1.9/5 (158 ratings)

About Funjet

Funjet Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Funjet?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Funjet?

Original review: Jan. 7, 2022

Currently on hold for 2 hours and two emails later without one contact. Charged entire vacation versus deposit even deposit was highlighted as payment. While on hold cancelled hoping to start fresh once refunded. However the only ONE contact # is useless. I just literally made the reservation this afternoon and immediately canceled. It does not take 30-90 days to electronically refund in 2022! The hotel is not that busy to be on hold for 2 hours. I will be contacting Dateline, IG, TikTok, 20/20, 60 minutes about this scam of company Funjet.

Funjet response

Hi Richard, please send us an email to funjetsocial@funjet.com so we can best assist you. Thanks!

Original review: Jan. 6, 2022

We used FUNJET to travel to Jamaica over Christmas 2021. The resort we chose (based on our travel agent's recommendation) was absolutely terrible the staff was incredibly rude. Our rooms are booked very very far from the main part of the resort and we spent hours having them moved closer. My sister's daughter ended up testing positive for covid 19 and the resort was absolutely terrible about accommodation. She did not receive meals on time and it was terrible trying to get her home. We ended up having to book flights on our own because the travel agent was of no help. I wish I would have known. I will never ever use funjet ever again to book a vacation. There were 17 of us and you better believe we will tell everyone we know not to ever use funjet.

Funjet response

Hi Rebecca, please send us an email to funjetsocial@funjet.com so we can best assist! Thanks!

Get buying tips about Travel Agencies delivered to your inbox.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Jan. 4, 2022

I originally used FunJet to book a trip with my HS class reunion back in 2020, however it was cancelled due to COVID. I was told by my travel agent that I would receive a bonus 30% credit to use the funds in the future with FunJet. Almost a year later, I was told that I would lose all travel credits if I did not use them by a certain date, so I found a staycation for my lady and I. The cost was more than my total travel credit, so I paid the difference on my credit card. Upon departure from the lodging, I was given the final bill/invoice which was $400 cheaper than what I had paid. My travel agent confirmed what I paid and directed me to FunJet customer service. My trip was on Dec 3 and to date, I have either been ignored or placed on endless hold (twice I've held the phone for over an hour).

I even received an email reply telling me, "Please understand that due to increased excitement to book incredible vacations our wait times may be longer than expected and we are currently unable to accept requests for call backs at this time." If I'm reading that correctly, they're basically saying that they're dealing with the new suckers, and the previous ones have to wait. Indefinitely. My next visit is to the Better Business Bureau and then to a local news station that looks into consumer fraud.

Funjet response

Hi Sean! Please send us an email to funjetsocial@funjet.com so we can best assist. Thanks!

Original review: Dec. 16, 2021

I booked a vacation and had to cancel and rebook it. The agent told me he was applying the credit from my last booking to the new reservation. He did not and I am receiving threatening e mails saying my trip will be cancelled in 3 days! I tried to correct this by an email. They will not apply the credit. I demanded to have a manager call me. They replied that they do not reply. In addition, I am being price gouged $240 for a disabled person to sit near the front of the airline.

Funjet response

Hi Jeff! Please send us an email to funjetsocial@funjet.com with your booking number so we can best assist you!

Thanks!

Original review: Dec. 11, 2021

My husband and I booked our honeymoon using Funjet. We went to RIU Palace in Costa Rica. Our experience was horrible and contacted funjet to let them know about our experience. They asked us to provide a detailed review of the resort and we included photos to document our experience. This "resort" was so horrible we changed our flights to leave early and would have left even earlier if there were flights available to do so. This resort ruined our entire honeymoon - we planned on utilizing the resort's all-inclusive food but it was inedible so we went out to lunches and dinners to avoid eating at the resort (none of the food was as described) and our room was absolutely disgusting (vomit on the wall, dirty tubs, mold in the bidet, dirty sheets, & horrible smell).

We expressed that we enjoyed one day total at the resort - we were supposed to be there for 6 days but stayed for 4 (again, would have left earlier if there was a flight). We spent a lot of money on flights and had to pay for all of our additional lunches dinners. We were hoping funjet would try to make this up to us by providing most of our money back. Instead, we were refunded for less than 2 days (I had asked for 5 our of 6 days to be refunded). When I think of my honeymoon I will think of this horrible, disgusting resort and this terrible company, funjet, that didn't seem to care that our entire honeymoon was ruined and it cost us thousands of dollars.

