1.07/5
Based on 357 reviews that contain star ratings

360 First Data Global Leasing Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 18, 2019

I am a small business owner and have 3 business and we launched a 4th to try and fill a void in a space we already occupied and worked through my bank to set up point of sale purchase system. The bank works with First Data systems. While at the bank, they conferenced me in to speak with a sales rep from First Data and the account manager at the bank. They were friendly and eager and the sales pitch was inaccurate and in my opinion fraudulent. I need to stress that I am a small business. All small business survive in the "margins" and I desired to move to a point of sale system over checks. They told me the equipment was going to be about $850 and that I could spread that over a 36 month period and that I could cancel at any time.

This was not the case at all. (Buyer beware here.) I ended up in a non-negotiable lease for a 36 month period for the equipment and a monthly service charge even if the business shuts down. The lease over a 36 month period came to $3125 and I still would not own the equipment (Clover). Every month for the first 6 months or so, I received letters stating the the fees they were charging me increased.

In month 26 our business shut down. We closed shop. We closed the account called First Data and told them we went out of business and that we no longer needed their services. That's when I was informed that my "cancel any time pitch" was a non-negotiable lease. They demanded a payment of $850 (remember the initial cost of the equipment was $850) and to return the equipment immediately.

That is when the fun started. I told them that the sales pitch was cancel anytime. Technically true. Only to cancel would require a payment of the full 36 months. I begged and pleaded with two reps from First Data. If only I had recorded the conversations. They were brutal. Firm is a polite word. They cut me off every sentence and said that there was no way out of the lease and that they were amused at my request to dissolve the lease.

The last few lines in my 2nd conversation with First Data customer representative went something like this. "I am not at all concerned that your business failed. That's on you. Maybe some business classes would help. I really don't care and furthermore you will pay the remaining balance on your lease and I have a huge legal department that will crush you. You will pay." I was in shock and I asked, "Is there nothing we can do? The business has shut down and all accounts are closed." Rep said, "I have nothing more to talk to you about. You will pay."

I was in shock. Waited a day and then went to my bank. They connected me with First Data and I figured that if they sent me to them they may be able to help. More fun, let me tell you. The bank was completely unable to negotiate or advocate on our behalf at first. They reached out and First Data shut them down too. 30 days later I began getting letters and threatening letters from First Data. I reached out to them again to explain that the business was shut down, accounts closed and equipment returned. They refused to speak to me about anything until the account was paid in full.

Here is an excerpt. "We still look forward to your continued status as our VALUED lease customer. We are still not in receipt fo the above-referenced payment. In addition to the previous amount due, your total sue is reflected above.... Your account with us is in Default and past due. NON-CANCELABLE. TEN DAYS....report to agencies and seek other alternatives to secure the TOTAL past due balance."

So I copied all letters, notices, financial statements and written summary of all interactions with First Data and reported it all to my bank. Things got moving. I received a call from an actual decision maker at my bank. We calculated that the cost of doing business with First Data was "excessive" and the way they treated me and the letters and statements were on the polite side "intimidating". Let me tell you, they go moving. They suggested that I no longer contact First Data and requested everything that I had on First Data. I gladly handed it all over and eventually after a couple of weeks, received a call from a Managing Director at my bank. He was pissed and embarrassed that they had referred me to First Data and he offered to work directly with First Data to resolve this.

During this time First Data turned me/us into the credit bureau and we started getting threatening calls from collectors. The bill including late fees had now ballooned to over $1500 or so. I reported this back to the Bank. After an additional 3-4 weeks, the bank negotiated with First Data and the lease was dissolved and a refund of approximately $250 was returned.... and the Past Due Collections was removed. I can't thank my Bank enough and have let them know.

After this ordeal (and let's be clear, the $1500 or so is not even close to the issue here.) I began to investigate First Data. I found out quite a bit about First Data and why culturally they are simply not a fit for my, our companies nor small business in general. I suggest you do the same. The CEO at First Data is Frank Bisignano and in 2017 his compensation package at First Data came to over $100 million. Yes that's right, $100,000,000.

