Ferrellgas

• 5%
  • 3%
  • 83%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ferrellgas?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ferrellgas?
    Contract & TermsPunctuality & Speed

Reviewed July 22, 2024

Buyer Beware! Extreme wait times when calling for an type of service. NO prorated refunds on annual tank rentals if you move. NO refunds on remaining propane in the tank if you move. 10-25 day wait time for repair service, if the tank's regulator stops working. Ferrellgas took the contract I had with them, and without my consent, gave it to the RV resort I was staying in, they in turn doubled it.

Customer ServiceStaff

Reviewed July 17, 2024

BEWARE!!! DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!! My daughter could not move into her new home because there was a gas leak and customer service did NOTHING!!! WE WERE HUNG UP ON. Finally after SEVERAL days I happen to speak with the most competent emergency representative and she put a request in for it to be “looked” at within 24 hours????

Get buying tips about Utility Companies delivered to your inbox.

Thanks for subscribing.

Price

Reviewed July 5, 2024

Have used Ferrelgas for close to 30 years. Finally got a whole house generator and was going to get a separate tank to hook up to. Long story short I finally contacted Ferrelgas to just hook the generator up to my currently leased 250 gallon tank. Couldn’t get that done so wound up purchasing a 1,000 gallon tank to run house and generator. Contacted Ferrelgas to come and get their tank and found out it is probably going to cost me money for them to pick up their own propane tank. Since it has approximately 60% gas in it they are going to charge me a $200 pickup fee along with a pumping fee and I think possibly another fee. After they charge me all these fees I will finally get credit for the propane in the tank. I’m not sure if I am going to get credit for the remaining tank rental. You would think that if they have to pump the tank before they move it. They could just pump it into my new tank and get their tank out of my yard.

PriceStaff

Reviewed May 30, 2024

We have had this propane service and same tank since 2016 and the couple we bought the house from had it for many years prior. We fill it once a year at $550 +/-. We’ve paid $12 a YEAR for tank lease since 2016. This year, with no warning and no notification at all, the tank lease went up to $160 a YEAR. That’s $13 and change PER MONTH. I’ve spoken to 2 representatives, one said it was due to the rise in the cost of steel. What that has to do with our tank that we’ve had the last 8+ years - I don’t know. The other said it was because we only fill up once a year. How can they charge me more for tank lease just because I only fill it once a year. If I had any notification of this ridiculous price hike, we would be have an electric stove and water heater installed. I do not recommend this company nor will I continue using them any longer than we have to.

Profile pic of the author.

Reviewed May 6, 2024

Originally I rented their tank, but my neighbors owned their tank and Ferrellgas sent them coupons which lowered their charge $.50 - over $1.00 per gallon than what I paid and I paid rental fees, too. Bought my own tank, from Ferrellgas, and now they still don't send me coupons, but also refuse to honor the ones my neighbors give me. Claim the coupons are targeted for each account.... isn't that discrimination?

Customer Service

Reviewed April 3, 2024

Ferrellgas is a joke. In 3 yrs of renting my house I used them one time. Told them I no longer wanted service. Now they decide to show up while I'm at work with my 14 yr old child home. When I told them to leave on the phone he wanted to talk to me like he owned or was renting my home. Do not send someone to my house without notification. He said he didn't have to notify. Hello. My child's a minor. Yes you do.

Reviewed March 13, 2024

If I was not moving in 6 months I would change propane company. I forgot to check level. I paid off balance and called for delivery on the 8th. I was asked what percentage in tank? I said, zero %. I was not offered an emergency delivery or anything. Just told they would notify my locate office. Delivery is scheduled before the 15th. Called on 9th to see if I could upgrade to emergency delivery. I know I have pay extra, but they only have two day emergency deliveries which would have been the 13th. So why pay extra for two day emergency delivery if original delivery is suppose to be there two days later. So we have been out of propane since March 8th and as of March 13th not gas, which means no heat, hot water, or cooking. I am not happy with the service that has been provide in this situation.

Profile pic of the author.

Reviewed Feb. 27, 2024

I've had a gas leak twice. First time they said my gauge was stuck but there's no way that much gas was used because I filled up and I only have a stove and a wall unit that I use for gas I've filled back up a month and a half and it's on half a tank again and they came out put a tag that say dangers and haven't said when they would be out. I'm spending money that I don't have to by food cause I can't cook and they still haven't gave me a day and haven't credit me for the first tank of gas because he only change the gauge. Now we're scared to do anything.

Customer ServiceInstallation & Setup

Reviewed Feb. 18, 2024

I had a 120 gallon tank that I rented and had filled once a year for years. This last time when I called to order a refill they wanted to hit me with a superfluous pressure test and a 50$ FEE. I installed the system myself. 1 tank, 1 pipe to one 20.000 btu propane heater to augment heating in winter. The installer, "____," who is a really nice and competent guy and who initially installed, and inspected the system told me that the local office in Tillamook, Or is closed. And it's all directed from some place in the state of WA now.

At any rate I refused to get fleeced and had Ferrellgas come and get the tank. I bought in the place of the large tank. Two smaller 100 lbs tanks that I can manhandle myself. I take and have them refilled one a year at a local station. I pay less per gallon, I no longer pay rent on a tank. And no hassles. Incidentally "____" told me the day he came to pick up the tank, that I was not the only one dissatisfied as he was heading straight down the street to remove yet another tank from another dissatisfied customer. Way to go Ferrellgas; It can't be too profitable to be rude to your customers.

Customer Service

Reviewed Feb. 9, 2024

I ordered propane in October and they rescheduled 3 times on the delivery date. I ordered again at the end of January, delivery date Feb 10 and was told they would have to reschedule this delivery. This is poor customer service.

Ferrellgas Company Information