1.19/5
Based on 52 reviews that contain star ratings

61 Easy Jet Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

Wow, Easyjet and their staff at the Rome FCO airport are a joke. I needed to fly out of Rome to Paris on October 3rd, 2018. Our original flight was at 9:50 am. It was at the airport that I realized I didn't have my passport. I went up to the Easyjet Informations desk and explained to them that I do not have my passport and it most likely was left at the Hermes Boutique in Central Rome. At this time, it was only an assumption that my passport was with Hermes. This is because I received a missed call from a Rome number the night before. The next morning, I returned the missed call and I was sent straight to their Hermes voicemail. So at this point, all I knew was that I did not have my passport and that I have a missed call from Hermes meaning it is probably with them but I did not know for certain as no one picked up the phone. I wasn't going to get a definitive answer until 10:30 am which is when the boutique opened.

There were 2 people at the info desk- a man and a woman. I spoke to the man (did not get his name) about my situation and he said that it would be fine for me to go retrieve my passport from Hermes and come back and book a flight (fully knowing that my original flight was at 9:50 am and it would take me 2 hours round trip to get my passport from Hermes in Central Rome). He said that once I had my passport he can go ahead and book a new flight for me no problem, I just had to pay the difference. I went up to this man at least three times to make sure this would was the case. I wanted to make sure I knew everything I needed to know before leaving the airport and just wanted reassurance that there would be space available for me when I come back to book my flight to Paris. He said everything was fine, just go get my passport.

I get my passport, 2 hours later I am back at the airport and I go up to the Easyjet info desk. He is not there but the lady from the morning is and new lady named Julia. I spoke to Julia and she says there is nothing she can do and that I had to buy a completely new flight. I told her I had spoken to her colleague this morning and he said I can pay the difference. She tells me that there is a 2 hours time window to the pay the difference, any later than that you have to buy a new flight. I tried to ask her understand my situation and that her colleague had told me otherwise. She would not change her mind. I end up agreeing to buy a new flight. She couldn’t help me with buying a new flight and said I had to buy my flight myself either on my phone or on the airport computer. At this point I’m like, "So you work at the Easyjet info desk which is to help consumers book/buy flights but you aren’t able to help me with my flight..."

In any case, I buy my flight on my phone and realized I booked for Oct 04 instead of Oct 3. I go upstairs, told her I just booked the flight like 2 minutes ago but I booked for the wrong day, can she change the flight for me. Julia says that for her to change the flight Easyjet will keep 40-50 euros for the change (don’t remember exactly but it was in the range).

You can imagine how frustrated I was at this point. I compromise and purchase a new flight even though her colleague told me I would only have to pay the difference, I go and book my own flight because Julia, an Easyjet employee with a computer right in front her, says that she can’t help me, and on top of that they are charging me to change a flight that I literally had booked 2 minutes prior to talking to her. It just didn’t make any sense. Nowhere did I read that there is a 2 hour time limit on booking a new flight. Nowhere did I see that Easyjet would keep a portion of what you had paid just to change the flight on top of paying a difference.

All I can say is DO NOT FLY THIS AIRLINE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES. YOU ARE CHARGED FOR EVERY MINOR CHANGE/DETAIL. The employees are incompetent, inefficient, and most importantly DISHONEST. The customer service was absolutely horrid and honestly non-existent. Julia was not able to help me with anything but charge me more money. Easyjet employees are a reflection on the company and after this experience with them, I advise anyone and everyone to take their time and money elsewhere. It’s not worth it to fly this cheap airline.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

EasyJet lost our stroller/pushchair on a flight from Paris to Edinburgh. After a day of carrying a 1 year old, I called to see if a temporary replacement would be covered under their "emergency needs". I got a very vague non-committal response. We decided to buy a replacement (keeping it cheap and within the 1-day allowance in their policies). Well, I am glad we did. We went through the subsequent 2 weeks with EasyJet having no idea where our stroller was. I filed the claim for the replacement pushchair once we could. They took forever to reply. Then when they did, they asked for the receipt. I submitted that within hours of their request for it. Weeks later, and 3 follow-up emails, and I've heard nothing. I see that staff is posting my emails to my claim. But nothing more. They still owe us £69 for this replacement we had to get (and that was the cheapest we could find locally).

