1.94/5
Based on 36 reviews that contain star ratings

Las Vegas, NV

41 Vacation Internationale Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 7, 2018

As a point share owner, originally with Sunterra Pacific, a sister company of VI (just learned history of a potential business transaction fraud) since 1997, there are some properties that I have never had the opportunity to visit even with a year out planning. The VI management has properties that are not listed on their website, example; Pacific City, OR and perhaps others that an owner has purchased into but are not privilege to vacation online. I have also learned that when VI first came into the market, they offered a 30+ vacation plan, understanding that after 30 years, those owners will approach a termination of VI privileges expired points and are no longer members -- so, VI needs to be very aggressive in their marketing department in order to stay afloat.

But, I believe, VI organization as a whole operates within Owner Board Members; this becomes a lucrative and cohort 'side business' for those who's been with VI for a very long long time! As you move up the point tier, you receive cheaper discounts, up to 50% when making reservations at different propriety sites within 60 day period. So, now being in the 'in crowd' VI family with over 350 points and above. It's extremely cost-effective and tax deductible as a '2nd property' annual dues/maintenance (HOA group expense).

As a Sunterra Pacific owner, I owned Interval International, yet, VI did not grandfather that additional Vacation option in during the forced takeover. 5 years prior VI tried to sell me Interval International again, which got me more upset with my timeshare takeover experience. I told them, "but I'm an owner of Interval International back before the VI takeover in 2003-2004." And was hung up on! No possible arbitration to regain Interval International ownership. See, the very governing bodies of Sunterra Pacific makes up VI members and individuals may very well transferred my I.I. ownership to their personal inventory in hopes that I no longer have any hard copies of my original contract with Sunterra Pacific, which is now one of the same!

Most recently, points were disappearing from my banked points and there is no way of understanding why they have disappeared! A Total of 103 Points in a span of 5 years vanished! I finally spent 3 full days to figure out their complexed point removal system, an error of 103 pts as an up-to-date fully paid VI timeshare owner. Which, by-the-way is more expensive than my annual property taxes on my condo... annually!

I'm just surprised that VI hasn't started bankruptcy papers as more Property Share on-line Vacation is the new wave for tech savvy individuals with FBI and local government agency background checks made available as for public view! Point share has become downgraded and I'm surprised VI is still floating. They also overvalue the point stays at their property! You still pay at check-out time of more taxes when it should be built in on the annual dues. Yes, buyer beware! I have so many VI points saved and give them away as Christmas presents as I DO NOT like to stay at their inventory resorts! Out of principle! I think they operate as a not for profit organization as their lifetime members run the show! I'm just not in the 'in crowd'. One strong advice! BUYER BEWARE!!! Week stays are starting to bring back more of an appeal, rather than overnight stays! At least for myself!

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

My wife and I are members of Vacation Internationale (VI), and have been since 1993. VI is a point based timeshare where you buy points and then use the points to travel to varied vacation properties. They have hotel rooms, as well as studio, 1, 2, and three bedroom condos. The larger the unit, the more points, and the higher the demand time of year, the more points. So the system is flexible, you can even save your points to use in future years, or use future year points this year. We have stayed in 6 different condos in Hawaii, The Big Island, Maui, and Kauai, Lynden, and Leavenworth Washington, Sun Valley, Idaho, Sun River Oregon, Palm Springs and Oceanside California, Cape Cod Massachusetts, Orlando, Florida, and Mazatlan and Puerto Vallarta Mexico. So we have stayed in quite a few places.

VI places are not luxury, so if you are looking for large swanky vacation spots, then VI is not for you. If you are looking for clean, well maintained condos, in some of the of the best vacation spots in North America at reasonable prices, then I would definitely recommend VI. We bought 91 points from VI, which roughly speaking means we can rent a one bedroom condo for 7 days in high season demand. It cost us under $700 a year. Try and find a one bedroom condo on the beach in Maui for $700 a week. My wife and I decided two years ago to buy another 91 points, and will likely add more as we just retired.

I see some people have had issues with the sales process. I cannot vouch for the sales tactics, as I bought 20 years ago. I can vouch for the product. If you are looking for quality vacation options, a flexible system, and people interested in maintaining properties at a reasonable cost then VI should be on your short list. If you are looking for a free vacation for spending 1 1/2 hours in a sales presentation, well... what do you expect.

