First Data Global Leasing

Compare Business Services

Research top Business Services recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

BUYERS BEWARE! When processing a credit card, the company pre-authorizes transactions, lets the customer leave with a "successful payment". However 30 minutes later the payment actually fails. You then have to take the time to call into tech support. Give them the ticket #s so they can give you the customer's credit card information, so you can manually enter in hopes the customer now has money. If the card continues to fail, you just have to keep repeating this process.

HORRIBLE BUSINESS PRACTICE!!! I DO NOT RECOMMEND AT ALL. THEY ARE DOING NOTHING TO FIX THIS (as stated, it makes sense to them). WHAT!!! In the last 6 months I have discovered 4000.00 dollars of unrecoverable funds. I was told by support if I try to re-run the transaction and the customer disputes it they will win, even though I have a pre-authorized receipt as well as an order receipt showing they ate at my restaurant. Run fast and find a better service or you will be spending a ton of time trying to reconcile failed credit transactions.

I worked with them for about 6 month and ended my contract as of April due to ridiculous money they take from my business. It's June and they are still withdrawing money from my account. They are saying it's not refundable and we can withdraw because it's a "transaction processing fee." They have already taken out more than 1000 in May for April's fees. Terrible company that makes money off of small businesses, they take advantage of owners who are unable to fight back. DO NOT WORK WITH THEM. COMPLETE MONEY SCAM.

Expect First Data Global to enforce every charge to the full extent of the lease agreement/contract for the term of the contract. Their business practices are ruthless. In my case, they operate with the cover and full support of Wells Fargo bankers. A reasonable business person would do well to avoid both.

I initially signed up for a lease I was unaware of through Capitol Processing in 2012. By the time early 2015 came around, they had 3 leases for one of my business locations, and will not provide the initiating paperwork. I got hung up on today while they were "Researching", and when I got time to call back, there was an unforeseen emergency and I have to call back at another time. These leases require me to pay almost $4000 for a Verifone VX20, which I recently received FREE OF CHARGE from another provider. They are a ripoff, dishonest, scam of a company.

They mislead me when I first contacted them. They lied to me about their fees and other insurance products added to my contract without mention it to me. If you call them for services they put you on hold forever between hour or 2 hours. I am not exaggerating. I advise everyone not to deal with them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about First Data Global Leasing?

I signed up with Clover at my Huntington Bank. The sales lady told me I was getting a $100 credit to offset the charge for the card reader and some of the monthly charges. I didn't get the credit. She also said that funds would be processed and in my account the next business day. This is also a lie as they don't get them into the account until, at best, the middle of the next day instead of at midnight like all other processors. They also have customer service from a call center in the Dominican Republic. THIS IS THE WORST CARD PROCESSOR ON THE FACE OF THE PLANET. AVOID AT ALL COST OR SUFFER THE CONSEQUENCES.

I was told the rates would be 20 to 40% lower than with Heartland and that the processor would be able to integrate with my POS (Softtouch) at no cost to me. I gave the salesman two months of statements. I signed an agreement that had a 30 day return if I was not satisfied. When I was called to confirm the Lease agreement I told the operator this and she hung up never confirming my agreement. These scammers not charged me more than Heartland but they messed up the install and were using wrong bank accounts to make deposits and lease charges. When I demanded they pick up their equipment the salesman could not be found and when I mailed it with FedEx they claim they never received. What a terrible company. DON'T DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY!!!

FDGL is part of United Card Processing. Both have ripped me off with aggressive sales and then getting me to sign an agreement and then telling me I didn't qualify for their system. It was a bait-and-switch. I thought we were done after they denied our original agreement, but they pulled money from my account and FDGL is trying to get over $2000 for equipment I have never seen or used. Class action suit is very much necessary to stop their scamming practices.

I signed a business account through Wells Fargo and decided to TRY their service for accepting credit cards. I was told the monthly fee but was also told that I could cancel at any time as that was important to me because I was just starting out booth renting on my own in a hair salon. After using the service and paying for 6 months I realized there were a lot of fees involved that there were not with other companies. So I went back to the bank, told them I no longer wanted to use First Data and gave them the equipment.

I have since received a bill for over a thousand dollars and when I try to call and explain what happened to me I was told that there was a four year contract that I signed whether I knew it or not and that I must pay it. I cannot afford this?? Then when trying to explain I have been hung up on and told it's not their problem and I must pay by a very, very rude group of people. I have never seen such a horrible company who lies, and has such horrible customer service in my life. So now they are putting this on my credit even though clearly they are frauding people left and right and straight out lying to people!!

