1.12/5
Based on 142 reviews that contain star ratings
Show rating distribution

Ferrellgas

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Sept. 18, 2017

166 Ferrellgas Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Sept. 18, 2017

I have went through some real bad gas companies over the years. But, when I found out about Ferrellgas, I thought I had finally found a decent company for a change. And, to give them credit, they were a great company for several years. I have a credit rating in the 800's, one bureau was 830 last time I checked. Then in the summer of 2015, I just happened to be home, when a truck pulled up outside my house out in the front and a person was connecting a chain to the gas tank in my backyard! I ran out there and asked what was going on and a very heavy set gentleman with a shirt full of holes advised me that my account was in collections and he was taking Ferrellgas' tank.

Number one: if you want to take or switch a tank, there is access to it through the city fairway behind the house. You dont just drag the tank through the back and front yards by with a chain and leave trenches all along the way! Would've totally destroyed my yard. And I had the "Best Yard" award the previous year on my block.

Number two: I always pay my bills and Ferrellgas was completely paid off as it was every year. I have no idea where all this was coming from. I contacted the number the man gave to me and the customer service lady totally agreed with me. And said she would contact the man and set his information straight. Boom, problem solved, right? Wrong!

Again, the same dude comes over with a pickup truck and a chain and claims he has to pick up my tank and that I now owed "a couple thousand dollars and my account was in collection"! Can you believe this?? Finally, I convinced him to call customer service right there with me standing there with him still in the truck. I don't know what was said, but he again gave a number to call, customer service, and he left.

I, once again, called and they said they closed my account and are opening a new account. I asked why and she said it was the only way they could fix the errors in my account. I said I want it to show I have always paid on time and in full. She said that's would be correct. Fast forward to present. I moved to a new residence and own my own tank and called Ferrellgas and they now want a credit check and advanced payment for a completely filled 500 gal tank before they will bring me propane. I give up! I'll once again search for a good honest gas company to bring me gas and bill me normally like I have done all my life. If anyone wants a good honest on time customer, please get ahold of me. Thank you.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2017

I've had Ferrellgas for 20 years. In all my dealings with them, they've been helpful, attentive, and friendly. They've always communicated well. Kept appointments on time. If there have been times they were delayed, they always kept me updated. I was surprised to see all the negative reviews, when my own experiences have always been so positive. I would recommend them in a heartbeat. There was even a time I was not able to pay my bill in whole, they let me make payments and were very nice about it too.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Aug. 15, 2017

I would NOT recommend this company to anyone! We set up a work order to have our LP tank hooked up to our new house. When the technician came he didn't even tell his name or what company he was from. He thought we were going to hook it up to the temporary housing we have on the property even though the work order told him that it was to be hooked up to our new house. He told us that he had been with the company for over 20 years and yet he didn't know how to hook up a LP to a dual fuel system. He started to work and had turned on a ditch witch then motioned for me to come over by him. The ditch witch was so loud that I had to lean in to hear him ask a question and he grabbed my butt twice! The company says he denies the accusation so I think he still may be working for them. His name is Thomas ** AKA Tom **. They are protecting a criminal!

Original review: April 11, 2017

Buyer beware of this company!!! I have had Ferrellgas for about 6 years and it has been a tenuous and tedious relationship at best. The company seems to feel you owe them even after paying your bill on time month after month and year after year. I have had several incidents in the past couple of years that should not have happened. And Ferrellgas refused to take responsibility for their actions by blaming me their customer.

The first incident arose 2 years ago in December 2015 when I went to turn my heater on in my house on a very cold December morning and... nothing happened. I went out and checked my gas cylinders and they both showed EMPTY! I had set up my account with Ferrellgas to be on a "Keep Filled" basis which means Ferrellgas was to check my tanks each time they were servicing other accounts my area and keep them filled at all times. It just happened that this empty tank day was on a Saturday.

