R L Carriers

R L Carriers

2.3/5 (356 ratings)

About R L Carriers

R L Carriers Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about R L Carriers?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about R+L Carriers?

Original review: Feb. 4, 2022

Very unethical company. Never received the massage chair they supposed to deliver. They said someone at the address signed it but no one in my family did. I asked them to provide the signature, but they couldn't. After a few rounds of calling they told me nothing they could do and suggested me to contact the seller. Seller wanted me to file a police report, and notarized loss claim forms, and I did. R&L Carriers received the claims and said they were going to investigate but NEVER got back or responded to my emails, phone calls. I disputed this with my CC company and got all money back. Big lesson learned. Avoid this company.

R L Carriers response

Thomas we would like to understand more about this situation; however, we will need additional information such as a pro(tracking) number and contact information for the shipper so we can investigate. If you submit that to our R+L Cares form it will be reviewed directly by leadership: https://www.rlcarriers.com/contact/rl-cares. You can also respond to this comment here privately with those details. Thank you.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2021

I spoke with R&L and they advised the package (170 pounds total) would be delivered Monday afternoon 12.20.21 between 1-4; I booked a flight from Florida to Massachusetts to be there to sign for the delivery for my 90-year old mother. Monday 12.20.21 I am really excited that the product will be delivered. Phone call at 2:37 and I am all ready to say, "Yes, I'm here. Come on over!" and the customer service rep says, "I'm calling to advise you that your package will be delivered Wednesday 12.22.21 between 1 and 4" to which I ...politely lost it. No phone call prior to advise of the delay. And no one seemed to care that I had booked a flight to do this, and was returning to Florida on Tuesday 12.21.21.

I was fortunate enough to speak with Mackenzie at the corporate office who was wonderful. She located my package; called the dispatcher; was able to expedite delivery to Tuesday and monitored the whole process. If I could rate her alone she gets a 5 - if I could rate customer service and POOR communication, it is a 1--so I split it and give it a 3.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2021

The office is not truthful about contacting customer to schedule a delivery. I was told they had texted my several times. That simply did not happen. I receive one text and called them a few hours later to schedule delivery. I was out of town and R+L would not hold the freight for even a day or two. I was notified by the shipper that my freight was shipped from origin 2 days before R+L texted me. As such, they could not have held the freight for any amount of time at all. Being lied to is a poor customer experience and insisting that every part of the delivery is on their terms is as well. R+L doesn't seem to care about their customers or the service they provide to customers.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2021

RL Carriers is one of the worse transport companies have used over the years. RLC Management must give out "excuse books" to their employees as standard reading material. For a single shipment, I have received excuses ranging from: "the shipper did not put the correct shipping address on waybill", to "Missing company name", to "Destination address requires liftgate" to "Destination address is closed" to "Truck broke down" to "we are no 1 on the delivery route" to "We will delivery tomorrow" to "I will have to check to the supervisor" to "we can't get in touch with the driver" to "the truck broke down again".... You get the picture...

Note: Our receiving (destination) address is a large company with loading docks, several employees that have forklifts and all the necessary tools to unload shipments. RL Carriers claims are basically fiction, their tracking information is always wrong, and these guys should be put out of business. Good luck if you try and use them.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2021

They contracted to deliver a product to our home. Called us and said they couldn't get in the neighborhood. The solution was to meet us somewhere and have us haul and unload the product - with no cost reduction. If we had the capability to do that, we probably would have gone that way in the first place. After that interaction, we heard nothing back. A week went by and we called - apparently their plan was to just keep our shipment forever and never reach out again? They once again claimed they couldn't make the delivery and then sent the product back. Customer service experience was awful - had to explain the situation over and over. Was given no reasonable options to make it better. Snotty attitude from everyone we talked to. If you are a delivery company - you figure out how to make deliveries. Don't offload logistics and transport on to the customer. Ridiculous, unintelligent, unfriendly, unprofessional service.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2021

R+L Carriers delivered a package to our home. We live in the country on a one lane road. The driver dropped the 600 lb package on the side of the road with approximately 6-8 inches of the very large box in the actual road. When calling customer service, they had their own picture of the drop off that did not show how bad the drop off was. The customer service reps argued with me that the box was not in the road, when I can see with my own eyes that it was. They had about 50 ft of open area they could have placed this package away from the road. Terrible delivery service, terrible customer service.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2021

