2. Travel
  3. Travel Agencies

1.9/5 (153 ratings)

About Funjet

Funjet Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Funjet?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Funjet?

Original review: June 9, 2021

Do NOT book with this agency. They are giving false information on their website. I purchased a inclusive trip to Mexico from 06/23/2021-06/27/2021. I also purchased the traveler's insurance as stated on their websites for emergencies and things come up that prevents some people from making their trip. They stated they give refunds OR you can use the payment for another trip. They are money hungry scammers. I was unable to get my passport back due to issues beyond my control.

Contacted them weeks in advance. They advised me someone can take my place and the names be changed or I could get my refund. None of this happened! I had someone in place ready to take my spot to make it an easy transition and change of names and she would give me the payment for what I paid, then told after that they could not. Then when I explained to get my refund or even a credit to go somewhere in state those same days to use them, they told me NO. I would have to pay a $300 fee with them and would only get a $600 credit. I was also told I could not even book an in state trip during the same time so they still get business and I still get to take a trip. They did not allow either.

WHY IN THE HECK would I want a credit with them after the lies told on the website and all the nonsense I had to endure from them due to an emergency beyond my control. I will NEVER use them again. Now I'm in a panic and trying to see if any options what can I do to get my refund. I don't want their funky $600 credit when I paid almost $1200 for the trip. I am so disappointed in the lies and false advertisement. I will NEVER book or refer any customers to them. You all should be ashamed, especially when some customers take all the proper steps.

Original review: May 18, 2021

I reserved a vacation for May 26, 2021 - June 2, 2021. I reserved it back in September 2020. There was initially a party of 7. 2 of our passengers are not able to travel due to illness. I called Funjet to remove the 2 from the booking. I was told that there is a $200 cancellation fee. I figured it would be deducted from the cost of the flight tickets. It was never explained to me that I needed to pay an additional $200 to cancel the flights. I just happened to look at my account with Funjet and the reservation could not be viewed. I had to call them back.

At that time, I was informed that I needed to pay $200 by the end of the business day or I risked losing my booking. I was told that after I pay the $200 I would receive travel credit. Well, after paying fees, I attempted to get information on travel credit and was told that that package did not qualify for travel credit. It would have been better to just let the Sears on the plane go empty. It would have saved $200. Beware before doing business with this company.

Original review: May 10, 2021

Where do I even start. Not only did this company completely ruin a our honeymoon trip of over 2 years, but they also refused to return money until we spoke to a supervisor and never let us speak to one! Somehow this company has managed to make it this far without any type of internal communication or customer service skills. We contacted this company over 10 times and stayed on phone for at least an hour each time to fix the mistake they made when they cancelled our trip without making sure our room would be available for us to rebook at an earlier time.

The incompetence of the workers at this company is infuriating and downright unprofessional. I don’t recommend ever working with this company unless you want your vacation to be the most difficult experience of your life. Not only are they now not returning our money, but they have not offered one single time to compensate us somehow for our troubles, that they themselves caused. 0/5 stars if I could.

Original review: May 5, 2021

I would not wish this company upon my worse enemy. I canceled a trip 2 months in advance due to a severe illness in the family because of COVID. They told me they could only refund $900 of the $2400 I paid... Keep in mind this is with a 2 month notice... I was then told the refund would take 30-40 days and it's now been 2 months with no refund. I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND not doing business with this company. They place no value on their customer, zero empathy for what's going on in people's lives, and simply only care about money.

Original review: April 24, 2021

I booked an all-inclusive trip for 2 to Cabo back in 2019, pre-pandemic. The trip was to happen in June of 2020. Obviously due to Covid-19, everything was shut down & travel bans were & still are in place. I began calling to obtain a refund in March. The website provided information on how they were handling this, including giving a 25% discount on future travel if you did not cancel your trip. However, when I spoke with Funjet they stated that not being charged a re-booking fee is what equates to 25% & there is no 25% discount on future travel. So, in essence, you were getting nothing.

They said that the airlines, including American where I had my flights were charging a $200 fee per person for cancellations, even with what was occurring due to Covid-19. I got nowhere & they did nothing, but say that, "You had through December 2021 to travel." Approximately a week later there was an investigative report on the news about vacation agencies claiming, FALSELY, that airlines were charging $200 fees per person if a trip/flight was being cancelled. They had quotes & representatives from airlines, including American stating that the airline WAS NOT & IS NOT charging ANY fees for cancelling flights due to the global pandemic.

