Find the Best Assisted Living in Providence, RI
Top 8 Providence Assisted Living Facilities
|Brookdale Senior Living||Read 72 Reviews|
Senior living facility with options including memory care, assisted living, skilled nursing and more. Home health services are also available. Monthly fees for rental or life care at continuing care retirement communities.
|Anchor Bay at Pocasset||Read Author Review|
Offers assisted living, independent living and respite care at its facility in Johnston. Provides housekeeping, medication management, laundry, daily meals, local transportation and assistance with daily living activities.
|Capitol Ridge at Providence||Read Author Review|
Offers assisted living and memory care at its Providence facility. Provides on-site activities including fitness classes, game events, book discussions, gardening sessions and art workshops.
|Smithfield Woods||Read Author Review|
Offers pet-friendly assisted living and memory care at its facility in Smithfield. Provides trash and laundry services, on-site physical therapy, a calendar of events and an on-site fitness center.
|The Bridge at Cherry Hill||Read Author Review|
Offers assisted living at its facility in Johnston. Provides housekeeping, laundry service, local transportation, educational programs, daily meals, exercise programs and a calendar of events.
|The Highlands on the East Side||Read Author Review|
Offers assisted living and memory care services at its facility in Providence. Provides local transportation, exercise classes, art programs and on-site events. Requires no long-term commitment.
|The Village at Waterman Lake||Read Author Review|
Offers assisted living, memory care, independent living and skilled nursing at its facility in Greenville. Provides local excursions such as shopping trips, theater trips and boat rides.
|Tockwotton on the Waterfront||Read Author Review|
Offers assisted living, memory care, skilled nursing and short-term rehabilitation at its facility in East Providence. Provides a calendar of activities including local excursions, baking classes and musical entertainment.
Benefits of assisted living in Providence
Assisted living communities in Rhode Island’s capital offer housing, meals and personal assistance with activities of daily living, such as grooming, bathing, getting dressed, going to the bathroom and taking medication. They have 24-hour care staff, provide transportation to local appointments, do housekeeping and laundry and schedule social activities for residents.
Other benefits of choosing Providence as a place for assisted living include:
- Rhode Island’s requirements for facilities: Rhode Island’s Center for Health Facilities Regulation licenses assisted living facilities in the state. You can verify a license and look up disciplinary actions on the Rhode Island Department of Health website.
- Providence’s health care: The Miriam Hospital in Providence is ranked the top hospital in Rhode Island and is high-performing in geriatrics, according to U.S. News & World Report.
- Providence’s transit system: The Rhode Island Public Transit Authority (RIPTA) offers half-priced fares to older adults during nonpeak hours. Each bus has a wheelchair lift or ramp. RIPTA also has a door-to-door paratransit program for people with disabilities who can’t ride fixed-route buses; advance reservations are required. Most assisted living facilities in Providence provide local transportation, but RIPTA gives some residents a backup option.
- Providence’s weather: Providence has all four seasons, with temperatures that range from the 20s in the winter to the 80s in the summer. Annual precipitation is from 42 to 46 inches. Providence gets from 25 to 30 inches of snow per year.
How much does assisted living cost in Providence?
The cost of assisted living in Providence ranges from $3,900 to $5,200 per month. The main factors that affect the cost of assisted living are the level of care, the type of living space you choose and the amenities on-site.
Before choosing an assisted living community in Providence, carefully review the resident agreement to learn about all financial terms, including fees, deposits and whether rates can increase.
Providence assisted living FAQ
- Are assisted living facilities regulated in Rhode Island?
- Yes, all assisted living facilities in Rhode Island must be licensed by the Center for Health Facilities Regulation division of the Department of Health. Facilities must hold an additional license to store and administer medication.
- What services are offered in assisted living facilities in Providence?
- Services at assisted living facilities in Providence include housing, meals, assistance with activities of daily living, medication management, housekeeping, laundry, social and recreational activities, transportation, supervision and 24-hour on-site security and staff availability.
- What organizations support and protect older adults in Providence?
- A number of organizations support older adults in Providence:
- The Roman Catholic Diocese of Providence offers services to older adults, including information and referrals, friendly visits and health insurance counseling.
- United Way of Rhode Island supports the Point, a free healthy aging hotline that provides information about food and utility bill assistance, long-term care and Medicare enrollment.