I was scammed from the get go and didn't even know it till it was too late. We run a small handyman service and someone replied to our ad said he needed a quote for a job repair. He sent me address. I look it over, call him and gave him a price with a deposit required. He agreed. Wanted to charge his card for job. I told him, "Yes, I have a PayPal account." He said he would like to use Clover and persuaded me to use Clover so my fiancé and I started a basic clover account. He charged his card and it went through. I then instructed customer we would start when Clover reviewed transaction and funds were clear. Please note that Clover holds charges for 24 hours but Clover held funds for five days and funds cleared so we started work 3 days after funds cleared.

A company First Data tries to overdraft our bank over 9 thousand dollars. We were livid. Said the charges were fraudulent. We disputed and were angry that as usual 24 hour hold to clear funds they took 5 days to make sure funds were good so either the scam artist who screwed us knows Clover has loopholes or is a employee for that company and has access to card numbers. First Data refused to do an investigation and go after the criminal instead trying to flip us with the bill. We then received a letter in the mail stating we owe the 749 dollars to settle for some of responsibility for loss. We complied and thought it was done and cancelled services. 2 weeks later we received a letter saying we owe the 9.548 dollars.

This company needs to be brought down. I will be filing a civil lawsuit against them for punitive damages and pure negligence. Never deal with Clover or First Data. I plan to make a forum for people having issues with this sorry company and get petitions signed and take them to Supreme court. There's just too much coincidence and shady activities with these two companies.

At the end of the contract we returned the terminal (by recorded delivery), within two weeks they automatically send out an invoice for the terminal for £300 saying they have not received it back. When you ring them and give them the tracking number they automatically tell you to ignore the letter/invoice. Underhand tactics, not happy with them, would not recommend them.

I signed up for Clover Go in September and within weeks my tablet didn't recognize device. I couldn't use for 6 months and called many times with hours on phone. I finally did hard reset on my tablet and set it up again this March and began using again until today, March 30th, it started not recognizing device again. Spent an hour on phone and no help. Finally was able to fix it myself. Terrible technical support, device glitch and can't use. Also, was being charged a penalty the entire time for not having done the security verification which I had done. They would not refund. When I get home I want out of my contract!!!!

I was offered a free desktop terminal if I purchased one. Yes I purchased a wireless terminal since I was receiving a desktop terminal for free. However, I never received the desktop terminal and used the wireless one. The wireless terminal does not stay powered of the charger for no more than 2 hours. After complaining about the free terminal to First Data, they agreed to cancel me with my defective wireless terminal. Never once came to fix the terminal, just cancelled me so they don't have to deal with the lies they offered. I'm out $1400.00 for a terminal that doesn't work properly, but took out their fees. A terminal cost $650.00 plus, so don't put money in these sales agents pockets.

On top of that I have never received the free terminal. The contract was send through email a month and a half later so I have no reference to what I am charged. I am going to civilly sue the agent that convince me to buying a merchant terminal to get one free. I have no way of getting back my money or fixing this defective terminal. Plus after cancellation they still take out fees. Someone from that company has to take accountability of what they did to me!

We also, have been ripped off by this company. We ordered a Clover machine in June 2016. We ordered a mini iPad and was shipped a full stationary register. Payments began to be taken out of our business account before we could even return the equipment. We tried to explain to everyone who would listen, but we contently kept being put on hold and transferred to department after department until we would hang up. For months I kept calling and calling. Clover said they would send us a return tag every month for 4 months. First Data Global Leasing would not stop taking money from our account! We should not have been billed due to having the wrong equipment shipped to us in the first place.

We had to finally have our account closed, we refused to pay the shipping price to have the equipment shipped. It cost $120.00 to ship the equipment. But First Data Leasing Kept taking different prices from our account. The only way to stop them was to cancel our bank account and they had the nerve to call for payment! I couldn't believe it!

It took me 3 years to finally divorce my company from First Data after terrible products were pushed on me. I now have to continue paying $40 per month for a lease on a terminal I delivered via UPS which I fully paid out??? And the service rep I spoke to really doesn't care, I don't know what to do next???

When it comes to bad companies First Data is king. They are a horrible company that somehow continues to withdraw money from my account even after I have closed the service and my account with them. I'm getting ready to sue them for fraudulent charges. Initially they do not want to refund you the money. You have to call many times and often talk to a supervisor. If you encounter this company run away and if you do business with this company you must close your account so that they do not have your account information. Also be ready with a lawyer to sue them.

