2. Solar Energy
Accredited Partner

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.10/5

Sunrun's solar systems and Brightbox battery give you more than savings — they also give you control of your electricity, letting you save power on sunny days to use when it’s cloudy or raining. Sunrun strives to be the easiest and smartest way to join the clean energy revolution, and the company guides you through installation and your next 25 years of superior solar and battery performance.

Sunrun Video
Sunrun Gallery (5)
View More View More

Sunrun Reviews

View 3 featured reviews
Resolution In ProgressRated with 2 stars
Original review: May 6, 2020

They didn't put enough panels on my roof and I still pay high electric bills. Have tried to contact them and they NEVER get back! Have tried to call the salesman who sold us the package and he no longer works for Sunrun.

Sunrun response

Thank you for your communication Vinson N. We are saddened to see how unsatisfied you are regarding your savings. We would be more than happy to review your concerns and go over your system's size and production. What you can expect in savings based on your offset. We have reviewed your system's production and it looks great there are no service issues. We will private message you with more detail in the hope of turning this experience around.

Original review: April 27, 2020

Good they do finance but there is only one place and it is either 10 or 20 years. It comes with a little warranty but you can purchase extra. They also do a lease plan if that is what you need. Overall they are good. I get mine through Costco.

Original review: April 26, 2020

I I didn't have a problem understanding the information given by the representative. He did follow up with me during the solar panel box installation. Everything was done via email for the CenterPoint Energy company. When the Installation people came they called a day before to let me know what to expect. They were at my home most of the day installing the panels. Everything went as planned.

Original review: April 22, 2020

Sunrun explained the package as buying the equipment over 20 years. Monthly payments based on solar energy production. Package was a power purchase agreement where Sunrun owns and maintains the equipment and after 20 years the contact starts over again. The price per kilowatt of solar energy produced increases each year; at the end of the contact it was over 50 cents per kilowatt produced. The contact benefits Sunrun in all ways and does little to benefit the homeowner. Sunrun receives the rebates, not the homeowner. The homeowner is charged for solar energy produced by the panels whether it is used by the homeowner or not.

Original review: April 20, 2020

I do not recommend SunRun if you have any desire to sell your home within 30 years of signing a SunRun contract. They do not credit your account until YOU send them the paperwork for selling your house. They don't prorate it to the new owners like any other utility, they do it when they receive the paperwork. Also, they continued to charge me 14 days after I sent my paperwork. Sold my house 12 March. Charged for the month of March on 28 March. Sent my paperwork for the transfer 30 March. Charged me again for 1 month + 2 days on 14 April. Even though they charge in arrears, they still charged me and my transfer coordinator and even the e-mail I sent to the CEO is ignored. I will never work with SunRun again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sunrun?

Original review: April 16, 2020

My solar system has been installed a year ago, due to technical errors made by installers, the system has not produced electricity for a year. From May last year to the end of November, I was ignored by Sunrun, despite the calls no one responded to the situation. In November they wanted to connect the system correctly, which I did not agree to. Because of the coming winter.

They called me in February and let me know that they would like to send me a technician to connect the system. I currently expect from Sunrun compensation for my losses related to losses caused by their unreliable approach to business (no electricity production throughout the year) and moral attitudes related to the stress they have given me because of their lack of competence. Three weeks ago, I sent an email in response to their suggestions on how to solve this problem. I haven't received an answer yet. I advise potential clients to think twice before entering into business with Sunrun.

Original review: April 14, 2020

Stay away from Sunrun! It is the worst company that I had to deal with! I’ve been trying to get them to visit my property in order to fix the display on the panel for past 3 months! I’ve done everything they asked me including pictures and videos of the panel! The panel is making loud clicking noise that radiates inside the house and I’m being told it’s normal! The panels are dirty and they are supposed to wash it, however I’m being told that it’s producing its KW! Absolutely do not buy property that has a lease with Sunrun because they will have you sign a form that basically says I can’t sue! At this point I’m looking for a lawyer to take over as it’s pointless dealing with Sunrun! Save yourselves the headache and stay away from Sunrun!!!

Original review: March 23, 2020

Sunrun installed a solar installation on my house roof 14 months ago. Everything from the initial sales discussions through to system start-up went smoothly and efficiently, no surprises. The installation managers were easy to work with and flexible. I had to delay the installation due to roof hail damage. The system has worked without any issues.

Original review: March 18, 2020

I called Sunrun customer service to get my display repaired on my inverter. They told me they would not replace it so I asked to talk to the manager. They told me that they would not warranty that item. Then I called back and talk to a manager, set up an appointment for March 17 to get it repaired or looked at and they never called or showed up.

Sunrun response

Hello William, we would like to apologize for your negative experience with Sunrun. We are saddened to hear that your experience has not been the greatest this is not the Sunrun norm. We have reviewed your account and see you are working with a Quality Assurance Representative to resolve the issue. Please keep in mind you can still monitor your system by going to mySunrun.com, you can see daily, weekly, and monthly data. We have scheduled an appointment to address your system's concerns. Feel free to private message us with any questions or concerns you might have.

Original review: March 13, 2020

This is my first review ever, which indicates my level of dissatisfaction with this company. We explained our electrical needs to the representative, which included adding an air conditioner, EV, and increasing sq-footage of house. The representative created a design that was way undersized, and installed an electric panel for additional $2K+ cost that was 100amps - which absolutely did not fit our needs.

We requested an electric panel upgrade by same electrician to 200 amps, and cost-sharing since we would have to start from scratch otherwise. They said they will try to fix, and kept stringing us along for months till we paid off the entirety of bill. After that, they left phone message that they could not do anything. This was extremely frustrating since they had no intention to fix the problem, but kept us waiting. And now, we need to install a new panel for $3-5K additional cost, having already paid $2K+ to Sunrun contracted electrician. Even the representative who sold us the system told us he has quit the company. I have never had such a poor experience with any company before. Especially, for such an expensive project.

Sunrun Company Information