2. Travel
  3. Airlines

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.51/5

KLM Reviews

Original review: June 14, 2020

I'm from the U.S. I had booked airlines, connection airlines, cruise and hotels for my cruise departing from Amsterdam. Due to covid19, everything got canceled. Out of all the services I had make to change/cancel ONLY KLM was the ONLY one I wasn't able to reach a live person to resolve the issue. First, I tried to call their 1-800 number since I made the reservation online and from the U.S. After waiting for nearly an hour, I was told to contact their local office in London if I want to cancel my flight. How was it their KLM representative couldn't resolve my issue? International call when there was no guarantee anyone would be physically working in the office to answer the phone calls is ill-advised.

I tried emailing and messaging via what's app. No actual response besides their automated replies. My original flight times kept changing on multiple occasions on their end with disregard if that time would work for me, especially when my tickets were round trip and involving connections. One of the round trip got canceled and was offered to canceled. I submitted the form. Days later I received a new round trip ticket with different flight time. Unbelievable. This was my first time booking with klm and would be my last. Do not fly with klm. When an issue arises, you will have no help from from the airline. They hold on to your money like a leech.

Original review: June 9, 2020

On June 4, 2020 I flew from Lisbon to Amsterdam and then on to Toronto. On each flight, the seats were packed with no regard to social distancing. One flight attendant told me that IATA had approved this, according to her Captain. Also, in each check-in gate area, KLM staff were telling everyone to answer “No” on their Covid 19 Declaration if they wanted to fly that day. Moreover, no passenger temperature checks were conducted. What a Mickey Mouse airline!

Get buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 7, 2020

It happened on 07Jun20. We had confirmed booking and successfully checked in (online). When arrived at Frankfurt Airport the KLM counter/officer declined to fly us and told us that "their system" rejected the booking due to the booking is with transit in Singapore. This is in contrary with with Changi Airport's email confirmation dated 06Jun20 that starting 02Jun20 Changi is open for transit. When we asked the KLM officer to check with Changi, she keep saying that KLM she just follows KLM system. Not at all helpful and trying to find a practical solution. Will never ever fly KLM.... ever.

Original review: June 1, 2020

We booked several flights for a family vacation this summer on different airlines. We Cancelled because of COVID-19. KML was the ONLY airline to charge for cancellation! Punishment for having booked using frequent flyer miles I was told. Amazingly insensitive. Never again.

Original review: May 26, 2020

We had a flight June 14th to Scotland that KLM cancelled. I called them and they said I would see a refund back to my credit card in 4 to 5 weeks. After 5 weeks I called again and was told that they were running behind and it would be another 3 to 5 weeks. This is terrible customer service. I would not book a flight with them in the future with this kind of customer service.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about KLM?

Original review: May 17, 2020

Denying me my legally entitled refund KLM send me a voucher. In both writing, speaking on the telephone and on their web page they guarantee that the voucher is refundable after 12 months. Upon mine is written NONREFUNDABLE.. Twice I have called KLM about this matter. Both times support workers reassure me, that the voucher IS refundable, but refuses to send a voucher that will say refundable. No plausible reason given.. Sadly I suspect KLM to also scam their way out of refunding vouchers, when time comes.

Original review: March 29, 2020

I booked two tickets to Italy last December for this coming September. With the coronavirus, I've moved my trip back a year, wanted to move my tickets back and I'm unable to get into my account, it refuses to recognize me. I asked for a reset and noting, just form letters telling me to rebook myself. I really want to cancel, I don't want to fly with them now. If I'd have known they weren't giving refunds, I'd never have booked in the first place.

Original review: March 21, 2020

KLM has stepped up their hospitality with flights from the USA to Europe. I want to especially give a shoutout to their food. The quality, taste, and presentation are second to none and is truly of the best food services in global travel.

Original review: March 11, 2020

My access to a flight I paid (transatlanic flight for 1100€) was cancelled without decent reason or informing me (and of course without a refund). The day before the flight KLM even accepted an additional piece of luggage for 85€ for the flight they knew I wasn't allowed to take. KLM is now on my black list. Nobody of my family will ever again fly KLM. I will even pay my family members the price difference if KLM has the cheapest offer on a European flight.

Original review: March 5, 2020

My experience with KLM is horrible from a Dirty plane to a horrible customer service. They Charged me $60 for baggage on the international flight and blamed CheapOAir for not explaining that to me. Ticket was purchased for a family friend coming from Riga to Los Angeles for one month. When she came from Riga to LAX she was not charged but coming back they charged with rude service. She said the plane was dirty, food was horrible, plane is old half cargo, service in the plane was horrible. My suggestion - pay few dollars more and stay away as far as you can from KLM and Air France. They are one company. Also not only they charged for baggage it did not come both times when she came to LAX. It took few days to deliver and when coming back to Latvia she also had to wait few days for baggage. Disgusting European Company.

KLM Company Information