1.06/5
Based on 335 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

338 First Data Global Leasing Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: July 17, 2018

I am cheated by this company. They told me I can cancel my lease and return back my clover device at the end of my store but I tried to do so. They are torturing me that I cannot. I have to pay $1650 around to buyout or something and have to return back those items to them. I would have bought one iPad for $400 and register for $65 but now they are charging me every month $66.85. I have to pay 36 months more to cancel my contract. This **. Trust me never go with this company... I am cheated.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: June 23, 2018

I lease a machine and closed the business 6 months later and there is no way out if you won't pay us 3,800. Be very careful when sign. The bank are part of the robbery then bank wash the hand and tell you they only put you in contact with them. My girlfriend have an account for 2 years and they start send her email asking her to sign online and now they came out with a new lease that she don’t remember she sign and sent her to collection. Be very careful what you sign with this people. Easy to get in impossible to get out without lose $3000. If you have same issue let's get together to fight those people and bring this to the Congress investigation. I heard more than 6 people around me have going thru some kind of robbery by them. Not sure who ask for help but be careful if you going to do business with them.

First Data Global Leasing | Reviews • Complaints • Ratings | ConsumerAffairs

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: June 1, 2018

A company of liars & scam artists. Our salesperson set us up with 2 First Data contracts with 2 different companies without our knowledge, but both using First Data as the merchant service processor. Why would they even take 2 contracts from 2 separate businesses for the same client? Now we are locked into a 4 year contract unless we want to pay $3000 to buy our way out. We later found out that our "sales" person had previously done time for defrauding the elderly out of their life savings. Either they don't do background checks at all, or they knowingly take multiple contracts from known con artists just to get your money.

Original review: May 29, 2018

Shady. All around. Worst merchant service provider we've ever had. Lied and tried to say we didn't return equipment and wasted our operations manager's time arguing about the fact that we had a UPS verified delivery with signature. Square. Shopify Payments. Amazon is about to enter this space. Can't wait for the meteor to hit all these merchant service dinosaurs that have been ripping us all off for decades.

Original review: April 3, 2018

I was told they were monthly processing fees and that the equipment was standard, even though I didn’t need it. Ended up in 48 month lease for over 20k. The equipment has never left. The box and has never been needed. When I called them, they laughed and said I agreed and I should have understood it before I signed it. I wish I would have and obviously thought I did understand it but they kept interchanging terms like offline debit and pin based debit and saying fees were just part of the processing fees and not for equipment.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about First Data Global Leasing?

Original review: March 30, 2018

Got stuck in a ridiculously expensive and long term contract through the help of my Wells Fargo banker. When I asked if I should buy or lease he told me to lease it for sure. Never mentioned there is a 4 year contract. 4 Years. Over $2000 of leasing payments for a $500 machine. Complained to Wells Fargo and First Data and both couldn't care less. I signed the contract. 2 years into it I purchased a POS machine with a much better rate and continued to make the leasing payments for the remaining 2 years. Huge Rip Off.

Original review: March 29, 2018

They tied me into a 4 year contract and I just wanted to leave and to be honest happy to pay to get out due to their ruthless pricing and awful customer service. I was given a bill for the last 12 months left of my contract which should be 12 x £37.24 at 446.40 but I got charged another £300 on top for no good reason at all. They sent the bill to my accountant's office so I didn't get it for a month and they charged me another month on top as I was late in paying them and when I asked to see my contract they wanted to charge a £12 administration fee, I was so annoyed but just pleased to see the back of them. Please be warned they will charge you for everything!

Original review: March 23, 2018

I open a 2 small shaved ice businesses. After 6 months I had to close due to business being slow. I had opened a small business account with Bank of America to start my business, when I was opening it, the guy helping me said, "Are you processing credit cards", I told him I wasn't sure. He said, "Well you need credit cards to make it in business." And he went on his sales pitch to tell me that they had the clover system with NO CONTRACT and to try it out and cancel if I wasn't happy. I TRUSTED him. I signed so many contracts and papers and was mentally overwhelmed with all I had going on. I signed and didn't notice the SMALL print for First Data putting you in a LONG ASS CONTRACT. I TRUSTED my BANKER. I have always used BANK OF AMERICA. I didn't think He would lie to me.

