Find an Extended Auto Warranties partner

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

Find my match

About GWC Warranty

GWC Warranty provides extended auto warranties that protect customers from expensive vehicle repairs. The company works with independent drivers, dealers and agents, offering a variety of protection plans to match your budget and needs. Its products include Exclusionary Coverage and Stated Component Coverage.

Find Extended Auto Warranties partners near you

Pros

• Customizable add-ons
    • High-mileage options
    • Coverage for new or used cars

Cons

• Only at select dealerships
    • Costs not available online

Bottom Line

GWC Warranty is an extended auto warranty broker offering plans for cars with up to 200,000 miles. Although it's only available at certain dealerships, representatives can answer questions in person.

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

Find my match

GWC Warranty Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GWC Warranty?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about GWC Warranty?

Original review: Jan. 19, 2020

We've had the GWC Warranty policy for almost a year now. We got it through the dealer when we bought our car. They explained everything, and they were right on. We've used it for a claim and the dealer that fixed our vehicle took care of everything. They dealt with them. GWC was reasonable to work with and everything got taken care of.

GWC Warranty response

Thanks for the 5-star review, Amy!

Original review: Jan. 18, 2020

GWC is a really good insurance. The people were very nice and polite. They explained to me what the process was, what was expected of me and what I needed to do. When I had a claim, the transaction was great and it went really smoothly. They told me I could take my vehicle wherever I wanted to take it and they would go from there. And the whole process took about two days. And so, I even went back to the place where I bought the truck from and told them to make sure they encourage people to buy the insurance GWC provides and use me as an example.

GWC Warranty response

Thanks for the feedback David! We're glad you had such great experience.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2020

What's the point of spending over 2000 for a warranty that covers nothing. Took my car to the shop and they can't do anything for me so now I'm holding on to a warranty that's worth nothing. Called the company. Nobody cared at all.

GWC Warranty response

Hi Maurice, please send us your policy number or VIN so we can review your claim, Thanks, GWC.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2020

GWC Warranty was offered to me when I purchased my BMW X5. The last claim that we did was to replace my car's transmission and it went perfect. My car was in the shop for about a week. Every time I’ve had to deal with GWC, everything went great. They’ve been very timely and they’ve covered everything from my contract.

GWC Warranty response

Thanks for the 5-star review, Lisa!

Original review: Jan. 10, 2020

I’m really grateful that we got the warranty and GWC covered at least 75%. It was still $4,000 that had out to come out of my pocket. But if not, I would be making $300-something car payments on a vehicle that will be parked until I had the money to buy a new engine. Because I was buying a used vehicle, I purchased a service contract and GWC was the warranty company that was offered. The rep at the dealership said it was a great plan but he was really pushing it. Then not even a month later, our check engine light came on. My motor mounts were broken and I needed a whole new engine. My master cylinder was getting ready to go out for my brakes as well.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2020

My vehicle's age and mileage prompted me to get a service contract. From what I understood from the dealer, GWC maintains a three-month contract, and I thought it would be best just to stick with them. They told me the car is guaranteed for three months up to three years. They gave me a brochure and it looked good. It looked like they cover most of everything and the rep said everything was. However, I was supposed to get a rental car but never did. Other than that, they had top service. GWC Warranty looked like a reasonably good company.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2020

We were buying a used vehicle and the warranty was a big up for my son. The dealership recommended it, so we just went ahead with it and I’m so glad we did. I would not recommend that dealer to anybody ever again. Absolutely, hands down awful. Their rep barely explained the coverage. He made it seem like GWC would cover everything including the oil changes. I’ve had several vehicles in my lifetime and not one of them has ever covered an oil change.

He didn’t spend the time to detail the three service tiers that they offer and how each tier actually differs from the last. And there really is no difference. You go to the next tier and they’re adding additional items to cover. The only reason I know it like that is because I then did my research and I called GWC directly so I could ask them because it was just sell for the dealership, and that’s their job -- to sell and move the cars off the lot. I thought the car wasn’t that old. You never know how the previous owner treated it. And because this was my son’s newer vehicle, it made sense that he had that extra protection.

