Call toll free
4.07/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

At CarShield, we offer plans to fit every wallet and every vehicle. Whether you've purchased a brand new car, or looking for additional coverage on old car, we have comprehensive comparisons to find the right package for you. Flexible payment plans, coverage on pricey items like transmissions and 24-hour roadside assistance are just a few of the features offered in our customizable plans. Call or visit our site today to find the right coverage for you, and start driving with peace of mind.

CarShield Video
View More View More

BOTTOM LINE

CarShield’s high points transferable warranties, motorcycle coverage and many plans. Although CarShield’s quote process isn’t the best, their numerous plans and lax vehicle requirements make finding the right coverage easy.

PROS

• More plans than most competitors
  • Contracts available in Spanish
  • Transferrable warranties
  • Covers motorcycles in addition to cars

CONS

• Inconvenient quote process
  • Limited benefits

Top CarShield Reviews

03/28/2019

Customer Service is outstanding! Understood my needs and quickly took care of my request. I highly recommend CarShield for car protection.

04/01/2019

It was a wonderful experience for me to see that CarShield really care about their customer. I told them I couldn't pay my bill and they went beyond and out their way to make sure I was able to afford my plan.

What is CarShield?

CarShield is a company offering extended auto warranties for new and used vehicles. CarShield has 31 contract options available to customers. Contracts are available both in English and Spanish. Warranties are also available for motorcycles, ATVs and vehicles with up to 250,000 miles on them. Most warranties can be transferred as well.

How much does CarShield cost?

CarShield rates can vary widely. However, you can expect a Carshield warranty price to be roughly 4 cents per mile on the car. CarShield has a maximum payment schedule of 24 months, so customers have a full two years to pay off their extended auto warranty.

Details like contract lengths, deductibles and other fees are not available on the website, so the best way to get precise Carshield prices is to contact the company. It’s common for extended auto warranty companies to have minimal pricing information on their websites. You can get a free quote from CarShield by submitting your information via their online form or by calling and speaking to CarShield customer service. CarShield reviews do mention that the quote process can be tricky, with salespeople preferring to call about quotes rather than emailing.

What does CarShield cover?

CarShield has 31 contracts available for customers. This is seven to eight times more than most competitors. The majority of these contracts fit into six broad levels of coverage: New Car, Comprehensive, Powertrain+, Powertrain, High Tech and Motorcycle/ATV.

The New Car plan is similar to a manufacturer’s warranty. This is often known as a bumper-to-bumper plan. It is the most extensive plan offered by CarShield and will cover almost any repair you might need. CarShield suggests the Comprehensive plan for used vehicles. It offers the second most coverage of CarShield’s plans. The Powertrain+ plan is billed as a good option both for used and high-mileage vehicles, while the Powertrain plan (no plus) is CarShield’s most basic and affordable plan. This is a good choice if you want simple coverage at a low price. The High Tech plan and Motorcycle/ATV plans offer customized coverage for high-tech items and alternatives to cars. For more details on costs and what they cover talk to a CarShield representative.

Powertrain plan
High tech plan
  • Wiring harness
Motorcycle plan

How does CarShield work?

CarShield works by providing extended auto warranties for new and used cars. This acts as insurance on your car in case of an unforeseen breakdown. When you need a repair made, you can just go to an ASE-certified repair facility, file a claim and pay a small deductible. CarShield pays the rest.

CarShield offers coverage for cars with up to 250,000 miles. This is on the higher end of coverage for most extended auto warranty companies, so if you have a car with high mileage, CarShield is a good choice.

Make sure to read the terms and conditions of your contract so you fully understand what CarShield will cover. Contracts are provided in English and Spanish. Most contracts are also transferrable, meaning the warranty can still cover the car even if you sell it. This can increase the value of the vehicle for sale. CarShield’s coverage for motorcycles and ATVs also sets it apart from other extended auto warranty companies. Additional benefits include towing, roadside assistance and rental car coverage.

Is CarShield worth it?

CarShield is well worth it, especially if you aren’t sure yet what kind of coverage you want with an extended auto warranty, because CarShield offers a wide variety of plans that will satisfy most consumers. Having contracts available in Spanish is helpful to those whose primary language is Spanish. Coverage for motorcycles is another standout feature. If you’re looking for an extended auto warranty with a solid reputation behind it, you can’t go wrong with CarShield.

