3.67/5
  • 1 star
Based on 9 reviews that contain star ratings
Show rating distribution
Find the right jewelry store for you
We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

Blue Nile

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: July 24, 2017

9 Blue Nile Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: July 24, 2017

My fiance spent tens of thousands of dollars on a platinum diamond engagement ring. After wearing it for less than 11 months, the platinum prong broke off and the diamond fell out. When we sent it back to Blue Nile, they refused to accept responsibility. They said that the prong broke off because my wedding band (which I had been wearing for only five months) had rubbed the platinum prong until it came off! I do not understand how a platinum wedding band, breaks off a platinum prong in 5 months! They DID NOT STAND BEHIND THEIR MERCHANDISE and made us pay for the repair. I will NEVER purchase anything from Blue Nile and I will warn everyone to take their business elsewhere. They should have stood behind their merchandise!

Original review: May 1, 2017

Placed an order online on 29th April 2017 for a loose diamond online and paid by credit card - Mastercard. Blue Nile offered -€100 for paying via bank transfer. However when ordering a Diamond online that you had never seen before from an overseas supplier with no prior inspection, it makes perfect sense to pay with a credit card to ensure that you have some form a consumer protection if something goes wrong.

The order was supposed to ship on 2nd May in time for an important date on 6th May. Received an arrogant phone call from a representative called David on the 1st May to demand a bank transfer to fulfill the order or the order would be canceled. No reason given - they would not accept any of my credit cards. Checked with my banks regarding credit cards and everything is in order. Blue Nile wasted my time when I had an important date set for 6th May - finding alternative supplier i.e. James Allen. Don't waste your time with this company - they offer online card payments facilities that they are not willing to accept - clearly want the cash to avoid having to honor the credit card reassurance.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Jan. 23, 2017

Blue Nile has a great website and a storefront in Westchester. They make quality jewelry affordable and accessible. You can look at the jewelry online in the privacy of your home, then go and try on what you are interested in at the storefront. Salespeople are knowledgeable and helpful. To top it all off, they are offering discounts off their listed online prices. Doesn't get better than this. And what you order does not disappoint.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2016

They treated me well and let me try on several pieces of jewelry before I bought what I wanted. They were helpful and not too pushy. The price was very reasonable. They had a ton for me to choose from. Several different choices of gemstones and precious metals to choose from. It was a lot of fun trying on different styles. I tried on some rings, a necklace, looked at earrings to go with the necklaces. It was great. It was a little pricey, but I felt it was worth it. They offered an easy payment plan for my purchase. They promised no blood diamonds, which was great. I think that is why the price was a little more, but still fair for what I bought. It was great. Done very well. My jewelry will last for years and years. I will be able to pass it on to my daughters and maybe they will pass it on to their daughters. Keeping it in the family as an heirloom.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2016

They were very helpful when I was looking for a specific item. I was not sure where to find it and they assists me. I could not have made my purchase if it was not for the customer service rep. I was looking for a pair of diamond earring for my daughter's wedding. I wanted a hanging earring with a french back. The rep told me where to find them. They have a diamond shaped top for the french back and a diamond shape on the bottom. They were reasonably priced for the item. I had seen others similar but they were much too expensive for me. These were one hundred and fifty which was in my budget, but they look much more expensive. They are an excellent quality. The diamonds sparkle. They are in a silver setting which really makes them pop. I receive a lot of compliments whenever I wear them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Blue Nile?

Original review: Aug. 14, 2016

I have found that the customer service at this site to be very helpful. I had questions about the pearl bracelets I wanted to purchase, and their expertise helped me to decide which pieces to select. They have a wide-range of gemstone and diamond presets, as well as pearl sets, diamonds, and styles. They specialize in diamonds and wedding diamonds, but you'll be able to find the piece of your choice outside of wedding occasion for which you want the jewelry. The price ranges from moderate to very expensive, as they sell couture pieces and one of kinds. This is not a discount shop. If you shop, there, prepare to spend. The quality is stupendous. I purchased a mere $95 pearl bracelet and the quality is extraordinary. There is no junk here. Diamonds are certified.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2016

The customer service is so top notch. They bring the heat and really do it the way it should be done. I found them very quite appealing! Would recommend them in a heartbeat! They had a very large selection of jewelry that would make any woman go crazy over. They are crazy talented at what they do! Good stuff! The price seems to be just about right for everything that they offer! Every item and piece is very reasonable and better that you could get elsewhere! They do a great job! The quality really is most definitely the most top notch that you could get! You won't be able to believe it! You will be telling all of your friends about this place. It is just that impressive!

Original review: Aug. 5, 2016

Everyone was very helpful and understanding of my needs and all worked hard to make sure that I was getting what I wanted for a fair and reasonable price. I was very surprised at the selection that the store had. It was all very nice and appealing merchandise to me. I am very glad that I chose this location. The prices at this location were very competitive compared to other locations, there was no shopping around to be done which made it very much easy for me. I was very surprised by the quality of the items at this location. All of the items looked well displayed and I could instantly tell that the quality of the items were good.

Original review: March 29, 2016

My husband purchased my Engagement Ring from Blue Nile in 12/15. It's absolutely flawless and their customer service was amazing. We are both very satisfied with Blue Nile and we will spread the word!

Blue Nile expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Blue Nile is an online-only jewelry company that has been in business since 1999. The company is headquartered in Seattle, Washington and offers customers a huge selection of products containing diamonds; customers can search the company's inventory of diamond by carat weight, clarity, color, and more.

• Certified diamonds: The diamonds that Blue Nile sells to customers are all certified so customers can be sure they are of high quality and from a legitimate source.
    • No commission sales: Blue Nile salespeople do not work on commission, so customers can expect unbiased service, and they will not be pressured to make a purchase they are uncertain about.
    • 30-day return policy: The company offers customers who order products a 30-day period to return any piece they are unhappy with.
    • Jewelry education: Blue Nile's website has an education section about jewelry and how to pick pieces to wear and give as gifts, so it's a helpful resource for customers looking for more information before they shop.
    • Free shipping: Customers who order jewelry from Blue Nile receive it through free, fast shipping.
    • Best for: Couples getting engaged and customers looking to buy a luxury gift.
    Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs