4.4/5 (2264 ratings)
Get Pricing
Call Now Toll Free

About CarShield

CarShield offers customizable vehicle service contracts that cover new and used cars against malfunctions or breakdowns. Along with these extended warranties, CarShield also provides 24/7 roadside assistance, towing and rental vehicles. Month-to-month coverage and flexible monthly payment plans are available to fit your needs.

Pros

• More plans than many competitors
    • Contracts available in Spanish
    • Transferable warranties
    • Covers various vehicles

Cons

• Inconvenient quote process
    • Limited benefits

Bottom Line

CarShield's high points include its month-to-month and motorcycle coverage. Although CarShield's quote process isn't the best, its numerous plans and lax vehicle requirements make finding the right coverage easy.

CarShield Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CarShield?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about CarShield?

Original review: Nov. 13, 2021

My utmost appreciation to Car Shield Customer Representatives, they have assisted me in all aspects of my claim. From my first call, with wrecker service to the repair facility where my vehicle is getting serviced. Could not have asked for more.

CarShield response

We appreciate your time and we are glad you took the opportunity to protect your vehicle. If you have any questions give us a call!

Original review: Nov. 12, 2021

Very helpful. Good service. Gave me name and addresses of repair shop near me. My repairs were done quick. Just make you ask for a list of mechanics in your area because dealership are slow. Using other mechanics in the program are faster.

CarShield response

Thank you for your review. Glad to see our customer service was able to help you out so quickly. Please contact us if you have any other questions.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2021

Although we're still ironing out other details to my claim, overall it's been a pleasant experience. Customer service has gone above and beyond my expectations and have made the claim process easier to accomplish. Therefore I will be recommending American Car Shield.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2021

The lady on the phone was extremely helpful and answered all my questions promptly. She was very professional and polite. She also helped me understand more about how to deal with emails and the information given by the previous representative. I will definitely be promoting your business to all my friends and family. I especially appreciated the fact that I wasn't transferred from different people. I had a pleasant experience today, thank you CarShield.

CarShield response

We are pleased to hear you found our customer service team helpful! If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to contact us.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2021

The young lady that helped me today resolve my account issue was extremely kind and very helpful. Please tell her thank you for for her help. The only issues was automated system said it was transferring me to customer service then the person I talked to then had to transfer me.

CarShield response

We are pleased to hear our team was able to answer any questions you had. Thank you again for your time.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2021

I’m just getting a little disturbed that you keep emailing me about the mileage on my car. The original miles at 38,011. Which can be approved by my sticker certificate each year. I asked her to stop sending me emails about the mileage. Other than that I’m fine with the service.

CarShield response

We are so sorry to hear this. Usually you just receive one reminder email about mileage, just to make sure if you did not know the mileage at the time of sign up that we get that corrected as soon as possible. You should not receive anymore emails about your mileage.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2021

I needed my vehicle towed and CarShield referred me to AAA which is also a part of my warranty and they found a tow service for my vehicle and it was towed to my home. The Towing company was respectful and did not take all day.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2021

I don't have anything to add. The plan that I have is the bare minimum so my cost was not covered for replacing my fuel pump. As such I'm thinking of changing my plan. It's not CarShield's fault. It's my fault for not knowing 100% of what I've bought.

CarShield response

We’re happy to help. Let us know if you need anything else.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2021

A little underwhelmed, not what the Ads promote, hmmm? I would have preferred communications from Car Shield direct if there was a lesser amount covered. Transparency matters. Please feel free to call me for more detail.

CarShield response

We are sorry to hear this. We do see that the shop was overcharging on labor and not going by the nationally recognized labor guide. You should have been informed of this when authorization was given to the shop for the repair to be completed. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to give us a call.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2021

Great customer service rep. Give that young lady a raise! I was reaching out to find out more info about the car rental policy associated with Car Shield. She was able to give me an update the my coverage & give me a summary of my claim.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2021

Nephrtitis, the agent was great in assisting me with my question. CarShield, thus far has kept their word in doing or not doing repairs they do not cover. If repairs could not be done, I received an explanation as to why the repair could not be done.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2021

Cindy turned a sour situation into lemonade. Thank you Cindy for your positive and hopeful assistance. The confidence and bubble smile made my month, see that my car has been in the shop for close to a month waiting on my claim to be completed. Thank you a bunch Cindy.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2021

I like CarShield but I probably won't be able to continue Covering my new Vehicle because the quote is too high. $2000 + yearly is too expensive. I will have to find another form of coverage. $214 a month is too much.

CarShield response

We are sorry to hear this. Give us a call and we will try to see what incentives we have going on to see if we can help you with the cost.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2021

My experience with Mepco has been nothing but pleasant. The reason for discontinuing/canceling is pure a matter of economics. Having to cut back the budget. I have lost my employment and forced to eliminate all but the bare necessities. Thank you.

CarShield response

We appreciate your support. If you have any questions don't hesitate to give us a call! We hope to get you back under protection when you are able to!

