Call toll free
3.22/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Store your sunny days for a stormy day — with Sunrun solar and a Brightbox battery. Sunrun solar and a battery give you more than savings. You’ll have control over your electricity, rain or shine. Sunrun is the easiest and smartest way to join the clean energy revolution. We’ll guide you through installation and 25 years of superior solar and battery performance. Go solar with Sunrun and take control of your electricity costs.

Sunrun Solar States: AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, FL, HI, IL, MA, MD, NH, NJ, NM, NV, NY, PA, PR, RI, SC, TX, UT, VT and WI

Brightbox Battery States: AZ, CA, FL, HI, MA, NJ, NY, PR

Sunrun Video
Sunrun Gallery (5)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

Sunrun Reviews

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Oct. 30, 2019

Everything was fine and the enrollment process was very simple. We haven't had any loss of power and the Hawaiian electric bill got lowered. I would certainly tell other people to look into Sunrun.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2019

My wife and I did a fair amount of research on solar arrays and liked what we were reading. The salesman came out and made his pitch. He said that based on the size of our house and our appliances we would need ?? kWh size array. He assured us that the array he was recommending would cover 90+% of our electricity needs. The array was split between the East and South facing roofs, I deferred to his "expertise" in the placement of the array. The system was up and running mid June this year. Around the end of July we called him out because we felt the system wasn't performing as advertised, he said we should give it more time to even out. Then in September I called Sunrun told the rep what our concerns were, that the system wasn't producing as advertised and we felt that the east facing part of the array should be facing west, based on the opinion of a solar installer we spoke with. She to said give it more time.

It is now the end of October the system is not even close to producing what he claimed it would produce. In our area the most expensive part of the day for power is between 3PM and 8PM, why during that part of the day would you place a third of the array on the opposite side of the house from the most intense sun? Not satisfied at all, feels like I was sold a bill of goods.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2019

Sunrun is the worst company to do business with, we have been waiting and waiting and waiting, why? Cause every time they sent the form to NV Energy they can't fill out the the application correctly. 1st the name was missing, then the signature was missing, then the permits where missing. And all Sunrun wants to do is give an excuse after excuse over and over and over on how it's not their problem and wants to just put the blame on someone else but themselves. Do not go with this company, they will do nothing but screw you over! Worst choice I ever made going with this company.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2019

I always wanted to go solar and having Sunrun was the first opportunity I could use it. I reached out to them through the phone and everything is working out fine.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2019

My wife had had a lot of interaction with one Sunrun salesperson, and we went with them. However, they lacked a single contact person when we enrolled. We were told that our project manager was somebody and that somebody then wasn't reachable. He was ill or out of the country, and different people were standing in to fill that role. It was very elusive. In a period where nothing happened for a couple of months, we were trying to figure out what was going on. It was really hard to find somebody who knew what our situation was and reassure us where we stood.

Then, installation took several months and the process was shoddy. There were a lot of different parties involved within Sunrun and their subcontractor, Premier Solar. They all did not always seem to communicate very well with each other as well. Premier Solar also had a lot of people coming and going, and a good number of them had less electrical knowledge than I have. I even wound up challenging them on certain things to make sure it got done right. They are only marginally trained and they did something to our panels and the connection of the panels to our electrical system that caused us to lose a lot of appliances in the house. So, there were some problems, but they eventually got the thing constructed correctly.

Once the system was finally constructed, there haven't been too many glitches. We've been up and running and we've been able to produce power from the panels. It was great in the summer and so I'm waiting how well we would do in winter. It will be our first going through complete winter so it would be interesting to see how the kilowatt and dollar balance make the outgoing through the winter.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sunrun?

Original review: Oct. 24, 2019

I originally decided to go with Sunrun because I saw them at Costco and thought they must be legit. A rep happened to be in the area and after going through a couple of presentations, decided to take the leap to go solar. We started the process in June 2019 and by August we were up and running... well kind of. It's been 3 months since we've had the system and we have yet to see any sort of decrease in our electricity bill. I've had so many excuses from "it takes a couple months for the system to show the savings" to "maybe SCE is not crediting the generated power" to "did you turn it on?," etc. My rep has been responsive to my concerns but there is no action/solution to my issues. I would love to just reverse the whole thing but don't know if that's possible at this point. I don't understand how a company like this can still be in business!

Original review: Oct. 24, 2019

For the most part, Sunrun's customer service was great and everything was very easy with enrolling. Our house has two electric panels and we get two electric bills. One panel has just the house on it and the other one has the air conditioner on it. When we first met with Sunrun, they told us they could do both, but after revisiting and looking at the consumption on one panel after a month, it turned out they weren't able to do the second one, which was very frustrating. Part of it was on them for not realizing that our consumption wasn't enough. You have to have a certain amount of consumption in order to get solar panels. But part if it was the rules and Atlantic City Electric saying no. Sunrun was able to do the other panel though and that process was very easy.