I called the company and was told that my account was set up as "Will Call", meaning that I will call them to come and fill my propane tanks, and that I had not called them. I explained that the account had been active for some time and it had initially been set up as keep filled and that they had never failed to fill my tanks when they were servicing my area. I had never set up my account as "Will Call" and had never had to call them to fill my tanks.

I was told that I had to have called and changed the status of my account as they would never do that. "Why would I do that" I asked. They had no response. I was told they would change my account in the computer to "Keep Filled". I thanked them and asked when they could be out to fill my tanks as I was freezing. I was told it would take several days and they would add my request to their list. I was told someone would come to service my gas tanks sometime late in the day on the following Monday. This meant that I would be without heat in my house for 3 days and these days were predicted to be some of the coldest of the season.

I inquired as to why someone could not get out to my house that day and was told they were booked. I was then told that I could pay an extra exorbitant price to have some one come out on Sunday to fill my tanks. I asked why I should have to pay since I had not changed the settings on my account and they should honor their commitment to their customers. I was told that it was their policy and they would be happy to service my gas needs if I wanted to pay the ridiculously exorbitant Sunday price or I would have to wait until the coming Monday - 2 more days away.

I decided to not pay the ridiculously exorbitant price for their screw up. I confined my dog and myself to my bedroom where I pulled a small electric heater from camping gear and sat as close as I could and tried to get warm using my blankets wrapped around both my dog and myself. It was a long 3 days and bitter cold nights. They did show up late Monday after 3:00 pm and filled my tanks.

My second incident was about a month later. The weather was still very cold and again my tanks went empty. When I called, Ferrellgas informed me that I had not called them to come and fill the tanks. I asked why I would have to do that as my account had been set up as "Keep Filled". I was informed that my account was set up for "Will Call". I told them of my conversation a month earlier and finding that the same setting had been on my account and that I had asked for it to be changed. I was told that obviously I had not requested the account change or it would have been in the computer. So I shared a few choice words with the Ferrellgas representative and asked again for my account to be changed to "Keep Filled" instead of "Will Call". The person said they made the change.

I thanked them and asked when they could be out to fill my tanks. I was informed that one of their trucks was in the general area and they would have the truck at my house before dark. They did show up and found me in my bedroom with my little heater and blankets wrapped around my dog and myself trying to keep warm. I did not have any more or new issues for some time. My tanks were filed often. Almost too often but thought it was better to have gas than not... So did not complain!!!

January - February 2017, I am currently moving into a new house and called Ferrellgas as I started to pack and informed them of my planned move and asked them to change the status on my account to "not fill" my tanks as I am packing to move and do not want them to fill my tanks and charge me for gas that I will not be using. I had not seen a bill on my front gate, which was their normal way of letting me know they had filled my tanks, but was told they had filled my tanks two days ago. I told them I did not have a bill and gave them my new address to send the bill too. I am still waiting for the bill. I had to go back to the old house to pack some more items and turned on the heater in the old house... nothing happened. I went outside to check my tanks and they were both full however the valves had been disconnected from the house and the tank valve had a locked cover and the pipes had been twisted to not connect to the cylinders.

I called Ferrellgas Inquiring as to why my tanks had been disconnected and locked. I was told that when I gave them my new address that was the signal in their system to lock the tanks so they can not be used. I told them I still own the house and am working there periodically packing and moving boxes and I need the gas to heat the house while I work there. I asked them to get someone out today (the day of this contact), to hook up my gas again so that I do not freeze while I am moving. I was told they would see what they could do.

I then received a call about an hour later asking me to call them about the balance due on the account. I called and was told that I had to pay the balance due before they would come out and reconnect the gas. I told them this was blackmail as I had not officially stopped the service just the filling of the tanks until after the house is sold and the new owners could set up their account.

I was told I had to pay the amount due prior to them coming out to correct their screwy policy. I asked why they did not tell me this would happen when I called to stop the filling of my tanks. And all they would say it is their policy once they receive a new mailing address to lock the tanks so they can not be used. I told them ok. I would be filing a dispute and hung up. I have heard many really bad stories about Ferrellgas from neighbors and friends and now I have my own to add. If I ever decide to live on propane again... Ferrellgas will be my last choice!!! Buyer beware of Ferrellgas!

