Jared Galleria Of Jewelry

Compare Jewelry Stores

Research top Jewelry Stores recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I have never had such an unwelcomed and felt so rejected by a company. I have been waiting for an online order to clear so I can know what day to expect the delivery. It had been 2 days since my bank had cleared the funds and we're waiting for Jared's to accept the payment. My 10 year anniversary was coming up and thought I would buy my wife something special. Guess I should have just gone to a local jewelry store but I be always shopped at Jared's but we moved and live in Fargo now and there isn't any Jared's near us. My experience with the customer service folks was the worst ever. Not only did they say they were not accepting payment but the lady sounded like she just woke up and I could barely understand some of what she was saying. Her tone was she did not care and "why are you bugging me."

They said they had different information email, phone number etc than what I had provided. Very confusing to me since I had an email that provided me with a confirmation number with all the same information that Jared's was saying was not correct. It was almost like they did not have the product so they could not fill the order. The disappointment and now I am in a rush to find something for my wife in the next 3 days is enough for me to say I am happy that I will never spend a penny with Jared's again. I wish they had a customer service for their customer service so I could get this person fired. I've never had such a bad experience in dealing with a customer service dept. Even Walmart is more professional which is why I am so bothered by how I was treated. I feel like I got mugged or robbed by this person.

I was so looking forward to giving my wife this necklace and pair of ear rings. Now nothing and I have limited amount of time to make it happen. I plan to shop elsewhere but will voice what has happened at the Jared's we once shopped with. Maybe by bringing this to someone's attention something will get fixed. Either way I am pissed... Jared is no longer a part of our Christmas and Holiday experience. Confirmed with bank Jared's dropped accepting payment and I told bank to not let it go through then. My bank said that Jared's only had until tomorrow to accept payment or they would refuse the payment anyways. Any future conversations with anyone about Jared's will be to convince others not to go through this company. Seemed more like a scam or a fake business. So disappointed...

********************************************************
ALREADY PUBLISHED: https://www.trustpilot.com/reviews/59504457555d1a0654d5fe08
********************************************************
My fiance brought my engagement ring for me back in Nov. 2016. He proposed to me the next day after buying it. I took it in for its 6 month cleaning about April 2017, after being questioned about where he had brought the ring and if I was sure he had brought it from them or if I had ever had it clean or worked on anywhere else, they had told me that the ring I have does not match the ring he had purchased (the one on his original receipt) in fact the ring I have was worth over $10,000 (his original one only being about $5,000) and looks to them that a mistake had been made when he had picked up my ring the first time and he had received the wrong one! SO here I am confused as to what happens now, that is a huge mistake on their end. After a few employees had left to discuss the situation, they had came back to me and both had said the mistake was entirely on them, I have nothing to worry about, what's done is done, and they promised that no one would take my ring it was now mine. They did advise me to get an appraisal on it since the one on the receipt doesn't match what I have, that way if anything ever happened to it I would be able to replace it with the same value of what it is and not the one that my fiance was supposed to receive in the beginning. So I did just that. In May I took it in the get appraised, payed for it, and they said I would hear back in 2 weeks at most. A week went by and my fiance got a call from the appraiser, he was also confused by the ring not matching the one on the receipt, he explained the situation and they carried on with the appraisal. I had figured the whole 2 week wait had restarted. So on June 17, I had realized I still haven't heard anything from them, so I called them that evening. They put me on with the manager Dustin who had then told me, that they had found there is a police report on the ring I have, from the family it had originally belonged to, the diamond was there family heirloom and they would be pleased to hear that it had been located. He asked if we would come in the speak with him, I had set the time for Monday but after my fiance had seen me balling my eyes out he didn't want to wait til then. That same night my fiance and I had dropped by to get this settled, Dustin had discussed a few different things that may happen, but in the end he wanted to make sure that I was happy with what I have and same with this family that it belongs to. He said he was the middle man with cooperate and he was waiting to hear from them so if we could come back as planned on Monday. On the Monday June 19th my fiance and I had went in he took us to his office, his wanting to make sure I left happy was no longer his concern. Dustin had said they found the ring my fiance had originally purchased so all there is left was to give back what I have and take that one. He said if I didn't return that ring, that they would press charges on my fiance for theft, since they have him on camera the day he picked it up. That he should have known that wasn't his to begin with.
My fiance has never done this before in his life, he was nervous, and the same employee that he had originally designed it with was the one that delivered it to him the day he picked it up. So I find it a little funny that they put this on him and nothing on the employee! Because of the threat, we had done the exchange and my fiance took it to cooperate himself. After speaking with multiple people they all would say something should be done to make us happy and we should be compensated for our troubles and they would transfer us to someone new, in the end the final decision is a refund or to just except that I had lost what I thought was my ring this whole time and take the original one.

