1.00/5
  • 1 star
Based on 61 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Dec. 6, 2017

338 CarTrawler Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

I rented car through Ryan Air for a trip to Italy, who unbeknown to me used CarTrawler. When collecting my car in Italy they tried to charge me £90. (Sound familiar?) For what I didn't know. When I refused (as I had pre-paid the full amount) the chap at the desk refused the whole rental. I then had to rent a car from another company opposite leaving me out of pocket for the full rental amount I pre-paid. After complaining, so far CarTrawler are not interested despite this being a clear breach of contract in my view. So my next stop is the small claims court.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2017

I see a pattern going on here. Therefore, although, I feel for all the others who got cheated by this company, I am not alone in this situation. I ordered a rental car through Thrifty, which sent me to their sister company Dollar Rental upon arrival. When I made my reservation, I was aware that most rental companies don't accept debit cards.

When I made my reservation with Thrifty, I saw that debit cards were acceptable. Unfortunately, I was blindly misguided to CarTrawler which accepted my rental reservation. They automatically charged a $90 deposit to my bank. Upon arrival to pick up my Rental Car at Thrifty who had me step next door to their sister company Dollar Rental, I presented my card at the desk. They denied my debit card which had sufficient funds to cover whatever additional deposit was needed.

I got very upset because I told them that I called the company to confirm that my card would be accepted. When I desperately tried to explain to them that I was told over the phone that debit cards were allowed, they said that the only way they are allowed was if I had a return flight ticket. I am a local. I was only renting a car to go out of town for 2 days. I didn't need a return flight. Apparently, it was a lost cause for me because I failed to read the fine print.

Before I finally went to another Rental Car Dealer that accepted my debit card, I asked them if and when my $90 deposit would be refunded. They told me yes. I was still so upset that I wasn't sure when I would get my refund. The day after arriving at my destination, I called the Thrifty main office to again ask if and when I would be receiving my deposit. They said it would take up to 3 days. I said okay thanks. More than a week went by and still, no deposit refunded.

It was then that I contacted my bank to investigate what the delay was in receiving my deposit. That is when they told me that the deposit came from CarTrawler. I had no idea that I was even dealing with a company called CarTrawler, which was located in a European country. All I knew was that I was TWICE told that I would be receiving my deposit.

My bank had me open up a claim against the company and gave me a temporary refund of the deposit until the case was settled. I gave them as much information that I could to present evidence. Sadly, on my behalf, I did not write down the name of the people who said I would get my deposit back. I was trustworthy in their word. I am now being informed that the temporary refund will be reversed. Therefore I have to pay CarTrawler $90 for a car that I reserved and showed up ON TIME to rent but was denied my rental. Now, I am not saying that the way CarTrawler does business is illegal but I will say this. THEY ARE CROOKED SCAM ARTISTS!!!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

CarTrawler stole my deposit because I NEVER actually rented a car from THRIFTY car rentals. Now neither company will return the deposit to me. Budget, Thrifty, Dollar Rent A Car, Enterprise, Hertz, Payless Car Rental, Hawaiian Airlines, Expedia.com, Atlantic, Virgin, Travelstart And a long list of European travel companies use CARTRAWLER as third party online reservation service. BOYCOTT these companies until they STOP using this company. They are thieves and liars. You will be sorry!

Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

Abandoned two vulnerable young women abroad and failed to refund inside 3 weeks (if at all - yet to be seen). As a direct result of this neglect, despite warnings about dangerous situation, they were robbed of all cash, valuables and passports. CarTrawler refused to process refund to assist and blocked correspondence systematically. Neglectful, unaccountable, irresponsible, immoral. Don’t go near this appalling company if you value honesty, safety or believe in basic human decency.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

I have been traveling on a business trip to Kuwait and I have booked a rental car through CarTrawler, Upon reaching there was an issue with my credit card and I was talking to my bank to solve it. The Customer Service Manager from SIXT advised me to cancel the booking and get a refund, and also advised me to go for a local car rental office where credit card will not be needed. I told the manager clearly that I will not get a refund, and he assured to me that I will receive full refund. SIXT and myself communicated with CarTrawler and CarTrawler refused to refund and their reply by email was very unfriendly. This was a very bad experience and I will never deal with both companies again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CarTrawler?

