4.4/5 (2172 ratings)
Call Now Toll Free

About CarShield

CarShield offers customizable vehicle service contracts that cover new and used cars against malfunctions or breakdowns. Along with these extended warranties, CarShield also provides 24/7 roadside assistance, towing and rental vehicles. Month-to-month coverage and flexible monthly payment plans are available to fit your needs.

Pros

• More plans than many competitors offer
  • Plans start at $79 per month
  • Month-to-month plans available
  • Covers cars with up to 300,000 miles

Cons

• Rental reimbursement isn’t standard

Bottom Line

CarShield's high points include its month-to-month and motorcycle coverage. Although CarShield's quote process isn't the best, its numerous plans and lax vehicle requirements make finding the right coverage easy.

CarShield Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CarShield?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about CarShield?

Original review: Sept. 8, 2022

Just checked on status of my vehicle being serviced and Rep was very informative and very professional. The service and company has been extremely rewarding and totally beneficial. I would recommend CarShield to each one of my family members and all of my friends as well as anyone I come upon in my daily travels. One of the best programs to date to provide a dynamic professional service to those whose cars may be out of warranty. Tell everyone you know and then some! You will be glad that you did and very satisfied.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2022

I am very pleased with the assistance and the quickness to having my radiator replaced. The agent was also very helpful explaining what the cost was going to be for me.. Thank you for the help in getting the radiator to the repair shop so fast and having the bill paid rapidly.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2022

Happy with experience. No problem may get back to guys in the future. With a different car.. Not really trusting the car I have now but not your fault. Just being careful with my spending's want to play it safe. I hope you understand.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2022

My son most recently purchased new tires for my car and had them installed. He suggested that I get a front end alignment. When I took my car into a shop to do so I was told I needed a part replacement. I contacted Car Shield and was told the shop had to call them. Car shield is refusing my claim.

CarShield response

We're sorry to hear this. It is unfortunate when a needed repair isn't listed for coverage on your policy. Hopefully, we can help you on the next one!

Original review: Sept. 8, 2022

I just want to say thank you. Your company has been so helpful in getting my car back on the road, not looking for reasons and excuses to not cover a repair. How refreshing to find a company that does exactly what they say they will do. Honesty and integrity are hard to find, but Car Shield sets the standard for excellence.

CarShield response

Thank you for the kind words. We are pleased to hear you found our service helpful! If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to contact us.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2022

Had a problem with a card that I listed for payments. Just had to give a valid card number!! Great help getting it set up!!!! Haven't needed to use the coverage yet, so I don't have much to say about service at this point. Having the coverage gives me a little less worries about future problems that may show up.

CarShield response

Thank you for the review and when your vehicle does encounter a repair, don't hesitate to give us a call! In the meantime, if you have any questions about your policy or what is covered and what is not, please let us know.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2022

Only thing I would suggest is that rental would be approved based on Mechanic's time frame as well. Maybe visiting with them and getting feedback on how soon the vehicle repairs will be completed. I was only authorized 4 days and the Mechanic shop will be taking approx 2 weeks since parts had to be ordered! Very disappointing due to that.

CarShield response

We appreciate your time and we are glad you took the opportunity to protect your vehicle. If you have any questions give us a call!

Original review: Sept. 7, 2022

They were very nice, smart, very helpful and made the whole process very smooth. Even though I was canceling my policy they were very nice very helpful. I would definitely refer them to a friend. If you ask a question they will do their best to answer. If they don’t know the answer they will look around in the office for the answer. That’s what I mean by very helpful.

CarShield response

We're definitely sorry to see you go and appreciate your time to leave a review. If you ever want a start back up with us, we're just a phone call away!

Original review: Sept. 7, 2022

Great company great representatives. Had a great experience when I called today. Representative very concerned a listening ear and resolve my issues very easily. Keep up the good work. I would recommend this company to anyone who’s in need of vehicle extended warranty.

CarShield response

We’re happy to help. Let us know if you need anything else.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2022

Customer service was really clear on the actions I needed to take and provided the companies that can help with the car problems I was having. Also they were so fast acting wasted no time contacting roadside assistance to have my vehicle towed in a timely fashion, they tower met me face to face and explained what he was going to do before he even asked for my keys. CarShield has multiple connections and resources to get all your car needed handled from a blown engine to a flat tired. I recommend CarShield- American auto Shield.

CarShield response

We're happy to hear this. Let us know if you need anything else.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2022

Work done on another Toyota RAV4 and they charged me for it. I called and told you about it and you guys handled it. Thank you. We didn't improve the work and the next day is when the work was approved by you. I knew I did not have a pan gasket leaking and I knew that my car was not in that bad of shape and I knew that I should not have to paid $100 because I knew there was nothing wrong with my car except the radio

Original review: Sept. 6, 2022

I had a great experience. A person by the name really knows his job. He answered all of my questions. Please keep people like him working for your company. I have shared with family and friends what a great deal CarShield is.

CarShield response

Thank you for your review and we are always here to help. Please give us a call if you need anything else!

Original review: Sept. 6, 2022

Called to get my credit card info updated. Would be nice if we could log in and do our own updates when needed. Everything went smooth and quick. Larry also answered all my questions about how to get service and how long my contract is good for..

