1.28/5
Based on 112 reviews that contain star ratings

146 KLM Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

I flew from Faro Portugal via Amsterdam to OR Tambo SA on 10 September 2018. When I received my luggage at OR Tambo my bag had been mauled. Ripped open and contents stolen. I was on my way back from the CMAS Spearfishing World Championship event and had booked my sporting equipment luggage into "special/oversized/fragile" luggage. On the evening I reported the incident to Bid Air Services/Air France/KLM offices at the OR Tambo offices. They gave me a reference of ** and took pictures of my bag.

Since then I have reported the theft and contents stolen to the South African police service and received a case number **. Delivered my damaged bag to the KLM preferred bag repair company The Coachman and received an invoice **. I have logged the complaint to the KLM online service twice. I have messaged KLM Messenger Facebook service over 10 times with all the required documents. It has now been 4 weeks and I have still not heard back from KLM.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2018

We had flight from Moscow to JFK with connection in Amsterdam. On the way towards JFK my husband for unclear reasons was checked in only until Amsterdam. Due to late arrival in Amsterdam we had to run like crazy to get him checked in and make it possible that he flies with me on the same flight. Upon arrival in JFK our luggage did not arrive. We filed PIR. After 2 days we went to JFK to see if luggage is there (nobody called us with updates) and surprisingly saw our suitcases standing in the corner.

Upon flying out of JFK back to Moscow with connection in Amsterdam again, we had long connection - 11 hours and we wanted to get our luggage in Amsterdam and then check it in for next flight. That was not possible. Since our request was very complicated (to get our suitcases in Amsterdam) people at the counter called supervisor of KLM. Woman arrived, totally not there with her mind. She was typing something in computer (we thought she was trying to help us but she was doing other things), she could not understand what our request was and was telling us different amounts that we need to pay - from 400 USD to 2000 USD. Then she left.

When she came back in half an hour she informed us that we have only five minutes, we need to pay 2000 USD (400 was not there anymore after 30 minutes of her absence) otherwise we miss the flight and then we need to buy new tickets. This kind of treatment you don't get with any airline anywhere in the world. It felt like we were somewhere in shady place at some market, where people bargain. Eventually we were informed that we missed the flight because we could not make up our minds (totally not true!!!) and we had to pay to get to next flight which departed in 6 hours. This was awful experience. KLM supervisor at JFK is definitely in wrong place.

Get expert buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2018

My parents lost the flight connection in Amsterdam because the KLM care wheelchair services came 30 minutes late. I bought tickets together in KLM website, Lima-Stavanger. Peru- Norway... I bought the tickets and the time of connection was 50 minutes. I asked them if this is enough time for to achieve the connection flight and they said yes, they only need 39 minutes really. There were 20 persons waiting for the wheelchair services, my parents not only lost the flight, they were the last passenger to achieve the gate.

There were not compensation because this is not in the regulation law for complaint and compensation. Air Help didn't help in this case. Very dissatisfied and disappointed. They slept in a hotel, lost one day and take other flight, completely tired. They never gave them facilities for to call or for to write a e-mail. They paid for their water and fruit in the hotel, receptionist throw the bills. Bad service, bad coordinations, they lie about the time connection. They must never sell tickets with only 50 minutes connection, this must be minimum 2 hours between flight flights.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2018

My husband travel to Nigeria from Heathrow airport by stopping at Amsterdam then change flight to Nigeria. My husband went to wait in front of the gate number they wrote on his tickets, unfortunately he missed his flight and he went to talk to a KLM staff. The staff was telling my husband that it was his fault for missing his flight. He should have wait in the main board to see if the gate was changing, that the gate number that was written on his tickets can change anytime so he has to pay extra €150 and slept in the airport for the next day flight and we thought our nightmare is over.

On getting to Nigeria my husband has to wait a lot longer because one of his bag was missing. It turns out they left the other bag in Amsterdam, they told him to fill a form and they will call him when his bag arrive the next day but after waiting a few days nobody from KLM called him, the phone number they gave him nobody is picking up his calls so he wait back to the airport to find out about his bag and they told him to go back they will call him when they find the bag and is 3 weeks now the bag has not been found. My husband decided to send them message on WhatsApp then they replied him, find below my husband message and KLM reply.

