2. Shopping

Wal-Mart

3.8/5 (2171 ratings)

About Wal-Mart

Wal-Mart Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wal-Mart?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Walmart?

Original review: Dec. 9, 2019

As I read through some of the other reviews it’s like reading over and over again what has happened to me. Walmart by far is the worst online retailer ever. They care zero about their customers and make promises they cannot and will not keep. I ordered a high def Blu Ray player on 11/29 for my wife’s birthday on 12/13. Supposedly it will be delivered by 12/11 and is still somehow processing. Why does it take 10 days to process an order? I only ordered from them because I had a gift card with $78 on it, which I used towards this purchase. Now it’s too close to her birthday to cancel and order elsewhere. This is absolutely the last time I do any business with Walmart. Considering how business is ran inside their stores I don’t know I would think online would be any different.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2019

As a disabled senior I am tasked with online shopping and have now been banned from doing so because reps incorrectly documented numerous returns, of which I never had even one...in attempt to hide their many incorrectly shipped, broken or missing items. I am now being punished for something NOT OF MY CONTROL. THEY REFUSE TO SPEAK WITH ME OR ANSWER EMAILS REGARDING MY CONCERNS and being penalized causing tremendous hardships for me.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2019

I purchased 3 items from Walmart.com at around 2:00 am on Friday 11/29 (Black Friday). I am now a Mom of two and although I have an Amazon account, the prices and promise of prompt shipping from Walmart was alluring. Two-day shipping from Walmart is a complete lie. Do not believe it - but if the items came AT ALL - I would be happy. The first item was a Frozen 2 singing Vanity for my daughter. It was supposed to arrive Thursday 12/5. I stayed up waiting, with the front light on. No package. The next morning, I received an email that said the package was delivered by FedEx at 10:34 pm. NO ONE DELIVERS PACKAGES TO HOMES AT THAT TIME. Plus - I was sitting on a couch right by the front door and there were NO cars on the street at all.

We live in Hanover, MA. When I looked back through the shipment history for the package, it says that the product went from Framingham, MA to Virginia and then to Hanover, MA all within the span of an hour. Obviously this is not possible and must be a mistake on the shipping company's part. I sent a group message to all of our neighbors (we are all very close in a small neighborhood) to see if the package had ended up at someone else's house. Apparently Walmart delivered packages to wrong addresses throughout the neighborhood recently - but mine did not show up.

I contacted Walmart and they assured me that it was delivered (despite not being able to explain that time of night), but said that they would refund me. I asked for a new item to be delivered because this is the "big" gift my daughter is getting from Santa. Walmart said it was out of stock in stores and online and they don't know when they will get it back. Checked Target, Amazon and Kohl's and it's the same deal for all of them too. I could get one by Christmas if I want to pay almost four times what I did the first time. Who can afford that?! So now I'm waiting on the next few packages to arrive from Walmart.com.

The other two items were supposed to be delivered on Friday 12/6. Again - have not received these items. The items are said to be in Quincy, MA and have not moved from there since Thursday. Now it just says that my packages are delayed and they are unsure of which day they will be delivered. Obviously after they lost the first package, I am extremely nervous about the other two arriving at all. On the other hand - I ordered from Amazon on the same day and everything came within 2 days! INCLUDING A GIANT BRITAX CARSEAT!!!! Don't let Walmart fool you into thinking they can ship things quickly like Amazon. This is day 9 and I have nothing. I am so sad and bummed. I feel like the worst Mom for not being able to give my kids the Christmas presents on Christmas morning that I ALREADY ORDERED. Thanks for nothing Walmart! =(

Original review: Dec. 8, 2019

Bought a tv online on Black Friday. Got an email confirmation about picking up the tv when ready. A couple hours later, received another email that the tv was out of stock, no rain check??? Cyber Monday: received an email about TVs on sale. Same identical tv on sale for $70 more. I thought they were out of stock on Friday, suddenly appeared on Monday???? Scam. False advertising. Will avoid Walmart period moving forward.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2019

Am a fairly laid back and understanding person. I had literally the WORST experience. I literally spend so much money at Walmart having a large family. I placed an online order to be delivered for Thursday night. My home store is the one in Lake Saint Louis, MO. The order was not delivered so I called customer service. They stated the order had been rescheduled for the next day at the same time. Nobody called me to notify me or ask me if this was acceptable. She instructed me to call back the next day which I did. The next day I called and asked if the delivery be moved to the following day (Saturday) morning and she called the store and confirmed an 8-9AM delivery with the manager. I waited and no delivery.

