San Francisco, CA

1.0/5 (34 ratings)

About WorldMark TravelShare

WorldMark TravelShare Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about WorldMark TravelShare?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about WorldMark TravelShare?

Original review: May 20, 2022

New website is a piece of crap! Cannot see waitlists or confirm them. Cannot make reservations without being told to call Cust Svc (which nobody answers after TWO HOURS HOLD!!). I am SO disgusted! I tried to book and it said “call cust service”!! Impossible to do that, I tried to book another reservation at that resort and was told “You are multitasking!” How dare you stop me from making two reservations at the same resort for myself!! How do you know I do not need both for my family?? I have so many profanities to tell the Worldmark organizers! I want to get all my purchase and dues back!! Time for a class lawsuit.

Original review: May 18, 2022

I have been an owner for 20 years and so frustrated with the customer service. I have been trying to get someone on the phone, calling 18004570103 for the past 3 days and been unsuccessful. I've tolerated to stay on the phone for 1 hour but based on the recent reviews, it looks like it will be more like 3 hours. I have a presentation coming up and there is no way will I be purchasing any more points, if anything I'm contemplating on selling. This is the worst. I also received a letter for an unpaid balance of $12 but again, cannot get anyone on the phone. Maybe they only have 1 customer service person globally answering the phones. Please do not purchase a timeshare with WorldMark, they have gone way done hill!!

Get buying tips about Timeshares delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 27, 2022

The new website is horrible! Can not navigate through the resorts in any way at all. It is just impossible to use the new site and there is NO information on this site that is helpful. It makes me want to sell the membership and move to another company that actually helps their members. I would never advise for anyone to use this new website. There seems to no decent information listed and you need to research for the information on your own that used be listed on the old website.

Original review: April 19, 2022

Our experience with WorldMark has been a nightmare. I was told that I could have an additional source of income by renting out the timeshare that I purchased. I was told a lot of things, but it turns out that these were all lies. The whole timeshare thing with WorldMark Resorts is a swindle. They tell you one thing during the sales pitch and after you read the fine print you realize they lied to get you to buy the timeshare. I wasn’t told about the enormous maintenance fees, the absurd points I needed, or the debt that could be passed on to my children; something that would have stopped me from even thinking about buying a timeshare.

They failed to be ethical and didn’t explain how long I had to cancel the contact. The actual price of what they told us has doubled considering the astronomical interest rate. It’s sad to see they are getting away with scamming people, telling people they could generate a profit from buying a timeshare. It’s no wonder they were so aggressive with their sales tactics, it’s all a bunch of smoke and mirrors! Don’t let the smooth talk fool you, WorldMark will leave you with nothing but debt!

Original review: April 2, 2022

My wife and I went to their presentation in February 2020. We love to travel and thought it would be a great way to save some money. Then covid hit and they were closed in most resorts in most capacities for over a year. We managed to book a trip to Utah for skiing in Jan 2021 but the gym was closed, the spa was closed, no amenities whatsoever. We have traveled 2 or 3 times since then and are never able to use our points due to no availability anywhere we want to go for a year out.

My 2 years was out in February but they did extend it 3 months. They have absolutely no availability for the next 3 months. I am going to Las Vages in July and would like to use my points the but I cannot book that for put until May when my current extension runs out at which time we are eligible for another 3month extension, but there will be no availability at that time. So I am left with 2 choices, throw away my basically $2000.00 worth of points and book lodging now at a reasonable price elsewhere, or wait til May, hope and pray they will have availability, and if they don't, when I pay for my lodging the price will have surely doubled at least

Original review: March 23, 2022

Was approached at Travel show to attend a presentation for timeshare and I was excited to attend, as it was not all about the free accomodations, and was EXTREMELY interested in timeshares globally. Ben was decent, but he would not talk numbers, prices. I thought Ben was a little nosy in my life, look I am an avid traveller, that's all you need to know. The prize had to match the price. It was like pulling teeth for him to FINALLY ask his sales mgr/licensed real estate agent whatever, and Jose came over with an attitude, and talked to me with tone, so I gave tone back, and he literally ask me to write a check for $111,000 now. I said no and no to mentioned I don't walk around time with checks, this is not 1980.

His is unacceptable behavior, and simply nasty approach. Like I get better service/sales at a Gucci or Prada store. If you want a free trip and want to learn about timeshares, be prepared for nasty unprofessional, they get mad when you question. Jose needs a lesson on client relations, cause he was talking to someone who actually had the funds to purchase. I'll just head over to Marriott offers. And to mention, the sales presentation guy mentions heart attack to possible buyers and asked if anyone knew if any had a heart attack due to stress, is the lowest sales approach I have ever heard of to buy a damn timeshare. WOW.

Original review: March 22, 2022

I have been this ownership since 2006. The reservation line getting worse and worse. No one answers the call usually or super bad service. I needed to pay a reservation related tax fee charge $36 only by calling 18004570103. No other choices. However since Jan I have been calling multiple times, each time took my half day min 3 hours. Or each time was dropped for no reason after 10 mins waiting. The paper mail reminded as “past due balances may prohibit your ability to book reservations or the reservation with unpaid charges maybe subject to cancellation." So far I haven’t had chance to Reach any customer service for the payment by credit card on the phone yet. :((( There is no any email or phone number on the website you can contact for the complaints at all. Of course you have seen so many people Here complains about the major issues which I don’t need to repeat. Plan to terminate after use current year points.

Original review: March 13, 2022

I have been a Worldmark Owner for almost 15 years. Over the last few years they have made it more and more apparent if you don't choose to upgrade (buy more points) during the time you are an owner you will be excluded from most new features and added resorts as well as the points needed to stay will continue to increase. They are also removing resorts once accessible and making them accessible to higher level members only. It is a total racket and would sell this in a heartbeat but alas that is no easy feat either. Oh and wherever you stay you will need to pay occupancy tax, internet fees and parking fees just to start on top of your monthly dues that you pay as long as you own the timeshare and increase every few years.

Access to customer service by phone takes approximately 3 hours so pray you can manage everything on your dashboard online. So add up how much you would spend in hotels and compare to what your loan payment, dues and stay fees would be for a year. You might be better off putting that same money into a vacation savings account instead.

Original review: March 10, 2022

Since the launch of the new website everything has gone sour. The site has a myriad of registration issues, miscalculates payments due (says zero due and then blocks for non-payment), and the phones and email are NEVER answered. I submitted a complaint (actually three now) to the Better Business Bureau. It is not possible to book, and this is a violation of the agreement which is guaranteed under our contract and maintenance fee payment. Anyone up for a class action suit?

Original review: March 7, 2022

I have been frustrated since the new website was launched. I can't access my very expensive 'Ownership'. I came here to see if others were experiencing the same issues and, YES. I'm not alone. Everything everyone else is saying is exactly what I'm going through. I can't use the old site to book time, I can't use the new site to book time. I call and sit on hold 1.5 hours to get a rep. I spoke to a rep and changed my reservation (after 3 hours on hold) and now I see IT'S NOT THERE! So I'm on hold AGAIN. I messaged them on their Instagram account and no response. I've emailed. No response. I feel ROBBED.

WorldMark TravelShare Company Information