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

Cartrawler is classic BAIT & SWITCH scam. What a ripoff. Return time of day on the confirmation was incorrect by 7 hours. Total rental cost for 3 days - $89. Cost of the extra 7 hours - $195 plus tax etc. Fortunately had a backup reservation and only a small loss. Customer service completely supports the scam... Run the other way.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

I have had it with 3rd party bookings!! SCREAM!! I paid a deposit of $140, but then was charged the entire amount for the car upon returning. Submitted a claim, but can't attach documents to the case number. Their Customer Care email replies back with this email is not monitored. Hours to book a trip, then months to finalize charges!!!

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

Booked online with who I believed was the actual rental car company. Although the Dollar Rental easily pulled my info and receipt I'm told my Visa/debit card couldn't be used so I asked if we could change it over to my husband's name. They proceed to tell me to contact the online customer service. After 30 mins of trying to understand the foreign lady I'm told, "Well your rental has expired! (We were there 30 mins early) You will need to redo everything as if it's a new rental."

I'm just silent thinking this is crazy then she says, "You may or may not get a refund?" So it's ok for someone to take payment for a service that was never provided??? $361.00 gone and told within 20 days we should have a resolution after I go home and start a "case" through email. I'm shocked my husband is angry. We then had to scramble around to find another car to drive from VA to STL to say goodbye to his mother who is dying. I'm hoping to see the refund. I've never had any problem getting one with anyone else straight away not 20 days later or worse nothing! Isn't this stealing?

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

Hired a vehicle through CarTrawler and was quoted a price of $422.62, paid £235.77 and got the confirmation email from Dollar USA saying that when I got to Orlando airport all I had to do was produce letter, driving license and pay $110. When I got there I was told I had to buy another cover called FDW which cost me $455.84 plus all the taxes that in all cost an extra $578.22.

Anyone thinking of using this service do yourself a favor and stay clear of CarTrawler and dollar, have been to Florida numerous times and never before been ripped off like this by any other company I have used, last time I used Alamo and paid £330 total in 2012 for a brand new Chrysler 300. I do have the original email quote and final receipt from Dollar as proof but don't have a scanner to upload them.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2017

I made the mistake of prepaying online a 10-day car rental with Dollar on September 9th 2017. I did not know at the time that Dollar outsourced the actual "booking" to CarTrawler. When I reserved, I paid 1/2 of the rental charge. On Sept 14th I landed in Charlotte, went through reservations at Dollar, selected a car, walked around the car to ensure everything was OK, no scratches, normal car rental routine. Got to the front of the car, the small front lights were missing. I selected another car, walked around that one, it had a dent, but I said to myself Okay, I'm ready to go.

When I got to the exit, the booth person told me I could take the car, due to other damages. I had enough. I canceled the car rental. I did not feel comfortable. I asked about my refund for the online payment I made. They gave me the number to the booking agency, CarTrawler. They are totally unbelievable. I was told that It will take 20 days for me to possibly get a refund; they need time to Investigate. This is so outrageous. Stay away from both Dollar and CarTrawler. They are in it together. Dollar still has not release the hold. What a rip-off. I'll talk to my credit card company. Stay away.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2017

This company is rip off! I was charged for a car that I never picked up and now I'm told I never cancelled the reservation. I was charged 221.93 for a car that I never picked up and my reservation was cancelled within 2 minutes of booking. They have no record that I cancelled the reservation so they will not refund my money back. This company is a scam and you shouldn't use them because they are robbing people!!! This company should not be allowed to continue "robbing" and their website should be taken down immediately!!

Original review: Sept. 19, 2017

I rented a car online from Dollar Car Rental in Washington D.C., because of my credit I wasn't allowed the car; they wouldn't take a deposit. I was asked to contact CARTrawler - here is the email from them; "Sending to you an email on how to file a case for refund. I regret to hear that you experienced problems during the rental. In order to resolve the problem for you, we will need to create a complaint ticket for you, where we are able to keep you informed as to the progress of the investigation. We will aim to resolve your complaint within 20 working days from when it is created, but it can depend upon the type of problem and who the car rental supplier was."

"In order to start the process, we will need you to click on the link below which will automatically log you into our customer portal, and where you can classify the nature of your complaint as you see it, provide us a description of what happened, and upload copies of documents that we will need to pursue your complaint. Please follow this link: https://www.cartrawlersupport.com. Then enter the reservation number (booking number) and email address (email address) to login. To create your ticket, click on the "Customer Support" button. After you have done that, please chose the inquiry type that best fits your complaint, then choose the inquiry description that best fits your complaint. You may then in the details box, provide us with a description of what happened - the clearer you can be, the faster we will be able to start the process of investigation."

