4.4/5 (2172 ratings)
Call Now Toll Free

About CarShield

CarShield offers customizable vehicle service contracts that cover new and used cars against malfunctions or breakdowns. Along with these extended warranties, CarShield also provides 24/7 roadside assistance, towing and rental vehicles. Month-to-month coverage and flexible monthly payment plans are available to fit your needs.

Pros

• More plans than many competitors offer
  • Plans start at $79 per month
  • Month-to-month plans available
  • Covers cars with up to 300,000 miles

Cons

• Rental reimbursement isn’t standard

Bottom Line

CarShield's high points include its month-to-month and motorcycle coverage. Although CarShield's quote process isn't the best, its numerous plans and lax vehicle requirements make finding the right coverage easy.

CarShield Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CarShield?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about CarShield?

Original review: Sept. 13, 2022

I've enjoyed having CarShield's protection. The customer service has been excellent. I have another vehicle insured with them and will keep them as my vehicle's protection company. I highly recommend Car Shield and I have family and friends who have enjoyed them as well. Great company who are there when you need them.

CarShield response

Thank you for your review and we are always here to help. Please give us a call if you need anything else!

Original review: Sept. 13, 2022

I inquired about my coverage for a problem with my power windows. Service rep was very helpful! I described my problem. He was quickly able to ascertain that I am covered. To wit, I visited my Toyota dealer and have an appointment for next week.

CarShield response

Thank you for your review. Glad to see our customer service was able to help you out so quickly. Please contact us if you have any other questions.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2022

Very helpful. We used CarShield for a repair and the process was very easy. There wasn't any problems with getting the car repaired at the dealership and the car has been working fine ever since the repair was completed. The customer service was very informative.

CarShield response

Thank you for the kind words. We are pleased to hear you found our service helpful! If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to contact us.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2022

Wow, I don't want this to read lesser than other reviews, so here is the whole truth about CarShield. Phenomenal! Never had I been treated so kindly by anyone in the automotive scheme. Car Shield's people are right on, they explained everything to me in my layman ways. They explained logistics of not just Car Shield, but the car repair places and what they would do for me without any crazies. I was and am elated for my car repairs. The transmission control modular unit went out in my car right there in Costco parking lot 45 minutes away from my house. They had me towed, and my USAA insurance paid fully for me to have a LIFT ride to anywhere I needed to go. LOVE LOVE LOVE CAR SHIELD. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

CarShield response

We appreciate your support and review. If you have any questions about your policy don't hesitate to give us a call!

Original review: Sept. 13, 2022

See you require a maintenance keep of my vehicle. So you have a feature saying download documents? I tried so many times and it doesn’t work! So if my car was to break I have documentation but you're making this impossible to prove. I am not too happy with that, called your 1800 number, put in hold for troubleshooting at least 20 minutes, nothing resolved! So to me this indication that if something goes wrong with my vehicle after the time you ask told me the grace period before your benefits can’t start? This indication of shady business to me so I will not pay next month on cancel my services and try the other guys? Your competition that their name. Either be honest with customers?

CarShield response

We're sorry to hear that. The option to upload documents to the app is fairly new, so there may be some things that need to be worked out. We can assure you when your vehicle breaks down, you will be taken care of in a timely manner, as there are other ways to send in documents if they are needed for a claim. If you have any other questions, do not hesitate to give us a call.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2022

I had to temporarily cancel my account because my van was totaled. I plan to replace it this week and was told that part of my last payment will go towards my new vehicle since payment had just been made. I am thrilled to hear this and have always been satisfied with speaking with Agents at CarShield!!!

CarShield response

We're definitely sorry to see you go and appreciate your time to leave a review. If you ever want a start back up with us, we're just a phone call away!

Original review: Sept. 12, 2022

Best deal ever, they paid over $2000 towards my bill when the total was OVER $4000. My car is 11 years old and getting CarShield was one of the best decisions I have made in a long, long, long time!!!

Original review: Sept. 12, 2022

The lady was very pleasant and knowledgeable. I will tell my family and friends about her and this company, she explained different options and made it very clear. I was going to look into a company like this but I don't think I will find one this good. The price is very good.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2022

Great experience so far, hopefully, no hiccups when if I ever need to use the coverage. Speaking with the representative, he was clear on what the Car Shield covers and explained everything to me in a way that I could understand. Great job.

CarShield response

Thank you for the review and when your vehicle does encounter a repair, don't hesitate to give us a call! In the meantime, if you have any questions about your policy or what is covered and what is not, please let us know.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2022

I will hopefully get my undercarriage repaired today. CarShield has been very responsive to our requests for repair. If they have roadside service, I would consider keeping this coverage for the duration of the vehicle. Thank you CarShield for your responsiveness to repairing my vehicle.

