2. Travel
  3. Timeshares

San Francisco, CA

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.47/5

WorldMark TravelShare Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about WorldMark TravelShare?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about WorldMark TravelShare?

Original review: July 11, 2020

We have owned Worldmark since 1995 and have thoroughly enjoyed it. We spend about 45 nights a year in condos which with all fees I figure cost about $75/night. To get the best of it, I book 13 months out (to the second) and almost always get what I want. Yes the sales meetings are full of lies and innuendos but you can say no and you don't have to go to the presentations. We have been to many, many of them. It is now almost a game for me since I mostly know more about Worldmark than they do. I'll take their $150 and have dinner and fill my truck with fuel.

Also be aware that you can buy credits on the secondary market for about $ .25/per credit instead of the "special" deal of $2.80/credit. Just find an honest broker. So instead of 10,000 credits costing $28,000 they can cost $2500. You don't get all of the "goodies" the salesliers talk about, but using credits for say a baseball game is losing money for you anyway. Again let me say that we love our Worldmark. Be wise in buying in and learn how to use your credits to benefit you the most.

Original review: June 29, 2020

Ive been a Worldmark owner for years. Ive been wanting to sell my 35000 credits ever since Wyndom bought in. Everything increased in price so owners now pay the equivalent of hotel/condo rates anyway because of additional charges. The Covid endemic has really put me over the edge. Owners pay to have access to all resorts all over the world. Those resorts are now closed (understandably so) so we don't have access , yet the dues payment for that access is still collected monthly. Look at other travel companies and you will see that they are accommodating people now. They are refunding money, offering future use, SOMETHING> Worldmark basically says "Well, we will open when we can " keep funding us until then.

Do Not buy into this company ever. They do not care about you and spend a lot of money on advertising to try and convince you that they do. Plus there is no way out of these monthly payments. You cant sell or transfer to anyone except a close family member. Save the exorbitant monthly dues and take your vacation anywhere you like at the end of the year.

Get buying tips about Timeshares delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 21, 2020

I have read many of the reviews and now am writing our own as our experience has deteriorated greatly especially since the merger of the two companies and the continued targeting of current owners to buy more and more. Our last so called Inspirational meeting lasted 4 hours where 4 or 5 people sold us a deal that would break our heart, or bank account and our lives and did not explain to us what they sold us. Yet we know now that this merging company targets certain groups especially protected groups - check out their ads for new hire salespeople, we are at our wits end and have been through 5 or 6 people promising to help but for some reason not being able to.

We can complain all day and night but what can we do, and what should we do now to stop this fraudulent selling to protected groups who do not know or understand what they are buying??? If you know of an answer please tell us and we will listen. This company is frauding people, taking money and livelihood away at a time when we have few years left and piles of medical bills. If you have any ideas for a class actions suit please contact me.

Original review: April 26, 2020

This experience has been terrible, we would not recommend this timeshare company to anyone. Hidden fees and constantly being harassed is not what we signed up for. Constantly told that we needed to purchase more point to get the full value of the timeshare program.

Original review: April 9, 2020

WorldMark by Wyndham’s sales practices are deceptive. I purchased 35000 credits with a signed agreement. Wyndham refused to honor the signed contract. After days of negotiations they only offered to refund the monies. I have been waiting since the contract was signed in Dec 2019 for refund. While they are delaying I am making loan payments and maintenance fees. They have informed me to stop making the payments and they will repair my credit afterwords. I would be at the mercy of Wyndham to repair my credit. Hard to trust them with their current customer service record.

Original review: April 5, 2020

I have been lied to multiple times by Worldmark. Initially, It was guaranteed that I would be able to stay at ANY of the thousands resorts there were to choose from. This was not true at all. Had the sales representative been honest and let this be known upfront, I would not have made the purchase. I remember going to an upgrade meeting where I was assured by Steve **, who stated he was a regional VP, that he would give me a deal if I upgraded. I made it clear to him then that I was previously made promises that were not true. He told me that buying more points would put me in a position to make a profit on my timeshare investment, which also was NOT TRUE. I am beyond tired of all of the lies and just want to be done with Worldmark all together.

Original review: March 16, 2020

If you get roped into one of these seminars, just leave as soon as you can. They aren't worth the free tickets or whatever they offered you. They are doing their best to prey on the poor and it's pretty despicable honestly. Also, I asked if their credit check they were doing would be a hard or a soft check and the representative acted like she had no idea what I was talking about. Well, as I found out later, it was TWO hard checks. Not sure how these people sleep at night.

Original review: March 3, 2020

I've been a Worldmark owner for 3 years now and have had some of the most incredible, memorable family vacations of my entire life. We have been to Puerto Rico, Hawaii, Las Vegas, Myrtle Beach and next year we are going to Fiji and Australia. This has been the most valuable and financially smart investment we've ever made. We own thousands of resorts worldwide because of the Travelshare option. It's like our vacation home that travels with us around the world wherever we want to go and we don't have to pay the property taxes or put the physical work into maintaining a vacation home. It's all done for us! We love our Worldmark/Travelshare ownership and wouldn't trade it for anything in the world!

Original review: Feb. 12, 2020

Please read everything here. I have not read one this I do not agree with. I agree with it all. I purchased it in the 80's. Since then dues and tripled, you cant get any place you want, they have stopped places. I can have a credit card with points and go on a really nice vacation for less than my dues are, and get waited on. DONT DO IT.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2020

Depoe Bay resort manager would not return any of my phone calls. I will not ever upgrade my timeshare due to the rude behavior of resort staff! I've been an owner for 20 years and had the absolute worst experience ever! NO one cares to address your concerns, you're just ignored!

WorldMark TravelShare Company Information