Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.00/5

First Data Global Leasing Reviews

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
        Original review: Jan. 18, 2020

This company is fraud. I am going to report them. It's a total scam, don't ever do business with them. I own a rehab clinic, and we noticed that the money never went to our bank account. I am going to report this scam to news channel CTV News.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
        Original review: Jan. 15, 2020

No 1 fraud company in the USA, they will charge you 3/4 times more than other company, lots of hidden fees, employee are lying every time, so be careful & Pls don’t do any contract with them. I have very very Bad experience with them.

Get expert buying tips about Business to Business Services delivered to your inbox.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
          Original review: Jan. 14, 2020

First Data also name is FDGL (First Data Global Leasing) work with Red payments and Clover together as team scammers totally illegal company. They always send their stuff to retail store to trick small business owner said only $65/m for all kinds credit card or debit card processing fees no other hidden fees and includes free Clover equipment and make us sign a 5 years contract. When We start to use their Clover machine then FDGL start charge us for $70/M until the leasing ending plus all kinds hidden fees and still charged every credit card and debit card processing.

We been told we can’t return the Clover mini until we paid off $4200. If We stopped use their service and Red payments start withdraw $495 from our bank acount and FDGL continue to charge us for $70/m for leasing fee. FDGL said we have to pay off the 5 years leasing fees before return the Clover. The Clover min only worth $200-$285 base on Amazon. But we have to pay $4200 for the same machine. I already reported them to government as scammers and they said will going to investigate both of them and I hope government really can shut down their business so they won't hurting any more business.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
          Original review: Jan. 9, 2020

Auto Phone system asked me some security questions and the staff asked me the same security questions. Wasted my time. Difficult to reach to a real human customer rep. I am being charged two fees but never received new machine. And the investigation is a lengthy process. Recorded wrong postal code. Their company is in USA. Overall, not recommended. Quite negative experience.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2019

Set up a Clover machine in May of 2019. Spent 5 to 10 minutes on the phone with their agent Daniel **. Found out that the agent is supposed to visit the location prior to setting up the machine. Months pass. The shop is broken in to and the Clover machine is stolen. I find out then that First Data / Clover won't cover theft and in practice cross out the $5 monthly insurance in their contracts. To replace or leave the contract costs $1500. So I'm leaving the contract. This company hides behind walls of customer service who are under skilled and don't know how to listen or leave the script. Arrogance and ignorance at its utmost with this horrible company.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about First Data Global Leasing?

Original review: Dec. 12, 2019

Please run away from Clover and first Data for leasing clover. They promise you some price and later change the documents. And When you ask for the signed documents, they would never give you. It is impossible.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2019

I was scammed. Never ever lease a Clover system from First-Data. And I won't stay with a bank that promotes them and then doesn't advocate for me - PNC Bank. I was told I could return the system within 30 days. I tried to return the system and cancel within 30 days and then was told I couldn't. My sales rep told me I could get out of my lease at any time. Then he wouldn't return my calls after the sale. I thought it was a 3 years lease, but it apparently is a 4 year lease, but I was never given a copy of my lease. I was upset about it 2 years ago when I started the lease and tried to return it and complained, but I gave in because I didn't want to pay for my old system and the new one while I was fighting. Don't be fooled, it's a scam!!!

Original review: Nov. 6, 2019

Called First Data today to cancel my merchant service. They never asked one time "Why are you canceling?" Not one time. After 13 years and thousands of dollars spent with this company they don't even want to know why I'm canceling. The customer service is the worst of any one in the business. No thank you! Rick

Original review: Oct. 22, 2019

I was hired on as office manager for a company that had been suckered into a 4 year lease and have since returned the equipment they "leased". I just recently received another notice saying our lease is coming due and we need to pay for the equipment or return it. So I call in, well, they apparently have ANOTHER lease under our owner's name but we have no equipment. They said I had to talk to another department to resolve the equipment return that they have no record of (of course) but I am on hold for half an hour and they suddenly tell me they have high call volume and to call back.

So now, we have two leases on machines we no longer have. We returned them via USPS and I do not have a tracking number. The second lease still has 12 months to go (even though we never even run transactions through them) so we will have spent thousands of dollars on equipment and access not used and will still end up having to "buy out" the terminals. What a horrible joke. Making it impossible to even contact someone and then even more difficult to cancel with them is no way to do business. You should be ashamed of yourselves.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2019

Let me just out some facts as I remember them: I am a new small business and was in need of a way to accept credit cards. Sam's Club referred me to First Data and I took the bait mainly because of the very low transaction %. So I called and was informed by their salesman that it was true -- simple low rate and no extra fees. He emailed a contract which I signed and returned. He called back an hour later telling me that he gave me a rate that was too low and that I needed to sign another contract, which I did. Then I read into the mile long contract and saw that there were MANY fees that I would be paying. So I called the salesman and (like a dummy) agreed to all of the fees that he previously assured me did not exist. SO SO much time was involved and I just felt that I may as well just go with it, even against me better judgement.

I realized that I signed 2 contracts and was worried about getting double fees on all of the hidden fees. I called and he said YES they would otherwise charge me on 2 accounts and that they would be sending me (and charging me) for 2 card readers. So he was happy that I called before all that happened. So he had the first card reader turned around during shipment, and so I never did receive it. He also promised that he would close the original account so that I would have only the one account that I asked for -- well he never did.

My card reader finally arrived and after about an hour on the phone their "support" people agreed that the card reader did not work, and that they would immediately send me a new one within 5 days. Like a fool I'm feeling like I'm so into this mess that I may as well see it through -- WHAT A HUGE MISTAKE because that's when the real trouble began. Of course they have access to my business account and they started with the billing nightmare -- charging me for 2 card readers, 2 shipping fees, and all sorts of other fees, and the replacement reader never came so I was still unable to use their system.

So after hours of trying to deal with them I finally got a guy that apologized for my nightmare and started refunding my unauthorized and unjustified charges. He also assured me that he would close both accounts and STOP billing me all these fees. Once I saw that the fees were all refunded to me I hooked up with another card reader company -- 10 minutes online and I was all done.

Well today, a month later, I find 5 charges to my business account. I went to log into my accounts with them but found that they are both closed. I literally spent 2 hours on the phone with them today. they had trouble identifying me because the accounts were closed, and their "automated system" kept hanging up on me because I could not provide them with an active account #. Then after demanding to not be transferred to "the system" but to speak to a human I was put on hold for about 20 minutes. What an unbelievable nightmare! NOBODY could help me. So rather than stay on hold I had to go to my bank to close the account and go through hours of bill pay and auto pay updates to get things right with my business. I wish I had funds to hire a lawyer! They were absolutely HORRIBLE and I have no idea how they remain in business. I disputed the charges that remain on my old account from them. ABSOLUTELY UNBELIEVABLE!!!

Avoid expensive home repairs

Take our two minute quiz to find the right home warranty for you.

First Data Global Leasing Company Information