3.97/5
Based on 4,211 ratings submitted in the last year

5363 Amazon.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

My situation of a How To "So you'd like to..." content on my profile page disappearing was escalated to the Communities Team thing, and a response from a Karen ** had nothing to do with my situation and appeared to be a canned automatically-generated message. I responded precisely about what the issue was and that I needed to talk to a real person, and instead I got a response that no seller account was associated with my email. I never said I was a seller and my question had nothing to do with something I was selling.

In the past year, I also had multiple reviews that were suddenly deleted by Amazon even after I verified that I owned these products and these reviews were neither entirely positive or entirely negative, but the most in-depth and accurate reviews on these items that had yet been posted. One of the reviews the Communities Team never even sent me as a backup when I asked, so I assume that's lost to the void, too. I do not expect actually for this "So you'd like to..." content ever being recovered given how the customer service is now even worse.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

I opened a subscribe and save account through Amazon. The account allowed me to pick a specific date for items to be delivered to my home. I was routinely billed on different days for the account. The shipment would arrive broken up into multiple shipping boxes and delivered on different days. The boxes NEVER arrived on the day I chose. The bill was also broken up into several pieces making it difficult to see what I was being billed for and when. This month I caught them double billing me and called them on it. I had suspected there was some financial hankey pankey going on as the account was never billed the same amounts.

I was billed 85.35 on the 21st and again on the 22nd. I called them on the 23rd. I was told I was right and that they would issue an immediate refund. Three days later I called again. "Immediate" was actually 3-5 days due to banking issues.

5 days later I called again (today) and was told it's actually going to be 10 BUSINESS days to get a refund so look for it on the 5th of next month. And nothing... No, "Oh let me send you a free order to make up for us holding your money for two weeks." or "Let me extend your annual fee an extra month for you having to monitor our basic business practices." Just, "Yeah dude, our bad." I honestly think they have a theft racket going on over there as this is shady as hell. Now it makes sense as to why my bill for the same items each month was never the same and never billed in one bill and never shipped in one lot.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

I wanted to purchase this product which states on the site that it's in stock and delivered to my suburb in Australia as I was logged in. On trying to check out I'm advised that we are unable to ship non-digital items to Australia. If this is the case why state it's available to be delivered to me. Will not recommend this site.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

I bought a gos, cb radio and a mp3 player from Amazon. They shipped very expediently but when they arrived the concierge made a mistake and sent them back. Now I have not received my packages and Amazon says that they were delivered so they will not refund nor resend the purchases. I did not received the packages nor did I sign any proof of receipt, so basically the purchases were not received by me. So Amazon took my money and did not respond for the problems. Once I tried to contact them they kept on transferring me from one executive onto another.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

The driver get out of his truck, walk almost to my door and then throw my package the remaining 15 feet. The package was electronic equipment... specifically a dash camera and accessories. This is how we get treated after being Prime members since its inception. Oh yeah... Amazon gave me a $5 gift certificate for the inconvenience. :)

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Amazon.com?

Original review: Oct. 30, 2018

On 2 separate occasions Amazon sellers have sent something other than what I ordered. They have no return policy and so far Amazon has given no help. I have spent thousands shopping here over the years but that does not seem to matter.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2018

For months I've been trying to solve a billing dispute with Amazon and Chase (who does Amazon's billing). Last April Amazon offered a free month's trial of Amazon Prime shipping and I agreed to give it a try. During that month I realized that I don't order from Amazon enough to justify paying them $14.00 a month so I called them to cancel my membership. I also brought up the fact that they were charging me $7.99 a month for “Amazon Digital Services” (whatever the heck that is) and I certainly didn't order it. I was assured that they'd cancel my subscriptions and credit my account. They finally canceled the charges on my September statement but they added them back in the same statement! They had been charging me the $21.99 per month for five months and it ended up they didn't actually credit my account for even one!

Every single time I've called, I've received the runaround. Amazon's Customer Service Reps (five of them!) tell me I have to call Chase and Chase tells me I have to contact Amazon! An Amazon CSR sent me an email stating that I owe them nothing but Chase refused to give me their fax number or an email address that I could forward the email to. After an Amazon Rep pulled a “we can't call Chase for you” runaround yet again I replied that Chase has refused several times when I suggested they set up a conference call between them, me and Amazon, he stated that they weren't allowed to make conference calls either. I pointed out that (1) Amazon is the one who notifies Chase how much to bill me for and (2) he knows as well as I do that Chase is not going to take a customer's word for anything... it had to come from Amazon.