CarShield response

We’re happy to help. Let us know if you need anything else.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2022

I chose CarShield as my Warranty coverage because I needed the coverage and I liked Ice T! I couldn’t see Ice T promoting anything that was reliable and helpful.. Back in September of 2021, I signed up with CarShield.. I was supposed to be receiving my contact by email but never received it.. I’m a busy person so I don’t dwell on the same things repeatedly unless it’s not correct.. I paid; $99.99 down and $99.99 a month automatic payment draft.. I’m knowing if anything happens I’m good! So, a few months later I started having problems with my my struts and suspension system.. I had nothing to look over to see if was covered so, I called CarShield! They say no it’s not covered that’s like $2,000 to be repaired.. So now again August 24th,2022. My A/C and Radio screen is out. I only take my car to the Cadillac place where I brought it from.

I called CarShield, they to me to get it diagnosed and have the technician to send them the diagnosis! The Cadillac technician did just that. I paid $250 for the diagnostic fee that day. I called CarShield in asked if they’ve received all they need from the Cadillac technician? I was told that they didn’t have anything on me as part of a claim. I had to start all the way over. This person on the phone now, told me to have the technician to call him and give him the claim number.. I did just that, so now I did just that. An hour later, I get a call from the Cadillac technician, saying that I will need to bring my car back because CarShield has emailed them a thick Pamphlet that has to be filled out and they have to get the codes off the car and re/diagnosis the car again. I drop my car off at the Cadillac place on 8/29/22.

Ok so I’m catching rides every day to and from work.. I work 40 miles from home, 40 miles going and 40 miles coming that’s 80 miles in a day. On 9/10/22 American AutoShield a joint company with CarShield, lady named Alexis called me to get verification of my vehicle and to get my 1yr of vehicle service which had already been emailed to them on 9/9/22 from the Cadillac place. Between 9/11-9/12/22, someone from the warranty company called in unprofessionally left a message for the Cadillac technician that my vehicle wouldn’t be covered. The technician called me at 8:04am to let me know! I called CarShield to ask and asked why not? They said, they don’t cover outside damage! I asked, "How could it be outside damage when one has worked on my vehicle in that area?" And that’s part of the reason I’m paying monthly fees to them in case of daily natures like this one?

If you are driving with no accident and something hits your vehicle like a stick or rock going in between your grill and hitting your condenser without you being aware of it, that’s Mother Nature! They still said, it’s not covered.. I asked for a copy of my denial letter! I was told it takes 7 to 10 days before it arrives.. that was on today 9/12/22.. I also asked what was the appeal process? I was told that once the adjuster has denied the claim there’s no reversing it?? Meaning there’s no fair chance at making sure this is in your policy and/or there was nothing misunderstood in the claim report..

CarShield response

We do apologize, however, your contract does clearly state that damage caused by external causes is not eligible for coverage. You can find this on page 6 of 22 in your contract under the Exclusions section. If you have any other questions, do not hesitate to give us a call.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2022

My calls were met with the “adjuster is too busy to respond to my claim” for over two weeks just to have the claim denied. Even then I had to call to get that update as no attempt was made to call and inform me of what I needed to do on this first time filing and last.

CarShield response

We're sorry to hear this. It is unfortunate when a needed repair isn't listed for coverage on your policy. Hopefully we can help you on the next one!

Original review: Sept. 12, 2022

My experience was pleasant. I called to correct the documented mileage of my vehicle. There was a discrepancy in numbers and I wanted it corrected for the record. The representative was very understanding and very pleasant throughout the call. She handled my concern very professionally.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2022

Car Shield is a great company to work with. We have been with them for a few years now and when we needed to make a change in our automobile, the process was easy, the person we worked with was friendly and very informative. She explained the new plan and went through the benefits we would have. It was a very easy process.

CarShield response

We're happy to hear this. Let us know if you need anything else.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2022

They are still reviewing my invoice for the A/C repair on my 2012 Nissan Murano. Due to a time crunch, I was told by a Car Shield representative that I could tell the mechanic to order the part and repair the A/C. American Auto Says that the mechanic refused to work on my car. The American Auto representatives have not been very helpful. I am waiting on a response. This is the first claim that I have had. If I do not get reimbursed, I do not feel that I need to keep my CarShield policy.