Well months later... Unfortunately I had to close both my locations. I called First Data and asked how to send back the equipment. They said I couldn't. I was in a 5 YEAR CONTRACT!!! I'm like WHAT??? So I call the Bank and they tell me the merchant services is no contract but the equipment was. I didn't understand how they could do that to me. 2 years later I'm still paying. I tried to settle and they charged me $480 after paying 2 years of $60. This equipment is not worth that. I sent it back and paid the settlement. TODAY I wake up after settling with them and they charged my account $200 again. I'm still paying the 2nd one monthly $60. And I can't seem to get ahead with them. They are thieves and snakes. This is the worst experience I have EVER had with a company. I did NOT allow them to keep charging my account. I don't know what to do anymore.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2018

First of all check this (well you are right I did make that mistake). POS system is $350. I got 2 that makes $700. Guess how much I paid after I signed up for lease? You would say $1000 or so. NOPE! $3500 plus TAX. And I couldn't even OWN it. They asked 500 something to own the POS system. And worse thing is, even I would pay that amount I cannot still use it with different bank. WHAT A SCAM. Which era are we living. These Systems cannot be reprogrammed.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2018

I terminated my contract at 18 months with Paymentsense/FDGL as the charges for the rental of the terminal from FDGL and processing charges from Paymentsense were very expensive! I could cancel out at 18 months (Sept 2017) for a charge which I paid and sent back the terminal to Janus House, Basildon. Cheque and terminal were sent in the same package and recorded delivery. The cheque was cashed but they deny receiving the terminal, and send out further invoices for the rental plus arrears charges.

The harassment is quite severe with phone calls which I refuse to take. I have asked for a detailed billing and keep writing to them saying they have the terminal! My letters keep getting ignored and they just send out more arrears charges. I am now writing to Paymentsense, to the same complaints team that I first registered my disappointment with - I don't think I will get much help!! I used to be with World pay which was top class in comparison. I now have a sensible cheap system much more suitable for a small business.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2018

I terminated my contract with First Data back in August 2017. I sent back the terminal in August and last week they sent me a letter advising me to send them a terminal within 14 days otherwise I have to pay around £900. It’s same thing happen to Mike from Sheffield as after 6 months I couldn’t find the post office receipt with the tracking number so I’m but in ** now.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2018

First Data is a large payment processor and their reach is far and great. Many large merchant banks or POS Businesses actually go through First Data for equipment leasing including; Booker, Capital, Cathy, Citi, Peoples, Sterling, Suntrust, and Wells Fargo. As a small business, if you bank with one of these companies or want to use a Clover System, you are at the mercy of First Data. They determine, whether or not you qualify, to purchase a POS system. Then they are the ones that trap small business into a long term lease for a piece of equipment that cost at the most $200, but the lease is $35-100/m for 3-5 years.

Even if you have excellent credit (780), if their credit systems "Auto Declines" you/your business, once again you at are their mercy. This is what happen to us. We are a new business with great credit, and we need a POS to actually open. We use Booker and bank with Wells Fargo. We had $250k build out, another $200k in equipment, everything is in place, but we can't open because First Data Auto Declined us. Their reason we have a First Data collection account?!? We/they called First Data collections and had them run our social, EIN, and MID numbers and there is nothing in collections. First Data acknowledges there is clearly an error in the Auto Decline process, but they are unable to resolve the issue and it must go through the process. They apologize. So many apologies. Promise they are working with credit to resolve. All attempts to escalate go nowhere. Over 3 weeks later, we are still waiting. Still not able to open.

We have called other companies, and the conversation ends, when we ask, "Who do you use to lease the equipment," or "who will be approving our equipment lease," and the answer is First Data. We have our retirements invested in this new business. Our community is excited for our new venture, but it requires us to be able to run credit card transactions. Each day we are not able to open. We lose money. First Data doesn't care. They have to go through their slow process. Unable to escalate despite it clearly being their error.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

This company is full of crooks and liars. Stuck in a contract with devices that don't work for **! Hidden fee's out the ying and they take 12% of all sales. What a joke. There should be a major lawsuit against this company! DO NOT USE CLOVER OR FIRST DATA! Save yourself the hassle!!!

