San Francisco, CA

1.0/5 (42 ratings)

About WorldMark TravelShare

WorldMark TravelShare Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about WorldMark TravelShare?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about WorldMark TravelShare?

Original review: Aug. 23, 2022

Fees, Fees Fees, parking fees, Wi-Fi fees, movie fees, monthly fees…even when the timeshare is fully paid for!! Fees for housekeeping if you vacation more than 2x even though they sell you credits, you still have to pay for housekeeping!! Fees now if you let the kids use it!!! It’s ridiculous now and NONE of this is mentioned when they sell it. But I love the resorts. Smh.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2022

I have been a WorldMark owner for 21 years and have enjoyed their properties in the past. But, they have changed and not for the better. As owners, you are at their whim to do whatever they want and not hold up their word on anything. They make changes and you have to live with it. These are the reasons for this negative review:

1. It’s hard to book. It’s always been hard, but the more and more they sell, the harder it gets. And I’m someone who knows the tricks. Now with their new website that is awful, it leaves you having to call customer service. I used to call and get someone quickly. Now, it’s a long wait. My last call was an hour!
2. They changed their checkout time to 10 am. I don’t know any hotels who have this. If you have little kids, this timeframe is hard. You can’t check in earlier but now you have to check out earlier.
3. You can’t use the amenities at a property on the day you check out. All other hotels let you do this in case your flight is later.
4. If you have an issue, they can’t and won’t help you.. You are at their whim. They have no reason to service you once you are an owner and two decades of ownership does not matter! You pay maintenance every month (that goes up!) plus a crazy amount of fees, cleaning, internet (!!) etc for every booking.
5. Their new website is soooo bad. We had a user friendly website forever and the new one is confusing. And it doesn’t even let you book 1/2 the time. Constant error messages and weird glitches.

6. Their new logo is disturbing. I mean, who comes up with 3 6’s and is ok with it?!.. Logos don’t happen by accident. From a long time owner, do better Worldmark!

Get buying tips about Timeshares delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 26, 2022

This is what I think of WorldMark by Wyndham!!!! The new website that was rolled out several months ago is way beyond awful and totally unusable in comparison to the awesome site we had before. And then to top everything off it has not worked for me for over 6 days now. Everything I have had to do with my account had to be handled with calls to Owner Resolutions. That included making a reservation, adding a guest name and setting up a credit transfer (by the way the online credit transfer does not work). When will you the board for WorldMark realize, we owners are the most important part of WorldMark The Club????

Original review: July 22, 2022

On a weekend vacation, sales predators pressured us to go into the presentation. The presentation was not only 90 minutes, as promised. It was multiple hours because no one would let us leave when we kept saying no, we can't afford this and don't want it. They explain to me that it will be the best investment of my life. Secure vacations for my children for life and me for life at a meager cost. Offered gifts and extra bonuses. Three sales team members tried to sell, each putting on more pressure, and felt the last man was very rude and angry. Offer a one-time opportunity to buy more credits at a lower price. Credits would go up in value over time, and would never need to buy more. Promise to make money with my timeshare by renting it, and dues will pay themselves by renting it.

We were duped big time. I had no idea that this would end up being one of the biggest headaches and the worst hardship we've gotten into. The inability of places I want to go for the money we pay makes me sick to think about. My financial situation has become extremely severe due to circumstances beyond my control—medical bills after a wrong cancer diagnosis. Jillynn ** was aware of my medical bills and diagnosis. Somehow, she convinced me to upgrade due to the many benefits of possibly making money renting my timeshare. Upgrades will increase privileges and benefits. I thought my timeshares had an inherent value, like real estate.

Account overdrew on several occasions to make the payment. My credit score was negatively impacted. Please do not get a timeshare because they will sell you more points when you try to get out. This happened to me 3 times over the phone with Jillyan **. I have spent years and wasted efforts trying to explain this information to the timeshare, but it doesn't matter. They don't seem to care about anything except why I am no longer making payments. This company has run me into the ground financially and now has ruined my credit. I no longer have a savings account because of my payments to WorldMark. We have tried resolving the issue with them directly. It doesn't work either, so we need some help or advice.

