2. Travel
  3. Rental Cars

3.2/5 (770 ratings)

About Zipcar

Zipcar Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zipcar?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zipcar?

Original review: July 2, 2020

On 07.01.2020, I reserved a car for the day. On the day of the car was not there. After waiting on the line for over an hour, the Customer Service Rep informed me that the vehicle was reported to be having car issues by the person that rented it before me. At 10:23 am on 07.01.2020, I received an email that stating my reservation was cancelled. Later that same day, I reviewed my Zipcar account to see if I was being charged, I had not been.

On 07.02.2020, I checked my bank account to my surprise, I had been charged. At that point, I called Zipcar again and waited yet again for over an hour before I was able to speak with someone. After a long a circular conversation, they've stated that it will take 3-5 business day before I can get a refund. My concern is the length of time. As previously mentioned my Zipcar account has a $0 balance. So why was I charged in the first place. If you are not a member of Zipcar, be cautious. Note this is my third time renting a car and this is the second time having issues with them.

Original review: June 28, 2020

Do not become members of this car share rental. Zipcar should be completely shut down. I've been a member for a few years. Twice they screwed me on the 4th of July weekend. 1st time they inform me the day before of my rental not being available. They manage to get me a car only because I was highly pissed off and was literally screaming and cursing through the phone. Today June 28 2020 six day before my family gathering I was forced to cancel my car rental and on top of all that I have rented a house for over $2000 which I may not be able to go if I don't find a car in time.

If I don't go to my family gathering I will not get my house rental funds back. NO REFUNDS ALL BECAUSE OF ZIPCAR! Zipcar did not notify me about my car not being available. No email, phone not even a text. When asked why was I not notified I was told a bogus excuse which really pissed me off. Zipcar literally forced me to cancel my rental. I terminated my membership with them right there and then never will used them ever again.

Original review: June 27, 2020

As a 15 year member of Zipcar, I'm horrified by the deterioration of their service and reliability. We've been messed up every time we've reserved over the past several months, and it's virtually impossible to contact customer service. I've had enough and hope we can find a good alternative in NYC.

Original review: June 22, 2020

I rented a car for 4:30 to see my father on Father's Day. The car had not been returned and so after 1 hour on hold with customer service, they said, "Oops, we had to change it, so we changed your car to 7!" So, we waited around for 2 hours to get the next car at 7 and guess what, it never got returned so there was no car for us to use! We spent another hour on hold with customer service, never spoke to anyone, waited 45 min. to see if the car got returned and then, having wasted 3 hours we cancelled our plan. What a horrible Father's Day and what a horrible company. We still have not been able to get anyone on the phone for over 3 hours. Even if it were free, I would not use them again, unless I actually want to miss my outing. The company should be shut down.

Original review: June 20, 2020

In the 3 weeks since we signed up for Zipcar, we have had 2 cars cancelled the morning of our trip, and 2 cars not at their garage when we went to pick them up. The customer service line is useless - because by the time you wait multiple hours on hold (seriously), you’ve probably already missed out on your trip. This service is an absolute disaster right now in New York, and is basically stealing your monthly fee. Please, stay away and avoid the headache of having to cancel your membership.

Original review: June 18, 2020

I've only used Zipcar once, REPEAT ONCE!! And the car was EXTREMELY unsafe to drive. Check engine light was on, steering wheel shaking, it was 56,000 miles PAST an oil change, I called. They only credited 10 dollars toward my next trip which I never used because I wasn't going through that again (this was May 28th) THEN never used it again but they were still charging me 141 dollars here and another 247 there that I NEVER AUTHORIZED! I even called Zip and spoke to a supervisor who also DID NOTHING! Thank the Lord my bank disputed the CHARGES. Overall ABSOLUTELY do not recommend not even for one hour, they don't care about their customers nor have common customer service knowledge. You have better chance getting Uber and Lyft even A TAXI!

Original review: June 14, 2020

Zipcar has disappointed me five times in the past months; this included me picking up cars to find such issues; huge dents, a shattered side mirror, interior filthy, sticky; with ** odor. THE LAST CAR I DROVE NOT TOO FAR HAD A DONUT FRONT LEFT TIRE. I’ve had cars switched to another location a few hours before my pick up. The last few times I called to complain, I’ve been on hold for 30 mins to get a $20 credit toward the next reservation. If you need to make an appointment or plan to attend an important occasion skip this service; you may find yourself screwed. There has to be better monitoring on these cars.

