Zipcar

• 6%
  • 2%
  • 70%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zipcar?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zipcar?

Reviewed Jan. 28, 2024

This company is the worst I have ever dealt with. I was paying for my girlfriend's membership and she has found syringes in a car that she picked up from GA Tech's campus in a Kia Soul that was also damaged all down the side from a driver side swiping something, she picked up a car from Howell Mill that was a Chevy electric car - that one wouldn't turn off. Literally would not turn off and no way to charge the car, she picked up a car from State Street once that had empty liquor bottles under the driver's seat. Every car that she ever rented would have service needed lights on, they were all filthy. Then they locked her out of the last vehicle after she paid for another day, like 3 hours after taking the 99.95 out of the account and refused to let her back in.

They said that her account was under review. They wouldn't let her get her things out and then left the vehicle abandoned in the apartment complex for 72 hours. They were already tagged for towing, too bad they made it before the tow truck got here on the last day. If you like HORRIBLE customer service, risking being arrested for drugs or alcohol found in the cars from previous drivers, or being broke down because they don't maintain the cars then this company is for you! Honestly, just get a rental from a real rental company with the subscriptions they offer. You will save if you use the car for more than a few days a month and won't risk the felony drug charges that you may get using Zipcar! This company is a ripoff!

Customer ServicePricePunctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed Dec. 12, 2023

0 stars was not an option here FYI or I would have chosen that option. I will NEVER use Zipcar again. They charged me for a $150 parking ticket after they told me to park my car due to someone else also having a reservation so I did. They then charge me for a ticket due to the supposed other person never showing up. This dispute went on for over 3 months and I always had to call them and wait on hold for 20+ minutes to get updates. No one in customer service took notes on my account so every time I called I had to go over the entire story again. No one reached out with updates. Very unprofessional staff and they are not helpful or kind.

Customer ServicePunctuality & SpeedOnline & App

Reviewed Oct. 16, 2023

For three years I had an account. I was never late and always extended my trips when I saw I could, and there was oncoming traffic or something to that kin. I was in shock when I saw a $50 late charge. After their customer service was of zero help in getting it off, even after I told them we extended it, there was no one after us, and we were still there ten minutes after our initial drop-off time, they refused to look at any of the evidence that something went wrong in the app.

Verified purchase
    Customer ServiceCoveragePricePunctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed Oct. 12, 2023

My first time using this service, seemed like a great idea. When we got to the small lot there was only my car there, which had a flat tire! I called customer service for a replacement. They actually canceled my reservation even though I was on time for my pickup (I suspect the last customer reported the flat tire and they just cancelled my reservation instead of fixing it or notifying me about it). I needed the car then and was told a replacement would MAYBE be available the next day. We changed the tire right there to the spare and took the car after my reservation was reinstated. (I saw later that the new reservation was $85 more than my original!!!)

I was told that I could take the car and have the tire fixed and they would credit me $95. Mind you, they already billed me $85 more for my reservation, so my compensation was $10. I also thought I would be reimbursed for the repair of the tire, I was not. The compensation didn't even cover the $16 charge for the repair. The tire repair took 2.5 hours waiting time and still had a slow leak afterward. I also had to find a tire shop that was open on a Sunday (Costco was it). This impacted my trip greatly as we were not able to do what we had planned until this was fixed.

This is the most horrible company to deal with if you have any problems whatsoever. They do not take responsibility for the condition of their cars; they find ways to charge you more and will not reimburse for charges they should cover. The customer service agent told me that I accepted responsibility for everything once I took the car. That was not said to me when the other agent reinstated the reservation. The customer service agents are rude, hard to understand and do not explain things well. I will never rent with Zipcar again!! Avis is the parent company and will not respond to any problems. I would have rented with Budget, who is fantastic, but they were out of cars.

Staff

Reviewed Oct. 4, 2023

I agree with the long-time member reviewer who explained how much everything about Zipcar has gone downhill. I've been a member for about 15 years, and until about 2 years ago, it was fine. At that point, I began having every problem in the book and then some during literally every single Zipcar rental. My last rental went like this: We walked to the car (in an outside lot) and found that one of its windows had been smashed. Ok, not Zipcar's fault. We were sent to a second car a good 15-minute walk away, and it wasn't there. We were then sent to a third car another 20-minute walk away which was actually there, however it was missing the remote to open the gate of the unmanned parking lot upon return.