The health of any economy and all neighborhoods both historically and today is rooted in small business. Small Business need flexibility to survive. Small Business tend to hire people, keep people longer and owners and employees are happier working at and in small businesses. It is not my experience at all that First Data nor its policies are advantageous to small businesses. First Data is a HUGE business and their policies are not flexible, honest nor friendly to small business. Be well and I hope your business grows, your work is meaningful and you are surrounded by the people you love.

Original review: April 9, 2019

Velocity Merchant Service fraudulently advised me that I must use their equipment to process EBT for store. Advised me my clover thru TD bank would not work. Velocity cancelled their merchant contract after complaint to BBB but First Data refuses to take equipment back. The equipment was programmed correctly upon delivery. This is how I found out my cliver from TD bank could process EBT.

Merchant lied about equipment and fees. The equipment could never and can never be used as First Data encrypted it to be used with Velocity Merchant. You can never use another Merchant. Never. They take approx $189 per month for over a year now. The manager advised I do not have video or proof I was lied to. Well they can see Velocity cancelled their contract and they can see no processing or use of equipment ever. This is theft of my bank account and total fraud. They want equipment back and $6000 or more to let me out of the contract. Unbelievable. They will not acknowledge that the premise for the sale was based on false and misleading info regarding processing EBT for USDA. I am very upset regarding this fraud.

Get expert buying tips about Business to Business Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 5, 2019

I received the Clover System with missing parts and previous owners personal information. So they sent me used and broken equipment. I ended up contacting the previous owner since I had his information and he said that’s his old equipment that he sent back to them that he had problems with! Then I contacted Merchant industries. They blamed it on Clover. So then I contacted Clover, they claim that they didn’t even know we had their equipment because they could not find our account so it took them three weeks to even get it set up and running.

We went through two account managers with merchant industries. Ricky ** who spoke to my partner and I, had told us false information before we even agreed to getting the POS System. Which we have a recording of him giving us the false information. Once he made the sale he was impossible to get in contact with. That account manager was switched to Brian **. He had handle our cancellation and was supposed to be refunding me the money since we never got to use the equipment. Brian ** ignored my calls and would always tell me he would call me back and I never once received a callback from him. I always had to reach out and ask questions to see what was going on with my account.

After he told me it was canceled first day after he told me it was canceled First Data charge my account for $144.38. I received another charge of $90.89 from merchant services. None of these charges were ever suppose to be charged to my account. My account had been canceled and there is no cancellation fee or equipment fee. This company uses your bank information even after you cancel!

Original review: March 14, 2019

Please avoid First Data Global Leasing at all costs. The lease is non cancelable and they make you sign as a personal guarantor. Once you are a "customer" the customer service department is not friendly or helpful. After requesting documentation on the lease several times, I still have not received a signed copy of the lease or the list of equipment that was issued to us. I have removed their access to debit our account directly and that has finally gained their attention. I have been hung up by the customer service department after making a simple request. I will never do business with this company again and I strongly urge you to investigate this company online before proceeding. You will find many poor reviews similar to mine.

Original review: March 13, 2019

We upgraded our POS system and returned the old equipment via FedEx with call tags provided by First Data in November 2018. March of 2019 we get over $1700 removed from our checking account for 'not returning equipment.' We have proof-of-delivery from FedEx that indeed the packages were signed for. After a huge runaround they claim that they 'found' the POS and a printer. Several days later they refunded our checking account for the POS. We are still waiting on the printer refund. At this point we are out $700.00 for the equipment they claim was not returned. The original person helping me was congenial in our first dealings but now they have become belligerent! As said above, proof-of-delivery is just that PROOF OF DELIVERY. If they misplaced our equipment we don't see how that is our fault?! We've contacted the leasing department per a First Data rep, who told us we need to contact First Data.

In reading other reviewers we see that this seems to be just one issue that appears over and over. How can a company get away with such improper business practices? Please, do NOT do business with this company as we would hate to see others have to go through what we are going through. We only picked Sam's Processing because they had a better rate. We now realize that for the pennies we are saving it is so not worth it. Shame on Sam's for representing a company with such bad business practices. Oh and we'd give zero stars but that is not possible. Too bad because this company does not deserve even one star.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about First Data Global Leasing?

