4.5/5 (2099 ratings)
View Pricing
Call Center Open

About CarShield

CarShield offers customizable vehicle service contracts that cover new and used cars against malfunctions or breakdowns. Along with these extended warranties, CarShield also provides 24/7 roadside assistance, towing and rental vehicles. Month-to-month coverage and flexible monthly payment plans are available to fit your needs.

Pros

• More plans than many competitors offer
    • Plans start at $79 per month
    • Month-to-month plans available
    • Covers cars with up to 300,000 miles

Cons

• Rental reimbursement isn’t standard

Bottom Line

CarShield's high points include its month-to-month and motorcycle coverage. Although CarShield's quote process isn't the best, its numerous plans and lax vehicle requirements make finding the right coverage easy.

CarShield Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CarShield?

Original review: Jan. 23, 2023

Contract pre negated to provide no service for the HVAC system!. No discussion, no help, no anything!!!! I will post this on any and all message boards. I will advise all my customers to avoid any thing Carshield. Huge scam!!! What a rip-off for consumers!

CarShield response

We do apologize, however, we show you have Platinum coverage. Our Platinum coverage is "named component coverage". This means we can only cover the parts listed in the contract. The HVAC unit case is not listed in the contract, and therefore would not be eligible for coverage. Hopefully, we can help you out on the next one!

Original review: Jan. 23, 2023

Spoke with the rep and wanted to setup and bi-monthly payment plan to help spread out the cost of the service. I think that regardless of the level, that people should be able to adjust their plans to spread out the total monthly payments.

CarShield response

We appreciate your support. If you have any questions don't hesitate to give us a call!

Original review: Jan. 23, 2023

I was told that Carshield does not cover these kinds of repair, by ourisman chev security and by Carshield when I called them. I thought I had good coverage by Carshield when I purchase this coverage, and I did not know about the limits with the policy.

CarShield response

We're sorry that you feel this way. We show you had two previously paid-out claims last year, and the only reason this current one was denied was because the wire was corroded, and corrosion is specifically excluded from all of our contracts. The other item called in was the left side view mirror and we do not cover external cosmetic components of the vehicle, only internal mechanical ones. If you have any other questions, do not hesitate to give us a call.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2023

You never cover the item I need. I have more than one vehicle policy with Carshield. I'm canceling all my memberships and I'm telling everyone on social media to NOT ever buy from you. I'm making it my life's goal to let people know what this business is all about. And that is stealing people's money.

CarShield response

We're sorry to hear this. It is unfortunate when a needed repair isn't listed for coverage on your policy. Hopefully we can help you on the next one!

Original review: Jan. 23, 2023

Had called about a scheduled monthly payment issue. My CSR was responsive and helpful! Got Prompt attention. I would not be reluctant to call again if I needed immediate assistance. Highly recommend their services, keep up the good work CarShield staff!

CarShield response

Thank you for your review. Glad to see our customer service was able to help you out so quickly. Please contact us if you have any other questions.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2023

I find your contract incomplete due to your failure to include information as to what is and isn’t covered under emissions and your service personnel not knowing what is and isn’t covered under the emissions policy. Also you don’t cover what is covered under seals and gaskets in the contract.

CarShield response

We're sorry that you feel this way, however, we can assure you that is not the case. On page 16 of 21 in your contract, it does specifically list out what is and is not covered under Emissions. Seals and gaskets are listed for coverage for your cooling system, air conditioning, fuel system, and supercharger/turbo if applicable. If you have any other questions, do not hesitate to reach out.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2023

I called to discuss the coverage changes due to the mileage of the vehicle. If I pay for diamond coverage it should stay diamond until I decide to change it; not because the vehicle performed well and exceeded a certain number of miles before needing repair.

CarShield response

We're sorry to hear this. Once you sign up for coverage, you are locked in to that level of coverage as long as you keep the vehicle, no matter how high the mileage goes. We show you signed up for coverage in November, and called in to update mileage in January. The only reason you should have called to update the mileage is if the mileage at the time of sale of the contract was incorrect. If you were just calling to tell us how much mileage you have now, an update would not have been needed. Please give us a call to clear anything up.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2023

The customer service was superb. I love how all my questions were answered with precise answers. The information given was very easy to understand and the representative did not mind answering any question I brought his way. Keep up the good work and I will be sending others your way.

CarShield response

We are pleased to hear our team was able to answer any questions you had. Thank you again for your time.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2023

Very attentive and kept us informed on progress of our repair. We received a call from Carshield and several from superior dealership on the progress of the repair. We have 3 vehicles insured with Carshield and have always had good work and easy repairs with all of them.

CarShield response

Thank you for the kind words. We are pleased to hear you found our service helpful! If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to contact us.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2023

I spoke to a young man Darius and he went above and beyond the call of duty. Was amazing. He is the reason I will continue to come to CarShield for very very long time, years and years and years to come. I don't know if you have employee of the month, employee of the year but that young man deserves it because you don't see this in the world today especially after Covid-19. For customer service just went out of the window this young man still has it. Everyone should look for someone like Darius to work in their Fortune 500 company.

CarShield response

We appreciate your time and we are glad you took the opportunity to protect your vehicle. If you have any questions give us a call!

Original review: Jan. 21, 2023

My car has been in the shop since Monday, and this is Friday. I still don't know if it's going to be covered or not. I don't have a car and I keep getting told that the adjuster will know in 24 hours. What's going on?

