1.57/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Last updated: April 14, 2018

56 Hobby Lobby Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: April 14, 2018

I recently went to the Hobby Lobby in Lakewood WA. I was very discriminated against by a sales rep. I have never been treated so, in any business. I was called a derogatory name and then was discriminated against by this store. I ask to speak to the manager and the manager never came to address the problem. This company is very discriminating in how the employees treat other people.

Original review: March 8, 2018

Long story short, cashier was useless - would not/could not answer simple questions or provide any service whatsoever, ignored me while I stood there (right after I made my purchase) with a simple issue, then rudely told me she couldn't help. She kept her back to me the entire time. The lady behind me was so pissed at how I was treated, she called the manager! The manager was less than helpful. The entire place is staffed by Stepford people who all look like they despise both their jobs AND the customer.

Get expert buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2018

I and two of my girlfriends went to Hobby Lobby early on a Saturday morning. We have been doing this for years now. We were followed around the store and then followed out to the parking lot when we were done with our purchases. One of the employees that looked like a manager actually took a picture of the back of my girlfriend's truck. We called corporate and were not given any explanation for the way we were treated and for the invasion of our privacy (the picture). None of us or our friends and family will be shopping at Hobby Lobby anymore. They treat their customers poorly to say the very least.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2018

Thank you Hobby Lobby for putting all your yarn on sale. I love this yarn is a great yarn. And with the 30% off on all yarn allowed me to stock up today. And will be going back to buy more this week. Hope you start doing this sale more often... My only problem is I always come out with more than just yarn. I can stay in your store for hours... I also wish you did the coupons on the total sale. Like some of the other big name craft stores.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2018

I love shopping the clearance aisle because I can find expensive products for a cheap price and get to try out things I'd otherwise not get to try. I found some cardboard product pacers that they use for more expensive items (so they can't be stolen) and decided to get them. It was a great deal. I went to go pay and was rung up appropriately. She called the office to have the products brought to the register, as those products are kept in the office until paid for. Great! Well the manager calls up and says he can't locate the products and won't be honoring the prices. Truly false advertising!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hobby Lobby?

Original review: Jan. 2, 2018

I shop at Hobby Lobby frequently and it seems as if every time I visit this store there is a security alert. It happens so often that it starts to feel normal. When I first walk in the door and go to the first aisle, someone will get on the intercom and say security scan a certain area. As I move to another aisle the intercom will then say security scan a new area. When I return back to the same area I just left to make sure I’m not crazy, the intercom will say security scan the same area they announced when I walked in the door. What are the odds of this happening every time I visit this store. I continue to shop because I’ve convinced myself I’m being paranoid and then the intercom mentions that they have Oxnard PD on a phone extension number.

Then the intercom asks for an active scan of the area and I see employees following me from aisle to aisle. After getting what I needed, I head to the front of the store where I noticed a circle of employees standing at the front door and as I walk up to the register, they look at me and dispersed like they were no longer looking as if my position at the register was a breath of fresh air. As I stood in line, an employee walks straight up between the register staring at me with a smirk on her face so I asked if she was opening up the register I was standing next to. My thought was maybe she was a cashier and was trying to help with the line and just happened to be irritated because she had to. But, she walks right past me squeezing between myself and the register when There was ample space to maneuver elsewhere because there was only one register opened.

As she passed by saying no she’s not at that register I respond with, "My apologies you’re just walking around," and she sarcastically responded with, "Yes I’m just walking around." This made my blood boil at the rudeness and unprofessional nature of the employees at this store. As I finished checking out, I took my buggy and placed it back in the cart holder and when I turned around security was following me and when she caught me looking at her, she turned around and walked off quickly towards the flower section.

I am not sure what’s going on where Hobby Lobby feels the need to make their customers feel like criminals but they should do a better job of the level of professionalism when handling these situations. Even if I was being paranoid the constant loudspeaker of security activity while customers is shopping is enough to make people uncomfortable in that shopping environment. In today’s environment, when I hear security alerts like that I feel the need to protect myself and family given the amount of shootings going on.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2017

I just tried to return some fabric to Hobby Lobby which my son purchased (paying cash) less than two weeks ago. I had the receipt. My return was refused because I didn't have the "pink receipt" from the fabric department. Apparently, the price isn't an indicator of what you actually received and what you paid?? Back home I went. Dug through three wastebaskets and two trash bags which had the remnants of mine and my son's Christmas crafting extravaganzas. I found the "pink receipt." The Pink Receipt has NOTHING relating to which fabric was cut or how priced. It is handwritten. It has the yardage - "1" and a price next to it.

