2. Shopping
  3. Retail Stores

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.77/5
Based on 1,911 ratings submitted in the last year

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

Sam's Club Reviews

Original review: Nov. 3, 2018

I purchased laptop at Durham 27707 store. Tried to return well within the return policy of 90 days. But, The manager kept saying it is 14 days when the board behind (at customer service center) was showing 90 days. When I pointed her that she turned very rude and kept asking if she can be of any further help (when she was not). The sweeper at the exit door did tell me (seeing my condition)- she is a bit off beat personality. It was weird to me! I ended up returning the laptop at other Sam's location. Note this was incident on 11/2/2018 at 8.15pm - so not sure about the exact name of the supervisor/manager. Watch out for those big scary eyes during those hours. :)

Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

I ordered a spa back in August off the Sam's Club website. It was suppose to be delivered by Sept 23. Well it’s been sitting at their delivery carrier (STI) since October 9 and has been promised to be delivered three times. Here it is November 1 with another cancellation of delivery. Now it won’t be delivered until November 9. And all Sam's Club wants to do is provide a $100 refund for the trouble. This is ridiculous they cashed my check for $7000 so they got their money so who cares about the customer. I should of ordered from Costco.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

I called store to make a complaint about a product. It has been an ongoing problem with this store. Yet they are doing nothing about it. I own a small business and I am faced with bad products everyday and losses of money due to BAD PRODUCTS from the Sam's Club store in Cocoa Florida. When I called today I was talked to in a rude manner and I could not speak about the problem product without being told to basically shut up and go somewhere else to buy what I need.

This store's management team is the WORST!! When I asked for Store Manager I was transferred to another Assist. Manager and NO ONE would give me a phone number to Sam's Corp office or to the Area Market Manager which I asked over and over for. I was told they had to get permission to give me the phone numbers and could not do it today. REALLY what does this store's management team have to hide. Sam's needs to replace the staff and maybe even clean the store. The worst Sam's Club Store I have ever shopped in. Replace the store's managers with people that understand we are the customers. I will tell everyone I know to stop shopping at Sam's if this is an accepted policy that must start at the top and is how their managers are trained!!!

Original review: Oct. 30, 2018

Beware when ordering e-gift cards from Sams. I ordered two Disney $500 e-gift cards for the discounted price on a Wednesday. I read the fine print that says could take up to 48 hrs. It is now Tuesday and I still have not received the gift cards. No fraud verification emails/calls were received so I’m not sure what the problem is. I have placed at least 5 phone calls to check the status. Each rep stating to be patient and try calling back on the next day if I haven’t received. One rep says he escalated my issue and someone will call me for a resolution. I never got that phone call. I’m in the process of just canceling the order. I should have just walked into the store to pick up gift cards. Lesson learned. Also, I tried posting a review to warn others on their website and their “moderators” have emailed me stating they cannot post. Very convenient in my opinion since almost all the reviews give 5 stars.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

The gas oven was delivered with small dent 5/15/2018. LG uses RTA services to do repairs in my area. If you look online, you will see that this company does not have a good reputation. This company showed up to my house 3 times with a damaged replacement part. The next 2 times they didn’t bother showing up to the appointment. No phone call, no apology. Two 30 minute phone calls with LG to get a new services company to do repairs. Still waiting 10/16/2018. Delivery was slow too. We live in the age of Amazon. Nobody takes a month to deliver anything anymore. I could have got it delivered the next day at 3 different stores. All microwaves and ovens basically do the same thing. So it comes down to appearance, features, and customer service. LG fell short in the customer service department and that is reason for the one star. Sam's also blocked my review on their site.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sam's Club?

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

I bought some pound cake for me and my family. My two-year-old had a piece of blue plastic in her piece. Could have been a Band-Aid part of a glove. Who knows. They won't do anything. No compensation. It's ridiculous. They just put me in circles and passed me around.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

I used Samsclub.com to purchase 2 gift cards as a thank you for one of my customers. Sam's Club sent the cards which I forwarded to my customer. The experience my customer had was horrible. The cards were never downloaded with any money. My customer went to Sam's Cub store in Maryland with the receipt I sent her and they told her there was nothing they could do. She returned the cards to me, which I then called Sam's Club and after a few calls they told me to return the cards and they would issue me credit. They issued me credit for one card and I just got an email saying they are sending me another card instead of the credit.

