1.51/5
Based on 77 reviews that contain star ratings

79 Hobby Lobby Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

I got to the Monaco location in Denver, Colorado often. I bought a little sugar bowl and when I got home, realized the cashier only bagged the top. After checking my car and having my friend check her bag, I drove all the way back. I presented the cashier with the receipt and the top of the bowl, cashier says she will have to have manager "check the tapes". 2 minutes later manager walks up insisting that it was put in bag and that "a picture is worth a thousand words". If I were trying to grift the hobby lobby, I think it would be for something other that half of a ten dollar knick knack. One corporate complaint later, and I've learned my lesson to drive the extra ten minutes to better craft store. Manager seems to be on quite the power trip for a dude working retail in his 60

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

I see all these bad reviews for Hobby Lobby on here and I got to say that I have had a great experience every time I have gone in to Hobby Lobby! The manager (Julie) is always running around the store busy as ever but yet always goes out of her way to ask if I need any help? She does it with all customers! The employees have always been helpful as well! Most of the ones complaining on this site sound like spoiled brats who didn’t get their way! I will continue my shopping with Hobby Lobby for as long as they’re alive!

Get expert buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2018

THANK YOU CAMILLE! I received exceptional customer service this weekend at the Hobby Lobby store in Athens, GA. It is the weekend before Christmas and I expected my shopping experience to be very hectic. It was not, thanks to Camille! She was working in the framing department and went above and beyond to take care of my framing needs. Camille was very professional and went out of her way to accommodate my needs in a very timely manner. Thank you for your time and attention, I will definitely shop at Hobby Lobby more often!

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

I went to a Hobby Lobby today to buy an item using their 40% off coupon. There was a yellow price tag on the item, which apparently meant it didn't qualify for the coupon. Okay. What about a price match from another store? The first store that I visited flat out told me 'no, we don't do any price matching whatsoever'. I spoke to a manager who confirmed this statement. This is straight from the FAQ on their site: "Do you honor competitors’ ads? We do honor competitors’ ads in-store if a specific price is listed and we stock the exact same item. However, we do not honor competitors’ "percent off" ads or coupons. We exclude all Holiday door buster ads, Cricut, Silhouette, Sizzix, Cuttlebug, Simplicity & McCall's patterns, clearance, and closeout items from this policy. Sorry, competitors’ ads are not honored online."

So I went to a different Hobby Lobby after trying other shops. I wanted to talk to them about what I learned above. Initially, they once again there was no price matching. A manager arrived and claimed there WAS price matching however, there were several stipulations: 1) it had to be ON THE SHELF of the shop they were matching. 2) It had to be the exact same. 3) They had to call them to find these things out. I have done price matching at Target, Best Buy, Apple, J.C. Penny, Fred Meyer, Office Depot, and Petco. None of them have these requirements providing the retailer you're matching is reputable. Furthermore, they just need to check the price and move on with their lives.

I'd like to point out I was not trying to match something outrageous. It was a $119 item (the SRP) which was $90 dollars (not on sale) at Home Depot. The second manager went into a diatribe about how these online places didn't have to worry about lights and fixtures and shelves. She actually went on and on about the difficulties of running a brick and mortar store.

In any event, the ultimate truth was that they really just wanted us to pay and leave. By the way, I ensured I was in a line that wouldn't jam up traffic. No one could get in line behind us because the checker closed down after us. I wasn't not wasting the time of other customers. I just wanted to understand why they wouldn't follow the company policy. Her answer was that she doesn't have anything to do with the website. Despite the fact that, as you can see above, the only place you CAN get a price match is in the store. I will never go back. There are WAY too many options.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

I entered Hobby Lobby with a bag of items to return and went directly to the Return Only register. There was no clerk at the register and I was the only one in line. I waited for several minutes and still no clerk. I noticed several other people had come along and got in line at the next register so I left the Return Only line to ask an employee wearing a Service Manager lanyard if I needed to be in the return line. She said, "Yes, that's the only register accepting returns, here comes the clerk now." So I walked back to the register and the clerk told me I had to get in line behind all the other people who had been waiting. I told her I had been there first but I left to find an employee to ask if I was in an open line since no one was at the register.

She adamantly told me the others were there first completely ignoring what I just said. I told her I have no reason to lie about standing in line and she said, "I'm not saying you lied but I am saying the others were ahead of you." The others she was referencing even told her I was there first. She offered no apology so I asked for a manager. The manager apologized and said if it happened again to let her know and she would address it. I said, "First of all it won't happen again because I won't be back and secondly you should address it now." One time of her calling a customer a liar is one many whether it's me or someone else. The manager simply poo pooed it not caring if I would return or not. Moral of the story is that Hobby Lobby has a reputation for horrible customer service and it's one they have earned all under the guise of being a Christian store. Never again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hobby Lobby?