I am not trying to be greedy, but honestly to be proposed to with a ring show it to family and friends, go on planning the wedding and thinking about buying wedding bands soon, to having what I felt was mine be taken from me and nothing was done to make me happy, is complete crap!

These folks that work at this store are liars. I went to this store and was told I had 30 days to cancel an order with no charge. Day 5 after I was there to place an order I cancelled the order with them because I found a product 2000 dollars cheaper at another store. 5 days cancellation cost me 160 dollars. What liars. I told them from the minute I stepped into the store I was just looking - did not want to purchase anything that night. Then these liars opened up an account with JARED and had the guts to charge me 2600 dollars for a product I did not leave the store with! What liars. Young men - stay away from this place - they do not tell the truth. We went there - day 5 - to cancel the order - we were told we had 30 days to cancel at no charge - and they had the guts to charge me 160 dollars. They are spineless creeps.

In 2007 I purchased a Tag Heuer watch for my 5th anniversary for my wife. $ 2,500.00. When I purchased it they told me that a new battery would run about $75.00 due to they have to send it to a special place to replace it. I was sold a lifetime free battery replacement for about $164.00. The first time I took it in the lady behind the counter said that it was a good thing I purchased the LIFE TIME FREE BATTERY REPLACEMENT because it would be about $75.00 to replace it if I had not. The second time the same experience. The third time they had my watch for about a month and called and was told there would be a $50.00 charge to replace it because my LIFETIME BATTERY REPLACEMENT only covered the battery and not the labor.

I asked for a manager and she told me they changed policy and I would have to pay $ 50.00 to get my watched back. Long story short they decided they would give the watch back at no charge this time but next time I would have to pay. There will be a next time for the battery replacement but I will never make another purchase with these crooks.

This is degrading! Trying to buy my son born day gift use my Jared acct! Well in order to make this purchase I need to make a payment which I did! So the clerk who help me call the authority to confirm it all! Not only did have her on hold as an employee for Jared 40 mins they hung up on her where she had to started the process over. They kept tell her so had the wrong dept! Finally I just cancelled the sale and left that store! Jared is a ripoff. No people's skill for the customer or its own employees! When I called CS they were just non informative also. I'm done! NEVER SHOP there again. In this time of era Jared this store will not last, but I did learn some things from this! Check out reviews 1st if I had done that I would be here now!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jared The Galleria Of Jewelry?

I can't speak for other people, but I live in Hampton VA and I have only had positive experiences with Jared. I bought my first ring at Jared 13 years ago and that ring was 2,000.00, I then went back and got two wedding bands two years later, I just returned in April of 2017 to trade my wedding ring in and spent 3,000.00 along with my wedding ring to do that. The employees were fantastic, nice, polite and kind. I don't know where those unsatisfied people live but they need to come to Virginia to be treated good. My new wedding ring is beautiful, and for me I wouldn't go anywhere but Jared to buy diamonds. I am sorry that so many people had problems, but for me that's my go-to jewelry store. I was treated with nothing but the highest amount of kindness!!!

I had a ring custom made at Jared's and they kept giving me different prices and adding $$$ after they gave me a final price. I asked for platinum on the top of my ring and they said ok.. Come to find out they charged me an additional $500 and DIDN'T put any platinum on my ring! They now claimed they lost all my paperwork. My diamonds are always falling out and I am there every month having them replace a diamond. They are so un-professional and still have not got back to me since last April about refunding me my money.

This is not a scathing review, but rather an informed and honest review for anyone intelligent enough to check this site before entering into a long-standing business relationship, whereby hundreds, and in most cases thousands of dollars would be spent. My wife and I have been customers of the Bridgeport Jared The Galleria of Jewelry for more than five years now, and we've developed strong, friendly personal relationships with many of the sales staff and managers.

