3.73/5

163 KLM Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 9, 2019

I had a flight from Sofia-Las Vegas with a connection in Amsterdam. I arrived to Vegas after 20h and they lost my Baggage. In the airport no one helped me to fill the form, the customer support not responding - I'm still waiting for my Baggage. I request a lactose free meal they don't have this option in my returned flight. Bad experience. Never will fly with them again.

Original review: July 4, 2019

I'll save a long story for the sake of those reading this. Left me a voicemail 12 hours before I was due to fly (parking booked, business meeting arranged for 2 months, bags packed etc) telling me they'd overbooked and I was no longer on the flight. Instead I was flying to Brussels, then on to Amsterdam and arriving 6 hours after my scheduled meeting. After 2 hours of pleading, they still couldn't care less. Basically spoke to a human robot for 2 hours. Ended up getting 2 hours sleep, going to Aberdeen first then Amsterdam.... and still missed my meeting due to a delay and then having to wait 40 mins for my bag which was hand luggage that they insisted on putting in the hold.

All they have to say is they were within their rights to do so. Ignoring the lack of morals involved and stress it caused me. I wasn't interested in their measly offer of compensation, I just wanted my original flight. To do this to people - which I believe they do regularly - at such short notice is immoral and wrong. Sent a complaint afterwards and today - 8 days later - no response. When I rang for an update, I got another of their human robots who just repeated they were within their rights to do it. The stress this cause me at the time, as well as forcing me to take a different flight which left me with virtually no sleep, is not patched up by some lowball monetary offer. Their lack of understanding compounds that this airline truly does not care.

Get expert buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 12, 2019

I would like to inform you that your staff are rude. Ground staff should know how to treat people better. Your staff was embarrassing and humiliating. Your staff member asked other passengers to step on top of me and my belongings while I emptied fragile items from my carry on. I PAID TO BE ALLOWED TO BRING MY CARRY ON AND PERSONAL FRAGILE ITEMS ON BOARD. Your ground staff forced me to open my bag which had personal items including underwear and then told other passengers to step over my things. At this time the staff member also confiscated my passport and phone. This is ridiculous and a terrible experience flying a terrible airline that has no regard to its passenger's comfort or our security. Shame on you!

Original review: April 3, 2019

On March 27 2019 my mom was suppose to fly from Manchester (UK) to Ottawa (Canada), flight 1082 at 10:40, confirmation **. Unfortunately we didn’t know that visa ETA should be renewed if you renew your passport. So my mom has the visa on her old passport as a result airline denied to board the flight. It was 2.5 hours before the gates are closed. She went to KLM office in the airport and explained the situation, saying that she will renew the visa and then she will fly (it should tale up to 48 hours, actual it took 3 hours).

Instead of offering her to help and change the tickets to another day (and paying changing fees) they just cancelled her tickets (forward and return ticket!) and refused to give any refund. Why did they cancel the return ticket as well while my mom told them that she is planning to fly once she has the visa? Why they didn’t refund the return ticket? Because they will resell it and receive double price (one time my mom paid and then resell for one more for full price). Very bad business behavior KLM and CheapOair! You could take fees for changing the flight and be nice to your customer, but your preferred to receive more money you reselling! Disgusting! No help and there is nobody you can talk, just took money! Finally we paid 3.5 times more than original price! The tickets were bought from KLM through CheapOair.

Original review: March 25, 2019

Like most passengers, I'd pre-selected my seat when checking in online. Unfortunately, when I arrived at my seat a couple was already there (the man was in my seat), after showing him my seat number on my boarding pass, he agreed to move one seat away - it seems that both of us had the same seat number. A computer problem I believed.

An air stewardess later brought two Dutch passengers to our row, after some exchange of information (I was speaking in English, while the Dutch passengers (2 female who seemed to be friends) and Dutch air stewardess exchanged in Dutch), they decided that I should be the one who moved to another seat, as "my size was smaller" - the couple was also Asian but I'd understand that they'd want to sit together with an infant in their hand. Then, more conversations in Dutch, and one of the fatter Dutch passengers insisted that I should be the one who moved (because I was the Asian among them) and also because she absolutely must sit there. The stewardess agreed.