Original review: Jan. 10, 2018

I have leased credit card equipment from First Data Global Leasing. The 5 year term was up and I received a letter from them on how to return the equipment. I noticed that the serial number on the equipment was not the same as the equipment I had so I called the number listed. I was told that I would have to contact my merchant service company for a swap form and that I could not return the equipment until they had the swap form. After several attempts to contact my merchant service company I called First Data back and they had a different number to call so they put me on hold and called the number they had. They connected me to the call and I was emailed the swap form with the correct serial number and they emailed First Data as well. When I called First Data to make sure they received the email, they said they had not. I then emailed it to them and checked a week later to make sure they received it and at first they said they did not.

After persistence on my part I was able to have them keep checking. They finally said they found the email but said that the system had not been updated with the correct information. I told them that I was waiting to send the equipment back and that they were charging me $150.63 each month and I wanted someone who would follow up with me. That was on a Friday and Cashmere employee ID #** said she would expedite the update but it may not be until the following Tuesday, she would call me to let me know the status because I was still being charged for the equipment.

I called on Wednesday and got the run around again about the update. Meanwhile I have sent the equipment back because I was sick of waiting, but am still being charged $150.63. I feel my only resolution would be to file a lawsuit. Let this be a lesson to anyone reading this, when you allow a company to automatically deduct payments from your account, you are at their mercy to stop charging you especially when it is in their best interest to keep charging you.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2018

First Data Global Leasing conniving with Wells Fargo to get you to sign a 36 months ($54/month) contract on a piece of equipment that only worth $300 to buy outright and don't even own the equipment after the terms. They don't give you option to terminate the contract early. How could they get away with this robbery? We need class action lawsuit filed against this company. The CEO of this company should be in jail not on the street.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2017

This company it is totally **. They will screw you up no matter what. Their sales rep will sign a lot of thing behind you. Don't believe me? You can get them a try. I have auto batch everyday that I never asked and they did for me because it is a charge for it. They send me a lot of copy papers every month which I never request but they send it to you because it is a charge. Their rate is extremely high compare to others but the rate which were different when you offer you before you sign the contract. Once you signed the contract? Okay that's it. They start to ** play the game with you. No matter what you do they don't give **. They just charge you, charge you and ** charge you. Don't believe me? Okay get them a try.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2017

Please do your research before doing any business with First Data. They don't care about the customer or their ignorance. They only care about the $$$. They will try to sell you their precious and obsolete credit card reading machines, sell you on false promises of lower credit card rates. They lease you machines that are worth 1/3 of the total lease price. It's actually pretty ridiculous, you can purchase a Used IPAD and buy a credit card swipe reader and you're set... I came in a company a bit after they were sold into these useless CLOVER devices. Huge waste of money. They require you to return the product after spending so much money on it or you can buy it for ONLY $300 more than the total lease price. WHAT A BARGAIN! Almost $5000 for a crappy iPad look alike.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2017

I'm stuck on a contract after I sold my business. I would definitely not recommend this service at all. There's a non breakable contract that you will regret for the rest of your life. Someone should do something about these corrupt companies, at the bank they will not explain about the contract. It's up to you guys. I hope you don't end up here, giving a bad review. Just watch out for these robbers with no guns but with a license to do it.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2017

After reading other reviews, seems this company survives on taking advantage of small businesses. I also changed merchant services after my two year agreement had ended. I was later told that I had signed a 48 month contract with First Data merchant services. The agreement I had read carefully only obligated me to 24 months. These people are trying to get me to continue paying for an additional 24 months. They are very good at bait and switch, and not disclosing all of the information. PLEASE BEWARE AND DO NOT SIGN ANYTHING WITH THESE CROOKS!!

Original review: Dec. 19, 2017

Credit card processing machine in the box that I have never used. I have asked for a copy of the lease & always receive other forms. This has gone on for 21 months. The last time they faxed me a contract that was 4" tall. I could not read anything. I have tried to negotiate a buyout of the machine, which they will agree to, but they say it will impact my credit. They have ZERO ethics. They do not care if you are happy with their services, as long as, they get paid. It is futile to deal with the IDIOTS on the phone. AVOID doing business with them.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2017

This company will completely screw you on merchant services. They lock you in at a specific rate and then charge you so many fees that it is impossible to do business. Their customer service reps ignore any type of contact so that you can’t get anything resolved. I ended up switching to another company.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

A few months back First Data had terminated my contract which disable my card machine from taking payment. Now just received a letter that I now owe them for the rest of the contract term amount £347. I've rang them explaining how can they disable my services and then I still have to pay for remainder of the contract. They did not care and about 10 times told me if I don't pay it will affect my credit rating (I'm sure that's called blackmail) so I now have 30 days to try and fight this and as a small business don't have a clue what to do and feel that I'm just getting robbed of my hard earned money. Very unfair.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

I've been screwed by this company so many times, for a machine that costs $200. I have to pay $2,000 now, all thanks to their bait and switch scheme they have going on there. Please do your research so you do not fall into the same trap I did!