We had planned a 3-hour trip and booked a room, so we decided to go anyway. We then found that the car's AC wasn't working. The weather was 95-100+ degrees on our journey and the AC didn't work at all. This was over two months ago and my account is still suspended although at the time they agreed it wasn't my fault. All the rep in another country told me today is that "they hope to have an answer soon and they'll send me an email." Zipcar has become the absolute worst and I suspect they're losing all their business to Gig. They deserve to.

Customer ServiceOnline & App

Reviewed Oct. 3, 2023

Cars are not maintained customer service is terrible, yet they can automatically reach into your account. Today for example I got a car with absolutely no gas in it. I tried to call to switch to another car and no one answers the phone and there’s no way to do it on the app.

Profile pic of the author.
    Customer ServicePunctuality & SpeedOnline & AppStaff

Reviewed Aug. 12, 2023

Dear Zipcar,

After 15 years, I'm leaving you. You started out as my favorite date, showering me with a variety of cars (Jeeps, Minis, even a splashed-out Mercedes once), but now you're becoming boring and predictable with your Kias, Corollas and Hondas. You don't look after yourself, which is obvious from the grime, litter, animal fur (oh my god, so much animal fur), vape-smelling interiors, and constantly lit service light. You frequently cancel out on me at the last minute because of service issues, which I don't quite get - when it comes to regular service checks, why can't you block out that time in advance so that I know you are unavailable? Why do you let me schedule dates and then cancel at the last minute because your oil needs changing? I've told you before of the times we were out and your service light STAYED LIT THE WHOLE DATE.

But even worse, you've shut me out. Literally. When my last 10 dates in a row required calls to customer service to unlock the car at the start of my reservation, I began realizing we had problems. Customer Service is an overseas call room who tell me to delete the app and re-download. Kind of like those annoying IT people who, regardless the issue with your computer, asked if you "restarted" it. Do you know how many times I've stood lonely and cold (or hot, depending on the season) in a parking lot redownloading your app? Worried that I might get mugged after dark because I can't get into the car and I'm on hold for customer support?

For the last few months, I've started scheduling our dates with an extra 30 minutes because I know that I'm going to have to call customer support to deal with your problems. Today broke me. Not only would you not let me in (again, literally), but you repeatedly asked me to reset my password. Which I did 10 times to no avail. Resetting my password, clicking the link in the "password reset" email, deleting and downloading the app - I just experienced a 45-minute exercise of frustration and futility. So now I'm unable to get into my account, at least for the next 3-5 business days, which is what the second customer service rep told me (my call was "escalated" to rep #2 who did nothing but put me on hold again before telling me that I would get an email in a few days. Awesome).

And this outstanding customer service included the rep's suggestion that as it was the weekend, the app failed because too many people were hogging your platform. Mmmkay. There are only billions of people all over the world using apps every second of the day, but because it's Saturday, Zipcar's platform can't handle the usage. Makes total sense, said no one ever.

So, Zipcar, I'm quitting you. No more 45-minute calls to customer service that can't do anything more than offer me an extra 30 minutes of your time gratis, and who inexplicably cannot unlock you remotely. After 15 years of declining quality of cars, car cleanliness and customer service, I finally have the strength to leave you.

Reviewed Aug. 9, 2023

Zipcar is the worst. Their cars have terrible maintenance (I almost died on the road once when the tire came right off), dirty cars, horrible customer service. If you get stranded in the middle of the road because they don't keep up with the maintenance of their car you are basically on your on. They don't carry spare tires. They will send a tow truck and won't provide you with another rental car. They font offer you proper compensation for the inconvenience or lost time. Gas card is missing 90% of the time. Cars are all banged up, scratched up. They always have a "go see your dealer for maintenance" sign because the cars are so messed up. If you value the lives of you and family don't ride with Zipcar. Stay safe out there.

PricePunctuality & SpeedReliability

Reviewed July 30, 2023

I rented a car from Zipcar to go hiking in the mountain but its locking system was broken that we cannot unlock the car using Zipcar phone apps nor the Zipcar card which was supposed to lock and unlock cars when bluetooth or wifi is not available. My friends and I could not go anywhere but stay near the car in the mountain from afternoon to late at night to wait for promised roadside assistant provided by Zipcar which never came.