1221 CarShield Consumer Reviews

View 5 featured reviews
Original review: May 12, 2019

Dick Butkus was the spokesperson for CarShield one time and I knew he was about his work. If he would put his name behind something, it must be good. I thought the best thing I could do was try so I went with CarShield. All I had to do was call them, explain to them the situation that I was going through with my car, they took it from there. Their reps made sure I understood. However, they haven't sent my paperwork out for me to know what is covered by them. Still, it doesn't bother me because anytime I call CarShield, they're right there and on time every time.

I started a claim with them in December. That time, before I left from Maryland, Fort Washington, I went to a Mazda dealer and had my car serviced so I could take the road trip. They told me my car was fine to take the trip and that everything was in order. By the time I got down to Virginia Beach though, my car had gone out and it was smoking. I had to call because I was scared to drive it since it started making this noise. So, I called State Farm and had them to tow my car towards the dealer. When I got there and I gave them my insurance information, they contacted CarShield. CarShield told them they were gonna send an inspector out. In a few days, an inspector was out there and the dealership said that they were going to do what they gotta do. CarShield was on the money to pay the people when my car was finished. I will refer them to anyone and stand behind them 100%

Hello Patricia!
Welcome to CarShield!

Thanks for joining our community of consumers whom understand the importance of protecting their budgets and their vehicles an extended service contract. If there's anything you need, please give us a call. We're here to work for you!

Get expert buying tips about Extended Auto Warranties delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

The credit union that I deal with would not give me a full bumper-to-bumper extended warranty on my ’08 Corvette. They would only give me an engine and power train. I got something in the mail from CarShield and it said that I could call and talk to them. So I called the number and talked to one of the reps. The rep said they could give me a full bumper-to-bumper warranty. It was a little more than the credit union, but it covered a lot more. It sounded like a good deal.

I've had many extended warranty services and I cancel them as soon as I have the actual brochure and I have read it through about three times, and I know what they'll cover and what they'll not cover. As soon as they try and pull a fast one and say, “Well, that might have been covered,” I tell them, “No, no, no. It says right here in black and white on this piece of paper, you're covering that part.” When they then try to pull some funny business, I tell them that they're done. They're not standing up to what they say they are.

Right on the get-go, I had some gasket leaks on the Corvette. It was found when an oil change was being done on the car. I double-checked with the book to see what CarShield was covering, and sure enough, it said that, “We cover all engine and rear-end gaskets from leaking.” I knew that I was 100% covered. But then, it happened that the CD changer in the car quit loading at the same time. So I looked it up as well and I said, “No, it covers factory to factory CD warranty on a radio.” So, all three things I was 100% positive are supposed to be covered and there shouldn’t be any problems. I told that to the Chevy dealership, asked them to call CarShield and have a deductible.

The person at the dealership called back and said that a CarShield rep was coming out to go over everything that we had written down. He'd be there in two days and then he'd say yes or no on everything. I said, “Okay, fine. We'll see how good CarShield is gonna be.” The rep did come out and the Chevy service writer called me up and said that they were covering everything, that they were very good. He even added that they were gonna cover some of the loops that were coming out. I asked how was the CarShield guy and I was told that he was great. CarShield was very fair and they did exactly what they said they were gonna do, and everything that was in writing, they covered.

Hi Rodman!

Thank you for your support and we look forward to continuing our business with you! If there's anything you need, please give us a call.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2018

I had a couple of people who referred me to CarShield. I checked out a bunch of different companies and CarShield was the one I really liked the most. Everything seemed to be okay, except for the fact that I had to wait for an adjuster to come and look at my truck. On Friday, I took it to the Toyota dealer. CarShield didn’t want any more miles put on the truck. I had a computer module go out. They didn’t know whether somebody could come on Friday and look at it or whether it’d be Monday. They told me they knew what the problem was and how much it would cost but they couldn't do any repairs until the adjuster would come out and approve it.

They came out Monday afternoon and approved the work to be done, and then they ordered the part. Tuesday, my truck got fixed. And then I had to wait until Wednesday till it got paid before I could get my truck back. The whole bill was about $2,800. CarShield covered everything but they didn’t cover the $100 deductible, but that was understandable in the beginning. Everything was taken care of well so I was happy with it. The only inconvenience was the five days without my truck. If it had been something else, I could’ve gotten a rental car. But they looked at how much time it was gonna take for somebody to replace the part and they would’ve paid for the rental for one day. Nevertheless, I’ve recommended them to other people.