Original review: March 6, 2019

This is the worst customer service company that I have ever had to deal with. I wanted to cancel this lease early due to a price increase in services which I was entitled to do in regards to the Code of Conduct agreement that I entered. At one point in the lease, I had an equipment failure and the equipment was changed and this is what precipitated to the breakdown in communications. Their employee did not record the serial number for the new equipment and do the proper paperwork to cancel the old serial number.

Long story short, I spent a total of 5 hours on the phone on two separate occasions with employees that had poor communication skills, in trying to rectify their error, and they still want to invoice me for an early buy out of the lease equipment. This company is linked with First Data Merchant services which provides the data processing service on the POS equipment, and both companies don't communicate well with each other. There are other companies that provide this service and I would recommend that you explore the options.

First Data Global Leasing response

Thank you for bringing the stated concern to our attention. To better assist with the resolution of this matter please send your Merchant Number or the associated Lease Number via email. Upon receipt we will be able to assist with the resolution of your stated concerns.

Original review: March 6, 2019

The customer service really poor. After finished my contract they still charge monthly fee. I finished my lease MAY 18 2017. Until now, still fighting with them. I mailed the equipment. Was signed with J. ** June 13 2018. Still don't find the equipment. I still pay fee, because I cannot lose my credit. I need to something because I have already more than 6 months fixing this problem, and paying for something that company is no use it. The company was closed at May 2018.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

I was tricked into signing a lease agreement on the credit card equipment. I plainly told the agent that I did not want a lease. He assured me that the equipment was free to use as long as I used the Merchant Processing. The E-sign document was so small that it could not be read. Also could not "enlarge" it in order to read it. When I asked what each page was, I was told that it was agreeing to the terms $59 per month and 10 cent transaction fee. That was ALL. I did not get a lease charge on my bank account for two months. When I saw it on my bank statement, I immediately contacted the agent to disagree to a lease. He said that it was non-cancellable. Not what I was told. Tried to contact them again and was unable to get through. Only voicemail. Finally, I faxed a cancellation letter to the Merchant Processing company. Now am receiving calls from a debt collector.

First Data Global Leasing response

Ascentium Capital is not associated with First Data in anyway. This is why we were unable to find a lease with First Data Global Leasing. They are a separate leasing company used by the sales office that boarded your account. They are technically our competition in the market. As such we have no insight into their leases or terms, and are unable to assist with this matter.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

Wells Fargo and First Data offered my company a credit card service. The day I went in I had a migraine headache and listened and said, "Could I just think about it." They told me that there was no pressure if I signed up and I could cancel at any time in the next 30 days if I was not satisfied. I signed and waited two weeks for a consultant who was promised for come out and demonstrate how it works. No one came and I was told to consult with a different department for conference call set up. I called First Data to cancel and they said I needed approval from Wells Fargo.

I called Wells Fargo. They said I needed approval from First data to cancel. This went on for a couple more weeks then First Data said it was fine if I canceled but I had a contract I had to pay for 3 yrs even if I did not use the service. The bank vice president and loan officer of Wells Fargo and Nick, the First Data rep. set this scam up. I have paid 33.00 a month for almost 3 yrs and received no services for it. I had a CPA contact BBB but before it was resolved she had to have cancer surgery and so I continue to pay.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

Our restaurant suffered severe smoke damage from a neighboring store's fire. We called the customer support line to get instructions on what to do with the machine during the closure period since we were not using the machine. We were instructed to send it in so that there would not be damage to the machine. When we reopened 11 months later, they told us that we would have to buy-out the current contract at $3,000 and open a new leasing agreement. We called multiple times to get this sorted out as we were instructed to send in the equipment and found it to be ridiculous to essentially have 2 leasing agreement because they 'could not' send out new machines under the current contract.

I would steer FAR away from this company or get everything in writing to support your case. The customer service for this company was rude and not helpful. I asked for an expedited copy of the agreement so I could share it with our insurance company and was told that the team who processes the request were all on vacation for the holidays and she could not help further and then hung-up on me. Be aware!

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

These criminals operating from Marietta, GA are total scam. They are operating under the First Data/Payeezy/Clover. First they will charge you $300 for their Payeezy gateway. They will offer you a good rate of 1.89%, then within a few months it goes up to 4.5%. They will tell you as long as you fill the PCI compliance questionnaire, you won't get charged, yet you will see $50 monthly charge for this and they will say that you failed to pass the questionnaire even though you point out to them that your PCI is perfectly compliant.

