1.39/5
Based on 66 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Discover a great timeshare now

San Francisco, CA

69 WorldMark TravelShare Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

For one thing, it's almost impossible to ever get the places you want. They will tell you that it's just a matter of getting more educated, but I've been in the classes with the 'experts' and they couldn't do it either. And the unexplained charges continue to add up. It's bad when someone in Management can't explain a charge, yet can't remove it either. They continue to raise our maintenance rates, yet availability is getting worse. And they have some locations that "owners" still have to pay for, yet the general public gets access to at a lower rate. Last issue I had was that they had my auto pay info incorrect, and called to get a payment from me. When they explained, I understood and had no issue making the payment. But they wanted me to pay an $8.95 "Convenience Fee". Ummm... this was YOUR mistake, not mine.

Original review: July 31, 2018

Got roped in at a local event by a vendor tent of theirs... $75 for a week vacay/accommodations. They were advertising to Anaheim in their marketing posters/etc but they told us we could basically use it anywhere they go to. Asked if there were any additional fees later and she either said no or that it was only taxes... No mention of any other fees. Asked if there were any other catches with it that we should know about and said no. Went to the "door to door 2 hour presentation". The people were nice enough but we had to leave to go to a family event exactly 2 hours after getting there to make it on time. We ran out of time with the presentation and they basically couldn’t even get us a cost/deal to look at before we left because we had to get that from a manager and 'he was helping others who were likely buying'. Okay, whatever.

We left and got our certificate for the 'free week of accommodations'... First catch - you can only book it up to 30 days in advance... so no planning ahead and you'll probably pay a fortune for your last minute airfare. Fine, whatever. 2nd catch - Pretty much everything has an upgrade fee on it. The majority of them were about $1000 total for the 'free trip' and by the looks of the pictures/reviews, they're not anywhere you want to stay anyway and probably would cost $1000 for the week if you were booking on your own anyway. 3rd lie - they advertised heavily for free accommodations in Anaheim in their marketing. AND THERE'S NO ANAHEIM HOTEL OPTION...or anything even close.

I called the number that they offered and the guy said that... “Oh yeah, that's usually always booked.” I asked, “If I checked back another time, would it maybe be available.” His response was, “Maybe if you check all the time for it you might get lucky” but was basically telling me that, "Good luck, not going to happen." I guess what do you expect for $75 and watching a presentation but... I just don't know how these people sleep at night too. I've learned my lesson and I hope this helps others avoid wasting time/money.

Get expert buying tips about Timeshares delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 6, 2018

I hope you’ve come here first and didn’t let them con you into purchasing right then and there. It’s a very clever con, they convince you to make the transaction right there and now without doing any research on the company. This company has terrible customer service. It took 3 weeks to resolve an overpayment and their resolution was to refund me the overpayment amount plus the monthly due amount. Making my account past due! And go ahead and try and fix that after spending 3 weeks trying to fix the overpayment.

If I could punch the founder of this company in the face I would. Sick to death of this nonsense and I don’t want to be stuck to you people for the rest of my life. They told me the TOTAL amount of the contract was 14,000. It wasn’t, It’s a little over 16,000. Which isn’t worth it. Don’t let these people con you. Do your research and price around. I don’t understand how a company can get away with such poor customer service. Why is no one shutting them down and stopping them from taking advantage of people.

Original review: June 26, 2018

We left my backpack with the management people at the WorldMark in Bend Oregon while we went hiking and waited for the room to be ready. It was about 1 pm. We returned at 9 pm and they had already given my backpack away, to somebody else, around 7 pm. They say there were two authorised names on the backpack, only one name was supposed to be on it. Now all of my work things and clothing and medication are gone. Someone, between day shift and night shift, mixed my bag with another bag. The guy at the desk allowed my bag to go, in place of the other bag. Whoever took my bag apparently didn't know it was not his??? How can they mess up luggage tags like this???

Original review: May 9, 2018

Just after getting married, my wife and I agreed to the basic level of timeshare through WorldMark. The orientation never happened, because the office was gone when we tried to come back for it. Had the timeshare for years and never used it, finally had an emergency and used it once by phoning and finally getting told how to do so. Booked a second trip to use it, and was facing medical issues. Went to their seminar and got CORNERED with a group of high pressure salesmen in Anaheim. Prescription drugs had upset my diabetes badly (over 450 BSL level), and I didn't understand all the details. I repeatedly asked to reschedule and wasn't allowed to do so.

