2. Automotive

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Find my match

Continental Tires Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Continental Tires?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Continental Tires?

Original review: Dec. 5, 2020

My Continental tires are already worn out, my car has only 23k, 3 1/2 old, I always rotated the tires when I was supposed, I don't recommend these tire at all, I wish Nissan discontinues using these tires on their vehicles!!

Original review: Oct. 7, 2020

Our 18 month old Continental tires have had 2 of the 4 tire sensors replaced. this has cost us over a $100 each to be replaced. Will never buy their tires again. The actual tires seem to be good no problems. Has anyone else had this experience?

Get buying tips about Tires delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2020

Within the past week, I've experienced two (2) blowouts while operating my 2017 A6 on the freeway(s): The first (1st) caused collision damage from the force of the tire literally exploding (guess who's stuck paying for the deductible). The second (2nd) occurred (three (3) days later) while I was doing the speed limit on I-696 in the middle of the day with clear skies and just out of nowhere, I hear a loud pop!

I contacted the dealership (Audi of Rochester Hills) to convey the aforementioned, their Service Center Manager stated that they recommend either Michelin or Pirelli tires: Then why are you selling vehicles off the lot with Continental tires?! Outside of leaving my comments on this site, I'll also be contacting the BBB in addition to an Attorney. I am beyond grateful that no one was injured during either incident, however, I'm certain that this company has been made aware of their piss poor products! If I could give zero (0) stars, I would have: Please stay safe everyone and stay away from Continental tires!

Original review: Sept. 8, 2020

When exiting the off ramp from the freeway my tire exploded. Very scary moment for me. My 2013 Buick Verano only has 46,000 miles on it. The whole outside of the tire is shredded. After googling the problem I found others that had the same problem with Continental tires. Needless to say I will replace all 4 tires with a more one. Being a senior I felt my life was in danger if it would’ve happened going 65 mph.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2020

Purchased a new 2019 Ford F-450 Limited with 19.5” Continental tires from factory. At only 18,500 miles the tires are worn out on the inside and outside edges. There are also chunks of the tires coming off. Vehicle serviced at Ford and there was never a mention of the tires wearing out. Noticed tires having issues and returned to Ford Country in Las Vegas where I was told that it was my fault they were wearing out. Was referred to third party tire company who informed me that they constantly replace these tires on F-450’s. These are on the front of this F-450 which if they would have failed could have resulted in serious injury or death!

Cost to replace front tires with only 18,500 miles to ensure my safety and the safety of others around me on the road was almost $950 at my expense! How is it that Continental Tires and the Ford Motor Company are allowed to risk the safety and lives of people? If anyone is interested in more information, I have pictures that prove this!

Original review: July 24, 2020

2020 AMG, Continental Run Flat tires are totally unsafe,10,000 miles and sidewall bubbles appear, one month later rear tires blows. I have lost confidence driving this car in fear of the tires. Complained to Mercedes Benz and they offered to pay half the price of one tire. Continental Tires are unsafe, I will be changing all 4 tires ASAP!! Based upon other reviews this seems to be a well known problem!!!!

Original review: July 12, 2020

I purchased a 2019 Chevy Blazer and unfortunately it came with Continental cross contact tires.. Flat at 20000 miles... Split inner sidewall front right. Had to buy new tire at $208.00. WILL NEVER BUY AGAIN!!! And telling Chev Corp to discontinue the brand or they should pay... IT'S BS!!

Original review: April 20, 2020

I purchased a set of Continental winter tires in Dec.2019. While product review was good, my purchase was solidified based on their promotion of a Rebate Incentive. Almost 5 months later (mid-April 2020), I have since had the winter tires removed and yet still no rebate received from the company. Seems like a scam to me. I've tried contacting them; get the "so sorry, it takes time"; then they tell me they sent the rebate 6 weeks ago, (which I have still not received) but they will re-send; so I will have to wait another 4-6 weeks. Completely unacceptable. Regardless of how many redemptions they say they have had, no rebate should take this long to process. Very poor customer service in my books.

Original review: April 17, 2020

I purchased the Pure Contacts for my Chrysler 300. I didnt expect to get 80k out of them but 40k was a bit ridiculous. I would strongly recommend a more reasonably price 40k tire and save yourself $500 bucks. I'm truly disappointed in these tires.

Original review: March 30, 2020

I just bought a 2019 Subaru Impreza last year in March and I got brand new continental tires on my car. Well a few days ago I travel to Odessa only 30 mins away. Before I leave town I check my car just to make sure everything is fine. Well I get to Odessa and I stop to get gas I see a bubble on the side of my tire on the front passenger side. It wasn’t there only a few hours ago. These tires are only a year old and I have them check with every oil change to make sure there is no nails or anything in them. It’s ridiculous these tires only got 13K on them the tread is still good on them and I make sure to avoid potholes and curbs. Continental needs to check their tires for defects cause a year old tired shouldn’t be getting bubbles.

Continental Tires author review by Lauren Fix

Continental Tire is a division of the Continental Global Corporation. In the United States, Continental Tire manufactures tires under the brand names of Continental and Uniroyal.

• Many locations: Continental Tires are sold through most major tire centers and through smaller, independent retailers.

• Online tire search: Easily find the right tires by using the online search tool. Consumers can search by several methods, including vehicle and tire size, or browse by category such as performance tires or winter tires.

• Online tire education: The Continental website provides in-depth tire education articles. Consumers can learn not only how to buy the right tire, but also safe driving tips and tire maintenance information.

• ContiComfortKit: This kit is a tire inflation product, which is stored in the trunk and provides a fast and easy way to fix a flat tire. This is one of the solutions for vehicles that don’t come with spare tires. The kit temporarily repairs flats that can then be driven under 50 miles per hour for up to 125 miles.

• Customer support: Customers can receive support directly from Continental Tire through phone or email.

by Lauren Fix Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

Continental Tires Company Information