4.4/5 (2393 ratings)
Call Now Toll Free

About CarShield

CarShield offers customizable vehicle service contracts that cover new and used cars against malfunctions or breakdowns. Along with these extended warranties, CarShield also provides 24/7 roadside assistance, towing and rental vehicles. Month-to-month coverage and flexible monthly payment plans are available to fit your needs.

Pros

• More plans than many competitors offer
  • Contracts available in Spanish
  • Most plans transfer when you sell
  • Covers cars with up to 300,000 miles

Cons

• Rental reimbursement isn’t standard

Bottom Line

CarShield's high points include its month-to-month and motorcycle coverage. Although CarShield's quote process isn't the best, its numerous plans and lax vehicle requirements make finding the right coverage easy.

CarShield Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CarShield?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about CarShield?

Original review: June 7, 2022

Everything is good. Had a very nice conversation with customer service. They explained everything, very well. Their competitors could not compare with the person that I communicated with at Car Shield. And the price was a key reason that I joined.

CarShield response

We're happy to hear this. Let us know if you need anything else.

Original review: June 7, 2022

I just asked a question about particular coverage - got my answer and the lady was very nice. Just wish we could get the contact info for me straight - months in with this contract and still no resolution. Why do you want more words! Looks like anything I have to say would be enough. SO the issue is getting the gift giver's name off the contract because I don't receive anything from you and it's my car and my contract! My issues. Not his.

CarShield response

We are pleased to hear our team was able to answer any questions you had. Thank you again for your time.

Original review: June 7, 2022

I have found them to be very helpful and professional, with prompt and courteous service. I called with a situation and they were able to help me out with my plan. It was a great experience! They were very nice to work with and I would recommend this company without hesitation.

CarShield response

Thank you for your review. Glad to see our customer service was able to help you out so quickly. Please contact us if you have any other questions.

Resolution response: June 7, 2022

Talk to someone higher up and he knew where I was coming from and he resolved it. Everything is good.

Original review: June 6, 2022

Cam and lifters went out in my Dodge truck. Carshield said need to tear down and send pictures. They would not cover the cam because I drove home and to the shop so I bought new one. Now will not pay for labor to put back together when they initially said to take apart so I'm stuck owing $1800 to have them finish it because they said wouldn’t cover putting cam back in. Real scam.

CarShield response

We are sorry that you feel this way. We did review your claim, and it was authorized for all of the eligible components. Unfortunately, you continued to operate the vehicle on a known mechanical breakdown, as you stated above, which caused further damage to the vehicle. Continued operation is listed very specifically as an exclusion in your contract, which is why we provide Roadside Assistance to all of our customers. You should have immediately stopped use of the vehicle and contacted us for a tow. So, we covered the initial cause of failure, however any and all damage caused due to you continuing to drive the vehicle would be your responsibility. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to give us a call.

Original review: June 6, 2022

Part needed replacing on the motor.. CarShield came thru as promised. The process was simple. Just gave them my account information and they took care of the rest. They give you a phone number to call and the garage that is working on your car takes it into their hands.

CarShield response

Original review: June 5, 2022

To the point the service by Tiffany was was rare. She knew the answers before we asked. She she got everything done in timely manner and answered all our questions. If it was something she did not know the answer she put you on hold and went and asked other supervisors on and came back to us what a answer. I think the service we received was quite excellent.

Original review: June 4, 2022

People on phone was very helpful. They were responsive and guided me to where I need to go and was very helpful on getting my car to where it needed to be by roadside assistant. They were very helpful all together very nice people. I appreciate everything they have done for me.

CarShield response

Thank you for the kind words. We are pleased to hear you found our service helpful! If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to contact us.

Original review: June 4, 2022

You decided on CarShield because of the long-term savings. I thought the plan I decided gave me the better value for my car. Customer Service was wonderful and friendly and I feel good about getting my car warranty from Carshield.

CarShield response

We appreciate your support and review. If you have any questions about your policy don't hesitate to give us a call!