Funjet response

Hi Elizabeth. Please send us an email to funjetsocial@funjet.com with your booking number so we can best assist! Thanks!

Original review: Nov. 16, 2021

I felt I should share about the experiences I had the past few months as a travel consultant with different client reservations. Please keep in mind, most times when I call Funjet, it is a 45 minute to 1 hour wait to get through to a Funjet agent on the phone. Hopefully Hyatt will get Funjet in order.

1. Funjet processed the wrong Future Travel Credit even though I confirmed the hotel cancellation policy and Future Travel Credit with three different Funjet agents prior to cancelling. The issues first began when the hotel cancellation policy showed up incorrectly in their system for the reservation. When making the booking, the hotel was never a "non-refundable" hotel rate. However, after making the booking the confirmation read – “Cancellations at this hotel may be non-refundable. Please contact us for more information.” I asked the Funjet agent to call up the hotel and ask what the cancellation policy is, but the reservation had just been made and hadn’t passed over to the hotel though. He told me to contact the hotel myself the next day.

A few weeks later, I called Funjet again to ask what the hotel cancellation policy was. After an hour on the phone, the Funjet agent told me he got transferred and disconnected by the hotel so I should call the hotel up myself. So I did, but the hotel informed me the reservation was made through Funjet and refused to tell me what the cancellation policy was. The hotel said the cancellation policy has already been provided to Funjet and to ask Funjet. I then called Funjet a third time about the hotel cancellation policy. The Funjet agent spoke with the hotel and told me as long as I cancel by Nov 9 (4 days prior to arrival), it was fully refundable and she put notes on the reservation about who she spoke with at the hotel.

The following day (on Nov 9) I called Funjet to cancel the reservation for my client and the Funjet agent said he had to call up the hotel again to re-confirm the hotel cancellation policy. He spoke with the hotel and got the same information as the previous agent, but then said he needed an email from the hotel stating hotel cancellation policy before processing the cancellation. He forgot to ask for the name of the hotel person he spoke with, which he should have done, so he had to call the hotel back. After an hour on the phone with him, while waiting for him to get the name at the hotel, our phone got disconnected and he never called me back even though I provided my call back number.

A few hours later, I called Funjet and asked another Funjet agent to cancel the reservation. She said the hotel is not an issue, it is refundable if we cancel today. She gave me the exact amount of Future Travel Credit my client would be receiving - $4105.43. A few days later Funjet set me $280 in Future Travel Credit. So I called Funjet again about why the Future Travel Credit was completely wrong. I was told that the hotel needs to send an email stating the hotel cancellation policy because Funjet processed the hotel as 100% non-refundable. This happened after all the phone calls verifying the hotel cancellation policy. So I spent an hour on the phone waiting for the Funjet agent to get an email from the hotel.

After receiving the email form the hotel, the Funjet agent told me he had to attach it as a file into a form for accounting to reprocess the Future Travel Credit. However, his system doesn't allow him to create a file to attach. I spent another hour on the phone waiting for the Funjet agent to figure out how to attach the hotel email as a file to the form for accounting. I spent extra two hours on the phone to get the correct Future Travel Credit amount for my client because Funjet can’t figure out the hotel cancellation policy. All in all, I wasted 8 hours of my life on the phone calling Funjet because Funjet didn’t know what the hotel cancellation policy was, and processed the cancellation incorrectly as 100% non-refundable when it was refundable.

2. Funjet never exchanged/reissued my client's airline tickets when they changed their dates. The day prior to departure, my clients went online to check-in and discovered their flights were cancelled and they had nothing booked. Evidently the Funjet agent that did the change didn't complete the form to request tickets to be exchange/reissued. I had to frantically call in and hold for 30 minutes while they got someone in the air department to exchange the ticket. If you have any itinerary changes, check directly with the airline to ensure Funjet actually reissued the tickets for you.