Between emails and phone calls I have spent approximately 2 to 3 hours trying to fix this and it is still not fixed! It is impossible to get any satisfaction from Sam's Club. I just can't believe this is happening. They are the idiots that sent the cards without downloading the money on them and they are putting me through hell to get my money back, and this is only for $110.00 I can't image what it would be like if it was a lot of money. This was my first time dealing with Sam's Club and you can be guaranteed it will be my last. Maybe after another couple of hours dealing with this I will finally get my money back! However I don't hold out a lot of hope.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

Evidently you don't care about your customers and nothing was resolved. Here's my problem. On Sunday 9/23/18 I went to Sam's looking for a 65" tv. I bought a Samsung. Nobody would help me get it in my car. I'm 66 by the way and just had a heart attack 2 months ago. I got it in my trunk. Went back inside for some string. Nothing to cut it with. Ask the manager. She sent me to the service desk. Kid at the service it with desk says, "We have nothing to cut." I walk to Walmart and bought string and a razor knife. Checking out at Walmart I had a security check walk around till I found someone to help me back to my car. Tied it up, headed home, put the tv on the wall. It works 15 minuets. Shuts off about 5 times.

I called Samsung. They said it's defective. I bring it back. Forgot the cord. This is about 5;30 pm. My I ask the punk, "Can I bring the cord tomorrow?" He said I had to take the tv with me. My wife said go get the cord. She will wait then said if I was not back by 6:00 they would throw out or call the police. I just made it back in time then the manager from had to check it out. It been sitting there for a half hour. Now he has the nerve to he needs the box. I brought the box back 7:30 am Monday. We were treated like crap for no reason. The employees treated us like ** too. When I was checking out I'm trying to push the cart to the register. This lady yelling at me about some stupid yellow line. Goodbye Sam's. Hello Costco. Richard **.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2018

I submitted photos online and they were scheduled to be done the next day (much more than an hour processing time like they promise). When I arrived at Sam's Club the next day, an hour and a half after they were to be completed, no one was in the photo department and I was told no work was done and would not be completed that day and could be several days because they didn't have anyone that could process them. This isn't the first time that it has happened. Their solution - "We'll refund what you spent" - Big deal - it didn't help with my presentation where I needed them, and I didn't have time to get them printed elsewhere. They could have / should have emailed everyone and let them know that photos were not going to be developed. They lack so much!

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

I would give zero stars if I could. We will not be renewing our membership with Sam's, definitely going to Costco!! This particular location use to be really nice, but has gone completely downhill. The store is unkept and unclean. The store employees are vastly lacking in customer service skills to the point where they are unhelpful and rude.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

I ordered a HP laptop. I had to send it back due to it not working correctly. I sent it back, talked to about 20 different people who had done nothing but told lie after lie about me receiving my refund. I get constant runarounds, they always have to check with some department or somebody else. They told me I should received my refund on this day or that day - it never happened. Talk to Melody and Jennifer who suppose to be sup. or manager - they lied about getting something accomplished because it's going on another month and all I want is my $513.67 back from this laptop.

I had to get remote assistant from HP who gave me FAIL ID CODE & I gave all this info to them on several basis. They got all info tracking numbers from me sending, failure. I'd code, the date, time and person who signed for it in receiving and they are still trying to SCAM ME OUT OF MF MONEY. I am working to get checked into from someone outside of their customer service help. Have anyone NOTICED they don't have anybody else you get in contact with. No other phone number but the one used 1-888-746-7726. SCAM SCAM SCAM FRAUD FRAUD FRAUD is most definitely all I can say for SAM'S CLUB. NEVER AGAIN!!! 1 Star is way too many.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

If I could rate a negative star I would. Not only is there limited options to resolve an issue, I am now forced to write a letter to the executive team to have my issue resolved. Sam's Club has failed to honor an online promotion for iPhone 8 purchase (150 gift card). I have wasted 2 months of my time attempting to resolve this matter with the only option of an 800# which only provides different answers each call, promises not kept and continued frustrations. I am no closer to having this resolved. Shame on you Sam's Club - you cannot advertise a promotion and not follow through. I will no longer do business with such a company and will make it my mission to have them honor their promotion.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

Do not order anything from Sam's Club online because they will steal from you. I ordered a bed frame and it was damaged upon delivery so we refused the shipment. That was on September 1st. The shipping company shipped it back to their warehouse on the 6th with a tracking number. Sam's Club claims they don't have the bed frame. Today is the 21st and they still claim it's not in their warehouse. Basically we are out almost $600 because they haven't refunded our money and "say" they don't have the product in their warehouse when they do have it. I've talked with 4 different people and they all say the same thing. We will look into it. That's all they say.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

This card is operated by Synchrony Bank. I have other business cards that were taken over by Synchrony Bank. When you call they access your card by your phone number so if you have more than one card, the computer only recognize one card. Making payments is confusing. They get misposted. Trying to pay online is impossible because the system does not recognize the information from SAM’s card. Every month for the last many months I have been told that my computer access would be corrected. I am trying to make a payment again tonight and I cannot access the account.

