Find an Extended Auto Warranties partner

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

Find my match

About GWC Warranty

GWC Warranty provides extended auto warranties that protect customers from expensive vehicle repairs. The company works with independent drivers, dealers and agents, offering a variety of protection plans to match your budget and needs. Its products include Exclusionary Coverage and Stated Component Coverage.

Find Extended Auto Warranties partners near you

Pros

• Customizable add-ons
    • High-mileage options
    • Coverage for new or used cars

Cons

• Only at select dealerships
    • Costs not available online

Bottom Line

GWC Warranty is an extended auto warranty broker offering plans for cars with up to 200,000 miles. Although it's only available at certain dealerships, representatives can answer questions in person.

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

Find my match

GWC Warranty Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GWC Warranty?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about GWC Warranty?

Original review: Sept. 18, 2020

Updated on 09/29/2020: After finally get my vehicle repaired after taking 3 weeks calling GWC, The Mechanic shop had informed me the my truck had a exhaust leak in the manifold and it looks like due to warpage of the manifolds the bolts broke off, which is a common problem on those years of the truck, so I looked up my coverage where it sates manifolds and gaskets are covered so the shop called the GWC who said the bolts are not covered, so once again on the phone with GWC who 2 reps on 2 separate calls said that if indeed the manifolds where damaged cracked or warped that you they would pay for the repair, I would need to consent to have them taken off and they would need to send pictures of the damaged manifolds.

So I took the truck to a exhaust specialist who told me the same things that the manifolds are cracked or warped, so I made a appoint with Jumbos auto who had done the previous work that they had to fight with GWC to get fixed, for Tuesday the 29th since Yom Kippur they were closed on Monday, So I thought I had better call to confirm what I had been previously told that if the manifolds are cracked or warped that they would cover it, otherwise it would be a $1200 cost to me to repair. So now GWC informed me they called the dealer and said the dealer would assist me in the repair. So I call the dealer who said he did not say that at all.

I would have never bought the truck with the sound it now makes from the exhaust and the smell in the cab, I would have asked the dealer to fix it before purchase or bought another truck I had a deposit down on. So now GWC is telling me they will not pay for anything having to do with exhaust and they want a 3 way call with the dealer, I have no information on what the dealer said or even why they called them. Again this seems to be a business practice at GWC to try to get out of paying for repairs.

They have the opinion that since they paid for the 1st repairs after 3 weeks and the run-around that now they are not paying for anything and that this is my fault somehow, after taking Ubers to work and making arrangements for my job and travel that I really wanted this to happen. And now I have a car I spent every penny I had on that I can't really drive. It’s just not right.

Original Review: After spending every penny I had on a used truck, The dealer had pitched me a warranty which I thought was a good idea based on the mileage and year, so I did some research and even asked my mechanic who said GWC was better than mos and had a good relationship with them, and the dealer said that they were really good. So I purchased it.

I drove the truck for 2 days when the engine was making a diesel sound and a sound ticking sound, (9-8-2020) so I called my mechanic said not to drive it and they would pick it up. The shop then called and said I would need to agree to the diagnostic fee to take the motor a part S485.00, So I agreed and then he called a day later and said it was the timing chain and the spacers and the loud ticking was the exhaust manifold either cracked or warped and broke a few of the bolts off and it was leaking exhaust which I did smell in the cab same day it started running bad and making a Dieseling sound. So I checked my warranty, and it listed timing chain and the exhaust manifold. I called the dealer and he said not to worry. It would be covered.

So the shop put a call in to GWC, who did not take their word for the repairs 3 days go by while we wait for them to send a third party to inspect the damage parts and then another 3 days for GWC to review it. After multiple calls to GWC (on hold every time forever) then said it would be the next morning, then the next then they said they were waiting on report, (which I knew they already had I checked with the inspectors office) so I felt I was getting the run around, so finally the shop called me (09/17/20) and said they need picture of the cam so they sent that then they called me back later that evening and said they would not cover the manifolds but would cover the timing chain. I called GWC and they stated the inspector said the leak was due to missing bolts, the manifolds were not removed.

