Find a Movers partner

4.5/5 (504 ratings)
Find a Movers partner

Find Moving Companies partners near you

Move With Ease

Get matched with a trusted, professional moving company.

Get Matched Now

About Moving Squad of South Florida

Moving Squad® of South Florida offers local and statewide moves, and packing and storage services in the Fort Lauderdale, Miami, West Palm Beach and surrounding areas only. If you are looking for a trustworthy local mover, Moving Squad is the one stop shop for all your moving needs. Whether you are moving locally or across the state, we believe every move begins with careful planning and ends with superior execution. At Moving Squad, we have a dedicated team of professionals standing by to answer all of your questions, make your move hassle-free and offer a five-star moving experience.

Find Moving Companies partners near you

Pros

• Free online quotes
    • Same day service available
    • Mobile app
    • Bilingual customer representatives

Cons

• 5-day cancellation notice required
    • Deposit required

Bottom Line

Moving Squad of South Florida is a statewide moving company that offers cost-effective service for moving in and out of small spaces. A mobile app and 24/7 customer service provide flexibility on the front end.

Move With Ease

Get matched with a trusted, professional moving company.

Get Matched Now

Moving Squad of South Florida Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Moving Squad of South Florida?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Moving Squad?

Original review: Nov. 10, 2019

I liked Moving Squad of South Florida's pricing and guaranties. Their moving coordinator was pleasant and the expectations set was fairly accurate. They had a good crew. There was just an accident regarding my sectional. One of the feet of the sectional ended up breaking from the delivery. Other than that, everything went well.

Moving Squad of South Florida response

Thanks for the feedback the there Joe!

Original review: Nov. 9, 2019

The community that I was moving into had an advertisement for Moving Squad of South Florida. Their rep and I chatted on the phone a few times. The delivery and pick-up crew was good. Everything was fine.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2019

We contacted the storage facility where our friend had a storage unit being rented. We asked them if they had any contacts, or if they had any business cards of any moving companies. They gave us a list of three of them. For every obstacle that I had, the guy that I talked to at the Moving Squad was like they could work around it or they would figure it out. I really felt better about this transaction taking place after talking to him. I felt more at ease dealing with him.

We hired a moving company to empty out our friend's apartment and move it into another storage facility. And what Moving Squad was gonna charge us was 100% based on trust and then being honest. So I trusted them for their honesty. And they were honest. When the guys got there the next day to do the move, it was a whole lot more work than we originally thought because when the police went through my friend's apartment, it was a mess.

The guy from Moving Squad called me back in the morning and told me what we were dealing with. He said if they were gonna get it done that day, they need to get some more people out there. So it was gonna increase the cost. Additionally, there was a whole lot more stuff there. Our quote went from being one thing to being $3,500. They made sure that they have my okay for the $3,500, and I told them yes. They did everything that they needed to do. They got it done a little bit earlier. And when all was said and done, the final price was about $2,650. So I was very happy.

It was super stressful, but the guy was nice. We worked through every single issue that day. They emptied out a two-bedroom apartment and put it into a 12 x 20 storage facility. They packed it to the hilt. At the end of the day, he could have kept the price at $3,500, and I wouldn't have known any difference. But it was almost $1,000 less. I can't say enough good things about that. I'm in another state, and I would have never seen it, but they were still honest.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2019

Moving Squad has a good price and it is close to me, which is convenient. They were very patient when I had some issues with the payments. My grandmother was taking care of everything, but she was in North Carolina and I was in Florida. She’s also older so she doesn’t know how to use technology, which is a bit of a problem. I was charged a little bit extra because of the waiting they had to do on their part, but that was expected. Other than that, everything was accurate and fast. And the pickup and delivery crew was very helpful. All in all, it was a good experience.

Moving Squad of South Florida response

We're happy to have helped you with this move! Thank you!