Original review: June 4, 2022

The rep was very knowledgeable and professional. She was eager to help me with my situation. When I called I didn't think things would turn out to benefit me, but It did that and some more. I would recommend CarShield to all my friends and family.

CarShield response

We are pleased to hear you found our customer service team helpful! If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to contact us.

Original review: June 4, 2022

Very good. They was very helpful. They got in touch with the toll truck to take my car to Landmark to get my car fix. My engine light came on when I was on my way home. Thank you very much. I have no more to say.

CarShield response

We’re happy to help. Let us know if you need anything else.

Original review: June 4, 2022

Love having this convenience and assurance of my policy. My New/Used SUV means everything to me, it a bit older and higher milage so in my case it would be a mistake not to back up the quality of Service I feel that it and myself requires and needs.

Robb **

CarShield response

Thank you for the review and when your vehicle does encounter a repair, don't hesitate to give us a call! In the meantime, if you have any questions about your policy or what is covered and what is not, please let us know.

Original review: June 4, 2022

I want to thank CarShield as a whole as well as Rich who was my agent on a recent claim. My mechanic Junior at DFW Auto repair told me he was very impressed by his service when he spoke with him several times. Together y’all have calmed my fears and stress over my only car. Life has been tough lately and it is a joy to find folks doing the right thing and treating others with respect and care. Much love Sarah **

CarShield response

Original review: June 3, 2022

I have learned that Car Shield has a good reputation among the consumers. You have a great product that would appeal to all kinds of Americans. I am fortunate to have Car Shield to cover my 2019 Toyota Highlander. Mark Levin recommend Car Shield to his listeners.

Original review: June 2, 2022

It was very easy working with CarShield. The shop did not seem to have a hard time working with either. All went smoothly & CarShield paid the shop directly with no issues. I was thankful I have CarShield, they saved me $227 on my total cost. Every little bit helps & I will be glad to recommend to people to get CarShield. Thank you for such a smooth & pleasant experience assisting me with the cost of my vehicle repairs.

Original review: June 2, 2022

Call was not immediate call back. Your name did not come up as Car shield. Therefore when call came I did not take it. Call to pay my bill. Did say car shield. First call did not say why you called. Thereafter it did and I responded. Person was very nice.

Original review: June 2, 2022

Called to change payment date. I have not had to file a claim yet. I'm unable to comment on claims experience yet but I expect the same quality service as was given in this instance. It's good to know you value any and all experiences with Car Shield reps.

Original review: June 2, 2022

I only needed one repair for the duration of my service. Having Carshield provided the peace of mind for having a luxury suv with no warranty. I will definitely return to Carshield should I have to, everyone is so professional and helpful.

Original review: June 2, 2022

Was looking for the info needed to provide the dealership when taking it there for service. Your representative was very helpful in providing the info that I was seeking. Provided me with another copy of the Protection Plan. Represented your company as a professional.

CarShield response

We appreciate your time and we are glad you took the opportunity to protect your vehicle. If you have any questions give us a call!

Original review: June 2, 2022

The representative (Michelle) was engaging and professional throughout the conversation about my Gold Plan coverage. She explained in details how this great plan would benefit me in the long run due to the mileage on my car. She was also very attentive on all specific questions that were of my concern.

Original review: June 1, 2022

Rep was professional, informative and courteous. And she was efficient in completing my application. She promoted a great option of savings for me and was thorough in demonstrating the services available via my contract. I am happy with the decision that I made in joining Car Shield

CarShield response

Thanks for the review and welcome to CarShield! Thank you for choosing us! We want to make sure you're completely satisfied with your policy, so please contact us with any questions or concerns you may have regarding your coverage.

Original review: June 1, 2022

You company will not cover actual cost for repairs. You use an outdated labor rate guide from 2021 that is at least 3 to 5.5 hours off from the actual time needed for repairs.. received a $970.00 repair bill and your company only will pay $488.00. Will no longer use your product or recommend it to others and will be contacted the BBB about your actions and counsel regarding reimbursement of funds and any other cost incurred.

