2. Travel
  3. Airlines

3.8/5 (309 ratings)

About KLM

KLM Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about KLM?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about KLM?

Original review: Oct. 8, 2021

I was meant to fly to Canada but the flights had to be changed due to Covid. I was issued a voucher of 350 EUR for the flight I was no longer taking. I requested the cash option since I live in Canada and there is not much service in Canada. I called and discussed this with them, asking how to get the cash refund, and where it would be sent. The agent told me to send an email to them with the information about the bank account where it should be sent.

However, against my consent, the agent on the phone submitted the refund request during the call, and by the time I submitted my details via email (within 4 hours), they sent the money to an old bank where I no longer had an account. The bank rejected the incoming money since the account doesn't exist but KLM refused to re-issue either the voucher or the payment. As such, they stole 350 EUR from me since it was returned to their accounts but they won't give it to me, and I will never fly KLM again.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2021

KLM without providing upfront information, denied me boarding pass, I have ticket from Moscow to Minneapolis with connection in Amsterdam (I'm Canadian citizen). On front desk Mr. Marasov ** - manager, was asking me to provide me info that I'm son of my parents citizen of USA. I shown him my birth certificate, he said that it is not enough, I must provide copies of parents' US passports, I did, then he asked me about my father naturalisation certificate, I did. Anyway they are refused my boarding, this is discrimination!!! They gave boarding passes to other people in the same situation. I'm retired person with disabilities, so instead of help, I received degrading experience. And my mother she is 89 has no chance to see her son last time.

I'm going to ask you why keep this totally unprofessional people in your company? I was without sleep for 20 hours, 8 hours in Airport, no boarding, I paid for taxi 2200 rubles and PCR test 2850 rubles, also accommodation 10 000 rubles. I need refund or flight reschedule. In all this situation, responsibility totally on KLM. This is weird situation created by your staff. Sorry but you must pay my expenses. As I was reading on internet, KLM never pay for their mistakes and never apologises. In the future I'm not going to fly KLM. Miserable people and fraudulent, corrupted company. If you want to stay away of trouble do not fly KLM. Sincerely, Iouri **

Get buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2021

Yearly, I fly to Europe in the summer. I live in North America and use Delta as my connecting carrier. This year I invested in a Flying Blue awards account and a KLM credit card with the intention of using it towards my European flights. Not too long ago 65,000-100,000 bought you a seat overseas. No longer. When I went to book my flight with KLM I was offered only a choice of business or economy, nothing in between. With Delta one can specifically pick Economy Comfort or whatever class they desire. Trusting that KLM was of the same mindset, I chose economy, trusting I could upgrade my seats. It turns out that unless one books through Delta, they are stuck with economy or main cabin seats!

Literally 20 hours on the phone later and uncountable hours on the internet, I came to the very sad conclusion that KLM does not talk to Delta! Yikes! I was cut off, had calls dropped after waiting 3.5 hours etc. Unbelievable! No one from KLM seemed to know how to upgrade my seats across board. After spending the best part of $200 USD for economy, main seat upgrades, I find myself less than excited about these flights. Please understand, this was a big deal where a dear friend and I were creating the trip of our dreams. Now we won’t even sit together much less fly together! It’s been an awful nightmare. Please understand that I am a seasoned tour guide who has flown to Europe yearly for well over 20 years. My suggestion: get rid of your Flying Blue and your KLM credit card and fly through alternate carriers unless you’re in the EU.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2021

Schiphol Airport uses an absolutely hare-brained method for their bag drop. Instead of queuing for your specific flight or airline, everyone gets to queue together in a single, gigantic queue whose waiting time far exceeds anything you can expect for the most popular rides at Disneyland. I arrived there at 8:30 from another KLM flight from Vienna but for some reason had to check in my luggage again for my 10:30 flight to South Africa. Which I missed because when I had still not reached the counter at 10:15 (dehydrated and close to fainting) I was told by a staff member that I was late. I then got to queue for an additional hour to get an alternative flight, and am presently spending 8 hours in Paris because there was no better connection.

Schipohl's bag drop makes no sense because it mixes people who are in a hurry with people who happen to be there early for their flight. The staff valiantly try to mitigate the chaos imposed by their incompetent superiors by pulling out people who look like they are going to a particular destination. So a group of men who were obviously going to Tel Aviv were taken to the front of the queue. Since I don't look African I did not benefit from their ethnic categorisation efforts even though my flight to South Africa was earlier. I strongly recommend that Schiphol revert to the tried and tested approach that all other airlines seem to use with great success. I fly a lot, and something as simple as dropping off a bag should not take longer than 15 minutes.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2021

KLM put me through a real ordeal earlier this August. I had booked a flight to visit my family in Canada a month before my travel date in August 12th 2021. I started to prepare all the necessary documentation required for my entry to Calgary, Canada. Closer to the date of my departure, I had yet to receive my approval from the IRCC Canada to be able to enter the country. Wondering if I should postpone my flight dates, I called the KLM helpline, they were unable to give me any information and informed me that only the airport would be able to give me accurate information as to whether I could fly or not. After being told that I could get a full refund if they do not allow me to board the flight due to the COVID restrictions, I would be able to get a full refund on my full purchased ticket. With this information, I packed my bags and headed to the airport with plenty of time to spare, in case anything were to go wrong.

