WorldMark TravelShare

San Francisco, CA

Compare Timeshares

Research top Timeshares recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I am never late with my payments, so I have never had the experience that seems to be the major complaint here - I have been an owner since the Trendwest days so it is not like I am new to this. As for the maintenance fees... do you own a home and have Home Owner Association fees? Some of those can be MUCH higher than the maintenance fees. That is the way I look at them. They are my HOA fees for my vacation home(s). I have to agree, at times in the past the sales pitches were pretty high pressure, but now they are leaning more toward owner education. Not that they don't still try to convince you that if you buy more points you will have more benefits. When I firmly state I am not interested in buying more points (I have 40,000) they usually back off and the required time is spent talking about where I have been... where I would like to go, etc. They are willing to find answers to questions and welcome suggestions.

Plus the gift cards or other perks are worth the time. I was in San Diego one time and was offered one thing which I wasn't all that interested in so I asked if it was possible for 2 tickets to the zoo and they did it! BTW this was long after the association with Wyndham so you can't say it was only Trendwest that would do those types of things.

Ah... the reservations for people other than owners?? Hm-m, my son and new daughter-in-law had their honeymoon at the Yellowstone Resort. We do family reunion types of things with reservations for several units... a lot of non owners there with me. I often have family members ask for a few days someplace. Is there a problem with that... isn't it all about family enjoyment?? Just because I am not there doesn't mean I am not benefiting from my membership.

Booking?? Unless there is a problem or I have some special requests, I book online, 24 hours a day, seven days a week!! I have also used "wait list" and have almost always been able to get at least something close to what I wanted for the length of time I want. Have you taken advantage of a party weekend? Yes, you have to spend a few dollars... but what fun!! I guess it really boils down to being a responsible borrower, an informed owner and willing to try new places and do new things.

I have a 90-year-old cousin who loves to travel and he told me to never buy timeshares for list price. Always buy in the aftermarket on eBay or Craigslist. I took his advice and bought a WorldMark resale on eBay. I paid $0.60 a credit. I thought there was no way I would lose money buying at that price, but it has gone down to $0.30 a credit. The truly horrifying news is that the list price is over $3.00 a credit. Don't do it. Resale is at a 90% discount. The math will not work at full price. I analyzed Hilton and calculated that theirs had no residual capital value.

We used our WorldMark from 10 years ago when our kids were small and it was great for us. Once the kids were grown, we sold it for $0.30 a credit, a 50% loss, and we started using hotels. Well the hotel experience sucks relative to a WorldMark condo and we usually spent $200 to $300 a night. The regular hotel prices have been going up as they said they would and the taxes and resort fees are substantial. But WM goes up also. So I just bought again on eBay for $0.26 a credit, and I hope that is the bottom. That is 2.5 times maintenance, so the long-term value is very suspect. The faster the maintenance fees go up the lower the resale value will drop. I just set aside this capital cost in my mind.

Here is my math. A 6,000 credit membership will give me about 8 days a year. Maintenance is $600, cleaning is $60ish per 2-day stay, so that is 3 cleaning fees. Variable cost is about $150 a night with points or bonus time. That is a pretty good deal. Much better deal if you can go mid-week. I also like the way the WorldMark locations give me destinations to target in my vacations. You can get more value by letting friends and relatives book mid-week bonus time. If you get 15 nights a year, the maintenance per night drops down. More weird math: it is cheaper to buy one-time credits at $0.075 per credit than it is own credits and pay $0.10 per credit per year maintenance. So I bought the minimum and will buy one-time credits when points works best for my needs.

Sales presentations are good and bad. They pay you $100 to listen for 90 minutes. Well if you do that 4 times a year, that will cover 2/3 of your maintenance. If you mention resale pricing they will give up easier. I plan to avoid the sales presentations by refusing at check-in and then disconnecting the phone line in the room. I do not plan to use a real phone number, so they cannot call me with offers. I plan to set up automatic payment for maintenance well in advance of the due date to avoid the collections nonsense mentioned in this forum.