"The next step is that you must choose "Yes" for the question "Would you like us to contact you". When you select "Yes", the options to upload documents become visible. If you do not select "Yes" the case will not be processed any further. Finally, if you have experienced any charges that you would like investigating, please make sure to attach the copies of proof charges, and of course your supplier agreement. As soon as your complaint has been created, within the next business day, we will start working on it. We look forward to assisting you further." Notice the 'criteria' to get my refund and how they state that I don't complete the requirements they will not continue with the investigation. I am filing a lawsuit in my local jurisdiction, it will cost them more to send someone to defend the lawsuit and I will get my money back.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2017

On 12 Jan 2017, I caused an accident with a vehicle rented through CarTrawler on 2 Dec 2016 under hire contract number **. The excess was limited to AUD 3500. The car was supplied by Hertz; this firm deducted 4,309.84 from my Visa Card account. I had no contractual relationship with Hertz. However, CarTrawler obviously allowed unauthorized access to my account. I asked Cartrawler to refund the amount of AUD 808.84. This company did not reply to my request. Did I fall victim to thugs?

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

I rented a car through their website and then when I went to Avis counter in Turkey, they could not deliver my car saying that there is a security requirement by the government that every customer needs to receive an sms from their bank regarding leasing a luxury segment car. Anyways Avis advised me to contact CarTrawler and get my money back but when I did, CarTrawler declined my request and they charged my card for a lease that DID NOT TAKE PLACE. Their customer relations team never replies back on time or simply reply saying 'You agreed to sign our terms and conditions and therefore we cannot help you further,' it was very disappointing. I would not suggest anyone renting anything through this website, they are unreliable and they have no respect for their clients.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2017

I cancelled my reservation more than the required 48 hours in advance and they still will not refund my money. I have a time stamped email showing it was cancelled but it does not matter to them. This was my first and last experience with CarTrawler. I had used Dollar car rental many times and was happy with their services but they have also lost a customer for doing any kind of business with this company!

Original review: Sept. 5, 2017

THIS BUSINESS IS A RIP OFF! In August 2017, I reserved a car for three days with Dollar Car Rental at Chicago's Midway Airport. I was flying into Midway from DC. I selected the online booking because it appeared to be the cheaper resource. I picked up the car on August 17th, but due to an emergency, I had to return the car after only one day's use on August 18th. When I contacted Dollar, I was told to contact CarTrawler to get the separate pre-booking amount. When I contacted CarTrawler I was informed that since I had prepaid, I was not entitled to a refund of the unused days.

I always book car rentals online. I selected Dollar because they were the cheapest option. None of the agencies that I frequently rent use a separate online booking agent. And certainly not one with such outrageous practices. Dollar charged me $114.23 and CarTrawler charged me $151.35. Had I kept the car for the entire three days, the total fee would have been $500! This is NOT explained on the website. I certainly did not agree to pay two companies for one rental, and I certainly did not agree to such an inflexible rental.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2017

DO NOT USE THIS BUSINESS FOR ANYTHING!!! I "thought" I was renting a car from Thrifty for a vacation in Atlanta, Ga. Turns out, it was through CarTrawler, which is apparently based in Ireland (so watch what number pops up on your phone when you try to call them... I was charged $27 for overseas but I never put in any overseas number). I chose the "prepaid" option for the car, which was $131.81, because it was about $50 cheaper than non-prepaid (if I had only known just how much this choice would cost me...), and then would be charged taxes/fees/etc., upon rental.

I picked up the car on August 18th at the Atlanta airport, but due to an emergency, I had to fly home on the 20th. I contacted both Thrifty and CarTrawler, but was told since I had prepaid, I was not entitled to a refund of the unused days. OK, don't like that, but buyer beware. I also signed an agreement for $109.92 at the airport which was for the taxes, etc. which comes to a total of $241.73. HOWEVER, my credit card was billed for a total of $376.56!!! No explanation, certainly ZERO damage or any other issue with the car.