The original stroller went to secondary tracing. Secondary tracing didn't find it until 2 days (supposedly) after I received an email that I should open a claim for the original stroller. I hadn't started a claim on that yet, so I figured I would wait for them to get it to me. I had very little information as time passed. I followed up in email (they actually were decent in replying to emails, at least), and they said they were sending it out on a specific flight at a specific time. They indicated that the receiving airline (since they don't operate in California, USA) would contact me when they receive it.

A week went by, so I called Delta to find out where it is. They never received it from British Airways (was to be sent from EDI to Las Vegas via BA, then to California via Delta). Delta was helpful in telling me everything they could see based on a "Temporary" baggage tag number and claim number, which included info about the original claim and setup for shipping. They had no info on any scans for the baggage.

I tried contacting British Airways to see if they had more information, and they were useless. They said they can't look anything up based on the temporary tag number. So, I have no idea if BA ever even received it to be sent to me. I contacted EasyJet Secondary Tracing again via email. They replied back and suggested that I just file a claim. Joy! Like their claims department is any better?! Sigh!

So, I try to file a claim for the original bag. I get a message from the form website saying that my email already has a claim for that flight and to log in and get updates on that. What? People don't have more than one claim?? I guess I can try updating that one to add an additional loss. But given they aren't even replying on my claim at all (just adding my emails to the claim log 1-2 days after I send them), I am guessing I will get nowhere, and I will be at a loss of about $200 (between original stroller, and the money I had to spend on a second subpar stroller). I wonder if the credit card company I used to buy the ticket can do anything to reverse funds due to failure to deliver the service of delivering my luggage in whole.

Legal recourse seems like it would be challenging since I'm in the US and they do not legally operate as a business in the US. All I can say is that every possible review site I find will be getting a copy of this review. Never ever ever ever fly EasyJet! I am appalled at the care of their customer. And a business that is this bad at handling their mistakes and not making things right with their customer does not deserve to be in business!

Get expert buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 26, 2018

The agent was helpful but the management adherence to the policies and no flexibility was a very negative experience for us. We had to change our dates by just one week with nearly 2 months notice and were just outside the 60 day window for the penalty increasing to £47 per person, that combined with the additional cost of the new flights plus all the additional excess baggage fees and legroom fees (they had to be paid again in full) meant that we moved our flights by one week and ended up paying £1000 in total for two flights that started life as £59/79 flights or similar.

The policy is correct but the absolute lack of flexibility and the double charging of all extras is a real hit. We are now financially disadvantaged to a good tune and Easy Jet were very unsympathetic - just 'the policy states' - 'the policy states'. Most other places I have ever dealt with will try to help you as a customer in this respect but not Easy Jet. They must be very self-assured in a very competitive world, however they shouldn't be because me and my family will not use them again, not because of the policy but because of their lack of understanding and robotic response to a customer with needs.

Original review: May 17, 2018

I faced discrimination in Berlin Germany. The lady embarrassed me when I tried combining my carry on with my personal item. She seemed very upset when I did not speak German. Then refused to speak to me in French even after I had heard her speaking French with another co-worker. I believe her unprofessionalism is a reflection of how the company treats the employees. Especially because easyJet has so many negative comments, it shows that the staff is miserable and poorly trained by the company. I am never flying easyJet again. I hope this company changes its ways.

Original review: May 16, 2018

Cyprus Paphos to Edinburgh. Flight number EZY6946. Departure 21:30 Wed 16th May. Estimated 22:05. 6th time in a row late leaving Edinburgh with no reason giving. As you can imagine it's always late arriving in Paphos and leaving with the message, "Arrival 00:45 Thu 17th May. Estimated 01:20. We’re sorry for the delay to your flight. Please continue to monitor the airport screens and check Flight Tracker for updates."

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Easy Jet?

Original review: March 27, 2018

This is the first time I have taken the time to write a review of this nature. Paul ** of Easy Jet (Newcastle Based) stands out so much that he deserves it. I have met Paul inflight over 12 years and he is always smiling, laughing, reassuring, creating a positive atmosphere whilst clearly keeping a professional eye on all of his duties. I fly 4 times a week and he is the only Steward that remembers my face and even what I like to drink! There may be a 6-month gap when we are not on the same flight and I have no idea how he keeps that level of detail in his mind. There have been tough flights, fun flights and tiring delayed flights and he is always, always upbeat. A great sense of humour and attention to detail. Sparkles. Despite all the challenges that flying can bring he smooths them all out and you disembark feeling happy, untroubled and ready to roll. Thanks Paul! Keep being awesome. Looking forward to my next Bloody Mary inflight.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2018

I was enjoying a very nice weekend with my partner in Lyon, France, we traveled to France with friends on Saturday by car. I was a bit concerned because I had lost my passport but I had a photo of the passport and a current photo ID driving license. These proved ok getting across the channel via the tunnel and there was no problem, however after I passed through passport control at the airport I was told at the Easy Jet departure gate that I could not travel because I did not have the correct documents and was told to go to the Lyon British consulate and was led away from the departure gate leaving my partner alone to go back to Gatwick alone without transport to get her from the airport to her home. All she could do was get a taxi which would cost in excess of £60.

To add to this problem having returned to Lyon I found out that there is no British consulate in Lyon now as it was closed down, so now I’m having to go by train to London and then to Gatwick. This had cost me time and a lot of money just because someone just couldn’t care less or make a judgment even though everybody else could, I’m too angry to say what I really feel but I’m sure you can fill in the blanks yourself.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2018

Easy Jet is so horrendous, it’s hard to believe how low they can seek: 80€ charged for a 6 kilos luggage overweight; pissing customers off with their stupid one piece of luggage policy; flights are always late... What did I do to deserve this honestly?

Original review: Dec. 27, 2017

A surrealistic AWFUL experience! I arrived at the London Luton airport at 5:50 a.m. for my 6:55 a.m. flight, which should give me plenty of time to do the check-in

********NOTE TO APPROVER: review already published in https://www.trustpilot.com/reviews/5a43f234a5b32906885d04cf********
and security process. BUT, some Easyjet employee there at the check-in desk just printed my boarding pass wrong ( only had half of the barcode on it), I couldn't get through the entry gate. Therefore, I was sent back and forth between the entry gate and the check-in desk (yes, the staffs there were friendly, but really not helping at all. They were just been nice and kicking you around).
That wrong boarding pass thing wasted me a lot of time. So not surprisingly, I missed my flight. When I spoke to one of their employees try to get my flight re-scheduled, he told me that my boarding pass was re-printed at 6:13, the gate closure was at 6: 40, SO I should have made the flight. Well, I was wondering how he thought 27 mins would be enough for me to get through all the people lined up there at the security check, Not to mention that I could have plenty of time if they just didn't print my boarding pass wrong!!!! !
Also he told I have to pay extra 80 pounds for a tomorrow's flight! That's really outrageous, I haven't yet even asked them to refund my waste of time and my ruined trip!!! I had no choice but paid them the 80 pounds for the next flight.
I've filed the claim on their website, hopefully I can get my refund and also cover my extra day of hotel expense.

But I saw someone says that they are not honest with refunds? If anyone know how I can I make sure they gonna give me my refund, please help me, Thank you ! !

Original review: Oct. 29, 2017

Flight canceled at 4 hours notice and no help of any kind offered at airport. Thereafter they've been as difficult as possible and refuse to provide me with information required to submit an insurance claim for my significant losses. Having used them for many years without any major issues this experience has been a real eye opener. I wouldn't have believed it possible that any business reliant on goodwill would treat its customers with the level of contempt and dishonesty I've encountered here. Will never fly with them again. It's fine when it goes to plan but as soon as a problem occurs they just don't want to know. Making Ryanair look good!

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

I submitted my expense claim on Oct 4th. Since then I have sent them more than 10 emails with a receipt they requested. And a funny part is they've responded to my email in a day or two but they were asking the exact same information but from the different person?? This must be one of this company's tactic to delay a refund. Maybe they just don't want to pay back... I really don't understand why they are doing this…

My wife and I booked the 9:30 pm flight (EZY4568) for Sept 21st 2017 from Amsterdam to Berlin. They canceled a flight 2 hrs before the departure time and they even did not explain why they canceled a flight. Regardless, we had an appointment at 8 am in Berlin next morning we can't miss so we had to find another transportation but could not find another flight from different airlines or train. Only option we had was to rent a a car. We asked an Easy Jet customer service if they would refund for a rental car and she said, “Yes we do absolutely.” That's how we ended up renting a car from Avis to get to Berlin that evening.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2017

I was traveling from Berlin, Schönefeld Airport to Malaga airport on the way home to New York City, USA. When I got to Malaga airport my luggage was nowhere to be found. I reported it missing and gave the description to EasyJet saying it was a black canvas case with yellow trim. Several days later they contacted me telling me the description was a black canvas, multi-colored case. They did not even get the description right. I’ve waited 21 days and nothing. After 21 days the policy requires that the passenger send in a claim. Their website does not work and I am not able to contact anyone by phone. They also require proof of receipt of every item that was in the lost luggage. How are you supposed to provide receipts of clothes that are many years old. Moral of the story: Do not take any luggage on EasyJet that goes in the hold. Be careful of this airline, it is certainly something to be avoided.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2017

Upon arrival at Boarding Gate, Porto airport on our return from honeymoon on the 5th September 2017 I was issued with a new seat number meaning that I would no longer be next to my wife. My wife a bit upset and wanting to know why but due to the fact that there were a lot of people behind us, I didn't want to make a fuss. When boarding the plane I asked the reason being and the hostess replied that it wasn't up to her so I took up my new seat only to discover that my original seat was taken by one man flying alone, whilst the man could've been given another seat as there were plenty of spare seats left upon take off. Why split up a couple just for one person to be sat next to my wife? I would not contest to the fact if I was flying alone. My wife finally joined me on the adjoining seat and the poor person to whom that seat had been allocated had to take my initial Seat as I did not see why I should be the one to move.

This was the first time this had happened and I have travelled a lot over the globe. I don't like Easy Jet's policy where one's given a choice to reserve one's seat on Easy Jet's internet booking address but has to pay a supplement for it. Why! I thought your idea was to have competitive tariffs? So, if one doesn't pay more for one's seat, then they can just be sat at the last minute where your ** company wants them to sat and for NO apparent reason going by our experience. I've heard friends say the same thing but then, not everyone will take the time like myself to tell you. They simply won't fly with you AGAIN and my wife and I won't be either. Get your priorities and organisation in order before you start losing your clientele. People will talk and that's BAD publicity for you at Easy Jet.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2017

I have spent the last 14 months trying to claim compensation (expenses incurred of approx £550 for a canceled flight that was a fraction of this cost), having been promised by an Easy Jet customer service worker on the phone (verbal only) that I would be compensated without question. Eventually Easy Jet resorted to just ignoring my emails. I eventually went to the CEDR ombudsman/adjudicator who resolved the issue - I was paid back about half the amount claimed. I think it is totally unacceptable for Easy Jet to treat customers in this way. Lessons learnt: get it in writing! Use the ombudsman. Thank God that we have scope for arbitration. And it works!

Original review: July 3, 2017

After paying for carry-on luggage during check-in and assured that I had paid the correct amount for my family's three carry-on luggages, when boarding the plane I was humiliated and it was demanded that I step out of line and wait to pay for one luggage again. My two children (girls age 11 & 14) boarded the plane before me and when I told the Easy Jet rep that I was holding both my luggage and my 11 year old's backpack, she did not believe me. I asked that she go on the plane and see that my child had nothing with her, but she refused. She then proceeded to embarrass me by scolding me and making me get out of line.

