Zipcar

• 2 stars0
    • 1 stars0

Compare Rental Cars

Research top Rental Cars recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Record a review about your experience with Zipcar:

Login to record a Video Review

Consumer Reviews & Complaints

They were very friendly. Anything I needed they did. Not a bit rude through the whole time. The first thing they did was greet me well. They had a smile and kept that smile all day. They made sure my needs were met. Anything I asked for they would try their hardest to achieve. I really would like to thank them. Another great thing was selection. They had everything. I gave them five stars because of that. I have never seen a company with the selections they had. If I were a company I would take all my advice from them to help my business grow to the highest rate possible.

Their value was ok. I mean i have seen better. But overall they were great. I would go to them anytime I would need them. I feel as if Im fully accepted there. They show me the utmost respect and care. I really love it all. Simplest checkout ever. I had not a single problem. They were there to help. I feel even if a problem were to occur that they could handle it fast and effectively. Absolutely amazing. Awesome.

Well the service was very exceptional. I would definitely use their services again in the future. I appreciate the way they helped me through the process without being too pushy. Great selection. Their selection of cars was way way way better than others. I felt like I was a very very rich man picking out a new car to buy for myself. Everyone should definitely consider using the services of this great organization. I highly recommend this to every one that is constantly on the go. The process was definitely great with checking out. I appreciated the ease of checkout. For someone who is constantly needing to move from place to place, I need that kind of reliability.

Decent people who are willing to help you out with any and all questions. Attentive to details. Able to get the best choice of vehicle for my particular needs during my visit. The staff were eager and willing to list for me all available makes and models which allowed me to choose from a variety of vehicles and make sure that it was the best option for me at the time. I have rented vehicles numerous times over the years and from a variety of different companies, and as far as I am concerned, the bigger the company, the more I pay. The checkout process was quick, easy, painless. To the best of my recollection, I was in and out in under ten minutes, and wasn't surprised with hidden fees.

Customer service representative was very friendly and efficient. Any questions I had were answered and things were well explained so I knew what to expect. I had no issue with the selections. I got something that suited my needs and had no issue with the vehicle. Everything went well and I was satisfied. The price was a bit higher than I would have liked, but the vehicle was well maintained and clean. The customer service made the slightly higher than expected price worth it. Check out was very easy. All I had to do was turn in my keys and sign a paper. They already had my payment details so that was taken care of.

Called and ordered a car to pick me up and they were there when I needed them to arrive. The customer service was very friendly on the phone and got all the information that they needed. Very happy with the opinion from from Zipcar. They are a very good company to work with. Everyone was very friendly on the phone. The prices were very reasonable and I think I would recommend them to family and friends. Will use the company again when I need a car. Speedy service when I went to the check out. Had the car ready and then presented my credit card and it went through right away. Had no problems with the company.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zipcar?

They were very kind and willing to help you if you needed it. Great customer service and great to work with. A plus all the way. Would highly recommend to my family and friends. They had great options to fit any budget and would really work with you if you needed it. Great selection of styles as well. Which is great and really cool and fun. Just wonderful all the way. Very good value. And very cost effective which is also great. Worth every penny. And that's great nowadays to be able to find something like that. Very fast and helpful and useful which is great. Can't find that just anywhere these days. Everyone is always so busy. Any way you can save a little time is great.

I felt that everyone I dealt with was competent and helpful. I found my experience to be pleasant and easy and was extremely satisfied with my experience. I was happy with my option choices and felt that any of my needs would have been met depending on what they were. Other companies I've used in the past did not have as vast of options. I'm someone who is always looking for a super cheap deal so this rating is hard for me but I still felt I got a good deal and it was worth the money for my great experience. I dread checkout times and am a very harsh critic when it comes to this but I was pleased with my experience with Zipcar. It was easy and painless!

Easy and personable and customer driven. Convenient enough and friendly associate on the phone. Answered all of my questions with no issue and I'd recommend them. This was easy enough because my school had only two cars but they were both new and nice and I enjoyed driving it to the airport to get a friend. Even to go the airport was like 10 dollars and that is a very very far drive from my school and since we could share between four people it was good value. Quick and easy and the app was convenient and easy to understand. Very user friendly and good to share fare between multiple riders in the car.

I was extremely satisfied with the customer service. They were so helpful and willing to work with me. The selection process was easy as was the rental process. The selection process was extremely easy. I was able to book my rental online and claim my car the next day. The car was clean and well taken care of. The value was great for the money. I plan to do this often because it's easy and cheap and totally worth the money. The checkout process was so easy for me to use. I was very satisfied with the whole process. I am definitely going to recommend Zipcar to all of my friends and family.

The customer service for the car I rented was adequate and exceed what I expected to receive from a company that I had never experimented with like Zipcar. When I arrived at the rental station, I was supplied with a variety of option which included many different cars in which I had never driven before. There was also no extra fee for whichever option I could choose. I'd say the value was much better than previously expected before I arrived at the car rental station. I felt as if I received a pretty good car for the amount of money I was willing to spend on the rental. The process of checking the car I wanted to purchase was good for the most part in terms of customer service but the amount of time it took to fully check out was a little bit below my expected standards.

A great way to get a car for just a day. I found the process quick and efficient. It was very easy to get a car for the day and I was very pleased with the car itself. Everyone I dealt with was nice and pleasant to deal with. I feel that there were enough options to make it an enjoyable experience. The choices were not as vast as at a traditional car rental agency but the ones I had to choose from were well taken care of, clean and seemed to be in good repair. I had no issues with the car I chose.

I have to say that being able to rent a car on an hourly basis was a very good experience for me. I was able to save quite a bit of money compared to having to rent from an agency. The car I used was very fuel efficient and it only cost me $8 in fuel for the time I used it. The check out process was easy and convenient. A very intuitive interface that is pretty standard. No surprises, simple and straightforward. I was completely happy with the way it worked and had no problems.

Expert Review

Lauren FixAutomotive Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix is an automotive expert who earned the title of The Car Coach, and is recognized throughout all forms of media as a woman with in-depth knowledge on vehicles, technology, automotive finance, repair and trends. Founder of Automotive Aspects, Inc., her understanding of automobiles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print and the internet. She writes a column for multiple outlets including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on all the major news and morning shows discussing the latest updates on cars that will help drivers of all ages learn to about cars and make smart decisions.    More about Lauren→

This ride share program is a smarter way to get around the city. Drive cars by the hour or day in neighborhoods, cities and airports across the globe. There are over 11,000 in their fleet.

• Benefits: Gas & insurance included. Save hundreds over car ownership.
  • Car Choices: Choose from sedans, hybrids, vans and more.
  • Cost: Membership starts as low as $7 per month.
  • How it works: Download the app, join and get your Zipcard. Then reserve your car on the app, online or by phone for a couple hours or for the day. Go to your car and hold your Zipcard to the windshield. The door unlocks and then drive away.
  • Locations: Major cities, airports and 300 university and college programs that are bases for expansion into individual and fleet membership in the surrounding city.
  • Best for Those with cars in repair and those who don’t own cars.

Compare Rental Cars