1.8/5 (174 ratings)

About Funjet

Funjet Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Funjet?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Funjet?

Original review: March 11, 2021

Booked a package to Cancun for travel 3/13-3/16/21. Have been trying to contact customer service via email and phone as one member exposed to COVID and cannot travel. Online there no option on Funjet website to modify booking and request refund for flight or hotel which is possible to do only through the booking agency. Efforts to connect by phone has been the worst experience to say the least. You wait time instead of decreasing only keeps increasing.

When I contacted the emergency number was told that is only for use during travel, by which time I will not be able to get any credit back as it will be past the cancellation policies for hotel or flight for the member not traveling. These are stressful times for travel and this experience has made it even more stressful. I really hope the company makes changes to provide acceptable customer service to their clients if they are getting paid. My efforts to make changes by directly contacting the hotel and airlines have been futile as they cannot do anything when booking made through the agency

Original review: Jan. 26, 2021

On January 29, 2020, I booked a vacation to Cozumel for my son's 16th birthday. The resort that we were booked to stay at closed due to Covid. We decided to stay at another resort in Cozumel instead. Without any notice, Funjet canceled our flights. I contacted our travel agent and we were able to get things straight and rebook our flights. Once that was taken care of the second resort in Cozumel closed due to COVID. We then decide to book Jamaica instead. Due to COVID we had to cancel that trip and requested a refund.

I confirmed that on October 26, 2020, the trip was canceled and a refund was requested. Customer service is terrible!!! After sitting on the phone for hours, when you finally do get someone on the phone, they tell you that your refund is being processed and that you will receive it in 60-90 days. We are still yet to receive a refund!!! After reading all of the reviews I fear that Funjet will go bankrupt before we are ever able to get our refund!! Please be advised, never to book a vacation thru Funjet!

Original review: Jan. 22, 2021

I canceled my trip in May due to Covid. I paid $250 for insurance to make sure my money would be fully refunded. I booked through a travel agent. I was told 2-3 weeks. Then 60-90 days by travel agent. They were supposedly backed up! I called them several times and NEVER got through. The account I used was closed so I gave specific instructions to travel agent to have a check mailed to me. I was informed in December by travel agent that they sent the refund to my closed account on November 12!

I called and my bank has no knowledge of this check that was supposedly electronically sent to them. Meanwhile my stimulus goes to that account they contact me and I pick it up....lol.... According to the travel agent Funjet refuses to issue another check until my bank sends the transaction back. Excuses, excuses! I still have no refund and my bank still has not received it. These people are bogus! If anyone is willing to join me in a lawsuit I surely wouldn't mind. They should be exposed. If people canceling booking why don't they have OUR money we have already paid! Please go with another company!!!!

Original review: Jan. 7, 2021

I have been waiting on a refund since March, 2020. It's been impossible to get a straight answer, other than "still processing". There are no disputes on the refund, just taking a very very long time.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2020

Based off my experience, PLEASE avoid doing business with @funjetvacations!!! I've been very patient and calm about to this entire refund process for a trip that I didn't even go on, and honestly, I’m so tired of being told to be patient or to continue to wait after a said time to expect my refund has passed!!! My trip was canceled in April by the airline due to COVID-19!! My group was told to wait 90 days from then, and we would receive a full refund! When the 90 days passed, we were told to wait another 2 weeks, but still nothing!!!! From that point we were instructed to dispute, which was denied because @funjetvacations informed my bank my dispute was invalid because my trip was not refundable, only for @funjetvacations to then come back to tell my travel agent, that I am indeed due a full refund amount and I needed to wait another 2 weeks for an emergency refund!!! That was on 9/21/20.

Needless to say, today 10/5/20, I still DO NOT HAVE MY REFUND!!! I’ve sent multiple emails, have called only to be place on hold for literally HOURS!!! This is UNACCEPTABLE!!! — ✨If you know anyone that is currently working with FunJet, or considering to do business with them! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DO NOT!! ——— ???? Avoid the headache!!!? ———

Original review: Oct. 1, 2020

My husband and I cancelled a trip to Jamaica, June 10, 2020, due to pandemic, no refund as of today, 10/1/2020. Funjet said it will take up to 90 days which will be 10/14/2020. 90 days?! That's ridiculous and makes no sense. I already went to the attorney general, my next step if I do not see a refund is court, social media, and my local area news. I think they are going to close down and run with all our money. My interaction with them is via Facebook messaging I have it all in writing that I will receive a refund. All of us who did not receive refunds need to sue and blast them everywhere including your local news. Buyer beware!!

