3.8/5 (339 ratings)

About Ferrellgas

Ferrellgas Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ferrellgas?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ferrellgas?

Original review: July 27, 2022

FerrellGas in Royse City, TX took $119.24 from me and delivered nothing. Day 1: I paid for a new propane install site inspection. Was told by a Cheryl that it will be two weeks to completion of full propane install and phone call from inspector same day to co-ordinate visit. Day 2: No phone call arrived. Called back FerrellGas to be told by an Amanda that the inspection request was completed incorrectly and that I would receive a call from site inspector same day. Day 3: No phone call arrived. Called back Ferrellgas and was told a Kristi that my inspection was mishandled again. I was now in a two week wait queue just to get an inspection. I requested a refund. Was told refunds take 6-8 weeks to process the refund. I asked to speak with the manager. Was told I would get a call back from the manager named Tina. No phone call received.

Original review: May 9, 2022

The customer service for this company is shameful! It really does not exist. My old propane tank was corroding and leaking, so I got an estimate from Ferrell Gas to replace the tank. IN the meantime, they installed a temporary above-ground tank. Josh, the salesman, quoted a price to install a buried tank ($500) and a separate line on the estimate for a price to install an above-ground tank ($200). They required a 60% down payment to accept the proposal. I sent them a check for 60% of the cost to buy and install a buried tank and I included a letter requesting the buried tank. A few days later their crew showed up unannounced and installed an above-ground tank! I was not there at the time. I called Ferrell Gas multiple times to get this resolved. I was told multiple times by the receptionists that “I’ll have someone call you right away.” Only one person ever called back and he did not get anything done.

I told them multiple times that I needed the buried tank work done May 4-6. I started telling them these dates the first week in April. But here it is the second week in May, and I still do not have a buried propane tank! No explanations. No communication. No service! The salesman was bad, because he wrote the proposal in such a way that it was confusing to the installers. The installers were bad because they never contacted me with any question about whether this was to be an above-ground or below ground tank. If they had looked at my letter or at the down payment amount, they would have seen it was for the buried tank.

The “Customer Service” department is bad because they never call back. The phone answering system is bad because you can never get to talk with anyone who makes decisions or who has authority to do anything. Maybe someone will see this bad review and get my tank buried! Oh, and they might be considerate enough to call me.

Get buying tips about Utility Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 8, 2022

Had Ferrellgas at my business. They let us run out of gas on 2 occasions which cost us several thousands in business losses. They also jacked the price up to over $4 a gallon because they said we went over our usage - we had a locked in price and was not aware of any limit to how much gas we used. They did not notify us or ever show usage and fill amounts on the bills. They are very unreliable and untrustworthy company. They don’t come when they say they will and they price gouge in every way.

Original review: March 22, 2022

In November 2021 we decided to put 300 gallons of propane in our tank. The lines for the propane were run up to the house but not connected to it yet. The delivery man asked and I showed him where the line was capped off. He tested for leaks. Put the propane in the tank. We thought we were ok and that the propane would be there when we needed it. We never used any of it but one day in February a friend said I smell gas. I called and they sent someone out. I was not informed that I would be charged a fee much less one in excess of 300 dollars!

The man said the tank is empty. 675 dollars of propane just gone! He did not have any way to test it for leaks and decided to condemn the tank. I was told by another propane company that filling a tank that is not connected to the house automatically puts them at fault, which I did not know beforehand, but I think the man did not shut the valve properly. I had paid for all but about 200 of the propane. I am probably going to have to take this case to court. Over 1000 dollars and nothing to show for it except anxiety. I am not a happy customer.

Original review: March 16, 2022

I have been a customer of Ferrell Gas almost 30 years! Not bc I choose too. I rent the home. However, I keep a more than enough money on my acct at all times. I have heard such lame excuses from so many of the people in this company as if they are all give scripts to lie and brush off customers. They have let me run out of gas even though I had called several time prior to 10% and called again on 3-2-22 was informed I would have a delivery no later than 3-16-22. I called yesterday and this morning to make sure they will be delivering and to my Surprise again! I wasn’t on the delivery schedule for today 3-16-22! Corporate called me and said that I was going to receive propane today. It wasn’t delivered!