CarShield response

We are sorry that you feel this way. The claims administrators use the most accurate labor guide when authorizing claims, and if the shop is asking for more, they are overcharging. Unfortunately, the claims administrator will not pay overcharged pricing, so any difference would be your responsibility. We did look over the claim and it looks like they adjusted the labor hours because the shop forgot to include a component, so that may be what the difference was originally, however it may be fixed as of yesterday. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to give us a call.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
Original review: June 1, 2022

They don't hold up to what they promise. They say any part covered in their contract, they will pay for and all I had to pay was a $100 deductible. That was not true. My transmission was covered, a total rebuild was required costing 3,500. They only covered 1500 of it. I had to pay the rest. Ironically, the 1500 that they covered was almost the exact amount that I paid in total since I started my contract with them in 2019. Additionally, the reason why most mechanics won't work with them is because they want the mechanic to replace original parts with cheap parts from AutoZone.

When asked to speak to an adjuster to gain further clarification on their determination of what and how they instruct the mechanic to fix MY car, I was told that I cannot speak to the adjuster. I could only speak to the customer service representative who knows little to nothing about the case. I highly recommend to not do business with this company! I would give zero Stars if I could.

CarShield response

We are sorry to hear this. We did review your claim and the parts they wanted to use were not cheap parts from AutoZone, rather they were quality parts from one of the claims administrator's trusted part vendors. So, if you chose to go with the shop's overcharged part, then you would be responsible for the difference in cost, as we can only guarantee our parts for the life of the contract. We also show that the additional costs you had to pay were due to the subsequent damage to the vehicle caused when you continued to drive the vehicle with a known mechanical breakdown. Unfortunately, damage due to continued operation of a vehicle with a known mechanical breakdown is specifically excluded from our contracts and this stipulation is plainly listed in all contracts. So, we do apologize to hear about your frustration, however claims did abide by your contract. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to give us a call.

Original review: June 1, 2022

They helped me figure out where to take my car if there was emergency. That they were very helpful over the phone. It was a very fast and efficient call and had me safe minded. They are a great team of customers services

Original review: June 1, 2022

Had to have major work done and you guys pulled through like champs. Thank you. I will be sure to let my friends and family know how well Car Shield works for you and your family and friends who have new cars.

Original review: June 1, 2022

Gave excellent information followed by documentation. Customer service was informative and polite. They answered all my questions before I even asked. When my AAA account runs out I will be sure to return to carshield. Thank you for considering my 1998 Toyota T100.

Original review: June 1, 2022

It was good and at this time I can't afford it till next month. I will let you know when I am ready to restart. It's looking like next month in July 3 22. I hope that's it. I don't know what else I can do.

CarShield response

We're definitely sorry to see you go and appreciate your time to leave a review. If you ever want a start back up with us, we're just a phone call away!

Original review: May 31, 2022

I called and spoke to Michelle customer service representative and canceled my CarShield as of May 31st, 2022 at 4:45pm. She said the payment taken out May 28th. Would not be refunded. It was taken out May28, 2022. I asked Michelle to send me in my email about the cancelation as of May 31, 2022. She said she would take care of it.

CarShield response

We're definitely sorry to see you go and appreciate your time to leave a review. That is correct, our policies are pay as you go, so once you make a payment, if you cancel within that month, you will have active coverage until the end of that billing cycle, but the payment cannot be refunded. If you ever want a start back up with us, we're just a phone call away!

Original review: May 31, 2022

I was planning on taking a policy out for my daughter's car but she chose not to take the policy. I wanted to make sure my Discover card was not billed as to date. All rep were very helpful and efficient.

Original review: May 31, 2022

Customer representative was very helpful and understanding. He answered all of our questions. Car Shield is new to us so we did have a lot of questions. We have already recommended Car Shield to several of our friends and family members.

Original review: May 31, 2022

I needed to update my credit card info. Although the payment was late, the representative politely accepted my info without judgement. When I spoke to the representative, I was initially embarrassed because the payment was late; however, within a few short minutes, I felt at ease because of her complete understanding and professionalism.

CarShield Company Information