I am writing to share my experience with WorldMark/Wyndham. We are owners and they over promise and under deliver. Their website opens at 6 am but their office does not open until 8 am. It is very difficult to book your vacation because they do not have enough available units for the popular resorts such as Hawaii. I have tried for a 10 days to book a unit in Hawaii working with their 13 months in advance policy. The system has blocked me out or not completed my reservation and by the time the office is open they say they are sorry and that it is all booked up. We were told that by buying more points we would have more access. Overall I am a dissatisfied owner.

Shortly after becoming a member their policies started to change. Dues and housekeeping fees went up. Then when you made a reservation with your points you still had to pay for the use of timeshare. The biggest thing was the fact that WorldMark was booking up time for people that were not members so they could get them to buy in. Then they made it so owners could book up time and rent it out to non-members. This caused problems for the members as they were unable to book anytime. The last place we stayed (Long Beach WA) 85% of the people I asked that were staying there were not members. And we got a room on side of building with a view of the brush.

I agree with all the reviews about being sent to collections. The minute your account clicks over to the first hour of being late bam you are going to collections. For the amount we spent on yearly dues and the charges for housekeeping and other charges we could have rented a house 3 times over. So we did sell. Took a 15,000 loss and then the family that bought it have had nothing but problems trying to get it transferred. We began the process October 2016 and as of the end of January 2017 it still is not been completed.

There is no documentation when you call on your account so the next person knows what is going on. You will never speak to the same person. And speaking of collection we are being sent to collection and we don't even own the timeshare anymore. I tell everyone I know and blog continually about not buying into this company. I know there are a lot of members who say they have never had any problems, well good for you all. You are the lucky few that haven't. WorldMark way over sold and created this mess and they could care less. Bonus time what a joke.

My story is like many others' here WM sending us to Pinnacle Recovery Inc. Totally ridiculous collection practices when auto credit card due payment did not go through. I posted new credit card, which they did not charge, but without any notice sent me to collections. I sent a check with a late fee and Pinnacle Recovery just keeps adding charges. Please email me your story to **. We need to stop Wyndham and its arm Pinnacle treating people this way.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about WorldMark TravelShare?

I had a contract with them for years under TrendWest, never had problems. The minute they changed to Wyndham, it was nothing but awful. Their agents act nice and helpful, but they send you to collections with one late dues payment. To make a long story short, I paid an attorney to get my contract cancelled because they lied to me so many times (They admitted it!). That was several months ago. I am still getting bills in the mail saying that I owe money. I don't owe them anything, and I have the legal contract to prove it. Still, it's inconvenient to have them harassing me, even if only via the Postal Service.

I paid my maintenance dues late and around the same time I received a collections notice. I disregarded because I paid my dues. Then I received a notice from collections for the dues I paid AND FOR FUTURE MAINTENANCE DUES with interest - even though I never received a bill from World Mark. So now, my future bills are being processed through a collection agency? How can a future bill be in collections??? This company is horrible - after the sale is made you find out it is not so easy to use the program and their customer service sucks. In fact, I think it is their practice to be difficult and keep increasing dues so owners give up their memberships and they resell people's membership. What a racket!!!!

Do not get suckered into their NONSENSE! Save your time and keep clear of their lying and **. If a deal sounds too good to be true, trust me on this, with WorldMark it's DEFINITELY not going to be true. The only thing this company is good at... is LYING.

I just arrived home from a week long trip where I stayed at the Worldmark Indio in California. I had booked online what I thought was a hotel. When I arrived to check in I was asked to go to the concierge to obtain a parking permit. The woman there informed me that this was NOT a hotel but, a timeshare. She was very persistent in trying to get me to go to a two hour presentation. Being lured by a free breakfast and a prepaid gift card (not higher than $1,000 and not lower than $50) I decided to go the next day. I got to my one bedroom condo that evening and was impressed at how spacious, clean and modern it was.

