Jared The Galleria Of Jewelry
1.55/5
Based on 44 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Jared Galleria Of Jewelry

45 Jared The Galleria Of Jewelry Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 10, 2018

My engagement ring has lost 2 stones in 2 years and Jared's refuses to fix it unless I lose 3 or more stones per year (my ring only has 11 stones). I have a warranty specifically for lost stones but they will not honor it nor will they admit anything is wrong with my ring. When I called corporate, they told me they would rather speak to my husband on these issues.

Original review: May 24, 2018

Jared's makes you feel welcome when you walk through the door, then the salesperson begins the pressure of apply for credit. The saleslady kept pressuring me to apply and see what I qualify for, I ended up applying. She said I qualified for a 18 month no interest and she began showing me diamonds, she showed me one that fit in the amount I qualified for. She stated that is was great quality and great clarity and insisted I put the diamond on my credit account to hold it so it doesn't get sold. Again feeling pressured I agreed. I went through with the purchase and some time went by, I received some notice that interest would begin on my account. I called and spoke with multiple people explaining that the sales lady told me I had 18 month no interest. This was very stressful and finally resolved.

I later had the ring cleaned at a jewelry store and I asked about the ring and was told it was a low clarity and was overcharged. I called Jared's corporate office to explain my concerns about being misled by the saleslady of the clarity and overcharged, I was told to go get an appraisal. I spent money and got an appraisal, then I was told it wasn't good and I had to get another. I went to an appraiser Jared's set me up with. The appraiser did not inspect, measure or truly appraise the ring. The appraiser looked at the serial number and used the information on a website to appraise the ring.

The lady in the corporate office explained to me she was sorry the saleslady misled me, and there is nothing she can do and the appraisal that Jared's set me up with shows the rings value is above what I paid. But the appraisal clearly states that it is for insurance purposes and I have an email from Jared's corporate office that states an insurance appraisal is not valid. They say whatever they want to make it good for them. Stay far away from this company. I want a refund for the ring, which I just had inspected and is in great condition. I was lied to and misled, pressured into using a credit line I was approved for. I have all the original material. I am prepared to go to court if this can't be resolved between us.

Get expert buying tips about Jewelry Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 6, 2018

Very Disappointed, I bought my wedding ring and my wife her wedding band because of the quality and the service. Now after coming to this store for 8 years buying various items. The treatment we received on May 4 2018 was very concerning and now has caused us to look for another jeweler. It started when we came in to get our rings cleaned and rhodium plated, something we have done 2 times a year for the last 8 years. Each time we knew that the engagement ring we would have to pay extra for because we did not purchase from Jared. I was in the army when I married and we bought the ring in another town. After we moved here we bought the rest of the pieces from Jared.

When we came into the store we went through the drop off procedures, normal questions. The person was new so finding our items in their new database was a challenge. After everything was complete the person training had asked one of the other floor personnel to come and appraise my rings. His questions were very offending, almost like I was lying about how much I paid. Now I understand why those questions were asked for the insurance purpose, but the person did not deliver to me the customer in a polite way or even semi-polite.

Now after all that they took our rings, letting us know they would take some time which was understandable so we went shopping. During our shopping trip Jared called us to let us know, that a policy that was not enforced for 8 years had finally been enforced. They could not clean or rhodium plate the engagement ring (the one we did not buy from them) and was not very forthcoming about why the policy was now just put into place.

I can understand policy and I can understand the mechanics of the questions for the appraisal. The way we were treated though I think was very unfortunate, and I really hope others will not have to go through what we went through. 8 years all ruined by poor customer service and a policy that is antiquated, and outdated. This was just our experience. Nothing more. We will be looking for a more local jeweler. We live in Graham and used to drive all the way to Tacoma just to get the rings serviced. Which we could have done anywhere but really liked the past service, but now I am not sure anymore.

Original review: May 2, 2018

Took my rings in to have them looked at and they told me I had 4 chipped diams and 4 loose diamonds so I ok them to do some work on my rings while I talked to the insurance company. They did nothing for 3 wks. When I asked, "Is my rings finished?" They said, "We thought you were ordering new diamonds" when it took three weeks to even get a estimate. No one knew what they were even doing and I called and talked to them 8 times and the manager would not even look at me, apologize for how uneducated their employees are and what a rip-off company. It took them 2 hrs. of my time to get a estimate of all the things wrong with my rings. Run for your life because they will penny pinch you to death and keep adding and adding. It never ends. When you end it and just want out it takes two months to get your money back.

