2. Travel
  3. Travel Agencies

2.0/5 (143 ratings)

About Funjet

Funjet Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Funjet?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Funjet?

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
Original review: July 6, 2021

In February 2020 I booked a nonstop round-trip charter from MKE to Cancun. Covid shut down the world so canceled the flight. I was told I could not receive a refund because I canceled, not the airline. My daughter received her refund because she held out, if this makes sense. Fine. Decided to use the credit and booked a flight for July 2021. Now we are booking from Chicago rather than Milwaukee because no charter flights available. Inconvenient but manageable.

4 days before flight the airline had no record of us on the flight because Funjet never applied the credit. Meanwhile my daughter is scheduled on the flight with an entire 6 day trip planned for Isla Mujeras with my husband and I. Nervous, I call and literally 4 to 5 hours later, no one can seem to apply the credit. In addition, it was 4th of July weekend and was told I'd have the credit on Monday the 5th when someone "in accounting" was in. I said Monday was a holiday but told "no we are open". Monday they were closed. Really?!!

Tuesday the 6th, after on hold 2 hours with 3 days from flight day was told that they cannot apply credit nor guarantee the price I booked it at!!! I had to book a flight elsewhere to arrive close to when my daughter was in Cancun. I was told "sorry" but since I canceled it first, cannot issue a refund. Back to square one. I have a credit but it's worthless to us when they cannot seem to apply it. I want to do something from a legal angle. Can we all fight for our money and not allow these scammers to be in business? Give these customer service reps a job in an honest company? They suck because the company they work for does.

Original review: June 9, 2021

Do NOT book with this agency. They are giving false information on their website. I purchased a inclusive trip to Mexico from 06/23/2021-06/27/2021. I also purchased the traveler's insurance as stated on their websites for emergencies and things come up that prevents some people from making their trip. They stated they give refunds OR you can use the payment for another trip. They are money hungry scammers. I was unable to get my passport back due to issues beyond my control.

Contacted them weeks in advance. They advised me someone can take my place and the names be changed or I could get my refund. None of this happened! I had someone in place ready to take my spot to make it an easy transition and change of names and she would give me the payment for what I paid, then told after that they could not. Then when I explained to get my refund or even a credit to go somewhere in state those same days to use them, they told me NO. I would have to pay a $300 fee with them and would only get a $600 credit. I was also told I could not even book an in state trip during the same time so they still get business and I still get to take a trip. They did not allow either.

WHY IN THE HECK would I want a credit with them after the lies told on the website and all the nonsense I had to endure from them due to an emergency beyond my control. I will NEVER use them again. Now I'm in a panic and trying to see if any options what can I do to get my refund. I don't want their funky $600 credit when I paid almost $1200 for the trip. I am so disappointed in the lies and false advertisement. I will NEVER book or refer any customers to them. You all should be ashamed, especially when some customers take all the proper steps.

Get buying tips about Travel Agencies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 18, 2021

I reserved a vacation for May 26, 2021 - June 2, 2021. I reserved it back in September 2020. There was initially a party of 7. 2 of our passengers are not able to travel due to illness. I called Funjet to remove the 2 from the booking. I was told that there is a $200 cancellation fee. I figured it would be deducted from the cost of the flight tickets. It was never explained to me that I needed to pay an additional $200 to cancel the flights. I just happened to look at my account with Funjet and the reservation could not be viewed. I had to call them back.

At that time, I was informed that I needed to pay $200 by the end of the business day or I risked losing my booking. I was told that after I pay the $200 I would receive travel credit. Well, after paying fees, I attempted to get information on travel credit and was told that that package did not qualify for travel credit. It would have been better to just let the Sears on the plane go empty. It would have saved $200. Beware before doing business with this company.

Original review: May 10, 2021

Where do I even start. Not only did this company completely ruin a our honeymoon trip of over 2 years, but they also refused to return money until we spoke to a supervisor and never let us speak to one! Somehow this company has managed to make it this far without any type of internal communication or customer service skills. We contacted this company over 10 times and stayed on phone for at least an hour each time to fix the mistake they made when they cancelled our trip without making sure our room would be available for us to rebook at an earlier time.

The incompetence of the workers at this company is infuriating and downright unprofessional. I don’t recommend ever working with this company unless you want your vacation to be the most difficult experience of your life. Not only are they now not returning our money, but they have not offered one single time to compensate us somehow for our troubles, that they themselves caused. 0/5 stars if I could.

Original review: May 5, 2021

I would not wish this company upon my worse enemy. I canceled a trip 2 months in advance due to a severe illness in the family because of COVID. They told me they could only refund $900 of the $2400 I paid... Keep in mind this is with a 2 month notice... I was then told the refund would take 30-40 days and it's now been 2 months with no refund. I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND not doing business with this company. They place no value on their customer, zero empathy for what's going on in people's lives, and simply only care about money.

Original review: April 24, 2021

I booked an all-inclusive trip for 2 to Cabo back in 2019, pre-pandemic. The trip was to happen in June of 2020. Obviously due to Covid-19, everything was shut down & travel bans were & still are in place. I began calling to obtain a refund in March. The website provided information on how they were handling this, including giving a 25% discount on future travel if you did not cancel your trip. However, when I spoke with Funjet they stated that not being charged a re-booking fee is what equates to 25% & there is no 25% discount on future travel. So, in essence, you were getting nothing.