We have a card terminal from First Data, they are ok when all is going well but soon as you have a problem they don't want to know and just lie to get you off the phone. Cost my company £4500.00. DO NOT USE FIRST DATA.

We are victims of this awful company as well. They sent us a machine to use and it broke down after 8 months of use. They sent us a new battery. After 16 calls to them it worked for a little while and broke again. They promised to send us a new machine and continued to charge our account monthly fees for a machine we could not use. We tried to cancel and they said this was a non cancellable contract and yet would not send us a new machine to use. We sent the broken one back and still did not receive a replacement. They have turned us in to collections. My email is **.

If you have the option to use a different service do so before you regret it. I was signed up for them as a complementary (obligatory) package of my checking account. Their service is unreliable. My business had to start using PayPal (I'm not getting paid to mention them). Clover Services was masked underneath the bank's "Merchant Service". Once their service proved useless I tried closing the account to find out there is a $500 early termination fee or a monthly fee that I need to pay until the 3-year contract ended. The contract went on as the bank account forced me to maintain it. Two month before the 3-year contract ended they charge the $500 early termination fee. Now I'm stuck in their collection department which is efficient unlike their customer service.

I have been in business for over 30 years. I know how merchant processing works by now but was still taken advantage of these companies. I own my own machine. I bought it outright for 189.00. This company cold called me and I told them I owned my own machine. They told me they were giving me a free one. They end up charging me 59.99 a month. It has coming separate out of my bank account.

I find out through United Card Solutions I signed a contract. I knew I sign one. The other two I did not. They took my photo signature and copied it on the contracts. Now United Card Solutions is add more fees each month. I have been scammed. I paid 50.00 to my bank to stop taking charges out. This is just fees without using this company that's not counting the 59.99 monthly from First Data. How can they get away with this??? The government needs to go after these scams.

I was contacted yesterday by email from Canadian POS with an offer for better processing rates. I did not respond but I did read the email, which offered about the same amount for the rate as I am paying now. Today I had a very aggressive and slimy fellow named Jerry call me. He started with a bad opening line of "Is this the famous actress Catherine". Like we were on a bad singles cruise in the 70s. Anyways he said he was from First Data and Canadian POS and that he needed my statement to SAVE me from all the ripoff from the company I was using now was doing to me. I asked him to send me his best rates through email and I would have a look. He did not like that and asked why I was being like this.

Luckily I was in front of my computer and did what I always do when I get these calls. I googled the company and was sent to this website. Thank you to everyone who posted about this company. I then told Jerry I was getting off the phone and if he had better rate he could send it in writing. The email I received from my good friend Jerry was not nice. All in capitals that I have hurt his ear when I slammed down the phone and that I had wasted his time. Well at least Jerry was right about that I was wasting his time. Thank you for posting and getting the word out about all the issues with this company and saving me from signing up.

I'm shopkeeper. First Data agent come to my shop called Zahid and said to me "this is a very easy terminal, very cheap. After this you can accept direct debit card credit. Only £20 a month. If you wish to cancelled you'll need to pay only £50." I was agreed and signed. Later on company was charging me a lot. When I contact with agent he said "do not call me, call First Data." Then I contact First Data, they said "if you wish to cancelled lease you have to pay for full 5 year." It was approx £800. I was very upset, explained "your agent was saying £50." They said "no you signed, look to your agreement." Yes that's true. I did signed trust on agent.

I'm informing you please, please do not signed until you complete read and understand any agreement. First Data was taking money from my account. After 3 years I paid £240 to rid off from them. Total I paid for nothing because I signed. This is very bad company, agent are not trustworthy.. I'll say to all shopkeeper, please, please do not join First Data. And I already informed them "I'll write against you." Good luck. Thanks for reading.

With interest in this company we listened to all the details. With a promise of equipment ready for us in 1 week and the sales rep Candyce to program it, it never happened. Almost 4 weeks later equipment showed up and we immediately gave it back, we had already canceled any and all need for this company. 3 months later the company is still taking money from my account. We have filed a grievance with the State Comptroller over the matter, however I urge anyone Do Not Use First Data!! Candyce ** was the sales rep who lied about the professionalism of her and the company. We will keep posted any changes that come.

We leased an ATM through Webster Bank's merchant services division. That was 5 years ago - about 2 years ago we started having a lot of problems with the ATM and they said it was our connection, etc... and then suggested that we buy an ATM. Well, the issue with owning your own ATM when you are a small business is the maintenance, which is why we were paying for maintenance to First Data. Lo and behold, neither Webster Bank nor First Data having anything to do with ATM leasing anymore. Haven't for some years now. We were never notified. Now the lease is up and they want to charge me for an outdated machine that only works when it wants or I have to pay to ship it back. Still waiting for a copy of the lease from them. Not only are they sneaky crooks, their products stink and their customer service has never been good - do not do business with the company ever.