Original review: April 23, 2018

Purchased earrings supposedly 14k gold but were not real. These earrings were not gold or silver. They were metal with gold spray on them. Took them back and was told I needed authorization from corporate to return... Finally got my money back but never use this store. It is a scam!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jared The Galleria Of Jewelry?

Original review: April 20, 2018

I was at Jared today because my husband forwarded me Jared's email that my jewelry are due for cleaning and inspection. So I went there with the paperwork and receipts as proof that I own the yellow diamond jewelry. The Indian lady was not typical salesperson, she did not address me as (Ma'am/Madam), but talked to me as if I was just another employee. I am not, and my husband spent thousands in their store to get me this gift of pair of earrings and necklace. I felt this employee is prejudiced against Asians. I sensed that she could not believe I would own such jewelry. Anyway, she proceeded to cleaning the items and began convincing me to look for new items in the store (so can spend more). I was not interested in spending more money. I told her that the jewelry is a gift to me, and she should change the name of ownership from my husband's name to mine.

She also has to change the phone number and email address to mine, since I am the owner of the items and I am the one having it cleaned, etc... The Indian Sales Person was very hesitant to even change the phone number, and I do not know what her problem is when I have all the receipts with me! I was insulted by her lack of response and respect. I am an American citizen, and I bet she is not -- and most likely have a biased towards people of ** who are well-off. So what happened next is she told me that I should ask my husband to come to the store and have the account ownership changed. When I ask my husband to do that, he was upset because when he bought the jewelry he specifically TOLD THEM MY NAME and it was for me. And because he has to do another trip to just to fix this, he told me that he WILL NEVER BUY AT JARED again!

Original review: March 4, 2018

I walked into the Colorado Mills Jared Jewelers at 10:15 am on March 1, 2018. I was dressed in a sweatshirt and jeans. I wanted to have my wedding band cleaned, as I had purchased it there, and to purchase a gift for my daughter and wife. Upon entering, I found myself literally surrounded by five people, including a man who stood squarely between myself and the exit. At the time, I was in an extreme hurry, so I proceeded to ask to have my ring cleaned. Since I was so hurried, I purchased a necklace and four charms for my wife's Pandora bracelet, because I thought they were the exclusive dealer.

The man who blocked my exit when I entered stayed where he was until I began filling out the credit application. I felt like I was treated like a common criminal. While I spent less than $1000, I was approved for much more. It seems that every time I have entered this store, I have been either followed or treated with disrespect by the employees and management. I will never take my business to this company again and I will share this story with anyone who will listen. And while their jewelry is very nice and tasteful, I will take my business elsewhere when it comes to jewelry in the future.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2018

On my birthday, October 12, 2017 I went to Jared located on 301 Plano Pkwy, Plano, Tx and bought a necklace for myself to engrave it with my daughters name, I have seen the necklace online. I wanted to get a single tag necklace but they told me they only had a double tag one for a little less than 300.00 and told me engraving will be 45 dollars.

I ended up paying 500.00 because engraving was 90.00 and a service plan was 75.00 + taxes for everything. I spent 3 hours of my birthday for this transaction. I asked them to resize the necklace from 16" to 14" and they told me I had to come back next day to get the necklace resized. I went next day and they had engraved on the back and also had taken 2" from one side so the tags were not centered after the fix, so I had to leave the necklace and come back next day.

Next day, the necklace was too short because they made it 13" so it did not fit my neck, I had to leave it again and come back next day. Next day, the saleswoman, brought the necklace from the shop and put it on me without me seeing it up-close, so at that moment, I did not notice that the necklace was poorly welded at least in 2 different parts.

I asked for the 2" they took from my necklace as I paid for a 16" gold necklace; I wanted to keep the pieces in case I needed them in the future. They told me that because they had to resize it so many times, there was no pieces left, so I asked the manager to get me the pieces because it was not my fault they had to resize it so many times. I had to call many times and speak with several people to get a promise that I would get the pieces, but before I could get those pieces, my necklace broke and I had to take it to repair.