CarShield response

We show that your shop has not yet sent in the pictures that were requested. Once they send those in, your claim will be able to proceed.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2023

Carshield Did everything they advertise. They put a new engine in my Vehicle 2012 JMC terrain. Customer service was right on a point I was very helpful getting my claim Approved. Carshield repaired my vehicle 3 times last year time in train Window motor And engine. I would recommend Carshield to anyone that asked me. I am a customer a happy customer and have no affiliation with Carshield other than being a customer.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2023

Yeah I’m very excited that I have Carshield. This company has saved me some money that I can use for a different expense. So I’m grateful for the quality that this company has provided for me to keep my vehicle on the road.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2023

The representative was very helpful with my situation. He called elsewhere to make sure my claim was being looked into and advise me of further responses to the autobody shop. Thank you so much for all your help. I will recommend Car Shield to others. Before calling I was in tears and after speaking to your representative I felt much better and at ease.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2023

You would be a fool not to sign up. Had this policy for 3 yrs and it is worth every dime. Had an engine problem. CarShield was straight to the rescue. Rental and all. Took my truck to the dealership And within a day the claim was approved.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2023

Had great customer service over the past few days. All agents were patient and very polite/Respectful. I had a policy for my vehicle in the past and had good results so I decided to purchase one for my wife. Hope to have the same experience with this policy going forward.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2023

I will never ever recommend. My car has been in the shop for 3 months. CarShield took forever to send someone to look at my car. Then when they did nothing was put in. Took a month to get an authorization. Then they had to order the part and after 2 weeks they couldn't get and told the mechanic to get. Nothing extra was offered to me and I'm still without my car. I am unhappy with the supervisor depart as well. Guy was super rude and just tried to blame the mechanic which I have been with when he has tried to deal with CarShield.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2023

The agent was very helpful in responding to my request. The assistance given to me was very professional and very informative. This kind of attention convince me that if any of my family or friend would be interested in this type of service, I'd gladly refer them.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2023

Called for information about how to file a claim. Had awesome information related back and how to go about handing this. I would greatly recommend CarShield coverage to my family and any friend. I’m actually wanting to add a second vehicle soon. Not at this time.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2023

Very satisfied with prompt response. Every aspect of my conversation with agent was accurate and courteous. I have been completely comfortable with my subscription to Carshield. Hopefully, I will continue to enjoy the benefits of my subscription for many years.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2023

Submitted new monthly payment instrument. Instrument previously used became exhausted and had to be replaced with a new one. Transaction was successfully completed and all parties were satisfied. The Car Shield Representative was cordial, helpful and understood the situation. I hope for the same assistance on future contacts.

CarShield response

We are pleased to hear you found our customer service team helpful! If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to contact us.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2023

To was very pleasant to deal with professional and patient in explaining the coverage. He doesn't rushed you. He is kind and knowledgeable. He called back cause I do t have my VIN number information of my car. That was nice.

CarShield response

Thank you for your time and review. If you have any questions give us a call!

Original review: Jan. 19, 2023

Everything was easy and worry free. Dealership did all the calling so I did not have to be bothered. My car was 10 years old and for two years no claims. Then it just happened and I needed CarShield. Thank you.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2023

Understanding the individual was difficult and burdensome most of the time. I am an American-speaking ** of 74 years and had to ask for clarification of what was said or conveyed to me. This individual should not be reprimanded; but, should be trained in a different method or given more training.

CarShield response

We're sorry to hear this! The individual you spoke to is very much English speaking so we are sorry to hear that there was difficulty understanding her. We do know that she does work remote, so maybe there was just a connection issue. Either way, we very much appreciate your feedback.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2023

Very pleasant and helpful representative. Ms. ** was very helpful in finding my warranty as I did not have that information readily available. She corrected my email address and phone number. My son and I have the same name and he has a contract also. Just superb customer service.

CarShield response

Thank you for your time and review. If you have any questions give us a call!

Original review: Jan. 18, 2023

I took the Fiat to my mechanic today for the check engine light. He said my policy does not include engine repair. I have according to my papers, the Gold Policy which is supposed to cover everything. I guess I should have gone with Endurance that keeps calling my house. Chrystal

CarShield response

Sorry to hear there may have been confusion about your coverage. Our coverage plans vary depending on the age and mileage of the vehicle. Therefore, our sales agents place you into the highest level of coverage your vehicle qualifies for at the best rates. You were given the absolute highest level of coverage that your vehicle qualifies for nationwide, it just doesn't cover absolutely everything on the vehicle. It is still a great coverage that covers all of your major powertrain components, your AC, fuel system, radiator, water pump and basic electrical! Give us a call sometime and we can go over your policy and answer any questions you have.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2023

My experience with CarShield was negative. Due to the information on your commercials that prompted me as a female to sign up for your service. the commercial does not state that the systems have to be failed: in order for you to pay a claim. The lovely Vivica A. Fox saying, "As a woman you really need this service." My charge was $2100 and I still have to pay you $110.12 a month. That is not saving me thousands of dollars.

CarShield response

We're sorry to hear this. Unfortunately, we show that what your shop called in was the installation of an idler pulley skim for the betterment of the vehicle. This was not a mechanical breakdown, so it was not eligible for coverage. The contract does explain this exclusion of coverage. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to give us a call.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2023

The customer representative, his name is Steven was very helpful. He was also very persuasive and he also stated that I was getting a great deal for what I was getting. Instead of canceling my policy I made the decision to keep it. Thanks again Steven for helping me.

CarShield response

Thank you for your review and we are always here to help. Please give us a call if you need anything else!

Original review: Jan. 18, 2023

I call to change a few things on my profile. The representative was very nice and patient. I have not had to submit any type of claim yet but think they would be just as helpful. Will tell friends and family about the phone call.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2023

I was assured my problems are covered under my plan. I requested pick- up and delivery of the vehicle which has been arranged for me. I have not had the above problems before and, although the car is nearly 11 years old, the mileage is still low, so it is not time yet to trade it in.

CarShield Company Information