Agreed to a small upgrade, and was told the monthly cost would be something I could afford. They filled out a credit application, and wrote that we earned $80,000.00 a year combined, a full $30,000.00 more than what we actually made. I pointed it out and was told, "That doesn't matter, don't worry about it." And that they would change it. Somewhere in there they filled out a credit card application for my wife for $14,000.00 to use as a "down payment," so we had a high interest bill for $14,000.00 as they maxed it out to get our cash. We thought it was some sort of bonus card for upgrading the way it was explained. Got home to first month payment to find it was around $800.00 a month, and the monthly fees had gone from about $30.00 to almost $200.00. They had promised the monthly cost to be about $450.00.

Still fighting diabetic issues, I was unable to read/understand much of the contract... But 3 months later realized they had used the first application saying we had $80,000.00 income. Guess we went from the basic level to something called "Diamond Elite." Tried to use credits to book travel outside their facilities and found that my yearly value was less than $1400.00 of travel.

Really, I pay in almost $13,000.00 a YEAR and can only get $1400.00 worth of travel?!?! Couldn't get anyone on the phone or online to address the issue or even slightly work with me on a bill we couldn't afford. Struggled to pay monthly bill, prevented us from actually taking any vacations, and had to give up many other things to make payment. Resorted to working on own older cars to survive and get to work. With loss of work, bill fell behind and our credit is ruined. Biggest scam/rip-off I've ever seen. Salesman's name was Bill **. Apparently one of their top sales guys. Avoid this company and person like they are Bubonic Plague.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about WorldMark TravelShare?

Original review: May 7, 2018

What is the "explorer option" (or some similar name) and why do they have better rooms than I who have been an owner for 20+ years. Me... 2nd floor, him 10 out of 12. Really? Treat your owners better.

Original review: April 26, 2018

My family has been with WorldMark/Trendwest for more than 20 years. We have thoroughly enjoyed many ski trips, travel to various states and ocean get-aways. The places have always been clean and the staff friendly. I have never written a negative review until today. I was traveling with a friend to several Worldmark resorts in Texas. The New Braunfel staff were superb as were the staff and concierges in Austin and Stablewood. We went for an hour talk in Austin for an "information meeting" which was fine. We were upfront about not wanting to buy any more points.

When we arrived at Marble Falls they the concierge offered us a $100.00 dollar Visa each if we came to another talk in the morning. At first we refused stating we had just been to an informative meeting in Austin. We relented under pressure. The next morning we were told that only I could receive the $100.00 dollars since my husband was not there. That was ok, but disappointing. After being in the informative meeting for over an hour they asked my friend to wait outside. A salesman was brought in and was extremely rude. He said I should get the "gold card" to offset my maintenance fees. I wanted to learn more about this card but was never given a good overview. I was told I just had to swipe the card at participating places and it would reduce my fees. "How come I was never told this before?" It seemed too good to be true and it was.

I asked several times about the card to gain more knowledge. I was told it was not a credit card. "Just sign here, but not here", to get "the card". I asked why I was signing for a credit check if this was not a credit card. I was told, "No, we won't check your credit, you did not sign that box." My trust in staff at Worldmark has fallen. Two weeks later I received a PayPal credit card from Barclays Bank. Didn't Wells Fargo just get in trouble for the same tactic? If anyone wishes to file a class action suit please let me know.

The concierge in his pressure tactic even said, "if you don't care about this company just taking money from you over the next ten years you will sign here". At that point I got up and left. I felt belittled and spat upon. I was teary, mad, and very upset. Needless to say, once reacquainted with my friend, we spent the next couple of hours disappointed and wondering how we got sucked into having so much time wasted. I filed a formal complaint and was told two days later, "Sorry, we cannot do anything, you signed the papers." All I wanted was an apology for how I was treated.

