4.5/5 (2104 ratings)
Call Center Open

About CarShield

CarShield offers customizable vehicle service contracts that cover new and used cars against malfunctions or breakdowns. Along with these extended warranties, CarShield also provides 24/7 roadside assistance, towing and rental vehicles. Month-to-month coverage and flexible monthly payment plans are available to fit your needs.

Find Extended Auto Warranties near you

Pros

• More plans than many competitors offer
    • Plans start at $79 per month
    • Month-to-month plans available
    • Covers cars with up to 300,000 miles

Cons

• Rental reimbursement isn’t standard

Bottom Line

CarShield's high points include its month-to-month and motorcycle coverage. Although CarShield's quote process isn't the best, its numerous plans and lax vehicle requirements make finding the right coverage easy.

CarShield Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CarShield?

Original review: Jan. 25, 2023

You have one story and the Ford dealer tells me another one. The truck did not run right. They ran 3 hours of tests to tell me it was a oil change and a air filter. **. Rebine Ford and Car shield are screwing me over at least 3$300 dollars of this bill. It's car shield's.

CarShield response

We're sorry that you feel this way. We show that your repair facility advised that the cause of failure was the air filter, which is normal routine maintenance on the vehicle, and not eligible for coverage under any of our contracts. Hopefully we can help you on the next one.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2023

My phone call was answered in a prompt. courteous and professional manner by your sales representative. She explained the different programs that were offered and what was included in the packages along with the price ranges and deductibles. After the program guidelines and prices were explained to me, any and all questions and concerns were answered.

CarShield response

Thanks for the review and welcome to CarShield! Thank you for choosing us! We want to make sure you're completely satisfied with your policy, so please contact us with any questions or concerns you may have regarding your coverage.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2023

The gentlemen I spoke with were very, pleasant and patient. I have referred your company to my friends. I also asked the person at Morgan Chevrolet for his opinion, and he gave good reviews for your warranty. They do a lot of work with Carshield.

CarShield response

We're happy to hear this. Let us know if you need anything else.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2023

The call was great. Customer service answer all my questions. She even told me everything I needed to know about my policy and how it works. I'm glad I have Carshield. It's one of the best car coverage out there.

CarShield response

We appreciate your time and we are glad you took the opportunity to protect your vehicle. If you have any questions give us a call!

Original review: Jan. 25, 2023

The agents for CarShield were respectful and courtesy and they answered all of my questions and concerns. The quality of answers they gave me about my warranty are just what I was looking for in an extended warranty put the discount for being a disabled veteran.. Thank you and God blessed y'all.

CarShield response

We appreciate your support and review. If you have any questions about your policy don't hesitate to give us a call!

Original review: Jan. 25, 2023

Conversation was easy to understand. It was explained very well, all my questions were answered. She was very clear and precise. Our telephone conversation was what I was expected including the time it took to upgrade from Platinum to Diamond coverage. I would recommended this coverage to everyone.

CarShield response

We are pleased to hear our team was able to answer any questions you had. Thank you again for your time.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2023

Excellent customer service. The representative was knowledgeable of what I asked about my Policy and a copy was emailed to me and I was asked if I needed anything else regarding this matter. I will refer my friends to CarShield.

CarShield response

We are pleased to hear you found our customer service team helpful! If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to contact us.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2023

I was told someone who call me back to explain a concerns, I was not sure if that would happen. It did happen with more than positive results, Glad to made this investment, was not sure if my vehicle would last but it did and I got the results that I need. Glad I made the call,

CarShield response

We're happy to hear this. Let us know if you need anything else.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2023

Spoke to 2 agents. Both have been great with information, vehicle has been at the shop since Jan 5th. It's now Jan 24th. Just a little lengthy in waiting. Other than that everything is great! If we could please keep the communication tight that with updates that would be ideal.

CarShield response

We appreciate your support. If you have any questions don't hesitate to give us a call!

Original review: Jan. 24, 2023

It is taking a long time. I understand that the job is extensive. How do I expedite the repair. My rental car is turning into a great expense! The mechanic said that it was taking a rather long time for CarShield to respond.

CarShield response

Thank you for your review and we are always here to help. Please give us a call if you need anything!

Original review: Jan. 24, 2023

The agents were knowledgeable in answering all questions I needed answered about my car. They were very polite and courteous towards all my concerns about purchasing the plan for my car. Thank you so much for explaining the plan very thorough.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2023

Nothing negative to say. Received 5 star treatment but I sold the vehicle. My overall experience was great. Wish that I would have known that I could have transferred the coverage before I purchased one from the dealership. In moving forward I will retain the services and recommend it to all family and friends.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2023

Every time I called I've always been very helpful, very nice and professional. They're very understanding and they work with me to keep me as a customer. Amazing customer service and just seem like a good company. Thanks for the help.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2023

Never received a booklet of coverage of card even though payment has been taking out of my checking account for the last 2-3 month, Called a couple of times with no results and as now have not received anything from the company.

CarShield response

We're sorry to hear that you did not receive the first copy we sent you when you signed up. We show that the first time you let us know that you did not receive it was just last week on 1/16/23. A new one has been printed and was sent out in the mail on 1/20/23. Keep your eyes on the mail, it should be there in about a week. If you do not receive it, please let us know so that we can try a different way. Thank you.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2023

The agent that helped me was very informative and explained everything very well. Eli made the process turn out to be a great experience. Appreciated his efforts and especially impressed with him knowing the military phonetic alphabet. I look forward to having this coverage and peace of mind in these days ahead.