3. Funjet agents overcharged one reservation $900 and tried to overcharge another reservation by $600 because they don't know how to choose the lowest price for a specific room category. Make sure you go online and view the pricing before calling up Funjet to do an itinerary change. On one reservation, there were 3 different price points for the exact same room category. Instead of choosing the lowest price, the Funjet agent chose the highest price. This happened on 2 different reservations. Do your own price research first directly on Funjet’s website.

4. Funjet agents refuse to assist when they are supposed to. When my client tested Covid positive and needed to change his dates, I asked Funjet to contact the hotel to request a waiver on the hotel cancellation fee. The agent refused to and told me to contact the hotel directly myself. So I did, and the hotel easily agreed to a waiver when I provided the Covid positive document as proof. However, the hotel said that the reservation is through Funjet, so Funjet is required to submit in waiver request directly to the hotel, it can't go through me. I had to call up Funjet again to ask them to do it again.

After changing the dates to the following week, my client still tested positive from the virus though he was symptom free, so I had to change the date again, further out. I called up Funjet to change the dates a second time and the agent refused to do allow me to change it. He said I am only allowed one change per reservation. This is NOT true. 4 other agents had told me I can do changes when needed, there is not rule you are only allowed 1 change. I had to call back and get another agent who was willing to help. You may have to call back numerous times to get an agent willing to assist you because some of them aren't willing to when they are supposed to.

5. Funjet agent messed up on trying to charge payment for the change and almost lost availability. Wasted an hour of my life on the phone. To begin with, I couldn't hear the agent between a loud church bell outside his open window, his dog continuously barking, and his child screaming, crying, yelling, and talking not once but throughout the hour on the phone. Besides his unprofessionalism, when we finally got to the payment screen, I had to give the street address like 6 times before he understood it, his English was not good. I was afraid he typed something wrong with the payment information.

When he tried to charge the card, payment was declined. Instead of verifying the payment information with me to ensure he got it all correct, he first blamed the Funjet system. All, the entire system is down, no one can make any payments. This wasn't true at all. Then he decided to go out of the booking and try to do the whole thing again. However, when he tried this, the availability was gone, and we could no longer book it. I recommend you quickly insist on verifying payment information because an agent tries to go out of the reservation and redo everything, causing you to lose availability.

6. Funjet agent didn't put proper notes on the reservation even though I had requested it 3 separate times. I was going to be out of town over the weekend, and my client needed to do a last minute change because he never got his passport. I spoke with Funjet and requested 3 times in the phone call to properly note the reservation that I give approval for my client to call in directly and make the change over the weekend. The client assured me he would but never did. When my client called in to do the change, Funjet wouldn't let him, he spent 4 hours on the phone trying to get it done. I had to contact Funjet again while out of town. I would just emphasize you make sure the notes you requested are on the reservation before hanging up if it's something important.

7. Funjet agents gave me wrong information multiple times. I was given the wrong date to cancel by to avoid cancellation penalties, the wrong cancellation penalty amount, and the wrong date that transfers had to be added onto the reservation by. I suspected they were wrong when they didn't match up with what I was seeing on the confirmation and in the Terms and Conditions. You can't trust the agents to give you right information.

Funjet response

Hi Lori, please send us an email to funjetsocial@funjet.com with your booking number so we can best assist! Thanks!

Original review: Nov. 1, 2021

I so regret not reading the reviews prior to booking my vacation. WARNING DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY, they do not care to accommodate their customers when they provide incorrect information. Covid is new to everyone and understand Funjet that we all are adjusting. We never asked for refund just for you to allow postponing a few months. You have proven that you're only out for the money. I may not shut your company down but I definitely will get the word out. Word of mouth can make or break a company and I'm going to do my part to ensure on every platform that you are exposed to who you really are. You don't deserve any stars, karma is definitely coming back your way one way or another.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2021

I had scheduled a trip with FunJets in April of 2020. Due to COVID it was cancelled and was issued a “credit” of 125% at a later date. Then fast forward to now when I went to use it and they said my credit was given to another person planned to go on the trip on accident and used all my $1,250 worth of credit. Then proceeded to tell me they couldn’t do anything about it and that I was just out the money I paid. Also, 2 hour plus wait time for outsourced nonsense that is not helpful AT ALL!! ZERO ZERO ZERO STARS!!!