This is less info than appears on the cash register receipt. I am certain that this "policy" which isn't written ANYWHERE is specifically designed because most people toss away cutting table yardage receipts but keep the cash register receipt. When I questioned the manager as to why this requirement wasn't posted on either the website or printed on receipts, she just shrugged and blew me off. I am expecting that my $12.99 yardage will be called the "SALE PRICE" and there is no way to prove it, differently. I haven't shopped at a Hobby Lobby since they decided to fight the ACA provisions for their employees on "religious grounds." I just added another reason why I won't shop there - ever.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2017

I have never been so embarrassed. I walked into Hobby Lobby to return items. I go to this store several times a week because it's close to my doctors and I'm a card maker and crafter. I'm always friendly to everyone but today was different. I stand in line to return and when I get there I explain I do not have a receipt and understood if they could not accept that. I have never returned or exchanged items there but have stood in line while others have. They give you your money or store credit. But for me they called the manager and he was very rude from the start. I was interrogated about what store they were from and told they were going to verify my purchase in a very accusing tone.

I waited for the manager to come back when over the PA system the manager was told the police department was on line 1. I was mortified, everyone looked at me and my unfortunate friend who came with me. Finally the manager came out and gave me a refund but only at discounted prices which he at that point was being friendly. But They accused me of stealing then smiled in my face. This is harassment at its finest. I've never done anything to them or their establishment to make them treat me this way.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

I ordered a shelf online from Hobby Lobby and when I received the package in the mail, it was completely broken. I kept my receipt and took it back to Hobby Lobby and expressed my situation and asked for my money back. They told me they can't accept my return because it is damaged. I said "well I didn't damage it, and that it was delivered to me that way". The lady called the manager Bryan from the Allen Store, and he came up and told me very rudely, we can't take it back and said I would have to call corporate and tell them, and I have to send it back. What the hell? I'm not using my money, or my gas to ship crap back that was damaged. I have lost total interest in Hobby Lobby. You would think a Manager would be respectful and nice, especially since it is Christmas time, instead Mr. ** Scrouge informed me of Hobby Lobby's new return policy.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2017

The store has sales signs everywhere. Today they had 50% off signs above shelves of products. I picked out items right below the signs, thinking I was getting 50% off. When I got to the register, the clerk said some of the items aren't on sale, because they are not made of particular materials. I had picked out some decorative switch plates that were right below the sign, but the clerk said they are made of resin not metal or wood, so aren't for sale!! How am I suppose to know what materials they are? It's a ploy to get you to buy it once you're checking it out. I kept the switch plates, but refused to buy other items that weren't on sale. It is misleading advertising to say the least. And they call themselves Christians... What a joke!!

Original review: Nov. 30, 2017

I've shopped at Hobby Lobby many of times and most of the time I have no complaints. However, today pushed me over the edge. In Jackson, TN I came across a luggage box with the Paris theme on it and I wanted it. The tag said it was marked down from $100 to $60. I opened it and it had two smaller boxes inside of it. Didn't see a price tag on them so like a normal person you assume it's a set. Get to the register and she starts ringing them up separately. So this is almost to the line of false advertisement. If they are separate then they should be sitting out separately. The women were quite rude too in explaining it as well. So very unhappy and disappointed!

Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

Hobby Lobby manager in Helena Montana walked up to my husband and I (we live in a small town) and accused us of writing bad checks. He got in my husband's face and said he "recognized" him and that we were not allowed to leave and that he would call police! He was WRONG! He shouted at us in front of customers claiming we wrote bad checks over a year ago which didn't happen. He then tried to detain us and told us we couldn't leave as we stood there in the store with our infant daughter and everyone staring. I called corporate about this and we left the store... this manager was aggressive and rude and violated their own policy even if it were a real issue of us doing something wrong! I will never ever shop at the Helena Hobby Lobby again!

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

My 16 year old son and I went to the Hobby Lobby store in Coral Springs, Florida last week. He has Autism and carries around a pointer for comfort. We went into the store, but they didn't have what I was looking for, so we left. Right outside the door, a young clerk stopped us and asked if we were paying for that. I didn't have anything in my hands, so I looked at my son.