I did not understand this as all the economy seats had the same size, and I did in fact pre-select my seat prior to boarding. If there was a problem, they should have informed me before I took my seat. The conversations in Dutch became louder, I insisted I did nothing wrong and deserved my seat, but the Dutch stewardess then FORCED me (yes, forced) to move the last row of the plane. I have issue with shaky plane due to some nerve problems (a kind of vertigo) and the back of the plane usually has the worse shaking/turbulence - a logic that many know. I swore it was an incident of RACISM by the stewardess and the passengers alike. It was my first time flying KLM, and definitely my last!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about KLM?

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

Flight Athens-Oslo with transfer at Amsterdam on Tuesday 26.01.19: My luggage did not make it to the second flight (Amsterdam). At Oslo the clerk was annoyed at me for not taking care of filling up the form myself and remained rude in words and manners throughout the scarce five minutes the process took. This was on Tuesday evening. The clerk informed me the baggage would be delivered on Thursday, as there would be no time on Wednesday (no deliveries after 14:00). The text messages from KLM on Wednesday stated I would get my luggage soon, which was of course not true. It also stated that I would be contacted by the delivery company about a delivery time, which has not happened yet and it is Thursday 12:45.

It therefore looks as though my luggage will not arrive today either. I have tried calling and online chatting with both KLM and Widerøe (which seems to take care of deliveries on behalf of KLM in such cases) to ask for an update but it has been impossible. Rude handling, appalling delivery service, absolute lack of information, impossibility to reach anybody, all in all outrageous. What KLM did, however, was take full advantage of some legal loophole to start sending me info via Whatsapp, even though I denied them access when buying the tickets. Awful experience.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

I booked return ticket from Saskatoon, Canada, via Calgary, to Cape Town, South Africa. I have used KLM for many years for flights to Cape Town, but this year was the first time that I accidentally found out, few days before my flights, to Cape Town, as well as the return flights, that ‘the flights from and then also to Saskatoon, has been cancelled’. Previous years I have been informed even if there were time changes - not so anymore.

The saddest part is that for both ‘cancelled’ flights, I was able to confirm that there were still seats available on the flights KLM said were cancelled, when I went on WestJet website. So much for being a loyal, Flying Blue customer all these years. KLM is not what it used to be. Previous years there were problems when I booked using Delta website - KLM always blamed Delta, which is why I started doing all my reservations using KLM website. Who does KLM blame for lack of communication and blatant untruth when they claim a flight has been cancelled, but I can confirm the flight still exists?

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

Booked a KLM flight from Houston to Copenhagen via Amsterdam. Shortly before my departure KLM advised the connecting flight from Amsterdam to Copenhagen had been cancelled due to weather. I asked to remain on the Houston/Amsterdam flight (for which I had a boarding pass) but they now told me this flight too was cancelled due to weather. Much to my surprise the Houston/Amsterdam flight left on time whereas they re-booked me with Air France via Paris resulting in an 8 hour layover. Once in Paris I found an earlier flight to Copenhagen which would have saved me over 3 hours but they refused to re-book me with another company. I asked for a lunch voucher (as per EC regulations 261/2004) and they also rejected said request. KLM could not care less about your rights/needs and will tell you whatever (true or not) to further their own needs - not yours. I strongly advise passengers to choose another airline.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

Sadly I need to write this review. I have traveled with KLM many times and always been very satisfied with their services until a few weeks ago. I live in Canada and my father lives in Belgium. He became sick around Christmas 2018 and when he was still in the hospital in January I booked a flight from Vancouver to Amsterdam to visit him. Unfortunately on January 11 he passed away. I contacted the KLM office in Canada and was informed they did not have any earlier flights to get me on ("They were all solid booked") so "you are on your own". I bought a new ticket with a different company and managed to make it just on time for his funeral. When I tried to use my return ticket with KLM they had kicked me out of the system because of a "no-show". I ended up buying a new ticket (within 24 hours) of 1800 USD... Shame on our Dutch Airline company for such a lack of compassion and such a ridiculous money grabbing policy.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

We are still extremely angry, because KLM refuses to refund our expenses of 400 Euros that we had on Cuba because they did not manage to send us our luggage. We got it on day 9 of our trip – and only because we no longer let KLM handle the situation. The communication of KLM is really outrageous. For example KLM refused to call us back on telephone due to their "social media strategy"! You do not want to read that in the internet outback of Cuba wearing the same clothing for more than a week. Additional nuisances: items stolen out of our luggage, disgusting food (Havana catering) on flight back.

