3.48/5

Looking for a travel site?

KLM

Looking for a travel site?

KLM Reviews

Original review: Nov. 8, 2019

We use to love KLM. I'm a gold flying blue member. My wife is traveling with a 2 and 3 year old children. We take front row seats to manage this with minimal disturbance to others. KLM changed the plane and did not give us equivalent seats. All of this without a simple warning. Complete disregard for their customers. Called 3 times. One supposed to get back to me, one hanged up, one transferred to nowhere. They really insensitive and show no concern for young children. They even cited seat policy change to justify themselves. Never flying again with them.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2019

My husband and I travel to Europe yearly and we have used many different airlines. Hence, we have had many and varied experiences with different airlines. This year we visited Scotland and Amsterdam and decided to try KLM. We had a good experience going through security and so forth in Chicago. And we arrived in Amsterdam safely, though it was a rather rocky flight. If that is all you require for your flying experience, you should be fine. However, if you want some amenities to go along with the flight, you might be disappointed. Everything seemed "budget." No frills. The entertainment: Poor selection.

The "recent release" was a 2004 movie. The TV series showed the first episode of "Friends." And that's all. I could go on. Now I realize airplane food is usually not first rate, and so I don't expect first rate food, but this food was even worse than most. There were no attempts to make one comfortable. No blanket or pillow. Nothing like that. But the real reason I'm writing this rather than choosing not to fly with KLM again in silence is this: In all my years of flying (anywhere), our luggage was never lost. I know. Some kind of miracle, right?

Well, KLM lost both my husband and my luggage and then stated this, "Well, it's your fault for not putting all your things in your carry on." Why in the world would we put two weeks of clothing etc. in our carry ons? They did not apologize or act contrite in any way. Just... it's your own fault. Yes, it was. For picking KLM. We know better next time. We eventually got our luggage back, several days later, but we had to buy new clothing because we didn't know when or even IF we'd get our luggage back. So, before you book...think twice!

Get expert buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2019

Booking Code: **...Initial flights out of US was unable to select seats for Business class, system kept dumping seat selections. Unable to check-in online until the last minute. When talking to customer service they seemed disinterested. Terrible customer service! Changed flights VIE to IAH from 20 Oct to 17 Oct, was charged $500 change fee and the nightmare began. Unable to select seats, unable to check-in online, via app, or at VIE kiosk. Talked with Delta and KLM customer service six times all within 24 hr of flight and nobody was able to correct these issues. Delta agents did not seem to care. Walked 1/2 mile to KLM counter in VIE. Took 20 minutes to check-in, "could not find in system".

KL1838 no provisioning. Asked for water and was told there was none, meanwhile flight attendants drank bottled water and made hot tea for pilots in plain view of Business pax. KL 661 no seat assigned, had to sit in last row behind coach galleys. Terrible experience! Will never fly on KLM again! Customer service non-existent! Request change fee refund got no avail. Now requesting a 50% Refund of round trip fare...

Original review: Oct. 13, 2019

Worst experience of our lives. They cancelled our flight back and put us on one 8 hrs later with 2 layovers. New airline made us pay to check our bag. On hold for 20 min and KLM never answered. Terrible.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2019

My boyfriend was flying from Toronto to Turkey with a connections. When he got to Montreal to connect to the Netherlands, that connection was canceled. Called the customer service and was told the first time, it’s was reschedule for the same night. I’m was tying to tell your agent I’m looking at both online and the email I received. It’s cancelled. Message via Whatsapp- I was told still on time. Called again, told was leaving later.. After looking at more than one system and speaking to the Manager, realized I was correct. Really KLM!

Got a new flight with more connections, got to Frankfurt this morning and he my boyfriend wasn’t in the system. Couldn’t get on the flight. Had to call again.. Your manager I spoke to was very rude and not helpful. My boyfriend is sick and stuck at the airport because of your airport mistake. NO HELP. It’s not the customer fault, they can’t find him in the system.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about KLM?

Original review: Sept. 27, 2019

Live in Singapore. Thought we would try KLM. I figured transit in Amsterdam and get connection through to Newscastle nearer to my destination. Usually fly SQ to LHR. The Amsterdam to Singapore flight is actually Amsterdam-Singapore-Bali-Singapore-Amsterdam so was worried in case any delays as the connection in Amsterdam was 1 hour. The flight departed SING on time and arrive Amsterdam ahead schedule but the bags missed the connection to Newcastle despite arrival gate F to Departure gate D at Amsterdam 10 mins walk. Registered missing bags at 9AM and Newcastle told that bags would arrive hotel at noon. 27 hours later still in hotel; no bags. In fact the aircraft that we took from Sing to AMS PH-BVD actually been to Lima in Peru and now back in Amsterdam and yet bags from Amsterdam to Newcastle can't make it...still waiting.

