3.4/5 (53 ratings)

About KLM

KLM Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about KLM?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about KLM?

Original review: June 5, 2022

I’m traveling with Delta / KLM with infant who is turning 2 by the return trip. The airline booked the ticket as infant for return trip without any issues. Now they realize the Infant has turned 2 and wants to charge 3 times the fare for mom. Is it ethical? That’s how you do business and treat families with children?

Original review: May 2, 2022

This is the worst airline I have ever travelled. These people are rude. Never help you for anything and their Schiphol airport is the worst airport with poor management and facilities. Highly recommend to avoid this airline and airport as much as you can.

Get buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 11, 2022

They caused my daughter anaphylaxis by serving her nuts after we asked the stewardess twice (my husband and I asked when she served us, and then our daughter asked when she was served) if there were nuts in the meal she was serving. We even informed her that our daughter was deathly allergic to nuts. During the anaphylaxis reaction, the stewardess avoided us instead of trying to help or get help. Luckily, I had an Epipen and Benadryl which helped, but our daughter suffered the entire eight-hours flight. Before our flight, I tried to inform the airline online multiple times, but that part of their web site would not work, so I called multiple times prior to our flight, but was placed on hold for hours, never being able to speak with anyone. Needless to say, our family vacation was ruined. When we made it back home and made a complaint, KLM stated that they did nothing wrong as per the U.S. Department of Transportation and refused to do anything about the nightmare. They just didn't care. Don't let them make a victim of you!

Original review: March 25, 2022

I bought 2 tickets to Amsterdam in Jan. 2020 for a March flight. Covid hit & the flights canceled. They converted my tickets to vouchers. Dec 31, 2021 was the deadline to use the vouchers. I immediately booked a flight to London for April 16-23. First week of March while checking on my tickets, my flight has been rescheduled without consulting me or telling me of the said changes. I reached out to KLM via Messenger & phone. After over an hour on the phone, someone from customer service helped me & offered to refund me my money. I was assured that I would get my money back in 1-3 months. I also received an email of the said refund. A week after, I checked on the status of my refund. The website says my Booking Code has been canceled, and my refund can’t be verified. I was advised to reach out to my agency (which is KLM office) or call or message via Messenger or Twitter. What a scam!!!

Original review: March 9, 2022

Where do I start. So we had our flight cancelled and all sorted in less than few hours. Very happy. Our flight from Amsterdam to São Paulo just 110% customer Service. The food was amazing and just the cleaning of the toilets continuously, the smiles, happy, friendly, so good to the children on the flight and always making sure everyone was okay. My flight was the 21st of February originally but new rescheduled flight was 22nd which we were really happy with over the weather in Ireland. I could write an essay but just thank you to KLM. You are amazing and thank you so so much.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2022

I bought a business class ticket on KLM from LAX to Amsterdam in December of 2021. They lost my bags and refused to compensate me. Avoid this airline! They claimed that I had taken over 3 weeks before filing my claim so they would not honor it (I took 4 weeks).

Original review: Dec. 13, 2021

First we had a two hour conversation over the phone to book our ticket; which was unavoidable due to us bringing a pet. Then we were told we would receive a confirmation email with a link to pay within 48 hours; which never arrived. We then tried calling multiple times and contacting them via email and on Facebook messenger asking for a way pay and find out if our pet's reservation had been accepted. We then got a reply three days later via Facebook messenger informing us that our flight had been cancelled due to the fact that we had not paid.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2021

We flew from Bucharest to Ibiza with a layover in Amsterdam. First of all, we departure with a delay because the flight was overbooked and then upon landing, the cabin crew informs us we have missed our connection flight to Ibiza because of the delay. I even see that in the KLM mobile app and I get a text message on my phone confirming we've missed our flight. Getting out of the plane, we decide to still go at the gate and see that we really missed out flight, since anyway it was the last flight to Ibiza that day. And guess what?! We did not miss the flight!!! The gate was still open and we were able to board our flight to Ibiza.

Upon landing, I get again an email and a text message letting me know that our baggage was not transferred and it will arrive in Ibiza after 24 hours and we each can spend up to 100 euros to buy the necessities and the extra costs will be refunded by KLM. I've submitted this claim on the 8th of September and since then called 10 times different numbers, followed up on my request via the KLM website and never heard back. Everyone I'm talking to on the phone does not know how to help me and nobody replies via email. I've contacted KLM via phone, email, WhatsApp number, Facebook. I even called the number in France for AirFrance's main customer service and nobody can help. This is very frustrating and it's really the WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EXPERIENCE in my life!

Original review: Oct. 8, 2021

I was meant to fly to Canada but the flights had to be changed due to Covid. I was issued a voucher of 350 EUR for the flight I was no longer taking. I requested the cash option since I live in Canada and there is not much service in Canada. I called and discussed this with them, asking how to get the cash refund, and where it would be sent. The agent told me to send an email to them with the information about the bank account where it should be sent.

However, against my consent, the agent on the phone submitted the refund request during the call, and by the time I submitted my details via email (within 4 hours), they sent the money to an old bank where I no longer had an account. The bank rejected the incoming money since the account doesn't exist but KLM refused to re-issue either the voucher or the payment. As such, they stole 350 EUR from me since it was returned to their accounts but they won't give it to me, and I will never fly KLM again.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2021

KLM without providing upfront information, denied me boarding pass, I have ticket from Moscow to Minneapolis with connection in Amsterdam (I'm Canadian citizen). On front desk Mr. Marasov ** - manager, was asking me to provide me info that I'm son of my parents citizen of USA. I shown him my birth certificate, he said that it is not enough, I must provide copies of parents' US passports, I did, then he asked me about my father naturalisation certificate, I did. Anyway they are refused my boarding, this is discrimination!!! They gave boarding passes to other people in the same situation. I'm retired person with disabilities, so instead of help, I received degrading experience. And my mother she is 89 has no chance to see her son last time.

I'm going to ask you why keep this totally unprofessional people in your company? I was without sleep for 20 hours, 8 hours in Airport, no boarding, I paid for taxi 2200 rubles and PCR test 2850 rubles, also accommodation 10 000 rubles. I need refund or flight reschedule. In all this situation, responsibility totally on KLM. This is weird situation created by your staff. Sorry but you must pay my expenses. As I was reading on internet, KLM never pay for their mistakes and never apologises. In the future I'm not going to fly KLM. Miserable people and fraudulent, corrupted company. If you want to stay away of trouble do not fly KLM. Sincerely, Iouri **

KLM Company Information