2. Shopping
  3. Retail Stores

3.7/5 (193 ratings)

About Hobby Lobby

Hobby Lobby Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hobby Lobby?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hobby Lobby?

Original review: March 30, 2021

Store #368, Jacksonville FL. There is a good selection of many different things and there are great sales every week, but they have stopped offering the weekly coupon. Some of the cashiers are quite nice. However, the framers (or people who take framing orders but don’t really know about framing) are absolutely unwilling to help. Bill, in particular, was very rude. They don’t listen and they don’t care about the customers needs. They don’t care at all about getting your business.

Original review: March 9, 2021

After visiting both locations here in My City, I must say the customer service is unprofessional and unpleasant. At first I thought I was being too critical, but the more I kept shopping at Hobby Lobby it stood out to me that I was right all along. Most of the employees didn’t greet whenever customers walked into the stores. All they do is stare and look. Too, when it came time for me to check out, I was never greeted or asked if I found everything ok. It seems like the employees just want to get you in and out. In summary, I will do better just shopping online or at Michaels.

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 9, 2021

I love Hobby Lobby as I live in Atlanta and the experience has been exceptional. I shopped in Hobby Lobby Naples last evening and there were two girls at the Checkout. I presented a Hobby Lobby online printout of the same product that they had marked up $50 since the 40% coupon era expired. The original price for this product was $199.00, they either sold out or put in the back of the store, market it up to $249.99 and have eliminated the 40% coupon. I presented the Hobby Lobby online and the item was marked down to $109 and the two girls said "No, we have to go by the price marked on our item". I asked for the manager and while he obliged me, the girls were indignant that they could not do that. The store needs to be selective to deliver the service that we have come to love and expect from Hobby Lobby.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2021

I was shopping in Redding CA store and I buy 300 stamp pkg. I go out to the car and look at them and count how many, only 210 so go back into store 10 minutes later with receipt and is told they will not return because it's consider a collectable. Keep in mind I had a receipt and item is under 5.00 because I used a coupon. Kept me waiting for 30 min. Great customer service so return everything else I bought will return other items I have at home and will never shop their again and will tell everyone I know that they do not follow posted return policy. Also told they would never sell anything that was missing parts and "I am not saying you took the missing stamps but collectors do."

Original review: Feb. 1, 2021

We purchased a 4' x 5' wooden frame with stretched canvas. After we created a design, we noticed the frame was bowed. We tried to slightly bend the frame, and it snapped. We called the store and corporate. Even though Hobby Lobby's refund policy is stated on its website, the manager at the Harrisburg store said we could only exchange the frame for another one. We didn't want another one since the first one was bowed. We called corporate and asked for the manufacturer's name, and corporate could NOT release the manufacturer name since the company is located in Vietnam??? Totally disgusted with this store and will NEVER shop there again. I advise the same for other consumers.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2020

I was referred to this store by a business associate in the retail business. Like President Steve Green of Hobby Lobby I am a speaker on both business and philanthropy interests, always focusing on how my faith intersects with my life endeavors. My first day at the store was on 07/30/2020. I visit 9 of their different store locations a week. Every week god willing. The reason for this is because I am doing my holiday shopping. I also too purchase some things for my home. I feel that with every purchase that I make, I'm giving back to a store that has the same interests that I have. I buy in bulk. Each store is limited on quantity.

My experience is this. Since my first visit on 07/30/20 up and including 10/24/20 I have spent, including online purchase which I have receipts for $7,314.14. This is not including what I spent in cash. So my total spending is approximately $10,000. in 3 months. On Saturday 10/24/20 I visited their Phillipsburg NJ location as they had 2 items on hold for me that I needed to complete the package. For the most part, every time I visit the store I make receipted returns, non receipted returns as I don't keep my cash receipts, and store purchases.

It was on 10/24/20 that the store manager notified me that I was no longer able to return non receipted items. This came as a huge surprise to me. I have never had an issue before. The manager was very rude and it was humiliating. She made me feel like I was stealing. I asked her why and she said she received a memo. At this point she didn't even know my name! I took down her name from her name tag and decided to take it up with Customer Service. I contacted Customer Service and explained same. They said they would look into it and get back to me.

In the meantime on 10/27/20 I visited the Englishtown store location in Englishtown, NJ. Upon leaving, in the parking lot, I was approached by 2 police officers. It was very traumatizing and humiliating and caused much anxiety. I cooperated with the police only to find out that I was mistaken for someone else. Apparently, someone was stealing from their store. They had the wrong person. I was not the individual they were looking for. I never received an apology from anyone. In the meantime the next day after the incident Customer Service had called me back and left a message stating that corporate had made this decision in regards to the non receipted returns. That's all. No reason. No warning. Nothing.

That's not right. If corporate had a problem with my non receipted returns a memo should have warned me about it and not waited to the last minute. But yet they have no problem taking my purchases and my monies. Unfortunately for me I have to return back to Hobby Lobby to complete my holiday shopping by Halloween.

I will not be visiting the Phillipsburg, or Englishtown locations because I am still traumatized. I am an outstanding citizen with a clean driver's license and have an outstanding professional and personal reputation which took me 30 years to create. I am a god fearing person and I have never stolen anything in my life. I deal with their long and slow lines and their mistakes made frequently in regards to items being listed in the wrong categories and with their wrong prices and sales. I am a very private person yet the wrong that Hobby Lobby has done must be documented and the people in the world have the right to know about their actions. I will continue to pray for Hobby Lobby as they will have to account for their actions to a greater person than I. God.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2020

I ordered a cricut online and they voided my order. The lady at corporate Loretta said that I used a coupon when I shouldn’t.... I NEVER used a coupon. It states in the coupon that it cannot be applied to a cricut so how am I to use it? Then Loretta said that the sales price was an “accident”. It was on sale for $199. As soon as I seen my order was voided out I called. Spoke to Catelyn. This was yesterday and she confirmed with her supervisor that I would receive for the sales price of $199. Idk if they sold more than expected with the sales price and are now canceling new orders. But one person says one thing and the other says something else. This is corporate. They were not helpful, they were rude. OK I’m sorry not all of corporate just Loretta. I will not be ordering for Hobby Lobby anymore. First time and it was a bad experience and talking to corporate made it worse.

Original review: June 20, 2020

I was questioned as to why I was purchasing an item because the cashier felt I was supporting the police by buying it. It was a Paw Patrol, police dog, Chase. Yes - I do indeed support the police. I will not however, support a place that doesn’t.

Original review: June 11, 2020

I was very unwelcome today 6/11/2020.. 01:32 PM. The cashier was So so rude to us.. She threw me the money! Maybe because I am latin+hispanic?.. I love my close store at Savannah.. But this time this lady was angry, not sympathetic to customers, serious, not good manners to serve customers!... I just wanted to give my opinion and let you know what happened to me this afternoon. God bless you and have a nice day. Cashier name: **. S-612 R-2 HOBBY-LOBBY STORE #612, 11140 Abercorn Street, Savannah, GA 31419.

Original review: June 10, 2020

I ordered from Hobby Lobby 3 times since March (during Covid closures) and all 3 times item arrived broken or damaged. It’s very frustrating having to go through the entire return process AND the fact that items are never packaged securely or protected from the elements.

Hobby Lobby Company Information