Obviously Funjet lied. My travel agent, still will not advocate for me to get a refund & only states that I have until December 2021 to travel. Even though non-essential travel is not recommended. That is also aside from the fact that people's idea of a vacation is not to be at a resort wearing a mask, fearful of contracting Covid-19 due to exposure.

I see that I am not alone in this situation. I have been very patient because this pandemic has impacted so many people and businesses. However, this pandemic was not known, it is not our or my fault. I and everyone else deserve 100% of our money back and to not have it held hostage by an unscrupulous company. I cannot wrap my head around the fact that a large company is allowed to essentially steal money from so many people? Let alone as we all face difficult times during an unprecedented global pandemic. Please assist me and everyone else get 100% of our money back! I cannot afford to be out thousands of dollars. PLEASE HELP!

Original review: April 20, 2021

My travel agent booked through Funjet for a trip I wanted to send my parents on. They've never been on a trip so this was a special occasions. With no reason provided, Spirit canceled their flights. When we asked Funjet to refund the amount, they would only do so with a $200 penalty, which is unacceptable. We did not change the itinerary, Spirit canceled the flights. If I do not receive a full refund within 30 days, I plan to take legal action.

Original review: April 19, 2021

I booked a trip in September 2019 for April 2020. We all know what happened in March 2020. I received notification from FunJet that I didn't cancel, that I would be given the price of my trip plus a 25% bonus to use for future travel good through 12/15/21. I then received an email that my "credit" including bonus, was 750, which was odd, since I paid 1000 for my trip. When I called, after waiting 3 hours on hold I was told that I cancelled my trip. I said, "No, actually I did not, the airline and the hotel cancelled." So after talking to 3-4 different people, I was told that I would be getting a credit of 1254. The full price plus the 25%.

I was told to call when I was ready to book, again, by December 2021. I then received an email saying that I can now book online with my credit. So I logged in this morning to look at vacations, since I'm getting married this year, and low and behold, I only have a credit of 754! After talking to someone (Luis) in customer service, I was told the time to use that credit was January 2021, even though I have emails stating otherwise. After talking to him for over an hour, the best I got was a refund for the full balance was requested, but could take 1 week to 4 weeks. I requested an email saying that I would in fact be given a refund of the full amount I paid. He sent me an email saying that I had called requesting one, but could not confirm it would be given. I requested to speak to a supervisor multiple times and was denied. I am beyond angry.

Original review: March 28, 2021

I was told that I was buying comprehensive insurance for 240 dollars for two people and that I would receive a full refund minus the cost of insurance if I had to cancel. I received a “travel credit” instead. I was lied to by my agent because if I would have known that then I would not have booked. Now I’m stuck with Funjet and I already don’t trust them.

Resolution response: March 28, 2021

I received a response from the parent company of Fun Jet and they assure me I will receive a full refund with 60 days. I will be checking my card statement for my reimbursement. Thank you Consumer Affairs for your help in resolving this.

Original review: March 15, 2021

Updated on 06/02/2021: I had written a review and thought my problem had been resolved. I was assured by Funjet that my money was being refunded within 60 days. Well, that didn't happen, it's now been 67 days. I reached out to the person that e-mailed me and have received no response. I am now going to contact my credit card company for a charge back. I guess I should have done that back in November, 2020 when I started all this back and forth nonsense. I am extremely disappointed in this company. And when I received my e-mail response from them, I was also surprised to find out they are also affiliated with Apple Vacations. I hope Apple Vacations isn't going down the same path as Funjet. Apple used to be a good, honest company to deal with.

Updated on 03/27/2021: Fun Jet did reply to my original review but as of this date, March 27, I still have no resolution and no e-mail within 48 hours as promised on March 23. I am beyond frustrated with this company. I do appreciate that I can get responses thru this site, although since the company has not responded to my last response, I am unable to continue the conversation that way. I want my refund as do many people on here, but the company seems to just want to ignore us before resolution can be made.