- The Rhode Island Office of Healthy Aging connects adults over 55 and adults with disabilities to resources and information to help them live healthy and happy lives. It can assist with housing, food, long-term care and transportation.
Thank you, you have successfully subscribed to our newsletter!
Providence assisted living company information
Capitol Ridge at Providence provides assisted living, memory care and respite care. The staff, available 24 hours a day, helps with daily living tasks, medication management and transportation. Studio and one-bedroom apartments are available. Activities for residents include games, gardening, exercise classes, book clubs and outings. Chefs prepare daily meals right in front of residents and accommodate dietary restrictions. Capitol Ridge at Providence’s parent company, Benchmark Senior Living, also operates an assisted living facility in Warwick.
- Located in: Providence
- Address: 700 Smith St., Providence, RI 02908
- Phone: (401) 237-4363
- Website: benchmarkseniorliving.com
The Highlands on the East Side is an assisted living and memory care community. The 24/7 staff assists with daily activities, medication, dietary planning and care coordination. A variety of floor plans are available. The facility features chef-prepared meals, a cafe for snacks, a beauty salon and barbershop, game rooms, and lounge areas. The Miriam Hospital is close by. Call, email or fill out a form online to schedule a personal tour.
- Located in: Providence
- Address: 101 Highland Ave., Providence, RI 02906
- Phone: (401) 654-5259
- Website: highlandsri.com
Tockwotton on the Waterfront provides assisted living, memory care, short-term rehab and skilled nursing. Residents live in studio and one-bedroom apartments with kitchenettes and full bathrooms. Assisted living monthly rent includes three meals per day, all utilities, weekly housekeeping, 24-hour security, Wi-Fi and laundry room use. Personal care is available at an extra charge. Amenities include a pub, cafe, country store, salon, library, theater room, fitness center and walking paths. Contact Tockwotton on the Waterfront for a tour of the facility.
- Located in: East Providence
- Address: 500 Waterfront Drive, East Providence, RI 02914
- Phone: (401) 272-5280
- Website: tockwotton.org
Anchor Bay at Pocasset offers assisted and independent living. Residents get customized care based on their needs, including assistance with daily living activities. The community has multiple floor plans, three daily meals, scheduled transportation, an on-site salon and barbershop, and 24-hour support. The parent company, Elegance Living, also operates facilities in East Providence and East Greenwich.
- Located in: Johnston
- Address: 12 Old Pocasset Lane, Johnston, RI 02919
- Phone: (401) 648-7947
- Website: elegance-living.com/senior-living/ri/johnston/anchor-bay-pocasset
The Village at Waterman Lake offers assisted living, memory care, independent living and skilled nursing on its 33-acre, wooded campus. Assisted living includes personal support services, medication monitoring and administration, wellness programs and homemade meals. Residents go on organized outings, play bingo and take in musical performances. Fill out an online form or call for more information.
- Located in: Greenville
- Address: 715 Putnam Pike, Greenville, RI 02828
- Phone: (401) 949-1333
- Website: villageretirement.com
The Bridge at Cherry Hill offers assisted living, with private apartments, three home-cooked meals daily, housekeeping and laundry services, transportation and a 24-hour emergency response system. Studio, one-bedroom and two-bedroom apartments are available. There are no buy-in fees, and residents can lease month-to-month. Contact the community to schedule a personalized tour.
- Located in: Johnston
- Address: 1 Cherry Road, Johnston, RI 02919
- Phone: (401) 233-2880
- Website: centurypa.com/senior-living/bridge-cherry-hill
Smithfield Woods offers assisted living and memory care. Apartment features include cable, walk-in closet, hardwood-style floors and private patio. Smithfield Woods has a fitness center, walking trails, a pub, a game room, a hair salon, a movie theater and a chapel, and it’s pet-friendly. Residents enjoy three chef-prepared meals daily and transportation services. Call to schedule a visit and complimentary lunch. Meridian Senior Living, the parent company, also operates an assisted living facility in Cumberland.
- Located in: Smithfield
- Address: 171 Pleasant View Ave., Smithfield, RI 02917
- Phone: (401) 404-8282
- Website: meridiansenior.com/senior-living/ri/smithfield/smithfield-woods
You’re signed up
We’ll start sending you the news you need delivered straight to you. We value your privacy. Unsubscribe easily.