I called shortly after 9 AM and the customer service agent called the store again and spoke with Manager Dave. He promised to have my delivery to my home by 5 PM Saturday and he would call and confirm with me beforehand that I would receive the items I had already paid for. I waited around the house all day, not having an exact time. 5 PM came and was gone and no delivery. I called Customer service and explained to them that I wanted my delivery completely cancelled. Walmart will never get another dime of my money again. The customer service agents were fabulous. The store above obviously does not have things in order. This was unprofessional and inexcusable the way they treated a customer who orders frequently and spends so much money at their store. Shame on you Walmart!

Original review: Dec. 7, 2019

On December 4th at approximately 12:00 pm, I purchased a product at Wal-Mart and realized on my way home that I left it behind at the cash desk. I immediately called back at 12:57 pm on my way home and spoke with an agent who assured me that I could return to the store whenever is convenient for me to pick up the item again or receive a full refund. Keep in mind that I was ready to bus back but was reassured that I can come another day. I returned on December 7th with my receipt at approximately 12:15 pm and was told by customer service that nothing was written down and nothing can be done. I am appalled at the service I received and as a loyal customer to Wal-Mart, feel cheated and lied to.

I bought one product that day, and was assured that I could get a refund for it or pick it up whenever I was available. I was ready to return on Dec 4th to pick it up again but believed the agent and decided to return another day. I am prepared to show proof of my purchase and demand answers as to why I was treated this way, and have taken steps to contact Wal-Mart themselves. I am appalled by the service I received and my trust in Wal-Mart has been lost. This error reflects poorly on the brand and I am unsure of when or if my faith will be restored. If I could give them 0 stars I would.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2019

I don't usually leave bad reviews but this one is needed to be shared. Bought some tires for my truck at an awesome price from Walmart but because they were Not factory spec 245/65 r17. They were 245/70 r17. They would Not install them and I had to go somewhere else to have them installed. Do you think maybe the website could have Warned me first before making the choice. ** NO, they're all about making a buck and could give two ** about their customers?

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

Business clothes by George at Walmart are my favorite selection, especially if they are cuffed. I find that cuffed pants are more appropriate & appealing in appearance. They are never out of fashion, in my humble opinion.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2019

I ordered a $100 gift card off Walmart.com two weeks ago along with a few other products. Received all the products as described, but the gift card was lost at Fedex. I've called Walmart more than 5 times to be put on hold, disconnected and told I would receive a call back within a few hours as the .com gift card department were experiencing technical difficulties. Needless to say I never received the call back. I don't have a gift card and have to wait 30 days to dispute this with my bank. Their customer service is terrible at best. I now have to go out and replace this Christmas gift (who has lots of extra money around the holidays), but it won't be to Walmart. I will no longer shop or do business with Walmart!

Original review: Dec. 5, 2019

Just a warning, I did a lot of shopping during Black Friday, and Wal-Mart is trying to compete with Amazon offering 2–day shipping. It is a scam, they bait you into it, but have zero intention of shipping anything to you in two days. Not one item I ordered under this farce has arrived in two day let alone arrived at all. I don’t have a problem with an item shipping in a week if known, but they pretend they can play with the big dogs, but should stay on thief porch. Be honest so my grandkids aren’t disappointed with not getting their gifts on time. Worse Grandma ever here now. I feel like a schmuck, because Wal-Mart Lied to get my money.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2019

On Monday 11/30 I purchased a Braun Series 9 shaver on sale for Cyber Monday from Walmart over several competitors that had a similar price. My guaranteed delivery date was today, Wednesday 12/4. When the package didn't come I checked the website to find my order had been canceled. I did not receive an e-mail that they had canceled my order either.

Talking to customer service I was informed "There is nothing they can do and the item is no longer in stock. Please wait for it to be in stock and buy it for regular price." If I had been informed my item was canceled, or had the item correctly shown out of stock when I ordered it, I could have purchased from a site like Amazon which actually delivers the item you buy to you. Instead, it's Wednesday and I still don't have a razor (my other broke on Sunday) and no longer is it on sale elsewhere. They also had the nerve to tell me to wait and buy it for full price from them. I will do my best to not purchase anything from Walmart again. No customer deserves to be treated like that. What's worse? I was told "This has been a common issue today." Sorry to all the other people that went through this as well.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2019

