3.34/5

62 Funjet Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 17, 2019

I planned my destination wedding to Jamaica. Funjet has totally messed up my reservations and has yet to fix it or call the hotel to make our reservations right. They have yet to fix anything and here I am 4 days before I leave with no answers. I will never use them again.

Original review: May 2, 2019

I planned a trip through one of their travel agents and put down a deposit of nearly $1000, with travel insurance included. Within the week of me putting down the deposit, I ended up having car issues to where I needed the money refunded to me. After speaking with the agent, the agent told me the only thing I could get was flight vouchers so I disputed the charge with my bank. Funjet sent my bank documents that I NEVER even saw. The agent never sent this information to me and my signature was not on any of these documents, but my bank denied my dispute because Funjet has a policy where you cannot dispute any charges with your banking institution. Mind you, all of this is on paperwork I’ve never seen.

Now I’m behind on my rent, property manager threatening eviction, my lights are getting cut off, and I have negative -$1000 in my bank account. I reached out to the travelers insurance company they work with and they told me that even with the best plan, financial hardship (which is what they considered my engine going out on my car as) is not covered whatsoever and in return I can only get travel vouchers. I can’t even get a percentage of my money back. What is the point of travel vouchers when I can no longer afford to travel?! This is the first time I’ve ever used a travel agent and it was the absolute worst experience I’ve ever had in my life. It’s just caused me to become deeper in debt with no one who even wants to purchase my trip and pay the remaining balance. I would not recommend this company or any of its agents to anyone.

Get expert buying tips about Travel Agencies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 11, 2019

As of today, we've been home from Mexico for 2 weeks. We, along with all family members will NEVER use FUNJET again. I was giving them the benefit of the doubt hoping they'd at least send a card or something, but they havent. My husband and I went to Cancun for an anniversary vacation. The flight was fine. The guy scheduled to pick us up did fine as well. When we got to our resort the check in counter didnt have our reservation. They sent us downstairs (with all of our luggage) to talk to the Funjet rep. Come to find out Funjet lost our reservation.

The rep tried contacting someone with 3 different smart phones on hold with them. He emailed them with no response. We got there at 2 pm and at 8 30 we finally were asked to swipe our credit card for $500 to get a room for the night and they would give us a voucher when things got straightened out. We left our house at 3 am that day. We hadn't eaten since. Because we didnt have a bracelet for the resort we couldn't get food or water. When we finally got a room after sailing our card for $500 we walked (still have all our luggage) for NJ probably a half mile to our room.

The key they gave us wouldn't work. I sat in the hallway in a different country and cried while my husband went back again to get another key. They left me stranded in a different country and DIDNT CARE. Nobody from the hotel cared. Nobody from Funjet cared. The hotel told us if er didnt get the issue resolved before noon the next day they would charge our card again. We wasted a day and a half trying to get a hold of anyone from Funjet. Ruined our vacation and still nobody cares.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

We had a canceled flight due to a maintenance issue. Our group had people flying out of two states to meet up in Chicago and journey on to a trip to Mexico. Due to a flight cancellation, 3 of 4 people were not able to fly in until the next day. We book two rooms, two people per room, for 4 nights. Our travel agent contacted Funjet to move the reservations for our rooms over a day, so check out would be the 6th and not the 5th. We also paid for an extra night in ONE room, of which the one person who flew in alone stayed in. (And was joined by one of the three others around 1:45 AM the following morning). That extra night was paid for in person. The other 4 nights for both rooms were pre-paid.

When Funjet sent over the updated dates, they only had the rooms for 3 nights!!! It took over an hour to get checked in on that night because the email they sent the hotel had the wrong information. Then on our last day there, we were informed that the second room, the room that the other two checked into the following day was only booked 3 nights. The hotel clearly had all our information showing we paid for 4 nights in advance for both rooms, they had an email that stated the new check-in date was moved over a day. But Funjet was refusing to send an email stating the checkout date was moved over.

Our hotel (bless them for working so hard for us) kept explaining that we only used ONE room the first night and that the second room had only been used three nights. We paid for four nights, how freaking hard is that!?? We had the first room an extra night and we paid for that in person. They had no problem with that room. Funjet was trying to say that since one room had been checked in on the expected arrival date and a second person arrived in the early morning that we used two rooms. WE DID NOT, the second person went into the room that was already attended and our hotel repeatedly told them, no we only used one room the first night.

