1.44/5

Discover a great timeshare now

San Francisco, CA

81 WorldMark TravelShare Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 14, 2019

My fiance and I went to a four hour meeting at one of the Wyndham locations in Last Vegas two years ago. At the time, I was personally not very interested in joining the program but my fiance saw it as a way to help us travel more and spend more time on vacation. We decided to agree to the Discovery program which would take us through two years. Once our date was up, they told us they would contact us to discuss becoming full owners and transferring our payments then to a full ownership.

Two years came and went and no call was ever received from Wyndham. I finally decided to reach out to them and see what we could do or if we were interested in purchasing a full ownership. At this time, we had not used any of our points we were allotted in paying for the Discovery program, which is completely on us.

The first woman I spoke with was very sweet. She was kind and thoughtful, and was trying to help us not have a complete loss on $3500. She said she would get us in touch with someone who could assist us in getting a discount or possibly working towards full ownership even though our account had recently expired. She set us up a new meeting with a member of Wyndham corporate services at 6pm the next day.

This time it was a man who reached out to us, though ten minutes earlier than the expected call. I answered the phone and spoke with him for a time. The conversation at this point started to go downhill. The corporate representative was pushy, teetering on downright rude. He kept insisting to run my credit and tell me what I would qualify for.

When he was able to determine what prices he could sell his product, he kept going on about how he had one and how it was so useful and that they would try and incorporate our loss into a new loan with them for $17000. I asked him if I could have time to think about it considering how very expensive that was, and he defaulted back to his salesman pitch saying I wasn't going to get a better deal if I waited and that I was wasting this offer.

I paused a moment to discuss this with my fiance and let him take over the call because he had additional questions. This is where the call took a major downward turn. While he was relatively pleasant speaking with me, he did not react well to having the contract questioned and now having to deal with this. My fiance did not raise his voice, or react in anger or frustration, but tried to joke with the man to help curb his probing questions.

By the end of the call, the corporate representative was scoffing at us, belittling our comments, and was shaming us for not having spent our points prior to the expiration date. My fiance explained how we wound up moving and dealing with hospital visits so we did not have the opportunity to just go on vacation, but we were scoffed at and our concerns dismissed.

Ultimately, this is the worst customer service I have ever experienced from any company. I have never been verbally shamed for deciding against purchasing a product from anyone, and the fact that this company does that is completely unacceptable. I hope that whoever reads this knows to stay away from any of their sales pitches and their attempts to swindle you for lots of money. The fact that this man claimed to be a corporate representative tells me that even those that run the company do not care about you or your money, they only care about their profit. The moment you question their contract and their words, they backtrack and then decide to shame you for doing so.

If you read this, please do not give this company the time of day. I will happily pay out of pocket for any hotel wherever I want if it means I never have to deal with these people again. I will never recommend Wyndham to anyone after such awful customer service received from their corporate. No customer deserves to be shamed or scoffed at for being on the fence about spending $17000. I will happily take my money and spend it elsewhere and no longer support this business.

Original review: April 16, 2019

We purchased our WorldMark after a 4 hour presentation and put half down and have been making payments for a long time. We only purchased it because they assured us that our family members could go and use the timeshares without us there. Now they are charging a 99.00 fee or 129.00 if you have reservations do it on the phone. This is garbage. I think if enough of us complain they may change it. We wanted to book Inn of the Seventh Mountain for my daughter on her way home from her honeymoon for one night so they did not have to drive too far in a day. They want 126.00 for housekeeping, 99.00 guest fee plus a bunch of points.

I went to booking.com and it was listed for 140.00. Tell me what's right about this? We are getting screwed. So on top of our maintenance fees, loan payment each month, we now have to pay for our family. I work 2 jobs and my husband goes to europe to work 6 months out of the year, we knew we would not be using this as much as we would like to, but we were very happy that our children could enjoy the so called, according to worldmark "FAMILY BONDING TIME" THAT THEY SELL YOU ON IN THE PRESENTATION. We need to reverse this fee of 99.00. Please everyone call into Customer Care. They have to transfer you from reservations and make a complaint. They will tell you it's because of owners doing bnb but they need to give us at least 10 guest passes per year or they need to let us add 5 or 6 family members to the exempt 99.00 charge. Would love your feed back. Cindy **

Get expert buying tips about Timeshares delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 24, 2019

Unless you book almost a year in advance it's almost impossible to get a room, unless you want to book it through a 3rd party source like TripAdvisor. It doesn't make sense that owners cannot get first dibs on available rooms. My maintenance fees have doubled in the last 10 years. And recently I was able to get 4 nights in Palm Springs, which I thought would be great for me and two out of town guests. When we entered the Plaza Resort and Spa room, we were informed there was no air conditioning (this is in the desert people). After inquiring at the desk, I was told that they were sorry and had failed to notify anyone with reservations. Their only suggestion was to open up the sliding door and would provide a fan when one became available. No management was available to assist and WorldMark Owner care is only available M-F from 8 to 5.

