4.4/5 (2264 ratings)
Get Pricing
Call Now Toll Free

About CarShield

CarShield offers customizable vehicle service contracts that cover new and used cars against malfunctions or breakdowns. Along with these extended warranties, CarShield also provides 24/7 roadside assistance, towing and rental vehicles. Month-to-month coverage and flexible monthly payment plans are available to fit your needs.

Pros

• More plans than many competitors
    • Contracts available in Spanish
    • Transferable warranties
    • Covers various vehicles

Cons

• Inconvenient quote process
    • Limited benefits

Bottom Line

CarShield's high points include its month-to-month and motorcycle coverage. Although CarShield's quote process isn't the best, its numerous plans and lax vehicle requirements make finding the right coverage easy.

CarShield Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CarShield?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about CarShield?

Original review: Nov. 17, 2021

We have called a number of times to get the any kind of paperwork to care in the truck, I got the one for our car but as of yet nothing for the pickup. I am really not sure why it is taking so long and so many phone calls. If this is what you do about paperwork, what do you do about a claim?

CarShield response

We are so sorry to hear this! We don't usually have any problems getting a contract to you. We have sent another one by email, to the email we have on file. If you do not see it right away, please check your junk/spam folder, as it does come from a donotreply@carshield.com. We also sent another physical copy to the address we have on file. That can take up to 14 days to receive. If you have any other questions or concerns, please give us a call! We promise you made a great decision to protect your vehicle, we will get you that contract as soon as possible!

Original review: Nov. 17, 2021

PRICELESS customer service. they treat you with a caring attitude and are quick to answer any questions you might have dealing with your car issues and stand behind their words which is very important during this day and time. I Highly recommend Car Shield.

CarShield response

We appreciate your time and we are glad you took the opportunity to protect your vehicle. If you have any questions give us a call!

Original review: Nov. 17, 2021

I did have a problem with my car a few years ago, and you took care of it. I was happy I had you. I am sorry I cannot remember what the problem was, but it's nice to know I do not have to worry about it.

CarShield response

Thank you for the kind words. We are pleased to hear you found our service helpful! If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to contact us.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2021

The representative who took my call came through as well trained. All of my questions were quickly and professionally answered. Based on this I made my decision and joined CarShield. I recommend CarShield to all of my family and friends. My wife and I are on limited incomes. So it’s always good to have something to offset high costs of vehicle repair

CarShield response

Thank you for your review. Glad to see our customer service was able to help you out so quickly. Please contact us if you have any other questions.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2021

The agent I spoke to have me the best customer service I have had in over 15 years!! I highly recommend Car Shield. I am taking my car tomorrow for service at Tysinger Motors in Hampton Virginia which is also an awesome dealership. Thank you.

CarShield response

We are pleased to hear you found our customer service team helpful! If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to contact us.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2021

Had all my records and was eager to correct my mileage. So far my dealings with Car Shield have been great. Was able to print out my agreement without a problem. I have faith I will be taken care of in time of need. Thank You Lorraine

Original review: Nov. 17, 2021

I enjoyed talking with the rep. from CarShield. All my questions were answered. The rep. was knowledgeable and helpful with everything I needed. I will recommend to family and friends to join carshield for protection in the future for their automobiles.

CarShield response

We are pleased to hear our team was able to answer any questions you had. Thank you again for your time.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2021

I was just following up on a claim call that was not addressed yet. The agent I spoke with was very helpful and very polite. Asked if there was anything else he could help me with I replied no. Thank you

Original review: Nov. 16, 2021

On the couple of occasions that I had to contact Car Shield, I received excellent customer support. Your representatives are very knowledgeable and want to make sure your issue is resolved. I made the right choice to get Car Shield.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2021

Had problem with getting the tow truck. First one came at 10:30am..He jumped it then left..The truck stopped on the way to the garage..Then it took 4 and half hours to get another tow truck to get the my truck to the garage..

CarShield response

We are sorry to hear that. Usually Roadside Assistance is pretty quick. If you have any other questions, please give us a call.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2021

I took my car to Jail Automotive at 1636 Bladenburg Rd NE Washington, DC 20018 Where you recommended on Friday, November 5. They keep saying they could not find out what was keeping me from putting the car in gear. Since they could not find out what was wrong I picked up my car on Monday November 15 2021. I did not receive the work order papers when I picked my car up. There was no charge.

CarShield response

We are sorry to hear that. If the shop can find the source of the issue, please have them call us as soon as possible so that we can assist you in filing a claim.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2021

Very helpful and very nice to work with. Went over details of the protection plan. Went over coverage details such as getting administrators authorization for contract mechanical breakdown or failure for covered repairs and additional benefits is always required prior to any service being performed.

CarShield response

Thanks for the review and welcome to CarShield! Thank you for choosing us! We want to make sure you're completely satisfied with your policy, so please contact us with any questions or concerns you may have regarding your coverage.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2021

I sold my vehicle and asked to cancel service. I was happy the phone was answered quickly. After a short transfer I was sent to the cancellation department. After a short conversation, I was told a refund would be given and the cancelation was complete. Thank you!

CarShield response

Even though we are sorry to see you go as a customer, we hope you keep us in mind for the future. If there is anything more we can do for you, please give us a call.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2021

I have Car Shield for about 6 months, thankfully haven't had to file a claim yet. I bought an older vehicle 88 dodge ram 50 pickup. Excellent condition. But because it's an older vehicle it was denied coverage due to its age. Just a shame they won't cover it just cause it's older. Engine in great shape, brakes, tires new, carburetor brand new and it's a stick 5 speed. Yet still won't cover it. Oh yeah still under 150,000 miles. DISAPPOINTED!!!!