Original Review: I made a reservation in May 2020 to travel in January 2021. I canceled our trip on November 19, 2020 because of Covid. I was told at the time that I could rebook my trip for a later date without a problem and I would receive an e-mail to instruct me how to do that. The e-mail never came. I e-mailed them to request the information and all I got in return was a form letter stating it can take 90 days to process a refund. I then called and was told that the trip was non refundable and I had no credit issued to rebook the trip either. I was on hold for over 30 minutes and then got disconnected. I am still waiting for some form of response, but I'm sure it will never come. I'm glad I only paid the deposit and not the full amount for the trip. I will NEVER book thru Funjet again. I used them years ago and had no issues. During a pandemic they should work with customers. That should be required by law.

Original review: March 11, 2021

Booked a package to Cancun for travel 3/13-3/16/21. Have been trying to contact customer service via email and phone as one member exposed to COVID and cannot travel. Online there no option on Funjet website to modify booking and request refund for flight or hotel which is possible to do only through the booking agency. Efforts to connect by phone has been the worst experience to say the least. You wait time instead of decreasing only keeps increasing.

When I contacted the emergency number was told that is only for use during travel, by which time I will not be able to get any credit back as it will be past the cancellation policies for hotel or flight for the member not traveling. These are stressful times for travel and this experience has made it even more stressful. I really hope the company makes changes to provide acceptable customer service to their clients if they are getting paid. My efforts to make changes by directly contacting the hotel and airlines have been futile as they cannot do anything when booking made through the agency

Original review: Jan. 26, 2021

On January 29, 2020, I booked a vacation to Cozumel for my son's 16th birthday. The resort that we were booked to stay at closed due to Covid. We decided to stay at another resort in Cozumel instead. Without any notice, Funjet canceled our flights. I contacted our travel agent and we were able to get things straight and rebook our flights. Once that was taken care of the second resort in Cozumel closed due to COVID. We then decide to book Jamaica instead. Due to COVID we had to cancel that trip and requested a refund.

I confirmed that on October 26, 2020, the trip was canceled and a refund was requested. Customer service is terrible!!! After sitting on the phone for hours, when you finally do get someone on the phone, they tell you that your refund is being processed and that you will receive it in 60-90 days. We are still yet to receive a refund!!! After reading all of the reviews I fear that Funjet will go bankrupt before we are ever able to get our refund!! Please be advised, never to book a vacation thru Funjet!

Original review: Jan. 22, 2021

I canceled my trip in May due to Covid. I paid $250 for insurance to make sure my money would be fully refunded. I booked through a travel agent. I was told 2-3 weeks. Then 60-90 days by travel agent. They were supposedly backed up! I called them several times and NEVER got through. The account I used was closed so I gave specific instructions to travel agent to have a check mailed to me. I was informed in December by travel agent that they sent the refund to my closed account on November 12!

I called and my bank has no knowledge of this check that was supposedly electronically sent to them. Meanwhile my stimulus goes to that account they contact me and I pick it up....lol.... According to the travel agent Funjet refuses to issue another check until my bank sends the transaction back. Excuses, excuses! I still have no refund and my bank still has not received it. These people are bogus! If anyone is willing to join me in a lawsuit I surely wouldn't mind. They should be exposed. If people canceling booking why don't they have OUR money we have already paid! Please go with another company!!!!

Original review: Jan. 7, 2021

I have been waiting on a refund since March, 2020. It's been impossible to get a straight answer, other than "still processing". There are no disputes on the refund, just taking a very very long time.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2020

Based off my experience, PLEASE avoid doing business with @funjetvacations!!! I've been very patient and calm about to this entire refund process for a trip that I didn't even go on, and honestly, I’m so tired of being told to be patient or to continue to wait after a said time to expect my refund has passed!!! My trip was canceled in April by the airline due to COVID-19!! My group was told to wait 90 days from then, and we would receive a full refund! When the 90 days passed, we were told to wait another 2 weeks, but still nothing!!!! From that point we were instructed to dispute, which was denied because @funjetvacations informed my bank my dispute was invalid because my trip was not refundable, only for @funjetvacations to then come back to tell my travel agent, that I am indeed due a full refund amount and I needed to wait another 2 weeks for an emergency refund!!! That was on 9/21/20.

