Find a Business Services partner

Help me decide

1.1/5 (407 ratings)
Find a Business Services partner

Need business insurance? We got you.

See quotes from top insurers on Simply Business

Get my quote

About First Data Global Leasing

Need business insurance? We got you.

See quotes from top insurers on Simply Business

Get my quote

First Data Global Leasing Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about First Data Global Leasing?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about First Data Global Leasing?

Original review: May 7, 2021

We have used First Data Merchant Services for our business for 5 years. The customer service is deplorable. When we tried to cancel, we were told that we have a contract and that we must cancel it within 30 days of contract date. I called within 30 days and got a complete run around. Too long to type out here! Then I was told that I need to also cancel the contract with the Equipment leasing company (same company-different department) and they tell me that the contract for equipment is on a different time line than the merchant services account. So even though I have cancelled the merchant services account (after honoring the 5 year contract) there is still 13 months left on the equipment contract.

I ask her how this is possible if we opened the accounts at the same time. Equipment renews (automatically?) every three years-where merchant account is 5 years. So even though we cancel our merchant services with them (for so many reasons) and within contract -they screw you on the equipment.... RUN RUN RUN-there are many options for merchants service companies who CARE about their customers. What is crazy, is if this company had just had better customer service, we would have given them years of business.... What is the point of running a business if you can't retain customers by good business practices? And instead, you retain them by ripping them off? As a business owner myself- I find this a Disgusting business model. It says a lot when a company has their google reviews turned off doesn't it?

First Data Global Leasing response

Dear Ms. Karla,

We apologize to hear about your experience. I work with the presidential unit and would like to take a closer look at your case to see if there are any alternatives we can offer to try and settle the matter. Tpyically leases are non cancellable, such as with leasing vehicles, even if unused, the payment is due. However, I would like to look closer at the situation surrounding your lease. Please email clienthelp@fiserv.com with your MID, I will be happy to review further.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2021

You withheld all of our payments. My boss had to fire me because of you guys. Why?! You are horrible!!!! I have nothing more to say but I have to.. Stay away from Fiserv / First Data. Horrible people, horrible company.. Run run run!!!!

Get buying tips about Business to Business Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2021

So my fiance and I own L&L Tech Solutions. It is an electronic store and we focus primarily on e-commerce however we do have a few retail locations. We wanted our banking and merchant processing to be the same and we were processing our payments before with Amazon payments and the fees were pretty high. So our banker Eric ** at Huntington North Canton Ohio advised my fiance and I that setting up an account with them we would have a merchant account and be able to process payments with them. Before we switch to everything over we made Eric reassure us that we would not have any problems as PayPal had held $40,000 on our store as PayPal is typical of doing this. Branch manager advises that this would not happen and we were good to go!

We started to promote/advertise heavily around Black Friday and Cyber Monday. We did roughly $80,000 in sales in that time period. First Data withheld all of the money from all of our transactions. We sold around 100 laptops for $8,000 and since this was not the average ticket that we signed up for it caused a concern/red flag on the account. a security department reached out to us advising us that we needed the submit tracking details and other information about the customer and our products, etc. Typical security review.

So we submitted all the documents and we waited a few days. Still nothing heard back. But this time Thanksgiving has came and gone. The security review department was out for the entire week. December 1st we finally get contacted back telling us that we need to submit more information and that they would not be releasing our funds. We submitted more documentation showing shipments, tracking information, supplier receipts, invoices, etc. The money still has yet to be released. By this point all of the customers are starting to leave negative reviews and be very upset as they have not received any information about the product. Over 300 customers now mad and calling us asking where the product is. We had no answer for them only what First Data told us and this was that way for that three or four weeks.

This Monday I finally gave up. I'm canceling all the orders refunding them and hoping the customers repurchase with us under Amazon payments. Over $50,000 gone!! Run run run far away from First Data and anything to do with it! If you're processing payments right now with them or another credit card processor switch over to Square Stripe or another online processor. How can a company legally take $50,000 and not give it to who it's owed to?

Original review: Dec. 17, 2020

We started to promote/advertise heavily around Black Friday and Cyber Monday We did roughly $80,000 in sales in that time period. First Data withheld all of the money from all of our transactions. We sold around 100 laptops for $8,000 and since this was not the average ticket that we signed up for it caused a concern/red flag on the account. a security department reached out to us advising us that we needed the submit tracking details and other information about the customer and our products etc typical security review.