Within three months of getting the car, we had our first claim. It was awful dealing with the dealership because we brought it back to the place where we purchased the vehicle, and they did not diagnose it as a water pump. Initially, they diagnosed it as the water pump but did not change it. They changed something else and charged GWC for the water pump.

On the other hand, GWC was fabulous. When I was doing my research and asking questions, I said, “Act like I’m fresh out of the womb and don’t know nothing” and the guy said, “First of all, if you’re talking out of the womb, we need to have a discussion.” He was fabulous. So far, each time I called GWC, I’ve had good experiences and they’ve even given me advice that I didn’t even think of that I should have called them for. I would recommend GWC based on our experience in the last year and a half. My son got his car in November of 2018, then November 2019 we had another issue start and GWC has been fabulous. I would recommend them.

GWC Warranty response

Thanks for the 5-star review, Shelly!

Original review: Jan. 4, 2020

I have a so called power train warranty with GWC. They say "No Worries. Just Drive". Truth is No Worries as long as you don't have to make a claim. A few months ago had an oil leak coming from transmission, denied any coverage. Now I have low compression in one cylinder, denied. So bottomline is if you do have a problem, you will realize it will be twice as much the money wasted on GWC and now the cost of repairs. MORE WORRIES! Save your money from GWC and put it aside for future repairs, that's peace of mind.

GWC Warranty response

Hi David, sorry you have had a bad experience. Please share your VIN number or policy number so we can review your recent claim. Thanks, GWC

Original review: Jan. 4, 2020

I bought an ex-rental Mustang and the dealer sold me this warranty as an all inclusive solution since I know very little about cars and wanted peace of mind. There was a small list of items not included which I was ok with. Recently the center screen failed which means I can't actually control the bulk of the electrical features in the car. Took it to get fixed and the problem is with the central head which affects all the electrics. GWC however refuse to pay for the fix since the specific item that needs replacing is called a Telephone Control Unit and that's what's causing the entire system to fail. They claim that the Warranty is to fix parts not problems and the part itself is not covered, despite the problem being covered.

The Official Ford Service Center that I took the car to tried to explain it to them in multiple ways and to three different people however they refused to budge and rejected the payment. Long story short, I paid $2,300 for an unusable warranty that the Ford Dealer themselves believe should cover the issue and now need to pay another $2,500 to fix the problem myself. You're better off not getting a warranty and just working out any problems on your own.

GWC Warranty response

Hi Prasant, sorry you have had a bad experience. Please share your VIN number or policy number so we can review your recent claim. Thanks, GWC

Original review: Dec. 21, 2019

I was having some issues with my GMC Acadia taking off. I went to the shop and they looked at my vehicle over. They determined that there were issues with my transmission and I needed a new one. They have been battling now with the warranty company and with the third party person that they sent out. It’s just been one thing after another and I literally have not had my car since before thanksgiving. They're trying to say that they need more completed to determine that it’s not just the gear that needs to be replaced.

I had to have my motor replaced a couple of months ago, and I had issues with that as well. It was obvious that I needed a new motor. Then the more the shop kept tearing it down, they kept finding wrong with it and that was what it needed. But the person from the third party company determined that was not what it was and that was not the problem. It was just one thing after another with the third party person that was coming out, and what they were reporting and what they were saying.

The motor eventually got replaced. I had to go almost a whole month, if not, probably longer without my vehicle, just like I’m doing again with the transmission. I have a big family, so I need my SUV. Also, the warranty only covers rentals for five days. So, it put our family in a pinch as well. It has been a hassle with everything. Once I get my vehicle back and we drive it for about a month and a half, just to make sure that everything’s good, we are thinking about canceling the service because of all the troubles that we’ve had with trying to get the motor replaced and trying to get the transmission now replaced. I just would rather go with another warranty company or just figure out how to pay for stuff out of pocket.

