2. Movers

4.8/5 (94 ratings)

About Bellhop

Bellhop matches clients with third-party service providers that offer local and long-distance moving. It also provides hourly labor to help move your furniture and unload or load your truck. The company sells several packing supply kits to make your move easier but does not offer packing services.

Pros

• Tracking app
    • Custom packages
    • Hourly rates available
    • Packing supply kits available

Cons

• No international relocation services
    • Not available in all states
    • No storage facilities

Bottom Line

Bellhop offers an alternative to traditional moving companies. It has a convenient booking process that can be completed online or over the phone. If the company is available in your area, it’s worth considering.

Bellhop Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bellhop?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bellhop?

Original review: May 7, 2021

The rep was amazing. He made the move clean and simple. Everyone was incredible and everything was in good condition. It was a great experience with Bellhop all around.

Original review: May 6, 2021

I liked that Bellhop had a la carte services. I was looking for labor only. I was going to get a truck and drive myself. I made most of the reservations online. But when I called customer service with some questions, they were very helpful. I felt very comfortable with their team. They did a good job. When I was moving out, they were a little bit late, but they were super efficient. They still made it in the time that I had scheduled. I was very pleased with the service that I received. I was a little wary at first because I didn't know anybody who had personally used them. But all of my things made it and they were all in the condition in which they were moved.

Original review: March 31, 2021

We used Bellhop's delivery for unloading other stuff and everybody was super friendly and efficient. The Bellhop guys were very customer service first and we appreciated that. It made moving all the stuff in go really quickly. They did a good job.

Original review: March 30, 2021

The crew was so great. They showed up ready to work. They got everything out and they ended up doing it much faster than we were originally guessing it would take.

Original review: March 30, 2021

Bellhop was excellent all the way around. I had called 12 moving companies and nobody answered the phone or returned my call. Not only did Bellhop answer the phone at 7 o'clock at night, but I was also able to talk to a live person. We ended up having an issue moving into our new house and Bellhop was great about rescheduling the first move. They moved all my stuff into a storage unit and moved it into our new house once it was ready. Trever, one of the guys who did my move, was incredible and greatly motivated. Two guys were with him the first time and they were great. And the second time, they were just as good.

Original review: March 29, 2021

We used Bellhop for an extra hand and they were great. We hired them for three hours and the move took two and a half. I like doing things online and with Bellhop, I did everything on their website.

Original review: March 28, 2021

Bellhop has always moved us. They do a really good job from start to finish explaining everything I need. The guys who pick up things do what I ask.

Original review: March 28, 2021

All of my interactions with the Bellhop team was positive. They were consistent with contacting me and making sure that everything went smoothly, so customer service is awesome. They also prepped me and said that the clock would start as soon as the gentlemen began to move our things. I wasn't there for the physical move, but my sister alerted me when they arrived.

The first gentleman was probably the driver, and then the movers arrived shortly after. The driver clocked in as soon as he pulled up and our time started. However, they didn't start to move until 20 minutes later, so I ended up having to contact customer service. They were able to remove the extra time that the guys clocked in, and they only charged me for the time that they moved me. If I had not caught that, I would have been charged for the time that the gentleman sat outside of my house.

Original review: March 27, 2021

The rep who assisted me, Joey, was very communicative. The Bellhop official crew was very professional. The unfortunate part though was that the third-party truck company they hired had some miscommunication on the address and they were delayed in arriving. But Bellhop was on top of everything and they corrected the situation. Overall, the move was a success. Everything came all safe. I had a very easy experience and I would recommend Bellhop. I would use them again in a future move.

Original review: March 27, 2021

I was looking for someone to move me and Bellhop was in a range where I could use them. They were professional. They explained the pricing to me, what was going on and what needed to be done. They also asked me if I needed to move anything else. If I needed to purchase anything or do anything, they let me know offhand. They did a pretty good job and they did it quickly too.