Original review: April 10, 2018

Feb 3, I took a staycation in SF till Feb 10 because after 2 years dealing with cancer I decided as a 25 year gold owner 27000 points of my Trendwest, then World Mark, then Wyndham I could get rid of my allergy and relax. On Feb 4, I was in a so-called owner meeting at 10 am and escaped by 2:30 pm. I missed doing anything relaxing because I was so worn out by the encounter. Next day, I ran my 66 yr old body in Golden Gate Park from 8:30 am - 2:15 pm. At 2:20 pm I get a call from owner meeting group just a couple more pieces of info. I get roped in from 2:30 pm to 4:00 pm missing the Super Bowl party I was to attend. Got me for $23k for 7k point to go Diamond. $8k thru PayPal at 19.99% $8100 down payment and $500 per month for the next 10 years at 13.99%. I hate Wyndham. As a gold owner with only $1500 left to pay and regular $253/mo maintenance, I could see retirement in September.

Now, of $2200 Social Security they will get $500 the next 10 years and I will choose between my daughter (out of work) and grand-daughter rent help or the $8k downpayment. How long does it take for ** to get another job. We never recovered from the 2008 downturn. Wyndham vacation/staycation sucks... Also they faked me a promotional, provided an empty box, then sent it, by then 16 days later I was so disgusted I didn't open the box, sent in my Rescission letter and was told, "You passed the 7 day Rescission because it was sent to your home and you were just too late in receiving and responding back sucker. You rejected the PayPal, but, we put it back on and sucker you owe us. We are Wyndham not nice Trendwest. You can't get a owner's update without us keeping you for hours and wearing you down or tracking your movements to punk you."

Original review: April 6, 2018

I signed up to go to a presentation with the reward of 7 days free vacation if I watch their presentation, tour their hotel and attend their breakfast. I paid a $40 deposit and signed their contract. They then called me back to tell me that because I wasn't married that I couldn't attend and they would return my deposit. I don't recommend a company that discriminates on marital status as a criteria.

Original review: April 5, 2018

I am highly disappointed in our trip to the executive suite in Branson. We live in Colorado and only take a trip once a year for anniversary. So, needless to say, we put all of our eggs in one basket and go for the gold and expect it after paying for the property, taxes, maintenance fees. We were and always have been impressed and happy with all of the staff. I several times, from several resorts, have had conversation with staff that we need to complain to the executives because their hands are tied on maintenance. I am doing the math on how much revenue this company is making and we are not seeing the return on the cleanliness and upkeep of these rooms and suites.

We have now stayed at Steamboat, Estes Park, Granby, Branson, and Tucson. I am saddened by the fact that we were not taken care of by the company when in Branson when we were interrupted, made to wake on our vacation when we did not want to, told that our meeting would not be a sales pitch, I am not well and these moments are precious and when you are told you are not being sold anything but you need to get in your car and drive to another location for said non solicitation pitch, I feel that we should have been refunded our precious points and the precious time that it took to get my blood pressure and health back to normal from the stress of these salesmen.

We pay extra to have any of these resorts be nothing but spotless and taken care of to the highest and I have not been impressed thus far with so much within the executive decision making process to ensure each and every buyer/owner has the utmost care taken on all of these properties that we own. I take better care of my home than I have seen at some of these sites. Shame on WorldMark by Wyndham for not being more receptive and empathetic to the people that put food on their table and allow them to buy more properties.

Original review: April 1, 2018

I stumbled across these reviews of Worldmark and am overwhelmed with anger as I have ignored my feelings since becoming an “owner” in 1992. This was the biggest bad decision in my life. It has haunted me $ all these years. I too have experienced all the negative feedback listed by others. The Pinnacle collection was over the top. One alleged missed payment in 25 years? I couldn’t even talk to a real person to dispute the error, so I paid the fees! I’m so dumb, but they threatened my program of 20,000 credits a year.

I’ve lost or expired credits too, because why? Uh. Can’t book resorts that come close to my schedule. I even mark my calendar to call at 8 am or attempt to book exactly 13 months in advance. Nope, never made it to Hawaii in 26 years of “ownership”. I can’t even recoup my purchase value if I try to sell. Lol! And guess what, I bought at 1992 prices! Ovation is next but I know this will be a total loss $. And, yes, I have to pay for WiFi that’s worse than Econo Lodge. Hope this helps???

Original review: March 19, 2018

Poorly managed company who penalized owners for their own business failures. I regret 100% signing up with them and would hope not all are run in this manner. Customer service is from Wyndham and is atrocious, rude, unknowledgeable and condescending at every turn. There is an embarrassing amount of resorts that are unwanted and unused in areas of the US and they continue to purchase these and owners do not go, do not want to go and then are penalized. Many locations are not heard of, difficult to get to transportation wise and a poor purchase by WM. Wyndham gets priority over WM with all the new rules, it's a wonder they are able to stay afloat and I suspect will not for much longer. If you purchase timeshare from WM, you are in for a discouraging regretful ride... don't do it!