Once at the KLM check-in desk, at the Dubai Airport, I handed all the documentation I had and the KLM representative started the process of printing the boarding passes. I interrupted him and mentioned that I did not have the approval from the IRCC which was stated as a requirement on their "travel doc" site. He assured me that I would not need it, I told him to please check for me to make sure, because I did not want to be stranded anywhere, he got up off his seat and proceeded to a team leader or a manager on duty and then assured me again that I would be able to fly and would not have any issues transiting through Amsterdam or entering Canada.

With this information, I was very relieved and informed him that I was not prepared to fly today as I thought that that would be a requirement, but just for the sake of trying I decided to get the information first hand at the airport. He then mentioned to me that there is not problem because I have all the other documentation which are important except for the approval which is fine. Long story short, once I arrived at my point of transit Amsterdam, they did not let me board the flight to Calgary, and informed me that I needed the IRCC approval to get on the plane. Completely distraught and disappointed, I took the next flight back to Dubai, leaving an hour later. That was how I spent my entire day, was lied to my a KLM representative who I put my trust in, and stuck on a plane for over 13 hours with over 5 hours of layover.

When I decided to take up the matter with KLM customer care, they admitted to their mistake but still refused to give me a full refund for my full ticket flight that was completely wasted. They are offering to give a refund on the 2 flight legs that were unused, that is from Amsterdam to Calgary and back to Amsterdam. However, not for the flight from Dubai to Calgary, which is a little absurd. They should provide the full refund given I ONLY flew to finally land in Calgary. I spent a total of AED 4,955 for the full flight which was not returned. I then had to spend a lot more money trying to book a last minute flight to Calgary with another airline once the approval came out. I have never been more annoyed and insulted with KLM's deceitful actions. I definitely would not recommend KLM to anyone, solely because of their customer care.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2021

I booked a flight through KLM on Saturday 8/14/21 for Sunday 8/15:21 from Dubrovnik to Boston with a layover in Amsterdam after we missed a previous flight while stranded on a bus from Split to Dubrovnik for 7 hours. After we bought the ticket from KLM. We got a reference #. We called several times to get the itineraries but no one answered. We arrived to the airport at 10:30 am waiting in line for 1 hour to check in. The ticket agent checked me in first. She had a trouble printing my ticket from Amsterdam to Boston. She checked my bag. Then she get to my daughter. She said she could not find any of our tickets after we got charged for both of our luggages and tickets. Not sure what happened here.

If they overbooked, they could at least try to help but no they didn’t. When we called the customer service, we were told that was our fault as we didn’t called to get the itineraries. The customer was rude, yelled at us, didn’t attempt to accommodated us at all. I rated KLM 0/10 for their bad service and the poor treatment we received. We had to book another to fly to Paris and to Boston the next day.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2021

Wow! I consider myself a pretty easygoing person, but KLM took things to a whole new level- not in a good way. I'm from NY, and I have flown many times before. Both domestic, and international flights. Both during and prior to Covid-19. But I have never, and I mean NEVER, come across such disgusting service in my life. The flight attendants on other planes were always so gracious and kind. The flight attendants here, on the other hand, all seemed to be focused on one thing- their power. They looked like a puppy who found a fresh bone, when they were able to tell someone to pull their mask up. Even if that someone happened to be eating- or sleeping (are flight attendants allowed to wake you, if you fell asleep and your mask fell off???) And they did it all with such GLEE!! It was nauseating!!! So, please do yourself, and for those flying with you, a favor, and fly with another airline!!

Original review: Aug. 11, 2021

Had rating in the negatives been an option, I would totally go for it. I never came across a team as rude as KLM! I recently toured Europe with a group of girls, from the nicest the teenage world has ever seen. We were kicked off two planes FOR NO REASON AT ALL. Saddest of all was that when asking for a reason, every staff member had something else to say. They didn't even bother coming up with a common answer when planning their disgusting scheme. They take the safety measures and protection against Covid 19 and turn it into politics. They are Anti Semitic, and racists. They are not reasonable, they look for trouble. Not worth to travel with them. My dear friends, if you are looking to spare yourself heartache and agony, please find a different airline.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2021

KLM has an absolute false name out there. Being that I personally travelled with them, I thought highly of this airline. That is, until I actually flew with them. I can attest 100 percent that they have shown 0 respect to fellow passengers. The language they used was disgusting!!! From the moment I stepped foot, I was afraid! HONESTLY, AFRAID. They are out to be rude, collect green dollars, and kick passengers off flights. FOR NO GOOD REASON...Basing it on not complying and obeying to the flight rules. Well, when someone finds pleasure in doing misdeeds, they'll seek pleasure at all times. And then, they will suffer! I am begging all of you, if you are booking a trip or need to fly overseas, DO NOT FLY WITH KLM! I am horrified that in this civilized era, innocent passengers need to go through such trauma!!!! I will say it again: NEVER FLY KLM. YOU WILL REGRET IT!

Original review: Aug. 11, 2021

HORROR OF HORRORS. This is by far the worst airline experience I ever had to survive- and believe me, surviving on this flight was TOUGH STUFF. The flight attendant's attitude was BEYOND disgusting and this whole airline reeked of NEGATIVITY and bad service. If I could give this place -0 stars I definitely would. I have recommended all my colleagues and acquaintances and basically whoever I could reach out to NOT TO FLY THIS AIRLINE. They are out to get your money and to kick you off the flight to save legroom for others. Do not fly this place unless you are a dinosaur who enjoys being tortured for 12 hours by scary flight attendants.

KLM Company Information