I argued him down so he staged the conference call. When we got a Chase CSR by the name of Rajesh (ID # **) on the line, he asked me to verify my identity. He asked me my email address and I gave it to him. He said my answer was incorrect so, even though I doubted that since I gave him the one they send their emails to, I held back my anger and gave him my old email address. He again told me it was incorrect so he couldn't help me. While he was talking I signed into my Chase account, went to my profile page and sure enough, I gave him the correct address the first time. When I informed him that I was staring at my profile page and I had given him the correct email address, he denied it. When I asked the Amazon CSR (who had been silent throughout the exchange) to verify my identity, the Chase Rep realized he was a party to a conference call and he hung up on me.

That's how ridiculous this whole mess has gotten. I called Amazon one last time this morning and spoke with Shahrukh (ID # **) and explained that my cancer meds cause memory loss and confusion and that's why I simply glanced at their statements and paid them whatever they said I owed. But it finally hit me that the last things I ordered were a microwave in February, 2018 and 2 very cheap software discs in March and since I'd paid them $40 to $60 every month, they had to be paid off by then. His solution was to credit my account for the two late charges that have been levied while I've been trying to settle the dispute. I told him that wasn't good enough because I'm not paying them another cent... in fact, they OWE ME $50.97. I'm going to report both companies to the FTC and the BBB and when it's settled, I will cancel my Amazon account and, believe me, I will tell everyone I know or meet about this experience.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2018

I ordered the game to be arrived on the release date, but I didn't get it!!! Though the courier is responsible for the delivery but Amazon is also to be blamed. They only sent it out by parcel post which is the SLOWEST way of delivery and there is no guarantee to get it on time and it turned out I cannot get it by the release date!!! If I chose expedited delivery and cannot get it on time WHAT IS THE POINT??? I had to buy another game somewhere else so my weekend wasn't wasted so I can only refunded it and I missed my pre-order goodies. There is no compensation. I wish I could have my pre-order goodies back. :( Never gonna buy on Amazon again!!! Don't give out impossible delivery choices if you cannot make it.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2018

I have been a loyal Amazon customer for 8 years and have had Prime for most of those years and I am going to echo what others have said. The 2-day guarantee is meaningless as there are no repercussions if your order does not arrive in 2 days. Most of mine do but if they don't, there is no compensation. I also get asked to review my purchases, which I do occasionally. The last time I tried, I received a pop up message that I was no longer allowed to review products because I had violated the community guidelines. There was a link to the guidelines and I had not violated any of them, nor had I received any notification from Amazon or any information on which specific guideline I had violated. All of my previous reviews were deleted and I can no longer post anything in the Amazon community, including questions about products.

I sent an email to ask Amazon why they would treat a loyal customer in this manner. I received no response. I tried online chat and was told someone would "fix the problem" within 24 hours. I still got zero response. I tried emailing again. No response. I cancelled all of my subscriptions and will likely not be renewing my Prime subscription. It's very disheartening to be treated like a criminal by Amazon but they are still more than happy to take my money. Don't trust any of the product reviews. Most of mine were positive or at neutral but it's clear that they are somehow manipulating them to show what they want them to. How else do you justify this behavior?

Original review: Oct. 29, 2018

Amazon has been getting worse with 2-day shipping. Some items say guaranteed 2-day shipping, but the guarantee doesn’t seem to mean anything. They do seem to try for 2-day shipping, but I’ve had a number of packages in which they’ve extended the delivery time without notice, and without any compensation, so I don’t know how you can call that “guaranteed” 2-day shipping. To make matters worse Amazon spams me with emails asking to review products that I’ve bought. Often I will write reviews, but the other day they sent me an email to review a product and then when I went to review the product Amazon revoked my abilities to review products and deleted all of my old reviews. Then I asked them for a reason why they did that, and they sent me this generic impersonal email, and refuse to respond with any more information.

I have never received anything for an Amazon review nor have I received any discounts for a review. I don’t know anyone that sells through Amazon, and I’m not affiliated or sponsored by anyone that sells on Amazon. I have no idea why they randomly deleted all of my reviews and took away my ability to review products. They won’t explain the decision at all, and they cut off all further communication after the one email. It’s the worst customer service I’ve ever experienced from Amazon.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2018

The "Prime" service is a lie. The customer buys because Amazon says it takes more than 2-3 days but it can take more than two weeks. I order items for a specific occasion and had to run to ordinary shop to get it, and to my surprises, cheaper!