Original review: Dec. 19, 2018

I was recently in your Smokey Point, WA store and the overall experience was as expected. Staff was not very knowledgeable, but that is expected this time of year with all the seasonal staff. I work in retail so I understand. However the issue I have is with how your management treats the children of your patrons. My daughter (4) was playing with some of the stuff animals that are strategically put by the registers to make parents life difficult when leaving the store. She was sitting on the floor playing with the stuffed animals In my sight at the beginning of the aisle. There was nobody in line after me and nobody blocking my view or waiting on me.

As I was checking out I notice what looked like a manager as he was dressed in plain clothes, standing over my daughter so I asked if there was a problem and he said, "Is this your child." I said, "Yes. What is the problem," he stated that they don't want kids playing with the toys as he doesn't want them dirty. I said maybe he should have a cleaner store. My daughter started to cry until I told her it was ok and that she wasn't in trouble. She was more confused that she couldn't play with the toys. Which if you don't want kids playing with toys then you shouldn't have them in your store and definitely not by the register where parents are busy checking out.

This was totally ridiculous and made a scene and embarrassed my daughter and I. I originally put my large purchases back and was going to order instead. If I had more time and didn't spend so much time picking out gifts for my wife I would have left everything and used Amazon like I will in the future. I will not shop at your store again. I thought it was a good Family organisation but I guess not with a Grinch like Doug (rude unfriendly kid hating manager). I will share this experience with everybody I know. MERRY CHRISTMAS. HA not from Hobby Lobby.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

Only two lines were open about eleven o'clock the Monday morning after Thanksgiving. Hobby Lobby had been closed on Sunday after Thanksgiving, of course. And AS USUAL, there were TWELVE people in each line for the two check-out people. The line system isn't fair anyway with next come, next serve type of line like some places do like BB&B and banks and others. For handicapped people, like myself, standing for long periods is out of the question. Lack of planning or care for customers is rampant as many employees are mindlessly stocking shelves already stocked with the same items while TWELVE people in each line wait and wait. I left. I left with three items still in buggy. They have NO respect for us, so why should I respect them? This line waiting is an ALWAYS affair and people in line stand there and complain and complain and complain. GREAT items. HORRIBLE CUSTOMER CARE AND WE ARE THE ONES WITH THE WALLETS!!!

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

This is the email I sent to Hobby Lobby. If I could give a -10 star review, I would. (Today is December 8) You can’t contact customer service past 5 CST or weekends, which makes it very difficult to speak directly to them if you are a working person on the east coast. Order Number *******. "Your customer service and shipping is quite possibly the worst I have ever had to deal with. I placed my online order November 28th. It took until December 6 to show that it had shipped. Not once have I received an email with a tracking number.

I emailed 12/7 requesting a tracking number. I have not received an email back. I spoke to customer service 12/5 regarding my order and got no definitive answer as to when it would ship. I HAD TO CHECK THE WEBSITE TO FIND OUT IS SHIPPED. I have still not received my order. I shop frequently online and choose the cheapest shipping offered and ALWAYS receive my order within 5-7 business day of placing my order. I find this very poor business practice. I will be reflecting to poor experience in my Consumer Affairs review."

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

I have went into this same Hobby Lobby several times now, and each time I’ve went I’ve had the same experience! Me and any other person I’ve went in there with for some reason have been blatantly followed around like we were common thieves! Now I’ve never stole a thing from there or anywhere for that matter so am extremely confused about why? And then today again I’m in there shopping and the longer I was looking around to get what I wanted the more I noticed different employees trying to look like they were just passing by or putting stuff away only to see them all gather together to stare at me and my child trying to pick out items! I then put back everything I had in my cart and left!!!

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

My husband has Parkinson's and dementia. We were in Hobby Lobby and I had left him for a few minutes. When I came back there was a manager and a police officer there. The manager accused my husband of trying to conceal product. He had his wheelchair because he falls a lot and also had back surgery recently. My husband had been opening packages to see if they would work for what he wanted. Because he didn't have a cart he put them in his wheelchair.

