4.4/5 (2393 ratings)
Call Now Toll Free

About CarShield

CarShield offers customizable vehicle service contracts that cover new and used cars against malfunctions or breakdowns. Along with these extended warranties, CarShield also provides 24/7 roadside assistance, towing and rental vehicles. Month-to-month coverage and flexible monthly payment plans are available to fit your needs.

Pros

• More plans than many competitors offer
  • Contracts available in Spanish
  • Most plans transfer when you sell
  • Covers cars with up to 300,000 miles

Cons

• Rental reimbursement isn’t standard

Bottom Line

CarShield's high points include its month-to-month and motorcycle coverage. Although CarShield's quote process isn't the best, its numerous plans and lax vehicle requirements make finding the right coverage easy.

CarShield Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CarShield?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about CarShield?

Original review: May 31, 2022

I needed to update my credit card information as the card I used to set up the account was to expire in June of this year. Contacted customer service and was taken care of with exemplary professionalism. I was extremely satisfied with the whole process.

CarShield response

We appreciate your time and we are glad you took the opportunity to protect your vehicle. If you have any questions give us a call!

Original review: May 31, 2022

Never received my contract, so I read email contract before 30 days expired. If you have a major breakdown Car Shield could require a tear down of your powertrain leaving you with the expense of thousands. Waiting for refund 5 days already. This is a catch 22 contract.

CarShield response

We are sorry that you feel this way, however we can assure you that is not the case. Teardown may be required on more major breakdowns to verify the cause of failure before just replacing the entire component, however that is standard practice with every coverage company out there. We show your refund was processed back to the card you made the down payment with on 5/26/22, and can take 3-5 business days to reflect back into your account. So, you should see it no later than end of day tomorrow. If you do not, give us a call and we would be more than happy to assist you further.

Original review: May 30, 2022

I made at least 3 calls to Carshield on May 20, 2022 to find out if a part would be covered. Moss Bros. Honda said the latch needed to be replaced, that being said, Carshield said I had to have a DOT test, even though I told them it was the latch. I paid $190.00 for the DOT for you all to say the part isn't covered. The next day I requested a refund of the $190.00 for the reasons mention. I again was met with a denial.

CarShield response

We do apologize, however we do not see that any claims have been filed on this account. Please give us a call for further assistance.

Original review: May 30, 2022

We are new to CarShield. Learned about your service through my Father in law. He as well as my other in-laws sing of your praises 24-7. I was told we made a wise choice. Now we'd like to know if you would offer coverage on our Motorhome.

CarShield response

Thanks for the review and welcome to CarShield! Thank you for choosing us! We want to make sure you're completely satisfied with your policy, so please contact us with any questions or concerns you may have regarding your coverage.

Original review: May 29, 2022

From my first experience with Car Shield, it wasn’t a good look. I end up paying $900.00 of a $1,200 bill. “I’m learning about your tactics early as I have been warned by some people. Thanks car shield for my first experience.

CarShield response

We do apologize to hear this, however your shop was overcharging on part price. We did offer to send our part so you would not have any out of pocket, however we show you chose to go with the shop's part, therefore you are responsible for the difference in cost. If you have any other questions, do not hesitate to give us a call at any time.

Original review: May 29, 2022

Needed to have my Tucson towed from my home to the dealer because engine light came on and car lost power just leaving my driveway and 100 feet down the street it almost shut down. It happened a few days before that but the dealer couldn't find it on a diagnostic that is why I had to take it home worried that this would happen again and it did.

CarShield response

We’re happy to help. Let us know if you need anything else.

Original review: May 29, 2022

Very professional and courteous. They took the time needed to assist me and explain my policy to me. I would highly recommend them to anyone. They made sure that I understood everything before exiting the phone. Awesome. I am recommending them to my children for their vehicles.

CarShield response

We're happy to hear this. Let us know if you need anything else.

Original review: May 29, 2022

Had problems with air conditioning system. It's been resolved and alerts repairs Nissan dealership pointed out. Due to high value of customers at dealership had to leave car overnight. Stone Mountain GA Nissan was kind enough to take me home while car service was being done.

Many Thanks,

Pamela/Thelma

CarShield response

Thank you for your review and we are always here to help. Please give us a call if you need anything else!

Original review: May 28, 2022

Polite friendly customer service. CarShield understand the customers and puts the needs of our vehicle first. CarShield comes first with me a and we first with CarShield. CarShield is #1 when it comes to people's cars. Thanks Carshield.

Original review: May 28, 2022

The customer service lady was happy to assist me by answering all of my questions. She assured me that Carshield will honor the repairs as long as it was covered under my warranty contract. Once I took my car in my car was service with conflicts.

CarShield response

We are pleased to hear our team was able to answer any questions you had. Thank you again for your time.

Original review: May 28, 2022

My transmission went out in my 2015 Subaru Legacy after having Car Shield for about 4 months. My car sat at the mechanic shop for a long time. Like 3 weeks. I had to rent a U-Haul van. I run a paint company called Veteran Painting and Coatings LLC so it was tough on us to rent a vehicle but mechanic had my car for a while and CarShield approved my transmission for $4,000. I'm so excited. Thank you so much for helping me get a new transmission to run my business. I'm very very happy. I recommend CarShield to all veterans that on a business. Thank you CarShield. I wish I would have known that you guys are a good company. Now I know so this can help other people. Give CarShield a chance guys.

CarShield response

Thank you for the kind words. We are pleased to hear you found our service helpful! If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to contact us.