I contacted Thrifty to be told that this was a "known glitch with CarTrawler", something about "taxes" since CarTrawler is in Ireland, and that I had to contact them directly. Well, I did (as well as dispute the charge with my credit card company!), and I just received an email from CarTrawler saying that they would "not be able to offer me a refund" as I was charged for what I agreed to! NO! I DID NOT AGREE TO ALMOST $400!! And there is NOTHING that says I did.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2017

Never knew this company was involved in my Car Rental. Didn't get car and want refund. Car Trawler is refusing. Getting ready to file small claims action. Hope they show up here in Florida to fight it. I want my $107 back and will spend thousands if I have to for all the customers here that had a bad experience with them. It's time they stop ripping consumers off. This is for you all!

Original review: Aug. 22, 2017

The service provided by the CarTrawler partner (Green Rental Car/ADDCAR) was unexpectedly rude. The staff tried to force me to accept and pay for additional optional insurance. After I declined this optional coverage, they started to treat me quite offensively, so I requested the cancellation of the reservation and went to another company (Thrifty), where I was treated with respect and provided a very high level of service, for the same price, without them trying to sell the optional insurance as mandatory.

Summing up. Pay attention when you book your car with CarTrawler using third-party application as there are many swindlers in the market and certainly the Green Rent a Car and AddCar companies located at 4041 NW 25th street, MIAMI, 33142, FL and its employees are highly instructed to force tourists to buy additional services, they are badly educated and were forcing me to pay for additional OPTIONAL insurance, according to them, mandatory for tourists in the state in Florida. All **, because there is no obligation with this type of insurance. After declined to buy additional (optional) insurance I called and opened a case with CarTrawler (responsible for the book), and they did not return all the money charged to my credit card. After that they just closed the case without any explanation. Please take care of this company.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2017

Horrible customer service! I rented my vehicle through Volaris airlines with no knowledge that they utilize this company (Car Trawler). The vehicle was to be picked up from Budget at the Guadalajara airport kiosk. Upon our arrival, my family of 4 and I approached the kiosk and everything was going fine with the attendant until she offered us a $600 insurance package that would cover our 10 day car rental. I declined purchase of the insurance claiming that I had already purchased insurance through the airline (Volaris) at the time I made the reservation and that I had my confirmation certificate from Allianz Insurance. At this point, she picks up the phone without saying anything to me and she mentions to someone on the other end about our insurance. When she hung up, she immediately apologizes and tells us that unfortunately the car we had reserved had been in an accident and was not available for us.

It was obvious that it became unavailable after I declined purchase of the their insurance coverage. I asked what we could do and she said, she could only offer us the smallest car they had for the same price I had pre-paid through CarTrawler. I told her this would not accommodate my family and our luggage and her response was there was nothing she could do. I asked to speak to her supervisor and said I couldn't use her phone but I could take a taxi to take us to the main office outside of the airport to talk to someone. I tried calling Volaris and no answer. She then asked me if she should cancel the reservation and I said, no, I'm not canceling, I need a car! She said, "I don't have one for you and you need to tell me if I cancel." I ended up telling her, what else can I do and her response was that because I didn't reserve directly she could not help me and that she needed to put something in her system.

I told her, "ok, if you're canceling, give me a confirmation of the cancellation." Again, she refused and told me I had to follow through with the third party company (CarTrawler) since the reservation was made through them. At this point the neighbor rental companies (other kiosks) in the airport heard the conversation and tried to help me. I ended up renting a vehicle from Thrifty at 3 times the cost I had pre-paid through CarTrawler. Well, that same day when I was settled in at the hotel, I immediately called CarTrawler and notified them of the situation. A case was opened and I was instructed to send in all my information including the invoice of the new invoice for the vehicle I did rent for possible reimbursement. I was told it would take up to 20 days to be resolved. During the first 5 days, I checked the status and it said the case was closed.

I e-mailed them and they said I had to open a new case, which I did along with sending in all the information again (time consuming). What happens? Again 10 days later, closed again with no resolution. Again, I e-mail them and they re-open the case but ask me for all the information again and inform me that it will take 20 days (by this time it's been more than 15 completely wasted). Well, 20 days later I finally get a response that they CANNOT issue me a refund because their supplier (Budget) claimed that the vehicle was not available because I had to pick up the car at 1pm and I my flight arrived at 1:52pm but I didn't show up until after 2:30, therefore I was late and was marked as a "no show". Something that it is simply NOT TRUE and completely unfair to me, the customer.