I call and the computer indicates that it does not recognize my input. SO I tried the online chat that the phone refers a person to... and received no assistance because they cannot help with credit cards online. I asked for Corporate number and was told they only give out the 886 number, which does not recognize my impute. Two weeks ago I emailed corporate office of Synchrony Bank and have not received a response... At one time I loved this card, but since Synchrony took over the card, I have closed it out with plans of paying off the balance and it is not easy.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2018

I have often said I don't care how "GOOD" a store is... I REFUSE to pay a membership fee and/or annual fee to shop or use a credit card. Why do I need to pay exorbitant prices for the privilege of shopping in said stores like Sam's Club and Costco, when the bad far outweighs the good... I would have to travel almost an hour, one way, to get to either store... and credit card companies, heck no, I am NOT going to pay YOU to use your card, just because... you should be paying me every time I use it, since it is promoting your business... not to, even, mention the interest rates you charge for using it, that should be more than enough to cover ANY annual fee you charge.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

Late in August, 2018, I foolishly purchased a set of Pirelli tires for my Toyota FJ Cruiser. When I was called to the tire department for the completed installation the 'mechanic' presented me with one of the lug studs off the driver's side front wheel. They had broken it during the installation. Things proceeded from there. To make this a bit shorter: It's obvious that the tire installers used an impact wrench to set the lug nuts on without regard to proper torquing of the nuts. It required two subsequent trips to a nearby Big O tire shop to have all 12 lug studs replaced on the two front wheels. All had been stretched by over-torquing. The shop told me that they observed that the front wheels were torqued to 120 ft-lbs. Recommended for the FJ is 80-90.

Two trips to Big O, a local alignment shop and another tire/maintenance shop in my town of Pueblo CO determined that not only had Sam's Club destroyed my car's lug studs, the tires were grossly under-inflated. Top inflation for the tires is 80 lbs; recommended for my use is 50 lbs. The tires were at about 32 lbs. All four tires were also improperly balanced. In total, I have spent $246.00 and about 12 hours personal time correcting the damage and incompetence of the Sam's Club tire dept. The only upside to the story is that the local Sam's Club did not question my request for recompensation for the $204 for the lug stud repair. I'm still out $42.00 for the balancing. Moral: DON'T LET SAM'S CLUB TOUCH YOUR CAR!

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

I went into the Sam's Club in San Bernardino California every other day looking for an item that was offered for in store pick up for 4 weeks. Got lied to and told that they were not going to carry the item and it was a mistake. Then the Bakery Manager Micheal told me it was a Labor Day Item Only and would be there only on September 3, 2018. I went down there and still nothing. I spoke to the Store Manager and he said he was going to email the Corporate Office and in a few days it would be removed. It has been a week now and it is still on there. If you check you can see it as of today. The Member Mark Colossal Cinnamon Roll (44 oz) Cinnamon Roll. Item #98065079|Model # PLU 29186. If they are not going to carry the item just take it off the site instead of lying to its members. Also the bakers' staff is so rude making comments about people being fat enough and shouldn't be eating stuff like that.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

Such a horrible experience from initially placing the order, to receiving the order and just a NIGHTMARE trying to return!!! Before you order know that it is a process to return and you CANNOT return the item to the store. I’ve never received such horrible customer service before and never had an issue ordering anything online with Sam's Club; until this chair became the order NIGHTMARE! Chair is very uncomfortable and very narrow! Go buy a gaming chair elsewhere - maybe in person! So you can sit in it try it and such!!!