At this point, I asked to get a new necklace because I just noticed the welded parts and I knew it will break again. The manager was very rude and hateful telling me that that was impossible, and I was not getting a new necklace even though I showed him the welded parts. Also, they gave me 2 pieces of some material that looked like copper as the pieces that I was asking for since I got the necklace. I told them I did not want those pieces, and I wanted a 16" necklace as I paid for. They promise they will fix the necklace perfectly this time, they will make 16" and it will not look poorly welded, I just needed to wait a week.

I went to the store on the day stated on my receipt and again they were very rude, they treated me as if I was begging for charity and told me with a very bad attitude that they have to order a new chain for my necklace because I had it resized so many times (again another argument about not being my fault), and they will call me on Tuesday next week. They did not call me the whole week, so I called them today (Sunday) to ask for my necklace and an employee told me 3 times that I had picked up my necklace already, so I got very worried and sad and angry and told them I was coming to the store (and I swear I was coming there to call the police) so when I get there, they just tell me it was a mistake and the shop told them that they have ordered the whole necklace and it hasn't arrived yet, so they will call me when they have it.

There was no apology, no explanation why they told me that my necklace had been picked up, I even called the store on my way to let them know I was arriving and they did not tell me that the employee gave me a wrong information. The manager only came to me to tell me that all of this happened because the necklace has been resized so many times (AGAIN) and with a very hateful look he asked me to leave and wait for their call whenever that will be. I feel frustrated, I just want to go to the police and ask if this is even legal. I have never felt so much hate and discrimination towards me in my entire life. I feel like I lost 500 dollars, but all the stress that this has caused me it's worse than losing the money. I will tell everybody I know to never ever shop at that store until I have no voice left. WORST EXPERIENCE EVER. IT JUST FEELS SO PERSONAL.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2018

Bought rings, took back for service for 2 yrs with no problem. Suddenly they couldn't find where I had paid for warranty. I spoke with the salesperson that sold to us, he admitted that I told him I wanted the warranty. He said it was left off because another employee finished the transaction. They made a mistake. I thought all along that my rings were under service contract... employees are rude and very hateful.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2017

On December 1st I brought my wife’s ring in for a cleaning. They quickly cleaned it and informed me that I may want to have one of the center prongs tightened. The side diamonds looked great. I advised that I’d need to check with the wife, as I was instructed not to let her ring out of my sight (she’s a bit protective of it). I was quoted a repair cost of $49 and change, not bad at all. In the meantime, I inquired about having the battery on my Movado Fiero replaced. They told me they’d need to send the watch out for repair and it could take 4-6 weeks. Besides the pricey quote, I was OK with it. I told them I would most likely be back after I ran the ring repair by the wife and was able to get my Movado from home. Now, the fun begins…

I return on the 2nd to drop off the Movado and also give the green light to repair the ring. This time, I am told upward to 10-12 weeks for the Movado… oh well, it is what it is. Upon their inspection of the ring, they now tell me the side stones are loose and also need to be tightened with an all-in repair cost of $120. When I inform them I was in the day prior for a cleaning and was told the side stone were fine, they quickly brush it off and look at me confused and say, “No sir, they are clearly loose and should be repaired.” Not too happy, but OK. We’re talking an additional $70 and the peace of mind on something I spent thousands of dollars on.

In the meantime, I found a nice pair Pandora Mickey Mouse earrings for the wife. Since we’re going to Disney in January, it was perfect! I return later that night around 6:40 pm to pick up the ring and was told “we said 7 pm, you’re early.” They then stalled talking to me for some time and the following explains why... When the jeweler was attempting fix the center prongs holding the center stone, they crumpled like tin foil. “Don’t worry he is wrapping it up now.” The repair jeweler spoke to me directly and said it’s not common, but it does happen. So I pay the $120+ cost, buy the earrings for my wife and head home and wait for the call that my Movado is done. I get home and surprise the wife with her ring and new earrings to find out that the earrings post on one is bent downward. We return later in the week for a new set. Simply a case of bad luck, right?

Well, on Dec. 14th I get the call that my Movado is in, yay! I go to pick it up and immediately notice a gap in the tungsten casing (front near where watch face meets the band). I quickly ask for the condition report they wrote up when I initially dropped off the watch (neither rep knew what I was talking about until I physically showed them my carbon copy). I show them the gap in my $3000 watch and how it is nowhere to be found on the condition report. When I say gap, I mean, it looks like someone took a chisel to it and broke off a piece.

