Find a Business Services partner

Help me decide

1.1/5 (412 ratings)
Find a Business Services partner

Need business insurance? We got you.

See quotes from top insurers on Simply Business

Get my quote

About First Data Global Leasing

Need business insurance? We got you.

See quotes from top insurers on Simply Business

Get my quote

First Data Global Leasing Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about First Data Global Leasing?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about First Data Global Leasing?

Original review: Nov. 24, 2020

Incredibly difficult to get a competent and helpful representative. Countless calls and long waits over months trying to get closure on a lease buyback. It was a complete nightmare with FDGL and the independent sales organization (ISO) who sold me on an incompatible solution.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2020

Do not get involved with this company. The sales pitch is a lie. They tell you one thing and deliver another. Very dishonest. Would never do business with them again. I Was told my processing fees would not be any more than $250.00 a month after the card discounts and that there would be no equipment fee. WRONG. I allowed myself to get roped somehow into a lease that has me paying $15000.00 for equipment that I DID NOT NEED. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. VERY UNETHICAL SELLING PRACTICES.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2020

So very bad at customer service, they revised my contract and entitled themselves for extracting money from my account for 48 months with no cancelation rights. Been at the phone with them. All nonsense responses. They pass you to different department and when you ask for a supervisor you will be transfer to a line that nobody pick it up. Employees are so unprofessional and majority of them with a very heavy accent that you barely understand them. They're doing a very nasty business. I wish I never done that deal with them.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2020

Was contacted by First Data Global Leasing that my card machine lease was up. Agent told me that the clover was the same as the machine I was using. NOT EVEN CLOSE!!! After months of emailing and calling. Najmah ** got me a return label to send back and promised the lease would be terminated. Sent machine back, Months of emailing her to ask what was going on no response. She would call and hang up, I would call rite back went to voicemail. Insane contacted my bank to help. Needless to say I am Paying this lease off. They crooks plain and simple. Shame on First Data for suggesting this company!

Original review: Nov. 5, 2020

My business is forced closed by covid 19 since March but no support from First Data Clover... We may never open again but I'm being harassed to pay for services I'm now not able to use. It has been 8 months now but First Data are expecting me to pay up or they can help by setting up a payment plan LOL!

Original review: Oct. 19, 2020

Requested account on hold due to not able to even go in building by fire marshal, they refuse to help as we have already lost so much due to damage. They demand to keep paying on lease even with no money as we are out of business not by our doing. We want account on hold and demand State of Connecticut to get involved. Car slammed into building Oct 4 and building caught on fire.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2020

We started using Clover as a means to accept credit cards for our business. Nothing was explained to us about First Data Global Leasing. Nothing was said to us about leasing for 3 years! Their customer service is non-existent. Nobody to speak to that doesn't have a heavy accent and can't understand what they are saying. It seems to be a poor way to run a business if you have a problem, no one is there to help! Wish I had read the reviews before doing business with Clover or First Data! If you're even considering them, don't!

Original review: Sept. 19, 2020

I don't know how I missed these reviews before I signed this 3 year contract that's apparently not for 3 years, they just put that there and I can cancel anytime. I now see it's not true. So many lies. I was told no matter what my deposits are made the very next day. Lies! I was supposed to get two months free due to shipping issues, I don't see it. I asked for the most recent system I received 2018 system and was told it's the latest, online I see the updated one. Too many lies to dissect. Now I'm locked in for 35 more months! Hopefully there will be a class action lawsuit filed and I can break free.

First Data Global Leasing response

Dear latavia

I reached out to the owner of your account. To reiterate, the equipment we provided was the most up to date equipment we have. The sales representative had set the equipment to batch close to midnight however it can be updated to 9pm in order to allow the deposits. we offer 60 days service promise and can close the account if you contact the sales agent or CFI's support team at 1-877-995-9198. We can issue return slips to return the equipment and close at no cost. Thank you, Fiserv

Original review: Sept. 4, 2020

In my 8 years in the digital marketing space I've never experienced a lack of quality in service that even slightly compares to that of what FirstData delivers. I received a hold about 4 months ago now that has completely ruined my business. The hold was originally set because of "increase sales volume" - which is understandable. I spoke on the phone with a representative who was supposed to help me get this cleared but instead of this, the hold continued for weeks and turned into the money being held for a completely different reason which was "increased chargebacks"

How can you hold the money for longer due to increased chargebacks when the hold you originally placed was what started to cause the rise in chargebacks? We're e-commerce based, and since COVID, our products have been taking a lot longer to ship, or just not showing up at all. So with that, when an order is lost, I either need to refund that customer or resend the product - in most cases the customer just wants their product - but I can't do this because FirstData has locked up all of the cash that I needed to maintain positive cash flow and now the business is going in debt as a result of their lack of competence and empathy for a small business owner.

It's been 4 months of me just trying to get someone on the phone and I can't even get a call or email back. The only emails they send me are the equivalent of an automated bot response saying "The hold has to continue because of increased chargebacks" - I can't resolve the chargebacks without the hold being released!!

I know holds are natural with merchant processors, but I've never had a merchant processor hold my money and then completely ghost me - and in most cases other companies will listen to your side of the story and release the money. First Data treats you like a robot, just another one of their statistics and doesn't care about anything but lining their own pockets and taking your money, only to go and inflate their worthless stock's price as they hold your money.

I've had enough of their nonsense. I'm not a celebrity, but I do have a 500,000 following of entrepreneurs amongst my social media profiles. I'll be sure to spread the word of how awful my experience has been with FirstData and make sure that no one who's in contact with me ever signs up for their merchant processing services. What's funny is that I don't even have to exaggerate, I think anyone with a brain will hear this story and conclude that this is a company you do not want to work with. Avoid FirstData and its partners at all costs. This company is careless, unprofessional, and borderline scammers.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2020

I have actively been trying to resolve a fraud issue which in turn has frozen my transactions with my small business processing g. I have made 125 phone calls in 14 days & I still have not received a phone call back. At this point my business is falling apart because of the incompetence and lack of follow through with First Data. Because my client's $36,000 is being held in the universe with no resolution of it being released. The contractors he pre-paid me for are about to walk from the job and I will have to refund my client his money and reverse the transaction which in turn will put my small business in a state of having to file and shut down from Lack of funds.

First Data Global Leasing Company Information