4.4/5 (2494 ratings)
Get Pricing
Call Now Toll Free

About CarShield

CarShield offers customizable vehicle service contracts that cover new and used cars against malfunctions or breakdowns. Along with these extended warranties, CarShield also provides 24/7 roadside assistance, towing and rental vehicles. Month-to-month coverage and flexible monthly payment plans are available to fit your needs.

Pros

• More plans than many competitors
    • Contracts available in Spanish
    • Transferable warranties
    • Covers various vehicles

Cons

• Inconvenient quote process
    • Limited benefits

Bottom Line

CarShield's high points include its month-to-month and motorcycle coverage. Although CarShield's quote process isn't the best, its numerous plans and lax vehicle requirements make finding the right coverage easy.

CarShield Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CarShield?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about CarShield?

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: May 6, 2022

I have paid for CarShield and had two covered claims which they covered neither. It took 5-6 calls on the first ones from the dealer and then me to get that one paid. The second covered item was not covered because of a procedure issue. Covered parts but not covered. I had the "Diamond" coverage which is their top of the line and it doesn't help when you need help. All people on the phone are quick with an apology but refuse to assist.

CarShield response

We do apologize, however we are not sure what you are referring to. We have reviewed your file, and we only see one claim from 6/30/2021 that was authorized and paid out for over $1259. If there are other concerns, please give us a call anytime.

Original review: May 6, 2022

Great Customer Service which is unparallel in today's times. I would like to thank the lady and gentleman that helped me today. Congrats on a job well done. Everything was seamless from the start of conversations, I had with them, to adding a new vehicle to an already existing account. Again THANKS A MILLION.

CarShield response

We appreciate your time and we are glad you took the opportunity to protect your vehicle. If you have any questions give us a call!

Original review: May 6, 2022

Yes I would. I have not needed to use it now but it's comforting to know if I need it I'll have it when I am ready to use it. I just found out that I have paid off My policy and don't need to worry about missing a payment. It is very relaxing to know that.

CarShield response

Thank you for the review and when your vehicle does encounter a repair, don't hesitate to give us a call! In the meantime, if you have any questions about your policy or what is covered and what is not, please let us know.

Original review: May 6, 2022

So far so good! Great prices, Great customer service! It was super easy to get started! I hope if I ever have to use it that it’s just as simple. Lots of places make you jump through hoops, make you wait for weeks before approval!! So far it’s been great! So glad they offer something like this!!

CarShield response

Thanks for the review and welcome to CarShield! Thank you for choosing us! We want to make sure you're completely satisfied with your policy, so please contact us with any questions or concerns you may have regarding your coverage.

Original review: May 5, 2022

Put a timing chain in my 2010 Cadillac SRX. Very happy with the work C&C automotive did. Carshield service was fast to pay for the work. Thanks again carshield. Had to wait on the parts. Carshield had already authorized the work to be done on my car.

Original review: May 5, 2022

Very easy and very helpful. Will call me back when all paper work is complete and will then send me new information so I can use if I need to. No more to say about this call until I receive the completed update.

Original review: May 5, 2022

I mailed in a letter of Cancellation for both policies to American Auto Shield within 30 days of purchasing the accounts. I did not receive a refund as promised in the Car Shield pamphlet and continue to get billed on my checking account after my request for cancellation effective April 1, 2022.

Original review: May 5, 2022

On several occasions I've had thousands of dollars of repairs covered by Car shield, I have receipts to prove it. Car Shield has established itself as a valuable component of my families' finances. Great, great, great. No complaints at all.

Original review: May 5, 2022

Your representatives had a very nasty position about they self and they hung the phone up on me. You need to teach your representative how to be respectful to lay people. They talked to are grown people and not kids.

Original review: May 5, 2022

Landa was very good at going over the warranty with me. She's good PR for your company, much better than the first rep I talked to. He was pushy, overtalked, kept telling me "Here's what I'm going to do for you," didn't listen very well. If I hadn't gotten Landa on the phone I may have stopped payment.

CarShield response

We are pleased to hear you found our customer service team helpful! If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to contact us.

Original review: May 4, 2022

I would describe my experience as a settling experience. By being approached with so many "offers" I was really skeptical, but the rep was able to answer all of my questions and help me make an intelligent decision. I would describe this as a overall great experience and I am grateful for the understanding and patience of the rep in helping me to make a big decision. It just made sense in the end.

CarShield response

We appreciate your support and review. If you have any questions about your policy don't hesitate to give us a call!

Original review: May 4, 2022

No. No questions at all but in the near future if I need some more information I can call CarShield for my Red car. Thank you. My friend recently got a car shield too. And I see it on TV and I think it sounds good what they are for every person.

Original review: May 4, 2022

It is ok. They just need to work on a class that teaches the employees to be a little bit more consideration for the customers when they call and not call you as soon as you open asking for a payment on the day you said you was going to pay and give that person time to wake up go to work or even get off but give them time to pay

CarShield response

We appreciate your support. If you have any questions don't hesitate to give us a call!

Original review: May 4, 2022

Carshield was very polite and very helpful. The customer service is second to none! I would highly recommend this company. The price is reasonable and the peace of mind is certainly worth the expense. They resolved my problem so fast! I was amazed!

CarShield response

Thank you for your review. Glad to see our customer service was able to help you out so quickly. Please contact us if you have any other questions.