To make things easy, I put the backpack in my carry on - which fit! - but then she said the middle of the bag was too wide (while others with much wider bags continued to board the plane). She demanded that I pay again for the bag or would not be allowed on the plane - even though my two children were already on. The supervisor came over and was just as rude and started to threaten that if I did not pay for the luggage, that she would call security. She refused to look at my luggage receipt or to count our bags already on the plane. I asked for her name and that of the woman associate, but she said that in France, they are not required to give their names.

I eventually paid another 60 Euros for my luggage (which was substantially more than what was charged at check-in). I should also mention that they wanted me to pay in cash but I refused since I wanted the proof of a credit card receipt and the ability to dispute the charge. When I finally got on board, my 11 year old daughter was crying - very scared that she would be leaving France without her mother and not sure why I had not boarded the plane yet. I travel for work at least once a month, and I have never experienced such bad service and bad behavior by an airline. They should not be in business and this type of behavior by an airline should not be allowed! It was pure intimidation and extortion and incredibly unethical.

Original review: June 23, 2017

2 flights in the last month 28th May 2017 - 2 cancellations - 2 weekends ruined, money lost, but they do not care. 1st flight - Rome to London - they announce a 2 hours delay and after getting all passengers at the gate they announce that their crew cannot fly anymore and the flight is cancelled. Now, they knew this since the morning as I received a message - how can they fail to program another crew for this flight that they know 12 hours before at what time it would arrive to Rome and how many hours that same crew had flied?? They tell us that they would get us at a hotel (it was midnight at this point) 25km from the airport and we would then need to pay the cab back to the airport. I had already paid for a cab to pick me up at Gatwick at 1 am. I refused to take that hotel as next flight was at 9 in the morning and went to a hotel close to the airport.

They refused to pay the hotel expense, they refused to pay my cab and they refused to pay EC compensation. Second flight yesterday - 22nd June 2017 - London to Rome - a whole weekend paid, hotel, rental car, return flight with another airline - everything lost - Easy Jet will receive my EC Compensation claim and my request to refund these expenses, but they will refuse, and they ruined my weekend.

Original review: June 22, 2017

Through OneTravel.com we booked Easy Jet roundtrip from Orly France to Faro Portugal. The day of the flight, at 1:30 am, while we were asleep and some 4.5 hours before the change of departure time from 8 am to 6 am, Easy Jet emailed us of the change. We were unaware of this until arriving at the airport and missed the flight. We had to book on another airline to make our obligations in Faro the same day. The notification was so late and untimely that we would not have been able to alter our shuttle arrangements to the airport even if we had been monitoring our emails at 1:30 in the morning.

Original review: May 12, 2017

They made my father buy a whole row of seats because he couldn't bend his leg. He paid £500 and they allocated seats stretching over another passenger and the aisle. The flight attendants told us to complain (you only need three seats if you need leg elevation apparently which we said we didn't need - there's easily loads of leg room in the seats anyway). 8 unreturned phone calls each lasting ca. 30 mins. No written response. Finally got to speak to a manager who made up 4 hilarious erroneous excuses for not giving a refund ranging from 'you used the seats' (er no) to 'you didn't pay for the seats in the first place' (er yes we did) to 'you had extra leg room seats' (er no... er) to 'you chose not to use the seats' (er... why would we?). So now I have to go to CEDA. They are disgraceful. Unfortunately I have to keep using them but I will never flush an Easy Jet toilet again!

Original review: April 28, 2017

I was quite apprehensive about my domestic flight while vacationing in France (from Toulouse to Paris) due to a previous experience which wasn't super positive as I had to trash my carry-on baggage which didn't fit the dimensions just before boarding, wearing all my clothes on top of mine so I wouldn't pay a ridiculous fee to have it checked. This time, I was traveling with my infant daughter and from beginning to end, it was perfect: the staff from the counter to the plane was very attentive and Axel and his team went above and beyond to assign a seat for both of us. Even the pilot said hi to us which was great. I had an awesome time and would not only fly again with them but recommend them.

Original review: April 20, 2017

Myself with my partner traveled from Belfast to Manchester with Easy Jet. I was pulled from my seat before take off and informed that I could not remain at my current seat due to my weight. How I was made a show off by staff asking other passengers to swap me seats as I was too heavy to remain seated in the seat I had selected. I cried the whole flight, East Jet ruined my holiday and I have since suffered from anxiety and stress due to the down right rude behavior of Easy Jet staff.

Buyer beware. If there is at all any other way to make your travel plans I suggest using your alternative method. Their website and marketing material really make you think they are reputable and reasonable company to work with, yet when I have complained they have not had the decency to reply or apologize. They need to change the website to "Buyer Beware" and people should be informed that they do not provide any customer service or support whatsoever. Worst company I have ever dealt with.

Original review: April 11, 2017

I had a very tough time communicating with EasyJet. No phone number in the U.S. and I even had to wait for chat to become available - waited a while. I had a special circumstance and I was trying to cancel a booking for NEAR full refund - reference number **. The circumstance is that the flight leading up to it earlier that day with Hahn Air Systems was cancelled. I provided proof to the EasyJet agent, Amrit (he wouldn't give me his I.D. number) during our chat conversation on 4/11/2017 that started at 9:40 am - Hahn Air Systems flight 277 leaving ZTH 10:20 am and arriving to Athens 11:15 am on June 6 2017.

I needed to cancel the EasyJet flight ** which was EasyJet 4824 leaving ATH 2 pm and arriving in NAP 2:45 pm - as a result. This was about 55 DAYS OUT from the actual flight and I figured it won't be a problem for EasyJet to unload the seats as it IS A DIRECT FLIGHT WITH VERY FEW REMAINING SEATS. I'd already gone ahead and booked a different flight on the same day from ZTH to NAP - PART OF IT WITH EASYJET. I tried to get my money back for the original flight booking reference ** and was offered and had to accept a whopping $25.36 of the $176.22 that I paid.

I did complete a Compensation Claim Form but received a strange response and Amrit did not provide me CONFIRMATION THAT IT WAS RECEIVED (per my request). So I filled out a Contact form as well and await response. I'm still looking for a larger portion of my money to be refunded. Going through Google, ConsumerAffairs, and the BBB, I read a lot of disturbing information that corroborates my experience. I think this is completely unscrupulous for a business to practice and massively profit with these hard line type of cancellation policies. My advice - obviously, don't take the chance with EasyJet. Shop elsewhere.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2017

Incredibly disappointed with my experience with easyJet. I understand that it is a nonrefundable airline. However I came down with a serious illness on the day of my flight and could not travel let alone get out of bed. When I called to cancel the rep on the phone told me I could be refunded if I obtained and sent a doctor's note. After doing so (in a foreign country) I sent in the information and was told I could only be refunded the tax on my flight. I choose NOT to travel for the safety and well-being of the other passengers and crew members. I'm sure they all appreciate that. You can bet I will NEVER choose to fly easyJet again and I will make sure everyone knows that. Just don't fly easyJet.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2017

After hearing such a lot about being able to claim for compensation for cancelled flights and having been delayed by 2 days 4 years ago, and my company not paying me for the 2 days off work which lead to me lose £300, I decided to claim. It was relatively easy at first but they took ages to settle, as I had friends with me on this flight I passed onto them about claiming. What a fiasco it turned out to be, we are, after nearly a year trying to get the rest of the compensation back. It appears Easy Jet cannot, despite many emails and phone calls, get the message that only I have had the compensation but not the others. It is so frustrating... Shame on you Easy Jet.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2017

This company is just a trash. They have canceled my flight from Paris to Milan (**) at 26.06.2016. And they couldn't offer me any other flight. Moreover I missed my connected flight from Milan to İstanbul. And I had to pay fine and change my flight. I paid quite enough for this and I missed my flight. Such a nightmare it was. I lost a lot. Then I requested them to compensate my expenses. They have agreed about paying 250 Euro for each ticket after several mails and after several checking.