Original review: Oct. 28, 2018

Amazon rejected Review-damaged/Torn Package Box-Elliptical: This is what I posted, and was rejected by Amazon: Package torn end-to-end tear, and a gaping 12" x 11" window/Other significant damage to box-the Package was delivered yesterday - very badly manhandled and damaged - torn and is coming apart in multiple places, the biggest issue is that there is a 12" x 11" window in the box on one of the sides - this side is also split into two with a full length cut from end to end.

When I questioned the delivery guy, he said "Oh, someone would have tried to lift the package incorrectly and caused the damages to the box," and that "no parts should be missing" and then walked away with a "have a nice day". This is unacceptable - expect to receive a Product with its packaging intact and not with a 12" x 11" hole and other holes and tears on the packaging. Will not know what's missing till the Assembly guy/s show up and start the assembly tomorrow. Will update. The Assembler is here right now, and she says she's missing a part and that she cannot assemble the elliptical.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2018

Amazon customer service has depreciated within the past few month Jeff Bezos earning his billions. I have been sent a console arriving in a color that I did not clearly order. When I was given option I was lied to that it would be resolved then transferred then lied again to be transferred again to be told another lie. I don’t understand how they can make an error and make the customer order from online then for them to correct the error. Amazon has provided when asking to speak to a Manager I got answered in a rude manner saying that they will not help so I would not shop at Amazon again after being treated like this. I advise everyone to do their homework about them before buying anything.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2018

Terrible service. I placed few orders on Amazon in the deals days. Orders were delivered one by one. Few were delivered to my neighbour. But I finally got them. There were in packing slips in bubble wraps nothing. I contacted them - they asked for pic and contact manufacturer. I did both the things. Manufacturer is saying that, "You paid to Amazon not us. Contact them only not us." Then I called them. I spoke to supervisor Abhishek. He talked to me rudely. I told, "Why you placed order with us." Then he told me contact escalation team. I did that again. No help. Again I called. They transferred me to Sushil - supervisor. Again he talked rudely like I'm a criminal. He told me, "Why he contacting Amazon. Why didn't you call us before placing order with them. Please take your products and give me my money. These all kama product are fake.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2018

I just received a Prime envelope that was completely empty and clearly mailed that way directly from Amazon. It was factory sealed, so there is no way that someone else stole the item. I reported this to Amazon and they said they could not help me because the label had a weight on it. .9 oz. They are insinuating that it was weighed before it was sent so therefore I must have received the item. I'm not sure how that could happen other than it was a clear rip off tactic on their part OR there was a technical issue in packing on their end. I'm so disgusted that I'm not renewing my Prime and I'm cancelling my account completely. Their service has really gone downhill lately.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2018

This year Amazon has lost three of my orders, and delayed almost a dozen. I use my Prime account for the "free 2-3 day" shipping, but now orders usually come in 4 or 5 days. Nothing is ever on time anymore. I've never had to complain about Amazon before, but I might as well just go to other sites if they're going to have the same slow service as every other store. I feel shortchanged here.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2018

I haven't had a problem with a seller on Amazon, but I continually have problems with some of the people that Amazon hires to deliver my purchases and those of others. Here are some examples: 1. A package for me was delivered to the wrong house, yet the label address was correct and readable. 2. I just saw an Amazon person THROW a package at our front steps. It was for another tenant and it was raining; I brought it in. 3. Three weeks ago, an Amazon person left a box containing a new trumpet face down in a PUDDLE at the bottom of our front steps. The box flaps came apart when I picked it up. 4. My housemate bought a printer last week. The driver threw it over a railing onto the floor of a side porch. 5. My spouse told me that her place of work has the same experiences with Amazon deliveries, packages thrown, mis-delivered, or never left in the same place twice in a row, despite going to the same office.

