Sandals Resorts

• 10%
  • 18%
  • 36%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sandals & Beaches Resorts?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sandals & Beaches Resorts?
    Customer ServicePunctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed May 19, 2024

My wife and I stayed at Sandals Southcoast in Jamaica from April 13th – April 20th (2024) as part of our second anniversary celebration. We looked forward to our very first stay at a Sandals resort. In general, it was a pleasant vacation, and we enjoyed the accommodations and use of the various amenities. However, there were events that happened (or didn’t happen – as it were) that we started noticing with an increasing frequency. So much so, that I decided to create a list. The below items represent our feedback:

General

- Our luggage took at least 30 min to get to our room after we checked in. When we asked the luggage person where the ice was, he pointed to where it was instead of offering to go get it.

- The beds were very hard (much harder than average hotel beds).

- The music was way too loud during the daytime at the main pool. We had difficulty having a conversation with anyone. The DJ should consider suggestions for the type of music the crowd would most likely enjoy (e.g., country or '70s rock). At the smaller pool (closest to us) the DJ did take suggestions but went back to the same music after perhaps an hour.

- The service attitude was sometimes not very enthusiastic (especially among some of the women – no smiling, for example).

- A gift of chocolate strawberries (that we intended for our new friends) was sent to us instead of our friends. Our concierge said they would pay for the corrected order. Unfortunately, we had to walk down to the concierge and have them correct it. They didn’t immediately correct it and we had to ask again on our last morning (as we were checking out).

- We received a courtesy call for feedback on Wed. I asked them to call back because we were in the middle of something and couldn't talk. They never called back that day.

- There was a system issue when we were checking out (we had to walk to the front desk, and they also had issues).

- We didn’t notice any AED devices on site (in case someone has cardiac issues).

Room and Related

- The TV was old, and we couldn’t wirelessly cast our laptop computer to it for Netflix or Hulu.
    - There was frequent TV pixelation, limited channels and no Netflix or Hulu option. We ordered an HDMI cable from the concierge, and they said that they would check on availability, but they never got back to us.
    - Horrible free Internet service (almost always very slow).
    - It took 3 tries and over an hour to get a scale sent to our room (useful for weighing ourselves and our luggage).
    - We ordered diet drinks for our refrigerator and didn't get them until we ordered them again the next day.
    - The pool directly outside our hotel room was out of commission for half of the week – it opened midweek (Wednesday).
    - We ordered an in-room meal, and they said it would arrive in 40 min. It came 25 min later (65 min total). I ordered chips and they gave me fries. The bacon was barely cooked. The food was also lukewarm. Not a good experience.

- The cleaning service came at 5p (we shouldn't have to ask every day for cleaning before 4p). After we asked, it started coming during the days while we were out by the pool/ocean.

Restaurants

- The plates in the Bayside restaurant for the morning buffet were often missing. Food was sometimes not updated (e.g., cobbler missing for a considerable amount of time). We hardly got any service at our table the last full day we were there (and had to chase someone down for coffee). There was also no offer of mimosas.

- Candles should be placed outside for Eleanor’s Restaurant - it was too dark to see our food.

- Why are various restaurants closed on different days? All restaurants should be open daily for normal business hours.

Punctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed March 31, 2024

We visited the Ochi resort in Aug of 23 and had a great time. Booked the Romeo and Juliet suite with private plunge pool. Although the room is very much in need of a remodel it was great to stay in. Butler staff were amazing! Main issue we had was there was a very short power outage on the 3rd day and the pump to our pool quit working. We let the butler know and they had maintenance take a look at it and got the pump working again. Over the next 2 days the pump kept failing and they had to keep "fixing" it. Finally on day 5 we were moved to a different R&J room with a working pool pump. I understand that mechanical failures happen but we should have been moved rooms the second time the pump failed not the 10th. Hence the 4 star review.

Some food on the resort was great like the sushi and the French restaurant but some was just ok and definitely needs to be better to match the rest. I would stay away from the pizza. It took over an hour to get 2 pizzas and they were cold and had wrong toppings on them when we finally got them. Ochi is a beautiful resort but just needs some updates to rooms and a few common areas. We have booked 3 more vacations all to different Sandals resorts and very much look forward to all of them.

Get buying tips about Hotel Brands delivered to your inbox.

Thanks for subscribing.

Punctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed March 18, 2024

My husband and I spent a week at Sandals Royal Bahamian at the end of January 2024. This was our first all-inclusive adults only vacation, and it will not be our last! We already have our second Sandals vacation planned in Jamaica for 2025 because we had the time of our lives on this first trip. We are easy-going fun-loving people. We are 50 and 60 years old. The resort staff were really wonderful and that is what made our trip so so fun. There is fun available pretty much any time.