For the most part, minus some miscommunication with the lady I was working with at the point in time and stuff not getting sent to me when it was supposed to be emailed to me, I’m happy with the issues going on with the car. With Christmas, it has really put a damper on our financial status. I actually called them a couple of weeks ago to move my first payment date and I was very pleased with how well they handled it. They were willing to move it for two weeks for me so that I would be able to still pay it.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2019

The dealer explained the coverage really good. I'm glad that I got it now. They've done a lot for my vehicle. When I bought the car, there was supposed to be not very many miles on the motor. But the motor only lasted to 105,000 miles in it. It didn't run anymore, and GWC replaced it.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2019

I paid $1700 for the essential package from GWC (2 month ago). Last week I contacted them and chose a repair facility that they work with and took my car there. Out of all the problems they found, there was only one item that they covered. The differential make noise and needs to be replaced. The warranty told the mechanic shop that in order for them to decide whether they will cover the costs or not, the mechanic shop need to disassemble the differential and find a faulty component in there. If they don't find it, then it is not covered. (Then I have to pay for the labor. Plus the differential is not usable anymore if it is opened.) Even if they find the differential faulty, they would only reimburse for a used differential! The mechanic did not recommend that. That was not the customer service I expected from GWC. The customer service seemed nice and available on the phone and you didn't have to wait long time before speaking to them.

GWC Warranty response

Hi Yousef, sorry you have had a bad experience. Please share your VIN number or policy number so we can review your recent claim. Thanks, GWC

Original review: Dec. 14, 2019

They provided me information when I purchased the warranty. The only issue I've had was when I submitted a claim but it wasn’t fixed all the way. It took over a month for me to get my car back. But it still has the issues I told the guy about. GWC covered the motor replacement and they have been fine for the most part. It's just the technician that I dealt with. They told me that I had to pay another deductible and I said not to do that.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2019

I looked GWC up and ran over it, and Jennifer, the person who I had asked, explained everything to me and made me understand it. She made me feel comfortable with getting it. A few times I had to call the warranty company, it worked out for me. They covered what needed to be fixed with no problem. I love GWC. The few things that I had to get fixed in my car, it was under warranty. There wasn't any haggle and there was no back and forth with the company. So, I've already referred a few people.

GWC Warranty response

Thanks for the review- Jamaal!

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

My car had stopped and it was an engine problem. At first, things weren’t going as smoothly with the technicians. It was taking so long. I didn’t have a car. But they finally got things together and we go by first name basis now since I’ve been in there so much. I got the other engine put into it, and everything has been good. They told me that if anything goes wrong, just make sure I call them, so I got them on speed dial. I got a Mercedes, so repair was gonna be expensive. But with GWC, it was good that I didn’t have to come out of my pocket with any money. I like that it was available for me.

GWC Warranty response

Glad to hear it, Darnell! Thanks for the review.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2019

The claims process is very, very easy. Everything is easy to use, and the repairs get done without any hassle. I know the repair guys at the shop and they’re very professional.

GWC Warranty response

Thanks for the 5-star review!

Original review: Nov. 30, 2019

I told GWC that I had to get a rental car because I took my car to the shop. The rep told me that I got to have a credit card and I gotta do it myself. I had to pay out my pocket. They didn't pay for my rental car. They only paid for five days, when I had to pay for damage of two weeks. I didn't like that experience, and then I had to pay a $100 deductible. When you get warranty, you expect to get covered. They ought to pay for something because I'm paying right now every month.

GWC Warranty response

Original review: Nov. 29, 2019

The shop I bought the car from recommended GWC and advised to get it. I contacted GWC and they answered my questions right away. It came in handy earlier this year because I had an oil leak problem and my air conditioning was not blowing cool air. The mechanic shop submitted the claim and they just let me know what came next. It worked pretty well but it took a little bit longer than I expected.

Then, today, I just dropped off my car because I'm having some issues and I would hope that they go fast because this is the only car I have right now. The mechanic is gonna check it out for the symptoms that I gave them. Once they determine what the issue is, they said they’re gonna call GWC and have their guy come out, take a look at it, and then make sure it’s covered under my warranty. Also, I saw on my warranty that they offer up to one week of a car rental so I'm probably gonna be taking advantage of that. Hopefully, they do right by me on that and I’ll go from there. But overall, my overall experience has been very well.

GWC Warranty response

Thanks for the review, Juan!