I purchased 4 LG appliances from Build.com, the online store for Ferguson Inc. specializing in kitchen and bath fixtures. R & L shippers were responsible for all 4 deliveries. They say to call if you want to make an appointment. I called each time I received an email from build.com; however, not once did they call. They left appliances in the middle of the driveway of a vacant home, under remodel even though they guarantee they will leave the item in a safe & secure location. Apparently, they only offer "curbside" service. When I told the dispatcher, Scott, that I am a 65 year old female who can't move a 400 lb. refrigerator on a pallet, and I'm caring for my husband who just underwent chemotherapy, he told me that it "sounds like your problem". Really? When I called build.com to complain, my salesperson and my business account manager were not available. The person who took the call told me 2 of the appliances were delivered today.

Well, apparently one is missing now. I prepaid for all 4 of these appliances. (I purchased another 12 items, including a dishwasher, microwave, and Jacuzzi spa from build.com. All were pre-paid. I can't stop the order, and they won't stop using this shipping company.) Some of the items have arrived from Estes Trucking. They are the exact opposite. They call to double-check I received their emails and that the delivery window still works for me. DO NOT USE R&L unless you are a contractor with equipment and people to move the deliveries since they only drop their deliveries "curbside".

R L Carriers response

Deb, we would like to investigate this shipment and the services that were ordered for you. If you can, please provide those details on our R+L Cares form, where comments go directly to leadership for review. Visit us there at https://www.rlcarriers.com/contact/rl-cares

Original review: Oct. 8, 2021

Looks like they did their job. They're a curbside delivery company. My 500lb package was left 5 feet off the road in my driveway. Great company. The driver did his job getting to my curbside. And I’ll take it from there being a grown adult who ordered it.

R L Carriers response

David thank you for your comments here and for using R+L Carriers.

Resolution response: Sept. 10, 2021

Product received. Thank you.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2021

Updated on 09/08/2021: When people read all the negative reviews believe me I'm a witness it is all true. Had appointment date for 9/8/2021. Well the date vanished. I called to find out why. The answer I got is they have no idea where my crate is at. It left LA headed towards PA 8 days ago and still no one knows where it's at. My theory is get a clue, it's stolen of course from your help. I doubt I'll ever get it so I started 2 disputes to get my money back. It's true, the company can care absolutely 0% if you get your delivery or not. I even heard if you keep calling them they will actually stall your delivery on purpose. Now what legitimate company does that really?

People, check Shipping company's feedback before you purchase. I'm 51 years old and had never witness anything like this my entire life. When I get my money back I really wanna forget I even heard of this company. Please everyone check all feedback, I don't want nobody to go through what I'm going through. Basically you will be on your own to try to get your delivery. The company I order from must be partners with them because they can care less also rather I get my delivery or not.

Original Review: Delivery was scheduled for 9/8/2021. Well that's off the map. It's been in transit now for 7 days with no update tracking information. I called to have the payments paused because of no delivery. Every negative review is correct. I'm just glad I don't have to pay for something that I never received. This company is definitely no UPS OR FEDEX. I always receive my deliveries with FedEx or ups.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2021

They delay and moved my delivery many times, and lost track of my shipment today after they finally called me yesterday and set up my delivery between 10:30 - 4:00 (which is a week after the package supposed to arrive and needed by tonight). Didn't get any notice regarding the delivery (was told that the driver will call me 30min before delivery) until I called around 3:00 and told that they won't have any update till tomorrow. Don't use them!

Resolution response: July 31, 2021

Problem solved! The driver showed up. Very apologetic and explained the situation to me. Professional and very courteous. Helped get the package safely in the garage for later transport. A much better outcome than even R L Stine could have written!

