2. Travel
  3. Airlines

4.0/5 (225 ratings)

About Easy Jet

Easy Jet Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Easy Jet?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Easy Jet?

Original review: June 24, 2019

Had a family emergency where a family member was admitted to hospital and given only days to live. When I contacted EasyJet customer services and let them know the situation I just got a very matter of fact “it is not our company policy to refund flights in these circumstances” - no empathy and certainly not a company I would think many people would like to be associated with. I will never fly with this company again and would urge others not to spend money on a business with such a horrible way of dealing with its customers.

Original review: May 9, 2019

I travel for a living, and Easy Jet is by far the most predatory airline that I have ever traveled on. While on vacationing we flew from France Sevilla Spain on Easy Jet. While checking in at the ticket desk and were told that we could have 1 cabin bag. My wife asked about her small purse and the ticket agent told her that her purse did not count. While passing through the gate the gate agent made no issue about her purse. But while in line to enter the plane a male airline employee told us we needed to pay 60 Euro for my wife's purse. I explained what both ticket agent said and the gate agent not saying anything and he told me pay 60 Euro or miss our flight. With our checked baggage already on-board our options were limited. I signed my Capital One credit card voucher "UNDER DURESS" and of course Capital One sided with Easy Jet.

Original review: April 24, 2019

On departing Barcelona airport this afternoon 24/4/19 while standing in the queue the flight attendant came over to myself and my husband and said to us we were not able to carry my handbag or my husband’s passport bag on to the plane. I explained we had no problem with it from Gatwick to Barcelona. No questioning but the attendant said to us, “Well you’re not in Gatwick now. You’re in Barcelona” so pushed the barrier across us while we struggled with the bags going into our small carry ons. Everyone else was carrying handbags and other bags. People were asking us what had we done. I said I really didn’t know why they made us wait until the last passengers had boarded the plane then said to us there was no room for our carry ons to go into the overhead cabins so they would have to go in the hold.

To be honest I really didn’t want to argue because if we did I’m sure they would not have let us board. This woman was a very nasty bad tempered person who has been allowed to treat passengers in this way. Her colleague was very nervous around her. I complained to the Easy Jet staff on board and they are looking into this. Now would I travel again with Easy Jet to be humiliated? I don’t think so. I’d rather pay extra but as this was a gift to us from our kids we had no choice. Please save your money and fly with an airline that treats you with respect.

Original review: March 19, 2019

My wife and I have never used EasyJet before so never really knew what to expect. Anyway when we purchased our tickets we booked extra leg room, which apparently also gives you Speedy Boarding/Priority. What we couldn't understand was what is Speedy Boarding? When we arrived at the Boarding gate we joined the Speedy Boarding line, we showed our boarding card/paper and proceeded to a holding area where we waited for transport to take us to the plane.

This was approx 20/25 minutes, during which time wait more and more passengers arrived until the holding area and stairs leading to this area was full. When the transport arrived it was pretty much a free for all getting on the transport. When we arrived at the plane, we have never experienced anything like it, as pensioners we are not the quickest, it really was frightening, my wife was nearly knocked over in the rush by other passengers running to get on the plane. It seems the reason is the lack of overhead storage, so it really is first come first served. What we would like to know, what is speedy boarding/priority and how does it work. The flight and the cabin crew were first rate, but you are on your own once you pass through boarding control. Unfortunately this experience has made us realise that it is safer for us to fly with an airline that provides some sort of care for elderly passengers, we realise it will be more expensive but what price safety. Served.

Original review: March 12, 2019

Never will I ever fly with this company again! They are uncaring, rude and thieves. When coming onto my 6am flight I was informed that I would have to stow my carry on because they didn't have room. I've had this happen before with flights when it's a full flight so I didn't think anything of it. Upon getting to Gatwick my destination I noticed the lock on my back wasn't clicked in and thought that it was weird but I had a connecting flight to the US so didn't have time to think anything of it. When I got home I noticed that 2 small luggage cubes containing gifts from Italy for my family was missing! I have never had this happen and I fly at least twice a year. I have sent a complaint to the company with no reply. And I will not only never travel again with this company but I will share my experience with any person who brings up the fact that they are thinking of using them. THIEVES!!!