Original review: Nov. 26, 2019

I purchase the extended warranty as soon as I was out of my factory warranty on my BMW 328i. It cost $4,000. The only 2 times I ever tried to use it, GWC refused to cover the costs, even though they were specifically covered in the contract. It was a complete waste of $4,000. They are scammers and will take advantage of you. Please do yourself a favor, and do not do business with the company. I wish I'd done a little more research before I did.

GWC Warranty response

Hi Emmee, sorry you have had a bad experience. Please share your VIN number or policy number so we can review your recent claim

Original review: Nov. 15, 2019

I purchased my GWC warranty last year and used it to do something on the vehicle. When I needed it and I called, customer service was fine. They helped me out. The warranty covered what I needed it to cover at that time. In the sense of the coverage, I was satisfied. But when I canceled the warranty because we changed to the new car, I asked for a refund and they said no. I don't understand that much.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2019

I had to get my car fixed so I had to drop it off to the shop and then they fixed it. When I talked to the gentleman at GWC on the phone, he said it would be covered. So I paid for it and they gave me a receipt. I called GWC the next day and the gentleman I spoke to on the phone said his boss was not gonna cover it. But things would've been covered. So I’m dissatisfied. If you get something fixed, as long as you call them and you have a reputable place to fix the car, they should give you up to 24 hours to put a claim in.

GWC Warranty response

Hi John, sorry you have had a bad experience. Please share your VIN number or policy number so we can review your recent claim

Original review: Nov. 5, 2019

I was getting a used vehicle. GWC looked like they had the best options and best prices for what I was looking for. I had a really good dealer and he explained it very well. That’s what kinda helped me get this warranty. He also showed me all the package, he went through them all, and he kinda recommended GWC. In the end, I picked the one I felt fit me. I've been with GWC for a year and a half. I used them a few times and every time, it went very well and easy. I didn’t have any problems. When I had to get my car fixed, the people had to get in touch with GWC and they worked that all out. That was the last time I contacted them. The warranty service is of very good quality. If I could, I would maybe try to stay with them for my next vehicle.

GWC Warranty response

Thank you so much for your kind words, Lamar. We really appreciate you taking the time out to share your experience with us.

Cheers,

GWC Warranty

Original review: Oct. 29, 2019

The last claim I had with GWC was for the motor of my truck. I had to have the repair shop take the motor out and inspect it. Then GWC sent out a second inspector for us to get approval for the oil changes. We had to jump through quite a bit of hoop but I understood that. My warranty has expired now but overall, my experience with them has been good.

GWC Warranty response

Hi Adam, thanks for the review. Best, GWC Warranty.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2019

Our GWC warranty is very good and I don't think I'll ever buy another used car without one. When we submitted a claim, everything went smooth. The repair place helped us out. Because the vehicle was so new, the dealership covered what little cost that was coming out of pocket and even paid for the repair place to get new breaks on the vehicle. We didn't pay a dime. The dealership and the repair place are great. We're very happy and we've been relieved to have purchased the warranty.

GWC Warranty response

Hi Kathleen, we love to hear news like this. So happy to have you as a customer! Best, GWC Warranty.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2019

I got an extended coverage for my vehicle because you never know when something breaks down in the car. GWC called me and told me about it, and I said, “Okay.” The rep said that we could only get one warranty and if we don’t get it, then we won’t be able to ever get the warranty again. I was not that satisfied because I had to pay $2,700 out of pocket. I had a brand new engine, and though they paid most of it, I had to pay a big lump sum of it too.

GWC Warranty response

Hi Nicholas, thanks for the feedback. Please send us your VIN or Policy number so we can check into why you had out of pocket expenses. Best, GWC Warranty.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2019

Our friend referred GWC Warranty to us and said it is a good company. Everything went well when we were signing up. They wanted me to come by and the rep just made me sign some paper. It took about five minutes which wasn't that long. I just filed a claim for my AC condenser, and it went well. Everything's working now. The only thing is I thought that it covers everything but it doesn't. In the future, I might upgrade to the premium one.