Over the course of five years we've purchased all of our precious quality jewelry there, from each daughter's sweet 16 rings, to my wife's cherished Pandora bracelet complete with 10 priceless charms that tell her story. Several necklaces and earrings for gifts, watches, and plans to buy the Tag Heuer my wife has fallen in love with for a very nice price tag upon my retirement this coming September. We had fun picking each of these items out as the great sales staff poured time and attention into each purchase that any one of us came to them for. They called us by name, we called them by name.

All that being said, tonight a very disheartening thing happened. I had taken my Raymond Weil watch into them because, after 3 years and incredibly meticulous care, it just stopped. They told me at the time I took it in that the extended warranty I had purchased had only just expired within the last month. I was bummed, but knew that because of the relationship we had developed, and the thousands of dollars we had spent with the intention of spending thousands more over the life of our family with so many women, girls, guys who love a good deal and great customer service, and even the friends we had already sent there... It would all be good and they would take care of the watch for me. After all, that's what I would have done, that's what any company offering quality goods and stellar customer service would do.

Sadly, that's not what happened, not at all. After waiting three weeks to find out what was wrong with my watch, and what they might be able to do for me, I was contacted by someone I didn't know who was well prepped to explain to me that the watch needed a new movement because it had moisture damage. I wore this watch maybe three times a month, and the rest of the time it was kept securely in a dry, moisture free case. I was also told that it was going to cost $225 to fix. WHAT?? I didn't know this person, and she wasn't offering any helpful advice on how this was going to get taken care of. After talking to someone I did know, Lisa, a wonderful lady who always remembered me and my family by name from the first time she helped us, I was reassured that she would make sure I was taken care of. Alas, not so.

The manager called several minutes later, a gal by the name of Jill, who apparently didn't care about the strong business relationship I had developed with her store. She informed me in a very straight, almost monotone voice and demeanor that the warranty had expired and there was nothing more they could do, twice. I was honestly floored. I understand about warranties, that's not in question, what I don't understand is an inherent lack of caring for good customers, customers you know are going to be coming back, spending more money with you, bringing their friends. We won't be going back to Jared The Galleria of Jewelry. We enjoyed the relationships we fostered, but had I read any one of the countless reviews from this site prior to our first purchase, we never would have wasted our time, and apparently our money.

In this day and age with the competition that exists to deliver exceptional customer service it is completely shocking that Jared is still in business! I paid $90 for a Pandora bracelet that I got through their online department. The package apparently was lost. They never showed me any proof of anything, just said that the package getting lost is not their responsibility!!! They never refunded me or replaced the item. I have never had a similar experience with any other vendor. When I reached out to their customer care department, I came across very rude and unprofessional individuals who make me feel even worse. Make sure you use a reputable credit card so that you can fight it with your bank. I felt completely stolen from Jared.

Took a 1 carat ring into their store and one of the "diamond repairers" said my diamond was loose and he needed to keep it immediately to fix the prongs and secure the diamond. I got my ring, which he did not want to relinquish, and headed to my regular jeweler. He showed me the prongs were not loose and the diamond was secure. The man just wanted to swap out my diamond, which was a very good one, for a cheap imitation. This is my opinion and mine alone. Why else would he want to keep my ring and for me not to walk out of the store with it?

Unfortunately, we made the mistake of purchasing a watch and wedding rings from Jared. Needless to say the only thing they can do in the store inspect my jewelry and rhodium plate it. Other than that forget it. They have an excuse for why they cannot do anything. This is the latest. My Tissot watch is missing a pin for the band. of course they could not do anything with the watch, it would have to be shipped out. When my watch needed a battery, "sorry. We have to ship it out." My husband's 2nd wedding band has to be shipped out to be replaced and the reality of it is you have no choice if you want to use the extended service plan or warranty to cover it. Even though they are right there to greet you as you walk in the door don't let that fool you into thinking they have great customer service. That is the furthest thing from the truth. There again excuse after excuse.