Needless to say, today 10/5/20, I still DO NOT HAVE MY REFUND!!! I’ve sent multiple emails, have called only to be place on hold for literally HOURS!!! This is UNACCEPTABLE!!! — ✨If you know anyone that is currently working with FunJet, or considering to do business with them! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DO NOT!! ——— ???? Avoid the headache!!!? ———

Original review: Oct. 1, 2020

My husband and I cancelled a trip to Jamaica, June 10, 2020, due to pandemic, no refund as of today, 10/1/2020. Funjet said it will take up to 90 days which will be 10/14/2020. 90 days?! That's ridiculous and makes no sense. I already went to the attorney general, my next step if I do not see a refund is court, social media, and my local area news. I think they are going to close down and run with all our money. My interaction with them is via Facebook messaging I have it all in writing that I will receive a refund. All of us who did not receive refunds need to sue and blast them everywhere including your local news. Buyer beware!!

Original review: Sept. 30, 2020

I’m a travel agent. I book a trip to Curaseal for six people. The trip was a good value, then covid hit. I spent hours on the phone for days talking to numerous agents to cancel. Finally after speaking to a supervisor, I was assured my client would receive a $900 refund. We waited three months, no refund. I called today and after hours on hold, I was told there was a misunderstanding and THERE WOULD BE NO REFUND. This was not misunderstanding, this is bad business. No matter how good it looks, don’t be fooled.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2020

So my wife and I booked through a travel agent. We were supposed to go to Jamaica in May, but due to coronavirus we rescheduled for July. Then American Airlines cancelled our return flight, so we had to book a new flight and adjust our dates. Then, we found out the week before we were to go on vacation, our resort wasn't even open yet. We cancelled our trip on July 2, we were set to leave July 8. We were told that we would get our money back minus certain fees and that the process would take 60 days. American Airlines dinged us 400 dollars, so all together we would get back 2800 and some change. But they are processing refunds based on your booked travel date, not when you cancel. So as of today, we are at day 85. Day 60 if you take off weekends.

We did purchase the insurance, and as of today they are now submitting an escalation form to see why we haven't received our refund yet. This whole thing is absolutely ridiculous! We were told by our agent if we haven't received our refund by the end of September to let her know. Still nothing. We will NEVER use a travel agent or any other "middleman" again!

Original review: Sept. 14, 2020

Any experience you have with this company is anything but FUN and if you are considering using them or working with a travel agent who uses them for booking... JET and fast!!! We booked a vacation to Mexico that was supposed to take place mid March 2020 and paid $4,136.80. Of course the pandemic prevented us from going in March so we rescheduled our trip to July 2020. Naturally the pandemic did not allow us to travel so we finally gave in and said, "Let's cancel our trip and get our money back." Since we have the travel protection plan, our travel agent said we would receive our money back minus the travel protection plan so essentially we are owed $3974.82 refunded back to us.

The process to cancel our trip started in May 2020 and took at least 30 days. We finally received our trip cancellation confirmation on June 12th - Confirmation#:**. The communication was that it would take 60 days for FunJet to process the cancellation and another 30 days for our credit card company to put back on our card. I should have known this was fishy because as with many travel entities that I've booked trips with, the duration to process a refund does not exceed 30 days. Nonetheless, FunJet has my money so what can I do but wait.

Well it's been 90 plus days and we DO NOT have our $3974.82!!! FunJet has not refunded us any money back and I'm at the point of engaging with the North Carolina Consumer Protection Division and my attorney to fight against this scam and fraud. A class action lawsuit needs to be filed against this company and Apple Vacations. Their business practice is unethical and illegal. How do you take someone's money and not refund them when they have opted to cancel. Of course our travel agent had a baby and is MIA so I can't anywhere on that end, leading me to take independent legal action against this company. I've been patient for 5 months trying to collect my hard earned money back. Enough is enough. Best believe that I'll be spreading the word on every media outlet possible.... STAY AWAY FROM FUNJET!!!