Let me tell you this was a nightmare! Our hotel was at the mercy of Funjet as they were a third party that was paying the hotel (with the money we already paid Funjet). Finally, after another at the hotel made numerous calls and was transfer 4 times, they sent over the email with the corrected check out date. NO company should be able to hold a person and their funds hostage like this. We were pulled off the beach on our last day of vacation (a vacation that started out as a travel nightmare) and had to argue with this company for something that was obvious, simple and should not have been an issue.

Basically, we moved our reservations over a day, check-in and check-out for both rooms. We paid for an extra day for one room, which we checked into the day before the new reservation date. ONE room, one day extra. Our hotel told them this. That should have been the end of it, they should have corrected their email and dates right away. They did not. They were rude, greedy and disorganized. They held us and our vacation hostage. Unacceptable. They also messed up our transportation reservations, but I won't even go there. I think the above is enough for anyone to stay away from using this company. I would also say, ask your travel agent if they use them and request they do not.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

We booked a vacation to Mexico with a travel agent that used a Funjet package. The resort recommended had mold in the rooms, closed pools and bars, and 3 of the 7 restaurants in our all inclusive package were closed. When we contacted them they said the resort would refund one night, but FunJet took no responsibility for not knowing their business.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Funjet?

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

I recently just booked a trip through FunJet and I have done so in the past as well. My last experience was far more enjoyable than this one. I recently booked a trip through the agency to Mexico... A few weeks later I was provided with a trip with my work who also booked through Funjet. To make a very long story short, Funjet told me that my deposit was gone and they had no control of it - they claimed the airline took it. Well after an hour on the phone with the airline agency, they told me that every penny included the air fee of $200 a person was returned to the agency. The airline was very nice and told me that they could not do anything because they refunded all of the money to Funjet.

So I got on the phone with Funjet and spoke to an individual who kept putting me on hold after asking him questions. He had no answers other than the fee you were charged was a fee charged by the Airline agency. I informed him and gave him specifics of what I had talked to the airline agency about and how they told me that the whole expense was reimbursed to Funjet. After getting out on hold for a third time, he came back onto the phone and told me that he cannot give me any answers without talking to the travel agent. Are you serious?! That just makes it more fishy! So now you are telling me (in hesitation) that you cannot answer my questions about MY MONEY without the travel agent? It seems very sleazy and I am very disappointed in this service.

This is someone's hard working money and I am wanting to know where the heck it is going because the airfare company does not have it but the agency is telling me they do but oh wait, we cannot talk any longer because my travel agent needs to speak for me? Something does not add up. I was going to recommend this company to more people - in fact I had two couples that were about to book for a trip in March and one in April but I cannot say I feel too confident in recommending anymore.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2018

We had booked a trip to Cabo San Lucas at Sandos Finisterra with American Airlines. Our flight was cancelled as the crew did not show up. We were delayed 1 day in Chicago. We called our agent and she contacted the resort regarding the delay. We had paid for an ocean view, but they put us in the marina/bay view, the Casita Deluxe, which the concierge said was upgraded. We felt it was not. The rep from Funjet said she was working with the Airline and Mark Travel of Milwaukee regarding refunds from AA, and also Sandos since Aug 3, and we still not have received anything. Sandos said they will not refund for the room. We would never stay at any of their resorts again. We are working with AA to get a refund. We feel that the insurance that you buy is useless. We will not book with Funjet/Mark Travel due to the delay with getting our refund. Mark Travel has had several complaints filed with the BBB.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

My family and I have planned a trip to Las Vegas and am using FunJet. I must say, they will never see our money again. Our flight was delayed several hours. But nobody had told us this information. We were supposed to leave at 2:30. Apparently the plane must under go maintenance, and we wouldn’t have an update until 3:30. We wouldn’t be leaving at that time, that’s just when we would receive the update. This is a major inconvenience to myself, and the rest of my family. The service hasn’t been any better. No apology’s, and nobody told us about anything. All of the flyers had to find out ourselves. To anybody reading this review, I highly suggest not flying with FunJet. Oh ya, we also haven’t gotten a refund.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

I booked a trip using Funjet and had seat assignment before I left for both departure and returning home. I got to the Honolulu airport and was informed by American Airlines my flight was cancelled the day I arrived and my seats were resold. I had paid in full before I left for my trip. I arrived at 1840 for a 2205 flight. I contacted Funjet's 24 hour customer assistance line. It was quite the headache, with much time on hold and him talking directly to American Airlines counter person and some unknown person he was talking to on his end. Initially, his solution was for me to sit at the airport for 2 days, no offer of hotel. I informed him I was not sitting at the airport for 2 days.