Original review: June 12, 2020

-No such thing as a car in minutes, because there are never any cars available; and when there is one, it's an hour+ to get to it. -Advertises as low as $10/hr or $88.25/day. I've seen nothing close. F-

Original review: June 10, 2020

Zip car has been a nightmare for me for the past 5 days! First I go to pick up my car and it’s not there. It took 4 hours for me to get through to customer service and once I did they gave me a refund and $20 in driving credit. An hour later I booked another car so I could get where I needed to go only for me to go pick up the car and discover that the battery in the car was completely dead. This company is nothing but a scam trap!! I plan to cancel my membership immediately.

Original review: June 9, 2020

These cars don’t get maintenance checks, I took a Uber to a location have being told the car was good. I got there to a dead car, I walk to a gas station to put fuel bc they told me that was the problem. The car still didn’t turn on. I wasn’t reimbursed for the gas, my Uber or the inconvenience. But they have the nerve to charge a $20 membership. Beside that wait times to get someone on the phone is over 30 mins. God forbid an accident.

Original review: June 1, 2020

Worst Customer Service-Cars are FILTHY (during Covid outbreak and before)- Cars are NOT maintained!! My husband and I have been using Zipcar for years and if I could give it O STARS I would!!It was bad enough that before the Corona Virus pandemic would we get cars that were absolutely filthy -both interior & exterior.

However, during the Pandemic, we were told that the cars were would be cleaned and sanitized after every use- NOT TRUE!! Today- June 1st- we went to pick up a car that was not only filthy, but filled with garbage from the previous driver! In addition, every single light lit up (low tire pressure, issues with brakes, steering, etc.) This is NOT ACCEPTABLE especially during the pandemic when keeping things clean and sanitized are a matter of life and death. After waiting 30 minutes, we reached a customer rep and were disconnect with NO CALL back! This will ABSOLUTELY be our last time renting from Zip Car. I would rather pay a bit more and know that I am getting a well maintained, clean, sanitized car.

Original review: May 23, 2020

I have been a member of Zipcar for the past 9 years. Since this fall, I have reserved 3 zipcars and have had major problems with all of them! In the fall, I was out of town in the car when I got a message that the car booking was canceled, then rebooked for a new car that was back in the city. I was somehow charged for both and had to spend loads of time with customer service sorting this out!! The gas card also never worked.

Then today, my car was somehow randomly canceled for a reservation we made a week ago for tomorrow. When I called and requested a new car, they said they had none available that could hold 12 people and the van that we had reserved for 12 people could never hold 12 people in the first place and is just a cargo van, even though the website said and still says that it has 12 seats! How could the system be so incredibly bad and the excuses be even worse! I'm disgusted by this! And they even canceled my booking and then charged me my membership fee on the same day!?!

Original review: April 27, 2020

On the website it stated you can add a driver at no cost to me the (primary account holder). Not so. I was charged for a $25 application fee immediately and I couldn’t even finish the application because the website stated there was a bump in the road try again later. They refused to give me my money back so I cancelled my membership. I never got to rent not one car but been paying the membership And insurance fee for the past 3 months. I’m glad I never rented one after reading how bad the cars are. I’m glad there are other options. Hello Enterprise.

Original review: April 25, 2020

I signed up for a $50 "pre-paid" per month account in 2016 to get 10% off my rides. Since this year, in 2020, I'm going to be using them less, I called them to switch plans. That's when I noticed that none of the $50 monthly charges had ever been applied to rides I had taken -- for four years! They had charged me about $2400 that was supposed to go to rides but then double billed me. At this point I thought Zipcar would admit they made a mistake, apologize and refund my money. When I phoned the person on the phone agreed that they had overcharged me for years. The person on the phone then applied the current month's $50 prepayment to a ride I had recently taken and said Zipcar would get back to me in a couple days. They didn't call, they didn't write.

When I called to find out the status of my refund, not the $50 but closer to the $2400 they had overcharged me over 4 years, they emailed and said they were looking into it further, would give me a $700 credit for future rides, and get back to me. Logically, this was imperfect, because I might or might not want to take these rides. Why credits? What business overcharges you and when you point it out they don't return the money but instead give you a gift certificate for a smaller amount? However, this gave me some hope. I tried to reply, but it was a no reply address, which in this case should have been a red flag. They never got back to me. So 3 days later I phoned.

