1.00/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

First Data Global Leasing

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 10, 2017

315 First Data Global Leasing Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

They robbed me for more than 2 years. I did everything to get rid of them, many phone calls, took notes, got accurate numbers, asked every detail to end the account and I was promised by them that every step was completed. At this time I had already paid to them a thousand dollars without using their terminal which was already disconnected for a year and the account closed.

Now I have just realized that after that they were charging me $31,74 every month for almost 2 years after closing everything. They said the information I got from the person I have talked to was inaccurate and that's why I've been charged for 2 years after closing everything and expended one thousand dollars. And for me to end this nightmare and stop paying $31,74 a month for more years I need to paid them more $151,44!!! After a fight she said she could make it for $80 and that's it. Agree or not agree? They are robbers, professional robbers working for Citibank.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

Ended our agreement with this company back in February 2017 and returned their terminals. Today out of the blue we received a letter stating that they haven't received their terminal back and if not returned within 7 days they want £700.00 plus VAT. Disgusting that a company would think that they can come back after nearly 8 months stating that they haven't received their equipment. I returned the equipment by recorded delivery so they can whistle for their money. To be honest I think they are trying it on, I believe that they think that if they leave it several months then we won't have proof of the return and therefore can get away with charging. Do not go anywhere near this company. They are crooks!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

First Data have charged my company over £900 for NOT sending my old terminal back - but the fact is I DID send it back and had proof (recorded delivery). Within 1 minute of me telling them this they JUST FOUND the terminal all of a sudden, less than 1 minute. I was then told it would be 10 DAYS - yes 10 days before it would be reimbursed. 10 days past and now I have been told the same thing again. Disgusting.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2017

I have sent three other disputes over the last 3 months and the response reported that you had reported correctly and so the hit on my credit remains. I contacted your company and talked with many of your employees. They could not help me and referred me to their supervisors. Andrea ** and Amanda **. I have called these people well over 20, that's right, over 20 times over a 3 month period and was never able to talk to them. I left a message each time with my name, my problem, my account number and my phone number asking them to return my call. I have never heard from either of them. The report that I had missed 3 payments is incorrect. You deduct my payments directly from my bank account each month and you have never missed debiting my bank account each month.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2017

Was roped into this lease by Merchant Associates located in San Diego, Ca. Was promised lower rate on merchant sales and would be provided with free upgrades for Merchant Equipment. After I receive equipment I was sent a contract for leasing the equipment. In the past I always brought or was supplied with Merchant Service Equipment, now I am being told that I had to pay for the lease even if I brought the equipment. I was quoted over $1,900.00 for equipment you could buy anywhere for less than $500.00. I returned the equipment and they said I could buy out the contract for $1,627.70. Or they would report me to credit reporting companies.

From the first day that I started using the equipment I had problems. Every time we would do point of sale, we would get error of no host, would get notice of transaction void, and would run the card again and the card would be charge twice. I was on the phone with Merchant Associates or First Data two or three times a week, each time getting a different answer. I close my account with Merchant Associates and First Data Leasing. I also close my business checking account so they could not continue to rob my accounts. I will be reporting both companies to the BBB.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about First Data Global Leasing?

Original review: Aug. 28, 2017

Company supposed to be cheaper and they are ripping me off every month now taking out money every month out of my acct. Charging me 4 times the amount it should be!!! I changed companies to a better one and still have to pay for this lease of equipment I'm not using!!! Total Rip Off.

Original review: July 19, 2017

I was told I could try a new credit card service and cancel at any time with no fees. Person I set this up with was Levell ** with card services. After receiving statement it was not what was quoted. I have been trying to reach him for 2 days. Phone goes to voice mail. So I have pulled his service. Merchant #s **. After calling to cancel and send back your machines ordered by Levell you tell me I have to pay for the machines Levell ordered. I have your machines and mailing back now. I will do whatever is needed. But will not pay for machines ordered by Levell and told I could drop at any time if not happy with services with no charges. If you need to pay let Levell or card services.