Original review: Nov. 8, 2021

I'm happy for the service. I good with all that have and I come to peace with second car being added to my account. I'm very grateful with service and I will tell all my friend about CarShield. I'm thankful.

CarShield response

We appreciate your support and review. If you have any questions about your policy don't hesitate to give us a call!

Original review: Nov. 8, 2021

I am so thankful for CarShield. Your company paid for my transmission to be replaced and I am thrilled. I just can't stop telling people what you did for me! You are highly recommended by me everywhere I go. The only thing I regret is that you were not able to repair the Turbo & oil pan leak that my car still has.

CarShield response

Thank you for your review and we are always here to help. Please give us a call if you need anything else!

Original review: Nov. 8, 2021

Thanks again for helping me on fixing my transmission. I couldn't do it without y'all service on extra warranty that covers me before my warranty went out on my vehicle. I will recommend anybody to y'all company anytime of day. I appreciate you all business.

CarShield response

We’re happy to help. Let us know if you need anything else.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2021

I had my 15 Ford Explorer Sport fix by the Ford dealer and had no issues with getting the control arms on both side and one of the tie rods fix, the navigation system fix. I was glad that we had Carshield to cover the expenses otherwise we would had to pay 1691.00 out of pocket and we only pay 691. We had to pay to get the car front end alignment, for the dealer to reprogram the navigation system.

CarShield response

Thank you for the kind words. We are pleased to hear you found our service helpful! If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to contact us.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2021

My experience. Haha ok where do I start. My car blew up. It's in a shop. Can't get Car Shield to fix it. Can't even get them to bring it home. On a wrecker. Like when I paid 142 bucks. What was it for???? My health? Car shield ain't worth a **. My car still ain't fixed. Very pissed off customer. I'm looking for A new company that maybe can actually fix my **.

CarShield response

We do apologize, however we do not show that your shop ever called in to claims with diagnostic to cause of failure. Once they call that in, a claim can be started for you.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2021

The inspection of the car took longer and it a 24-48 hour turnaround on everything. Done too long so I was without a car for 14 day and then the shop told me parts not over and are so I pulled my car from them and I’ll take it elsewhere.

CarShield response

If you need any further assistance, please give us a call.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2021

I have never used your service so far. I called to see if something was covered and the representative said it was not, but she did it in such a polite and professional way it really impressed me. My former life the customer services reps worked in one of my departments. Thanks.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2021

Alex did a great job for me. He was friendly and did what he is supposed to do. I hope I made the right decision staying insured with you. Time will tell. But I appreciate a reduction of my monthly charge.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2021

The process should benefit customer by their needs, not. Base on the company fear of being taken advantage of. It should be to bust their rating and increase customer coming to Car shield. Rental should've been available immediately. Not when convenient for the company. Customer satisfaction is what grows the business.

CarShield response

Thank you for your time and review. If you have any questions give us a call!

Resolution response: Nov. 8, 2021

Thank you.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2021

Was going to cancel my policy but my representative was very caring and appreciated me as a customer and made the wrong a right and helped me keep my policy. HER name is on my account if you look at my last call..Georgiana I think was her name..I wrote it down but I'm typing this on my phone. But if you look on my account you will see who I was talking about.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2021

Great Job! Thank you for your attention to our account, we were impressed with the results of this company's professionalism and customer service. We would recommend this company for anyone who does not have an extended warranty on their vehicle.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2021

She was very helpful with every question I asked. Even helped me understand some things. She definitely is a good team member for your company. I give her a 5 stars. It’s people like her I wish every company had. Thank you again lady! Well I can’t remember her name lol.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2021

I had not received my membership Card. Rep said that she would E-Mail it to me, but all I've received is surveys. Needless to say, I am not happy. What happens when I really need your services? Is this the type of service I should expect?

CarShield response

Well, we do not provide membership cards with our service, only a copy of the contract itself. You should have received it by email. If you do not see it right away, please check your junk/spam folder as it does come from a donotreply@carshield.com email and can sometimes accidentally be sorted there. If you need us to send you a copy by mail, please give customer service a call anytime.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2021

My Agent was very nice, polite, knowledgeable and took care of all my needs. When I got off the phone with her I felt relieved to know that my business was taken care of and for as long as we were on the phone waiting for another agent to approve what we were doing which was taking my refund and putting it towards the new car and setting up automatic payment we held a conversation so it wasn't like I was just holding on for a long time. She was absolutely great. Excellent customer service.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2021

Easy payment options. I wish there was a way to do automatic payments. Every time I call the staff is very friendly. I wish there was a way to make automatic payments. This method would ease my mind about paying every month on time.

CarShield response

Autopay is on every account we have. We show that your payments are scheduled to draft on the 6th of each month. If you need to change your due date or the payment method on file, just give us a call.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2021

My representative was named Austin. He was very helpful and professional. My matter was resolved quickly. I almost waited until tomorrow to call because I had a long day at work. However I didn't wait on hold for an agent to answer, and he completely resolved my concerns! Austin is an asset to Car Shield!!!

CarShield Company Information