Continental Tires

Continental Tires Reviews

Stars Rating

• 100%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Continental Tires?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Continental Tires?

Reviewed July 1, 2024

I buy my car on May 8 at the dealership. I had a tire leak on the driver side of the back tire and on the back passenger tire I have a nail and the tire went flat and they was Continental Tires that not good enough.

Reviewed June 30, 2024

After 73,000 kms highway driving mostly, plus recent tire rotation and alignment, tread's less than 3, and almost bald on insides. Pure garbage tires, beware, they wear unevenly and are dangerous. Worst tires in my 48 years as a motorist.

Get buying tips about Tires delivered to your inbox.

Thanks for subscribing.

Reviewed June 20, 2024

I've driven Mercedes for 40 years believing in their safety. I recently had a belt break in my Continental tire while driving on the turnpike. I am a senior and could easily have been killed. Further inspection revealed another tire bubbling and ready to break! Tires are out of warranty of course, even tho driving mileage is low. Two faulty tires! Definitely a problem. Going back to Michelin.

Customer Service

Reviewed June 17, 2024

Continental has Very horrible customer service and tire quality, My First front set of continental tires contisport 254/35 zr 21 on my Tesla, one of the tire blows out with 12,000 miles on it, so I had to buy front set of tires for $900 and then again one of tire blows out with 2000 miles in the same manner, so called continental for help and they say warranty is expired and asked me to take it to discount tires for further investigation and after wasting my two hours discount tires gets the same answer what I got, can't do anything as warranty is expired, Never buy this brand tires as the company does not stand behind their brand!!!! It's ridiculous!!!!

Price

Reviewed June 4, 2024

I drove my brand-new Tesla for only 500 miles and had a blowout on the way to work. I have been driving the same roads for the past 5 years without any issues.

All other past and current cars have Michelin tires and never had a blowout at all. This blowout resulted in other additional damage to the car and cost me over $1500 to repair. I don't know what to think about Continental Tires.

Reviewed May 11, 2024

Purchased a 2023 Nissan Altima equipped with Factory Continental Tires. 25k miles on the tires and my daughter had a blowout. Continental does NOT honor the tire warranty. They try to pin everything on the dealership when the cause of the blowout was clearly faulty manufacturing.

Reviewed May 2, 2024

I purchased a set new from my local dodge dealer. 65,000 mile warranty tires. Have just over 22,000 miles on them and down to the wear bars. 1 tire now has a wobble to it. Religiously rotate may tires and yearly 4- wheel alignments. Today they get replace with some new Goodyears. I will never purchase thrash tires from Continental again. And yes I'm returning the garbage to the dealer to see if they will help me deal with the company that fails to back its warranty.

Customer ServiceCoverage

Reviewed Jan. 23, 2024

The poorest-quality tires that I have ever purchased had the worst warranty service. My brand new Tesla's front tire started leaking at 17,000 miles. I took it to TESLA and Mavis, and both people said the tire is fine; there might be some manufacturing issue. I contacted Continental, and I returned the tire to them. There was no reply after that, and when I inquired, they said the tire had side wall damage and was not covered. Where did the damage come from? It was not there on two facility checks. Everything is fraud, and they do not want to provide the warranty service promised. I will never buy nor recommend these tires in my life.

Reliability

Reviewed Sept. 19, 2023

I purchased a 2024 Acura Integra A-Spec with the technology package, the stock tires are Continental garbage. To date the vehicle has 759 miles on the odometer. On top of having to air these up every two weeks due loss of tire pressure activating the sensor. I drive in the city and not that much as is evident by my odometer reading. These tires are dangerous and will likely lead to avoidable tragedies should the manufacturer actually care about the quality and safety of the equipment they pander. Acura is also at fault for not holding their supplier to strict performance and safety metrics. Also, for choosing a poor company to partner with, bringing brand reliability down with it.

Reviewed Aug. 20, 2023

Purchased continental tires due to good reviews (which I now believe were clearly fake) and had two blowouts and numerous bubbles all within one year. I finally decided to replace all the four tires with Michelins and have not had a problem since. In addition my daughter purchased a CRV with BRAND NEW Continental tires, less than one year and 20,000 miles later we are having to replace all four due to bubbles in sidewalls. I am waiting for some smart lawyer to start a class action against Continental as I see many people have had the same experience.

Continental Tires author review by Kathryn Parkman

Continental Tire is a division of the Continental Global Corporation. In the United States, Continental Tire manufactures tires under the brand names of Continental and Uniroyal.

• Many locations: Continental Tires are sold through most major tire centers and through smaller, independent retailers.

• Online tire search: Easily find the right tires by using the online search tool. Consumers can search by several methods, including vehicle and tire size, or browse by category such as performance tires or winter tires.

• Online tire education: The Continental website provides in-depth tire education articles. Consumers can learn not only how to buy the right tire, but also safe driving tips and tire maintenance information.

• ContiComfortKit: This kit is a tire inflation product, which is stored in the trunk and provides a fast and easy way to fix a flat tire. This is one of the solutions for vehicles that don’t come with spare tires. The kit temporarily repairs flats that can then be driven under 50 miles per hour for up to 125 miles.

• Customer support: Customers can receive support directly from Continental Tire through phone or email.

by Kathryn Parkman Senior Solar Editor

Kathryn writes about topics important to both homeowners and renters, including security systems, pest control, solar panels, warranties and more. Her goal is to demystify complex purchases and empower readers to make informed decisions. Before ConsumerAffairs, she earned an English degree from Northeastern State University and worked in community journalism and digital marketing for several years.

Continental Tires Company Information