I could go on and on. But the most important and really annoying part is the awful and worst customer experience I had in my whole life in the aftermaths. No goodwill at all on the part of KLM. I have never had to complain before in this manner (I am not one of those annoying customers.). We were really looking forward to this trip and treated ourselves to business class tickets for our anniversary to have a memorable experience. Well, we have got that now. positive points: nice food on flight from Amsterdam (much better catering than from Havana), very friendly and honest flight attendants. I will never fly again with KLM and will tell others about our story.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2019

Although I booked my ticket through KLM, they put me on a flight with AtlasGlobal, which stopped in the wrong country for nearly an hour before finally arriving in Amsterdam after my connecting flight had left. At the direction of KLM, I am in line to get through passport control so I can get to the front of the airport, rebook my ticket through AtlasGlobal, because KLM takes no responsibility for the ticket it sold me. I don't know how long I will be stuck in Amsterdam but I know KLM is not going to help me.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

Was checking my flight details and it said flight was cancelled. They hadn’t even bothered to e-mail me to tell me. Rang company and got some ignorant, useless and incompetent person on other end, who actually told me blatant lies. DO NOT FLY WITH THESE PEOPLE. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

I purchased a two way ticket and the departure date had to be changed. They asked for money to change date then the whole ticket. I purchase a different ticket with a different company and KLM canceled my return flight as well because I canceled/missed my departure. THIS is UNACCEPTABLE. I am speechless! I will NOT use KLM even if they pay me to!

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

I booked a business class flight from Memphis TN to Lagos going through Amsterdam today Dec 26, 2018. Flight from Memphis to ATL went on smoothly. Issue started from ATL airport. My flight was originally meant to leave at about 8:25 pm today but because they overbooked people on this flight they downgraded me to economy class without my knowledge. I complained to the agent about my seat not being what I booked and paid for. They made me leave that airplane to sort out the issue all by myself. I spoke to one of the KLM agents and showed her my itinerary at the airport gate - who told me they were overbooked while another agent rebooked me on a business seat on another flight leaving tonight at 10:30pm after so much confusion and frustration.

I called the customer service number and the Lady was nice but on getting to the lady supervisor on the phone with a three way call, she was rude, insensitive, inhumane to my plight for help after I and my wife explained the situation to her. All she kept saying was my flight was not confirmed and she can not help me even after the gate KLM agent told me it was due to overbooked flight. She went on to say the flight the KLM airport agent gave me would not work because she can not see it on the computer and she refused to talk to the airport agent at any time to resolve the issue after explaining to her the need to...so they could discuss their findings on their individual KLM computers.

My question to KLM corporate is why do some KLM clients have to go through so much stress and why did they choose me to be downgraded, inconvenienced and embarrassed? I would have appreciated if someone explained to me honestly what was going on instead of some KLM staff especially the supervisor being so so so non-chalant about the situation. However, I would like to commend the last KLM customer service rep an ** man my wife spoke to tonight on the phone. He was empathetic and understanding.

I am really disappointed with the lady supervisor who did not make any attempt to understand the issue, not to talk about even resolving the issue. I am really disappointed with KLM as a whole and some agents do need to be retrained in dealing with issues at hand. I am praying for that supervisor for God to touch her heart to perform her job duties well to all the clients she comes in contact with both physically and on the phone. And I sincerely hope corporate will look into this matter and find ways to resolve issues like this and more. Overall, my experience today has been my teacher. I will seriously give it a deep thought before booking another flight on KLM for my future travels.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

KLM does not care about their customers. Their customer service is horrendous - they don't respond to complaints & will never go out of their way to help you. Their ticket conditions are not transparent when you book. Their website is also horrible, their miles are pretty much useless as rewards tickets are never available. As a former loyal customer I am DONE with KLM.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

KLM Flights to Germany - I will never book a flight with KLM Delta again for the following reasons. Flights were delayed and we almost missed two of our connecting flights. Food was the worst I have ever tasted on any flight I have taken overseas. Seating was poor and very uncomfortable for a 8 to 9 hour flight. Cleanliness was the best on the plane. Thank you.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

Because we wanted to marry in a different country than we live in, I needed to transport my wedding dress on the plane. We bought the flight tickets for us both 8 months before the wedding and immediately asked KLM customer service if we could transport the wedding dress with us on board (it couldn't be sent as a luggage, because it would be destroyed and it could go missing because we had to change planes on our way). Customer service answered that, “Yes, it's not a problem,” we just need to send the exact dimensions of the dress a few days before the flight. We sent this information 3 weeks before our flight - and then it turned out that... our request to take the dress has been denied because it was "too big".