My next big complaint with them is the amount of time I have to spend in the store in order to leave my wedding ring to be re-plated. It is roughly 45 minutes, between filling out the paperwork, the clerk has to draw a picture of my ring so to know it is the ring I brought (have they ever heard of a camera?). Then after the picture is draw and the paperwork is completed then I have to sign (you think you are done but nope not yet). Now the manager has to sign. The whole process is around 45 minutes, just to drop a ring off for servicing. MY ADVICE IS TO STAY FAR FAR AWAY FROM JARED. THEY ARE NO MORE THAN A MALL JEWELRY STORE.

This experience relates to the Jared's in Rockville. I very seldom write bad reviews (even when unhappy), because I don't like being negative. However, the experience of getting wedding bands from Jared's was bad for multiple reasons, so in this case, I am taking out the time to do this. My husband had gotten the engagement ring for me somewhere else and now I wish we had done the same for our wedding bands. We made a custom design with Jared's, nothing too elaborate, but still custom.

Well, not only did they get some of the details on one of the rings wrong after they kept forgetting and re-asking how we wanted things, but they talked to us with an air of superiority. The first person who began helping us was great (but I am convinced she is their only good employee) and as we were deciding what we wanted, she showed us the kinds of things we indicated we were interested in. But then she had to transfer us to someone else to be helped and it all went downhill from there.

The man who then began helping us was just plain annoying and would keep talking about and trying to sell us merchandise even after we politely indicated that we were looking for something else. Then we bounced around between 2 different employees who would take turns wasting our time and talking about how nice our rings would be and that we would like them and explaining things we didn't care about before finally half-way answering questions we had actually asked. Then they made a mistake in the payment and wouldn't let my husband pay the whole amount when he had made a special trip to the store to do so.

They then call right after our wedding and want us to come back just to pay the remainder (like we just want to waste more of our time). When we indicated that we were not pleased with the service, we were brushed off with a "well, the rings turned out good" and they gave us a clumsy, cheap bracelet holder and expected that this dollar store item should make us happy and make up for the hours of our time that they wasted. (We didn't bother making them correct the mistake on the one - we were done dealing with them.)

The process was long and filled with incompetence. On top on multiple individuals being bad at their jobs, several of the employees would say things that implied, "sorry for his error, let me take care of you." Right after we pointed out an error the blame - shifter had made. Most of the employees said a lot of words, but there tended to be little actual content and meaning those words - it was excessive babble.

Jared is a place you can go for jewelry that is nice, and not too expensive. The stores are very clean and well thought out. The displays are easy to see and understand what they are selling. The staff is knowledgeable and friendly and polite, and they know the products that they sell, and will work with the customer to find just the right gift for the occasion.

I attempted to place an order online that never was processed and yet they still charged my card. I never received an email or a confirmation number of this purchase. So I called the next day and spoke to 4 different customer service reps and a supervisor who all not only gave me different responses but also are telling me that I have to wait 24 to 48 hours to get my money back that they put on hold. Now my issue is if my order wasn't processed nor did I receive a confirmation or email which is supposed to be their policy. Who the hell do they think they are to tell me when I can have my hard earned money!!! This company is a scam and I'm highly upset that I have to deal with this only days before Christmas. I would never recommend this site to anyone else and I can only pray that they didn't do this to anyone else at this time.

I received a "new" Citizen watch as a gift, bought at an Atlanta area Jared The Galleria Of Jewelry. The watch came without documentation in what looked like a worn box. I contacted the store it had been purchased from and they said they had no record of it being sold there. I pressed the matter and they found out it had been sold from their store but there was no documentation. They tracked the watch to an outlet in Connecticut that said they "may have special-ordered" the watch but that it was the Atlanta store's responsibility to track. Neither store would say whether this was a new watch or a return. The Atlanta store was sure it was the Connecticut store's fault and vice versa. The Atlanta store refuses to take the watch back either for a refund or an exchange. Tracking and research is up to me. Jared's policy is "you're on you're own."

I began the process of ordering a necklace online last evening. The webpage for Jared's was extremely slow and tried to spoof a "protection" service for my credit card. When I said "no thanks", it sat for over 5 min with completing the transaction. I logged out, and repeated the transaction again believing the first attempt was unsuccessful. As it turns out, both transactions went through, but I was not aware of this until I check my email the next morning and saw there were two confirmations for two different transactions. I call and was told that a transaction can only be canceled within an hour of being placed. Be aware of their crappy website. Their return better be free and the refund quick. Never using this crappy company again.