The next day, I went to the presentation and was very impressed with how much money I was about to start saving on vacations by buying an ownership into Worldmark. It all sounded so good but, I wanted time to think about it. I'd heard countless horror stories from people who had been burned by buying into timeshares but, Worldmark seemed like one of the good guys. I told them I needed time to think about it. They said they were 'no pressure' but, that prices were going up soon and if I wanted to lock in to the price offered I'd need to sign up that day... THAT SOUNDS LIKE PRESSURE TO ME! But, I stood my ground by saying that I will not make a decision on that day.

That evening I got on my tablet and found this site. There are many people here who feel like they've been burned whether it be broken promises, late fees, outstanding balances going to collection without Worldmark letting anyone know that their accounts were being turned over to collection. Those just seem like the most common complaints. The list goes on and on. Something told me that Worldmarks' presentation and promises seemed too good to be true. And, when things seem too good to be true, they usually are. Thankfully, I read so many complaints here against Worldmark. I almost bought into this. Now I'm glad I didn't.

First, the 90 minute meeting went on for 3 hours. They said they would delay the credit card billing for 3 months. Lie, it took 1 day. Next, we have a 14 day window to cancel the agreement. We didn't get the paper work until 16 days. Then the places we were allowed into were decreased from hundreds to 20. They never let you have the dates that you reserve unless you buy a book that list them. They sent me one for the last year. And now I hear that they overbook most of the dates. They are very good at cheating the public and it will come back to bite them. I won't stay at any of their hotels.

I'm in my early 20s and love to travel. Got suckered into this thinking it was a wonderful opportunity. At the time, it was! But then my life took a turn and the 15% APR that they set me up under couldn't be adjusted since I purchased this only 4 months ago. I was informed that if I upgrade, they will lower my interest. I upgraded from 5,000 credits to 13,000. Nope... My debt went up, down payment went up, and interest stayed at 15% APR. Told them that my budget was $400/month and I couldn't exceed it. They pushed and overextended it by $40. I was ok with an extra $40. They failed to mention that my quarterly maintenance fees (1 payment of $110 every 3 months) would now be $100 every month. So surprise... surprise!

I look at my bank account and I'm missing $540 instead of $440. Call them and get a bunch of excuses. Second month rolls around, nothing is taken out of my account. I receive a call stating that my card was declined. False, my bank account has nearly $800 from the 1st of the month to the 10th. Check with the bank and they confirm that there were no attempts to withdraw the money. Update my card again with WorldMark (still the same card from last month). Third month rolls around, another call... "Card declined"... Go to the bank... Same story as the month before... No attempts to withdraw the money. Update my card yet again (still the same card that they charged the next day after calling me last month). Payment goes through. While on the phone, they suggest I add my ACH (account number and routing number for direct withdrawals). I give in and give them that. Smooth sailing for the next months.

Should also mention that they told me that if I open their WorldMark/Wyndham Barclay Card (credit card), I can use it to pay for my maintenance fees and lower my expenses... False. APR is high and they keep charging me so much that I'm over my budget by $200 every month. Also, they opened a PayPal account in my name to put the down payment on which is also at a ridiculous APR and I'm at an additional $100 over budget.

Last month I call them up (and inform one of their sales reps at the session that I drove up to) to let them know that an emergency came up and I need to use a portion of my payments to them to cover my emergency and ask them to hold off on taking the money out until the 9th of this month (my payday). They acknowledge it and overdraft my account by $700 yesterday. I'm a very positive person that rarely... and I mean RARELY gets negative emotions like anger or fury... I'm FURIOUS right now.

After extensive research, I found the following: Financing $26,000 for 10 years will come out to ~$57,000. Fine print states that maintenance fees are lifelong: ----> $100/month x 12 months=$1200/year on maintenance fees. I'm 24 and plan to keep this for at least another 40 years before leaving it to my future kids (If I ever get married and have any). This means that over the course of the next 10 years (since I purchased it and to the day that I pay off my ownership) + 40 years (after the $57,000 has been paid off) I will have spent $60,000 on maintenance fees ALONE. $57,000 (paid off amount (10 years)). +60,000 (maintenance fees for 50 years). $117,000 invested for only 13,000 credits/annual. They never mention any of this. If you miss a payment, I've found out after researching, they will send you to collections without any notice.