So we submitted all the documents and we waited a few days still nothing heard back. But this time Thanksgiving has came and gone the security review department was out for the entire week. December 1st we finally get contacted back telling us that we need to submit more information and that they would not be releasing our funds. We submitted more documentation showing shipments tracking information supplier receipts invoices etc the money still has yet to be released. By this point all of the customers are starting to leave negative reviews and be very upset as they have not received any information about the product over 300 customers now mad and calling us asking where the product is. We had no answer for them only what First Data told us and this was that way for that three or four weeks.

This Monday I finally gave up I'm canceling all the orders refunding them and hoping the customers repurchase with us under Amazon payments. Over $50,000 gone!! Run run run far away from First Data and anything to do with it! If your processing payments right now with them or another credit card processor switch over to square stripe or another online processor. How can a company legally take $50,000 and not give it to who it's owed to?

Original review: Dec. 10, 2020

First Data is a nightmare. I signed up with them and was told I would be charged $0.29 per debit card transaction. When I started getting hit with ridiculous fees debited directly from my bank account and started wondering what was going on I called and was told about interchange fees. No one ever gave me the rundown on interchange fees!!! I've been trying to cancel and the customer service is terrible!!! Every time I would call this joke of a company would tell me they have a transfer me to the person that signed me up. When I finally did get a hold of the leasing department I was told I would get a shipping label in the mail to return my equipment. I never did get it. Now these thieves are debiting money from my account every month and on top of that are charging me for having 2 apps installed on the device I leased.

First Data is horrendous not to mention they take 2 days to deposit your money!!! Lesson well learned. If you are considering first data run away. These are thieves and liars with probably the worst customer service I have ever experienced! If you're looking for a good payment processor go with a company that's made a name for themselves in good customer service where you can actually talk to Americans like authorize.net!

First Data Global Leasing response

Hello,

thank you for bringing these concerns to our attention. In order for us to assist further, we will need more information so we can identify your account. Please reach out to us at clienthelp@fiserv.com and include your merchant ID number as well as your name and phone number and we will be more than happy to research the matter further and respond to these concerns.

Respectfully,

Cody Nocton

Presidential Liaison

First Data is now Fiserv

Original review: Nov. 24, 2020

Incredibly difficult to get a competent and helpful representative. Countless calls and long waits over months trying to get closure on a lease buyback. It was a complete nightmare with FDGL and the independent sales organization (ISO) who sold me on an incompatible solution.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2020

Do not get involved with this company. The sales pitch is a lie. They tell you one thing and deliver another. Very dishonest. Would never do business with them again. I Was told my processing fees would not be any more than $250.00 a month after the card discounts and that there would be no equipment fee. WRONG. I allowed myself to get roped somehow into a lease that has me paying $15000.00 for equipment that I DID NOT NEED. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. VERY UNETHICAL SELLING PRACTICES.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2020

So very bad at customer service, they revised my contract and entitled themselves for extracting money from my account for 48 months with no cancelation rights. Been at the phone with them. All nonsense responses. They pass you to different department and when you ask for a supervisor you will be transfer to a line that nobody pick it up. Employees are so unprofessional and majority of them with a very heavy accent that you barely understand them. They're doing a very nasty business. I wish I never done that deal with them.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2020

Was contacted by First Data Global Leasing that my card machine lease was up. Agent told me that the clover was the same as the machine I was using. NOT EVEN CLOSE!!! After months of emailing and calling. Najmah ** got me a return label to send back and promised the lease would be terminated. Sent machine back, Months of emailing her to ask what was going on no response. She would call and hang up, I would call rite back went to voicemail. Insane contacted my bank to help. Needless to say I am Paying this lease off. They crooks plain and simple. Shame on First Data for suggesting this company!

Original review: Nov. 5, 2020

My business is forced closed by covid 19 since March but no support from First Data Clover... We may never open again but I'm being harassed to pay for services I'm now not able to use. It has been 8 months now but First Data are expecting me to pay up or they can help by setting up a payment plan LOL!

First Data Global Leasing Company Information