Original review: Sept. 30, 2020

I’m a travel agent. I book a trip to Curaseal for six people. The trip was a good value, then covid hit. I spent hours on the phone for days talking to numerous agents to cancel. Finally after speaking to a supervisor, I was assured my client would receive a $900 refund. We waited three months, no refund. I called today and after hours on hold, I was told there was a misunderstanding and THERE WOULD BE NO REFUND. This was not misunderstanding, this is bad business. No matter how good it looks, don’t be fooled.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2020

So my wife and I booked through a travel agent. We were supposed to go to Jamaica in May, but due to coronavirus we rescheduled for July. Then American Airlines cancelled our return flight, so we had to book a new flight and adjust our dates. Then, we found out the week before we were to go on vacation, our resort wasn't even open yet. We cancelled our trip on July 2, we were set to leave July 8. We were told that we would get our money back minus certain fees and that the process would take 60 days. American Airlines dinged us 400 dollars, so all together we would get back 2800 and some change. But they are processing refunds based on your booked travel date, not when you cancel. So as of today, we are at day 85. Day 60 if you take off weekends.

We did purchase the insurance, and as of today they are now submitting an escalation form to see why we haven't received our refund yet. This whole thing is absolutely ridiculous! We were told by our agent if we haven't received our refund by the end of September to let her know. Still nothing. We will NEVER use a travel agent or any other "middleman" again!

Original review: Sept. 14, 2020

Any experience you have with this company is anything but FUN and if you are considering using them or working with a travel agent who uses them for booking... JET and fast!!! We booked a vacation to Mexico that was supposed to take place mid March 2020 and paid $4,136.80. Of course the pandemic prevented us from going in March so we rescheduled our trip to July 2020. Naturally the pandemic did not allow us to travel so we finally gave in and said, "Let's cancel our trip and get our money back." Since we have the travel protection plan, our travel agent said we would receive our money back minus the travel protection plan so essentially we are owed $3974.82 refunded back to us.

The process to cancel our trip started in May 2020 and took at least 30 days. We finally received our trip cancellation confirmation on June 12th - Confirmation#:**. The communication was that it would take 60 days for FunJet to process the cancellation and another 30 days for our credit card company to put back on our card. I should have known this was fishy because as with many travel entities that I've booked trips with, the duration to process a refund does not exceed 30 days. Nonetheless, FunJet has my money so what can I do but wait.

Well it's been 90 plus days and we DO NOT have our $3974.82!!! FunJet has not refunded us any money back and I'm at the point of engaging with the North Carolina Consumer Protection Division and my attorney to fight against this scam and fraud. A class action lawsuit needs to be filed against this company and Apple Vacations. Their business practice is unethical and illegal. How do you take someone's money and not refund them when they have opted to cancel. Of course our travel agent had a baby and is MIA so I can't anywhere on that end, leading me to take independent legal action against this company. I've been patient for 5 months trying to collect my hard earned money back. Enough is enough. Best believe that I'll be spreading the word on every media outlet possible.... STAY AWAY FROM FUNJET!!!

Original review: Sept. 12, 2020

I had a trip planned to Dubai April 2, 2020. Due to the pandemic, our trip was cancelled. We were told by our travel agent who worked day and night to get our refund back that she was told by Funjet that over 70 customers had to cancel their trip just to get a partial refund. Those of us who had purchased the travel insurance did not cancel. The travel insurance stated Cancel For Any Reason for a FULL REFUND. My roommate and myself did not cancel, the airlines cancel our trip due to no flights going into Canada. We have tried numerous times to contact Funjet for a refund, but was told that they could not talk to us, they could only talk to the travel agent we went through. Mind you, they had NO problems charging our credit cards.

They recently told my travel agent that they would not be refunding any money. They left the travel agent, which is a small business in a terrible situation. My roommate and I basically gave over $2000 for absolutely no reason. We don’t want a credit, we want our money back. I am praying that someone tell us what we can do to get our money back. I urge you not to use this company for any travel purposes. This is your hard earn money and your memories in jeopardy of being lost and ruined if you use this company. Never again funjet!

