3.20/5

72 Easy Jet Consumer Reviews

Original review: Feb. 2, 2019

Flying over forty flights a year never had such a AWFUL experience with airlines as I did with "Easy Jet". I highly recommend to use services of other Airline provider, initial cheapish price might be very expensive due to LOUSY and UNPROFESSIONAL service they provide. Day of the flight in the morning I received message about two-hour delay of our flight from Amsterdam to Manchester. I wish I never installed their application, sending notification about delay but then no further update about change to its original state!

We were still checked and behind security checkpoint and airport screens were showing that flight is delayed from 9:55 to 10:30. We arrived to gate at 9:50 and flight was gone. Although it indeed left the runaway 10:40. Clearly irritated ladies at the gate had good times watching us, pointing us to the service desk. Expecting decent customer care we stood one hour queue on your customer support. Arrogant lady didn't provide any support at all just offered to re-book our tickets for 280 eur total, while online price for new tickets was hundred euro cheaper.

So in good faith we bought next flight, as a custom with Easy Jet on Schiphol airport without any notice on the board about the delay (no message on the board after actual departure time) flight was one hour delayed. Causing us miss next flight (that we originally had 5-hour reserve for). There are another three people with a same issue caused by this lousy service. Without refund. Even the online claim form doesn't work for them (There was an error on the server uploading the file. Please try again in a few moments.) I assume it's overloaded with happy customers. Do your self a favor and avoid this airlines at all costs.

Do your self a favor and avoid this airlines at all costs.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

Wow, Easyjet and their staff at the Rome FCO airport are a joke. I needed to fly out of Rome to Paris on October 3rd, 2018. Our original flight was at 9:50 am. It was at the airport that I realized I didn't have my passport. I went up to the Easyjet Informations desk and explained to them that I do not have my passport and it most likely was left at the Hermes Boutique in Central Rome. At this time, it was only an assumption that my passport was with Hermes. This is because I received a missed call from a Rome number the night before. The next morning, I returned the missed call and I was sent straight to their Hermes voicemail. So at this point, all I knew was that I did not have my passport and that I have a missed call from Hermes meaning it is probably with them but I did not know for certain as no one picked up the phone. I wasn't going to get a definitive answer until 10:30 am which is when the boutique opened.

There were 2 people at the info desk- a man and a woman. I spoke to the man (did not get his name) about my situation and he said that it would be fine for me to go retrieve my passport from Hermes and come back and book a flight (fully knowing that my original flight was at 9:50 am and it would take me 2 hours round trip to get my passport from Hermes in Central Rome). He said that once I had my passport he can go ahead and book a new flight for me no problem, I just had to pay the difference. I went up to this man at least three times to make sure this would was the case. I wanted to make sure I knew everything I needed to know before leaving the airport and just wanted reassurance that there would be space available for me when I come back to book my flight to Paris. He said everything was fine, just go get my passport.

I get my passport, 2 hours later I am back at the airport and I go up to the Easyjet info desk. He is not there but the lady from the morning is and new lady named Julia. I spoke to Julia and she says there is nothing she can do and that I had to buy a completely new flight. I told her I had spoken to her colleague this morning and he said I can pay the difference. She tells me that there is a 2 hours time window to the pay the difference, any later than that you have to buy a new flight. I tried to ask her understand my situation and that her colleague had told me otherwise. She would not change her mind. I end up agreeing to buy a new flight. She couldn’t help me with buying a new flight and said I had to buy my flight myself either on my phone or on the airport computer. At this point I’m like, "So you work at the Easyjet info desk which is to help consumers book/buy flights but you aren’t able to help me with my flight..."

In any case, I buy my flight on my phone and realized I booked for Oct 04 instead of Oct 3. I go upstairs, told her I just booked the flight like 2 minutes ago but I booked for the wrong day, can she change the flight for me. Julia says that for her to change the flight Easyjet will keep 40-50 euros for the change (don’t remember exactly but it was in the range).

You can imagine how frustrated I was at this point. I compromise and purchase a new flight even though her colleague told me I would only have to pay the difference, I go and book my own flight because Julia, an Easyjet employee with a computer right in front her, says that she can’t help me, and on top of that they are charging me to change a flight that I literally had booked 2 minutes prior to talking to her. It just didn’t make any sense. Nowhere did I read that there is a 2 hour time limit on booking a new flight. Nowhere did I see that Easyjet would keep a portion of what you had paid just to change the flight on top of paying a difference.