Since from that I am still waiting for just 500 Euro. Such a big company it is that they play several games and try to kidding me for just 500 euro!!! Very poor guys!!! Every time when I asked they send the case to their bla bla team. And they approve again and again but still there is no payment. They tell me that they have published a cheque but there is no payment. They continue kidding me. I ask for any kind documents which shows that they have paid but of course they do not send because they have nothing to send as they don't pay. They hope that I will give up but I will not. Till I got my money I will continue fighting. I go to court just for 500 Euro.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2016

Buyer beware. If there is at all any other way to make your travel plans I suggest using your alternative method. Their website and marketing material really make you think they are reputable and reasonable company to work with. They need to change the website to Buyer beware and we not provide customer service or support. Worst company I have ever dealt with. Common theme among customer that have had any dealings with them.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2016

We were greeted by a very unhappy baggage attendant who was angry to begin with. When we checked our bags we are charged more than on our first flight. We were also charged to check a carry-on, which on the first flight was said to be free. They were rude. The seats very tight and uncomfortable, and everything was an additional cost, even water when my mother was choking. They charged my daughter an extra 65.00 to change her name because it had her maiden name on it. She had a passport, visa, and Military ID with the same information but clearly they just wanted to make more money for a 2-second add in the computer. EASY JET = Not So Easy and more expensive than any other airline.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2016

On our way home from Naples to Stansted we were informed at the gate that the bags (that we had traveled out with) would have to be checked in to the hold at a cost of £45 each! This was after an announcement approximately 25 minutes earlier informing the flight that cabin baggage could be checked in for free! We managed to force our "extra" bags into our cabin cases and boarded only to notice we were following numerous passengers carrying cabin bags, large backpacks AND carrier bags full of duty free goods! This is clearly yet another low cost airline scam and will be reported to the highest level I can find. Disgusting!!

Original review: Sept. 17, 2016

Worst and most costly experience with any airline, hands down. They overbooked my flight, so I got to watch my plane board for 25 minutes before it left without me. Then they wanted to charge me 80 pounds to get on a later flight, with no guarantee of having a seat. Ultimately, I had to buy a ticket from another airline and sleazy jet wouldn't reimburse anything. Customer service people were embarrassed and tired of being yelled at for just cause. I will never use this terrible company again.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2016

Very bad experience. We arrived 25 minutes before departure at the terminal because of the delay from our British Airways flight from Lima and the flight was disappeared in airport screens. In our boarding pass indicates that door closes 30 minutes before, but most companies say the same and then gate closes 5 or 10 minutes before departure. Anyway, it's disgusting that in case of delays not attributable to you, as in our case, it's impossible to access the plane only 30 or more minutes before, and because of the delay is not attributable to EasyJet, this company wash its hands. In fact, about 20 people flying with EasyJet to different destinations lost its flight due to the same reason. That's not normal. Just in case, I'll never fly with this airline.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2016

I thought the luggage was included in the flight to realized once at Gatwick that it wasn't. I am asked to pay a fee of £30 which I do but the staff member who registered my suitcase advised me to do the way back online. I had the app so I tried to do it via the app which denied me the access. Worse, a friend of mine get access to my flight hoping to understand what's going on. 2 days before my departure the app was showing that my suitcase was recorded and that I did not have to pay. I tried to bypass that but could not. I thought £30 for a return was bad enough.

Cautious this time, not trusting their site, I took a picture of the screen as proof. Went on the day to hear me say I need to pay €40 fee! I show the picture of the screen with my flight reference saying I tried to pay online but was shown that page. They have trouble with their app which does not work but you are the one blame for it. The flight was delayed and we were even ask to move to another gate! I just wonder if the "flaw" of the app was not done on purpose so instead of paying a cheaper fee you end up getting charged a max! This would not surprise me. This was my worst experience ever. I will try to pass it on to their customer service with a formal complaint but if they are as bad as the UK Railway well, it will be a waste of time but this need to be addressed anyhow.

Easy Jet Company Information