Original review: July 17, 2017

First Data and TransFirst Company Merchant Services is bad, they make you sign long term lease credit card equipment machine, and CC machine cost only $300. We are having to pay for 48 months $1700.00, and they make you end of lease another 10% to buy it. I do not use this company anymore, they cannot do anything for me, I still have to pay monthly charges. Customer services is bad too. If you shop around all other company offer you good rate with free equipment to use and end of 3 or 4 year terms all you have to mail equipment back to them. DO NOT SIGN ANY CONTRACT WITH FIRST DATA OR TRANSFIRST.

Original review: July 11, 2017

FIRST DATA ARE A BUNCH OF THIEVES! In 2015 I called GoDaddy to set up a web store. The package I bought comes with the merchant account already set up (First Data). I began to add items to the website and sales started to come in. The sales were completely automated through GoDaddy software and processed through first data (I did not run the cards myself). Recently I received a letter stating I was getting a charge back for some goods that were bought. I provided all of the information to First Data showing where the purchase came through my website approved by first data and other pertinent information like the shipping confirmation, etc.

The chargeback was won by the bank and the money was removed from my account and sent back to the card owner, reason was that the internet security functions were not turned on. (address verification, zip code verification, CVS verification.) Now I am receiving multiple chargebacks and First Data is charging me thousands of dollars to process the chargebacks and withholding deposits to my account as well as stopping credit cards from processing through my site. Today I found out that someone from First Data had went onto my account and started messing with parameters so that transactions would not process. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. I have lost tens of thousands of dollars because of them and I am currently in litigation with them.

Original review: July 10, 2017

Got the sales call from United Card Solutions, promised big savings, had them compare invoices and was going to save half of what the other company charged, when I received the first statement double the amount, called immediately and no response, cannot get a hold of the sales people, only support and they just talk their way around. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!! I will be paying for years to get out the lease, First Data. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY.

Original review: June 15, 2017

I really do not know where to start to fully review this company - our experience with this company has been one of horror at its lack of ethical practices. There is simply no integrity. Buyer be aware! The worst company ever.

Original review: June 7, 2017

BUYERS BEWARE! When processing a credit card, the company pre-authorizes transactions, lets the customer leave with a "successful payment". However 30 minutes later the payment actually fails. You then have to take the time to call into tech support. Give them the ticket #s so they can give you the customer's credit card information, so you can manually enter in hopes the customer now has money. If the card continues to fail, you just have to keep repeating this process.

HORRIBLE BUSINESS PRACTICE!!! I DO NOT RECOMMEND AT ALL. THEY ARE DOING NOTHING TO FIX THIS (as stated, it makes sense to them). WHAT!!! In the last 6 months I have discovered 4000.00 dollars of unrecoverable funds. I was told by support if I try to re-run the transaction and the customer disputes it they will win, even though I have a pre-authorized receipt as well as an order receipt showing they ate at my restaurant. Run fast and find a better service or you will be spending a ton of time trying to reconcile failed credit transactions.

Original review: June 5, 2017

I worked with them for about 6 month and ended my contract as of April due to ridiculous money they take from my business. It's June and they are still withdrawing money from my account. They are saying it's not refundable and we can withdraw because it's a "transaction processing fee." They have already taken out more than 1000 in May for April's fees. Terrible company that makes money off of small businesses, they take advantage of owners who are unable to fight back. DO NOT WORK WITH THEM. COMPLETE MONEY SCAM.

Original review: May 31, 2017

Expect First Data Global to enforce every charge to the full extent of the lease agreement/contract for the term of the contract. Their business practices are ruthless. In my case, they operate with the cover and full support of Wells Fargo bankers. A reasonable business person would do well to avoid both.

Original review: May 19, 2017

I initially signed up for a lease I was unaware of through Capitol Processing in 2012. By the time early 2015 came around, they had 3 leases for one of my business locations, and will not provide the initiating paperwork. I got hung up on today while they were "Researching", and when I got time to call back, there was an unforeseen emergency and I have to call back at another time. These leases require me to pay almost $4000 for a Verifone VX20, which I recently received FREE OF CHARGE from another provider. They are a ripoff, dishonest, scam of a company.

Original review: May 19, 2017

They mislead me when I first contacted them. They lied to me about their fees and other insurance products added to my contract without mention it to me. If you call them for services they put you on hold forever between hour or 2 hours. I am not exaggerating. I advise everyone not to deal with them.