Then, after they stiff you for a couple of months, they terminate your merchant account without notice or cause; and without giving you a grace period to try to find another credit card processor for your business. As such, your business will suffer and you will lose sale and end up with tons of bills to pay without any revenue. And to add insult to injury, they charge you $500 for account termination, even though the agreement says that this charge is applied if you terminate the account and not if they cancel it on you. But of course, they will stiff you no matter what.

These people are inhumane, they should be prosecuted for stealing from hard-working small businesses. Everyone who suffered from them should complain to the Better Business Bureau and the Attorney General of the United States. They should go out of business, they are totally rude and their customer service is absolutely abysmal. Not only they are the worst, but it's like dealing with thugs from third-world countries.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

I signed up through Clover for my Clover Mini machine to use in my yoga studio. I noticed that they were charging me a lot of money, more than what that lease/contract states. They said that it was because of some PCI scanning compliance. That I hadn't completed it yet, so that's $20 right there. I don't see anywhere in my lease that states that I would be charged for that if it's not completed. So, I finished it and I'm still being charged more money! I emailed them again since it's hard to get anyone on the phone and I haven't had a response back yet. I closed my studio down in February and I called to tell them this since I no longer need the Clover Mini.

They told me that I have to keep paying on the leased equipment until it's paid for even though I'm not using it anymore. I complained and asked to speak with a supervisor and they worked out a buyout for me which was like $400, but I'd have to send the equipment back first. Well that didn't happen! What kind of a deal is that? I wasn't about to send them money and return the equipment that I won't be using anymore. I'm basically paying for a piece of equipment that's probably only worth $200 and then sending it back so that they can refurbish it and sell it to someone else!!! I only had the equipment for a year and I had 2 more years to go on the lease. The buyout price they offered came out cheaper, but they wanted me to pay it off and then send it back. They are out of their minds!!!

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

I was leasing equipment. My business relocated to a place where a hard phone line is not available. I told First Data and they told me to return equipment. I did and they received but continue to charge me. When I asked why they said the lease cannot be cancelled and that I owe for 19 more months. When I stopped payment they are threatening to hurt my credit report. I complained. Was hung up on twice and told I am being ridiculous. When I asked them to either replace with equipment that works or at least return what I had sent back they refused and said they are not required to. I cannot understand how legally they can charge me for 19 months for something I no longer have, they refuse to return. I have paid for several months without having equipment and am appalled at the rudeness of this company.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

First Data is the original issue as they were misleading in their credit card processing. The cards did not get processed into our account for 2 days instead of the 1 day turn around promised. Then when we think we have used up our contract terms, we get surprised with the fact that they have locked you into an additional year with their leasing company. The leasing company is supposedly a different company so there is "nothing they can do". The leasing company has the same name so that is absurd. Finally, after you have spend 3 times the price of buying the terminal outright EVERY month, at the end it's not even yours, you have to arrange to have it sent back. To add insult to injury, if you add up the additional 12 months you think it will take for a buy out, the buyout price is $2200 more than just paying for the rest of the "terms". Unsatisfied. I am looking into a way to get the Federal Trade Commission involved in their scheming.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

My experience with First Data Global Leasing has been a terrible experience from the beginning. I have dealt with other merchant accounts before and have NEVER experienced anything like this. I have never used the equipment - don't use First Data but they locked me into a 48 month lease that FDGL will not let me out of. I think they stay in business by people like me paying for nothing and then they still want more money. I figured out my payoff and what they quoted me was more. True crooks. Stay as far away from this company as you can.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2018

I have an issue with the equipment I leased. The lease was through First Data Global Leasing. There is no way to reach them by phone. I have never used my equipment. The reason is because my merchant services provider Global Payment Source gave me misleading information in the beginning to get me to sign a lease.

Global Payment Source said that I would receive equipment that would process credit cards and process checks for a total of $30 per month. The equipment they sent me will only process credit cards. It is a Pax S80. When I received the equipment, I was told to wait, that a separate check processing equipment was due to arrive. This equipment never came. I already have a basic credit card processing machine, which I own. This company scammed me into getting another one, which functions the same, by misleading me and telling me I could also process checks for that price. The account rep communicated to me that processing checks and credit cards would cost me $1440 over 48 months. Now I am finding out a month later that it will cost me $2400 after I purchase a separate check processing service and a required insurance for my credit card reader.

I have been trying to reach First Data Leasing to find out how to send this equipment back. The phone number I have goes to an automated system and I cannot reach a human. I have been inquiring for 2 weeks on how to send this credit card machine back. I have no contact phone numbers other than for the account rep at Global Payment Source. Everyone I call within Global Payment Source transfers me to him. The phone number for First Data Leasing goes to an automated system. I just want to send this machine back since I was not told about the added charges from the beginning. I can’t reach anyone who will assist me. There is a big difference in $2400 and $1440 for the next 4 years to do what I need to do. If the rep had told me to begin with I would have never agreed to this.

Who knows if this will be all the charges. So little was communicated to me in the beginning that I have lost all faith in this company. I feel I have been scammed. All charges involved in the product and service that I needed should have been communicated to me on the first day. Now I am finding out about them one by one. I may be hit with more charges that I do not know about.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

This company achieves the rare distinction of being oblivious to the appalling quality of it customer services. Once a month I have to change my password, but once a month the system fails me. I tried to ring them but was defeated because they asked made for the street number of my address. Like millions of others including, the Queen, there is no street number for my address.

As an alternative I was asked to insert my postcode on my phone. There is no facility for entering a postcode. I then tried completing an online inquiry form but I was defeated because the name of my company was rejected. In the end the only method of contacting them was to write a letter, which I have now done. I suspect that this will get me nowhere because they hate their customers so much. I also suspect that I will have to repeat the whole tedious and stressful procedure every month from now on. This company should make a far greater effort to stress test their customer services so that they are user friendly. It is clear that the people who design their procedures are of very poor quality.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

We represent a business that just opened on 8/15/2018. This week on 9/12 we discovered that our normal deposit that should have been in our bank account from 9/10 sales was not there. After going to our bank (BB&T) they informed us that a deposit had not been received on 9/12. My business did not receive a deposit on 9/12/2018. After contacting Clover Network Merchant Services we were provided with some information. We called back today to work out a resolution. We spoke with Will initially in collections. He then transferred the call to Jay ** (supervisor). Jay advised what we owed. He acknowledged an agreement to pay back the funds over 5 months. He said that he was taking the automatic payback and withdrawal of deposits out of the system. He then said that he would email the "finance" department to work on getting back the funds that were taken or withheld.

We called him back leaving two voicemails after not receiving any promised emails after 7 hours from the call. We then called back and got to Courtney ** (Supervisor) he was very rude, abrasive, nasty, and unprofessional. We do not have a resolution to date and need it addressed ASAP. We prefer to never speak with Courtney ** again and we want all calls today reviewed. Thank you for assistance in advance.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

Stay away from this unscrupulous company with their bait and switch tactics. They cold call small business asking you if you would like to save money on your credit card processing fees. Of course, who wouldn't want to save money on credit card processing. I was sold a 1% processing fee on all of my credit card transactions with a monthly payment of $349 per month to get that rate. The $349 monthly fee was not a buy down fee to get the 1% as their slimy salespeople would have you believe. What you are really doing is signing up for a 48 month equipment lease on credit card processing machines.

I used their processing gateway for less than a week for a total credit card charge volume of $8843. I got my first debit from my bank account today for $741.62. This fee minus the $349 per month leaves $392.00 in discount fees bringing the total discount fee to 4.43%. Beware if you sign up with this unethical outfit. You will not be getting a 1% discount rate on your charge volume. What you will be signing up for is a 48 month nonrefundable lease with First Data Global Leasing. #baitandswitch #scamartists #BuyerBeware

Original review: Aug. 27, 2018

Signed a lease based on the recommendation of Wells Fargo Bank. Should have been more careful and a lot less trustful. First Data gets you to sign a lease because the jacked up price of their machine is so much money. If you stop using Wells Fargo or close down and try to return the equipment they don't allow you out of the lease and send you to collections. They are the worst...never ever sign with them. There are plenty of other ways to get the equipment for much less if not free from processors that want your business. Do your homework and don't use your Bank recommended machines. They get a cut of the price. We will pay but we will remember and pass on the horrible outcome to everyone we can.