Original review: Jan. 3, 2018

We’ve been owners since the early years of Trendwest. Luckily, we haven’t had the terrifying problems that others have mentioned here. My wife is awesome at planning trips in advance, so if there is a place we really want to book, she’ll do it 13 months in advance, or get on the wait-list. She is also good at noting the bargains for staying in low seasons (we just spent a week at Ocean Shores for 3000 points). Thus we use our 40,000 points regularly, and in fact we have borrowed almost all of our points one year in advance. We love staying at the resorts and find our membership to be a great value. True, we will pay around $2600 in maintenance dues a year, but we will get about 5 weeks of vacation for this. That comes out to about $75 a day. The management at each of some 20 resorts we have used has always been extremely polite and helpful.

Yes, there is also the initial fee for joining, but we will enjoy our membership for at least 40 years. We bought some credit from the company but much of the rest through secondary sources and saved a lot. We also save on meals, knowing exactly what to expect from a Worldmark unit kitchen. Four people eating three meals a day at restaurants can add another couple hundred bucks a day to a vacation, and we cut that down by dining in and making our own meals.

In summary, if you like this type of vacation, are diligent to monitor your payments, and spend some time learning how to work in the system, it can be a good deal. I sympathize with those who have been pressured into buying something that they didn’t really want, though. The sales talks can be brutal at some resorts. I had to just get up and walk out in the middle once because I was so angry and insulted at something the sales representative said. Despite some unpleasant experiences, overall the good has outweighed the bad. We have had so many exceptional vacations that we otherwise would not have taken!

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

I hate this timeshare and all their shady practices. You can’t even get reservations to most of the resorts. They raise maintenance dues every stinking year. I pay $900 year to spend less than a week of vacation. Such a ripoff. Try selling it— won’t happen. They also falsified my income in order for me to get a Wyndham credit card— 2 times so I would buy more vacation credits. I cancelled my contracts on both occasions when I got back home.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

I have owned with this company since they were Trendwest (much better back then). Since WorldMark by Wyndham took over their customer service is terrible and rude. They treat customers like crap and it is impossible to make reservations. I have never been overdue on my payments and without notice I have now been sent to Pinnacle Collections who is trying to charge me additional fees. I have been on Automatic payments forever. I guess for some unknown reason the loan payment didn't go through but my dues Payment worked just fine. Without calling, emailing for notification they sent me to collections. I have called them numerous times and they refuse to help rectify the issue. I spoke with Pinnacle who says if WorldMark contacts them and revoked the collection it will be taken care of... WorldMark refuses to do so.

So currently they say I owe an additional $118 in collection fee plus late payment fees that WorldMark is trying to charge me. I will be looking into a Lawyer to deal with this situation and get me out of this horrible rip off timeshare asap. Save your money and use Airbnb or Expedia or those guys. With the amount you pay in maintenance & payments you could vacation like royalty. I’m very very frustrated and angry with this company. I am usually a very upbeat positive person but they know how to push someone over the edge.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2017

A timeshare is like owning a car. If you go on vacation and use your timeshare you will love it. If you buy a timeshare and never use it, it is a waste of money. I enjoy our timeshare because I spend time planning trips. We have stayed at several WorldMark resorts and they have all been very nice. Recently we stayed at Valley Isle in Hawaii (which we had to book 13 months in advance). Beautiful view. Definitely worth pre-planning for.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

The salesperson that sold us a Discovery package was very misleading about what resorts we would have access to. We tried to have our issue resolved by speaking with corporate customer service, who directed us back to our original sales manager. The sales manager then gave us more false promises that he did not deliver. Also, the hotel stay we got as an incentive for attending the presentation was at a very run down and borderline abandoned hotel.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

We've been owners since 1998; we first looked at ownership in 1991 when they only had 3 properties. We've been mostly satisfied with our ownership. We understand that at some properties it is more difficult to book, therefore one must plan a bit if you wish to stay at a certain location. At other resorts, there is availability at many times throughout the year. While we've noticed a downturn in the service and availability since Wyndham took over, we continue to book trips and use our credits for things we want to do. Very rarely are we unable to book a trip that we want. The biggest tip I can give is to thoroughly educate yourself about how to use the system, including waitlists. When you understand how it all works, one can enjoy the product a bit more.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2017