Hello Wayne!

We are happy to hear your vehicle service contract is working in your favor!

Let us know if there's anything else we can do for you!

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

I have a new vehicle and I like to keep up on the maintenance like a crazy person. The people I talked to on the phone from CarShield were nice and their rep asked me all the questions that he was supposed to ask like what were my concerns about buying a new car. We got everything done efficiently. He was also very knowledgeable and he answered all the questions I had for him to the best of his knowledge. It didn't seem like he was making anything up.

Other than that, when I made a payment over the phone, the customer service reps helped me set up the automatic pay so that I don’t have to keep calling them every month. And as far as filing a claim, I already did that twice and both were successful. I took my vehicle to the dealer and the dealer did all the work. They called the warranty place, got the approval, and the dealer called me back. All I had to do was send them a copy of the invoice. And when I filed a claim for an AC compressor, the service was awesome. All in all, I feel more secure knowing that if something catastrophic happens with the car or with its computer system, as long as I keep up with my payments and I’m doing things on my end, CarShield will cover everything, which is great.

Hello Chiana!

We are happy to hear your vehicle service contract is working in your favor!

Let us know if there's anything else we can do for you!

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

I have an older vehicle and the warranty on it was up and I wanted to keep the truck because of everything we've done in it. My husband has always done upkeep on it and he tried to make sure that after he was gone, I wouldn’t have any kind of problems with the truck. So we decided to get an service contract for it, and we got it from CarShield. I was pleased with their customer service. They would call back if they tell me they'd call me back. We wanted some quotes and things and they called me back, was very helpful, and friendly.

With the warranty, I was able to get a new engine and I only had to pay $300 for the fluids and minor things that they did on the truck. I was so worried because that happened a month after my husband passed away. But it really worked out and I really appreciated them helping me. The engine was done very well. I feel secure having my CarShield warranty. When they fixed my truck for me, I had to ask some mechanics and everything. I said, “Would you feel comfortable getting in it and driving to the West Coast?”. Then they told me that it was no problem. So being a female and an older female, I don’t know anything about vehicles, so that eased my mind about getting out alone in my vehicle. I've told my friends about CarShield.

Hello Deborah!

We are happy to hear your vehicle service contract is working in your favor, as we expect it to.

Let us know if there's anything else we can do for you!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CarShield?

Original review: July 12, 2019

I appreciated your commercial on TV and was motivated to obtained your services. I bought 2 used cars which required warranty protection but unfortunately they turned out bad and had to return them to dealer. Your salespeople were honest and refunded by deposit and advanced month paid. This is a true professional company you can count on. Thank you for excellent customer service!!!

Original review: July 10, 2019

The lady was very nice. She answered all my questions accurately to the for of her knowledge and very fast. Thank you. I appreciate her for assisting me as much as she could and she was on the computer and was able to look me up real fast and I liked that I encourage all people who work for company to be more like this lady that was on the phone with me. Thank you soooo much.

Hi Theresa,

We always love hearing from satisfied customers. Glad our team was able to help answer your questions. Let us know if you need anything else!

Original review: July 10, 2019

Associate answered my question about whether or not there was a claim made on my vehicle. Mechanic was supposed to call to let CarShield know that my vehicle is in their shop and needs work to be restored to road ready.

Hi Joshua!

Thank you for your review! We're glad our customer service team was able to address your questions. If you have any other questions regarding the claims process, feel free to give us a call.

Original review: July 8, 2019

Was happy with the price I was quoted and the benefits that came with it, will for sure call when I get a new car. saw your ad on TV and the customers that gave their opinion of Car Shield services I was very pleased. It is reassuring to know that if I have car trouble the price is only a $100.00 deductible.

Hi Gina,

We're happy to hear our service provides you with peace of mine knowing you car is protected! Let us know if you have any questions.

Original review: July 8, 2019

It was very easy to file the claim on the phone for the needed repairs to made on my car. The value of the service is awesome. I'm very satisfied with the quick handling of my claim, and the reasonableness of cost of the deductible.

Hi Engried!

Thank you for your time and review. If you have any questions give us a call!

Original review: July 7, 2019

I took my car in for repairs. CarShield then claimed that the mechanic "had not contacted them" despite proof he had contacted them and I had contacted them. Then when I called to cancel, they delayed until my next months payment was withdrawn. Then I was told that they don't do refunds. They were extremely rude and disparaging towards my mechanic telling me "he lied and overcharged" (He did not lie or overcharge!).