He never tried to leave the store and he would not have taken them. He was going to show me to see if they would work. He was so confused when the manager and police officer came up to him and with his Parkinson's his speech is not good at all. We tried to tell the Manager but he wouldn't listen. So now my husband has to go to court and he didn't do anything, he is also banned from shopping in any Hobby Lobby. Great way to treat someone who has a disability. We tried to reach out to the Corporate office but no response.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

I was recently gifted a bunch of art supplies that I did not need and the person who gave them to me said they bought everything at Hobby Lobby. So I took them to the Lincoln, NE location for an exchange. I did not have a receipt, so I completely understand having to use the lowest price in the last 60 days. But it took them FOREVER to find prices, since none of it is on their computer.

Finally, the manager approved everything and said he had to put it on a gift card and then I could go get what I wanted to buy as they don't do straight up exchanges. Sure, that's fine, I thought. Grabbed my item, brought it up front only to find out the card doesn't have the balance on it! Manager comes up again and claims it can take up to 48 hrs for the balance to show up and even though I JUST returned my stuff, he can't help me. It's been 16 hrs since the review and nothing. Luckily, I have a return receipt for the gift card, but still. I basically gave them $140 of merchandise and got nothing back. I've never ever heard of it taking this long for a balance to show up. I've returned things at other locations and it was always instant.

I called the number on the back of the card, as suggested by the manager, and they forwarded me to the gift card fraud investigation unit. Fraud? Are you ** kidding me? I left a message. I'm so irritated! I've never had any issues like this when returning things previously. I love the variety at Hobby Lobby but I'm not going to be shopping there anymore.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2018

I have only been to Hobby Lobby 3 times, but each time was a complete failure. The store did not carry items that every other hobby shop carries, or the help is non-existent, or, in the case of the frame personnel, they do not know what they are doing. How does Hobby Lobby stay in business?

Original review: Oct. 20, 2018

Many mistakes were made when I brought my late brother's print in to be re-framed. The details are below if you're interested, but in a nut shell, Lisa and Saundra in framing were horrible to deal with. They alternately treated me like a hysterical woman and a common criminal when I asked them to make retribution for their mistakes.

The details: I wanted to add another mat to the original mat and replace the glass. I stressed that I wanted to keep as much of the original print, frame, and mat as possible b/c it meant so much to me. I wanted to add a signature to the mat and was told it would be no problem to do so after they cut the mat and before they framed it.

Upon picking up the print, I discovered that they had framed the print leaving me no way to add a signature. Jim ** took responsibility and said it was probably his mistake. He went about taking the frame apart. As he was doing so, Lisa said that we couldn't leave our frame there (** and perturbed like we were the problem). We decided to take the frame home and found that the framer had thrown out the original mat (the one I had asked them to be careful to keep). To make matters worse, they had used the wrong color of the new mat.

They also failed to ever call me that the print was ready. I had to call them to find out if it was ready. They again treated me like a liar and said they had called and left a message. Who knows? I just know I'll never shop at Hobby Lobby. I asked to be reimbursed for 50% of the cost but instead was met with arguments and Saundra telling me repeatedly that I was wrong.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2018

I went to pick up a custom framed picture at Grove City Hobby Lobby. When I gave my name, I was requested to produce a photo identification because I didn’t have my claim check. I found that strange as it was a custom print and it still required payment but I complied. I then was asked did I plan to do additional shopping. I said, "I did plan to shop." I was then told by clerk that she would take picture to register. Implying I may possibly steal the picture. The treatment I was received during this visit was unlike any I had ever received at Hobby Lobby. I consider myself a former loyal customer and will not return.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

After leaving Best Buy at the Mall of Georgia I decided to visit the Hobby Lobby which is a few doors down at their new location. I am not a regular but have been several times to their old location. My wife and I are planning a harvest theme for our garden this season. Knowing they would a large selection I started browsing for ideas throughout the store. All of a sudden from out of nowhere a small woman with tablet boldly and aggressively addresses me stating, “Did you need help with something?” Adding insult to injury she says, “You just walking through here like you in a daze!”

Not to be taken aback by such a rude statement I responded respectfully telling her what I what looking for. For the second she made the comment, “I can walk you to the front of the store.” I told her no thanks that I will continue to look around. It was at this point in our meeting that I could see she was looking at me through “suspicious lenses.” I lost my inspiration and decided it was time to leave. Sad. You think that you have seen this behavior fifty years ago but apparently history is repeating itself.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

Hobby Lobby did not honor 40% off coupon. It was not on the "excluded" list and corporate apologized but did not offer any resolve. Don't waste your time shopping there because they might do the same to you at the register!