Next, he stated the earliest he could get me home was a delta flight the next day at 1645 pm arriving Milwaukee at 0805 am. This would mean sitting at the airport and missing work. He insisted this was the earliest he could get me home. As we were walking past the Delta counter we noticed they had a flight out that night and they had seats. We again contacted Funjet and after being on hold again he got us on that flight. This meant a 10 hour layover in Seattle, getting home to Milwaukee at 2305 and being at work at 0630 am the next day. I contacted my travel agent who had me write a letter to Funjet. they admitted this was their mistake and apologized and offered me $100 in travel credit. Are you kidding me!!! DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. Their mistake and my nightmare.

Original review: July 13, 2018

Recently used this company via my travel agent to book a 4-night stay in North Carolina. My agent did a fair job based upon what I saw booking alone. So, we decided to book. Only to find later that booking directly through the hotel would have saved over $100 for the stay. My travel agent tried to change this booking to no avail. She spoke with managers but no one budged. So I decided to contact Funjet directly. They restated that their cancellation rate is $50 per person (which includes my children). I understand being inconvenienced and having a cancellation rate, but how do you charge $50 per child??? That's ridiculous. They did not offer any alternative as well. Where is the customer service in that? I will not use this company again. I advise all to take time and book yourself. You may do much better than using a company like this.

Original review: July 6, 2018

My family and I recently went on a week long vacation to Cancun (Fiesta Americana Condesa). Funjet is a company that deals with and specializes with vacation bookings. I paid for an all inclusive vacation for 7 days and 2 of those days were not "all inclusive". Due Mexico's presidential elections, alcohol was banned for 2 days. A company who specializes in vacation bookings should be up to date with these type of issues and properly advise their client or the agent doing the booking. A lot of money was paid for a 7 day all inclusive and only got 5 days worth. I worked hard for the money spent and feel that Funjet really let me down.

Original review: June 13, 2018

We booked through Funjet in August 2017 for a destination wedding as a guest. I ended up not being able to travel due to high risk pregnancy reasons and submitted a doctor's note. Funjet told me the hotel refunded the money through them so when I'm ready I just need to book with them by March 31 2018. Contacted them in March and basically told me they never charged me. WRONG - I showed them my bank statement and basically they were like we don't know what to tell you and pretty much dodged our phone calls/emails. The agent's name is Howard ** (avoid this guy!) I'm basically out over 1K because they are unorganized and not helpful. So they basically got to keep the hotel refund and I am SOL.

Original review: June 12, 2018

Absolute garbage. Never use this site to book ANYWHERE. You will only get half of your money back because they claim you owe a airline fee and the only way to ever see that money again is to book with them again and possibly be able to use it towards a separate vacation. They don’t even guarantee you will be able to do that. The wait time is always an hour when you call to ask questions or when you need assistance.

So long story short they basically force you to book with them again if you even want the slightest chance of seeing the other half of your money. I hadn’t even confirmed my airline tickets on the Spirit Airlines app because I hadn’t paid in the vacation full yet and they claimed that as soon as you make a deposit, you are confirming the flight. Yet I never got my airline confirmation number to enter online? Hm. Anyways I suggest using Airbnb versus this junk. It’s so much cheaper to just do a flight and book a nice little house that costs 50 bucks per night. I wish I could give this place 0 stars.

Original review: April 2, 2018

I have had 2 trips booked with them. I purchased the insurance both times. The first we had to cancel and got all our money, except the insurance, back. We just got back a week ago from our 2nd vacation and I will definitely use the company again.

Original review: March 28, 2018

This company requires full payment 65 days prior to arrival - when you're better off booking directly with the hotel to pay the day of. SHE'S NOT ACCOMMODATING - very misleading and says she will assist with upgrades and does not follow through. I'm a bride getting married in Cabo this June - and my guests received better rates/room upgrades than what this site promised. DISPLEASED and wish I would have not gotten my family/friends involved to book.

Original review: June 28, 2017

Our trip to the Big Island was a dream come true! I've used Funjet for 3 trips, and I have been quite happy with my experience. The fact that you can make payments on your trip so you won't go into debt is just awesome! A trip from Ohio to Hawaii for 4 is quite pricey. We got a discount code on our trip, anytime flight information changed, as often happens, we were notified, and when we arrived, check in went smoothly. I'll be using them again next year to plan a trip to Maui. I'm hooked on Hawaii thanks to Funjet.