KLM can get a 777 from Bali to Amsterdam via Singapore to arrive 10 minutes ahead of schedule at gate in Amsterdam but can't get bags from an F gate to a D gate in an hour. We do Sing - UK 4 x times year. This is the first and last on KLM. It's incredible that a bag on flight with no passenger results in flight being held while bags offloaded yet in 2019 passengers on flight no bags goes on time. If your ground agent can't make a 1 hour connection then don't sell tickets that say you can.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2019

I was flying with my 11 month baby from Athens to Bristol to spend Christmas with my family. I had to exchange planes in Amsterdam where I realized that the KLM employee in Athens had only included in the envelope one Boarding Card Athens-Amsterdam but forgot Amsterdam-Bristol. When I went to claim the Boarding Card at Amsterdam airport the flight to Bristol was full.

KLM refused to help me. IT WAS MIDNIGHT! I HAD A BABY AND KNEW NO ONE IN HOLLAND. I DIDN'T EVEN HAVE NAPPIES FOR MY BABY GIRL SINCE THEY WERE IN THE LUGGAGE! AND ABOVE ALL IT WAS THEIR FAULT BUT REFUSED TO ACCEPT IT. I had to book a hotel by myself and took a plane to Bristol the next day. Then got a call from my travel agent saying KLM had cancelled my return to Athens when they saw I had not arrived in Bristol the previous night!!

First, they don't let me on the plane to Bristol leaving me alone with a baby in the middle of the night and then, if it wasn't disturbing enough, they don't let me use my return either!! We got the return restored and got back to Athens. Wrote a complaint letter and was acknowledged by the staff in Athens who paid the hotel in Amsterdam and, oh no!, gave me a free ticket to travel again with them. Needless to say that I threw it to the rubbish bin. The KLM staff in Athens made a mistake and gave compensation. The KLM staff in Amsterdam were unkind and unhelpful. If something had happened to me and my baby that night, it would have been THEIR FAULT!! !

Original review: Aug. 27, 2019

We were on a flight on August 22 (DL9522) that started in Nairobi and arrived in Amsterdam connecting to Detroit (DL0133). We looked at the board for our connecting flight and read the wrong gate departure. We arrived at the correct gate just as the doors were closed and therefore was told to go T6 for help connecting another flight. I rarely encounter such rude to unapologetic people.

The rep said there was nothing she could do and we would have to purchase new tickets. The people next to me had encountered the same problem with the same connection and they were given another ticket. Needless to say we were very distressed but called Delta and they put us on another flight. As we got to the gate D7 they were completing the boarding process and refused to acknowledge that we were now listed on the flight. The rep said she had no way of reading Delta's changes; therefore we missed the flight again. The desk attendant was demeaning and abrupt.

Delta again put us on another flight now connecting to Minneapolis (DL0163) and this time we had time to go back to T6 rep and again endure difficulties until we met Charlotte **. She was gracious enough to research and found our boarding passes and assigned seats together. She was empathic and went above and beyond. I will avoid flights with KLM in the future.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2019

The worst of the worst has happened to my sister and KLM had no care in the world. They took their money and refused any help or solution to a situation that they had no control of. My sister, who is South African, was supposed to come to Belgium to visit me on my birthday. However, disaster struck, as their passports and visa application had somehow gotten lost during the process. After hundreds of phone calls to the Consulate and to TLScontact, and either receiving no answer at all, or being told that they do not know where their Passports are. Even after driving all the way to the consulate, where still no answers were found. There was no other choice than to cancel the flights, as it is impossible to leave the country without a passport or a visa - And KLM didn't give a damn.

They refused to refund any money at all. A flight worth over R24000 (roughly 1400 euros), they just kept the money. I log this into the same category as stealing from poor people. After this, not me nor my family will ever fly with KLM again. They only care about money and will not help their customers who cannot control the situations they are in.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2019

First of all thank you so much for cancelling my flight, really appreciate that. Second, a couple of my colleagues found an alternate flight to United, they were even checked in, and somehow they managed to get booked to the United flight, and instead of flight to Paris and then to Amsterdam, they are flying directly to Amsterdam. I kindly asked support to help me out as well. Got a template answer, which I love by the way. FYI no one like a template, and they are super easy to spot. Template = laziness/not giving a **. After explaining that my colleagues got on the United flight, I was asked for my details, etc. and after waiting for a 20 30 minutes, and having to chase support for an update, I got the template again as an answer.

I work in Support as well, and this is unacceptable. Even worse, another colleague just confirmed that she got on the United flight as well, so it seems that it was possible for two people who were in my exact situation, but not for me. So thank you KLM support, you just helped your employer lose a customer. GG WP. Flight in question: **

KLM Company Information