1.29/5
Based on 89 reviews that contain star ratings

119 Singapore Airlines Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 7, 2018

I used my air miles to redeem a returned flight from Singapore to Seoul back in April 18. I missed my scheduled flight to Seoul on the 27th of September. I was grateful that SIA scheduled me on the second flight to Seoul free of charge. HOWEVER, what I didn’t know was that SIA autocancel my returning flight to Singapore without my approval and without informing me via email nor messages. Does SIA expects me to swim back to Singapore? When I try to check in SQ609 on the 7 Oct, SIA says all their flights are full. I have to be placed on the waiting list with no certainty. The ground staffs are not helpful and I have to purchase another one way ticket with Asiana airline. I don’t know whether I will get KW 730600 back but I will fight for it.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2018

Completely and utterly appalling how such a world class airline like Singapore Airlines would succumb to such a horrible Treatment of their valuable customers in relation to the bomb hoax call they had received for SQ 423 that was supposed to have taken off at 10.50 pm on 7th September 2018. Passengers had a harrowing experience of being held up and not being allowed to leave Mumbai International Airport the whole night till 9.00 am 8th September 2018 when the flight finally took off, because of a bomb hoax call.

The sad part in all this is that Singapore Airlines refused to convey how long the delay would take leaving passengers hanging around at the departure gate clueless as to what was going on and despite several requests by passengers to be offloaded no arrangement of any sort towards that was initiated, on the contrary ground staff came across as rude with a lackadaisical attitude about the whole situation! Such a call may need tight security, but why were innocent passengers held responsible and not allowed to leave the airport, when THEY were definitely not the reason for the security threat??? When the Singapore Airlines offices were contacted they seemed to be clueless about the whole issue despite it being splashed over news channels!! What’s happening SINGAPORE Airlines? Can someone explain??

Get expert buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

We are in the middle of a nightmare trying to get my ticket. My husband was sent his but mine is 'on hold'. The reason? Still don't understand what is going on. I booked over the phone and paid for two premium economy seats from London to Perth-Australia next March. The company then decided that it needed to issue our tickets separately due to me having KrisFlyer points to redeem for a few pounds reduction on my ticket. They then tried to take out money for another ticket, while they have my money that pays for both tickets available to them from my card which says the full amount pending on my card, waiting for Singapore Airways to use it. Of course, there is not enough money available on my card now for them to take out for another fare and Barclay card stopped the extra payment for that reason. Thank goodness for that.

My husband and I have both been trying to find out what is going on with the Singapore agent (who, after several calls from him and getting nowhere, I asked to speak to a manager. He told me he is the manager!) as we are tearing our hair out and I am feeling very stressed, having spent hours over three days trying to get this resolved and going round and round in circles. We keep repeating that they have all the money for both fares and they just need to action it; how did my husband's ticket get paid for and not mine if they have not actioned the money that is sitting there from my Barclay card? What money did they use for that ticket? They have mentioned some technical hitch that is STILL not sorted it appears.

My husband has said that we want this sorted today and my ticket issued. The Singapore agent said he would speak to the finance department and get back to us. That was three hours ago and he has still not got back to us. I have loved flying with Singapore Airlines in the past and always sung their praises to others BUT I am not going to go through this again with them. Next time, I will look for a reliable airline. I know things can go wrong but when they get it wrong, the customer should not be put through all this stress and time wasting trying to get the matter resolved. SO disappointed.

Original review: July 25, 2018

One needs a sense of humour with this company. Booked a flight from Brisbane to Athens only to find out after paying that the majority of flight was on the budget company Scoot. All I wanted was an aisle seat as I have a medical condition but because I didn't book directly with Scoot, this turned out to be impossible to do. Even when checking in. Food and service very average, I really don't understand how they get such accolades. Will not fly with them again.

Original review: July 24, 2018

12 hour from Perth to Singapore. Putting it simply they ran out of food. My daughter had leftover chicken noodles & I had a bread bun for breakfast. NOT IMPRESSED. WILL NOT USE AGAIN.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Singapore Airlines?

Original review: July 16, 2018

SQ31 from San Francisco to Singapore. I never get disappointed to Singapore Airlines as much as today. I understand that the plane is having an issue and the team here tried to fix it, however, your team should have make earlier call to disembark the customer not after 3 hours on the plane, plus we need to wait another 2 hours again just to find out the flight was cancelled. Even worse, Most of the customer are disappointed on how the ground team handle this issue. It took them another 2 hours for us to wait the shuttle under the SUN. Yep, your so called APAC team does not have any clue on what they have to do, eg. listing the customer but they don't know what to do after listing our seat number, they don't even know which hotel, funny thing's, they didn't even realized that the earlier list wasn't the full customer list.