CarShield response

We are pleased to hear our team was able to answer any questions you had. Thank you again for your time.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2022

Always there to help with the needs of my car. By having Carshield I do not have to worry about car repairs anymore. Now I can deal better with other matters in my life. I have recommended this coverage to all my friends. Thank You

Joe **

Original review: Sept. 6, 2022

Ben was very helpful in assisting me with questions I had about an upcoming service appointment and securing a rental car. The info I was able to obtain will be me better navigate my options. He also told me about the rewards program on my app so I will check that out. All great and useful information. Thanks, Ben!

Original review: Sept. 6, 2022

Canceled due to no shops in my immediate area accept CarShield. I should have done a better job at researching in my area prior to purchasing this contract. I'm sure it works well in other areas of the country but it just was not right for our family. I really appreciate the customer service, though.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2022

I'm very unhappy with service, first of all I've talked to several agents on shops, I've been given at least 13 shops. All of them never heard of, or subscribe to your service, I'm tired of this, also it's too much red tape to go thru to try and get service, I've spent several thousands of dollars for repairs on my vehicle, I wish you guys would look out for your clients like you take my money. I'm considering canceling my contract, I'm paying for service $85.00 a month for each vehicle, I paid for both vehicles on this past Friday, was told they would email my receipt, never happened, spoke with agent was told that's not something that your company does. I've had your service for over a year. I'm tired of lies, lousy service, I'm not going to keep paying for service that I'm not getting, then spending my money on repairs. Please advise, fed up customer.

CarShield response

Sorry you’re having trouble finding a local repair shop that accepts our coverage. Some shops refuse to take our coverage, however it is not for the reasons you may think. Some shops refuse to take any outside coverage because they want to be in charge of their own prices. There is a nationally recognized labor guide that tells repair facilities what to charge for what services and things like that. But it's up to each individual shop whether or not they want to follow it. With coverage like ours, we keep shops from overcharging our customers and shops don't always like that. We’re happy to stand on our record of servicing over 2 million customers over our 17 years in business. Not to mention our claims department pays out over $5 million in claims every month. If you need help finding other shops in your area, please give us a call. As far as receipts for payment goes, we do not send out receipts for payment. If you call in and make a payment with us over the phone, the representative can then select the option to send you an email confirmation for that specific payment, but that's all we are able to do. If you have any other questions, do not hesitate to give us a call.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2022

Everything has been going smoothly for the past two years of my enrollment. I would recommend this coverage for everyone. If you wait until something needs fixing, it will be too late. Think about that for just a minute. Okay?

CarShield response

We appreciate your support and review. If you have any questions about your policy don't hesitate to give us a call!

Original review: Sept. 5, 2022

I truly appreciate the attitude and demeanor of each person I spoke with. The knowledge and down to earth response of my questions and concerns were self gratifying. I did not get the impression that I was pressured in any way to any purchase the policy offered by the company. The value and price offered were great compared to other vehicles protection plans I had inquired about prior to contacting CarShield. Thank you for your quality business and personnel.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2022

The representative was very helpful, pleasant and knowledgeable. The representative was very patient with me and showed such politeness beyond what was necessary. I would not hesitate to ask for help to resolve any issues. I had to make a change with my debit card and everything went smoothly and without so much as a hiccup.

CarShield response

We are pleased to hear you found our customer service team helpful! If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to contact us.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2022

Great service on phone. Very polite. Got thru all the signing up of vehicles very quickly. Needed to add two vehicles as we already had 1. Went well, good pricing and great instructions. Signed up for auto pay and we were done.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2022

My repair time was quick and so was the payment. I had my vehicle back in 2 days. Rose with Kelly automotive in Auburn was great. Customer service was quick and very helpful. I would recommend both parties to all of my friends.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2022

Candace was very knowledgeable and helped me set up downloading my contract. Also very pleasant. Will recommend to my friends. I really appreciate the good service and senior discount on contract. This is a good deal and it was so easy to set up.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2022

The initial diagnostic was not correct. They had to go back and do it again and found a worse problem but it all was resolved when I got a call back saying that my claim was approved. Thank you so much for your help.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2022

CarShield has provided me with protection for my vehicle to most of my major parts on my vehicle for a very affordable price. I definitely recommend getting this covered for an aged vehicle without any factory warranty. You never know when you’re going to need it, so I would encourage anyone with an older vehicle to get this protection plan, if you can afford it.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2022

Did a great job in handling issue, would highly recommend to my friends, it's worth the money and value! Quick service and easily handle my issue, customer service is wonderful!. Fair pricing on my account and the age of car it was 11 years old.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2022

Using Car Shield was so easy. I took my car into a Nissan dealer. Gave them my account number and everything was taken care of. It's nice to deal with a company that does what it advertised. One call, no being on hold forever, or being passed on to different people.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2022

Wonderful experience. I had a experience like no other. I was told I would have problems with Car Shield but that was not the case. I did not experience no problem at all. I was not looking for a bad experience and I didn’t get one at all. So far so good with car shield. I needed them and they were there.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2022

I won’t own a lower mileage vehicle without Car Shield. It’s the best value for the money. I was able to have all the lifters and gaskets replaced as well as had new head bolts replaced without any questions asked.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2022

My experience with your service was excellent. Customer service was great, friendly & my questions were answered. Thank you. Even the place where my car was to be repair, the employee said you were all amazing. So once again I had no problem nor regret In having CarShield.

CarShield Company Information