1.07/5

365 First Data Global Leasing Consumer Reviews

Original review: June 24, 2019

Took over the business and eventually took over the Clover machine that the previous owner was using. The account was under EXPRESS PAYMENT SOLUTIONS. It was only the first month when we start getting a bill from First Data Global Leasing. Called in, and to find out there's an monthly payment for four years from 2017. They said we signed the agreement when we took over the Clover device, which we did not recall signing for it. Tried asking for more details, and even a copy of the agreement and got nothing back. The sales rep of this Express Payment Solution told us to ignore it because it's a scam.

After two months of ignoring it, we were sent a invoice from a collection company. So we called FDGL again, asking for more information and the signed lease agreement, our reply was "Thanks for calling". This company has all your information, including social security numbers when you sign up with them, which they can use those information to scam you. Stay away from them.

Original review: June 15, 2019

They told me there was absolutely no commitment or term, doing the contract online. When I received the contract I was locked into a 5 year!! They never answer their phones, it's all computer running you around to eventually hang up!!! Total crooks!!! DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THESE CROOKS!!!!

Get expert buying tips about Business to Business Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 13, 2019

If it was possible would leave a minus score I would, they are holding onto my funds, in excess of 5 figures. It has been established that the funds are mine, they are keeping them because they can! This puts my business in jeopardy, say they intend to hold funds for 180 days and can keep for up to 540 days, most likely put my funds into a high interest account earning them interest while my business struggles. No explanations offered even though asked for on numerous occasions.

Original review: June 6, 2019

Crooks and fraudulent activity. Keep you waiting for return labels that doesn't arrive. Keep charging my account yet I am no longer with them. Con artist of a biblical proportions. Disgusted. Contacting Federal Trade Commission.

Original review: May 14, 2019

I would like to state that please avoid dealing with First Data Global Leasing. His customer service guy called me and started talking about First Data service, since I am a small business owner under proprietorship, was organizing an event, the guy convinced me that he will get me a sponsorship if I use his services, I thought to have a merchandising machine for my event sponsorships sales etc, He made me sign a contract without telling that it is a five year non-cancellable contract. When I asked him what it is written in the paper, he said it is just a formality, and the sponsorship amount was not paid to me. I have been paying the rental fee, without any transaction on the machine as my business was not having that kind of transactions.

Finally after paying for almost two years, I requested the customer service to cancel my subscription to which never responded nor they sent me my signed copy of the contract, finally I removed them from debiting my account directly which caught their attention, immediately they advised me to return the equipment which I did and they acknowledged. Now they are threatening me through collection agency to pay the rental of balance upfront or monthly as according to the contract it is non-cancellable. I told them that my company account is closed so there is no transaction. How and why should I pay. They are not listening and continuously calling me and harassing me. Such a hopeless company, nobody should do business with such type of companies who are always into stealing others hard-earned money.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about First Data Global Leasing?

Resolution response: April 20, 2019

The company refused to work with me. I had to have the bank leverage their relationship to resolve the issue.

Original review: April 18, 2019

I am a small business owner and have 3 business and we launched a 4th to try and fill a void in a space we already occupied and worked through my bank to set up point of sale purchase system. The bank works with First Data systems. While at the bank, they conferenced me in to speak with a sales rep from First Data and the account manager at the bank. They were friendly and eager and the sales pitch was inaccurate and in my opinion fraudulent. I need to stress that I am a small business. All small business survive in the "margins" and I desired to move to a point of sale system over checks. They told me the equipment was going to be about $850 and that I could spread that over a 36 month period and that I could cancel at any time.

This was not the case at all. (Buyer beware here.) I ended up in a non-negotiable lease for a 36 month period for the equipment and a monthly service charge even if the business shuts down. The lease over a 36 month period came to $3125 and I still would not own the equipment (Clover). Every month for the first 6 months or so, I received letters stating the the fees they were charging me increased.

In month 26 our business shut down. We closed shop. We closed the account called First Data and told them we went out of business and that we no longer needed their services. That's when I was informed that my "cancel any time pitch" was a non-negotiable lease. They demanded a payment of $850 (remember the initial cost of the equipment was $850) and to return the equipment immediately.

That is when the fun started. I told them that the sales pitch was cancel anytime. Technically true. Only to cancel would require a payment of the full 36 months. I begged and pleaded with two reps from First Data. If only I had recorded the conversations. They were brutal. Firm is a polite word. They cut me off every sentence and said that there was no way out of the lease and that they were amused at my request to dissolve the lease.

The last few lines in my 2nd conversation with First Data customer representative went something like this. "I am not at all concerned that your business failed. That's on you. Maybe some business classes would help. I really don't care and furthermore you will pay the remaining balance on your lease and I have a huge legal department that will crush you. You will pay." I was in shock and I asked, "Is there nothing we can do? The business has shut down and all accounts are closed." Rep said, "I have nothing more to talk to you about. You will pay."

I was in shock. Waited a day and then went to my bank. They connected me with First Data and I figured that if they sent me to them they may be able to help. More fun, let me tell you. The bank was completely unable to negotiate or advocate on our behalf at first. They reached out and First Data shut them down too. 30 days later I began getting letters and threatening letters from First Data. I reached out to them again to explain that the business was shut down, accounts closed and equipment returned. They refused to speak to me about anything until the account was paid in full.

Here is an excerpt. "We still look forward to your continued status as our VALUED lease customer. We are still not in receipt fo the above-referenced payment. In addition to the previous amount due, your total sue is reflected above.... Your account with us is in Default and past due. NON-CANCELABLE. TEN DAYS....report to agencies and seek other alternatives to secure the TOTAL past due balance."