Amazing on how bad is your teamwork with this kind of situation, so much disappointment for a high price ticket and an airline who claimed themselves as the best service airlines. They told us that our replacement flight will be leaving the next day 7am. They put us on the hotel for a night. Not until 3am I found out from the letter put on my door that they cancelled again the both flights due to some issue with the flight. They told me to go to the airport and check which airline is my replacement. I went there and got myself booked on ANA NH7. I waited for 2 hrs since the counter for ANA opened at 10.40.

I went to the ANA counter and they rejected since though they have my name booked in ANA, SQ haven't issued my ticket. I went back to SQ counter just to find out that SQ031 is leaving at 11.30, what a SURPRISE to know the same flight that they told us broken is actually flying! Hope SQ031 have a good and safe flight back to Singapore. Having the airplane broken is understandable, but lying is NOT, also the fact that the way the airline treat the customers is not based on respect, they put they put profitability first, very arrogant.

Original review: July 1, 2018

I was one of your flight passengers that traveled from Philippines to India on June 15, 2018. During my flight, I pre-ordered a low-fat meal that was served as a part of my travel package. While I was half done through my meal, I found some kind of a fly/insect inside the meal box. I immediately brought this to the attendant's notice, the attendant offered me another meal that I refused to take. I was already disgusted with the situation and could not afford to take a chance with the quality of food that was served.

I have traveled in Emirates, Qatar, Cathay Pacific etc but never had this kind of an experience. This is not what I expected while traveling on Singapore Airlines, paying a big amount. The experience I had with the food is cheaper than a "road-side restaurant". To be on the safe side, I have taken pictures and videos of the same. I realize that I wasn't treated fair and would sincerely look forward to your resolution on the inconvenience that was caused to me. I am hoping you'll promptly respond and resolve my concern at the earliest.

Original review: June 8, 2018

I had called the customer service to see an option for upgrade. The service agent was able to get me a price and I was ready to pay but the call got disconnected. There was no call back from them. I called them thrice the same day after and none of the customer service agent was able to get me the price that was mentioned and said that they will be giving me a callback. I called them again the next day twice as they never gave a callback. I requested for the price; at first they said I won’t be able to upgrade and then when I insisted that they had provided me a price previously they said they will give a callback. This time I did got a callback but then they increased the price by 1500$. It’s just disgusting and unethical practice by a well known airliner to rip off their customer.

Original review: June 8, 2018

I made a connecting mistake online out of Singapore and simply needed to change one leg of a booking. I rang and I rang to get some common sense to apply. No such luck. The change fee for one leg would have taken me over the return current economy airfare and I booked and paid 6 months ahead. You have to wonder now if this is the airlines business model. They can't make money out of flying people so they rip them off in charge fees instead. What goes around comes around. I am going to Europe this year business class and was looking at SQ. Do you think they will get the fare now.

Original review: May 23, 2018

This is my second complaint regarding same issue which is not sorted since last 7 days. I have never faced so much inconvenience to book a flight being travel in more than 30 countries and taken more than 100 flights. It is a simple redemption ticket one way from USA to Europe for 1 adult and infant. SG has made it a nightmare.

Your team is horrible in coordination and if one manager is off duty the other one should be fully aware of the situation and take it from there. With an infant I have spent more than 30 hrs calling you guys and explaining my problem over and over again. I'm already trying my level best to reach to your higher authorities, so they are informed what an inefficient team they have.

I am still continuing to call your team at SG Airlines and this time to my surprise the agent was able to give fare in 5 mins Something which you guys could not and kept me on this long-awaited saga for the last 4 days *day and night. Due to which I lost my direct flight and will incur higher expenses. I am sure you understand, that travel industry is all about getting the right fares at the right time, by booking it, in short all about “Opportunity cost”. Timing is everything when it comes to booking a ticket. For me, booking my ticket via SG Airlines has been the loss. Due to your delay all my hotel bookings are also on hold.

I started calling you guys on 17th May 2018 and today is 23rd May 18. Fare on Austrian airline for an infant is hiked up to $481 USD now, which I cannot afford to pay, especially on a redemption ticket (for the infant alone). To sum it up for you, SG airlines team has made it so difficult for me and my 1 year old. Hope you understand that this is big lost opportunity for me due to – a/ inexperience in your team, b/ not being able to get me the fare at the right time, c/ not being able to quote the infant fare. With all this back and forth and waiting until today. Please let me know as soon as possible. I have spent enough time on the calls and I am very tired and a frustrated mom. Thank you.

