3.8/5 (490 ratings)

About Ferrellgas

Ferrellgas Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ferrellgas?

Original review: Feb. 2, 2023

Took 7 months to get my money back the heap funds of $1000.00 is gone the $65.00 a year lease fee GONE. I ordered propane on 1/16/23 got nothing it is 2/2/23. I asked where my fillup is I got a nasty woman Sara and a man Jeff from Elk Grove California tell me, "I’m terminated!" Why because I caught you stealing my money and federal funds? They said they are coming to take the tank. I said, "Over my dead body that trucker better have a check with the heap money my prepaid money and the lease amount of $65.00 and the money at $5.00 a gallon for what’s left over in the tank!" By the way federal money bought the propane in the tank! I hope Ferrellgas gets bombarded with criminal charges and huge billion dollar lawsuits. I’m in on all of them!! I’m disabled, a senior how dare Ferrellgas employees black ball me for catching them stealing and abusing me for catching them!!

I will prosecute this to my grave to stomp Ferrellgas out a 7.9 billion dollar profiting scourge on America like ATT and pge. These companies must be destroyed for their criminal unethical practices harming people during the coldest months of the year. I’ll have to arrest the truck driver if he doesn’t have my money in hand. They will not step foot on my ranch without compensation to the penny. Ferrellgas sent a backpedaling letter that is 109% lies to cover their scourge spineless arises. No number or name to contact but they sent the letter Fedex overnight not my money they stole they sent that to every dead card and bank account on earth. Funny this horrrid company can send a lie letter overnight but not my money or federal funds they embezzled from me. See you in court James E Ferrell. Bring cold cash ** cold cash.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2023

I switched to Ferrellgas & set up an account in November 2022. I put my emergency order in for $1500 January 20 once I got the money together. It's January 31, I ran out of propane January 23, & they won't list me as an emergency case, so no propane yet. Meanwhile I am living offgrid in a 35⁰ home with few heat options. I believe that I must evacuate to a hotel, as I am becoming ill & fear I am catching pneumonia. I will be sending Ferrellgas my hotel bill!

Get buying tips about Utility Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2023

On December 20th, 2022, while considering my options for the pending cold snap, I called Ferrellgas to inquire about 100 gallons of gas and the delivery window. I found I could afford it and the window I was given ended December 28th which made it a reasonable option and I decided to go this way. I put my money in the bank and called them back and ordered my gas. I was never given a confirmation so I called back to confirm and was again told my delivery window ended December 28th. This information in fact is still listed as my delivery date on the website.

I called back to inquire after the 28th if there was any idea when my gas was coming and if there was anything I needed to do safety-wise with my pilot lights if my gas ran completely out because they did not deliver by the weekend. I was told by a customer service agent that I was stupid for not ordering earlier. Let me be clear that 16% of my 300 gallon tank would have lasted me at least two months had I not decided to use my central heat because of the information I was given by Ferrellgas to heat my home during the cold snap. I would still have hot water and use of my stove and oven today.

Yesterday the website said my order was out for delivery and was due to be delivered at 12:42 p.m. At 3:00 I called back to ask about this because it had not shown up and I was assured it was definitely on the truck and coming “today” (Jan 3). Today January 4th, 2023 the website no longer says out for delivery. I was told by a customer service agent that my gas was never out for delivery. However I have a picture of the web page that says it was as well as a recorded phone call with the agent I spoke to on the evening of January 3rd when it was supposedly out for delivery. The agent I spoke with today, January 4th 2023, told me she would forward this information to the delivery people and that they would call me back. I am not going to hold my breath on that.

I would however like to know what happened to my gas that was supposedly loaded on a truck. Again, let me be clear I had several other options to heat my home during the Cold Snap and had I been informed more correctly. I would have chosen a different way and would still have use of hot water and my stove today and for many weeks to come. If at any point in the process the delivery date was amended to reflect a delay, there were things I could have done differently - even at that point - to attempt to make it last longer. Furthermore, I did allow for the estimate to be a few days short - but not over a week.

I am suspicious at this point that there is no process in reaching the estimate. While most of the customer service agents have been very polite I'm very convinced at this point that I am just being being given a polite running around. I also know that there are a lot of people in this situation who are far less able to handle it than I am and this could be life or death for them. This is ridiculous. Based on reviews, etc. That I am seeing all over the internet, this is common practice for this company.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2022

I’ve had Ferrelgas for years and am on an automatic filling schedule where they know when I need gas and bring it. I’ve come to take it for granted. This year, between Russia, the economy, the supply chain, and the severe weather events, it’s time to write a review to say thank you for the reliability and service that let me take you for granted.

