1.8/5 (166 ratings)

About RailEurope.com

RailEurope.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about RailEurope.com?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about RailEurope.com?

Original review: April 27, 2022

We had to cancel our trip because we could no longer travel to Russia. We asked Rail Europe Customer Service to give us a refund and they said, "Sorry, not possible." I wrote back asking them to take it to senior management to reconsider and they came back with, because we were not from Ukraine, we cannot cancel. This is just pure greed from a Company that sells tickets on behalf of independent railroads and you can be sure that while they take the money from the consumer, they will not be passing the funds to the rail lines because we had to cancel through no fault of our own. Please, try to do anything you can to book your rail tour with anyone other than this greedy unsympathetic company. It's a shame that employees have to work for a company as awful as this one.

Original review: April 22, 2022

BEWARE. This company is a scam. Reposting my review because the company keeps trying to flag my review as false... DO NOT USE THIS SCAM SERVICE. Contracted covid while abroad and had to cancel my train ticket with RailEurope.com. This was a $500 train ride in Switzerland and they REFUSED to refund me. I shared all of my covid results and a proof of contraction from a pharmacy. They still wouldn't give me my money back for a trip I could not take due to COVID!! Insanely terrible business practices. I really hope they go out of business. Total scam.

Get buying tips about Travel Agencies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2022

RailEurope will sold me tickets marketed as "fully refundable for free prior to the date of travel". However when I contacted them to refund these "fully refundable tickets", they have refused to give me back my money. They are hiding behind a vague statement buried in the fine print of the email I received AFTER purchase that says "some tickets MIGHT be non-refundable" when you download a copy. However this is after the specific booking conditions in the email stating that my tickets ARE fully refundable for free. In contractual situations a specific statement will always take precedence over a general, non-specific statement.

RailEurope tries to pass off the blame on the train operator, but as the ticket seller and the authorized distributor, RailEurope has a duty to its consumers to CLEARLY communicate the terms and conditions of the ticket booking. In obviously failing to do this, RailEurope is misleading consumers and pocketing the extra money as a result. This company should be ashamed of itself.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2020

I purchased tickets before the pandemics started. I agree with all the posts this year that they are the worst. Their policy says if the train cancels they will refund you. After numerous emails I have been sent in circles. They lied to my credit card so now they won't cover the dispute. Beware. I won't use them ever again.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2020

Purchased tickets for myself and wife in January and before the pandemic requested for refund. It’s so sad that no one responds to your emails and no contacts. This is a scam and would not encourage anyone to use their services. So sad.

Original review: June 19, 2020

You will never be able to get your money back from them. The site takes you around in Circles, no one to communicate with. We spend over $500 in tickets. Due to pandemic we were unable to travel. They stole our money and will steal yours too.

Original review: May 13, 2020

I booked 2 passes with them for this 2020 summer. Obviously, I am unable to travel during the pandemic. I am currently being given the runaround to get my refund (or at the very least a new ticket for next year).. Being made jump through hoops (phones disconnected or endlessly busy, generic unsigned emails with no phone numbers to call back, now the website is on lockdown etc), to now be told (after purchasing a protection for those tickets) that I need to provide the airwaybill number of the delivery company that sent them to me (6 months ago!!!!), WHO KEEPS THAT? I will never say it loud or often enough: DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY; they are not reliable. I wish I had read the reviews beforehand. I hope I help at least one traveller.

Original review: April 17, 2020

So before booking them in January 2020 for my trip from Minnesota to Europe, I saw all the horrible reviews. But I thought it'd be ok. Then the coronavirus, Covid_19 happened. Travel bans, closure, quarantines made me going impossible. I requested a refund over a month before I was supposed to get on a train. They refused. They stole my money for a trip I couldn't take. Do NOT book with them.

Original review: March 30, 2020

I was told twice that my train tickets are refundable due to Covid-19 outbreak, but I am getting a continual run-around. According to their response, every person has said that it is not their responsibility to issue the refund and they pass me along to somebody else. Now they won't even respond to me. Do not buy from this company.

Original review: March 19, 2020

I purchased a refundable ticket and they refuse to issue a 85% refund - per their terms. This is during the COVID-19 outbreak. I can not believe they endorse stealing. How is this a legitimate business practice?

RailEurope.com Company Information