During the day there is a "quiet pool" (East Bay Pool) and what we called the "fun pool" (West Bay pool.) The fun pool has dance music playing most of the day, and games happening near the pool on and off all day. We spent all of our time at the fun pool. The bartenders at all the bars are friendly and make excellent drinks. For example one of their drinks is a fruity concoction with banana, and they use real bananas, not just a banana-flavored mix. My husband loves whiskey and he was served *plenty* of good whiskey. The food was also good - we really enjoyed everything we ordered all week long.

The steakhouse and Soy were, in our opinions, the highest-quality "fanciest" meals at the resort. The other restaurants were all very tasty and good but don't expect four-star Michelin restaurants the entire resort-stay, which is fine! We had tons of grouper and shrimp and steak and all kinds of goodness. Every meal was satisfying. The Italian restaurant has an excellent antipasto bar (so good!) We loved the two food trucks, the coffee truck has delectable sweets, and the fish tacos at the other truck are delish. Breakfast buffet is good, and the French restaurant breakfast is great too. We did not get to try the French restaurant for dinner because someone (me) drank a little too much and went to bed early.

Coconut Grove at night is great fun with Giovanni and James. Genie is an excellent entertainment manager, and such a lovely, fun and lively lady! Angel sang at the Coconut Grove and was amazing, Karaoke and dancing was a blast, the evening couples games were hilarious (we took part and had a blast) and I loved that one evening it was very cool and windy and while sitting out on the couches they passed out blankets.

Private beach was beautiful and SO relaxing. Beach at the resort is smallish but very pretty. Being January the weather was a bit cool and very windy so we didn't go in the ocean much. Please do NOT expect the pools to be so heated that on a cool and windy day you can comfortably hang in the pool. We had a few windy days, and a few calm days with a lot of sun. At about 70 degrees with lots of sun and little wind, in January, the pool was fine because the sun was hot enough to keep it enjoyable. At 70 degrees with 20 MPH winds and not full sun (passing clouds) there was no way to hang in the pool, too cold (the pool had waves!) but it was still fun to sit around the pool, eat drink and be merry! The hot tubs were nice and hot and fun to relax in. We highly recommend Sandals!

Profile pic of the author.
      Staff

Reviewed Jan. 19, 2024

Royal Curacao is a fabulous resort! Love our Sandals Resorts. Been going since 2000! But, we think it's too many people for the resort. Why, the infinity pool chairs are gone before 7am as we noticed walking around the pools in a night stroll around the resort. I don't get up too early before 7am as we are on vacation. I didn't think the butlers should be saving any pool chairs with towels while the guest are in the cabanas as well. (My opinion.) We all paid to be here. The beach was fabulous. The non booking restaurants were lacking table space. Way more people on Resort than restaurants. Could use a French, Tipsy Turtle Pub. Loved the bikes, great idea! Walking the resort to see it all, WOW!

Profile pic of the author.
      Staff

Reviewed Aug. 4, 2023

Although the place was built in 1993, it is very well maintained, and the grounds are immaculate. What sets this place apart is the staff. Just super people working to please. Terry at the front desk and countless others, always a smile and offer to do whatever. Good food, good service, lots to drink, clean pool and great beach with warm water.

Verified purchase
      Customer ServicePunctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed July 7, 2024

Arrived Friday, June 28. We missed our first dinner reservation because the ferry that our sandals rep suggested left an hour late waiting on another flight. The first night, we ate at the pavilion. Food was cold, steak was terrible, salmon was way overcooked. The next morning we were up at 8 AM. No chairs available by the pool. Or by any other pool. Had to share the breakfast buffet with the flies. Waiting on drinks for up to 30 minutes. Staff at restaurants seem miserable and unhappy. No restaurants with availability for dinner.

We finally got another reservation now they are saying that will be canceled. Tonight, we were told to order room service, after hoping to get sushi. Guess what. Room service not answering. I have many videos of me calling them with no answer. I am paying almost a $1000 a night and have NO FOOD! This is NOT OK! I am requesting a partial refund. This has been a depressing stressful experience. I can not believe the glamour that surrounds the Sandals' name. I have pictures of sharp, broken tile in the walking area around the pool, broken light fixtures on our patio with the glass still laying out there. Water and beer are not automatically refilled, I have had to call and ask every day. Also, got up thirsty last night (because water was not refilled) and went to the club lounge. No water at all. Nothing. We were told we would have updates today at 2:00 about all of this hurricane news? Nothing.

Just a few side notes:
      Resort is accessible to people that are not staying here. They can walk up on the resort and do so in the late hours.
      Massages are done with masseuse wearing gloves. You may not care, but I have an issue with that “texture”.
      Food was disappointing. Do not expect fresh seafood. Lots of frozen fries. Had to eat fish and chips due to closures.
      Reservations are slim. You are not guaranteed to eat anywhere. There is not enough reservations for the amount of people here.

Make sure you get up at 6 am to get a chair or you will be sitting on the ground.

Verified purchase
      PricePunctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed June 16, 2024

My husband and I just returned from celebrating our 20th Wedding Anniversary at Sandals Barbados. We were disappointed in many things about our stay - for the price we paid we would say our stay just wasn’t worth it. Sandals boasts a 5-star experience with 5-star restaurants and premium liquors. The food was mediocre at best, even in the signature Butch’s Chop House, which we were barely able to reserve.

The bartenders were all very young and had limited knowledge in preparing proper cocktails (martinis as opposed to sugary rum drinks). The liquor was not premium - bottom shelf tequila was the only tequila choice and the vodka and rum drinks were watered down or had so much mixer you couldn’t taste the liquor. The dining staff and bartenders appeared annoyed with any request for additional service or special requests. The food choices were minimal - breakfast was basically the same two menus at 6 restaurants. Dinner was 3-star at best and service slow.

Sandals doesn’t inform you that you aren’t allowed to book a reservation at the nicer restaurants before you arrive and that you should try to book as soon as you get there or you aren’t likely to get a reservation. We learned that the hard way. The room was cleaned daily but we found the glasses we had used the prior night had just been rinsed off and placed back on the shelf - one had lipstick smears from the day before and they had water in them. We aren’t sure if this was Sandals or Barbados or a combination but we will. Or be back.

PriceStaff

Reviewed June 3, 2024

The bad...food, room service, housekeeping, restaurant staff and checkout process. The good...Butlers Dominique and Doreen, Queens Pearl, Suite layout, pools and beach. Overview...don't go unless mediocre food and poor service is acceptable. The price is high and management should be ashamed. Our Butlers were very good, but, if not for their efforts, we would rate this 1 star, instead of 2.

Online & App

Reviewed April 30, 2024

We LOVE Sandals. We have always had a wonderful time visiting the resorts. This last trip we took we booked an excursion but it was not described on the website accurately. We canceled the excursion. We were assured it would take a few days to get a credit on our debit card. Well…. We finally got the credit. It took THREE months!!!! That is really not right. Sandals please do what you say you're going to do. We are loyal Sandals guests and this very disappointing.

Customer ServicePriceOnline & AppStaff

Reviewed April 28, 2024

Our vacation to Sandals Resort at Beaches in Ocho Rios came with a price tag of almost $34,000 for the 8 of us, which is why we expected a fabulous vacation. It was mediocre, at best. Their website promised things that just did not exist: there were tennis courts but nobody to open up the tennis shack so we could play. There was no lazy river for the kids, even though the website showed a beautiful video of one. No windsurfing, no water skiing, no aqua-bikes, no available beach chairs/loungers at any of the pools. My husband even went there at 6am but what they had was already reserved. Most went unused during the day but still there was nowhere for us to sit.

The food was glorified cafeteria food. Many of the salad bar items were fermented and weren't changed frequently, aside from the everyday items like salad bar, fruit bar, and breads, there were only 8 chafing dishes at each meal. One each for noodles, rice, potatoes, chicken, pork, beef and 2 local dishes. Nothing gourmet like they promised on their website and brochures. There is a phone app with activities listed that probably hasn't been updated since before Covid, so it was totally inaccurate. For the $34,000 I paid for the 8 of us, you can imagine how ripped off we felt.

I contacted them after we returned via email. They sent me a form-email saying they would review my concerns and get back to me within 2 weeks. They did not. 18 days after my initial email, I emailed again. They didn't answer that one either. So 2 weeks after that, I emailed again. I still haven't heard back from them. They emailed me a survey right after we got back home, but as soon as I clicked on the #1 when they asked me to rate my trip from 1-10, with 1 being the worst and 10 being the best, the survey disappeared. In other words, if you give it the rating it deserves, they will not average it into their ratings, which means you cannot get an honest rating on their website.

Usually our vacations have always been amazing. This is the first mediocre vacation we have ever been on, and for $34,000, one should be able to expect spectacular. The people who worked there were all super nice, the tropical cocktails were delicious, but the resort itself was a huge disappointment. The rooms smelled musty. They were rundown and in need of a complete refurbishing. Don't waste your money at this inferior resort. If you want true value and an amazing vacation for your all-inclusive vacation, go to Club Med instead.

Sandals Resorts Company Information