Looking for a deal website?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

4.01/5
Based on 4,761 ratings submitted in the last year

5508 Amazon.com Consumer Reviews

Original review: Dec. 2, 2018

Looks like there is a lot of issues with Amazon deliveries this year. I am a Prime member and it has been going on 4 days after today. It keep saying out for delivery and then by 5:00 it says issues with delivery. It wouldn’t be so bad except if they say a certain day you wait home and expect it hoping it is there and no one took it finding out that is not delivered. I am not sure what Amazon’s issues are this year, but you probably won’t receive your package in 2 days as promised so paying for Amazon Prime might not be worth it. Customer service is no help unfortunately.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2018

I purchased an item from Amazon, it didn't arrive as scheduled. So I did the online chat. I asked where the item was, turns out even though I received an email saying it shipped, it didn't. I've been a Prime member for at least 5 years, I was told to reorder the item and Amazon would WAIVE THE SHIPPING! I said I don't pay for shipping, I'm a Prime member, I was told five different times my shipping was going to be waived, and all five times, I said I don't pay for shipping. I even asked if he was reading what I was saying, since he kept saying shipping charges would be waived.

What really got me was his English, several times I looked at my screen because the words were so out of order. I wondered if I was really talking to someone at Amazon. One sentence was "We shipping charges waived will be". Obviously, I asked what he was saying because I couldn't grasp what he was saying. I was transferred 4 different times. I was told I wasn't patient, the item just didn't get shipped, it should arrive in 7-10 business days. When I asked about 2-day shipping, I was transferred. I spent over an hour online trying to find out what was going on, and never did. Amazon's customer service has taken a noticeable nose dive in the past year. Obviously I won't be renewing my Prime membership.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2018

My name is Deepak. Email id is ** which is registered with Amazon. My Amazon account is on hold from last 6 months. I don't know why. Last week I did recharge from Amazon Pay. They deducted my money but recharge was not successful. When I pay the recharge amount I immediately received email from Amazon which saying “your order has been cancelled”. When I ask for refund the customer representative said, "Your account is on hold. We can't help. You need to mail investigation team." I wrote many mail to investigate@amazon.in what they are not replying. They suspended my 8 year old Amazon account. This is simply cheating with customers. Please help me anyone.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

I've been shopping at Amazon for years. I've been Prime member for 3 years. This year is the last one I will be Prime member. After my Black Friday shopping, I think out of 10 deliveries, only 1 or 2 made it on time. When contacting customer support, they would usually care about the item being late and would try to help me or give me a compensation for my trouble. After a few late deliveries, I'm being told to be patient as it's a busy season and "is there anything else I can do for you?" I asked about guaranteed delivery service and the rep told me it's because of the overload of orders and that it's not under their control. Weirdly enough, I read everywhere that it's a guaranteed concept and they usually give a compensation.

Back in the days, I would have my Prime membership extended of a month whenever I had late deliveries. I always give kudos to Amazon to do this as they basically took ownership and responsibilities of their lateness. Lately, when such things would happen, they would give me a 5$ compensation for my trouble. Now, they just don't seem to care anymore which is a big disappointment. Honestly, the 5$ is nothing... It's purely figurative but at least it shows that they want to make it up to me. But being told I have to be patient and that's it... That's not what Costco would tell me and I'm a member that pays roughly 150$/year for membership. Now, I will simply go back to regular customer for Amazon. With time, others will realize the same thing I did and slowly but surely, Amazon will start to tank like other big retailers who did not care about their customer.

Good luck Amazon in the future. You might be the biggest fish at the moment but time and karma can be a **. ;-) And I believe in Karma. The fact that I took the time to write this waste already enough energy, especially considering the fact that Amazon will never read my review... But if you do, take action as soon as you can. Promoting Amazon at this point will simply confirm and justify that they can now ignore us even if we have trouble with our orders. Don't give them 100$/year for membership. Buy items elsewhere to avoid giving them all of the profit. Even if they price-match the same item, we, as customer, are giving them market share even if they barely make any profit on the item. I'd rather go helping local businesses that do care about my business than Amazon did this 2018 Black Friday.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

They have the most incompetent delivery crew I’ve ever experienced. Ever since the distribution center has taken over I’ve had nothing but serious problems with receiving my merchandise. They don’t know how to read house numbers, I find my packages on my neighbor's porch. They “lose” my merchandise and Amazon has to reimburse me and I have to start the order process over. They even record that merchandise was delivered and it wasn’t. Perhaps to someone else, but not to me! For that reason I will no longer be a customer of Amazon. I’ve given them ample opportunities to correct the egregious deliveries but serious and expensive mistakes continue to happen. Amazon was MUCH MORE EFFECTIVE when merchandise was sent by the US POSTAL SERVICE. They still charge the customers for shipping and handling but the service has gone severely downhill.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Amazon.com?

Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

We had ordered the Kindle HD 8 Fire Kids Edition on April 10th 2018. I received it a week later and everything was great until my son ran the battery down. Then it refused to charge or set up and I was informed that this was an issue with Kindles and that I had to send it in for a replacement. When we received our first replacement It had a scratch along it. Within a week it turn from a scratch to a crack and I had to contact them once again on a replacement. Within a week I received our 2nd kindle which turned out to be refurbished and it kept freezing. Once again I contacted Amazon and send it in to get a new replacement. Received this refurbished Kindle and after 7 days whenever I powered it on it went straight to Amazon's reset menu. I was getting frustrated but went ahead and sent it in and waited for our next Kindle.

This was on November 16th of 2018. By the 23rd I had not heard anything so I contacted them and they said that the replacement was on its way and it should be here within 3 to 5 days. Fast forward to today December 1st 2018. I contacted them again and they said that unfortunately the item is out of stock and I would not be able to receive my replacement. I would have to repurchase the Kindle at full price and they would reimburse me the amount once they were able to ship the item. I refuse to do that and asked about getting a refund on the item.

The best that they would do after arguing with them for two hours was a $50 reimbursement. So we had a Kindle for less than eight months that had to be returned four times and end up receiving less than half of the item price. I will never buy another device from Amazon and as of now I'm looking through other websites to find another place to do my shopping. And I have pictures of each of the Kindles that I had issues on and have it on a review through Amazon.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

I ordered 17 items all at once from Amazon. Checked tracking and said all were delivered, however 3 items were never received. Checked with neighbors, nobody got my stuff. I work from home and my office overlooks my front porch, and I also live in a gated community, so the chance that something might've been swiped off of my porch is pretty much slim to none. Contacted customer service via chat and was told they can't refund or replace, and that I'll have to wait for them to "investigate." Keeping in mind that I literally order from Amazon at LEAST 2x week, every week, and I've never had an issue like this, it's ridiculous to be treated as though I'm in the wrong. The items missing total less than $40 (out of the $548 I spent on the order). Being treated as though I'm trying to scam the company out of these items is insulting and infuriating.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

I placed a order on 11/22/18, 11/23/18 I received an alert stating the order shipped. I contacted Amazon on 11/25/18 in regards to changing the address. I was told I needed to contact FedEx myself to change the address, I contacted FedEx and was told that if I change the address there will be a fee. So I instructed the rep not to change anything and to leave the address as is. I then contacted Amazon again to inform them what I was told. The rep then stated he would contact them not to worry but never requested the shipping address so I asked, "How can you end the communication with me without having a new shipping address," he stated, "Oh I won't need it." I then asked, "Well how can you change it if you don't know where to ship it." At that point I ended the chat and left everything as is.

On 11/29/18 I received an alert the order was out for delivery so I waited all day and by 8 pm I received an alert the delivery was rescheduled. I immediately contacted Amazon and was there was nothing they could do and the package would definitely be delivered 11/30/18 and not to worry. But this was after the rep went back and forth with me in regards to the delivery date and how I need to be patient. 11/30/18 comes and get an alert again the order is out for delivery. By 1:05 pm I get an alert from FedEx they could not deliver because the business was closed.

My home is not a business, I contacted Amazon. The rep contacted FedEx on a 3 way call. The FedEx rep stated there was no apartment number and requested the apartment number and stated the package will be delivered by 3 pm on 11/30/18. By 6 pm there was no delivery. I contacted Amazon again and the rep (Mark **) was horrible. He put me on hold and transferred me to FedEx without warning and just left the call. The FedEx rep stated I would have to pick up the order if I wanted it the same day. I called Amazon again and the rep called FedEx again. We were told the previous reps lied and that I would not get my package until 12/3/18 hopefully.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

I placed an order for "Ten Toes Boards Emporium Zed Bamboo Longboard Skateboard Cruiser, 44", Aqua Fishtail" on 25th Nov. Since I am a Prime member, hence the delivery was supposed to be by 27th Nov as claimed by Amazon. On 28th I asked about my order the answer was it is in transit. Shall be delivered on 29th. Again on 29th same answer with new date of 30th. On 30th again I contacted them and now they are telling me it will be delivered on 2nd December. Seriously is it a joke or what? Really pissed off. Poor customer service. Never going to use Amazon, overly priced and rated.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

Here's our experience with our last four orders: 1) Delivered Late, 2) Received a text that order would be late, then received an email it was being sent back because it could not be delivered, then received an email that the item was damaged, and finally, we were emailed informing us the order, which was scheduled for delivery on 11/7/18 would not be delivered until sometime in January. Ordered the same item from a Prime seller and the day it was scheduled to arrive, we were notified that the order was canceled with no explanation.