I have been a member since 2003 and they are constantly changing the rules. When we first purchased points we could use them anywhere but every year another resort is removed from the pool of available resorts and we receive phone calls to sell us more points that are now required to give us access to resorts we originally had access to. The latest issue was with expiring points. I tried two or three times to book resorts, only to find out that they are no longer avail as we needed extra points or they were not a Wyndham resort. I then had to cancel one of these bookings and I received an email saying this had been canceled but there was nothing in that email to explain that if I did not reallocate the points to another booking by midnight I would lose them.

When I contacted them to use the points I was advised by a very rude lady that I was advised on the screen when I canceled them online but apparently it's not their responsibility to notify via email, phone or text... that the screen notice is all that is required and they have many people calling to complain about this but it's not the company's problem. I very rarely look back and wish I could change decisions I have made in the past but this is definitely one thing I wish my husband and I NEVER GOT INVOLVED IN as it's just a scam.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2017

This company has sent my account, which for four years has been in good standing, prematurely into collection and exacted an unreasonable finance charge without prior notice to the account holder. I have always made timely payments. In late May, I failed to make a payment because I was out of the country. Company sent one notice of past due payment, which I received upon my return in the second week of June, and I immediately mailed a check in the full amount due. In July and August, I did not receive account statements and invoices from company. In September, I sought to make a reservation, and was only upon this contact with company notified that my account had been sent into collection. Company maintains that they did provide me with prior notice, referring to a voicemail that was left at my residence.

However, the message was unintelligible, as it was spoken in heavily accented English. Company has asked me to pay an additional $169.51 finance charge to return my account into good standing. I do not believe that company has the right to a finance charge because I have paid my past due amount, including late fees, in full, and company never provided actual notice of my account status. Company has intentionally defrauded an existing customer. Company has agreed to reduce the finance charge by $50, but the entire amount of $169.51 should be waived, as it should not have been issued in the first place. My account is under control by Pay Blackwell company and threatening us to pay all the collection fee ($78.98 + 77.30+ 45.07) to access my own account. Is it worthy to own the timeshare with this Worldmark by Wyndham?

Original review: Aug. 2, 2017

My husband and I got suckered into sitting in on a presentation and wound up buying 12,000 credits to the tune of over $20,000.00. When we first purchased, we had access to use our points towards the purchase of merchandise or tickets to sporting events. After the first couple years, I called to do this again and was told my membership was no longer considered "Elite Status" and I could no longer take advantage of these offers unless I purchased more credits.

Then, in 2016, I went from paying my monthly dues manually to autopay on credit card. Unfortunately, they didn't get my card registered in time to pick up the first bill cycle that was supposed to be paid via credit card. So every month, WorldMark got a payment, but every month, there was a balance rolling forward I was not aware of. SO I just found out because this balance was sent to collections, I LOST my TravelShare membership that gave me access to RCI resorts. The only way to get it back? I had to buy more credits... no thank you.

For the last 3 years, we have tried to book resorts 13 months out, but cannot get units because everything is already booked by the members who have more preferred status that have a bigger booking window. So we never are able to get into the popular places like Hawaii. So we paid over 20K upfront, and pay almost $1,000 a year in dues for a Timeshare scam we cant use. I regret buying this and was devastated when I found out we could have bought the same 12,000 credits for under $4,000 online. WorldMark is one of the biggest scams out there. Now we are trying to sell our credits to just get out from under it. We will be taking a loss of over $15,000. Makes me sick.

Original review: July 9, 2017

I agreed to attend a presentation by Trendwest/Worldmark in about 2005. I'll admit, I was roped in by the "free gift" of a digital camera (which they didn't have on hand when I arrived and I hounded them for weeks to make good on afterwards.). I was "coerced" into buying a 7000 credit timeshare and promised "3 days to reconsider and cancel the process." Less than 24 hours later, I called them to cancel the process. They didn't answer, they never returned phone calls either.

