2. Auto Transporters

Dania, FL

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.90/5

National Auto Shipping Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about National Auto Shipping?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about National Auto Shipping?

Original review: July 13, 2020

I contracted National Auto Shipping to pick and deliver a motorcycle. The pick-up date was for the 11th of July. I contacted the dispatch on 3 separate dates prior to the scheduled pick-up date to ensure that it would be picked up on the 11th. Each time I called I was assured that it would be picked up. I explained that this was the only day that would work since the no-one lived at that residence and they would have to drive 3 hrs to meet the driver on that day.

The 11th came and went without any contact from either the driver or the dispatch to let me know of the the status of pick-up. I called on Saturday and Sunday and left voicemails on both the customer service and dispatch extensions. On Monday july 13th, I called and cancelled the pickup. I was told there was a cancellation fee since I was cancelling the pick-up. I asked why would there be a cancellation fee if there were no services rendered. I was told it I signed the agreement understanding that if I cancelled I would be charged a cancellation fee. AS someone who works in customer service for many years, if you are unable to render a service and you have charged a fee, you would return the complete fee since you didn't complete the agreement. I will say that they were respectful and articulate..but their customer service follow-through is very lacking.

Original review: July 3, 2020

They didn't show up to pick up my vehicle by the date they PROMISED. Now after they don't show, I am having to file a claim with my credit card co because they are trying to charge a cancellation fee!

Get buying tips about Auto Transporters delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 1, 2020

Paid $700 to have a motorcycle shipped on an enclosed trailer from dealer to my home. Bike arrived on the back of a pickup truck dirty and completely exposed. Called 3 times trying to work out a partial refund with their supervisor, who insulted me with an offer of $25 to have my bike washed.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2020

Contracted them to move an ATC from ND to NY. They provided me with an estimated pickup date which came and went 6 times. Every excuse in the book. After finally trying to hold someone accountable they cancelled my order and threw me to the curb like a piece of trash without telling me. Also, I had to be on them every other day with absolutely not 1 call back from anybody, not even a supervisor! It baffles me how such a big company does not have more efficient policies in place to keep the two parties informed. Maybe this is done on purpose to keep their ratings up, because when it came time to hold someone accountable the supervisor is the highest authority and he will not give out any name or email above him. A great way to make yourself look good!

Being a business owner myself, I wish I could only be that lucky. Please stay as far away from this company as possible. Hopeful the power of the consumer will once catch up to them someday and they will be taught a good lesson on how to treat a paying customer. I wish I could go after them for the amount of money they cost me in time and aggravation on finding a replacement shipper!

Original review: Oct. 15, 2019

I was lied to repeatedly by everyone in the company. They claimed to be the shipper, they are not. They are simply an overpriced booking company. They charged me for enclosed shipping and promised enclosed shipping but my motorcycle was picked up and hauled in the back of a pick up truck. Not enclosed. They told me I had 3 days to reach my destination to meet the bike. The driver said no way, he was not informed of that and I had to rush and drive straight through and forfeit a motel reservation I made that I still had to pay for. All was a pack of lies. OK driver but TERRIBLE company. I would never recommend!!

Original review: Sept. 19, 2019

First National sent a car hauler - I have a motorcycle??? Hmmm I don't think so scooter. They promised a 3 day ship. They didn't pick it up until 3 days later. Their shipper damaged my fender (approx $800.) and they damaged my saddle bag (approx $450). Did not accept responsibility and will not pay for repairs. Do not, Do not, Do not, Do not use this shipper. I have shipped numerous vehicles and motorcycles and have never experienced such lies and thieves.

Original review: June 18, 2019

The website says: "No Hidden fees. No Up-Front Charges - ONE Flat fee! All inclusive auto shipping rates, without any charges up front until you are assigned a truck." NOT! They charged me $75 to cancel my order. There was no service, no dispatch contact, no truck assigned and NO budging on their contradictions. I DO NOT RECOMMEND!!!

Original review: Feb. 9, 2019

I Shipped my motorcycle from Daytona FL to Denver CO after a cross country ride. National Auto made it very simple and you actually get to speak with a real person right away, great service. Will be using again for my long distance rides.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

I selected this company based on a referral I received from "All My Sons Moving & Storage" since they were moving my furniture. I asked my salesperson in the moving company to see if he had any shippers he can refer me to and the only company he could recommend is National Auto Shipping. I contacted them for a quote and they were reasonable compared to other quotes I got. The best part is that this company has their own trucks and leased operators to them. I did my homework on them and 95% of reviews are good and some bad but I understand how rating goes.

I will point out the driver did had some mechanical problems before arriving to my daughter in Florida so it caused a 24 hour delay. They did kept us posted and we understood his situation and the whole trucking industry. They told us it takes 7-10 days and still the car delivered within the dates provided. My daughter informed me the car arrived safe and nothing missing from inside. I am pleased with them and the service.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

Company did not honor contract to pick up and deliver car. Terrible service and lies when calling to ask for delivery information. I signed a contract November 9, 2018 (6 weeks ahead of time) for pick up and delivery of my car from California to Indiana at a set price. I was given a three day window that the car would be picked up (12/14 to 12/17). I never heard from anyone that car was picked up so I began calling on 12/17. Here is where the lies began. "The driver's truck had mechanical issues and unable to pick up car." A few days later another driver was in Los Angeles and will be picking car up in a day or so. "This driver unable to pick up car as he was in a wreck just as he was miles away from picking up car."

They called me back only 2 times in 10 days. I called daily to try to obtain a status update. The first call back was that if I paid an additional $500, they could find a driver for my car. I asked him to do the right thing and honor his contract and that his company could pay this additional $500, which they refused. Now (12/26) I am told that "A driver is in Arizona and it will be likely he can pick up my car Friday or Saturday."

The next day, I ask for an update and there is no mention of that driver and back to no driver to pick up. I get transferred to Hana, Customer Service Supervisor. She is the rudest customer service person I have ever spoken to, and the final straw with this company. She continues the lies with, "your car is #1 on the list" to be picked up." (Which is not true after calling another shipping company.) She has zero empathy in all that we have had to deal with during the 13 days of waiting. She was actually getting angry with ME during the call! Do Not Use this Company. They do not tell the truth! They low ball their offers to get you in. The truth works better! Let me decide if I want to use the service based on FACTS during the quote process.

National Auto Shipping Company Information