Get expert buying tips about Travel Agencies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

Don't fall for this crap! I received a call from Vacation Internationale saying I won a free 2 night vacation in either California or Las Vegas from a drawing I signed up for at a festival I was at. I should have seen the red flags from the beginning since they never actually gave me the name of their company until I was actually there. So I couldn’t' t look up reviews about the company ahead of time. If I saw the reviews I definitely would have cancelled then! I was told originally on the phone that it was an hour and a half presentation and it ended up being more than 2 hours. The only reason I went was because I SPECIFICALLY asked on the phone before I went to the presentation if the "free" vacation would be able to be used on the weekend or Friday and I was told yes.

After the 2+ hour sales-pitch I see on the fine print of the 3rd party certificate it isn't what they told me on the phone and that you can only depart Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday (I have no problem being told the truth from the get go but the fact that they lied to me just really peeves me off). During my sales-pitch I felt condescended. NOW I UNDERSTAND WHY VI AND CASABLANCA EXPRESS HAVE SUCH HORRIBLE REVIEWS! I couldn’t even image buying into their crap, I would definitely be worried that they are taking my money for nothing, and from what I see with other people reviews it does seem like they take people’s money and don't provide the service they promise. That doesn't even mention the "dining gift cards" that are a total crock! They are not gift cards, I still have to pay! They are closer to coupons which is total **! SUCH A WASTE OF MY FRIDAY NIGHT!

Original review: March 28, 2018

My fiance and I attended the sportsman show near our local town like we do every year, this year was however a little different. We put our names in drawings like most people do and was surprised to get a phone call stating that we won A FREE TRIP to a few locations and we picked Vegas because my fiance and I were just saying how we wanted to go and well here was our chance. Let me tell you that we are not gullible people and we know nothing is free, so I asked many questions about the trip and what the catch was. We live an hour and a half away from Vancouver, WA at least and we have 3 children that couldn't attend so finding babysitters and taking the time out of our Saturday was not ideal for us and were just going to pass the gift along. We keep getting phone calls asking if we were going to come get out gift and they would make it worth the drive by giving us a $100 restaurant gift card for making the trip up.

The women did explain to me that we would have to sit through a 90 minute seminar and to bring a credit card to show them just in case we were interested in buying anything they had to offer, but she made it clear that we do not have to buy anything and to come with an open mind and we will still walk away with our FREE GIFT that valued up to $1500 no matter what. So after many phone calls we caved in and said, "Why not." We had never been to anything like this before and decided to go to get our gift we were told we won. We got there and were greeted by a young guy named Ian, he walked us into a room with about a dozen tables, he offered us refreshments asked us questions to start getting to know us and then walked us to our table where we sat with him.

He told us he was new so he introduced us to a girl that had been there longer than him and she would help him along the way as needed. He went over his whole spiel and then they began the seminar, it went over why a timeshare type business is the way to go if you want to vacation more in your life or if you do vacation how this will save you money in the long run. At the end of the seminar they show you how much it would cost each month and all the benefits of the packages. My fiance and I kindly declined and said financially we weren't interested and that we are trying to buy a house soon and this just isn't for us, we have money going other places and it just wasn't for us. Well that ticked them off and the girl that was helping Ian because he was new was very pushy and kept questioning us as to why we wouldn't want this for our future and it will help us build our dreams financially and what not.

She then left the table and came back to show us an option that was a low monthly payment and no money down today and really tried all she could to get us to spend some kind of money and sign a contract that day. We kept saying no and she just kept pushing, it was so uncomfortable and about an hour of sitting there repetitively telling them no, I caved in and said, "Fine. We will do it," and man they were so thrilled they just got what they wanted. My fiance at this point walked away and texted me "NO. DON'T SIGN. LET'S GO." He's bad with confrontations so couldn't say it in front of them.

I told her before even filling out the paperwork that no we won't be signing and we would like to go now. She said, "Okay but why was it a yes and now all of a sudden is it a no," I told her it was a no from the beginning and that the only reason I was even going to say yes was because she was so pushy and we felt like we would never get our FREE GIFT and be able to leave. She said, "Fine whatever." Pretty much and said, "It's still going to be a few minutes to get your gift," we acknowledged and waited. Ian came back with the $100 Gift card and the trip to Vegas voucher.