Original review: Aug. 18, 2020

Booked a vacation before the pandemic and then my vacation was cancelled, but not by me. Tried to get a Refund and Funjet will only give you a portion of your refund. If you used Uplift to pay for your vacation you will not only be out of your vacation money but you will still end of owing Uplift for a vacation you didn't take. Stay away from this company!!!

Original review: Aug. 13, 2020

I am a travel agent, who booked a group trip for 16 to Aruba for May 2020. Unfortunately, the group was unable to travel due to COVID-19. I requested to cancel the trip on April 6th and was told that refunds could take up to 90-days. It's now August 13th and we're still awaiting refunds. I have called Funjet numerous time, only to be told that the refunds are still being processed. Their customer service and the lack of knowledge or empathy is deplorable! The time spent waiting on hold to speak to a rep is disregarded and disrespectful, only for someone to pick up and disconnect the call.

I have written negative reviews on Yelp, Consumer Affairs, the BBB and their social media platforms. They have no sense of urgency to get consumers what's rightfully theirs. This displays horrible customer service! I was told by Amanda (social media PR) that our refunds were going to be expedited and someone from groups would be in contact with me; that's a lie! I have yet to hear from anyone and this was over two weeks ago. Travel agents are losing consumer's trust and business behind this manner. I have suggested that my clients file disputes with their banks and credit card companies. I would NOT recommend ANYONE to use Funjet Vacations, not even to book a trip to the bathroom. Funjet Vacations need to be removed from the travel industry immediately!!!

Original review: Aug. 11, 2020

Updated on 08/16/2020: Customer service is horrible. I wrote a review and they replied and said they wanted to contact me. I gave them my information, and never heard from them. They are just out to get your money. Book with someone else.

Original: My March 2020 Jamacia trip was canceled due to COVID and they did not refund my airfare. American Airlines told me they gave Funjet a full refund. I have been calling them for months, but keep getting hung up on. When I called Funjet on 8/7/20, they had me on hold for over 3 hours, when I asked to speak to a supervisor they hung up on me. I am out $250. I had a trip canceled with Travelocity and they gave me a full refund within 2 weeks. Royal Caribbean also gave me a full refund. Do no book with Funjet.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2020

I purchased a vacation in April aware that travel might be limited in December when I planned to travel so, I purchased the travel protection plus which also guarantees that I would receive the lower price if I found any other price. The representative was not willing to honor even the Funjet advertised price! (which I find outrageous! At the very least you should honor even your own prices.) I requested to escalate my concern and the rep wanted to be argumentative! When the rep did finally listen to my concern she saw the price match and tried to charge a new travel protection plus fee which I argued against since we are not booking a new vacation just trying to get you to honor the price on your website! Which eventually after speaking with a supv she had to do! I would not recommend and will not book through company again!

Original review: July 31, 2020

We booked a trip for a family of 4 about a year in advance of our travel date to Hawaii, and purchased travel insurance at the time of booking. Due to COVID19 (which did not surface until months after we had booked), we had to cancel the trip and did so about 2 months prior to our travel date. We cancelled due to Hawaii having stay at home orders and quarantine restrictions for travelers. Our travel date has now passed, and Hawaii still has these restrictions, so I am glad we cancelled when we did. Getting refunded through FunJet has been a nightmare, however. I have spoken with different representatives who have given me different answers (even so much as replying to emails with "I don't know why person below told you that"). We're about 90 days now after I had requested a refund, and still haven't received any money back.

I received an email this week that our refund is now being processed and to expect it within another 30 days. However, even though we purchased travel insurance and we have canceled due to the pandemic and Hawaii's restrictions beyond our control, we are only being issued a partial refund. They've stated the best they can do is to give us a partial refund, or a credit for the full amount if we choose to reschedule (but need to do so before the end of the calendar year, and who knows what restrictions will exist in a couple of months). I understand that these are different times, but their customer service throughout this has been less than ideal, and this was not a small expense. If given the choice, I would not choose to book with them again and wouldn't advise others too, either.

Original review: July 9, 2020

With covid we were unable to travel. We called and requested a refund over 30 days before travel dates to be told that they were not doing any refunds and that they don't care that there is a travel ban going on. 1494.94 is what we paid them and they will not refund it. We were supposed to travel back in May. I've called customer service several times and they are beyond rude. Please read other reviews before you use Funjet.

