3.11/5

Looking for a travel site?

Easy Jet

Looking for a travel site?

Easy Jet Reviews

Original review: Sept. 25, 2019

Poor customer service. My husband and I had two carry on suit cases two small personal bags and one big checked luggage (paid for). When checked in before flight in Barcelona, staff members saw all our bags and never said a word about extra charges on bags before boarding flight. The staff member took our big checked luggage and looked at all our bags and said “enjoy your flight”. Our flight was delayed 30 mins so we didn't board until 1830. When it was time to line up to board the plane, a blonde hair woman staff looked at us and said she will charge us 60 euros for the carry on bag I have as she was counting my persona small bag as another bag. I asked her why no one told me about this issue downstairs when we were being checked in before security. She admitted it was their problem but she insisted we needed to pay. 60 euros?!! If I had known I would’ve paid for speedy boarding and pay a smaller amount compared to 60 euros!!

The blonde staff forwarded us to another staff member with dark hair overweight woman (outright description and fact) named Aziza. She was so rude. Did not even listen to what we had to say. I asked her why no one had told us downstairs about the extra charge and they saw all our bags and no one said a word! We felt set up and picked on because they wanted to charge me more money that I didn’t need to if I had known at the check in before even reaching the boarding gate floor. Picking on me because I’m not European?? I have a Canadian passport?? Aziza was so unprofessional offered no exception for us as customers! Instead she gave us such attitude for something that was not our fault! We had no idea that they would consider my Small personal item to be a luggage?! The language barrier was already so stressful but her attitude was the worst! I can’t believe Easy Jet hires and trains people like Aziza (from Barcelona airport).

You have lost us as customers and will never recommend this company! Your staff is very dishonest to not say anything in the beginning and then tell us in surprise just before boarding to embarrass us and take advantage of us!! Aziza was So rude and left us no choice as she threatened to not let us board if we did not pay this price! We felt robbed and felt our rights were violated! Such an unprofessional company such poor customer service! My husband and I were so stressed to miss our flight we just wanted to leave Barcelona after this horrible experience. We paid it in fear that Aziza will not let us board or lose our luggage a on purpose as she made this horrible experience so personal! She rolled her eyes and embarrassed us on purpose in front of all the other people boarding with us. What was her purpose? To rob us of our hard earned money and Insult us!

Original review: Aug. 31, 2019

Re: Easy Jet airline employees at Athens Greece. On August 27, 2019 our flight from Athens Greece to Gatwick, London at 12pm. We have the worst and horrible experience with the employees work for Easy Jet airline for check-in.. They give us NIGHTMARES & they are RACIST!!, because they deliberately pick on us. We are Asian descendants, but we are AMERICANS WITH AMERICANS PASSPORT! First, they said our carry-on is over size because of the wheel. They told us to break the wheel off, so we can bring as a carry-on, then they told us that they must charge $60 euro for each carry on. They won’t allow us to check-in our carry-on either, because they insisted that we have to pay for all of it! Then I pointed out to other passengers that they all have larger carry on, but they didn’t bother to ask none of other passengers at all. They totally ignore whatever we try to tell them, that we are allow to have one carry-on and one check-in.

But they all (including their manager) are started to threatening us that if we continue make scene, they will not allow us to be on the plane, which we didn’t make any scene, except we try to justify our right by apply to their airline baggage rules. But they kept said that we must pay $60 for each carry-on and must pay for all of our bag including my small cross-body bag. So at this point, I’m thinking that they not gonna follows their own airline regulation, because even their so-called manager also come and yelled at us like we are some kind of criminal, which we are their paid customer travelled to their country(Greece) to visit and spend our Americans dollar for to benefit their country. But they showed us NO RESPECT, NO RULES BY NOT FOLLOW ANY REGULATIONS AT ALL!

The worst part is when I asked for their name, so we can reported them, all of them don’t give their name to me, then they are such a coward with no shamed at all, because they started to hide their name tag in their shirt, so we can’t see it, they are three of them (two men & one women). Re: Easy Jet airline, that aircraft is the dirtiest aircraft I ever fly. We traveled to many country for vacation every year, but this is the worst airline, the airline are noisy and dirty, and very old aircraft, which we paid for luxury price for their airfare but we got the ghettos prices worsted than a dumpster! Last, please do not fly this airline or wasted your hard EARNED MONEY TO FLY TO THAT COUNTRY, ESPECIALLY WITH THAT EASY JET AIRLINE EMPLOYEES WORK AT THAT ATHENS GREECE AIRPORT! Because it’s was a NIGHTMARE for us!!!!

Get expert buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

I left my wallet in the magazine holder, staff took hours to retrieve it. It sat on the apron in front of me and there's staff with no passengers but no one would fetch it from Seat 4F for me. Surprise, surprise, £450 is missing by the time they fetched it off the plane.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2019

I together with my mother and brother was flying from Venice to Belgrade via Berlin 2 weeks ago. The flight from Venice was delayed for 2 hours, without any notification prior, and therefore we missed our connection flight from Berlin to Belgrade. No one at the airport from EasyJet staff was willing to help in any possible way. We were left on our own and had to purchase 3 new tickets and spend over 500 euros and, in addition, over 100 euros for food and refreshments for a forced over 10 hour stay in Berlin. After emailing EasyJet for refund of any sort they rejected it all and ended their email inviting me to follow them on social media.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2019

I am not happy with this Airline because of the Nickel and diming it does to its customers. I had four different flights from Italy to home in Houston TX. They charge you an extra outrageous price to have overhead luggage! They advertise like it is part of your flight. News flash! It's not! By the time you are charged for the extra baggage you may as well had bought a nicer airline ticket because it will have cost the same. Easy Jet plays games with their customer legally deceiving customers instead of just charging what they need to operate.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Easy Jet?

