2. Travel
  3. Travel Agencies

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.23/5

Get matched with a great travel agency now

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

RailEurope.com Reviews

Original review: Oct. 12, 2019

This company adds a surcharge for their train ticket booking service. They are only middlemen who charge. There are no savings or advantages to booking a train with this company. Book directly with the SNCF and save money and disappointment. Do a little homework.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2019

Back on Aug 2nd, my three travel companions and I booked four tickets from Seville to Madrid for Oct 2nd. They were the best advertised price at 23 euros/person. My card was charged for $99USD at that time but I never received a confirmation. Upon reaching out to their company that same night, Sia emailed, "We are waiting for RENFE to load fares and schedules for all routes in Spain for all upcoming travel. Once we receive the confirmation from the rail carrier, we will notify you. We appreciate your patience and ask that you wait for a response from our web booking team". I practiced extreme patience until my companion asked me to reach out to Rail Europe on Sept 19th.

I spoke to Scott in a Rail Europe live chat where he informed me that the order never went through in spite of taking my money and he could not honor the first 23 euro ticket price nor could he compensate me in any other way or do anything more than give a worthless apology. At this time, tickets had tripled in price. Even though I now despised this company, we purchased another set of four tickets for $223 from Rail Europe. Received an email this morning from Felicia stating that this price was also "unavailable" and we needed to pay $96 more to successfully book our tickets. WHAT A SCAM!!!

I sent her two emails with some strong choice words and she never even apologized for the inconvenience but did say that I would get a full refund. And I better get a full refund for the first booking, as well. DON'T EVER USE RAIL EUROPE. Use Trainline (no booking fees) or direct from RENFE. At least you'll have immediate notifications of unavailable train times and tickets delivered immediately to your email. I can't believe Rail Europe is a real company with all of their inefficiency and incompetence!

Original review: Sept. 18, 2019

Booking **. I made the above booking, they froze the funds in my bank account but failed to issued tickets and told me that it was because the bookings/timetable is only available within 2-3 months of travel but in my case the travel was within 1 month so it did not make any sense. DO NOT BOOK WITH THIS COMPANY. I wished I had read the reviews prior booking with Rail Europe. They told me it would take up-to 15 days for the funds to be released which I find to be crap. BEWARE OF EURORAIL.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2019

This company is absolutely awful! It is a SCAM. DO NOT buy train tickets through this company. They are NOT tickets. It is simply a reservation to buy a ticket. Buy your tickets at the train stations and DO NOT go through this company.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2019

We are a tour company, we have used RailEurope for two years now. They have messed up almost all of our bookings. Names misspelled, misinformation. They tell they have sent us the tickets, they never show up. Misbookings. They never read a complete email. Never answer all of your questions. NO 24 SUPPORT. DO NOT USE! YOU WILL BE VERY SORRY. And on top of everything else,they do not care, they act like it is your fault. Did I mention that you will be very sorry if you use them?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about RailEurope.com?

Original review: Aug. 21, 2019

My wife and I set up our dream vacation, something in planning for more than a year. We purchased 2 first class tickets from Lugano Switzerland to Basel Switzerland for travel about 45 days out. We picked a specific train time and routing. We received instead (via mail) paper tickets with no reservation but instead an open booking good for 3 days. This essentially puts us in the "take your chances" mode. I immediately requested a refund and also notified my credit card company to execute a charge back. RailEurope employee (40 minutes on hold) was not helpful and insisted that I should have known this but he could get us reservations for an additional fee. No idea how this will resolve as yet.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

I made reservations for the Eurostar from Paris to London. When I looked at the printed information, it had us on the wrong day. I don't know if that was my mistake or the company's. So I tried calling to make a change - I was on hold for almost an hour! Finally through an online chat I requested a callback. Apparently one cannot makes changes online. So the guy who called me back was nice but he told me the change of date would increase my fare, in addition to change fees which were more than my original fare. So I asked him to check other times which might be cheaper. He found one, but it was not convenient for me. So I said to leave it as is.

Well he had already switched it to the wrong time and he would not admit that it was his mistake. To change it back to my original time, I would have had to pay even more, however I had purchased the one time change insurance at the beginning of the call. Activating the insurance saved me from another $200 of cost! But now I have no insurance because it only protects a one time event. It was the company's mistake to change the travel time - they did it without my authorization! They should at the very least reinstate my insurance. NEVER USE THIS COMPANY! They were the first item to pop up after my google search for Eurostar; I assumed that was the Eurostar company. That was my first mistake. Beware! This company rips people off!

Original review: Aug. 1, 2019

I travel to Europe often and usually book directly with service providers. This time I decided to try RailEurope and I would like to spread the information to all passengers to save their time and stress. Unprofessional, unresponsive. Taking forever to confirm booking, enough time so all other options are sold out. If I knew they would not be able to confirm the booking I would have enough time to look for other options as there was plenty at the time but no, they never got back after numerous tries. Please do yourself a favor and don't use them.

Original review: July 18, 2019

We book some trains for our Trip to Livorno, Pisa and Florence and due to some cruise line technical issue we could not make on time. We tried to get our refunds back from our tickets and was very hard to reach RailEurope customer service; then we tried to request the funds from the website in which they utility on the page says that we were entitled to. After 3 weeks and several email to RailEurope they finally got back to us saying that we will not get our money back due to their policy after sales. This company is scam... I do not recommend to use them at all.

Original review: July 14, 2019

I bought a ticket from France - Frankfurt. After making the purchase they replied saying they would confirm the purchase of the ticket with 5-7 business days. I received an email the next day stating that there were no 2nd class tickets available for the time I wanted - I could either upgrade to a first-class ticket or take a 2nd class ticket for a later Train. I had to respond within 24 hours or they would cancel the ticket. I accepted the extra fee to receive the first-class ticket, however, I did not receive any confirmation that the payment had made or receive my tickets. Fifteen hours before I was scheduled to take the train, I went to the train station I was scheduled to leave from to see if there was any record of the tickets being purchased. They did not find any tickets in my name. I emailed them to cancel my ticket but have not heard back from them.

RailEurope.com Company Information