2. Shopping
  3. Retail Stores

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.69/5

Hobby Lobby Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hobby Lobby?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hobby Lobby?

Original review: June 6, 2020

My order with Hobby Lobby is lost in transit. You can't call this company and talk to anyone because they won't allow it. The recording says to write to them instead. You can't write to them and get a response because they won't respond! I keep writing with NO response at all. Horrible customer service. Now, I am just waiting until I can contest the CC charges.

Resolution response: May 28, 2020

Update... The Hobby Lobby let me exchange and gave me an additional discount. I also got my shipping and handling back on a hobby lobby card. The store employees were very kind and after my experience that was well appreciated. However I still don't recommend ordering fragile items from them online and having it shipped.

Original review: May 28, 2020

I do enjoy shopping at Hobby Lobby in the store. However due to quarantine they were closed so I ordered a $100 lantern thinking that they would package it with comment since like other places I've ordered from. When I received my lantern the box had no fragile stickers and no "this side up" stickers. When I opened the box it had no cushioning to prevent movement. My lanterns top was completely smashed in. The door was torn off. The hinges and the glass was shattered. I called multiple stores to see if I can bring it in for an exchange. Luckily one store had only one in stock. They said they will hold it for an exchange. Hopefully when I get there everything will go well. Whoever is in charge of packaging needs to have more common sense. Beware before ordering online.

Original review: May 27, 2020

I made a purchase for a 24x36 frame. I am not sure if because the box was big or because we are in quarantine my merchandise arrived broken. The box in the outside had a hole so the inside was broken as well. I have emailed the company over 8 times with no reply. I have tried calling so I can get a return slip with no success. When you call the main number it tell you they are not available and to try online. What makes me mad is the fact that when I made the purchase they were available but to return nobody seems to care. I may lose out on 75.00 dollars and it's okay but as an essential employee who has been working hard through covid to make 75 dollars it hurts to lose it with no fault. I will never make a purchase in this store again. I have learned about Joann craft store, this is where I will make all purchases moving forward.

Original review: May 15, 2020

First let me start by saying that I should have done more research on this shady, artifact stealing, fake Christian store. I ordered 4 items on Hobbylobby.com where everything was supposed to be 40% off. Also I added a promo code for an extra 40% off the most expensive item. I put my card information and agree to pay $35... I look at my back statement and HOBBY LOBBY HAS CHARGED ME $59.30. I look in the confirmation email and I am charged FULL PRICE for ALL ITEMS AND an extra $10 for some reason??!!

HOW ON EARTH??!! STRAIGHT UP STEALING!!! I am now waiting the 2-7 business days it takes for them TO RESPOND TO AN EMAIL. And of course it's been more than 2 days. I AM COMPLETELY DISAPPOINTED AND ANGRY. THIS IS NOT A TIME TO BE TAKING PEOPLE'S MONEY WITHOUT PERMISSION. Just save your money and a headache and DO NOT SHOP HERE!

Original review: March 2, 2020

In 2018 I purchased a $400.00 tree at Hobby Lobby. On my second Christmas the lights in the tree were not working properly. I went to the store with the receipt and to my total disappointment Hobby Lobby literally didn’t care. They said they couldn’t do anything once they did not manufacture the tree. What I find awkward is that Hobby Lobby claims to be a Christian store!!! What’s Christian in that? Is that only a way to attract customers? In terms of treating customers as human beings they are far from being at least good. Don’t EVER go to Hobby Lobby for your Christmas tree. Georgia

Original review: Feb. 26, 2020

1) Did not carry some of the new items I had seen were supposed to be out on YouTube.

2) Many of the items I wanted were damaged.
    3) One entire aisle was wrapped and being moved while I was in the store, so could not view items (how about doing this after hours??).
    4) Male store manager less than cordial (women almost exclusively shop here; why is the store full of male managers????).
    5) New price policy: no coupon or sale on items with yellow tag (this really pissed me off).

6) No discount for damaged goods (they will order you a new one which will also likely arrive damaged).

HOBBY LOBBY is no longer my “go to” store!

Original review: Feb. 4, 2020

This is my first buying experience with Hobby Lobby and it was awful. I bought 6 glass candle holders online. One of the 6 was broken. I had my receipt and went to the store to return the item one week later. The cashier told me that she couldn’t return it because it was broken, but called the assistant manager over to confirm that she couldn’t return the item. The assistant manager came over defensive and said that it is their policy. She said they don’t return items bought online that are broken or defective.

I was frustrated and told her I have never heard of a company not returning an item that came broken. She proceeded to tell me that they could not resell it and they would be out the money. I then asked why I should be the one to be out the money? She then asked me in a very rude way why I had an attitude. What Where is the customer service? She proceeded to tell me that she didn’t want to deal with me anymore and she called for her manager. The manager was a little more reasonable, because at least he offered to exchange the product out, but confirmed the policy was true. I am grateful for the manager, but I will not shop there anymore because it just doesn’t seem right that I can’t return an item that was defective or broken when it is delivered from being purchased online.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2020

Purchased a key chain with a large fuzzy "F" on it for no other purpose than to be able to find my keys easily from the bottom of my purse. The fuzzy "F" fell off, who knows where, the first time I used the new key chain. Attempted to return the defective key chain to the Hobby Lobby in McGowin park, Mobile, AL since without the "F", the key chain is absolutely no good to me. The manager, Justin, refused to take back the defective product WITH MY RECEIPT unless I could find the "F" and return the lost "F" with the remainder of the key chain.

Called the Hobby Lobby complaint department to lodge a complaint only to be told, after he put me on hold to call the store directly, that without the "F", the key chain could not be put back on the shelf for sale. Really? It's a defective product that Hobby Lobby should return to the manufacturer or not sell in the first place. So, whatever you do, do NOT purchase a Rainbow Sherbet Collection key chain in Home Decor unless you want to throw your money down the drain.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2019

So I bought yarn at Hobby Lobby for the first time for a specific order. And they were having %30 off all yarn. I bought 7 rolls of Yarn Bee Sage lot 909092 and a few other things for my order. After I check out and get home (about an hr way) I realize they didn't give me the discount and charged me the full 3.99 a roll. :( Then after I start my project I see that about every foot or so the yarn is cut and tied into knots???? I've called them and emailed them lot numbers and pictures. But I couldn't tell you how many knots where tied these 2 rolls (the entire rolls had a cut and tied knot about every foot!). I'm scared to use the other 5 rolls because they are the same lot. :(

This was my first time buying yarn from there and probably the last. :( With as expensive as it is it wasn't all it should have been. :( After calling corporate multiple time and having to get huffy they finally said they would send me a check for the 2 I used but not the other 5 that were the same lot. :( It is a 2 hr round trip for me to return them so I am unable. Shame on you hobby lobby! You have lost a customer. I will not recommend your product to anyone and I hope you do better business in the future! Poor customer service, high prices, horrible quality! I will be sticking to Red Heart Super Saver! Better quality, better price, better service, and better yardage!

Original review: Dec. 9, 2019

I placed an order two months ago, and it was a large one. We were outside the holidays, but it was still large so I waited the 5 days like the website said. On the sixth day I call to find out what was going on with the order and they had the whole thing on hold at the "central warehouse" and didn't know exactly why. They did not ship the entire order because they were waiting on a few items. What the? Ok, I tell the lady, cancel it, this is ridiculous. So they did. What do I do? I stupidly place another order with them, but only for four items this time. Well, guess what. We are at the end of the 2-3 day window they ask for and do you think anything shipped? Nope.

Hobby Lobby Company Information