In addition to being too hot to sleep until early hours of the morning, we had 1 of probably 4 extremely bright security lights beaming right into our room, we were close to the airport and planes landed well past 10pm, and it was nice to have a golf course nearby, not so nice to hear the maintenance that began before sunrise along with the high pitched reverse warning alarms on all the delivery trucks. I called customer care the next morning thinking they could easily resolve this.

This is a big company with lots of properties and expertise in vacation planning. What a letdown, I received a voice mail stating that we had 2 alternatives, leave and find other lodging on my own or stay at the 'Resort and Spa'. I returned the call and asked how high this had been escalated and I had her repeat that is was the Director of Owner Care. I requested that they open a case as this was not something I wanted to continue to fund by throwing good dollars after bad. The owner care specialist stated that this really wouldn't justify getting my investment and unused maintenance returned. I would encourage all who have had an experience like this to pursue complaints with the BBB and their state attorney general. It's always good to learn and sometimes even laugh about a lessons learned, take a look at at the following 'Count on Me' promise to valued owners.

"To be responsive to your needs I will be compassionate. I will anticipate my customer’s needs and will always respond with care and consideration. I will be empowered. I will own every issue I encounter, from start to finish. I will be dependable. I will respond quickly and consistently. If I can’t solve the problem, I will personally find someone who can. To deliver a great experience I will be hospitable. I will greet everyone I encounter with eye contact and a warm smile. I will have fun. I will be prepared. I will understand the service expectations of my position and ensure that I have the resources to meet them. I will personalize. I will always deliver on my customer’s basic needs and will ‘wow’ them at every opportunity to exceed their expectations."

Boy were we 'wowed' at the problem, solution and experience. By the way, after seeing all the mold on the A/C vents we were somewhat relieved that it wasn't working. I've taken photos and will be making the appropriate complaint(s) with the respective agencies.

Original review: March 13, 2019

I cannot express how disappoint I am with this program, it was a scam from day one. We were promised a vacation any time, any place we wanted. This has proved totally false as even a year in advance won't get you into most of their resorts. They were also making unauthorized withdrawals from my credit card that to this date have not been reimbursed. I had to cancel the cards and they are still undergoing investigations. Do yourself a favor and stay well clear of this company and their fraudulent behaviors.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

Do the math: Based on your annual maintenance fees plus your annual TravelShare fees. Divided by the points you own. You’ll get a dollar/cent value per point. So, I just called TravelShare to get a quote on a round trip airline ticket. WM TravelShare will change me 10744 points. At .07cents a point that’s over $1500 worth of points. That same ticket I can get online for $1000. So why would I spend $1500 worth of points for a $1000 ticket?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about WorldMark TravelShare?

Original review: Feb. 9, 2019

We bought into the program in the early 1990's, with retirement in mind although back then we were in our 30's. As a Platinum owner we are in the Personal Choice program every year, which allows us to use points for more than stays at the condos (airfare, hotels, etc.) and the points renew every year, that's like free money in our retirement days. I must agree, the sales pitches lately are really getting annoying and drives us crazy too. That being said we have stayed in some beautiful places and have had some wonderful family vacations that I'm pretty sure we wouldn't have done otherwise. We have had some great weekend and overnight stays also... The Wyndham Club Pass exchange has also been great. We stayed at a high rise hotel in downtown NYC for $99 exchange and some points used, same with Las Vegas. For us, this was a great investment.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

WorldMark is a terrible product. The agents have no knowledge of the product. Unless it's Wyndham they can't even be bothered with you. Anyone else have a similar experience and what did you do about it? Trying to cancel membership but they laughed that off as well.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

We have been plagued by trusting and buying into what we thought was a travel membership in 2015. The autopay was the first indication we were in trouble. After missing a payment only one time they sent us into a collection agency called Pinnacle due to their own problems with making setting up an autopay difficult. I tried many time to get help to no avail. We paid extra charges to the collection agency and then they raise our interest rate so high...all a scam to justify higher interest rate... We have never used our membership due to serious health issues since buying it. We continued to pay for months on something we will never use. We were promised we could file a hardship case and they never followed through. Recently Pinnacle offered us a payoff. It is a scam of all scams and they won't let up. They destroy your credit too by reporting and sending you into collections. We are going to get an attorney and fight them. Buyer beware.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

Don't waste your money. It's impossible to book anything good. Everything's always filled. You can't book one night on weekends. Has to be two. After you pay it off you are stuck with maintenance fees for life that go up every year. The resorts never look like they’re clean. Trying to sell my credits now.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2018

We have been owners for over 10 years before an experience that has made us afraid to return to any of the resorts. Our room at a location had dirty dishes and broken items when we arrived. I provided a bad review when called following our return home. WorldMark proceeded to immediately submit that to the timeshare location that subsequently created a bogus bill for a broken television. Outreach for help from WorldMark via mail goes unanswered and via phone is not followed-up. This lack of any support from them has caused us to mistrust any of the locations as well as the company as a whole. The only communication we receive now is offers to purchase more points or more requests for customer service feedback.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

We bought a membership when it was TrendWest and have NEVER REGRETTED IT. The initial investment was made from the proceeds of selling a mobile home at the beach we owned for 20 years and spent countless dollars and time keeping up. Now we arrive at our condo, enjoy the time with no chores to do and leave the key on the table when we leave. This is a far greater experience for everyone in our family and I would do it again in a heartbeat.

We have never had any problem getting reservations, even on short notice. Our son just came for a visit from Alaska and wanted to go the beach while he was here. We called in a Wait List a month early for any beach in Oregon or Washington and they booked us in Long Beach, Washington for the time we requested where we had a lovely visit. This was not the only time we succeeded with a Wait List request, but we do try to be flexible and keep expectations reasonable.

I agree that the overall cost is high, but if you want premium accommodations you can't expect Motel Six prices. Yes we have been to dozens of Sales Pitches and been paid hundreds of dollars in rewards that we spent and appreciated, but I have NEVER bought anything I didn't want from them and now enjoy our Platinum Elite membership to fully take advantage of our retirement lifestyle. We pay zero housekeeping fees, so condo hopping is great fun.

This year so far we have stayed at the beach several times, San Francisco four nights, Solvang California two nights and will visit the Presidential Suite in McCall, Idaho next month that I booked online two weeks ago. We have family in Boise, so they will be joining us. In my opinion, WorldMark is not just a timeshare investment, it's a wonderful lifestyle and the convenience is unmatched, even if you use Personal Choice to stay in a hotel like we did in Charlotte, North Carolina this spring. I read these reviews that complain about everything and it reminds me of Yelp, where you can find diametrically opposed reviews with the predominance of negative opinions in abundance, so I decided to add my two cents here to help balance the real story of WorldMark and how much I enjoy it.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2018

I have been a Trendwest/WorldMark owner for 18 years. I have always enjoyed each stay, but I feel constant stress when checking into the resort. They are constantly harassing me to attend a meeting or take an in room "15 minute" survey. Why do we need to go to the next counter for our "parking permit"? It's to schedule you for a meeting. I've complained to the resort management, but they blame the marketing company. The "parking permit" counter is a marketing firm and is completely separate from the condo portion of the company.

The manager from the marketing company said he would take me off the list so that when I check in, I would not be asked to attend these meetings. That was a year ago and I am constantly still being asked at each resort that I stay at to attend a meeting. The manager that supposedly took me off was at Anaheim. They are the worst. When I say no, they call me the next day asking me to reconsider. They also place letters under the door asking me to attend. The last thing I want to do on vacation is spend a few hours in a meeting or waking up early!