Filling for Bankruptcy will cost approx. $1500 in my state with attorney fees. Will stay on my record for 10 years but I will get out of paying $69,000 + WorldMark/Wyndham CC + PayPal (downpayment). Outcome of this nonsense: Do not even attend their presentations. THEY ARE VERY GOOD WITH TALKING BS AND KEEPING YOU THERE FOR 4 HOURS UNTIL YOU GIVE IN AND BUY/UPGRADE. You will have a noose around your neck for the rest of your life!

Like many of the complaints I have read, beginning 2000, my experience with WorldMark under the administration of Trendwest was positive and enjoyed. My experience doing business with WorldMark after the transition to Wyndham has been a nightmare. In 2009, I added additional credits to my membership with Wyndham, and was deceived into believing that the interest charged was only for the new credits added. However, after it was too late to cancel, discovered that the interest was being charged retroactively to the beginning of my original membership in the year 2000 for credits I had already paid off. Under Trendwest, I paid off membership credits twice before Wyndham took over the resort, and was never charged interest retroactively.

I paid off my contract early, and made all payments on time. Immediately (the following month), my maintenance dues account was sent to collections for a late payment. The payment was late, but I attempted to notify WorldMark via written correspondence of my financial hardship and my intent to bring my account current, but never received a response. My account was sent to collections without any written notification from WorldMark. I received a notice of collections from Pinnacle dated the 11th of July 2016. This was not the first time my dues had been late, and I was never sent to collections and always brought my account current. I paid the account in full including all late fees and collections fees on-line on the 19th of July.

On July 30, 2016 I checked the balance owed for my maintenance dues account via the automated telephone system for WorldMark and discovered that I still had a balance due. However, when I contacted WorldMark, the balance due was for August. The WorldMark representative informed me that all of the records for my maintenance dues had been transferred to Pinnacle when my account was sent to collections; and the rep could not view my account. Also informed me that I would not be able to make pay my maintenance dues directly to WorldMark, but had to make my payment to Pinnacle.

I asked, now that my account had been paid current, would my account be restored with WorldMark. The representative confirmed that it would be restored, and informed me that it normally takes two weeks after the payment has been processed and posted to my account at Pinnacle. I informed the rep that it had been two weeks since I made the payment in full. The rep could not provide any assistance to resolve the problem; and, when I informed her that I was unhappy with WorldMark by Wyndham’s business practices, asked me, “You don’t want to be an owner anymore?”

On August 1, 2016, I contacted Pinnacle via telephone to find out why my account had not been sent back to WorldMark. The representative/receptionist informed me that I still had an outstanding balance; and that WorldMark had sent the payment due August 1st to Pinnacle on July 7th. The account representative told me it was sent to collections on July 13th.

My concern is that although I make all the payments in full to bring my dues current, my account will remain in collections; because Pinnacle will hold the account for at least two weeks or longer after processing. Although I made the payment immediately, my account may not be restored in time to make September’s payment to WorldMark resulting in me having to make the payment to Pinnacle. Thus, more late and collection fees when in reality my payment is not late or yet due. (Dues are due the 1st of every month.) If payments are not made to Pinnacle prior to the 11th of the month, collection fees will be charged. Pinnacle generated its billing statement on July 11th which did not include the August payment. If I had not called, I would not have known about the August payment being in collections; and of course, I do not have access to my resort membership while in collections.

I have sought legal representation to resolve the matter. It was suggested that although I am resolving my dispute individually, that I contact other owners for the purpose of considering a class action lawsuit.

When WorldMark was Trendwest my husband and I never had issues. Since Wyndham took over there are too many to list. I am seriously appalled at how we were just treated regarding my auto-pay for loan and dues being declined in July. I was notified 8/4 that I now owed for 2 months. It took me a second to realize that meant I had a 30-day late on my credit report. We received no phone call from them once it was late in July after the auto-pay declined. They claim they sent a letter, which they may very well have but our son died at the beginning of July and we have been overwhelmed dealing with that. Even after explaining that and speaking to a "manager" they refused to reverse the 30-day late reporting.