Original review: May 4, 2022

While I've been a member for over a year, I've never contacted you for possible repair. I needed to have more detail on how the program works than I was able to find on your site, and needed some answers to my questions before contacting my preferred repair location.

Original review: May 4, 2022

Very knowledgeable and considerate while providing explanations of services. Very friendly, patient and kind. I much appreciated the concern and tone used while speaking with me. I could feel the sincerity throughout the call. To include wanting to provide excellent service.

CarShield response

We're happy to hear this. Let us know if you need anything else.

Original review: May 4, 2022

We had very good service and it was easy to sign up. Was easy to get back in contact with same agent to complete paperwork. Hopefully will not have to use very often but coverage and price were very good.

Original review: May 4, 2022

I seen all the advertisements about Car Shield so I signed up. I never thought that anything would happen to my vehicle but all of a sudden my engine light came on. The diagnostics was number five cylinder was a misfire. Car Shield save me over $10,000. $10,000. That’s quite a saving. I’m thankful to Car Shield and all the great employees that work with Car Shield.

CarShield response

Thank you for the kind words. We are pleased to hear you found our service helpful! If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to contact us.

Original review: May 4, 2022

The experience was satisfying. I have no complaints. Would recommend Car Shield to my friends and family. The customer service is excellent. They understood my situation and did everything to accommodate me. I want to thank them for taking the time to work with me.

Original review: May 4, 2022

Tiandra, is an excellent customer service representative. Answered all questions in detail. She was pleasant and knowledgeable. Would recommend Car Shield services to anyone looking to protect their car for future breakdowns. Quick and reliable service for any car that needs a warranty for service when their original warranty expires.

CarShield response

We are pleased to hear our team was able to answer any questions you had. Thank you again for your time.

Original review: May 4, 2022

I purchased my policy in February 2021 and paid a little over $100/month for 14 months. When my air conditioner failed, I called CarShield to make sure the repairs would be covered and was assured they would be after the $100 deductible. Turns out that wasn't true. Only part of the AC was covered. You paid a little over $300. I paid $1,300. You're marketing says you cover it all. Your representative assured me the repairs would be covered. I'd give you less than one star if I could.

CarShield response

Sorry to hear there may have been confusion about your coverage. We can only cover the parts listed on your policy. We do give each and every customer a full 30 days at the start of the contract to review what all is eligible for coverage and to call us back with any questions. We did authorize and pay for all of the eligible items on your claim. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to give us a call.

Original review: May 3, 2022

When I purchased vehicle new it had 20“ inch tires and wheels with a leveling kit to front suspension from factory. Inquired if vehicle is fully covered, with assistance of Andrea purchased upgrade coverage recommended by CarShield. Thank you all.

CarShield response

Thank you for your review and we are always here to help. Please give us a call if you need anything else!

Original review: May 3, 2022

Although I haven't had to use CarShield yet. In talking with the Agents and customer service, I found the people very nice and they answered my concerns

very well. I would surely recommend CarShield to friends and family. Thank You very much.

Original review: May 3, 2022

I called last week to find out about my contract lady that answered would not even look up my account, told me that I would just have to wait till it came. Called back today and lady that answered started right off asking for my phone number and when that didn’t work asked if I had a contract number. When I gave it to her she pulled it right up! Found out that phone & email were both wrong, fixed them, got this right off.

CarShield response

We’re happy to help. Let us know if you need anything else.

Original review: May 3, 2022

The bank closed my old card, because of fraud; which happened to be the card I used for this account. Your representative was patient, charming, and very courteous. I informed her what occurred, and gave her my new card number to bring my account current. Job well done!

Original review: May 3, 2022

Very satisfied with Darrisha in Claims. She saved my Policy with CarShield and was so pleasant to speak to. She told me what needed to be done and how to go about it. I speak from the heart. I wish there were more around like her. Was very helpful. A+ from a CarShield customer.

Original review: May 3, 2022

The process went much smoother than I had anticipated. I made up my mind a week earlier to contact CarShield but mulled it around until I decided to call last week. I cannot comment on customer service/value/coverage until I make my first claim. Hopefully, that won't be for a while.

Original review: May 2, 2022

I'm kinda going through life right now but on the down side, and all I can say is that when you speak to a customer service agent and they are empathetic about your situation everything changes. They are not just about the money. They actually sincerely care about their customers. I really respect them for their selflessness. I appreciate them to the utmost. I will never forget the gratitude you showed me along with your professionalism. Thank you for your time and understanding. God Bless.

CarShield response

Even though we are sorry to see you go as a customer, we hope you keep us in mind for the future. If there is anything more we can do for you, please give us a call.

Original review: May 2, 2022

Upon completion with order process, I was happy to have that warranty with CarShield. Unfortunately, I had to cancel my contract with them because I was able to get an extended warranty through MoPar. Other than that, I didn't have them long enough to have any issues with them.

Original review: May 2, 2022

My first experience with an extended warranty program is going very well. I would recommend CarShield to everyone I know especially with vehicles that have a limited warranty. Like most people my vehicle is of great importance to myself and my livelihood. Especially with greater technology and the need for knowledgeable technicians in the auto industry.

CarShield response

We're happy to hear this. Let us know if you need anything else.

CarShield Company Information