2. Travel
  3. Airlines

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.40/5

Easy Jet Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Easy Jet?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Easy Jet?

Original review: Sept. 2, 2020

Another Covid complaint. We were legally unable to travel to France to catch this flight. Easyjet sent me an email confirming we would receive a refund. After a month of nothing I called. 2 calls to the UK (at charges) and told (even though I have an email from them confirming my refund would occur) I would only receive the taxes back. I had booked 6 tickets for my family so it's not a small amount. And despite THEIR email confirming my refund they tell me now, "sorry, you'll only get the taxes back" and that's a system email. So sorry. Absolute crap. I received refunds from American Airlines, Air France, Airbnb, Booking.com and Sixt. Only this portion they refuse to refund. Needless to say will never book on easyjet in the future, not that they care.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2020

I booked flights with Easy Jet like I have done for the last 10+ years but due to coronavirus they were cancelled by easyJet!! 5 months on and no refund of my hard earned money. EasyJet should be ashamed. Anyone else would be down for theft.

Get buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Unsubscribe at any time.
    Original review: Aug. 24, 2020

Beware of Easy Jet scamming you with the weight of your Luggage. Is the 3rd time now at Lisbon Airport that Easy Jet before anything has 5Kg more weight than the real/actual weight of your luggage, so they can charge you €15 per extra kg. We have weighted our Luggage in the Hotel and at the Airport before checking-in the Luggage. We had 21.5kg at 23kg allowance. Easy Jet member of staff told us that we have 4kg too much and we need to pay €60.00 additional.

I have asked to speak to his manager and showed him the picture of us with the display of the luggage at the scale which showed 21.5kg. That's theft, criminal and scamming their loyal Customer. We will be raising and opening an Europe wide Legal Case against Easy Jet Limited! That's just the last thing you do to loyal Customers who have been with you since 10 years! Be careful people. When we asked to speak to his Manager and exposed him that we will call the police for theft. He went pink in the face and said it's fine and checked in the Luggage. Would he do that if I was in the wrong?

Original review: Aug. 12, 2020

I've used EasyJet many times in the past, but never had to contact their Customer Support until now. We had a flight cancelled due to the COVID-19 pandemic and subsequent lockdown in the UK. My wife made the booking, and when the flight was cancelled she was emailed saying she could take a voucher for the full value of the flight (no mention of refund), which she did. After a bit of Googling, we learned you had to call and request a refund over the phone, which I did, and the person I spoke to said they'd "reversed" the voucher and applied a refund instead but that it would take up to 3 months to appear back in our bank account.

4 months later and we still have no refund, so I called them back today and they're claiming they have no record of this conversation and that it's not possible for vouchers to be reversed to refunds. As it was done over the phone, we're now at the mercy of their call recording software to see whether they have a record of this call and what I was told - I guarantee that the recording of this call will have been "lost".

Original review: July 14, 2020

We booked an international trip before COVID 19. This week we should have been in Ireland And traveling towards Belfast. Our destination country will not let United States citizens in until maybe August; well after our trip would have ended. Since we are still in the United States we shall be unable to make our EasyJet flight out of Belfast. Not so easy. Jet had a security breach. Their website does not let me cancel the flight. I have been locked out of the system as my password has been changed and not by me. I have spent days on hold with crappy music trying to get through.

Original review: March 30, 2020

My flight from London to Cairo was cancelled, and I had to change my flight in order to come back to the Belfast city on the same day. I checked in, and I paid for my bags. I went to my gate in order to get my flight and at the gate it was two ladies were checking in the passenger. The woman called Denise, was very rude and extremely vulgar to me. I had my small bag and my small laptop with me. I was shocked when I heard that. I think this sort of attitude is suitable only for a member of bandit gang not for an Easy Jet staff member. Pay to pass. Otherwise you won't pass. I told her that I came from Belfast with my laptop without any problem, and she is rudely repeated her message again and when I told her that, "You are really rude" she went mad and she said that, "I will call the captain, and you are not going to board."

The funny thing is, when the supervisor came to solve the problem I asked him to talk privately and he was clearly supporting his colleague without even listening to me as a customer who has a right to explain what happened. And they start to ask me to pay another £110 in order to use the next flight. It is unbelievable when you use easyJet for 7 years and suddenly you have such experiment with a team that unprofessionally acting as a gang. I won't fly with easyJet again and I will share my experience with others. I think the team working for easyJet in LGW airport will badly affect the business more than Corona virus.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2020

EasyJet is a scam airline. They have the worst customer service in the industry and charge the most to check bags. $88CDN to check a bag, because they said I couldn't take it on the plane, but they let some other people take carry on and a purse. As well the overhead bins were only half full. For the price I ended up paying I could have flown with a better airline. Do not fly with Easyjet!