Original review: July 14, 2022

I have been a WorldMark owner for over 20 years and it is the worst thing I have ever done. They pull you in with promises of how you can use your points for so many things, but then make it nearly impossible to book anything. Then, once you do - you are charged additionally for cleaning fees, exchange fees and have to pay those not only to Worldmark but to the "exchange property" as well. After our last visit (which we had to pay nearly $400 in fees for in addition to what Worldmark already gets from me), they sent me a bill for $120 for "additional exchange related charges". No explanation of what it was for.

I've tried calling 3 times to pay this and have sat on hold for HOURS. I even tried calling 2 minutes after they open and still have sat on hold for an hour now with no answer. I was trying to respond to a Waitlist offer, but they've denied my Waitlist offer due to the unpaid balance. There is no option to pay online and you can't get anyone on the phone - what a scam! Maintenance dues have done nothing but skyrocket over the years - I seriously feel like I'm being robbed every month. #dontbuyworldmark

Original review: July 11, 2022

We have been owners with Worldmark for 22 years and totally loved it until recently after Covid. Service has been terrible - customer service has been unreachable and maintenance fee's way too high. It has become a ordeal trying to book on a website that has been changed and has put us through all sorts of complications just to book a resort, when we was finally able to book a resort after a few months of just forgetting about it all the resorts are taken.

I noticed Wyndham has taken a lot of the Worldmark rooms we had used in the past separating from Worldmark owners and Worldmark Wyndham club members which I suspect has to do with the lack of rooms available - but whatever the cause may be it is hard to find available rooms. I have finally made a booking at a resort I found open for our anniversary in Sept. I just got a email today saying our reservation has been cancelled - for info please call 800 457-0103. My phone is on as I'm typing and like before I do not expect a answer. I had the phone on several times for the whole day and I know nobody is answering phone calls. I checked on my reservations site and it still shows my reservation as active. These people are as confused as our president! If anybody is making a lawsuit I would like to join along with them.

Original review: July 6, 2022

Being a Worldmark owners for few years, I am extremely dissatisfied with their service. Their customer service is horrible and you have wait for hours to get hold of someone. It takes over 2 hours to talk to someone on their 800... number. I tried to use their website sucks. You can't do much there. I regret buying this timeshare. Their response time either by email or a phone call will take days, instead you have to call them again to follow up with your questions and again you have to wait for hours... This is unacceptable and hopefully something can be done to improve this. Don't buy this timeshare, once you pay them, that is it, you won't get a good service at all. Salespeople are looking to sell but at the end you get a crappy service. Anyone for a lawsuit for this company?

Original review: July 3, 2022

We have owned Wyndham Worldmark for some 20+ years and over the past 5 years their customer service and hospitality on visits has been horrible. And the problem is once you're an owner you basically are locked into having to use it. You can't simply retaliate by "giving someone else your business" on your next vacation so there is no way to push back. You have to just sit and put up with their poor service on literally everything from never being able to talk to a person on the phone (or being charged when you do or make the slightest change), not getting in to your room right away when it's time for check in (had a recent 4 pm check in and had to wait well over an hour until the room was even ready).

Even though there are always a million salespeople standing around pestering you to buy something more none of them can bother to help get their already paid customers rooms ready and just say "I'm not in charge of that". We have NEVER had an upgrade as they promise even tho we have always been a "VIP", we have been overcharged for cleaning fees on credit cards upon check in even though we left it in exact condition we were required upon leaving and have always increasing cleaning annual fees. And of course can't get a hold of a person on the phone to even dispute this. The list goes on... but once you're in, you're stuck. So you stay. And have to just grit your teeth and use it or be out the money. So just buyer beware. There are many strings attached. And no one to complain to or hold accountable once you're in. Because they simply don't care at that point.

Original review: July 2, 2022

I have always loved owning Worldmark, but just like the other reviews say, they have gone SEVERELY DOWNHILL recently. I understand there is a nationwide labor shortage but it's completely ridiculous to wait on hold for over an hour to talk to the reservations department! And I know that COVID may have a hand in a lot of units being booked BUT it appears as if they have oversold because there is almost NOTHING available! I thought there were bylaws that prevented them from overselling. I'm going to look into selling my points after owning them over 25 years. Unfortunately, judging from all of the reviews they may not be worth much anymore.

Original review: June 15, 2022

Why bother to provide 800 number if NOBODY pick up the phone, the new ownership and website sucks! Wonder if any other owners feel the same and thinking to sell timeshare. It’s not worth anymore to own timeshare these days. The maintenance fees so high.

WorldMark TravelShare Company Information