Original review: May 21, 2018

Bought a Singapore Airlines ticket online and due to an accident on road my partner could not take the flight. Trying to pay a penalty to get reimbursed or book another flight, the run around I got has been disgusting. Buy online in Singapore the agent is in Melbourne and no telephone numbers working. As stressful as it is wondering about how your partner is doing and not being able to get assistance with reminiscent, I am disgusted at the system and care factor which is ZERO for the customer. I am a frequent flyer as well... Singapore Airlines are money hungry and they are slipping as an airline. I am not happy. In Singapore buying Singapore Airlines ticket yet I have to liaise with overseas to get report and no service.

Original review: May 19, 2018

In sum, think thrice when you book with this company. They just concern on their profit, but not much on your time (keep delaying these days - I fly every 2-3 months), and after-care. On the other hand, be careful when booking with another child company of SIA - FlyScoot too: I bought the air ticket for PEN-SIN to and fro for my parents to travel next week, where the transaction was made on 10-May-2018 (Thursday). But the system screwed up and charged me for the insurance but not the flight. My booking was then canceled by the system but still get charged for insurance.

I called Scoot to clarify on Wednesday (16-May-2018) and they be giving their stand as none of my business and I shall proceed to cancel and get refund from the TigerInsure myself. But the insurance company just say "This is a complicated case and the person in-charge is on-leave" and they never get back to us again. This is a total scam and money cheating! As another child company of SIA, this is just another not very cheap fare but so-so to bad level of services when they refused to take any responsibility or to provide appropriate assistance when all of these happenings are the cause from their "brilliant" system screw up!

What I say about SIA and Child Companies? They are just such a money burning companies for you to invest in. So, it be best that you always consider them only after you weigh that the fare they charged are reasonable compared to others and you did not really would like to fly something super valuable along, as well as if you have more time and money to spare in case mess up issues such as mine happened to you too: delay flight, charged you for nothing and no refund can be made.

Original review: April 25, 2018

We have been flying Singapore Airlines for years and found them one of the best airlines to fly with; but their service has now deteriorated. Flying out of Thailand on 4 April was adequate but the connecting flight to Paris and the return flights to Thailand on 21 April were appalling. A brand new piece of luggage damaged to the extent it can no longer be used; dirty toilets on the Paris to Singapore leg (queues formed when the girls attempted to clean), no water or liquids given on the THREE hour flight from Singapore to Chiangmai, Thailand. The Flight Manager promised to deal with the problems, took my name card, but I have heard nothing from them. He came to my seat, apologized, and said it would never happen again. Empty words of course. Once passengers are off the plane, they had no intention of doing anything. The senior hostess confided that their cabin crew complement is 22 compared with over 30 on Thai Airways.

Original review: April 5, 2018

We are from South Africa and was originally scheduled for a flight at 14:55 today from Thailand to Singapore. We were then scheduled to fly at 17:50 and now it is 18:40 and we have not yet boarded. This is unacceptable service. We are on holiday and time is being wasted by Singapore Airlines. If you care about customer service then please let us know how this time will be reimbursed to us. You have extended your flight to SA to the 10th April but this extra delay does not compensate.

Original review: March 4, 2018

I was making reservations for my son (minor) and myself travel to Bengaluru, India. I always had a great experience with Singapore Airlines, but this time around it was very disappointing. The website is really not efficient and keeps returning to the make your reservation page after entering the destination, date of travel, and selecting flights. Four times I tried, the price kept changing and always higher than the previous time. Then when called their customer service center, the price quoted was $ 230/ticket, more than the original price shown on the website. The customer service person's answer was "the current price is what it is!!" It may be the cookies that they are using?? Hope they will be able to fix the issues their website.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2018

A recent flight, 19 February 2018 from Dhaka, Bangladesh to Singapore SQ447 resulted in two incidents. Checked in an ‘oversized baggage’ wooden crate, 150cmx75cmx15cm contains an embroidered cloth picture. Both sides of the crate had name and address on very large bold print. To date, there is no trace of this - find it very difficult how something this large, that was checked in, can simply be untraceable. Calls to lost baggage are unhelpful and disinterested. Second incident involved a seat that did not recline in business class. Was informed of this prior to boarding and then handed a $150 duty free voucher as compensation. How does $150 compare to the cost of a business class ticket? This flight is at midnight, so one would naturally want to sleep before arriving early hours of the morning. Very poor experience. Singapore Airlines is losing credibility as a quality airline.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2018

