4.4/5 (2264 ratings)
Get Pricing
Call Now Toll Free

About CarShield

CarShield offers customizable vehicle service contracts that cover new and used cars against malfunctions or breakdowns. Along with these extended warranties, CarShield also provides 24/7 roadside assistance, towing and rental vehicles. Month-to-month coverage and flexible monthly payment plans are available to fit your needs.

Pros

• More plans than many competitors
    • Contracts available in Spanish
    • Transferable warranties
    • Covers various vehicles

Cons

• Inconvenient quote process
    • Limited benefits

Bottom Line

CarShield's high points include its month-to-month and motorcycle coverage. Although CarShield's quote process isn't the best, its numerous plans and lax vehicle requirements make finding the right coverage easy.

CarShield Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CarShield?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about CarShield?

Original review: Nov. 6, 2021

I had them for over a year and never once filed a claim. Called and canceled my policy a week ago after finding out no one in my area accepts them. Checked the bank 2 hours later and saw where they had taken the monthly payment. Called back and was told it would be refunded in 3-5 business days. Called back today and was told I wouldn't be getting a refund because I didn't give them 24 hours notice. A supervisor made this decision without speaking to anyone. So now I am out that money apparently. Don't waste your time on this sham company.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2021

I spoke with two reps today. Larry cust service and Isaiah cancellation and retention. They were extremely helpful. Thanked me for using your service. Best experience I have ever had. No joke. They asked how my experience was and why I was canceling. They were both happy for my purchase.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2021

I called last month to cancel my account with Car Shield. I was told that it was canceled but you took 107.50 from my account this month. I would like my money back. When you tell someone that you have canceled their account it should be canceled. Not have monies taken from me that I cannot afford.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2021

I had brought my car into a shop and told them that they had to call Car Shield. When I found out my car had to get the engine taken out I called car Shield to see if there was a claim put in so I called my mechanic as soon as possible and I wouldn't have known if it wasn't before my car Shield representative that helped me out today.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2021

Someone at American Auto told me and the repair shop that the part an alternator was covered and 2.8 hours of labor was covered and I the customer would be responsible for the other labor. Hours at no point did he inform me to wait for a order number nor did they mention it to repair shop. If he knew at the end of our conversation he I feel had an obligation to tell me to wait for the order number and he did not and American Auto should have given me the benefit of the doubt because they told me and auto repair shop verbally everything was covered except the 2 hours. To stand on section d is unreasonable and unfair given the circumstances.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2021

Waiting on a response from the records dept. My unit went to the shop a week ago & I'm sure things will work out for the best. Carshield & myself records show I've been with carshield since I've owned the truck.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2021

Great place. I will come back. I'm trying to recommend to my girl and I recommend to all of my friends. They will cover everything about the car when your coverage will get canceled so it is a good thing to have and I'd recommend it.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2021

I asked questions about my coverage. I also asked for a hard copy of my policy to be sent to me. My computer is down now and I am getting all of my insurances together in a lock box for safekeeping until I get my computer back up.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2021

My request was meet. My lady was very pleasant and took great care of everything I needed. It was lovely chatting with her. I appreciate her kindness and patience because I couldn't find my routing number because I suck and tech stuff.

CarShield response

We are pleased to hear our team was able to answer any questions you had. Thank you again for your time.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2021

I was unsuccessful with my car purchase so I had to cancel the policy. The customer service reps were pleasant and very knowledgeable. However, the cancellation process was simple and hassle-free. I would definitely recommend CarShield to my friends and family.

CarShield response

We are pleased to hear you found our customer service team helpful! If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to contact us.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2021

The representative discussed and answered all my questions. She explained all the itemized coverages. She also gave me a discount. By the price and coverage, that convinced me to apply for 3 multiple contracts. And Affordable in case of a road interruption during a trip.

CarShield response

We appreciate your support and review. If you have any questions about your policy don't hesitate to give us a call!

Original review: Nov. 4, 2021

So I really loved how welcomed your company made me feel! I loved the warm greeting and overall experience. My policy was greatly priced! I had no problems posting it whatsoever. And I'd do it again. If I didn't already have a warranty on my vehicle. I would've kept it.

CarShield response

Thank you for your review and we are always here to help. Please give us a call if you need anything else!

Original review: Nov. 4, 2021

Great experience, was very pleased. I needed to cancel and they cancelled graciously. The customer service rep was very friendly. She took care of me with no questions asked. I will highly recommend them to my friends. I was very satisfied, I was very satisfied with their service and will call them again on another one of my cars.

CarShield response

Thank you for your review. Glad to see our customer service was able to help you out so quickly. Please contact us if you have any other questions.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2021

Extremely excellent!! The agent that I spoke with was extremely knowledgeable, helpful, happy, did just about everything that I had asked for and then some! I would recommend Car Shield to anybody. I think the rate is incredible. My wife and I have a car that is incredible. It is a 2018 Rogue. And exceptional condition. She drives .6 MI one way to work so since she comes home for lunch she drives 2.4 miles per day. 12 MI a week back and forth to work. Since all the restaurants and any kind of shopping we need is within 3 miles we don't have to go too far. I believe our car will last us pretty much forever. As I would hope Car Shield will be there forever for us!

CarShield response

We appreciate your time and we are glad you took the opportunity to protect your vehicle. If you have any questions give us a call!

Original review: Nov. 4, 2021

I spoke with salesperson Brittney M. who was very helpful and professional. She explained which option would work for me. I am confident that Car Shield will give me the peace of mind and protection I need! Thank you. Vickie M.

CarShield response

We’re happy to help. Let us know if you need anything else.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2021

Purchased the Diamond Coverage for my 2011 Dodge Ram 1500 Big Horn. This is the second policy I have with Car Shield. The Representative very professional and helpful. She walked me through each option and ensured I had the right policy for my situation. She's an asset to you company, You need to keep her!

CarShield response

Thanks for the review and welcome to CarShield! Thank you for choosing us! We want to make sure you're completely satisfied with your policy, so please contact us with any questions or concerns you may have regarding your coverage.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2021

I was so frustrated with CarShield (I contacted a lawyer and the Better Business Bureau) with the way they tried to scam me and my family. Evil people that go out of their way to scam senior citizens. Refused to pay for a repair that they admitted was covered by making the requirements impossible to meet. Smart Scam - you got me - I should have realized it was coming when the Better Business Bureau gave CarShield a F.

CarShield response

We're sorry to hear this. It is unfortunate when a needed repair isn't listed for coverage on your policy. Hopefully we can help you on the next one!

Original review: Nov. 3, 2021

The lady that helped me to correct monthly payments and due dates. Sorry I forgot her name. She was very helpful and fixed the problem in a timely manner. Her diligence in helping me activate my account and correct the monthly due date gave me peace of mind. I really appreciate how dedicated she was in correcting everything for me and gave me a lower monthly premium than what I paid the month before. Kudos for a job well done. Margaret **

Original review: Nov. 3, 2021

Customer service rep was very helpful in handling all my questions. I wish all my experiences with other companies could be so good. I am 80 years old and do not have any access to a computer or a printer and must rely on people in customer service to set up required information for me.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2021

I was happy to be able to purchase a repair service contract for a reasonable price since my vehicle is over 5 years old. Unfortunately, I am selling my vehicle and am no longer in need of the repair service contract.

CarShield response

We appreciate your support. We hope we can get you covered on your next vehicle! If you have any questions don't hesitate to give us a call!

Original review: Nov. 3, 2021

Very friendly, courteous, professional reps that are fast and reliable and get the job done. I rely on an expert to handle my paperwork prior to the repair and Car Shield has successfully completed the job and in a timely manner.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2021

Customer states has a fettling noise in the passenger side front area. More on startup up. Found water pump making noises, noises, pulley has play movement during operation. Replace water pump And added coolant. Auth. #**. Total after deductible. Customer owes for belt and oil change.

CarShield response

Thank you for the kind words. We are pleased to hear you found our service helpful! If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to contact us.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2021

My questions were answered very quickly and professionally. I am happy and satisfied to have my vehicles insured with CarShield for several years now. Whenever I have any questions, I am always able to reach out to a representative to secure an answer. Thanks.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2021

Great review and helper associate. I even got reimbursed for the TOW! Fuse Box not covered? Fuel Pump covered but Fuel Pump Bracket not covered. Fuel level Sensor not covered. Total bill was $1,629.55. I paid $1,108.44 and CarShield paid $521.11. Only 32% was covered. I paid 66% of bill. I may need a better plan. What do you offer that covers at least 50%?

CarShield response

This is the highest level of coverage that your vehicle qualifies for based on it's age and mileage. You are already receiving the best level of protection that you can get. If you have any further questions about your coverage, do not hesitate to give us a call.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2021

Did not like the way that I was spoken to when I called Carshield to find out why they were not going to pay for the complete repairs on my car. One repaired was paid for but I was told that if I wanted the other repaired made "I would have to come out of my own pocket and that's final. How rude.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2021

I'm pleased with the process thus far, my main concern is getting my vehicle repaired, and returned to me hopefully without any further problems but there's no guarantees with an older vehicle, I'm glad I took out the coverage with Car Shield. The expense of such a repair is devastating. Thank you all for being there.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2021

Your company does a great job, like today my car battery went dead, because my trunk was open overnight and the company service took care of the matter, thank you and I paid to drive the car and recharge the battery and now I back in action so thank you for your service and support

Original review: Nov. 2, 2021

Tentative and professionalism was given throughout. All questions and concerns that I addressed, I was pleased with the outcome. On September 3, 2021 I was involved in a accident, from this mishap my car, a 2018 Camry Toyota was totaled.

CarShield response

Thank you for your time and review. If you have any questions give us a call!

Original review: Nov. 2, 2021

It is **. My experience was pleasant. My Credit Card was deactivated due to fraud and I got a new one but I forgot to update that information with CarShield. Your colleague that called me was polite and took care of the situation on the spot.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2021

Done with no problems. The rep was very helpful and got my issue handled. Would do business with this rep at any time. Also made sure this was just a one time issue. Was very pleased with respond and help.

CarShield Company Information