Original review: July 5, 2019

Janine was very friendly and helpful, a pleasure to do business with. Don’t know what else to say. She answered all my questions and even called back to make sure that I had your phone number which I did because she had given it to me. Pay her good because she is an asset to your business.

Hi Barbara,

We appreciate your business and we are glad you took the opportunity to protect your vehicle. If you have any questions give us a call!

Original review: July 4, 2019

Great guy Darius very friendly just even though he tried to send my contract through email I never was able to get it. He will send it to me by post service. Nothing more to say. Just had a great time over the phone trying to get everything done.

Hi Jo Ann,

Thank your for your review. Glad our team was helpful. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact us!

Original review: July 3, 2019

Very Good, very good, very good, very kind, very patient. Listens to what I was saying. Taking her time to go over everything. Very nice. Told me how the program work, what it cover. Did not rush me. Took her time with me.

Hi Sandra!

Original review: July 3, 2019

I want to extend my gratitude to the representative I spoke with initially, and to his superior, with whom I did signed up. He went above and beyond for me at my time of need to be able to be covered under CarShield. I unfortunately can't recall his name right now, but I do know he was about to be married. I hope he and his wife had a wonderful wedding day and honeymoon. I also want to Thank Ashley, the customer service rep that assisted me with cancelling my contract. She was also very nice and was willing to go above and beyond for me to stay with CarShield. I appreciate all three of the representative and thank them for their kindness and help. Thank you CarShield! Jentia

Hi Jentia,

We're happy to see our representatives were able to help you, however, we are sorry to see you go. If you're ever wanting to come back, we'd be happy to have you! Just give us a call whenever.

Original review: July 2, 2019

After speaking with agency, I found that this insurance was very satisfying. Thank you again for this. I was very pleased with this and I will recommend this insurance to my family, let them know that this is the best way protect themselves being a car owner.

Hello Robert!
Welcome to CarShield!

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: July 2, 2019

I bought a warranty through CarShield because of how their commercial alleged that company to be. My plan has been fully paid in. My car experience some AC trouble so I took it to the Nissan dealership and informed them that I had CarShield. Once they called their claims dept a employee by the name of Tom told Nissan that the air compressor wouldn't be covered because the warranty doesn't cover leaks. When I got on the phone with the claims dept and spoke to a man by the name Mario he informed me that the air compressor would only be covered if there was not a leak that would've cause the air compressor to malfunction. He stated the only way the air compressor would be cover would be if the air compressor stop functioning on its own and that there were no issues causing this.

Correct me if I'm wrong. But if something breaks down in a car it's always because of an issue!!! Nissan stated they have never heard that a warranty wouldn't cover my air compressor and that they have dealt with many other warranties. So now I'm stuck with a warranty that's useless and $1200 less in my pocket for an air compressor. I would never give my money away to CarShield and neither should you. I paid $3500 for a service that was never provided and customer service is rude and arrogant because they don't meet with people up front so they feel they can speak to you however they want. But your warranty through your car dealership instead. It's the same price.

Jessica-

We do apologize you feel this way. We at CarShield have little to no control over the claims, shop process or the administrators' decision. We are, however, always willing to explain the coverage details or help you with any of your Customer Service needs.

Original review: July 2, 2019

Customer service rep was friendly and very fair in accommodating the dealership as well as me regarding cost of labor and parts. He was willing to go back and forth in hearing recommendations from dealership to what my policy covered. He worked hard and ultimately recommended a solution that all of us could agree on.

Hello Keith!

We are pleased to hear our team was able to get you the peace of mind you deserve. Thank you again for your time.

Original review: July 2, 2019

Loved the fact my beautiful 2013 Nissan Xterra with 145000. miles would be able to go on without me breaking the bank in case of a malfunction. Car Shield is an awesome company and nice service reps. Willing to do a commercial for you all. Member of SAG. Just bought a new Toyota 4 Runner and when the warranty expires...I'll bet back. Thank you, Michael

Hi Michael!

Thank you for the support! Please call customer service for any questions you may have!

Original review: July 1, 2019

Ask to resend my contract. I was trying to print my contract when it disappeared from my computer. That is the reason for my contacting CarShield today. The young man that answered made it very for me to get it.

Hello Phyliss!

We appreciate your time and we are glad you took the opportunity to protect your vehicle. If you have any questions give us a call!