Clearly noticeable! This is a tungsten watch. What kind of force did that take? All I got from the reps was, “You’re right sir. We’ll have to send this out to get fixed.” I took my paperwork back and asked that I get a call as soon as it comes back. I’m no jeweler but from the location of the gap, the entire watch case (face) will need to be replaced and I’m pretty confident this watch is no longer manufactured. It’s been approximately a week and I have gotten no update or follow-up. Extremely upset with “my luck” thus far. The consistently poor service from a company that alleges to be a premier jeweler has only compounded my stress of trying to protect some of my family’s most valuable pieces. I will be sure to update my review here and elsewhere once my Movado is repaired.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2017

My wife and I (she is the Love of my Life ) went in just to have one of her rings repaired. They went out their way to take care of us. James, Tiffany, and Kevin were incredible. I ended up purchasing an upgraded Diamond for my amazing wife. We will never go anywhere else when it comes to any of our Jewelry needs or wants. I can't thank you enough.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

To make a long story short their customer service is next to nothing. Their custom rings are garbage and have had to have multiple repairs after owning our jewelry less than a year. They will not follow up, set good/clear expectations or provide any compensation for your time/trouble. I wish I would have known before purchasing our engagement ring or having a custom ring made with them. Unfortunately once they have your money they could care less about provide no you any support or customer service. They should be ashamed of themselves and their business practices. I am VERY surprised that they are even still in business.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2017

Stephanie and David were wonderful to purchase my new diamond from. Stephanie knew exactly what I wanted and was able to find the perfect one I needed. Will continue to purchase jewelry from Jared's. They have the best service!

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

Horrible customer service at Cherry Hill, NJ location - I dropped off my rings to be re-sized and dipped. I was told I could pick them up Monday afternoon. Monday afternoon I stop in to pick them up - first they couldn't find them, when they finally did they weren't finished. I was told it would be 15 minutes. When they were ready the sales associate called me over - no apology for the confusion, just handed me the rings. I requested she check the stones again since I want to be sure everything is ok before leaving the store. She tells me she already did. I told her she didn't do it in my presence and I would like it done again. She rolled her eyes! I requested customer service without the attitude.

As she walked back to check the stones, she told another associate "she wants me to check the stones again". This other associate, who was in no way involved in this interaction didn't need to know this. She checked the stones and handed me the receipt to sign, I was then told I could not keep a copy for my records. I asked for the store manager and was told - without even checking - that she was on the phone. I asked for her information and the sales associate's name. I've written to the store manager to complain about the horrendous customer service this associate provided without response.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2017

I took my diamond and emerald bracelet to Jared for repairs. I was promised it would be ready a week later. When I went in to pick it up two weeks later, at first, it could not be found. Then, when it was found, it was not ready. They promised it would be ready in an hour. Tried calling more than 10 times to be sure it would be ready, I was never able to get an answer to my phone call. I showed up 4 hours later to pick it up. After standing in line for 1/2 hour, during which time only one employee was helping customers, 3 or 4 employees were present, just not assisting customers, I finally received my bracelet.

Original review: July 22, 2017

My husband purchased me a bracelet for my birthday back in December. A month ago I took it into a Jared location to have it cleaned. At that time still unaware that it was a sterling silver piece. He purchased this bracelet at $839. After finding this information out I went back into the store to see if there was anything that they could do for me regarding the sterling silver piece and as I explained to them I would not have bought a piece of jewelry for 800 almost $900 and can't do anything with it. It is a rip-off. I've taken it into three jewelry stores. One person told me they will offer me $15 for it.

I called back to Jared Corporation and all they could tell me the only thing that they could do or what do was to trade it in to spend more money. I would not ever spend a dime with Jared ever again and no one else should. This is a straight rip off. I would not give them a star with the service and the way I've been treated. I wouldn't even give them a half of a star. No one should have to go through this spending the money that I spent on my husband spent on a gift that is worth nothing.