With all the bad reviews, I hope First Data goes out of business. I was tricked into the contract leasing just like all of the other people leaving reviews. After paying for 4 years of lease payments and not even using the equipment, I planned on returning equipment and being done with them. However, now they say pin was part of "package"; however, I never received pin pad and it's not on the contract. If I don't pay the entire "purchase equipment" price, they will continue the lease payments. I only received the terminal. The terminal is only thing listed on contract. Such a terrible, unethical organization. I would be ashamed to be a part of this company.

I too was suckered in with the bs sales pitch from a third party company (base solutions) which I found out after the fact when it fell apart. I was contacted about a 2 month "promotional deal" the slogan "let first data earn your business". It was supposed to be a no obligation, cancel at any time without penalty trial to see if FD was a "good fit for your business". With nothing to lose, I thought why not - by this time I had had numerous conversations with the same sales person, and had made it very clear that I absolutely did NOT want to be locked into a contract. To which he replied "that's not a problem, FD don't like to keep people in contracts that don't want to be", and kept reassuring me this was a trial... BS BS BS!!!

I had nothing but problems from the start - always calling tech support because of faulty equipment that had to be replaced after 3 weeks, their constant errors on our banking details - leading to $$$$ not being deposited into our account and being held in collections on their end for weeks, not getting the processing rate I was told... and the list goes on and on.

Needless to say, after 2 months FD did not earn my business, so when I call to cancel is when I find out the "no early termination fee" is just for the merchant services department, and I have been locked into a 60 month lease as that is a separate entity of the company! Of course none of this was disclosed by the slimy salesman, and absolutely everything out of his mouth was complete and utter lies. After LOTS of emails and hours on the phone - being passed between different departments of FD and base solutions, they finally agreed to buy out my contract, since the slime-ball salesman agreed to "give up his commission on the deal".

After reading so many reviews (I wish I had of done that before signing up) I realize I am one of the lucky ones to dissolve the binding contract without having to pay it out, and to be rid of FD and Base Solutions. Seriously, one of the worst experiences ever! Any business owner knows you don't need the added stress of bs like this! AVOID FIRST DATA AND BASE SOLUTIONS LIKE THE PLAGUE!!! *I really want to out the sales person so no one else falls for his lies, but I probably can't do that....

UPDATED ON 02/09/2017: In my dealings with First Data, none of them have been remotely positive. I submitted a review/complaint in October 2016 of my absolutely horrible experience with FD, but now I'm writing another one for a different reason; Since dissolving my contract (that I was unaware I even had!) with them last year, I have received numerous cold calls from their sales department. Normally I am able say I'm not interested and that's where the phone call ends. Today however was a different story - I had an extremely rude and pushy lady on the other end, who did not want to take NO for an answer, and who basically tried to use scare tactics!

I told her that I actually was a previous FD customer, and of my terrible experience, and that I had no interest in her "deal" now or ever. I told her that literally thousands of people had had the same problems according to all the negative reviews. To which she replied "well I should go on-line and write a bad review about your company right now" and tried to then berate me saying I was foolish for believing reviews. OMG!! Not that I needed any more reasons not to do business with this company, but that was the ultimate nail in the coffin! First off I was tricked into their bs contract, I managed to get out, and now I have their salespeople threatening to do more damage to my business through phony reviews! First Data you are the absolute WORST!

A little over 5 years ago we opened a new business, Wine Bar Restaurant in Mount Vernon, Ohio. After about one year we were approached by Merchant Services about switching to them and saving BIG money for our credit card transaction fees. They use First Data as the equipment provider, and quickly slipped a LEASE AGREEMENT past us without filling in the term of the lease. YES, they left it blank. We didn't realize at the time that the $216 per month we were being charged for the equipment would tally up to over $10,000 in 48 months. We were so busy running our business that we just didn't pay any attention to the automatic withdraws from our business accounts.

Well, after nearly 3 years past things settled down and I started to look very closely at expenses. We quickly discovered that we're paying WAY too much for credit card fees, and found another company and switched our service. Almost another year goes by and one day I'm looking at bank statements and noticed that we were still making payments directly to First Data for equipment we hadn't used in nearly a year.