I booked Singapore Airlines for the first time to KL to assist my daughter with the birth of her baby. I paid cash and less than 12 hours later they emailed me that my main direct return flight had been cancelled. It appears that at the time they took my cash they knew this flight would never fly but had not updated their website. My original flight was 11 hours, the alternative was a 24 hour flight, with 12 hours sitting in Changi overnight and another 1.5 hours in Sydney. Needless to say I did not accept this (I am too old) and they agreed to fully refund me.

That is where Singapore Airlines lost me. I needed the cash urgently to rebook in time for the birth, but after hours on the phone and queues to customer service and emails, I know I am unlikely to see this refund in under now 8 weeks (depending which email to believe), possibly never. Over $1000! They do not care that they fraudulently took my money and the position they have placed me in. Other comments about the customer service are correct, no one is empowered to do anything, they do not care, do not call back, do not follow up. I will never ever try to book with Singapore Airlines again and am making sure all my family and friends also know. It is a pity. I thought they had such a good reputation and although I was unhappy about the cancellation all I really wanted was my money back so I can rebook to get to the birth!

Original review: Jan. 17, 2018

On the 16th August we booked and paid for a trip in March 2018. We booked because they offered everything we required including choice of seat. Which was upstairs on the aircraft. A week ago a month from departure we received an email advising our plane and seats were being changed. On checking our new seating arrangements on SeatGuru we had been pushed way back to the rear of the plane in seats rows of 3.

We emailed customer services to see if they could provide better seating as I have back problems and need to move about quite a bit to be comfortable on the seat, (the reason we booked 2 seats at the beginning)... and the reply was we have 2 seats, they are emergency door seats and they cost £75... but you will have to be available to help in the event of an emergency if booked. After several other emails I found that customer service really were only interested in one thing increasing profit. They didn't care about my problem or anyone else with issues. We have supported them for years... but this will be our very last trip with them. Very disappointed. Very angry at this outcome.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2017

As usual some banks credit card can use their point to redeem for airlines miles. And can also redeem the points to any of family members as Long they have airlines members too. So I redeemed my credit card points to my husband KrisFlyer account so that he can redeem flight ticket too. He made 2 bookings on Mac17 for my son from Singapore to San Frans on 11th Dec, & return from LAX to Sin on 25th Dec. Suddenly we got their email on September 17 said name mismatched & wanted me to submit required document. I submitted immediately. Then on November we tried to book two air ticket for my daughter but failed. I asked & they said my husband account under audit. They said we breached of KrisFlyer contract that pooling miles from other members! It's ridiculous as in their system totally not allowed to pull miles from anyone to 3rd party account. So I leave it for audit.

On 8th Dec I tried to do web check for the above 2 booking but it's missing & found out they cancelled the above 2 bookings & returned point to my account. But only refund 1 ticket payment. They totally no official email or call to inform us for the cancellation. Luckily I tried do web check in or else I totally didn't know it was cancelled. Now I have another 60 hours plus to fly & found out this bad news, what should I do or any legal action can be taken? My main question is WHY THEY CAN SIMPLY EASILY CANCELLED OUR AIR TICKET WITHOUT ANY OF NOTICE AND INFORM OR EMAIL TOO! I've tried the best & found another ticket to SFO but for return still under searching. So this is truly disappointed and disaster which has spoiled and ruined our family trip to US to attend my daughter's graduation. Our domestic flight & hotel all booked! Truly sad & mad & worrying right now!

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

Flew Perth to Singapore. We were 1.2 kg per person overweight. We had 3.6 kg extra. Got told to take it out. Childs meals have to be ordered now so my 3 year old had no food as the curry was too spicy for her. They don't use common sense. What do you think a 3 year old eats? Vietnam to Singapore no coffee as the seat belt sign stayed on the whole flight. Wife never got her meal. Sorry this airline is going backwards fast. Used to be 1 of the best airlines. Now I rate it a 3 out of 10. When complain they say, "Yes you were overweight 3.6 for all 3 customers so you have to take it out." So really are they telling me you want to lose customers. Think twice before you fly them.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2017

My husband and I chose Singapore Airlines (SIA) for the 1st time to visit my brother who lives in Singapore. We thought it was one of the best company. Unfortunately, it has the worst customer service we’ve ever seen. Our return flight (SQ336 17th July)) from Singapore to Paris was delayed by 3 hours so that we missed the connecting flight with Air France in Paris. All the flights to go home were full for the following 2 days. We had to buy ourselves 2 train tickets (188 euros) to go back home.

