2. Shopping
  3. Retail Stores

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.43/5

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

Hobby Lobby Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hobby Lobby?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hobby Lobby?

Original review: Oct. 30, 2020

I was referred to this store by a business associate in the retail business. Like President Steve Green of Hobby Lobby I am a speaker on both business and philanthropy interests, always focusing on how my faith intersects with my life endeavors. My first day at the store was on 07/30/2020. I visit 9 of their different store locations a week. Every week god willing. The reason for this is because I am doing my holiday shopping. I also too purchase some things for my home. I feel that with every purchase that I make, I'm giving back to a store that has the same interests that I have. I buy in bulk. Each store is limited on quantity.

My experience is this. Since my first visit on 07/30/20 up and including 10/24/20 I have spent, including online purchase which I have receipts for $7,314.14. This is not including what I spent in cash. So my total spending is approximately $10,000. in 3 months. On Saturday 10/24/20 I visited their Phillipsburg NJ location as they had 2 items on hold for me that I needed to complete the package. For the most part, every time I visit the store I make receipted returns, non receipted returns as I don't keep my cash receipts, and store purchases.

It was on 10/24/20 that the store manager notified me that I was no longer able to return non receipted items. This came as a huge surprise to me. I have never had an issue before. The manager was very rude and it was humiliating. She made me feel like I was stealing. I asked her why and she said she received a memo. At this point she didn't even know my name! I took down her name from her name tag and decided to take it up with Customer Service. I contacted Customer Service and explained same. They said they would look into it and get back to me.

In the meantime on 10/27/20 I visited the Englishtown store location in Englishtown, NJ. Upon leaving, in the parking lot, I was approached by 2 police officers. It was very traumatizing and humiliating and caused much anxiety. I cooperated with the police only to find out that I was mistaken for someone else. Apparently, someone was stealing from their store. They had the wrong person. I was not the individual they were looking for. I never received an apology from anyone. In the meantime the next day after the incident Customer Service had called me back and left a message stating that corporate had made this decision in regards to the non receipted returns. That's all. No reason. No warning. Nothing.

That's not right. If corporate had a problem with my non receipted returns a memo should have warned me about it and not waited to the last minute. But yet they have no problem taking my purchases and my monies. Unfortunately for me I have to return back to Hobby Lobby to complete my holiday shopping by Halloween.

I will not be visiting the Phillipsburg, or Englishtown locations because I am still traumatized. I am an outstanding citizen with a clean driver's license and have an outstanding professional and personal reputation which took me 30 years to create. I am a god fearing person and I have never stolen anything in my life. I deal with their long and slow lines and their mistakes made frequently in regards to items being listed in the wrong categories and with their wrong prices and sales. I am a very private person yet the wrong that Hobby Lobby has done must be documented and the people in the world have the right to know about their actions. I will continue to pray for Hobby Lobby as they will have to account for their actions to a greater person than I. God.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2020

I ordered a cricut online and they voided my order. The lady at corporate Loretta said that I used a coupon when I shouldn’t.... I NEVER used a coupon. It states in the coupon that it cannot be applied to a cricut so how am I to use it? Then Loretta said that the sales price was an “accident”. It was on sale for $199. As soon as I seen my order was voided out I called. Spoke to Catelyn. This was yesterday and she confirmed with her supervisor that I would receive for the sales price of $199. Idk if they sold more than expected with the sales price and are now canceling new orders. But one person says one thing and the other says something else. This is corporate. They were not helpful, they were rude. OK I’m sorry not all of corporate just Loretta. I will not be ordering for Hobby Lobby anymore. First time and it was a bad experience and talking to corporate made it worse.

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 20, 2020

I was questioned as to why I was purchasing an item because the cashier felt I was supporting the police by buying it. It was a Paw Patrol, police dog, Chase. Yes - I do indeed support the police. I will not however, support a place that doesn’t.