Original review: March 26, 2021

Bellhop responded right away. It was very quick. Overall, I would give the entire experience, on a scale of 1 to 10, a 10. I would recommend to anybody that asked. The person handled it very good. The moving day went exactly as described. We set up a time, people met me, we took care of it, and that was it. It was a very good experience. They delivered as promised. To me, that’s the most important thing. I had a certain thing that I needed, and the person told me the way it would work, and it did exactly as he said.

Original review: March 26, 2021

With the guys who moved me, everything was a good experience. They were very pleasant and I had no problem. They were a little late, but besides that, pickup and delivery were fine.

Original review: March 25, 2021

I just moved from an apartment into a townhouse. It was in the same city and although the zip code changed, it was less than 20 miles. The whole move, including the travel, took about two and a half hours. I used Bellhop and it was perfect. All the other carriers that I contacted had a minimum of four hours and they had all this stuff that I didn't need. I just needed a couple of guys to move me. I was totally surprised because Bellhop was cheaper than even me renting a truck and a couple of guys at Lowe's.

I had things all scheduled and the actual movers contacted me about two or three days ahead of time, which was nice. They were very professional and it was a wonderful move. I moved a lot during my military career and this was one of the easiest as well as one of the least expensive moves I've ever had. I told a couple of the folks from the apartment complex that are thinking about moving about Bellhop. Hopefully, they will use it because I was just very impressed with the efficiency and how quick they were. The price was a big deal too.

Original review: March 25, 2021

The rep was nice and organized. I did the packing and then the movers were able to get most of my stuff in the house without having to take them apart, but whatever they took apart, they put back together just fine. They were very friendly, helpful and professional. We incorporated a trip to the storage shed on the way and they got it done in record time. I was trying to do it at three hours and I told them I didn't want four. They accommodated me and didn’t try to stretch it out longer than it needed to be. They had another move right after, so they tried to make sure as well that they have time in between to get set up for the next move, and then also include the middle trip. They did a fantastic job.

Original review: March 24, 2021

I had reached out to three companies but they were overpriced. I ended up with Bellhop and their reps were polite and had a sense of humor. It was a pleasure doing business with them. Even the movers were fabulous. They were very professional. I joked with one of the workers saying, "Are you the only one moving?" He said, "No, we got a line going. I'm only bringing it to the stairs and then someone else takes it from the stairs and brings it to the truck and then someone else puts it on the truck." They were very well-organized. They wrapped everything with blankets. My furniture got battered around a little bit but they didn't break anything.

Original review: March 23, 2021

The crew was fantastic. They moved everything and never had a problem with them. It took them four and a half hours. That was from the time of getting to the apartment where we used to live, packing everything up, getting to the home we just bought and then unpacking everything. I'd recommend them to anybody who's moving.

Original review: March 23, 2021

Bellhop was right on time and they did everything perfectly and carefully as well. They were very efficient.

Original review: March 23, 2021

I was just moving a piece of exercise equipment and the people were awesome and nice. They were in and out in five minutes.

Original review: March 22, 2021

Bellhop's whole setup looked very professional and had all these guarantees for satisfaction so instead of trying to find a fly-by-night random thing up here, we decided to go with them. The communication was really good and they were super accommodating to us. They got everything done really quick and efficiently, especially for the price point and how we were in the middle of crazy weather. Also, the quote was spot on. It took them less time than I had budgeted for - I did four hours and they got down three hours - so they refunded me an hour, which I wasn't expecting. I would use Bellhop again in a second. I've only moved a couple of times and that was our best experience.

Original review: March 22, 2021

Bellhop did a great job, and I definitely would recommend them. At first, I had to go to my mother-in-law's house and pick up some of our furniture there. Then, we had to go over by the airport and pick up the rest of our stuff that was in storage for four years. They were really good. When we had Two Men and a Truck, they moved our antique furniture. They're like 160 years old. They cracked the foot on it. But I told the guys from Bellhop about the furniture ahead of time. I said, “Hey, look. These are 160 years old. Just really be careful with them.” They were really careful. I gave them a hand here and there. It was a 10 x 15 space, and it was full. They helped set up everything, they had set up the beds and put everything right where we wanted it.

