Find Solar Energy Companies partners near you
About Solar Optimum
This profile has not been claimed by the company. See reviews below to learn more or submit your own review.
Solar Optimum specializes in solar energy solutions for homeowners, businesses, government and nonprofit clients in California. Its staff is knowledgeable about local and federal tax incentives, rebate programs and permitting requirements.
Find Solar Energy Companies partners near you
- Battery storage options
- Transferable warranties
- Free quote
- No pricing online
- Only available in California
Solar Optimum partners with equipment manufacturers like Panasonic and Tesla to offer multiple module options. The company currently provides free consultations in California. Systems include a 25-year warranty.
Solar Optimum equipment
Solar Optimum partners with Panasonic Solar to offer high-efficiency HIT panels with zero emissions. The company also provides panel modules from LG Solar with high power output and efficiency. Solar Optimum offers microinverters through Enphase, and the company is also certified to install Tesla Powerwalls.
Solar Optimum financing options
Solar Optimum lets clients pay upfront or finance their solar investment. Its financing options range from five to 25 years.
- Solar loans: You can choose a secured or unsecured solar loan. Keep in mind that solar loans can be transferred to a new homeowner.
- Solar leases and PPA: A solar lease or power purchase agreement (PPA) lets you switch to solar without an out-of-pocket investment. The main drawback is that you don’t own the equipment and aren’t entitled to the tax benefits.
Solar Optimum warranty
Solar optimum provides a 25-year warranty on new energy systems. The standard warranty comes with each installation and covers six categories:
- Kilowatt-hour performance guarantee
Solar Optimum FAQ
- How much does Solar Optimum cost?
- Solar Optimum's costs vary based on your location, the size of your property and what rebates or tax incentives you qualify for. Out-of-pocket costs also depend on whether you pay upfront, get a loan or lease the energy system. According to Solar Optimum, most homeowners who pay cash see a full return on their investment within five years.
- How long do Solar Optimum installations take?
- Solar Optimum’s photovoltaic systems usually take between six and eight weeks to install.
- Does Solar Optimum handle city permitting and inspections?
- Yes, Solar Optimum's staff is trained to handle local permitting and inspections in California.
- Does Solar Optimum offer energy storage?
- Yes, Solar Optimum clients can add Tesla Powerwall 2.0 home battery backup that provides power during surprise blackouts and natural disasters. Tesla Powerwalls come with a 10-year warranty.
- Where is Solar Optimum located?
- Solar Optimum is headquartered in Glendale, California, and has locations throughout California.
- When was Solar Optimum founded?
- Solar Optimum was founded in 2008.
Is Solar Optimum worth it?
Solar Optimum partners with well-known manufacturers such as Panasonic Solar, Enphase, Unirac and Tesla to install new renewable energy systems in California. According to Solar Optimum, California residents can save at least $30,000 by switching to solar. If you’re spending more than $75 per month on energy bills, your property could be a good candidate to go solar.
A link has directed you to this review. Its location on this page may change next time you visit.
- 3,827,373 reviews on ConsumerAffairs are verified.
- We require contact information to ensure our reviewers are real.
- We use intelligent software that helps us maintain the integrity of reviews.
- Our moderators read all reviews to verify quality and helpfulness.
For more information about reviews on ConsumerAffairs.com please visit our FAQ.
Did research, Solar Optimum was One of Three recommended by Consumer Affairs in the end of Dec. 2021-early Jan. 2022!!! All was going great, person I was dealing with was extremely helpful and answered ALL my questions and concerns. I "Signed all contracts" and then NOTHING!!! Calls were not answered, texts were not returned, voice messages seemed ignored.
I finally got someone to call me/email too when I refused to supply funds I had agreed to when First started. Found out the person I had been working with was no longer with company. Apparently they had no "Protocols" in place for such things!!!! Anyway finally got on track, solar Panels were installed 0n Mar.31, 2021. All was ok till I called to find out how I could monitor Panel production since that was promised as a feature and because I had MORE Panels than their "Magical" formula recommended to meet my everyday needs, I wanted to exceed. (Or so I thought) I happened to turn one of the AC units on and went to "Watch the little arrow that told me I was USING SOLAR" and not the "Grid". To my surprise, I was using SoCalEdison's energy NOT THE SOLAR.
I called Solar Optimum to see what was wrong and surprise surprise, I was told that was right, the panels only designed to produce enough energy YEARLY not daily to supply my home with energy. Guess under those circumstances I could've gotten by with Just! (ONE) panel!!! Why overbuy if my DAILY NEEDS WILL NOT BE MET??? In defense of this Company, they may have people that have no idea what the hell they're talking about, I do know I DID NOT MISUNDERSTAND, because 2 (TWO) different employees told me the same thing. YEARLY OUTPUT, NOT DAILY... Learn something new everyday and expensive too.
Solar Optimum Company Information
- Company Name:
- Solar Optimum
You’re signed up
We’ll start sending you the news you need delivered straight to you. We value your privacy. Unsubscribe easily.