Finally, the 4th order was scheduled to arrive by 8 p.m. on 11/30/18. A one-hour telephone conversation with customer service was nothing more than a waste of time. We had to request the item be delivered to a different address as we would not be here to receive it being that it was not delivered as promised, and Amazon C/S Rep could not accommodate this request. It seems that since we paid that 20% increase for membership, Amazon's product prices have increased, Delivery Service has ceased, and Customer Service is non-existent. Amazon is not worthy of our time or business because they no longer care about the paying customers who made them successful in the first place. I only gave them a "1" star because there wasn't an option to leave them a big fat "0". Shame on Amazon. You started something good, but you've lost the ability to maintain it.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

I couldn't return my item due to a hazard and I was told by an Amazon employee to "hide the hazard and don't tell UPS about the damage." I got hung up on twice. And one person in chat constantly copy and pasted the same sentence over and over again when I asked to speak with a manager because his solutions weren't working. I canceled my Amazon Prime and I'll never order from Amazon again. Horrible.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

Bought Salter Nutri Pro Super Charged Multi-Purpose Nutrient Extractor Blender. Got it shipped to a UK courier so it gets delivered to Malta. Delivery charges were 14 euro. Item costed over €40. Now I have to send it back to get a refund and the postage is going to cost over €40!!!! It's one thing if I didn't like the item however this item was defective. Smoke was coming out of it when I used it for the first time. I'm lucky my house did not catch on fire!!! Totally unacceptable!!! Contacted Amazon and I keep getting an automated email from a different person.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

I recently bought a dock from Amazon, that is eligible for Shipping to SA. First off, the dock is sold, in my opinion, in a deliberately misleading way. See for yourself, **. Looks like a dock with a speaker? Wrong, its just a dock, the speaker is sold separately, which is not mentioned anywhere in the description. After I received the dock, I got hold of Amazon and was told to return the dock. I mentioned that shipping would cost $240 and it would be cheaper for them just to send me the speaker ($70).

I was told that I would be refunded the shipping costs to return the dock by more than one Service Adviser. After I had already returned the dock, I was told that they supplied incorrect information and they would only refund me $150. I think that is completely unethical and disgusting behavior. How can I be expected to incur costs because 1. their supplier advertises in a false manner and 2. their own service advisers give out incorrect information. I have emailed them multiple times and all they do is stonewall and try and bully you into accepting the reduced amount.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

I recently canceled my Prime membership. The process appeared to go well; I received confirmation of my cancellation and a refund for the current month in which I hadn't used Prime benefits. However, the next month my membership was reopened without my permission and I was charged at the monthly rate. I noticed the fraudulent charge and had to cancel my membership again. I was refunded for this month as well, but this kind of slimy business is indicative of the purportedly customer service focused electronic commerce behemoth. It is no different than stealing. Amazon does not deserve your business.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

Poor customer service and they won’t refund me. I receive some energy drinks in the mail today and they were leaking. Busted up. I called and they won’t even do nothing about it. They said, "Sorry too bad," and they won’t even verify my account. My address is wrong. It’s the same address I’ve been using. It’s what I do every product. Very very rude. I will never use Amazon again.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

Another member of our household made a purchase through Amazon. Per my previous review on 08/02/18, Amazon has a bunch of random people making their deliveries. Earlier today, there was a loud violent banging on our front door, to the point where it could only be described as aggressive (not "assertive"... AGGRESSIVE). Shocked at the rudeness of the person calling, I went to the front door and opened it within 10 seconds of the knock, and I saw the back of a young man of about 22 all the way down at the curb, jumping into an unmarked white van. Once again, Amazon's "employees" cease to amaze.

Beyond that, I received a VERY forward (aggressive) email saying that I had violated their review guidelines in many of my "recent reviews". I haven't reviewed anything in a while, so this is completely out of nowhere. There was no example provided, no review cited... but basically a random threat to revoke my "privilege" to share my experience of... something. (I'm awaiting a response to my email inquiry for details.) I think they can keep their merchandise this Christmas season... maybe always. I'm not going to give my money to a company that so hates its customers and lacks basic integrity and honor.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

I order a lot of things on Amazon, so I figured I'd pay for the Prime membership for the free 2-day shipping. Over the past year, I've gotten at least a dozen late deliveries from Amazon that were promised 2 days. What really grates me is when the item shows that it will be delivered in 2 days, I then buy it and the order detail shows that it won't be delivered for a week or so; this practice is fraudulent since Amazon knows this but won't be upfront about it.