Original review: July 30, 2021

While I was waiting for my R L Carriers delivery today from 11:00-3:00, I took it upon myself at 2:47 to check on reviews for this company. Wow! These 1 Star reviews for R L Carriers read more like horror stories from R L Stine. At 3:05, I contacted the local office. After the receptionist transferred my call, I was told that the delivery truck broke down and was just leaving the shop. At 3:05. According to their tracking instrument, I was number 8 on the list of deliveries. I asked if they would actually be able to get here today. "Maybe. I don't know. We'll get it to you eventually". That ended with a laugh from the voice over the phone. We'll see what happens next! I'll keep this thread alive for posterity - and entertainment. Would they actually drop off the package without my signature?

R L Carriers response

J, thank you for your update here and for using R+L Carriers! We are glad the story had a happy ending.

Original review: July 28, 2021

Driver was an hour behind so he pushed a box with a bathtub on a wooden pallet up my driveway and told me that is a soft delivery. Got in the truck and drove off. I just had the driveway power washed in the morning (white, no spots and looking like a new). Now it is scratched and I have a pallet with a tub sitting in the driveway (not asked where to put it). Would never use this company after someone asked me what they wanted them to do! Will never sign for anything from this company. I did not hire them. I ordered at Ferguson's in Ocala. Thank you Ferguson's!

Original review: July 8, 2021

I have nothing nice to say about the company. First thing they moved my delivery date out twice. The day it was coming I got a call the day before and was told the delivery would be between 11 and 3 . So I changed my schedule around again to meet this time window. It arrived at 6 pm. I talked to the truck driver about my complaint and he says it happens all the time and he won't even bring it up to management since they wouldn't listen. Bad business!!!

Original review: June 19, 2021

I ordered hardwood floors from Floors and Decor and they use RL carriers as their delivery service. As I take off work to go meet the driver, he informs me that my 25 cases of real hardwood flooring is damaged and I’m prolly not going to want to accept it, and he was right. One of the boxes was completely destroyed and flattened out with nothing in it and thrown on top of the rest. 5 boards were thrown on top of the shipment like they had been picked up from the ground and just tossed on top with no attempt to put the box back together to protect the loose boards.

I asked the driver where the other 90% of the boards went that were in the box and he said he didn’t know. He blamed floors and decor and said they loaded it like that. There were 5 other boxes torn open and when I looked into them, all visible boards were dented and scratched. It looked like the pallet of cases had fallen over and were restacked. I had to reject this order. My next one star review is with floors and decor. The location that shipped the hardwoods were located in Louisiana at their 4 west location

Original review: June 18, 2021

If you order anything that requires a large carrier, avoid R L Carriers like the plague. I ordered an item with a delivery date of June 11th. The tracking info showed all updates until it got into R&L in Fontana. On the 12th after not getting package and not seeing a change in the tracking info I called them, they told me package would arrive on the 13th. Late afternoon on the 13th, no package, so I called and spoke with their dispatch supervisor, Oscar. He said my Location only delivers on Fridays and promised it would be here on the 18th.

Long story short, it is the 18th and no package and no updates on tracking. I called and left a message with Oscar 5 times, he does not return calls. I asked for their Manager, Pat left messages, he does not return calls. The lady I spoke with says "Oh, I see it scheduled sometime next week." WTH.. I called the vendor ordered from and canceled the order. It's not worth dealing with the headaches with these bad jerks. Trust me, avoid this shipper every possible way.. Take faith in these reviews, because every one of these are true.. Good Luck.

Original review: June 18, 2021

Long story made a little shorter. Story told a thousand times. Time off work (x2), promised delivery time, no show! I didn't choose R L Carriers, the shipper did. They set a date and time. Tracking on their website said this number didn't exist (weird since I copy and pasted it). Due on Friday so I called on Thursday and they said should be on time. Friday morning on my way to my brother who lives 3hrs away to receive and install my new engine. 20 minutes down the the road I get a call from RL asking to reschedule my delivery. Dead silence. I couldn't speak a word. I pulled off the freeway so I wouldn't crash. She said it was in Salt Lake. I will be honest, I wasn't nice.

RL ask me when I would like to reschedule so I asked for Saturday the next week. "No. We don't deliver on weekends." How about next Friday. "We will have to charge you storage." What are my options? She said Monday. "Then why are you asking me." She then ask me if I want it between 11:00 & 14:00 or 12:00 & 16:00. My response was, "Does it matter? You failed your own delivery time set by you and I'm sure you'll fail again. I expect to wait on orders. Don't lie and make false promises."