Resolution response: Aug. 24, 2018

Company agreed that once equipment has been returned and received, the lease will be cancelled and I will be released of the obligation.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

I spoke with a business consultant on Tuesday, August 7 and expressed the need to be able to process checks. I explained that I have several customers in Puerto Rico who prepay for items manufactured in my business. Although Puerto Rico falls under United States laws, I would like to eliminate the risk of shipping completed items overseas, not knowing first if a check will clear. Anytime an item goes overseas, no matter who the country is governed by, due to ocean freight shipping rates, it can be costly to recover them. Since I have clients who want to send checks, I would like to be able to process those checks. The business consultant I spoke with offered up the Clover Mini device, stating I would simply use the device to take a snapshot of the checks and the checks could be processed. This business consultant provided me with a contract to sign to lease the equipment for 36 months.

When I received the equipment, I downloaded a Telecheck app, as previously instructed. When using the Telecheck app, I found that the equipment, as shipped, would not work if the customer is not present. I would need a scanner to go along with the equipment. I called the number on the screen of the device to request that scanner. I was told, "This is Telecheck support, you need to speak with First Data Leasing." First Data Leasing seemed confused and said the device should simply take a snapshot of the check. I went through what the device screen indicated. I was then transferred to another department within First Data who offered me the scanner for around $250 or $25 per month. I said I should not have to pay additional costs because I communicated my needs to my Business Consultant, who did not disclose to me that I needed this additional component.

I was told to contact my Business Consultant's department. I previously emailed her, but received no response throughout the day and I had lost her number. I was given a number to her supervisor, whom I left a message for. I called back to the equipment ordering department again and this time, I was quoted over $450 for the scanner with no option of a monthly lease. I was rudely told this is firm and I am required to pay. It got late in the afternoon, so I stopped calling. This morning, I boxed up the equipment and inquired about sending it back. I called First Data Leasing, who got me back in touch with the Business Consultant's supervisor, who said the Business Consultant would be providing information on how to return the equipment.

After not hearing back, the entire day, and still not having the business consultant's phone number, I contacted First Data Leasing again. I was told I could return the equipment within 60 days but I would need to speak with a Client Engagement department. The Client Engagement department advised that I am obligated to this contract regardless of whether or not it was communicated to me that I would need to spend money on the additional component to go with the device to scan checks. The client engagement department would not provide information on how to return the machine. I now have this machine packaged and ready to return. No one will tell me who to send it to.

The representatives I speak with tell me that I am obligated to the contract, although the machine does not meet my needs and it wasn't communicated to me that I am required to pay over $450 for an additional component to make the machine function as I need it to. First Data has scammed me into this 36 month contract by not communicating to me that I need the additional component to process checks that are mailed to me from a company overseas. Other consumers need to beware of them. It seems to me that once my signature hit that contract, all customer service diminished. Now, the only communication I receive from them is how I am obligated to this contract and can't get out of it. This equipment is difficult to us and essentially useless to me and they won't even let me return it, gloating that they have me obligated to a contract.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

Beware of the Clover/First Data Global Leasing Program. I received the equipment a short wait ago (2 weeks)... and wanted to return it. I have never used it. I'm unable to return it without a cancellation fee. I never had the opportunity to touch and feel the products until it was shipped to me. I received the equipment through Bank of America Merchant Services. SMALL BUSINESS OWNERS... PLEASE BEWARE OF FIRST DATA GLOBAL LEASING PROGRAM.

Original review: July 17, 2018

I am cheated by this company. They told me I can cancel my lease and return back my clover device at the end of my store but I tried to do so. They are torturing me that I cannot. I have to pay $1650 around to buyout or something and have to return back those items to them. I would have bought one iPad for $400 and register for $65 but now they are charging me every month $66.85. I have to pay 36 months more to cancel my contract. This **. Trust me never go with this company... I am cheated.

