to use them a couple of months ago. Because of a defective part that they cover, that defective part went and caused another problem. GWC said they covered the defective part which was a thermostat and not the other part which was the oil filter housing that was cracked due to the thermostat failing. They wouldn’t cover it, so out of $2,100, they only covered $14 on almost $100 of it. We were still left coming out our pocket.

GWC Warranty response

Marvin, I am sorry to hear about your experience. I would like to escalate your claim with one of our managers but am unable to locate your contract based on the name provided here. Can you please share with me the first/last name on the contract or the last six digits of your VIN? Thank you for your feedback.

Original review: June 18, 2019

When we bought the truck, we needed to make sure to at least get something to cover it in case something were to happen. Purchasing from GWC was pretty quick, though if I had known that a lot of things that should be covered aren't covered, I would've gotten my husband a better plan. Still, when they refused to cover the evaporator coil over the air conditioning, the rep got it all straightened out. Overall I would consider checking out the different levels that cover certain things.

GWC Warranty response

Tammy, thank you for the review! You're right. We do have various coverage options available to our customers. If you have any questions surrounding your current coverage or an opportunity to upgrade, please give us a call.

Original review: June 15, 2019

GWC Warranty don’t cover anything. The dealer that I bought my car from said he was gonna give me a one-year warranty free, and he charged me $1,900. Maybe, there’s a reason why because they fixed the transmission. But when there was something wrong with the suspension and engine, they didn’t cover anything - just the transmission. Then I had to spend over $3,000 from out-of-pocket to fix the rest of the car.

GWC Warranty response

Norberto, I am sorry to hear about your experience. I am escalating your claim with one of our managers to see how we can help alleviate your concerns. Once I have more information, I'll reach out to you with more details via private message. Thank you for your feedback.

Original review: June 10, 2019

I'm very disappointed that there's no refund on the warranty remaining after I sold my Jeep. The company I went through previously pro-rated the remaining balance and cut me a check. GWC charged the entire $2000 upfront (which I never had to use) & now that it's sold, the last 5 months- roughly $500 is just lining their pockets. I'd recommend NOT purchasing through any company that keeps your money even when you no longer own the vehicle.

GWC Warranty response

Teresa, I am sorry to hear about your experience. I would like to escalate your claim with one of our managers and return with more information to help alleviate your concerns. I will send you a private message with details once available. Thank you for your feedback.

Original review: June 8, 2019

GWC was offered it to me and my son said I'd better get it, and I’m glad I did. The only problem I had was that after I bought it, I lost the transmission. They replaced it, but they wanted me to take the vehicle up to Harrisburg, and I said I can’t drive it that far. So, they just switched everything down to in Ebersole in Lebanon, Pennsylvania. They were very nice.

GWC Warranty response

Richard, thank you for the review! We are happy to help get you back on the road quickly.

GWC Warranty Company Information