We finally had to leave the car because it was quite dangerous at night in the mountain. However, it took weeks for them to get the car back (we have urged them frequently because it is highly possible for some random guys to broke into the car in the mountain) and all our belongings which include some quite expensive items in the car were never given back to us.

We did not have to pay the trip but we were only compensated the $100 driving credit (not real cash) when all our belongings were way more expensive, and that credit also got expired just within one or two months without any notification at all when they gave the credit. I am really upset by the whole service, and I would not recommend people to get a membership from this company. The whole experience was very dangerous, and the system they were proud of is not reliable at all as I have heard my friends have similar issues as well. It is convenient to rent a Zipcar but there are better and more reliable options out there.

Reviewed July 18, 2023

I paid for the membership for a year on accident, despite never using it since I signed up. I understand that was my mistake, but the service is unusable in Houston. They only refunded one month of the service when I finally got around to cancelling. I hate Zipcar now, and I will do anything in my power to hurt the company. They should have refunded more than that. It's just free money for them, and I am pissed that they got over on me.

Punctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed July 1, 2023

I have rented a car from Zipcar perhaps four to five times. I am a responsible person and have always returned the vehicle on time and in perfect condition. I was 5 minutes late and they refuse to disregard a $50 late fee. They will not take it off. That is absolutely ridiculous. That is absolutely no way to treat your customers. They said I did not return my vehicle in a timely manner and in the tone I did not appreciate as if I was some irresponsible child. They even verified it was only 5 minutes late. That is absolute **.... Standard American capitalism. Screw the consumer as long as owners make big bucks. They do not care about you.... Do not rent from this company.

Further, all of the vehicles in which I rented in the past were not impressive in any way. I would think they'd be able to buy really nice Vehicles given how much they take in from ridiculous late fees. I hate this company. Never again. I don't even have an option to give them zero Stars. I have to pick at least one. I hope this company is forced to shut down. They don't deserve to deal with customers.

Customer ServicePriceStaff

Reviewed June 29, 2023

Never had a problem until they cancelled my membership because they stated the car wasn’t returned at its location & then charge me $50 fee. I called to get my membership back. This is the email I get: "Thank you for reaching back out regarding your account closure. We perform account reviews periodically and we have made the difficult decision to close your account. We understand this news may not be pleasant to receive, but please be aware that this decision is final and cannot be reversed. Again, we hope you continue to seek out other sustainable means of transportation in the future." You ask to talk to a manager over the phone you have to email them. You're only speaking with customer service agent which they're not helpful.

PriceStaff

Reviewed June 6, 2023

I received the difficult news that a family member was in critical condition, and I needed to find a car at the last minute so I could rush out to the hospital (located about an hour and a half outside the city) and say goodbye. I’d recently heard about Zipcar and figured I’d give them a shot. After submitting my application, I realized I’d entered the wrong card information. No biggie, I figured I could resubmit with the correct card details once my application had been rejected.

Well, evidently not. According to the individual from Zipcar’s application team I spoke with, “If your application is rejected for any reason, you cannot submit a new one and you will never be able to use Zipcar.” Harsh. And given the devastating news I’d received that day, this compounded the stress I was under. I ended up using Turo and had a wonderful experience. Turo actually ended up being significantly cheaper because it didn’t make me pay an application fee or sign up for a membership. $54 for an 8-hour rental with Turo versus the $153 it would’ve been with Zipcar. If Zipcar doesn’t want my money, that’s fine by me. There are much better services out there.

Profile pic of the author.
    Verified purchase
    CoveragePrice

Reviewed May 22, 2023

Zipcar rejected my application even if I have a valid license. They are indeed modern thieves that steals $25 from their customers without providing any service. Seems like that is what they always do to their potential customers. I have seen many complaints like this on social media, and I will help spread the word using my knowledge as a marketing expert. I understand how much it will cost to cover this negative WOM. I hope such practice can help them understand the cost of earning a free $25 is more than 100X of $25. Listen, Zipcar managers, my friend, I do not care about losing $25, but you should care about making your potential valued customer losing $25.

Reviewed May 20, 2023

Why is no one doing anything about this company taking people's money? I signed up last night and this morning realized there are never any cars available in my area. I called them this morning, no answer, put on hold for almost an hour, cancelled my Zipcar subscription and closed my account, sent them an email and no reply. So they took 28 dollars plus another 10 dollars and intend on keeping it for my 12 hr signup regret… I’ve read through a lot of reviews and they do this on a regular, why has nothing been done who can hold these trash companies accountable!!!!

Punctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed May 5, 2023

First time rental went well, second time around they withdrew and charged me A late fee of $50 plus tax. This all occurred 4/24/2023. I’ve been trying to dispute this till this day and they’re refusing to help. Now I have no choice but to report them to Better Business Bureau and more than likely, take them to court. Oh they got the wrong person to mess with my hard earned money. At first when I spoke to a representative, she said, I returned the car to the wrong location…wait, What?! I lived in the Bronx all my life. If it’s true you have a GPS in the car, how can’t you tell the location??? Then the second representative said, I returned the car to the right location, but it was late. It affected the next member from renting. REALLY??? How I took a cab back to the garage and the car was there. I took pictures. Oh yeah… I have a case that WILL be solved! Save your money and time! DO NOT rent from this company.

Reviewed Feb. 21, 2023

I had a scenario wherein I booked a ride and got charged $82.64. I, unfortunately, could not ask for a refund on the day and after life got in the way, took a few months to finally get on a call to ask for a refund. I did not even touch the car or open the ride and despite it being a one-off situation, I did not get a refund or a single penny back. Spoke to a rep and a supervisor and it was bad. They did not even provide me a link to put in a customer review. Horrible service. They love to keep their consumer's money lol. Their policy states you have to cancel before 3 hours...OK, cool, but what if you are running to a hospital, or something else got in the way? Canceled my membership with them. Use a GIG and have a much better experience. Thanks.

Customer ServiceContract & TermsPunctuality & SpeedOnline & AppStaff

Reviewed Jan. 17, 2023

Do not waste your time, and just use a traditional car rental company instead. This company has a great idea for a product and could have had a lifetime consumer. However, they've been nothing short of a nightmare to deal with. I successfully rented a car 8 months ago and on the FIRST rental had an issue where the car would not lock when I returned it. I called their help line and they told me to leave the car unlocked and they would look into it. At that point, I was not using the account enough, so I cancelled the subscription with plenty of notice before the next month's bill.

This month, I thought that I would give them a second chance because it sounded more convenient than picking up a car at an agency. However, their online system would not approve my license and did not tell me why. I independently searched their eligibility requirements, and I met the criteria because I paid on time, did not damage the car I rented, have not been in any accidents, and have a valid driver's license. So, I reached out to their help desk, which is when the bulk of the issues occurred.

I talked to five different people who all told me something different over a two week period. The first person told me to add my credit card information to my account. So I did, but their website simply did not work and would not allow me to click the "finish application button". Then I called their general help phone number. The representative was friendly but clearly wasn't trained to help with IT related issues. So he told me that the only way to activate my account was to send a pictures of all my personal documents (license, passport, etc.) OVER EMAIL and that this was the only way to reactivate my account.

I tried to say I did not feel comfortable sending this over email, but I eventually caved against my better judgement. Then I got an email back from a new customer service person saying the issue was that my account was locked so they had deleted my original account and needed me to create a completely new account and pay another fee. So I called a second time. Again, the representative was polite but clearly did not know how to help me and simply told me to go ahead and create a new account. I went ahead and tried to do so, but I was not approved again. So I called a third time and talked to another representative on the phone who said she did not know how to help. So, she referred me back to the specialized group that could only be contacted via email.

This time they sent me a generic email saying that my license was blocked due to either "delinquent on membership fees, closed for viability (late returns, violations, damages, etc.), failure to agree with the terms and agreements, or failure to pay the application fee. At this point, I am FUMING because I paid every bill from the original rental 8 months ago, did not damage their car, and it seems incredibly fishy that they conveniently told me this after two weeks and 3+ hours of filtering through their customer service groups. The only thing I can come up with is that the monthly fee didn't get charged correctly in the process of closing my original account or something went wrong with the car locking issue on the first rental, and neither of those were my fault.

-A middle class 25 year old who lives downtown without a car and has nearly perfect credit.

Customer ServiceReliability

Reviewed Jan. 17, 2023

Just make sure you never travel without the physical Zipcar. I was running errands, walk out of the store and all of a sudden the car is "offline," thus locked and I am unable to get in. I call customer service thinking they can unlock it remotely. They cannot. The guy said he was going to call Roadside Assistance, put me on hold and then ultimately hung up.