Today, in the midst of the rain and wind, the ferrel gas truck made it up my driveway to fill my tank. Super nice (wet) driver somehow managed to safely back up around leftover Xmas visitor cars, and almost slipped away unnoticed but for an alert grandchild looking out the window. I wish I knew your name so I could personalize this. I can only imagine how cold we would be right now without you.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2022

For 3 years in a row Ferrellgas has not delivered our propane per when they state they will be there. We call per their guidelines when our tank is at 30% and get "added to the list." We are told they will deliver "when they are able." It takes them 3-4 weeks before they ever come out to deliver. When we call their customer service number they basically tell us "too bad, we will be there when we are there." We inform them we have 5 children and one is an infant, and again they are like "oh well." We have to use space heaters to keep our house warm, and the temp has gotten as low as 31 degrees in the house, which causes another huge issue, pipes freezing. We do what their guidelines state, and they take our money, but do not deliver for weeks on end and provide poor customer service. Do not use Ferrellgas!!!

Original review: Dec. 6, 2022

This company is a complete and utter disappointment. They let us run out of propane 3 times. The first I'll give them, the second I had set up the 'keep full' after the first run out and when I called back they just went 'whoops' and said for some reason it didn't get set up but they 'promised' it was fixed this time. That was back in January 2022. Fast forward to December and I'm out of propane again and I'm peppering them with calls asking when they are going to be out to fill since it is clearly their fault I'm out again, 'oh, a week'. Then call Monday and they say they will be out, ask for a call when they are heading out so I know that this is happening.

No call, but when I do a follow-up call get notified there was a 'problem with my tank'. Ask for more info, no forthcoming. At this point, I'm just done. I call Bob Baze Propane at 817-790-2146 who came out same day and discovered that Ferrellgas leak tagged my tank and just left. They leak-checked my tank- there was NO LEAK! Bob's then replaced the old as Moses pressure gauge and filled my tank same day and I immediately set up services. I then called Ferrellgas to cancel services and they tried to tell me my BURIED tank was RENTED and they were going to come DIG it up. Needless to say, we came to an understanding that this was not going to be happening since I freaking own my buried tank that I don't pay rent on. Thanks, Bob Baze, Ya'll are amazing. Ferrellgas, you Suck!!!

Original review: Nov. 30, 2022

Ferrellgas is refusing to fill an 80 year old's propane tank, no notice. A truck driver made a recommendation and they are refusing service. The county clerk of courts has sent road crew out, inspected what the driver said was unsafe and the road crew manager deemed that is false. They are still refusing her service. This will become a legal battle if necessary, Ferrell Gas gave her no written notice before they discontinued service, we have it in writing that the road is safe. This company is deserting an 80 year old at the end of November. This company is a disgusting piss poor excuse of a company.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2022

We moved into our new house and decided to use Ferrellgas like the old homeowners. That was a big mistake, we had Parker before and loved their customer service. Ferrell required immediate payment before delivery (Parker did not) and at the end of season they wanted us to pay rent on tank because we didn't burn enough gas (Parker does not do this). So we decided to go back to Parker and we having been waiting for 5 weeks for them to pick their tank up. My advice to you is...no to Ferrell gas and their horrible customer service.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2022

We newly opened an account with Ferrel Gas. We are new to Having propane appliances and have been very open to asking questions. When we first got the Propane tank delivered it was unusually light. I was prompted ask why the tank was so light and if it was "full". I was told, "Yep, it's a full tank, we filled it when we set up your system." I asked when a tank this size would need a refill. We were told 6 months to a year.

It's been literally 2 months and the gas ran out. It's the middle of winter and cold. Getting into 20s at nite and have a 2-year-old. Called yesterday and explained the situation and were told "No worries, we'll get you on the next day delivery, it's 150$ surcharge." We paid because oh well stuff happens. We were told that they would call and that it would be here "next day." 3:00 pm rolls around and we still haven't had the call we were told to expect. A call the day before and of.

I called and was told it's not a next-day charge but next business day. I said, "I need it NOW" and was then offered a 200$ "emergency." I said, "Pay it please." Then was called back and told, "We don't offer emergency over the weekend." I have a toddler with RSV in the cold Because this company has a really bad habit of misinforming its customers. Let's all get on the same page. I work in customer service, I understand it's not any one person's fault, however, on an operational level this is super unacceptable.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2022

A week ago I scheduled a delivery for yesterday because that was my day off work. They didn't show up.. They did tell me I would be first on the list this morning however so I wouldn't have to take a day off work but they didn't show up this morning either.. When I called them they said they would get here when they got here which I'm sorry that's not acceptable to me.. I scheduled this delivery a week in advance and should have had my gas yesterday.

Ferrellgas Company Information