Original review: Feb. 13, 2017

Never again, once they have your money you don't matter. Failed to deliver after prepaying. Two times, I was HUNG up on when I had the gall to ask why. More than a week later still no gas and no refund yet.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ferrellgas?

Original review: Feb. 2, 2017

Never Use This Company- Ever!- Palmetto, FL. Use Ferrellgas if you crave the following from a service provider: Not showing up to for appointments and not calling to reschedule. Installing a leaking gas tank and not fixing it after their technician brings it to their attention. 2nd tech said it wasn't leaking. Third tech said it was and it had been leaking for 7 months. Can you say fire hazard! Not scheduling a date to pick up the tank we leased after we switched to a competitor, even though the competitor gave Ferrellgas a switch out notice and we called to cancel their service. Scheduling a pick up date of 1/31/17, after we called to complain, but not showing up. Complaints were escalated to management for 3 years, but nothing was ever done, no apologies made. To this date, Ferrellgas still has a tank sitting in our neighbor's yard, waiting to be picked up. A company is only as good as its employees.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2016

These people are not a company to do business with, unless you are STUPID. They offered to sell propane home delivery fuel and took my debit card to authorize for payment. Authorize my hind end they did a hard charge securing the fund transfer immediately. Then stated "one week from today you will receive your propane"! It's 7 here and no delivery for a week? Well the week came and no propane so I was left to pay again another company for delivery. Then I cancelled the order from these opportunists. It's been 4 days and no credit back on the card. Took the money for 2 weeks and still not back. Have to file a dispute W/ MC to get my money from these thugs.

They I feel would just take anyone's money and local which would tell you to "biz off. You can't make us give it back". Who on earth takes your money and tells you at their convenience they will produce what you paid for? Arrogant low life workers! Bet they wouldn't be happy if we took 100's of dollars of their money interest free and dictated when we would return it.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2016

Horrible service overall. Thought it would get better but never did. I live in El Paso, Texas and tried to fill my propane tank for my house but had no other choice but to refuse to work with them completely. First time I tried making an appointment to connect driver either never showed or the appointment was never made with them. I stayed home those days just to not miss the appointment and they wasted my time then. Finally after 3 days they showed up and were really nice. Second time trying to make an appointment. Made an appointment for Monday. They showed but in my part was not able to make it home and had cancelled and taking responsibility for that. Then rescheduled for Wednesday and tried to pay with card and the lady that didn't even speak English said we couldn't. We asked why but no response. Then I said “ok I'll just pay cash.”

Then when the man comes they said we couldn't do that because we cancelled more than three time which I wasn't aware of and had to pay at the offices. We had only canceled once and they called us liars that the driver showed up on Wednesday and knocked and honked but no one was there at 11:45. I was outside since 11:00. Then wanted to charge us extra for going again. My husband told them they never showed so we are not going to pay extra cause they messed up. The "manager" said "I believe my driver and I don't believe you so it's not my problem if you don't have gas for the holidays."

Original review: Oct. 25, 2016

Terrible Customer Service. On hold every time I called, called multiple times because I was out of gas. When I did get thru and asked for the person I talked to they were always "not available". They couldn't even give me a window of under 2 weeks for a refill/service call. Their rate to rent a tank is more than double of their competitors and then when a "manager" finally did call me back she was very rude. Apparently they don't want to be bothered with residential customers that just have small accounts with them. I would never recommend them. I think it's time THEY read all the negatives reviews on here and on Google to understand what their Customer's complaints are or they won't have any more Customers!