Original review: June 28, 2017

I have never had such an unwelcomed and felt so rejected by a company. I have been waiting for an online order to clear so I can know what day to expect the delivery. It had been 2 days since my bank had cleared the funds and we're waiting for Jared's to accept the payment. My 10 year anniversary was coming up and thought I would buy my wife something special. Guess I should have just gone to a local jewelry store but I be always shopped at Jared's but we moved and live in Fargo now and there isn't any Jared's near us. My experience with the customer service folks was the worst ever. Not only did they say they were not accepting payment but the lady sounded like she just woke up and I could barely understand some of what she was saying. Her tone was she did not care and "why are you bugging me."

They said they had different information email, phone number etc than what I had provided. Very confusing to me since I had an email that provided me with a confirmation number with all the same information that Jared's was saying was not correct. It was almost like they did not have the product so they could not fill the order. The disappointment and now I am in a rush to find something for my wife in the next 3 days is enough for me to say I am happy that I will never spend a penny with Jared's again. I wish they had a customer service for their customer service so I could get this person fired. I've never had such a bad experience in dealing with a customer service dept. Even Walmart is more professional which is why I am so bothered by how I was treated. I feel like I got mugged or robbed by this person.

I was so looking forward to giving my wife this necklace and pair of ear rings. Now nothing and I have limited amount of time to make it happen. I plan to shop elsewhere but will voice what has happened at the Jared's we once shopped with. Maybe by bringing this to someone's attention something will get fixed. Either way I am pissed... Jared is no longer a part of our Christmas and Holiday experience. Confirmed with bank Jared's dropped accepting payment and I told bank to not let it go through then. My bank said that Jared's only had until tomorrow to accept payment or they would refuse the payment anyways. Any future conversations with anyone about Jared's will be to convince others not to go through this company. Seemed more like a scam or a fake business. So disappointed...

Original review: June 25, 2017 ********************************************************
ALREADY PUBLISHED: https://www.trustpilot.com/reviews/59504457555d1a0654d5fe08
********************************************************
My fiance brought my engagement ring for me back in Nov. 2016. He proposed to me the next day after buying it. I took it in for its 6 month cleaning about April 2017, after being questioned about where he had brought the ring and if I was sure he had brought it from them or if I had ever had it clean or worked on anywhere else, they had told me that the ring I have does not match the ring he had purchased (the one on his original receipt) in fact the ring I have was worth over $10,000 (his original one only being about $5,000) and looks to them that a mistake had been made when he had picked up my ring the first time and he had received the wrong one! SO here I am confused as to what happens now, that is a huge mistake on their end. After a few employees had left to discuss the situation, they had came back to me and both had said the mistake was entirely on them, I have nothing to worry about, what's done is done, and they promised that no one would take my ring it was now mine. They did advise me to get an appraisal on it since the one on the receipt doesn't match what I have, that way if anything ever happened to it I would be able to replace it with the same value of what it is and not the one that my fiance was supposed to receive in the beginning. So I did just that. In May I took it in the get appraised, payed for it, and they said I would hear back in 2 weeks at most. A week went by and my fiance got a call from the appraiser, he was also confused by the ring not matching the one on the receipt, he explained the situation and they carried on with the appraisal. I had figured the whole 2 week wait had restarted. So on June 17, I had realized I still haven't heard anything from them, so I called them that evening. They put me on with the manager Dustin who had then told me, that they had found there is a police report on the ring I have, from the family it had originally belonged to, the diamond was there family heirloom and they would be pleased to hear that it had been located. He asked if we would come in the speak with him, I had set the time for Monday but after my fiance had seen me balling my eyes out he didn't want to wait til then. That same night my fiance and I had dropped by to get this settled, Dustin had discussed a few different things that may happen, but in the end he wanted to make sure that I was happy with what I have and same with this family that it belongs to. He said he was the middle man with cooperate and he was waiting to hear from them so if we could come back as planned on Monday. On the Monday June 19th my fiance and I had went in he took us to his office, his wanting to make sure I left happy was no longer his concern. Dustin had said they found the ring my fiance had originally purchased so all there is left was to give back what I have and take that one. He said if I didn't return that ring, that they would press charges on my fiance for theft, since they have him on camera the day he picked it up. That he should have known that wasn't his to begin with.
My fiance has never done this before in his life, he was nervous, and the same employee that he had originally designed it with was the one that delivered it to him the day he picked it up. So I find it a little funny that they put this on him and nothing on the employee! Because of the threat, we had done the exchange and my fiance took it to cooperate himself. After speaking with multiple people they all would say something should be done to make us happy and we should be compensated for our troubles and they would transfer us to someone new, in the end the final decision is a refund or to just except that I had lost what I thought was my ring this whole time and take the original one.