Original review: June 23, 2018

I lease a machine and closed the business 6 months later and there is no way out if you won't pay us 3,800. Be very careful when sign. The bank are part of the robbery then bank wash the hand and tell you they only put you in contact with them. My girlfriend have an account for 2 years and they start send her email asking her to sign online and now they came out with a new lease that she don’t remember she sign and sent her to collection. Be very careful what you sign with this people. Easy to get in impossible to get out without lose $3000. If you have same issue let's get together to fight those people and bring this to the Congress investigation. I heard more than 6 people around me have going thru some kind of robbery by them. Not sure who ask for help but be careful if you going to do business with them.

Original review: June 1, 2018

A company of liars & scam artists. Our salesperson set us up with 2 First Data contracts with 2 different companies without our knowledge, but both using First Data as the merchant service processor. Why would they even take 2 contracts from 2 separate businesses for the same client? Now we are locked into a 4 year contract unless we want to pay $3000 to buy our way out. We later found out that our "sales" person had previously done time for defrauding the elderly out of their life savings. Either they don't do background checks at all, or they knowingly take multiple contracts from known con artists just to get your money.

Original review: May 29, 2018

Shady. All around. Worst merchant service provider we've ever had. Lied and tried to say we didn't return equipment and wasted our operations manager's time arguing about the fact that we had a UPS verified delivery with signature. Square. Shopify Payments. Amazon is about to enter this space. Can't wait for the meteor to hit all these merchant service dinosaurs that have been ripping us all off for decades.

Original review: April 3, 2018

I was told they were monthly processing fees and that the equipment was standard, even though I didn’t need it. Ended up in 48 month lease for over 20k. The equipment has never left. The box and has never been needed. When I called them, they laughed and said I agreed and I should have understood it before I signed it. I wish I would have and obviously thought I did understand it but they kept interchanging terms like offline debit and pin based debit and saying fees were just part of the processing fees and not for equipment.

Original review: March 30, 2018

Got stuck in a ridiculously expensive and long term contract through the help of my Wells Fargo banker. When I asked if I should buy or lease he told me to lease it for sure. Never mentioned there is a 4 year contract. 4 Years. Over $2000 of leasing payments for a $500 machine. Complained to Wells Fargo and First Data and both couldn't care less. I signed the contract. 2 years into it I purchased a POS machine with a much better rate and continued to make the leasing payments for the remaining 2 years. Huge Rip Off.

Original review: March 29, 2018

They tied me into a 4 year contract and I just wanted to leave and to be honest happy to pay to get out due to their ruthless pricing and awful customer service. I was given a bill for the last 12 months left of my contract which should be 12 x £37.24 at 446.40 but I got charged another £300 on top for no good reason at all. They sent the bill to my accountant's office so I didn't get it for a month and they charged me another month on top as I was late in paying them and when I asked to see my contract they wanted to charge a £12 administration fee, I was so annoyed but just pleased to see the back of them. Please be warned they will charge you for everything!

Original review: March 23, 2018

I open a 2 small shaved ice businesses. After 6 months I had to close due to business being slow. I had opened a small business account with Bank of America to start my business, when I was opening it, the guy helping me said, "Are you processing credit cards", I told him I wasn't sure. He said, "Well you need credit cards to make it in business." And he went on his sales pitch to tell me that they had the clover system with NO CONTRACT and to try it out and cancel if I wasn't happy. I TRUSTED him. I signed so many contracts and papers and was mentally overwhelmed with all I had going on. I signed and didn't notice the SMALL print for First Data putting you in a LONG ASS CONTRACT. I TRUSTED my BANKER. I have always used BANK OF AMERICA. I didn't think He would lie to me.

Well months later... Unfortunately I had to close both my locations. I called First Data and asked how to send back the equipment. They said I couldn't. I was in a 5 YEAR CONTRACT!!! I'm like WHAT??? So I call the Bank and they tell me the merchant services is no contract but the equipment was. I didn't understand how they could do that to me. 2 years later I'm still paying. I tried to settle and they charged me $480 after paying 2 years of $60. This equipment is not worth that. I sent it back and paid the settlement. TODAY I wake up after settling with them and they charged my account $200 again. I'm still paying the 2nd one monthly $60. And I can't seem to get ahead with them. They are thieves and snakes. This is the worst experience I have EVER had with a company. I did NOT allow them to keep charging my account. I don't know what to do anymore.

First Data Global Leasing Company Information