All I can say is DO NOT FLY THIS AIRLINE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES. YOU ARE CHARGED FOR EVERY MINOR CHANGE/DETAIL. The employees are incompetent, inefficient, and most importantly DISHONEST. The customer service was absolutely horrid and honestly non-existent. Julia was not able to help me with anything but charge me more money. Easyjet employees are a reflection on the company and after this experience with them, I advise anyone and everyone to take their time and money elsewhere. It’s not worth it to fly this cheap airline.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

EasyJet lost our stroller/pushchair on a flight from Paris to Edinburgh. After a day of carrying a 1 year old, I called to see if a temporary replacement would be covered under their "emergency needs". I got a very vague non-committal response. We decided to buy a replacement (keeping it cheap and within the 1-day allowance in their policies). Well, I am glad we did. We went through the subsequent 2 weeks with EasyJet having no idea where our stroller was. I filed the claim for the replacement pushchair once we could. They took forever to reply. Then when they did, they asked for the receipt. I submitted that within hours of their request for it. Weeks later, and 3 follow-up emails, and I've heard nothing. I see that staff is posting my emails to my claim. But nothing more. They still owe us £69 for this replacement we had to get (and that was the cheapest we could find locally).

The original stroller went to secondary tracing. Secondary tracing didn't find it until 2 days (supposedly) after I received an email that I should open a claim for the original stroller. I hadn't started a claim on that yet, so I figured I would wait for them to get it to me. I had very little information as time passed. I followed up in email (they actually were decent in replying to emails, at least), and they said they were sending it out on a specific flight at a specific time. They indicated that the receiving airline (since they don't operate in California, USA) would contact me when they receive it.

A week went by, so I called Delta to find out where it is. They never received it from British Airways (was to be sent from EDI to Las Vegas via BA, then to California via Delta). Delta was helpful in telling me everything they could see based on a "Temporary" baggage tag number and claim number, which included info about the original claim and setup for shipping. They had no info on any scans for the baggage.

I tried contacting British Airways to see if they had more information, and they were useless. They said they can't look anything up based on the temporary tag number. So, I have no idea if BA ever even received it to be sent to me. I contacted EasyJet Secondary Tracing again via email. They replied back and suggested that I just file a claim. Joy! Like their claims department is any better?! Sigh!

So, I try to file a claim for the original bag. I get a message from the form website saying that my email already has a claim for that flight and to log in and get updates on that. What? People don't have more than one claim?? I guess I can try updating that one to add an additional loss. But given they aren't even replying on my claim at all (just adding my emails to the claim log 1-2 days after I send them), I am guessing I will get nowhere, and I will be at a loss of about $200 (between original stroller, and the money I had to spend on a second subpar stroller). I wonder if the credit card company I used to buy the ticket can do anything to reverse funds due to failure to deliver the service of delivering my luggage in whole.

Legal recourse seems like it would be challenging since I'm in the US and they do not legally operate as a business in the US. All I can say is that every possible review site I find will be getting a copy of this review. Never ever ever ever fly EasyJet! I am appalled at the care of their customer. And a business that is this bad at handling their mistakes and not making things right with their customer does not deserve to be in business!

Original review: July 26, 2018

The agent was helpful but the management adherence to the policies and no flexibility was a very negative experience for us. We had to change our dates by just one week with nearly 2 months notice and were just outside the 60 day window for the penalty increasing to £47 per person, that combined with the additional cost of the new flights plus all the additional excess baggage fees and legroom fees (they had to be paid again in full) meant that we moved our flights by one week and ended up paying £1000 in total for two flights that started life as £59/79 flights or similar.

The policy is correct but the absolute lack of flexibility and the double charging of all extras is a real hit. We are now financially disadvantaged to a good tune and Easy Jet were very unsympathetic - just 'the policy states' - 'the policy states'. Most other places I have ever dealt with will try to help you as a customer in this respect but not Easy Jet. They must be very self-assured in a very competitive world, however they shouldn't be because me and my family will not use them again, not because of the policy but because of their lack of understanding and robotic response to a customer with needs.