He then went over how it works, he told us we can't go on weekends. It's only food Monday through Thursday, we have to put a $100 check with the voucher when we mail it and that there will be taxes that each person would have to pay up to $75 each. So what part of this is FREE? At this point we were so done with being there and ready to go so we signed for the gift and left. So what was suppose to be a 90 minute seminar turned into two and a half hours. Our experience with Vacation Internationale was everything but pleasant. Don't waste your time.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

We were at the state fair and the salesman talked us into signing up for a timeshare presentation. We committed to go in November and it was still August at the time. He called in September and begged us to go to an earlier presentation as he was trying to fill his quota. He offered $40 to make it worth our while and I negotiated for $50. He kept saying he was a man of his word and he promised me he would meet with me to give me the money.

We went to the presentation and opted not to sign up for timeshare. I called the salesman after and told him we went and let's meet so I can collect. That's when the excuses started. Everywhere from them claiming we didn't go to the presentation (I texted him a picture of the free Vegas trip brochure we acquired at the presentation) to saying his bosses are "being **" and not letting him pay. Very unethical, we were even considering signing up in a few years to take advantage of travel but now definitely not. Stay away!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vacation Internationale?

Original review: April 19, 2017

We just returned on Monday from our 5 day stay in Las Vegas. Vacation Internationale called us about 3 months ago and offered us a "special" package to Las Vegas. We went to get the package and was given a 2 hour tour of their resort. Casablanca Express traveled us to Las Vegas and placed us at the MGM Grand. We had GREAT flight times and the hotel was amazing... I would definitely attend another Vacation Internationale presentation and hope one day to have the money to buy a membership... The process for scheduling and booking was pretty simple - I called Casablanca Express and they gave me the direction and information on redeeming my stay. Now that we are back all I can say is WOW - it was so worth it since it only cost us about $200 total. Thanks again for the great trip.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2016

I would like to provide my review for VI resorts. I transferred ownership from my parents two years ago so I didn't have to pay for the initial cost. I may not have bought into it if I had been the original buyer but perhaps I would have. The jury is still out on that. I have 108 points I pay $803 for in fees every year. I just booked 10 days in Hawaii and did it about 6 months ago. The vacation is two days in Oahu and 8 days on the Big island of Hawaii. This will be 100 points. With booking fees, check-in fees, taxes and point costs it comes out to approximately $950.

Let's round that up to $1000 or $100 per night, to get a basic hotel room with two queen beds right next to each other would be greater than $200 per night after taxes. This is a very basic room for 4 adults and no privacy. To get an equivalent room as the VI rooms I would estimate greater than $250 per night easy. Then for the bigger two bedrooms units at Sea Village and Sea Mountain the cost would be $300+. Those are assumptions but I believe that they are accurate.

We have booked three Hawaii trip within 6 months of flying for the months of August, September, and October. If you book a full year out there is no way you can't find a room for 2 people up to 6 people. I just checked and I could go to any of the 4 major islands. I have stayed on the Oregon coast in the off-season with only a month of planning and that was for 6 of us. If you are planning a summer trip then book a year out. At this point I am pro VI and think with some planning and flexibility you can get great deals and excellent vacations.

Original review: July 17, 2016

Wyndham/Royal resorts just threw out the bathwater - I was one of many in that water. Royal resorts dumped long term owners like me out. Then came along VI, much like a spider - spinning a web of shadowy lines. Could not get anyone I spoke with there to give a straightforward answer. They offered a "Free Membership" - I have papers to prove the "No Cost" portion of this scheme. I read the fine print and then I read all of the consumer reviews - the complaints far outweighing whatever good reports there were.

I have decided that I will not be taking VI up on this "Fine offer" they have extended me. It sounds like I would be spending more money than needed. I have no desire to go to Mexico or even CA - been there done that. I live in the Sunny State of Florida. By doing the math, using hotel.com, shopping for a flight /car rental - I found I come out a lot cheaper just to do it myself. Believe me you - I live in a state that these type of businesses thrive. No thanks keep your so called "freebie" to yourselves. 40 resorts - what a joke!!