Occasionally, Amazon will - while saying Prime and 2-day delivery - tell you that it will be a day or two beyond that. Just today, Amazon has a delivery estimate of some items I bought 8 days ago (Prime - 2-day!) being delivered by 8 pm this evening. UPS already drove by this evening, so I hopped online and the Amazon site still says delivery by 8 pm tonight.

However, when I go to UPS website and track it, the items were just received in NJ (I'm in NC). I called Amazon to complain and they gave me a $5 credit (whoopee!) and further tell me that they have until Dec. 6th (another week) before I can file for a refund or re-order. REALLY? I've come to the conclusion that ordering from Amazon is NOT going to be my first shopping choice in the future and that Prime membership is a joke... Save your money as I will when I don't re-do it this coming year. Amazon seems to be in freefall as I've seen and heard a number of complaints from my circle of friends.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

I've been an Amazon Prime customer for over 10 years and I was very satisfied until recently. Starting about a year ago, the two days guaranteed delivery started to gradually miss the delivery day. At the beginning I thought that was just problems because of the implementation of Amazon logistics in my area. But I now realized that the Prime shipping has become totally unreliable, with just about any of the carries due to the fact that they just keep transferring the packages back and forth between UPS, FedEx, USPS and AMZ during the delivery. And with this, tracking becomes useless and often packages get lost or are late several days.

I wish at this time we could have an alternative to Amazon, but the fact is that other e-commerce sites do not offer same variety because they do not have so many merchants, creates what I feel like a monopoly. Bad Service and no alternatives.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

I ordered 2 items 2 days ago and was promised delivery yesterday. Today tracking says this: We're sorry your package is late. We're working to get your package back on track, and we'll let you know when your package is out for delivery. Please come back Saturday if you still don't have it and we'll help you out. Was expected Wednesday, November 28. When I ask Alexa where my package is she says it will deliver by Dec 6!!! WTH, Amazon?!

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

Several late Prime 2-day shipping orders. Finally fed up after another delay and contacted Amazon customer service through their online chat. Total unaccountability from Amazon even though they agreed promised 2 day delivery. Offered $5 credit on $50 order and wanted to give me phone number for carrier of shipment so I could deal with them further. Are you kidding me?! Don’t ask me to do YOUR job Amazon. You deal with the carrier, you hired them! Even when I spoke with supposedly the top customer service person, I literally had to ask for at least an apology on Amazon’s end, because they had yet to say they were sorry after almost a 30 minute conversation. Ridiculous. Very disappointed in this company I have done business with since they began. Get it together Amazon and stop making shipping promises you can’t deliver.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

A few weeks ago, I ordered a battery for my wife's cordless phone. In a couple of days, an envelope arrived and I received notice that the order had been delivered. The envelope was empty! It took an entire afternoon to get a refund. About the same time, I ordered a DVD burner on eBay. (Be patient. This will come back to Amazon.) I received notice that the order was delivered. When I opened the envelope there was no DVD Drive. There was a 10 inch silicone rubber **!

Apparently, eBay uses Amazon as a fulfillment company. The return address was an Amazon warehouse in Las Vegas! I guess they have people who can't read filling orders. I am still waiting for my DVD burner to arrive, but I won't be surprised if a number of other weird things take place. I don't think you want any more details on the **. Dealing with Amazon Customer Service is dealing with a series of robots. Describe your problem in 100 characters or less.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

11/25/18. Hi There, I made an order in Amazon, order no: ** which should be delivered on 19/11/2018. I received a message on 19th from Amazon that says my order is delivered but it's not delivered yet and courier people are not answering for my calls. Few times they responded and courier boy told me to remind him later to deliver but he just left the hometown with the parcel. People trust Amazon very much but they are bluffing the customers before they deliver and they are very careless with customer orders. Courier people are quite unprofessional. They haven't responded to me even after I submitted feedback to Amazon, so they don't care a customer.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

I have ordered from Amazon for years. Last year (2017) I started to have problems with deliveries, customer service, and inaccurate reviews. As a Prime member you are guaranteed overnight or 2 day shipping on various products. Deliveries stopped coming on time even though I was paying extra for the service. I realized that I could never rely on Amazon again when 7 out of 10 Christmas gifts I ordered with guaranteed delivery dates didn’t show up until after Christmas. Each gift was from a different company so it wasn’t as if just one company made an error... and they were all ordered 2-3 weeks in advance. When they didn’t arrive on the guaranteed dates I called customer service and was guaranteed another date. Still did not receive the items and all the while the items were still being offered for sale on Amazon with a guarantee to arrive before Christmas.