Original review: Sept. 8, 2018

I received Sam's Club Home Collection advertising booklet/magazine today, went to the local store to look for 2 items that were advertised but they didn't have them, went home and searched for those 2 items on their online site (SamsClub.com) only to find out that they didn't have those 2 items at all. So deceiving, their advertising brochures are out of date, they should be taken to court for straight lying to their customers.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2018

I was a Sam's member for 20 years and finally pulled the plug and joined Costco. Sam's gasoline price is very high compared to Costco, Sam's got unhealthy dog/cat food, with similar price Kirkland products are more healthy. Missing receipt is a nightmare in Sam's, Costco pulls up receipt from member's ID#. You can find more organic/natural products with similar or little bit more price in Costco but in Sam's zero and nada. Electronic products are cheaper in Costco than Sam's. I bought one laptop, the savings paid off Costco membership fee. Costco membership fee is $15 more than Sam's but service is 1000 times better than Sam's. In a word sadly Sam's Club is more profit oriented and not geared towards the consumers.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2018

I am a avid shopper at Sam’s Club and I spend more money than what we every single time. I went today Sunday labor weekend to pick up my children’s favorite snacks. As I walking out the lady that takes receipts doesn’t take the 3 people in front and lets them walk out and then goes and stops me and asks for ours. She counts out items over 3 times then grabs my cart and tells me I cannot go anywhere and stands in front of me. I ask for my receipt and she said “NO” you cannot leave. She then continues to call for the manager. Mind you, I have NEVER stolen in my life. My husband and I work our butts off for our money. I ask for her to move and she continues to pull my cart from me. I am horrified about how I was treated and my husband recorded the entire thing and I am sending it to corporate.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

2 guys wandering around in bay/auto service. Entrance locked for customers, inside store stood twenty minutes along with a lady in front of me, who said she’d been waiting 30 minutes for someone to wait on her so she could purchase tires. I finally walked outside and around store by garage doors which were open. One guy started yelling at me that customers could not enter. I said, "Is anyone going to wait on customers," he ignored me and walked away. I reminded him that I was a customer and should be waited on, he said something under his breath and walked away. I walked around the outside of building and went to tire/auto desk, lady still waiting, finally leaving. I asked lady sitting by entrance to contact a manager and she said she couldn’t leave her post. Ridiculous. I left and plan on cancelling my Sam’s Card. Costco has never treated me like this. Totally unacceptable!!

Original review: Aug. 23, 2018

Sam's Club in Easley SC ruined the 4 rims on my Cadillac installing new tires - dents, scratches, scrapes. The store manager took pictures of the damage, agreed with the issue and sent pictures off. 2 weeks later I got a call from someone saying Sam's would not help compensate me for the damage. I called the number on the back of my Sam's preferred card asking for a manager to discuss. No manager available they would call me back. No call as of today. Sam's cannot ruin my rims and not pay for the damage!

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

I have RECORDED ALL CALLS FOR ANYONE INTERESTED IN HEARING HOW INEPT SAM’S CUSTOMER SERVICE DEPT IS. I’m a on my 10th call to Sam’s Club customer service re: this order. I have been disconnected twice, once by Alexis, and once by Sherry. I have been given MISINFORMATION SEVERAL TIMES and I have the recordings to prove everything I’m saying. It was our first order with Sam’s, we signed up online for a membership and paid. Then we placed an online order for a trampoline and the system took the Billing address as the Ship To address (even though I put the default address as the correct shipping address). I placed The ORIGINAL call to change the address 12 mins after the order was placed, the website clearly says “You have 1 hour to call and change the order before it’s too late.”

But according to the 1st rep (Eddy) and a Supervisor (Kendrick), since we paid $55 more and upgraded to the “better” Plus membership (like the computer said to do so we didn’t have to pay $35 shipping fees), “the system” automatically put the order into “order pending” and NO-ONE could change the order (including the shipping address) until it comes out of that status, so it was on me to call back AGAIN and get it changed before it was shipped to the wrong address. Of course at this point the funds are already on hold and that would take a few days to drop off if we cancelled and reordered. So I am now on my 10th call having to explain this over and over, one rep (Jeannie) not sure of the name b/c she was hard to understand, said, “Don’t worry it will probably ship to the right address since it’s the default address,” even though the system CLEARLY SHOWS THE SHIPPING ADDRESS IS INCORRECT.

Rep #7 Sherry at least gave me a REFERENCE number to use and said to call back after FedEx gets the package “IN THE HANDS” give that # and whoever I get on the phone will call FedEx and get it changed. NOT... I called back and got Jeannie or Jeanine who said she couldn’t do it tonight b/c FEDEX is closed (at 8pm), only after I told her I just got off the phone with them. She said she’d call and put me on hold for 14 mins, meanwhile I called FedEx and had them on the other line, and she never came back.