Original review: Oct. 20, 2016

My initial impression of this company in October 2015 continued into October 2016. The customer service is terrible and I will no longer use them. I decided to go with Barrett. I didn't receive any type of notification about the early purchase available to customers starting in the fall season. I then called about this and was told, "Everyone knows about it." Their attitude was very poor. When I called Barrett, it was a breath of fresh air. The customer service is excellent and I got a thank you card from Leslie ** for purchasing their services. The prices are competitive so it was a win for me. Ferrellgas was being sued and the outcome is found at this link. SHAREHOLDER ALERT: Lundin Law PC Announces Securities Class Action Lawsuit against Ferrellgas Partners LP and Reminds Investors with Losses In Excess of $250,000 to Contact the Firm dated October 16 2016.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2016

I bought a home in Brookings, Oregon which had a 200 gallon propane tank which was owned by Ferrellgas. Our home had two instant hot water heaters and a stove top which used propane gas. One of the instant hot water heaters for our master bedroom went out and needed to be replaced. It was so expensive we decided to switch over to a hybrid electric hot water heater for the entire house, and the hot water tank was put into the garage. This left only the propane tank use for the gas stove top.

We decided to go all electric and change the gas stove top to an electric stove top. This is when I called Ferrellgas to have them pick up the 200 gallon propane tank. The tank was 70% full, and they only fill them to 80% full when they fill them up. I was told by Ferrellgas that I would receive a check for the remaining propane in the tank: $232.36. However, they would have to charge a pick up fee of $85.99. They sent me an updated billing summary. I was surprised to see a pump out fee of $79.99 which left a credit of $66.38.

I called them and asked them about this pump out fee, and the lady at Ferrellgas started making excuses, and told me that the guys spent time digging out the propane tank. I told her I was standing there and it did not take longer than 10 - 15 minutes to remove the tank and put it in there truck. Isn't that included in the original pick up fee of $85.99? Of course, it should be. After this, I asked her when I could expect the check for $66.38 from the original $232.36. She was not sure, but she did mention that she wanted to check to see if there was going to be anymore deductions from the $66.38 before they sent my refund.

She said she would call me back and let me know. I gave her my telephone number, but she never called back at all. Now, I will have to call back to see if I receive any refund of $66.38 for my $232.36 worth of propane. Sad. Whether, or not this is policy for the company, it is a bad policy for the consumer. I can understand the pick up fee, but not the pump out fee, and not the obvious runaround they are giving me for $66.38. I cannot recommend this company to anyone, and my suggestion to anyone is to buy there own tank, and find a different company to buy their propane from. Ferrellgas is a company you cannot trust.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2015

I called my local office to get a fill, but I need to see if they would fill up my tank before my pledge came through from EAP for low income and disabled people. Well they said they could not fill my tank till they received my pledge so I call the person handling EAP, ask if they could expedite my applications. At first she said no but then they said yes at EAP. So I called my gas company told them I was approved for 900.00 dollars, well this is when things hit the fan. The lady from EAP spoke with them the next day. They came and filled my tank and hit me with a 150.00 next day fill price. I complained my gas then said that's on the state is paying for it!!! I said "that not right did you tell the EAP about the charge?" She said no then a few days later I get a letter saying that they won't do business with me and I have 10 days to get a gas company. All because I questioned a charge. I can't believe they can get away with it.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2015

My parents have owned and used Ferrellgas for over 35 years. Once was AmeriGas whom Ferrellgas purchased. The tank was original with the house. So many of my friends had owned their tanks allowing them to get competitive rates in the gas market. Ferrell had monopolized the area for decades making customers pay the price they were asking. My parents were on a auto-fill plan which is an OK way of doing things, but I wanted more control of how and when the tank was filled so I called and had the auto-fill cancelled and went on will call, supposedly agreed upon. I requested a price on the used tank (over 35 yrs old) and they came back with a 500.00 price, and they indicated that was paid in full price.