They have had my money since 3-2-22 but no gas! They had left me with a leaking tank a few years ago. I had the same tank for over 20 yrs and complained of it leaking they put a so called hazmat top on it and charged me 12.95 for their leaking tank and of course no one has ever heard of such a top! They lie and do not Note the truth! God sees all and they will stand before Him and answer for their behavior.

Original review: March 7, 2022

Customer service was very rude, she refused to give me her name, refused to let me speak to a manager, refused emergency services for my home WHEN I WAS WILLING TO PAY. This company always complains about not being equipped for the work load of customers. Do yourself the favor and find a different propane company! FERRELL GAS IS HORRIBLE COMPANY TO WORK WITH!

Resolution response: Feb. 25, 2022

Brenda from customer relations was able to schedule a priority delivery for the next day and was thoughtful and understanding.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2022

My gas tank is empty and customer service has informed me they will deliver sometime in the next 12 days. I have 2 kids under 2 years old and I am 6 month pregnant. It is 30 degrees fahrenheit outside and I don't have a fireplace. Amber from customer service informed me that she doesn't have a supervisor I can talk to, and that the delivery scheduling team doesn't take phone calls. This leaves me with no means of escalating. My tank hasn't been refilled as the result of a credit hold that was placed arbitrarily as it appears, since the bank account information on file from the creation of the account hasn't changed.

This is unacceptable customer service and I will be sure to communicate on social media and in my community until I get proper consideration. Amber from customer service also told me she saw on the delivery scheduling team's website that deliveries were backlogged due to weather conditions. It hasn't rained for 6 weeks, it is sunny and there is no wind. The team also doesn't take expedited requests. I struggle to understand how my situation is not a priority over customers who still have gas in their tanks. Please help.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2022

I called to order propane for my home I am down to 7 percent and they tell me it will be at least two weeks until I get my delivery. They also said trucks are in my area and they won't deliver any earlier. Also pricing is never the same. I order the same amount every time and it is always 100 dollars more each time I order but I need it so I have to pay. This proves that they do not care about people or their customers. Please run away from this company.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2022

My pregnant daughter ran out of Propane a week ago, February 9th, 2022. Her husband is in the military and has been gone away. She called Ferrell immediately and was told she would get a delivery in a couple of days. They never delivered. She called back and was told they would deliver by February 21st. After numerous calls and contacting the corporate office they notified her they would deliver today February 16th. 7 days after initial call for a delivery that she would pay for. Today, they finally showed up to fill the tanks and left without filling them or telling her why. My daughter immediately called Ferrell and was told there was some animal waste in her yard and they wouldn’t come back.

I called and told Ferrel the waste would be removed, please come back and was told the driver had left the area and couldn’t. This was 5-10 minutes from the time he left and he didn’t have the decency to tell her he was leaving in the first place. To begin with a week without heat and they won’t do an emergency delivery in February. Then to leave without even talking to her. I called again and was told it wasn’t cold out, they will come back tomorrow. It was 27 degrees this morning. It did reach 50 today. I don’t know, is a 50 degree house warm. It’s been below freezing for the past week until today. Ferrel was told that my daughter is pregnant and was sick. The only thing they could say was she should have ordered earlier. The gauge on the tank read 100%, she was told that sometimes they stick and you should hit the gauge to be sure. I have never dealt with such uncaring individuals at a nationwide company. Where is customer service and human decency.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2022

These people are awful. I have been waiting for propane for 4 weeks. I call daily and they give me some story that it will be here the next day. They tell me the supervisor is responsible for 2 states and has to verify my delivery and then..of course nothing back. I have never seen such dishonesty and disinformation..ever. Run from these people. I am annoyed and pissed off at their lack of professionalism and lies.

Ferrellgas Company Information