We have been frustrated with all the same complaints I see here (only having a small amount of rooms set aside for WorldMark owners, no availability like there used to be with Trendwest) but we're working through that. I've even been working through getting a royal screw job at the San Francisco location, being tag-teamed on an up-sale which I couldn't get out of after the 7-day grace period because I was still on vacation and didn't realize what had actually taken place until it was too late.

This company calls me at least once a quarter to try to sell us more points and "reduce our interest rate", even after countless times of telling them after last July that we were completely dissatisfied with how we were treated/snowballed/tag teamed. They refuse to offer a reduced interest rate unless I buy more points. But they keep calling and can't give me a courtesy call when my auto-pay declines? Nice. We have been members in good standing for 12+ years. I see that others have recently had issues with auto-pay cards, credit agencies, etc. This latest action by the finance department has us rethinking our Diamond Elite status like, that there is nothing "elite" about any of it. Do not buy into this resort membership. Too expensive for this much hassle.

WorldMark is a great money maker. Wonderful promises made of waitlisting for the Presidential Suite, great places to stay, go any time of year, personal concierge. Well, the only thing you can count on besides death and taxes is maintenance dues, fees to pool credits for RCI, local housing fees, motel tax and probably not likely to ever get a presidential suite. Keep your money. If you want to set aside money every month, as if you were paying maintenance dues, then you will be able to have a sweet vacation somewhere. Make it your own choice!!!

I have been an owner since 1992 and have never had a late fee associated with my quarterly dues until this past quarter. I find it reprehensible that as an owner of my stature, that I was not given a courtesy call regarding my late payment. Living in Alaska my statements always arrive either the day they are due or late. I've asked for my statements to arrive earlier and have been told that WorldMark isn't able to do so. Since 2001, I have paid the late fee to ensure that my billing was current and free of any default. This past quarter, due to job change, payment to WorldMark was late, and I paid late fees. However, I was not aware that my account had been referred to collections and was shocked to find that I had additional fees due.

I tried working with WorldMark and they flatly refused to help. I emailed the Board of Directors and to date have not heard a word back. As such, I am in the process of working their Ovation program to get rid of my ownership. I have no desire to be an owner in a company that places little priority on owners with integrity and in good standing.

My due payments were late. This is first time this has been mentioned to me and I found out by some collection agency. I am shocked that I had not received a courtesy call and Ive been an owner for at least 15 years and barely ever use the timeshare. Its such a waste of money. Im in Canada so my dollar is not going very far, especially when I get a trip out of it every 3 years.

I think I just want to try and get out now. The service is not exceptional and the dues are way more than what they should be for the accommodation they offer. There is nothing spectacular about the place, and I could get a much better place to stay for the amount of money paid over the years in dues and fees and whatever else they keep charging for. I guess young and stupid is my excuse. Now that I'm older I need to smarten up and figure out how to get rid of this money trap. I do not recommend anyone tying themselves into the payments of WorldMark. You can do much better than this renting directly.

I have been a member of WorldMark since 2005! I have been very diligent in paying off my loan and dues every month. My loan was paid off last year (2015) and now I only pay for the dues. Last September my card on file to pay my quarterly dues expired which I was not at all aware of. Not even a month after my card declined the automatic draft, WorldMark did not bother notifying me that my card did not accept the payment as they had done years prior. They did not call me, not email me or even snail mail me! Instead they sent my dues account over to Pinnacle collection agency which sent me a letter about a month later notifying me of my outstanding unpaid bill with WorldMark! I'm shocked that this is how I am learning about this!

Why didn't WorldMark who I was in business with and making diligently monthly to for the past 10 years notify me that my card on file had declined the payment. It would have been an easy phone call to fix. Yes, You would think they would call me out of decent courtesy at least since I have been a good customer for 10 years! Nope, not at all! They sent it and all my account details to an outside collection agency -- Pinnacle! WorldMark refused to even talk to me about the account until the bill was paid in full to Pinnacle because they had already transferred the account over to them! Well, I paid all the money required from Pinnacle including their interest and fees totalling $347.66 on 11/15/15. Well, I'm thinking my account is in good standing now. I entered in a new card for my auto draft set up and received my confirmation code for that.

