1.10/5

344 First Data Global Leasing Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

This company achieves the rare distinction of being oblivious to the appalling quality of it customer services. Once a month I have to change my password, but once a month the system fails me. I tried to ring them but was defeated because they asked made for the street number of my address. Like millions of others including, the Queen, there is no street number for my address.

As an alternative I was asked to insert my postcode on my phone. There is no facility for entering a postcode. I then tried completing an online inquiry form but I was defeated because the name of my company was rejected. In the end the only method of contacting them was to write a letter, which I have now done. I suspect that this will get me nowhere because they hate their customers so much. I also suspect that I will have to repeat the whole tedious and stressful procedure every month from now on. This company should make a far greater effort to stress test their customer services so that they are user friendly. It is clear that the people who design their procedures are of very poor quality.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

We represent a business that just opened on 8/15/2018. This week on 9/12 we discovered that our normal deposit that should have been in our bank account from 9/10 sales was not there. After going to our bank (BB&T) they informed us that a deposit had not been received on 9/12. My business did not receive a deposit on 9/12/2018. After contacting Clover Network Merchant Services we were provided with some information. We called back today to work out a resolution. We spoke with Will initially in collections. He then transferred the call to Jay ** (supervisor). Jay advised what we owed. He acknowledged an agreement to pay back the funds over 5 months. He said that he was taking the automatic payback and withdrawal of deposits out of the system. He then said that he would email the "finance" department to work on getting back the funds that were taken or withheld.

We called him back leaving two voicemails after not receiving any promised emails after 7 hours from the call. We then called back and got to Courtney ** (Supervisor) he was very rude, abrasive, nasty, and unprofessional. We do not have a resolution to date and need it addressed ASAP. We prefer to never speak with Courtney ** again and we want all calls today reviewed. Thank you for assistance in advance.

Get expert buying tips about Business to Business Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

Stay away from this unscrupulous company with their bait and switch tactics. They cold call small business asking you if you would like to save money on your credit card processing fees. Of course, who wouldn't want to save money on credit card processing. I was sold a 1% processing fee on all of my credit card transactions with a monthly payment of $349 per month to get that rate. The $349 monthly fee was not a buy down fee to get the 1% as their slimy salespeople would have you believe. What you are really doing is signing up for a 48 month equipment lease on credit card processing machines.

I used their processing gateway for less than a week for a total credit card charge volume of $8843. I got my first debit from my bank account today for $741.62. This fee minus the $349 per month leaves $392.00 in discount fees bringing the total discount fee to 4.43%. Beware if you sign up with this unethical outfit. You will not be getting a 1% discount rate on your charge volume. What you will be signing up for is a 48 month nonrefundable lease with First Data Global Leasing. #baitandswitch #scamartists #BuyerBeware

Original review: Aug. 27, 2018

Signed a lease based on the recommendation of Wells Fargo Bank. Should have been more careful and a lot less trustful. First Data gets you to sign a lease because the jacked up price of their machine is so much money. If you stop using Wells Fargo or close down and try to return the equipment they don't allow you out of the lease and send you to collections. They are the worst...never ever sign with them. There are plenty of other ways to get the equipment for much less if not free from processors that want your business. Do your homework and don't use your Bank recommended machines. They get a cut of the price. We will pay but we will remember and pass on the horrible outcome to everyone we can.

Resolution response: Aug. 24, 2018

Company agreed that once equipment has been returned and received, the lease will be cancelled and I will be released of the obligation.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

I spoke with a business consultant on Tuesday, August 7 and expressed the need to be able to process checks. I explained that I have several customers in Puerto Rico who prepay for items manufactured in my business. Although Puerto Rico falls under United States laws, I would like to eliminate the risk of shipping completed items overseas, not knowing first if a check will clear. Anytime an item goes overseas, no matter who the country is governed by, due to ocean freight shipping rates, it can be costly to recover them. Since I have clients who want to send checks, I would like to be able to process those checks. The business consultant I spoke with offered up the Clover Mini device, stating I would simply use the device to take a snapshot of the checks and the checks could be processed. This business consultant provided me with a contract to sign to lease the equipment for 36 months.