My trust in them was now low and diminishing. I said it was closer to $2400 and that I wanted the money back, not the credits, because this money was never theirs to take in the first place. The deal was unless I didn't use Zipcar in a given month, the $50 was supposed to be used as pre-payment for rides I took. Although I took rides every month with few exceptions, they never deducted $50 for any bill except this last month when I pointed it out. This had gone on for about 4 years. Finally, I asked, even if it was going to be credits, why $700 and not closer to $2400? They said the case had been marked closed, so that's why they'd not gotten back to me. Another red flag. However, the person I was talking to said they would reopen the case and mark it the highest priority, because they saw my point. So, again, they said they'd call and sort this out, this time for sure, but I never got a call, or another email.

I noticed that in all these calls, they never apologized, and they never called back, even though on the second call, the person on the phone had said, the $50 charges (every month for about 4 years) "were supposed to go to your account but they did not...I understand you need your money back." The fact that Zipcar 1) never apologized 2) were dishonest about call backs and 3) are still refusing to return the money they took. Naturally, I no longer trust this company. Their taking my money dishonestly and refusing to return it is not an accident. It appears to be part of a dishonest business model. They lie and steal for profit, and this is why their credits are worthless to me. I will not drive in a car that is owned by a company that I do not trust, a company that steals your money and refuses to return it when caught. Can you imagine how you would be treated if you were ever in an accident? Do not use Zipcar. It is not worth the risk.

Original review: April 3, 2020

I signed up for Zipcar so that I could rent a car for my trip the following day. Upon completion of registering online, I was told that a physical card would be mailed to me within a week. I immediately called a Zipcar to see if I could have my membership ID over the phone so I could unlock a car with the app, and when he said that wasn't an option, I asked him to cancel my account since I would be unable to use it as planned.

Come to find out weeks later, I was charged a $25 application fee, which that support rep failed to inform me about. I called back to request a refund on this due to my previous conversations, which they declined and then I requested to reactivate my account since I already paid the $25 fee, which they also declined. Said I'd need to re-apply.

I have never been felt so taken advantage of by a company. Fortunately it's just $25, but after a Google search I'm noticing there are tons of people with the same story. Hope this review helps someone else make more informed decisions than I was. Better yet, hope this review steers others to use more ethical companies for car rental needs.

Original review: March 16, 2020

I rented a car from Zipcar out of Union Station, Washington DC. Two parts to the review - problems with Zipcar the company, and problems with Union Station. First, there were no signs anywhere in the station saying where Zipcar was located (although there were a handful of signs for other companies and competitors!). The app told me the car was on the 3rd level of the garage, but there were no Zipcar signs on the third level. And two Union Station employees had no clue - one of them sent me down to the first level. Finally after I called Zipcar they set off the car alarm remotely and I found the car.

But the car transponder was weak and the lane's exit arm would not raise when I drove up. So I called Zipocar, they had me call Union Station, which went to voicemail. I drove around and found another exit lane and there was an employee who paged the manager and they remotely opened the arm so I could drive out the lane. But two levels down there was another exit lane that did not work. This time I buzzed on the speaker and someone let me out. 35 minutes delay. Exiting onto H Street the traffic light did not work so after 5 minutes several of us went through the red light to exit the station.

Upon return there were NO signs for Zipcar (again there were signs for "rent-a-car" and other companies). There was a problem and Union Station employees were manually telling drivers where to go - iafter being misdirected and told to back out, I was told to go in the standard entrance and take a ticket, which I did. I returned the car, 1 minute early. Zip car at Washington DC has NO staff, NO signs, and limited support. I have rented from Zipcar in DC in the past without a problem, but this time was the worst. BTW the car (Honda HR-V) was fine. Never again from Union Station (even though I know the drill now, it's not worth it).

Original review: March 1, 2020

Using Zipcar over the course of the last month has been a nightmarish, kafkaesque farce. I used zipcar prior to the acquisition in 2013 and found it use easy to use and convenient. Remembering that experience, I recently re-activated and thought I'd give it another try. My mistake. I have rented two cars from zipcar since then, or rather tried to rent two cars. Zipcar saw to it that I didn't actually get either of them.

For the first rental, I had somewhere to be early Saturday morning. As I was heading out the door at 7:30 a.m., I got a call from zipcar informing me that my car that I had reserved weeks in advance was, in fact, not available. There were no cars available in Manhattan, but I was free to pick up an alternative car in Staten Island, two hours away. Thankfully, a professional car rental service (i.e., not zipcar) had plenty of cars available, and I was able to complete my trip. Thanks, Dollar Car Rental.