Original review: June 18, 2021

Company does not own mistakes. I was promised a residential delivery on Monday. Didn't come so I called company. I was then promised delivery on Thursday. I again called the company and they said there was a mistake and it is in Ohio, so it should be at my house on Friday. Called the company who now says it will arrive in Atlanta at noonish but will not be delivered till Monday because they won't open that trailer to remove its contents till then. I have taken each day off to be here.

My merchandise requires 3 people to be here for assembly. I text them each time I get a reply from this company which turns out to be false and I end up looking like a fool. Each time R+L blamed the company I bought the merchandise from. They blamed R+L. Each person blamed another person. No one at any time said that they would take responsibility and ask how they could help me. As a nurse I can not and would not make an excuse for something the family said I did wrong. Whether or not I did make a mistake I would own the mishap and fix it. It's what people should do. Is nobody responsible for anything any more? Needless to say I am not only frustrated but hurt that I haven't been treated respectfully.

Original review: May 26, 2021

I placed an order 5-14-21. Order shipped 5-17-21. Tracking info wasn't given to company shipping it out at pick-up time. The company I purchased from requested R&L to do a dock check because my shipment wasn't being tracked. I called R&L 5-24-21 to have the shipment delivered to the back door because if everything was still moving and just not being tracked, delivery should arrive 5-25. I didn't have any tracking info, but the person I talked to verified my delivery was in their system by using my name and shipment location. She also said a dock check was still in process. Nothing came on 5-25 and no one called to say a delivery was being attempted.

I called R&L towards end of the day on 5-25 to see if there's any update on the dock check. They say they have no record of me in their system. I was instructed to get whatever tracking info the company I purchased from had and call back. I got the BOL # and they don't even have a record of my BOL initiating the pick-up from the company sending my purchase. If it was an error on the end of the company I purchased from, why did all my information disappear in R&L's system when I know I was in there because I talked to someone the day before? When I called R&L on 5-25-21 and the second person couldn't find any record of my shipment, I got disconnected. It seemed more like hung up on because there was a sigh before the call abruptly ended as I was going to tell them the address of the company shipping out to me. To say I'm extremely unsatisfied is an understatement.

Original review: May 13, 2021

This is definitely a zero start company but Google doesn't go that low. The people who answer the phones are very polite and apologetic. The complaints they must receive a daily basis and they know to start off by apologies. They have had my delivery for 15 days now and I'm told it's being delivered tomorrow. I took the day off for it. (It's a big pallet) No one ever showed. I called the next day and was told it was refused. I asked how is that possible no one ever showed up. I was here all day. Then told they will send it out next load in 2days. Took the day off. Still nothing. Called again was told not sure why it wasn't delivered but assured me it would be there tomorrow between 1 and 3.

Surprise NOTHING, called that day. Was told the driver is still out (8pm now) and he is delivering it. Still NOTHING. Now this morning I called to talk to a supervisor, told everything I have been through and was told it will be delivered in 2 days (meaning 17 days they have had my items). I told them that is unacceptable. It has to be today. The supervisor said, "No. Can't be done. The earliest will be Friday." (Place your odds on it showing up the day before the weekend....0) This is a company that should be fined and then put out of business. They lie to customers, can't deliver anything, and what do you expect when even supervisors can't help you.

Original review: May 10, 2021

I had a scheduled delivery for a product, waited a full day, no delivery. Delivery came next day with damaged box. Scheduled return, took 3 different days of waiting for a pickup! Do not buy from any company that uses this shipper!

Original review: May 8, 2021

I ordered an expensive electric bicycle in September 2020. Due to the Pandemic, bicycles are in great demand with long wait times. The e-bike company finally emailed me that my e-bike has been shipped and I was very excited. Within a day I received a phone text instructing me to call R+L Carriers. I called the phone number and spoke to a very nice woman named Barbara who informed me that my item was still in Fresno, CA (I live in Phoenix, AZ). She asked me for my home address and I gave her my address and she noticed my home address was incorrect so she corrected my mailing address. If she had not asked me this the package would have been shipped to the wrong address. Barbara told me my package would be delivered in two days and the delivery driver will call me just prior to delivery.