Original review: July 1, 2019

I was confident enough to add a second vehicle to my account. Unfortunately the dealer I purchased my original warranty from wasn't exactly diligent in finding me the best plan available. A recent routine repair was declined, by the previous company, costing me $635.00 Not exactly how I envisioned a warranty working.

Hi Joe!

Thank you for your time and review. If you have any questions give us a call!

Original review: July 1, 2019

Termination of contract due to car accident July 1st 201. Call your representatives for patient, informative, a knowledgeable and very professional and weather Virginia ** including the salesman explained everything perfectly and I was very appreciative of the quick-service and and informative. Let me know exactly what was covered in what was it. Looking forward to do another contract from another vehicle which I hope will be within 30 days. Thank you. Peace out. Thank you. Peace out.

Hi Paul!

Thank you for your review. Even though we are sorry to see you go as a customer, we hope you keep us in mind for the future. If there is anything more we can do for you, please give us a call.

Original review: July 1, 2019

Changed billing date, very easy and helpful. Representative was very knowledgeable, and took care of my request in a timely manner. I would gladly recommend this service to my friends and family. I believe the price for the coverage is quite reasonable.

Hi John!

We're happy to hear our team was able to help explain the coverage and any questions you had. Please give us a call if you need anything else.

Original review: June 30, 2019

Cancellation of policy short term. Best customer service ever. Very understanding and compassionate. Listened and laughed at my story with me. You all gave me hope and faith to continue my Journey with my story. God bless. I pray to get my vehicle re-instated by the end of July 2019. So I don't have to worry about any problems. My last Jeep before heaven Amen.

Hello Taebea!

We appreciate your support. If you have any questions don't hesitate to give us a call!

Original review: June 29, 2019

Calling for payment information only. I received fast and courteous service. Changed payment information in a heartbeat. Great representative. Reggie. I haven't had any issues to have to use the plan as yet but, it's nice to know it's in place when my 4-year coverage at BMW finishes the end of August.

Hi Karen!

We are pleased to hear our team was able to answer any questions you had. Thank you again for your time.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: June 28, 2019

I got this CarShield coverage and yes they did good on the first repair but they did not do the repair so I've been with them for 2 years. Sorry to say they are a fraud. They tell you what your contract covers and then they have this if your part is not listed then guess what. You have to pay for the repair out of your pocket. So here is what they have done to me. My car is still at the dealership and they haven't from BMW to the administration who are the one who approve or disapprove so what the hell. Would you want a policy like this and you pay month to month. They are not going to be stealing money because I had to put on my boxing gloves.

I would tell all don't bother with them. They are full of it. The bottom line I had to fight for all the money I paid. They are a JOKE. NO GOOD. I telling you of my experience. Return my money to me then you have to wait thru their process, well they get you as soon as you call but they don't tell you all you need. I have no favorable review. They are USELESS. My payments started off at 200.00 a month then they gave me a discount to only hide the ugly truth. You might get one repair in but after that you might get tossed into the river with no life jacket so you can not to go with this CARSHIELD.

George-

Our coverage plans vary depending on the age and mileage of the vehicle. Therefore, our sales agents place you into the highest level of coverage your vehicle qualifies for at the best rates.

Original review: June 27, 2019

Everyone that I spoke to on CarShield was very nice, sold me a good plan (diamond). I hope your service is as good as you say. Also hope your business stays alive and doesn't go down the tubes, like others that sold repair services. Thank you for being understanding about my needs.

Hello Joseph!

Original review: June 26, 2019

I was unable to make a payment on the policy due to a financial setback, but this company worked with me to come up with a reasonable date for the next due payment. I appreciate the friendliness of the representative who helped me.

Hi Jamila,

We're happy to hear our flexible payment options helped you out! Feel free to contact us if you have any questions.

Original review: June 26, 2019

Very fast and truthful company. Each customer service agent took genuine concern with my issue and searched for a solution. They found me an answer to my problem. They couldn't cover my repair but they found a solution that saved me plenty of money. Thank you AUTOSHIELD/CARSHIELD. I WILL RECOMMEND YOU TO EVERYONE.

Hello Allen!

Original review: June 25, 2019

Called to see if my rear window sunshade was covered under my policy. It is stuck in the up position and will not go down. It seems the motor is not working, you would think since it has a motor like the power windows and doors it would be covered.

Hello Carol!