3.9/5 (540 ratings)

About KLM

KLM Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about KLM?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about KLM?

Original review: Dec. 7, 2022

We used KLM for flights from Australia to Greece via Amsterdam return in June - July of 2022. Due to our KLM flight from Athens being delayed and the KLM flight from Amsterdam to Singapore being overbooked we were forced to stay in Amsterdam for three days waiting for another flight. KLM staff at the airport told us that the company would pay for our accommodation and expenses while in Amsterdam. Once we arrived home we submitted a claim. After six months with no reply KLM contacted me and falsely claimed that they should not have to honour our claim because they were not responsible for the flights that were delayed. They are now refusing to answer reply e-mails about this case. I will never fly KLM again and will do everything within my power to tell as many people as possible about this experience. KLM are the most administratively incompetent company I have ever dealt with, and I have dealt with some absolute morons in my time.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2022

We have had no assistance from Customer Service to resolve our issue. It is extremely difficult to get assistance from the call center (if calls are answered) and no one seems to be working on our request. We keep getting messages that our refund has been processed, but we have not received the full funds. We have also had no response to our compensation request.

My son booked a flight in March to travel to SA from the UK in June. The cost was £598.27. Due to a system error, the payment was not processed and he did not receive confirmation of the flight, so he assumed that the flight had not been processed. He booked a second flight at the same cost and received confirmation. The following day he realized that the first flight had been processed without a confirmation being sent. He had TWO flights and funds had been deducted for BOTH, so he cancelled the one. Again, due to a system error, a cancellation confirmation was not processing or coming through. So, he cancelled the second flight thinking that he still had the first. Three weeks before his flight to SA he decided to check out his flight on Flying Blue only to find that he had NO flights. BOTH had been cancelled.

After MUCH hassle he got hold of a consultant who informed him that he would have to rebook a flight from scratch. At this point, the flights were £1592.77 (TRIPLE the amount). That's what he had to fork out to get home and KLM just shrugged their shoulders. It is truly outrageous - due to KLM's system glitches, we had to carry the cost of £998.50. In rand that a huge sum and we have heard NOTHING from KLM in terms of compensation. Up to this point, they have fully refunded one of the flights. Only partially refunded the second flight that they cancelled in error and offered nothing in terms of compensation. This should not be allowed to happen.

Get buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2022

I have made a trip with my daughters from Turkey to Costa Rica. We started the trip from Erbil. When we were in Dubai Brasil has changed the Covid Rules and Brasil has demand all the passengers including children to be vaccinated. İn my country children below 18 are not vaccinated so they couldn't go on the trip and couldnt use the tickets. I had to sent them to Turkey from Dubai and I went on the trip. I had tickets from Ethiopian airlines, Avianca airlines and KLM. Ethiopian Airlines and Avianca has refunded the tickets although they weren't refundable because of the covid but KLM didn't refund them. Although I have applied the firm from website for several times they have told me that I have used one of the tickets so there is no covid problem about the tickets. And they told that the tickets were not refundable. I will be very pleased if you help me to solve this issue.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2022

We booked 5 tickets from SFO to AMS in KLM’s Premium Comfort for our family. Before our flight, we got downgraded to Economy though we paid 2x the price. KLM says due to aircraft availability, all SFO passengers starting Dec gets downgrades. That’s normal because Premium Class is equivalent to Economy in its status class and passengers should expect automatic downgrades. Had we known, we wouldn’t have paid 2x for the same economy tickets.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2022

Worst airline ever. My flight was delayed and missed my joining flight and had to wait over 24 hours to get join my next flight. You can see when a company is full of amateurs and I saw this on the get go. Never again in my life

Original review: June 5, 2022

I’m traveling with Delta / KLM with infant who is turning 2 by the return trip. The airline booked the ticket as infant for return trip without any issues. Now they realize the Infant has turned 2 and wants to charge 3 times the fare for mom. Is it ethical? That’s how you do business and treat families with children?

Original review: May 2, 2022

This is the worst airline I have ever travelled. These people are rude. Never help you for anything and their Schiphol airport is the worst airport with poor management and facilities. Highly recommend to avoid this airline and airport as much as you can.

Original review: April 11, 2022

They caused my daughter anaphylaxis by serving her nuts after we asked the stewardess twice (my husband and I asked when she served us, and then our daughter asked when she was served) if there were nuts in the meal she was serving. We even informed her that our daughter was deathly allergic to nuts. During the anaphylaxis reaction, the stewardess avoided us instead of trying to help or get help. Luckily, I had an Epipen and Benadryl which helped, but our daughter suffered the entire eight-hours flight. Before our flight, I tried to inform the airline online multiple times, but that part of their web site would not work, so I called multiple times prior to our flight, but was placed on hold for hours, never being able to speak with anyone. Needless to say, our family vacation was ruined. When we made it back home and made a complaint, KLM stated that they did nothing wrong as per the U.S. Department of Transportation and refused to do anything about the nightmare. They just didn't care. Don't let them make a victim of you!

Original review: March 25, 2022

I bought 2 tickets to Amsterdam in Jan. 2020 for a March flight. Covid hit & the flights canceled. They converted my tickets to vouchers. Dec 31, 2021 was the deadline to use the vouchers. I immediately booked a flight to London for April 16-23. First week of March while checking on my tickets, my flight has been rescheduled without consulting me or telling me of the said changes. I reached out to KLM via Messenger & phone. After over an hour on the phone, someone from customer service helped me & offered to refund me my money. I was assured that I would get my money back in 1-3 months. I also received an email of the said refund. A week after, I checked on the status of my refund. The website says my Booking Code has been canceled, and my refund can’t be verified. I was advised to reach out to my agency (which is KLM office) or call or message via Messenger or Twitter. What a scam!!!

Original review: March 9, 2022

Where do I start. So we had our flight cancelled and all sorted in less than few hours. Very happy. Our flight from Amsterdam to São Paulo just 110% customer Service. The food was amazing and just the cleaning of the toilets continuously, the smiles, happy, friendly, so good to the children on the flight and always making sure everyone was okay. My flight was the 21st of February originally but new rescheduled flight was 22nd which we were really happy with over the weather in Ireland. I could write an essay but just thank you to KLM. You are amazing and thank you so so much.

KLM Company Information