2. Travel
  3. Timeshares

San Francisco, CA

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.42/5

WorldMark TravelShare Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about WorldMark TravelShare?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about WorldMark TravelShare?

Original review: April 9, 2021

I’m writing to detail our experience with WorldMark. I first heard about the timeshare presentation when I purchased a Vacation package through Take a Break Travel on July 17th 2020, which was offering a 4 day stay at the STRAT in Las Vegas for $169 and casino credits. The vacation package did come with a stipulation of attending a timeshare presentation and touring the property through WorldMark. I was told repeatedly over the phone when I booked my stay on December 21st 2020 what the stipulations were, as well as when we arrived in Las Vegas on January 7th 2021 by the Welcome Center staff at the STRAT.

When we arrived to Las Vegas, a lot of the shows were still on hold due to COVID, so the Welcome Center staff modified our package to include the following items, as long as we attended the whole presentation and tour the property we would receive: a $300 casino & restaurant credit, a 3 day stay credit back in Vegas, and the discounted price of $169 on our current 4 day stay. If we did not attend the presentation and the tour, we would be charged full price for the casino stay of a king suite and would not receive the casino & restaurant credit or a 3 day stay credit. When we arrived at the Welcome Center (a little after 10am), the staff reserved our timeshare presentation for 12pm that day.

On 1/7/2021 at approximately 12pm, my partner and I arrived at the timeshare presentation which was located at 8589 Las Vegas Blvd S. When we entered the building, we were greeted by a female staff who signed us in after requesting our driver's license, which she informed us that they had to verify and record for their records. We waited in the waiting room until we were called by our assigned Sales Rep. He spoke with us briefly, as he walked us to where the snacks and coffee were located. We grabbed some snacks and then he escorted us to the presentation area. After attending the 30 minute presentation, we sat back down with our Sales Rep. He spoke to us about the different locations that WorldMark had across the country and in other countries. He asked us how often we took vacations and what our dream vacation would be.

After about 20-30 minutes, he then informed us that before he could show us the property, he had to run our credit. We question this, as we have never experienced this before from a timeshare presentation, but he stated again that in order for him to physically show us the property, he would need to run our credit. We agreed after that since we didn't want to lose our discount on our current stay in Vegas, as well as the additional casino, restaurant & 3 day stay credit. We provided our information to the sales agent.

After providing our information to the sales rep, our sales rep went to grab his “Supervisor” and they both sat back down with us. His “Supervisor” spoke about the added benefits of WorldMark and the credit program. We spoke with the Sales Rep’s “Supervisor” for another 5 minutes or so prior to seeing the property. The “Supervisor” said he would run some options for us and when we got back from viewing the property would have them ready to present to us. The Sales Rep then took us to see the property, which we spent probably 20 minutes or so viewing. After seeing the property, we sat back down with the sales rep & his “Supervisor” and they spoke to us about the different options.

The sales rep spoke to us that only the monthly payments would show on our credit report and that it would not affect our credit, since we were concerned about the additional debt of a timeshare after purchasing a home this year, which includes home improvement efforts and launching a nonprofit for **, indigenous and people of color entrepreneurs. We were there for another 2 hours and decided to decline the timeshare option at that time due to our current commitments. At this point, the time was anywhere between 330p-4p. We were then informed that another sales rep will speak to us to provide us with a survey on our experience.

That 2nd Rep never provided us with a survey but spoke to us about reserving the original deal that the 1st Rep & Supervisor spoke to us about. He stated that he could provide us with 20,000 credits for $3,129 at a low cost of $99 a month. We would have 2 years to test out WorldMark and decide after if we would want to pursue purchasing a timeshare. He wrote this on the back of the survey he was supposed to provide us with. We reflected on the 1st sales Rep’s feedback about not impacting our credit and only showing the monthly service charge of $99 on our credit. We decided to try out the discovery program. At this time, this conversation (about 20 minutes) took place at the same table in the large sales room. When we agreed to the trial package, the 2nd Sales Rep told us that he needed to grab the iPad and to follow him out of the room.

