3.37/5

Looking for a travel site?

Singapore Airlines

Looking for a travel site?

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

Singapore Airlines Reviews

Original review: Oct. 23, 2019

I spoke to Singapore Airlines Customer Service today, I was told even If I purchase a Extra Room Leg Seat (S$81.90) for the cost of each seat, eventually If come across any passenger with Infant, I have to give up the seat without any refund? Can anyone assist me whether does she provide me with correct statement? As very annoying & unreasonable for such!!!

Original review: Aug. 28, 2019

Our flight from Singapore to Perth was cancelled and we were placed on a Scoot budget flight instead. We were offered a letter to request a refund, however, after writing several email, no refund was offered. We were given an apology and an explanation that they would try to improve services in the future. How do we get a refund? This is not a professional responsibility for a paid service. How is a refund possible. I could not locate an ombudsman for Singapore Airlines.

Get expert buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
      Original review: Aug. 25, 2019

My dad was traveling alone via Singapore Airlines from Mumbai to Seattle. The last layover was at San Francisco where my dad went through US immigration. At the Mumbai airport check-in counter, my dad was told that he will get his checked luggage directly in Seattle. But the luggage did not arrive in Seattle, it was taken down at San Francisco. The last leg from San Francisco to Seattle was operated by Alaska on behalf of Singapore Airlines. Alaska folks mentioned that the luggage need to be checked in again at SFO after customs but Singapore Airlines staff failed to inform this. This caused a lot of inconvenience as we had to drive again to the airport the next day to pick up the luggage (Alaska refused to deliver it at home since the luggage did not go through custom).

In all of this, Singapore Airlines staff did not help with tracking the bag or owning up about failing to inform about *SFO baggage custom, etc. Singapore Airlines - if you do not know how to inform/guide your passengers about baggage in the destination country, stop operating in these countries. This is very unprofessional and my family is never flying with your Airlines again.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2019

I love Singapore Airlines. For me, it means traveling with ease of mind, knowing flight will be on time, smooth, food good and excellent customer service. I have chosen to fly only SIA the past 2 decades or more. I headed back to Malaysia 4th August, 2019. My domestic USA flight inadvertently caused my SIA flight to Malaysia cancelled. I learned that at LAX Singapore airline counter. Needless to say, I was very distraught. A Singapore Airline employee, Elaine, quietly took over. She quietly effectively, efficiently took care of everything for me. I am so grateful to her, I want to say thank you to her and Singapore Airlines. I am a loyal customer.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2019

I recently missed a connecting flight between Singapore Airport and Phuket because the Singapore Airlines inflight system sent me to the wrong gate. The flight from South Africa was also delayed, making the connecting time even less realistic. I received almost no assistance from the airline and when I contacted their customer care I got the usual big company arrogance of "** you. We don't care now. Go away" treatment. I will never recommend Singapore Airlines ever to anyone. A pathetic display of the wrong kind of attitude. K

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Singapore Airlines?

Original review: June 21, 2019

Sums it up. Dirty, old broken planes. Absolutely disgusting interior. Need good disinfecting and a clean. Broken seats and entertainment unit. Really poor value for money. Service is quite poor even if you have the top-tier status. I can only imagine how bad it is for ones without status.

Original review: June 9, 2019

My family and I are frequent flyers of Singapore Airlines for more than 25 years, all these years we have encountered minor disappointments but the services and hospitality onboard always kept us flying Singapore Airlines. But this time, I am filing this complain with great disappointment because of my last trip on the 3rd June 2019 from San Francisco to Singapore flight SQ 01.

I am a disabled person that can’t walk on my own and fully rely on my wheelchair for mobility. As usual, I requested to retrieve my wheelchair at the aircraft side in Changi Airport before boarding in San Francisco and a special instruction was tagged on the wheelchair. Upon arrival in Changi Airport, after all the other passengers had left the aircraft, there was still no sign of my wheelchair at the aircraft side. The stewards from the aircraft helped me to get off the plane with an aisle chair and transfer me to an airport wheelchair. The man with the airport wheelchair then pushed me through the immigration and to the baggage claim belt, still can’t find my wheelchair. Long story short, without my wheelchair at the belt, I was asked to file a lost baggage report and will call me or email me when found.

