4.5/5 (2104 ratings)
Call Center Open

About CarShield

CarShield offers customizable vehicle service contracts that cover new and used cars against malfunctions or breakdowns. Along with these extended warranties, CarShield also provides 24/7 roadside assistance, towing and rental vehicles. Month-to-month coverage and flexible monthly payment plans are available to fit your needs.

Find Extended Auto Warranties near you

Pros

• More plans than many competitors offer
    • Plans start at $79 per month
    • Month-to-month plans available
    • Covers cars with up to 300,000 miles

Cons

• Rental reimbursement isn’t standard

Bottom Line

CarShield's high points include its month-to-month and motorcycle coverage. Although CarShield's quote process isn't the best, its numerous plans and lax vehicle requirements make finding the right coverage easy.

CarShield Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CarShield?

Original review: Jan. 20, 2023

The representative was very helpful with my situation. He called elsewhere to make sure my claim was being looked into and advise me of further responses to the autobody shop. Thank you so much for all your help. I will recommend Car Shield to others. Before calling I was in tears and after speaking to your representative I felt much better and at ease.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2023

You would be a fool not to sign up. Had this policy for 3 yrs and it is worth every dime. Had an engine problem. CarShield was straight to the rescue. Rental and all. Took my truck to the dealership And within a day the claim was approved.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2023

Had great customer service over the past few days. All agents were patient and very polite/Respectful. I had a policy for my vehicle in the past and had good results so I decided to purchase one for my wife. Hope to have the same experience with this policy going forward.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2023

I will never ever recommend. My car has been in the shop for 3 months. CarShield took forever to send someone to look at my car. Then when they did nothing was put in. Took a month to get an authorization. Then they had to order the part and after 2 weeks they couldn't get and told the mechanic to get. Nothing extra was offered to me and I'm still without my car. I am unhappy with the supervisor depart as well. Guy was super rude and just tried to blame the mechanic which I have been with when he has tried to deal with CarShield.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2023

The agent was very helpful in responding to my request. The assistance given to me was very professional and very informative. This kind of attention convince me that if any of my family or friend would be interested in this type of service, I'd gladly refer them.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2023

Called for information about how to file a claim. Had awesome information related back and how to go about handing this. I would greatly recommend CarShield coverage to my family and any friend. I’m actually wanting to add a second vehicle soon. Not at this time.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2023

Very satisfied with prompt response. Every aspect of my conversation with agent was accurate and courteous. I have been completely comfortable with my subscription to Carshield. Hopefully, I will continue to enjoy the benefits of my subscription for many years.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2023

Submitted new monthly payment instrument. Instrument previously used became exhausted and had to be replaced with a new one. Transaction was successfully completed and all parties were satisfied. The Car Shield Representative was cordial, helpful and understood the situation. I hope for the same assistance on future contacts.

CarShield response

We are pleased to hear you found our customer service team helpful! If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to contact us.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2023

To was very pleasant to deal with professional and patient in explaining the coverage. He doesn't rushed you. He is kind and knowledgeable. He called back cause I do t have my VIN number information of my car. That was nice.

CarShield response

Thank you for your time and review. If you have any questions give us a call!

Original review: Jan. 19, 2023

Everything was easy and worry free. Dealership did all the calling so I did not have to be bothered. My car was 10 years old and for two years no claims. Then it just happened and I needed CarShield. Thank you.

CarShield response

Thank you for the kind words. We are pleased to hear you found our service helpful! If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to contact us.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2023

Understanding the individual was difficult and burdensome most of the time. I am an American-speaking ** of 74 years and had to ask for clarification of what was said or conveyed to me. This individual should not be reprimanded; but, should be trained in a different method or given more training.

CarShield response

We're sorry to hear this! The individual you spoke to is very much English speaking so we are sorry to hear that there was difficulty understanding her. We do know that she does work remote, so maybe there was just a connection issue. Either way, we very much appreciate your feedback.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2023

Very pleasant and helpful representative. Ms. ** was very helpful in finding my warranty as I did not have that information readily available. She corrected my email address and phone number. My son and I have the same name and he has a contract also. Just superb customer service.