Finally, 2 days before Christmas I was told I would have to reach each company myself and take it up with them. Those gifts were for my children. From then on I only ordered from Amazon if the delivery date wasn’t critical and canceled my Prime membership that had become useless. Then I realized that a lot of the items I purchased based on great reviews clearly did not deserve 4 and 5 stars. Everything that drew me to Amazon in the 1st place was gone? The reviews were not reliable, the delivery dates were not reliable, customer service simply told me to contact the sellers if I had a problem (which was next to impossible)... Amazon was not standing behind what they sold or the companies they were in partnership with.

Finally I was locked out of my account with a message saying someone other than me tried to order on my account with a number to call. Nobody had used my credit card so I’m not sure what they were referring to, I could never get a person on the phone or an answer to my email messages. I can still order on my husband's account but I won’t because I find the way they are now operating as criminal!

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

I was expecting an Amazon delivery, when I got a call from a number I didn't recognize and a man's voice said "** you son of a **", twice. I hung up, and later tracked the call, learning it was the Amazon delivery phone number. Amazon took my complaint information and told me they would escalate and respond within 24 hours. I never heard from anyone so called after three weeks, and they told me the ticket was closed after escalating to the carrier. In other words, Amazon has no accountability at all for the psychopathic behavior of the drivers that deliver their packages. I don't feel comfortable ever having another Amazon delivery to my home. I got a $20 credit for this. A further insult.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

I’ve been long time Prime member and for the last month all my orders are delayed. It’s okay if just one day delay but 2 days delayed and calling customer service seriously!!! What the ** is happening to Amazon!!! What’s the point of paying monthly fee just to get the 2 day shipping if it's always late. This year they become worst, not reliable and exaggerated pricing. Now I prefer buying in Wayfair. Within 4 days big furniture will be right on your door sometimes earlier than the expected delivery date. I hope Wayfair will add more stuff and take over AMAZON. FYI I purchased 3 small same item. 1 was delivered and 2 has been delayed for 2 days now!!! Hell.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

Ordered a mattress topper from Amazon. The charge went through on my credit card but when the item did not arrive I contacted customer service. Amazon had no record of the order or the charge. They didn’t even have my credit card info.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

I am an Amazon Prime member. Amazon uses locally contracted individuals in many areas to deliver some of their items. In Sacramento, CA, the level of service is so bad, I am reducing my orders from Amazon. They need to get their act together and consider increasing their use of UPS and USPS. We have had packages delivered to the wrong address which causes us to have to knock on neighbor's doors and ask if they have our packages. We had a recent order where there were 3 items under the same order number. Only 2 were delivered yet, Amazon.com stated that the items were "handed directly to a resident". This was an absolute lie by the contracted deliverer. The two items that were left were simply placed on our porch!. The third item simply wasn't delivered. Who knows where it went.

Last week, we had items that were supposed to be delivered by 9 PM. At 8:15 PM I could see that the delivery person was in our neighborhood. At 9 PM, the message changed and Amazon said the items would arrive 8 days later. Who knows what happened. That delivery still hasn't taken place. Amazon, as this problem mushrooms, you may see the same thing happen to you as has happened to a large Social Media provider where you see people leave... Suggest to take notice.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

I was a loyal customer to Amazon. Then they started Prime. Because I did a great deal of ordering through them I joined. Every year after they raised the price and orders was still taking up to and over a week. This past year the prices of goods started being not so competitive. So I have been purchasing from other sites. Well all day Cyber Monday I made all my Christmas purchases. I never received Email confirmations. Today Tues. I looked and every order was placed in future purchases. They canceled my orders. So I canceled my membership.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

Just wanted to warn all consumers... If you plan on ordering a magazine subscription on Amazon's website, be completely sure you want it. If you change your mind within a couple of minutes, you're screwed. Amazon will not let you cancel a magazine order. You will have to wait until the order gets sent to - and processed by - the publisher before you can take any action... And by then, it's too late. Amazon's cancellation policy and customer service in most other categories is great, but this is one area in which it fails miserably.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

I am a member of the Amazon Vine program, a program that reviews products for various manufacturers. I am currently having problems getting the reviews to post on the site. Until recently, Amazon had been very responsive to any email inquiries. I would get an automated response telling me they would answer within 24 hours. I have been emailing Amazon now for days and there is no response whatsoever. It's as if the entire customer service department has gone on vacation. I also purchase most of my items from Amazon and have for 10 years. I am rethinking this if they can't at least respond to an email.

Amazon.com Company Information