My last stay in Indio was the worst experience. My neighbors were really loud and playing music until 11:00 p.m. and the neighbors above us were running back and forth. The next door neighbors had trash in front of my door and placed their towels outside near my door. The front desk stated that sometimes over the summer the rent to non-owners. I said yes, you can tell that they are not owners. They were very disrespectful to the property. Our management company is accommodating visitors more than owners! After I left the resort, I thought about selling my timeshare. It's been constant harassment and my dues keep going up. I can't even get a pool at the right temperature and free wi-fi. It's not worth it anymore. In the end, hotels are cheaper.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

For one thing, it's almost impossible to ever get the places you want. They will tell you that it's just a matter of getting more educated, but I've been in the classes with the 'experts' and they couldn't do it either. And the unexplained charges continue to add up. It's bad when someone in Management can't explain a charge, yet can't remove it either. They continue to raise our maintenance rates, yet availability is getting worse. And they have some locations that "owners" still have to pay for, yet the general public gets access to at a lower rate. Last issue I had was that they had my auto pay info incorrect, and called to get a payment from me. When they explained, I understood and had no issue making the payment. But they wanted me to pay an $8.95 "Convenience Fee". Ummm... this was YOUR mistake, not mine.

Original review: July 31, 2018

Got roped in at a local event by a vendor tent of theirs... $75 for a week vacay/accommodations. They were advertising to Anaheim in their marketing posters/etc but they told us we could basically use it anywhere they go to. Asked if there were any additional fees later and she either said no or that it was only taxes... No mention of any other fees. Asked if there were any other catches with it that we should know about and said no. Went to the "door to door 2 hour presentation". The people were nice enough but we had to leave to go to a family event exactly 2 hours after getting there to make it on time. We ran out of time with the presentation and they basically couldn’t even get us a cost/deal to look at before we left because we had to get that from a manager and 'he was helping others who were likely buying'. Okay, whatever.

We left and got our certificate for the 'free week of accommodations'... First catch - you can only book it up to 30 days in advance... so no planning ahead and you'll probably pay a fortune for your last minute airfare. Fine, whatever. 2nd catch - Pretty much everything has an upgrade fee on it. The majority of them were about $1000 total for the 'free trip' and by the looks of the pictures/reviews, they're not anywhere you want to stay anyway and probably would cost $1000 for the week if you were booking on your own anyway. 3rd lie - they advertised heavily for free accommodations in Anaheim in their marketing. AND THERE'S NO ANAHEIM HOTEL OPTION...or anything even close.

I called the number that they offered and the guy said that... “Oh yeah, that's usually always booked.” I asked, “If I checked back another time, would it maybe be available.” His response was, “Maybe if you check all the time for it you might get lucky” but was basically telling me that, "Good luck, not going to happen." I guess what do you expect for $75 and watching a presentation but... I just don't know how these people sleep at night too. I've learned my lesson and I hope this helps others avoid wasting time/money.

Original review: July 6, 2018

I hope you’ve come here first and didn’t let them con you into purchasing right then and there. It’s a very clever con, they convince you to make the transaction right there and now without doing any research on the company. This company has terrible customer service. It took 3 weeks to resolve an overpayment and their resolution was to refund me the overpayment amount plus the monthly due amount. Making my account past due! And go ahead and try and fix that after spending 3 weeks trying to fix the overpayment.

If I could punch the founder of this company in the face I would. Sick to death of this nonsense and I don’t want to be stuck to you people for the rest of my life. They told me the TOTAL amount of the contract was 14,000. It wasn’t, It’s a little over 16,000. Which isn’t worth it. Don’t let these people con you. Do your research and price around. I don’t understand how a company can get away with such poor customer service. Why is no one shutting them down and stopping them from taking advantage of people.

Original review: June 26, 2018

We left my backpack with the management people at the WorldMark in Bend Oregon while we went hiking and waited for the room to be ready. It was about 1 pm. We returned at 9 pm and they had already given my backpack away, to somebody else, around 7 pm. They say there were two authorised names on the backpack, only one name was supposed to be on it. Now all of my work things and clothing and medication are gone. Someone, between day shift and night shift, mixed my bag with another bag. The guy at the desk allowed my bag to go, in place of the other bag. Whoever took my bag apparently didn't know it was not his??? How can they mess up luggage tags like this???

Original review: May 9, 2018

Just after getting married, my wife and I agreed to the basic level of timeshare through WorldMark. The orientation never happened, because the office was gone when we tried to come back for it. Had the timeshare for years and never used it, finally had an emergency and used it once by phoning and finally getting told how to do so. Booked a second trip to use it, and was facing medical issues. Went to their seminar and got CORNERED with a group of high pressure salesmen in Anaheim. Prescription drugs had upset my diabetes badly (over 450 BSL level), and I didn't understand all the details. I repeatedly asked to reschedule and wasn't allowed to do so.