So I fulfilled the ten year "20% interest" loan promise and paid the damn thing off. (They never send anything to show the loan as being made good on, I had to repeatedly contact them to get them to send me something to show that the loan was paid off). But I never was able to schedule an actual vacation during that time. Back then they actually offered merchandise for credits and I did purchase some of that a couple times.

Ever since I paid the loan off, they've sent letter after letter telling me they could help me "do away with the quarterly dues" if I would only call within 7 business days. I called one time and the person tried to get me to another sales pitch meeting, and I told them I was not interested. The letters continued to come, and be ignored by me. Finally, July 2017, the company realizes I've scheduled a trip to a particular resort, and they pounce.

As soon as we got to the resort to check in ("we" meaning my husband and four young children) they tell me, "we'll feed to breakfast one day while you're here and tell you how to make better use of your credits and it will only take an hour". I should've realized it was a trap when they needed "$20 refundable payment" to ensure we would come.

The day of this "$20 complimentary breakfast" arrives and my family of six is basically kept in one small room for three hours as three salesmen bombard us with the "low pressure sales" pitch they've tried to get me to listen to for three years (how's that for "low pressure"?). Finally, at the end, I tell them "no!" and that they owe my children a half day of vacation because they've stolen that from them and I'm pissed! One salesman says "why are you still here then?" "Because I want you to do something to make up for the vacation time you've stolen from my kids!"

Another sales man says "what do you want me to do, I can't give you the day back." I respond with "I don't know what you have in your little bag of tricks to coerce people, you tell me what you're gonna do." A female employee scoffs at that and says "wow." I did tell her to "shut up." And I left my husband to deal with them. They ended up doing nothing.

Their solution to ending my quarterly fees was to try and convince me to purchase more credits and change the quarterly fees to a monthly fee, which would've been hundreds more a year for a vacation I had bought on a promise of "never having to pay for a vacation again!" Guess how much my vacations for the past 14 years have cost PER vacation...(I figured it out). It's cost me $1650 a vacation... None of which were even a full week. And this doesn't include cost of travel or food or activities done during these vacations. Is this company worth it? No. Their "low pressure sales" tactics are really "low", as in, "below the belt". They lie, they cheat their "owners", and they treat their owners like idiots. The promise of "owning" your vacation, and to never have to pay for a vacation again after buying into their credit system, is a total lie.

Original review: June 30, 2017

Horrible Timeshare, we have owned it for 15 years now and it is almost impossible to book a nice place like Hawaii with them. They are always booked. At nice resorts they only have few rooms that they own but the presentation they make it sound like the own the whole building. Few months back I reserved a room for my guest to stay in at Birch Bay WA for 2 nights and then few months later receive a phone call from them saying that that reservation was not paid for, I was so surprised how did that happen, I have them the visa card # of my guest but they had a error on their end and did not bother to check my guest out and charge their visa card # and now they have suspended my account and saying that I am responsible to make that payment for their error. I called and talked to Leann with owner care and she was not nice to talk to at all, refused to transfer me to the manager and did not listen to my concern at all.

Original review: June 22, 2017

We have been WorldMark owners since 2002. We thoroughly enjoyed our WorldMark ownership until WorldMark was acquired by Wyndham. (We also are Wyndham owners and have ownership in other timeshares, as well.) We upgraded our WorldMark ownership to TravelShare approximately three years ago, but we reap very little benefit from it.

At one time we wished that ALL of the vacation money we invested in timeshare ownership had been used to purchase additional points in WorldMark because their resorts are consistently of the highest standard and we would always have chosen to stay at a WorldMark over any other timeshare resort. While their resorts and amenities and furnishings in the condos are still great, the owner service has steadily eroded over the years since Wyndham acquired WorldMark.

Two examples: I have always booked our reservations online. Today for some inexplicable reason, I was unable to do so. I repeatedly received a pop-up box with a message advising that I could not calculate my points until June 21. HELLO! Today IS June 21. I finally resorted to calling the Reservations line. I was on hold a full 25-30 minutes before someone came on the line to assist me. I have never before had this experience when I have had an occasion to call WorldMark.

WiFi — Even the cheapest economy motel chains offer free WiFi, as does every single other timeshare resort where we have stayed, without exception. But not WorldMark. Unless you are a TravelShare member, you will be charged a daily rate to connect to WiFi at every single one of their locations. If you are a TravelShare member, you have free WiFi access, but you are limited to connecting only two devices. That is totally unsatisfactory and a ridiculous limitation. When it is just my husband and I, we have three devices. When we have our grandchildren with us, each child has two devices. I have complained to the people in the office at each resort (even though I realize they are not the ones who established this policy, but I hope they will pass on the complaint, so I always voice it).

