3.51/5

86 Hobby Lobby Consumer Reviews

Original review: May 31, 2019

I ordered a Bakers rack with the 2 corner shelves that matched after I had seen it in the store in WA. When I received the set I was missing a small plastic cap for one of the feet. I called customer service at the 1-800 number. I talked with a woman, she actually called me back, and stated she would see what she could do about getting me one. Within 2 days I received it in the mail, in MA. That is what I call excellent 5 star customer service!!!

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

I see all these bad reviews for Hobby Lobby on here and I got to say that I have had a great experience every time I have gone in to Hobby Lobby! The manager (Julie) is always running around the store busy as ever but yet always goes out of her way to ask if I need any help? She does it with all customers! The employees have always been helpful as well! Most of the ones complaining on this site sound like spoiled brats who didn’t get their way! I will continue my shopping with Hobby Lobby for as long as they’re alive!

Get expert buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2018

THANK YOU CAMILLE! I received exceptional customer service this weekend at the Hobby Lobby store in Athens, GA. It is the weekend before Christmas and I expected my shopping experience to be very hectic. It was not, thanks to Camille! She was working in the framing department and went above and beyond to take care of my framing needs. Camille was very professional and went out of her way to accommodate my needs in a very timely manner. Thank you for your time and attention, I will definitely shop at Hobby Lobby more often!

Original review: July 12, 2019

Horrible experience. You pay for an item supposedly is NEW. I went to the store a couple days ago and I bought an item that was broken already. I didn’t notice it till was at home. I was trying to return it with a receipt. They told me, "Sorry we cannot do return on broken item." I told them that what I got was broken already. They didn’t gave me not even store credit. They should be checking what they sell because they are ripping off people. Next time I’ll make sure to buy something that’s not broken. So It was my first time shopping at Hobby Lobby and also be my last time. I’m not happy with it. Not going back. Ugh!????

Original review: June 30, 2019

Walked in 5 minutes before closing to see if the furniture piece I bought earlier would match anything else. They are right by the door, and customers were still getting checked out and floors were being vacuumed. A rude lady started saying "What are you doing in here, doors are locked". BS. I told her just 1-2 minutes, and she said she can't go home until I leave. Lie #2. Was very rude, and the other employees were rude also because of her example. I will never go in a Hobby Lobby again. Home Goods is better anyway. She was absolutely crazy. Very unprofessional.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hobby Lobby?

Original review: June 8, 2019

I just purchased a couple items from Hobby Lobby. We had the coupon sitting on the counter for the cashier to scan. The cashier ended up not scanning one of the items and had to scan another transaction and then didn't use the coupon. This was while they were in their closing period. When we noticed she didn't use the coupons one minute later we asked if they could refund the 40% for the coupon. The manager refused to let us in and help us instead saying we need to come back in the morning. They were still checking customers out! Their registers were still running!! This store and manager refused to assist a customer that would have taken one minute...or they could have served us correctly in the first place. They would prefer to inconvenience a customer by making them take a trip a different day than to help them for one minute when the error was theirs to begin with. Very disappointed and reaffirms why I rarely shop at hobby lobby.

Original review: May 27, 2019

For a "Christian" store they are hypocritical with their greedy, unforgiving policies. I tried to return some shelves that ended up not fitting the space I have. One they refused - even though I had the receipt. The others they would only give me half my money in store credit - within 1 week's time - with the receipt!! I like a lot of their stuff - looking past all the religious CRAP! But I do not like their hypocritical policies - and the fact that they use "religion" excuse for not even covering their women employees birth control. :(

Original review: May 1, 2019

Went to get and pay for 7 pieces of framed art. One of the pieces I didn’t like how it was done. When I asked about what could be done, I wasn’t given a reply. I went to the cashier area, and was going to ask where find photo 8x10 albums and the customer service manager was agitated and said “I can’t help you right now” in a rude tone. I then went to the cashier area to pay for my items, I also asked about the piece I didn’t like. Their response “was to go back to the frame area (Which is where I was prior). I then explained that we had already been there and they didn’t have an answer, so I ended up coming to the front to pay.

I ended up having to go to the frame area 5 times, I finally figured out I would have to custom order the frame. I ended up have to leave my daughter there to take care of the transaction, I had to go to my car to be able to breathe and calm down. If not for the nice lady in frames I would not be going back to that shop. It was really disorganized and frustrating.

Original review: April 29, 2019

This use to be my “go to” store until I became a more informed consumer. Most of their items are made in China. It has been well documented about the chemicals China uses in products are harmful!! I will not purchase products from Hobby Lobby anymore because I am afraid of their safety and effects in my family.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

I got to the Monaco location in Denver, Colorado often. I bought a little sugar bowl and when I got home, realized the cashier only bagged the top. After checking my car and having my friend check her bag, I drove all the way back. I presented the cashier with the receipt and the top of the bowl, cashier says she will have to have manager "check the tapes". 2 minutes later manager walks up insisting that it was put in bag and that "a picture is worth a thousand words". If I were trying to grift the hobby lobby, I think it would be for something other that half of a ten dollar knick knack. One corporate complaint later, and I've learned my lesson to drive the extra ten minutes to better craft store. Manager seems to be on quite the power trip for a dude working retail in his 60

Hobby Lobby Company Information