Original review: July 6, 2020

HORRIBLE!!!! That is the best way to explain this company, I wish I would of looked up their reviews before booking a trip with them. I thought going through a travel agent would make things work smoothly, unfortunately, it is quite the opposite of that. We booked a anniversary trip to Spain for September 2020 unfortunately COVID19 happened, a "global pandemic" right? Well Funjet obviously does not think it's a proper excuse to cancel a trip. We canceled in April and we are now in July and yet no refund! Worse thing is we had travel insurance that we purchased for a situation like what is going on in our world now, and they are saying everything from flights to hotel are non-refundable! I am so upset and have reached out to corporate to have this fixed, and yet have not received any phone call or any remittance to my concern. Hope this company goes under, awful that so many people are on the same boat as we are.

Original review: July 3, 2020

My group, of 8 women, booked a Funjet trip to Cancun. We all purchased insurance that Funjet offered. Funjet canceled our trip but did not refund the insurance! So they made $110 from each of us. Is this even legal? We all feel ripped-off and do not know steps to take from here.

Original review: July 3, 2020

Due to the coronavirus I had to cancel my scheduled vacation for May 2020 for Mother’s Day. I booked through a travel agent. On April 4, 2020 my agent submitted my request for my refund. The travel insurance was purchased. Today is July 3 and still no refund.

Original review: June 30, 2020

Do not use FunJet. Worse travel company ever and do not let your travel agent use them. Thieves or are making a killing off of COVID-19. Bought the travel insurance and agreed to them keeping it although we could not travel to the region and the flights were canceled. Then when it came time to receive the refund minus the travel insurance after 90 days funds were not returned on extra money that was paid. Filing a complaint with the Attorney General.

Original review: June 6, 2020

I booked our Family Vacation February for travel, June 13-20, 2020. May 18 found the exact vacation priced $1389.12 cheaper; therefore, I all required documentation as outlined on the website and spent countless hours holding and speaking several reps (on recorded lines): First, Larura ** then Zaiza (no last name provided) then Jorge **. - (It appears that Funjet intentionally delayed numerous responses and contacts) because according to Jorge, we did not have an option to cancel and book through Expedia, as the penalty would be forfeit of our entire payment. Jorge escalated to Linda in New Town Square Pennsylvania office. (out of the office, spoke with her colleague)

Lastly, George ** who informed me that his supervisor Susan ** and her manager Jennifer ** stated that Funjet is unable to honor the price match but could apply $100 as a 'goodwill' gesture as a credit to each bookings; ** & ** due to the Price Match Plus rejecting the price match request. When asked for specifics reasoning for the reject, George was unable to provide. He stated "they just rejected and did not provide a reason." I questioned, with all required documents were provided as outlined on your website? Without addressing my question, he advised that a reach back out to FJVCompMatch@applelg.net (this would be the 6th request) to request an explanation regarding the reject reason.

We paid $8563.49 for a family of 11, the price difference equates to a total $1389.12, and Funjet refuse to honor their'price match policy' but offered to apply a $200 "goodwill" gesture; Goodwill accordingly to whom's standards? With trustworthiness would eliminate the need for 'goodwill', if you would honor your promise to your customers. This company rips off consumers, save yourself some energy, time and money and stay away from Funjet Vacations.

Original review: June 3, 2020

Worst customer service! This company is not giving full refunds for trips that were canceled due to COVID19, even when travel insurance was purchased. Sad that we paid for a trip to Ireland that we didn’t even go on!!

Original review: May 18, 2020

My husband and I had a trip booked to Cancun, set to leave March 25, 2020 for 7 days. Due to COVID and the border being shut down, obviously we weren't able to go and our trip was subsequently canceled (we purchased the trip insurance). We were told it could take UP TO 90 days to receive a refund! It has since been 56 days and still nothing. I keep sending e-mails to customer service because I know I won't get through on the phone, and all I receive back is an automatic response; blah blah blah. I don't understand why it's so hard to enter in the account information, the refund amount and be done with it. It sure didn't take them 90 days to take my money when we booked the trip!!! Will never use Funjet again.

Original review: April 28, 2020

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!! I had to cancel my trip due to the pandemic and I understood it may take longer than usual to get a refund. I was told 30 days, so I waited, no refund. Then I was told 35 days, no refund. No I am told 90 days. When I called to see why I couldn't get my refund in a timely manner, the very unhelpful customer service person told me we are having an "unprecedented pandemic". We sure are, one in which individuals get to carry the burden. My credit card company is not waiving my interest fees, I get to pay those while this company drags its feet and my family and I don't get to go on a trip. However, this company will TAKE your money, just not give it back. Oh, and of course, I can't get the trip insurance fees back despite it being an unprecedented pandemic. BEWARE of this place!!!! I'm sure there are better ones out there.