Original review: Sept. 12, 2020

I had a trip planned to Dubai April 2, 2020. Due to the pandemic, our trip was cancelled. We were told by our travel agent who worked day and night to get our refund back that she was told by Funjet that over 70 customers had to cancel their trip just to get a partial refund. Those of us who had purchased the travel insurance did not cancel. The travel insurance stated Cancel For Any Reason for a FULL REFUND. My roommate and myself did not cancel, the airlines cancel our trip due to no flights going into Canada. We have tried numerous times to contact Funjet for a refund, but was told that they could not talk to us, they could only talk to the travel agent we went through. Mind you, they had NO problems charging our credit cards.

They recently told my travel agent that they would not be refunding any money. They left the travel agent, which is a small business in a terrible situation. My roommate and I basically gave over $2000 for absolutely no reason. We don’t want a credit, we want our money back. I am praying that someone tell us what we can do to get our money back. I urge you not to use this company for any travel purposes. This is your hard earn money and your memories in jeopardy of being lost and ruined if you use this company. Never again funjet!

Original review: Aug. 18, 2020

Booked a vacation before the pandemic and then my vacation was cancelled, but not by me. Tried to get a Refund and Funjet will only give you a portion of your refund. If you used Uplift to pay for your vacation you will not only be out of your vacation money but you will still end of owing Uplift for a vacation you didn't take. Stay away from this company!!!

Original review: Aug. 13, 2020

I am a travel agent, who booked a group trip for 16 to Aruba for May 2020. Unfortunately, the group was unable to travel due to COVID-19. I requested to cancel the trip on April 6th and was told that refunds could take up to 90-days. It's now August 13th and we're still awaiting refunds. I have called Funjet numerous time, only to be told that the refunds are still being processed. Their customer service and the lack of knowledge or empathy is deplorable! The time spent waiting on hold to speak to a rep is disregarded and disrespectful, only for someone to pick up and disconnect the call.

I have written negative reviews on Yelp, Consumer Affairs, the BBB and their social media platforms. They have no sense of urgency to get consumers what's rightfully theirs. This displays horrible customer service! I was told by Amanda (social media PR) that our refunds were going to be expedited and someone from groups would be in contact with me; that's a lie! I have yet to hear from anyone and this was over two weeks ago. Travel agents are losing consumer's trust and business behind this manner. I have suggested that my clients file disputes with their banks and credit card companies. I would NOT recommend ANYONE to use Funjet Vacations, not even to book a trip to the bathroom. Funjet Vacations need to be removed from the travel industry immediately!!!

Original review: Aug. 11, 2020

Updated on 08/16/2020: Customer service is horrible. I wrote a review and they replied and said they wanted to contact me. I gave them my information, and never heard from them. They are just out to get your money. Book with someone else.

Original: My March 2020 Jamacia trip was canceled due to COVID and they did not refund my airfare. American Airlines told me they gave Funjet a full refund. I have been calling them for months, but keep getting hung up on. When I called Funjet on 8/7/20, they had me on hold for over 3 hours, when I asked to speak to a supervisor they hung up on me. I am out $250. I had a trip canceled with Travelocity and they gave me a full refund within 2 weeks. Royal Caribbean also gave me a full refund. Do no book with Funjet.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2020

I purchased a vacation in April aware that travel might be limited in December when I planned to travel so, I purchased the travel protection plus which also guarantees that I would receive the lower price if I found any other price. The representative was not willing to honor even the Funjet advertised price! (which I find outrageous! At the very least you should honor even your own prices.) I requested to escalate my concern and the rep wanted to be argumentative! When the rep did finally listen to my concern she saw the price match and tried to charge a new travel protection plus fee which I argued against since we are not booking a new vacation just trying to get you to honor the price on your website! Which eventually after speaking with a supv she had to do! I would not recommend and will not book through company again!

Original review: July 31, 2020

We booked a trip for a family of 4 about a year in advance of our travel date to Hawaii, and purchased travel insurance at the time of booking. Due to COVID19 (which did not surface until months after we had booked), we had to cancel the trip and did so about 2 months prior to our travel date. We cancelled due to Hawaii having stay at home orders and quarantine restrictions for travelers. Our travel date has now passed, and Hawaii still has these restrictions, so I am glad we cancelled when we did. Getting refunded through FunJet has been a nightmare, however. I have spoken with different representatives who have given me different answers (even so much as replying to emails with "I don't know why person below told you that"). We're about 90 days now after I had requested a refund, and still haven't received any money back.