So I did some research on the topic and its a common problem on the F150 for the manifold to crack or warp causing the bolts to break, so they are denied the claim without really knowing. So the shop said they would need to take off and inspect, I have not slept in 2 weeks 9with the cost hanging over my head) and have had to take Ubers to work. I reviewed the warranty and it does say the manifold is covered and informed the dealer who said it was for sure covered. So now I need to have the shop take the manifolds off to inspect at my cost and repair at $1300. This is my first experience with a auto warranty company and it's been a nightmare. I spent every penny I had on the truck and really don't have the money to fix it, and basically the truck is undrivable.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2020

I purchased a 4 year old car with a GWC warranty, thinking I would drive with no worries. A year later the engine light came on and it would sometimes cut off so, I takes it in to the shop to get it repaired. I found out that it would cost over a $1000 to get repaired. I’m still thinking everything’s going to be ok because, I have a warranty with GWC. I was so wrong. They told me they don’t cover the outside of the engine even though the car doesn’t run and the engine light is on. Now I’m coming out of my own pocket for the repairs. This is the worst warranty company to buy from. Please shop around, I wish I did!

Original review: July 30, 2020

I bought a used car from dealership. I had gotten the Essential plan .. thinking this is a great idea.. I had the car one week and one day driving home from work car started to overheat. I pull the car over. Turn it off smoke coming out of the engine. I call GWC for roadside assistance at 7:20 pm. Was on hold forever. Someone answer about 7:50. Supposedly couldn’t hear me. Told me to call back. I do. On hold again then get message they close at 8:00 pm. So I called a tow company to get the car home. Call GWC next day. They tow the car to a a licensed auto shop. Long story short the engine needs to be replaced. The auto shop does not replace engines so call GWC.

We tow the car to Sunny’s Auto where I purchased the car because they have auto repair shop. I pay the out of pocket expense for the tow they don’t cover. Well I talked to the guy at the auto shop and he proceeds to let me know that GWC does not cover the repair because a hose busted and got liquid all over the engine and the hose is the cause of the engine failure. This is what GWC told me and the auto shop.. From first to last conversation with all of the people I talked to from GCW knew everything that went down with the car and that the car overheated. The white smoke coming out of hood, engine fried because it overheated. Remember I only had this car for one week and they don’t cover the cost because the hose busted.

What a scam this company is... I would never recommend it to anyone.... I work hard for every bit of money I make and sure do not have money to throw away on a car I have had for a week.. I have literally have cried over over because of the financial position this is putting in.. I don’t have a few thousand of dollars laying around to buy another engine... Shame on this company I taking advantage of people especially in these times.. So disappointing.... So if you are buying a car do not have any dealings with GWC..

Original review: July 9, 2020

I purchased the extended warranty for my 2013 535I BMW and have only made one claim against my warranty in three years. Unfortunately, during this Covid 19 pandemic, my car need repairs. I am a critical nurse and had no choice but to have repairs completed immediately so I could get back and forth to work. I submitted my claim to GWC and it was denied. I am so upset. The customer service manager admitted the work I had completed was covered but refused to assist me with my claim. I paid $3100.00 for this warranty and only used it once. Buyer beware.. Save your money. The money spent on buying the extended warranty can be used to pay for your car repairs.

Original review: May 14, 2020

I bought a car from a small car dealership less than a month ago. 3 weeks into it I’m having issues because the car starts jerking when I drive it so I take it into one of GWC’s shops. The shop told me I would need to have my transmission rebuilt/replaced among other issues. So GWC sends a person to inspect and review the claim. This person reported back that because my transmission fluid was too low, GWC would be unable to cover my transmission repair. They said I should’ve had it checked at a shop beforehand. This such BS!