The customer for Walmart.com Is one of the worst in the industry. It's evident that they don't care about their their customers. Even on a management level there is no concern nor will they take accountability for their mistakes. After 4 orders being cancelled all the SUPERVISOR had to say is "I dont know what to tell you mam!" This coming after seeing the wrong information being given to me by previous reps. Poor, poor, poor service from a member of the management team and they never even attempted to resolve my issue. I have 4 holds on my credit card for TV's that THEY cancelled because their stock was incorrect and the tv that was supposed to be delivered yesterday THEY changed the date of delivery.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2019

My niece placed an order with Walmart online. She order the Nest hello doorbell for $158.00. Had the item sent to my house. When the box came and I open it it was not a Nest doorbell, but a 5 pound jug of honey.. She call Walmart and they did not believe her. I think someone in shipping at Walmart did a switch and is now going to give it to someone in his/her family. They have the worst customer service I've ever dealt with. Anybody want to buy a 5 pound jug of honey for $158 let me know.. The reason why it was shipped to me is my niece lives out of state, but her mother lives near me. The doorbell was supposed to be a Christmas present for her mother. What gets me is Walmart won't even investigate what happened. I guess their policy the customer is always wrong and Walmart is always right.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2019

I ordered an iPhone for pick up today because my phone died and then got an email that they don't actuality have the phone in store! I work retail and I know that if you don't keep your systems updated and check what is actuality in store then the number shown on the website means nothing at all! As a manager we check those things daily hourly and as orders come in! So they offered to refund my card that will take several business days to get funds back. I explained that that is no help because I need to go buy a phone from someone else but can't because the funds won't be available for 5-7 business days. Ohh and they will not look at other stores for me. They can not send inventory to other stores.

I was on hold for 30 min and transferred to and agent who would not put a supervisor on the phone. The whole time on the phone they treat you like you are inconveniencing them. I'm the one who is buying an expensive item and cant get my item till December 4th!!!! Walmart treats customers like we are one of many. I also just opened a Walmart credit card and I WILL be canceling it.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2019

Today I withdrew $200 cash and paid for an Officer's items Free and Clear today at Walmart! Truth nice deed it's the Holidays No?! So we did Our Thanksgiving shopping and lo-and-behold I forgot to get change. On top of the $200 we spent another 44 dollars. Again the change I simply asked for change from A Karina. She touted that she was the only manager on staff. I believe talking some nonsense about 8 years a manager and so I explained I really need change for a $20. I only have twenties but she said "We don't give change" but I got change last week. **. And so I returned my order and that's how you get change at Walmart by returning your Thanksgiving Turkey! Andu the male associate In believe Milton was so disrespectful. THANKS FOR YOU TERRIBLE SERVICE KARINA!! Store # **.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2019

Website says you can now get free cash reloads on Wal-Mart MoneyCard using their app, however however no one at Wal-Mart stores know anything about this so after an hour and a half and showing them their own website and a sigh hanging in their store advertising free cash reloads using the app I Still had to pay the fee. Had 4 people working on this but they never heard of it.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2019

I have 3 reference numbers for my ONN 10.1" tablet, Model ONA19TB007, which I found flaws with. I was given a wrong number for ONN, told that I would be contacted for each ticket number within 3 days by ONN. Then when ONN never made an attempt, Walmart supposedly escalated my issues, for all 3 tickets. Now I am waiting from a call on 11/18/19 for a project manager to call. It currently is 4 days, when promised 3, since my call. No call from any department from ONN or WalMart. Not even to update me. WalMart advised me on 11/18/19 that if a project manager could not get a reaction from ONN, they will escalate to the associate buyer. I should not have to hold WalMart's or ONN's hand to get better communication. My $99.00 bargain, is nothing of a bargain.

The issues I am seeing with this 10.1" tablet are.... 1) Condenser Microphone will not mute. A major security flaw. 2) No image or picture edit programs. 3) No SD card storage, by itself. You cannot move app storage to the SD card. I reviewed the tablet with good reviews for passive using. But for active usage, this tablet fails. I cannot change/amend my review, nor can I write another review for this tablet and keyboard combo.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2019

I placed an order for a gazebo in a timely manner to move to the back of my house with a booked crane. Walmart delivers a broken damaged product. I actually capture the delivery man on my surveillance camera putting some of the contents of the box into the damaged box, after retrieving them from back of the delivery vehicle. I phoned Julia on the 15th of November explaining that the product was damaged and broken. I explained that I timed the delivery of the product with the crane company coming. She tells me she will expedite things and get back to me. I explained I wanted them to replace the damaged product in a timely manner so my crane company can still move my gazebo to the back of my house. I receive an email from Walmart stating they would arrange for the pick up of the product; will forward a return slip - this never came.

