3.8/5 (122 ratings)

About Easy Jet

Easy Jet Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Easy Jet?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Easy Jet?

Original review: May 13, 2022

We were flying from Preveza which we had visited to buy a boat. We were sitting at the front of the plane having paid extra for the experience. Service started at the rear of the plane so that those at the front had no choice. When food arrived we're told only two of the options were available. Later whilst awaiting to use the toilet one of the unavailable options was taken through the pilot door! Flight itself was OK.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2022

If you want your holidays to get spoiled even before it starts make sure you book your flight with EasyJet. As the name suggest it's easy for them to do anything e.g. rip you off for every single bag you carry, talk down to you like you are some kind of dust on the floor, no respect from ANY members of staff whether it's ground staff or air crew. Just awful. I personally think it pains them so much to be pleasant to their passengers. The HR Dept has some serious reevaluation to do with their recruitment as this is not what customers expect or want to be treated after paying money for the service. Maybe their policies are cheap flight but also cheap service and they do follow that without fail.

I have travelled so many countries but NEVER EVER encountered such rude and bad mannered staffs in my entire life. So appalled by the whole experience. My first time with EasyJet but also my last time with them. I would rather pay more money and get the respect and service my whole family deserves. After the pandemic, one would think thank God they got their job back and now they will value and cherish that job and go above and beyond to keep the airline afloat and to succeed but blimey they are hell bent to do the opposite. They don't respect their own jobs so how can they respect their customers.

I wouldn't be surprised if this airline gets a reputation of being tacky, cheap and disgustingly staffed. I am so shocked that I still can't believe how people like these lots got a job in the airline. Piece of advise for HR, put some more effort into screening your staffs when recruiting as they are meant to uplift and represent your brand not tarnish and bring it to the floor which let me tell you they are doing a fantastic job at that.... For now airline to be avoided at any cost unless you like to be pushed around and mistreated.

Get buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2021

I booked 2 tickets 28th Dec on Easyjet Gatwick to Geneva to go to France for New Year. I booked Easy Jet insurance in case things went wrong and I could not go. I am a flightclub member and TYPICALLY spend thousands a year on Easy Jet flights. France banned UK residents from coming to France so now we cant go - we are not allowed - IT IS ILLEGAL!

Easyjet will not refund the flights as it is to Geneva (airport is Swiss & French) as it's not France!!!! Easy Jet insurance claims they do not cover this either. Hence this review - I booked Easy Jet to try to help them after their pandemic woes - with insurance in case it went wrong. Easyjet are not doing the right thing and refunding flights when a country tells you "YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO COME HERE!!"

This is completely outrageous behaviour for any Easyjet customer who has booked in good faith - They are showing the ultimate bad faith to their customers. I spoke to Flightclub customer service who told me I could have a voucher. But with insurance I would have to call the insurance number to get a refund. After a few days i got thru to Insurance who told me my insurance did not cover governments telling me I couldn't go to their country! I then called Flightclub back who then said no voucher was available as I was flying to Geneva - not directly into France! So all I could get back was my taxes! This is completely dodgy and so "below the belt" that it means you cannot trust Easy Jet - they used to be like this but had been better - I tried to support them - and they have kicked me in the teeth. If you are in a similar situation please complain as this is outrageous behaviour!

Original review: Nov. 14, 2021

Never again with EasyJet. The deal is never worth it! Standard hand luggage isn't accepted anymore, unless you pay an extra fee of 24 English pounds per trolley. Think twice, and choose a different airline and save yourself the trouble of missing your flight or the extra payment.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2021

Upon arrival at the gate in Crete Greece EasyJet employees charged €29 from everyone with an handbag/trolley although it's the standard size approved on their website!!! This is a scandal, a shame for this airline to earn this way, many of the passengers protested, but they were threatening that they would just leave without us, we were forced to pay for 6 persons €174!!! Funny thing is that when you paid you could take you trolley on board! Never again flying with this airline.