Original review: June 27, 2016

We've been members of VI Resorts for years. As any timeshare, it has its pluses and minuses. Last year, I could get to Paris, using an instant exchange ability. I was lucky it was a cancellation, and we could go to Paris within 2 weeks although it costed us a fortune for the airfare on such a short notice. My problem is there is no any insurance product to protect my points if I want to make any exchange reservation in advance. I am willing to pay for such insurance because I have elderly parents and if something happens, I am out of my annual number of points. I don't want to risk my yearly points so we miss the opportunity to use this option and go to Europe, for example. Or we have to pay for much more expensive airfares if we get cancellations doing it on a short notice. My understanding is the most majority of the VI owners are older people with much more health problems or with elderly parents.

To have the insurance to protect points for exchange products is a must for this category of consumers. I am surprised nobody from VI has truly thought about it. I've tried to contact Member Services but haven't gotten any positive responses. My last attempt was as recently as a few weeks ago when I left a message to supervisor of the Member Services as its Rep suggested. I have never heard back from anyone. Also, I had been using the nightly exchange option much more too until I realized that several properties disappeared from the menu of nightly exchanges. All these properties changes in the VI regular inventory and exchange inventory as well truly have made VI product less usable for its consumers. By the way, my Paris trip was fantastic. I would want to have more trips like this.

Original review: May 14, 2016

We have so enjoyed owning this timeshare. We have had many family trips and included extended family. I remember buying it in 1978 as a mother of two children thinking we would use it as they grew up. I liked the fact it was points. I didn't have to stay an entire week. Our first trip was to Mexico. I took my parents as well. We had a great time. Dad caught a big fish and we had a BBQ for the entire resort. Our family grew to four children, and soon we found our ownership was coming to an end. Lucky for us and the great management of the timeshare we now own it forever and our children and theirs will enjoy it as well. We now have a dozen family and friends who have also purchased timeshares from VI. We have some friends who wish they did but bought from a hotel chain weeks being offered.

Original review: May 13, 2016

We unfortunately had a timeshare with Royal Vacation Suites in Las Vegas. The place shut down. We previously used Trading Places for timeshare exchange, but were told that our exchanges were now going through Vacation Internationale. We did not sign the transfer paperwork. The maintenance fees are going up $100 per year and we do not have a home resort. We have contacted VIResorts, Vacation Internationale 3 times with questions and concerns and have not received one response. Trading Places ensured us they (VI) would answer any questions or concerns, but they are wrong! Biggest RIP OFF ever.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2016

We were offered a $100 restaurant "gift card" and 3 nights at a hotel in exchange for a 90-minute presentation. The restaurant card was from restaurants.com worth pennies on the dollar. The hotel stay was for 2 nights with extreme restrictions including no bookings in June, July, and August for several properties. The snacks promised never materialized. In the end after 114 minutes, 3 different "managers" none of whom were even from our area of the country, and after reading the small print, we realized we were right to assume this would be a waste of time. We recommend reading all reviews before buying some and preferably before even wasting 90 minutes of your life.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2016

We just signed up for VI about a month ago before reading any reviews of VI. And we are starting to figure out what a scam it is. My wife and I are in way over our heads. I am working overtime and side jobs to earn money to pay off the credit card we got roped into getting. The only reason I even considered signing up with them was because I figured getting out and going on a couple vacations a year would strengthen my marriage. But from what I have read and researched online it is not looking good at all. I need help on getting out of this. We have not paid them any money yet and have not use our so called free vacations. Please if anyone can give me any info. On how to get out of this that would be so helpful. Thank you so much.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2015

December 1988 and we were on Maui with friends. We had been going with them for a few years and liked it. We wanted to see another island (Molokai) and VI offered a significant discount on tour prices if we'd sit for a timeshare presentation. "TIMESHARE PRESENTATION." We'd NEVER buy a timeshare (but the discount made it worthwhile). So, we went and they kept us apart as far as possible to apply the sales pressure with no chance to reach across and ask, "What do you think?" Bottom line. We BOTH bought. And my wife and I have said many times that it was the best purchase decision that we ever made. We love it and have since bought a bunch more on the second-hand market. Any questions? email me - **. No regrets.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2015

I have owned with VI for many years. Generally very satisfied. However as a timeshare company I feel recent decisions to sell off and/or turn over prime properties have not been in the best interest of the owners. It seems VI has let go of some of the best properties. ex. Villas de Santa Fe and trade for Carriage house in LV. Now both properties are managed through a 3rd party. This makes it more expensive and less convenient for VI owners. If thinking of buying this timeshare, do your research.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2015

Transferred over our points from Aviawest in the hope that better availability would result. Wrong. It is next to impossible to book many of the places on the west coast of North America (and totally forget Hawaii). Many have at least a year wait list. Which we did once. Went to Palm Springs. The broadband was so lousy we had to go to Starbucks to use our cell phones and notebooks in order to look things up. For $112/month we are seriously looking at getting out of this pig in a poke.