I then phoned Walmart again on the 20th of November explaining again the situation they have put me in. I am unable to change the crane company appointment as other things are being delivered for movement to the back of the house on the same day. Walmart essentially tell me after I spoke to Herbert and Chris that they will not charge me to pick up the damaged product and will not provide a replacement. I was told they would refund my money when the damaged product is received in their warehouse. I was told to place another order. That puts me in a position whereby I will have to make another payment to a crane company to move the gazebo to the back of my house when I finally get another gazebo. Chris, the manager relayed above to me after speaking to head office.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2019

October 31 i ordered an apple peeler from a marketplace seller who claimed to be from north america, Because it said free two day shipping, And i needed it fast. It never arrived by Nov 14th. So i went to walmart.com to find a refund button, Like i would on ebay. And there isn't one. And Walmarts only response is to tell me to contact the seller. Which there is also no button for this, Until you dig deep into your purchase history.

They take a week to respond, And tell you it's on the way by DHL in friggin china. It never arrived, Contact them again asking for a refund, And they lie to me again, And say Nov 26 is the new due date. I check DHL tracking and there is no history that anything was ever mailed. Walmart won't do a damned thing to get my money back. They dont support the buyers in any way, And make it nearly impossible to even ask for your money back. This is the first and last time i ever use Walmart Marketplace, Or any other stores marketplace for that matter. I guess they'll take it serious when i do a charge back on that credit card.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2019

I returned a fan to the Titusville, PA Walmart (Store # 5360) on 09/26/2019. I stated that there was nothing wrong with the item and that I just did not find the noise it created pleasing. Walmart approved the refund in store and refunded $16.14 to my debit card. To my distaste I saw that Walmart Store #5360 charged my card for $16.14 four days later on 09/30/2019. The store recharged my card for the item AFTER inspecting and approving the return of said item. It's not about the money, it's about the integrity of Corporate America.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2019

Falken Sincera SN250 A/S 185/55R15 82 V Tire. Fair warning, stay clear of these tires. They are sold at Walmart through a 3rd. party that sells used tires. After 2 weeks of going back and forth with Walmart about the status of the tires and when they are going to be delivered, they finally arrived at Walmart. WOW I was shocked when they finally arrived and I went to Walmart to have the tires installed (the tires were used on dirty). I wrote so many emails to Walmart to get a replacement on the tires because they were used. Walmart email responses were they were sorry for the inconvenience and they dropped the ball - yet nothing was done to replace the tires I got. Eventually all my emails fell on deaf ears. Do not buy these tires from Walmart.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2019

I had a Walmart online account (non-Credit Card type) that I wanted closed after noticing some oddities. I called first, only to get a foreign customer service agent who couldn't seem to understand the situation. So I decided to try the Walmart Online Chat. I initiated the chat and advised them of my need to close my account. They asked for my email (no password), I Obliged. They proceeded to "deactivate" my account. I advised them I didn't want it deactivated, I wanted it closed. They claimed it was the same thing.

However, Walmart online literature will tell you that a "deactivated" account can be reactivated, per request. I didn't want a chance of identity theft so I again asked to have my account closed. They passed me off multiple times. For over a hour that I stayed vigilant until I received a message stating "account closed". Along with this message I was informed there was NO chance to recover info. I ended chat. Then I attempted to log back in and it said "This account is closed". So they passed that test, but... Then I initiated another online chat (since I read about reactivation of "deactivated" accounts and had had in my possession a Account Deactivated and Account Closed statement email) and the Walmart Online Chat Representative asked for my email, I Obliged. No password was given (please note this).

I then asked could they reopen my account (which was now Closed, "with no way of reopening") and she said Yes, we can reopen your account. There was not supposed to be anyway to reopen that account. Per the email stating "Account Closed", I could only make a new account but never reopen the old account. So what happened? Be Careful folks....

Original review: Nov. 13, 2019

I bought an air mattress from the Ripley WV Walmart. I went to put it up Monday evening and the thing was so disgusting. It has mildew all over, a dirty band aid stuck to it. It's been cut with a knife. It's just awful and the sad part is I call and they tell me I have 7 days to exchange it.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2019

Went to the Walmart in Flagstaff on Huntington. Approached a service member a young guy with dirty black hair looked like he was a homeless person. Wery rude and very unhelpful. Why do I even go in there any more. The people they hire are the worst. His name tag said Chris **.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2019

