2. Travel
  3. Travel Agencies

1.9/5 (149 ratings)

About Funjet

Funjet Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Funjet?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Funjet?

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
Original review: Sept. 17, 2021

30 hours after booking my Florida weekend trip with Funjet, I followed up with the airline to check for reservations and discovered that my booked flight which Funjet sold to me was not on airline schedule. I reached out to Funjet, submitted pictures of the airline schedules and asked for details about my flight, but Funjet reassured me that there were no changes to my original booking, all remained the same. If I would have been informed that there was a change to my flight I would have not continued with my full payment. And at that time, I still had the option to add Travel Protection Plus premium since it can be added within 7 days of initial deposit. (As stated in Funjet General Cancellation Terms&Conditions.)

18 days after my inquiry with funjet and shortly after I made final payments, ALG sent an email informing us of a change in the departure flight but never informed us of a cancelled return flight. After getting stories from Funjet that flights are not refundable and not guaranteed, I reached out to the airline, with proof that Funjet sold us flights that were not available with the airline to begin with and Funjet staff misinformed us about the flights when we inquired about it within 30 hours from booking. Airline agreed to full refund to the original method of payment. (You hear about of these sorts of scam from third party vendors but now this is Funjet). Funjet is denying a refund to my credit card for the land portion (even though the hotel has a cancellation policy 3 days prior to arrival we are 6-7 weeks away). Funjet is charging me $200.00 for cancelled reservation, accusing me of a voluntary cancellation. I did not cancel my reservations, funjet did.

They emailed me about changes weeks later after having information from the airline, failed to notify me of a cancelled flight (as confirmed with airline) and refused to provide alternative airline. CS representative herself told me that all I need to do is to cancel and start looking for a new package with a new airline. Funjet sold a service which was not available at the time of booking and have not taken any measures to provide an alternative airline since the originally booked airline does not have flights available on our scheduled dates. How is this a voluntary cancellation? I don’t want to cancel I want to go on my trip.

This appears like a scam to me! I cannot believe that I am dealing with ALG, with an elite travel group. I have never received such unprofessional customer service. One of the reasons I use ALG, and not other booking options because of their long experience in the industry and expecting an exceptional CS but it is not the case with Funjet. When I ask to speak to a supervisor, CSR refuses to put a supervisor on call. A few times the call was dropped by CS. I spend days and long hours on the phone pushed from department to department. When I ask for email addresses, they provide invalid emails. Submitted many emails with proof of all documents and no one there cares to review anything, they all respond like robots with the same memorized response and without any courtesy to the customers.

How do they get away with this? Most people forget that ALG, Apple Leisure Group now acquired by Hyatt owns and operates under Funjet, Apple Vacations, Cheapcarribbean and many other such as United and Southwest vacations (so don’t be fooled when you think those are separate companies and you are booking with their competitors). Regretfully, not! Seems like a Monopoly to me.

Funjet response

Hi Anna! Please send us an email at funjetsocial@funjet.com so we can assist you!

Original review: Sept. 10, 2021

I wish I could give them 0! Do not book through this agency. They are stealing so much money. I booked my family trip back in Feb. 2020 but had to cancel due to Covid. They told us they couldn't refund us the money but they could give us credit. I have been trying this whole year but there's always a new excuse. At first they said that I needed to look for the same airlines and same non stop flight. Okay.. There was nothing then but a few months later I was able to find flights.

Now they are telling us we cannot use those flights because we bought an "exclusive" package.. Wtf is that? And they said there is no exclusive packages for the rest of the year. Now they are saying we can use any airlines we want as long as they are exclusive (how do you even look for those) and they said it's okay to use and look through other websites (at first they told us it only had to be search from the Funjet website). But apparently there no flights for that anywhere. What am I supposed to do now? They refuse to extend my credit for next year until there is "Exclusive" flights. They are stealing and this should not be allowed!