(Thank you for the details. Our colleagues will double-check the status of your baggage and will update your PIR. You will be contacted if your baggage has been found). (We're back as promised. We have checked your file and see that there's still no new updates regarding your bag. We have updated your bag unique contents. Can you please confirm your length of stay on the aforementioned address? Furthermore, we advise you to fill in the Baggage Inventory and Claim Form via this link: http://klmf.ly/1vXvntX. Thank you for your patience so far).

(I am going back to Lagos on Saturday and will be leaving for the UK on Tuesday. It will be very sad if I return to the UK and the bag is nowhere to be found). (We regret to read about the inconvenience. We'll send a notification to our baggage team regarding the latest status of your delayed bag. We'll let you know right away as soon as we receive an update. Thanks for your patience and understanding for the meantime). My husband has not get his bag as at today's date 18th of August 2018.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

Our initial flight was Delta/KLM from Dallas to Moscow booked by Viking River Cruises. When we got to Amsterdam, we were told my husband was on the flight but not me. The gate agent called a KLM supervisor who took my boarding pass and said, "This is Delta, their reservations are rubbish, they never do things right." She then stepped to her computer and told me she had to call Delta. Quite a while went by with the flight boarding. I asked if I would get on the flight and she said she didn't know, that they couldn't guarantee anything with a Delta booking. She really talked badly about a business partner.

The plane boarded and I was allowed on just as the door closed. Very stressful. When we got to Moscow, my luggage was still in Amsterdam. We had to fill out Russian baggage claim and received luggage 24 hours later damaged so badly we trashed the suitcase. ***THIS WAS NOTHING COMPARED TO THE RETURN FLIGHT. Arrive Airport 3:30AM and were told by KLM check in we were not on flight. Attempts to check in showed flight online but denied check in which Viking said was usual. KLM ticket agent rude and said, "Wait for lady in charge." She appeared 35 min later with AIR FRANCE uniform. As she approached us, she said, "This is Delta booking, they are all bad, it happens all the time, I don't know what I can do for you, you are not on the flight." She looked at her computer screen and said, “Too bad, we were Delta.”

We asked her to contact Delta and she waved her cell phone in the air and said she could not contact Delta, the wait time was one hour and she wasn't going to do that, for us to contact Delta. We were now at boarding time. We asked her if she had an internal number to contact Delta since they are partnered airlines and she said, “No. Only regular customer number” (hard to believe). She kept looking at our booking and saying it wasn't in her system. We asked her to look at the Delta booking number and she was rude saying she didn't care what Delta said and that she had no access to Delta (partnered airlines?). In the middle of this, a Russian man walked up with a problem and she took his boarding pass and worked things out for him while we waited.

In the beginning, we asked if we could buy a ticket for just the St. Petersburg to Amsterdam segment which was missing to make connections with the two remaining Delta flights. She said she didn't know and she was still looking but could do nothing. Finally, fifteen minutes before flight time, she told us to just go buy a ticket. Of course, our chance for connection was gone. We were told from the beginning there was no Delta agent, ticket window or contact in the airport. She would not give us credit for the missed connection toward any purchase. She finally told us she was done, could not do anything for us, had other customers with problems, and walked away.

We could not reach Delta because of wait time and flight was now leaving. We were told the Viking customer service would not open for three more hours and Delta still had long wait time on international phone. We went online to try to book and tried four flights only to have them show no seats available after we put in information. All the flights were filling quickly. Our visas were expiring at midnight and we were seeing the chance to get booked narrowing as the flights filled.

We had told KLM agent about visa problem and she gave us four pages of forms to fill out, all in RUSSIAN. She said give to "Visa people". We asked where that was and she said she did not know. We were stranded, alarmed about our visa status and received no help. No offer to email Delta or ask their home office to do something. Because the remaining flights for the day were filling so rapidly and we were alarmed about the potential of being in Russia on an expired visa, we had to purchase $4700 tickets to get home. BEWARE OF KLM OR ANY DELTA/KLM TICKETING.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about KLM?

Original review: July 4, 2018

Flight from AMS to ORD - First off when flying from the states to AMS TSA took my TSA lock off my baggage and never put it back on leaving my hundreds of dollars in softball gear wide open. They even left my bag UNZIPPED for everything to have easily fallen out. On my way back to the states my baggage was lost and it has been over 3 days and I STILL HAVEN'T RECEIVED IT. Hello, other people have lives too & need their stuff. I am 100% dissatisfied with the customer service, I felt like they had no knowledge of why my one of my bags wasn’t with my other, where my bag even was, and when it would get back to me. Fly KLM if you want your bags lots & not returned in a timely manner!!

Original review: June 19, 2018

My husband and I were flying from Dublin to Amsterdam before the flight with KLM Royal Dutch Airlines. Unfortunately, that plane ended up taking off an hour later than expected (couldn't be avoided), and because of this, we missed our Delta KLM flight to Utah. We quickly went to the KLM desk in the airport, and were treated extremely disrespectfully by the customer service rep there. We told her that we understood that we weren't owed anything at all, but that we needed help as we were basically stranded in a foreign country with hardly any money and little idea what to do next (this was our first trip abroad).

She gave us an option to pay $4,000 for another flight, or to get lost. When we told her we didn't have that kind of money, she grabbed her manager, who told us "we're a business, not a charity. Good luck finding a way home." They went on to tell us that nobody in the building could help us at all. No refund for our wasted tickets, no getting us on another flight, and no sympathy especially. This cold response to our helpless situation was overwhelmingly harsh. It tainted our experience with Delta, and we will be avoiding them in the future. We're a reasonable pair of people, but the 100% lack of desire or even a spark of empathy to help us with our situation-- coming from people supposedly in customer service-- was very upsetting. This airline will turn on you with the slightest mishap, whether it's your fault or out of your control entirely.

Original review: June 15, 2018

I had an economy ticket (NOT economy flight) that allows me 1 luggage (from Montreal to Copenhagen). I was charged $75. But worse Mrs ** the lady that was in charged that day (June 14th) told me, "Pay or miss your flight..." She was very rude... not polite at all. I will never travel with KLM again because of her attitude.

Original review: May 2, 2018

Want the worst service in the world? Then KLM is for you! They spit on you and your comfort! I was poisoned during the flight! The stewardess was rude in response to my complaints and said that these are my problems, and if their food does not fit - eat at the airport before departure!

Original review: May 2, 2018

We had a major issue with KLM a month ago: their staff was operating the airport check-in for our TAROM - Spirit Românesc flight and they did not let us pass to the check-in counter (us with printed boarding passes in hand) stating that we were late since we should have been there 3 hours prior departure. We were there more than 60 minutes prior departure and TAROM rules state check-in closes 45 minutes prior departure. Were we tight? Yes. Were we late? ABSOLUTELY NOT. We complained to that KLM staff, who ignored us... and to other 3 KLM people who gave us answers like "we are KLM, not TAROM". We were forced to book another flight (with huge difficulty ‘cause they did not even want to help us with that).

After presenting a complaint through their website (We both wrote complaints to KLM and TAROM), they replied to me stating that, as per their records, we were late and therefore, we missed our own flight. I replied DEMANDING to see those records, because I am a billion percent sure we were not late and it was just that ONE KLM worker who decided not to let us in because... God knows what her reason could have been.

Their second response is ridiculously contradictory, as they state that: 1. They cannot really check anything. I quote them "we are unable to locate or find any specific information in our system concerning the exact check-in time". 2. They do not control those KLM workers handling the check-in of other airlines as they work for those other airlines (Remark: Their literal words to me were "we are KLM, not TAROM") 3. They repeated again "Based on the information we have, you were late and the crew was not able to check you in."

Of course I have demanded, ONCE AGAIN, what is THAT information they possess, that entitles them to state we were late. It was OUTRAGEOUS how we were treated, how we were taken out of our very right to go and drop our baggage and pass security control. Even there, in the middle of such bitter situation, up to 4 KLM staff had enough guts to tell us that the rules state we must be at the airport 3 hours prior departure to ensure "these things do not happen".

Sorry, crappy KLM, but NOPE. If an airline states check-in closes 45 minutes prior departure, then it is 45 minutes. Anything else is absolutely irrelevant (by the way, your airline states 40 minutes... just so you know). KLM is now "passing the hot potato" to TAROM, trying to convince us that this has nothing to do with them. Meanwhile TAROM told us (in person, at their office in Romania) that they are very surprised of such thing happening and they have no control over what KLM does while handling their flight's check-in. Meanwhile... I am still waiting to see ANY PIECE OF RECORD that sustains that my husband and I were late to our flight. It does not appear because GUESS WHAT, IT DOES NOT EXIST.

Original review: March 27, 2018

Felt I should write my experiences after reading these reviews... Granted, we always fly business class, so meals are slightly better (still not exactly delicious!) And flight attendants are generally the most experienced and knowledgeable. We have flown VAN-AMS approx 9 times in the past 7 years. Never an issue with boarding. We once did not receive 1 piece of luggage on the way back from AMS, they eventually located and delivered by hand to our house on Christmas Day, approx 1 week later. We were impressed.

My one complaint would be that they allow young children (under 5 years) into business class... On one occasion a child screamed (not just cried, SCREAMED) for the better part of the 10 hour flight. When she wasn’t crying, she was colouring and playing with dozens of toys in the aisle, making it impossible to walk to the bathroom. Finally the attendant had to deal with it (parents refused to deal with it). Flight staff went above & beyond to try and calm the child so the other passengers in the class could try to sleep. Even with ear plugs in under noise canceling headphones, the screaming was audible. I realize this is not an issue with the airline itself. My point is that they tried their best, and that young children should not be allowed in business class.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2018

On 17th-December-2017 I flew KLM from LHR to Amsterdam. From there I changed planes and flew KLM from Amsterdam to Entebbe Uganda. On arrival at Entebbe my luggage failed to arrive. I completed a Property Irregularity Report which took over four (4) hours as they are so disorganised in Entebbe. Some 57 days later I still have not received my luggage. On 08th-January-2018 I telephoned KLM's head office in the Netherlands and spoke to Ms. Inge ** the Secretary to Boet Kreiken Executive Vice President Customer Experience and explained my abysmal Customer Experience. KLM have done absolutely nothing to find my luggage or to compensate me for my loss and huge inconvenience.

I warned them that if they did not resolve my claim I would issue proceedings against them in the U.K. in the County Court which I will do this week. KLM "Customer Experience" is absolutely non-existent. They need to check out Emirates or Singapore Airlines to learn about looking after passengers. I will never ever fly with KLM again.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2018

I had a very bad experience with KLM. I traveled from Milan to Amsterdam to connect my flight to Denmark. The flight was more than an hour late with no reason and I missed my flight. Or I could have made it but they rebooked me before I got into the terminal where the gate to my connecting flight had closed 2 min prior. Why couldn’t they hold the flight for 2 min when it’s the same company? Now I’m stranded in Amsterdam for 6 hours, missed my sister's 40th birthday tonight. I’m just so disappointed in every way by this company. After looking around online, this company gets bad reviews everywhere. I strongly recommend not to ever book a flight with this company.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2018

This airline has become a nightmare. What is worse is that they are a bunch of gangsters who do not care about passenger safety. I had a 5 day old broken leg in Tehran Airport. I was in a boot the orthopedic surgeon had made for me. Not only I could not wear my boot to clear through the KLM gate, they forced me to give up my crutches and check them in. They then told me that I had to check in my boots too. I was left with no cast or boots and no crutches with a broken ankle bone. They told me they will prove a wheelchair, but the man at the airport told me to just walk to the gate. I was in excruciating pain and then their very rude and obnoxious gate crew at Tehran Airport made me check in my medical supplies I depended on.

It was even worse at Amsterdam. Their KLM desk is filled with untrained, rude and very unprofessional employees. They gave me a seat other than the comfort aisle seat that I had paid extra for and made me wait an hour for a wheelchair so I was about to miss my flight to Seattle. I walked about 12 gates to get to my gate on a broken ankle. When arrived at Seattle, I had a pain in my calf which turned out to be a clot as a result of my being unable to move while seated. This is because they took my crutches and my boot so I could not move once seated and I could not raise my leg that was broken. When I asked them to the price of an upgrade to business, the horrible employee (the older Filipino female at the KLM counter in Amsterdam) told me the upgrade for one way would cost me $6000.00! Unbelievable and a lie and the business class was nearly empty!

These vultures should not be sitting at the desk and pretend they are helping customers. They belong to a penitentiary not an airline. I complained, but the disgusting airline never apologized or responded. I am now taking blood thinners because of KLM's negligence and my leg fracture became a displaced fracture because of all the walking they made me do. These people took medically necessary devices from me. Lawsuit material. Please write your experiences and send complaints to FAA and Delta so they are aware who they are partnering with.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2017

I flew from Kiev to Amsterdam on 30th December 2017. The amount I paid is the cost of a ticket I fly to Bali roundtrip from Istanbul. I travel 8 months of the year. When I came to the airport they asked for an extra 48$ for the luggage. This is not a good way to screw your customers. You have a lot of employees they should find a better way to do it so that it doesn’t hurt the customer. I will tell all my friends about this experience and never fly with KLM of course.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2017

KLM representatives at Mumbai airport redirecting passengers to book at own cost - This is for flight on 9 Dec 2017 from Amsterdam to Mumbai. Flight was delayed and several families like us missed the flight. The Mumbai airport KLM representative led by Rahul, asked many of us to book through Akbar Travels saying they are unable to book directly. They assured us tickets will be reimbursed. On filing KLM customer service says they cannot reimburse. How is it that your company's representative can ask us to book through other agents, even escorting us to the booking counter, and KLM can now absolve itself of its responsibility to compensate for this?

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

I had a flight with KLM in July 2017, where they lost my bag. I received my bag about 2 months after my trip ended, thus I spent the whole trip without my luggage. KLM asked for copies of receipts for compensation which I promptly provided. Some days later I received an email from them stating that since I 'could not provide any receipts' (which I did), they would offer me a courtesy amount of $800. I then emailed them back several times asking what was going on, as the amount shown on the receipts was well into the thousands.

Several weeks later, after several calls, emails and Facebook messages I finally got a reply stating that they had closed my case (without notifying me) which is why my emails were apparently not being received by them. They said they would now transfer a further $446 (still very short of the total amount I'm entitled to), as they "do not compensate online orders", even though I submitted receipts for these orders which showed the item, the price and the day they were purchased.

This email promising $446 was on the 17th of August 2017 and told me I had to wait up to 4 weeks for the money to appear in my bank account. It is now the 1st of December 2017 and they have not transferred the money. Even worse, they havent replied to a single email, and have blocked my polite Facebook messages asking for an explanation.

I then called customer service again, and they told me I had to wait 10 days for a follow up email with a new case number because they had (AGAIN) closed my case without notifying or consulting me. I waited 16 days, and lo and behold no email. Today I called again to report that there had been no email after the 10 days (10 days is a ridiculous amount of time to be expected to wait for an email anyway, especially when you've been waiting 106 days since they promised you the money). I told them that this was unacceptable and now I've been told they will call me back on Monday with an update, though I highly doubt they will with their track record. As this is completely illegal and unethical I am getting fair trading involved.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

Our KLM flight was cancelled from Southampton to Amsterdam so we missed our connection to Abu Dhabi. We were offered a flight the following morning from Heathrow. I have been trying to get our expenses back from KLM. Their web site is very poor but I have managed to send our receipts and just get a reply that they are very busy!! I think a week is too long before getting a response. I feel as though they will not respond and it will cost me over £150 for their cancellation. I have found out KLM cancelled flights from Amsterdam on 5th October due to strong winds. However, the airport was not closed and some flights arrived on time or with some delay. Hence KLM will try not to pay EU compensation by saying the weather was too bad. The fact was that one runway was closed for some of that day and flights were encountering ATC delays.