He put his hands in his pockets and showed me he didn't have anything, so I asked the girl what she was talking about. She pointed to his pointer, which was clearly used because it had teeth marks from my son chewing on it. I had no idea they even sold them. She said they were right out in front. I went back into the store and showed the Manager and they didn't even care, so I walked right out and called customer service to lodge a complaint. They took my information down. I said that I wanted some type of compensation for this and although they apologized, they wouldn't do anything. I AM NEVER GOING BACK TO HOBBY LOBBY AGAIN!!!

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

MGR Tracie in need of TRAINING - RTN at store 196 - My daughter needed supplies to build a pyramid for a school history project. We bought a number of items, including a great deal of floral foam in different shapes, sizes and conditions, uncertain what would work best and how much we would need. Some of the foam was dented and poked, but we didn't care because we were planning to cut, shave and/or hot glue it into a pyramid shape. When we checked out, the clerk didn't mention anything about the foam having imperfections.

After completing the project, I went to the store to return the unused foam and was told that one particular piece, which had some poked holes in it needed manager approval to return because it had holes in it already. I explained that it looked that way when I bought it and that we weren't using it for flowers, but rather to make a pyramid project.

I also showed her the dents and fingerprint indentations on the other pieces. The manager, Tracie (complete lack of customer service know how), came over. She WOULD NOT look at me, even when I attempted to speak directly to her to again explain what we used the materials for and that the pieces were all "pockmarked" when we bought them. Ignoring me completely, never looking me in the eye, Ms. Tracie tells the clerk, "No, we can't resell that. It looks like it's been used." It was a $9 piece of foam. I spent over $150 on CRAFT SUPPLIES for my daughter to make a SCHOOL PROJECT. Do you REALLY think I would try to rip you off for $9?!?! THINK ABOUT IT.

I hope that someone at headquarters takes Ms. Tracie aside and advises her of the following two things; 1. Not looking at your customers while you talk about them is RUDE and DISRESPECTFUL. 2. Stating that something looks used to another employee in front of the customer returning the item is an accusation of the customer being dishonest, which is also INSULTING to honest people and NOT customer friendly.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

Hobby Lobby Is A Front For the Peoples Republic of China - I love the selection at Hobby Lobby and the stores are all clean, well-organized and stock plenty of stuff. Problem is, MOST of that "stuff" is "Made in China", not "Made in the USA". Notice that on any given Saturday, most Hobby Lobby stores do not have a large staff on hand in the store - except at the registers to get customers out of the stores quickly. Try to ask a question or get a price scanned and you may be searching for a while. Their model for day-to-day operation seems to be "bare bones" except to ring up the profits for the Green Family, worth over $6 Billion Dollars as of 2017. Owner and CEO David Green is #234 on Forbes List of International Billionaires. Capitalism is Great, but Hobby Lobby's supply partners are not Capitalists in any sense.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

I don't approve of Hobby Lobby's politics and its attempt to hide its misogynistic treatment of its female employees under the guise of religion. However, I've shopped there twice and am astounded at the comments here that say their prices are fair. I used a 40% off coupon for an item and after I got home I comparison shopped and even with the coupon it was STILL 3 times more expensive. I usually comparison shop first but my husband had to go in for emergency surgery and I wanted to get something to pass the time while I waited. The item will be returned and Hobby Lobby just lost a customer for life.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2017

My local Hobby Lobby, in Tallahassee Florida, has twice the floor space and items as other craft stores like Michael's. I realize they have less than popular politics concerning women in the workplace and policies concerning gay employees. But you should review the store itself and not their corporate policies. That said, my local Hobby Lobby is clean, well organized, and the staff is helpful and friendly. I have started going to Hobby Lobby once or twice a month just because of how much I like the store. The prices are fair and they have great sales. I was recently complimented personally by a member of the sales staff and she was very helpful and courteous. She answered my questions intelligently and even made some suggestions. They have so many good, quality products, I actually just made my first online purchase from their website and that was a great experience as well.

I would (and have) recommended this store to my friends and family. I had a pleasant shopping experience, too many people are rude customers and complain to managers about the staff so I wanted to come here and give positive credit where credit is due. Thanks to the wonderful employees of Hobby Lobby, you have helped me get back into art projects and crafts in general!

Original review: Sept. 19, 2017

I normally do a lot of shopping at Hobby Lobby despite my difference in views on their beliefs. However that is about to change due to their blatant lack of customer service. They would rather lose customers than make a reasonable accommodation for a customer! Last week I spent $200 and the cashier told me I could get a price adjustment with my receipt on many of the products this week since they will be on sale. Well what she didn't tell me was I would have to bring in my products. I went to get my adjustment and was told They could not do it without the products. Since they are all mounted to my walls and not easily taken down, I asked if I could find them in the store and/or show them photos of what they were. I was told no.

So I contacted corporate and received the response stating that is their policy. No suggestions on how they can help. Just that he will forward my feedback to the appropriate department. He doesn't even answer my question in the second email. I know they don't care about my $200 in the grand scheme of things, but they should care about the image they portray to their customers. Maybe my standards are too high? I expect more when it comes to customer service.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2017

Yesterday afternoon I drove from Johnson City, Tn. to Hobby Lobby in Kingsport, Tn. I have been to this Hobby Lobby many times but until yesterday I have never been impressed with any employee. They will speak when needed and if I asked for any assistance it was always provided but only as far as the job description required. My question would be answered with the minimal amount of words and they immediately turn their back and continue what they were doing. That has been my experience every time until yesterday when I asked the fabric associate Brooke a question. She turned toward me with a smile and not only did she answer my question but she stopped what she was doing to help me find what I was searching for.

I had originally only planned to purchase one small item in fabrics. Because of Brooke's helpful nature, I ended up spending several hundred dollars in fabrics. Brooke was the epitome of the Hobby Lobby associate every employee should strive to be. She answered every question with a smile and made me feel that I was the most important customer of the day even when I was only planning to spend less than $10.00 in fabrics. I never write reviews but I was so impressed with Brooke I wanted the Hobby Lobby management to know what an outstanding employee they have in her.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2017

The Manager Pete and Assistant Manager (NEEDS MAJOR ATTITUDE CHANGE) at the Las Cruces, NM location are extremely rude. They have no right to treat everyone who shops there as if they are criminals. They follow you around as if you're going to steal. But, when you need help finding something, there is no one in sight. I bought a few items, as I walked out the metal detector beeps, they ask for my bag. I give it to them. They have me walk through with my purse, I beep. The woman who was helping me, had called for the manager. He asked me to open my purse I did, then he told me to empty it out, I did, he claimed that I stole a Lip Smacker Disney from them, I told them I just got it at Walgreens. Pulled out my receipt. Then without my permission he started looking thru my purse.

I told him it could be my phone. His response "I doubt it." I told him my husband put a magnet in my case so I can place it on the cradle on my dashboard. He seemed to doubt me again, I told him if you're accusing me of something I would like the police to be here. Did he call? Nope! He took my phone it beeps. I said isn't that what I just said? I asked for an apology. Didn't get one. I was so upset and angry at the same time. I tend to cry when I get mad, I walked as fast as I could to the car. I did go on to the Hobby Lobby site to rate it. But it won't allow me to place a half star. Karma is a **. I will never go back. I'm glad my Sister held her heavy Louisiana Accent Composure.

Original review: June 10, 2017

When you first arrive, you have no idea where to find your item. They have no floor plan and when you ask for help, no one reaches out. One time I had a cashier ring me for help. I waited for 10 minutes. 10 MINUTES! I left. Forget about getting through any of the checking lines quickly. They are unbelievably slow, so come mentally prepared.

Original review: June 1, 2017

I am a frequent Hobby Lobby shopper, but if their customer service headquarters can't fix this I will never step foot into a Hobby Lobby again! I came to Hobby Lobby today to return some things with and without a receipt, the return was ok, if they were a bit confused about the policies etc... I was upset that on a $15 item, I only got $6 back, but hey, I get it, I had no receipt. Anyhow, I was looking at possibly learning a couple new crafts to add to my repertoire, crafting can get expensive, and I am a thrifty shopper, so I perused the clearance stuff too. Before I knew it, this happens to me frequently, I had a bunch of stuff in my cart.

I started to put stuff away and noticed that the manager who signed off on my return earlier was following me around. I engaged her in conversation and I tried to walk away from her, but this woman became my shadow. Ugh... I was getting really upset. I did everything I could think of to show her I wasn't doing anything wrong, as I was getting really uncomfortable and felt like I was being harassed. I even turned my purse almost inside out in front of her. I went to check out and she was right there, I almost wanted to say, "Are you ready to go to the front of the store now?" But I refrained. I handed the cashier my free fliers (I always get any I don't have, they're great for inspiration) and told her that I might have something stuck in them, and please check for me. The manager reiterated what I had said and told her to check between each one... Crazy. I left with such a bad experience I don't know what to think or do.

The manager even told me to have a good night. What a joke. Their 1-800 number isn't open until the AM, I am so upset to have been treated this way. I am a Christian, and I would have been ashamed of myself for behaving like this if it was me. I even called the store, asked for a manager and got the one who followed me. Her excuse, when someone gets stuff and puts it back it raises a red flag, and when someone picks up lots of fliers. Also when someone has a large purse, and gets into their purse. I was astounded by her excuse. I understand the need to protect your merchandise, but I also know when someone has crossed the line and should back off. Maybe I am wrong, but this is by far the worst treatment I have dealt with in a store and I am just ticked enough to raise all kinds of crap! I think my next stop will be a Google review. Happy to see I'm not alone in the terrible customer service experience.

Original review: May 6, 2017

Went to the store today and bought upholstery material. Went to the cutting table so I can have the yardage I needed, we laid the material on the cutting table and there was an associate over there but she just kept on doing what she was doing and ignoring us. Finally, she asked us if we needed help and she even has the guts to say "I was wondering why you guys are standing here" but she saw us there waiting. Anyway, we finally decided not to get any more stuff and just go pay for our stuff. Got to the register and the cashier didn't even put our merchandise in the bag, she just handed us a sack and want us to bag it ourselves. The thing is that, the sack wasn't big enough. Employees in these store are so rude and no respect at all. I am just glad that there are other places I can go to buy what I need. I know I will not go back in these store anymore. I will take my business somewhere.

Original review: April 28, 2017

After purchasing a stretched canvas print online for $109, I visited Hobby Lobby to have it professionally framed. A week to ten days later I returned and paid $376.90 for the framed artwork. I thought the price charged for framing was ridiculously high, but given the fact that the framed print would hang on the wall behind the couch for years to come, I somehow managed to justify the amount that I paid.

After taking it home and hanging it on the wall, I noticed that the canvas had several ripples in it. So I returned to Hobby Lobby and showed them the defect. The problem, they said, was that the stretch frame that the print came in was warped. I thought that this should have been noticed after the print was framed, if not before. I also felt that Hobby Lobby should make it right without charging me another dime. However, I was charged another $75.62 on top of what I had already paid for framing. My complaint? It's back on the wall behind my couch, but the canvas is still rippled in two spots. And while I love the variety of things offered for sale at Hobby Lobby, I will never give their framing department any more of my business.

Original review: March 20, 2017

When I got to the register I noticed they did not ring up at the sale price, she told me they were not on sale. I explained, "they were next to a 50% sign". The cashier called the manager over and the manager showed me and the sign says in fine print, "$22.99 and up". I again explained, "the sign was right next to these" and she quickly dismissed me with a "well, I'm sorry" and then looked at me as if I was Crazy. Just another example of why you make my shopping experience hard at Hobby Lobby.

Why do I always, or most of the time see 3 to 4 employees standing up front doing nothing but talking while you have customers in line? Well, I ask one day and was told they were all department managers and were not assigned testers. As a guest in your store, it is very disappointing. That you have people just standing around who cannot open a register. I doubt I will return to Hobby Lobby. The sad thing is, I really do like your products, but it's becoming less worth the effort.

Original review: March 20, 2017

Placed an order for hinge clips. Padded envelope weighed 8 ozs. Was charged $7.95 for shipping a first class envelope. USPS charge on their site is $3.39. Hobby Lobby charged a whopping $7.95! OUCH!!! Nice profit on a handling charge.

