San Francisco, CA

1.0/5 (35 ratings)

About WorldMark TravelShare

WorldMark TravelShare Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about WorldMark TravelShare?

Original review: Jan. 12, 2023

If I could rate the company lower I would. We were sold a trial to test out the timeshare under false pretenses and when we called to try and fix the situation they took months to figure out what they planned to do. We were told different stories from each person we talked with on their support team. When we purchased our contract we asked which locations it was available to be used at and wrote down the one that was most convenient for our family.

Due to family situations and Covid we were unable to use the contract right away but weren’t worried as we knew we had up to 2 years to use what we purchased. Jumping ahead when we finally were able to use it and really our last chance for a while, we called to schedule to find out they lied about where it could be used. They then went story after story about how they would fix the solution. Their solution was to offer up a vacation at one of their resorts within a short time frame knowing we wouldn’t be able take it due to my husband being military. I believe this company lies to sell a product they don’t honor and have rude and disrespectful staff that do not care about the people they scam.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2022

They are all a bunch of liars and we fell for it hook, line and sinker. Their customer service is horrible. We have been trying for 3 years to get some changes done. Don't fall for this company, they don't care about anything except the dollar.

Get buying tips about Timeshares delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2022

We have been owners for 22 years. We started out with 6K (the minimum in 2001). We were given a book with phone numbers and sent on our way. While in San Diego, we decided we needed more points to be able to travel to other locations, so we upgraded and signed up for Travel Share (Silver Elite). After a few years, we decided to drop TS as a complete waste of our money. With 20K points we could go anywhere we wanted (and did), and we got our free wifi and a movie ticket. We never once used the movie tickets other than to give them to young families. We looked into going on a cruise, but that turned out to be way more expensive than going directly to the cruise line.

Every resort we go to, I now tell them what we were told in San Francisco "You are no longer eligible for Owner Updates because you don't give us the opportunity to sell you more points". This happened in October 2019. We will never go to another Owner Update eg. Sales Presentation ever again. I don't care how much money they try to throw at us, no thanks. It's not worth the headache. Every time they come up with a new scheme, it's going to cost us the owners more money.

Some people, swear by Travel Share and call it the best thing since sliced bread. I have had the program for a few years, and I disagree with them. For us, at the level of ownership we have, there is no benefit. I pay for the Wifi on an annual basis and still save more money than having it with Travel Share. When we do let friends use the Timeshare, we tell them to politely say no to any and all presentations. If they get badgered, I tell them "Why pay for the cow when the milk's free". Over the past 23 years of ownership now, not one friend has purchased a Timeshare from WorldMark. I count that as a badge of honor.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2022

We have been owners of WorldMark for many years. We've enjoyed the vacations we've taken. Ever since Wyndham took over they've gone downhill. All they say is buy more points, buy more points, buy more points. They don't get the message. We say put us on a no call list.. then they call and want us to buy more points. We gave our daughter a weekend at 1 of the resorts and they took up so much of her time and would not listen to the fact she was not interested or doesn't even qualify to buy what they offer. They will hold your room key while they pester you. We have had to be very forceful when we check in so we can go to our room. I am horrified with the new "improved" website. What a nightmare! I'm looking forward to getting away in a couple weeks but also stressed because I know what I'm going to be dealing with.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2022

Fees, Fees Fees, parking fees, Wi-Fi fees, movie fees, monthly fees…even when the timeshare is fully paid for!! Fees for housekeeping if you vacation more than 2x even though they sell you credits, you still have to pay for housekeeping!! Fees now if you let the kids use it!!! It’s ridiculous now and NONE of this is mentioned when they sell it. But I love the resorts. Smh.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2022

I have been a WorldMark owner for 21 years and have enjoyed their properties in the past. But, they have changed and not for the better. As owners, you are at their whim to do whatever they want and not hold up their word on anything. They make changes and you have to live with it. These are the reasons for this negative review:

1. It’s hard to book. It’s always been hard, but the more and more they sell, the harder it gets. And I’m someone who knows the tricks. Now with their new website that is awful, it leaves you having to call customer service. I used to call and get someone quickly. Now, it’s a long wait. My last call was an hour!
    2. They changed their checkout time to 10 am. I don’t know any hotels who have this. If you have little kids, this timeframe is hard. You can’t check in earlier but now you have to check out earlier.
    3. You can’t use the amenities at a property on the day you check out. All other hotels let you do this in case your flight is later.
    4. If you have an issue, they can’t and won’t help you.. You are at their whim. They have no reason to service you once you are an owner and two decades of ownership does not matter! You pay maintenance every month (that goes up!) plus a crazy amount of fees, cleaning, internet (!!) etc for every booking.
    5. Their new website is soooo bad. We had a user friendly website forever and the new one is confusing. And it doesn’t even let you book 1/2 the time. Constant error messages and weird glitches.