I received an email this week that our refund is now being processed and to expect it within another 30 days. However, even though we purchased travel insurance and we have canceled due to the pandemic and Hawaii's restrictions beyond our control, we are only being issued a partial refund. They've stated the best they can do is to give us a partial refund, or a credit for the full amount if we choose to reschedule (but need to do so before the end of the calendar year, and who knows what restrictions will exist in a couple of months). I understand that these are different times, but their customer service throughout this has been less than ideal, and this was not a small expense. If given the choice, I would not choose to book with them again and wouldn't advise others too, either.

Original review: July 9, 2020

With covid we were unable to travel. We called and requested a refund over 30 days before travel dates to be told that they were not doing any refunds and that they don't care that there is a travel ban going on. 1494.94 is what we paid them and they will not refund it. We were supposed to travel back in May. I've called customer service several times and they are beyond rude. Please read other reviews before you use Funjet.

Original review: July 6, 2020

HORRIBLE!!!! That is the best way to explain this company, I wish I would of looked up their reviews before booking a trip with them. I thought going through a travel agent would make things work smoothly, unfortunately, it is quite the opposite of that. We booked a anniversary trip to Spain for September 2020 unfortunately COVID19 happened, a "global pandemic" right? Well Funjet obviously does not think it's a proper excuse to cancel a trip. We canceled in April and we are now in July and yet no refund! Worse thing is we had travel insurance that we purchased for a situation like what is going on in our world now, and they are saying everything from flights to hotel are non-refundable! I am so upset and have reached out to corporate to have this fixed, and yet have not received any phone call or any remittance to my concern. Hope this company goes under, awful that so many people are on the same boat as we are.

Original review: July 3, 2020

My group, of 8 women, booked a Funjet trip to Cancun. We all purchased insurance that Funjet offered. Funjet canceled our trip but did not refund the insurance! So they made $110 from each of us. Is this even legal? We all feel ripped-off and do not know steps to take from here.

Original review: July 3, 2020

Due to the coronavirus I had to cancel my scheduled vacation for May 2020 for Mother’s Day. I booked through a travel agent. On April 4, 2020 my agent submitted my request for my refund. The travel insurance was purchased. Today is July 3 and still no refund.

Original review: June 30, 2020

Do not use FunJet. Worse travel company ever and do not let your travel agent use them. Thieves or are making a killing off of COVID-19. Bought the travel insurance and agreed to them keeping it although we could not travel to the region and the flights were canceled. Then when it came time to receive the refund minus the travel insurance after 90 days funds were not returned on extra money that was paid. Filing a complaint with the Attorney General.

Original review: June 6, 2020

I booked our Family Vacation February for travel, June 13-20, 2020. May 18 found the exact vacation priced $1389.12 cheaper; therefore, I all required documentation as outlined on the website and spent countless hours holding and speaking several reps (on recorded lines): First, Larura ** then Zaiza (no last name provided) then Jorge **. - (It appears that Funjet intentionally delayed numerous responses and contacts) because according to Jorge, we did not have an option to cancel and book through Expedia, as the penalty would be forfeit of our entire payment. Jorge escalated to Linda in New Town Square Pennsylvania office. (out of the office, spoke with her colleague)

Lastly, George ** who informed me that his supervisor Susan ** and her manager Jennifer ** stated that Funjet is unable to honor the price match but could apply $100 as a 'goodwill' gesture as a credit to each bookings; ** & ** due to the Price Match Plus rejecting the price match request. When asked for specifics reasoning for the reject, George was unable to provide. He stated "they just rejected and did not provide a reason." I questioned, with all required documents were provided as outlined on your website? Without addressing my question, he advised that a reach back out to FJVCompMatch@applelg.net (this would be the 6th request) to request an explanation regarding the reject reason.

We paid $8563.49 for a family of 11, the price difference equates to a total $1389.12, and Funjet refuse to honor their'price match policy' but offered to apply a $200 "goodwill" gesture; Goodwill accordingly to whom's standards? With trustworthiness would eliminate the need for 'goodwill', if you would honor your promise to your customers. This company rips off consumers, save yourself some energy, time and money and stay away from Funjet Vacations.

Funjet Company Information