Original review: Nov. 4, 2019

The Moving Squad crew broke something, but it was all right. I wasn’t able to get money. It was too much paperwork and I said forget about it. I had two moves. The first one went excellent and then I got them again. The other one was done a little bit rough. But everything was well with their inventory and quote. On both trips, it was good.

Moving Squad of South Florida response

Thank you for being a continued customer! We appreciate you!

Original review: Oct. 15, 2019

Moving Squad was reasonably priced and they did it in less time that I needed. It was a very good experience. They had a little trouble bringing one of the items up, but they tried everything that they could and finally got it to work. They got everything done.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2019

I have a mutual friend who works for one of the companies that owns Moving Squad itself. They quoted me correctly and what they quoted was what I paid. The delivery guy was a couple minutes late, but he called me and gave me a heads up. They worked efficiently and exceeded my expectations on that. I’m satisfied.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2019

Everything and everyone was great from start to finish. Moved many times and this was by far the best. And reasonably priced. Made it easy to coordinate move over 2 days. Showed up on time both days. Miraculous! Good job guys and Thank you.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2019

I have now used the Moving Squad twice and if I need to move again in the future I would not hesitate to call them again. I also would recommend them to anyone I know that is planning a move. The customer service was excellent both from the office staff and the crew that moved me.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2019

Moving Squad was recommended to me by a friend, and their moving coordinator was perfect. Plus the quote was reasonable. They were efficient, mannerly and they did a great job.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2019

Worst experience ever!!!! They were advised that we had a move out time window and the first thing they do is arrive 20 minutes late. Do not use them for any high rise building move outs, they will overpromise and under deliver. They were more focused on moving out boxes and not taking apart our bedroom sets, because of that, the majority of our bedroom sets were left in the 35th Floor and it has been 2 days since our move and we are still without our bedroom sets. Finally, they left one of our pieces of furniture in the 1st floor of the building and were overheard by one of the maintenance people "to leave it behind" and it is still there!! I informed the moving company of all these details and all they could do was apologize and tell me that they understand, however, I received no comment when I sent them the picture of the furniture they left behind.

I paid over $2000 for a Failed move. They also charge for fuel (15% of the total moving estimate which they say is for overhead, which makes me wonder how they come up with their hourly price of $115.00). Other companies don't charge the fuel surcharge on a percentage basis. They also charge for overtime (time and a half) if they pass 8 eight hours, so beware of how long they say in the estimate.

In summary, they stress they are professionals and come in late as well as hire people who smell like they haven't taken a bath in several weeks. They state that they do a background check on everyone they hire; however, one of the movers admitted that they would rather be smoking weed (who also happened to be the driver). And the head of the crew was only concerned at the end of making sure all the paperwork was signed to cover themselves but takes no responsibility in leaving a piece of furniture behind on purpose.

I would dub the company, MOVING MOB for what they charged us. I would not pay $1 more to finish the move with them since they went way past the agreed amount and Failed to move all our items. They started the move at 10am and at 3pm. They were forced to stop due to the elevator breaking down. Once again they were advised that we had a move out window of 9:00 am to 1:00 pm. I would have preferred to hire a group of people from a nearby home improvement store and rent a moving truck myself then to hire this company which all they cared was to get paid and at the end get a tip for a Failed move. Do not use this company if you are moving out of a building!!!

Original review: Sept. 30, 2019

Moving Squad of South Florida said that they give out a discount. The guys came, put the stuff and said that, “We give the $50 more discount and your deposit, so we’ll be back after the order has come.” I personally talked to the representative, with the supervisor and state all the papers but they said, “No, we cannot give you a discount.” So, I was pissed at first. That was not right. That was not a good customer service, and their manager was really rude. The people they sent who picked up stuff put them at a warehouse safely. Their movers did a good job. And that part was not a problem. The problem was when we asked a refund.

They said, “Oh, that’s not possible, because we haven’t done this and that.” They kept the whole $450. We were upset with giving us false information. He should’ve talked with me. He should’ve understood that English is my wife’s second language. But despite that she tried to prove her point. The manager didn’t give me opportunity to speak something. The representative needs to see us back. If they’re not gonna give us a refund, then they have to say, “No, we cannot make it. It's our policy."

