1.44/5

San Francisco, CA

Discover a great timeshare now

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

WorldMark TravelShare Reviews

Original review: Nov. 10, 2019

I have been a WorldMark owner for 20 years, and my family, friends and I have had numerous wonderful vacations using my timeshare. There have, however, been a couple of truly awful experiences regarding how we have seen people being bullied and browbeaten by sales reps. The most recent was at the Seattle WorldMark, where our rooms were on the tenth floor, which happened to be where the sales pitches were conducted.

When we went from our rooms to the elevator, we saw and heard a young man literally screaming at an elderly couple as they were telling him they could not afford to buy in. My guests told me that, as nice as our stay was otherwise, their take-away from that hotel was that man bullying the older couple. It reminded me of a sales call I had received many years ago from David **, who had bullied and shamed me into buying 1000 credits, which gave me nothing but higher dues and fees. There is no advantage whatsoever in buying 1000 credits, but I had not yet learned that.

Then a couple of months ago, I had a similar experience when a sales rep called one evening to try to sell me 5000 credits. She painted a glowing picture of the benefits of those 5000 credits, and I said something to the effect of "that sounds good." Immediately we were on DocuSign and she was telling me: "click here, click here, click here." I said "Wait a minute, is this a trial package?" and she said "No, you are buying 5000 credits." I asked how much that would cost, and she said "$29,000." I said I couldn't pay that off in the rest of my life. She just said "click here" and in about 15 seconds the deed was done. The call ended immediately, she was gone, and it began to sink in what had just happened.

I tried to connect with DocuSign the following morning, but was not able to, because I have a new email address and didn't remember which old email address was my DocuSign login. Not only can I not afford this, I do not want it and cannot use it. I have not been able to get a good night's sleep, nor have I had any appetite since then. Here's the clincher: a couple of weeks ago, I accidentally called her when I was attempting to call someone else; I recognized her voice, but she had gone from Dr. Jekyll to Mr. Hyde. In a very angry tone of voice she said, "Who are you? What do you want, How did you get my number?"

If I were writing this review before this incident, I would have given WorldMark a 4, but this incident made me feel scammed, and of course it brought to mind the other sales reps who had bullied people who were trying to say NO! Now all I want to do is escape from WorldMark, but must wait until my current reservations have been used. I am 77 years old, living on a pension, and supporting two sons who are physically unable to work. Now this albatross is causing me anxiety attacks. WorldMark clearly does not care, and I will separate myself from them as soon as possible.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2019

I have been an owner with Trendwest now known as Worldmark by Wyndham since 2001. This company has become the biggest rip off known to man. They force you to upgrade your ownership, take away services that were provided in the past, have run down/old resorts compared to Wyndham, increase their dues every year, and availability is near 0. I enjoyed having the ownership when I initially purchased, however, it now seems like the biggest mistake of my life. I also realize that I did not use Worldmark in the beginning, I used to use the exchange system and stay at better resorts.

Now, that I stay at Worldmark by Wyndham resorts there is a big difference in the quality of resort. At this time I am in the process of exiting the ownership by going through ovations and I was told that it is going to take 6 weeks in order to get me the documents that are needed to exit the program, I have to continue making maintenance fee payments, and I am not allowed to use the ownership from this moment forward. If you have not purchased STAY AWAY. This company is a BIG RIP OFF. I will continue to enjoy vacationing with my family without this ownership and look forward to the money that I will save once I cut my ties with this company.

Get expert buying tips about Timeshares delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
      Original review: Oct. 22, 2019

When we signed up years ago, we could get almost 2 weeks at a local in state (Arizona) resort, during the busy season, now I can barely get a week. They will tell you, it depends on the time of the year, or popularity of the resort. Value of the points is worth less as time goes on. I have caught these guys on multiple lies & have thrown it in their faces that I have caught them lying. They say they keep copies of their recordings. If that is true, then have have caught themselves lying to me on recordings.

Just recently I cancelled beyond the cancellation date (my bad). They said that they would try to provide it to someone else & I would get to keep my points. I called anonymously trying to get a room at the same resort same time period as I cancelled as a WorldMark member. They said that nothing was available, keep in mind that "Worldmark the club by Wyndham" has told me that this is considered the busy season. I tried to get the same room as a non member, & was told that they had a room available to me. I have been lied to so much by these shysters & with supposed recordings as proof. I have invested so much into this company, I almost feel like I'm losing out if I try to sell the contract or get out of it. I'm at a lost.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2019