When I received the equipment, I downloaded a Telecheck app, as previously instructed. When using the Telecheck app, I found that the equipment, as shipped, would not work if the customer is not present. I would need a scanner to go along with the equipment. I called the number on the screen of the device to request that scanner. I was told, "This is Telecheck support, you need to speak with First Data Leasing." First Data Leasing seemed confused and said the device should simply take a snapshot of the check. I went through what the device screen indicated. I was then transferred to another department within First Data who offered me the scanner for around $250 or $25 per month. I said I should not have to pay additional costs because I communicated my needs to my Business Consultant, who did not disclose to me that I needed this additional component.

I was told to contact my Business Consultant's department. I previously emailed her, but received no response throughout the day and I had lost her number. I was given a number to her supervisor, whom I left a message for. I called back to the equipment ordering department again and this time, I was quoted over $450 for the scanner with no option of a monthly lease. I was rudely told this is firm and I am required to pay. It got late in the afternoon, so I stopped calling. This morning, I boxed up the equipment and inquired about sending it back. I called First Data Leasing, who got me back in touch with the Business Consultant's supervisor, who said the Business Consultant would be providing information on how to return the equipment.

After not hearing back, the entire day, and still not having the business consultant's phone number, I contacted First Data Leasing again. I was told I could return the equipment within 60 days but I would need to speak with a Client Engagement department. The Client Engagement department advised that I am obligated to this contract regardless of whether or not it was communicated to me that I would need to spend money on the additional component to go with the device to scan checks. The client engagement department would not provide information on how to return the machine. I now have this machine packaged and ready to return. No one will tell me who to send it to.

The representatives I speak with tell me that I am obligated to the contract, although the machine does not meet my needs and it wasn't communicated to me that I am required to pay over $450 for an additional component to make the machine function as I need it to. First Data has scammed me into this 36 month contract by not communicating to me that I need the additional component to process checks that are mailed to me from a company overseas. Other consumers need to beware of them. It seems to me that once my signature hit that contract, all customer service diminished. Now, the only communication I receive from them is how I am obligated to this contract and can't get out of it. This equipment is difficult to us and essentially useless to me and they won't even let me return it, gloating that they have me obligated to a contract.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about First Data Global Leasing?

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

Beware of the Clover/First Data Global Leasing Program. I received the equipment a short wait ago (2 weeks)... and wanted to return it. I have never used it. I'm unable to return it without a cancellation fee. I never had the opportunity to touch and feel the products until it was shipped to me. I received the equipment through Bank of America Merchant Services. SMALL BUSINESS OWNERS... PLEASE BEWARE OF FIRST DATA GLOBAL LEASING PROGRAM.

Original review: July 17, 2018

I am cheated by this company. They told me I can cancel my lease and return back my clover device at the end of my store but I tried to do so. They are torturing me that I cannot. I have to pay $1650 around to buyout or something and have to return back those items to them. I would have bought one iPad for $400 and register for $65 but now they are charging me every month $66.85. I have to pay 36 months more to cancel my contract. This **. Trust me never go with this company... I am cheated.

Original review: June 23, 2018

I lease a machine and closed the business 6 months later and there is no way out if you won't pay us 3,800. Be very careful when sign. The bank are part of the robbery then bank wash the hand and tell you they only put you in contact with them. My girlfriend have an account for 2 years and they start send her email asking her to sign online and now they came out with a new lease that she don’t remember she sign and sent her to collection. Be very careful what you sign with this people. Easy to get in impossible to get out without lose $3000. If you have same issue let's get together to fight those people and bring this to the Congress investigation. I heard more than 6 people around me have going thru some kind of robbery by them. Not sure who ask for help but be careful if you going to do business with them.

Original review: June 1, 2018

A company of liars & scam artists. Our salesperson set us up with 2 First Data contracts with 2 different companies without our knowledge, but both using First Data as the merchant service processor. Why would they even take 2 contracts from 2 separate businesses for the same client? Now we are locked into a 4 year contract unless we want to pay $3000 to buy our way out. We later found out that our "sales" person had previously done time for defrauding the elderly out of their life savings. Either they don't do background checks at all, or they knowingly take multiple contracts from known con artists just to get your money.