Original review: Aug. 7, 2019

We were drawn to Moving Squad as they had good reviews online and sold us on the fact they weren't a large company. We realized afterwards that they are Colonial Van Lines. It has been a month and we still don't have our items, with no estimated delivery date given. The experience has been horrible, and I hope this review will turn people away so they don't have to go through the same nightmare that we did. Simply do a search for Colonial Van Lines and read reviews. DO NOT MAKE THE MISTAKE OF USING THIS COMPANY.

Original review: July 30, 2019

The experience I had with Moving Squad was good. The timing was bad but they did a wonderful job. Nothing broke and they set everything up. I liked everything about the service.

Original review: July 24, 2019

I received Moving Squad's flyers and I called them first. It sounded okay so I didn’t have to go any further. I was very pleased with the rep that helped estimate my inventory. The pick up and delivery crew didn’t understand English and didn’t know how to get here, but once they got here, they were very good. I’d recommend Moving Squad but they should have one of the drivers learn how to speak English so they can follow directions.

Original review: July 17, 2019

I'm very, very disappointed in Moving Squad. In the beginning, they took me to Pompano which was great. I did have damage, but I know things happen, and that was okay. I understand that. But with my trip to New Hampshire, I was so misled thinking it was gonna cost me $2,000 when they came up with $8,000 that they said I had to pay. I've had to unpack my bed and throw stuff away because it was not explained to me how this process of the move was gonna be. I think they should have given me a discount. I've asked them, then we were just going around and around, and the rep just skated by everything I said. I asked them to give me some kind of a discount for my misled information, and no one has called me. Nothing has happened.

I ended up paying $5,000 and I had to undo my boxes because I didn't realize that the weight capacity was going to be that much. I just had them putting boxes and boxes thinking it was all okay. I would have never had a mover because everything that I moved, I could have brought brand new with $5,000. On top of that, they wanted me to pay for something I didn't even have. It was a horrible experience. They discounted $50 which was ridiculous. Had they compensated something to what had transpired, then I'd probably wouldn't have felt so bad. They still haven't even contacted me. I even used them twice and there is no compensation. That's not right. I'm very unhappy with the company and I'll never recommend them.

Original review: May 15, 2019

I found Moving Squad of South Florida through the internet and decided to go ahead with them because of their price. My move was not even three hours. They took my toolbox by mistake, but they returned it. I just thought it was a little unfair that they charged me the drive when I didn’t need to rent a truck, because I was moving within the building. But other than that, everything else was fine.

Original review: April 3, 2019

I was recommended to Moving Squad and the quote they gave me seemed reasonable. Their customer service was pretty good. They've called me back, and everything was good. Also, everything was great with the moving crew.

Original review: April 2, 2019

From the beginning and getting a quote, to the gentleman coming to the unit to load up the truck with our belongings and bringing into the storage facility, it was a smooth process. The Moving Squad representative, Marsha, made me feel very comfortable and at ease that my belongings were gonna be taken care of. Speaking to her directly and then having to do a little bit of a back and forth that day, she never seemed annoyed and she was always helpful. The moving crew was awesome and they were funny as well. Sometimes people come in and they just do their job, but the crew made it seem like they were friends of mine, so it was really good.

Original review: March 15, 2019

Every time I move, I've had a bad experience so I've had to try a new one every time. Based on their reviews online, I decided to acquire Moving Squad’s services. The moving staff coordinator was incompetent, eight times to get the proposal correct. But the actual movers were phenomenal. I'm gonna use them again and request the same group. I’d recommend them because even though the setup experience was painful the actual movers are really good.

