2. Auto Transporters

Dania, FL

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.00/5

National Auto Shipping Reviews

Original review: Feb. 12, 2020

Contracted them to move an ATC from ND to NY. They provided me with an estimated pickup date which came and went 6 times. Every excuse in the book. After finally trying to hold someone accountable they cancelled my order and threw me to the curb like a piece of trash without telling me. Also, I had to be on them every other day with absolutely not 1 call back from anybody, not even a supervisor! It baffles me how such a big company does not have more efficient policies in place to keep the two parties informed. Maybe this is done on purpose to keep their ratings up, because when it came time to hold someone accountable the supervisor is the highest authority and he will not give out any name or email above him. A great way to make yourself look good!

Being a business owner myself, I wish I could only be that lucky. Please stay as far away from this company as possible. Hopeful the power of the consumer will once catch up to them someday and they will be taught a good lesson on how to treat a paying customer. I wish I could go after them for the amount of money they cost me in time and aggravation on finding a replacement shipper!

Original review: Oct. 15, 2019

I was lied to repeatedly by everyone in the company. They claimed to be the shipper, they are not. They are simply an overpriced booking company. They charged me for enclosed shipping and promised enclosed shipping but my motorcycle was picked up and hauled in the back of a pick up truck. Not enclosed. They told me I had 3 days to reach my destination to meet the bike. The driver said no way, he was not informed of that and I had to rush and drive straight through and forfeit a motel reservation I made that I still had to pay for. All was a pack of lies. OK driver but TERRIBLE company. I would never recommend!!

Get buying tips about Auto Transporters delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2019

First National sent a car hauler - I have a motorcycle??? Hmmm I don't think so scooter. They promised a 3 day ship. They didn't pick it up until 3 days later. Their shipper damaged my fender (approx $800.) and they damaged my saddle bag (approx $450). Did not accept responsibility and will not pay for repairs. Do not, Do not, Do not, Do not use this shipper. I have shipped numerous vehicles and motorcycles and have never experienced such lies and thieves.

Original review: June 18, 2019

The website says: "No Hidden fees. No Up-Front Charges - ONE Flat fee! All inclusive auto shipping rates, without any charges up front until you are assigned a truck." NOT! They charged me $75 to cancel my order. There was no service, no dispatch contact, no truck assigned and NO budging on their contradictions. I DO NOT RECOMMEND!!!

Original review: Feb. 9, 2019

I Shipped my motorcycle from Daytona FL to Denver CO after a cross country ride. National Auto made it very simple and you actually get to speak with a real person right away, great service. Will be using again for my long distance rides.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about National Auto Shipping?

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

I selected this company based on a referral I received from "All My Sons Moving & Storage" since they were moving my furniture. I asked my salesperson in the moving company to see if he had any shippers he can refer me to and the only company he could recommend is National Auto Shipping. I contacted them for a quote and they were reasonable compared to other quotes I got. The best part is that this company has their own trucks and leased operators to them. I did my homework on them and 95% of reviews are good and some bad but I understand how rating goes.

I will point out the driver did had some mechanical problems before arriving to my daughter in Florida so it caused a 24 hour delay. They did kept us posted and we understood his situation and the whole trucking industry. They told us it takes 7-10 days and still the car delivered within the dates provided. My daughter informed me the car arrived safe and nothing missing from inside. I am pleased with them and the service.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

Company did not honor contract to pick up and deliver car. Terrible service and lies when calling to ask for delivery information. I signed a contract November 9, 2018 (6 weeks ahead of time) for pick up and delivery of my car from California to Indiana at a set price. I was given a three day window that the car would be picked up (12/14 to 12/17). I never heard from anyone that car was picked up so I began calling on 12/17. Here is where the lies began. "The driver's truck had mechanical issues and unable to pick up car." A few days later another driver was in Los Angeles and will be picking car up in a day or so. "This driver unable to pick up car as he was in a wreck just as he was miles away from picking up car."

They called me back only 2 times in 10 days. I called daily to try to obtain a status update. The first call back was that if I paid an additional $500, they could find a driver for my car. I asked him to do the right thing and honor his contract and that his company could pay this additional $500, which they refused. Now (12/26) I am told that "A driver is in Arizona and it will be likely he can pick up my car Friday or Saturday."

The next day, I ask for an update and there is no mention of that driver and back to no driver to pick up. I get transferred to Hana, Customer Service Supervisor. She is the rudest customer service person I have ever spoken to, and the final straw with this company. She continues the lies with, "your car is #1 on the list" to be picked up." (Which is not true after calling another shipping company.) She has zero empathy in all that we have had to deal with during the 13 days of waiting. She was actually getting angry with ME during the call! Do Not Use this Company. They do not tell the truth! They low ball their offers to get you in. The truth works better! Let me decide if I want to use the service based on FACTS during the quote process.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

I hired them to move a motorcycle from CA to GA ($200 more than a competitor) because they guaranteed pick by the weekend and delivery the next weekend. The seller was nice enough to wait all weekend for the driver, they never called or showed. In frustration I made multiple calls, and was given excuses about the truck breaking down, of course they did not bother to let me know this at the time only when I pressed them for a reason. When they finally picked up the bike they told me they had had to hire someone else to do the job and it was costing them an extra $180 (are trying to make ME feel guilty?!!). Hmm.

I ask when it will be delivered as I was going to be out of town over Thanksgiving and the following weekend, no problem they said it will be the following Monday or Tuesday. The day after Thanksgiving (Friday) I get a call from the driver who speaks minimal English and who says, "deliver tomorrow, 9 or 2" and "$650 cash". I tell him no, it is a balance of $600. He argues, repeating $650... Luckily, I have a friend who is able to meet with the driver and shows him a copy of my contract. The driver settles for $600. Amazingly, the bike is undamaged and the nightmare is over. Never again, be warned.

Original review: April 9, 2018

I wish I had read the reviews before I booked my transport. Representative was great until I booked, then nothing but attitude and problems after. Finally got motorcycle almost 2 weeks late, and damaged. Driver spoke no English and when I asked where to list damage on drop off receipt he couldn’t understand what i was saying. Driver was too old to move bike by himself and it almost fell out of the back of the truck. Of course customer service isn’t responding. Worst experience I’ve had in a long time.

Original review: March 9, 2018

Shipping a car is nerve-racking. There are so many companies and most are brokers. This will always be the case unless the shipping company has their own personal fleet of car haulers. What you are trying to find is a company who has drivers ready on a route to pick your car up. Before I contacted Manny I had put in several quotes for over 4 days and received no offers for pickup. Manny sent me an email stating he had a driver that could pick up the car in the next day or two. I called and he sent over the contract and I paid a deposit. Then when the driver delivers the car I would pay him 400/cash. The next day Carolyn called from NAS to update me and gave me the driver's name (Ronald) and his number. I also gave this number to the car salesman. She told me he would pick up the car on the 6th or 7th. Fortunately for me Ronald picked up my car on the 7th. This is two days after I signed my contract and went exactly with what Manny told me.

Ronald called me this morning to let me know he would be delivering my car this afternoon. So basically I signed the contract for my car to be shipped Monday night and it's being delivered from Texas to Alabama in 2 days from pickup. I know other people have had different experiences with NAS but I wanted to give a positive experience.

National Auto Shipping Company Information