At this point, I foolishly decided to give zipcar one last try. I think you know where this is going. I went to my scheduled pickup location at 6 p.m. last Friday, which took an hour to get to. My zipcar was not in the assigned spot. In fact, it was not anywhere in the parking lot. Weird! I called zipcar, who seemed slightly confused why I was calling. Their attitude seemed to suggest that it was my problem, not theirs, if the car that I had paid hundreds of dollars to rent was not (technically speaking) available to drive. They offered to call the current renter of the car to figure out where it was and get back to me within 15 minutes. I don't think I need to tell you that I never got a call back or heard anything further about where this car was despite multiple follow-up calls. I hope they've located it, and the drivers did not use it for some sort of "Thelma and Louise" type scenario.

Although several hours late at this point, I finally agreed to backtrack an hour into Manhattan to pick up an alternate zipcar. When I arrived in Manhattan, my card did not unlock my replacement car. I spent 30 minutes on the phone with various representatives who -- if this is possible -- were even sassier and less helpful than the representatives I spoke to before. Finally, we were able to get this car unlocked. I was repeatedly promised that this car would be billed to me at the price of the original car, not the replacement. I think you will be unsurprised to learn that when I looked at the bill this morning, it was at the (much higher) price for the replacement car. It took two weeks of calls threatening to file fraud charges to get this overcharge reversed. As soon as it did, I immediately canceled. I have never been happier about never having to use such a worthless, fraudulent service again.

Original review: Feb. 29, 2020

Their service is horrible. There are never cars available and just when you think you found 1, you book it only for it not to be at its destination and a sorry from a representative saying there was nothing they can do. No cars were available anywhere else. No notifications saying your vehicle was not returned by the previous renter. I was so upset I had to reschedule my whole trip. I canceled my membership, I will never re-activate my Zipcar membership.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2020

I subscribed Zipcar to rent a car but as soon as I was charged 25 dollars for their "application fee", their website went down and the service wasn't available anymore. As I had to rent a car through another platform I asked them to refund me but they answered me with an automatic message that "the application fee is nonrefundable". I replied that I don't accept their answer as the site was down and they never answered me again. I feel upset and I has never been treated like that in the US. The only thing I can recommend you is to run away from this awful service.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2020

I could have cut and pasted most of the review by Melissa of Cambridge. I loved Zipcar at first, but now:

1. Substitutions are constantly made for cars I reserved.
2. Zipcar has cancelled 2 of my last 3 reservations with only 24-hours notice. With that little notice, any possibility of getting a substitute car have evaporated.
3. The gas cards don't work on some of the modern pumps.

4. The cars are not properly maintained and warning lights are frequently lit.

I would like Zipcar to work. I hope they can get their act together.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2020

My husband and I have been Zipcar members since nearly the beginning. The company started in our neighborhood and we thought it was the greatest thing since sliced bread. It enabled us to get rid of both of our cars, live more environmentally consciously and save money. But now, I absolutely hate them and the fact that there are no competitors in our area. If there were, I would dump them in a second. It pains me to say this because I was such a fan and promoted them to all of my friends for years.

It has gotten to the point where I cannot trust that I will actually be able to get into a car when I reserve one. The last several times I have reserved a car, I get there only to find that it will not open and they have no record of my reservation. Sometimes it goes over to my husband's account and other times it just disappears, or they have cancelled it for some inexplicable reason.

My last reservation was the absolute worst. I was unable to unlock the car, so had to call customer service. The poor man who answered got the brunt of my frustration and, as much as he tried, wasn't able to get me into the car for 45 minutes. I stood out in the cold all this time and ended up late for a doctor's appt. But it didn't end there. When I went to get back in the car to get to a second appt., I was locked out with all of my stuff inside. This time, the customer service agent I got was not at all interested in helping and just kept repeating that he had no record of the reservation, even though the car was clearly in a different location. I ended up have to take a Lyft to and from the other appointment and then calling Zipcar again so I could get into the car to get it back--a call that took another 25 minutes.

