1.8/5 (178 ratings)

About Funjet

Funjet Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Funjet?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Funjet?

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
Original review: Aug. 30, 2022

We were set to go to Destin Sept 12-16 but my husband had a heart attack with major complications. He was in the hospital/rehab for 45 days and doctor said he will not be able to travel in Sept. Funjet refused to refund me. I will be suing in small claims court.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2022

My experience with Funjet (specifically Delray Beach, FL) is horrible. I have been fighting with them for several months to get our money back. Initially, they said yes but every other contact since has been no. They then told me that I could not use my travel credit for a flight only and that I need to book a car or hotel which I didn't need. They are liars and thieves. This company does not keep its word and clearly does not train its employees to do anything but lie. I have filed a complaint with the BBB, FTC, and AG and am hoping someone can actually do something to help me. Everyone doesn't have money to "donate" to a travel company. I'm confused about how they can give you a travel credit but will not allow you to use it.

Get buying tips about Travel Agencies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2022

I recently reserved 3 rooms for our family vacation through a travel agent. I went on Booking.com and found the price much cheaper and then I called the hotel to confirm. I was told that if I had booked the trip myself I would have saved $969! Also, at the bottom of the reservation it said I would have to pay an additional $248 per room in fees to the hotel. Hotel management said they never heard of these costs!!!! I won't ever book with FUNJET again and I will warn friends and family!

Original review: Aug. 4, 2022

Due to testing positive for Covid, we had to cancel our trip last minute. When I asked travel agent I was told I would only be charged 1 nights hotel fee and receive a credit from airline. I decided to cancel instead of sending those without covid. After not receiving a credit I called Southwest Airlines and was told I should receive a credit from FUNJET. I talked to a very rude Funjet customer service agent and was told they do not honor the airlines cancelation policy and I was out of luck since I booked through them. They kept my money and received reimbursement from the companies. DO NOT USE THEM!

Original review: July 22, 2022

Please don’t use this company!!!! They owe us money because we couldn’t get on our flight so we had to go out later on a different airline. Frontier refunded our money to them and they won’t pay us back. Please do your homework and don’t use them. You can’t get a hold of them and when you do you are on hold or they don’t call you back.

Original review: July 6, 2022

I feel like my travel agent failed to provide pertinent information regarding me changing my travel dates. In Feb (2022), I communicated to my travel agent requesting to change my travel dates. At first, my travel agent told me I could change my dates and that she would follow up with a phone call to explain, but I never received a call. After almost five months passing by, I received a message that in order to change the dates I had to pay the full balance by July 15, 2022. When I asked the agent about this, she told me that when she first inquired about my vacation, the associate did not mention the full payment needed. The travel agent did not take any responsibility for not knowing that full payment would be needed. If I had known any of this, I would have not booked anything to begin with. Personally, I plan many trips on my own, so I don't understand why my travel agent didn't know the details she should have known.

Original review: July 4, 2022

We booked a family trip for 5 to Cabo San Lucas In October 2021 to be traveling Summer 2022. We purchased insurance for one of the 5 and made the down payment. A month prior to travel we notified Funjet Vacations that the passenger with insurance would not be traveling. To which funjet responded OK and that they would have to rebook the whole trip. Rebooking the trip from the date we cancelled one traveler cost us an additional $365 more than the original booking price. So the Insurance money is awash and now I have to pay more!!!! Turns out we was never locked in to the original "price rate of travel". The insurance part is the (scam). It's too late to back out so I just paid the whole balance but I'm notifying you guys beware! I'm a straight up guy but if you buy insurance for somebody I would think you would be covered That's just another way for them to make extra money!!! Wish me luck. We leave in 3 weeks... Peace.

Original review: May 31, 2022

I've been waiting over a month for a refund that was suppose to be issued. My flights constantly being changed and if you use Funjet you can't talk to the airline. Funjet has awful customer service and if you can get through you can't understand them.

Original review: May 27, 2022

I have a $600 credit from a COVID impacted trip. I’ve called several times and no one answers. I’ve emailed and no one returns my email. This is the worse company that I’ve ever dealt with and I warn everyone… Don’t EVER use this company. I’m filing fraud charges against them, too.

Original review: May 21, 2022

Had booked airlines thru Funjet for a trip to Punta Cana.... Tested COVID positive 2 days before the trip.. Despite sending my test results, they would not even give me airline credit, forget about a refund!!!! Spent two hours on the phone with them, but they refused to budge. So much for being honest with them. DON'T EVER BOOK WITH FUNJET- EVER!!!!

Funjet Company Information