I had to take an Uber back to my house, pick up the card, and Uber back to the store. Meanwhile, I called customer service again and asked that at the minimum could they refund the cost of the trip? The response was that it needed to be escalated. Huh?? So the car goes offline, by no fault of mine, I'm standing outside in 30 degree weather waiting for this customer service guy like 30 mins for him to ultimately hang up the call. Customer service is TRASH. This service is unreliable and they really need to make some changes. Clearly I should have read the myriad one star reviews before signing up. I repeat, UTTER TRASH.

Customer ServicePunctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed Jan. 8, 2023

I returned the car on time only to find that someone was in the designated spot. I stayed on the phone with agents for 20 mins trying to find another spot nearby only for Zipcar to charge me a late fee because I had then past the return time. They weren’t willing to overturn the fee.

Reviewed Dec. 31, 2022

Borrowed a Toyota Corolla. Lots of damage on the exterior. Equal amount of damage on the interior. Worse of all, brakes made a super loud sound when applied. Felt like the brake pads were fully worn out. Really long braking distance. Shocking they would rent out a vehicle in this condition, putting customer's safety at risk. When contacted customer service, was bounced from one agent to another. Finally one agent said that a previous customer reported issue with the brakes before, but they still did not fix it. But allowed the vehicle to be in service. Shocking!!! Even a warning was on the dash that the vehicle requires maintenance. When I requested a refund, the rude lady said they don’t issue refunds. Garbage company.

Reviewed Dec. 23, 2022

This company denies the application of African Americans. Apparently, we’re all broke and incapable of payment. Customer service was trash. Please avoid at all costs! Find another company to rent from.

Reviewed Oct. 30, 2022

They make you think if the fuel card doesn’t work or it is missing, you can easily fuel the car yourself and get reimbursed. But when you actually do it, you find out ***reimbursements are not that easy with Zipcar.*** I got a car the other day and it didn’t have any gas in it, so I had to refuel. I find a gas station, but ***the fuel card was missing*** so I just ***used my own credit card at the cashier*** since the fuel station just prompted “pay inside” and even after a few attempts with different cards didn’t work, so I paid inside and refueled the car. The next day, when I called them to get reimbursed, they say it is ***per-paid*** and they ***wouldn’t reimburse!!!*** That easy!!! I am really done with them!!!

Punctuality & SpeedOnline & App

Reviewed Oct. 13, 2022

First, Zip does not alert you if a car is not in its assigned spot. When you drive to the spot where the app tells you the car is located, you'll have to call support and ask where the car is. Zip may modify your start time, but you are on the hook for returning the car to the assigned spot, then getting yourself back to the alternate spot where you left/parked your car. This sounds like a similar issue to the flat tires and other repairs being dumped on the customer mentioned by other posters here.

Customer ServicePrice

Reviewed Oct. 11, 2022

I was interested in Zipcar after seeing cars were advertised for $10/hour. I signed up, paid the $25 application fee, and was ready to book. Then I realized there was not a single car that was actually $10/hour. At this point I did what I should have done before and looked through Zipcar's reviews, and to my disappointment, realized the company is flooded with negative reviews, reports on the Better Business Bureau, and even has one star on the Better Business Bureau's website. I contacted them to cancel my membership and refund my application fee.

I started with customer service within 12 hours, and they said they can cancel my membership but cannot refund the $25 application fee which they claim was used to obtain my driving record. I went on to speaking to a supervisor, who also did not refund the $25, and ultimately I contacted the CEO Tracey Zhen by email. Tracey ignored me and blocked my email (below is an image of the email I got notifying of the block).

For one, it does not cost $25 to obtain a driving record, and two, it demonstrated poorly on their company that they would not mitigate the matter considering the circumstances. The fact that they (including their CEO who refused to even give me the time of day to respond) were unwilling to mitigate the matter, especially when one of my concerns was their poor reviews, demonstrated to me that they are in fact a low quality company. Will not be using Zipcar and I hope the countless people who had to spend tons of money out-of-pocket due to Zipcar cars' issues without compensation take them to court. Awful company.

Customer ServiceOnline & App

Reviewed Oct. 6, 2022

I rented a car from the San Diego airport. Despite leaving several photo and text notices via the app both that night and the following morning that the car had issues I received no response. The car was rented with an UNSAFE temporary tire installed and I returned it early due to the extent of the danger. Temporary tires are only good for 50 miles and even with notice the company did not reach out. The car also had damage to the trunk and bumper, and a dirty interior. I had to contact CS via phone on my third attempt to connect with the company.