Original review: May 29, 2018

Shady. All around. Worst merchant service provider we've ever had. Lied and tried to say we didn't return equipment and wasted our operations manager's time arguing about the fact that we had a UPS verified delivery with signature. Square. Shopify Payments. Amazon is about to enter this space. Can't wait for the meteor to hit all these merchant service dinosaurs that have been ripping us all off for decades.

Original review: April 3, 2018

I was told they were monthly processing fees and that the equipment was standard, even though I didn’t need it. Ended up in 48 month lease for over 20k. The equipment has never left. The box and has never been needed. When I called them, they laughed and said I agreed and I should have understood it before I signed it. I wish I would have and obviously thought I did understand it but they kept interchanging terms like offline debit and pin based debit and saying fees were just part of the processing fees and not for equipment.

Original review: March 30, 2018

Got stuck in a ridiculously expensive and long term contract through the help of my Wells Fargo banker. When I asked if I should buy or lease he told me to lease it for sure. Never mentioned there is a 4 year contract. 4 Years. Over $2000 of leasing payments for a $500 machine. Complained to Wells Fargo and First Data and both couldn't care less. I signed the contract. 2 years into it I purchased a POS machine with a much better rate and continued to make the leasing payments for the remaining 2 years. Huge Rip Off.

Original review: March 29, 2018

They tied me into a 4 year contract and I just wanted to leave and to be honest happy to pay to get out due to their ruthless pricing and awful customer service. I was given a bill for the last 12 months left of my contract which should be 12 x £37.24 at 446.40 but I got charged another £300 on top for no good reason at all. They sent the bill to my accountant's office so I didn't get it for a month and they charged me another month on top as I was late in paying them and when I asked to see my contract they wanted to charge a £12 administration fee, I was so annoyed but just pleased to see the back of them. Please be warned they will charge you for everything!

Original review: March 23, 2018

I open a 2 small shaved ice businesses. After 6 months I had to close due to business being slow. I had opened a small business account with Bank of America to start my business, when I was opening it, the guy helping me said, "Are you processing credit cards", I told him I wasn't sure. He said, "Well you need credit cards to make it in business." And he went on his sales pitch to tell me that they had the clover system with NO CONTRACT and to try it out and cancel if I wasn't happy. I TRUSTED him. I signed so many contracts and papers and was mentally overwhelmed with all I had going on. I signed and didn't notice the SMALL print for First Data putting you in a LONG ASS CONTRACT. I TRUSTED my BANKER. I have always used BANK OF AMERICA. I didn't think He would lie to me.

Well months later... Unfortunately I had to close both my locations. I called First Data and asked how to send back the equipment. They said I couldn't. I was in a 5 YEAR CONTRACT!!! I'm like WHAT??? So I call the Bank and they tell me the merchant services is no contract but the equipment was. I didn't understand how they could do that to me. 2 years later I'm still paying. I tried to settle and they charged me $480 after paying 2 years of $60. This equipment is not worth that. I sent it back and paid the settlement. TODAY I wake up after settling with them and they charged my account $200 again. I'm still paying the 2nd one monthly $60. And I can't seem to get ahead with them. They are thieves and snakes. This is the worst experience I have EVER had with a company. I did NOT allow them to keep charging my account. I don't know what to do anymore.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2018

First of all check this (well you are right I did make that mistake). POS system is $350. I got 2 that makes $700. Guess how much I paid after I signed up for lease? You would say $1000 or so. NOPE! $3500 plus TAX. And I couldn't even OWN it. They asked 500 something to own the POS system. And worse thing is, even I would pay that amount I cannot still use it with different bank. WHAT A SCAM. Which era are we living. These Systems cannot be reprogrammed.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2018

I terminated my contract at 18 months with Paymentsense/FDGL as the charges for the rental of the terminal from FDGL and processing charges from Paymentsense were very expensive! I could cancel out at 18 months (Sept 2017) for a charge which I paid and sent back the terminal to Janus House, Basildon. Cheque and terminal were sent in the same package and recorded delivery. The cheque was cashed but they deny receiving the terminal, and send out further invoices for the rental plus arrears charges.

The harassment is quite severe with phone calls which I refuse to take. I have asked for a detailed billing and keep writing to them saying they have the terminal! My letters keep getting ignored and they just send out more arrears charges. I am now writing to Paymentsense, to the same complaints team that I first registered my disappointment with - I don't think I will get much help!! I used to be with World pay which was top class in comparison. I now have a sensible cheap system much more suitable for a small business.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2018

I terminated my contract with First Data back in August 2017. I sent back the terminal in August and last week they sent me a letter advising me to send them a terminal within 14 days otherwise I have to pay around £900. It’s same thing happen to Mike from Sheffield as after 6 months I couldn’t find the post office receipt with the tracking number so I’m but in ** now.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2018

First Data is a large payment processor and their reach is far and great. Many large merchant banks or POS Businesses actually go through First Data for equipment leasing including; Booker, Capital, Cathy, Citi, Peoples, Sterling, Suntrust, and Wells Fargo. As a small business, if you bank with one of these companies or want to use a Clover System, you are at the mercy of First Data. They determine, whether or not you qualify, to purchase a POS system. Then they are the ones that trap small business into a long term lease for a piece of equipment that cost at the most $200, but the lease is $35-100/m for 3-5 years.

Even if you have excellent credit (780), if their credit systems "Auto Declines" you/your business, once again you at are their mercy. This is what happen to us. We are a new business with great credit, and we need a POS to actually open. We use Booker and bank with Wells Fargo. We had $250k build out, another $200k in equipment, everything is in place, but we can't open because First Data Auto Declined us. Their reason we have a First Data collection account?!? We/they called First Data collections and had them run our social, EIN, and MID numbers and there is nothing in collections. First Data acknowledges there is clearly an error in the Auto Decline process, but they are unable to resolve the issue and it must go through the process. They apologize. So many apologies. Promise they are working with credit to resolve. All attempts to escalate go nowhere. Over 3 weeks later, we are still waiting. Still not able to open.

We have called other companies, and the conversation ends, when we ask, "Who do you use to lease the equipment," or "who will be approving our equipment lease," and the answer is First Data. We have our retirements invested in this new business. Our community is excited for our new venture, but it requires us to be able to run credit card transactions. Each day we are not able to open. We lose money. First Data doesn't care. They have to go through their slow process. Unable to escalate despite it clearly being their error.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

This company is full of crooks and liars. Stuck in a contract with devices that don't work for **! Hidden fee's out the ying and they take 12% of all sales. What a joke. There should be a major lawsuit against this company! DO NOT USE CLOVER OR FIRST DATA! Save yourself the hassle!!!

Original review: Jan. 10, 2018

I have leased credit card equipment from First Data Global Leasing. The 5 year term was up and I received a letter from them on how to return the equipment. I noticed that the serial number on the equipment was not the same as the equipment I had so I called the number listed. I was told that I would have to contact my merchant service company for a swap form and that I could not return the equipment until they had the swap form. After several attempts to contact my merchant service company I called First Data back and they had a different number to call so they put me on hold and called the number they had. They connected me to the call and I was emailed the swap form with the correct serial number and they emailed First Data as well. When I called First Data to make sure they received the email, they said they had not. I then emailed it to them and checked a week later to make sure they received it and at first they said they did not.

After persistence on my part I was able to have them keep checking. They finally said they found the email but said that the system had not been updated with the correct information. I told them that I was waiting to send the equipment back and that they were charging me $150.63 each month and I wanted someone who would follow up with me. That was on a Friday and Cashmere employee ID #** said she would expedite the update but it may not be until the following Tuesday, she would call me to let me know the status because I was still being charged for the equipment.

I called on Wednesday and got the run around again about the update. Meanwhile I have sent the equipment back because I was sick of waiting, but am still being charged $150.63. I feel my only resolution would be to file a lawsuit. Let this be a lesson to anyone reading this, when you allow a company to automatically deduct payments from your account, you are at their mercy to stop charging you especially when it is in their best interest to keep charging you.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2018

First Data Global Leasing conniving with Wells Fargo to get you to sign a 36 months ($54/month) contract on a piece of equipment that only worth $300 to buy outright and don't even own the equipment after the terms. They don't give you option to terminate the contract early. How could they get away with this robbery? We need class action lawsuit filed against this company. The CEO of this company should be in jail not on the street.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2017

This company it is totally **. They will screw you up no matter what. Their sales rep will sign a lot of thing behind you. Don't believe me? You can get them a try. I have auto batch everyday that I never asked and they did for me because it is a charge for it. They send me a lot of copy papers every month which I never request but they send it to you because it is a charge. Their rate is extremely high compare to others but the rate which were different when you offer you before you sign the contract. Once you signed the contract? Okay that's it. They start to ** play the game with you. No matter what you do they don't give **. They just charge you, charge you and ** charge you. Don't believe me? Okay get them a try.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2017

Please do your research before doing any business with First Data. They don't care about the customer or their ignorance. They only care about the $$$. They will try to sell you their precious and obsolete credit card reading machines, sell you on false promises of lower credit card rates. They lease you machines that are worth 1/3 of the total lease price. It's actually pretty ridiculous, you can purchase a Used IPAD and buy a credit card swipe reader and you're set... I came in a company a bit after they were sold into these useless CLOVER devices. Huge waste of money. They require you to return the product after spending so much money on it or you can buy it for ONLY $300 more than the total lease price. WHAT A BARGAIN! Almost $5000 for a crappy iPad look alike.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2017

I'm stuck on a contract after I sold my business. I would definitely not recommend this service at all. There's a non breakable contract that you will regret for the rest of your life. Someone should do something about these corrupt companies, at the bank they will not explain about the contract. It's up to you guys. I hope you don't end up here, giving a bad review. Just watch out for these robbers with no guns but with a license to do it.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2017

After reading other reviews, seems this company survives on taking advantage of small businesses. I also changed merchant services after my two year agreement had ended. I was later told that I had signed a 48 month contract with First Data merchant services. The agreement I had read carefully only obligated me to 24 months. These people are trying to get me to continue paying for an additional 24 months. They are very good at bait and switch, and not disclosing all of the information. PLEASE BEWARE AND DO NOT SIGN ANYTHING WITH THESE CROOKS!!

Original review: Dec. 19, 2017

Credit card processing machine in the box that I have never used. I have asked for a copy of the lease & always receive other forms. This has gone on for 21 months. The last time they faxed me a contract that was 4" tall. I could not read anything. I have tried to negotiate a buyout of the machine, which they will agree to, but they say it will impact my credit. They have ZERO ethics. They do not care if you are happy with their services, as long as, they get paid. It is futile to deal with the IDIOTS on the phone. AVOID doing business with them.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2017

This company will completely screw you on merchant services. They lock you in at a specific rate and then charge you so many fees that it is impossible to do business. Their customer service reps ignore any type of contact so that you can’t get anything resolved. I ended up switching to another company.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

A few months back First Data had terminated my contract which disable my card machine from taking payment. Now just received a letter that I now owe them for the rest of the contract term amount £347. I've rang them explaining how can they disable my services and then I still have to pay for remainder of the contract. They did not care and about 10 times told me if I don't pay it will affect my credit rating (I'm sure that's called blackmail) so I now have 30 days to try and fight this and as a small business don't have a clue what to do and feel that I'm just getting robbed of my hard earned money. Very unfair.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

I've been screwed by this company so many times, for a machine that costs $200. I have to pay $2,000 now, all thanks to their bait and switch scheme they have going on there. Please do your research so you do not fall into the same trap I did!

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

They robbed me for more than 2 years. I did everything to get rid of them, many phone calls, took notes, got accurate numbers, asked every detail to end the account and I was promised by them that every step was completed. At this time I had already paid to them a thousand dollars without using their terminal which was already disconnected for a year and the account closed.

Now I have just realized that after that they were charging me $31,74 every month for almost 2 years after closing everything. They said the information I got from the person I have talked to was inaccurate and that's why I've been charged for 2 years after closing everything and expended one thousand dollars. And for me to end this nightmare and stop paying $31,74 a month for more years I need to paid them more $151,44!!! After a fight she said she could make it for $80 and that's it. Agree or not agree? They are robbers, professional robbers working for Citibank.

First Data Global Leasing Company Information