2. Travel
  3. Airlines

4.0/5 (273 ratings)

About Singapore Airlines

Singapore Airlines Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Singapore Airlines?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Singapore Airlines?

Original review: July 14, 2021

My experience of the customer service center was one of the worst. I needed to do two things: 1) change the flight date; 2) request an unaccompanied minor to travel alone internationally. Every time you call them, expect to stay on the phone at least a couple of hours. They are so slow, the phone line drops frequently, and they don't really know what they are doing. Keep checking your flight info online. Otherwise you don't notice that your requests were NOT completed. Also, they change your flight date without your consent and without any notice.

The email system doesn't work, either. I needed to send a same single form for about ten times- they kept sending me the same email with the questions again and again AFTER I have already answered all the questions. They said they did not notice they received my email, they could not read my email, they could not open the attachment, and etc. After all, they did not have my submitted forms on file at the ticketing counter. It was a mess.

Original review: April 22, 2021

This is the most frustrated experience I have ever had in my life. As one of the biggest airline company, I thought Singapore Airlines should provide the best service to the customer, but I was deeply wrong. It has taken almost two month time for me to cancel the ticket since 04/03/2021. I have made more than 6 times phone call to follow it up by myself but every time the consultant never did what they had promised to me, no call back, no apologize. I am really angry about how your team handle the whole process and I still haven't received the refund but only an email confirmation of the cancellation as at today on 22/04/2021. How funny is that! I will definitely not flight with you in the future and I am going to share my horrible experience with all my family and friends. Really disappointed with Singapore Airlines.

Get buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2020

Our company booked 3 AKEs from Bangkok to arrive in Sydney via Singapore on 3 July 2020. 1 AKE got bumped off in Singapore. The cargo arrived hot. The shipment was chilled perishable product. The Air waybill stated 126 boxes. Every airline container can carry 42 boxes. But Singapore Airlines decided to load 40 boxes per container plus 6 loose. Singapore airlines later demanded more payment for the 6 boxes that they didn’t load. The Airline refused to take responsibility for the damaged goods. We were totally robbed.

Original review: July 5, 2020

Not refunding money owed from flight cancellations. I've been waiting 3 months so far after the refund is approved and the airline is now effectively ignoring us and stealing the fare for cancelled flights. They don't respond to queries anymore. Keeping the tax component alone is highly illegal as it never belonged to the airline in the first place. They are breaking so many laws here. Very dodgy.

Original review: July 2, 2020

How can a company with such customer service (apparently the BEST in their business), can reach such depths? Complete meltdown regarding refunds due to Covid-19, my flight is in limbo because they cannot even figure out operation within 30 days. I will never fly Singapore Airline if they cannot get their house in order.

Original review: March 28, 2020

Hi, I am quite upset with the results of the call I had just now. My flight was cancelled due to a mobile error. Due to the covid19, I went into manage my booking, cancel my flight to see if there would be a credit applied to use for rebooking future flights as mentioned on their website. While I was on the screen, my mobile froze a few times and I pulled the screen down to fresh a few times. I gave up and ended up closing the app.

A few minutes later, I saw an email from Singapore Airline that my flight had been cancelled. I then called the local Singapore airline help number and told them that I had inadvertently cancelled my flight. They said that they are unable to give a refund or credit because I had canceled my flight and it had gone through for processing. I felt unjust, so I reached out to Singapore Airline via Facebook and Instagram. I explained to them the situation giving them further details as to how my flights got cancelled. They told me that the help desk told them that I had canceled my flight and unable to refund/credit. I have always had such a good impression of Singapore Airline and had faith that they would make this right. It is unfair that due to their mobile app screen freezes that would cost me $1,500.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2020

How has a airline that worked as the guideline for service, gone so badly wrong. Singapore Airlines appears to have ignored all norms of service. I have asked for some attention and help, but it is ignored, despite writing several letters to SQ. (See copies attached.) I have as a final attempt, to obtain a response, have attached copies of my communications with SQ (No reply received). No doubt so many customers have had bad experiences with the airline.

I may stop dealing with or flying SQ, as you have failed to uphold the good name of Singapore Airlines and Singapore too. Let me have a better experience from you, than I have had so far. At least I could say that SQ is trying hard to get back to what it stood for, from the 1970s. I wait in anticipation, as my letters would clearly show that SQ has been sidestepping my request, with not even a acknowledgement.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2019

I spoke to Singapore Airlines Customer Service today, I was told even If I purchase a Extra Room Leg Seat (S$81.90) for the cost of each seat, eventually If come across any passenger with Infant, I have to give up the seat without any refund? Can anyone assist me whether does she provide me with correct statement? As very annoying & unreasonable for such!!!

Original review: Aug. 28, 2019

Our flight from Singapore to Perth was cancelled and we were placed on a Scoot budget flight instead. We were offered a letter to request a refund, however, after writing several email, no refund was offered. We were given an apology and an explanation that they would try to improve services in the future. How do we get a refund? This is not a professional responsibility for a paid service. How is a refund possible. I could not locate an ombudsman for Singapore Airlines.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2019

My dad was traveling alone via Singapore Airlines from Mumbai to Seattle. The last layover was at San Francisco where my dad went through US immigration. At the Mumbai airport check-in counter, my dad was told that he will get his checked luggage directly in Seattle. But the luggage did not arrive in Seattle, it was taken down at San Francisco. The last leg from San Francisco to Seattle was operated by Alaska on behalf of Singapore Airlines. Alaska folks mentioned that the luggage need to be checked in again at SFO after customs but Singapore Airlines staff failed to inform this. This caused a lot of inconvenience as we had to drive again to the airport the next day to pick up the luggage (Alaska refused to deliver it at home since the luggage did not go through custom).

In all of this, Singapore Airlines staff did not help with tracking the bag or owning up about failing to inform about *SFO baggage custom, etc. Singapore Airlines - if you do not know how to inform/guide your passengers about baggage in the destination country, stop operating in these countries. This is very unprofessional and my family is never flying with your Airlines again.

Singapore Airlines Company Information