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

I feel it's necessary to give a little background information. I'm in Hobby Lobby at least twice a week and solely rely on Hobby Lobby to purchase the materials I use for my business. I have spent tens of thousands of dollars each year in Hobby Lobby between materials for my business, decor for my home, and gifts for others. I had a minor issue with a product I purchased from Hobby Lobby last week. The pack of magnets that I purchased (which were quite expensive, might I add) was short one magnet. Because I experienced issues twice when returning products to Hobby Lobby (my money was never refunded to my bank account - called Hobby Lobby both times and the issue was never fixed), I decided to e-mail corporate to let them know of my issue to see if there was any recourse.

I provided them with all the information they needed (receipt number, photos, date of purchase, etc.) and they asked me for my phone number and address, which made me assume that they would send a replacement product. After days of communication with an associate who was less than friendly, I was told that I would have to return the product to the store WITH receipt in order to be refunded. This was even after I kindly explained to the associate that both times I returned products to Hobby Lobby, I never received my money back.

Why should I have to spend my time and gas money to return this product? How is it fair that Hobby Lobby, who the product was manufactured for, shorted me on my purchase, yet I am required to go out of my way to return it for a refund? I decided just to eat my loss and keep the faulty product, because I doubt I'd ever get my money back if I were to take them back to the store. I'm not at all happy with the manner in which this situation was handled and will be taking my business elsewhere.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

A needlepoint kit made by HB with poorly made instructions. When I emailed them about it I then spent the next 16 days basically asking the same thing over and over, a blow up of the chart. All were ignored by "Brianna". When I spoke to her "boss" Jennifer I was just as disappointed in her response. She tried to justify their responses to my continual request for a blow up of the chart. I had to get it blown up myself at a cost of $2.80 which they refused to reimburse me for. They DO NOT stand behind the products they make and sell. Talking to their CS is like talking to a brick wall. Terrible company.

Original review: July 15, 2018

I placed an order on June 28th that was well over $100 and had to pay $26 for shipping on items that were less than 7 lbs. Not only was the box poorly secured, but shipping should have been free. I contacted Customer Service when they offered free shipping not even a week later and they refused to reimburse me for the cost of shipping, even after I sent a photo of the box, because I was outside of the promotional window. I will not be doing business with them again. And the garlands I purchased have leaves falling off left and right. Amen. They were 50% off.

Original review: June 27, 2018

I visited a Hobby Lobby store in Anaheim, CA when I first moved to this area about a year ago. This is not a Christian based company. There is a lot of worldly wisdom in this store with a tiny bit of Jesus thrown in for good measure. This is like calling Barnes and Nobles a Christian Book Store because they have a section for Bibles. I am boycotting this store until they get honest with themselves and until they make this an outstanding place for people to work. Every salesperson in that store looked totally done and very angry.

Original review: June 6, 2018

Have had an ABSOLUTE terrible experience with them about returning an item that they stole money from me on. I was in a hurry, so I ran inside and ran up to the cash register and was the first person in line. The girl said that she did not know how to do a return, so the guy behind her, training her, took my stuff and did not even ask me if it was okay but told me to let the people behind me go and just started ringing them up. Because he said that the return was going to take a while. So he took all of my things behind the cash register and was going through everything and marking off on my receipt what I was returning while the other girl was ringing up several people ahead of me.

I could not see what he was doing or where he was putting the items. I was standing off to the side waiting. I was not very happy about it, but I did not complain or say anything. Finally he was done, and I had to wait for them to finish checking out another person that they were in the middle of checking out. And then he just squeeze in behind her and put in my return from the receipt that he was writing on, and then just told me to sign the electronic pad. I went to sign it and noticed that it said $84. I had counted the things that I was keeping multiple times. And even though I did not include taxes in my calculations, it came up to be right around $110. So give or take $6 or something. So I was expecting to see something like $140 on the return pad. So before I signed it, I specifically said to both of them that it did not look correct.

They both stared at me and said nothing. I said this is not look like the right amount that I expected to get back. They both looked at me again and said nothing. There was now more people waiting behind me that I did not want to hold up, so I went ahead and sign the pad. And then I came around the counter to talk with him so that I could go back over my return. And go through the items that I was returning, and go back over my receipt. Even though I was in a hurry, and had already taken longer than it needed to. He just kept staring at me was not being helpful whatsoever. I said can we go back over my return, where are my flowers? And he said that he had already sent them back to the back. Within minutes. And I said well how are we supposed to prove if this is correct then? And he just stared at me. I said I know that this is not correct what are we supposed to do about it? So he called someone on the microphone and ask her to come back up with my things.

She came up and there was only about four things left in the car, she had already placed them all back on the Shelf within a few minutes. I was shocked! I said I know that I returned more items than this and this is not right, but now you put everything back and we cannot prove it, what should we do? They both stared at me like I didn't speak English. They did not offer any help or suggestions. And they did not apologize. Once again, I was still in a hurry and this was taking a lot of time. I stood there for about 7 more minutes trying to discuss with them what we could do about it, I was basically having a discussion with myself. Because they were just sitting there staring at me. They were not helpful or caring whatsoever. So finally I just had to leave because I had somewhere that I had to be and was already behind. I know for a fact what I kept, it is into vases of flowers I made.

He said that he wrote numbers next to each thing, because I had multiples of certain things. But it does not have any number next to these specific flowers. Indicating that I only returned 2. And I know for a fact that I returned five of them. So that means that he did not even include 3 of those flowers. And that is not even counting everything else that he obviously missed and miscounted.

If I would have refused to accept the refund, then they would have already put my personal belongings back on their shelves! Their return system is extremely out of date, and puts too much trust in an employee. And not in a computer system and accuracy. Even after contacting them, they have been no more helpful than the people in the store. They stole my money, and they are treating me like I am stupid and know nothing, and that I am lying. So incredibly wrong.

Original review: May 29, 2018

Saturday, May 26th, I went to Hobby Lobby in Seekonk, MA to purchase Art Resin with the 40% coupon. However, I was denied the purchase with the excuse that the package has a Your Price emblem WHICH IS PART OF THE PACKAGE, from Art Resin, NOT a Hobby Lobby STICKER/price tag on it. This emblem is printed on the cardboard, inside the heat sealed hard packaging and not the regular external 'regular price/Your price sticker.

I know several people who have purchased this item with the 40% coupon from other HOBBY LOBBY stores without issue. I also tried the coupon online and it was not refused. I did NOT purchase it online, I was just testing the coupon. I had several other items I was also going to purchase at the same time, however I was embarrassed, and left everything there. Hobby Lobby, for all their religious, pious claims continue to be rude and inconsistent in practice with customers. I will not go back there and will be sure to recount this experience to anyone who mentions Hobby Lobby to me or my online groups.

Original review: April 30, 2018

I went to visit and look for good stuff in Hobby Lobby Edmond branch (Danforth Road) last April 28, 2018. While shopping around I saw the ceramic stuff and start putting in my cart since it’s 40% off. Good deal. Then I saw this white platter with a standee. I look around to ask if I buy the platter will the standee goes with it or should I buy it separate since there is no tag price. I saw this tall bald guy with a Hobby Lobby ID and asked him. I even call him Sir, "Is this standee goes with the platter or I need to buy it separated”? His respond was, "You got to buy it separate (NO SMILE looks at me like I’m stupid!)" To avoid hassle I asked him, "Does the counter knows the price since no tag price was attached to it." He said “Yes," then walk away without asking if is there anything is need, etc.

In short no customer service since I’m sure he is either a manager or someone in charge. At first I ignore it since I’m enjoying the stuff that I bought doesn’t sink it with me. I thought that was it already. Heading out, I saw 4 lanes of the counter. I went to the second lane. When I was In line I saw the other lane shorter so I decided to move, then this gal yell at me and said “THIS LANE IS CLOSED”. Again, I ignore it feeling uncomfortable why people around here seems not happy in doing their job. So, I went back to the my original lane. Less than 30 seconds a gal asked to go to her lane the same lane they said it was closed. I told her, "I thought this lane was closes." She didn’t say anything. I didn’t see the face if she’s the same gal who said it was closes. I paid $173.91. VERY UNSATISFIED WITH THEIR SERVICE. I suggest they should be retrain.

I feel so discriminated. I’m ASIAN. I don’t deserve to be treated that way. They treat me so differently since I observe how they talk to other customer. This store is 5 mins away from me but with their POOR service I might find other Hobby Lobby store instead or might just go to other store like HOME, Kirkland, etc. I left feeling bad and terrible. If there is a score lower than 1 that’s what I should give to them.

Original review: April 29, 2018

I purchased an item for the regular price and realized afterwards I needed another frame. I immediately went back into the store and purchased another frame. The cashier told me the amount, which was 50% off. I explained the previous purchase was not discounted. The cost was very minimal; however, I wanted them to see the difference. They ask for the manager, Tom who looked at the receipt and he told me, "You definitely got something you didn't deserve ". The cashier acted afraid of him, emphasizing it wasn't me, I did it right.