Isn’t this ridiculous? No one from SQ came to help me and attend me starting from the aircraft side to filing lost baggage at Changi Airport! As if this was my problem and the Changi Airport. Where are the SQ staffs? Aren’t SQ should be taking the responsibility of finding my wheelchair or providing some kind of solution? I was totally stranded with the airport wheelchair and don’t know what to do at the airport. Until I called up my uncle and aunt who happened to be in Singapore for help to get me to my next flight back to Indonesia.

For the next 2 days, there was no news or responses from Singapore Airlines or Changi Airport. Looks like Singapore Airlines is not putting much attention of finding my wheelchair or follow up my report. In the end, with the help of my family’s connection we managed to retrieve my wheelchair from Changi Airport through a third party!

What happened to Singapore Airlines? What happened if I didn’t get help from the third party? What if my wheelchair was never found, will I get some kind compensation of the lost and inconveniences? Singapore Airlines was frequently voted as one of the best airline, but I am sorry to say the ground staffs and management were very disappointing, irresponsible and unprofessional.

Original review: June 9, 2019

Moving from IAH to Singapore. Called Singapore Airlines BEFORE reservations were made as I have an emotional support dog. Was told dog would be able to travel with me in cabin through Manchester to Singapore. After all documentation was obtained, I called to confirm and emailed documents.They refused to allow me to travel with my pet. First they said because it was going through Germany. Manchester is in UK. Then they would not give me a reason. They are liars. At the last minute when all documentation had been prepared based on travel on that flight, they refused. I had to obtain last minute travel accommodations for my esa at great cost to me.

Original review: May 26, 2019

We were looked after really well. especially by Ming ** on our flight from Vietnam to Singapore. SQ175 ON 15/5. The hotel in Singapore had taken my friends' luggage by mistake and loaded them on to a bus that was going to the airport, butrit wasn't our transport. To cut a long story short, Singapore Airlines held our flight until our friends' suitcases were finally dropped off at the airport and because of the kindness of the airline, we made our flight. Everyone from the ground crew to the flight attendants were fantastic. Not just this flight but all our flights, from Perth to Singapore, Singapore to Vietnam and return. Thank you so much, we will definitely fly Singapore Airlines again. Christine **

Original review: May 17, 2019

This is specifically about Singapore airlines (Delhi, India) Staff. I have booked the tickets for Singapore airlines from Delhi to Australia for my one & a half year old daughter and my mother-in-law. After reaching to the Delhi airport, the Singapore airlines staff just refused to provide my mother-in-law a wheelchair which was her right and she’s having difficulty while standing for long time & can’t navigate stairs but they completely denied her request and asked for $30 to provide a chair to her which is against the rule & they can’t charge that much from the passenger even if there’s any charge for it. But still they charged for a wheelchair and didn’t give any receipt of it.

They also denied our request to carry my daughter on a wheelchair with her grandmother and asked my daughter to walk along with her grandmother in the airport. I mean this ridiculous. How can one & half year old baby girl could manage to walk by herself in the crowded place like Airport? Or they don’t have any sense what they are asking for.

But here’s horrible thing started, they just refused to provide boarding pass to my daughter. One of Singapore airlines Delhi Staff member was really aggressive on that issue where he should help both of them but his behaviour was very rude & unacceptable. He had no right to stop the passengers unless for security reasons and looks like he was considering himself as immigration officer that time. And due to his arrogance & stubbornness my daughter & mother-in-law missed their flight. I will say it’s unprofessional & horrible experience we ever had so far!

I also talked to Singapore airlines in Australian support center and they first denied that, "Our staff can’t stop the passenger," but when they took the notice of this issue then finally they accepted that it has happened and their Delhi staff is not permitting & providing boarding pass to my daughter. They just simply showed their incompetency toward my matter. Matter of fact they can’t deny the Australian citizen to provide boarding pass. We are really annoyed & amazed with this behaviour and now we are looking for quick resolution.

Singapore Airlines Company Information