3.18/5

72 Easy Jet Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

I left my wallet in the magazine holder, staff took hours to retrieve it. It sat on the apron in front of me and there's staff with no passengers but no one would fetch it from Seat 4F for me. Surprise, surprise, £450 is missing by the time they fetched it off the plane.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2019

I together with my mother and brother was flying from Venice to Belgrade via Berlin 2 weeks ago. The flight from Venice was delayed for 2 hours, without any notification prior, and therefore we missed our connection flight from Berlin to Belgrade. No one at the airport from EasyJet staff was willing to help in any possible way. We were left on our own and had to purchase 3 new tickets and spend over 500 euros and, in addition, over 100 euros for food and refreshments for a forced over 10 hour stay in Berlin. After emailing EasyJet for refund of any sort they rejected it all and ended their email inviting me to follow them on social media.

Get expert buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2019

I am not happy with this Airline because of the Nickel and diming it does to its customers. I had four different flights from Italy to home in Houston TX. They charge you an extra outrageous price to have overhead luggage! They advertise like it is part of your flight. News flash! It's not! By the time you are charged for the extra baggage you may as well had bought a nicer airline ticket because it will have cost the same. Easy Jet plays games with their customer legally deceiving customers instead of just charging what they need to operate.

Original review: July 22, 2019

My wife who is weak and struggles with her flight had a nightmare. Easy Jet checking lady at Easy Jet check in at Bristol airport today at 5.30am today 22nd July she was deliberately slowing down check in even though she was attending special assistance. After 25 minute wait in queue with only about 4-5 people in front, everybody looking at their watches, was deliberately unhelpful and then wanted to charge me for being 1 kilo overweight. I took my hair drier out of the case and it was then 14.6 kg. Then had to wait at Special Assistance Desk for an attendant which is normal but was then late for flight and had to be rushed to the plane without going through the gate. The Special Assistance squad very helpful and are keeping a lot of complaints about the Easy Jet check in as there has been so many complaints.

Original review: June 26, 2019

I recently boarded Easy Jet to Amsterdam from Luton. First of all there wasn't any information about what gates I should be boarding from. Anyhow, I arrived at the boarding gate and there were 2 Easy Jet staff there checking passports and boarding passes (usual stuff). I had a small black backpack and a hand luggage. The lady there told me I was not allowed to have 2 bags on me unless I paid extra. I felt, "fair enough". I will merge both bags which I did. The gentle (he was opposite of gentle to be honest) told me I had to do the bag test thing or whatever it's called - where I place the bag in a cabin compartment replica. I did and my bag wouldn't fit. I showed him the bag wont fit so he literally storms up to me in a very aggressive way demanding £60. I told him the bag won fit because I have put the empty bag in the hand bag luggage.

I took out the empty bag and asked if I could bring the empty bag alongside the luggage. He was so rude and adamant that I pay £60 for an empty bag?! I told him, "nope, I wont do that," and handed the empty bag to the lady (who in all honesty seemed worried and scared her colleague was acting in such way). She took the bag from me and I was let through. I had packed my backpack contents into my luggage in a haste (because the Easy Jet guy was literally breathing down my neck shouting at me to hurry up and pay £60 for the extra bag) and forgot to take an envelope full of money (710 Euros) from the inner pocket of the backpack.

On getting to Amsterdam, I realised my error and spoke to the customer service team at the airport. They advised the bag would 'definitely' be in the lost and found area of Luton Airport, that I should contact that team. I did (after about 50 calls because these people do not pick up their phone calls). They advised that they didn't have the bag. At this point I was scared I had lost that money. This was supposed to be my spending money at Amsterdam so you can understand my frustration. I asked them to maybe look in the bin... Something told me that ** (yes, ** is an understatement trust me...) guy had put my bag in the bin. When I told them I had left a substantial amount of money in the bag. They agreed to look in the bin and, lo and behold, they found my bag in the bin. Mate IN THE ** BIN... The gentleman I spoke with on the phone - Jhal (he's a God sent Angel) kept the money for me in a safe until I returned to England.

What I am struggling to understand is why my bag was thrown in the bin?! Apparently when I got to Luton there was a Holding tag on my Backpack? So that meant my bag should have gone into Holding. So how on earth did it end up in the bin? The only silver lining here was that they retrieved my money otherwise this would have ended very differently. This was my first time using Easy Jet as I usually use British Airways or Virgin Atlantic to travel. I must say I am utterly disgusted at this whole thing and can safely say neither me or any of my friends and family will be using Easy Jet in the future. They have no respect for the people who use their services (I wonder if this is because they offer cheaper flight tickets?). I would rather pay more money to be treated in a respectful manner. Ridiculous set of people.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Easy Jet?

Original review: June 24, 2019

Had a family emergency where a family member was admitted to hospital and given only days to live. When I contacted EasyJet customer services and let them know the situation I just got a very matter of fact “it is not our company policy to refund flights in these circumstances” - no empathy and certainly not a company I would think many people would like to be associated with. I will never fly with this company again and would urge others not to spend money on a business with such a horrible way of dealing with its customers.

Original review: May 9, 2019

I travel for a living, and Easy Jet is by far the most predatory airline that I have ever traveled on. While on vacationing we flew from France Sevilla Spain on Easy Jet. While checking in at the ticket desk and were told that we could have 1 cabin bag. My wife asked about her small purse and the ticket agent told her that her purse did not count. While passing through the gate the gate agent made no issue about her purse. But while in line to enter the plane a male airline employee told us we needed to pay 60 Euro for my wife's purse. I explained what both ticket agent said and the gate agent not saying anything and he told me pay 60 Euro or miss our flight. With our checked baggage already on-board our options were limited. I signed my Capital One credit card voucher "UNDER DURESS" and of course Capital One sided with Easy Jet.

Original review: April 24, 2019

On departing Barcelona airport this afternoon 24/4/19 while standing in the queue the flight attendant came over to myself and my husband and said to us we were not able to carry my handbag or my husband’s passport bag on to the plane. I explained we had no problem with it from Gatwick to Barcelona. No questioning but the attendant said to us, “Well you’re not in Gatwick now. You’re in Barcelona” so pushed the barrier across us while we struggled with the bags going into our small carry ons. Everyone else was carrying handbags and other bags. People were asking us what had we done. I said I really didn’t know why they made us wait until the last passengers had boarded the plane then said to us there was no room for our carry ons to go into the overhead cabins so they would have to go in the hold.

To be honest I really didn’t want to argue because if we did I’m sure they would not have let us board. This woman was a very nasty bad tempered person who has been allowed to treat passengers in this way. Her colleague was very nervous around her. I complained to the Easy Jet staff on board and they are looking into this. Now would I travel again with Easy Jet to be humiliated? I don’t think so. I’d rather pay extra but as this was a gift to us from our kids we had no choice. Please save your money and fly with an airline that treats you with respect.

Original review: March 19, 2019

My wife and I have never used EasyJet before so never really knew what to expect. Anyway when we purchased our tickets we booked extra leg room, which apparently also gives you Speedy Boarding/Priority. What we couldn't understand was what is Speedy Boarding? When we arrived at the Boarding gate we joined the Speedy Boarding line, we showed our boarding card/paper and proceeded to a holding area where we waited for transport to take us to the plane.

This was approx 20/25 minutes, during which time wait more and more passengers arrived until the holding area and stairs leading to this area was full. When the transport arrived it was pretty much a free for all getting on the transport. When we arrived at the plane, we have never experienced anything like it, as pensioners we are not the quickest, it really was frightening, my wife was nearly knocked over in the rush by other passengers running to get on the plane. It seems the reason is the lack of overhead storage, so it really is first come first served. What we would like to know, what is speedy boarding/priority and how does it work. The flight and the cabin crew were first rate, but you are on your own once you pass through boarding control. Unfortunately this experience has made us realise that it is safer for us to fly with an airline that provides some sort of care for elderly passengers, we realise it will be more expensive but what price safety. Served.

Original review: March 12, 2019

Never will I ever fly with this company again! They are uncaring, rude and thieves. When coming onto my 6am flight I was informed that I would have to stow my carry on because they didn't have room. I've had this happen before with flights when it's a full flight so I didn't think anything of it. Upon getting to Gatwick my destination I noticed the lock on my back wasn't clicked in and thought that it was weird but I had a connecting flight to the US so didn't have time to think anything of it. When I got home I noticed that 2 small luggage cubes containing gifts from Italy for my family was missing! I have never had this happen and I fly at least twice a year. I have sent a complaint to the company with no reply. And I will not only never travel again with this company but I will share my experience with any person who brings up the fact that they are thinking of using them. THIEVES!!!

Easy Jet Company Information