I have written at least three letters and did not even once receive a response from anyone on the Board of Directors or from any corporate officer. The WiFi service is also very unreliable. I usually have to call in to a technician to have them make it operable from their end. Take note: The company which provides the WiFi service is a company owned by Wyndham/WorldMark. Furthermore, (as expected, but despite assurances to the contrary) the "owner updates" at certain locations are nothing more than a sales pitch to engender additional sales. It is very unfortunate that WorldMark is no longer independent and was acquired by Wyndham, a company that is all about generating revenue and not about seeking to please its timeshare owners.

Original review: April 13, 2017

Recently me and my husband booked a stay at Worldmark in Windsor, Ca to celebrate our 4th Anniversary. My mom is an owner. My husband has a service dog with us. We got to the Timeshare and checked in. Then we were going to drive to our spot. At this time, the lady that checked us in came to our car and told us that the dog was too aggressive and we had to leave the property. We were shocked. We came to this same Timeshare not long ago and there was no problem at all, so does all the other locations. That is why we were shocked. So does I took 5 days off work to have a good time.

We went to get food very upset, then back to the Timeshare to know the lady called the Sheriff on us. Wow... So the officer, the lady, and my hubby had a meeting in a room. In the meeting, that lady was so calm, and she changed what she said earlier to "You can stay, I just need to talk to my supervisor". For my husband's comprehension, she was lying. Because she changed her words without explaining why. My husband was so upset he was yelling which looked bad in front of the cop. So at the end my husband looked like the bad guy. All the stress that we experienced caused my husband and I to have anxiety attacks. He called 911 twice cause extremely high blood pressure and anxiety. Can anybody imagine to celebrate an anniversary this way? A complete nightmare.

That lady who was new to the job as a supervisor never apologized to us. But at the end the manager and other supervisors did apologize to us and even agree to change our location for the rest of our stay. I guess we did appreciate that decision. God, you would think my mom paid them all the money to get this? I also don't get how this lady did her job like we, the customers are worthless piece of crap.

Original review: March 10, 2017

I am never late with my payments, so I have never had the experience that seems to be the major complaint here - I have been an owner since the Trendwest days so it is not like I am new to this. As for the maintenance fees... do you own a home and have Home Owner Association fees? Some of those can be MUCH higher than the maintenance fees. That is the way I look at them. They are my HOA fees for my vacation home(s). I have to agree, at times in the past the sales pitches were pretty high pressure, but now they are leaning more toward owner education. Not that they don't still try to convince you that if you buy more points you will have more benefits. When I firmly state I am not interested in buying more points (I have 40,000) they usually back off and the required time is spent talking about where I have been... where I would like to go, etc. They are willing to find answers to questions and welcome suggestions.

Plus the gift cards or other perks are worth the time. I was in San Diego one time and was offered one thing which I wasn't all that interested in so I asked if it was possible for 2 tickets to the zoo and they did it! BTW this was long after the association with Wyndham so you can't say it was only Trendwest that would do those types of things.

Ah... the reservations for people other than owners?? Hm-m, my son and new daughter-in-law had their honeymoon at the Yellowstone Resort. We do family reunion types of things with reservations for several units... a lot of non owners there with me. I often have family members ask for a few days someplace. Is there a problem with that... isn't it all about family enjoyment?? Just because I am not there doesn't mean I am not benefiting from my membership.

Booking?? Unless there is a problem or I have some special requests, I book online, 24 hours a day, seven days a week!! I have also used "wait list" and have almost always been able to get at least something close to what I wanted for the length of time I want. Have you taken advantage of a party weekend? Yes, you have to spend a few dollars... but what fun!! I guess it really boils down to being a responsible borrower, an informed owner and willing to try new places and do new things.

Original review: March 4, 2017

I have a 90-year-old cousin who loves to travel and he told me to never buy timeshares for list price. Always buy in the aftermarket on eBay or Craigslist. I took his advice and bought a WorldMark resale on eBay. I paid $0.60 a credit. I thought there was no way I would lose money buying at that price, but it has gone down to $0.30 a credit. The truly horrifying news is that the list price is over $3.00 a credit. Don't do it. Resale is at a 90% discount. The math will not work at full price. I analyzed Hilton and calculated that theirs had no residual capital value.

