1.8/5 (171 ratings)

About Funjet

Funjet Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Funjet?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Funjet?

Original review: May 31, 2022

I've been waiting over a month for a refund that was suppose to be issued. My flights constantly being changed and if you use Funjet you can't talk to the airline. Funjet has awful customer service and if you can get through you can't understand them.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
Original review: May 27, 2022

I have a $600 credit from a COVID impacted trip. I’ve called several times and no one answers. I’ve emailed and no one returns my email. This is the worse company that I’ve ever dealt with and I warn everyone… Don’t EVER use this company. I’m filing fraud charges against them, too.

Get buying tips about Travel Agencies delivered to your inbox.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: May 21, 2022

Had booked airlines thru Funjet for a trip to Punta Cana.... Tested COVID positive 2 days before the trip.. Despite sending my test results, they would not even give me airline credit, forget about a refund!!!! Spent two hours on the phone with them, but they refused to budge. So much for being honest with them. DON'T EVER BOOK WITH FUNJET- EVER!!!!

Original review: May 16, 2022

We planned a trip for the summer of 2020 but due to Covid we had to cancel. We were told by our travel agent that we have a credit for Funjet Travel and SW Airlines Travel that is valid until 11/22/22. In April 2022, I tried to plan a trip for the end of July 2022 only to be told by Funjet that our SW Airlines travel credit is only valid until 6/14/22. I have the email with the dates we were promised and I have called Funjet NUMEROUS times to resolve this and no one there seems to know what to do. There are never any supervisors/managers available to speak with. I have also emailed customer service at Funjet 12 times and not a single response. Honestly, I don't know how they are in business! Looks like we will lose out on our credit. I will NEVER do business with them again.

Resolution response: April 26, 2022

This company was able to resolve this situation to my satisfaction.

Original review: April 21, 2022

Some friends and I organized a trip through an agent. While we were discussing the trip, the agent told us to purchase Trip Protection. She told us the cost and of course I thought that was a great idea. She worked up the trip and I paid my deposit. We ended up not going on the trip so I requested a refund. According to the Travel Protection, I was supposed to be protected for any reason the trip was cancelled. I emailed the agent on March 1st to request that my trip be cancelled and to request a refund. She replied back that evening that she'd sent a request to cancel the trip and request a refund. I emailed her again on March 17th to inquire about the status of my refund.

I received a response from her on March 19th that stated that she would check on it because she thought I would've received my REFUND by then. I texted her again on March 24th to find out what the hold up was with my refund. She said she'd send another inquiry and she would escalate the issue. On April 5th, I contacted her again since I hadn't received my refund. She said she had reached out to Funjet a few days ago. I contacted her again on April 18th since I hadn't received my refund. She finally contacted me today and told me that I wouldn't receive a cash refund. I'd only receive a credit since they'd purchased my flight already and the ticket was non-refundable. So they'd give me a credit. I wasn't happy with that.

I called customer service directly to inquire about receiving a refund since the Travel Protection said I would receive one if the trip were cancelled for any reason. That is when I was told that I only had the basic travel protection that will give me TRAVEL CREDITS if the trip were cancelled. There is a more expensive Travel Protection policy that would've given me cash back minus the price of the insurance. I WAS NOT MADE AWARE THAT THERE WERE TWO DIFFERENT TYPES OF TRAVEL PROTECTION. Had I known, I would've paid for the more expensive policy to ensure that I receive my CASH BACK instead of travel credit.

This is NOT my fault. I am entitled to my cash refund. In this economy with everything so unsure, I cannot afford to have almost $800 just sitting there in travel credits. I am very disappointed in this company. I think that this is very unfair that I am being penalized because I was not told of the more expensive insurance to guarantee my cash back for a cancelled trip. Be very wary of doing business with this company.

Original review: March 13, 2022

Cancelled our trip within 24 hours due to a family issue that sprung up. First was told 7 days, then it was 30 to 60 days. IT DOES NOT take that long to send an electronic refund. Called several times and no one is able to help

Original review: Feb. 24, 2022

I’m having a horrible experience with Funjet. One agent told me I could get a refund within 7 days because I cancelled within 24 hours. The other agent said 50-60 days. It doesn’t take that long to refund anyone. They just choose to do so. This is not ok! Companies just don’t have integrity anymore. It’s horrible!

Funjet response

Hi there! Please send us your booking number and contact information so we can best assist!

Original review: Feb. 24, 2022

I’ve used Funjet several times and usually have had a satisfactory experience. Last spring I booked two reservations to Cozumel. When my reservation for airline tickets stopped showing on the airline's website stopped showing I called Funjet. Spending literally hours trying to get the reservations changed. I finally was able to rebook. The agent combined the two reservations into one. The other couple purchased travel insurance on their portion of the trip. We did not. A week before the trip the tiger couple had to cancel due to Covid. My husband and I made the trip. I called and canceled their part of the trip. Now I’ve been battling since last fall trying to get their travel credits. I’ve spent hours and hours on the phone. They refuse to credit their full amount even though they had the insurance. They are crediting less than half. I’ve received various reasons why and many different excuses. We will NEVER travel with them again!

Original review: Feb. 24, 2022

I booked flights with Funjet on Nov. 7, 2021 for a trip to Ft. Lauderdale, Florida in March 2022. I was notified by E-Mail on Jan. 21, 2022 from Frontier airlines that my flights were changed. The changes were not acceptable, so I called Funjet/Frontier and requested a cancellation/refund on Jan. 25, 2022. After multiple phone calls to Funjet and trying to talk to representatives from India and Columbia, I was hung up on several times. I was finally notified on Feb. 3, 2022 by E-Mail from Frontier that my flight was cancelled and refunded back to Funjet. After several more E-Mails to Funjet, I still have not gotten any answers or refund/credit from Funjet and it now Feb. 23, 2022. This has been the worst experience ever and I would not recommend using Funjet to book any trips to anyone!

Original review: Feb. 21, 2022

We booked a flight to Florida in Nov and the flight was cancelled. Told at end of January 2022 that our refund was approved. Called in mid-Feb and told we had to wait 14 days. When I said I did, he said I had to wait 14 business days and was very rude! Called again today, 2/21 and was on the phone for almost an hour with them playing games about who was to refund us, the amount (much less that what we paid), and needing to talk with management or another department… Very disorganized company and no confirmation number to prove my refund was actually processed. Don’t waste your time or money with Funjet- go through a reputable company!

Funjet response

Hi Louise, please send us your booking number and contact information so we can best assist! Thanks!

Funjet Company Information