I IMMEDIATELY contacted them and stopped payment, and was quickly told that we could NOT stop the lease for any reason. Not if we had closed our doors, passed away, switched to a better company, or just flat didn't have the money to pay it. The instant we signed the lease agreement we were locked in for $216 for 48 month, NON-NEGOTIABLE for any reason.

I told First Data that our original contract was blank where it showed the lease term. They didn't care. I also told them that the salesperson did NOT disclose the specifics of the lease term to us. First Data very quickly told us that they were NOT affiliated with Merchant Services, and that our lease was a completely separate transaction. Instead of coming to some sort of settlement with us, they had their attorney trash our credit and take us to collections. I even told him on several conversations that our contract was blank where the lease term was supposed to be filled in. He didn't care one bit. I also told him that the salesman did NOT disclose the specifics of the lease, nor did they offer to sell us the equipment instead for around $400 instead of locking us into a binding contract for over $10,000.

The real rip-off here is non-disclosure from the salesman who sold us the original service. They should be REQUIRED to tell the customer that you can purchase the equipment for about $199 to 249 for each business. In our case we had two businesses when we switched. For just two months of lease payments we could have went out and purchased the exact same equipment that they were charging us over $10,000 for!!

It's WAY too late for us, we already paid nearly $10,000 instead of about $400 to buy the equipment, and now our credit is trashed and we are in collections on the balance. I've got news for First Data. I have a check in my hand for the balance, and the only way you are going to get it is to pry it from my cold-dead fingertips! I hope business owners read this. Sorry for being so long winded. It is VERY IMPORTANT information. Stay as far away from First Data as you possibly can!

We bought into the whole Clover POS system thinking we can add things to our app and it would be user-friendly with a one touch system and to make our purchases for our business easy. Well, when we got into our system we realized there were not as many one touch buttons for our business and we called to get them added... well be prepared as there is a charge for every new button you want to add and then your monthly payment goes up as well. Ridiculous!!! Once you get fed up and decide to cancel they say, "Read the fine print and you now owe us thousands of dollars." WHAT!!!

It is a bait and switch company. They get you locked in telling you all this false info and then when you want to cancel you are stuck paying a huge bill!!! We use SQUARE and love it and wish we never would have heard the word CLOVER or FIRST DATA GLOBAL LEASING or SunTrust!!! Horrible, Horrible, Horrible experience and a huge expensive lesson learned!!! Don't fall for it!!! Please read this review before you purchase. I wish I had read reviews before I did.

We signed up through the Sam's Club processing program. From the beginning it was a nightmare. I only wanted a credit card machine and they sent me the large clover cash drawer etc. We I tried to call them, email them to take it back. I got nowhere. Our small business is a auto repair shop and does not need a POS machine. We were stuck! We paid way too much. Sam's Club should be ashamed of themselves being tied into a company that's in the business of ripping businesses off. I sent our equipment back and paid off the remainder of the lease and they still charged us for the next month. I am now on hold trying to get a refund. I will be contacting Sam's Club about this also. I wish a class action suit could be filed on behalf of all the businesses they have ripped off.

I'm beyond words at this point. Clover (First Data) is a SCAM!! Stay away! They charge you way more than they should for the equipment and then lock you into a long term contract. They give you great rates over the phone and then you get your first bill and it is double the percentages promised and you are at their mercy. In the beginning the sales rep will tell you all that they can to get you signed up (I am in sales and his promises were straight out lies - I have no respect for Ben **). Once you have been signed up under false promises good luck getting everything set up. You call over and over and you email and you get no answers anymore. The sales rep disappears.

Then you have to call for a new rep, and then that one doesn't call and then you want to get rid off the equipment because you see where this going but you are opening in a few days and have no choice, so you spend hours on the phone getting passed around like it's a game until you get it halfway set up. These people should be sued for the completely unethical sales tactics. I wonder how many others have been lied to about their FLAT RATES ACROSS THE BOARD (WRONG!). Oh business card are higher percentages and so are corporate cards, "oh and then we add this fee and that fee and no that wasn't the rate you were quoted. It's actually higher." Complete lies.

I am going to start a website to ban together a group of individuals that have been done wrong by this company and start a class action lawsuit. I hope to have it up in the next two weeks where people can register to become a part of it and we will all help find a class action lawyer that will take it on once we get enough numbers. I will lead the charge if no one else will. Email me if you would like to put your name on the ballet and tell your story on the website. My personal email is **. Once the website is created we will tell everyone's story and we will grow the list of victims so that it cannot be ignored! I am sorry for anyone that finds this review because that means you have been screwed too. Send me your story and I will post it and give updates as we move along in this process together.

First Data Global Leasing Company Profile