It’s been less than a month since I got the car, how am I supposed to verify that the transmission fluid is low before purchasing it?! All I’ve had are bad experiences with this company. Most people aren’t gonna check their transmission fluid or be able to before making a purchase. It’s an elaborate way for them to avoid paying the big bucks to cover a transmission repair. Save yourself the money and just keep an emergency fund for repairs instead!

Original review: May 7, 2020

Less than 6 months ago I bought a used car from Coast Auto in Bay Pines, Florida. With this vehicle I purchased the GWC warranty. First let me say that the car lot scammed me because in less than 6 months with a car that I only use as a disabled veteran driving my disabled mom to doctors appts and to the grocery store, it already needed $1500 worth of work done to it. So I take it to the mechanic feeling good that I paid extra for a warranty. Little did I know that it was a complete waste of money and a complete scam. The car needed the camshaft sensor fixed because it kept shutting off in the middle of traffic, the transmission started missing and was found to have leaks, the U joints were bad, the front brakes were 90% gone, and the back rotors were 50% gone...all of this within 6 months driving it no more than 3x a month.

Here's where the shocker comes in, GWC would only cover the U joints. That's it! $300 out of $1500 worth of work. I say again, what was the purpose of paying extra for a warranty that is such garbage and covers practically nothing. Don't be scammed by this company the way I was. Save your money. You'll need it to pay to have your car fixed because GWC warranty sure won't cover it for you.

Original review: April 13, 2020

This company is pretty cut dry on what they cover and whatnot. I had to pay 700 dollars for a coolant temperature sensor that wasn’t covered in my warranty in which that’s understandable but they covered my thermostat that was right beside the sensor that had went bad so I called to see if I could get some help with the labor bill since it all was in the same area just out of courtesy and got immediately told no! Waste of a 2,500 dollar warranty in my opinion. They are really picky on what they want to cover or whatnot.

GWC Warranty response

Hi, I am sorry you have had a bad experience. Please provide your contract number or the last 6 of your VIN so we can look into your claim. Thank you, GWC

Original review: March 17, 2020

The claim submission was easy. They had to replace the motor, so they had a lot of testing and stuff they wanted to do. So my claim did take a little longer than I would’ve wanted to but it was fine afterwards.

GWC Warranty response

Hello Ryan, we appreciate you taking the time to leave us this feedback. We hope you have a great day!

Original review: March 15, 2020

We bought the GWC warranty in 2017. The people we bought the car from recommended it. The auto warranty is great but dealing over the phone with people was really horrible. It was like pulling teeth to get them to fix our car. We had a problem recently where we had to take the car in at the service center that we had it at. They tried to call on our behalf and were treated rather poorly on the phone. Then we tried to call and figure out what we could do to help, and it was like we’d call one day and GWC would call the next day but would know nothing about it. This went on for about a week until we finally got somebody a little higher up or a manager who finally spoke with my husband and straightened it out.

We were getting all these warnings and when the service center put the car on the computer, it ended up with the turbo having to be replaced. GWC wanted it taken apart to the turbo before they would say they’d pay for it, which was was gonna be on our lap to pay for the seven hours of labor to do it if they didn’t cover it. And the way that the service center had to take the car apart so that they could show GWC the video of it caused other problems. The oil line got crimped and a couple of other problems arose because of that. This claim took 28 days. GWC covered most of it but wouldn’t pay for the labor at the place we had because labor was higher than what they would cover. We had to pay the difference, about 800 bucks.

GWC Warranty response

Krista, we appreciate your feedback.

Thanks, GWC

Original review: March 14, 2020

GWC was offered in the dealership and I have it for three months now. The pamphlet helped me the most because everything was on there. I called GWC when I had a problem with my car and I went through the warranty after that. That claim went pretty well on my part and I got my engine replaced.

GWC Warranty response

Brain, thanks for sharing your feedback!

GWC Warranty Company Information