Original review: May 3, 2017

I signed up with Clover at my Huntington Bank. The sales lady told me I was getting a $100 credit to offset the charge for the card reader and some of the monthly charges. I didn't get the credit. She also said that funds would be processed and in my account the next business day. This is also a lie as they don't get them into the account until, at best, the middle of the next day instead of at midnight like all other processors. They also have customer service from a call center in the Dominican Republic. THIS IS THE WORST CARD PROCESSOR ON THE FACE OF THE PLANET. AVOID AT ALL COST OR SUFFER THE CONSEQUENCES.

Original review: May 1, 2017

I was told the rates would be 20 to 40% lower than with Heartland and that the processor would be able to integrate with my POS (Softtouch) at no cost to me. I gave the salesman two months of statements. I signed an agreement that had a 30 day return if I was not satisfied. When I was called to confirm the Lease agreement I told the operator this and she hung up never confirming my agreement. These scammers not charged me more than Heartland but they messed up the install and were using wrong bank accounts to make deposits and lease charges. When I demanded they pick up their equipment the salesman could not be found and when I mailed it with FedEx they claim they never received. What a terrible company. DON'T DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY!!!

Original review: April 14, 2017

FDGL is part of United Card Processing. Both have ripped me off with aggressive sales and then getting me to sign an agreement and then telling me I didn't qualify for their system. It was a bait-and-switch. I thought we were done after they denied our original agreement, but they pulled money from my account and FDGL is trying to get over $2000 for equipment I have never seen or used. Class action suit is very much necessary to stop their scamming practices.

Original review: April 11, 2017

I signed a business account through Wells Fargo and decided to TRY their service for accepting credit cards. I was told the monthly fee but was also told that I could cancel at any time as that was important to me because I was just starting out booth renting on my own in a hair salon. After using the service and paying for 6 months I realized there were a lot of fees involved that there were not with other companies. So I went back to the bank, told them I no longer wanted to use First Data and gave them the equipment.

I have since received a bill for over a thousand dollars and when I try to call and explain what happened to me I was told that there was a four year contract that I signed whether I knew it or not and that I must pay it. I cannot afford this?? Then when trying to explain I have been hung up on and told it's not their problem and I must pay by a very, very rude group of people. I have never seen such a horrible company who lies, and has such horrible customer service in my life. So now they are putting this on my credit even though clearly they are frauding people left and right and straight out lying to people!!

Original review: April 7, 2017

I was scammed from the get go and didn't even know it till it was too late. We run a small handyman service and someone replied to our ad said he needed a quote for a job repair. He sent me address. I look it over, call him and gave him a price with a deposit required. He agreed. Wanted to charge his card for job. I told him, "Yes, I have a PayPal account." He said he would like to use Clover and persuaded me to use Clover so my fiancé and I started a basic clover account. He charged his card and it went through. I then instructed customer we would start when Clover reviewed transaction and funds were clear. Please note that Clover holds charges for 24 hours but Clover held funds for five days and funds cleared so we started work 3 days after funds cleared.

A company First Data tries to overdraft our bank over 9 thousand dollars. We were livid. Said the charges were fraudulent. We disputed and were angry that as usual 24 hour hold to clear funds they took 5 days to make sure funds were good so either the scam artist who screwed us knows Clover has loopholes or is a employee for that company and has access to card numbers. First Data refused to do an investigation and go after the criminal instead trying to flip us with the bill. We then received a letter in the mail stating we owe the 749 dollars to settle for some of responsibility for loss. We complied and thought it was done and cancelled services. 2 weeks later we received a letter saying we owe the 9.548 dollars.

This company needs to be brought down. I will be filing a civil lawsuit against them for punitive damages and pure negligence. Never deal with Clover or First Data. I plan to make a forum for people having issues with this sorry company and get petitions signed and take them to Supreme court. There's just too much coincidence and shady activities with these two companies.

Original review: April 4, 2017

At the end of the contract we returned the terminal (by recorded delivery), within two weeks they automatically send out an invoice for the terminal for £300 saying they have not received it back. When you ring them and give them the tracking number they automatically tell you to ignore the letter/invoice. Underhand tactics, not happy with them, would not recommend them.