I told them next month I'd be buying it to avoid the 1.25 per gallon charge for renting it. In a week, they filled the tank to the max from an 1/2 empty state which was almost 900.00 after tax and fees. Since I had taken the account off of the level pay to get rid of the auto-fill, they sent me a bill of the balance owed on the auto-fill and the new charges that were around 1500.00. Mad about it I called and complained and they told me tough luck that I shouldn't of changed the account and it was my fault. And I asked them why they filled the tank when I was off of auto-fill and they said it was an error on their end.

I asked them to remove the gas they had put in and credit my bill and they said they would for $350.00, and they would have to empty the whole tank and I'd lose my balance of gas of 250 gallons. So I just paid the bill and told them to cancel the account altogether. I called again to get the price on the tank and the new price was around 650 with tax. So I paid it and they sent me a bill of sale in my father's name, not mine. 2 years later, they called my father by Collections for a 46.00 bill balance for something we don't know for because the bill was paid in full and the tank was paid in full. Many requests to return to them, but no bill, no past due notice, no call. This to me is dirty business and I will never go back to them.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2015

I had set up payment arrangements with Ferrellgas. After making several payments of 300.00 on a prepaid card, they told me I had two payments returned which never happened as I have my statements. And they were charging me 7.00 a gallon. Now, they have disconnected my propane which I use for heat/cooking. In Wisconsin, it is illegal for utilities to shut you off from Nov. 1st to April 15th. I contacted them and told them this and they said the law doesn't apply to them since propane is a commodity.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2015

My girlfriend kept reminding me to call and get my propane tank filled. She then said she would call. We looked at the tank and it was 5% full. She called Ferrellgas for me and said, "Fill it" and they asked us to leave a blank check, which we did. I then come home to find they put 100 gallons in and the driver filled in the check at 1.08 a gallon. I checked the tank it was now 30% full. So I called Preston in Grass Valley at Ferrellgas and she stated I called and said to put in 100 gallons. I reminded her that my girlfriend called this in and she said my girlfriend told her it was 50% full and it needed 100 gallons. How would my girlfriend know that 50% is 100 gallons, as it is not, she would not.

So I call Ferrellgas corporate and they say the propane is now 1.25 a gallon and she had her own set of stories about who ordered this tank fill. I reminded her this is the 21 century and these new things called computers that give us the ability to write customer notes and then she went through the same story about my girlfriend as the other troll we spoke with. Needless to say, Suburban Propane is cheaper, offers the same discounts, and will be out tomorrow to change the tanks and hopefully offer us a much higher standard of professionalism and honesty.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2015

When we purchased our house 15 years ago it came with the propane tank. A local company was contracted to fill it. The local company sold to Ferrellgas about 8 years ago. Ferrellgas had someone come to my house, paint my tank and apply their name on it. I called to find out why and they said the tank had belonged to the old company and it now belonged to them. For 8 years I have fought with them to prove ownership to me and they have not been able to. Now this year they are charging a full Dollar more than anyone else in this area. Their excuse for higher priced, GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE... what a joke. I informed them I was having someone else fill the tank and they are now threatening legal action over a tank they can't even show they own.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2015

Ferrell gas is awful! I contacted them weeks ago regarding picking up their tank explaining to them the sale of my home is contingent on the tank being picked up, I never got a call back with a pick up date. I called everyday sometimes numerous times, never a return call. I asked for a manager numerous times, they were never available but I left voice messages. I asked for the CEO and was told he was hard to get a hold of and doesn't return calls anyway. I am disgusted with this company and will never use or refer them to anyone.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2015

I had Ferrellgas for about a year. So I called them on July of last year to buy my gas tank and to get a price for the tank. The guy I talk to told me they would not sell me a tank because they have to have so many rented. So I told them to come and pick it up. The tank is still at my house. So I called Halls and bought me a tank. I emailed Ferrellgas and ask them to come pick up their tank. They have not. So what they are saying you can't buy their tank because they want you to rent and keep paying them.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2015

Worked for them for 8 months. Worthless managers, Duke and JT. Corporate kiss ** and Liars! Customer service last priority. Logistic manager must be from McDonalds, as she couldn't tell the difference from a sandwich or an ice cream cone. Customers out of gas on keep full constantly. No compensation for on call every other week, then if you get a call they shorten your week to avoid overtime. Gave 2 1/2 weeks notice and they shorted me 58 hours of sick/personal time after promising to pay for it. Better off without them even though they screwed me! Charged customers a fictitious hazmat fee for every delivery. Charged at least 50 cents more than other gas companies. Quit cause I have a conscience, couldn't stand screwing the consumer. Positively the worst company I've worked for in 30 years, hands down! A total farce! Stay far away from these idiots!! Liars, liars, liars!

Original review: July 22, 2015

Since we've had Ferrellgas (starting May 2013), they have consistently screwed up our payments and have not sent requested billing statements. We signed up for auto pay at the end of 2013, and multiple times they have not taken the money, and then send us late payment notices. This time they said we had to pay the whole balance at once in order to get back on auto pay. They said that we just paid over the phone w/ our debit, and that they do not have our bank info, which is complete BS. My wife and I have each told them that we wanted them to do the auto pay and confirmed it with their customer service rep each time. It is very worrisome that they keep losing our account info.

Original review: July 15, 2015

I have been a customer of Ferrellgas for many years. I have never been late with payments, in fact, I often prepaid a full year in advance. For the past year, things have gotten quite awful. In January 2013, Ferrellgas allowed my LP gas tank to go empty, in spite of my being registered in their keep-filled program. They charged me over $4.00 per gallon to fill my 800 gallon tank. Unbelievably, they allowed my tank to go empty a second time twelve months later. I decided to research other LP gas companies in my area and found one that charges a much lower rate than Ferrellgas and serves the customers' best interests far better than Ferrellgas.

I chose to switch companies, did not renew my account with Ferrellgas, and had the new company replace the Ferrellgas tank with theirs. They moved the old tank to the front of my property and I called Ferrellgas to inform them of my cancellation. That was over a month ago, and the tank is still sitting in my front yard, ruining my grass and the appearance of my property. I have made numerous calls, first requesting and finally demanding they come and pick the tank up, and have been told repeatedly that they don't schedule pick-ups.

According to them, pick-ups occur only when they have some worker in the area doing other work. I am at my wit's end and furious over this abuse. Not only do they over-charge for the LP gas they sell, they fail to properly service well-paying customers, and then totally disregard their own responsibilities in doing business. I strongly urge any person who needs to rely on an LP company... DO NOT go with Ferrellgas.

Original review: June 15, 2015

Ferrellgas would not service my property because they felt it was not safe to have the truck go over a bridge that leads to my property. Ferrellgas has serviced my property multiple times in the past without any issues. My neighbor has semi trucks and goes through the bridge daily without any problems. After discussing the issue and going back and forth with the manager he said to just find another company to service me. The manager was not interested in resolving the issue. Obviously, not interested in my business and as a private investor, it's Ferrellgas lost. I will not give business to a company who doesn't care to please a customer!

Original review: June 14, 2015

My family and I bought a house back in December that had this company for gas. We went through a different company. We called and asked them to pick up their tank. They said yes they will come get it, then 3 months later call they say they don't pick up tanks in the winter and now 6 months later of storing the tank the lady tells my mother in law on the phone "lady stop calling I have told you several times your schedule for pick up when we can get to you" and hangs up the telephone! No respect, constant lies on when this tank will be picked up off of our property and no customer service whatsoever!!

Original review: May 5, 2015

I think hate is a strong word which is why I try to avoid it. However, I HATEd this company with every inch of my body. They lied over and over to the point I just wanted to scream! No... Actually I have screamed many times on the account of them. They were a nightmare. Is it too hard for them to do just one thing that they say they were going to do? They never delivered within the window of time given, drivers would call and say they are coming and then they wouldn't show and denied telling me they were coming. They changed the delivery date repeatedly and made it out like I was the crazy one.