Original review: July 29, 2015

My partner and I got sucked into this a few years back. What a BIG mistake that was. If you have plenty of money to pay endless maintenance fees, booking fees, and some other fees, and never get the spot you want, or the time frame, then this is for you. I haven't been able to use it for anything. So I asked if I could put my account on hold until a future date that I can afford it, and was told I had two options, cancel my account, or pay the bill. Never had so much frustration dealing with such money hungry scammers. Forget selling it, unless you do it yourself. Good luck.

Original review: June 15, 2015

Our experience with VI and the "free" trip was okay but not great. I read up on the company before going to the presentation so I knew what I was in for. When we entered the room the music was extremely loud, which was annoying and did not put me in the mood to buy their program at all. Then they did their spiel. The funny thing was the salesman talked to us and I told him we really weren't the lay-on-the-beach all day type people and we weren't interested. He then left us for a few minutes, then came back and asked if by some miracle we had changed our mind. We hadn't, and so then got our trip voucher and left. So not too painful of an experience.

The trip was okay, but we had to jump through a lot of hoops. First the deposit, which we'll see if it's refundable - I have my doubts. Then a couple weeks before we went we got a call and the guy explained what the free trip was - evening flight one day with a layover, one full day, then a morning flight out. Plus an off-strip hotel (we went to Las Vegas) and we'd have to arrange our own transportation to/from the airport. So we upgraded for $160, got a strip hotel, partial reimbursement of transportation, a discount card that saved us $9 on a lunch, an extra night's stay, later flight home with no layovers. We did pay a $50 fee at the hotel for who knows what. So in figuring it out, we paid about $300 (or $200 if we get the deposit back) for a trip that would have cost about $900 to $1000 on our own. So yes, worth it if you know what you're in for.

Resolution response: July 2, 2015

This is an update to an earlier negative review I posted. After I posted that hissy-fit, someone in the company contacted me to resolve the issue I was having. Very quickly the complaint was resolved to my satisfaction. I believe it's a basically honest company. Timeshare vacations using the point system are easy to use and VI has some great locations. Beware what any salespeople tell you. If it's too good to be true, it usually is.

Original review: May 26, 2015

My 80-yr-old husband and I (age 60) went to the presentation in Tukwila (3-28-15). We explained how many points we have with WorldMark and they told us about "Direct Exchange Option." They explained that we could transfer WM points to VI at no cost to us (lie) and they would pay the WM dues (lie) if we buy into VI at the minimum point membership. We told them we couldn't afford any more dues and more than one VI salesperson and the office manager explained the DEO program, including the two lies. They wrote it out, but collected those sheets themselves so we have nothing in writing. We also initialed all the boiler plate including the paragraph that reads, "The salesperson is not authorized to make verbal or written offers that represent modification, alterations or additions to the VI Owner Agreement. You may not rely on any such representations." So we're stuck. Don't you get suckered in.

Original review: May 22, 2015

Time share unpleasant experience.... Always not available in the time and place we need, and solicited more new members, yearly fee so expensive.

Original review: March 17, 2015

Can get in unless you book out at a year. I figured out I am paying 1700 a week and can't ever use it. I have my fingers crossed I can at least get my son in for his honeymoon. I am very sad and I wish I would not have done it because now I am out tons of money. They made it look so easy with bonus nights etc. They threw in these certificate for free weeks for exchange but you can only use them 60 days out, so guess what, it sucks to be me. I did not know the 60 day thing. Also if you use the Mexico cert you have to pay 200 cancel fee if you cancel. Nice. NOT.

