2. Travel
  3. Airlines

4.0/5 (159 ratings)

About Easy Jet

Easy Jet Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Easy Jet?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Easy Jet?

Original review: April 30, 2021

Easy Jet lost my luggage on an hour flight from Portugal to Madrid last year before pandemic hits. No help at all from their customer service. I had to ask the guy from the ticketing desk to help us find my luggage but of course we didn't find it. I submitted a claim online and after over a year of back & forth emails, they finally paid me $324 only for my whole luggage which has all the stuff I bought from Portugal. I was devastated, frustrated and felt so helpless. I don't understand how they have no trace where my luggage went or maybe someone took it. It was me and the other passenger from California that lost a luggage, both of us from USA. I will never recommend this airline to anyone even if it's cheap because of my traumatic experience and the poor customer service.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2021

I knew it was a bad company, I mean it’s cheap but you pay the price for it. I bought a ticket in November as I had an event coming up. I was obligated to cancel my flight because of the lockdown. I called and someone said I had to pay to cancel or change the dates. However it is the country that was in a lockdown! I called again until someone made the change for free. I got my ticket postponed to January, however EasyJet changed my first flight to a Friday instead of the Saturday I was supposed to take off. I had to make a change again. I called and explained that I didn’t need my flight anymore as the event I needed to go to was done. They said I can’t have my money back. Ok then I asked for a voucher since I don’t know when I’ll be traveling again. The lady on the phone said I couldn’t have one. I have to pick a random date.

When this random date arrived, I wasn’t able to fly. I wanted to make a change again but they asked me to pay 60€ for each flight which doesn’t make any sense as 120€ is 70% of the price I paid for my tickets. Then the guy tells me I could have asked for a voucher!!!! I am super pissed! No one can tell you the exact same info and now I’ve lost my money without flying. They don’t even care about their passengers, all they care about is making sure they still have their money since they know they are bad. That’s stealing to me. Anyway, it was going to be my first experience with them. Now I'd rather pay more and fly with a serious company.

Get buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2021

Easyjet gave me problems. I have a flight from Seville to Gatwick on 7th of March which I want to change it and it is supposed I would have to pay the change difference. It doesn't happen. I tried to managed the booking for 23rd of April, same destination, and there is no fee difference, deduction. I have to pay the whole flight, all the price. I tried to call to customer service but they cannot do nothing. Even, there is more expensive. I asked if there is a possibility to speak with IT as it could be a mistake from the website but they said no. Conclusion. Easyjet is not flexible and I felt like I was theft as I have to pay a whole new flight when they specified only the difference fare to be pay. Easyjet - Difficultjet.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2020

I was denied boarding from this flight, they said I had the wrong covid-19 test even though I had a negative test taken within 72 hours of the flight as stated. I have contacted customer service multiple times to try to get a refund or at least the reason I was denied boarding in documentation so I can submit it to my travel insurance company, but cannot get a response back, except one stating that the reason I was denied boarding was that I showed the test on my phone, which I know to be false because I saw plenty of people do the same thing and be denied boarding and there is no policy on their website on what kind of test to take or that it can't be shown on a phone.

I lost a business opportunity and hundreds of euros in accommodation and travel expenses in Spain. I will never fly this airline again, even if I have to take layovers to avoid it, and I hope after continuing to reach out, one day they'll have the decency to give me a legitimate reason for being denied boarding.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2020

Another Covid complaint. We were legally unable to travel to France to catch this flight. Easyjet sent me an email confirming we would receive a refund. After a month of nothing I called. 2 calls to the UK (at charges) and told (even though I have an email from them confirming my refund would occur) I would only receive the taxes back. I had booked 6 tickets for my family so it's not a small amount. And despite THEIR email confirming my refund they tell me now, "sorry, you'll only get the taxes back" and that's a system email. So sorry. Absolute crap. I received refunds from American Airlines, Air France, Airbnb, Booking.com and Sixt. Only this portion they refuse to refund. Needless to say will never book on easyjet in the future, not that they care.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2020

I booked flights with Easy Jet like I have done for the last 10+ years but due to coronavirus they were cancelled by easyJet!! 5 months on and no refund of my hard earned money. EasyJet should be ashamed. Anyone else would be down for theft.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2020

Beware of Easy Jet scamming you with the weight of your Luggage. Is the 3rd time now at Lisbon Airport that Easy Jet before anything has 5Kg more weight than the real/actual weight of your luggage, so they can charge you €15 per extra kg. We have weighted our Luggage in the Hotel and at the Airport before checking-in the Luggage. We had 21.5kg at 23kg allowance. Easy Jet member of staff told us that we have 4kg too much and we need to pay €60.00 additional.

I have asked to speak to his manager and showed him the picture of us with the display of the luggage at the scale which showed 21.5kg. That's theft, criminal and scamming their loyal Customer. We will be raising and opening an Europe wide Legal Case against Easy Jet Limited! That's just the last thing you do to loyal Customers who have been with you since 10 years! Be careful people. When we asked to speak to his Manager and exposed him that we will call the police for theft. He went pink in the face and said it's fine and checked in the Luggage. Would he do that if I was in the wrong?

Original review: Aug. 12, 2020

I've used EasyJet many times in the past, but never had to contact their Customer Support until now. We had a flight cancelled due to the COVID-19 pandemic and subsequent lockdown in the UK. My wife made the booking, and when the flight was cancelled she was emailed saying she could take a voucher for the full value of the flight (no mention of refund), which she did. After a bit of Googling, we learned you had to call and request a refund over the phone, which I did, and the person I spoke to said they'd "reversed" the voucher and applied a refund instead but that it would take up to 3 months to appear back in our bank account.

4 months later and we still have no refund, so I called them back today and they're claiming they have no record of this conversation and that it's not possible for vouchers to be reversed to refunds. As it was done over the phone, we're now at the mercy of their call recording software to see whether they have a record of this call and what I was told - I guarantee that the recording of this call will have been "lost".

Original review: July 14, 2020

We booked an international trip before COVID 19. This week we should have been in Ireland And traveling towards Belfast. Our destination country will not let United States citizens in until maybe August; well after our trip would have ended. Since we are still in the United States we shall be unable to make our EasyJet flight out of Belfast. Not so easy. Jet had a security breach. Their website does not let me cancel the flight. I have been locked out of the system as my password has been changed and not by me. I have spent days on hold with crappy music trying to get through.

Original review: March 30, 2020

My flight from London to Cairo was cancelled, and I had to change my flight in order to come back to the Belfast city on the same day. I checked in, and I paid for my bags. I went to my gate in order to get my flight and at the gate it was two ladies were checking in the passenger. The woman called Denise, was very rude and extremely vulgar to me. I had my small bag and my small laptop with me. I was shocked when I heard that. I think this sort of attitude is suitable only for a member of bandit gang not for an Easy Jet staff member. Pay to pass. Otherwise you won't pass. I told her that I came from Belfast with my laptop without any problem, and she is rudely repeated her message again and when I told her that, "You are really rude" she went mad and she said that, "I will call the captain, and you are not going to board."

The funny thing is, when the supervisor came to solve the problem I asked him to talk privately and he was clearly supporting his colleague without even listening to me as a customer who has a right to explain what happened. And they start to ask me to pay another £110 in order to use the next flight. It is unbelievable when you use easyJet for 7 years and suddenly you have such experiment with a team that unprofessionally acting as a gang. I won't fly with easyJet again and I will share my experience with others. I think the team working for easyJet in LGW airport will badly affect the business more than Corona virus.

Easy Jet Company Information