2. Travel
  3. Travel Agencies

1.9/5 (149 ratings)

About Funjet

Funjet Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Funjet?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Funjet?

Original review: Oct. 1, 2020

My husband and I cancelled a trip to Jamaica, June 10, 2020, due to pandemic, no refund as of today, 10/1/2020. Funjet said it will take up to 90 days which will be 10/14/2020. 90 days?! That's ridiculous and makes no sense. I already went to the attorney general, my next step if I do not see a refund is court, social media, and my local area news. I think they are going to close down and run with all our money. My interaction with them is via Facebook messaging I have it all in writing that I will receive a refund. All of us who did not receive refunds need to sue and blast them everywhere including your local news. Buyer beware!!

Original review: Sept. 30, 2020

I’m a travel agent. I book a trip to Curaseal for six people. The trip was a good value, then covid hit. I spent hours on the phone for days talking to numerous agents to cancel. Finally after speaking to a supervisor, I was assured my client would receive a $900 refund. We waited three months, no refund. I called today and after hours on hold, I was told there was a misunderstanding and THERE WOULD BE NO REFUND. This was not misunderstanding, this is bad business. No matter how good it looks, don’t be fooled.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2020

So my wife and I booked through a travel agent. We were supposed to go to Jamaica in May, but due to coronavirus we rescheduled for July. Then American Airlines cancelled our return flight, so we had to book a new flight and adjust our dates. Then, we found out the week before we were to go on vacation, our resort wasn't even open yet. We cancelled our trip on July 2, we were set to leave July 8. We were told that we would get our money back minus certain fees and that the process would take 60 days. American Airlines dinged us 400 dollars, so all together we would get back 2800 and some change. But they are processing refunds based on your booked travel date, not when you cancel. So as of today, we are at day 85. Day 60 if you take off weekends.

We did purchase the insurance, and as of today they are now submitting an escalation form to see why we haven't received our refund yet. This whole thing is absolutely ridiculous! We were told by our agent if we haven't received our refund by the end of September to let her know. Still nothing. We will NEVER use a travel agent or any other "middleman" again!

Original review: Sept. 14, 2020

Any experience you have with this company is anything but FUN and if you are considering using them or working with a travel agent who uses them for booking... JET and fast!!! We booked a vacation to Mexico that was supposed to take place mid March 2020 and paid $4,136.80. Of course the pandemic prevented us from going in March so we rescheduled our trip to July 2020. Naturally the pandemic did not allow us to travel so we finally gave in and said, "Let's cancel our trip and get our money back." Since we have the travel protection plan, our travel agent said we would receive our money back minus the travel protection plan so essentially we are owed $3974.82 refunded back to us.

The process to cancel our trip started in May 2020 and took at least 30 days. We finally received our trip cancellation confirmation on June 12th - Confirmation#:**. The communication was that it would take 60 days for FunJet to process the cancellation and another 30 days for our credit card company to put back on our card. I should have known this was fishy because as with many travel entities that I've booked trips with, the duration to process a refund does not exceed 30 days. Nonetheless, FunJet has my money so what can I do but wait.

Well it's been 90 plus days and we DO NOT have our $3974.82!!! FunJet has not refunded us any money back and I'm at the point of engaging with the North Carolina Consumer Protection Division and my attorney to fight against this scam and fraud. A class action lawsuit needs to be filed against this company and Apple Vacations. Their business practice is unethical and illegal. How do you take someone's money and not refund them when they have opted to cancel. Of course our travel agent had a baby and is MIA so I can't anywhere on that end, leading me to take independent legal action against this company. I've been patient for 5 months trying to collect my hard earned money back. Enough is enough. Best believe that I'll be spreading the word on every media outlet possible.... STAY AWAY FROM FUNJET!!!

Original review: Sept. 12, 2020

I had a trip planned to Dubai April 2, 2020. Due to the pandemic, our trip was cancelled. We were told by our travel agent who worked day and night to get our refund back that she was told by Funjet that over 70 customers had to cancel their trip just to get a partial refund. Those of us who had purchased the travel insurance did not cancel. The travel insurance stated Cancel For Any Reason for a FULL REFUND. My roommate and myself did not cancel, the airlines cancel our trip due to no flights going into Canada. We have tried numerous times to contact Funjet for a refund, but was told that they could not talk to us, they could only talk to the travel agent we went through. Mind you, they had NO problems charging our credit cards.

