2. Travel
  3. Airlines

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.53/5

Singapore Airlines Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Singapore Airlines?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Singapore Airlines?

Original review: July 5, 2020

Not refunding money owed from flight cancellations. I've been waiting 3 months so far after the refund is approved and the airline is now effectively ignoring us and stealing the fare for cancelled flights. They don't respond to queries anymore. Keeping the tax component alone is highly illegal as it never belonged to the airline in the first place. They are breaking so many laws here. Very dodgy.

Original review: July 2, 2020

How can a company with such customer service (apparently the BEST in their business), can reach such depths? Complete meltdown regarding refunds due to Covid-19, my flight is in limbo because they cannot even figure out operation within 30 days. I will never fly Singapore Airline if they cannot get their house in order.

Get buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 28, 2020

Hi, I am quite upset with the results of the call I had just now. My flight was cancelled due to a mobile error. Due to the covid19, I went into manage my booking, cancel my flight to see if there would be a credit applied to use for rebooking future flights as mentioned on their website. While I was on the screen, my mobile froze a few times and I pulled the screen down to fresh a few times. I gave up and ended up closing the app.

A few minutes later, I saw an email from Singapore Airline that my flight had been cancelled. I then called the local Singapore airline help number and told them that I had inadvertently cancelled my flight. They said that they are unable to give a refund or credit because I had canceled my flight and it had gone through for processing. I felt unjust, so I reached out to Singapore Airline via Facebook and Instagram. I explained to them the situation giving them further details as to how my flights got cancelled. They told me that the help desk told them that I had canceled my flight and unable to refund/credit. I have always had such a good impression of Singapore Airline and had faith that they would make this right. It is unfair that due to their mobile app screen freezes that would cost me $1,500.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2020

How has a airline that worked as the guideline for service, gone so badly wrong. Singapore Airlines appears to have ignored all norms of service. I have asked for some attention and help, but it is ignored, despite writing several letters to SQ. (See copies attached.) I have as a final attempt, to obtain a response, have attached copies of my communications with SQ (No reply received). No doubt so many customers have had bad experiences with the airline.

I may stop dealing with or flying SQ, as you have failed to uphold the good name of Singapore Airlines and Singapore too. Let me have a better experience from you, than I have had so far. At least I could say that SQ is trying hard to get back to what it stood for, from the 1970s. I wait in anticipation, as my letters would clearly show that SQ has been sidestepping my request, with not even a acknowledgement.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2019

I spoke to Singapore Airlines Customer Service today, I was told even If I purchase a Extra Room Leg Seat (S$81.90) for the cost of each seat, eventually If come across any passenger with Infant, I have to give up the seat without any refund? Can anyone assist me whether does she provide me with correct statement? As very annoying & unreasonable for such!!!

Original review: Aug. 28, 2019

Our flight from Singapore to Perth was cancelled and we were placed on a Scoot budget flight instead. We were offered a letter to request a refund, however, after writing several email, no refund was offered. We were given an apology and an explanation that they would try to improve services in the future. How do we get a refund? This is not a professional responsibility for a paid service. How is a refund possible. I could not locate an ombudsman for Singapore Airlines.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2019

My dad was traveling alone via Singapore Airlines from Mumbai to Seattle. The last layover was at San Francisco where my dad went through US immigration. At the Mumbai airport check-in counter, my dad was told that he will get his checked luggage directly in Seattle. But the luggage did not arrive in Seattle, it was taken down at San Francisco. The last leg from San Francisco to Seattle was operated by Alaska on behalf of Singapore Airlines. Alaska folks mentioned that the luggage need to be checked in again at SFO after customs but Singapore Airlines staff failed to inform this. This caused a lot of inconvenience as we had to drive again to the airport the next day to pick up the luggage (Alaska refused to deliver it at home since the luggage did not go through custom).

In all of this, Singapore Airlines staff did not help with tracking the bag or owning up about failing to inform about *SFO baggage custom, etc. Singapore Airlines - if you do not know how to inform/guide your passengers about baggage in the destination country, stop operating in these countries. This is very unprofessional and my family is never flying with your Airlines again.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2019

I love Singapore Airlines. For me, it means traveling with ease of mind, knowing flight will be on time, smooth, food good and excellent customer service. I have chosen to fly only SIA the past 2 decades or more. I headed back to Malaysia 4th August, 2019. My domestic USA flight inadvertently caused my SIA flight to Malaysia cancelled. I learned that at LAX Singapore airline counter. Needless to say, I was very distraught. A Singapore Airline employee, Elaine, quietly took over. She quietly effectively, efficiently took care of everything for me. I am so grateful to her, I want to say thank you to her and Singapore Airlines. I am a loyal customer.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2019

I recently missed a connecting flight between Singapore Airport and Phuket because the Singapore Airlines inflight system sent me to the wrong gate. The flight from South Africa was also delayed, making the connecting time even less realistic. I received almost no assistance from the airline and when I contacted their customer care I got the usual big company arrogance of "** you. We don't care now. Go away" treatment. I will never recommend Singapore Airlines ever to anyone. A pathetic display of the wrong kind of attitude. K

Original review: June 21, 2019

Sums it up. Dirty, old broken planes. Absolutely disgusting interior. Need good disinfecting and a clean. Broken seats and entertainment unit. Really poor value for money. Service is quite poor even if you have the top-tier status. I can only imagine how bad it is for ones without status.

Singapore Airlines Company Information