Original review: June 11, 2020

I was very unwelcome today 6/11/2020.. 01:32 PM. The cashier was So so rude to us.. She threw me the money! Maybe because I am latin+hispanic?.. I love my close store at Savannah.. But this time this lady was angry, not sympathetic to customers, serious, not good manners to serve customers!... I just wanted to give my opinion and let you know what happened to me this afternoon. God bless you and have a nice day. Cashier name: **. S-612 R-2 HOBBY-LOBBY STORE #612, 11140 Abercorn Street, Savannah, GA 31419.

Original review: June 10, 2020

I ordered from Hobby Lobby 3 times since March (during Covid closures) and all 3 times item arrived broken or damaged. It’s very frustrating having to go through the entire return process AND the fact that items are never packaged securely or protected from the elements.

Original review: June 6, 2020

My order with Hobby Lobby is lost in transit. You can't call this company and talk to anyone because they won't allow it. The recording says to write to them instead. You can't write to them and get a response because they won't respond! I keep writing with NO response at all. Horrible customer service. Now, I am just waiting until I can contest the CC charges.

Resolution response: May 28, 2020

Update... The Hobby Lobby let me exchange and gave me an additional discount. I also got my shipping and handling back on a hobby lobby card. The store employees were very kind and after my experience that was well appreciated. However I still don't recommend ordering fragile items from them online and having it shipped.

Original review: May 28, 2020

I do enjoy shopping at Hobby Lobby in the store. However due to quarantine they were closed so I ordered a $100 lantern thinking that they would package it with comment since like other places I've ordered from. When I received my lantern the box had no fragile stickers and no "this side up" stickers. When I opened the box it had no cushioning to prevent movement. My lanterns top was completely smashed in. The door was torn off. The hinges and the glass was shattered. I called multiple stores to see if I can bring it in for an exchange. Luckily one store had only one in stock. They said they will hold it for an exchange. Hopefully when I get there everything will go well. Whoever is in charge of packaging needs to have more common sense. Beware before ordering online.

Original review: May 27, 2020

I made a purchase for a 24x36 frame. I am not sure if because the box was big or because we are in quarantine my merchandise arrived broken. The box in the outside had a hole so the inside was broken as well. I have emailed the company over 8 times with no reply. I have tried calling so I can get a return slip with no success. When you call the main number it tell you they are not available and to try online. What makes me mad is the fact that when I made the purchase they were available but to return nobody seems to care. I may lose out on 75.00 dollars and it's okay but as an essential employee who has been working hard through covid to make 75 dollars it hurts to lose it with no fault. I will never make a purchase in this store again. I have learned about Joann craft store, this is where I will make all purchases moving forward.

Original review: May 15, 2020

First let me start by saying that I should have done more research on this shady, artifact stealing, fake Christian store. I ordered 4 items on Hobbylobby.com where everything was supposed to be 40% off. Also I added a promo code for an extra 40% off the most expensive item. I put my card information and agree to pay $35... I look at my back statement and HOBBY LOBBY HAS CHARGED ME $59.30. I look in the confirmation email and I am charged FULL PRICE for ALL ITEMS AND an extra $10 for some reason??!!

HOW ON EARTH??!! STRAIGHT UP STEALING!!! I am now waiting the 2-7 business days it takes for them TO RESPOND TO AN EMAIL. And of course it's been more than 2 days. I AM COMPLETELY DISAPPOINTED AND ANGRY. THIS IS NOT A TIME TO BE TAKING PEOPLE'S MONEY WITHOUT PERMISSION. Just save your money and a headache and DO NOT SHOP HERE!

Original review: March 2, 2020

In 2018 I purchased a $400.00 tree at Hobby Lobby. On my second Christmas the lights in the tree were not working properly. I went to the store with the receipt and to my total disappointment Hobby Lobby literally didn’t care. They said they couldn’t do anything once they did not manufacture the tree. What I find awkward is that Hobby Lobby claims to be a Christian store!!! What’s Christian in that? Is that only a way to attract customers? In terms of treating customers as human beings they are far from being at least good. Don’t EVER go to Hobby Lobby for your Christmas tree. Georgia

Hobby Lobby Company Information