They recently told my travel agent that they would not be refunding any money. They left the travel agent, which is a small business in a terrible situation. My roommate and I basically gave over $2000 for absolutely no reason. We don’t want a credit, we want our money back. I am praying that someone tell us what we can do to get our money back. I urge you not to use this company for any travel purposes. This is your hard earn money and your memories in jeopardy of being lost and ruined if you use this company. Never again funjet!

Original review: Aug. 18, 2020

Booked a vacation before the pandemic and then my vacation was cancelled, but not by me. Tried to get a Refund and Funjet will only give you a portion of your refund. If you used Uplift to pay for your vacation you will not only be out of your vacation money but you will still end of owing Uplift for a vacation you didn't take. Stay away from this company!!!

Original review: Aug. 13, 2020

I am a travel agent, who booked a group trip for 16 to Aruba for May 2020. Unfortunately, the group was unable to travel due to COVID-19. I requested to cancel the trip on April 6th and was told that refunds could take up to 90-days. It's now August 13th and we're still awaiting refunds. I have called Funjet numerous time, only to be told that the refunds are still being processed. Their customer service and the lack of knowledge or empathy is deplorable! The time spent waiting on hold to speak to a rep is disregarded and disrespectful, only for someone to pick up and disconnect the call.

I have written negative reviews on Yelp, Consumer Affairs, the BBB and their social media platforms. They have no sense of urgency to get consumers what's rightfully theirs. This displays horrible customer service! I was told by Amanda (social media PR) that our refunds were going to be expedited and someone from groups would be in contact with me; that's a lie! I have yet to hear from anyone and this was over two weeks ago. Travel agents are losing consumer's trust and business behind this manner. I have suggested that my clients file disputes with their banks and credit card companies. I would NOT recommend ANYONE to use Funjet Vacations, not even to book a trip to the bathroom. Funjet Vacations need to be removed from the travel industry immediately!!!

Original review: Aug. 11, 2020

Updated on 08/16/2020: Customer service is horrible. I wrote a review and they replied and said they wanted to contact me. I gave them my information, and never heard from them. They are just out to get your money. Book with someone else.

Original: My March 2020 Jamacia trip was canceled due to COVID and they did not refund my airfare. American Airlines told me they gave Funjet a full refund. I have been calling them for months, but keep getting hung up on. When I called Funjet on 8/7/20, they had me on hold for over 3 hours, when I asked to speak to a supervisor they hung up on me. I am out $250. I had a trip canceled with Travelocity and they gave me a full refund within 2 weeks. Royal Caribbean also gave me a full refund. Do no book with Funjet.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2020

I purchased a vacation in April aware that travel might be limited in December when I planned to travel so, I purchased the travel protection plus which also guarantees that I would receive the lower price if I found any other price. The representative was not willing to honor even the Funjet advertised price! (which I find outrageous! At the very least you should honor even your own prices.) I requested to escalate my concern and the rep wanted to be argumentative! When the rep did finally listen to my concern she saw the price match and tried to charge a new travel protection plus fee which I argued against since we are not booking a new vacation just trying to get you to honor the price on your website! Which eventually after speaking with a supv she had to do! I would not recommend and will not book through company again!

Original review: July 31, 2020

We booked a trip for a family of 4 about a year in advance of our travel date to Hawaii, and purchased travel insurance at the time of booking. Due to COVID19 (which did not surface until months after we had booked), we had to cancel the trip and did so about 2 months prior to our travel date. We cancelled due to Hawaii having stay at home orders and quarantine restrictions for travelers. Our travel date has now passed, and Hawaii still has these restrictions, so I am glad we cancelled when we did. Getting refunded through FunJet has been a nightmare, however. I have spoken with different representatives who have given me different answers (even so much as replying to emails with "I don't know why person below told you that"). We're about 90 days now after I had requested a refund, and still haven't received any money back.

I received an email this week that our refund is now being processed and to expect it within another 30 days. However, even though we purchased travel insurance and we have canceled due to the pandemic and Hawaii's restrictions beyond our control, we are only being issued a partial refund. They've stated the best they can do is to give us a partial refund, or a credit for the full amount if we choose to reschedule (but need to do so before the end of the calendar year, and who knows what restrictions will exist in a couple of months). I understand that these are different times, but their customer service throughout this has been less than ideal, and this was not a small expense. If given the choice, I would not choose to book with them again and wouldn't advise others too, either.

Funjet Company Information