We used our WorldMark from 10 years ago when our kids were small and it was great for us. Once the kids were grown, we sold it for $0.30 a credit, a 50% loss, and we started using hotels. Well the hotel experience sucks relative to a WorldMark condo and we usually spent $200 to $300 a night. The regular hotel prices have been going up as they said they would and the taxes and resort fees are substantial. But WM goes up also. So I just bought again on eBay for $0.26 a credit, and I hope that is the bottom. That is 2.5 times maintenance, so the long-term value is very suspect. The faster the maintenance fees go up the lower the resale value will drop. I just set aside this capital cost in my mind.

Here is my math. A 6,000 credit membership will give me about 8 days a year. Maintenance is $600, cleaning is $60ish per 2-day stay, so that is 3 cleaning fees. Variable cost is about $150 a night with points or bonus time. That is a pretty good deal. Much better deal if you can go mid-week. I also like the way the WorldMark locations give me destinations to target in my vacations. You can get more value by letting friends and relatives book mid-week bonus time. If you get 15 nights a year, the maintenance per night drops down. More weird math: it is cheaper to buy one-time credits at $0.075 per credit than it is own credits and pay $0.10 per credit per year maintenance. So I bought the minimum and will buy one-time credits when points works best for my needs.

Sales presentations are good and bad. They pay you $100 to listen for 90 minutes. Well if you do that 4 times a year, that will cover 2/3 of your maintenance. If you mention resale pricing they will give up easier. I plan to avoid the sales presentations by refusing at check-in and then disconnecting the phone line in the room. I do not plan to use a real phone number, so they cannot call me with offers. I plan to set up automatic payment for maintenance well in advance of the due date to avoid the collections nonsense mentioned in this forum.

Original review: March 1, 2017

I am writing to share my experience with WorldMark/Wyndham. We are owners and they over promise and under deliver. Their website opens at 6 am but their office does not open until 8 am. It is very difficult to book your vacation because they do not have enough available units for the popular resorts such as Hawaii. I have tried for a 10 days to book a unit in Hawaii working with their 13 months in advance policy. The system has blocked me out or not completed my reservation and by the time the office is open they say they are sorry and that it is all booked up. We were told that by buying more points we would have more access. Overall I am a dissatisfied owner.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2017

Shortly after becoming a member their policies started to change. Dues and housekeeping fees went up. Then when you made a reservation with your points you still had to pay for the use of timeshare. The biggest thing was the fact that WorldMark was booking up time for people that were not members so they could get them to buy in. Then they made it so owners could book up time and rent it out to non-members. This caused problems for the members as they were unable to book anytime. The last place we stayed (Long Beach WA) 85% of the people I asked that were staying there were not members. And we got a room on side of building with a view of the brush.

I agree with all the reviews about being sent to collections. The minute your account clicks over to the first hour of being late bam you are going to collections. For the amount we spent on yearly dues and the charges for housekeeping and other charges we could have rented a house 3 times over. So we did sell. Took a 15,000 loss and then the family that bought it have had nothing but problems trying to get it transferred. We began the process October 2016 and as of the end of January 2017 it still is not been completed.

There is no documentation when you call on your account so the next person knows what is going on. You will never speak to the same person. And speaking of collection we are being sent to collection and we don't even own the timeshare anymore. I tell everyone I know and blog continually about not buying into this company. I know there are a lot of members who say they have never had any problems, well good for you all. You are the lucky few that haven't. WorldMark way over sold and created this mess and they could care less. Bonus time what a joke.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2016

My story is like many others' here WM sending us to Pinnacle Recovery Inc. Totally ridiculous collection practices when auto credit card due payment did not go through. I posted new credit card, which they did not charge, but without any notice sent me to collections. I sent a check with a late fee and Pinnacle Recovery just keeps adding charges. Please email me your story to **. We need to stop Wyndham and its arm Pinnacle treating people this way.

Not sure about WorldMark TravelShare?
    Take our two minute quiz to find the right Timeshares for you.

WorldMark TravelShare Company Information

www.worldmarktheclub.com

Want to know more?
    You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business