This is the first flight I have taken for ages that was cancelled. It throw travel plans awry. You then realise that airlines are good when things are normal but not so good when things go wrong. The only good thing was that our luggage arrived OK, I do know that KLM have an appalling record with lost baggage dating back to when my wife worked for them in the 1990's.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2017

I will never, ever fly KLM again. Their aircraft, baggage and airport security is dangerously substandard. Allegedly my two suitcases arrived in Amsterdam from Birmingham, but missed my onward connection to Sierra Leone (Freetown). This occurred on 21st September. Now, 3 days later, they have no idea where my two large and well-marked suitcases are, and neither do they care. No response from the airline (locally or via website) despite numerous attempts to contact them. Perhaps KLM consider it common practice to allow unaccompanied suitcases to vanish without trace. To me it raises serious concerns over this airline's (lack of) flight and airport security procedures - dangerous in the extreme. Never mind the sheer depths of so-called Customer Service they sink to. In writing this, I'm hoping to bring this serious safety and customer care issues to the wider public domain as a warning against using this slipshod airline.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

KLM refuses to allow me to select my business class ticket until 30 hours before departure giving no reason for this. Economy passengers are allowed. I found this unacceptable as I require an aisle seat on doctor's orders and they be taken by the time I am allowed to select a seat. I live in Panama and KLM makes it very difficult to even book a seat here. They have one flight a day and it is important to be able to select your seat in advance.

Original review: July 21, 2017

We arrived on June 22 in Amsterdam from Bangkok (KL0876) to learn that, after a few hours of waiting and kept in the dark, our connecting flight from Amsterdam to Brussels (KL1733) was cancelled. This was obviously not the only flight cancelled. In fact, we gradually learned that most flights out of Amsterdam were cancelled that evening. We were advised to queue at one of the Transfer desks to get a hotel and other flight booked. Around 10.30 pm (after queueing with about 1000 other people) we were told that the desk would close at 11 pm, and that we should also try to rebook online. We would have to get accommodation organized ourselves, because most hotels were already fully booked by that time. Great service by KLM resulting in chaos at the airport, and another two-hour wait for a taxi! We were fortunate to being able to rebook another flight online for the next day (many people could not do so) and could book a hotel in Amstelveen.

Once in Belgium I tried to lodge a complaint online by logging in with my FF number and completing the form. The website refused the document after several attempts. So we were not given a 'dossiernummer'. I tried to call the service desk, again several times, but was put on hold indefinitely. On the return trip on July 16, I went to three different Transfer desks in Schiphol Airport to file a hardcopy of my complaints. Nobody was willing to accept this, arguing that it was not their job and Customer Service is independent from KLM (???. Therefore, we herewith file our complaints via email. We expect an answer and compensation.

Original review: July 19, 2017

On a flight connecting from Dublin to Amsterdam with the ultimate destination of Salt Lake City in the US, I was listed as standby from Amsterdam to SLC even though I had booked this flight months previously. It turned out that I did have an assigned seat, but the short layover and the confusion caused by KLM personnel on the ground misdirecting me (because of the STBY status) caused me to miss my flight. I had to stay the night in the airport at a cost of $125 US. I have appealed to KLM to make right on this and I have NOT HEARD A WORD!

I have plenty of documentation for the boarding pass mishap and the bill for the hotel. I forwarded all of this to them and I have not gotten even an acknowledgment of receipt of this claim. To be fair, on flight service was quite nice. It was the ground crew in Amsterdam and the IT component of this airline which is worth complaining about. My advice and a course of action I will pursue in the future, I will avoid KLM at all costs and pay a bit more for another airline. Delta, take note.

Original review: June 9, 2017

Nonsense delay on a domestic flight made me miss the big flight on connection in Paris. Luggage wasn't forwarded to alternative flight and additional connections even after they confirmed everything was ok. Got to destination next day and luggage was still in Paris!! WTF. Luggage only got to the destination 5 days later. I came back home shortly after that. Now CS that doesn't even take responsibility for any of this: "Oh it's someone else's fault." In fact it doesn't matter what query you ask them, they will always return the same robotic bla bla answer. It's a waste of time and patience. KLM was the first and last time for me.

