Find the right jewelry store for you

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

Jared The Galleria Of Jewelry
1.83/5

Jared Galleria Of Jewelry

79 Jared The Galleria Of Jewelry Consumer Reviews

Original review: March 27, 2019

This has been my go-to Jewelers for about 15 years. I have been to other jewelers but have been more consistently satisfied by Jared. I did have one moment when I tried to return an engagement and wedding rings that they would only exchange. I did find that they could have been more generous in a refund even if only partially. I did not need to exchange and ultimately pawned my stuff at a fraction of the cost. I did return to purchase items in later years as I have enjoyed my other shopping experiences.

Original review: March 15, 2019

When we entered the store we were met by Jeremy who did everything he could trying to find the ring my wife wanted. He was joined by Seble who also helped us. After not finding the ring he determined what kind of ring my wife wanted and said he could make it for us. He gave us a price and we decided to have the ring made. Jeremy and Seble helped us with any questions we asked and were very nice during the entire process. We had a great experience and love going to Jareds in Plano because the people are friendly and the customer service is fantastic.

Get expert buying tips about Jewelry Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 13, 2019

Wouiling & Dana were both wonderful. Super nice, not pushy, cleaned up all my nice gold and diamonds free & gave me a great deal on my watch. I also received a free gift for signing up for the Jared Credit card. I see most all of the 1 stars relate more 2 the credit card offers then the quality of the jewelry so make your own decision when you walk in!! I suggest paying cash or on your own card though IMHO! Amazing store and lots of knowledgeable people to help. Thanks again! Be back soon! Chris

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

The staff is very helpful, knowledgeable and can point you in the direction based upon your budget. I do think their prices are a bit inflated. This does not make it a bad place to get jewelry. But I would say that be prepared to pay for what you want.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

Nadia and Elyse were awesome! I purchased some earrings that I wasn't thrilled with. After discussing my situation with Nadia, jewelry designer, she came up with several suggestions as to how she could re-work the earrings. When I picked them up, I about fell over. They are now gorgeous and I am proud to wear them. Thanks for making a bad situation into a great one.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jared The Galleria Of Jewelry?

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

I was given a Tag watch by a family member that lived in a different city than I, same State but different city. The watch had been sitting for at least 6 months and we could not get it to start working. I had taken it to Jared because that's where she purchased the watch. Not at the same store but still Jared. The watch was shipped to Tag, I paid 50 dollars for shipping it there and shipping it back. My cousin wanted to pay for it and put it on her Jared Credit card. I was told that they could not do that. What they did tell me that she can go to a Jared store and pay for it at any other Jared, all she needed was the service number. When the watch arrived, I was then told that she could not pay for it there, Keep in mind, this is a 3-4K watch. It's costing over 900 dollars to fix it. And they are telling me that it has to be converted in to a layaway and she can pay for it.

Keep in mind converting to a layaway that they suggested, because they could not do what they had originally told me. Now I am able to get the watch, which I was paying half. NOW I am there to pay for my watch and to finally start to wear it then I was told there was a $90 dollar fee for converting (Converting is done via computer). The GM of the store said that she was paying for some of it...but what she did took the 50 that I had already paid for shipping and put it towards the 90 dollars, so I would only have to pay 40 dollars. This watch is special. It belonged to someone that had passed away. At this point I already felt that my watch was being hostage and I had to pay the ransom to get it back. Jared...shameful. I hope you treat your employees better. Because the first lady helped me, Peg, was amazing. Jared the CO...you really not amazing, you are greedy.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2019

In January of 2019 my boyfriend and I made a trip to Jared to take a look at some rings and potentially pick out our future engagement/wedding rings. The workers helped us find pieces we were looking for and we ended up actually liking the idea of buying a band and then placing a stone from an earring in it. They opened an account for my boyfriend, in case we chose to come back and purchase it. They told us they would hold the products for two weeks, and if they did not hear back within that time frame then they would no longer be holding the items for us. We had decided not to go with that product, and a month later we got a bill in the mail from Jared!! It was a service fee, they had apparently meshed the band and stone together and then undone it when we never came back.

We OF COURSE called and the store redirected us to the Comenity Bank, to which they redirected us back to Jared because ONLY they can clear a bill. WE NEVER ONCE PURCHASED A SINGLE THING!!! Yet we have a bill? Yeah makes sense. We reported this to the better business bureau, and hoped for the best. We now have a $300 dollar BILL FOR BUYING NOTHING. The employees would not help, they completely scammed us!!! Will NEVER be buying anything from this nasty and deceiving company again!! OH and for reference it was the store located on 28th street in Grand Rapids, MI. Not happy at all, do not try to go here, they will scam you.