Original review: May 23, 2017

I booked a vacation through this company. I was offered insurance but I was told that the insurance was in case I could not make the trip (not if the airline cancelled). The trip was my best friend's wedding so I was certain I was going unless death took me from it, whereas I would not need a refund anyway. I showed up to the airport on time for my flight. My flight was cancelled. The airline rescheduled my flight out of another airport in New York (I'm in Maryland) which was then delayed until the next day.

After 2 days in the airport, while boarding the flight, in massive confusion, the Delta Airline sent me to the other side of the Dominican Republic. I had to then, find my way across the country with an old fashioned map because I had no cell phone service. It was dangerous and I was extremely frightened and angry. At any rate, I made it to Punta Cana which was my destination. I missed 2 days of my vacation. When it was time to leave, I waited for my shuttle service that I had paid for and no shuttle came. I then had to spend more money for yet another taxi.

I emailed their customer service along with the travel agent who I used to book the trip not only to tell them about my trip but to inquire why the shuttle I paid for was not there to bring me back to the airport at the end of the trip (which was paid for and unchanged), and if I could be refunded for the shuttle. I was told no. Then I was told that thousands of people missed their flights. Other people on the same trip who had found other means of travel to get there called and I did not call FUNJET to tell them my schedule changed.

I definitely called the travel agent and told her my flight was cancelled and I was trying to find a way there but I also do not appreciate being told I did not call to change my shuttle service!!! Um, I landed in the wrong part of the COUNTRY, no cell phone service and had to find a way to get across the country without a phone. I was concerned with my SAFETY and my lack of ability to speak the language so NO, I did not stop to find a pay phone to call FUNJET about my shuttle service!!!

I did not appreciate being told that and I feel like I used this company for this trip. I could have used another company. I paid a lot of money. AND I WAS THERE for my return shuttle trip. I only asked to be refunded for the shuttle. I think it is remarkably horrible that this company, after everything I went through, losing 2 days of my vacation and that money is gone. Customer service means nothing to their people??? I was there for my scheduled shuttle ride and I would like to be refunded for that. I lost hundreds of dollars to no fault of my own. Their million dollar company can't refund a shuttle ride??? I am disgusted. And I think everyone should know.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2017

BE AWARE of Funjet Vacation refund policy. Book a Las Vegas package through Funjet Vacation from 2/2/2017 to 2/4/2017 on 1/29/2017. On 1/31/2017, I decided to cancel my trip via their website due to illness. During the cancellation process, I was never prompt that the cancellation is nonrefundable. I learned of it after I decided to call their 800 customer support number. It took 15 minutes to finally spoke to someone who is clearly rude and uninterested in helping anyone who want to cancel trip. I was told that since the departure date is less than 7 days away, therefore, I was not entitle to any refund. When I decided to reverse my cancellation and I was told it can't be reverse either!

Funjet clearly is deceiving consumers by not adequately warn them about their non-refundable policy during booking process and cancellation process. Their so called 'Bills of Rights' where their cancellation policy is located is nice and neatly hiding on the very bottom of their website. I am sure they probably re-sold my vacation package to someone else and I am out $856 for no reason at all.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2017

I searched numerous websites and called several travel agents, and no one could beat this website. I booked our honeymoon through them, and had several questions after booking it because my husband and I had never traveled out of the USA. Someone emailed me back within a few hours of every email. As soon we arrived at the airport someone was waiting to take us to our hotel, and someone was always at our hotel that represented the company. Anytime we had questions we just went to them, and they answered it for us. We ONLY booked our hotel through them, we didn't book our flight and hotel. I would recommend doing this. It was just easier to deal with your flights yourself, that way if anything changes they contact you ASAP instead of the travel agent. I highly recommend them, and we are already looking to see where we are going next. We will use them again!

Original review: Dec. 12, 2016

Description: Junior Suite Oceanview All Inclusive at the Riu Palace Pacifico in PUERTO VALLARTA flying American Airlines. I called to make the final payment and our travel agent says "oh your flights have been changed to 2 layovers or fly out of Chicago." It sounded like she had no intention of calling us to let us know of the flight issues. I told her "no I am only flying out of Milwaukee." Told her to find a flight. She booked us on South West. I then called to add my son to our room. She not only got his airline wrong that I had emailed her the information twice but also changed our hotel information to a Room Type: Junior Suite.