CarShield response

We do apologize. Our system only allows us to cover up to a certain age and mileage on vehicles. Thank you for the review and when your vehicle does encounter a repair, don't hesitate to give us a call! In the meantime, if you have any questions about your policy or what is covered and what is not, please let us know.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2021

The gentleman was very kind and helpful in helping me understand all about CarShield and explaining everything to me about what I was paying for and receiving. He was patient and I liked all he told me. I therefore agreed to purchase the plan.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2021

Agent contacted me about needing to renew my contract. Agent was very caring to my needs and being able to see to my continuing service with Car Shield. Although I have not needed to use your services yet, I can rest assured that if I do, you will be there to cover me.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2021

I did not want to go forward with CarShield after my Grace period. I did not like the reviews I read on the Web and did not want to deal with this situation. I am 80 years old, a recent widow, not healthy, and have too much on my plate to take on another problem. Thank you for understanding.

CarShield response

We're definitely sorry to see you go and appreciate your time to leave a review. If you ever want a start back up with us, we're just a phone call away!

Original review: Nov. 16, 2021

TRAVIS did an outstanding job in providing me with the contract I needed to present to the mechanic that was servicing my vehicle. If all your reps are as courteous and professional as Travis there shouldn't be any reason for CAR SHIELD to go out of business.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2021

I did tell you exactly what the agent and I talked about which was my time of payment. The time that I specified was not going to be convenient-so we both laughed about it and said Good-bye.. That is all. He was kind and understanding.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2021

Cancellation of policy which I did not request. Received a refund which I did not request. No way did I or would I request a cancellation. Much too good of a product. Customer service was great and I appreciate the service. PLEASE DON'T CANCEL MY COVERAGE.

CarShield response

We are so sorry about this. Looks like there was an error in the system. Please give us a call as soon as possible so that we can get this corrected for you.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2021

Updated on 11/18/2021: Still waiting for approval. Matt the adjustor has not been the best to work with. Right now I am stuck with a bill of 2700 dollars. Money I do not have and the main reason I went with Car Shield. Working with a company far away doesn't lead to success for the customer.

Original Review: I was told what to do and I did exactly that. Josh said he would look into it. Your two female ladies wouldn't even try to help. I have paid for over 18 months and I expect you follow the motto the customer needs to be treated with respect.

CarShield response

We are sorry to hear this, however, we do not show that your claim has been denied. It looks like claims is waiting to hear back from the shop about the requested teardown. Have the shop call claims as soon as possible to get this moving for you. If you have any further questions, please give us a call.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2021

Representative Mr. ** was very helpful today in answering my questions and updating my information. Fast, courteous and very helpful. He had taken the time to listen and get the clear understanding of what I had asked of him. Great Customer Service. Thank you.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2021

Cameron was patient, had to change from car traded in to a new one and it was so easy. Then took the truck off because it is in "garaged status" with the insurance company. Would love to always get every CSR I have had.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2021

Everytime I call, everyone is so friendly and professional. They were very thorough in explaining everything that's covered under my plan. I have spoken to many people about Car Shield and how happy I am with your performance. The value of my plan is very reasonable and more affordable than most other companies I have checked.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2021

My 2014 Ram developed a valve problem in the #8 cylinder and when my check engine light came on. It was diagnosed and was called by Car Shield to say they would cover it. The only problem I had they wouldn't cover the manifold torque bolts. I was a little disappointed at that because the mechanic has to remove those to get to the problem. Those bolts can only be torque once. But all in all a good experience.

CarShield response

Thank you for your review and we are always here to help. Please give us a call if you need anything else!

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Nov. 14, 2021

We purchase a newer car and went to cancel our coverage on old car. Markesha talked and talked and would not Listen to us. We got upset because we knew we did not need it and were leaving to pick up the new car. She refused to listen to us. I took the phone from my wife and had to raise my voice to have her stop talking and to cancel our coverage. It was very upsetting because she would not stop running her mouth saying the same nonsense over and over again. Car Shield Customer service had been very good but this was terrible, enough not to ever renew again, as a customer. Want to put me on TV?

CarShield response

We're sorry to hear this. Our customer service reps are trained to assist the customer with whatever they request, but they also just want to make sure you, your vehicle and your budget are taken care of. We are sorry for any confusion or misunderstanding. When you are ready to protect the new vehicle, give us a call.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2021

Take too long to get my car fix. Was very disappointing know that my payment always on time so for that I never really have any trust in the company that they are reliable to fix my car. I wait and have to make too much calls. I really get the run around.

CarShield response

Sorry to hear there may have been confusion about your coverage. Give us a call sometime and we can go over your policy and answer any questions you have.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2021

The mailing from you stated the contract was not activated and to call 1-800-587-2908 today. When I called, you told me my account was activated and the mailing was made in error and advise me to tear up the letter I received.

CarShield response

We appreciate your support and review. If you have any questions about your policy don't hesitate to give us a call!

Original review: Nov. 13, 2021

The CarShield representative who helped me was courteous, professional, and knowledgeable. She answered my questions promptly and straightforwardly without pausing or giving some half-baked response. I suspect she is the type of person who would talk with you and maintain straight eye contact at all times. It is rare to find one customer representative who possesses all the qualities she has. She is extremely impressive!!!!

Original review: Nov. 13, 2021

All set. Bank changed security information and it messed up my account. We are all good now. We love Car Shield and Ice T’s TV ads. Your ads are very informative and influenced my decision. Thank you Car Shield for helping us.

CarShield response

We're happy to hear this. Let us know if you need anything else.

CarShield Company Information