Original review: April 30, 2021

Easy Jet lost my luggage on an hour flight from Portugal to Madrid last year before pandemic hits. No help at all from their customer service. I had to ask the guy from the ticketing desk to help us find my luggage but of course we didn't find it. I submitted a claim online and after over a year of back & forth emails, they finally paid me $324 only for my whole luggage which has all the stuff I bought from Portugal. I was devastated, frustrated and felt so helpless. I don't understand how they have no trace where my luggage went or maybe someone took it. It was me and the other passenger from California that lost a luggage, both of us from USA. I will never recommend this airline to anyone even if it's cheap because of my traumatic experience and the poor customer service.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2021

I knew it was a bad company, I mean it’s cheap but you pay the price for it. I bought a ticket in November as I had an event coming up. I was obligated to cancel my flight because of the lockdown. I called and someone said I had to pay to cancel or change the dates. However it is the country that was in a lockdown! I called again until someone made the change for free. I got my ticket postponed to January, however EasyJet changed my first flight to a Friday instead of the Saturday I was supposed to take off. I had to make a change again. I called and explained that I didn’t need my flight anymore as the event I needed to go to was done. They said I can’t have my money back. Ok then I asked for a voucher since I don’t know when I’ll be traveling again. The lady on the phone said I couldn’t have one. I have to pick a random date.

When this random date arrived, I wasn’t able to fly. I wanted to make a change again but they asked me to pay 60€ for each flight which doesn’t make any sense as 120€ is 70% of the price I paid for my tickets. Then the guy tells me I could have asked for a voucher!!!! I am super pissed! No one can tell you the exact same info and now I’ve lost my money without flying. They don’t even care about their passengers, all they care about is making sure they still have their money since they know they are bad. That’s stealing to me. Anyway, it was going to be my first experience with them. Now I'd rather pay more and fly with a serious company.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2021

Easyjet gave me problems. I have a flight from Seville to Gatwick on 7th of March which I want to change it and it is supposed I would have to pay the change difference. It doesn't happen. I tried to managed the booking for 23rd of April, same destination, and there is no fee difference, deduction. I have to pay the whole flight, all the price. I tried to call to customer service but they cannot do nothing. Even, there is more expensive. I asked if there is a possibility to speak with IT as it could be a mistake from the website but they said no. Conclusion. Easyjet is not flexible and I felt like I was theft as I have to pay a whole new flight when they specified only the difference fare to be pay. Easyjet - Difficultjet.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2020

I was denied boarding from this flight, they said I had the wrong covid-19 test even though I had a negative test taken within 72 hours of the flight as stated. I have contacted customer service multiple times to try to get a refund or at least the reason I was denied boarding in documentation so I can submit it to my travel insurance company, but cannot get a response back, except one stating that the reason I was denied boarding was that I showed the test on my phone, which I know to be false because I saw plenty of people do the same thing and be denied boarding and there is no policy on their website on what kind of test to take or that it can't be shown on a phone.

I lost a business opportunity and hundreds of euros in accommodation and travel expenses in Spain. I will never fly this airline again, even if I have to take layovers to avoid it, and I hope after continuing to reach out, one day they'll have the decency to give me a legitimate reason for being denied boarding.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2020

Another Covid complaint. We were legally unable to travel to France to catch this flight. Easyjet sent me an email confirming we would receive a refund. After a month of nothing I called. 2 calls to the UK (at charges) and told (even though I have an email from them confirming my refund would occur) I would only receive the taxes back. I had booked 6 tickets for my family so it's not a small amount. And despite THEIR email confirming my refund they tell me now, "sorry, you'll only get the taxes back" and that's a system email. So sorry. Absolute crap. I received refunds from American Airlines, Air France, Airbnb, Booking.com and Sixt. Only this portion they refuse to refund. Needless to say will never book on easyjet in the future, not that they care.

Easy Jet Company Information