Our Air France tickets that we couldn’t use because of the delay were non-refundable. So we lost 246 euros because of SIA. After several mails to SIA (because they don’t reply to emails), the company doesn’t deign to pay 246 euros to compensate us. They only want to pay the difference between the train tickets and the Air France tickets (52 euros). Not logical. Plus, they don’t want to spend money to reply with postal mails. Only answers by email.

This way to do show how tightfisted is Singapore Airlines. They don’t have consideration for their customers. They don’t take responsibility when their delayed flights have consequences on customers. We had suffered many inconvenience because of Singapore Airlines and they give no compensation for that. We will never fly again with Singapore Airlines, neither my family nor my friends in France and in Singapore.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2017

There is NO finer, no better service, planes, airport, food. It does NOT get better or more ENJOYABLE than this. Once you fly Singapore Airlines, you will NEVER fly anyone int'l again…

Original review: Sept. 6, 2017

My mother in law, she came on last Wednesday on Singapore Airlines for first time. Being such reputed airlines, you would believe best service. But we were sooo disappointed as she lost her baggage. We booked her wheelchair, but she was not given at Sydney Airport. For the missed baggage, we gave them all details with claim form, but there is till today no reply whatsoever. Their staff is sooo rude. They hardly care about customer. Their DNATa baggage service is sooo pathetic. Never ever book Singapore Airlines. Their airport staff is so careless. My mother in law had all her clothes, medicines, reading glasses all in that bag. She has thyroid & blood pressure so need medicines daily. We advised them numerous time that we need this bag asap due to health reason, but they seem to be don't care at all. They don't even bother to give you any compensation, not a single dollar... Such ridiculous airlines...

Original review: Aug. 18, 2017

Over 2 weeks ago we received notification from Singapore Airlines that part of our flight with Silkair had been cancelled and an hour later I received a booking from Scoot Airlines (a cut price airline which is a subsidiary of Air Asia) for a flight with them (who I hadn't contacted at all) for 12 hours after the original Silkair flight which would arrive in Singapore after our flight from Singapore to Melbourne leaves). I have emailed their customer services many times and received apologies and being advised that the email would be transferred to the correct department only to eventually being advised that the ticketing arrangements need to be phoned through. I have phoned them 3 times now and spoken for over an hour each time only to be told that a staff member from ticketing would call me within 48-72hrs and have not received a phone call back from them at all.

I suggested to them that when I look online at the Singapore Airlines website I see they have a Malaysia Airlines leaving from Kuching at a similar time to the original booking and that it would be acceptable to me to fly with Malaysia Airlines through to Singapore. The last customer service representative actually quoted that flight to me and told me they would book me with them but alas, still no call back from them. I travel with them many times but must admit this will be the very last time as their service is appalling when like this time things go wrong.

Original review: April 29, 2017

Very very bad airlines, beware before going. They don't know what they are doing. The flight was April 26, 7 pm boarding. My parents were traveling to Nepal from Houston. The lady in the reception was a ** woman who was of course a racist. Then to make the matter worse, she said, she cannot board my parents because they don't have green card or a citizenship of US and they will need that to land on Manchester, England. She said to go to another airlines and book. I told her my tickets is non refundable to which she replied that's not her problem and called another customer. It's only when my mom started crying that the manager came and told that there is no such requirement and they are good to go. I cannot explain what kind of mental torture happened during that time.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2016

I have several issues with Singapore Airlines that none has been resolved. The worse customer service on this entire Universe. My first and major issues, was when about 5 years ago, I booked a First Class flight to be in Singapore for an event, then to Hong Kong to join an organized cruise with friends. My flight was cancelled and the only way I found out about this when I called to make sure if I had the seat 2A and my book the cook was ordered and everything was in order. To my surprise I was told that the flight was cancelled due to the runway being closed in NRT and an emergency. So, my flight would be delayed by 2 days that meant that I would miss my business event and also miss the cruise. I told the agent that they can book me on a flight from SFO, she told me that it was best if I called LAX ticketing office. This was a shock as with most airlines all agents are competent of rebooking in case of involuntary irregular operations.

I called LAX (I had to call so many number to get a hold of someone). Then I was told that I have to book my own flight to SFO which I told them that was fine. She promised to call me back, however I was not called back. I called again and this time I suggested, "What about if I take the Nonstop business class aircraft and get a refund for the difference between First and Business?" She told me since I used miles this would be impossible to get any kind of refund. I went back and forth with some other agents, some really rude and treated me with such disrespect especially a Chinese woman and an Indian woman at LAX. I also called the ticketing office in SFO and it seemed that nobody could get me on another flight that day or even the day after. I told them aren't they responsible to rebook me on another airline because of irregular operations? I asked them to see if they can put me on Asiana via Seoul and I was told no.

I ended up missing my event. Two days later I was rebooked on the 747 via NRT to SIN. I was in 2A. My entertainment system was broken. Then did not have a pajama my size. I ended up with a tiny size S. On the 2nd leg of the journey from NRT-SIN when I asked the Purser if he can give me one my size that I can wear he told me that I already had one. I told him, "What about if I booked these flights separately? You would have to give each passenger a pajama and an Amenity kit." I was also not given an Amenity Kit as I was told that they were out. What? Is this Singapore Airlines that I always hear about? The Flight Attendants were nice and very robotic with lots of make up and very animated but not genuine. It seems that it was all robotic although they were nice. The Purser wrote some report however I never heard back from anybody from Singapore Airlines.

The only seat that I could move to was the last row which was very loud. I ended up sitting in 2A with no entertainment on SQ for nearly 18 hours. I was never compensated for any rudeness, not being rebooked and never got any compensation. I even wrote to the CEO office and never heard back anything. From what I gather and from my recent experiences on Singapore Airlines, they do not compensate customers unless one takes the time and takes them to small claims court. I have not had the time to do this. Plus at some point I was considering to work for them in Sales so I did not want to take them to court. Plus, I was afraid that I would be blacklisted from flying on them. Sometimes one needs to have an option to fly on airlines as we travel a lot.

I was told by the Purser on this flight that I can try to get compensated for a hotel money lost for the first couple of nights and try to get my hotel room paid for by SQ at the airport on my way to HKG but this did not happen. I talked to so many supervisors and it was a waste of time to explain myself. Plus, I could not take advantage of their First Class lounge because it was under construction and I had asked if I could get a voucher for a future visit and I was told no. I liked the SQ Flight Attendants and some of the onboard product, food and drinks, however their customer relations is another story. Plus, they are very argumentative and really crazy with their rules.

On my way back via Singapore there was no arrivals lounge and when I tried to go to the First Class lounge or Business class lounge at the terminal I was told that my flight had already landed and there was no way that I could go to the lounge and use the facilities. I just wanted to refresh and take a shower and use the internet. The SQ staff are very robotic and they have no common sense and if you want to get any compensation from Singapore Airlines for any inconveniences that they cause forget about it.

On a different occasion, SQ cancelled a flight from Istanbul in business class to Singapore. They moved my date to an earlier date which was ridiculous. I had flown in on Turkish from Capetown for an event in Istanbul and I was only there for less than a day and they wanted me to fly on an earlier date. I kept calling them their ticket office, saying that I need to go a day later. Then finally I was rebooked one day later, coming to my surprise that the aircraft was a substitute from a lie flat business class to an older angled business class.

Plus, I was trying to make a documentary about my trip and I was filming myself, not the crew or the aircraft. I was approached by a very angry Indian older male Purser and told to put my camera away. I see so many people logging their flights on youtube. Why did he pick on me? Again, no compensation from Singapore Airlines. If anyone has an email for someone specific in their customer relations office please email me. I have a few other bad situations with them. I am tired of writing this.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2016

My son was travelling with the school to Hong kong for a 9 days school trip. On the way home to Singapore on SQ891, 27 November 2016 (Hong Kong Singapore). He placed his handphone underneath the chair as per the advice of the safety video clip. When the plane is about to land he went to take the phone that he realise the phone is wet. Being a teen he just clean it and try to dry it without telling the cabin crew on the plane. When we met him at the airport, he told us about the incident and I tried to call up SIA to report the case. Apparently there is no number to call to report such an incident and I left with no choice but to call the baggage lost number and was advice to write to SIA customer service to feedback.

Only after many days the customer manager wrote back that they did not get any feedback from the cabin crew about any water leak and hence cannot ascertain any damage to the hand luggage. I tried to ask for escalation, but only get held back by the Customer service manager that the company management empower her to represent the management and there is no point to escalate beyond her. I manage to get hold of the CEO email, but sad the CEO still point back to the same manager. I felt unfairly treated and no ground to speak. SIA seem to be defensive, fear of customer making claim then to really investigate into the matter.

This is the reply. We would like to reiterate that our engineers have confirmed that there were no anomalies related to condensation in the aircraft cabin on this flight. Our cabin crew on this flight have also confirmed that there were no incidents of condensation or leakage observed in the cabin. In addition, we have not received similar feedback from other passengers on this flight. As such, we are unable to ascertain the cause for the damage of the mobile phone on this occasion. Just because no one reported the incident, SIA is so quick to conclude there is no issue then to investigate into the matter. I'm very disappointed with the SIA customer service.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2016

My boyfriend & I traveled to Bali in September 2016. We didn't have checked luggage on our outbound flights, only backpacks. After 12 nights in Bali, we had amassed many gifts and purchased a small two wheeled suitcase to check in for our return voyage. Our suitcase was only 15 kg & at least 5 kg lower than the max amount for economy class. Our voyage home took over 63 hours - having an 18 hour layover in Singapore & a 23 hr layover in San Francisco - hence we didn't want to lug around any extra baggage. We arrived in San Francisco to find out luggage wrapped up in shrink wrap. When we unwrapped it we discovered nearly 100% of one of the zipper seams was completely ripped; the new luggage ruined. As a result, many items were missing.

We immediately began the claim process with Singapore Airlines. Long story short, for the last month & a half, we have been jerked around by Singapore Airlines regarding our claim. If it wasn't "their email system was down," it was "since you left the airport we are denying your claim," (even though their website states a person has up to 7 days to file a claim), repeatedly asking for provided information ("what was your itinerary number, did you wrap the bag in shrink wrap yourself, do you have the receipt for the bag," etc, etc). The only compensation that has been offered to date is for the ruined luggage. In article 16 on their website, it clearly states they are liable up to $20/per passenger per kilogram of checked luggage.

Under which, in our situation, they are liable to reimburse us $40x15=$600. They are not going to honor this, and instead are saying since there is no proof of what is missing, they are not liable. This begs the question - how does one "prove" what is missing from a destroyed piece of luggage? In my most recent email (last night, 11/20/16) from some no-named customer service representative, the responsibility for reimbursement has been passed to the traveler's insurance company - an entity which was not named & no contact information provided. I have over a 20 email thread of the back & forth emails between me & Singapore Airlines. It is full of inconsistencies & confused statements on Singapore Airlines' end.

This entire process has been & continues to be, unprofessional & absurd. I have demanded to speak to a manager regarding this matter & only time will tell if they provide any contact information. We are deeply disappointed with this ridiculous situation & shocked by its handling. We are avid travelers & have never had a situation where a checked piece of luggage was destroyed & a myriad of items lost before! We have followed all protocols & have demonstrated much patience in dealing with this matter. We will not be flying Singapore Airlines in the future. I strongly advise others to think twice if considering flying with them.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2016

I want to have short vacation with my old parents to United States. I choose SQ because I thought it was the best airlines and there was a little promotion price. My flight was start on 26 September 2016 from SUB boarding at 6.40 PM with sq 5225 (operated by Silkair) to SIN. Then the next flight gonna be from SIN - JFK with 1 stop on Frankfurt FRA. Boarding from SIN at 11.55 PM and arrived in early morning in JFK (I forgot the time). All of the passenger have to go inside the airport then moving to the connecting gate. Around 40 minutes waiting in FRA was and pretty long walk to the gate we still able to see some 24 hours store.

Then all the passenger check in again and boarding. The plane was already moving then suddenly stop. After about an hour on the plane, the captain give announcement that there is something wrong with the plane and they need further checking for about 30 minutes.

After 30 minutes of waiting, the captain told us that there is a technical problem and there is no free hangar for us to wait in the airport. So all of us have to wait inside the plane. The captain also said that he was waiting for the ground technician to come and find out what's wrong with the plane. 30 minutes waiting and the technician came to check what's possibly wrong. Another 30 minutes for checking. Then come a solution that they need to clear the fuel and refill again because there is a contamination. They hope it will fix the problem and we have to wait for about an hour for this activity. An hour passed, then they recheck again for about 30 minutes? And they can't figured out what's wrong so we have to wait for another 30 minutes.

For about 5-6 hours waiting inside the plane, with only water and peanuts, it's really not a nice experience. I even saw 2 babies with no food (luckily the parent bring banana for the baby so they are not too starving). Then the captain said we all can go down to get our refreshment on the restaurant while waiting for the problem solved. We all are starving and eat for about an hour and half (I still see the babies got no food, the parents looks so mad because of it, even the ground crew can do nothing about it.) 40 minutes asking for explanation of what happen and what we supposed to do because there is no other flight to JFK at all and we have to wait until plane ready or night come first so they can give us hotel to rest. Then suddenly all the stewardess walking so fast to the gate, people look at them and see enlightenment that the problem was solved.

Some of the passenger were cancelled their flight but for us which doesn't know anything about German have to continue our journey. The monitor in front of me have problem so I can't used it at all, so all I can do just try to rest & sleep. Arrived at JFK at almost midnight and we got water bottled and cookies only. We missed our train to DC and just want to go to hotel and rest. Luckily we have friend on NY that pick us to rest as soon as we arrived on JFK. What a long journey and the worst news is, after I email them so much to ask about my rights when there is delay flight, they offered us 75SGD inflight voucher for the compensation of this horrible experience. :) It's really something awful, even our lost Amtrak train ticket was cost almost 200 USD.

Original review: March 17, 2016

My wife Anupama ** travelled on Singapore Airlines from Melbourne to Coimbatore last month Feb 2016 and her return trip was booked for Mar.19, 2016. Due to her sudden illness, me and my wife decided that we would change her date of travel since the cold, fever should not be passed on to any other passenger in airlines when she travels on Mar.19, 2016. She visited the doctor and doctor advised her that she would not be fit to travel in the current condition. He also provided a Medical Certificate which was shared to Singapore Airlines 2 days ago. For the past 1 week, I have been following up with Singapore Airlines in 13 10 11 number and my wife has followed up in India #. When my wife approached Singapore Airlines India they have informed her that please contact Singapore Airlines Australia (Melbourne).

I have spoken to Rebecca, Naja, Sheela and everyone have told me that you will get a call from concerned team in 24 to 48 Hours. All their 24 & 48 hours are gone and promises/commitment are never met by your team. First Rebecca told me that there might be charges approximately to 407$(AUD) and then in the evening of the same day I was advised 632$(AUD). When I asked your team, as a customer we were worried about other passengers should not get infected during the travel and it's not advisable to travel with illness. But never your team felt for us and they are just behind money asking us to pay fare of 632$ more than one way fare just because we asked for the tickets to be upgraded to Flexi Economy and travel on a different date. Your customer service team have passed on information to me whenever I called but never I received a call back from your concerned team who authorize change of date promised a call back.

Is this the service you provide for customers (No call back promise met, No commitment, No Ownership and just behind money). You can very well check your database since August 2000. I have been travelling Singapore Airlines under my name Venkatakrishnan **. In Feb 2014 me and my wife traveled from Bangalore to Melbourne via Singapore. We had problem in the connecting flight from Singapore to Melbourne. When we asked for Veg Food they said that they don't have any, just 1.

We made our booking online and we also clearly mentioned that we need only Veg Food. August 2000 Chennai to Sydney. Apr 2002 Sydney to Singapore. Apr 2002 Singapore to California. August 2004 Chennai to Singapore to Los Angeles. Nov 2004 Los Angeles to Singapore to Chennai. Dec 2008 Bangalore to Singapore to Manila. May 2009 Manila to Singapore to Bangalore. July 2013 Bangalore to Singapore to Manila. Nov 2013 Manila to Singapore to Bangalore. Feb 2014 Bangalore to Singapore to Melbourne.

I am writing this mail with complete frustration and anger that when money is paid no service has been delivered. I am going to share my feedback and write about your service in my office intranet so that my office (MNC with 180,000 Employees) would consider to book other airlines for all our employees. Why is your team not able to provide any customer service, call back promise, waive off fees for the customers who have been genuinely asking for help, notifying about the problem, considering other co-passenger health and supporting your airlines in all ways. We are ready to pay reasonable charges for the change of date but not as an entire amount that took more than a single fare. At last after seeing this mail, I hope we will get some response from your team with some ownership, accountability and trustworthy to provide us better service and not bitter service.

Please advise us on the final charges (Reasonable Fare and not 632$) for change of date as per Flexi Economy and helps us with the request at the earliest. I hope you can help us with our concern on fees and customer service delivered in a better way. As mentioned earlier let this be a reasonable fare and not entire one way fare (632$), that's too much for an upgrade to Flexi Economy. Awaiting your reply and status on our ticket to Flexi Economy with reasonable charges.

Singapore Airlines Company Information