You can see that there are solar panels on the house and people think it's gonna make their house ugly, but it doesn't. Also, going solar makes me feel less guilty when I run the air conditioner in the summertime. We got it in July last year and at that point, because of the up-ramp and the air conditioning we used right away, we didn't really see a drop in the electric bills. But this summer, the bill from Atlantic City Electric, although still a bit of a bill, was significantly lower than it ever was. Even when you add in what we're paying for the solar panel, it's less than what we were previously paying for electricity.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2019

My experience with Sunrun was absolutely great. My nephew works for them. I completely respect my nephew's opinion for the company that he would choose to work for, and that he liked Sunrun. And so, if he liked it, it was good enough for me. I didn't even ask for a second opinion. When I enrolled, Nick took care of everything. The installation was great. I took a picture of the guys outside with their truck when they were done, and posted it on Instagram. And then when I got home from work, they stayed a little bit later, went over everything, how to read meters, and showed me how to put the app on my phone. Having solar is great. I look forward to no having a power bill every month.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2019

The enrollment process with Sunrun was pretty easy, and their customer service representatives were very good. But when the guys came out to install the panels, the experience was not perfect. It was a residential neighborhood, and they got there at 6 o’clock in the morning and started making a ton of noise backing up. They had those back-up beepers, and the neighbors all came out, and everybody was really upset. They were very unprofessional. There’s kind of an unwritten rule everywhere that you’re not allowed to make noise out of respect for neighbors until 8 o’clock. Before 8 o’clock, there should be no motorized noise coming off of your property. So, that was not good.

Also, we’ve had solar at our other place and they really facilitated getting the rebates from the government. With Sunrun, we got some but a lot of our kickback was because we bought our panels through Costco. I ended up just getting a Costco credit, so I had to spend the money at Costco. It wasn’t a cashback thing. And so, that wasn’t attractive. You get a gift card for Costco rather than a bunch of cash rebate from the government.

Since having the panels installed, we get a bill every month for the use of the grid, and we don’t see a monthly bill. So, it’s hard to really monitor what the benefit is. To me, the benefit is that we don’t have to use coal or nuclear. We don’t have to be responsible for fracking and all the other forms of energy that are not good for the environment. So, in that respect, every day is wonderful.

I'd tell others to check Sunrun out. It might work better for some people. The representative from Sunrun whose brother got married at our place was such a nice guy that when I found out he worked for a solar company, and we just gotten a house off of the farm that we were living on, I went with him. It was fun working with him. He was a very good representative. So, that was a pleasant experience. But had it not been that situation, I would’ve gone with the same company that I had been going with before.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2019

I was talking with the salesperson from Momentum and he was the person who brought in Sunrun. The enrollment process was done through Momentum. The few times I’ve spoken with their customer service team, they’ve been very nice and pleasant. It’s the letters that kept saying things that are not as nice. I’ve been so angry with these people now because Sunrun turned out to be the financial end of it. I kept telling the salesperson that I do not want to lease my roof and he kept assuring me that it’s not gonna happen. And that was a big lie.

First of all, Sunrun has no office here. Going solar is a state program and the Momentum salesperson brought them in. He went into my credit report four times. By the fourth time, he brought down my credit rating, that makes it better for Sunrun to say, “Yes, we’ll come in with you guys.” And Sunrun is charging double for the lease as opposed to any New Jersey State company. The basic point was for New Jersey State companies to be able to get the advantage of their own state people. And companies like Momentum were bringing in Sunrun because they were making money, and they've become the financer, because that’s what they did. All I know is that things just weren’t right and I’m trying to see how I could get out of this horrible lease because it should not have gone through if it was not a company that was in the State of New Jersey.

I’m still trying to get help from the state on this matter because I have spoken to other companies and they’re only charging their customers anywhere between $30 to $40 a month, if it’s the lease on the roof, while I’m being charged 95 or 97 and the increase of 2.8 is there. That’s the first year. But then it goes up even more. I did not get the breakdown of what it would be if I wanted to try and finance it to buy it outright because the way they made it sound, you would have to pay $40,000. Where are we gonna get $40,000? I’m a senior citizen and we’re primed because they get you all the good talk and then the next thing you know, you’re behind the eighth ball, and that’s where I am. I now owe them $1,000 because when I found out that it wasn’t being paid through my utility company Momentum, which is what I thought and I was incorrect, once they put the panels up on my roof, they were nowhere to be seen.

Sunrun Company Information