GWC Warranty response

Thanks for the review Ives! Much appreciated and we are happy to have you as a customer.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2019

When I was purchasing a Land Rover, GWC Warranty was offered by the dealership. They answered all the questions that I had in a timely manner. Unknown to everybody who was involved, immediately, there was some engine work that needed to be done on the vehicle, which GWC covered. I took the vehicle to the service providers that I wanted and they worked hand-in-hand with the warranty company. Everybody was nice and I was kept in the loop by both GWC and the service provider. They let me know exactly what was going on, how everything was flowing and got everything done for me. GWC is a great aftermarket warranty and a good value for your investments.

GWC Warranty response

Thanks for the positive review, Kristopher!

Original review: Oct. 19, 2019

I was buying a used a car so I wanted to make sure that I will have no issues as far as mechanics is concerned and the dealership told me that GWC was the best option as far as what they had available. But the whole experience was terrible. I wish I never would’ve bought anything from them, not that car or the warranty. It took forever to process the claim and I just got the car back two weeks ago. So that’s about four months that I was out of my vehicle. The car had broken down in Maryland. I went to put gas in it and then it just wouldn’t start back up. I had it towed out to the Audi dealership and they said the engine was blown. This was two weeks after I purchased the vehicle. I had to get the vehicle back out to New York, wait for the claim to be processed and then wait for GWC. They took three weeks before they went out and inspected the vehicle. It was a whole big hassle that I wish I never had them.

The dealership had also told me that rental would be covered throughout the whole entire time if my car broke down but that was not the case. But GWC only covered five days, up to $35 a day. It was about three months that I had a rental that I was paying for and that I took a couple of thousand dollars loss on. I originally only wanted to spend $10,000 to $15,000 but I winded up spending close to $20,000. And although the car got fixed, the AC is now not working and I don’t know if these guys cover that or not. I’m working on that right now as well. The GWC reps were nice and kind. But the claim itself was what the dealership was going through with GWC and they only called and asked me about what happened. GWC is like any other warranty service. You only get a certain amount and certain things covered.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2019

Using this warranty to get my car fixed has been terrible. The dealer asked me if I wanted this warranty. I see that they pay for a lot of good stuff but they don’t pay for towing. They don’t pay for diagnostics and the contract said they pay for “starter” but somehow I'm still paying for a lot of the starter. The customer service for this company is just not like PMC. PMC had everything paid for and they even made their own tow truck arrangements for me. I only had to make one call. With GWC I was constantly on the phone!

GWC Warranty response

Hi Emmanuel, sorry you are having a bad experience. Please send me your VIN number or Contract number so we can look at your claim. Best, GWC Warranty

Original review: Oct. 3, 2019

If my vehicle needs any work done, it is expensive so I got a warranty for it. I’ve used GWC in the past that's why I decided to work with them this time. The enrollment process is very simple and everything went fine. But so far, I have filed two claims with them and certain parts of it weren't easy. My vehicle wound up needing a lot of expensive work done and GWC was turning down things that I knew were covered. They were trying to tell me it wasn’t covered when it was right on the policy. I had to go back and forth with them until they finally determined that I was correct and that it should be covered. After that, they got everything approved fairly quickly.

But here’s the problem. Every claim that you put in goes against how much they will pay out against the value of your vehicle. So if you bought a vehicle at $13,000, you’re doing warranty claims and the warranty is for three years, your vehicle is going down in price every year. If they put out $7,000 for the claims and your vehicle in two years is only worth $9,000, you only have $2,000 left that you can put under their warranty, and nobody said that.

When you’re buying their policy, you would think whatever goes wrong in three years that’s on the coverage list gets covered. But that’s not true. I still have two and a half years of that warranty left but very little left to spend, coverage-wise. If I would’ve known that ahead of time, I would’ve thought differently about it. In fact, I’ll guarantee nobody knows it because it’s in fine print hidden down in all the paragraphs of legal stuff. It was something that was easy to overlook and I’m in the car business but I didn’t know it was on there. So I started reading through my policy and I found it but it’s not right. It’s not just GWC too. There are other warranty companies and it's not right what they are doing to people who do not know about it.

GWC Warranty Company Information