1.13/5

Need a utility company?

Need a utility company?

192 Ferrellgas Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 3, 2019

It seems to be my experience from having Ferrellgas that they way overcharge for set up. We also had to dig and bury the lines and basically do all the hard work. The man that came to service us was very rude. We were not told that we had to dig our own ditch we were just expected to know that and chewed out for it when he came and it wasn't done. They also expected us to put a piece on all of our an unmanned appliances. Come to find out this piece has not been used since the 70s. They would not help exchange our stove over to propane instead of natural gas.

When we moved out of our campers and into our house they want to charge us another $500 to move the tank again. So we told them to come get their tank. We had 10% of gas left over and they would not give us our money for that. They said they would have to charge us a fee to have it pumped out of the tank and that would be the same amount as our 10% in gas. In my mind they stole the 10% of gas from us. We found another Gas Company that did not charge us for setup. They also exchanged our pieces in our stove to make it propane instead of natural gas.

Original review: June 1, 2019

Joni ** in Auburn is horrible to deal with. I was offered a job 10 days ago. Did the background check and the drug test. I had no worries about either. I have never done drugs or been in trouble. Told me they both took 9 days tot as l lie. She was horrible with keeping in contact. I found a different job. Thank goodness.

Get expert buying tips about Utility Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 24, 2019

Wanna endanger your whole family or go weeks without hot water and heat in your home? Ferrellgas is here for you! They came out after two weeks to fill my tanks (took way too long). When the guy got here he did a leak test on our system since we had run out waiting for them. He says our earthquake valve is suddenly broken, stuck closed and we can’t get propane in our house. After calling multiple times and never being called back the manager says he will come out himself and just take the thing off. When he does come out he says it can’t be taken off with a subcontractor coming out. We have now been without propane for a week.

When speaking to the manager about how upset I am at their total lack of customer service and how is is obviously lying to me 'cause he has changed his story, I say I wanna cancel my service with them. He hangs up on me!! Oh and another gas company comes out the next day ('cause they respond in 24 hours) and say the thing was never broken in the first place. It was leaking out the bottom of it though, they take it off, reconnect the pipes and now I have propane!! Thank you American Distributing for saving me!!

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

We've been with them for over six years, but have had way too many problems when we moved from Kansas to Nebraska at end of 2015. Multiple times making a simple order have been messed up and I'm so done with them!!! We get limited funding through the state and have little extra right now to offer. But yet again they want to take $75 for a leak test that doesn't even take 5 minutes to complete. They also won't do a partial order, but we can't wait several weeks for the state to simply decide to give us more funding and then several weeks beyond that to provide the actual payment for the propane!!! Shame on them, if it was natural gas they'd be forced to continue to provide through winter months so crap like this doesn't happen!!!

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

The first time I used Ferrell was to refill my fireplace tank behind my house. They were supposed to arrive during the day but ended up showing up at 9 pm in the pitch dark. The driver left a rut in the neighbor's yard and complained about the size of my tank before leaving. I figured it was a one-time thing. I later scheduled an appointment for a gas line inspection. They gave me a window of 8am-10am. First off, they never sent me an appointment notification or anything, it was just a verbal confirmation over the phone. I call in the morning to confirm that the inspector is coming. They say he'll be there by 10. I wait. I wait some more. I call in and they tell me the inspector won't be able to make it and that they had a note in their CRM to reschedule my appointment, but never did. I asked them to send me possible dates to my email. Still haven't heard from them. I'm incredibly upset with their poor communication and service.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ferrellgas?

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

We've been Ferrellgas customers for 12+ years now. When it counts, in the winter months, Ferrellgas never shows up sooner than their projected "end date". On one occasion when our propane wasn't delivered at all, they tried to charge us the $200 emergency delivery fee. Currently, we've been out of propane for 3 days now. We ordered on 1/31/19 & were given a promised delivery no later than 2/11/19. We called 3x on 2/8/19 for a status and were told multiple times we WOULD see them that day. We never did. Now it is our promised date, 2/11/19, and they won't deliver because of the snow. We rely on propane for heat, hot water & our stove, so we've had none of those things for 3 days now, and we have small children.

This is a common occurrence. We have no recourse and are forced to sit and wait with no delivery date. Customer service agents are rude, impatient and not helpful. I'm constantly told I need to try to understand... as I sit here 11 days after I called for a fill without propane for 3 days now with kids and no hot water or heat. Yes, I should learn to be more understanding. This is not a company that we feel has ever gone the extra mile for their customers & doesn't fulfill their promises. If you have a choice, DO NOT choose this company! Save yourself the work and worry.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

I have only used Ferrellgas twice now. I called on January 8th and paid them in full to come fill up my tank as I was down to only 50 gallons. They told me they would be out. A few days later called back as no one had shown up - they say they be there sometime between January 8th and January 22nd. On January 15th, my gas ran out. I called again. The only thing they would say is they will try to get there before the 22nd. So another 7 days without heat. They sure didn't mind taking my money on the 8th.

On the 22nd I called to ensure they would be there. NOPE. They couldn't fit me into their logistics schedule. Guess too many people were paying that $150 or $200 fee for waiting until the last minute to fill their tank. So the regular customers who paid on time and before they ran out of gas didn't matter. It is all about the money to them. They could care less about their customers. They did finally deliver my gas today, it only took them SIXTEEN (yes, 16 days to get to my house). Last time I will be using this gas company. They are horrible.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

Updated on 05/07/2019: This is the second time in less than a year that Ferrellgas has left us with no propane - the first time was in the middle of winter. We are on autofill and have been a customer for 20 years. It took two days for them to come and fill in the middle of winter after leaving us empty and now it has happened again! The employee at the office in Santa Fe does not seem to care and did nothing to keep our business. We are moving to another company.

Original Review: We have had an auto-fill account for years - this year in one of the coldest winters, they did not come to fill our tank from September up until now in January. We never expected they would leave us without gas in the middle of the winter which we use for heating, cooking, hot water. Their customer service is awful and we are now being held hostage not knowing when they are coming and if the driver will remember to come in and re-light the pilots. My husband is very ill and so this is truly critical to his health. They were rude and do not seem to care.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

Ferrellgas propane has put pride and money in front of customer service! They had no issue whatsoever turning off our propane tank that they had just filled and red tagging it so we could not touch it until at their convenience they got out here to fix it! And I would not be so upset over this except for the fact that we have two kids in the dead of winter that we're trying to keep warm, hence the point of us getting propane!

After calling the company and demanding a credit towards our account since we had to put more money into small tanks since they refused to get out here until almost a week later to get the Big tank going...they are still refusing to do a credit towards our account! I have never been so upset with a company on how they handled our situation, and how much they truly do not care about their customers if it affects their bottom line!! I do have to give a positive shout out to the driver and the inspector that I dealt with directly, they were awesome! But the regional manager really screwed up with a brand new customer!

Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

If ** your customers is what you consider great service then I suppose Ferrellgas would be doing well. We ran out of propane last week and had to call for an emergency fill. We were told it was a $100 fee plus the cost of the fuel and their ridiculous surcharges. The price per gallon was 20 cents more than their competitor. But what choice did we have? It is a Ferrellgas tank. We were totally at their mercy and they took advantage of us. Their competitor does not charge a ridiculous fee for emergencies and there are no fuel surcharges. Congratulations to Ferrellgas for losing another customer. No wonder nobody in our neighborhood uses their services. We're switching to KC Propane out of Riverside, CA. When we explained what happened to us they balked at what we had told them and explained that they would never take advantage of their customers in that way.

Ferrellgas Company Information