When we arrived at the hotel they were very rude, told us to go to the travel agent for the hotel who looked at us and said "I am not here for you, see your representative for Apple Funjet." The representative had left for the day so the staff from Expedia called him back. I showed him my email for the ocean view room paid in full. The hotel did not believe this and wanted email from Fox travel. After over 4 hrs we were finally given a room only to be told very rudely by the front desk that we only had this room for that night as we had not paid for ocean view.

The next day I received a call from our representative that unless I produced another receipt we would have to move out. Now I spent another 3 hrs working on this. Finally got a hold of our travel agent who was "oh I don't know why I entered in the correct information." Per the documents SHE HAD NOT. It was HER MISTAKE. Then had money, ring, and medicine stolen from our room. We went to the front desk to report it not once but twice and were looked at like we were lying.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2016

In addition to all the other stories on here - which all sound plausible given my experience with FunJet - I'll just stick to the highlights. Their cancellation policies are ridiculous. I never had to wait long to speak to someone - but trying to get anything accomplished in a phone call often required more than one call and 15+ minutes each call. The hotel they booked us in Riviera Maya... ugh! "Sandos Caracol." Two words - bed bugs. I won't even begin to go into the nightmare this caused. They offer an "upgrade" if you are celebrating a special occasion. In my case - it was a honeymoon. The upgrade SOUNDS great! Upgraded room, fruit basket, champagne.

Upon arriving - no room upgrade that I could tell... Only by considering that our room was nothing special. If there are worse rooms - then you should definitely avoid this place. The "fruit basket" consisted of 2 apples, an aging plum and a banana - Saran wrapped to a small plate. The "champagne"... Well if I want to get technical - it wasn't from France so it shouldn't be called champagne. It was some cheap local brand (which was also the brand used for their brunch 'champagne' and mimosas). Nothing special or upgraded about it.

Separately, their local travel agency in Cancun "Lomas Travel" is terrible. After clearing customs in Cancun, you are directed to a staging area where Lomas has ~1/2 dozen shuttles coming and going at any time. My wife and I Sat for about an hour (while a hundred or more people came and went) before getting assigned to one. When we finally were assigned a shuttle, we were the last stop (of 4) on a one-hour+ trip. I understand the concept of consolidating destinations... but considering we were the furthest out and had to stop a few times along the way... we could have easily gone on any of the previous shuttles. We had pre-paid for the transport. The organization of it all is a mess.

We opted to book a snorkeling day through Lomas at the hotel. No big issues in booking the excursion. However, the day of the excursion, the seas were choppy and we asked the local guides if it was worth going out or if we could reschedule. Nope - we "HAD" to go on that trip or we lost our money ($135 for the both of us). I ended up getting sea-sick from the choppy water (along with 1/2 dozen other people) and for the two snorkel locations they chose - visibility was virtually nothing since the water was so rough and kicking up the sea floor. (This is in addition to the 1/2 hour of torrential rain that occurred during the excursion). Refund? Nope.

I wouldn't even normally complain about this except for the fact that we asked before about changing the reservation. If there had at least been flexibility in that - then I can understand a little more of the luck factor of whether you have a good trip or not. But the fact that my wife and I (who are NOT meteorologists) were able to recognize the poor conditions and they did not give us any options... Terrible.

Finally, our return flight to the states was scheduled at roughly 7 am. The hotel is about ~one hour from the airport - and my options were to take a 3:52 am or a 4:52 am shuttle. Considering my ride in and the poor customer service during the snorkeling... I opted for the 3:52. (Why the _:_2... I have no idea.) Anyway, as I predicted - the shuttle did not arrive until about 4:25 am - after several calls to the 24-hour line of Lomas. (Thankfully, they answered.) Overall, what was supposed to be our honeymoon was more of a laborious pain-in-the-butt. I highly recommend avoiding FunJet / Lomas Travel if you are heading to the Mexican riviera.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2016

My sisters and I recently booked a trip to Mexico through a travel agent who used Funjet. I travel on a regular basis and have never had such poor service as I did with Funjet. Everything was in order with our flights and transportation to the hotel, but when we arrived at the hotel they did not have our reservation. The hotel found us rooms. However, they were unsatisfactory. I contacted the travel agent who in turn contacted Funjet.

