Madewell of New York, N.Y., is recalling about 51,000 pair of women's sandals in the U.S. and Canada.
The metal shank can dislodge and break through bottom of the outsole, posing a fall hazard.
The firm has received 8 reports of metal shanks dislodging and breaking through the bottom of the outsole. No injuries have been reported.
This recall involves all Madewell Sightseer sandals from the spring 2015 collection. Sandals with the following 10 style numbers and names in all sizes are being recalled:
- C0275 Sightseer Knotted Slide Sandal
- C0276 Sightseer T-Strap Thong Sandal in Black Leather
- C0277 Sightseer T-Strap Thong Sandal in Metallic Colorblock
- C0278 Sightseer Buckle Gladiator Sandal
- C0279 Sightseer Slide Sandal
- C1105 Sightseer Crisscross Sandal
- C5893 Sightseer T-Strap Toe-Loop Sandal
- C5895 Sightseer Ankle-Wrap Sandal in Shiny Silver
- C5897 Sightseer Lace-Up Sandal
- C6090 Sightseer Ankle-Wrap Sandal in Metallic Sand
The style number is located on a sticker on the outsole.
The sandals, manufactured in China, were sold at Madewell stores, online at madewell.com, online at shopbop.com from February 2015, to July 2015, for between $60 and $80.
Customers should immediately stop using the recalled sandals and contact Madewell to return them for a full refund.
Consumers may contact Madewell toll free at (866) 544-1937 anytime, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or online at www.madewell.com and click on Important Notice for more information.