Zipcar CS tried to find me a new car, and upon returning the car and taking a (no charge reimbursed) taxi to a new location, that second car also had caution light warnings on the dashboard and large cigarette burns in the seats. Unacceptable. CS refuses to reimburse for unsafe rental conditions despite it being against the law in California to rent unsafe vehicles, and instead blamed me for not reaching out earlier despite several attempts via the app.

Customer ServicePriceOnline & App

Reviewed Sept. 26, 2022

Zipcar is pricey compared to a rental, but I was still willing to give it a chance due to the convenience of the service. However, convenience is not worth it if you keep getting surprised by bills that you have no control over. Here is what happened: we have booked a car that wasn’t park in its location on the app. We found it on a different location and used. When it was time to return it, we noticed that there were roadworks on the original location in the app, so we left it in the same place where we found it.

2 MONTHS LATER we get an amount discounted from our credit card for a parking fine + (30 dollars!!!) fee for the processing of the fee by Zipcar. Zipcar alleges that we parked in the wrong location and since we were the last people to use the car before the fine, it falls on us. There’s no argument possible since this happened 2 months ago, it’s hard to prove anything happened, money is gone from the card and the bill has been paid by Zipcar to the city of Cambridge. It’s a completely non transparent process and customer service is useless. Cancelled the subscription. Never again.

Reviewed Sept. 19, 2022

While Zipcar can be a very convenient (though pricey) option for car share/rental, they unfortunately apparently have a policy of not reimbursing flat tires on their own cars, at the same time that their standards of maintenance of tires are poor. I had to spend my own time and money getting two tires replaced (one went flat on the freeway, and the other was "blooming", meaning it was at the verge of exploding, and dangerous to drive with). When I called Zipcar later for a reimbursement, they flatly refused, saying that their policy was not to reimburse repairs. So be forewarned, if something happens to the car while you're using it that's not your fault, you'll be responsible for the costs and labor associated with that.

Customer ServicePunctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed Aug. 31, 2022

Zipcar failed to notify me about a penalty ticket which was then passed to DEBT COLLECTORS. Which I found out 12 months (!!!) after the incident. I ended up paying c.£300 for the offense I was not even aware of. August 2021: I had a rental with Zipcar. Apparently, had a traffic offense which I was not notified about back then. August 2022: I'm getting a paper letter from a debt collector agency saying I have an outstanding debt of c.£300.

It turned out that Zipcar failed to notify me about the penalty ticket back in 2021. Therefore, it was not paid on time and ended up with debt collectors.

Which I figured out only in August 2022, 1 year after the incident. Zipcar support was absolutely horrendous. First, they general support were taking ages to connect me to the relevant team (violations), even though I had a hard deadline with the collectors (1 week left) which I emphasised to them several times.

And them the violations team showed no interest in and understanding of my situation, even though it was clearly caused by a flaw in their notification procedure. Needless to say, it took us 5-6 email interactions until I finally saw the scanned copy of the actual penalty ticket I had to pay for. CONCLUSION: I have been Zipcar customer for nearly 4 years, using them very often and spreading a good word within my circle.

They've now effectively robbed me for £300, and have made me through humiliating experience of having and paying the collectors' debt. The worst of all, they did not even admit any flaws from their side, and showed no respect and compassion. With regret, I'm now closing my account and will make sure my case is known to as many existing users as possible, so that they are aware of what risks they are actually exposed to. I'm happy to provide the debt collectors' enforcement notice and the penalty ticket with dates and all the details upon request.

Sourav increased rating by 2 stars.
    Customer ServiceStaff
    After a positive interaction with Zipcar, Sourav increased their star rating on Aug. 30, 2022.

Updated review: Aug. 30, 2022

Edit: Zipcar issued a refund today.

Original Review: Aug. 25, 2022

Recently, Zipcar ended its service in Blacksburg (less than 3 months after my yearly membership was renewed). When I requested a prorated refund, they said it was not in their policy to refund the membership fee. The customer service representative said that, "We understand you should get a refund because Zipcar has stopped providing service, however, as per our policy, we can not issue a refund." In the end, they registered my complaint but it has been over 2 weeks and I have not received any response from them. Be careful doing business with fraud companies with a ** policy.

Zipcar Company Information