I asked that customer service agent to have a manager call me so we could resolve this issue and so I could arrange to be reimbursed for the Lyft. Nothing. When I called, I was told that they couldn't even talk to me. My husband, as the main account holder, would have to call. We have a joint account! When I asked if they could give me the name and direct line for a manager so he would not have to wait on hold, they said they could not. I asked the agent to pass along my feedback to his manager. He simply said, 'no'. Zipcar, if you are reading this, get your act together. These two long-time customers are planning to drop you and switch to good old fashioned rental cars.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2020

I just signed up for the annual membership thinking this was going to provided unlimited usages, however that’s not the case. You pay for a membership and then you are charged hourly or daily for the vehicle. The website wasn’t very clear about this. I thought it was you either pay for a membership or you select the hourly/day rate. After I called Customer Service as I could not figure out how to reserve a car, I was informed I had to wait 5-7 business days to active my account, which was not stated and I needed the vehicle for today.

After getting all the information about how Zipcar works with its rates and not being able to get the car in a timely manner I requested to cancel my membership and I felt I was misinformed about what they were offering. Come to find out they was also a $25 application fee that I was also not aware of and is nonrefundable. I asked if they could waive that fee as I based my purchased on unclear information by Zipcar, and they informed me they was nothing they could do. Very disappointed with customer service and this overall experience. If they would have provided clear information on their website I would have never signed up.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2020

I never received the card you need to use their cars, so I asked for a refund. They only refunded the $7 monthly membership fee (which would've already been available with their 30 day trial) but they will not refund the $25 application fee, for a service I was never able to use because of them. They could do this for every new applicant, keep the fee and never actually do anything. Insane customer service.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2020

Unless I reserve a car days in advance of need, I rarely find a Zipcar car available. Too few cars kept near my home to make my membership practical. I have called Zipcar over the past three years to complain of this issue, but vehicle available has not improved.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2020

I have been a Zipcar member for over 10 years and reserve cars maybe a couple of times a year. I must have forgotten my password or typed it in wrong and decided to change my password and create a new one. I went through the steps, created a new password, logged in just fine and then when I attempted to reserve a car for the next day morning, the webpage did not allow me to and told me to call zipcar. When I called I was told I should be receiving an email in a few hours and my account is under review. I asked why and what issue is there for my account to be locked and under review. Customer service told me that the "support team" is reviewing and they have no further information.

I asked what the email, what solution would come in my email inbox to allow me to reserve a car for the next morning. Customer service had no answer. I asked to speak to a supervisor. She said the same thing- that I'd get an email in a couple of hours but there's no guarantee of when the email would arrive. 3 hours passed, I called again. Customer service then told me that I'd be getting an email in 1 or 2 business days with more information. I can not believe that because I simply changed my password to my account that I can not get any info from customer service as to why my account is locked. I appreciate security steps but I also expect efficient resolution and information when I call customer service.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2020

Had the worst rental car experience ever with Zipcar over the Christmas period. In anticipation of the holidays, we reserved a car for 3 days (December 23-26) three weeks in advance. The day of departure, we logged into our account and saw that the Honda which was assigned at time of booking was no longer assigned to us. Upon calling, we were told that the car is no longer available.

From there, we spent nearly 4 hours speaking with five separate customer service representatives, including two supervisors. Time after time, we were told there were no other cars available, even though there were cars available currently, just not for the duration of our reservation. We inquired why we couldn’t receive one of those cars since the company then had a minimum of 24 hours to find an alternate vehicle for the other party. Time after time, we were told they (even the supervisors) don’t have that authority. When we asked to speak with someone who DOES have that authority, we were told that person doesn’t answer phone calls. Continuously, we were put on hold with no warning and had to wait 15 minutes at a time for the representative to return. When we asked about it, they just said “we’re busy.”

Since it was imperative we leave that evening, we then asked to be reimbursed for an alternate vehicle—whether that be another rental car or an Uber. First we were told they’d only cover $100 (even though our reservation totaled $400) and then we were told that we’d have to submit a receipt from our travel for CONSIDERATION to receive a reimbursement.

Through this whole ordeal, Zipcar accepted no responsibility for their error and make no effort to rectify the situation. They simply repeated over and over again pre-scripted phrases that offered no solution. When we were told they’d refund us the $400 reservation fee, only half was refunded, and we now need to call our bank to refuse the charge. To say Zipcar ruined our Christmas is an understatement, and I would warn any customers to beware of relying on Zipcar because they clearly have no qualms about simply cancelling your reservation for no reason.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2020

I cannot emphasize how horrible Zipcar is, especially their customer support department. The first trip that I had ever reserved through Zipcar was a disaster. I reserved a car for about 6 hours, and upon beginning my trip, the car I reserved would not unlock. I immediately called support and they told me that the car had no service, so they subsequently canceled the car. I was left with no car and no way to get to where I needed to go. They completely screwed me over as this all occurred at the very absolute last minute.

