2. Homeowners
  3. Utilities

3.7/5 (253 ratings)

About Ferrellgas

Ferrellgas Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ferrellgas?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ferrellgas?

Original review: April 8, 2021

Ordered gas prepaid $180 and recently got a past due bill for $85– they’re saying part of it is tank rental (which I understand) and another $40 plus dollars is for an overage on the previous delivery and that we requested or ordered that overage. NEVER!!! WE ALWAYS PREPAY CAUSE THEY REQUIRED IT - this is the second issue I’ve had with them trying to charge me what they want including sending a repair person to my home to run a gas line (I’D CANCEL THE REQUEST.) This man gonna try to bully me into making a $25 haphazard fee then quoted another fee for him coming here— he was talking and so was I???. After a few choice words from myself he tells me I better not ever call Ferrell Gas for any type of repair again. THE COMPANY IS SHADY PERIOD!!!

Original review: Feb. 27, 2021

For the last two months Ferrellgas has let my tank run down to 0. I am 88 years old and am on keep full service. I strongly urge to stay away from this company. When you call the company, you are on hold for up to an hour. And then they never solve the problem.

Get buying tips about Utility Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2021

If you also read YELP reviews regarding Ferrellgas, you'll see they are all consistent with the level of service to be expected -- which is clearly abysmal. In the past with Sharp Propane, a customer dealt with a local service center that could/would communicate directly with dispatchers and drivers. As such, both a day and ETA window could be determined -- and they were accurate. This is no longer the case since Ferrellgas has taken over complete management of the system. Now, customer service is simply a telephone rep in some other part of the country, that does nothing more than phone answering, and then communicates a fill order to "logistics", who will then communicate a delivery to the driver.

Being well below the fill redline in my tank, I made several calls to "customer service", requesting a fill ASAP, and was told each time they would advise logistics that the fill needed to be expedited, based on my tank being well below the redline percentage for a requisite fill. Logistics then supposedly communicates with the drivers; however, none of the communications past the customer rep ever gets to the customer. I.e., you have no idea what transpired in the communications between the customer rep, logistics, and driver, and therefore will never have any idea when a delivery will actually be made -- until the time comes.

If you are leasing a tank from them, you are unable to use another provider, so you must receive your propane only from them, which probably explains why Ferrellgas customer service is at such a low priority. However, if you own your own tank, by all means you should absolutely look for any other provider, since you could clearly not do worse.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2021

If you wish to find out whom is actually getting a propane delivery from Ferrellgas, follow the news trucks in your area. Ferrell only shows up after you have exhausted every possible avenue and your last resort was to call your local news station to complain. Ten minutes after they arrive to do a story, Ferrellgas will show up like a knight on a white horse. Of course, 2 weeks late and the price is too high. So, if you are looking for your delivery, don't call the local Ferrellgas Office, they won't answer anyway. Call your local news hotline. You will have a truck in minutes.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2021

Ferrell gas...are you seeing everyone's reviews?? I hope you are ashamed. No customer service, promises broken and freezing temperatures in my house. We ordered propane weeks ago and were promised delivery over a week ago. Here we sit...waiting...in the freezing cold. I'm counting down the days until we can switch companies... You should be ashamed at how this company is ran.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2021

In the worst winter storm in Austin Texas only to completely run out of gas and can't refill for 2 days because of icy roads. Auto-Fill is to keep my tank from falling below 20%. Woke today with gas smell in house. Went to check gas level and it is EMPTY. This tank should have been filled a couple of weeks ago if it is to stay above 20%. Now in the worst winter storm in Central TX. Of course there is nothing they can do because refill trucks cannot drive in the snow. This means having to leave our home for the next 48 hours because we have no heat, no hot water. Had to DRIVE to a hotel because our home is too cold to stay in. Not to mention this company has horrible billing issues the past six months. Currently on the Auto-Fill program. It has been a couple of months of calling customer service and sending them documents for the Auto-Fill program. I have been on this program for years without any problems with Sharp Propane. Now Ferrell Gas has taken over for the last year. We are looking for a new company to service our gas.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2021

I had my tank filled with 200 gallons in January at which time I called and l explained I could smell propane. They refused to send someone. I had call the fire department here. It is February. Just now replacing the tank. Been without heat this entire time. Now the new tank is installed however they told me they have 24 hrs after placing a new tank to fill so I pay in advance for my tank to be filled because here it is 27 hours after installing and still haven't made the delivery that they said they had 24 hrs to deliver by law. I would not and do not recommend them at all.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2021

Updated on 02/17/2021: Ferrellgas Co. failed to deliver 80 gallons of propane, as promised. So I order the gas from another company, since I own my own tank. Since I had to pay upfront via my credit card, I asked the company to take the charge off my credit card, which they promised to do. But instead of doing so, they sent me a credit notice, informing me that they will apply the money toward my next purchase, instead giving me a refund, as I requested. Since I have no desire to ever order propane gas from that company again, I want my money back, not a credit. I now have to contact my credit card company to cancel the charge, but that make take up to 60 days, while Ferrell Gas is keeping my money free of charge. What a bunch of losers Ferrellgas is.

Original: On 1/29/21 I ordered a propane delivery of 80 gallons. I had to pre-pay with my credit card. I received a call, saying it would be delivered on 1/29/21. Nobody showed up. So I called and left my number, since it was an answerphone. Nobody called me back. I called again and was out on hold for 2 1/4 hours before a life person answered my call. They could not explain, why the propane was not delivered and said, it might have been the fault of dispatch. They promised to contact dispatch and let me know, what transpired. I waited for a call, it never came.

I finally got exasperated and decided to get the propane from another company. In order to get my credit card credited with the amount that they already deducted
    I had to call Ferrell again, and in order to get a live person, I had to wait another 2 hours on the phone before a live person answered. When I asked, to take the charge off my credit card, she said, he can't do it right away, I had to it till their accounting department approves the refund, which might take 3 - 4 working days.

She promised to call me back right away and let me know, on what day I can expect the refund. Of course, I never got a call back. It seems, getting a refund from them is worse than pulling a tooth. This company is a nightmare to deal with. I wish they go bankrupt.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2021

I ordered and paid in full for a propane tank, delivery and set up. Then I was told the delivery truck broke down. Then they called me back to schedule a delivery and no one showed up. We called them and they said they didn't have our tank. So why tell us you are going to delivery a tank and you don't have one. So we canceled our tank and ask for a full refund.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2021

I have used Gasco for my propane delivery and then now billing is through Ferrell Gas. Their billing department is horrible. Sarcastic comments and unprofessionalism runs rampant there. I will be looking for another propane delivery company all because of Jennifer in billing. I paid online, there seems to have been a problem ON THEIR END, and I submitted payment a second time, all way before 30 days, and I get a nasty email about they will not delivery propane to my house. What? I actually paid TWICE. Stay away.

Ferrellgas Company Information