I bought a laptop online in April of 2018. It has hardly been used. When I did start using it this summer it starting blue screening and shutting on and off. I purchased a two year warranty with Walmart at purchase. It has been sent back and forth three times since The end of August and is still not fixed. Now I am told they are waiting on parts. Asurion is handling the claim and says I wait until fixed. No time has been given for return. I told them would not purchase another computer from Walmart and not purchase their protection plan.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2019

Walmart is no longer a respectable place to do business as it was when Sam was alive. I am only assuming that his kids are greedy and do not give a darn about respect. That is Called "GreenBack Greed!" I hit WM on my way home, about 12 miles away from home. A few small items, I pay and grab the plastic bag. The Mrs. made dinner and she needed sauce. I arrive after a long day and the sauce is nowhere to be found. I go to the store some 4 miles past the house and the manager of another culture tells me due to their inventory ways, I have to go back to the other store. After all the time where the original store did not answer the phone (maybe no employees speak English on Sunday's Grave Yard Shift. I call the store nearby and am put on hold. After 5 approximately, I take my cell with me of course and after arrival, stand in line, wait for manager, I am still on Hold.

The manager, who surprisingly speaks somewhat understandable English. I tell him the circumstances, show him the receipt. He tells me due to separate inventory records, I must return to the original location. Lol after all of these years¿? AS OF THIS DAY, I NO LONGER BUY MOBILE 1, NO LONGER GET MY OIL CHANGED, TIRES OR WHAT HAVE YOU. I also give up my right to use Sam's, for free through my employer. """Costco""" for no cost. As of tomorrow, I will be an Executive Customer at Costco, whereas I will earn kickbacks with the volume of my purchases. Think about it, have you noticed any demeaning ways that the corporation If Only Sam Knew, he'D do somersaults in his grave!

Original review: Nov. 11, 2019

I was hesitant to order online from Walmart, but I hate going to the store and not finding what I need. I ordered two bottles of Downy, 2 large bottles of Dawn dishwashing detergent, a large bottle of Mr. Clean, and 2 large bottles of Tide. Everything but the Tide came in a couple of days after ordering. Everything was well sealed and put in baggies. I received the Tide a few days later, and the caps were not sealed with tape as the other bottles had been, and product leaked out. The bottles were in a plastic bag, so it didn't make a mess in the box, but there was a lot of wasted product. I did an online chat and let them know what happened. Within less than 2 minutes, they had ordered two replacement bottles free of charge. No hassle. I will definitely be ordering again!

Original review: Nov. 9, 2019

I have just experienced my umptheenth and most likely final Wal-Mart checkout SCREW UP! Almost every time I go to there there is some major screw up at the checkout and it takes me an extra 30 minutes to an hour to get out of there. Today I was buying six items when one of them wouldn't scan. The checkout girl came over and tried to put the information in and it wouldn't take. She then told me to go to the back and get one with a ticket. She said she would "watch" my stuff. A rather large bossy woman behind me with about 50 items started complaining loudly.

I went back to get a duplicate of the item with a sticker. There were several but only one had the sticker. I was gone all of one minute. When I came back the bossy woman was ringing up her 50 items. I asked the salesgirl what was going on and she said she "watched" my stuff. Needless to say, I was rather angry. The bossy woman told the salesgirl, "You didn't do nothing wrong." I had to wait another 15 to 20 minutes for another self-scan register to open. Then there was another screw and the useless salesgirl gingerly told me I could just "ring everything up all over again."

I insisted on seeing the manager and was told the main manager wasn't there. I was so angry I could hardly contain myself. I spoke to two supposedly lower managers and told that these screws up happen nearly every ** time I shop there and that they need to get their ** together. I have had it with Wal-Mart. I won't be going back there unless I am in dire need of something that only they carry. I also don't feel like making the billionaire Walton Family any richer!

Original review: Nov. 7, 2019

I went to Walmart on memorial in Tulsa yesterday store #576. The cashier name tag said Deanna was fantastic. She smiled at me and talked even made me laugh. I will look for her the next time I come in. Which won't be long. I have had less than fantastic cashiers before but she was great.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2019

Purchased an MLM couch and it is soooo bad, a total disaster, it hurts (the strings are killing us) we can not sit or lay down on it, your body is tortured with the strings and Walmart does not want to help us, they said they only offer 30 days guaranty and we have to deal with their cheap manufacturers who made that couch (keep in mind the string started to hurt only a couple of months after purchase)....I would not purchase anything again from Walmart, do NOT purchase couches from them, they are super bad quality and they do not refund you your money....NOT TO BE TRUSTED!!! BEWARE!!!!

Wal-Mart Company Information