3.1/5 (33 ratings)

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

Find my match

Continental Tires Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Continental Tires?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Continental Tires?

Original review: April 17, 2022

Do not buy tires from Continental Tire Company. They don’t stand behind their tires. My daughter's tires started dry rotting after two years. The tread separated from the sidewall of the tire. They wouldn’t warranty the tires. This company has had three recalls in the last 4years.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2021

Continental DWS tires are a great performance tire that can also handle snow. Pretty decent longevity as well. Have a set on both my cars now. Really close to Michelin Pilot Sport A/S on dry pavement, a little better on wet pavement.

Get buying tips about Tires delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2021

I have bought 4 new vehicles that were equipped with Continental Tires and had issues with all but 1 set. 7 of the tires were replaced by the vehicle manufacturer due belt separation and/ or flat spots. Currently, I have 2 more that are needing to be checked due to vibration. In the future, if the vehicle I am looking to purchase has Continental Tires on it, I will walk away. I have talked to Continental's customer service several times and was told each time it was up to the vehicle manufacturer to take care of the issue.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2021

Do not buy Continental Tires. The front are bald at 30000 km. They say 20000 km so I would need 3 sets a year. What a joke. I got Prelli tyres done 70000km better tyres. They said 20000km good. Would not buy Continental.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2021

I have a 2013 Toyota Camry 16" base LE trim. Continental Control Contact Tour A/S Plus tires have serious quality issues. All the sidewalls cracked caused a blowout while I was driving. I've only been driven less than 30,000 miles on those tires with 80,000 miles warranty. The technician that looked at my car told me he doesn't often seen a tire blowout so uniformly on the sidewalls that appears someone slicing a cake with different portions. He said most tire blowouts would either ripped apart from sidewalls or look different than mine. He said those Continental tires had such a weak sidewalls that's what caused the issues with mine. I will never buy another Continental tires again. They have serious quality control issues and could have caused another person serious injury while driving on defective tires. And manufacturing defect only covered under 1 year. Do Not Buy from this brand!

Original review: Aug. 14, 2021

Purchased a new 2018 Buick Encore Sport Touring. My car is now 3 years old and they told me I need new tires. I have 37,000 miles on 65,000 mile warranty tire and they are no good. I take my car for its regular service and tire rotation only at the dealer. I ask if there is a proration period on my tires. After checking into it they would cost me more to go that way rather than just buy them new without the proration. I ask how can a 65,000 tire be no good already and they reply was because of the roads. I have never had tires go bad so quick and will not invest my money into tires that will not last.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2021

I have had 2 tires form a flat spot. It is not from road hazard. The tires just failed in the same way. It is obvious they have a defect but Continental will not acknowledge or do anything. I will never buy any tires from them again.

Original review: June 22, 2021

Have a 2016 Nissan Versa. Have been changing tires right and left since I bought this thing (car only has 35K on it).The Nissan dealer changed out all four original Continental Tires (which I paid for). Since then, in the last year, I’ve had to change out 3 of the four tires (all have gone bad/flat, etc.). I’ve been to Pep Boys three times in the past year (switching out these tires with Kelly tires), thankfully I have only one Continental tire left.

These things are terrible. I’ve never have had any problems with tires like these things. Every time, I get a flat tire, it’s with the Continental tires. Even if it’s my fault somewhat, why did my original set only last like 25K?This is a work car back and forth to work, that’s it. The car has been maintained every 5K. Don’t buy Continental tires. Actually, I’m surprised Nissan recommended them to me at the dealership. Haven’t had any problem with the Kelly tires, either. All of the problems/money spent have been with Continental. Don’t buy, they’re garbage. You’ve been warned, spend the extra money for better quality. Kelly tires have been doing fine since purchased, too. Haven’t had any problems with them like these Continental ones. Overrated, don’t buy.

Original review: June 2, 2021

Had my 4 tires replaced on my Mercedes C Class by the local Mercedes dealership. At about 14K Miles (1.5 years later) I was returning from a trip and the rear of the car started shaking so violently I had to pull off the Highway to inspect. The Left Rear Tire Was obviously not round. After getting the car back home I contacted MB. They just said they were over a year old and would not warranty. I contacted Continental. They basically said talk to the dealership. I finally wrote a letter to MB stating my dissatisfaction being a long time MB owner. They finally agreed to replace the tire because of tread separation.

When I got the car back it was pulling noticeably to the left and would shake at speed and when the brakes were applied. I brought my car into a local reputable tire shop. They put it up on the lift to show me that two other tires (Fronts) were not round any longer and that was the shaking and brake pulsation problem. These tires are defective and dangerous. I just replaced them with Michelin Pilot Sport 4S. What a world of difference. Continental tires are sadly garbage now and they don't stand behind any warranty. BTW this is my 5th Mercedes that was equipped with Continentals. Never a problem in the past but that being said I would never buy Continentals again nor a car equipped with them.

Original review: May 9, 2021

This is my 4th blowout in 5 months. Hit a pothole....Blowout (2). Curb your tire....Blowout. Run over unseen object ....Blowout. Cost. 310.00 per front tires. 360.00 per rear tires. Hands down the worse tires ever on a luxury car. Stay away low profile tires regardless if that's all there is because the stress, frustration and cost is not worth it.

Continental Tires author review by Kathryn Parkman

Continental Tire is a division of the Continental Global Corporation. In the United States, Continental Tire manufactures tires under the brand names of Continental and Uniroyal.

• Many locations: Continental Tires are sold through most major tire centers and through smaller, independent retailers.

• Online tire search: Easily find the right tires by using the online search tool. Consumers can search by several methods, including vehicle and tire size, or browse by category such as performance tires or winter tires.

• Online tire education: The Continental website provides in-depth tire education articles. Consumers can learn not only how to buy the right tire, but also safe driving tips and tire maintenance information.

• ContiComfortKit: This kit is a tire inflation product, which is stored in the trunk and provides a fast and easy way to fix a flat tire. This is one of the solutions for vehicles that don’t come with spare tires. The kit temporarily repairs flats that can then be driven under 50 miles per hour for up to 125 miles.

• Customer support: Customers can receive support directly from Continental Tire through phone or email.

by Kathryn Parkman ConsumerAffairs Research Team

As a member of the ConsumerAffairs Research Team, Kathryn Parkman believes everyone deserves easy access to accurate and comprehensive information on products and businesses before they make a purchase, which is why she spends hours researching companies and industries for ConsumerAffairs. She believes conscious consumption is everyone's responsibility and that all content deserves integrity.

Continental Tires Company Information