These clowns never ring doorbells to let you know that a package is there. They're too lazy to climb three steps, preferring to throw items for their convenience. They're clueless as to treating other people's property as they would want theirs to be treated. They have no sense of being reps for Amazon. I called Amazon to make a complaint and spoke with someone in India of course, who could only take complaints about specific purchases made by me. You can't make a general complaint about this problem? Really tired of this.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2018

I have been an Amazon Prime Membership customer for 3 years and today it came to my attention that I haven't been receiving my benefits for that membership. I have been a faithful consumer by paying my membership fee every year ($300.00) and my bill. Today I realized that for 3 years I have only been receiving 3% rewards on my account instead of the 5% I should have. This came to a $123.00 in lost rewards. After spending 3 hours on the phone with them they offered to refund me 20.00. This is a million plus company that obviously can't afford 100.00 compensation to a loyal member. I cancelled my membership. Shame on you Amazon.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2018

Extremely angry with Amazon service and cheat for refund my valuable money on worst product which was purchased by me. It's real shocking thing to me. I didn't accepted own mistake and sent damage product and denied to refund. It's really ridiculous and shame to this big giant company. I strongly don't recommend to purchase any product from Amazon. ZAAMBUTECH Bluetooth Wireless Headphone S6 for Android iOS & Windows Smartphone & Tablets Best and cheap for Gym use and for Calling While Driving.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2018

My 550 reviews are gone with 300 helpful votes. When I try to review, it says I went against their rules and lost privilege, but I do not know what I did wrong. It doesn’t say! How about letting us know what we did, and then give a warning? Not just wipe out hours of my time trying to help other buyers! Then when I try to call to find out what happened I get somebody in India who can't speak English or even help me. I quit Verizon for the same reason. If I can’t get someone on the phone that speaks my language I’ll put my business elsewhere!

Original review: Oct. 26, 2018

Hello. Wanted to bring something to light that just happened to me when purchasing a high dollar scope from Amazon.com. I just purchased a Steiner T5Xi from Amazon the seller, not a 3rd party seller (want to be sure that is clear that this came direct from Amazon as the merchant) and when I received the package today I received a shrink wrapped sealed T5Xi box with a Steiner seals on both sides of the box underneath the shrink-wrap. However, all I actually received in the original box were 2 freakin' Ice Mountain water bottles inside! I almost got sick.

Someone tried very hard to defraud either Amazon if it came from Steiner this way or an Amazon employee stealing and knowingly sending the package out this way. It had the LPN label on the outside of the box which usually indicates a previous customer return at some point which means, they were trying to pass it off as "New." What strikes me as very odd was that the manufacture stickers were still sealing the box inside the shrink wrap. I cut them both myself. That, and the fact that whoever did this knew the weight of the scope to get almost exactly the same weight with the 2 water bottles.

I’m just in complete shock and awe. I’ve had someone try to rip me off before on eBay trying to say I sent them junk in a box. Thankfully, I record every package I send prior to shipping so I have the process on file for just these instances but the fact that it came from a billion dollar retailer sealed in this manner just baffles me. I can attach some pictures of the box and seals and contents of the package.

This is the 2nd purchase of a scope in 1 week that was received as the wrong item. I also ordered a 3-12x44mm scope, again from Amazon the merchant, not a 3rd party merchant, and what I received was the same model but the 4-18x44mm version INSIDE the 3-12x44mm box. So obviously, they are selling used or returned items as "New" and their now $15 p/h employees are not even checking the boxes to verify the contents. I am done purchasing anything from Amazon, period. They are clearly falsely marking items as "New" that are previously used or returned items and the folks in charge of checking these things to ensure that they are returned correctly and properly retested are failing miserably.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2018

I had a free product as a bonus. Amazon would not send it to me in Australia. Amazon Australia would not recognise the discount code. Guys, really does your right hand not work with your left? Why this discrimination against Australia.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2018

My credit card was hacked and used for Amazon Prime charged. Amazon representatives refused to give me any information about the two accounts that used my credit card. I wish they could help customers tackle credit card hacking so customers feel safe with Amazon.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2018

3 times in 2 months, Amazon has failed to deliver the items I ordered! This is not the fault of their sellers but falls completely on the warehouse staff. I don’t understand how one can look at an order and pick the wrong items off the shelf. In one of the incidents, I only received half of my order and instead of Amazon just sending me the other half, they would only allow me to return what I received. Amazon hides the fact that their customers are extremely dissatisfied with their service. One cannot post a negative review on the company on their website! My security camera also captured footage of their delivery person tossing a package, that contained glass, on to my front porch! Amazon has gone downhill!