Original review: May 28, 2022

Very good service. I would recommend CarShield to my friend and family. I wish I had known before my breakdown. There were many shop that do not accept CarShield. The customer service person explained way. The customer service person sent me to a very good shop that I was very please with in finding what was wrong with my car and got me going again.

Original review: May 28, 2022

The customer service representative was fantastic, she understood my problem and was great about it. She was polite and said that when I get my new card call and give it to her. She was really nice to me. My passenger's right window cost me $426.00 fix. I'm not sure why it wasn't covered.

CarShield response

We are pleased to hear you found our customer service team helpful! If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to contact us.

Original review: May 28, 2022

Upgrade on policy. Love it. THANK YOU. Well I had very pleasant conversation with customer service. They are very professional and get the job done. Also the customer service technician at American Auto Shield are very professional. Will recommend to all my family and friends.

Original review: May 27, 2022

Great service, I have four cars, my wife's, son's, daughter's plus my Jeep. I have received a multi vehicle policy and will be able to assess the protection with my Jeep. I just bought the protection for my Grand Cherokee.

Original review: May 27, 2022

Finding a repair shop was difficult, most auto repairs shops do not want to deal with CarShield because of the parts and “Hassle“ parts are not warranty covered, but replaced ok so far, took 6 days total from breakdown to repair.

Original review: May 27, 2022

After paying for 24 months, I filed a $7000.00 Claim and they only paid $2400.00 and rental car Coverage good only for the "repair" time, not the two weeks it took to get approved. Not worth the money

Original review: May 27, 2022

They helped me to lower my bill and I thank you so much for talking it down by $20. Thank you. It will help a lot. I really appreciate this so much for the kindness. I also appreciate the kindness and respect they showed me for my situation.

Original review: May 26, 2022

You guys are awesome. I’m definitely recommending you guys to other people. We plan on keeping you guys for a long time! Thank you for helping when we needed it. We are soo glad we heard about you guys and we got in contact and have you guys to help when we need it.

Original review: May 26, 2022

My customer representative was so helpful and informative. She answered all my questions and was nice and polite. My phone call was answered in a timely manner. She made my experience so much easier than even expected being that you get such a run around with many companies today.

Original review: May 26, 2022

I just had a transmission issue on my 2001 Jaguar XKR. It is currently at Jaguar Ocala Fl being evaluated. I'm waiting for the service manager Brian, to e-mail me the CarShield claim number and repair estimate. I'm looking forward to having the service repair issue resolved ASAP, thanks David **.

Original review: May 26, 2022

I needed a actuated a motor that allows a switch to change from heat to cold air broke. I was told when I took the contract out heating and air conditioner were covered And that did not happen.. I am very upset and want to cancel my service.

Original review: May 26, 2022

They have great customer service. I had a lock out and CarShield did a great job with it but as far as repairs go lots of miscommunication on the process of the breakdown window and covering related concerns. I love the company but needs more education to customers and better communication so if a breakdown happens close to after the 21 days they know what to expect. But overall great experience. Possibly might be a customer again at a later date in future.

Original review: May 26, 2022

My representative gave me discounts and helped me understand. When I called yesterday I was hesitant to join. I'm feeling a lot better now because I hope things go wrong with my car so I can get them fixed. I really don't appreciate having to talk so much but I'm glad I got the service now because I was worried about I Having to need It.

Original review: May 26, 2022

I called a few times to see if the services I need to be fixed would be covered under my warranty. Each time, the consultant stated that it would be once the mechanic submitted a claim. Well based off the reviews I have read from other consumers, I am literally worried that it will not be covered and I will have to come out of pocket paying for services, that I am paying a monthly bill for. So I wonder why even have the plan, if the company is not going to honor it, as well, providing used parts that may or may not hold up in the end. Why get the customers excited about having this extra coverage when you're going to deny the claim each time?

If I saw better results, then my stance may or may not change but as of right now, I don't know how else to feel, when in the long run, I'm shelling out $90 a month for a plan that won't be honored. The sales associate can sale you a dream anyway because they are trying to make a sale but if the company is not going to honor the policy the right way, that consumers are paying for, what is the purpose of having an extended warranty?

Original review: May 26, 2022

Very pleasant, knowledgeable, direct information that was understandable rep. Was very quick and efficient. Due to this kindness, I would recommend this service to all my friends and associates. There is nothing that I would change nor do I have any recommendations for possibility on changes.

Original review: May 26, 2022

I requested info regarding CarShield's willingness to assist me with tune ups and routine mechanical maintenance. I was told that this was not covered. However, if I needed to rent a car when repairs exceeded 4 (four) hours, I would be eligible for a reimbursement.

Original review: May 26, 2022

After owning a auto repair shop on a resort town, I wish I had known about CarShield to let my customers know. My shop was in South Padre Island, TX and we would take care of customers cars from Texas to Canada. Recommending the great coverage and customer service that you provide would have been a pleasure. Now that I’m retired I know that my car is protected. Thank you CarShield for what you do at an incredibly affordable price.

Original review: May 25, 2022

All the things wrong with my car totaling $3000 is not covered so I will be cancelling the coverage. Not happy about it. I need to get parts that are dealer special parts & it took 4 days to get this info to me.

Original review: May 25, 2022

You have not approved my claim for my vehicle, and it is stressful! My car has been at the Porsche Dealer for several days and it is past time that they completed the work on my Boxster. I don't have any additional comment on this particular issue.

CarShield response

We do apologize you feel this way. We at CarShield have little to no control over the claims, shop process, or the administrators' decision. We are, however, always willing to explain the coverage details or help you with any of your Customer Service needs. Give us a call anytime!

CarShield Company Information