I finally hung up called Sam’s back and got Sierra who spoke with the FEDEX rep that I had gotten on the line, but said she had to call them directly with their acct number to change the address, it took her 4 Times to get the address correct then she Put me back on hold to CALL, so I get off with the FedEx rep and SIERRA comes back to say they wouldn’t do it. FEDEX WOULDN’T TAKE HER ACCOUNT NUMBER AND THE ADDRESS??? So I ask for another Supervisor and guess what? After being talked to in a completely condescending manner Andresia the supervisor tells me she can’t do it because she doesn’t even have the account number that Sierra just said they had. In all the calls NO OTHER REP EVER MENTIONED HAVING TO DO THIS.

I asked for Corporate and ANDRESIA the supervisor said “this is corporate...” Thank God I have nothing better to do after just moving in a new house, 6 states away than talk to unprofessional, ill trained people that have no interest in doing their jobs! Again I have recorded all calls for anyone interested in hearing what Horrible Customer Service Sounds Like.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

I have contacted my local Sam's Club to ask why they quit stocking Nonni's Biscottis. I have been told that Corporate make these decisions. They also told me to contact Corporate direct. I contacted Corporate and was told by them that the local Sam's Club takes care of these matters. This has to be the worse company that I have ever seen for customer service. I need to consider joining Costco in the future.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

I placed a order for several products on July 31. After a week when nothing had arrived, I called customer service. The representative told me that the products had been damaged in shipping and were on their way back to Sam's Club. After almost an hour she successfully processed a replacement order which she said would be delivered on Friday 10th or Saturday August 11th. Finally on Monday 13th, 5 of the 6 products arrived. I logged onto Samsclub.com and discovered that the 6th product had had a label created but had never been handed over to FedEx. I called Sam's Club straight away and after a lengthy period of deteriorating conversation, the representative said that she would escalate the issue to a back office team.

I have just spent over an hour on the phone only to be told that I have to wait for the back office team to get around to working out why the product hasn't shipped and then rectify the issue. It is amazing how Samsclub.com didn't have to wait or lose any time in getting payment which they have had for over a week. It is also amazing how quickly they coax you into upgrading your membership to Premium. With Sam's Club, life is a one-way street, their way. Whatever you do, DO NOT do business with this incompetent and mismanaged organization. At this stage, I would have to rate their activities as FRAUD.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

I ordered a TV from Sam's online and it was to be delivered today. The truck had the wrong TV so I called customer service and they told me that they had knowingly sent a different TV because the one I ordered was out of stock (listed for $300 less than the item I ordered). I received no calls prior to the delivery. They just sent me the wrong item and I guess hoped because it was a bigger brand name that I would be pleased with it, despite it being a much inferior product. I have never had any experience this poor ordering items online. They offered a refund and nothing else at the end of all of this. This could have been handled the day after the order had they just called me.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

I hope this message finds you and your family well. I am reaching out to you because I am in a state of confusion after working with Sam's Club Credit Card division. I have heard great things about you and I have been a member of your company for the past 4 years and have recommended your services to countless small businesses. I am requesting your assistance as this event is not what I have come to expect in terms of quality and outcome from your company's products. I'm hoping we can work together to resolve this as amicable as possible.

Here is the data: I most recently paid 90% of my balance. In response, Sam's Club credit reduced my available credit by 75% negatively impacting my credit score. I understand that there are automated processes in place that can cause these things, I thought that surely this is a mistake, In response, I called and eventually spoke with a Supervisor, all standard procedure. The final response was "I'm sorry and there is nothing I can do."

As a businessman who sits on the boards of various non-profits / for-profits of which include a chamber of commerce and other small business focused organizations, I am concerned. I am concerned that the companies that I have recommended a bad product to my colleagues, friends, and family. My life's work is to put communities and small businesses in the best possible position to succeed based on my past experience and expertise. I am no longer I can champion Sam's Club as a quality product. From your reputation with support of Small businesses, I have great hope that this situation is not standard procedure and that we can work together to resolve this issues.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

On 10/7/2017, I purchased 4 new tires at club 18-8160. Now, about 10 months later, I went to a different Sam's club near my home (club 06651), and they said that my vehicle is too rusty to safely lift the vehicle to rotate the tires. Sam's club won't to stand behind their poor decision to install 90,000 mile warranty tires on a car that won't be able to get one tenth of the mileage warranty. If they would have told me that my vehicle was too rusty, I wouldn't have purchased new tires. Sam's won't reimburse me for any of my out-of-pocket expenses. It looks like Sam's just wants to make the sale, and forget about the customer.

Original review: July 30, 2018

Bought a Diamond ring for my wife with a 7 year warranty in 2013. Now in 2018, it needs a repair, but since I don't have my transaction number (I have everything else though) I'm being told that there's nothing that can be done. Feeling ripped off.

Sam's Club Company Information