4.4/5 (2269 ratings)
Get Pricing
Call Now Toll Free

About CarShield

CarShield offers customizable vehicle service contracts that cover new and used cars against malfunctions or breakdowns. Along with these extended warranties, CarShield also provides 24/7 roadside assistance, towing and rental vehicles. Month-to-month coverage and flexible monthly payment plans are available to fit your needs.

Pros

• More plans than many competitors
    • Contracts available in Spanish
    • Transferable warranties
    • Covers various vehicles

Cons

• Inconvenient quote process
    • Limited benefits

Bottom Line

CarShield's high points include its month-to-month and motorcycle coverage. Although CarShield's quote process isn't the best, its numerous plans and lax vehicle requirements make finding the right coverage easy.

CarShield Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CarShield?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about CarShield?

Original review: Nov. 19, 2021

When purchase my contract I didn't think about the letters with the numbers that was a mistake on my part, so when you purchase anything that requires you to speak your vin number make sure you recite a name or something with the letter because some letters sound like numbers. All in all they worked it out fast in a couple of phone calls and l thank them for that. Trent **

Original review: Nov. 19, 2021

My Customer Service Rep was Luke, Luke was so polite, knowledgeable and patient with all of my questions and concerns. He answered all questions in a manner that put me at ease about CarShield. I had to call back and ask another question and Luke take care of everything. I wished that every time I called, Luke would be the person that answered the telephone.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2021

I had to cancel Car Shield because I am in the process of selling the car which I have the Car Shield for. The representative on the phone was very courteous and helpful. Will be using Car Shield in the future.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2021

I have been waiting too long for the ok for repairs. This the longest warranty company I have been with take this long for the ok for repairs to be performed, tomorrow is Friday. 4 days in the shop. It will take them 3-5 days for the repairs and no word with no rental and I have two policies. What kind of company is this.

CarShield response

We do apologize you feel this way. We at CarShield have little to no control over the claims, shop process, or the administrators' decision. We are, however, always willing to explain the coverage details or help you with any of your Customer Service needs. Please give us a call if you have further questions.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2021

All my questions were answered. I am waiting on a refund since I had to sell my car and I had time remaining on the policy. I was advised to write the company a letter explaining my situation and the unused portion would be refunded to me. Hope all goes smoothly.

CarShield response

Yes! We show that your refund has been sent by check! If you do not see that in the mail within 20 days, give us a call! Even though we are sorry to see you go as a customer, we hope you keep us in mind for the future. If there is anything more we can do for you, please give us a call.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2021

It was amazingly fast and cooperative and respectful. I loved the way they value their customer so yes I would refer a friend and many more people. Thank you for the amazingly experience. I will continue to stay positive during this tough time. They also were understanding

CarShield response

We appreciate your support and review. If you have any questions about your policy don't hesitate to give us a call!

Original review: Nov. 18, 2021

Great conversation with Andrea, very helpful and understanding. Andrea explained the value and my concern. Andrea was able to help me with Car Shield plan and adjust it to me my needs. I appreciate you guys willingness to help. Thank you very much.

CarShield response

We appreciate your time and we are glad you took the opportunity to protect your vehicle. If you have any questions give us a call!

Original review: Nov. 18, 2021

Went to the dealer and found out it was a water pump and a few other things. Called Car Shield and everything was covered except one part for $64 dollars. Paid the $100 deductible and the $64. Thanks car Shield!!!

CarShield response

Thank you for the kind words. We are pleased to hear you found our service helpful! If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to contact us.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2021

Good customer service and attentive to what I need to have done in an timely matter. Knew what I need to have done and took care of the issue immediately without me having to explain several times. I would recommend CarShield to anyone. I am an US Army veteran and is shown appreciation I deserve.

CarShield response

Thank you for your review. Glad to see our customer service was able to help you out so quickly. Please contact us if you have any other questions.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2021

Tamesha was absolutely awesome and very understanding. She pointed me in the right direction after having to call five times, and being told each time to call a different number. She told me what I needed to do and who to send it to and again, she was wonderful. Great customer service, Tamesha!

CarShield response

We are pleased to hear our team was able to answer any questions you had. Thank you again for your time.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2021

I almost cancelled Carshield today, if it were not for the kind, empathetic and timely assistance of a knowledgeable and expert customer service representative. Meghan calmed my intense feelings, reassured me, offered support and practical help. She extended my payment due date also.

CarShield response

We are pleased to hear you found our customer service team helpful! If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to contact us.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2021

We have called a number of times to get the any kind of paperwork to care in the truck, I got the one for our car but as of yet nothing for the pickup. I am really not sure why it is taking so long and so many phone calls. If this is what you do about paperwork, what do you do about a claim?

CarShield response

We are so sorry to hear this! We don't usually have any problems getting a contract to you. We have sent another one by email, to the email we have on file. If you do not see it right away, please check your junk/spam folder, as it does come from a donotreply@carshield.com. We also sent another physical copy to the address we have on file. That can take up to 14 days to receive. If you have any other questions or concerns, please give us a call! We promise you made a great decision to protect your vehicle, we will get you that contract as soon as possible!