So I copied all letters, notices, financial statements and written summary of all interactions with First Data and reported it all to my bank. Things got moving. I received a call from an actual decision maker at my bank. We calculated that the cost of doing business with First Data was "excessive" and the way they treated me and the letters and statements were on the polite side "intimidating". Let me tell you, they go moving. They suggested that I no longer contact First Data and requested everything that I had on First Data. I gladly handed it all over and eventually after a couple of weeks, received a call from a Managing Director at my bank. He was pissed and embarrassed that they had referred me to First Data and he offered to work directly with First Data to resolve this.

During this time First Data turned me/us into the credit bureau and we started getting threatening calls from collectors. The bill including late fees had now ballooned to over $1500 or so. I reported this back to the Bank. After an additional 3-4 weeks, the bank negotiated with First Data and the lease was dissolved and a refund of approximately $250 was returned.... and the Past Due Collections was removed. I can't thank my Bank enough and have let them know.

After this ordeal (and let's be clear, the $1500 or so is not even close to the issue here.) I began to investigate First Data. I found out quite a bit about First Data and why culturally they are simply not a fit for my, our companies nor small business in general. I suggest you do the same. The CEO at First Data is Frank Bisignano and in 2017 his compensation package at First Data came to over $100 million. Yes that's right, $100,000,000.

The health of any economy and all neighborhoods both historically and today is rooted in small business. Small Business need flexibility to survive. Small Business tend to hire people, keep people longer and owners and employees are happier working at and in small businesses. It is not my experience at all that First Data nor its policies are advantageous to small businesses. First Data is a HUGE business and their policies are not flexible, honest nor friendly to small business. Be well and I hope your business grows, your work is meaningful and you are surrounded by the people you love.

Original review: April 9, 2019

Velocity Merchant Service fraudulently advised me that I must use their equipment to process EBT for store. Advised me my clover thru TD bank would not work. Velocity cancelled their merchant contract after complaint to BBB but First Data refuses to take equipment back. The equipment was programmed correctly upon delivery. This is how I found out my cliver from TD bank could process EBT.

Merchant lied about equipment and fees. The equipment could never and can never be used as First Data encrypted it to be used with Velocity Merchant. You can never use another Merchant. Never. They take approx $189 per month for over a year now. The manager advised I do not have video or proof I was lied to. Well they can see Velocity cancelled their contract and they can see no processing or use of equipment ever. This is theft of my bank account and total fraud. They want equipment back and $6000 or more to let me out of the contract. Unbelievable. They will not acknowledge that the premise for the sale was based on false and misleading info regarding processing EBT for USDA. I am very upset regarding this fraud.

Original review: April 5, 2019

I received the Clover System with missing parts and previous owners personal information. So they sent me used and broken equipment. I ended up contacting the previous owner since I had his information and he said that’s his old equipment that he sent back to them that he had problems with! Then I contacted Merchant industries. They blamed it on Clover. So then I contacted Clover, they claim that they didn’t even know we had their equipment because they could not find our account so it took them three weeks to even get it set up and running.

We went through two account managers with merchant industries. Ricky ** who spoke to my partner and I, had told us false information before we even agreed to getting the POS System. Which we have a recording of him giving us the false information. Once he made the sale he was impossible to get in contact with. That account manager was switched to Brian **. He had handle our cancellation and was supposed to be refunding me the money since we never got to use the equipment. Brian ** ignored my calls and would always tell me he would call me back and I never once received a callback from him. I always had to reach out and ask questions to see what was going on with my account.

After he told me it was canceled first day after he told me it was canceled First Data charge my account for $144.38. I received another charge of $90.89 from merchant services. None of these charges were ever suppose to be charged to my account. My account had been canceled and there is no cancellation fee or equipment fee. This company uses your bank information even after you cancel!

Original review: March 14, 2019

Please avoid First Data Global Leasing at all costs. The lease is non cancelable and they make you sign as a personal guarantor. Once you are a "customer" the customer service department is not friendly or helpful. After requesting documentation on the lease several times, I still have not received a signed copy of the lease or the list of equipment that was issued to us. I have removed their access to debit our account directly and that has finally gained their attention. I have been hung up by the customer service department after making a simple request. I will never do business with this company again and I strongly urge you to investigate this company online before proceeding. You will find many poor reviews similar to mine.

Original review: March 13, 2019

We upgraded our POS system and returned the old equipment via FedEx with call tags provided by First Data in November 2018. March of 2019 we get over $1700 removed from our checking account for 'not returning equipment.' We have proof-of-delivery from FedEx that indeed the packages were signed for. After a huge runaround they claim that they 'found' the POS and a printer. Several days later they refunded our checking account for the POS. We are still waiting on the printer refund. At this point we are out $700.00 for the equipment they claim was not returned. The original person helping me was congenial in our first dealings but now they have become belligerent! As said above, proof-of-delivery is just that PROOF OF DELIVERY. If they misplaced our equipment we don't see how that is our fault?! We've contacted the leasing department per a First Data rep, who told us we need to contact First Data.

In reading other reviewers we see that this seems to be just one issue that appears over and over. How can a company get away with such improper business practices? Please, do NOT do business with this company as we would hate to see others have to go through what we are going through. We only picked Sam's Processing because they had a better rate. We now realize that for the pennies we are saving it is so not worth it. Shame on Sam's for representing a company with such bad business practices. Oh and we'd give zero stars but that is not possible. Too bad because this company does not deserve even one star.

First Data Global Leasing Company Information