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

They robbed me for more than 2 years. I did everything to get rid of them, many phone calls, took notes, got accurate numbers, asked every detail to end the account and I was promised by them that every step was completed. At this time I had already paid to them a thousand dollars without using their terminal which was already disconnected for a year and the account closed.

Now I have just realized that after that they were charging me $31,74 every month for almost 2 years after closing everything. They said the information I got from the person I have talked to was inaccurate and that's why I've been charged for 2 years after closing everything and expended one thousand dollars. And for me to end this nightmare and stop paying $31,74 a month for more years I need to paid them more $151,44!!! After a fight she said she could make it for $80 and that's it. Agree or not agree? They are robbers, professional robbers working for Citibank.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

Ended our agreement with this company back in February 2017 and returned their terminals. Today out of the blue we received a letter stating that they haven't received their terminal back and if not returned within 7 days they want £700.00 plus VAT. Disgusting that a company would think that they can come back after nearly 8 months stating that they haven't received their equipment. I returned the equipment by recorded delivery so they can whistle for their money. To be honest I think they are trying it on, I believe that they think that if they leave it several months then we won't have proof of the return and therefore can get away with charging. Do not go anywhere near this company. They are crooks!

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

First Data have charged my company over £900 for NOT sending my old terminal back - but the fact is I DID send it back and had proof (recorded delivery). Within 1 minute of me telling them this they JUST FOUND the terminal all of a sudden, less than 1 minute. I was then told it would be 10 DAYS - yes 10 days before it would be reimbursed. 10 days past and now I have been told the same thing again. Disgusting.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2017

I have sent three other disputes over the last 3 months and the response reported that you had reported correctly and so the hit on my credit remains. I contacted your company and talked with many of your employees. They could not help me and referred me to their supervisors. Andrea ** and Amanda **. I have called these people well over 20, that's right, over 20 times over a 3 month period and was never able to talk to them. I left a message each time with my name, my problem, my account number and my phone number asking them to return my call. I have never heard from either of them. The report that I had missed 3 payments is incorrect. You deduct my payments directly from my bank account each month and you have never missed debiting my bank account each month.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2017

Was roped into this lease by Merchant Associates located in San Diego, Ca. Was promised lower rate on merchant sales and would be provided with free upgrades for Merchant Equipment. After I receive equipment I was sent a contract for leasing the equipment. In the past I always brought or was supplied with Merchant Service Equipment, now I am being told that I had to pay for the lease even if I brought the equipment. I was quoted over $1,900.00 for equipment you could buy anywhere for less than $500.00. I returned the equipment and they said I could buy out the contract for $1,627.70. Or they would report me to credit reporting companies.

From the first day that I started using the equipment I had problems. Every time we would do point of sale, we would get error of no host, would get notice of transaction void, and would run the card again and the card would be charge twice. I was on the phone with Merchant Associates or First Data two or three times a week, each time getting a different answer. I close my account with Merchant Associates and First Data Leasing. I also close my business checking account so they could not continue to rob my accounts. I will be reporting both companies to the BBB.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2017

Company supposed to be cheaper and they are ripping me off every month now taking out money every month out of my acct. Charging me 4 times the amount it should be!!! I changed companies to a better one and still have to pay for this lease of equipment I'm not using!!! Total Rip Off.

Original review: July 19, 2017

I was told I could try a new credit card service and cancel at any time with no fees. Person I set this up with was Levell ** with card services. After receiving statement it was not what was quoted. I have been trying to reach him for 2 days. Phone goes to voice mail. So I have pulled his service. Merchant #s **. After calling to cancel and send back your machines ordered by Levell you tell me I have to pay for the machines Levell ordered. I have your machines and mailing back now. I will do whatever is needed. But will not pay for machines ordered by Levell and told I could drop at any time if not happy with services with no charges. If you need to pay let Levell or card services.

First Data Global Leasing Company Information