Agreed to a small upgrade, and was told the monthly cost would be something I could afford. They filled out a credit application, and wrote that we earned $80,000.00 a year combined, a full $30,000.00 more than what we actually made. I pointed it out and was told, "That doesn't matter, don't worry about it." And that they would change it. Somewhere in there they filled out a credit card application for my wife for $14,000.00 to use as a "down payment," so we had a high interest bill for $14,000.00 as they maxed it out to get our cash. We thought it was some sort of bonus card for upgrading the way it was explained. Got home to first month payment to find it was around $800.00 a month, and the monthly fees had gone from about $30.00 to almost $200.00. They had promised the monthly cost to be about $450.00.

Still fighting diabetic issues, I was unable to read/understand much of the contract... But 3 months later realized they had used the first application saying we had $80,000.00 income. Guess we went from the basic level to something called "Diamond Elite." Tried to use credits to book travel outside their facilities and found that my yearly value was less than $1400.00 of travel.

Really, I pay in almost $13,000.00 a YEAR and can only get $1400.00 worth of travel?!?! Couldn't get anyone on the phone or online to address the issue or even slightly work with me on a bill we couldn't afford. Struggled to pay monthly bill, prevented us from actually taking any vacations, and had to give up many other things to make payment. Resorted to working on own older cars to survive and get to work. With loss of work, bill fell behind and our credit is ruined. Biggest scam/rip-off I've ever seen. Salesman's name was Bill **. Apparently one of their top sales guys. Avoid this company and person like they are Bubonic Plague.

Original review: May 7, 2018

What is the "explorer option" (or some similar name) and why do they have better rooms than I who have been an owner for 20+ years. Me... 2nd floor, him 10 out of 12. Really? Treat your owners better.

Original review: April 26, 2018

My family has been with WorldMark/Trendwest for more than 20 years. We have thoroughly enjoyed many ski trips, travel to various states and ocean get-aways. The places have always been clean and the staff friendly. I have never written a negative review until today. I was traveling with a friend to several Worldmark resorts in Texas. The New Braunfel staff were superb as were the staff and concierges in Austin and Stablewood. We went for an hour talk in Austin for an "information meeting" which was fine. We were upfront about not wanting to buy any more points.

When we arrived at Marble Falls they the concierge offered us a $100.00 dollar Visa each if we came to another talk in the morning. At first we refused stating we had just been to an informative meeting in Austin. We relented under pressure. The next morning we were told that only I could receive the $100.00 dollars since my husband was not there. That was ok, but disappointing. After being in the informative meeting for over an hour they asked my friend to wait outside. A salesman was brought in and was extremely rude. He said I should get the "gold card" to offset my maintenance fees. I wanted to learn more about this card but was never given a good overview. I was told I just had to swipe the card at participating places and it would reduce my fees. "How come I was never told this before?" It seemed too good to be true and it was.

I asked several times about the card to gain more knowledge. I was told it was not a credit card. "Just sign here, but not here", to get "the card". I asked why I was signing for a credit check if this was not a credit card. I was told, "No, we won't check your credit, you did not sign that box." My trust in staff at Worldmark has fallen. Two weeks later I received a PayPal credit card from Barclays Bank. Didn't Wells Fargo just get in trouble for the same tactic? If anyone wishes to file a class action suit please let me know.

The concierge in his pressure tactic even said, "if you don't care about this company just taking money from you over the next ten years you will sign here". At that point I got up and left. I felt belittled and spat upon. I was teary, mad, and very upset. Needless to say, once reacquainted with my friend, we spent the next couple of hours disappointed and wondering how we got sucked into having so much time wasted. I filed a formal complaint and was told two days later, "Sorry, we cannot do anything, you signed the papers." All I wanted was an apology for how I was treated.

Original review: April 10, 2018

Feb 3, I took a staycation in SF till Feb 10 because after 2 years dealing with cancer I decided as a 25 year gold owner 27000 points of my Trendwest, then World Mark, then Wyndham I could get rid of my allergy and relax. On Feb 4, I was in a so-called owner meeting at 10 am and escaped by 2:30 pm. I missed doing anything relaxing because I was so worn out by the encounter. Next day, I ran my 66 yr old body in Golden Gate Park from 8:30 am - 2:15 pm. At 2:20 pm I get a call from owner meeting group just a couple more pieces of info. I get roped in from 2:30 pm to 4:00 pm missing the Super Bowl party I was to attend. Got me for $23k for 7k point to go Diamond. $8k thru PayPal at 19.99% $8100 down payment and $500 per month for the next 10 years at 13.99%. I hate Wyndham. As a gold owner with only $1500 left to pay and regular $253/mo maintenance, I could see retirement in September.