Oh by the way the free trip cost me +500. It was at the no-tell motel in vegas, 20 miles outside of town. I got a cruise one and another 3 day one but I realize it will just cost about the same to just book my own trip and not be in a stinky hotel on the back end of the strip. They said they would reimburse taxi fees and I got 8 dollars. I had to add a day because it was like a day and half trip.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2015

Do not buy their product! Their fees are outrageous. You can't get a reservation for any holiday unless you pay an additional $200 to get on a wait list! Their system fills all available units from the wait list before making the units available to their members. It's terrible unless you're retired and want to get a studio in the off season.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2014

Wasted ninety minutes of a warm summer Saturday listening to a timeshare presentation from Vacation Internationale to receive a free trip... I mean supposedly free trip!! The commentary company voucher is from Casablanca Express located at 6300 Canoga Ave, Woodland Hills, CA 91367. You will get through one SCAM to arrive to the next SCAM. Please Google and read the Casablanca Express reviews!!!!!

First they ask you for a $100.00 deposit for 2 people. Fully refundable then they send you money and selected dates and then they send you back another certificate and now they want another $95.00 for taxes, etc... So I called and said you already have $100.00 deposit and she said that was a “registration deposit”... but I will get that back after my vacation. I said use the $100.00 for the $95.00 and she said it doesn't work that way. Well I'll be ** if they going to get any more money from me for my free trip... This promotion that timeshare companies use is bait and switch and watch out they don't care either. Vacation Internationale and Casablanca Express are SCAM companies that really just steal your money.

The “commentary voucher” through Casablanca Express for the 3 day, 2 night, with free airfare will cost more than just booking on your own. The three day trip is really a 30 hour trip. Get to your destination after flying on 3 airplanes at 11:59PM and then take off 30 hours later on the “third day” at 5:59AM. The entire experience is a complete SCAM with both companies. The funny part of the story is we have friends that showed up to Vacation Internationale for the 90 presentation but the room was full. They gave our friends the “commentary voucher” and said enjoy with attending the presentation. We did not even buy the cheapest timeshare package of $2,600 but we came to find out it is a two part SCAM. If you do not buy they give you the next piece of the SCAM, the “commentary voucher”.

During the entire presentation they up sell the “commentary voucher” think you're getting a “good deal”. Really you are getting fooled to send in $100 to redeem the “commentary voucher”. I wish I could get rich like these people but my ethics would not allow it. If you have already given your $40 as a couple to hold your presentation spot, go and enjoy watching others get sucked and taken in for the kill. Also you will learn how scum can walk on two legs and call themselves human. Other advice is to book your presentation when there is another group after you. They have to move you out of the room in 120 minutes for the next set good working honest people. You get your $40 back in cash once you complete convince them you are not going to buy, even if your life depended on it. Enjoy…

Original review: Aug. 28, 2014

They will say anything to make the sale, then fail to deliver on all fronts. We went to the 90 minute (3 hour) pitch, bought into it and became owners. Then, we never received the free vacation AND in 6 years have not been able to use it A SINGLE time. There is always an excuse: you booked too early; you booked too late; it's already full; it's under construction, etc. When confronted about it they not only did nothing to remedy the situation, they tried to sell us on even more! They promised we could sell the shares, but then wouldn't do anything to help other than to refer 3 companies - 2 of which were out of business, while the 3rd said no one is buying. This is a complete scam.

Original review: July 3, 2014

We signed up several years ago with the smallest package available. 91 points every other year. We were promised easy visits to the Oregon coast and sunriver because we can't afford plane tickets all over the place. Our FREE gifts were a joke because there were so many hidden fees we couldn't afford the FREE trips after all. Then trying to get a weekend away was impossible because they are always booked up for a year at a time!!! In the 4-5 years we have paid for this we have used it ONE FREAKING TIME!!! Hawaii-forget it. So Cal- forget it, Oregon coast- forget it, Sunriver- forget it.

If we wanted to spend another $300 per year for RCI then "maybe" we would have more options but I refuse to pay another dime to this place or anyone associated! We were deceived into our "loan" which turned out to be a credit card for Bank of America with huge interest rates! And now we have also been paying our "maintenance fee rip offs" that are just under $700 every other year!!!!! We have spent more on this joke of an organization that we could have booked our own trip to Italy and Europe for a month and have it all paid for!!!! If there was a way to get out of this I would... and believe me... I have tried! Maybe we should all band together and start civil proceedings against the fraud we have all been showered with!