CarShield response

Thank you for your time and review. If you have any questions give us a call!

Original review: Jan. 18, 2023

I took the Fiat to my mechanic today for the check engine light. He said my policy does not include engine repair. I have according to my papers, the Gold Policy which is supposed to cover everything. I guess I should have gone with Endurance that keeps calling my house. Chrystal

CarShield response

Sorry to hear there may have been confusion about your coverage. Our coverage plans vary depending on the age and mileage of the vehicle. Therefore, our sales agents place you into the highest level of coverage your vehicle qualifies for at the best rates. You were given the absolute highest level of coverage that your vehicle qualifies for nationwide, it just doesn't cover absolutely everything on the vehicle. It is still a great coverage that covers all of your major powertrain components, your AC, fuel system, radiator, water pump and basic electrical! Give us a call sometime and we can go over your policy and answer any questions you have.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2023

My experience with CarShield was negative. Due to the information on your commercials that prompted me as a female to sign up for your service. the commercial does not state that the systems have to be failed: in order for you to pay a claim. The lovely Vivica A. Fox saying, "As a woman you really need this service." My charge was $2100 and I still have to pay you $110.12 a month. That is not saving me thousands of dollars.

CarShield response

We're sorry to hear this. Unfortunately, we show that what your shop called in was the installation of an idler pulley skim for the betterment of the vehicle. This was not a mechanical breakdown, so it was not eligible for coverage. The contract does explain this exclusion of coverage. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to give us a call.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2023

The customer representative, his name is Steven was very helpful. He was also very persuasive and he also stated that I was getting a great deal for what I was getting. Instead of canceling my policy I made the decision to keep it. Thanks again Steven for helping me.

CarShield response

Thank you for your review and we are always here to help. Please give us a call if you need anything else!

Original review: Jan. 18, 2023

I call to change a few things on my profile. The representative was very nice and patient. I have not had to submit any type of claim yet but think they would be just as helpful. Will tell friends and family about the phone call.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2023

I was assured my problems are covered under my plan. I requested pick- up and delivery of the vehicle which has been arranged for me. I have not had the above problems before and, although the car is nearly 11 years old, the mileage is still low, so it is not time yet to trade it in.

CarShield response

We appreciate your time and we are glad you took the opportunity to protect your vehicle. If you have any questions give us a call!

Original review: Jan. 18, 2023

I have only been a customer a short time. There was no hesitation assisting me with my request. My due date was changed to a date that works best for us. It was quick and painless. Would highly recommend to my friends and family.

CarShield response

Thank you for your review. Glad to see our customer service was able to help you out so quickly. Please contact us if you have any other questions.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2023

I canceled both of my contracts on 1/11/23 just 4 days after setting them up. Next thing I know they have taken out 2 payments out of my account for 1 of my vehicles. When I called Car Shield they denied taking out the payments. The payments have all of their information when they make them so the bank knows where they come from and they still have the nerve to play stupid and deny everything. I called Mepco their financial company they use. They said they have not run any payments that they must have come straight from Car Shield office. I have the email they sent me after the phone call on the 11th where I canceled everything so now I guess I will have to fight them to get my money back. I'm going to probably have to turn this over to a lawyer.

CarShield response

We're sorry that you feel this way, however, we can assure you, no additional money was taken from you after cancellation. You may be seeing the credits that went back into your account. We show that on the 2007 Ford Focus, your down payment was refunded to you on 1/12/23 at 8:21am and on your 2009 Ford F150, your down payment was refunded to you on 1/19/23 at 7:00am. If these are the dates and times you are seeing for these "charges" then they are not actually charges, but the credits back into your account. We advise calling and speaking with your bank.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2023

I needed to move my payment date this month. They were very courteous and professional and took care of my problem without any hassle. They have always treated me with respect regardless of what it is I'm needing help with.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2023

Thank you for being so thoughtful and you have to think about it. I don't know how long the parts on my car will last. So I'm definitely glad you guys will be there to help me when I need you. You are a great part of my driving needs.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2023

Keep up the great work. Customer care was above and beyond what I normally get on phone calls to other companies' customer service line. I believe your co. Must invest in employee training. Most companies lack in the area of emp. training. Keep it up.