Well, in February I noticed that my dues were not paid by the credit card that was on file and I was now getting a late fee tacked on to the bill. I call in and talk to the rep and he is unsure why their system is not taking the auto pay out of my card that is on file. He apologizes for the inconvenience and removes the late fee and takes my payment over the phone and sets up my credit card again on auto pay. Again, I am thinking this is all straightened out until I get a bill from Pinnacle on April 15 telling me I owe them $54.33 club dues, $11.94 collection fee, and my total payment due is $218.8!!! My next quarter is not even due until 5/1!

I call back WorldMark and they tell me that Pinnacle still has my account despite the fact that I paid them in full in November! Furthermore, they tell me the CC cards that I have left on file for auto pay have been deleted!! This is so crazy ridiculous that if this is not some sort of weird paperwork mixup then it is most certainly illegal! The rep told me the shareholders voted on this!!! They apparently voted to not give anyone any notices ever but first line is to send it over to a collection agency where they can gouge you for more money every month for the rest of your life (maintenance dues are for life) in extra fees and penalties. My account should be with WorldMark and payment should have already been drafted and I shouldn't have to worry any further and would not be spending my time writing this long review! However, this is not the case!

I spoke to one financial supervisor at WorldMark to help figure this whole thing out. This was on 4/21. She was supposed to send me an email with update. No word yet. No email yet. I call again and talk to another supervisor who is now trying to figure out what is going on with my account and also why the first supervisor dropped the ball. No word yet, still waiting! Meanwhile, Pinnacle (their new dirty evil sidekick) keeps a knockin!! We need a class action against WorldMark for their unethical ways and bullying sales tactics! They should not be allowed to get away with this for so long!!

We were Trendwest members for more than 10 years with no problems, before WorldMark took over. Been trying to resolve an issue for almost a year. WorldMark stop sending invoices and start adding fees with no explanations or statements. When we contacted WorldMark for answers their only response is that they are locked out of our account and we must deal with Pinnacle. How strange.

In writing to Pinnacle requesting information about fees, dates, and assorted details no response has been received. We send our payments to WorldMark only to find out a month later instead of crediting our account portions of the payment are being forwarded to Pinnacle thereby creating a outstanding balance. And still no statements from WorldMark. We wrote a letter to the board of directors and received a reply that we would be contacted within 2 days. Still no response. Not a good feeling here. We are paid in full members and can't get a simple answer or a response. Is there any type of class action going on here?

Buyer beware. WorldMark/Wyndham is in collusion with Pinnacle over dues, payments, fees. They bounced my account over to Pinnacle collection in February. I had my quarterly dues payments on auto bill pay and it happened to timeout in December and I didn't notice it. My investment is paid in full and I've owned these shares for 20 years.

The reason I think this is a scam is because all they had to do is send me a pre-or-post reminder that the quarterly payment is coming up. I've been trying all week to talk to someone at WorldMark who will tell me why the company chose to NOT use email reminders. I've also asked for WorldMark to get my account back from Pinnacle. I've also asked if WorldMark/Wyndham gets a cut of the fees from Pinnacle. All they say is call Pinnacle and won't answer any of my questions. The company is rotting from within and I think both parties are shaking-down their built-in, locked-in investor base.

I just read the ordeal of someone who bought 6000 points for a total of over $28000! plus maintenance fees of over $600 per year. A total rip-off. I bought 6000 points back in 2006 and at the time I bought it because, after a high pressure, don't-take-no-for-an-answer sales ordeal, the salesperson promised me that I could sell my vacation week for much more than the yearly maintenance fees, so it would be a great "investment". He even handed me a sheet with the names and point of contact information for several vendors who would help me with that. This pushed my wife and me over and we decided to go ahead with the purchase even though we knew that we would not be able to use it much ourselves due to our financial situation.