I spoke to a manager, Mahasin and she refused to transfer my call to someone above her basically saying that there was no one above her and that nothing more could be done as long as the supplier (Budget) claimed I was a "no show" and that a full refund would not be given but as courtesy they would grant me $69 out of the $209.41 I was originally charged. This is very unfair since I never received the vehicle and what the supplier claims is completely false but yet CarTrawler is taking their word and refusing to credit my card. This company along with Budget (Guadalajara, Mexico) are a big rip off. I really hope that CarTrawler gets penalized for this fraud that they are doing to so many customers. Not only that but a situation like this completely ruins a family's vacation. Very, very bad company and customer service. DO NOT BOOK ANYTHING THROUGH AIRLINES THAT USE THIS COMPANY!!!!

Original review: Aug. 14, 2017

I booked a reservation through Dollar that used this third party CarTrawler. On my documents I was told I would have to pay a balance of $42.20 for taxes and fees upon picking up the car. Well upon arrival we were actually charged $89.01. I was told like others to contact CarTrawler who failed to resolve the final payment amount difference. Dollar and CarTrawler are dishonest, low life scamming businesses that should have a class action suit filed against them. I can only imagine how much money they have scammed out of people.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2017

As many others have stated below, I thought I was simply making a reservation for a rental car with Thrifty. I used my debit card, this "third party" (apparently) that Thrifty said they are not affiliated with (what?) charged me what was supposed to be a portion of the full rental price when reserving it early. Guess what? Nope. Thrifty said I needed to call CarTrawler (??), which I didn't even know I was dealing with and get a refund. Based on all the other complaints from people who've had their money stolen, I think my chances are slim.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2017

Flight delayed, rental place closed, no car but still charged! I rented a car for 15 days for my Spain vacation through Norwegian Airlines, had no idea the rental company they were using was "CarTrawler", it said Goldcar in the website. The flight was delayed, by the time we walked out with our luggage the Goldcar rental place was closed.

I came back the next morning to the airport and Goldcar told me the reservation had been cancelled that I needed to talk to CarTrawler since they had collected the money. I called them and they basically told me there was nothing they would do and they were keeping my money. I ended up renting from another company on the go and much more expensive and still have not been reimbursed for any of it! Their argument is that I did not pick up the car within 6 hours of the estimated time, but how could I? The place was closed!!! I feel like I was robbed of more than 600 Euros and seems like they won't even return an email.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2017

I went home for a memorial service on 6-19-2017 and when I arrived @ the Dollar counter they told me since I didn't have a credit card they would not give me a car. They took my $243.98 as a deposit but did not return it to me. My reference booking number was **. I got the run around from Dollar and the other company they told me to contact. I definitely have forewarned others not to use Dollar car rental because of all the hassle I received. I can't afford to not have my deposit returned to my account.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2017

Even though Thrifty's website clearly states they accept debit cards, they do not! I even called the corporate office to ensure they would accept a debit card from my traveler and was assured they would, so I prepaid the rental and the invoice showed there would be a small amount of taxes due at the time of rental, which he would use his debit card to cover. However when my traveler got to the rental office, Thrifty refused to give him the car, and CarTrawler, who handles the prepaid booking charges for Thrifty and Dollar, took the money and refused to give a refund citing it as the traveler's fault. This is absolutely criminal. I book between 50-150 rental car reservations per year, so congratulations, Thrifty and Dollar, because of this third party you use, I will take my corporate travelers elsewhere.

Original review: July 29, 2017

I booked a car through who I thought was Thrifty Rental, upon making reservation I made sure I could use a debit card and no major credit card was needed as I don't use them. NOWHERE did it state "major card needed,” it also stated “if using debit card a return flight verification was needed” and only that. Made Reservations, CarTrawler immediately took out payment for car. Upon arrival at destination I was told that Thrifty Car Rental would NOT rent me a car due to no major credit card/credit check (which I was never told about either). After talking to a very RUDE manager from Thrifty I was informed that it was not his problem and if I wanted refund I needed to go through CarTrawler to get it. I then said a few choice words to him and rented from Enterprise Rental which counters were next to one another and agent overheard what had happened and was very nice and accommodating.

After getting home called Thrifty and they were just as rude and I was told “too bad not their problem,” again to go through CarTrawler, so after 3 attempts to email and speak to someone at CarTrawler I have yet to get anyone to answer. So next move call bank and have them investigate and see if there are any legal recourse against CarTrawler and Thrifty. I say Thrifty as well because they are allowing CarTrawler to represent them and they are not being honest in their dealings as I thought I was booking through Thrifty only to find out it was CarTrawler. DO NOT RENT ONLINE FROM THIS SHAM SCAM OF A PLACE!!!