I am not trying to be greedy, but honestly to be proposed to with a ring show it to family and friends, go on planning the wedding and thinking about buying wedding bands soon, to having what I felt was mine be taken from me and nothing was done to make me happy, is complete crap!

Original review: June 20, 2017

These folks that work at this store are liars. I went to this store and was told I had 30 days to cancel an order with no charge. Day 5 after I was there to place an order I cancelled the order with them because I found a product 2000 dollars cheaper at another store. 5 days cancellation cost me 160 dollars. What liars. I told them from the minute I stepped into the store I was just looking - did not want to purchase anything that night. Then these liars opened up an account with JARED and had the guts to charge me 2600 dollars for a product I did not leave the store with! What liars. Young men - stay away from this place - they do not tell the truth. We went there - day 5 - to cancel the order - we were told we had 30 days to cancel at no charge - and they had the guts to charge me 160 dollars. They are spineless creeps.

Original review: April 29, 2017

In 2007 I purchased a Tag Heuer watch for my 5th anniversary for my wife. $ 2,500.00. When I purchased it they told me that a new battery would run about $75.00 due to they have to send it to a special place to replace it. I was sold a lifetime free battery replacement for about $164.00. The first time I took it in the lady behind the counter said that it was a good thing I purchased the LIFE TIME FREE BATTERY REPLACEMENT because it would be about $75.00 to replace it if I had not. The second time the same experience. The third time they had my watch for about a month and called and was told there would be a $50.00 charge to replace it because my LIFETIME BATTERY REPLACEMENT only covered the battery and not the labor.

I asked for a manager and she told me they changed policy and I would have to pay $ 50.00 to get my watched back. Long story short they decided they would give the watch back at no charge this time but next time I would have to pay. There will be a next time for the battery replacement but I will never make another purchase with these crooks.

Original review: April 25, 2017

This is degrading! Trying to buy my son born day gift use my Jared acct! Well in order to make this purchase I need to make a payment which I did! So the clerk who help me call the authority to confirm it all! Not only did have her on hold as an employee for Jared 40 mins they hung up on her where she had to started the process over. They kept tell her so had the wrong dept! Finally I just cancelled the sale and left that store! Jared is a ripoff. No people's skill for the customer or its own employees! When I called CS they were just non informative also. I'm done! NEVER SHOP there again. In this time of era Jared this store will not last, but I did learn some things from this! Check out reviews 1st if I had done that I would be here now!

Original review: April 23, 2017

I can't speak for other people, but I live in Hampton VA and I have only had positive experiences with Jared. I bought my first ring at Jared 13 years ago and that ring was 2,000.00, I then went back and got two wedding bands two years later, I just returned in April of 2017 to trade my wedding ring in and spent 3,000.00 along with my wedding ring to do that. The employees were fantastic, nice, polite and kind. I don't know where those unsatisfied people live but they need to come to Virginia to be treated good. My new wedding ring is beautiful, and for me I wouldn't go anywhere but Jared to buy diamonds. I am sorry that so many people had problems, but for me that's my go-to jewelry store. I was treated with nothing but the highest amount of kindness!!!

Original review: April 5, 2017

I had a ring custom made at Jared's and they kept giving me different prices and adding $$$ after they gave me a final price. I asked for platinum on the top of my ring and they said ok.. Come to find out they charged me an additional $500 and DIDN'T put any platinum on my ring! They now claimed they lost all my paperwork. My diamonds are always falling out and I am there every month having them replace a diamond. They are so un-professional and still have not got back to me since last April about refunding me my money.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2017

This is not a scathing review, but rather an informed and honest review for anyone intelligent enough to check this site before entering into a long-standing business relationship, whereby hundreds, and in most cases thousands of dollars would be spent. My wife and I have been customers of the Bridgeport Jared The Galleria of Jewelry for more than five years now, and we've developed strong, friendly personal relationships with many of the sales staff and managers.