The next year, when our first week was available, I contacted one of these vendors that WorldMark told me would help me sell my week. They charged me $200 to advertise my week and nothing ever happened. My points rolled over to the next year. I tried to sell again, and again nothing happened. No one is buying these things because they can get as good a deal or better in the open market. The sales pitch was full of lies and WorldMark continues to lie to people and get them into these really bad deals.

I paid off my purchase by putting it some years ago but I have tried to let go of it because there is absolutely no value in the timeshare and it is actually a liability.

Each year I have paid the dues and I may have used the timeshare only a handful of times in the 10 years I have owned it. I hope people read this and don't get conned into WorldMark. If you own with WorldMark and are unhappy and feel that you were lied to during your presentation, please go to getworldmarkback dot com and join me in a class action to free ourselves of this burden.

Stayed at my in-laws' Resort (Wyndham Worldmark) March 2016. They said if we sat in on their presentation we would get a free show and 125.00 AE gift card. So we attended it. High Pressure sales, "won't take no for an answer" type. We ended up getting the lowest package - 6000 credits roll over each year. 235.00 a mo for 10 years plus 59.00 a month maintenance/hoa fees. We thought we could handle it at the time. Later that day we got talked into another place, and this place was more affordable, better service, no blackout dates, etc.

We decided to sign up with Sapphire instead. 79.00 a weekend in a 1-3 br condo, was much cheaper than the pitch Worldmark had and 125.00 mo. 214.00 a year for fees. This is good for 30 years not lifetime. Anyhow, we got home after our trip. Had 3 days left to cancel Worldmark - Thanks for Nevada law. Typed up a letter, my wife and I signed it, mailed overnight to their Rescission department. Cancelled - effective on the date signed. Thank goodness we came to our senses.

Owner for 20 years. All this company cares about is high pressure sales. They either try to force me into presentations while I am trying to enjoy one of the resorts. The only thing I am thankful for is that my credits are paid off. Now I just get to watch my dues, cleaning fees, and any other charges skyrocket at a rate much higher than standard inflation. Not happy either with the late billing and no notices given until after a late fee are generated. What happened to on time billings with due dates.

David, employee number ** of financial department - flat out lied on their accounting processing. Back in 2010 I was the victim of identity fraud, to which my credit card company had reset everything. One downside was on the auto-pay side for my WorldMark account which lapsed the following March. In May I called into WorldMark because I was leaving the US to work abroad, just to make sure everything had been current. I had been told that there were problems with the account. Therein I updated everything with WorldMark and cleared the account of any dues. I also asked if I could input my international telephone number and mailing address, to which the response was that all must be US or Canada based.

Now the bizarre thing happens, for one reason or another, the lady whom I spoke with assured me that I was up-to-date, but then within the system she inputs "will call back to make dues payment". From then until today, all the auto-payments had been successful, but she did not process the dues at that time. So from then until today, fees had rolled on and now the due were sent to Pinnacle - a debt collection agency. I called, international, to WorldMark and after Reservations (as their financial department is unlisted) transferred me to Financial department, the first representative whom I spoke with (Donna) had agreed that it was extremely bizarre and she sympathized with me on what had happened and admitted that it did indeed seem to be their fault but that anything was outside of their power.

She transferred me to her supervisor (David) who then began to take on the legal jargon and avoid any and all fault - and actually on the spot, claimed that WorldMark had made numerous attempts to contact me and sent the 2011 debt to Pinnacle that same year - and that for five years, Pinnacle had tried to collect from me even though for that entire time, Worldmark had been successfully collecting quarterly dues from me.

Now interesting thing when I spoke with Scott from Pinnacle just now. He said that WorldMark had not contracted with Pinnacle until this year and that they did not receive any notice to collect on a debt on behalf of WorldMark until Nov. 2015. So, David had been completely lying through his teeth on all account and simply answering to avoid admission of ANY fault on behalf of WorldMark. I have no issue with people trying to avoid fault, what I have a huge issue with is when they flat out lie to cover up over their own gross negligence.