Original review: July 22, 2019

My wife who is weak and struggles with her flight had a nightmare. Easy Jet checking lady at Easy Jet check in at Bristol airport today at 5.30am today 22nd July she was deliberately slowing down check in even though she was attending special assistance. After 25 minute wait in queue with only about 4-5 people in front, everybody looking at their watches, was deliberately unhelpful and then wanted to charge me for being 1 kilo overweight. I took my hair drier out of the case and it was then 14.6 kg. Then had to wait at Special Assistance Desk for an attendant which is normal but was then late for flight and had to be rushed to the plane without going through the gate. The Special Assistance squad very helpful and are keeping a lot of complaints about the Easy Jet check in as there has been so many complaints.

Original review: June 26, 2019

I recently boarded Easy Jet to Amsterdam from Luton. First of all there wasn't any information about what gates I should be boarding from. Anyhow, I arrived at the boarding gate and there were 2 Easy Jet staff there checking passports and boarding passes (usual stuff). I had a small black backpack and a hand luggage. The lady there told me I was not allowed to have 2 bags on me unless I paid extra. I felt, "fair enough". I will merge both bags which I did. The gentle (he was opposite of gentle to be honest) told me I had to do the bag test thing or whatever it's called - where I place the bag in a cabin compartment replica. I did and my bag wouldn't fit. I showed him the bag wont fit so he literally storms up to me in a very aggressive way demanding £60. I told him the bag won fit because I have put the empty bag in the hand bag luggage.

I took out the empty bag and asked if I could bring the empty bag alongside the luggage. He was so rude and adamant that I pay £60 for an empty bag?! I told him, "nope, I wont do that," and handed the empty bag to the lady (who in all honesty seemed worried and scared her colleague was acting in such way). She took the bag from me and I was let through. I had packed my backpack contents into my luggage in a haste (because the Easy Jet guy was literally breathing down my neck shouting at me to hurry up and pay £60 for the extra bag) and forgot to take an envelope full of money (710 Euros) from the inner pocket of the backpack.

On getting to Amsterdam, I realised my error and spoke to the customer service team at the airport. They advised the bag would 'definitely' be in the lost and found area of Luton Airport, that I should contact that team. I did (after about 50 calls because these people do not pick up their phone calls). They advised that they didn't have the bag. At this point I was scared I had lost that money. This was supposed to be my spending money at Amsterdam so you can understand my frustration. I asked them to maybe look in the bin... Something told me that ** (yes, ** is an understatement trust me...) guy had put my bag in the bin. When I told them I had left a substantial amount of money in the bag. They agreed to look in the bin and, lo and behold, they found my bag in the bin. Mate IN THE ** BIN... The gentleman I spoke with on the phone - Jhal (he's a God sent Angel) kept the money for me in a safe until I returned to England.

What I am struggling to understand is why my bag was thrown in the bin?! Apparently when I got to Luton there was a Holding tag on my Backpack? So that meant my bag should have gone into Holding. So how on earth did it end up in the bin? The only silver lining here was that they retrieved my money otherwise this would have ended very differently. This was my first time using Easy Jet as I usually use British Airways or Virgin Atlantic to travel. I must say I am utterly disgusted at this whole thing and can safely say neither me or any of my friends and family will be using Easy Jet in the future. They have no respect for the people who use their services (I wonder if this is because they offer cheaper flight tickets?). I would rather pay more money to be treated in a respectful manner. Ridiculous set of people.

Original review: June 24, 2019

Had a family emergency where a family member was admitted to hospital and given only days to live. When I contacted EasyJet customer services and let them know the situation I just got a very matter of fact “it is not our company policy to refund flights in these circumstances” - no empathy and certainly not a company I would think many people would like to be associated with. I will never fly with this company again and would urge others not to spend money on a business with such a horrible way of dealing with its customers.

Original review: May 9, 2019

I travel for a living, and Easy Jet is by far the most predatory airline that I have ever traveled on. While on vacationing we flew from France Sevilla Spain on Easy Jet. While checking in at the ticket desk and were told that we could have 1 cabin bag. My wife asked about her small purse and the ticket agent told her that her purse did not count. While passing through the gate the gate agent made no issue about her purse. But while in line to enter the plane a male airline employee told us we needed to pay 60 Euro for my wife's purse. I explained what both ticket agent said and the gate agent not saying anything and he told me pay 60 Euro or miss our flight. With our checked baggage already on-board our options were limited. I signed my Capital One credit card voucher "UNDER DURESS" and of course Capital One sided with Easy Jet.

Original review: April 24, 2019

On departing Barcelona airport this afternoon 24/4/19 while standing in the queue the flight attendant came over to myself and my husband and said to us we were not able to carry my handbag or my husband’s passport bag on to the plane. I explained we had no problem with it from Gatwick to Barcelona. No questioning but the attendant said to us, “Well you’re not in Gatwick now. You’re in Barcelona” so pushed the barrier across us while we struggled with the bags going into our small carry ons. Everyone else was carrying handbags and other bags. People were asking us what had we done. I said I really didn’t know why they made us wait until the last passengers had boarded the plane then said to us there was no room for our carry ons to go into the overhead cabins so they would have to go in the hold.

To be honest I really didn’t want to argue because if we did I’m sure they would not have let us board. This woman was a very nasty bad tempered person who has been allowed to treat passengers in this way. Her colleague was very nervous around her. I complained to the Easy Jet staff on board and they are looking into this. Now would I travel again with Easy Jet to be humiliated? I don’t think so. I’d rather pay extra but as this was a gift to us from our kids we had no choice. Please save your money and fly with an airline that treats you with respect.

Easy Jet Company Information