3.18/5

72 Easy Jet Consumer Reviews

Original review: Oct. 29, 2017

Flight canceled at 4 hours notice and no help of any kind offered at airport. Thereafter they've been as difficult as possible and refuse to provide me with information required to submit an insurance claim for my significant losses. Having used them for many years without any major issues this experience has been a real eye opener. I wouldn't have believed it possible that any business reliant on goodwill would treat its customers with the level of contempt and dishonesty I've encountered here. Will never fly with them again. It's fine when it goes to plan but as soon as a problem occurs they just don't want to know. Making Ryanair look good!

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

I submitted my expense claim on Oct 4th. Since then I have sent them more than 10 emails with a receipt they requested. And a funny part is they've responded to my email in a day or two but they were asking the exact same information but from the different person?? This must be one of this company's tactic to delay a refund. Maybe they just don't want to pay back... I really don't understand why they are doing this…

My wife and I booked the 9:30 pm flight (EZY4568) for Sept 21st 2017 from Amsterdam to Berlin. They canceled a flight 2 hrs before the departure time and they even did not explain why they canceled a flight. Regardless, we had an appointment at 8 am in Berlin next morning we can't miss so we had to find another transportation but could not find another flight from different airlines or train. Only option we had was to rent a a car. We asked an Easy Jet customer service if they would refund for a rental car and she said, “Yes we do absolutely.” That's how we ended up renting a car from Avis to get to Berlin that evening.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2017

I was traveling from Berlin, Schönefeld Airport to Malaga airport on the way home to New York City, USA. When I got to Malaga airport my luggage was nowhere to be found. I reported it missing and gave the description to EasyJet saying it was a black canvas case with yellow trim. Several days later they contacted me telling me the description was a black canvas, multi-colored case. They did not even get the description right. I’ve waited 21 days and nothing. After 21 days the policy requires that the passenger send in a claim. Their website does not work and I am not able to contact anyone by phone. They also require proof of receipt of every item that was in the lost luggage. How are you supposed to provide receipts of clothes that are many years old. Moral of the story: Do not take any luggage on EasyJet that goes in the hold. Be careful of this airline, it is certainly something to be avoided.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2017

Upon arrival at Boarding Gate, Porto airport on our return from honeymoon on the 5th September 2017 I was issued with a new seat number meaning that I would no longer be next to my wife. My wife a bit upset and wanting to know why but due to the fact that there were a lot of people behind us, I didn't want to make a fuss. When boarding the plane I asked the reason being and the hostess replied that it wasn't up to her so I took up my new seat only to discover that my original seat was taken by one man flying alone, whilst the man could've been given another seat as there were plenty of spare seats left upon take off. Why split up a couple just for one person to be sat next to my wife? I would not contest to the fact if I was flying alone. My wife finally joined me on the adjoining seat and the poor person to whom that seat had been allocated had to take my initial Seat as I did not see why I should be the one to move.

This was the first time this had happened and I have travelled a lot over the globe. I don't like Easy Jet's policy where one's given a choice to reserve one's seat on Easy Jet's internet booking address but has to pay a supplement for it. Why! I thought your idea was to have competitive tariffs? So, if one doesn't pay more for one's seat, then they can just be sat at the last minute where your ** company wants them to sat and for NO apparent reason going by our experience. I've heard friends say the same thing but then, not everyone will take the time like myself to tell you. They simply won't fly with you AGAIN and my wife and I won't be either. Get your priorities and organisation in order before you start losing your clientele. People will talk and that's BAD publicity for you at Easy Jet.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2017

I have spent the last 14 months trying to claim compensation (expenses incurred of approx £550 for a canceled flight that was a fraction of this cost), having been promised by an Easy Jet customer service worker on the phone (verbal only) that I would be compensated without question. Eventually Easy Jet resorted to just ignoring my emails. I eventually went to the CEDR ombudsman/adjudicator who resolved the issue - I was paid back about half the amount claimed. I think it is totally unacceptable for Easy Jet to treat customers in this way. Lessons learnt: get it in writing! Use the ombudsman. Thank God that we have scope for arbitration. And it works!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Easy Jet?

Original review: July 3, 2017

After paying for carry-on luggage during check-in and assured that I had paid the correct amount for my family's three carry-on luggages, when boarding the plane I was humiliated and it was demanded that I step out of line and wait to pay for one luggage again. My two children (girls age 11 & 14) boarded the plane before me and when I told the Easy Jet rep that I was holding both my luggage and my 11 year old's backpack, she did not believe me. I asked that she go on the plane and see that my child had nothing with her, but she refused. She then proceeded to embarrass me by scolding me and making me get out of line.

To make things easy, I put the backpack in my carry on - which fit! - but then she said the middle of the bag was too wide (while others with much wider bags continued to board the plane). She demanded that I pay again for the bag or would not be allowed on the plane - even though my two children were already on. The supervisor came over and was just as rude and started to threaten that if I did not pay for the luggage, that she would call security. She refused to look at my luggage receipt or to count our bags already on the plane. I asked for her name and that of the woman associate, but she said that in France, they are not required to give their names.

I eventually paid another 60 Euros for my luggage (which was substantially more than what was charged at check-in). I should also mention that they wanted me to pay in cash but I refused since I wanted the proof of a credit card receipt and the ability to dispute the charge. When I finally got on board, my 11 year old daughter was crying - very scared that she would be leaving France without her mother and not sure why I had not boarded the plane yet. I travel for work at least once a month, and I have never experienced such bad service and bad behavior by an airline. They should not be in business and this type of behavior by an airline should not be allowed! It was pure intimidation and extortion and incredibly unethical.

Original review: June 23, 2017

2 flights in the last month 28th May 2017 - 2 cancellations - 2 weekends ruined, money lost, but they do not care. 1st flight - Rome to London - they announce a 2 hours delay and after getting all passengers at the gate they announce that their crew cannot fly anymore and the flight is cancelled. Now, they knew this since the morning as I received a message - how can they fail to program another crew for this flight that they know 12 hours before at what time it would arrive to Rome and how many hours that same crew had flied?? They tell us that they would get us at a hotel (it was midnight at this point) 25km from the airport and we would then need to pay the cab back to the airport. I had already paid for a cab to pick me up at Gatwick at 1 am. I refused to take that hotel as next flight was at 9 in the morning and went to a hotel close to the airport.

They refused to pay the hotel expense, they refused to pay my cab and they refused to pay EC compensation. Second flight yesterday - 22nd June 2017 - London to Rome - a whole weekend paid, hotel, rental car, return flight with another airline - everything lost - Easy Jet will receive my EC Compensation claim and my request to refund these expenses, but they will refuse, and they ruined my weekend.

Original review: June 22, 2017

Through OneTravel.com we booked Easy Jet roundtrip from Orly France to Faro Portugal. The day of the flight, at 1:30 am, while we were asleep and some 4.5 hours before the change of departure time from 8 am to 6 am, Easy Jet emailed us of the change. We were unaware of this until arriving at the airport and missed the flight. We had to book on another airline to make our obligations in Faro the same day. The notification was so late and untimely that we would not have been able to alter our shuttle arrangements to the airport even if we had been monitoring our emails at 1:30 in the morning.

Original review: May 12, 2017

They made my father buy a whole row of seats because he couldn't bend his leg. He paid £500 and they allocated seats stretching over another passenger and the aisle. The flight attendants told us to complain (you only need three seats if you need leg elevation apparently which we said we didn't need - there's easily loads of leg room in the seats anyway). 8 unreturned phone calls each lasting ca. 30 mins. No written response. Finally got to speak to a manager who made up 4 hilarious erroneous excuses for not giving a refund ranging from 'you used the seats' (er no) to 'you didn't pay for the seats in the first place' (er yes we did) to 'you had extra leg room seats' (er no... er) to 'you chose not to use the seats' (er... why would we?). So now I have to go to CEDA. They are disgraceful. Unfortunately I have to keep using them but I will never flush an Easy Jet toilet again!

Original review: April 28, 2017

I was quite apprehensive about my domestic flight while vacationing in France (from Toulouse to Paris) due to a previous experience which wasn't super positive as I had to trash my carry-on baggage which didn't fit the dimensions just before boarding, wearing all my clothes on top of mine so I wouldn't pay a ridiculous fee to have it checked. This time, I was traveling with my infant daughter and from beginning to end, it was perfect: the staff from the counter to the plane was very attentive and Axel and his team went above and beyond to assign a seat for both of us. Even the pilot said hi to us which was great. I had an awesome time and would not only fly again with them but recommend them.

Easy Jet Company Information