Now, of $2200 Social Security they will get $500 the next 10 years and I will choose between my daughter (out of work) and grand-daughter rent help or the $8k downpayment. How long does it take for ** to get another job. We never recovered from the 2008 downturn. Wyndham vacation/staycation sucks... Also they faked me a promotional, provided an empty box, then sent it, by then 16 days later I was so disgusted I didn't open the box, sent in my Rescission letter and was told, "You passed the 7 day Rescission because it was sent to your home and you were just too late in receiving and responding back sucker. You rejected the PayPal, but, we put it back on and sucker you owe us. We are Wyndham not nice Trendwest. You can't get a owner's update without us keeping you for hours and wearing you down or tracking your movements to punk you."

Original review: April 6, 2018

I signed up to go to a presentation with the reward of 7 days free vacation if I watch their presentation, tour their hotel and attend their breakfast. I paid a $40 deposit and signed their contract. They then called me back to tell me that because I wasn't married that I couldn't attend and they would return my deposit. I don't recommend a company that discriminates on marital status as a criteria.

Original review: April 5, 2018

I am highly disappointed in our trip to the executive suite in Branson. We live in Colorado and only take a trip once a year for anniversary. So, needless to say, we put all of our eggs in one basket and go for the gold and expect it after paying for the property, taxes, maintenance fees. We were and always have been impressed and happy with all of the staff. I several times, from several resorts, have had conversation with staff that we need to complain to the executives because their hands are tied on maintenance. I am doing the math on how much revenue this company is making and we are not seeing the return on the cleanliness and upkeep of these rooms and suites.

We have now stayed at Steamboat, Estes Park, Granby, Branson, and Tucson. I am saddened by the fact that we were not taken care of by the company when in Branson when we were interrupted, made to wake on our vacation when we did not want to, told that our meeting would not be a sales pitch, I am not well and these moments are precious and when you are told you are not being sold anything but you need to get in your car and drive to another location for said non solicitation pitch, I feel that we should have been refunded our precious points and the precious time that it took to get my blood pressure and health back to normal from the stress of these salesmen.

We pay extra to have any of these resorts be nothing but spotless and taken care of to the highest and I have not been impressed thus far with so much within the executive decision making process to ensure each and every buyer/owner has the utmost care taken on all of these properties that we own. I take better care of my home than I have seen at some of these sites. Shame on WorldMark by Wyndham for not being more receptive and empathetic to the people that put food on their table and allow them to buy more properties.

Original review: April 1, 2018

I stumbled across these reviews of Worldmark and am overwhelmed with anger as I have ignored my feelings since becoming an “owner” in 1992. This was the biggest bad decision in my life. It has haunted me $ all these years. I too have experienced all the negative feedback listed by others. The Pinnacle collection was over the top. One alleged missed payment in 25 years? I couldn’t even talk to a real person to dispute the error, so I paid the fees! I’m so dumb, but they threatened my program of 20,000 credits a year.

I’ve lost or expired credits too, because why? Uh. Can’t book resorts that come close to my schedule. I even mark my calendar to call at 8 am or attempt to book exactly 13 months in advance. Nope, never made it to Hawaii in 26 years of “ownership”. I can’t even recoup my purchase value if I try to sell. Lol! And guess what, I bought at 1992 prices! Ovation is next but I know this will be a total loss $. And, yes, I have to pay for WiFi that’s worse than Econo Lodge. Hope this helps???

Original review: March 19, 2018

Poorly managed company who penalized owners for their own business failures. I regret 100% signing up with them and would hope not all are run in this manner. Customer service is from Wyndham and is atrocious, rude, unknowledgeable and condescending at every turn. There is an embarrassing amount of resorts that are unwanted and unused in areas of the US and they continue to purchase these and owners do not go, do not want to go and then are penalized. Many locations are not heard of, difficult to get to transportation wise and a poor purchase by WM. Wyndham gets priority over WM with all the new rules, it's a wonder they are able to stay afloat and I suspect will not for much longer. If you purchase timeshare from WM, you are in for a discouraging regretful ride... don't do it!

