2. Pets
  3. Pet Care

1800petmeds.com

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.83/5

1-800-PetMeds is a pharmacy that sells medications and supplies for dogs, cats and horses online or over the phone. You can mail your pet’s prescriptions or have your vet verify the scripts with 1-800-PetMeds. The company’s pet-supply pricing is competitive, and its rewards program offers a $5 credit when you earn a certain number of points. It backs its products with a satisfaction guarantee and delivers most products within a week.

Find affordable pet supplies

Shop now on BudgetPetCare

Visit Website

Find affordable pet supplies

Shop now on BudgetPetCare

Visit Website

1-800-PetMeds Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about 1-800-PetMeds?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about 1-800-PetMeds?

Original review: Nov. 19, 2019

First, this company does not acknowledge orders. Most reputable companies send an email and follow up with shipping info. The label on my product indicates it was filled 11/4 19 yet I just received it today, 11/19/19. Sorry but this is 2019 not 1960. Nearly 3 weeks is just too long for me. I will not order from them again.

1-800-PetMeds response
    Hi Melody and thanks for your feedback. We're very sorry the shipping took so long and we would love to see what happened in this instance. Please let us know your Order Number or Customer Number so we can investigate this for you. Thank you.

~ Abby, PetMeds Pro

Original review: Nov. 5, 2019

I bought my cat some ** transdermal gel which is used to treat hyperthyroidism. When the packaged arrived it was in a box that had an ice pack in it. Which is nice but but confusing because it's not like it's the middle of summer and I've never heard of transdermal gel needing refrigeration. Then the syringe says oral use only. Transdermal gel is not oral medication, transdermal literally means through the skin. I ended up having to call customer service three different times just for them to confirm that it does go on the ear and to disregard where it says oral use only.

At first one of them said I didn't order transdermal gel but then quickly realized that was incorrect. What if I hadn't known about transdermal and gave it to my cat orally? I just think these things should be checked more thoroughly and their customer service reps should be able to see this information. Everyone just kept telling me to call my vet even though I had explained that my question was more about their packaging on their product. My first experience with this company was not a good first impression.

1-800-PetMeds response
    Thanks for your feedback. We're sorry you had a bad experience with us. We contacted the company that prepared the compound medication were assured that they will label the syringes to ensure that customers know not to give it by mouth. This will help ensure other cats remain safer by having clearer and more accurate labeling on the medication. The ice is meant to keep the medication fresher for longer periods of time during transit since the compound pharmacy is located in FL.

~ Abby, PetMeds

Original review: Oct. 22, 2019

I always buy from 1800-PetMeds and this one time they forgot to ship an item. I called. They were very helpful without asking they Shipped out the product overnight!! Free of charge! Great company. Highly recommend.

1-800-PetMeds response
    Thank you so much for your kind feedback, and for being part of our PetMeds family. We really appreciate it!

Original review: Oct. 6, 2019

I placed an order online for non-prescription flea medication. A couple of hours later I receive an email that I need to call to verify my information. I use Live Chat to ask what the issue is. I was told it was not a payment issue but I still needed to call in because they needed to verify my information. WHAT?? I have never had to do that when placing an online order with ANY company. I canceled my order and gladly paid a few bucks more to order from Chewy without the hassle. That is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. I will not be returning as a customer.

1-800-PetMeds response
    Hi Cosette, and thank you for your feedback. We're very sorry for any inconvenience, but we take your online security seriously, and for your first order, there was some information we needed to confirm. We regret that this resulted in losing you as a customer. Take care.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2019

I have been using PetMeds for over two years and always experienced them to dependable and also learned they are affordable medication! Our dog is on life long medication and so I appreciate their excellent business practice!

1-800-PetMeds response
    Thank you so much for taking the time to leave such nice feedback, and for being part of our PetMeds family. We really appreciate it!

~ Abby, PetMeds Pro

Original review: Sept. 9, 2019

I ordered two pet beds from their site two weeks ago. I’ve been calling for the last five days to see where order is. They keep telling me it’s shipping today and we will send you a tracking number. They never ship it or send tracking number. The customer service reps are rude and could care less. This is the worst company I have ever dealt with. Incompetent staff and poor service. Their website says 3-5 day shipping. It’s been 14 days and they can’t give me any answers. Stay away from this company.

