2. Miscellaneous

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.76/5

Reader's Digest Reviews

Original review: Dec. 28, 2017

I ordered my father's large print Readers' Digest order ** since 2016 and for one year subscription until Dec 2017. Every 3-4 months I have received IMPORTANT - LAST NOTICE TO RENEW because order was due for renewal. Even in March and June 2017. In October 1, 2017 I renewed supposedly until Dec 2018 with Chase Bank check # **.Today 12-28-17 I received another IMPORTANT ORDER NEEDS TO BE RENEWED notice saying that my order was only until Dec 2017. The Reader's Digest.com site is only to order or renew - NO AREA to contact somebody nor 1-800 number to speak to anyone. My impression is that they do it on purpose to overbill seniors like my father (he is 92 and does believe that it needs to be renewed every time he sees those notices 3-4 times a year). If a subscription is for one whole year it should be sent a bill once a year.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2017

I didn't receive the copies of February, March, August, September and December. I wrote several emails. RD care but no response. Also, I want to cancel my subscription, please don't renew. A few suggestions to Reader's Digest: Please ensure you have a good delivery team, to track if copies are sent to the readers. Please ensure you have a good support system. Your customer service number never works. Please ensure your website works well, I have many a times requested for address change, but it does not work.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2017

I go online to try and send a funny story to what happened to me when I went to Europe and I keep saying Reader's Digest Canada... Submit a funny story or joke to Reader's Digest Canada... but I keep getting the one from the USA and or Australia. It all goes good until it wants my Zip code and because I give it to them because I live in Canada it will not complete my request because they want one from the USA or Australia. I then will go to my browser and type in... Submit your Joke, Funny Story or Quote to Reader's Digest Canada or Reader's Digest Canada and here we go again. It will go to either the USA or Australia website.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2017

A decent medium sized magazine which is convenient to carry and read as it is not too detailed and are a good combination of happenings around the world and many things. It has been there for a long time and still continues to improve one's information and entertainment.

Original review: July 26, 2017

I made payment on 19-03-2017 on 17:39:50. Total payment of 761 (711 (50 shipping)). They handed me a book and after that not even one books is couriered to me on time. Today am writing a review (26/7/2017) and only a have is a copy of May is with me, which was delivered to me, when I told them return my money back. HT media + reader digest is the worst service I have ever seen.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Reader's Digest?

Original review: July 31, 2016

On June 27, 2016, I enquired about my Subscription status by emailing rdcare@intoday.com. On July 1, 2016, I get a response from Kabita saying "We regret to inform you that your payment made by you through online has not been realized from the bank". In other words, although my Credit Card was charged after making online payment, they are not going to send any issues because of some internal problems.

I responded the same day asking "why am I being penalized if my payment made online has not been realized from the bank?" Kabita again responds on July 08, 2016, now saying "We would like to inform you that your subscription has been lapsed w.e.f October 15 issue against the subscription number..." and "we tried to contact you at... but we are unable to get through". Hogwash!

I get calls from all over the world, but only Reader's Digest is "unable to get through"! Also what earlier was "your payment made by you through online" now became "your subscription has been lapsed"!!! On July 11, 2016, I receive an email from Sugandh asking for an "alternate number". I responded the same day saying "Please just call for once on... and I'll answer". There has been complete silence after that! No call or email and most importantly, not a single issue of Reader's Digest! What was once a publication held in extremely high esteem and something I grew up reading, has now fallen to these dismal levels. DeWitt ** and Lila Bell ** must be turning in their graves. PS: The dots (...) above represent my Subscription and Mobile Numbers that I'm not comfortable revealing in the review. Thanks for your understanding. However, if I need to, I most certainly will. Please let me know. Thanks.

Original review: June 2, 2016

I think of Reader's Digest with fondness because this magazine could usually be found around our home as common reading fare. Although some serious readers say that digests like RD giving shortened versions of books deprive readers of the much richer reading experience of going through the complete book. On the other hand, they could serve as stepping stones allowing a brief glimpse of the featured book so that readers can get the full book if they liked the abbreviated version. Digests can also serve as trainers for beginning readers to develop the reading habit easily.

The magazine features entertaining human interest articles which tug at the heart, as well as interesting and informative travel and culture articles. However, the articles dealing with politics are quite conservative. RD also has regular sections such as "Laughter, the Best Medicine" which posts humorous anecdotes sent in by readers. I remember using the vocabulary section of back issues as helpful review materials in preparing for school entrance and scholarship exams. I also appreciated the colorful covers with beautiful paintings. With its ubiquitous presence in our home, RD seems like an old, familiar friend.

Original review: May 24, 2016

I love Reader's Digest to death... Reader's Digest makes me more knowledgeable of what happens at all over the world. I also love the funny anecdotes and the vocabulary games. I will definitely recommend Reader's Digest to anyone who likes reading.

Original review: May 24, 2016

I super love the Reader's Digest. I grew up borrowing my mom's collection for the Laughter the Best Medicine section... Then All in a Day's Work, Life's Like That, Word Power, Quotable Quotes --- until I started reading the more lengthy sections. It has taught me to love reading and I am glad that over the years they did not disappoint in giving me information that made me more educated about different cultures all around the world, religion, psychology, etiquette --- you name it - Reader's Digest got it.

They always go out of their way to feature great life stories from which you could learn a lot from. One issue of the Reader's Digest could keep me entertained for a whole day. It really lives up to its name. It's a shame that the more technology advances, we people have become more engrossed in other leisure activities far less worth the while than reading a good book such as this.

Original review: April 23, 2016

I am subscribed for Reader's Digest. A week ago you told me you will send a subscription copy and free gifts along with a Reader's Digest copy. Still now I have not received any copies. Probably your courier man has not identified my address properly. In case of I not receiving any copies I would consider this Reader's Digest subscription and sweepstakes as fake and I am may lodge a complaint against this. Please be honest and sincerely give my free gifts as I was ready to pay my 761 Rs cash.

Reader's Digest Company Information