Original review: March 2, 2017

Went to the Elizabethtown, Ky store. I purchased 9 skeins of yarn on sale to make a project and got a rain check for three more. One of the colors didn't match and I returned the 3 unneeded skeins to exchange for a different color. I was told when I tried to exchange the wrong color that I would have to pay the difference since it was no longer on sale. It was the same brand, same type of yarn, with the only difference being color. I pointed out that I've never had that happen at any other store and the manager there got on the phone with another manager and finally relented. Why should I have to make an extra trip to the store when my rain check product would not be in until the next week? The only reason they received two stars was that they did relent and do an even exchange and the cashier was nice. I don't see my money heading their way again.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2017

Went into Coral Springs location. Wanted to purchase 2 kid's writing books at listed price $1.47 each. Got to register after waiting in line for 9 minutes with only 2 cashiers and 8 people waiting. The sales associate rang up both books for $3.99 each, I showed the associate the price tag that was listed on the both books at $1.47 each. The sales associate called the manager over, the manager clearly saw the Store Error and stated, "Well the books are suppose to be $3.99 each not $1.47, sorry for the misunderstanding." There was no meet in the middle with price since it was clearly a store error. The point is there was no managing of the situation, clearly customer service sucks! Next time I will take my business somewhere else. Shameful???

Original review: Jan. 7, 2017

I recently purchased a new home and have been spending a lot of money on new things for this home that is nearly three times the size of my previous home. I say this so Hobby Lobby knows they could have made a nice little penny off me if they had their "stuff" together. I found the perfect little end table to sit next to my new chaise on their online store. I jumped on it and added it to the cart and the site had a banner that said 40% off highest priced item. Now I'm not dumb and not going to take advantage of that, who wouldn't. The problem is that after applying the code the discount amount was "deducted" but strangely enough the subtotal was exactly the same after the $21+ discount. Now I don't claim to be a math genius but I'm pretty sure when you subtract 40% off something the price is generally, oh I don't know, at least 40% lower, not the same as when you started.

So I thought maybe it will fix during checkout so I hit checkout hoping to see my new total. Nope, same price. My thought on this is how many times have they done this to people who weren't paying attention and just checked out and then realized their discount was no disciplinary not at all... I would have paid the full price as I loved the table but after that I thought "no, I'm not giving my money to a company that is one, either blatantly trying to rip people off, or two, so incompetent they can't maintain a website cart capable of subtraction.

So sadly I'll continue the search for those perfect accent tables, vases, wall art, throws, pillows, lamps and other trinkets. I'm still shopping for at ANOTHER STORE. I already have several things I purchased from the local Hobby Lobby and I'm a crafter so I think from now on I'll take my business across the street to Pat Catan's. I don't like being made to feel I'm being taken advantage of and this experience left a foul taste in my mouth for this company.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2016

1st off, I'm not normally a complainer. It takes a lot to even get me rattled. I am a mother of two teenagers so this bothered me. I'm at the checkout counter and next to my counter an older woman employee answers the phone. I'm assuming for her to answer the phone maybe her position is higher than a cashier, I'm not sure. Obviously someone called to ask if they were hiring. The employee rudely answered "No, we're not", and hung up. Then she said to me, another lady in line, & to a cashier or 2, "We're hiring, but if they're too lazy to get their butt up and come in here and asked if we're hiring and come get an application then I'm just gonna tell them we're not hiring!"

I couldn't help but respond to her, since she was speaking to us, that I have two teenagers at home that were not yet driving because it cost $400 per child to get a driver's course in Louisiana. And added, truly I make my teenagers call and ask if people are hiring so I don't have to waste my time and gas I have little of driving them around. I was pleased that the other customer also chimed in the same.

Regardless, I would think that if you are especially a Christian family store you would not TRY to OUTWARDLY be rude to people because you ASSume are being lazy. Also, the reasons why my teenagers aren't driving, I do know other teenagers whose parents just don't let them drive yet, but expect them to work. And you can work without a driver's license. When I was younger the only way to get a job was to call or look in the paper & send in resume. Many businesses these days ask for an internet application on their site, which scares me, because I'm afraid my child will miss out on an interview if not present. Things have changed drastically but our attitude about anyone wanting your work these days shouldn't be because it's few & far between that want to or even have to. Let's not stomp them just from picking up the phone.

I've owned several furniture stores in the past, in a very small town where most people rented to own their furniture. They walked in off street, even my 2 employees who delivered for me didn't own cars. I KNOW how hard it is working with the public especially when they always want a deal or they always want something free, etc. but your business will be so much better and flourish so much more if you are kind, you do not have a chip on your shoulder, and/or take out your personal views on everyone else. You have no idea what's going on in everyone else's life so be kind. In a Hobby Lobby I always expected that. Maybe I shouldn't have.

Hobby Lobby Company Information