Original review: Feb. 2, 2019

Flying over forty flights a year never had such a AWFUL experience with airlines as I did with "Easy Jet". I highly recommend to use services of other Airline provider, initial cheapish price might be very expensive due to LOUSY and UNPROFESSIONAL service they provide. Day of the flight in the morning I received message about two-hour delay of our flight from Amsterdam to Manchester. I wish I never installed their application, sending notification about delay but then no further update about change to its original state!

We were still checked and behind security checkpoint and airport screens were showing that flight is delayed from 9:55 to 10:30. We arrived to gate at 9:50 and flight was gone. Although it indeed left the runaway 10:40. Clearly irritated ladies at the gate had good times watching us, pointing us to the service desk. Expecting decent customer care we stood one hour queue on your customer support. Arrogant lady didn't provide any support at all just offered to re-book our tickets for 280 eur total, while online price for new tickets was hundred euro cheaper.

So in good faith we bought next flight, as a custom with Easy Jet on Schiphol airport without any notice on the board about the delay (no message on the board after actual departure time) flight was one hour delayed. Causing us miss next flight (that we originally had 5-hour reserve for). There are another three people with a same issue caused by this lousy service. Without refund. Even the online claim form doesn't work for them (There was an error on the server uploading the file. Please try again in a few moments.) I assume it's overloaded with happy customers. Do your self a favor and avoid this airlines at all costs.

Do your self a favor and avoid this airlines at all costs.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

Wow, Easyjet and their staff at the Rome FCO airport are a joke. I needed to fly out of Rome to Paris on October 3rd, 2018. Our original flight was at 9:50 am. It was at the airport that I realized I didn't have my passport. I went up to the Easyjet Informations desk and explained to them that I do not have my passport and it most likely was left at the Hermes Boutique in Central Rome. At this time, it was only an assumption that my passport was with Hermes. This is because I received a missed call from a Rome number the night before. The next morning, I returned the missed call and I was sent straight to their Hermes voicemail. So at this point, all I knew was that I did not have my passport and that I have a missed call from Hermes meaning it is probably with them but I did not know for certain as no one picked up the phone. I wasn't going to get a definitive answer until 10:30 am which is when the boutique opened.

There were 2 people at the info desk- a man and a woman. I spoke to the man (did not get his name) about my situation and he said that it would be fine for me to go retrieve my passport from Hermes and come back and book a flight (fully knowing that my original flight was at 9:50 am and it would take me 2 hours round trip to get my passport from Hermes in Central Rome). He said that once I had my passport he can go ahead and book a new flight for me no problem, I just had to pay the difference. I went up to this man at least three times to make sure this would was the case. I wanted to make sure I knew everything I needed to know before leaving the airport and just wanted reassurance that there would be space available for me when I come back to book my flight to Paris. He said everything was fine, just go get my passport.

I get my passport, 2 hours later I am back at the airport and I go up to the Easyjet info desk. He is not there but the lady from the morning is and new lady named Julia. I spoke to Julia and she says there is nothing she can do and that I had to buy a completely new flight. I told her I had spoken to her colleague this morning and he said I can pay the difference. She tells me that there is a 2 hours time window to the pay the difference, any later than that you have to buy a new flight. I tried to ask her understand my situation and that her colleague had told me otherwise. She would not change her mind. I end up agreeing to buy a new flight. She couldn’t help me with buying a new flight and said I had to buy my flight myself either on my phone or on the airport computer. At this point I’m like, "So you work at the Easyjet info desk which is to help consumers book/buy flights but you aren’t able to help me with my flight..."

In any case, I buy my flight on my phone and realized I booked for Oct 04 instead of Oct 3. I go upstairs, told her I just booked the flight like 2 minutes ago but I booked for the wrong day, can she change the flight for me. Julia says that for her to change the flight Easyjet will keep 40-50 euros for the change (don’t remember exactly but it was in the range).

You can imagine how frustrated I was at this point. I compromise and purchase a new flight even though her colleague told me I would only have to pay the difference, I go and book my own flight because Julia, an Easyjet employee with a computer right in front her, says that she can’t help me, and on top of that they are charging me to change a flight that I literally had booked 2 minutes prior to talking to her. It just didn’t make any sense. Nowhere did I read that there is a 2 hour time limit on booking a new flight. Nowhere did I see that Easyjet would keep a portion of what you had paid just to change the flight on top of paying a difference.