We waited for him near the stairs/elevators to return. After several minutes, he returned with an iPad. He repeated what we were signing, which as 2 years, 20000 credit, $3129 for the 2 years which would be $99 a month. We were standing in the hallway at the same place we entered near the stairs when he instructed us to enter our name, email address and electronically initial the identified spots on the electronic form. He handed us the iPad as we each completed his request. We signed the iPad and continued on our vacation. We returned back to Minnesota on midnight of 1/11. By 1/13 our credit monitoring programs alerted both of us about 2 hard credit inquiries each. We were also notified about 2 reward credit cards being applied to our names without our knowledge. My partner’s credit decreased by 100 points, as well as my credit decreased as well.

My partner immediately called the rewards credit card customer service line and reported a fraudulent credit card, as he had no knowledge of how it was applied. He informed me about the situation, which I then spent 3 hours on the phone that following Friday January 15th trying to get a hold of someone at WorldMark to resolve our concerns with credit cards that we did NOT agree to and the 2 hard inquiries on our credit report. I filed a BBB complaint that same day January 15th and filed complaints at all 3 credit bureaus to remove the credit card from my credit report. I didn’t hear from anyone until January 25th when a rep followed up with me on my BBB complaint. I ended up speaking with the rep the following week and she informed me that she needed to pass my information onto the WorldMark Customer Care department.

It took about 3 more weeks before I spoke with Rachel ** again on February 16th. She refused to acknowledge that our credit scores were impacted and even stated that we would not have noticed any credit pull on our credit report (WRONG!). She also informed me that “I agreed to a credit card, otherwise, how else did I receive one?”. This is also WRONG, as we never agreed to and none of the 3 Sales Reps (1st Rep, 2nd Rep- Supervisor, 3rd Rep- Closer) discussed anything about a credit card with us, not to also mention running our credit TWICE! All of WorldMark's practices with us was deceptive. They lied to us about having to run our credit prior to showing us the property.

Legally they did not have a right to not show us the property 1st prior to asking us after if we were interested and THEN run our credit. The sales practices was deceptive and we were SCAMMED into applying for a credit card WITHOUT our knowledge or agreement. WorldMark committed deceptive sales practices by running our credit twice and not disclosing that they would sign us up for credit cards. We have ZERO faith or trust in the practices of WorldMark due to our experience and the harm they have caused to our credit. We do not want to be associated with them now or in the future. We want this issue to be resolved by cancelling our timeshare discovery package and removing these inquiries from our credit reports.

Original review: March 17, 2021

Last June I was in Las Vegas celebrating my partner's birthday when we were approached by a WorldMark representative and offered several gifts if we were to attend a presentation. Since we were told that there was no obligation to purchase and it would only take 90 minutes, we agreed to attend. At this presentation, we were pressured for hours by the sales staff into making a purchase. No matter how many times we told them that we were not interested, they continued to push different offers at us instead of allowing us to leave.

We were led to believe that this was a real estate investment that we could pass down to our children, so we decided to give into one of their offers. We found out later that they not only ran both our credit reports without our consent, but they also opened a credit line in my name without my knowledge! What kind of legitimate company does this? We tried to call the sales staff we met with to cancel this within the period allowed by law, but they never returned our calls or answered the phone. Now we are stuck in this purchase with no end in sight!

Get buying tips about Timeshares delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2021

We booked a trip to Vegas, last minute a few friends wanted to join us so we booked a room for them. The next day they had cancel because they could not attend. Just recently learned if you book for a guest you're charged $100.00 fee if you run out of your yearly allotted "Guest Fee" certificates; these fee are non-refundable: "Important: Please verify the correct name and spelling. Guest Certificates and Guest Certificate fees are non-refundable and modifying a guest name requires an additional Guest Certificate or Guest Certificate fee." I didn't catch this when booking - now my poor friend who isn't working is now out $100.00 during this terrible time when money is tight. We've have WorldMark/Trendwest since 1997 and it has become such a hassle defeats the purpose of being a owner. My advice - avoid at all costs. They keep finding ways to charge ya!!!