Original review: March 8, 2019

The delivery and pick-up crew that we got from Moving Squad was on-time and quick. They wouldn’t let me lift a finger. They came, set it up and before we started moving stuff in they're like, “Where do you want everything, so we know." Then, they were done with everything in an hour. I love their services. Everything about them was great, except that it was expensive, especially, because you have to have like a minimum of three hours when it literally took them an hour. I paid $500 for a bed, a desk, a table with four chairs and an extra $30 for the TV. But actually, in comparison to everyone else, they were competitive. So when you think about it that way, then pricing is okay. Despite their pricing, I’d still recommend them.

Original review: March 7, 2019

The Moving Squad website was laid out well. The person who helped set everything up was right on top of everything, did a good inventory over the phone, and always got back. The delivery guys were right on time, knew exactly what to do, and they were in and out in less time than I thought it would take. Moving Squad did a fine job and I’d recommend them.

Original review: March 6, 2019

I couldn't be more satisfied with Moving Squad and I'd highly recommend them. I had a friendly, courteous, professional and quick moving coordinator. And my pick-up and delivery crew were superb as well. They were professional, courteous, fast, and helpful.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

Moving Squad was local in Tamarac and every time I called, they answered the phone right away. They also always had the quote proper and it wasn't like some outrageous price. I didn't encounter any attitude either. They were professional. I was a little scared about my glass China cabinet but the crew wrapped everything good and nothing was banged up.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

I had to use two moving companies back-to-back and Moving Squad was amazing. I had a pod mixed up and I had to get someone that day. And the guy who handles Moving Squad was really great. It was a really stressful thing but he made it not stressful.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

Moving Squad gave me a good price and there was also someone who was assigned to be the representative who was on top of the details. I liked that too. The lead of the crew was very good as well. He was very careful, knowledgeable and clean. I could see the other two guys were not experienced but under this guy's supervision, it went well. They missed one thing in the very end though. There's one piece in one bed that they took down and they couldn’t put it back in. But it was one out of however many pieces they moved so it was nothing major.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2019

Moving Squad has lower price compared to other companies but they guarantee the same quality. We discussed the items that were being moved, specifically the heavy ones, and the quantity and the weight based off that, as well as the amount of movers they were sending. We came up with a list of the items, how long it would take, upstairs, downstairs, and we added an extra hour on. The rep estimated about four hours, but we added on the fifth hour for if they carry over, for my protection. I didn’t wanna be charged an enormous amount. But in actuality, we only finished in three hours.

The moving crew came and knocked it out. They didn’t go out for coffee breaks outside and weren’t outside smoking. They weren’t discussing. One person was wrapping and moving, and the other three sitting outside. I had a four-person crew and they went in, grabbed everything that was needed, and walked out, loaded the truck up, got to the other house, and unloaded the truck exactly where my wife said. Even with the two dressers that had clothes in it that I told my kids to get the clothes out, they turned around and just wrapped it up with the clothes in there and brought it over. I said, “That adds an extra 60 pounds.” But they said, "No worries, we got it.” They’re people that do what they have to do.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

I’m very satisfied with Moving Squad and I recommend it. It's great. The people I dealt with to help estimate my inventory and get the quote for my move were very helpful. I was very comfortable working with them. The way the crew handled my items was good too. We didn’t have any damage. Moving Squad was good during the pick-up and the delivery, and I was quite satisfied with them.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

I have a colleague who recommended Moving Squad. Everything was fine with my experience with them. The whole move was done well and professionally too. I didn’t have any problems at all. The guys were not exactly on time though cause they got held up with the previous job but it was no big deal. The guys worked very hard. The move turned out to be a little bit more complicated than we thought because the office we moved into was much smaller. Even the doorways were smaller. We have a big, heavy treadmill and a lot of the stuff didn’t fit in but they got them all in. The whole move was surprisingly good compared to previous experiences I’ve had with other moving companies. I would recommend Moving Squad.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

Moving Squad did a good job. They moved us prior, too and did a good job as well. Their moving coordinator was fair. Moreover, their moving crew was professional. They did well and didn’t damage anything.

Moving Squad of South Florida Company Information