Funjet response

Hi Derek! Please send us an email to funjetsocial@funjet.com with your booking number so we can best assist!

Original review: Oct. 18, 2021

I ALWAYS book through major airlines sites but wanted a direct flight so I gave Funjet a try. I booked funjet through UVC, and unfortunately I had to cancel my reservation 22 days from departure. The flight was being conducted on Allegiant air whose cancellation policy is is ONE WEEK (168 HOURS) prior to travel. The representative I spoke to a the phone who continued saying "because you are within 30 days of travel, your cancellation fee is 100% non refundable"... Just say, "We won't give you your money back nor transfer you to a later booking." I can understand forfeiture of the fare but not refunding for "upgrades" and "prepaid luggage fees" is completely unacceptable.

The representative I spoke with told me that I could reach out to an escalation department (via email) and plead my case because I was cancelling for extenuating circumstances... The email addresses provided was a dead link (mailer daemon). Directing me to an email channel when I am already on the phone (after being on hold for an hour and a half to talk to some) is a nice tricky way to get someone off the phone so they stop bothering you... So basically I was told, "here, email someone who cares...no one". Had I booked any other major airline I would have been well within their cancellation period. I will never book with this company again and recommend others beware.

Funjet response

Hi Nicholas, please send us an email at funjetsocial@funjet.com so we can assist!

Original review: Sept. 17, 2021

30 hours after booking my Florida weekend trip with Funjet, I followed up with the airline to check for reservations and discovered that my booked flight which Funjet sold to me was not on airline schedule. I reached out to Funjet, submitted pictures of the airline schedules and asked for details about my flight, but Funjet reassured me that there were no changes to my original booking, all remained the same. If I would have been informed that there was a change to my flight I would have not continued with my full payment. And at that time, I still had the option to add Travel Protection Plus premium since it can be added within 7 days of initial deposit. (As stated in Funjet General Cancellation Terms&Conditions.)

18 days after my inquiry with funjet and shortly after I made final payments, ALG sent an email informing us of a change in the departure flight but never informed us of a cancelled return flight. After getting stories from Funjet that flights are not refundable and not guaranteed, I reached out to the airline, with proof that Funjet sold us flights that were not available with the airline to begin with and Funjet staff misinformed us about the flights when we inquired about it within 30 hours from booking. Airline agreed to full refund to the original method of payment. (You hear about of these sorts of scam from third party vendors but now this is Funjet). Funjet is denying a refund to my credit card for the land portion (even though the hotel has a cancellation policy 3 days prior to arrival we are 6-7 weeks away). Funjet is charging me $200.00 for cancelled reservation, accusing me of a voluntary cancellation. I did not cancel my reservations, funjet did.

They emailed me about changes weeks later after having information from the airline, failed to notify me of a cancelled flight (as confirmed with airline) and refused to provide alternative airline. CS representative herself told me that all I need to do is to cancel and start looking for a new package with a new airline. Funjet sold a service which was not available at the time of booking and have not taken any measures to provide an alternative airline since the originally booked airline does not have flights available on our scheduled dates. How is this a voluntary cancellation? I don’t want to cancel I want to go on my trip.

This appears like a scam to me! I cannot believe that I am dealing with ALG, with an elite travel group. I have never received such unprofessional customer service. One of the reasons I use ALG, and not other booking options because of their long experience in the industry and expecting an exceptional CS but it is not the case with Funjet. When I ask to speak to a supervisor, CSR refuses to put a supervisor on call. A few times the call was dropped by CS. I spend days and long hours on the phone pushed from department to department. When I ask for email addresses, they provide invalid emails. Submitted many emails with proof of all documents and no one there cares to review anything, they all respond like robots with the same memorized response and without any courtesy to the customers.

How do they get away with this? Most people forget that ALG, Apple Leisure Group now acquired by Hyatt owns and operates under Funjet, Apple Vacations, Cheapcarribbean and many other such as United and Southwest vacations (so don’t be fooled when you think those are separate companies and you are booking with their competitors). Regretfully, not! Seems like a Monopoly to me.

Funjet response

Hi Anna! Please send us an email at funjetsocial@funjet.com so we can assist you!

Funjet Company Information