Of course before NO ONE informed us that they would accept it just if it fits to a given sizes! Very upset and angry, we decided to buy an extra seat for the dress (which, because the flight was so already so close, turned out to be more expensive than the tickets for both of us together!!!) And then... our request was denied once more. The reason: the dress is TOO FRAGILE. They suggested we put it into the luggage. You see, it was TOO FRAGILE for onboard but apparently not too fragile to be sent with the luggage even though everyone knows how the airlines treat your luggage! Then we told them it's ridiculous and sent the request for buying the extra seat again... and again we were denied. This time they said that the dress is "too big" (even though it was smaller and much lighter than e.g. musical instruments, which KLM allows to transport!!!)

We have requested again and again have been denied that it's too big... and then we requested again, promising that we gonna bend it three times, so it will be smaller (which of course we were not going to do, because then the dress would be completely destroyed!) - and then finally we were allowed to buy our overpriced seat. Of course, when we were actually flying, the crew was surprised that we had been forced to buy an extra seat - because they were immediately offering us space in the storage closet, which we had requested at the very beginning! And of course no one was trying to force us to bend the dress and of course the dress fit the seat perfectly and wasn't disturbing anyone.

What I do not understand, is: what do the people who make such decisions at KLM have against weddings? Why did they force us to go through all that TOTALLY UNNECESSARY stress just before our wedding? When we had already enough to sorry about? The crews and the people from the customer service were really nice - why some stinking decision making clerk, hiding behind the firewall of the customer service, was trying to make our life so unnecessarily miserable? Really, KLM, you should rethink the attitude of some of your managers - who have no direct contact with the customers, yet are doing their best to make the experience as unpleasant as possible!!!

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

I flew from Faro Portugal via Amsterdam to OR Tambo SA on 10 September 2018. When I received my luggage at OR Tambo my bag had been mauled. Ripped open and contents stolen. I was on my way back from the CMAS Spearfishing World Championship event and had booked my sporting equipment luggage into "special/oversized/fragile" luggage. On the evening I reported the incident to Bid Air Services/Air France/KLM offices at the OR Tambo offices. They gave me a reference of ** and took pictures of my bag.

Since then I have reported the theft and contents stolen to the South African police service and received a case number **. Delivered my damaged bag to the KLM preferred bag repair company The Coachman and received an invoice **. I have logged the complaint to the KLM online service twice. I have messaged KLM Messenger Facebook service over 10 times with all the required documents. It has now been 4 weeks and I have still not heard back from KLM.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2018

We had flight from Moscow to JFK with connection in Amsterdam. On the way towards JFK my husband for unclear reasons was checked in only until Amsterdam. Due to late arrival in Amsterdam we had to run like crazy to get him checked in and make it possible that he flies with me on the same flight. Upon arrival in JFK our luggage did not arrive. We filed PIR. After 2 days we went to JFK to see if luggage is there (nobody called us with updates) and surprisingly saw our suitcases standing in the corner.

Upon flying out of JFK back to Moscow with connection in Amsterdam again, we had long connection - 11 hours and we wanted to get our luggage in Amsterdam and then check it in for next flight. That was not possible. Since our request was very complicated (to get our suitcases in Amsterdam) people at the counter called supervisor of KLM. Woman arrived, totally not there with her mind. She was typing something in computer (we thought she was trying to help us but she was doing other things), she could not understand what our request was and was telling us different amounts that we need to pay - from 400 USD to 2000 USD. Then she left.

When she came back in half an hour she informed us that we have only five minutes, we need to pay 2000 USD (400 was not there anymore after 30 minutes of her absence) otherwise we miss the flight and then we need to buy new tickets. This kind of treatment you don't get with any airline anywhere in the world. It felt like we were somewhere in shady place at some market, where people bargain. Eventually we were informed that we missed the flight because we could not make up our minds (totally not true!!!) and we had to pay to get to next flight which departed in 6 hours. This was awful experience. KLM supervisor at JFK is definitely in wrong place.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2018

My parents lost the flight connection in Amsterdam because the KLM care wheelchair services came 30 minutes late. I bought tickets together in KLM website, Lima-Stavanger. Peru- Norway... I bought the tickets and the time of connection was 50 minutes. I asked them if this is enough time for to achieve the connection flight and they said yes, they only need 39 minutes really. There were 20 persons waiting for the wheelchair services, my parents not only lost the flight, they were the last passenger to achieve the gate.