Original review: Oct. 26, 2018

I bought a car rim from Amazon 3rd party... It came damaged out of the box. The seller would not respond to my return request. After contacted by Amazon they had the nerve to me a postage required label... lol not even a printable label. YOU READY? It was a picture of a label taken with a cell phone blurry and crooked... (no kidding)... you're kidding right? You want me to pay for a bent car rims shipping cost? So I crabbed to Amazon and they said, "Take a picture of the invoice, call us and we will refund your shipping and also refund your rim through A-Z program..." So I shipped the rim back to the 3rd party vendor for 66.00 USPS Ground... I felt great, thinking all is well... no way!!! 2 weeks later I asked about the refund by calling Amazon... they said, "Oh the seller declined your refund..." WTH?

I got no email... "and we see no record of Amazon paying your return shipping." WTH? Let ME be clear. The rim was not mounted... it's pristine bent in the box so no one can say I damaged it. After 8 phone calls over a week... I may be getting the shipping refunded... and no A-Z. They said they will contact the seller and let me know. Really? Here's the sad part... there's a 30 day appeal process from the 3rd party seller if they decline your return... so in 5 days if I had not have called Amazon I would have been out 360.00 for the rim and the shipping back to them.

Why because no one from the 3rd party seller or Amazon said one word to me... How is that cool? How is that for Amazon taking care of customer... Beware. They just let any crap seller join with them. They will sell you garbage make you pay for shipping return then deny your claim (and hope 30 days pass then they are free). Slowly Amazon is losing their branding by using shady 3rd party sellers... I starting to like Walmart again.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2018

This has now happened twice. First time, let it slide, since it only bumped up to next time slot, but this time it jumped up 2 whole time slots, from 8-10 a.M. To 12-2 p.M., (Which is huge when you depend on these guys for groceries) within a second of clicking the tip down to zero, as tipping usually is in person. Anyway, called and spoke to a human chatbot, as he just repeated himself over and over. Then asked to speak to supervisor and she supposedly couldn't do anything about it. She said once the times are set they can't go in there and do anything manually, even when the mistake is on their end, which is pretty hard to believe, being Amazon is such a huge, corporation that felt the need to swallow up Whole Foods.

Since they began the whole process, we have noticed many negative changes in Amazon since November of 2017. Anyway... Bottom line, even though you select your time slot and it's confirmed, doesn't seem to mean anything anymore, unless, of course, your order total is closer to hundred dollars and/or you are tipping via their site, then they lay the red carpet out for you, so to speak.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2018

Amazon failed twice in a row to deliver my package. It may appear they refunded me, they didn't. I blame the first issue on USPS' incompetence but two orders in a row is crazy. To their credit they did send second package overnight, but it came up as undeliverable the next night. I have a Prime account and "fastest shipping" this third package was sent at is two days, which I already pay for. 3rd time's a charm and Amazon has wasted a week and a half for me to wait for my product. I'm cancelling Prime and going to other vendors. I figured they would have refunded my money and sent me the product for all the headache or at least overnighted the last package. The second cs agent was just better at schmoozing but didn't do me any favors.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2018

Have been a Prime member since they came. Out with it and regular Amazon customer before. Used to have Outstanding customer service! Earlier this Month received email. Called in to report it! Was told would have someone contact me in 24-48hrs!! Still waiting 3 weeks later for the email or phone call. Have called in several times. In the meantime get nothing but runaround and lies!!! Talked to them again today was told nothing has happened with my issue which is really super easy to fix but no one seems to know how to want to help. As a business owner and a average customer I am done. I will no longer be an amazing customer and will tell everyone how Jeff Bezos runs his company. Keep it up and you mise well just close the doors for good!!

Original review: Oct. 24, 2018

OK, so when checking out something before I buy from, I will look up the company’s name plus reviews. It has always been negative reviews after negative reviews. So I tested this with Amazon as I know that I’ve had nothing but a great experience with them for almost 10 years. Lo and behold, over 700 negative 1 star reviews. Amazon has been nothing but amazing. Whether I’ve had an issue with a Prime item or sold by a 3rd party, they have made it right.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2018

Amazon prime is a fake promising company which repeatedly failed to deliver all my orders even after 14 days of order. Customer service is only returning and refunding. All exclusive service teams are inactive. They are selling products in the name of customers to outside company, in track it is sold to customer, which is refunded and returned actually... Amazon now is a fake company. Never book on Amazon. You will get cheated.

Amazon.com Company Information