Original review: July 20, 2019

I made the mistake of going to Jared's alone to just take a look at engagement rings. After all, my sister's 3 carat rings was purchased here and it is nice. I was pressured into buying something I did not really want and told, "Oh you can always upgrade later." I was only given a slim selection of choices of center stones from that dirty showcase in the store. The salesperson made no effort to suggest that she could have one ordered, check another store, not anything. She only wanted to make the sale. I later canceled the order before I picked it up, and oh my it took me going back and forth with Comenity Bank to get my refund.

I was stupid yes, I said it so that hopeful no one else reading this review would make the same mistake. I went back to the store and make a better choice, but it did not come with a band. The center stoned looked nice sparked in the store, but not so much anywhere else. 18K White Gold. Instead of returning it, I was talked into trading it in and upgrading. I purchased the service plan and paid commission fees, sizing fees, changing head fees also for the first ring. Then, I believe I was charged all these fees again when I only had the ring for 3 months and only wore it twice. I was told I received trade-in value of what I purchased it for, but Jared's at Stone Crest in Lithonia Georgia will not give me a break down of what I actually paid and was given credit for.

I have been calling the store for over a week now. I was told by a very rude sarcastic person name Lilly that I was given a receipt at the time of purchase and that they could not provide me with anything else. I asked her about the 30 day return and even though I only had the ring in my possession for 2 weeks, She said it was up. My 30 days had passed because it was purchased last month on the 15th and today is the 19th of the following month.

I want to know exactly what I paid for, as the amount that appeared on my account plus the downpayment in the store exceeds the amount I thought I was quoted. NOTHING was on discount or sales, so it's not like they were rewarding me with anything. I just don't want to be taken advantage of and paying twice for commission fees and service maintenance fees, when I had not had the first ring 3 mts. BOTTOM LINE. THEY DO NOT CARE ABOUT THEIR CUSTOMER SATISFACTION.

I would admit that Lisa and Leah were great with assisting me with the second ring choice. However, when I called back into the store, Lilly was extremely rude, Horrible customer service skills. Borderline nasty. The "Manager" Pam, will not come to the phone and speak with me. I have left her several messages. I was told she was at lunch and to call back in an hour. Called within 2 hours and was told again she was at lunch, I said I was told that two hours ago and then they said, well she is not in the store. I called back three time the same night from 6pm to 9pm, left another message with Regina after being told she was with a customer. At Lunch, Not available, Stepped out of the store, At lunch again, on the phone, busy helping customer, all of these are more like avoiding me at this time.

I have left my name and number with 4 different salespeople and still no return phone call. I am highly disappointed to say the lease when I have spent over 16K with this store and I can't even get a simple return phone call from the manager. Yes I would not EVER spend another dime in this store and wish to God I had wasted my time or money to be treated so poorly after the sale. I have purchased items from James Allen online and at Bashinski in Macon, Ga. I have always received great service. They need more training in every area. This is ridiculous and I really feel as if they can CARE LESS AS LONG AS THEY MADE A SALE.

Original review: June 17, 2019

I purchased a pearl ring gift for myself online a couple months ago for my birthday. I opened my gift on my birthday to find the pearl was damaged. I contacted Jared online and was told that the ring cannot be returned or replaced nor can I receive a credit towards another purchase because I was beyond their 30 day return policy. The ring is still sitting in the original box, never worn. I now own a very expensive paper weight! The bottom line is... BUYER BEWARE!

Original review: June 14, 2019

I'm thinking this website is a scam, so be careful. I placed an order, they took my money and said that the order never got place. Very poor customer service if they are legit. Do not bother. Rip off.

Jared The Galleria Of Jewelry expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Jared The Galleria of Fine Jewelry is a jewelry company founded in 1993 that is now also owned by Signet Jewelers. Headquartered in Akron, Ohio, the company has retail jewelry stores across the nation. They are considered to be Signet's "off-mall" store, which means that Jared the Galleria of Jewelry stores are located in smaller shopping malls and shopping centers.

• Online and retail shopping available: Jared offers customers the convenience of shopping for their products either online or in retail stores.

• Charitable giving: In addition to selling jewelry, Jared supports charities, including the American Diabetes Association and Jewelers for Children. The company is also one of the largest supporters of St. Jude Children's Research Hospital in Memphis, Tennessee.

• Lifetime guarantee: The company offers a lifetime guarantee on all diamonds and gemstones, as long as six-month inspections of the stones are done by an authorized representative.

• Stone replacement: Jared will replace any stone, diamond or gem if it chips, breaks or is lost from its original setting if the piece is inspected every six months.

• Diamond trade-ins: Customers have the option of trading in any diamond product for a diamond of equal or lesser value should they be interested in a different product. Trade-ins can be transacted at any brick-and-mortar Jared location.

• Best for: Couples getting engaged and customers looking to buy a luxury gift.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs