4.5/5 (2104 ratings)
Call Center Open

About CarShield

CarShield offers customizable vehicle service contracts that cover new and used cars against malfunctions or breakdowns. Along with these extended warranties, CarShield also provides 24/7 roadside assistance, towing and rental vehicles. Month-to-month coverage and flexible monthly payment plans are available to fit your needs.

Find Extended Auto Warranties near you

Pros

• More plans than many competitors offer
    • Plans start at $79 per month
    • Month-to-month plans available
    • Covers cars with up to 300,000 miles

Cons

• Rental reimbursement isn’t standard

Bottom Line

CarShield's high points include its month-to-month and motorcycle coverage. Although CarShield's quote process isn't the best, its numerous plans and lax vehicle requirements make finding the right coverage easy.

CarShield Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CarShield?

Original review: Jan. 13, 2023

After purchasing an extended warranty only 3 days prior, as a result of purchasing my car 2 days prior to that, I was involved in a an accident which has totaled my car. As I've been considering a new car (for the 2nd time in less than a week), I was hoping to determine the cost of a warranty for each of the cars I was considering purchasing and using that cost combined with other factors to help make my decision easier.

I called in and spoke to Travon who was very helpful, fast, courteous, efficient, and patient. He allowed me to provide two separate VINs and quoted each so I could make a more informed decision on this large purchase of a car. It took me a couple minutes to identify the VIN for one of the cars and Travon was patient, helpful, and courteous beyond compare. I would highly recommend working with Travon and Car Shield and would even recommend that Travon train others on his level of service and support, given how great he was. I can be reached with questions or further feedback at **. Thank you Travon. Tyler **

CarShield response

We are pleased to hear you found our customer service team helpful! If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to contact us.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2023

Kayla was great. She helped me all through the work on that van. She worked with the mechanic to make sure the job was done and done right and through the whole ordeal. Kayla and the mechanic worked like a team together to get this job done and at last She made me the customer very happy.

CarShield response

We appreciate your time and we are glad you took the opportunity to protect your vehicle. If you have any questions give us a call!

Original review: Jan. 12, 2023

I recommend because always I found everything I looking for. The customer service are excellent and professional. Carshield are the most important car insurance in the country. Cover the most important part for any car. Always you have the choice for any mechanic or dealer and paid direct to the mechanic or the dealer.

CarShield response

Thank you for the kind words. We are pleased to hear you found our service helpful! If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to contact us.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2023

Lee was very knowledgeable, and he answered all of my questions. The price is not too high, especially for everything that is included in the Diamond package. The company I used before cancelled my warranty without notice, which really surprised me. All in all, I'm happy I chose CarShield!

CarShield response

We are pleased to hear our team was able to answer any questions you had. Thank you again for your time.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2023

Customer service was very friendly, helpful, and respectful to my needs. I have not heard back from the dealer yet, but so far, I am VERY SATISFIED with my service!!!! My agent assisted me with ALL of my needs, very quickly. She was also very understanding to my needs!!!

Original review: Jan. 11, 2023

Representative was very helping helping me make my payment. Was wondering if you offer routine maintenance coverage as well such as oil changes tune ups brake pads and rotors, etc. Does rental car coverage begin at the time of breakdown or when the car starts being repaired?

CarShield response

We do apologize, however, we do not offer any sort of maintenance plan. Those are usually only offered by the dealership. Rental car coverage begins when the repair facility starts repairing the vehicle, so it is extremely important for the shop to call as soon as possible with a diagnostic and cause of failure so that we can review and approve the claim before they begin the work. If you have anymore questions, do not hesitate to give us a call.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2023

The customer service rep was very polite and helpful. I had a question about how to upload a maintenance document to the app on my phone. She explained how to do this and also gave me an email address as a second option.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2023

Rep was very friendly & helpful. Was able to cancel my policy when I found out I had another year of factory coverage. Darryl was extremely pleasant to deal with. His expertise was evident because of his timely resolution of the problem.

CarShield response

Thank you for your review and we are always here to help. Please give us a call if you need anything else!

Original review: Jan. 11, 2023

My experience was very good. The person help me to pay on my account. she was very helpful, explaining how the program works. I needed to change my address, she did it without any problem. She was very polite.

CarShield response

We appreciate your support and review. If you have any questions about your policy don't hesitate to give us a call!

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Jan. 11, 2023

Very bad misrepresentation of contract, doesn’t pay, and poor customer service. Very bad misrepresentation of the contract. They do not pay for anything but cheap parts if they do, twice they refused to pay for my car's work, very bad customer service, rude, doesn’t care if you cancel your contract which right there says a lot. Refuses to let me talk to supervisors. They steal your money and don’t pay when you need it …. Scammers.

They will reply and lie, they have a list that says just exhaust. They don't list what is and not covered, their representative assured me everything was covered, he lied. The company is trying to reply and say otherwise, poor customer service, nasty people, refused refund, they won't pay for your costs, beware. They are liars! CALL DEALERSHIPS AND MECHANICS AND ASK OPINIONS BEFORE YOU WASTE YOUR MONEY!

CarShield response

Ma'am, we have spoken to you on several different platforms now. No one misrepresented your coverage. We went over as much information as time allowed on the original sales phone call and provided you with a full 30-day money-back guarantee review period to read through your contract to see the listed covered components and call us back with any questions you may have had. We do apologize that you had a breakdown on a part that was not listed for coverage, but you had all of your contract information in plenty of time to know that it would not be eligible for coverage. Had you continued your coverage, we may have been able to help you on the next one.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2023

I had not received a booklet of coverage and was not sure of the coverage that was on my plan. The representative was very helpful in assisting me and letting me know when this booklet would be sent to me. I was concerned that my coverage would lapse and be able to get coverage. Thank for the response to my inquiry.

CarShield response

We’re happy to help. Let us know if you need anything else.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2023

I am satisfied with the service I received today due to I was offered a lower monthly payment. I also received a list of repair shops in my area who accept Carshield. I would recommend Carshield to family and friends.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2023

Very satisfied customer with Customer Service and timely response to my situations. I would highly recommend CarShield to friends and family. Friendly and courteous staff. The representatives are knowledgeable of their job and they make calls to ensure that the customer is satisfied and that all questions are answered.

CarShield response

Thank you for your review. Glad to see our customer service was able to help you out so quickly. Please contact us if you have any other questions.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2023

Excellent customer service, the rep was very professional. Called me back when she said she said she'll. Haven't yet used this warranty for any claims but it's worth it. Hopefully I don't need it as my vehicles are well maintained.

CarShield response

Thank you for the review and when your vehicle does encounter a repair, don't hesitate to give us a call! In the meantime, if you have any questions about your policy or what is covered and what is not, please let us know.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2023

I called CarShield and talked to Jordon on 1/3/12 to get a quote on my Honda Civic 2012. Very polite and knowledgeable about the insurance I needed on my Honda Civic. He gave me a quote and a discount on my insurance and I took it. Will recommend CarShield to family and friends, thanks.

CarShield response

Thanks for the review and welcome to CarShield! Thank you for choosing us! We want to make sure you're completely satisfied with your policy, so please contact us with any questions or concerns you may have regarding your coverage.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2023

I called about changing the date of my payment. The young lady helped me with my problem, and I was very satisfied with her way. She handled my problem. And she was very kind and tell me if I had any other problems just call back.

CarShield response

We're happy to hear this. Let us know if you need anything else.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2023

Requested brake and tire services, but they were denied. I was told my requests were maintenance issues. Yet, with one year to go before my contract expires an agent called about renewal of my current contract. Makes me wonder, is it concern about me or CS's bottom line?