I have been an owner since 1998. My maintenance dues are automatically taken out of my account. For 1st time ever, one quarter was late ($263), really. WorldMark sent me to Pinnacle collection. I paid them, their fees, late fees etc. Tried to book for a two day and was told, I still was in collection until I pay Pinnacle the next quarters due that are due in February. It's not even February yet. I use to love WorldMark. Even bought extra credits when I could but ever since Wyndham took over, the quality of services, family centered environment and general way they treat life time members is reprehensible. If I don't recommend this to anyone. BUYER BEWARE! THEY LIE. THEY TAKE Advantage and treat their regular long time members like crap. I only have to pay my quarterly net dues all under $265 and it is still NOT WORTH IT.

Problems w/ booking vacations due to availability. Sales stated it was because of the level in which we were members & higher levels would give more access. Contract cancellation 7 days but could not access the account for 14 days. Fraud?!

We signed up in January 2015, was promised a FREE trip to Hawaii, well that didn't happen (never had any trip) even though we had paid the taxes on it (yes it really wasn't free after all). During the presentation we were feeling maybe this would be good for us - force us to take vacations but after paying $6500 upfront via Paypal and signing by doc u sign, found out it really wasn't for us. They distracted us throughout our signing and we did not realize exactly how much it was going to be costing us.

We called to get help in placing the room for our vacation but after lots of double talk, never received. We tried to cancel the contract but we're told we had passed our cancellation date. Look through your booklet if you have signed the cancellation form is buried in there (wish we had seen it earlier). We were told we had a binding contract. So we pay every month two fees, one for the loan and one for maintenance fees. Maintenance fees for something we are not even using. We are into this for life with nowhere out. Tried to say keep our deposit and what we have paid out that we just want out. Called many times, emailed, spoke to several people in their company. Some promised if we went to their presentation they could help us get out, another lie, only want to sell you more points. We are just warning everyone to look at what you are signing. You can take lots of trips for the amount they get from you.

I am already a WorldMark member and have had a lot of difficulty make reservations due to the long waiting list. I was approach after getting only two out of four days. After telling the sales associate my problems with the company I was assured that by increasing membership I will have no wait time. Two months later I attempted to get a reservation and was told I was lied to. Increasing my membership status does not affect the processing. I called the company and was told to write a letter for review. After faxing several times and mailing a letter I was told I had 7 days to get out of the contract. I have over 13 thousand point that is not used and more in Eva.

We joined Trendwest which sold to WorldMark and have been unhappy ever since Worldmark by Wyndham has owned our vacation membership. Owner educations have become an opportunity for WM sales people to lock you in a room and harass you as much as possible to make you buy more credits. Phone calls are regular from WM sales people as a result of being a member, trying to coerce you into buying more credits. They are rude, bossy, arrogant and downright ridiculous! They offer no help, they just want more money.

I loved Trendwest and hate WorldMark by Wyndham. Harder to get in because they're selling all of our units to other organization leaving less available to us. There are resorts that allow dogs for other organizations which have been sold our units by WorldMark yet WM owners are not allowed to have pets in the same building. Overall getting to be a waste of energy and money! SAD and PATHETIC excuse for a "Vacation Club" - too much pressure and not enough customer care!

As with everything we stay at a WorldMark Resort during check in the sales people are there and they pressure to meet for breakfast. My husband and I decided to listen since it had been a year. After listening we politely told them no and tried to leave. Everyone who says no then gets the "used car salesman technique" and here comes a parade of fast talking people to charm you with their smiles and convincing arguments... Well they believe so. After 4 Hours of saying no, I finally told the man that I appreciated the used car salesman routine but I was done. I guess that made him mad. We were uttered to the exit!

Promises NOT delivered - My wife and I attended a presentation by WorldMark by Wyndham in San Diego on October 25th, 2013. The rep was very nice, as were the whole staff. But, for this reason, we both felt a little uneasy (....smiling faces), we reached an agreement after 4 hours of the "90 minute presentation". OOOOO-KAY.

WorldMark TravelShare Company Profile