3.44/5

66 Easy Jet Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Dec. 24, 2009

My message to the Head of Operations of Easyjet this past Friday 18/12/09 and no response: What a horrible experience with your airline. I was the first to arrive at the airport 2 hours before my flight at Gatwick to have to stand in a queue that stretched outside the terminal into the cold and wait for over an hour (not so much as a warm cup of liquid to tide the time and inconvenience of an extensive wait). Then to be handed a photocopied sheet of paper indicating my flight had been cancelled with the request that I call a customer service number at 7:30am, although your customer service center did not open until 9am. And then to add insult to injury, the indication that the call would be charged at 10p per minute or more from a mobile!

What sort of operation are you running? Why were the same flights with British Airways and Thomson to Marrakech able to leave today, and yet Easyjet could not fly its customers to Marrakech or other cancelled destinations? Why could you not put on more flights as the weather cleared? I would not be so angry if it were not for your incompetence. The weather forecast was known for days in advance, and you were unprepared as an airline to manage the crew numbers needed should delays occur. You were not prepared to overwork your staff but did not resource up to manage the flow-on effect that the weather would have on your operation.

You also did nothing to advise your customers travelling from across Britain to catch their flights that their flights were likely to be delayed or cancelled. You have my details, and I received nothing from you; no warning. I wasted my time getting up at 3am and fuel driving to travel to Gatwick where I then waited for over an hour in a queue in freezing weather to then be passed a slip of paper by a person from Menzies, not even an Easyjet staff member, and told the flight was cancelled and to come on another day.

Wake up and realize that your brand suffers every time you treat your customers like this. Those affected also tell others. It is an open market and every one of your customers is now working harder than ever before to keep their jobs. I certainly will be re-considering whether to use Easyjet again. The experience today was nothing less than disgraceful; and frankly, I'd rather give my hard earned money to an airline that cares about its customers and has the foresight to plan its operation effectively and with courtesy. I saw neither of this today. You need to seriously lift your game.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2009

My flight was cancelled and so Easyjet gave me a 279 euro credit. They say that I can only make a reservation if I call their reservation center, but none of the phone numbers (0044-870-6000-000 and 0044-871-2442-366) that they have given me work. I have tried several times. I now have a 279 credit that I cannot figure out how to use.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2009

EasyJet – Buyer beware!

I'm still in shock, but I'll keep this short. Today I flew from London to Barcelona. I paid for two bags on the EasyJet website. One bag allowance was equal to 20 kg, so I presumed that two bags would allow 20 kg more - like all airlines do. I had two pieces of luggage: one 20kg, one 10kg.

At check in, I was told that I had to pay 100 pounds in addition to the 9 pounds extra I paid online for the second bag. Apparently, no matter how many bags you check in, your maximum will always be 20kg. Buying more bags apparently does not mean you get more weight to carry. I fly for a living, and this is the first time an airline has ever so sneakily inserted hidden fees like this. A gentleman next to me was livid because he was asked to pay 400 pounds for four bags he had applied for online (as I did). I then spoke to at least 5 other people around me at the airport, and none of them were aware of this rule.

I spoke to four employees and demanded to speak to a manager. All of them said that there was none available. All of them repeatedly said that the policy on the website says, "20 kgs. max", but it is simply not clear enough. Had I known that an extra bag would cost four times the amount of the flight, I would have gone to another airline. I called customer service while I waited to board the plane. The agent was nice and calm, and repeatedly told me that the policy is stated online. I then repeatedly told him that this policy needs to be made much clearer on the website, and that they cannot continue to trick their customers into thinking that when they purchase an extra bag at 9 UK pounds that they are covered for a second check in item.

In their baggage policy, they write that you can check in up to 9 bags (at 9 pounds per bag). But how in the world is that even possible if the maximum weight of all bags is 20kg? You would have to be packing cotton or air for that to make any sense. It is unethical what Easyjet is doing. Their policy is intentionally misleading their customers and this cannot continue to happen.

Original review: July 5, 2009

I saved for this holiday out of my pension, so that I could see my friend in Portugal, as I had not seen her since moving there. Also, I have not had a holiday for over 10 years. As it was, I was really nervous about flying, but I managed it anyway. But I feel now I should have stayed at home as all elements to do with the travel were against me.

There's no help from staff, and they're very matter of fact. It was nearly 2 hours late arriving for destination out and over 1 1/2 hour late back home. As I have never used the internet before for flights, I felt there was not enough contact about the do's and dont's of travel. And as it was, my friends bought me a bottle of Porto as a present to bring home, and it was taken away for destroying.

I used to watch your program on the TV every time, and I thought how awful people were to your staff and even your self (Stellios). I always thought that most of the time they were out of line, but now, I can see that they were right and I will never ever fly with you again.

Original review: April 4, 2009

I am hoping you can help me with this. I have had no luck with Easy Jet so I am hoping you might be able to suggest ways and means please. I have also had no luck with any organizations in the UK. I am contacting you regarding Easy Jet and the way they treated me whilst traveling with them recently. I have had not much luck in getting a decent response from them, having sent 4-5 letters and emails to their customer services department and all senior members of management. I have had replies to my emails but they always seem to skip past the crucial points and ultimately in effect unfairly lay the blame on me.

In short, I broke my arm on a snowboarding holiday, and when I came to check in at Lyon airport, I was forced to remove my cast completely (with a Stanley knife borrowed from a news agent) whilst the check-in members of staff were very rude, obnoxious and seemed to find the whole situation very funny. These staff members broke Easy Jet's regulations which state passengers traveling with a plaster cast that has been fitted for less than 48 hours then the cast needs to be split (the split needs to run along the entire length of the cast). If the plaster cast had been fitted for more than 48 hours, there is no requirement for the cast to be split?

Unfortunately for me, my medical certificate did not show the time my cast was fitted, just the date. My cast had been on for over 52 hours and even though I asked if the supervisor could make a simple phone call to the hospital (using my phone) to clarify this, she refused and told me that the only way I could board my flight was by entirely removing my cast. I was left with a broken, unsupported limb. No medical help was offered or available when I asked for help. Making me cut my cast off breaks their regulations completely and their duty of care towards me as a passenger. These regulations are there to protect passengers, but this staff member's incompetence could have rendered my arm paralyzed. If this appalling attitude continues, then I feel that another passenger may not be as fortunate as I was to escape serious injury.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Easy Jet?

Original review: Feb. 11, 2008

Easy Jet has today obscured my emails from my hotmail account with a pop-up ad, which advertises their flights to Scotland. The ad may be in collaboration with the Scottish tourism board. The ad is constantly flashing down the centre of my screen, preventing me from reading my emails. I am unable to get rid of it; if I click beside it, it stays. If I click within it, it opens its advertisement. It if infuriating. It is preventing me from carrying out important work. I want them to remove this advert and ensure that this kind of abuse does not occur again.

I am disabled, recovering from surgery, and dependent on email for communication and my livelihood. I am at a crucial stage in a literary/creative project. This is delaying my work and adding to my stress.

Easy Jet Company Information