I went to the store to see if I qualified for a credit increase and it's not even two months that I've paid my balance off. They advised me my card account was closed after reviewing me for an increase because I had delinquent activity on my credit history, mind you my credit score has increased, one doctor bill hit my credit, and I forgot to pay my student loan. I was never late paying them and always paid on time. The card is a ripoff, they stole money from me and after I paid my balance off they decided to completely close my account and try to apply again in six months. If this is the way their system work I will never get a credit card from them again because they could do whatever they want to and good payment history with them doesn't matter. Be sure to read the fine print in their credit application because what I experienced was in there but didn't think they would cancel due to two delinquent activities on my account!!!

I had my new Tag sent in for service when the rotor detached inside the watch. While waiting I read the reviews on here about Jared and got pretty scared. When I got my watch back the case back was all scuffed from the removal tool so I reached out to corporate. I must say, they really did right by me. I'm sure a lot of the stories on here did happen. I'm just here to voice my experience because the main store can only do so much. Some might find more assistance dealing directly to corp. They exchanged my watch, I upgraded, and they even called me back the next day to make sure I was still a happy customer. I don't know if it's the store I go to, or if I just have spent more than others so was treated better but I was def. not ignored or left to fester. I will buy from Jared again. I might not let them work on another luxury timepiece, and won't purchase the watch warranty, but I will def. continue to purchase. Thank you Jared.

About a year ago I took my Tissot watch to Jared jewelry to have the battery replaced. Had I read the previous reviews concerning this company, I'm sure I would have chosen someone else to complete such a simple task. The watch was working fine, had started slowing down a little, and finally stopped. It had been a little over a year from the last battery service, so I figured it was time to have it changed. The technician at Jared took my watch to the back of the store and stated it would only take about 10 min. to replace it. A few seconds later the tech. came out and said the watch was broken and a new battery would not repair it. They said they could send it out for repair, and in the worst case it would cost approx. $120.00.

I told them I wanted it checked out and gave them the required deposit. They called about three weeks and said the entire internal works had gone bad, and it would cost approx. $240.00 to repair it. I asked why they told me $125. at the most, and they apologized for the misunderstanding and refunded my deposit. I have a Pulsar watch that is also an electric. The battery went bad and I took it to another jeweler to replace it, and they were very nice and only charged $10.00. I told them about the Tissot, and they asked me to bring it in and they might be able to do something with it.

When the Jeweler took the back off, she wanted to know who had worked on the watch. I told her the only time it had been worked on was by Jared. She showed me where the inside case had been scratched and the "coil" had been damaged. She said it would require a new works, but there was no way it could have been damaged unless the back had been removed. Jared was the only company that had ever worked on the watch, and the only people to ever remove the back. After reading other reviews about Jared and seeing that other people have had the same experience with them, I decided to call their customer service. I was told that I waited too long to complain, and there was nothing they could do. It appears this a common practice with them, so I'm not surprised. THE ONLY THING I CAN SAY IS DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THEM.

I went to Jared this evening to get a new battery for my Raymond Weil watch. The time had been slowing down last week. I reset the time a couple of times and then it finally stopped. I realized I needed a new battery. I thought I was going to get a professional jeweler to change my battery. Instead I got a young salesperson named Meghan (did not give me her last name). She was quick to tell me that for $24.99 I get a battery change for life. I said, "OK." She took my watch. About 10 min later she returns and tells me, "Are you aware that the pull out winder to set your watch is broken?" I said, "No."

Was asking if it was a wind up winder or pull out winder. I said, "Pull out winder." She stated that it was broken and she noticed it after she changed the battery and tried to set the time. I told her the winder had been fine, I had re-set the time a couple of times last week, then watch went in my drawer for a couple of days until today when I wore it to remind myself to get a new battery.

She went to get another salesperson?? He did not introduce himself. He asked again if my watch winder had been broken. I said the watch was fine until I brought it in. He said they could send it out to Raymond Weil to get repaired. I asked, "How long it would take?" He stated, "Around 6 weeks." I asked, "How much is this going to cost me?" He stated, "I don't know but they will tell you once they see what's wrong with it." He then walked away. At that point in time, I just asked them to give me my old battery back and my watch back. I noticed that Meghan's hands were shaking and she had trouble putting the back of my watch back on.

If my winder had been broken prior to going there, it would have been missing because now it does not stay in place anymore at all, it just falls off. Meghan obviously broke my watch, maybe hoping for a new purchase--not sure. Based on the reviews I have read, it is a possibility. I plan to call the store and speak to the store manager. I am trying to keep an open mind and hope that they will do the honorable thing. I will follow up after I speak to the store manager.

In 2011 purchased a beautiful ring with a nice .67 vs2 radiant cut center, a Jared's engagement ring with diamond accents. Then a few years later, I had them change the setting to half bezel from prong. I also did their buy up program with my diamond. The "description" states that the clarity was a Si2... 1.3ct. I needed cataract surgery, had vision issues. I might have told them that.

It's i2... or 2 steps below my paperwork. Well, I went 2 weeks ago to an independent, custom jewelry maker to design a new ring for the stone. GUESS WHAT!!! ITS A CRAPPY DIAMOND!!! NOT EVEN WORTH THE SETTING!!! Wonder what it would look like to have their jeweler look at it and tell me what they see... unwittingly. I believed them in the quality at their word and paperwork. I also bought another ring at 2k as a loyal customer. I won't make that mistake again!!! Do not use JARED'S AT COLORADO MILLS!!! Do not trust them!

I wish I could do less than 1 star. I purchased a Tag Heuer watch here for my husband as a wedding gift. It was not cheap. We were going back and forth between a couple different watches. The salesperson (some guy can't remember his name unfortunately) said that due to my husband's profession (he is a mechanic at a dealership) he should go with the Tag watch I ended up purchasing. The salesperson exact words were "this watch is indestructible and would be just fine to wear to work everyday." So with that being said he wore it to wear everyday. Well a little over 1.5 years later the hands on the time piece fall off. Well I am aware that Tag offers a 2 year warranty.

So we take the watch back to Jared and they send it off. Tag says that they will not cover it under warranty due to the fact the timepiece has "shock". So they want to charge me $650ish and I said no way. I explained to them what their employee told me when I purchased it and they just don't care. I called Tag themselves and explained to them the situation. Well then Tag explained to me that working on cars can cause shock to this watch. That it is not indestructible. So I ended up getting the cost down from Tag to about $400.00 but then I wanted the Jared store to split this cost with me. And the lady was extremely rude to me saying that it's my responsibility to pay this not theirs. I told them to go ahead and repair the watch but in the meantime I am going to try to find a way to have Jared pay for this.

I was mislead when I purchased this time piece. I was willing to split the cost 50/50 with them. Now I am going to find a way to get in touch with someone and try to get them to pay 100% of this. This has also gone on way too long. We dropped the timepiece off on 07/20/16 and I am always the one to initiate the calls to Jared. THEY JUST DON"T CARE!! They will tell you whatever you want to hear so that they make a sale. This is by far the worse experience I have ever had with a jeweler. And to think I have made quite a few purchases here. I will never again. I have purchased 2 Tag timepieces and our wedding rings. I have spent quite a bit of money here and this is how they want to treat a good customer. Well I am going to spread the word on how horrible this place really is.

Been trying to pay my bill for over two weeks now, but 'new & improved' website will not allow it. I see a balance, but cannot pull up my statement, cannot even submit a complaint on their 'contact us' screen. Even though you are signed into your account, you are required to re-key in all redundant information. Then you keep getting image verification screens, one after another, so your complaint never gets registered with Jared. You call into their customer service center and they just use the same excuse that their website people are 'working on it' to fix it. Problem is if you don't pay your bill by due date, you will be charged horrendous interest charges. Maybe that's Jared's point??

Do not get the Jared The Galleria Of Jewelry Credit Card account. I pay my bills and this one is no different. I pay on or before the day it's due. Jared has the practice of saying you still owe double the amount even though the month is paid and the next bill period has not come up yet. When you call them to clear up the misinformation they say the system won't allow them. This is a technical problem to a bad system that they have been battling since the day they built their website. It's a systemic problem which they hide behind foggy mirrors and bad customer service. They don't know how to fix the website, so they say that their system just hasn't synced yet till the next bill cycle, but it just compounds the confusion.