Original review: June 6, 2017

We had a flight from Amsterdam to Salt Lake City. The boarding crew were extremely rude to us when we showed them an employee website with a listing that showed that were 11 business class seats left and we were number 4 and 5 on the list to get a seat on business class. They just said there is no room on business class and the system is wrong. We called Delta Airlines headquarters in Atlanta and they confirmed we should get seats. Well the KLM gate agents operating the Delta flight were letting on KLM employees before delta employees. Wow!!! Delta needs to do something about this!!

Original review: May 21, 2017

My flight from Amsterdam to Vancouver was cancelled. We had to get off the plane and wait in a long line for 5 hours to see our options for an alternative flight. It was lunch time but they only gave us water while we were standing there for 5 hours. Since the hotel in the airport was full, we were told to book hotel in the city and afterward airline will refund us. We still haven't received anything. Although they even didn't offer transfer to hotel from the airport.

The worst part was that somebody stole my bag pack with every important thing I had (laptop, Money and some piece of gold). It happened right before our next flight, I was so desperate and didn't know what to do. I asked KLM people who checked my ticket to help me to report to the police, but they not only did not help but also misinformed me. I had to leave it without reporting to the police. The food was disgusting and they had only one option. Every time we try to reach the customer service we have to stay online for a long time and they are not responsive at all.

Original review: May 2, 2017

KLM lost our luggage (2 suitcases). We were promised delivery the next day. One bag turned up after 2 days. The other was not found for 6 days. Eventually we went to Buenos Aires airport ourselves to collect the bag as they kept promising it would be delivered but it didn't arrive. We had to purchase some clothes to wear and had big worries about whether we would have to purchase replacement sleeping bag and other clothes and equipment before we left BA for good. We lost a day of sightseeing in BA because of chasing up our luggage.

After a 33 day tour of Patagonia in which we had limited and poor Internet access and a full program of sightseeing, and an Ecuador jungle trip where we had no Internet access, I submitted a claim for the clothes purchased, only to be told that I put the claim in too late. In talking about our problems with fellow travelers, I have come across other people who have had lost luggage with KLM (one couple in both flight directions) and not had a successful outcome with a claim. Their management of luggage is bad and their attitude to people affected by loss of luggage is bad. I will never fly with them again.

Original review: April 1, 2017

Well, they had very good service on board, but their customer service is the poorest I've got from an airline company, along with their sister company, Aeromexico. In December, I had bought a plane ticket for a trip from Oslo to Cancun with KLM. The ticket included two transits, one in Mexico City, one in Amsterdam. KLM gave me a ticket with Aeromexico for the flights between MXN and CUN.

My scheduled return date was February 22nd. Suddenly, I received an SMS four hours prior to my first flight informing me that my flight from Amsterdam to Oslo was canceled, due to a storm in Amsterdam. According to that SMS, they were working on finding a solution. Soon after this, received an email informing me that I could book another flight for free.

I clicked on the link, but couldn't get a ticket for free, the system was charging me for the ticket change as usual. Then, I tried many times to call them, but got no response. I sent them a msg about that on Facebook, but after 50 mins. I hadn't got any response and couldn't reach them on the phone either. This is the first part of my complaint.

Then, I rushed to Cancun Airport in the hope of changing my ticket there. I contacted Aeromexico, since my first flight was with them. They looked indifferent and impolite from the very beginning: they told me they didn't have access to the database of KLM and couldn't do anything for that. I ask if there was any representative of KLM in that airport, they said 'no'.The only thing the did for me was to call Delta, another sister company of KLM.

When the Delta employee who tried to help me asked for the flight number of my Aeromexico flight, I asked the employee of that company about it. She said in a rude way that she doesn't have access to my passenger information and that she couldn't help me. I told her many times in Spanish and English that I only need the flight number of the next Aeromexico flight to Mexico City. She kept on repeating that, although I was trying to make clear that she didn't need my passenger info to find that. At the same time, she wasn't working with anything else, she was playing games on her smartphone and listening to music.

In the end, I was threatened by another Aeromexico employee that he would call the police. I had to walk 30m and see the flight number myself. then, the Delta employee had hang up and I had to start over again rebooking my flight. The whole rebook took me over 45 mins in the end. This is the second part of my complaint: if KLM sells me a ticket with another air carrier, they needed to guarantee me that the other company would give the same service as KLM would give to me. This means full access to my passenger information, helpfulness and politeness.

My negative surprises don't stop there. When I would finally fly back to Oslo, on Feb 27th, got the same msg, that my passenger info wasn't available. After 10 mins, the employee finally found me. However, she gave me a new boarding pass with another seat than the one I had got the day before when I checked-in online. The new seat was much more uncomfortable for a big-sized man like me. Again: if KLM sells me a ticket with another air carrier, they needed to guarantee me that the other company would give the same service as KLM would give to me. This means full access to my passenger information, helpfulness and politeness.

Original review: March 31, 2017

My husband and I are very disappointed with this airline. Had we read the prior reviews we would have never booked with them to begin with. We had to cancel a flight and $500 in seat upgrades due to an accident my husband was in two days prior to our scheduled departure to Italy. They promised a refund for the flight and the seat upgrades less the $350 cancellation fee. They even gave us a confirmation number. We received the refund for the flight (-$350) but not the upgrades. Weeks later we called and they told us they don't refund seat upgrades. Gave them the confirmation number and names of people we spoke with and they said it means nothing. They are very disorganized and some of the people you will speak with are extremely rude. The company my husband works for constantly uses them but after this they may lose some business.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2017

I was flying from Amsterdam to Detroit on Delta. I arrived at the gate 15 minutes before departure time unfortunately the flight (apparently they close the door 20 min before departure). I was referred to KLM customer service for an alternative flight. At the KLM service desk, I was assigned to work with one of 5 female agents, all middle-aged and blonde with no name tags. The agent was verbally abusive from the get-go and repeatedly badgering me about why I was late to my flight adding that "You made the decision to be late, so you will have to purchase another ticket".

All I was asking in the most professional way to be was to be rebooked on another flight to the United States. She then went on a rant telling me the ticket shows that the boarding time was 12:00 and why did I not show up at 12:00 (3 times). Then she moved on to whether I went through Delta security, which I assured her I did. This didn't prevent her from asking the same question again. I refocused the discussion on my request for rebooking to the US. "Yes", she said, but since "You decided to be late, you will have to pay a whole new ticket". I expressed surprise because my ticket was unrestricted and asked if I could speak to a supervisor. "We have no supervisors" she said adding that I could reach KLM via the airline website. When I asked her for her name, she told me "At KLM, we don't give names. It's company policy".

With her continuously belligerent tone, I asked another agent sitting next to her if she could help me. Her answer was no because allegedly the first agent was the only one among the five who handled credit card transactions and asked me to move to another KLM help desk because "We can't help you here". I went to the other KLM help desk and it was a totally different attitude. Very friendly and helpful. When I requested the name of the agent on this unit to compliment her on her superb service, she was very reluctant to give it but did reluctantly so (initials R.B).

In a nutshell, KLM policy of not allowing employees to give their names - so I could file a complaint about someone's terrible customer service while complimenting the most professional Mrs. RB raises serious question about management's commitment to serving their customers. They may as well delete "customer service" from their ads and website. KUDOS Mrs. RB. Thumbs down KLM.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2017

I would like to express my disappointment/outrage for the way I was treated in the flight (Delta) DL 9438 Delhi - Amsterdam operated by KLM, Jan 30. I was not served food in the flight and when I asked the flight attendant, he told me my tray was not opened. Then I asked him twice for some water I needed for my medication. He never showed up. I then pressed the button to call the attendant, no one came to my seat for about 1 hour. I had to walk myself and get a glass of water. I will file discrimination charges against the airlines and promise never to fly KLM in my life.

KLM Company Information