Get buying tips about Travel Agencies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2021

I was booked into an all inclusive resort resort in the Dominican Republic. Once I arrived I found out that the resort had been closed and boarded up for months. I had to find a place to stay on my own. The hold time with Funjet is well over two hours. It’s been months and I have not been reimbursed for my expenses, not to mention the trauma of arriving to find the resort had been closed for months. The agent told me that everything was all set for my vacation the day before we left. I was fortunate enough to have a taxi driver who stayed with us and helped us find a place to stay.

Funjet response

Hi Williams! Please send us an email with your booking number to funjetsocial@funjet.com so we can best assist. Thanks!

Original review: Aug. 7, 2021

I’ve been trying to get answers from their post travel department. I sent several emails, made several phone calls to this company and no one is able to give me answer regarding my hotel credit. It’s literally been over a month now. Every time I get on the phone with a representative from existing reservations they forward me call to post travel and then I am put on hold for several hours just to have the phone disconnected. So I call again and I am put on hold several more hours again and no one ever picks up. I have yet to receive a response to several emails I sent regarding my travel credit. This company is a scam! I do not recommend this company at all.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2021

Booked an all- inclusive to Cancun Bluebay Grand Esmeralda for 4/18/2020. Unfortunately Covid-19 changed all that. My agent cancelled my resort stay and credited it on my Funjet account. I did not give permission. I wanted the same resort for a later date. I had to make my own flight reservations. I thought the agent does this? Agent set me up with The Pink Flamingo. I spent $2,855.48 for the Bluebay Resort. I spent the same amount for the Pink Flamingo and it was horrible. The agent did not communicate about booking the trip and I would have to reach out to her. Instead of keeping my original choice of the resorts, I had to go to the Pink Flamingo. At this resort that I was stuck at for eight nights and nine days, the food was awful. There was only two options and the choices were bad. There was also a pizza/snack shop that was open for minimal hours.

As soon as we get there, my daughter and I are in our winter clothes and weren't able to check in. We were watching other families that came in after us being shown to their rooms and we were told we had to wait two hours. It took a bellhop who was confused why we weren't being checked in to get us a room. I had to share a bed with my eighteen year old daughter for four nights when we were supposed to have two standard double beds. I got the room changed, no help from the agent. No coffee in the rooms, you only get two bottles of water. I was told we could get bottled water from the restaurants but that wasn't true. The office personnel was rude. They never had red wine available. It was a hotel, not all inclusive like the agent said. We met with other Americans that also felt discriminated against. My agent did not lift a finger to be helpful and it was an issue to get picked back up to to go the airport. She had no idea who to contact.

There was nothing to do. Not even a gift shop. There was no red wine, no entertainment, It is a hotel not a resort. If it wasn't for the other people we met who were in the same boat as us, we would have died of boredom and Christmas would have not been joyful. At night we would hear music and activities going on and nothing would happen at our resort. We met another mother and daughter and they booked a five day stay. They were just as disgusted and disappointed as we were especially when we had to get food from outside the "resort". When we would go we would talk to other people outside the resort and they've had great entertainment; music; Christmas festivities; food, with Santa sliding down the pole. Her travel agent booked them at a new place Grand Series in Riviera Maya in September for the five days that they lost at the Pink Flamingo. My agent did not do this.

With my experience I don't have any interest in going back to Mexico. This was my first time going but I really wanted to experience Mexico but now I'm afraid to go back with such a bad experience. No one tried to make things right. I have unprofessional emails and text messages from the travel agent. The trip I took to the Dominican Republic through a different agent was amazing. I got my money's worth with the same amount of days and nights. With this travel agent it was a big disappointment through the same company Funjet. The first one couldn't book a trip for the second time due to medical reasons.

Original review: July 6, 2021

In February 2020 I booked a nonstop round-trip charter from MKE to Cancun. Covid shut down the world so canceled the flight. I was told I could not receive a refund because I canceled, not the airline. My daughter received her refund because she held out, if this makes sense. Fine. Decided to use the credit and booked a flight for July 2021. Now we are booking from Chicago rather than Milwaukee because no charter flights available. Inconvenient but manageable.