Original review: April 27, 2014

I applied for a job at VI resorts a week ago in Vancouver, WA. I received a call for an interview on 4/29/2014 @ 6 pm. After reading the reviews, I became skeptical with the overall mission of this place. They offer $50-$60K the first year. Why do businesses exist to take advantage of people? I intuitionally feel this may not be right.

Original review: March 1, 2014

Have been a member since 1989, 2000 points. Not able to book either Sedona area, Palm Springs, Oceanside or San Diego and have been informed these units have been booked out to non-owners online. This stinks as they always get our check for the Maintenance and outsiders get to use the facilities. As a long time owner, we are NOT happy.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2013

I have been trying in vain to get a time for our 40th Anniversary ANYWHERE that is decent. Everywhere we have tried is booked - unless you want to go to gun-running kidnapping Mexico. Hawaii, San Diego, Palm Springs - impossible to get. They have oversold so much and are also renting to non-VI owners. Hawaii has a one-year waiting to get reservations. Even in Washington to get to Ocean Shores is always booked. I feel like they have ripped off the older owners. We pay a fortune for the points, and then cannot use them. I do not want this anymore, but no one will buy it, and if I default, VI has a track record of hustling people for money. Right now, I have over 2000 points that cannot be used. Calling doesn't help either.

Original review: July 24, 2013

My husband and I bought into VI about 15 years ago. Not too many people use it then and the resorts were few, but very nice. Purchase price was great and we used it a lot when kids were young, especially in Mexico. Lots of activities and Place not too crowded and employees are awesome. Same employees still work there today. Problem in last 5 years has been that they have oversold plus they now also rent out to non-owners. We can never seem to get reservation at any resorts. We have paid off our purchase price years back but have to still pay over $500 for maintenance fees, which is fine, but not when we cannot get reservations. And forget about the penthouses in Mexico, the same people have them booked every year.

Went down 3 years ago. My son and his fiancee had to stay in town due to no rooms available yet none owner people at resort we spoke to said they rented rooms online. Plus when we arrived, the place was empty. Tried having our son's wedding here 2 years ago and no rooms available. Just now tried booking for our 35th wedding anniversary in Oct 2013 and nothing from Aug. 2013 through Nov. 2013 in Mazatlan, Hawaii, or San Diego. Have complained to management several times but they do nothing to fix problem. But they sure keep calling us about buying more points. Why buy here if never any rooms available. Sucks!

Original review: March 28, 2013

We were on vacation in Las Vegas. We were promised money and other prizes if we took a 90-minute tour of vacation rental properties. We had some time, so we went. We were excited by what we were shown and we bought a contract. We were sold a contract by VI for $6,159.00, $925.00 down with a balance of $5,234.00 which would be paid off in 84 payments of $106.00. My husband and I were told after a hard sale that we would receive 3 bonus weeks with RCI for purchasing at that time. However, we still needed to pay RCI $200 plus each year for RCI's services. They made us aware that there would be maintenance fees each year, but they would be something reasonable like $90 to $150 dollars a year.

When they explained the need for the RCI service, we were sold on that idea also. We needed to buy this extra service from RCI because VI only had a few vacation spots, and they are all far away from where we live. Since we are a retired couple, we don't have a lot of money to fly so we must drive to our destinations. We have owned 91 points with VI for three years now. And because we have been trying to pay them along with all our other bills, we haven't been able to use our ownership yet. At the beginning of 2013, we were informed that if we didn't use our points from 2011, we would lose them. I was alarmed because after spending all of that money, I wasn't about to let that happen.

I called RCI to try to get a vacation as close to home as possible. I found one that sounded like we could enjoy close to home. Only to find out we still needed to pay more maintenance and maid fees, plus $169.00 to book the trip. We got behind on our payment but got caught up in Feb. 2013. We had to come up with $800 plus to bring our account up to date. Now to pay out more money just to book a unit is absolutely ludicrous to me. I don't have another $300 to spend to go on a bogus vacation. I didn't expect anything close to this debacle. If I had known anything about this complete thievery of our hard earned money, I would never have gone to a presentation that has made our lives so uncertain and nearly impossible to make ends meet with our limited income.

Vacation Internationale Company Information