Original review: Jan. 3, 2018

We’ve been owners since the early years of Trendwest. Luckily, we haven’t had the terrifying problems that others have mentioned here. My wife is awesome at planning trips in advance, so if there is a place we really want to book, she’ll do it 13 months in advance, or get on the wait-list. She is also good at noting the bargains for staying in low seasons (we just spent a week at Ocean Shores for 3000 points). Thus we use our 40,000 points regularly, and in fact we have borrowed almost all of our points one year in advance. We love staying at the resorts and find our membership to be a great value. True, we will pay around $2600 in maintenance dues a year, but we will get about 5 weeks of vacation for this. That comes out to about $75 a day. The management at each of some 20 resorts we have used has always been extremely polite and helpful.

Yes, there is also the initial fee for joining, but we will enjoy our membership for at least 40 years. We bought some credit from the company but much of the rest through secondary sources and saved a lot. We also save on meals, knowing exactly what to expect from a Worldmark unit kitchen. Four people eating three meals a day at restaurants can add another couple hundred bucks a day to a vacation, and we cut that down by dining in and making our own meals.

In summary, if you like this type of vacation, are diligent to monitor your payments, and spend some time learning how to work in the system, it can be a good deal. I sympathize with those who have been pressured into buying something that they didn’t really want, though. The sales talks can be brutal at some resorts. I had to just get up and walk out in the middle once because I was so angry and insulted at something the sales representative said. Despite some unpleasant experiences, overall the good has outweighed the bad. We have had so many exceptional vacations that we otherwise would not have taken!

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

I hate this timeshare and all their shady practices. You can’t even get reservations to most of the resorts. They raise maintenance dues every stinking year. I pay $900 year to spend less than a week of vacation. Such a ripoff. Try selling it— won’t happen. They also falsified my income in order for me to get a Wyndham credit card— 2 times so I would buy more vacation credits. I cancelled my contracts on both occasions when I got back home.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

I have owned with this company since they were Trendwest (much better back then). Since WorldMark by Wyndham took over their customer service is terrible and rude. They treat customers like crap and it is impossible to make reservations. I have never been overdue on my payments and without notice I have now been sent to Pinnacle Collections who is trying to charge me additional fees. I have been on Automatic payments forever. I guess for some unknown reason the loan payment didn't go through but my dues Payment worked just fine. Without calling, emailing for notification they sent me to collections. I have called them numerous times and they refuse to help rectify the issue. I spoke with Pinnacle who says if WorldMark contacts them and revoked the collection it will be taken care of... WorldMark refuses to do so.

So currently they say I owe an additional $118 in collection fee plus late payment fees that WorldMark is trying to charge me. I will be looking into a Lawyer to deal with this situation and get me out of this horrible rip off timeshare asap. Save your money and use Airbnb or Expedia or those guys. With the amount you pay in maintenance & payments you could vacation like royalty. I’m very very frustrated and angry with this company. I am usually a very upbeat positive person but they know how to push someone over the edge.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2017

A timeshare is like owning a car. If you go on vacation and use your timeshare you will love it. If you buy a timeshare and never use it, it is a waste of money. I enjoy our timeshare because I spend time planning trips. We have stayed at several WorldMark resorts and they have all been very nice. Recently we stayed at Valley Isle in Hawaii (which we had to book 13 months in advance). Beautiful view. Definitely worth pre-planning for.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

The salesperson that sold us a Discovery package was very misleading about what resorts we would have access to. We tried to have our issue resolved by speaking with corporate customer service, who directed us back to our original sales manager. The sales manager then gave us more false promises that he did not deliver. Also, the hotel stay we got as an incentive for attending the presentation was at a very run down and borderline abandoned hotel.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

We've been owners since 1998; we first looked at ownership in 1991 when they only had 3 properties. We've been mostly satisfied with our ownership. We understand that at some properties it is more difficult to book, therefore one must plan a bit if you wish to stay at a certain location. At other resorts, there is availability at many times throughout the year. While we've noticed a downturn in the service and availability since Wyndham took over, we continue to book trips and use our credits for things we want to do. Very rarely are we unable to book a trip that we want. The biggest tip I can give is to thoroughly educate yourself about how to use the system, including waitlists. When you understand how it all works, one can enjoy the product a bit more.

WorldMark TravelShare Company Information