I was curious about RL Carriers as I was expecting USPS or UPS or FedEx. Imagine my horror when I read all the negative reviews about RL Carriers. I automatically assumed that I had either a 50% chance of the package being delayed or the package being damaged on arrival. On the morning of delivery, Anthony left a message stating he was on his way. Within 15 minutes a large truck pulled up and Anthony used a dolly to bring my e-bike into my garage. Anthony was very nice and we chatted for a little while. I gave Anthony a gratuity of $20.00 for being so prompt and professional and he thanked me.

In my opinion, not only is RL Carriers a great company but the shipping cost was only $95.00 so very affordable. I am going to email RL Carriers to give a glowing review of their company and Barbara and Anthony. I personally do not believe all these negative reviews is real or justified based on my experience. In this day and age, people are quick to whine and complain but few take the time to give positive reviews.

R L Carriers response

Art, thank you for this nice review and for your business! We hope you enjoy your new bicycle.

Original review: April 16, 2021

I purchased three toilets which were to be delivered by R-L Carriers. The driver stated he couldn't put the huge, heavy delivery in our garage because his pallet couldn't get thru the gravel in our driveway. So he left this heavy load that I couldn't possibly lift out at the end of our driveway, outside our gate, which is literally out on the street. All he had to do to put it in the garage was back his truck inside our gate, which is right next to the garage. This very easily could have been done because the previous week another driver from R-L Carriers had done just that to deliver another load. When I suggested this to the second delivery man, he said it was against policy and the other driver had "broken the rules". I would never use this company again!

Original review: April 3, 2021

We ordered a 10 seated teak furniture set from Oceanic Teak in Florida. Unfortunately they chose R&L Carriers to deliver this order. They sent us a text message telling us the day they were supposed to deliver they did not deliver until three days later. After calling them to find out a time frame all three days they told me a time frame between three and four in the afternoon and they would give us a call 30 minutes prior. We never received a call. On the third day my daughter came home from work at five in the afternoon and told us that there was a really large package out on the street at the end of our driveway which is where R& L carriers dropped off a brand new teak dining room set. We can’t See the end of our driveway from our house. There was no way that we could ever move this package to bring it into our home.

After trying to call them we got no help. We had to dismantle the whole package on the side of the street and bring each piece of furniture up the driveway. It was extremely heavy! I have never ever had a delivery company do something like this. Our neighbor told us they pulled up in a tractor trailer and just left it there. All I could think of was how uncaring and irresponsible the driver was and the company to do something like this to someone. Do not ever use this company unless you want the same nightmare we just experienced.

Original review: March 19, 2021

The first delivery was for a BBQ and a number of related items. They called and said that our items were in Arizona and needed to be delivered the next day between 9 AM and 5PM and that we needed to be onsite during the entire window. After taking off and waiting all day, R&L called at 3:30 PM stating that the items were actually in Texas and needed to reschedule for days later. When the shipment finally arrived, they had put a forklift through the box.

For the second delivery of a Pizza Oven, they were nice enough to let us call at 9 AM the day of the delivery and gave us an estimated time of noon and said that they would call at least 30 minutes prior. They ended up arriving an hour and half early, no knock on the door, no call and dropped the pallet in the middle of our driveway. After blocking the driveway, they refused to come back and help move the pallet. A message was left for the owner, but he never returned the voicemail message. Horrible service and what is terrible is that they are the face of companies like BBQ Guys who otherwise offered a great service.

Original review: March 7, 2021

I will never purchase anything from someone who uses this company. I have been waiting 3 days for delivery. I've called multiple times. I was given a 2-hour window. It passed. I called back. Was told they were unable to locate the driver because his device was not working or he had turned it off and they didn't have a phone number for him so I waited. I waited. Try calling back and they're close. This is absolutely unacceptable and anyone who decides to use them should not be dealt with. How do you use a company that has such poor service? You clearly do not care about your customers.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2021

This carrier is the worst by far with deliveries. We run a business out of our home that has a commercial driveway attached. We receive multiple orders from 18 wheel trucks all year long. This is the only carrier that not only refuses to deliver our merchandise, but leaves it at the end of the driveway like garbage to be picked up by cars that drive by. We will NEVER use them again.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2021

Our new hot tub cover was supposed to arrive on Dec. 16th but delivery was delayed until Jan. 4th, while we were out of town. We came home to the cover having been deposited on our front porch with absolutely no packaging material around it and it was severely dirty and looked like it had been beaten to the point of having rips and holes and stitching coming apart.