We were told the local representatives were contacted about our problem and would reach out to us to help us get better rooms and find some compensation for our troubles. Nothing could have been further from the truth. They never contacted us. When we contacted them, they continually treated us rudely and made excuse after excuse. They wasted our vacation time. They did not compensate us in any way, did not apologize and showed no concern whatsoever for our problems. I have never had a problem like this with any other booking, whether using Expedia or Cheapcaribbean or any other agency. I will never use them again and strongly discourage anyone else from using them.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2016

I booked a vacation package for 5 nights to Punta Cana at a Riu Palace Resort flying with Sun country. The Hotel was ranked a 4.5 stars, but it was old, smelled bad and after visiting the others sisters resorts, this one seems to be the oldest and less fancy of all of them, but the website said it was better than the other 4 RIU Resorts. Anyway, my complaints are not about the resort, even that I was expecting something more upscale for the price I paid. My nightmare started at the return time at the Punta Cana airport. I was traveling with my Indian friend, so everyone there wanted to speak Spanish to us. The employees at the airport, the section that holds the gates for: Sun Country. United, Southwest and Spirit in particular speak a very broken English and will avoid English if possible.

Our flight was at 3:25. We got there at 1:20. We were told the flight was delayed an hour. We proceeded to go to the gates. Our boarding pass said gate 5. They had a screen where all the departing flights were posted. All it said was departure time and delayed or on time. This section of the airport was an open area, where you could see and hear the plane engines all the time. All of this combined with the noise of travelers, the fans and wind make it impossible to hear a word of what they said on the intercoms. My friend asked 3 times if the plane in gate 1 was our plane, since it was a Sun Country one. Employees at that counter said no 3 times. She decided to go ask at gate 5, where there was no Sun Country plane. The workers there said the plane at gate 1 was our plane and it was leaving.

We supposed to had just boarded this plane and hoped that was the right one. There were no one calling to board the plane and the monitor where all flights were listed never said "boarding". There were no signs in gate 1 either. They said we were called. So, we had to go talk to Funjet people, where they did not do much. They called someone, and told us, it was our fault, no flights until Monday, this was on a Saturday, and we had to pay $125 fee to get a Monday flight. We had to booked a hotel $142 a night, pay taxi $40 and get another ticket to flight the next day with American Airlines $400. Funjet did not do anything to help us, even knowing the airport is a primitive one. I was not expecting this. I will not travel again to Punta Cana not use Funjet. Is a very bad company and does not care about customer satisfaction.

Original review: June 2, 2016

I am a travel agent with XStream Travel and I have never had a worse experience than I have with Funjet Vacations. First off let me start off by saying that the wait times to speak with a representative are ridiculous. One time I was on hold for over 30 minutes and if you have a problem with the reservation, get ready to spend your whole entire day with them.

I had 12 clients going on a trip to Santa Domingo. Everything was smooth until I had to drop one of the passengers from the reservation. It took 2 1/2 weeks to get it resolved. My client wound up having to pay $400 additional to get the matter resolved but mind you, they made over $6000 off of those 11 passengers that I as a agent brought to FUNJET. Thanks to Funjet, I lost my clients due to inaccurate information, documentation, etc. I lost my COMMISSION to keep my customers happy and FUNJET basically tried to make me look like an incompetent agent and I'm pissed. I will NEVER book another vacation package through them as long as I'm an agent. Delta Vacations will be getting ALL of my business.

Original review: April 4, 2016

The moment my partner and I arrived at Riu Palace resort in Punta Cana the bad experiences started! The front desk clerk was rude and irritated that we asked for more than 1 rm key. He put wrist bands on us but never explained why or how important they were. The wait staff with the exception of about 3 people were also rude, spoke zero English & completely ignored us until they wanted us to buy something they were trying to force on us or if they noticed we were willing to tip! The beds & pillows were ridiculously hard & extremely uncomfortable! We were treated like crap & we will NEVER visit a Punta Cana resort again! VERY DISAPPOINTED!

Original review: March 30, 2016

For years I've wanted to work for Funjet. I've applied to almost every position I'm qualified for and get turned down. I'm getting married in February 2017 and was working with wedding specialist Katie. Her communication skills are some of the worst. I've worked as an event planner and never in my life would I allow anyone to wait more than 24 hours for an email response. She not only didn't respond back to several emails, she didn't actually do things she said she was going to do.