1-800-PetMeds response
    Hi Tami. I am very sorry for the delay. As we mentioned yesterday, the beds have already shipped. These particular beds are custom made at the time of order, which is the reason for the delay. I'm very sorry you were not given this information at the time, and we especially regret that you did not receive excellent customer service when you tried to follow up on this.

~ Abby, PetMeds Pro

Original review: July 26, 2019

I made overnight order. It never came the next day. It never came the next day. I called. The woman took the extra 19.99 fee I paid for overnight. She said I would receive it today. I did not. I called. It had not even shipped out!!! I was confirmed by email four days ago. Then by a person yesterday that for sure I would receive the item today. After two confirmations, a total fail! I do not trust anything this company says or puts out. How can you? The customer service person kept acting like I should know they were in FL & it was a time thing. I don’t believe they had the product to ship out & were stalling making excuses. This is a very bad quality in a company. Do not trust!

I ended up getting the product for much less from Chewy. It was only flea product I needed. I would never trust what they said otherwise. Sorry but if you don’t tell the truth & aren’t accurate, how am I supposed to trust your product? And Chewy is next day without paying the 19.99. This company makes you think they are giving you a deal, there was no deal!! I would have paid 30.00 more than at Chewy even though the way they put it it looked like way less. They do a switcher on you when you put in info on product. Nope not trusting this company again to even fill a water bowl.

1-800-PetMeds response
    Hi Jennifer and thank you for your feedback. We're very sorry your order did not ship when expected - most orders do ship the same day. In this case, since this was a first-time order, for your security it was necessary for us to confirm some information from you and we were unable to ship the order until we heard back from you.

~ Abby, PetMeds Pro

Original review: July 20, 2019

Yesterday I ordered Advantage II for both my cats and my dogs. At check out I confirmed with a payment of $97.97 but $131.52 was taken from my bank account. That's $33.55 more than what I confirmed at check out. This is upsetting as I am on a low income. I wouldn't have ordered if the price was $131.52 at check out.

1-800-PetMeds response
    Hi Melissa. We're very sorry for any confusion. Unfortunately, we are unable to identify your account from the attached image. We would love the chance to look into this for you. Please let us know your Order Number or Customer Number so that we can investigate this further. Thank you!

~ Abby, PetMeds Pro

Original review: July 18, 2019

It took 40 minutes of customer "service" objecting and twisting pricing numbers before a $10 discount was offered as a "one-time courtesy". I wouldn't patronize this Company...I was disgusted. Other companies appear to have much better regular pricing without all the self-serving nonsense of advertised percentages off and "discounts".

1-800-PetMeds response
    Hi Gerry and thank you for your feedback. We're very sorry you were disappointed with your experience with us. Please note that we do have a low price guarantee. If you happen to find a lower price elsewhere, just let us know. We meet any price at the time of order from dot-pharmacy verified websites.

~ Abby, PetMeds Pro

Original review: June 17, 2019

They send me an email for reordering 2 prescriptions. I get a call a week after confirming the order and the pharmacist tells me that I am ordering 1 of them too early! How am I doing it too early when they are the ones sending me the reminder to order again? Then the pharmacist had me count the remaining pills I have. When he finds out I will need more in a week, he questions me about it like I am misusing my 18 year old dog's meds. My dog takes 1 piece of a pill every 8-12 hours (or as needed for pain).

I have never been treated this way when ordering his medications elsewhere. The man or woman on phone was rude and unhelpful! I have cancelled the order with 1800-PetMeds and will happily get them filled through my vet again. They did not care one bit about losing a customer, nor did they try anything to correct the issue. I DO NOT recommend 1800-PetMeds for elderly animals that require medication to function!!! I will never order with them again for any animal I have due to the way they handled this refill (that they sent me an email saying it was time to order again)!! Terrible customer service!

1-800-PetMeds response
    Hi Erin. We're very sorry for your experience. We would like to investigate what happened in this instance and make it right for you. So that we can identify your account, can you please let us know your Order Number, your Customer Number, or the email on your account? We value you as a customer and would appreciate the opportunity to look into this further. You can reach me directly by email. Thank you.

1-800-PetMeds Company Information