4.0/5 (278 ratings)

About Hobby Lobby

Hobby Lobby Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hobby Lobby?

Original review: Nov. 8, 2022

I have bought many things for my place at the Springfield, OR store. The last two times I was followed extensively and when I went up to check out the cashier announced over the intercom "Springfield Police Line 2." She looked right at me with a contemptuous look on her face. I remembered hearing the same announcement the previous visit at about the same time, when I was almost done. Then when I finally got done I felt someone still watching me and turned around to see a female employee follow me out then do an about face. I'm not a paranoid person and used to work in Loss Prevention. They are setting themselves up for litigation because I will be recording them with my glasses.

Original review: July 15, 2022

Placed order on 7/1, received email that they canceled order, for no reason whatsoever on 7/5. Took 24 hours for them to reorder. Charged card second time, yet another phone call to get that reversed. Never received email with tracking number, received. Incorrect tracking number on 7/8. Received email on 7/10 stating one item was unavailable! Still no correct tracking number. 7/10 received tracking number, item had only a label created and had not been received by shipper yet!! They have refused to cancel my order until I receive it and ship it back! I will never spend one penny at any Hobby Lobby, online or in store, again.

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2022

This review is based on my experience returning an item that was unknowingly damaged upon purchasing it. This item had a 90 day return policy. So once we discovered it was damaged, and found out there were not any replacements at either location, we did not rush to get it returned right away. We purchased the item in November, and returned in January.

Upon getting in the return line, there were 2 customers in front of us. After the 1st customer, Sharon E. scanned in the 2nd customers items. While the 2nd customer was preparing to pay, Sharon starts dusting the counter because it was "gritty" (Sharon's words). I noticed a few times she even allowed the duster to swipe past the customers arm. There is a time and place to do something like that. The duster looked moderately used and shouldn't be around customers. Specifically for the dust factor and so you are not flicking "grit" all over the place when you are helping a customer.

Once we got to the register we explained to Sharon about our return. Our conversation did not go smoothly. She asked for Krista (front end supervisor maybe) to come over and Sharon explained to Krista the situation. Sharon sounded skeptical of our return as she explained it to Krista. Krista's response was very appropriate for someone working in customer service. She told us she just had to call Andrew (assistant manager?) to okay the return since it was a higher price item. She explained to him over the phone our situation in a much more appropriate and friendly tone than Sharon had previously. Krista then told us Andrew just wanted to come up and have a look at the item. Totally understandable. Andrew approached and the first thing he said was "Explain to me why this is getting returned after such a long time..." "Explain to me" is not how anybody in customer service should be speaking.

After looking at the damage and us conversing briefly he said he would have to make a call (to his manager). While it's understandable for having to get approval, it now seemed overly obvious of his skepticism from his initial unnecessary comment. He stepped away for a few minutes, during that time I observed Sharon dusting again while helping another customer. Eventually Andrew came back and told us we can take care of it for you and explained he just had to speak with his manager. We said we understand and thanked him. He then resumed his previous task. The final exchange we had with Sharon wasn't great but we were glad to be done with the debacle. Both Sharon and Krista said Thank you and have a good night. There is a uniform way every customer interaction should be carried out.

I personally have worked in customer service for 19 years. I understand that there can be a level of skepticism when it comes to returning items, especially higher priced items. I also know that how the customer handles themselves during this exchange can make things easier or more difficult when choosing how to proceed with a return OR interaction. I know we were not troublesome in any way other than trying to return an item that was damaged. We were very polite throughout every point of this visit, and did not feel it in return.

I initially rated 2 stars, but after telling my story I decided to give 3. I am seriously hoping I just caught Sharon and Andrew at their worst, and that this isn't how they handle their day to day. Krista was great, even if she was or wasn't suspicious, she did a good job of hiding it and acting professional. Despite this visit we do plan to return, as our previous visit in November went well and we hope our future visits will be the same.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2021

I ordered. 99 cent boutonniere pins online. They charged me 10 bucks to ship something that weighed less than an oz. Then the lady on the phone was like oh just take it back to the store for a full refund of purchase price of .99 cents. What a scam... Do not order online unless it's a big ticket item.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2021

I was in a Hobby Lobby for about 15 minutes today in northwestern Illinois. Illinois is under a mask mandate for any indoor spaces. Hobby Lobby had the state mandate listed on the doors as you came into the building. But in the short time I was there I saw six people who had no masks on. A manager and assistant manager were near the front of the store, as were five of those unmasked customers. None of them said ANYTHING to those customers about putting their masks on. I told them that I would not be shopping there again.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2021

I know when I go into your store I will find what I need at the best prices. The staff are always friendly and willing to help. The store has great sale prices. I would recommend this store to everyone. On a scale 1 to 10 I give 11 or above. Thanks.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2021

I hate these stores and only visit them if I have to, no signs, telling you the different departments,. So you have to walk a million miles to find anything. Employees are not helpful. I don't think they know where stuff is either.

Original review: July 9, 2021

I took my wife to a Hobby Lobby about an hour from where we live. She really wanted to check it out being a crafter. Very disappointed in what we found. We find it hard to believe that so few products are made in the USA. This Store is nothing but a Walmart for hobby's . How nice of them to keep so many Chinese people employed. I am a retired trades person and my wife a crafter who belonged to a guild. We both found over the years that people don't mind paying more for quality. Most products in this store where cheep because they where junk.

Original review: July 7, 2021

Madison Al Hobby Lobby: When I entered the store I headed to the close row of carts on my left, because that was the 2 rows of carts close to the door I came thru,,, Convenient, right? At least that's what I thought,, I have always done that,, Grab closet cart,, Anyway, an employee standing in front of me says: "No, go to the other side to get a cart." I gave her a weird look and went to get one anyway,, And as she raised her voice and says "To the other side" She did not say anything to the people behind me getting a cart from that side,, I am peaved!

But; I really needed a large canvas that day,, So I went shopping after I walked to the other side to get a cart,,grrr. I don't know what that was all about,, Prejudice maybe,, I am **, she is ** and customers behind me **. P.S. Both doors available for entry and leaving,, No signs,, Covid is over. All that said they have lost alot of money in the future,, I bought all my art supplies from them. $1000`s a year.. That is over,,, Many online stores out there and I will be not treated badly when I shop online.

Original review: March 30, 2021

Store #368, Jacksonville FL. There is a good selection of many different things and there are great sales every week, but they have stopped offering the weekly coupon. Some of the cashiers are quite nice. However, the framers (or people who take framing orders but don’t really know about framing) are absolutely unwilling to help. Bill, in particular, was very rude. They don’t listen and they don’t care about the customers needs. They don’t care at all about getting your business.

Hobby Lobby Company Information