Original review: April 27, 2020

I had an arranged family vacation to Punta Cana, Dominican Republic via a travel agent who uses Funjet Vacations. The trip dates were scheduled for March 18, 2020 - March 25, 2020. We had consulted with our travel agent days before leaving as to whether we should go with the COVID virus. (It was my husband & I and our 3 kids; 14, 12 & 10.) They called Funjet to let us know that if we rescheduled it would cost us and additional $1600. So we chose to go.

Needless to say our trip was cut short by 2 days due to travel restrictions to the country. Not that we were getting 1/10th of the experience we had anticipated for the nearly $6000 we had spent on this once in a lifetime vacation. Upon our return we requested reimbursement through our agent for the 2 days we had missed out on (even though we were forced to go), and as of today April 27th, 2020 we still haven't seen 1 penny and zero communication from anybody. Such a tremendous disappointment all the way around!!! Travelers, do your homework unless you can afford to "donate" your money.

Original review: April 26, 2020

I had booked a vacation in January to NYC. Scheduled for 3/23/20. I called on 3/17/20 to cancel and waited on hold for 94 minutes. My hotel rooms were to be refunded within 7-14 days. My flights through the airline were converted to etickets. I checked my CC on 3/31 and no refund. Emailed a Funjet and was sent a generic email stating they were backed up and would get back to me by phone within 24-48 hours. Didn’t happen. Emailed again and was sent another generic email stating my refund would take up to 90 days. I have emailed them 4 more times. Same response. Still no refund. I reported them to the BBB. I will never use them again.

Original review: April 14, 2020

I was suppose to travel 3/23/20 with my daughter to Jamaica (hotel only package). I called daily for one week prior to departure and waited for over 3+ hrs each day but never reached anyone. Forced to cancel online and now wait time is over 5 hrs. It’s been nearly 30 days with no refund and no way to know if I’m even getting one. It’s $1400. No response to emails or email comes back undeliverable. I have used Funjet many times before but never again. This company has caused me tremendous stress when it’s already a very stressful time for all. Now they’re offering 25% off next trip purchased but wait time is even longer! No problem reaching airlines but how can I rebook a trip when they still have my money? I won’t!

Initially I was calling to reschedule but was forced to cancel on the last day before penalties would incur. Now I just want my money back. Unbelievably stressful. I didn’t want to cancel, I had no choice due to the virus! I’m at a complete loss at this point as I’ve been trying to contact them for 29 straight days! Unacceptable business practice.

Original review: March 31, 2020

I am a travel agent with YTB and I have booked several trips with Funjet aka Marc travel and I’m dissatisfied with this company. I booked a trip in the beginning of May for a customer to Vegas and the hotel will not be open and they are so money hungry that will not give her the money back. I spoke to a supervisor named Monica who told me that the hotel will open up April 2 and I said, "That’s funny. I’m looking at the website and they said they’re still gonna be close," so she told a lie just so she could keep the customer's money then she looks at the website and says, "Oh it says April 30 now." She’s looking real stupid now because she told a lie. It has to be another company that pays monthly besides VAX. And if it’s not we the travel agents should get together and start a honest company because this company is not cooperating through the coronavirus. Please don’t book another reservation with vax.

Original review: March 27, 2020

Do not use Funjet Vacations and do not let your travel agent book through them. With the Covid-19 virus travel alerts, we were not able to go to the Bahamas for my daughter's Senior spring break. Upon calling our travel agent, we lost $200 per person for the flight, even though we couldn’t fly out of the U.S. and $50 per person for the hotel. So a total of $1000 loss, not due to us canceling. But because of the Covid-19. The insurance that we purchased was just a scam.

Original review: March 25, 2020

Do not use this company to book your vacation. Make sure your travel agent is not using this company to book anything. The Covid-19 virus forced us to cancel our large group travel and the company would not give us a full refund even though there was no way of flying to our destination. They then tried to implement a new rule about how much they would charge us if we did indeed cancel the trip. THE AIRLINES were not flying to that destination and the country said they did not want anyone coming since they now had reported cases. DO NOT USE FUNJET! Book directly with the hotel as they WILL refund the money. This company is DISHONEST!

Funjet Company Information