2. Travel
  3. Travel Agencies

2.0/5 (147 ratings)

About Funjet

Funjet Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Funjet?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Funjet?

Original review: April 19, 2021

I booked a trip in September 2019 for April 2020. We all know what happened in March 2020. I received notification from FunJet that I didn't cancel, that I would be given the price of my trip plus a 25% bonus to use for future travel good through 12/15/21. I then received an email that my "credit" including bonus, was 750, which was odd, since I paid 1000 for my trip. When I called, after waiting 3 hours on hold I was told that I cancelled my trip. I said, "No, actually I did not, the airline and the hotel cancelled." So after talking to 3-4 different people, I was told that I would be getting a credit of 1254. The full price plus the 25%.

I was told to call when I was ready to book, again, by December 2021. I then received an email saying that I can now book online with my credit. So I logged in this morning to look at vacations, since I'm getting married this year, and low and behold, I only have a credit of 754! After talking to someone (Luis) in customer service, I was told the time to use that credit was January 2021, even though I have emails stating otherwise. After talking to him for over an hour, the best I got was a refund for the full balance was requested, but could take 1 week to 4 weeks. I requested an email saying that I would in fact be given a refund of the full amount I paid. He sent me an email saying that I had called requesting one, but could not confirm it would be given. I requested to speak to a supervisor multiple times and was denied. I am beyond angry.

Original review: March 28, 2021

I was told that I was buying comprehensive insurance for 240 dollars for two people and that I would receive a full refund minus the cost of insurance if I had to cancel. I received a “travel credit” instead. I was lied to by my agent because if I would have known that then I would not have booked. Now I’m stuck with Funjet and I already don’t trust them.

Resolution response: March 28, 2021

I received a response from the parent company of Fun Jet and they assure me I will receive a full refund with 60 days. I will be checking my card statement for my reimbursement. Thank you Consumer Affairs for your help in resolving this.

Original review: March 15, 2021

Updated on 06/02/2021: I had written a review and thought my problem had been resolved. I was assured by Funjet that my money was being refunded within 60 days. Well, that didn't happen, it's now been 67 days. I reached out to the person that e-mailed me and have received no response. I am now going to contact my credit card company for a charge back. I guess I should have done that back in November, 2020 when I started all this back and forth nonsense. I am extremely disappointed in this company. And when I received my e-mail response from them, I was also surprised to find out they are also affiliated with Apple Vacations. I hope Apple Vacations isn't going down the same path as Funjet. Apple used to be a good, honest company to deal with.

Updated on 03/27/2021: Fun Jet did reply to my original review but as of this date, March 27, I still have no resolution and no e-mail within 48 hours as promised on March 23. I am beyond frustrated with this company. I do appreciate that I can get responses thru this site, although since the company has not responded to my last response, I am unable to continue the conversation that way. I want my refund as do many people on here, but the company seems to just want to ignore us before resolution can be made.

Original Review: I made a reservation in May 2020 to travel in January 2021. I canceled our trip on November 19, 2020 because of Covid. I was told at the time that I could rebook my trip for a later date without a problem and I would receive an e-mail to instruct me how to do that. The e-mail never came. I e-mailed them to request the information and all I got in return was a form letter stating it can take 90 days to process a refund. I then called and was told that the trip was non refundable and I had no credit issued to rebook the trip either. I was on hold for over 30 minutes and then got disconnected. I am still waiting for some form of response, but I'm sure it will never come. I'm glad I only paid the deposit and not the full amount for the trip. I will NEVER book thru Funjet again. I used them years ago and had no issues. During a pandemic they should work with customers. That should be required by law.

Original review: March 11, 2021

Booked a package to Cancun for travel 3/13-3/16/21. Have been trying to contact customer service via email and phone as one member exposed to COVID and cannot travel. Online there no option on Funjet website to modify booking and request refund for flight or hotel which is possible to do only through the booking agency. Efforts to connect by phone has been the worst experience to say the least. You wait time instead of decreasing only keeps increasing.