She was supposed to set up a Groups Your Way code for me to give my guests which she did not do. I found out 15 days later by me having to call the Groups department myself. Katie advised it took a while to complete and a rep from the groups department told me it take up to 8 business hours. If she's too busy or can't handle the work maybe Funjet shouldn't give her as many responsibilities. I'm very disappointed with the service from Funjet and maybe all the rejection letters was a blessing because clearly Funjet employees don't have the same work values and ethic as I have. I will not be using them for not only my wedding but future travel.

Original review: March 16, 2016

I am horribly dissatisfied with my experience with Funjet. Everything that I have had to deal with has been a pain. Firstly they messed up my flight and hotel and I had to call them. I had to call them 3 different times throughout the day after they didn't call me back when they said they would. It takes 25-30 minutes for a human to pick up the phone and answer me. When someone did answer me they were terribly rude and made me highly frustrated. They just about hung up on me and I had to call again. When another person finally answered and could actually speak to me like a civilized human being she couldn't even get my confirmation paperwork because they were having internal problems. The service I received has been crap and they were the ones that were in the fault. In the end I got nothing to compensate for the emotional hassle and stressful situation I have been put through. Never again will I ever use this company.

Original review: March 14, 2016

I recently used Funjet to book a trip to Mexico for my son's wedding. I totally forgot to call back for the trip guarantee. Yesterday was the last day to enroll. I saw the reminder on my email. Late last night I tried to get through but their 24 hrs line was closed. I realize this was my fault. No excuses but I do have children, a full time job, semi invalid parents and a husband. Again my fault. When I called back this morning they wouldn't allow me to get the protection plan. It isn't that big a deal but considering we have booked 35 people through their site for this trip, I don't see where it would have made that much difference. Oh well $250.00 their loss. Work to the busy, if you want the protection plan, do it then. Heaven forbid you get busy and forget something. I won't be using them for the other six people I have to book for!!!

Original review: Jan. 5, 2016

I wouldn't even rate this company one star. One reason the company that went thru them TraveLink LLC didn’t even offer insurance on my trip - so 2 months ahead of time when my passport didn’t show up they told me it was no refund and nothing they could do. So I asked if I could change the date. They tried to charge $400 more dollars per person claiming it was airfare. Then I called Funjet and couldn’t get a live person on the phone. Then they claimed I was a no show at the airport when I called to let them know my passport was late. They don’t even offer you rooms with airfare for $1200 a per person. I could have paid for room and board with the right travel agency.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2015

I've been a Funjet customer for more than 10 years. They've been a fairly decent online booking portal. They claim to have representatives at the resorts they book customers at, which is supposed to further the guests' customer service experience. But my experience is that those reps don't do much other than sell you other products or (fairly often) are not on site when you do need help like a Funjet booked/paid shuttle never showing. A few weeks ago I made a simple mistake: I booked a hotel on Funjet 3 months out. And I put down a $100 deposit. Know that when you put that $100 deposit down, you'll never get it back. The geniuses at Funjet have concocted a "BILL OF RIGHTS" that you see when you check out. What the phrase "Bill of Rights" connotes in the U.S. is "rights" for the consumer. But, the "rights" are actually Funjet's circling and convoluted ways to hold onto your money.

For example: In my case, two days after booking I found the same room $150 cheaper per night elsewhere. Would Funjet match it? No. Could I get my deposit back once I cancel? No. Though called a deposit at checkout, it's actually a $50 per person fee. Their claim is that if you purchase their $59 per person "all in one travel protection" it will protect clients from penalties and fees. However, the logic is flawed at the "deposit" stage when you're in $50 per person. Could I get my $100 back? Sure, now that you've paid us $118! In my initial conversation with a customer service rep I was told that they couldn't match the price because the difference was just too great. In a follow-up email with customer service all kinds of rules were cited and cross-referenced: they could only price match within 24 hours, or only with the travel protection -- I should have paid them $218 so I could have gotten $100 back...

To sum up, I booked a hotel on their site and owed them $100 for something almost every other site does for free. It's confusing, it's in 6 pt. type and they say it's in their "Bill of Rights." My point is that instead of putting in a disingenuous "Bill of Rights" that implies consumer rights at checkout, be fair to consumers and customers and put in a bullet that reads "Fees may apply to cancelled reservations." It's simple, and gives the consumer a head's up so they double-check the fee rules. It's a sad to think that Funjet makes a business practice of doing their customers a disservice. I can't imagine using them again.

Funjet Company Information