CarShield response

We're sorry to hear that, but we did inform you when you set up coverage that you were still responsible for all required maintenance on the vehicle. If anything else breaks down, be sure to give us a call.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2023

I don't know much about cars, but Carshield took care of the problem. We gave that car to our son. Now we are encouraging him to go with CarShield, but we still have two cars insured with Carshield. Great company!!

Original review: Jan. 10, 2023

Order Placement: Lots of time spent. Very knowledgeable. Very diligent making sure I understood the policy details and had all my questions answered. Created appropriate expectations. Cancelling: Made things very easy for me. Appropriately asked why we were cancelling (which was because we decided not to buy the car, or any car). Clearly explained how the process would proceed and how/when I would get my refund. Very personable.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2023

The customer service representative was patient and informative. I would recommend call CarShield to my friends. I will definitely put Car Shield on any vehicle that I purchase. I feel secure and knowing that I don’t have to pay for any major repairs on my vehicle out-of-pocket.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2023

Love it soo far, great job, kind service personnel, keep it up. Glad to have the protection at a cheap price. People have been helpful and kid, love it soon far. I have not used it yet soon can't give my true feelings, but so far service has been very awesome thanks

Original review: Jan. 9, 2023

Thanks for the peace of mind on the road as I know that I have the extra covered on my car as I travel to see my family and kids that are up and down the west coast and you never know what could happen even though you take extra great care of your vehicle.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2023

I check out other auto repair insurance dealers and they could not match CarShield's. The lady I talked to was very informative about trucks and cars. She answered all my questions and explained how your system worked. She also explained and talked about some repair items that I did not think CarShield would cover repairing.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2023

Why describe. You guys don't respond anyway. I have tried numerous times to contact Felipe C (your Agent in charge of claim) by phone at 1.800.531.1925 ext. ** and had to leave messages tagged urgent, with no response. CS did not pay for all necessary and associated parts/labor on my car. My out of pocket expenses were $665.85. Can somebody call me?

CarShield response

We show that your claim has been authorized since 11/2/22, for the transmission assembly components. If you have further questions, please give us a call so we can go over things with you.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2023

It's been a long time for me to be paying for a rental. I get tired of getting hung up on when I call them. They don't want to fixed my jeep. This is the 2nd shop for my jeep to go to. I'm tired. I don't have the money.

CarShield response

We do apologize, however, we show that payment for the radiator was already sent to the shop. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to give us a call.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2023

No stress. Polite. Knowledge. Friendly person. Laura called me back as asked her to the next day for me to speak with my wife before I decided and Laura did call me back. Laura was quite patience in listening to my questions and responded very well.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2023

My car was totaled 1/5/2023 and right now, I have no car at all. I will use in future when or if I have any need for your services but thank you for being there if I would have need and you have great workers.

CarShield response

We're definitely sorry to see you go and appreciate your time to leave a review. If you ever want a start back up with us, we're just a phone call away!

Original review: Jan. 9, 2023

I really never speak with anyone but my car service dept always gets a quick response from your office and in turn they are able to do a quick job in repairing my car. I am glad that I have a warranty with CarShield.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2023

Auto Nation Nissan service department replaced the ignition coil and active grill air shutter. I told the Nissan service advisor that I want to use my Car Shield warranty for the repair work. The service advisor called Car Shield. The repairs work was paid by Car Shield and I got my car and I drove home thanks to CarShield.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2023

For the most part the service provided is ok except for the part about not using original parts, which is not stated anywhere, the company has upgraded and let go some companies under their umbrella which is why I stayed with them. I also think they should cover bolts and washers; they are not the same as screws.

CarShield response

It does state in your contract that claims can replace parts with new, used, remanufactured parts of like kind and quality. We also guarantee our parts for the life of the contract. Bolts and washers are items that should not need to be replaced, they can be moved from the old unit to the new one most of the time, and that's why they are not covered. If you have any other questions, do not hesitate to give us a call.

CarShield Company Information