2. Travel
  3. Timeshares

San Francisco, CA

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.45/5

WorldMark TravelShare Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about WorldMark TravelShare?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about WorldMark TravelShare?

Original review: Sept. 28, 2020

I WAS a happy Worldmark owner for nearly 20 years. Suddenly they have decided to change what they call "policies" but are items guaranteed in my contract and were selling points as to why I purchased from with them. The newest is now a 2 night minimum, even midweek, but they did not lower credits required for the room. So twice the number of credits and I only need one night. I called to speak to customer care, lots of apologizing, and "I'm writing everything down you're saying" and then Personal Choice can do this for you. They transfer me to personal choice and I'm told they cannot book at a resort. Anyone have any luck getting out of their contract?

Original review: Sept. 12, 2020

June 2020, Went to Lake Tahoe to visit with family. Room was filthy! Countertops were sticky, bedding was stained, found empty water bottles under the beds, couch, and tables. Also found what appeared to be bloody tissue under beds, along with a pair of flip flop sandals under bed. Mold in bathroom and jetted tub leaked all over the hallway floor. Stove top burners didn't work.

When I reported to management, I was told my credits and housekeeping token would be replaced and I'm still waiting. The hold time exceeds an hour to speak with someone at Owner Care and when you email them, they give you the runaround and you get a message that someone will get back with you in a few days only to get the same email again like a vicious circle. Also, found out reason why it's hard to get reservations... because WorldMark aka Wyndham has decided they will take our Owner Owned Resort Rooms and sell them to sites like Expedia!

Get buying tips about Timeshares delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2020

Worldmark's new non-refundable guest fees is horrific. They charge you $100 or $129 even if the agent makes a mistake and spells the name of the guest wrong! It costs another $129 to correct it. You have to add a guest at the time you make the reservation even if it's 13 months in advance and the the reservation may be cancelled as late as 12 months later. Their policies toward owners who want to book multiple units even for their own family is hostile and punitive. DO NOT EVER BUY A TIMESHARE OR CLUB MEMBERSHIP FROM WORLDMARK BY WYNDHAM OR WORLDMARK THE CLUB. They are one of the worst companies on the planet!

Original review: Aug. 16, 2020

Purchasing timeshare from Worldmark was the worst decision I have made in 58 years of my life. If they believe in their product why don’t offer owners to buyback points at the same price we have purchased?

Original review: July 11, 2020

We have owned Worldmark since 1995 and have thoroughly enjoyed it. We spend about 45 nights a year in condos which with all fees I figure cost about $75/night. To get the best of it, I book 13 months out (to the second) and almost always get what I want. Yes the sales meetings are full of lies and innuendos but you can say no and you don't have to go to the presentations. We have been to many, many of them. It is now almost a game for me since I mostly know more about Worldmark than they do. I'll take their $150 and have dinner and fill my truck with fuel.

Also be aware that you can buy credits on the secondary market for about $ .25/per credit instead of the "special" deal of $2.80/credit. Just find an honest broker. So instead of 10,000 credits costing $28,000 they can cost $2500. You don't get all of the "goodies" the salesliers talk about, but using credits for say a baseball game is losing money for you anyway. Again let me say that we love our Worldmark. Be wise in buying in and learn how to use your credits to benefit you the most.

Original review: June 29, 2020

Ive been a Worldmark owner for years. Ive been wanting to sell my 35000 credits ever since Wyndom bought in. Everything increased in price so owners now pay the equivalent of hotel/condo rates anyway because of additional charges. The Covid endemic has really put me over the edge. Owners pay to have access to all resorts all over the world. Those resorts are now closed (understandably so) so we don't have access , yet the dues payment for that access is still collected monthly. Look at other travel companies and you will see that they are accommodating people now. They are refunding money, offering future use, SOMETHING> Worldmark basically says "Well, we will open when we can " keep funding us until then.

Do Not buy into this company ever. They do not care about you and spend a lot of money on advertising to try and convince you that they do. Plus there is no way out of these monthly payments. You cant sell or transfer to anyone except a close family member. Save the exorbitant monthly dues and take your vacation anywhere you like at the end of the year.

Original review: May 21, 2020

I have read many of the reviews and now am writing our own as our experience has deteriorated greatly especially since the merger of the two companies and the continued targeting of current owners to buy more and more. Our last so called Inspirational meeting lasted 4 hours where 4 or 5 people sold us a deal that would break our heart, or bank account and our lives and did not explain to us what they sold us. Yet we know now that this merging company targets certain groups especially protected groups - check out their ads for new hire salespeople, we are at our wits end and have been through 5 or 6 people promising to help but for some reason not being able to.

We can complain all day and night but what can we do, and what should we do now to stop this fraudulent selling to protected groups who do not know or understand what they are buying??? If you know of an answer please tell us and we will listen. This company is frauding people, taking money and livelihood away at a time when we have few years left and piles of medical bills. If you have any ideas for a class actions suit please contact me.

Original review: April 26, 2020

This experience has been terrible, we would not recommend this timeshare company to anyone. Hidden fees and constantly being harassed is not what we signed up for. Constantly told that we needed to purchase more point to get the full value of the timeshare program.

Original review: April 9, 2020

WorldMark by Wyndham’s sales practices are deceptive. I purchased 35000 credits with a signed agreement. Wyndham refused to honor the signed contract. After days of negotiations they only offered to refund the monies. I have been waiting since the contract was signed in Dec 2019 for refund. While they are delaying I am making loan payments and maintenance fees. They have informed me to stop making the payments and they will repair my credit afterwords. I would be at the mercy of Wyndham to repair my credit. Hard to trust them with their current customer service record.

Original review: April 5, 2020

I have been lied to multiple times by Worldmark. Initially, It was guaranteed that I would be able to stay at ANY of the thousands resorts there were to choose from. This was not true at all. Had the sales representative been honest and let this be known upfront, I would not have made the purchase. I remember going to an upgrade meeting where I was assured by Steve **, who stated he was a regional VP, that he would give me a deal if I upgraded. I made it clear to him then that I was previously made promises that were not true. He told me that buying more points would put me in a position to make a profit on my timeshare investment, which also was NOT TRUE. I am beyond tired of all of the lies and just want to be done with Worldmark all together.

WorldMark TravelShare Company Information