CarShield response

We're happy to hear this. Let us know if you need anything else.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2023

The service I got was wonderful and I loved it! It was very helpful. I would recommend CarShield to everyone I know because they are good and confident and they will help you in every way necessary even as far as calling s shop for you. That really shows they care and they dare willing to help in every way possible.

CarShield response

We’re happy to help. Let us know if you need anything else.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2023

Carshield thanks for the best.. Time and opportunity to say how this is my first experience So give little time set in so that I'LL feel more comfortable and Convention known. I have most Trust with carshield. Good quality And Well known business.

CarShield response

We appreciate your support and review. If you have any questions about your policy don't hesitate to give us a call!

Original review: Jan. 17, 2023

My 2nd rep Amanda really saved me from canceling with Car Shield. I called at 8:41 am on Fri. to get my car towed to my mechanic in Rockville, MD., the rep got me a tow (TF Towing & Recovery LLC) & said they would be there in 11/2 hours. When they didn't show up after 12 pm, I called them - the first time no one answered. Then around 12:40 they answered & said they were 15mins away. They never arrived. I called Car shield back at 2:30 pm to ask about the tow comp and find out what was happening. Amanda was the rep & she understood my frustration and promised to find a tow company that would actually show up. She said that the TF said they couldn't tow my car but didn't know they had to tell you (Car Shield) nor me the client. Amanda ordered Nardo's towing & Recovery and for my inconvenience waived the $59 overage ($125) fee I would have paid. Nardo's did arrive within the time slot and towed my car.

CarShield response

We're sorry to hear that the first tow company that was dispatched was not able to show up. We are happy that our representative was able to get you the assistance you needed.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2023

The representative was very kind and helpful. I really appreciated talking with her. It’s really great when you get someone knowledgeable and kind. It truly makes the experience so much better. Thank you for the great customer service and the ease of service within the call.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2023

I am new to CarShield, had a question regarding the 20 day/500 mile or 40 day/250 service exclusion. I was told that if I do not reach 500 miles in 20 days the 40 day/250 mile automatically kicks in. We do not drive that much.

CarShield response

Thanks for the review and welcome to CarShield! Thank you for choosing us! We want to make sure you're completely satisfied with your policy, so please contact us with any questions or concerns you may have regarding your coverage.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2023

After some serious cold weather, my truck wouldn’t start. Got a jump and drove all over town. 2 days later it wouldn’t start. After three attempts it started. Drove several feet & engine stopped. Called Car Shield & explained the problem sounded like the alternator. They notified a garage for me to go to and then a tow company to get there. The emergency services associate was great. She was professional, courteous & friendly to a point that she talked to me like a part of my family to a point where I was no longer stressed or upset with my situation. Now that is what I call service.

CarShield response

We're happy to hear this. Let us know if you need anything else.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2023

Thank you for submitting my claim so quickly. I truly appreciate the understanding and patience. The company rewarded the two vehicles involved a total loss, which is a blessing, we are so grateful. Your office filled and submitted the claim so we didn't have more stress, they even called The Hampton Inn Garden Suits in mentor Ohio Reynolds Rd. property and faxed the information needed to reserve and pay for 4 days and 3 nights so we can get home safely. Thank you. We hope to enjoy our new vehicles your staff is assisting with.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2023

Requested update on claim **. Customer service gave the updaters information I requested. I was informed that they needed a copy of the paid towing bill. The invoice was emailed to them. They are still waiting for a written estimate from the transmission company.

CarShield response

We are pleased to hear our team was able to answer any questions you had. Thank you again for your time.

CarShield Company Information