When I contacted the emergency number was told that is only for use during travel, by which time I will not be able to get any credit back as it will be past the cancellation policies for hotel or flight for the member not traveling. These are stressful times for travel and this experience has made it even more stressful. I really hope the company makes changes to provide acceptable customer service to their clients if they are getting paid. My efforts to make changes by directly contacting the hotel and airlines have been futile as they cannot do anything when booking made through the agency

Original review: Jan. 26, 2021

On January 29, 2020, I booked a vacation to Cozumel for my son's 16th birthday. The resort that we were booked to stay at closed due to Covid. We decided to stay at another resort in Cozumel instead. Without any notice, Funjet canceled our flights. I contacted our travel agent and we were able to get things straight and rebook our flights. Once that was taken care of the second resort in Cozumel closed due to COVID. We then decide to book Jamaica instead. Due to COVID we had to cancel that trip and requested a refund.

I confirmed that on October 26, 2020, the trip was canceled and a refund was requested. Customer service is terrible!!! After sitting on the phone for hours, when you finally do get someone on the phone, they tell you that your refund is being processed and that you will receive it in 60-90 days. We are still yet to receive a refund!!! After reading all of the reviews I fear that Funjet will go bankrupt before we are ever able to get our refund!! Please be advised, never to book a vacation thru Funjet!

Original review: Jan. 22, 2021

I canceled my trip in May due to Covid. I paid $250 for insurance to make sure my money would be fully refunded. I booked through a travel agent. I was told 2-3 weeks. Then 60-90 days by travel agent. They were supposedly backed up! I called them several times and NEVER got through. The account I used was closed so I gave specific instructions to travel agent to have a check mailed to me. I was informed in December by travel agent that they sent the refund to my closed account on November 12!

I called and my bank has no knowledge of this check that was supposedly electronically sent to them. Meanwhile my stimulus goes to that account they contact me and I pick it up....lol.... According to the travel agent Funjet refuses to issue another check until my bank sends the transaction back. Excuses, excuses! I still have no refund and my bank still has not received it. These people are bogus! If anyone is willing to join me in a lawsuit I surely wouldn't mind. They should be exposed. If people canceling booking why don't they have OUR money we have already paid! Please go with another company!!!!

Original review: Jan. 7, 2021

I have been waiting on a refund since March, 2020. It's been impossible to get a straight answer, other than "still processing". There are no disputes on the refund, just taking a very very long time.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2020

Based off my experience, PLEASE avoid doing business with @funjetvacations!!! I've been very patient and calm about to this entire refund process for a trip that I didn't even go on, and honestly, I’m so tired of being told to be patient or to continue to wait after a said time to expect my refund has passed!!! My trip was canceled in April by the airline due to COVID-19!! My group was told to wait 90 days from then, and we would receive a full refund! When the 90 days passed, we were told to wait another 2 weeks, but still nothing!!!! From that point we were instructed to dispute, which was denied because @funjetvacations informed my bank my dispute was invalid because my trip was not refundable, only for @funjetvacations to then come back to tell my travel agent, that I am indeed due a full refund amount and I needed to wait another 2 weeks for an emergency refund!!! That was on 9/21/20.

Needless to say, today 10/5/20, I still DO NOT HAVE MY REFUND!!! I’ve sent multiple emails, have called only to be place on hold for literally HOURS!!! This is UNACCEPTABLE!!! — ✨If you know anyone that is currently working with FunJet, or considering to do business with them! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DO NOT!! ——— ???? Avoid the headache!!!? ———

Original review: Oct. 1, 2020

My husband and I cancelled a trip to Jamaica, June 10, 2020, due to pandemic, no refund as of today, 10/1/2020. Funjet said it will take up to 90 days which will be 10/14/2020. 90 days?! That's ridiculous and makes no sense. I already went to the attorney general, my next step if I do not see a refund is court, social media, and my local area news. I think they are going to close down and run with all our money. My interaction with them is via Facebook messaging I have it all in writing that I will receive a refund. All of us who did not receive refunds need to sue and blast them everywhere including your local news. Buyer beware!!

Original review: Sept. 30, 2020

I’m a travel agent. I book a trip to Curaseal for six people. The trip was a good value, then covid hit. I spent hours on the phone for days talking to numerous agents to cancel. Finally after speaking to a supervisor, I was assured my client would receive a $900 refund. We waited three months, no refund. I called today and after hours on hold, I was told there was a misunderstanding and THERE WOULD BE NO REFUND. This was not misunderstanding, this is bad business. No matter how good it looks, don’t be fooled.

Funjet Company Information