There were not compensation because this is not in the regulation law for complaint and compensation. Air Help didn't help in this case. Very dissatisfied and disappointed. They slept in a hotel, lost one day and take other flight, completely tired. They never gave them facilities for to call or for to write a e-mail. They paid for their water and fruit in the hotel, receptionist throw the bills. Bad service, bad coordinations, they lie about the time connection. They must never sell tickets with only 50 minutes connection, this must be minimum 2 hours between flight flights.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2018

My husband travel to Nigeria from Heathrow airport by stopping at Amsterdam then change flight to Nigeria. My husband went to wait in front of the gate number they wrote on his tickets, unfortunately he missed his flight and he went to talk to a KLM staff. The staff was telling my husband that it was his fault for missing his flight. He should have wait in the main board to see if the gate was changing, that the gate number that was written on his tickets can change anytime so he has to pay extra €150 and slept in the airport for the next day flight and we thought our nightmare is over.

On getting to Nigeria my husband has to wait a lot longer because one of his bag was missing. It turns out they left the other bag in Amsterdam, they told him to fill a form and they will call him when his bag arrive the next day but after waiting a few days nobody from KLM called him, the phone number they gave him nobody is picking up his calls so he wait back to the airport to find out about his bag and they told him to go back they will call him when they find the bag and is 3 weeks now the bag has not been found. My husband decided to send them message on WhatsApp then they replied him, find below my husband message and KLM reply.

(Thank you for the details. Our colleagues will double-check the status of your baggage and will update your PIR. You will be contacted if your baggage has been found). (We're back as promised. We have checked your file and see that there's still no new updates regarding your bag. We have updated your bag unique contents. Can you please confirm your length of stay on the aforementioned address? Furthermore, we advise you to fill in the Baggage Inventory and Claim Form via this link: http://klmf.ly/1vXvntX. Thank you for your patience so far).

(I am going back to Lagos on Saturday and will be leaving for the UK on Tuesday. It will be very sad if I return to the UK and the bag is nowhere to be found). (We regret to read about the inconvenience. We'll send a notification to our baggage team regarding the latest status of your delayed bag. We'll let you know right away as soon as we receive an update. Thanks for your patience and understanding for the meantime). My husband has not get his bag as at today's date 18th of August 2018.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

Our initial flight was Delta/KLM from Dallas to Moscow booked by Viking River Cruises. When we got to Amsterdam, we were told my husband was on the flight but not me. The gate agent called a KLM supervisor who took my boarding pass and said, "This is Delta, their reservations are rubbish, they never do things right." She then stepped to her computer and told me she had to call Delta. Quite a while went by with the flight boarding. I asked if I would get on the flight and she said she didn't know, that they couldn't guarantee anything with a Delta booking. She really talked badly about a business partner.

The plane boarded and I was allowed on just as the door closed. Very stressful. When we got to Moscow, my luggage was still in Amsterdam. We had to fill out Russian baggage claim and received luggage 24 hours later damaged so badly we trashed the suitcase. ***THIS WAS NOTHING COMPARED TO THE RETURN FLIGHT. Arrive Airport 3:30AM and were told by KLM check in we were not on flight. Attempts to check in showed flight online but denied check in which Viking said was usual. KLM ticket agent rude and said, "Wait for lady in charge." She appeared 35 min later with AIR FRANCE uniform. As she approached us, she said, "This is Delta booking, they are all bad, it happens all the time, I don't know what I can do for you, you are not on the flight." She looked at her computer screen and said, “Too bad, we were Delta.”

We asked her to contact Delta and she waved her cell phone in the air and said she could not contact Delta, the wait time was one hour and she wasn't going to do that, for us to contact Delta. We were now at boarding time. We asked her if she had an internal number to contact Delta since they are partnered airlines and she said, “No. Only regular customer number” (hard to believe). She kept looking at our booking and saying it wasn't in her system. We asked her to look at the Delta booking number and she was rude saying she didn't care what Delta said and that she had no access to Delta (partnered airlines?). In the middle of this, a Russian man walked up with a problem and she took his boarding pass and worked things out for him while we waited.