After a few more phone calls, a customer service rep told me that I could take a Lyft to my location and back, and so long that I send in proof (the receipts), they would reimburse me the exact amount because it was their fault my car was out of service and that there were no other available cars at the time. So, I did exactly that. I ensured that the service rep took note of EVERYTHING so that they wouldn’t tell me something different later, and I submitted all of the proof. Someone got back to me within 48 hours and said my refund has been processed and it will appear on my credit card in 3-5 business days. Perfect, right? Well, no. He lied. He gave me DRIVING CREDITS, not a refund even though I explicitly noted I wanted a refund made to my credit card on file.

I quickly called Zipcar support once again. They escalated my situation. They got back to me shortly and gave me a bullshit excuse about why they couldn’t refund the money, which was because their system would not allow them to issue a refund that large because I didn’t have enough reservations to equal the amount of the refund. I called once AGAIN, and they escalated the situation once more, but this time with high priority. They told me someone should get back to me in 3-5 business days. Guess what? That never happened. So, I called again.

They escalated it once again. Of course, NO ONE GOT BACK TO ME AGAIN within the allotted time. So, I called again and again and again. I have called back many times — about 5 to 7 times — and I still have not talked to a single person who can issue me my reimbursement and I am so, so, so, SO flustered and beyond livid because the amount of the reimbursement is $150. I literally just want my money back, and no one has been able to do that for me. I was promised my money back, and they continue to lie and let me down. I would not recommend Zipcar to anyone — not a single soul.

If you have an “Out of Pocket Expense” Policy, how the hell do you expect to reimburse large expenses if your regular customer service representatives aren’t allowed to make such refunds??? Make it make sense. Give your service reps access to such tools, and more notably, don’t fucking LIE to your customers, especially when you guaranteed something to them.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2019

I was involved in a accident with a Zipcar. I had the damage waiver. The claim department closed my case zip. Months later zipcar still have my account under review. No one in the company know what is going on with my account. I would definitely not recommend to anyone.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2019

Zip Car is a great option for weekdays. They have a great overnight flat rate Monday through Thursday. Plus so many location options to get a vehicle. Their telephone customer service leaves a bit to be desired as you can wait twenty minutes on average for assistance.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2019

I have been a Zipcar customer for years, and have always found the Zipcar service to be extremely valuable to me. I currently live in San Francisco, and although I don't need a car day-to-day, on occasion I have rented cars to take trips to nearby hiking locations, etc. When I discovered that Zipcar offered a monthly several months back, I registered thinking I would get a lot of use out of it. I saw no risk in doing so either, given the fact that Zipcar advertises their membership as one that you can 'easily' cancel any time. Unfortunately, however, I found myself not ever renting Zipcars like I thought I'd would, and after 7 months of being a member, I decided to cancel. I log in online to my account to do so, and am told I must call the customer service line in order to complete the cancellation. That was over a month ago.

The first two times I called last month, I waited on the line for over 30 minutes each time, unable to reach any representative. At the time, there was no callback option. I called a third time, waited on the line for over 20 minutes, and eventually gave up. Feeling frustrated from that, I decided to attempt to get in touch with Zipcar in other way. My efforts proved futile, as I could not locate any email or customer chat function. I eventually left them a message on Facebook. A few days later, someone replied to my Facebook message, and notified me that someone from customer service would get in touch with me momentarily. A couple days after that, I received an email from customer service, notifying me that I would have to call in to cancel my account! I could not believe it.

But, I've tried to be cooperative and play nice. I have tried calling Zipcar customer service several times since that email...still unable to reach a representative. They now have a 'call back' feature, which claims that someone will call you back once an agent has become available. I have requested three callbacks now, and still have not received any. I am at a loss for what more I can do. I have successfully contested the most recent Zipcar charge on my credit card statement, but is this something I will have to do every month, solely because Zipcar is IMPOSSIBLE to get in touch with? Fair warning to everyone, do NOT sign up for Zipcar's monthly membership unless you want to be trapped in a membership FOREVER, even though their policy tells you that you can 'cancel' at any time. What a scam.

Zipcar Company Information