No one over there can really explain what is wrong with their website or the system. Their website also has major issues on mobile like 403 errors. This is bad coding. They need to be investigated as this is a harassing practice. Playing games with the Past Due notice is not professional and the lack of technical expertise is rather scary. They are very amateur, rude, and completely incompetent. This is basic practice for any credit card. Since Jared is not an official credit company I suggest you completely avoid Jared The Galleria Of Jewelry. Bad company and they are affiliated with Kay.

Package stolen from door step and Jared refuses to reimburse or replace merchandise. A poor way to maintain customers! Very disappointed since it was a Christmas gift that never was and Jared claims no responsibility! Will never do business with retailer again!

The salespeople at Jared push a customer that buys an expensive watch to buy the lifetime battery warranty for $150 because a watch replacement and revealing the watch is very expensive. The warranty only covers the battery when you try to use it, the installation is not covered. The watch battery only costs $25. They even tried to explain that the battery probably isn't the cause. Since I had this experience, I found out that other people have experienced this same issue.

Purchased two Tag Heuer watches from Jared in 2010. About one month apart and during each purchase, I added on their Ultimate Watch Plan that was supposed to provide lifetime protection. All Tag Heuer watches come with a 2 year warranty. I recently took my watch in to be serviced and was told that I would have to pay for the repairs because my watches were no longer covered. I informed them that I paid an additional 300.00 for the Ultimate Watch Plan to which they responded had also expired because it was only good for two years. I then explained to them that was incorrect and asked why would I purchase a 2 year warranty when my watch came with a 2 year warranty from the manufacturer. They did not answer but reiterated the warranty has expired. They lied and ripped me off.

I recently got married and my husband and I got our wedding bands and my engagement ring at Jared's. Overall it has been a very good experience. The customer service has been very good. The salesman were not overly pushy and allowed us to picked out the appropriate rings for our needs. What really impressed me the most was a couple months after our big day, the store called to see how our wedding went. It was a very positive experience and I will definitely consult with Jared's for all my future jewelry needs.

On July 24th 2009 about 08:20 PM my wife and I went to purchase two wedding rings for our 30th anniversary at the Jared store located on Route 4, Paramus, NJ. After we decided for our purchase and had our measurements taken, we waited over one half hour without being informed about anything that was causing this delay. After all this period, my wife asked one of the sales people regarding the delay and found out that they had difficulties entering our data in the computer. At that very moment one man that appeared to be the manager on duty start telling us that they cannot complete the sale because they need one of our email addresses, otherwise we cannot complete your purchase. We never ever were being exposed before to this kind of discrimination or bad practices in our life and denied purchasing because I declined to share private information. This purchase was to be on one of our major credit cards.

By the way we have two houses, two brand new cars, major credit cards with an outstanding credit history and never ever we were denied any one of them or any purchase because we declined to provide private information, especially an email address. Having in view this unnecessary humiliation, discrimination and mistreatment that we were exposed in one of your stores, we would like to find out your position on this matter and what kind of measures are you taking to prevent this kind of unacceptable behaviors. If you have any further questions please feel free to contact us.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Jared The Galleria of Fine Jewelry is a jewelry company founded in 1993 that is now also owned by Signet Jewelers. Headquartered in Akron, Ohio, the company has retail jewelry stores across the nation. They are considered to be Signet's "off-mall" store, which means that Jared the Galleria of Jewelry stores are located in smaller shopping malls and shopping centers.

• Online and retail shopping available: Jared offers customers the convenience of shopping for their products either online or in retail stores.
  • Charitable giving: In addition to selling jewelry, Jared supports charities, including the American Diabetes Association and Jewelers for Children. The company is also one of the largest supporters of St. Jude Children's Research Hospital in Memphis, Tennessee.
  • Lifetime guarantee: The company offers a lifetime guarantee on all diamonds and gemstones, as long as six-month inspections of the stones are done by an authorized representative.
  • Stone replacement: Jared will replace any stone, diamond or gem if it chips, breaks or is lost from its original setting if the piece is inspected every six months.
  • Diamond trade-ins: Customers have the option of trading in any diamond product for a diamond of equal or lesser value should they be interested in a different product. Trade-ins can be transacted at any brick-and-mortar Jared location.
  • Best for Couples getting engaged and customers looking to buy a luxury gift.

Compare Jewelry Stores