Original review: May 17, 2018

I faced discrimination in Berlin Germany. The lady embarrassed me when I tried combining my carry on with my personal item. She seemed very upset when I did not speak German. Then refused to speak to me in French even after I had heard her speaking French with another co-worker. I believe her unprofessionalism is a reflection of how the company treats the employees. Especially because easyJet has so many negative comments, it shows that the staff is miserable and poorly trained by the company. I am never flying easyJet again. I hope this company changes its ways.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Easy Jet?

Original review: May 16, 2018

Cyprus Paphos to Edinburgh. Flight number EZY6946. Departure 21:30 Wed 16th May. Estimated 22:05. 6th time in a row late leaving Edinburgh with no reason giving. As you can imagine it's always late arriving in Paphos and leaving with the message, "Arrival 00:45 Thu 17th May. Estimated 01:20. We’re sorry for the delay to your flight. Please continue to monitor the airport screens and check Flight Tracker for updates."

Original review: March 27, 2018

This is the first time I have taken the time to write a review of this nature. Paul ** of Easy Jet (Newcastle Based) stands out so much that he deserves it. I have met Paul inflight over 12 years and he is always smiling, laughing, reassuring, creating a positive atmosphere whilst clearly keeping a professional eye on all of his duties. I fly 4 times a week and he is the only Steward that remembers my face and even what I like to drink! There may be a 6-month gap when we are not on the same flight and I have no idea how he keeps that level of detail in his mind. There have been tough flights, fun flights and tiring delayed flights and he is always, always upbeat. A great sense of humour and attention to detail. Sparkles. Despite all the challenges that flying can bring he smooths them all out and you disembark feeling happy, untroubled and ready to roll. Thanks Paul! Keep being awesome. Looking forward to my next Bloody Mary inflight.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2018

I was enjoying a very nice weekend with my partner in Lyon, France, we traveled to France with friends on Saturday by car. I was a bit concerned because I had lost my passport but I had a photo of the passport and a current photo ID driving license. These proved ok getting across the channel via the tunnel and there was no problem, however after I passed through passport control at the airport I was told at the Easy Jet departure gate that I could not travel because I did not have the correct documents and was told to go to the Lyon British consulate and was led away from the departure gate leaving my partner alone to go back to Gatwick alone without transport to get her from the airport to her home. All she could do was get a taxi which would cost in excess of £60.

To add to this problem having returned to Lyon I found out that there is no British consulate in Lyon now as it was closed down, so now I’m having to go by train to London and then to Gatwick. This had cost me time and a lot of money just because someone just couldn’t care less or make a judgment even though everybody else could, I’m too angry to say what I really feel but I’m sure you can fill in the blanks yourself.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2018

Easy Jet is so horrendous, it’s hard to believe how low they can seek: 80€ charged for a 6 kilos luggage overweight; pissing customers off with their stupid one piece of luggage policy; flights are always late... What did I do to deserve this honestly?

Original review: Dec. 27, 2017

A surrealistic AWFUL experience! I arrived at the London Luton airport at 5:50 a.m. for my 6:55 a.m. flight, which should give me plenty of time to do the check-in

********NOTE TO APPROVER: review already published in https://www.trustpilot.com/reviews/5a43f234a5b32906885d04cf********
and security process. BUT, some Easyjet employee there at the check-in desk just printed my boarding pass wrong ( only had half of the barcode on it), I couldn't get through the entry gate. Therefore, I was sent back and forth between the entry gate and the check-in desk (yes, the staffs there were friendly, but really not helping at all. They were just been nice and kicking you around).
That wrong boarding pass thing wasted me a lot of time. So not surprisingly, I missed my flight. When I spoke to one of their employees try to get my flight re-scheduled, he told me that my boarding pass was re-printed at 6:13, the gate closure was at 6: 40, SO I should have made the flight. Well, I was wondering how he thought 27 mins would be enough for me to get through all the people lined up there at the security check, Not to mention that I could have plenty of time if they just didn't print my boarding pass wrong!!!! !
Also he told I have to pay extra 80 pounds for a tomorrow's flight! That's really outrageous, I haven't yet even asked them to refund my waste of time and my ruined trip!!! I had no choice but paid them the 80 pounds for the next flight.
I've filed the claim on their website, hopefully I can get my refund and also cover my extra day of hotel expense.

But I saw someone says that they are not honest with refunds? If anyone know how I can I make sure they gonna give me my refund, please help me, Thank you ! !

Easy Jet Company Information