Original review: March 22, 2021

We had to delay because of the snow but the gentleman in charge of the crew was most responsive in rescheduling for the next morning at 8:00. The staff arrived on time. They were very professional and worked the entire time they were here. There was no downtime and they could not have been nicer young men. We enjoyed having them. I recommended them to another friend who used them last Tuesday. It was a great experience and I would highly recommend Bellhop again. We underestimated the time required about 30 minutes and we didn't mind paying the overage which was close. I could not be more pleased.

Original review: March 21, 2021

I used Bellhop before when I moved and they were a lot less expensive than the regular movers around town. I used them again and did things on the app. With some other moving companies doing things online, they fill everything out then they call you. It was easier with Bellhop. The movers were super friendly. The last time I did a move, the movers were great too. With the experience and the price, it was a really good experience. I've suggested Bellhop to a couple of people.

Original review: March 21, 2021

I feel great about Bellhop. I love the company. The movers themselves were great. The communication from the company was great. It was easy to communicate with the customer service reps’ headquarters. It was easy to book online. Pricing was reasonable, too. I've used Bellhop plenty of times. I'm a repeat customer. They’re doing great.

Original review: March 21, 2021

The process was straightforward. They could answer every single question that I had, made sure everything was upfront and that I knew what the expectations were and how everything would work. They made sure they had every single detail of what my move was, where I was going, where it's coming from and what I needed. It's not a one place stop or restricted to one person. They could go from moving truck or what I did, having packing moving trucks or even unpacking a moving truck. I only needed movers to pack a truck for me and they were also able to help me get that set up right away. Both gentlemen who helped me out were extremely nice and ready to go. The experience was extremely positive.

Original review: March 20, 2021

I liked the price and availability of Bellhop. The representative I spoke with on the phone gave me all the information I needed then she also told me I had to go online if I needed additional things like packing stuff. I was able to go online and read about their move, what they would need, how we had to have everything set up, and what they could and couldn't move. Everything was easy.

When the people were originally supposed to come, we had a snowstorm so they had to reschedule, which was understandable. On the day that they showed up, they showed up on time and with more people than I expected. They moved us out really quickly. Since they were working by the hour, I was like dreading but they were really efficient. And they answered every question we had. They even let us use some of their tools to take apart last minute stuff. They were very helpful. On the whole, the price was a little high but Bellhop earned it.

Original review: March 20, 2021

It went well with Bellhop. They were prompt and very professional. They got in and set everything up. I'm very satisfied to what I needed to have done and in a timely manner that they took care of it. I also used Bellhop before and I liked the service that I received.

Original review: March 19, 2021

Everything was cool with their website. Every interaction I had was really good. Any time I talked to someone, it was professional. They were great, very efficient, very polite and had the mask on. It was an overall pleasant experience. I definitely would recommend Bellhop to other people.

Original review: March 19, 2021

We liked the convenience and the price with Bellhop. I moved from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania to Dallas Texas. I moved like a two-bedroom apartment. Moving out of Pittsburgh, I only got help with the big stuff from Bellhop. Then moving in Dallas, they moved everything. Moving out, I already had everything wrapped. They came and pretty much put it into my U-Pack for me. The whole process was about 20 minutes but I had them for an hour. I let them go after 20 minutes, so it wasn't an issue. Then, when they came into Dallas and moved me out of the U-Pack and into my house, I’ve got them for two hours. But they finished unloading everything in about an hour and a half. Everything went great both times. Our experience with Bellhop was great, hassle-free, and I would definitely recommend and use the service again.

Original review: March 19, 2021

The rep was knowledgeable and helped me with what I needed. Whenever the crew got here, they did it quickly.

Original review: March 18, 2021

Electronically, everything went well. I did it online and I received online confirmation. Everything was perfect with the move too. They were right on time, even a few minutes early. They were quick, speedy, efficient and very helpful. My experience with them was great. I enjoyed being able to pay my estimate right upfront and was able to make a quick decision instead of having to wait for somebody to call me back. So, I thought that that was a big plus and why I moved forward. Hopefully, I don't have to move again for a while, but if I do, I'll pick them again.

Bellhop Company Information