2. Auto Transporters

1.8/5 (31 ratings)

About National Auto Shipping

Find Auto Transporters partners near you

National Auto Shipping Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about National Auto Shipping?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about National Auto Shipping?

Original review: Feb. 25, 2021

With over 20 years of experience shipping cars and motorcycles, National Auto Shipping is by far the worst experience I have had with transporting vehicles. They are extremely unprofessional with not returning calls, lying about delivery dates, and they are arrogant and rude when you attempt to solve an issue with them. Use anyone else for your shipping needs. I have a car to ship next week and it will not be booked with National Auto Shipping.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2020

I contracted National Auto Shipping (NAS) on 21 December 2020. I went with them over several less expensive companies mainly because they assured me my vehicle would be picked up by 29 December. I completely understood the delay due to the holidays. After I filled out their form and it was returned to me, I noticed the “estimated pickup date” was 29 December. I spoke to them about it and they said that was normal.

Today is 30 December. After two days of emails with no answer I called them. They are saying the earliest it will ship is “maybe” early next week. When I mentioned cancellation they threatened me with a $100 cancellation fee. I am about to file a lawsuit against them. I spoke to my attorney today. I would like it to be a class action lawsuit. If you have had this same issue, please contact me so we can file together. What these people are doing is dishonest and WILL BE STOPPED. We can stop them and recoup our funds together. STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY!

Get buying tips about Auto Transporters delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 13, 2020

I contracted National Auto Shipping to pick and deliver a motorcycle. The pick-up date was for the 11th of July. I contacted the dispatch on 3 separate dates prior to the scheduled pick-up date to ensure that it would be picked up on the 11th. Each time I called I was assured that it would be picked up. I explained that this was the only day that would work since the no-one lived at that residence and they would have to drive 3 hrs to meet the driver on that day.

The 11th came and went without any contact from either the driver or the dispatch to let me know of the the status of pick-up. I called on Saturday and Sunday and left voicemails on both the customer service and dispatch extensions. On Monday july 13th, I called and cancelled the pickup. I was told there was a cancellation fee since I was cancelling the pick-up. I asked why would there be a cancellation fee if there were no services rendered. I was told it I signed the agreement understanding that if I cancelled I would be charged a cancellation fee. AS someone who works in customer service for many years, if you are unable to render a service and you have charged a fee, you would return the complete fee since you didn't complete the agreement. I will say that they were respectful and articulate..but their customer service follow-through is very lacking.

Original review: July 3, 2020

They didn't show up to pick up my vehicle by the date they PROMISED. Now after they don't show, I am having to file a claim with my credit card co because they are trying to charge a cancellation fee!

Original review: July 1, 2020

Paid $700 to have a motorcycle shipped on an enclosed trailer from dealer to my home. Bike arrived on the back of a pickup truck dirty and completely exposed. Called 3 times trying to work out a partial refund with their supervisor, who insulted me with an offer of $25 to have my bike washed.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2020

Contracted them to move an ATC from ND to NY. They provided me with an estimated pickup date which came and went 6 times. Every excuse in the book. After finally trying to hold someone accountable they cancelled my order and threw me to the curb like a piece of trash without telling me. Also, I had to be on them every other day with absolutely not 1 call back from anybody, not even a supervisor! It baffles me how such a big company does not have more efficient policies in place to keep the two parties informed. Maybe this is done on purpose to keep their ratings up, because when it came time to hold someone accountable the supervisor is the highest authority and he will not give out any name or email above him. A great way to make yourself look good!

Being a business owner myself, I wish I could only be that lucky. Please stay as far away from this company as possible. Hopeful the power of the consumer will once catch up to them someday and they will be taught a good lesson on how to treat a paying customer. I wish I could go after them for the amount of money they cost me in time and aggravation on finding a replacement shipper!

Original review: Oct. 15, 2019

I was lied to repeatedly by everyone in the company. They claimed to be the shipper, they are not. They are simply an overpriced booking company. They charged me for enclosed shipping and promised enclosed shipping but my motorcycle was picked up and hauled in the back of a pick up truck. Not enclosed. They told me I had 3 days to reach my destination to meet the bike. The driver said no way, he was not informed of that and I had to rush and drive straight through and forfeit a motel reservation I made that I still had to pay for. All was a pack of lies. OK driver but TERRIBLE company. I would never recommend!!

Original review: Sept. 19, 2019

First National sent a car hauler - I have a motorcycle??? Hmmm I don't think so scooter. They promised a 3 day ship. They didn't pick it up until 3 days later. Their shipper damaged my fender (approx $800.) and they damaged my saddle bag (approx $450). Did not accept responsibility and will not pay for repairs. Do not, Do not, Do not, Do not use this shipper. I have shipped numerous vehicles and motorcycles and have never experienced such lies and thieves.

Original review: June 18, 2019

The website says: "No Hidden fees. No Up-Front Charges - ONE Flat fee! All inclusive auto shipping rates, without any charges up front until you are assigned a truck." NOT! They charged me $75 to cancel my order. There was no service, no dispatch contact, no truck assigned and NO budging on their contradictions. I DO NOT RECOMMEND!!!

Original review: Feb. 9, 2019

I Shipped my motorcycle from Daytona FL to Denver CO after a cross country ride. National Auto made it very simple and you actually get to speak with a real person right away, great service. Will be using again for my long distance rides.

Quick and easy