2. Travel
  3. Travel Agencies

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.87/5

RailEurope.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about RailEurope.com?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about RailEurope.com?

Original review: Aug. 9, 2020

Purchased tickets for myself and wife in January and before the pandemic requested for refund. It’s so sad that no one responds to your emails and no contacts. This is a scam and would not encourage anyone to use their services. So sad.

Original review: June 19, 2020

You will never be able to get your money back from them. The site takes you around in Circles, no one to communicate with. We spend over $500 in tickets. Due to pandemic we were unable to travel. They stole our money and will steal yours too.

Get buying tips about Travel Agencies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 13, 2020

I booked 2 passes with them for this 2020 summer. Obviously, I am unable to travel during the pandemic. I am currently being given the runaround to get my refund (or at the very least a new ticket for next year).. Being made jump through hoops (phones disconnected or endlessly busy, generic unsigned emails with no phone numbers to call back, now the website is on lockdown etc), to now be told (after purchasing a protection for those tickets) that I need to provide the airwaybill number of the delivery company that sent them to me (6 months ago!!!!), WHO KEEPS THAT? I will never say it loud or often enough: DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY; they are not reliable. I wish I had read the reviews beforehand. I hope I help at least one traveller.

Original review: April 17, 2020

So before booking them in January 2020 for my trip from Minnesota to Europe, I saw all the horrible reviews. But I thought it'd be ok. Then the coronavirus, Covid_19 happened. Travel bans, closure, quarantines made me going impossible. I requested a refund over a month before I was supposed to get on a train. They refused. They stole my money for a trip I couldn't take. Do NOT book with them.

Original review: March 30, 2020

I was told twice that my train tickets are refundable due to Covid-19 outbreak, but I am getting a continual run-around. According to their response, every person has said that it is not their responsibility to issue the refund and they pass me along to somebody else. Now they won't even respond to me. Do not buy from this company.

Original review: March 19, 2020

I purchased a refundable ticket and they refuse to issue a 85% refund - per their terms. This is during the COVID-19 outbreak. I can not believe they endorse stealing. How is this a legitimate business practice?

Original review: March 2, 2020

I contacted Rail Europe to cancel tickets due to the coronavirus. I was told that the rail service was not refunding any tickets due to the virus outbreak. I am not sure if this the railway position or if it is just this service. I will not be using this service again and would advise the same for anyone else contemplating this service.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2020

If I could review Rail Europe a negative star, I would. This company does not deserve any stars whatsoever! Horrible experience!! Consumers. Please STAY AWAY from this fraud agency. I bought 4 euro Spain passes and I couldn't book my seats. Every time I would check, no schedules would be fully open. I would log in to their live chat, and every person I would speak to would give me different answers. One of their reps told me that it would take a few days even though another one of their colleagues said to wait till next month. They had me going in circles! They provided me a phone number for customer service. I called. It was a machine who sent me back to their live chat. I cancelled my tickets due this reason. Being misinformed and not being able to book my seats! I get an email from Tejal... that it would take 10 business days to get refunded only for the passes... NOT the protection plan!

Why do I need to get refunded only for the passes and not the full amount?? This is how they make their money! I emailed Tejal. Never heard back! I jumped on live chat. They now give me a priority phone number to call. I call... I explained the situation. The person I spoke to said that they would have me speak to their supervisor. What does the supervisor do? HUNG UP ON ME! Sooooo frustrating!!!! They will misinform you, they will not upload schedules, so you can pay full price. They will charge you fees on top of fees. This is how they make their money!! STAY AWAY!!

Original review: Jan. 12, 2020

All the other reviews pretty much sum it up. Poor service, canceled trains, lack of refunds, etc. You actually don’t need Rail Europe. They are a broker, instead try the actual train site or just buy the ticket at the station. You will save yourself lots of money and grief.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2020

Several weeks prior to our planned departure, we purchased 6 Eurail Global Passes for our family trip. We also purchased their “Travel Protection Plan” which started it covered lost or stolen passes, cancellation once no questions asked, and other assurances. As it turned out, my husband who is 77, was suddenly hospitalized 4 days prior to our departure for Europe.

After his week’s confinement, we attempted to exercise the Rail Protection Plan to cover our outlay of over $1,000. Even though the planned return date of our trip was not yet up, Rail Europe refused to honor their “insurance” because the passes were not returned to them before our scheduled departure date! To add insult to injury, I had to spend $38 to UPS the passes back unused in addition to the cost of their “Travel Protection Plan” (approximately $138.00). They refuse to refund the price of our tickets or any expense based on a fine print technicality. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY! They do not care about their customers.

RailEurope.com Company Information