CarShield response

We're sorry to hear this. We do see that the claims escalations team sent this up for review because the claim was ready for authorization when the shop refused to work with us. You should be hearing from claims very soon once it has been reviewed.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2022

Waiting on a decision if they are going to fix it or not going on a week now. The part is covered by the plan. The problem is on their end. Dealer is all ready to do their repair. I have call every day and they said 72 business hour to make a decision.

CarShield response

We do apologize to hear about your frustration. Unfortunately, we see there was a mileage issue that had to be addressed before the claim can proceed. They should be giving you a call today to get the claim moving forward. If you have any other questions, do not hesitate to give us a call.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2022

My air conditioner was broke and CarShield had it repaired by a highly professional mechanic and it is working great now with no problems. CarShield is the best warranty insurance I have ever had and they make sure your problem is solved.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2022

I have not used CarShield, yet. Do have any referrals, that you would recommend for Car Repairs Service in the Washington, D C area? I was impressed with your Customer Service Representative. I have been calling around. So far I have only found One location. Do you have list, that you could send me. I would greatly appreciate, it.

CarShield response

Sorry you’re having trouble finding a local repair shop that accepts our coverage. Some shops refuse to take our coverage, however it is not for the reasons you may think. Some shops refuse to take any outside coverage because they want to be in charge of their own prices. There is a nationally recognized labor guide that tells repair facilities what to charge for what services and things like that. But it's up to each individual shop whether or not they want to follow it. With coverage like ours, we keep shops from overcharging our customers and shops don't always like that. We’re happy to stand on our record of servicing over 2 million customers over our 17 years in business. Not to mention our claims department pays out over $5 million in claims every month. If you need help finding other shops in your area, please give us a call.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2022

Great experience, questions answered, reason for calling was taken care of. Great customer service, explained everything with detail, kept it quick as well. She should get a promotion or a raise. Didn't hassle me either as much as some do.

CarShield response

We appreciate your time and we are glad you took the opportunity to protect your vehicle. If you have any questions give us a call!

Original review: Sept. 10, 2022

CarShield was a very affordable coverage for my 2015 vehicle. Great customer service and excellent customer response. From the immediate quote, guidance through my needs assessment, Nathan was attentive and very helpful. I highly recommend to anyone seeking affordable, complete coverage of their low mileage vehicle.

CarShield response

We are pleased to hear you found our customer service team helpful! If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to contact us.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2022

It was just an ease to get information on what was covered. I was able to get answers about my contract to make the necessary appointment with the dealer. I was able to print out my contract and give copy to the dealer to make sure she understand the coverages

CarShield response

We are pleased to hear our team was able to answer any questions you had. Thank you again for your time.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2022

Car Shield is very good to have! If your car breaks down & you have high bills to get your car fixed all you have to do is pay your deductible & it gets it done from the chive of mechanic shop you choose, Make car shield your 1st choice after purchasing a used car, A Must Have!

CarShield response

We appreciate your support. If you have any questions don't hesitate to give us a call!

Original review: Sept. 9, 2022

Very helpful. I had an issue with my credit card. Car Shield was very understanding and didn’t cancel my account while the issue was being resolved. Your agent that helped me get my payments back on track was very kind and considerate.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2022

Very professional and friendly help with total transparency. I would like to recommend CarShield to anyone who is considering. I hope to have car shield on my other cars as well when they are past their warranty. Thank you car shield.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2022

Spoke with an agent, James in August and signed up - have a 20 day wait period so on 9/16/22 my coverage will start. I will also cancel my present coverage with TruAuto at that time. I am looking forward to better coverage with CarShield.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2022

I was on hold several times, the man I spoke to tried to assist me in every way possible. He said he would be able to offer me an lower monthly fee to give me time to come up with my out of pocket expenses.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2022

Great job. I would recommend CarShield to my whole family. My friends also know about the excellence of car shield. Can't wait to put my other vehicle on car shield. Great customer service. Very very satisfied and well worth it. Great job car shield. You're the best.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2022

I called to check coverage. The issue that I inquired about was not covered but that is fine. I like that they looked me up right away. Your customer service people are excellent. I think Car Shield is a good value.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2022

I called to update info on my account. Also had a few questions. So called in there was no hold tone which was good. I spoke a agent and I told her the updates I had to add, she did them quick and she answered every question I had. The service friendly, knowledgeable, and quick. Very good experience, would recommend to others!

Original review: Sept. 8, 2022

This agent who assisted me Justin showed me a level of superb professionalism and perceived and received care and sincere concern such as that words cannot express,, I am going through a tough financial crisis that is temporary and was about to lose my coverage with CarShield after making payments for two years, but Justin was able to steer me the right direction and save my coverage,.

CarShield Company Information