Original review: Jan. 29, 2021

I needed assistance signing in, and was put through to 3 different operators, only to be put on hold again because the number I was given on the site was for Wyndham and I had to put through to Worldmark. This is not the first time I have had issues. The resorts are nice and the service there is good, but the online and phone customer service is truly the worst in ANY service industry. The websites are confusing and difficult to navigate, the phone is worse, I have yet to ever be able to be assisted by the first person who answers. The waiting times are 8 to 10 minutes for each time you are transferred. Had I known this beforehand, I would have found a resort club with good reviews for their customer service and navigable websites. I am at the point where I would rather lose all my points than try and deal with their websites or customer service lines. As soon as my mortgage is paid, I will not longer pay the fees and they can just cancel my contract.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2020

I have been a timeshare owner for over 25 years, originally with Trendwest and now with WorldMark. I was told that I could vacation during my chosen week without any problems, this is a flat out lie. I was also given gift vacations that I actually had to pay to use. Everything about their sales pitch is deceiving and I was beyond tired of being in that presentation. When the company became WorldMark, I was told I could use my points at any of their resorts at any time. Never once was I told that I had a limited amount of “keys” and would have to pay extra if I used them all. This is just the top of the list of complaints I have for WorldMark and if they actually responded when I reached out to them then they would know this. Their entire company is corrupt and will not get another penny out of me!

Original review: Nov. 17, 2020

This has been the worst experience of my life! The salesman played on my cancer diagnosis and used our concerns you lied to us and convince us that we were making a phenomenal purchase. In addition, the company failed to provide all electronic documentation in a timely manner, but due to the contract we have no way to get around their failures! The fees are hidden all over the place. The locations are not what they seem to be. Everything about this company is wrong! Buyer beware!

Original review: Oct. 18, 2020

I feel that I have been deceived by Worldmark and lied to. I was told that by purchasing with Worldmark I was making a sound investment and would be able to vacation anytime anywhere. I was shown a map with all the locations of the hotels that I could stay in and decided to purchase 7,000 points. On my first vacation to Orlando, I was brought into another presentation and convinced to upgrade due to changes occurring regarding your levels. I was told it was important to upgrade right then so I could be “grandfathered” in on the changes. I now see that this was just an attempt to get more money out of me.

Since the upgrade, I have found out that there are additional fees along with a list of issues when trying to book anything. I purchased this timeshare so I could vacation the way I was told during the sales presentation with my family which consists of my brothers and their families. I was told I would have no issues with doing this but have had nothing but problems. Worldmark considers my family as “guests” and I have to use passes when booking vacations with them. I only receive a limited amount of these and was not informed about this at all when I was purchasing or upgrading. Not to mention, when in the presentation I was informed that WorldMark and Wyndham were the same and I would not have any issues booking or vacationing with either. When I attempted to book a vacation to Hawaii I learned that this was another lie due to having to pay extra fees to stay in a Wyndham Resort.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2020

I WAS a happy Worldmark owner for nearly 20 years. Suddenly they have decided to change what they call "policies" but are items guaranteed in my contract and were selling points as to why I purchased from with them. The newest is now a 2 night minimum, even midweek, but they did not lower credits required for the room. So twice the number of credits and I only need one night. I called to speak to customer care, lots of apologizing, and "I'm writing everything down you're saying" and then Personal Choice can do this for you. They transfer me to personal choice and I'm told they cannot book at a resort. Anyone have any luck getting out of their contract?

Original review: Sept. 12, 2020

June 2020, Went to Lake Tahoe to visit with family. Room was filthy! Countertops were sticky, bedding was stained, found empty water bottles under the beds, couch, and tables. Also found what appeared to be bloody tissue under beds, along with a pair of flip flop sandals under bed. Mold in bathroom and jetted tub leaked all over the hallway floor. Stove top burners didn't work.

When I reported to management, I was told my credits and housekeeping token would be replaced and I'm still waiting. The hold time exceeds an hour to speak with someone at Owner Care and when you email them, they give you the runaround and you get a message that someone will get back with you in a few days only to get the same email again like a vicious circle. Also, found out reason why it's hard to get reservations... because WorldMark aka Wyndham has decided they will take our Owner Owned Resort Rooms and sell them to sites like Expedia!

Original review: Sept. 11, 2020

Worldmark's new non-refundable guest fees is horrific. They charge you $100 or $129 even if the agent makes a mistake and spells the name of the guest wrong! It costs another $129 to correct it. You have to add a guest at the time you make the reservation even if it's 13 months in advance and the the reservation may be cancelled as late as 12 months later. Their policies toward owners who want to book multiple units even for their own family is hostile and punitive. DO NOT EVER BUY A TIMESHARE OR CLUB MEMBERSHIP FROM WORLDMARK BY WYNDHAM OR WORLDMARK THE CLUB. They are one of the worst companies on the planet!

WorldMark TravelShare Company Information