Then when we dropped them, they had the nerve to bill us for things that we didn't sign for. We were told we would be reimbursed for the gas left in the tank, but when we called, they said that the meter was at 0%. My husband was smart enough to film the amount inside and of them leaving. I will be emailing them that clip. They continue to lie and we aren't even with them anymore. Please be smart and steer away from this company.

Original review: March 16, 2015

After being with Ferrellgas for 11 years at my cottage on a keep full basis, they didn't bother to fill my tank during the coldest winter we ever had (2014). They filled it in November and then never put in any more fuel until February. The tank was empty. I gave the driver my key code over the phone. When he went in, the pipes had all burst and the place was flooded! I had over $30,000 worth of damage and a full year later, the work still isn't finished. We lost use of our cottage for a full year, lost some of our furniture and appliances, and ended up with a lot of mold. This was the first year that I didn't sign a contract for a locked in fuel price.

Ferrellgas waited until the price of propane went way, way up before showing up to fill the tank, to make sure I paid the highest possible price for the largest possible amount of fuel. Then, the following month, when the price was still at its highest, they put another $900 worth of fuel in the tank when I wouldn't need the heat any more till the next winter.

They are liars. They deny that the driver found my tank empty and claim that I called to say that I let the propane run out. They won't even admit that the driver made the delivery. They mailed me a tiny pamphlet with small print saying that even if you sign up for "keep full", they don't have to keep it full. Now they are threatening me with ruining my credit. The empty tank is still sitting there next to the wonderful new company I have switched to. This is a terrible, dishonest company!

Original review: March 3, 2015

Paid for propane gas 14 days ago and still no gas here. Now we are out and we have record cold coming tomorrow. Do not do business with this company!!! Service sucks. Even on the phone they just don't care about their customers.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2015

We phoned and emailed when our tank was at 20%, then at 15%, then at 10%. Now we are under 5% and almost out of gas and still no one has come to fill up our tank. The lady I and my wife have spoken with on the phone really doesn't care and the customer is made to feel like he is the problem.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2015

I've been waiting 9 days for a fill. Now pipes have broken and I just get the same excuses for why they haven't filled us yet. I'm done with this company as soon as the snow melts.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2015

On 2-10-15 I called to place a propane order with Ferrellgas, I was told it could be 2 weeks before delivery would be made but should be no later than Feb 23. I told the CSA that my gauge was on 10 and she said she would make a note of it. We started to really conserve our consumption since I have experienced long delivery times with Ferrellgas in the past. I called the local office on Feb 20 to follow-up and increase my order since it had gotten extremely cold in our area. The CSA said they were trying to catch up on their orders. We ran out of gas on Feb 22. I called the office on Feb 23 and was told we weren't on the delivery schedule for that day but they would email the dispatcher and let them know and get back in touch with me. It was -7 in our area the night of the 23rd and we had no heat in our house!

On Feb 24 I called again and was told that we got bumped on the 23rd and that we are on the schedule for the 24th. We did not receive our delivery today and have none. Spent 11 days trying to conserve gas in some of the coldest temperatures of the winter season and 3 days with no heat at all. I'll be calling again tomorrow and come spring Ferrellgas will be removing their tank from our property. They have failed in EVERY aspect of customer service and satisfaction.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2015

We recently had power outages in Georgia. We were running out of gas. My wife has cancer and I needed gas delivery to keep the generator running for heat. We had made an order, but somehow the delivery date was messed up with Ferrellgas. I explained the situation and tried to fix the scheduling problem with the scheduler and might as well been talking to the wall. I was told that they would make a same day delivery for $150.00 service charge. Which was nothing more than a "Shake Down". I told the scheduler to forget that and somehow this turned into the cancellation for my scheduled delivery today. We called and the same propane terrorist told us that when we told her to "forget it", that she had cancelled the Tuesday delivery, which had nothing to do with the $150.00 extortion policy. Well, we are really all in about forgetting Ferrellgas. We are changing companies. Think I will send them a $150.00 service charge for me being their customer.

Ferrellgas Company Information