2. Pets
  3. Dog Treats

3.9/5 (203 ratings)
Shop Now on Chewy

Feed your dog fresh food

Get 50% off your first order on Nom Nom Now. Restrictions Apply!

Learn more

About Waggin Train Treats

Feed your dog fresh food

Get 50% off your first order on Nom Nom Now. Restrictions Apply!

Learn more

Waggin Train Treats Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Waggin Train Treats?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Waggin Train Treats?

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

My Rat Terrier love them. They're the only Chicken Jerky that actually smells like chicken. I guess because of all the problems others have had they have been taken off the shelf. I guess my pup will have to make do with Chinese Duck Jerky. He love that too.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2018

I purchased this product for my beloved 12 yr old Jack Russell Terrier, Boo on 8-28-2018 at our local Walmart because I had a .75€ coupon off and the package advertising boasted “only two ingredients” and “twice baked;” which indicated to me it’s a natural product that’s safe for my pet. WRONG!!! Boo began showing symptoms immediately of discomfort; but I didn’t pick up on it from coming from feeding simple ‘natural’ treats...He was licking and biting excessively as though in pain. So I purchased some plain yogurt and gave him a teaspoon in hopes this would calm his tummy - it didn’t. Boo’s distress only continued to grow; a dog that never refused a meal; well, now, no way was he touching ANY FOOD! I knew something seriously wrong. Then the vomiting??? started, and when he had nothing left to vomit; he vomited bile and blood.

But it didn’t stop...bloody diarrhea over and over again even when he had nothing left to diarrhea out... just that feeling of having to go caused him to stress and strain over and over again. It was heartbreaking. By this time it was late Saturday evening (9/1/2018); my only option for veterinary therapy was emergency services at MEDVET-Dayton an hour drive from my home. Boo was diagnosed with Hemorrhagic gastroenteritis. He was hospitalized from 9/1-9/3 (I had to take him home on the third because my credit card??? had reached its limit). Boo received this treatment while hospitalized: Aggressive IV fluids. IV antibiotics. Medications to help control nausea and help settle his stomach pain.

Upon discharge, Boo was sent home with two prescriptions and recommendation to buy one OTC medication. Boo’s to eat a bland diet of boiled chicken and rice offered in mini-meals of 5-6 per day. No treats. If any signs of previous symptoms recur or additional symptoms occur either bring to family vet or return to MEDVET for further evaluation and care. My total cost for feeding Boo these horrific treats (which he only had approximately a total of four) is $1333.78. I believe it’s time to bring a class action suit against Purina and Waggin Train Dog Treats.

Original review: July 18, 2018

Purchase Waggin Trains yesterday 7-10-18 from Sam's Club. My dog start getting sick around 6 pm today, she is vomiting and very quiet, not her at all. After seeing her behavior I Google and find out the several complaints from other people. How sad after see reviews from 2014 and this item still in the market. Please don't buy this product ever. Sam's please remove item right away. Animal cruelty very cruelty. My dog was a very healthy and is 8 year old. Her record is clean. She has been in the Animal Hospital now for 8 days. Please help us stop animal cruelty... ASAP. I'm a Sam's member for years. My receipt and record is up to date. I'm so mad and sad. :(. I’m contacting them today and plan on filing suit if it isn’t taken off the shelves!

Original review: May 3, 2018

We bought these treats because the package says there are only 2 ingredients in them. We gave ONE to my 62-lb English Pointer and he has had diarrhea for going on 2 days. I read other reviews online that said pets went into kidney and liver failure after having these death-snacks. I took my dog to the vet this morning, and we are monitoring carefully. But read the back of the package: They are made in China! So, there are no guidelines on what actually goes into them. They were recalled in 2013 for the same reason, and Purina revamped them somehow to get them back on the market. Shame on you, Purina, for endangering our pets. DO NOT BUY ANY PURINA PRODUCTS. PERIOD.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

I purchase Waggin Trains yesterday 2-11-18 from Sam's Club. My dog start getting sick around 6 pm today, she is vomiting and very quiet, not her at all. After see her behavior I Google and find out the several complaints from other people. How sad after see reviews from 2014 and this item still in the market. Please don't buy this product ever. Sam's please remove item right away. Animal cruelty very cruelty. My dog is very healthy and is over a year old. Her record is clean. Please help us stop animal cruelty... ASAP. I'm a Sam's member for years. My receipt and record is up to date. I'm so mad and sad. :(

Original review: Nov. 18, 2017

Have been feeding my dogs these for years with no trouble. Now they are very sick, vomiting and diarrhea. Very disgusted with Purina for allowing this to be sold!!! Wished I'd looked at this site sooner.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2017

I have two healthy pugs whom I gave Waggin Train Chicken Jerky Tenders. They became very sick vomiting all day and constant diarrhea from these treats. When I called the 866 number customer service was very rude and asked a lot of questions regarding my dogs. They seem more concerned and asking questions to cover themselves versus concern of your pets. I will never purchase this item again. I cannot believe this item is still on the market.

Original review: May 11, 2017

One month ago, I started to give my chihuahua Waggin Train Treats. He is currently in an animal hospital with liver damage, kidney damage, loss of bladder control, vomiting, diarrhea, and refuses to eat. The vet says that she has done research online and that this product has a history of causing these symptoms in dogs.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2017

My beloved dog started having problems with his ALK Liver enzyme. After research on the internet I discovered this chicken jerky product had been recalled because it was causing liver damage to dogs (and any other pet that consumes this product). They are still on the shelves because they now use some chemically adjusted form of light to disguise the dangerous chemicals they use in these treats. I am so grateful to this site and all info on this dangerous treat. BUYER BEWARE!!! I will now only buy American produced food and treats for my dog.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2016

After feeding Waggin Train Chicken Jerky to my 5 yr old hound dog he became critically sick, profuse vomiting, lethargic, swollen stomach, tender L side. Dog admitted to veterinary hospital with intestinal infection and kidney infection. SICK 10 DAYS. May recover 50/50. China/Purina selling poison food Knowingly!!!

Waggin Train Treats Company Information