WorldMark by Wyndham is a completed scam! They sell the idea of "securing vacations" for you & your family to travel as much or as little as desired. What they don't tell you is availability is rare & nearly impossible to book! They will give non owners/members availability before actual owners (because they want to sell more people memberships) yet care ZERO about current owners. The amount you pay in maintenance monthly, you could save & travel more at places that are actually available to book. This greedy company needs to be stopped. Shame on them for allowing their sales people to sell inaccurate information (LIES) & then later blame the consumer for not reading 80 pages of fine details. Class action lawsuit seems inevitable at some point.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2019

I was on the market to buy a timeshare. I seen them at the Oregon state fair. Everyone I met with was extremely nice and great customer service. I did feel slightly uncomfortable not with my salesperson but just with the impulse decision I was making. I had no intention of buying. I had the presentation appt at 2pm. It’s now 1pm and I can not sleep. I realized I made a horrible decision and decided to look up reviews and now I’m in shock. I hope I can cancel efficiently, I read and it says I have 5 days. Will seek legal help since my purchase is about 20k. The presentation was great, the people were great. After doing solid research for hours on my own I can not proceed with this. I emailed and text them. Hopefully they can assist me with cancelling.

I wanted to invest my own money to purchase a traveling plan. Visited the new Portland location. It was beautiful, I realized most of the other resorts are questionable properties. Just alone in the membership monthly dues I would be spending over 1000 to have one week. I was approved for 0% on the down payment but 17.99% on the remaining 16k. For that amount I would like to stay at more desirable properties. Seems like a nightmare after reading reviews on multiple websites. I felt guilty 'cause they spent a lot of time with me explaining answers to questions I had. Kept multiple people there late and my drive home was a hour long so I felt obligated but I will be making the decision to cancel.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about WorldMark TravelShare?

Original review: Oct. 11, 2019

I’m from Chicago and attempts to book a reservation led to the knowledge that there was just one property in the area and it required more points than I had to book it. I would have to bank my points for 2 years or buy more to reserve a room. Also, it was in high demand and reserving a room was almost impossible. Since I have seldom been able to use the property, I have actually lost points due to expiration. In hindsight, I have learned a few things: The statement that you save money by investing in a timeshare is erroneous in my situation. At the beginning of the contract, my monthly outlay was $$328.22 (mortgage and maintenance fee). The annual total was $3,938.64. The belief that I would actually spend almost $4,000 for a hotel and this would save me money is ridiculous. Currently, the annual amount is $5,774.00.

The weekly point amounts needed to reserve a room continue to rise, forcing you to buy more points (increased debt), which in turn raise your maintenance fees (increased debt), A never-ending cycle of indebtedness. The amount properties available seem to be huge, however, their location, available amenities, availability according to seasons make it a hit or miss opportunity to use. When I was approached to attend another presentation, (for additional incentives which I found I was unable to use), it focused on how to secure advance reservations.

Through a process of multiple requests with varied requirements, book a year in advance, we were assured of a “much better chance” of securing a reservation. That is simply too much work. Also touted were RCI and another portal with which we could pay a transfer fee and other properties within an area would be available. Needless to say ALL of my efforts to locate a property in Chicago, IL were fruitless. Since all of this began, I no longer have the financial support of my ex-husband. I feel that these properties should UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES be marketed to single individuals. The location of the properties should be evident. If they have properties in areas that are for skiing, horseback riding, hiking, etc., it should be made clear that these properties are not for older individuals looking to visit large cities or housing visiting relatives.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2019

I traded work with my Aunt to stay at the Las Vegas resort on Blvd. Upon check in the they offered us a packaged deal/sale pitch in trade for cheap tickets to one of the shows. We were hot, tired, and hungry and didn't really want to deal with it, but we said yes anyways. Next day, we go to the sales pitch and they did tell us upfront that the offer was only good for today, but no other details. A very sad lunch was provided, but free food so can't really complain about it. The sale pitch was 90 minutes, the guy presenting it was really funny and did an excellent job, but never actually explained anything, it was more of a motivational speech than a sales pitch. My complaint is that the sales rep and manager were very rude after the sales pitch.

The SR made several comments: like my husband was inferior because he didn't get the vacation for me. When we told her that we just simply couldn't afford what they were offering right now she made another comment along the lines that I should get a real job and then I could afford the offer. I work full time. How is working a full time job not a real job? She also told me and I quote "It doesn't matter what I say. I will never see you again." They also acted shocked that we were in Las Vegas and couldn't afford their offer. Like being in Las Vegas has anything to do with what we can and cannot afford. They also implied several times that we should get our own package instead of using my Aunt's because she might cut us off. This really shocked me.

My Aunt who isn't even a blood relative, is big hearted and very generous. For the last five years, she has allowed me and my husband to stay at these resorts with little to no cost on my end and to hear these people talk about her that way when she is an owner of the place is very degrading. As we all know there is a catch to everything, the first deal was $577 a month. They lowered it again saying that because we were a guest of the owner we would receive a special offer, which makes no sense because isn't this a private club? So isn't everyone at the presentation a guest and deserving of the same offer? By the time we were done it was $188.88 and the manager made the comment that if we couldn't afford that amount then we had no business being there.

They also told us that WorldMark had spent $800 on us for the whole sales pitch thing. Like that should make us feel guilty and we owed it to WorldMark to join them, because they spent a whole whopping $800 on us. By the end, the main offer of the day was $15k for ten years with a bunch of bonus owner stuff if we agreed that day. If not, to join in the future we would have to pay $70k and would only get standard, very basic and limited ownership with no way to improve our owner status in the future. We had to sign an agreement stating that we could never receive such an offer again. Only the $70k offer will be available if we ever want to join the WorldMark club. Such a pity and a really bad business model.

I like the resorts and in four years, I would have joined. If I had known in advance, I would have turned down the offer to the sales pitch and cheap tickets so that I could come back in four years and hear it then, but hey, they did tell me that it was a one time offer, so I have no one but myself to blame. WorldMark has lost a future customer. Sorry guys, but your rudeness isn't worth $70K, especially when I know that any guest I send your way will hear my good name smeared in the mud in an attempt to get them to join your club. Thank you for the tickets that I had to pay for after hearing all of your degrading comments.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2019

Location: WorldMark Anaheim - Timeshares. Date/time: August, 8/31/19 (11 am to 2:25 pm). My credit information was submitted without my full consent. The sales rep insisted on turning in my information because we had a conversation during her presentation. She relayed that she had to submit my info to her manager despite my right to info before her actions. After about three hours of deliberating with the agent on why I said "no" to their proposal, she still wanted me to sign the vacation package with Worldmark, Barclays and the Visa credit card company. I later discovered the credit inquiry was a hard hit on my credit report; and they wouldn't give my personal information back to me as I exited. *A very uncomfortable situation for me.

Long story short; when I abruptly said no for the last time the sales agent inched in to my right and said; “sign here just sign here.” It was like her life depended on this sale and my signature. The sales rep was still trying to get me to sign on the dotted line as I walked away. Simply, this part of the organization should be shut down. I experienced predatory sales practices and tactics. The stronger the customer the more disrespectful and aggressive they are.

Original review: July 30, 2019

We were presented with a contract with Wyndham that was untrue to what the contract stated. When vacationing in Myrtle Beach, SC in May 2019, my boyfriend and I attended a presentation for the sale of a vacation timeshare. During the presentation, we were told that we would be able to purchase an array of things, including tickets to Disney World, Orlando that would be easily accessible to us for an upcoming family vacation. This information, among other things that were promised to us, were all untrue. We were told that the down payment of $4,897.25 would be financed on a credit card that was also presented to us that would offer us deals. Upon returning home from our vacation, I applied for a personal loan in order to pay off the remainder of the loan. We received a letter saying that the presented credit card that would include our down payment, was denied.

Due to this information, I called Wyndham and was transferred multiple times to different people, none of which could assist me. I finally was told that the account was most likely canceled considering they could not finance the down payment. I returned the personal loan that I took out from my credit union. A few days later, I received a bill in the mail. I was finally able to contact someone from the company and was told that there was nothing I could do because I signed a contract and that in that contract, I had five business days to cancel the policy in writing. The time frame was clearly too late. I contacted another one of my personal credit cards to transfer the down payment to a better interest rate financing option.

Although we were very unhappy with the predicament that this contract now placed us in, we tried to make the best of it. I was at one point, after multiple attempts at receiving assistance, was able to register and sign into the account at WorldMarkTheClub. I am very upset about the financial situation this company has put my boyfriend and myself in. There is now almost $5,000 being financed on a personal credit card and a remaining balance of around $14,000 to the company and no one can seem to help us.

Original review: July 17, 2019

I went to the little timeshare thing, thought my wife was interested in it so we heard them out. We talked about it. Saw the bad reviews. Addressed that with them and they came back saying well there are such and such bad reviews but this many clients, it was a good pitch, we still declined. About a week later we receive letters in the mail congratulating us on our new Vacation Club credit accounts (that we never opened).

Long story short they used our information to open credit accounts that was alleged to be included in the fine print. Be mindful our sales people never said that was a thing and as a matter of fact assured us our information would only be used to see what kind of deal they could give us. Dakota was one of the salesmen, he used to be a cop, he might be the only brother I would never trust again. Don't fall for that nonsense. I don't know how the product is but if they feel the need to include fine print to open accounts in your name then you can expect the same of their product.

WorldMark TravelShare Company Information