Original review: July 25, 2017

I was basically told by Michael the Lead at Dollar Car Rental that this company is fraudulent but yet they are associated with them. They are double billing me. This has been a nightmare. I made an online reservation with ETRAWLER. They billed me but when I went in to pick up the car from Dollar they billed me again. I specifically asked the rep both times why I was being billed for the amount when I basically made my reservation online. They brushed it off that the extra amount was due to "taxes & fees." Now my credit card is being billed from both of them. When contacted they both told me to contact the other.

Asked to speak with Michael at Dollar. He told me the company was a fraud but yet they are associated with Dollar. When asked to speak with his manager he basically said he was the boss then told me to speak with customer service but yet they don't take calls. My blood is boiling and I'm not finished with neither one of these companies. I also plan on going to the Better Business Bureau. Have never dealt with Dollar in the past and never will deal with either again. My whole reason to book online was because it stated it would be cheaper if you provided your credit card. STAY AWAY FROM ETRAWLER and DOLLAR CAR RENTAL.

Original review: July 23, 2017

Worst experience ever renting a car. I prepaid for a thrifty rental car through CarTrawler. When the car was picked up, there had to be a credit card on record in case of any issues. They charged me an extra $733 and will not provide any documentation as to why. I contacted customer service twice and have had no luck. Cannot find a telephone number to call. I reported this to the BBB. This is right out fraud. I am hoping that my credit card company will be able to help with this issue.

Original review: July 23, 2017

DO NOT GO ANYWHERE NEAR CARTRAWLER!!! If I could give a minus score I would, I booked at taxi transfers from Naples to my hotel in Scala and return for a family holiday through these guys and now realise that was a complete mistake. On arrival at Naples my taxi "123Transfer" (or later to be know as "123NOTransfer") didn't turn up because of an "accident". I was told to get a taxi from outside the airport and I would be refunded. This taxi cost €160. When I told him he refused to pay, I contacted CARTRAWLER (being the agent) who said they would refund but only for half the money. I had paid them for one half of the journey, citing "the small print!!!" CarTrawler eventually refunded me half of my booking after numerous phone calls to them (using my own phone which created extra costs for me and extra anxiety whilst on holiday) but that still left €30 out of pocket.

I continually made phone calls to CarTrawler during my holiday. I ask for and got guarantees from them saying my taxi would be there for our return. But, you guessed it, "123NOTransfer" didn't turn up, I tried calling the taxi company and I could tell my calls were being refused. I also tried calling CarTrawler but could not get through. I then text "123NOTransfer" asking what was going on and all I got was was a reply saying "He was in Milan and that I should get another taxi", well with me being in Naples. Milan wasn't much used to me. By more luck than judgment we managed to find a local taxi and by the skin of our teeth we made the flight.

I advised CarTawler of the return problems by phone and email and was advised they would refund again. After numerous phone calls to them still no payment. It was always me chasing their Customer Services, which they don't understand the meaning of the word. The agents I spoke to were robotic and didn't care. I was lied to about the refund being told it had been processed only for me to find out (AFTER ANOTHER PHONE CALL TO THEM) that it hadn't. Even their manager was worst than useless and also didn't care, I was getting very cross with their attitude and was accused of using "bad Language" but when I challenged that comment they had no answer. I was demanding compensation for all the phone call I made to them but yet again I hit the "Brick Wall".

They don't have a customer services bone in their body. All the staff I spoke to were worst than useless and full of lies!!! I am still awaiting an official response to my emails!!! So Vadim, Roger, Lisa, Niall, Rowena thank you for all the lies you gave me, they can't be paying you much as all of you haven't got a clue about customer service. But I guess that is the way your company want you to operate. DO NOT GO ANYWHERE NEAR CARTRAWLER!!!

Original review: July 22, 2017

This company has to be a scam. It is very stealth in their business dealings online. They do business with multiple car rental companies but you are not aware when you book with Dollar or others that you are actually dealing with CarTrawler. I had my online $55.00 deposit stolen by the company as I tried to cancel an hour late due to a delayed flight at LAX. So no car and my money taken. My credit card was unable to reverse the charge due to the company's stealth policies. BEWARE of booking online with DOLLAR and others.

CarTrawler Company Information