Because we were not there to receive the shipment, there is no warranty from either the manufacturer or the freight company, R+L Carriers. So we spent around $450 for a crappy new cover. My mistake was telling the freight company, R+L Carriers, they could drop off the spa cover without anyone present. I thought a company drop off an obviously damaged product...that they would tear off the packaging material and appear to take out all frustration of 2020 out on our cover. The cover appears to have been dragged across a pavement and a yard and thrown around. They even tried to rip a strap off the cover thereby breaking the stitching. Don't ever let freight companies drop off packages without being present. It appears this company uses that as an excuse to rip off packaging and really give the product a good beating.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2020

Stay away from this company!! They are very aggressive on asking payments, but they don't want to pay even a $ when service is bad. My company put our pallets in 3 different shipments (web pro **, pro **, pro **) on an R+L Carriers truck. It was strapped securely onto a pallet. It left our location in perfect condition. One pallet was delivered at the wrong address and it arrived at our customer's location. The carton was a smash, the other two delivery was delivered at the right location but the pallets was pushed so hard that the porcelain inside is entirely broken. In all three deliveries, the driver refused to write in the bol “Accept the goods with Reserve”.

Our customer took pictures of the damaged load as it is. The broken item's value for the 3 shipments is almost close to $10,000. I reported the damages immediately after our customer notified us. I did everything requested to make the claim - filled out a claim form, sent photos, and a copy of the invoice. I have contacted R & L customer service and the local agent in Temple TX Chis **, I also email Alana ** and copy Tamara **. All of them keep saying that they will help me. NOTHING!!. They repeatedly say they feel my pain and understand my frustration and that they will reach out to R&L Carriers.

Resolution response: Sept. 23, 2020

R&L Carries replied to my review with: "We are sorry you are disappointed with R+L Carriers' performance. We will always strive to be of better service in the future. Since you properly and correctly refused the damaged goods, please reach out to Realtruck.com for replacements."

A response as lame as the response I received by phone. I just cannot understand how a box gets so mangled in shipping. Careless employees. Management clearly is not concerned. Based on reviews, this is normal business for them. In the future, I will not do business with a company if they are going to use R&L Carriers for my delivery.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2020

Be aware of who you buy products from and who they use for shipping. R&L received our shipment on 9/11. I received an estimated delivery date of 9/18 from the company I purchased from (realtruck.com). R&L was supposed to contact me to arrange delivery. Since I had not heard from them, I called them on 9/17. They told me that my shipment was sitting in a warehouse in Atlanta, delayed indefinitely. They called me the next day to arrange delivery for 9/21.

On 9/21, I received a call that the delivery would be delayed until 9/22. The truck arrived on 9/22. We were expecting 2 boxes, they had only one. The box was completely mangled. Someone did try to tape it back together. We had to refuse delivery as realtruck.com will not replace broken items if we take them off of the truck. My husband called R&L Carriers. They could not have cared less about the damaged shipment. They simply told him to complain to the company who sent it. Unfortunately, their lack of professionalism reflects directly on the businesses who choose to use them for product delivery.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2020

Ordered an engine online. Was supposed to be here August 26th so I took the day off. Received a call that afternoon on the 26th to arrange for delivery on the 29th. Took the 29th off of work received a call on the 29th to tell me they needed to reschedule for the 1st. Again I took the 31st off then received a call on the 31st to tell me they needed to reschedule for the 1st. 3 days I have waited for delivery each day costing valuable vacation days from my job. I let them know my situation and how I was very disappointed. Now they are saying it will be delivered tonight at 8 PM. I will let you know how that goes.

R L Carriers Company Information