Over the course of five years we've purchased all of our precious quality jewelry there, from each daughter's sweet 16 rings, to my wife's cherished Pandora bracelet complete with 10 priceless charms that tell her story. Several necklaces and earrings for gifts, watches, and plans to buy the Tag Heuer my wife has fallen in love with for a very nice price tag upon my retirement this coming September. We had fun picking each of these items out as the great sales staff poured time and attention into each purchase that any one of us came to them for. They called us by name, we called them by name.

All that being said, tonight a very disheartening thing happened. I had taken my Raymond Weil watch into them because, after 3 years and incredibly meticulous care, it just stopped. They told me at the time I took it in that the extended warranty I had purchased had only just expired within the last month. I was bummed, but knew that because of the relationship we had developed, and the thousands of dollars we had spent with the intention of spending thousands more over the life of our family with so many women, girls, guys who love a good deal and great customer service, and even the friends we had already sent there... It would all be good and they would take care of the watch for me. After all, that's what I would have done, that's what any company offering quality goods and stellar customer service would do.

Sadly, that's not what happened, not at all. After waiting three weeks to find out what was wrong with my watch, and what they might be able to do for me, I was contacted by someone I didn't know who was well prepped to explain to me that the watch needed a new movement because it had moisture damage. I wore this watch maybe three times a month, and the rest of the time it was kept securely in a dry, moisture free case. I was also told that it was going to cost $225 to fix. WHAT?? I didn't know this person, and she wasn't offering any helpful advice on how this was going to get taken care of. After talking to someone I did know, Lisa, a wonderful lady who always remembered me and my family by name from the first time she helped us, I was reassured that she would make sure I was taken care of. Alas, not so.

The manager called several minutes later, a gal by the name of Jill, who apparently didn't care about the strong business relationship I had developed with her store. She informed me in a very straight, almost monotone voice and demeanor that the warranty had expired and there was nothing more they could do, twice. I was honestly floored. I understand about warranties, that's not in question, what I don't understand is an inherent lack of caring for good customers, customers you know are going to be coming back, spending more money with you, bringing their friends. We won't be going back to Jared The Galleria of Jewelry. We enjoyed the relationships we fostered, but had I read any one of the countless reviews from this site prior to our first purchase, we never would have wasted our time, and apparently our money.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2017

In this day and age with the competition that exists to deliver exceptional customer service it is completely shocking that Jared is still in business! I paid $90 for a Pandora bracelet that I got through their online department. The package apparently was lost. They never showed me any proof of anything, just said that the package getting lost is not their responsibility!!! They never refunded me or replaced the item. I have never had a similar experience with any other vendor. When I reached out to their customer care department, I came across very rude and unprofessional individuals who make me feel even worse. Make sure you use a reputable credit card so that you can fight it with your bank. I felt completely stolen from Jared.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2017

Took a 1 carat ring into their store and one of the "diamond repairers" said my diamond was loose and he needed to keep it immediately to fix the prongs and secure the diamond. I got my ring, which he did not want to relinquish, and headed to my regular jeweler. He showed me the prongs were not loose and the diamond was secure. The man just wanted to swap out my diamond, which was a very good one, for a cheap imitation. This is my opinion and mine alone. Why else would he want to keep my ring and for me not to walk out of the store with it?

Original review: Jan. 23, 2017

Unfortunately, we made the mistake of purchasing a watch and wedding rings from Jared. Needless to say the only thing they can do in the store inspect my jewelry and rhodium plate it. Other than that forget it. They have an excuse for why they cannot do anything. This is the latest. My Tissot watch is missing a pin for the band. of course they could not do anything with the watch, it would have to be shipped out. When my watch needed a battery, "sorry. We have to ship it out." My husband's 2nd wedding band has to be shipped out to be replaced and the reality of it is you have no choice if you want to use the extended service plan or warranty to cover it. Even though they are right there to greet you as you walk in the door don't let that fool you into thinking they have great customer service. That is the furthest thing from the truth. There again excuse after excuse.