Original review: March 30, 2017

I signed up for Clover Go in September and within weeks my tablet didn't recognize device. I couldn't use for 6 months and called many times with hours on phone. I finally did hard reset on my tablet and set it up again this March and began using again until today, March 30th, it started not recognizing device again. Spent an hour on phone and no help. Finally was able to fix it myself. Terrible technical support, device glitch and can't use. Also, was being charged a penalty the entire time for not having done the security verification which I had done. They would not refund. When I get home I want out of my contract!!!!

Original review: March 30, 2017

I was offered a free desktop terminal if I purchased one. Yes I purchased a wireless terminal since I was receiving a desktop terminal for free. However, I never received the desktop terminal and used the wireless one. The wireless terminal does not stay powered of the charger for no more than 2 hours. After complaining about the free terminal to First Data, they agreed to cancel me with my defective wireless terminal. Never once came to fix the terminal, just cancelled me so they don't have to deal with the lies they offered. I'm out $1400.00 for a terminal that doesn't work properly, but took out their fees. A terminal cost $650.00 plus, so don't put money in these sales agents pockets.

On top of that I have never received the free terminal. The contract was send through email a month and a half later so I have no reference to what I am charged. I am going to civilly sue the agent that convince me to buying a merchant terminal to get one free. I have no way of getting back my money or fixing this defective terminal. Plus after cancellation they still take out fees. Someone from that company has to take accountability of what they did to me!

Original review: March 24, 2017

We also, have been ripped off by this company. We ordered a Clover machine in June 2016. We ordered a mini iPad and was shipped a full stationary register. Payments began to be taken out of our business account before we could even return the equipment. We tried to explain to everyone who would listen, but we contently kept being put on hold and transferred to department after department until we would hang up. For months I kept calling and calling. Clover said they would send us a return tag every month for 4 months. First Data Global Leasing would not stop taking money from our account! We should not have been billed due to having the wrong equipment shipped to us in the first place.

We had to finally have our account closed, we refused to pay the shipping price to have the equipment shipped. It cost $120.00 to ship the equipment. But First Data Leasing Kept taking different prices from our account. The only way to stop them was to cancel our bank account and they had the nerve to call for payment! I couldn't believe it!

Original review: March 22, 2017

It took me 3 years to finally divorce my company from First Data after terrible products were pushed on me. I now have to continue paying $40 per month for a lease on a terminal I delivered via UPS which I fully paid out??? And the service rep I spoke to really doesn't care, I don't know what to do next???

Original review: March 8, 2017

When it comes to bad companies First Data is king. They are a horrible company that somehow continues to withdraw money from my account even after I have closed the service and my account with them. I'm getting ready to sue them for fraudulent charges. Initially they do not want to refund you the money. You have to call many times and often talk to a supervisor. If you encounter this company run away and if you do business with this company you must close your account so that they do not have your account information. Also be ready with a lawyer to sue them.

Original review: March 1, 2017

We have a card terminal from First Data, they are ok when all is going well but soon as you have a problem they don't want to know and just lie to get you off the phone. Cost my company £4500.00. DO NOT USE FIRST DATA.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2017

We are victims of this awful company as well. They sent us a machine to use and it broke down after 8 months of use. They sent us a new battery. After 16 calls to them it worked for a little while and broke again. They promised to send us a new machine and continued to charge our account monthly fees for a machine we could not use. We tried to cancel and they said this was a non cancellable contract and yet would not send us a new machine to use. We sent the broken one back and still did not receive a replacement. They have turned us in to collections. My email is **.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2017

If you have the option to use a different service do so before you regret it. I was signed up for them as a complementary (obligatory) package of my checking account. Their service is unreliable. My business had to start using PayPal (I'm not getting paid to mention them). Clover Services was masked underneath the bank's "Merchant Service". Once their service proved useless I tried closing the account to find out there is a $500 early termination fee or a monthly fee that I need to pay until the 3-year contract ended. The contract went on as the bank account forced me to maintain it. Two month before the 3-year contract ended they charge the $500 early termination fee. Now I'm stuck in their collection department which is efficient unlike their customer service.

First Data Global Leasing Company Information