Original review: Nov. 17, 2021

PRICELESS customer service. they treat you with a caring attitude and are quick to answer any questions you might have dealing with your car issues and stand behind their words which is very important during this day and time. I Highly recommend Car Shield.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2021

I did have a problem with my car a few years ago, and you took care of it. I was happy I had you. I am sorry I cannot remember what the problem was, but it's nice to know I do not have to worry about it.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2021

The representative who took my call came through as well trained. All of my questions were quickly and professionally answered. Based on this I made my decision and joined CarShield. I recommend CarShield to all of my family and friends. My wife and I are on limited incomes. So it’s always good to have something to offset high costs of vehicle repair

Original review: Nov. 17, 2021

The agent I spoke to have me the best customer service I have had in over 15 years!! I highly recommend Car Shield. I am taking my car tomorrow for service at Tysinger Motors in Hampton Virginia which is also an awesome dealership. Thank you.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2021

Had all my records and was eager to correct my mileage. So far my dealings with Car Shield have been great. Was able to print out my agreement without a problem. I have faith I will be taken care of in time of need. Thank You Lorraine

Original review: Nov. 17, 2021

I enjoyed talking with the rep. from CarShield. All my questions were answered. The rep. was knowledgeable and helpful with everything I needed. I will recommend to family and friends to join carshield for protection in the future for their automobiles.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2021

I was just following up on a claim call that was not addressed yet. The agent I spoke with was very helpful and very polite. Asked if there was anything else he could help me with I replied no. Thank you

Original review: Nov. 16, 2021

On the couple of occasions that I had to contact Car Shield, I received excellent customer support. Your representatives are very knowledgeable and want to make sure your issue is resolved. I made the right choice to get Car Shield.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2021

Had problem with getting the tow truck. First one came at 10:30am..He jumped it then left..The truck stopped on the way to the garage..Then it took 4 and half hours to get another tow truck to get the my truck to the garage..

CarShield response

We are sorry to hear that. Usually Roadside Assistance is pretty quick. If you have any other questions, please give us a call.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2021

I took my car to Jail Automotive at 1636 Bladenburg Rd NE Washington, DC 20018 Where you recommended on Friday, November 5. They keep saying they could not find out what was keeping me from putting the car in gear. Since they could not find out what was wrong I picked up my car on Monday November 15 2021. I did not receive the work order papers when I picked my car up. There was no charge.

CarShield response

We are sorry to hear that. If the shop can find the source of the issue, please have them call us as soon as possible so that we can assist you in filing a claim.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2021

Very helpful and very nice to work with. Went over details of the protection plan. Went over coverage details such as getting administrators authorization for contract mechanical breakdown or failure for covered repairs and additional benefits is always required prior to any service being performed.

CarShield response

Thanks for the review and welcome to CarShield! Thank you for choosing us! We want to make sure you're completely satisfied with your policy, so please contact us with any questions or concerns you may have regarding your coverage.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2021

I sold my vehicle and asked to cancel service. I was happy the phone was answered quickly. After a short transfer I was sent to the cancellation department. After a short conversation, I was told a refund would be given and the cancelation was complete. Thank you!

Original review: Nov. 16, 2021

I have Car Shield for about 6 months, thankfully haven't had to file a claim yet. I bought an older vehicle 88 dodge ram 50 pickup. Excellent condition. But because it's an older vehicle it was denied coverage due to its age. Just a shame they won't cover it just cause it's older. Engine in great shape, brakes, tires new, carburetor brand new and it's a stick 5 speed. Yet still won't cover it. Oh yeah still under 150,000 miles. DISAPPOINTED!!!!

CarShield response

We do apologize. Our system only allows us to cover up to a certain age and mileage on vehicles. Thank you for the review and when your vehicle does encounter a repair, don't hesitate to give us a call! In the meantime, if you have any questions about your policy or what is covered and what is not, please let us know.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2021

The gentleman was very kind and helpful in helping me understand all about CarShield and explaining everything to me about what I was paying for and receiving. He was patient and I liked all he told me. I therefore agreed to purchase the plan.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2021

Agent contacted me about needing to renew my contract. Agent was very caring to my needs and being able to see to my continuing service with Car Shield. Although I have not needed to use your services yet, I can rest assured that if I do, you will be there to cover me.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2021

I did not want to go forward with CarShield after my Grace period. I did not like the reviews I read on the Web and did not want to deal with this situation. I am 80 years old, a recent widow, not healthy, and have too much on my plate to take on another problem. Thank you for understanding.

CarShield response

We're definitely sorry to see you go and appreciate your time to leave a review. If you ever want a start back up with us, we're just a phone call away!

Original review: Nov. 16, 2021

TRAVIS did an outstanding job in providing me with the contract I needed to present to the mechanic that was servicing my vehicle. If all your reps are as courteous and professional as Travis there shouldn't be any reason for CAR SHIELD to go out of business.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2021

I did tell you exactly what the agent and I talked about which was my time of payment. The time that I specified was not going to be convenient-so we both laughed about it and said Good-bye.. That is all. He was kind and understanding.

CarShield Company Information