My next big complaint with them is the amount of time I have to spend in the store in order to leave my wedding ring to be re-plated. It is roughly 45 minutes, between filling out the paperwork, the clerk has to draw a picture of my ring so to know it is the ring I brought (have they ever heard of a camera?). Then after the picture is draw and the paperwork is completed then I have to sign (you think you are done but nope not yet). Now the manager has to sign. The whole process is around 45 minutes, just to drop a ring off for servicing. MY ADVICE IS TO STAY FAR FAR AWAY FROM JARED. THEY ARE NO MORE THAN A MALL JEWELRY STORE.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2017

This experience relates to the Jared's in Rockville. I very seldom write bad reviews (even when unhappy), because I don't like being negative. However, the experience of getting wedding bands from Jared's was bad for multiple reasons, so in this case, I am taking out the time to do this. My husband had gotten the engagement ring for me somewhere else and now I wish we had done the same for our wedding bands. We made a custom design with Jared's, nothing too elaborate, but still custom.

Well, not only did they get some of the details on one of the rings wrong after they kept forgetting and re-asking how we wanted things, but they talked to us with an air of superiority. The first person who began helping us was great (but I am convinced she is their only good employee) and as we were deciding what we wanted, she showed us the kinds of things we indicated we were interested in. But then she had to transfer us to someone else to be helped and it all went downhill from there.

The man who then began helping us was just plain annoying and would keep talking about and trying to sell us merchandise even after we politely indicated that we were looking for something else. Then we bounced around between 2 different employees who would take turns wasting our time and talking about how nice our rings would be and that we would like them and explaining things we didn't care about before finally half-way answering questions we had actually asked. Then they made a mistake in the payment and wouldn't let my husband pay the whole amount when he had made a special trip to the store to do so.

They then call right after our wedding and want us to come back just to pay the remainder (like we just want to waste more of our time). When we indicated that we were not pleased with the service, we were brushed off with a "well, the rings turned out good" and they gave us a clumsy, cheap bracelet holder and expected that this dollar store item should make us happy and make up for the hours of our time that they wasted. (We didn't bother making them correct the mistake on the one - we were done dealing with them.)

The process was long and filled with incompetence. On top on multiple individuals being bad at their jobs, several of the employees would say things that implied, "sorry for his error, let me take care of you." Right after we pointed out an error the blame - shifter had made. Most of the employees said a lot of words, but there tended to be little actual content and meaning those words - it was excessive babble.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2017

Jared is a place you can go for jewelry that is nice, and not too expensive. The stores are very clean and well thought out. The displays are easy to see and understand what they are selling. The staff is knowledgeable and friendly and polite, and they know the products that they sell, and will work with the customer to find just the right gift for the occasion.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2016

I attempted to place an order online that never was processed and yet they still charged my card. I never received an email or a confirmation number of this purchase. So I called the next day and spoke to 4 different customer service reps and a supervisor who all not only gave me different responses but also are telling me that I have to wait 24 to 48 hours to get my money back that they put on hold. Now my issue is if my order wasn't processed nor did I receive a confirmation or email which is supposed to be their policy. Who the hell do they think they are to tell me when I can have my hard earned money!!! This company is a scam and I'm highly upset that I have to deal with this only days before Christmas. I would never recommend this site to anyone else and I can only pray that they didn't do this to anyone else at this time.

Jared The Galleria Of Jewelry expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Jared The Galleria of Fine Jewelry is a jewelry company founded in 1993 that is now also owned by Signet Jewelers. Headquartered in Akron, Ohio, the company has retail jewelry stores across the nation. They are considered to be Signet's "off-mall" store, which means that Jared the Galleria of Jewelry stores are located in smaller shopping malls and shopping centers.

• Online and retail shopping available: Jared offers customers the convenience of shopping for their products either online or in retail stores.

• Charitable giving: In addition to selling jewelry, Jared supports charities, including the American Diabetes Association and Jewelers for Children. The company is also one of the largest supporters of St. Jude Children's Research Hospital in Memphis, Tennessee.

• Lifetime guarantee: The company offers a lifetime guarantee on all diamonds and gemstones, as long as six-month inspections of the stones are done by an authorized representative.

• Stone replacement: Jared will replace any stone, diamond or gem if it chips, breaks or is lost from its original setting if the piece is inspected every six months.

• Diamond trade-ins: Customers have the option of trading in any diamond product for a diamond of equal or lesser value should they be interested in a different product. Trade-ins can be transacted at any brick-and-mortar Jared location.

• Best for: Couples getting engaged and customers looking to buy a luxury gift.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs