2.9/5 (50 ratings)

About Singapore Airlines

Singapore Airlines Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Singapore Airlines?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Singapore Airlines?

Original review: June 21, 2022

They lied!!! I am flying London-Singapore-Macau, Macau-Singapore-London. The flight from Macau to Singapore has been rescheduled to a later time that causing me to miss the connecting flight to London on the same day. They have not informed me about any change at all, I only found out about this few days before my departure when I contacted them since I couldn’t manage my booking on their website and the app.

The representative asked me to confirm that I agree to take the connecting flight on the next day, meaning I have to wait 9 hours at the airport. I have asked for a compensation, as this has affected my trip and I wouldn’t have purchased these flight tickets if I knew that I would have to wait 9 hours for the connecting flight, the representative said I could refund all the tickets and buy a new one just few days before I depart from London. If I were to do this, flight ticket would have been way more expensive, Singapore Airlines was leaving me no option.

At the end they agreed to provide hotel accommodation free of charge for me to wait for the connecting flight at the airport, I was told that another team will contact me to arrange this. But I received no update so I chased, they said someone would contact me closer to my departure from Macau, now I am chasing again as I am departing in 2 weeks, the final response I got is that they do not provide free accommodation!!! I can’t believe they lied to me!!! Hopefully, I can get a response by making this review, as the live chat of Singapore Airlines is not responding at all.

Original review: May 16, 2022

Singapore Airlines is renown for its customer service in the air but this has all gone out the window on the ground, for reservations, ticket issuance and any type of ticketing issues. Using Covid 19 as an excuse is not acceptable for zero customer service. They don't even have a phone number, or email or anything to help other than an online form to which they never respond.

BEWARE as they are very quick to let you book flights for non existent flights, take your money and just let you book the flights and then good luck changing it when the destination does not even exist, or that flight is cancelled or changes. Yes, I am understanding with all of the Covid 19 issues they encountered but that doesn't give permission to have absolutely no one to help you for more than 2 years and even now that the operations are ramping up. You need to get your act together and now that they are flying everywhere, there is still zero customer service. You CANNOT talk to ANYONE live, via email, text or anything!! Plus they straight out lie about refunds.

I was promised a full refund because their reservation system just couldn't handle the necessary changes because the destination wasn't being served and they never issued as promised. I had to book another ticket with another airline. And now, I need to book another ticket and I just cannot trust them and won't fly with them because they still think it's ok to have zero support. You will be stuck in an endless loop of no customer service. You won't be able to make any changes, or say anything, even if they cancel the flights or destinations themselves. This is NOT OK!

Get buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 10, 2022

I am very disappointed with your ground staff at Tan Son Nhat International Airport. I had a horrible experience at check-in. My flight was SGN to Zurich. Your ground staff has no idea of the regulations and entry requirements of foreign nationals to Switzerland. A very low level of knowledge and poor service. Ground staff, supervisor Ms. Pham **, told me that Israelis must show their departure flight from Switzerland. Israeli citizens do not need exit flight tickets from Switzerland.

Ms. Pham ** has a very low level of knowledge and poor service. She updated me that she had called the manager of Singapore Airlines and it would take him more than two hours. Maybe more I told her I would miss my flight. I felt I was having a heart attack! I asked him to give me the boarding pass. She refused! I don't recommend booking a flight with Singapore Airlines!

Original review: April 15, 2022

Don't be a customer service if you’re doing your job just not to get blamed. I just received a call from a customer service officer named Buzz, asking about my sudden cancellation for a redemption flight that I made. I understand that my cancelation was sudden, and I don't really high hopes to get my points/money refunded. But the way he asked me about my reasons (health reason btw), and the way he informed me about the ticket conditions got me thinking that I'm on a trial.. You can check the recordings (if SQ records their customer service conversations).

- he kept saying multiple times that it was a promotion redemption( which I did not know) and that they don't do refunds on that, which I replied “ah it's okay if it's not possible” (multiple times)

-asking for proof of health problems, which he asked to be sent “right now” and I said it's not possible to sent it right away since I'm working (it's noon here in Indonesia)

And some more things that I find quite rude to be asked repeatedly. At one point I even asked “what's your point” and he repeated again about the conditions of the tickets.. So I replied with “you’ve informed me plenty of times, and if you can't make the refund that's okay with me”. I understand that it's not that big of a deal, but I feel that, that's not how you do “service” for your customers. And as I said, I don't really hope to get a refund. I have so many more important things to do. Aside from that, regardless the shortage of staff that they are experiencing right now (long queue, etc.) I have a rather good experience with all the other staff.. Thank you, have a nice day.