4 days before flight the airline had no record of us on the flight because Funjet never applied the credit. Meanwhile my daughter is scheduled on the flight with an entire 6 day trip planned for Isla Mujeras with my husband and I. Nervous, I call and literally 4 to 5 hours later, no one can seem to apply the credit. In addition, it was 4th of July weekend and was told I'd have the credit on Monday the 5th when someone "in accounting" was in. I said Monday was a holiday but told "no we are open". Monday they were closed. Really?!!

Tuesday the 6th, after on hold 2 hours with 3 days from flight day was told that they cannot apply credit nor guarantee the price I booked it at!!! I had to book a flight elsewhere to arrive close to when my daughter was in Cancun. I was told "sorry" but since I canceled it first, cannot issue a refund. Back to square one. I have a credit but it's worthless to us when they cannot seem to apply it. I want to do something from a legal angle. Can we all fight for our money and not allow these scammers to be in business? Give these customer service reps a job in an honest company? They suck because the company they work for does.

Original review: June 9, 2021

Do NOT book with this agency. They are giving false information on their website. I purchased a inclusive trip to Mexico from 06/23/2021-06/27/2021. I also purchased the traveler's insurance as stated on their websites for emergencies and things come up that prevents some people from making their trip. They stated they give refunds OR you can use the payment for another trip. They are money hungry scammers. I was unable to get my passport back due to issues beyond my control.

Contacted them weeks in advance. They advised me someone can take my place and the names be changed or I could get my refund. None of this happened! I had someone in place ready to take my spot to make it an easy transition and change of names and she would give me the payment for what I paid, then told after that they could not. Then when I explained to get my refund or even a credit to go somewhere in state those same days to use them, they told me NO. I would have to pay a $300 fee with them and would only get a $600 credit. I was also told I could not even book an in state trip during the same time so they still get business and I still get to take a trip. They did not allow either.

WHY IN THE HECK would I want a credit with them after the lies told on the website and all the nonsense I had to endure from them due to an emergency beyond my control. I will NEVER use them again. Now I'm in a panic and trying to see if any options what can I do to get my refund. I don't want their funky $600 credit when I paid almost $1200 for the trip. I am so disappointed in the lies and false advertisement. I will NEVER book or refer any customers to them. You all should be ashamed, especially when some customers take all the proper steps.

Original review: May 18, 2021

I reserved a vacation for May 26, 2021 - June 2, 2021. I reserved it back in September 2020. There was initially a party of 7. 2 of our passengers are not able to travel due to illness. I called Funjet to remove the 2 from the booking. I was told that there is a $200 cancellation fee. I figured it would be deducted from the cost of the flight tickets. It was never explained to me that I needed to pay an additional $200 to cancel the flights. I just happened to look at my account with Funjet and the reservation could not be viewed. I had to call them back.

At that time, I was informed that I needed to pay $200 by the end of the business day or I risked losing my booking. I was told that after I pay the $200 I would receive travel credit. Well, after paying fees, I attempted to get information on travel credit and was told that that package did not qualify for travel credit. It would have been better to just let the Sears on the plane go empty. It would have saved $200. Beware before doing business with this company.

Original review: May 10, 2021

Where do I even start. Not only did this company completely ruin a our honeymoon trip of over 2 years, but they also refused to return money until we spoke to a supervisor and never let us speak to one! Somehow this company has managed to make it this far without any type of internal communication or customer service skills. We contacted this company over 10 times and stayed on phone for at least an hour each time to fix the mistake they made when they cancelled our trip without making sure our room would be available for us to rebook at an earlier time.

The incompetence of the workers at this company is infuriating and downright unprofessional. I don’t recommend ever working with this company unless you want your vacation to be the most difficult experience of your life. Not only are they now not returning our money, but they have not offered one single time to compensate us somehow for our troubles, that they themselves caused. 0/5 stars if I could.

Original review: May 5, 2021

I would not wish this company upon my worse enemy. I canceled a trip 2 months in advance due to a severe illness in the family because of COVID. They told me they could only refund $900 of the $2400 I paid... Keep in mind this is with a 2 month notice... I was then told the refund would take 30-40 days and it's now been 2 months with no refund. I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND not doing business with this company. They place no value on their customer, zero empathy for what's going on in people's lives, and simply only care about money.

Funjet Company Information