6. Their new logo is disturbing. I mean, who comes up with 3 6’s and is ok with it?!.. Logos don’t happen by accident. From a long time owner, do better Worldmark!

Original review: July 26, 2022

This is what I think of WorldMark by Wyndham!!!! The new website that was rolled out several months ago is way beyond awful and totally unusable in comparison to the awesome site we had before. And then to top everything off it has not worked for me for over 6 days now. Everything I have had to do with my account had to be handled with calls to Owner Resolutions. That included making a reservation, adding a guest name and setting up a credit transfer (by the way the online credit transfer does not work). When will you the board for WorldMark realize, we owners are the most important part of WorldMark The Club????

Original review: July 22, 2022

On a weekend vacation, sales predators pressured us to go into the presentation. The presentation was not only 90 minutes, as promised. It was multiple hours because no one would let us leave when we kept saying no, we can't afford this and don't want it. They explain to me that it will be the best investment of my life. Secure vacations for my children for life and me for life at a meager cost. Offered gifts and extra bonuses. Three sales team members tried to sell, each putting on more pressure, and felt the last man was very rude and angry. Offer a one-time opportunity to buy more credits at a lower price. Credits would go up in value over time, and would never need to buy more. Promise to make money with my timeshare by renting it, and dues will pay themselves by renting it.

We were duped big time. I had no idea that this would end up being one of the biggest headaches and the worst hardship we've gotten into. The inability of places I want to go for the money we pay makes me sick to think about. My financial situation has become extremely severe due to circumstances beyond my control—medical bills after a wrong cancer diagnosis. Jillynn ** was aware of my medical bills and diagnosis. Somehow, she convinced me to upgrade due to the many benefits of possibly making money renting my timeshare. Upgrades will increase privileges and benefits. I thought my timeshares had an inherent value, like real estate.

Account overdrew on several occasions to make the payment. My credit score was negatively impacted. Please do not get a timeshare because they will sell you more points when you try to get out. This happened to me 3 times over the phone with Jillyan **. I have spent years and wasted efforts trying to explain this information to the timeshare, but it doesn't matter. They don't seem to care about anything except why I am no longer making payments. This company has run me into the ground financially and now has ruined my credit. I no longer have a savings account because of my payments to WorldMark. We have tried resolving the issue with them directly. It doesn't work either, so we need some help or advice.

Original review: July 14, 2022

I have been a WorldMark owner for over 20 years and it is the worst thing I have ever done. They pull you in with promises of how you can use your points for so many things, but then make it nearly impossible to book anything. Then, once you do - you are charged additionally for cleaning fees, exchange fees and have to pay those not only to Worldmark but to the "exchange property" as well. After our last visit (which we had to pay nearly $400 in fees for in addition to what Worldmark already gets from me), they sent me a bill for $120 for "additional exchange related charges". No explanation of what it was for.

I've tried calling 3 times to pay this and have sat on hold for HOURS. I even tried calling 2 minutes after they open and still have sat on hold for an hour now with no answer. I was trying to respond to a Waitlist offer, but they've denied my Waitlist offer due to the unpaid balance. There is no option to pay online and you can't get anyone on the phone - what a scam! Maintenance dues have done nothing but skyrocket over the years - I seriously feel like I'm being robbed every month. #dontbuyworldmark

Original review: July 11, 2022

We have been owners with Worldmark for 22 years and totally loved it until recently after Covid. Service has been terrible - customer service has been unreachable and maintenance fee's way too high. It has become a ordeal trying to book on a website that has been changed and has put us through all sorts of complications just to book a resort, when we was finally able to book a resort after a few months of just forgetting about it all the resorts are taken.

I noticed Wyndham has taken a lot of the Worldmark rooms we had used in the past separating from Worldmark owners and Worldmark Wyndham club members which I suspect has to do with the lack of rooms available - but whatever the cause may be it is hard to find available rooms. I have finally made a booking at a resort I found open for our anniversary in Sept. I just got a email today saying our reservation has been cancelled - for info please call 800 457-0103. My phone is on as I'm typing and like before I do not expect a answer. I had the phone on several times for the whole day and I know nobody is answering phone calls. I checked on my reservations site and it still shows my reservation as active. These people are as confused as our president! If anybody is making a lawsuit I would like to join along with them.

WorldMark TravelShare Company Information