They said that the airlines, including American where I had my flights were charging a $200 fee per person for cancellations, even with what was occurring due to Covid-19. I got nowhere & they did nothing, but say that, "You had through December 2021 to travel." Approximately a week later there was an investigative report on the news about vacation agencies claiming, FALSELY, that airlines were charging $200 fees per person if a trip/flight was being cancelled. They had quotes & representatives from airlines, including American stating that the airline WAS NOT & IS NOT charging ANY fees for cancelling flights due to the global pandemic.

Obviously Funjet lied. My travel agent, still will not advocate for me to get a refund & only states that I have until December 2021 to travel. Even though non-essential travel is not recommended. That is also aside from the fact that people's idea of a vacation is not to be at a resort wearing a mask, fearful of contracting Covid-19 due to exposure.

I see that I am not alone in this situation. I have been very patient because this pandemic has impacted so many people and businesses. However, this pandemic was not known, it is not our or my fault. I and everyone else deserve 100% of our money back and to not have it held hostage by an unscrupulous company. I cannot wrap my head around the fact that a large company is allowed to essentially steal money from so many people? Let alone as we all face difficult times during an unprecedented global pandemic. Please assist me and everyone else get 100% of our money back! I cannot afford to be out thousands of dollars. PLEASE HELP!

Original review: April 20, 2021

My travel agent booked through Funjet for a trip I wanted to send my parents on. They've never been on a trip so this was a special occasions. With no reason provided, Spirit canceled their flights. When we asked Funjet to refund the amount, they would only do so with a $200 penalty, which is unacceptable. We did not change the itinerary, Spirit canceled the flights. If I do not receive a full refund within 30 days, I plan to take legal action.

Original review: April 19, 2021

I booked a trip in September 2019 for April 2020. We all know what happened in March 2020. I received notification from FunJet that I didn't cancel, that I would be given the price of my trip plus a 25% bonus to use for future travel good through 12/15/21. I then received an email that my "credit" including bonus, was 750, which was odd, since I paid 1000 for my trip. When I called, after waiting 3 hours on hold I was told that I cancelled my trip. I said, "No, actually I did not, the airline and the hotel cancelled." So after talking to 3-4 different people, I was told that I would be getting a credit of 1254. The full price plus the 25%.

I was told to call when I was ready to book, again, by December 2021. I then received an email saying that I can now book online with my credit. So I logged in this morning to look at vacations, since I'm getting married this year, and low and behold, I only have a credit of 754! After talking to someone (Luis) in customer service, I was told the time to use that credit was January 2021, even though I have emails stating otherwise. After talking to him for over an hour, the best I got was a refund for the full balance was requested, but could take 1 week to 4 weeks. I requested an email saying that I would in fact be given a refund of the full amount I paid. He sent me an email saying that I had called requesting one, but could not confirm it would be given. I requested to speak to a supervisor multiple times and was denied. I am beyond angry.

Original review: March 28, 2021

I was told that I was buying comprehensive insurance for 240 dollars for two people and that I would receive a full refund minus the cost of insurance if I had to cancel. I received a “travel credit” instead. I was lied to by my agent because if I would have known that then I would not have booked. Now I’m stuck with Funjet and I already don’t trust them.

Resolution response: March 28, 2021

I received a response from the parent company of Fun Jet and they assure me I will receive a full refund with 60 days. I will be checking my card statement for my reimbursement. Thank you Consumer Affairs for your help in resolving this.

Original review: March 15, 2021

Updated on 06/02/2021: I had written a review and thought my problem had been resolved. I was assured by Funjet that my money was being refunded within 60 days. Well, that didn't happen, it's now been 67 days. I reached out to the person that e-mailed me and have received no response. I am now going to contact my credit card company for a charge back. I guess I should have done that back in November, 2020 when I started all this back and forth nonsense. I am extremely disappointed in this company. And when I received my e-mail response from them, I was also surprised to find out they are also affiliated with Apple Vacations. I hope Apple Vacations isn't going down the same path as Funjet. Apple used to be a good, honest company to deal with.

Updated on 03/27/2021: Fun Jet did reply to my original review but as of this date, March 27, I still have no resolution and no e-mail within 48 hours as promised on March 23. I am beyond frustrated with this company. I do appreciate that I can get responses thru this site, although since the company has not responded to my last response, I am unable to continue the conversation that way. I want my refund as do many people on here, but the company seems to just want to ignore us before resolution can be made.

Original Review: I made a reservation in May 2020 to travel in January 2021. I canceled our trip on November 19, 2020 because of Covid. I was told at the time that I could rebook my trip for a later date without a problem and I would receive an e-mail to instruct me how to do that. The e-mail never came. I e-mailed them to request the information and all I got in return was a form letter stating it can take 90 days to process a refund. I then called and was told that the trip was non refundable and I had no credit issued to rebook the trip either. I was on hold for over 30 minutes and then got disconnected. I am still waiting for some form of response, but I'm sure it will never come. I'm glad I only paid the deposit and not the full amount for the trip. I will NEVER book thru Funjet again. I used them years ago and had no issues. During a pandemic they should work with customers. That should be required by law.

Funjet Company Information