This was disrespectful at so many levels. This was said in front of the cashier and other customers! He didn't smile, which he NEVER does or apologized for the error. This store lacks diversity and simple 101 people skills. If he talks and treat customers any kind of way, I know he treats certain workers COLD. I will never feel the same way about Hobby Lobby ever again. He lacks empathy and emotions. This store needs a BIG culture change.

Original review: April 14, 2018

I recently went to the Hobby Lobby in Lakewood WA. I was very discriminated against by a sales rep. I have never been treated so, in any business. I was called a derogatory name and then was discriminated against by this store. I ask to speak to the manager and the manager never came to address the problem. This company is very discriminating in how the employees treat other people.

Original review: March 8, 2018

Long story short, cashier was useless - would not/could not answer simple questions or provide any service whatsoever, ignored me while I stood there (right after I made my purchase) with a simple issue, then rudely told me she couldn't help. She kept her back to me the entire time. The lady behind me was so pissed at how I was treated, she called the manager! The manager was less than helpful. The entire place is staffed by Stepford people who all look like they despise both their jobs AND the customer.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2018

I and two of my girlfriends went to Hobby Lobby early on a Saturday morning. We have been doing this for years now. We were followed around the store and then followed out to the parking lot when we were done with our purchases. One of the employees that looked like a manager actually took a picture of the back of my girlfriend's truck. We called corporate and were not given any explanation for the way we were treated and for the invasion of our privacy (the picture). None of us or our friends and family will be shopping at Hobby Lobby anymore. They treat their customers poorly to say the very least.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2018

Thank you Hobby Lobby for putting all your yarn on sale. I love this yarn is a great yarn. And with the 30% off on all yarn allowed me to stock up today. And will be going back to buy more this week. Hope you start doing this sale more often... My only problem is I always come out with more than just yarn. I can stay in your store for hours... I also wish you did the coupons on the total sale. Like some of the other big name craft stores.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2018

I love shopping the clearance aisle because I can find expensive products for a cheap price and get to try out things I'd otherwise not get to try. I found some cardboard product pacers that they use for more expensive items (so they can't be stolen) and decided to get them. It was a great deal. I went to go pay and was rung up appropriately. She called the office to have the products brought to the register, as those products are kept in the office until paid for. Great! Well the manager calls up and says he can't locate the products and won't be honoring the prices. Truly false advertising!

Original review: Jan. 2, 2018

I shop at Hobby Lobby frequently and it seems as if every time I visit this store there is a security alert. It happens so often that it starts to feel normal. When I first walk in the door and go to the first aisle, someone will get on the intercom and say security scan a certain area. As I move to another aisle the intercom will then say security scan a new area. When I return back to the same area I just left to make sure I’m not crazy, the intercom will say security scan the same area they announced when I walked in the door. What are the odds of this happening every time I visit this store. I continue to shop because I’ve convinced myself I’m being paranoid and then the intercom mentions that they have Oxnard PD on a phone extension number.

Then the intercom asks for an active scan of the area and I see employees following me from aisle to aisle. After getting what I needed, I head to the front of the store where I noticed a circle of employees standing at the front door and as I walk up to the register, they look at me and dispersed like they were no longer looking as if my position at the register was a breath of fresh air. As I stood in line, an employee walks straight up between the register staring at me with a smirk on her face so I asked if she was opening up the register I was standing next to. My thought was maybe she was a cashier and was trying to help with the line and just happened to be irritated because she had to. But, she walks right past me squeezing between myself and the register when There was ample space to maneuver elsewhere because there was only one register opened.

As she passed by saying no she’s not at that register I respond with, "My apologies you’re just walking around," and she sarcastically responded with, "Yes I’m just walking around." This made my blood boil at the rudeness and unprofessional nature of the employees at this store. As I finished checking out, I took my buggy and placed it back in the cart holder and when I turned around security was following me and when she caught me looking at her, she turned around and walked off quickly towards the flower section.

I am not sure what’s going on where Hobby Lobby feels the need to make their customers feel like criminals but they should do a better job of the level of professionalism when handling these situations. Even if I was being paranoid the constant loudspeaker of security activity while customers is shopping is enough to make people uncomfortable in that shopping environment. In today’s environment, when I hear security alerts like that I feel the need to protect myself and family given the amount of shootings going on.

Hobby Lobby Company Information