In the beginning, we asked if we could buy a ticket for just the St. Petersburg to Amsterdam segment which was missing to make connections with the two remaining Delta flights. She said she didn't know and she was still looking but could do nothing. Finally, fifteen minutes before flight time, she told us to just go buy a ticket. Of course, our chance for connection was gone. We were told from the beginning there was no Delta agent, ticket window or contact in the airport. She would not give us credit for the missed connection toward any purchase. She finally told us she was done, could not do anything for us, had other customers with problems, and walked away.

We could not reach Delta because of wait time and flight was now leaving. We were told the Viking customer service would not open for three more hours and Delta still had long wait time on international phone. We went online to try to book and tried four flights only to have them show no seats available after we put in information. All the flights were filling quickly. Our visas were expiring at midnight and we were seeing the chance to get booked narrowing as the flights filled.

We had told KLM agent about visa problem and she gave us four pages of forms to fill out, all in RUSSIAN. She said give to "Visa people". We asked where that was and she said she did not know. We were stranded, alarmed about our visa status and received no help. No offer to email Delta or ask their home office to do something. Because the remaining flights for the day were filling so rapidly and we were alarmed about the potential of being in Russia on an expired visa, we had to purchase $4700 tickets to get home. BEWARE OF KLM OR ANY DELTA/KLM TICKETING.

Original review: July 4, 2018

Flight from AMS to ORD - First off when flying from the states to AMS TSA took my TSA lock off my baggage and never put it back on leaving my hundreds of dollars in softball gear wide open. They even left my bag UNZIPPED for everything to have easily fallen out. On my way back to the states my baggage was lost and it has been over 3 days and I STILL HAVEN'T RECEIVED IT. Hello, other people have lives too & need their stuff. I am 100% dissatisfied with the customer service, I felt like they had no knowledge of why my one of my bags wasn’t with my other, where my bag even was, and when it would get back to me. Fly KLM if you want your bags lots & not returned in a timely manner!!

Original review: June 19, 2018

My husband and I were flying from Dublin to Amsterdam before the flight with KLM Royal Dutch Airlines. Unfortunately, that plane ended up taking off an hour later than expected (couldn't be avoided), and because of this, we missed our Delta KLM flight to Utah. We quickly went to the KLM desk in the airport, and were treated extremely disrespectfully by the customer service rep there. We told her that we understood that we weren't owed anything at all, but that we needed help as we were basically stranded in a foreign country with hardly any money and little idea what to do next (this was our first trip abroad).

She gave us an option to pay $4,000 for another flight, or to get lost. When we told her we didn't have that kind of money, she grabbed her manager, who told us "we're a business, not a charity. Good luck finding a way home." They went on to tell us that nobody in the building could help us at all. No refund for our wasted tickets, no getting us on another flight, and no sympathy especially. This cold response to our helpless situation was overwhelmingly harsh. It tainted our experience with Delta, and we will be avoiding them in the future. We're a reasonable pair of people, but the 100% lack of desire or even a spark of empathy to help us with our situation-- coming from people supposedly in customer service-- was very upsetting. This airline will turn on you with the slightest mishap, whether it's your fault or out of your control entirely.

Original review: June 15, 2018

I had an economy ticket (NOT economy flight) that allows me 1 luggage (from Montreal to Copenhagen). I was charged $75. But worse Mrs ** the lady that was in charged that day (June 14th) told me, "Pay or miss your flight..." She was very rude... not polite at all. I will never travel with KLM again because of her attitude.

Original review: May 2, 2018

Want the worst service in the world? Then KLM is for you! They spit on you and your comfort! I was poisoned during the flight! The stewardess was rude in response to my complaints and said that these are my problems, and if their food does not fit - eat at the airport before departure!

Original review: May 2, 2018

We had a major issue with KLM a month ago: their staff was operating the airport check-in for our TAROM - Spirit Românesc flight and they did not let us pass to the check-in counter (us with printed boarding passes in hand) stating that we were late since we should have been there 3 hours prior departure. We were there more than 60 minutes prior departure and TAROM rules state check-in closes 45 minutes prior departure. Were we tight? Yes. Were we late? ABSOLUTELY NOT. We complained to that KLM staff, who ignored us... and to other 3 KLM people who gave us answers like "we are KLM, not TAROM". We were forced to book another flight (with huge difficulty ‘cause they did not even want to help us with that).