Original review: Feb. 6, 2020

Laptop bag is charged €60. Perhaps other airline is better choice for consumer if traveling with a personal item or if buying something from duty-free, plenty of airlines to choose from. #jet2 #Lufthansa #Wizz #Flybe #Ryanair #Pegasus

Original review: Sept. 25, 2019

Poor customer service. My husband and I had two carry on suit cases two small personal bags and one big checked luggage (paid for). When checked in before flight in Barcelona, staff members saw all our bags and never said a word about extra charges on bags before boarding flight. The staff member took our big checked luggage and looked at all our bags and said “enjoy your flight”. Our flight was delayed 30 mins so we didn't board until 1830. When it was time to line up to board the plane, a blonde hair woman staff looked at us and said she will charge us 60 euros for the carry on bag I have as she was counting my persona small bag as another bag. I asked her why no one told me about this issue downstairs when we were being checked in before security. She admitted it was their problem but she insisted we needed to pay. 60 euros?!! If I had known I would’ve paid for speedy boarding and pay a smaller amount compared to 60 euros!!

The blonde staff forwarded us to another staff member with dark hair overweight woman (outright description and fact) named Aziza. She was so rude. Did not even listen to what we had to say. I asked her why no one had told us downstairs about the extra charge and they saw all our bags and no one said a word! We felt set up and picked on because they wanted to charge me more money that I didn’t need to if I had known at the check in before even reaching the boarding gate floor. Picking on me because I’m not European?? I have a Canadian passport?? Aziza was so unprofessional offered no exception for us as customers! Instead she gave us such attitude for something that was not our fault! We had no idea that they would consider my Small personal item to be a luggage?! The language barrier was already so stressful but her attitude was the worst! I can’t believe Easy Jet hires and trains people like Aziza (from Barcelona airport).

You have lost us as customers and will never recommend this company! Your staff is very dishonest to not say anything in the beginning and then tell us in surprise just before boarding to embarrass us and take advantage of us!! Aziza was So rude and left us no choice as she threatened to not let us board if we did not pay this price! We felt robbed and felt our rights were violated! Such an unprofessional company such poor customer service! My husband and I were so stressed to miss our flight we just wanted to leave Barcelona after this horrible experience. We paid it in fear that Aziza will not let us board or lose our luggage a on purpose as she made this horrible experience so personal! She rolled her eyes and embarrassed us on purpose in front of all the other people boarding with us. What was her purpose? To rob us of our hard earned money and Insult us!

Original review: Aug. 31, 2019

Re: Easy Jet airline employees at Athens Greece. On August 27, 2019 our flight from Athens Greece to Gatwick, London at 12pm. We have the worst and horrible experience with the employees work for Easy Jet airline for check-in.. They give us NIGHTMARES & they are RACIST!!, because they deliberately pick on us. We are Asian descendants, but we are AMERICANS WITH AMERICANS PASSPORT! First, they said our carry-on is over size because of the wheel. They told us to break the wheel off, so we can bring as a carry-on, then they told us that they must charge $60 euro for each carry on. They won’t allow us to check-in our carry-on either, because they insisted that we have to pay for all of it! Then I pointed out to other passengers that they all have larger carry on, but they didn’t bother to ask none of other passengers at all. They totally ignore whatever we try to tell them, that we are allow to have one carry-on and one check-in.

But they all (including their manager) are started to threatening us that if we continue make scene, they will not allow us to be on the plane, which we didn’t make any scene, except we try to justify our right by apply to their airline baggage rules. But they kept said that we must pay $60 for each carry-on and must pay for all of our bag including my small cross-body bag. So at this point, I’m thinking that they not gonna follows their own airline regulation, because even their so-called manager also come and yelled at us like we are some kind of criminal, which we are their paid customer travelled to their country(Greece) to visit and spend our Americans dollar for to benefit their country. But they showed us NO RESPECT, NO RULES BY NOT FOLLOW ANY REGULATIONS AT ALL!

The worst part is when I asked for their name, so we can reported them, all of them don’t give their name to me, then they are such a coward with no shamed at all, because they started to hide their name tag in their shirt, so we can’t see it, they are three of them (two men & one women). Re: Easy Jet airline, that aircraft is the dirtiest aircraft I ever fly. We traveled to many country for vacation every year, but this is the worst airline, the airline are noisy and dirty, and very old aircraft, which we paid for luxury price for their airfare but we got the ghettos prices worsted than a dumpster! Last, please do not fly this airline or wasted your hard EARNED MONEY TO FLY TO THAT COUNTRY, ESPECIALLY WITH THAT EASY JET AIRLINE EMPLOYEES WORK AT THAT ATHENS GREECE AIRPORT! Because it’s was a NIGHTMARE for us!!!!

Easy Jet Company Information