CarShield response

Thank you for your review and we are always here to help. Please give us a call if you need anything else!

Original review: Jan. 23, 2023

Obtaining this coverage was very easy to understand & complete. Your telephone Customer Service agent was clear & extremely helpful answering my questions & aiding my decision about which coverage plan to choose.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2023

My 2004 Jeep Cherokee needed a water pump replaced. Carshield managed the claim directly with the repair shop. I found the service to be expedient, and they kept the customer informed on status of claim without requiring an inquiry call from the customer to Car Shield. Thank you!!!

CarShield response

Thank you for the kind words. We are pleased to hear you found our service helpful! If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to contact us.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2023

Contract pre negated to provide no service for the HVAC system!. No discussion, no help, no anything!!!! I will post this on any and all message boards. I will advise all my customers to avoid any thing Carshield. Huge scam!!! What a rip-off for consumers!

CarShield response

We do apologize, however, we show you have Platinum coverage. Our Platinum coverage is "named component coverage". This means we can only cover the parts listed in the contract. The HVAC unit case is not listed in the contract, and therefore would not be eligible for coverage. Hopefully, we can help you out on the next one!

Original review: Jan. 23, 2023

Spoke with the rep and wanted to setup and bi-monthly payment plan to help spread out the cost of the service. I think that regardless of the level, that people should be able to adjust their plans to spread out the total monthly payments.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2023

I was told that Carshield does not cover these kinds of repair, by ourisman chev security and by Carshield when I called them. I thought I had good coverage by Carshield when I purchase this coverage, and I did not know about the limits with the policy.

CarShield response

We're sorry that you feel this way. We show you had two previously paid-out claims last year, and the only reason this current one was denied was because the wire was corroded, and corrosion is specifically excluded from all of our contracts. The other item called in was the left side view mirror and we do not cover external cosmetic components of the vehicle, only internal mechanical ones. If you have any other questions, do not hesitate to give us a call.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2023

You never cover the item I need. I have more than one vehicle policy with Carshield. I'm canceling all my memberships and I'm telling everyone on social media to NOT ever buy from you. I'm making it my life's goal to let people know what this business is all about. And that is stealing people's money.

CarShield response

We're sorry to hear this. It is unfortunate when a needed repair isn't listed for coverage on your policy. Hopefully we can help you on the next one!

Original review: Jan. 23, 2023

Had called about a scheduled monthly payment issue. My CSR was responsive and helpful! Got Prompt attention. I would not be reluctant to call again if I needed immediate assistance. Highly recommend their services, keep up the good work CarShield staff!

CarShield response

Thank you for your review. Glad to see our customer service was able to help you out so quickly. Please contact us if you have any other questions.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2023

I find your contract incomplete due to your failure to include information as to what is and isn’t covered under emissions and your service personnel not knowing what is and isn’t covered under the emissions policy. Also you don’t cover what is covered under seals and gaskets in the contract.

CarShield response

We're sorry that you feel this way, however, we can assure you that is not the case. On page 16 of 21 in your contract, it does specifically list out what is and is not covered under Emissions. Seals and gaskets are listed for coverage for your cooling system, air conditioning, fuel system, and supercharger/turbo if applicable. If you have any other questions, do not hesitate to reach out.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2023

I called to discuss the coverage changes due to the mileage of the vehicle. If I pay for diamond coverage it should stay diamond until I decide to change it; not because the vehicle performed well and exceeded a certain number of miles before needing repair.

CarShield response

We're sorry to hear this. Once you sign up for coverage, you are locked in to that level of coverage as long as you keep the vehicle, no matter how high the mileage goes. We show you signed up for coverage in November, and called in to update mileage in January. The only reason you should have called to update the mileage is if the mileage at the time of sale of the contract was incorrect. If you were just calling to tell us how much mileage you have now, an update would not have been needed. Please give us a call to clear anything up.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2023

The customer service was superb. I love how all my questions were answered with precise answers. The information given was very easy to understand and the representative did not mind answering any question I brought his way. Keep up the good work and I will be sending others your way.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2023

Very attentive and kept us informed on progress of our repair. We received a call from Carshield and several from superior dealership on the progress of the repair. We have 3 vehicles insured with Carshield and have always had good work and easy repairs with all of them.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2023

I spoke to a young man Darius and he went above and beyond the call of duty. Was amazing. He is the reason I will continue to come to CarShield for very very long time, years and years and years to come. I don't know if you have employee of the month, employee of the year but that young man deserves it because you don't see this in the world today especially after Covid-19. For customer service just went out of the window this young man still has it. Everyone should look for someone like Darius to work in their Fortune 500 company.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2023

My car has been in the shop since Monday, and this is Friday. I still don't know if it's going to be covered or not. I don't have a car and I keep getting told that the adjuster will know in 24 hours. What's going on?

CarShield response

We show that your shop has not yet sent in the pictures that were requested. Once they send those in, your claim will be able to proceed.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2023

Carshield Did everything they advertise. They put a new engine in my Vehicle 2012 JMC terrain. Customer service was right on a point I was very helpful getting my claim Approved. Carshield repaired my vehicle 3 times last year time in train Window motor And engine. I would recommend Carshield to anyone that asked me. I am a customer a happy customer and have no affiliation with Carshield other than being a customer.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2023

Yeah I’m very excited that I have Carshield. This company has saved me some money that I can use for a different expense. So I’m grateful for the quality that this company has provided for me to keep my vehicle on the road.

CarShield Company Information