Original review: March 22, 2022

I succeeded to book after many hours on hold a flight on points which were expiring. The person had no idea how to ticket and was supposed to call me back. I received the confirmation by email but SA let the booking expired. This was in November 2021. I have emailed over 10 times and spent hours Each email was answered with "This is an automated acknowledgment. We are currently encountering high volume and will do our best to respond to you within 15 business days." but never received an answer. THIS IS THE WORTH customer service from a supposed top airlines.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2022

I will keep this short as the list of emails to/from SQ Airlines is so long. Booked SQ Flights through Amex UK Platinum from CDG - HKT. Booked connecting flights from ALC - CDG with Iberia. Told by SQ office London no quarantine required anywhere as origin Spain. Flew to CDG. Transferred to SQ. Arrived Changi and was forced to side of pier and they attempted to put wrist bands on. Why? Because We were being 'forced imprisoned' until next flight that was in 11 (eleven) hours!! Informed the obnoxious ground staff we were from Spain and were not to be imprisoned. Female ground staff said 'you got off plane from France' to which I said we are standing in Changi Airport but I'm not from Singapore. I flew in from NASA but I'm not from the Moon!! Dumb idiot didn't understand!! Threatened with police if we didn't comply.

They then forced marched us through the middle of the airport (would you believe?) to the prison holding area, guarded all the way. Guards at the prison entrance. Thought we were on death row!! As Business Class passengers we were forced to stay in the prison area for 11 (eleven) hours with No food or drink offered only a public water fountain!! Covid? We departed to Phuket and upon arrival, before baggage carousel started our two checked-in bags were hand delivered and were told they arrived on earlier flight!! Unaccompanied baggage!! Strictly against the rules.

I asked if we would be 'force imprisoned' on our return journey but nobody could give a simple yes or no, so presume YES. Another 11 (eleven) hours in the prison cell. My wife has mentioned it every day so I contacted SQ CSD. I've had 5 (five) different persons respond to my email and not one has answered my questions with a simple yes or no, 'Will we be forced imprisoned upon our return?' Not a difficult question but SQ cannot answer it. Waste of time. First time we've used SQ Airlines for many years and we're attempting to make it our last!! Their CSD is below poor. I got the same response basically from 5 (five) different individuals so I'm beginning to think they are computer generated.

Everything that has occurred has been recorded and stored for viewing and to be used in evidence. They are now ignoring me so I've escalated the complaint to higher authorities. Watch this space. There's more. We're booked SQ Airlines in September AMS-DPS and we're going to be forced imprisoned again. Again Business Class without amenities. How wonderful!! Asked for refund but refused. Asked for rerouting, no response. Asked for Partner airline transfer, no response. Boy old boy they are truly one of the worst airlines I've dealt with in 40 (forty) years of traveling this planet on Business & Pleasure!!

Original review: Feb. 17, 2022

We had to cancel our trip due to Covid. After spending several hours on the phone to speak to someone I was finally promised all my money back. I waited about 8 weeks to get it and they sent $3,200 out of the over $5,000 I spent. The contract specified a $200 penalty they said they would waive. I am now again trying to speak to someone and can't find an avenue to go through. As far as I am concerned, these people are thieves. They make it so difficult to follow up on anything with them they they hope you will just go away.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2022

For an airline rated so high the customer service is the worst. I have been on phone for 4 hours on hold with no one connecting to help. I have sent emails messages and they state they will respond or call back and that does not happen. A very frustrating experience. I will never book with them again.

Original review: July 14, 2021

My experience of the customer service center was one of the worst. I needed to do two things: 1) change the flight date; 2) request an unaccompanied minor to travel alone internationally. Every time you call them, expect to stay on the phone at least a couple of hours. They are so slow, the phone line drops frequently, and they don't really know what they are doing. Keep checking your flight info online. Otherwise you don't notice that your requests were NOT completed. Also, they change your flight date without your consent and without any notice.

The email system doesn't work, either. I needed to send a same single form for about ten times- they kept sending me the same email with the questions again and again AFTER I have already answered all the questions. They said they did not notice they received my email, they could not read my email, they could not open the attachment, and etc. After all, they did not have my submitted forms on file at the ticketing counter. It was a mess.

Original review: April 22, 2021

This is the most frustrated experience I have ever had in my life. As one of the biggest airline company, I thought Singapore Airlines should provide the best service to the customer, but I was deeply wrong. It has taken almost two month time for me to cancel the ticket since 04/03/2021. I have made more than 6 times phone call to follow it up by myself but every time the consultant never did what they had promised to me, no call back, no apologize. I am really angry about how your team handle the whole process and I still haven't received the refund but only an email confirmation of the cancellation as at today on 22/04/2021. How funny is that! I will definitely not flight with you in the future and I am going to share my horrible experience with all my family and friends. Really disappointed with Singapore Airlines.

Singapore Airlines Company Information