After presenting a complaint through their website (We both wrote complaints to KLM and TAROM), they replied to me stating that, as per their records, we were late and therefore, we missed our own flight. I replied DEMANDING to see those records, because I am a billion percent sure we were not late and it was just that ONE KLM worker who decided not to let us in because... God knows what her reason could have been.

Their second response is ridiculously contradictory, as they state that: 1. They cannot really check anything. I quote them "we are unable to locate or find any specific information in our system concerning the exact check-in time". 2. They do not control those KLM workers handling the check-in of other airlines as they work for those other airlines (Remark: Their literal words to me were "we are KLM, not TAROM") 3. They repeated again "Based on the information we have, you were late and the crew was not able to check you in."

Of course I have demanded, ONCE AGAIN, what is THAT information they possess, that entitles them to state we were late. It was OUTRAGEOUS how we were treated, how we were taken out of our very right to go and drop our baggage and pass security control. Even there, in the middle of such bitter situation, up to 4 KLM staff had enough guts to tell us that the rules state we must be at the airport 3 hours prior departure to ensure "these things do not happen".

Sorry, crappy KLM, but NOPE. If an airline states check-in closes 45 minutes prior departure, then it is 45 minutes. Anything else is absolutely irrelevant (by the way, your airline states 40 minutes... just so you know). KLM is now "passing the hot potato" to TAROM, trying to convince us that this has nothing to do with them. Meanwhile TAROM told us (in person, at their office in Romania) that they are very surprised of such thing happening and they have no control over what KLM does while handling their flight's check-in. Meanwhile... I am still waiting to see ANY PIECE OF RECORD that sustains that my husband and I were late to our flight. It does not appear because GUESS WHAT, IT DOES NOT EXIST.

Original review: March 27, 2018

Felt I should write my experiences after reading these reviews... Granted, we always fly business class, so meals are slightly better (still not exactly delicious!) And flight attendants are generally the most experienced and knowledgeable. We have flown VAN-AMS approx 9 times in the past 7 years. Never an issue with boarding. We once did not receive 1 piece of luggage on the way back from AMS, they eventually located and delivered by hand to our house on Christmas Day, approx 1 week later. We were impressed.

My one complaint would be that they allow young children (under 5 years) into business class... On one occasion a child screamed (not just cried, SCREAMED) for the better part of the 10 hour flight. When she wasn’t crying, she was colouring and playing with dozens of toys in the aisle, making it impossible to walk to the bathroom. Finally the attendant had to deal with it (parents refused to deal with it). Flight staff went above & beyond to try and calm the child so the other passengers in the class could try to sleep. Even with ear plugs in under noise canceling headphones, the screaming was audible. I realize this is not an issue with the airline itself. My point is that they tried their best, and that young children should not be allowed in business class.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2018

On 17th-December-2017 I flew KLM from LHR to Amsterdam. From there I changed planes and flew KLM from Amsterdam to Entebbe Uganda. On arrival at Entebbe my luggage failed to arrive. I completed a Property Irregularity Report which took over four (4) hours as they are so disorganised in Entebbe. Some 57 days later I still have not received my luggage. On 08th-January-2018 I telephoned KLM's head office in the Netherlands and spoke to Ms. Inge ** the Secretary to Boet Kreiken Executive Vice President Customer Experience and explained my abysmal Customer Experience. KLM have done absolutely nothing to find my luggage or to compensate me for my loss and huge inconvenience.

I warned them that if they did not resolve my claim I would issue proceedings against them in the U.K. in the County Court which I will do this week. KLM "Customer Experience" is absolutely non-existent. They need to check out Emirates or Singapore Airlines to learn about looking after passengers. I will never ever fly with KLM again.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2018

I had a very bad experience with KLM. I traveled from Milan to Amsterdam to connect my flight to Denmark. The flight was more than an hour late with no reason and I missed my flight. Or I could have made it but they rebooked me before I got into the terminal where the gate to my connecting flight had closed 2 min prior. Why couldn’t they hold the flight for 2 min when it’s the same company? Now I’m stranded in Amsterdam for 6 hours, missed my sister's 40th birthday tonight. I’m just so disappointed in every way by this company. After looking around online, this company gets bad reviews everywhere. I strongly recommend not to ever book a flight with this company.

KLM Company Information