All I can say is DO NOT FLY THIS AIRLINE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES. YOU ARE CHARGED FOR EVERY MINOR CHANGE/DETAIL. The employees are incompetent, inefficient, and most importantly DISHONEST. The customer service was absolutely horrid and honestly non-existent. Julia was not able to help me with anything but charge me more money. Easyjet employees are a reflection on the company and after this experience with them, I advise anyone and everyone to take their time and money elsewhere. It’s not worth it to fly this cheap airline.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

EasyJet lost our stroller/pushchair on a flight from Paris to Edinburgh. After a day of carrying a 1 year old, I called to see if a temporary replacement would be covered under their "emergency needs". I got a very vague non-committal response. We decided to buy a replacement (keeping it cheap and within the 1-day allowance in their policies). Well, I am glad we did. We went through the subsequent 2 weeks with EasyJet having no idea where our stroller was. I filed the claim for the replacement pushchair once we could. They took forever to reply. Then when they did, they asked for the receipt. I submitted that within hours of their request for it. Weeks later, and 3 follow-up emails, and I've heard nothing. I see that staff is posting my emails to my claim. But nothing more. They still owe us £69 for this replacement we had to get (and that was the cheapest we could find locally).

The original stroller went to secondary tracing. Secondary tracing didn't find it until 2 days (supposedly) after I received an email that I should open a claim for the original stroller. I hadn't started a claim on that yet, so I figured I would wait for them to get it to me. I had very little information as time passed. I followed up in email (they actually were decent in replying to emails, at least), and they said they were sending it out on a specific flight at a specific time. They indicated that the receiving airline (since they don't operate in California, USA) would contact me when they receive it.

A week went by, so I called Delta to find out where it is. They never received it from British Airways (was to be sent from EDI to Las Vegas via BA, then to California via Delta). Delta was helpful in telling me everything they could see based on a "Temporary" baggage tag number and claim number, which included info about the original claim and setup for shipping. They had no info on any scans for the baggage.

I tried contacting British Airways to see if they had more information, and they were useless. They said they can't look anything up based on the temporary tag number. So, I have no idea if BA ever even received it to be sent to me. I contacted EasyJet Secondary Tracing again via email. They replied back and suggested that I just file a claim. Joy! Like their claims department is any better?! Sigh!

So, I try to file a claim for the original bag. I get a message from the form website saying that my email already has a claim for that flight and to log in and get updates on that. What? People don't have more than one claim?? I guess I can try updating that one to add an additional loss. But given they aren't even replying on my claim at all (just adding my emails to the claim log 1-2 days after I send them), I am guessing I will get nowhere, and I will be at a loss of about $200 (between original stroller, and the money I had to spend on a second subpar stroller). I wonder if the credit card company I used to buy the ticket can do anything to reverse funds due to failure to deliver the service of delivering my luggage in whole.

Legal recourse seems like it would be challenging since I'm in the US and they do not legally operate as a business in the US. All I can say is that every possible review site I find will be getting a copy of this review. Never ever ever ever fly EasyJet! I am appalled at the care of their customer. And a business that is this bad at handling their mistakes and not making things right with their customer does not deserve to be in business!

Original review: July 26, 2018

The agent was helpful but the management adherence to the policies and no flexibility was a very negative experience for us. We had to change our dates by just one week with nearly 2 months notice and were just outside the 60 day window for the penalty increasing to £47 per person, that combined with the additional cost of the new flights plus all the additional excess baggage fees and legroom fees (they had to be paid again in full) meant that we moved our flights by one week and ended up paying £1000 in total for two flights that started life as £59/79 flights or similar.

The policy is correct but the absolute lack of flexibility and the double charging of all extras is a real hit. We are now financially disadvantaged to a good tune and Easy Jet were very unsympathetic - just 'the policy states' - 'the policy states'. Most other places I have ever dealt with will try to help you as a customer in this respect but not Easy Jet. They must be very self-assured in a very competitive world, however they shouldn't be because me and my family will not use them again, not because of the policy but because of their lack of understanding and robotic response to a customer with needs.

Original review: May 17, 2018

I faced discrimination in Berlin Germany. The lady embarrassed me when I tried combining my carry on with my personal item. She seemed very upset when I did not speak German. Then refused to speak to me in French even after I had heard her speaking French with another co-worker. I believe her unprofessionalism is a reflection of how the company treats the employees. Especially because easyJet has so many negative comments, it shows that the staff is miserable and poorly trained by the company. I am never flying easyJet again. I hope this company changes its ways.

Easy Jet Company Information